Speaker 1: It's nice size.
Speaker 2: Ray.
Speaker 1: I'm going in Mazy Boston's news.
Speaker 2: Radio tomorrow night at nine o'clock. Be sure to join us. You have any questions about your taxes for calendar year twenty twenty four Tax year twenty twenty four. The CPA the official CPA of Nightside, Mark Misselbeck. He's joined us on every tax season now, going back, we think it's about fourteen to fifteen years. He was with us in February and the phones were quite busy, and so I have prevailed. And Mark was with us actually on Thursday, the thirteenth of February, so that was about three weeks ago. So he is going to be back with us this Friday night, Tomorrow night at nine o'clock. Any questions you have about your taxes, he will be more than happy to try to help you all free of charge. Six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty, triple eight nine to nine ten thirty. Also six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. That will get you through. You can catch up, Pierre. I'm not going to spend a lot of time resetting this, but I will quickly tell you that the Department of Government Efficiency has sent and they have now rescinded an email that they sent to doctors, surgeons, nurses, physicians, assistants, pharmacists, all of whom volunteer their time as members of trauma and critical care teams with the National Disaster Medical System. And these are clinical care physicians, surgeons, emergency medic and medicine physicians, physicians, assistants, nurse PRACTITIONERSNS, registered nurses, nurse in enthusiologists, paramedics, respiratory therapists, radiology technologists, surgical technologies technologists, and pharmacies. And these are people who volunteer to help out in a crisis when there is an overwhelming either weather event, natural disaster, stir or or or terrorist attack to think of others, and they are on call. They do this as volunteers. I believe that they do receive some small stipend when they when they are activated. When they are in service of the country, they do have to file expense reports. They are flown generally on military planes to these locations where they're needed, or on on government planes. If they do stay, oftentimes they end up sleeping outdoors, particularly if it's a disaster where all electricity is out, et cetera. Or they were dangers they eat that they're served what's called mrs Military ready to eat meals. Not the tastiest cuisine for certain but these are good people and they all received emails from DOGE asking them to tell those five things they did last week. Now, that is an email that should go to people who purport to be federal employees, full time or part time federal employees, but just crazy to send it to these volunteers. I learned about this a couple of days ago. The government now has rescinded or or paused the requirement for these folks to fill that out. But it's almost insulting. And the point is that I think that in their enthusiasm, the Department of Government Efficiency should be sufficiently efficient efficient themselves to know that it's a waste of their time and a waste of the time of the surgeons, the medical professionals, et cetera, to have to try to figure out even to respond to these emails. They have a list of the doctors that should be good enough. Again, focus on where the money is. Like Willie Sutton the bank robbers said, why do you rob banks? Because that's where the money is. Focus on the programs where there may be potential fraud, waste and abuse. Let's go to Dan and Hampton, New Hampshire. Dan, you were next on nightside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just quickly. I got to tell you during the holidays, Ias Zach saying a bug you had Weason and the chest. I would cough and nothing would come up, and uh, yeah, how.
Speaker 2: Are you doing now? I'm I I believe it over.
Speaker 3: I'm good now, I'm good now. But uh, you know it, it really kind of ruined the holidays for my family.
Speaker 2: They told they told me that it was bronchitis. What was your diagnosis?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they said they said it was something that was going around and it was bronchitis.
Speaker 2: And they thought I might have had pneumonia. I remember I had to go and get a chest X ray, which I'm glad I did, don't get me wrong. But it was tough.
Speaker 4: It was tough, It really was.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get rid of it for about three weeks. It was the cough was incredible, wake up in.
Speaker 3: The middle I know at night. Yeah, yeah, that Weason and the chests and the cough a lot that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Anyways, I'm not going to be able to fill in all the details of how this happened, what was cut and what was not cut. But I do, but I want to talk about the Federal Reconstruction Act of nineteen ninety four. Bill Clinton put this all on Al Gore. He said, go find the fat and tell us tell me where we need to cut. It took Gore a year, but he did just that. It went to Congress, it passed bipartisan overwhelmingly, as it did Senate, and at Clinton finded it in Chula, and it had a lot, It helped a lot. It taken a bite out of the federal budget. So I think that's kind of the way it should be done.
Speaker 2: One of the things they had, they had what was called the BRACK, which I forget what the acronyms DoD it for, but I think it was essentially closing some or or combining some military bases. Uh. And I think that the Defense Department slimmed down a little bit. This would have been in the ninety five ninety six era, and I forget Base Realignment Commission or something like that. I think that's what BRAC stood for b R A c K. But there was a lot of controversy about it because when you you close bases.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't need that many ps ps.
Speaker 3: Air Force Base up here on Port was one of the ones that got closed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was called Base Realignment and Closure BRACK was a processed by the US federal government. Uh, and I'm looking at it here. Over three hundred and fifty installations have been closed in five BRACK rounds. One in eighty eight, one in ninety one, one in ninety three, and one in ninety five. I'm talking about the one in ninety five. There was one in two thousand and five. We haven't had a BRAC in twenty five years, so maybe it's time to have a BRACK.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty one, President Kennedy announced the closure of seventy three military establishment. Secretary Nath Damra closed twenty sixty o D installations, and it goes, you know, it goes on and on. There was a commission under President Reagan which did the same thing. In nineteen eighty three, there was the Carlucci Commission closed Peace. Peace got closed in nineteen eighty eight by the Carlucci Commission. So you know, all of these the closures was significant. In nineteen eighty eight, it looks to me like about fifty bases were closed eighty one. It looks like another fifty. He looks like another fifty, another fifty. Uh so, yeah, they can. We can maintain a military preparedness and we can.
Speaker 6: We can.
Speaker 2: We can save some money.
Speaker 3: Well, of course we can. And once again, I mean, this is the way you do you do things in this country. He has to go through Congress. A matter of fact, terrorists have to go through Congress. The only time a president can call it terriff is that if it's because of the national security of the country is in danger. I don't know. They got to bring Sarah Pale and to teach Trump, you know, exactly a lot of things history and everything else.
Speaker 2: And well, he let me tell you, Look, the jury is out on you know, on his second on his second term. I'm going to be really interested to see what happens with Zelensky in the next couple of days. Zlinsky supposedly wrote a letter of apology.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh and if that gets back on track and we can somehow bring that hostility, uh, if not to a close at least to a cease fire, that's that's pretty good work. So I was not happy to see that tussle in the Oval office. It should have been done.
Speaker 3: Yo, it was terrible, and you know everyone liked a lot of your callers. Uh, we're talking about what a wonderful speech Trump made last night. Excuse me, Wednesday night, Tuesday night. Okay, I'll be all right. Really pretty much was the same speech she paid when he was inaugurated, and the same in some speech why he was running. He doesn't have to keep picking on Joe Biden. A matter of fact, I've never known an American president to blame a predecessor on this now.
Speaker 2: But again, you got to understand Trump, and you got to understand that when there's bad blood, he has no ability. I mean, when he was talking with Selensky in the Oval office, in the heat of that conversation, he defaulted to Joe Biden as the worst president. That hunter Biden and the Biden laptop. That is just the bile that is built up in him, that that he's he can't get rid of it. He can't get rid of it. Dan, I got to get rid of you here because I've gone six minutes and i got full lines and I'm up on a break. A great night coming right back on night side the only line is six one seven. Back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go, get Jason also in New Hampts. She got a lot of calls from New Hampshire tonight. Go ahead, Jason, Hi.
Speaker 7: Dan, thank you. Listen. You're killing me with this. I can't believe we're even talking about this, this little gnat of an issue you brought up. I mean, I love you, I love your show. I listen when I can. I love your style and your usual subjects. But this is a monumental undertaking that they're that they're doing for us.
Speaker 2: Ahead, we're in agreement, so far, go ahead.
Speaker 7: To pick on this particular issue out of everything that they're exposing, all the money that they're already saving. I don't, I don't. I don't see why it's really that big of a problem. These volunteers, God bless them. I mean, if anything, let's give doage credit because now these people have recognition. I mean, what because they get an email and have to answer that. I don't think it's going to bother these people, and you know, if they don't want to answer it, I think dogs would be like, Okay, we didn't get an answer here. Uh, why don't we find out a little bit more about these people? Oh, they're volunteers. Next, I mean, what's the issue. I don't get it, Dan, I mean, I think you're missing the forest through the trees here on this.
Speaker 2: No, well, there's there's a there's a minor issue in a major issue. The minor issue is that the last group of people that you have to worry about are people who are this quality. By the way, we're talking surgeons and primary you know, emergency room doctors. They're high level people who are giving back voluntarily. They're volunteers. Okay, It's like your your volunteer fire department. You live in New Hampshire. I don't know if you do you have a do you have an on call fire department or volunteer fire department or do you have like fire.
Speaker 7: STAF Yeah, volunteer mostly Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it be like if someone was raising questions about, now, what's going on here with this fire department, there's gonna be some sort of you know you it's it's insulting that I know, I don't believe.
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean to say, it's crazy to say it's crazy and they're over their skis. I mean, really, I mean we're talking about a quick email, five question email. I mean, if they don't want to answer it, they don't have to. But I'm sure those will find out.
Speaker 2: Let me, Jason, let me just jump in here for a second. What I'm trying to say is this is the Department of Government efficiency. By the way, they have paused and rescinded. They figured out that there's a problem, that there's a problem. They have paused and rescinded the email, which is a good thing to do. That happened late late this afternoon early tonight. They need to focus on the places where the money really is a lot of the US AID stuff that they're going to be in a fight in court over that. I'm fine with that. Let's let's let's fight over that. See what happens, uh. I don't what I don't want them to do is be battered from pillar to post for sound, for seeming peakyun And maybe you think I'm being picky you in here, but I'm trying to basically save them from getting out over their skis, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 7: And I haven't I get it, but I just I just feel like everybody's missing the big picture. Yeah, I mean, this is unbelieved, This is an awesome thing. I mean, this is a lifetime, once in a lifetime.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, let me, Can I ask you a quick question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: You probably watched the president's speech the other night, and when he talked about this, you know, thirty thousand people who are you know, over the age of one hundred and ten or one hundred and twenty on Social Security pay lists? What did you think of that? You know?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 7: To be honestly, I jumped in maybe fifteen minutes. I think I missed that that might be he was.
Speaker 2: What happened was President Trump was reading off these numbers, saying that they've found one hundred and people over the age of one hundred and ten, over the age of one hundred and twenty. And it was interesting, but it didn't tell me anything. In other words, is he saying that there are people's names who are still listed for Social Security who are now dead, or is he telling me, because he never said this, that there are people over one hundred and twenty years of age based upon Social Security records and they are being sent so security checks every month. He never said that. He implied it, but he never said it.
Speaker 7: I heard you bring this up to another caller, though, I mean, I think the strong I think the strong implication is that they're getting money. Well, right, you're right, But if they're not getting money, if they're not getting money, then it's really you know, like it's just a cleaning up. The books say it's not an.
Speaker 2: Issue one exactly. And all I'm saying is, don't waste time talking about that. Finish the play. Don't tell me, you know, as you're skating through centerrice, how you're going to score a goal. Finish the goal, you know, Finish the play, put the puck in the net. Finish the play. Because if we find out that this was some sort of a coding error and all of that bluster doesn't save any money, it's gonna undercut. It's gonna undercut them.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: You've used used the phrase under promise and over deliver. Don't you love it when you go to a restaurant and you don't expect a great meal and you have a meal that blows you away, and you say, that's the best meal I've had in fifteen years, and all I paid for it was I would have paid ten to five times as much for the meal. It was a fabulous meal. That's or go to the restaurant where they charge you one hundred dollars and you'll walk it out and you say, I could have gone to McDonald's have been just as happy.
Speaker 7: But haven't they delivered already, Dan, in such a short time. I mean, what we we're already in the billions. We know that, right, hasn't it been confirmed?
Speaker 2: I don't know that, honest to God, don't know that, to be really honest with you.
Speaker 7: I mean, I know, I know they had to adjust it, and I know there was a clerical era they were they were talking like five hundred billion. There was a clerical err but I know that they have at least no, I'm pretty I'm almost certain of this were at least over two billion and savings. I mean, right there, Dan, that I've never heard of it in my lifetime. That's amazing. Why aren't we talking about that? And what was behind all that money?
Speaker 9: Who was behind it?
Speaker 7: I mean, I just don't see the point in taking time on this, on this little issue when we have at least two billion and I'm almost one hundred percent on that to talk about about like serious corruption, waste, fraud, whatever might be behind it.
Speaker 2: Two billion sounds like a lot of money, Okay, but in terms of the federal budget, you know, the federal budget which is over getting close to seven trillion. Do the math. Okay. I want them to find every last penny. Okay, I'm telling you, I want them to find every last penny.
Speaker 7: But before Dan, Yeah, who's ever done it like this before? Nobody, nobody, like we should be talking about that.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's too early. I think it's what I'm trying to say, Jason, is I think it's too early to pull the duck boast out yet and have a parade. That's all I'm trying to say. Okay, and I I've heard about all this stuff about you know, the money that went to Romania or Slovenia, uh, you know for for some sort of a play for one hundred thousand dollars. I want to see it all on paper. I want them as a I want them to do their work, produce a final document that we all can see. Uh that that is it going to be in all the major newspapers, so we can talk about it again, to spend time in this, in this this speech to Congress telling me that there's thirty thousand people who are one hundred and twenty five years of age or over on Social Security. Uh, you know what does that mean, mister president? It's it sounds great. Are you implying or are you telling me? That's all I'm saying is I don't want smoke and mirrors. I want substance. If that's too much to take.
Speaker 7: The thing with Donald Trump, though, is listen, do you you know it's it's like if you know you want to make an omelet you gotta break a few eggs. It's gonna you you want something done, It's gonna be a little messy, you know. But I'd rather get something done for once. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know I'm with you, Jason, Jason, I'm with you. All I'm saying, let's do it. Let's not talk about it, Let's not make a speech about it. Let's not spend time asking volunteer surgeons to fill out an email and tell them five things they did last week for the government, because they don't work for the government. They're volunteers who show up when When when the World Trade Center buildings are knocked down? The focus on the right place you are, the Department of Governmental Efficiency. At least be efficient. That's all I'm saying. I'm in trouble with my with my listeners. I know that, but guess what.
Speaker 7: Damn this is your straining and NAT on this one, buddy, I think.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, all right, thank you very for your call. All right, I went a long time with Jason. He will be the longest call of the night. We'll be back. I got one line six one seven nine six one seven two five four ten thirty. Feel free bringing on coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going back to the phone calls. I want to hear your opinions. I'm not looking to debate you on this one. I've made my point very clearly. I want to give you an opportunity to make your point. Margie and the catskills. Margie next on Nightside, how are you?
Speaker 10: Yes, I missed earlier part of your conversations night But can you tell me have you had a lot of reports from federal employees?
Speaker 4: I have had.
Speaker 2: I have been shown the materials, the information that was sent to These are not federal employees. These are volunteers. These are surgeons, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc. Who basically are volunteers, like a volunteer fire department.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm going to change your conversation a little bit because I've worked for thirty eight years with the federal government besides volunteering. But like you, I am very fortunate in that our ambulance are fire departments are all volunteers. So you are a thousand percent right about volunteers. And my topic would really be my thirty eight years with the federal government and what is happened under this administration.
Speaker 2: Where do you want to say, Marjorie, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 10: What I want to say is that, unfortunately, what's happening is that people who have been with the federal government, first of all, aren't out to do it for the money. I work for thirty eight years with public contact working for the federal government.
Speaker 2: No one's suggesting that, Margio, So that's.
Speaker 10: A right, but people people are thinking that it's kind of freeloading if you work for the federal government.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone thinks that, I mean the military. People in the military aren't freeloading. I think what people are concerned about, and when I think this administration is concerned about, are there people who are no longer going into the office buildings. Are there people who are working remotely? Are there people who are in the federal federal payroll who don't exist? I mean, the size of the federal government now is so humongous that the Trump administration says we want to find out what percentage of the government and and then they're into other issues of you know, there were there were government buildings that are now unused. They're they're unoccupied. Maybe it's time to sell some of those buildings. He wants to put. President Trump wants to send the Education Department back to the States. The Department of Education was signed by an executive order by Jimmy Carter. And maybe it would be better. I mean, there's there's a lot of things no one is calling into question. I have friends of mine who work in the c I A. I know people who work in the CIA. I know people work in the FBI. They they they're great people. They're they're just like Americans like you and me. But if there's anybody who's now working and is not working. It's time. It's time to get rid of them. We have a deficit of thirty seven trillion dollars. Who's going to pay for that.
Speaker 10: I just want to suggest to you that the current administration is going to do everything it can to hurt the American public. And I'll just give you one tiny fraction of the federal government. You may find every national park in the country closed. All it takes is an act of Congress. And the current president does not give one care about the public enjoying their national parks. He's going to open them up to drilling, fracting, fractioning, everything he could think of, and even in the end result, I believe he wants to privatize the national parks.
Speaker 2: Yeah that'll be good. Yeah, that'd be great. We'll see what happens to me favor when that happens, Margie, I want you to call me that, and I want you to take a victory lap, because.
Speaker 10: I do not think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much of a great night. Let's go next to Gary is in Ruber and Gary, you are next one. Nice.
Speaker 7: I go right ahead, because on the first I heard of the batman of governmental efficiency. All I knew of it was Doge, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you? You on a weird phone at this point or what?
Speaker 7: I don't know, how's the volume coming in?
Speaker 2: You know, I really, are you on your regular phone? I mean, I'm really I can hear you. But whenever somebody asked me can you hear me? I got a pro I got I got a little concern. I mean, if if you're on a regular phone, I can hear you.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, Okay, Uh, obviously what's going on with Elon Muskin so forth. I'm all for it. But after what you're talking about and so forth, it makes a lot of sense. As usual. One thing fools the thought I am not going to argue with you. As you know, I hate everybody who argues with Dan Ray. I'll fight to the death for you on one thing is this. I'm sure you're going to agree with me, but this is not gonna happen. Wouldn't it be just great if all of a sudden, every Republican got behind the president and they put it before Congress to put a bill that every person that is a politician in Washington, we're gonna cut your salary down ten percent and they all agree to it, and it would have fifty to fifty across the Democrats, where totally gets it would not be unbelievable to save money.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't save a lot of money, but it certainly symbolically it would be. It might be something that the American public would support. Yeah, I think that's possible. I think term limits actually is probably something that is more realistic there. I think also we should have the Nancy Pelosi bill that as long as you're in Congress you can't get involved in stock trading because there's there's the potential of inside information. So there's a lot of reforms that but but Congress, unfortunately, Gary is you know, I think as well as I do that they are never going to vote those reforms because they'll never vote against their own self interest.
Speaker 7: Right, And one last thing before I go with the Democrats looking like goats all the time? What fair factor I have? And I don't want bad things to happen to people, and I'm not going to say good people, but he almost share though violence that's not happening. It's a democratic men and women who are politicians in their own personal lives, and I don't mean murder. I'm talking about violence because.
Speaker 2: I don't want to even go there with that conversation. There's a lot of wackos out there who you plant a thought in someone's mind. No, violence is the last thing we need against any public officials in America. There's been way too much violence in this country, both in terms of school shootings and in terms of just random acts of violence that occur in the streets of every American city. We are a society where there's a lot of violence because we have freedoms, but we have to police ourselves. And one of the ways we police ourselves is not even implying that because all you need to do is plant that thought in the mind of one whack a doodle. And they're all wack of doodles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry about that. They act on No they cand I point out one thing before I.
Speaker 2: Go sure, yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, by the way, you're right. I'm sorry, but I got carried away. But you put me in my place correctly. Hey, I just watched it off all your listeners out there. I'm coming up on sixty two years of age in May, and I call up my Social Security and they told me I'm going to get whatever amount of money. I don't know if you know this, but they have bumped it up to social Security. I'm making nineteen thousand dollars up to twenty five thousand dollars. While you clutch social Security at sixty two, well.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you at sixty two that's pretty interesting. Talk to your financial advisor, and if you wait a little longer, the amount that you get will be more. I'm sure you've worked your entire life, You've paid into the system you deserve to get the money you get that you deserve now to get a little bit of money out of the system.
Speaker 7: But I'm taking a sixty so I'm not gonna look forever. I got bad health. Five hundred more dollars at sixty seven. That's what everybody gets. Another five hundred and sixty seven. Okay, all right, goes hundred.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, Carl, Thank you, talk talk soon. Okay, appreciate it. Good night, Let's keep rolling. You're going to go to Pelvis. Pelvis, that's his first name. Go right ahead, Pelvis.
Speaker 4: Hey, how's it.
Speaker 9: Going, so, Majie. In the thirty eight years of the federal government and all that fracting fractions, and Trump's not doing anything for the American people. He's getting rid of a lot of problems right now back over the border that behind the scenes are very nefarious, and when they open that can, it's going to be even worse. The churches are helping a lot of these illegals that have been in this country for a long time right now, and some of them are sleeper sell church going people who work their jobs at McDonald's and everywhere you everyone you know, goes and gets things people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pelvis, let me just disagree with you on that a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think you're right in the sense that there are a lot of churches who had in the last four years benefited by being supportive of the Biden administration's open border policy. Okay, But I would think that most of the people who who have been brought into the country, you know, either with the help or through the church groups, I don't think that that they're they're the sleeper cells we got to worry about. I'm more concerned about the gout of ways the people who came over the border and had the ability and the and the agility to.
Speaker 9: Tell let me just I'm just gonna quickly rebut because I have a friend that works in US customs, he's a tight friend of mine, and I'm not I'm not going to say, like what Maggie said, with their experience, but listen, they they send these people over here.
Speaker 7: The cartel not only has a strong arm on their family back from their home country, they also have a strong arm on the government of that country. So the people that are here are absolutely helping the drug trade flourish in this country from their jobs that they get. They are legitimate jobs that they get. They then introduce in the churches. The churches have a lot of pull on housing around these every single city they have, they have a ton of housing, a ton of apartment buildings. They're putting them in there.
Speaker 9: It's an umbrella.
Speaker 7: It's just an umbrella.
Speaker 2: That's all Pelvis. Pelvis. Again, I've allowed you to say what you want to say. I just haven't seen any support for that. I have seen that the churches have welcomed, particularly down on the southern border.
Speaker 9: I employ a lot of them. That's why I'm saying that a lot of the egal Ones. But these people all know because they live in I understand.
Speaker 2: I wish you'd let me finish my comment, and that is that I think you're right to the point that the churches have benefited because the more people that they have either helped and lodged and fed and clothed down on the border or helped move up to more northern destinations, they get some money for that. Okay, But I don't think that the churches. I hope the churches are not either knowingly or unwittingly allowing people to come into the country who could be actually physically dangerous.
Speaker 9: A large portion of the churches were also touching kids, So all right, connect Well, that's a whole different story.
Speaker 2: Actually, thanks Pelvis. Uh, that's you know again. I try. I try to deal in this program on facts, uh, and in truth, because I think that's important. Opinions are important too, and people can have any opinion they want. People can think that the moon is made of green cheese. I probably can't convince anyone that the moon is not made of green cheese. I can cite them to scientific examples, I can cite them to interviews that were done with astronauts who landed on the Moon and actually walked on the surface of the Moon. But if they think the moon's made of green cheese, they're not open too much convincing. Okay, six one, seven two four thirty one line there, six seven, nine thirty coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Way live from the Window World to night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We have full lines at eleven fifty one. So I could give one person eight minutes, or I could give everybody maybe a minute and a half. I think I'm going to try to be kind to everyone, So I'm going whoever I talked to first, Let's try to be as succinct as weekend. Okay, again, if you call in at eleven five, I can give you a lot of time. Dawn and Indiana down next on Nisaga, right.
Speaker 9: Ahead, Hello, Dan.
Speaker 6: I guess I would say that your example with the volunteers demonstrates the fundamental problem that DOSE has. They simply don't know what they're doing. They may have their eye on the costs, but they're not in a position to evaluate whatever the value is for those costs. The examples that you gave earlier with the base closures were done with consideration of people in Congress over a period of time, and the best choices were made based upon a lot of information, and I think dose is rushing through in a way that really guarantees that they'll be bad choices made.
Speaker 2: Well today, that's crazy enough. There was one point that the President made which I thought was helpful. He told his cabinet members that they were to decide, not Elon Musk, as to who stayed and who went. So I think we saw beginning today the first daylight between Musk and President Trump, and I think that is probably going to be healthy in the long run in my In my opinion, there is waste. We have a thirty seven trillion dollar debt that we have to deal with. So, you know, let's find the waste, but let's find the legitimate waste, and let's let us not bother volunteer surgeons and nurses who are only trying to help fellow Americans in times of crises.
Speaker 6: Well, at any rate, we'll have to see what the results are take.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's the beauty of this. It's like watching the ball game. They'll leave, the succeed or they fail, and let's see what happens. I want to give them a chance, but I also want to call them out. One I think they have their little out over their skis. I got to keep rolling on, Thank you so much, good night, very quickly. Here I got Jennifer in Boston. Next, Jennifer next on nights. I gotta be.
Speaker 4: Quick for me, Jennifer by Dan.
Speaker 8: I just I'm so we're talking about saving money and efficiency and where's their weights and fraud and you know, all this is for the taxpayers. But I think we need to start with Trump and Musk because you know, we haven't seen Trump's taxes so and he has so much business and charitable foundations and like two seventeen.
Speaker 2: The problem is elections have consequences. The time to have seen his taxes would have been before the election. Uh, there's nothing that I know of which is going to be able to compel the disclosure of his taxes at this point. Yeah, but well.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Consequences, jen I hate to do this year. But they got three more. I'm going to try to get in here real quickly.
Speaker 8: Got like ten seconds. I didn't even get to finish Elion too.
Speaker 2: The three Jennifer, there's three people behind you. Why don't I give you there three minutes? Go ahead?
Speaker 8: No, No, it's fine but you know, I believe got a word.
Speaker 2: You've been on a minute twenty believe it or not. Jen, I gotta go. Thank you much. We're gonna go here, George. I'm gonna give you one minute. I got two more behind you. Go ahead, George.
Speaker 4: So looking at the dictionary doge the doge was original doges was the chief chief elected magistrates of the former republics of Venice, Genoa, and Florence. The diplomat who wrote about these dogees was Machiavelli. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 6: Uh and so uh.
Speaker 4: Venice was the home of Marco Polo, and Genoa did manufacturing and textiles and things like that, and Florence was where Machiavelli was strangely was into art, paintings, statues and other things. And they built built.
Speaker 2: But we've done a minute, and I got two more. I want to get in.
Speaker 4: But they are wonderful. Thank you very much for buy Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jamie and Jamie go right ahead.
Speaker 5: There's so much I want to say about I'm just gonna go to this point.
Speaker 7: I already called in because every time I was hearing all this stuff today, all I could think of was Dragnet where he goes to detective goes just the facts, man, because like everybody, everybody, it's coming up with the stuff.
Speaker 2: And just like my call and the I listen to the sports showed, but don't he always says, you got don't call in if you don't have the stat to prove it. All right, people again, Jamie, if you call a little earlier, we'll get you much more time. Okay, thank you much.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I wasn't gonna call it tonight, but I had it just all I got.
Speaker 2: I got you, Thank you, Thank you very much. Don and Belmont, you're gonna wrap the hour for us, Go ahead, Don, Yes, hi Dan.
Speaker 5: I was enjoying the show, and I just was enthusiastic about what's going on in the country as being a seventy three year old man. Just I'm just gonna get right to the point. There's a lot of things that narrowed down to one subject about the Doge.
Speaker 7: How come.
Speaker 5: There we have decided to let Jon Musk continue his Space pro programs with his billion dollar contracts. Why don't we just say we don't need to go to the moon now, we don't you need to go to Mars now we're going to cut that out and save that money.
Speaker 2: Well, because Donald Trump likes some elections have consequences. It's as simple as that. Don If you call earlier, we can have a much longer conversation. But we can. We've run out of time. Thank you much. We are done for the night, and how much I have left here?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 2: All right, we've run out of time. I want to thank all the callers. You know what we do here on Nightside is we give people a chance to talk. That's the idea. And if you want to really talk, which you really want to do, is you want to call early. And when you start calling a quarter or twelve, we run out of time, in which we have run out of time. So I want to save a few moments to thank Rob. Rob has tomorrow night off, so Rob have a good long weekend. I want to thank Marita, I want to thank all the callers, and I want to thank most importantly the listeners. I will be on Facebook very quickly. Just go to Nightside with Dan. Ray can see me on Facebook and we will do our post game, which we do every night. Tomorrow night. We will be joined at nine o'clock by Mark Misselbeck the CPA of Nightside, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's Mike Pell Charlie Rays who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see get tomorrow. Night or Nightside, have a great Friday everyone. Dan Ray says, good night, good morning,