Speaker 1: Hey everyone, Welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast. You're home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward.
Speaker 2: On your way in.
Speaker 1: Visit that subscribe button as well as a thumbs up button and leave a common below. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please leave a five star rating and review. Folks, it's great to be back. Many of you know, I took a vacation. I was actually out in the desert. I visited the Grand Canyon. I was in Utah as well, checking out different caves. I did some off roading on ATVs. So it was great to disconnect and be in nature. And those of you who visited the Grand Canyon, it's just an amazing place, just incredible, and it was one of my bucket lists items.
Speaker 2: So it was great to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: But it's good to be back as well and excited to talk about the latest crypto news. So let's start with Bitcoin. So, folks, the Bitcoin daily chart is not looking too good right now. Bitcoin is trading above seventy six thousand dollars. There is a bearish cross on the mac D that's not good. It looks like bears are gaining momentum and we could see some downward pressure. Now, this did happen recently where Bitcoin had that big dump down to sixty five K before rallying back up to about seventy AK, which you know we're kind of in the midst of that are coming off that rally, So it doesn't mean that the relief rally itself is over. But we have to be very careful here because this could be the extent of the relief rally. Even though Bitcoin did not officially touch the overbought zone on the RSI, it did go nearer to about a sixty six sixty seven, and we know anything seventy and above is overbought, so we have to be careful here. Bitcoin could roll over go test the lows of fifty AK, which it hit back in February, or it could go lower. Some analysts are calling for the low fifties, fifty K, fifty two K, some people are saying forty ks. Right. I'm not saying that's definitely going to happen, but what I am saying you can't rule the possibility here because no one has a crystal ball, and we have to look at all the different scenarios and see which one has the higher probability of playing out. So I think some sort of pullback is definitely in the books here based on the metric of the mac D where the bearish cross, how low we go we shall see. You know, it could simply bounce back up after a few weeks and then we keep rallying. Right, that is a possibility, So we're gonna have to wait and see. One thing I am concerned about, which makes me think that we may go test some lows of around fifty AK or so, is this stock market is in the OVERBOUGHD zone and it's mac D on the daily is about to cross bearish as well. It shows the bulls are losing momentum. So if the stock market is showing weakness, it's rolling over and Big Quin's already starting it right. Big Quinn's kind of the Canary Nicole mine here showing what's to come.
Speaker 2: Right. You look at the S and P.
Speaker 1: Five hundred, even look at the NAS that same situation. So let's see what happens in the coming weeks. But it looks like things are going to cool down here. What I am looking to see if this is the end of the bigcoin rally and it's going to roll over. Could all coins start to rally, you know, it's possible, or maybe bigcoin good again, not really ending the really rally just has a strong pullback. Then it starts bouncing, you know, come late May or whatever it may be. Maybe some bullish news about the Clarityact starts coming out, you know, and then we see the bigcoin continue to rally to maybe eighty k or above. Then you have, let's say, all coins follow. So these are things I'm looking at and thinking about and you should be aware of. So let's continue to monitor the charts, continue to look at the stock market because there is a high correlation here. All right, let's jump into some news because we do have some very big news that we need to talk about. So US Secretary of War Pete Heg Saith says he is a long enthusiast of bitcoin and agrees it is a tool to project power. Let me play a clip here.
Speaker 3: Do you share the opinion that bitcoin is a tool to project power? And are there any department wide initiatives to ensure the US secures a strategic advantage in bitcoin and combats China's digital authoritarianism?
Speaker 4: I guess my short answer would be yes and yes, a long and enthusiast of bitcoin and crypto potential and a lot of the things we're doing enabling it or defeating it is our classified efforts that are ongoing inside our department, which I do provide us a lot of leverage in a lot of different scenarios.
Speaker 1: So big statements, And what we've seen recently is one of the admirals came out and said, you know, he's a believer in bitcoin and crypto and the US needs the lead in it. So we're seeing some very bullish statements about bitcoin and crypto and blockchain technology from very important people who hold significant positions in the US government. So as we talked about, guys, the future is blockchain rails, where the economy, the capital markets, and the government's all running on block chain rails. And we're still very early, So these are big statements. Now tech giant Meta starts paying some creators in stable coin, which stripes support Submeta, which owns Facebook, going all in on stable coins.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: If you know your history, they tried to do the Libra stable coin, which was backed by a bunch of different currencies back in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, and of course that got blocked by Congress right immediately. You know, Facebook was ahead of the curve there, but it was the wrong time. But we now have the Genius Act in place, we have legislation, so now they can go all in. And of course they've got a huge network of people on their platforms with different social platforms like Instagram, Facebook and much more. Some Meta has begun rolling out stable coin payouts to select creators, allowing them to receive earnings in USDC on the Solana or Polygon blockchains, so big win for USDC stable coin, which is issued by Circle. Also it's on the Solana and Polygon blockchains, so I do hold Bold tokens. This is where you want to look at which blockchains are getting adopted and make sure you hold those tokens in your portfolio. The program, supported by payments firm Stripe, lets eligible users link a crypto wallet and generates tax documents from both Meta and Stripe tied to creators earnings and digital asset transactions. The initiative marks Meta is a renewed push into stable coin payments after its earlier Libra later DM project was shut down amid regulatory scrutiny, So let's keep.
Speaker 2: An eye on this.
Speaker 1: This is really big and many of you may recall I recently interviewed the head of crypto at PayPal and one of the things we discussed is that YouTube is using PayPal stable coin py us need to pay out creators as well, So this is something to pay attention to. As the creator economy, it's going to start integrating stable coins, and I believe eventually those stable coins are going to be rolled out to people on the platform to be able to move easily and much more so every big adoption news here. Guys, these companies have huge networks of customers and users and they can easily get just mass adoption of their stable coins and what they're trying to do with crypto. But this is a great example of again, the future is capital markets, payments, governments, economies running on blockchain rails. And speaking of stable coins, Visa expands its stable coin settlement pilot to nine blockchains, adding Base, Polygon Circles, Arc, Canton Network, and Tempo. So the credit card company's MasterCard, Visa all in a race to try to get as much adoption of their stable coin platforms and much more. Here's another example of Germany's all Unity expands eu are Au to Solana as euro stable coins gain traction. So this is happening across the globe. So all Unity has expanded its MICA regulated eu are Au stable coin to the Salona blockchain to enable faster, cheaper Euro denominated transfers. The move is aimed at businesses and developers who want to move Euros on chain in seconds for purposes including cross border payments, trading, lending, and treasury management. The move comes amid rapid growth in euro stable coins and political support in Europe as regulators and officials push for more compliant Euro denominated digital assets and tokenized deposits. Guys, do you see what's happening? It's again, this is a global acid class and a global movement with stable coins, blockchain, teching, crypto and again Solana being used here and I hold the sole token to my portfolio and not financial advice. Obviously, do your research, but these are things you want to see. Which blockchains are getting built on, getting the utility, the building and much more and even more. Stable coin news, Anchorage Digital and m zero team up to power next wave of regulated stable coins. So Anchorage Digital, the US is first federally chartered crypto bank, has tapped m zero as its core technology partner. Anchorage's aim is to become the primary engine for institutions looking to mint and manage regulated stable coins. M Zero's protocol for global institution to mint fully configurable stable coins is already used by the likes of Stripe, moonpay, and MetaMask. Now I've interviewed the founder and CEO of m zero, I believe was last year, and they're doing some really cool things. And I've of course interviewed the CEO of Anchorage Digital, so I'll try to get both of those folks back on the pod to talk about this. But again, just the infrastructure being set up here for more mass adoption of stable coins and crypto, and obviously you want to pay attention to which blockchains are getting the adoption or if folks.
Speaker 2: Quick word from our sponsor.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by bitco, the trusted infrastructure behind the digital asset economy. If you're serious about crypto, whether you're an investor, institution, or building in this space, you already know security, compliance and execution are everything. And that's exactly what bitgo delivers. With over a decade of experience and fifty five hundred plus institutional clients across one hundred plus countries, bitco provides a full suite of services including qualified custody, trading, staking, financing, and stable coin infrastructure, all in one platform. Let's break it down one to launch crypto services fast. Bitgo's crypto as a service lets banks, FinTechs, and platforms go live in as little as a couple of months without dealing with complex licensing or infrastructure. If you're looking to launch a stable coin, bidgo offers a complete stable coin as a service platform, from reserves and smart contracts to compliance, built to align with the new US regulatory framework. That is the genius at want to earn rewards on your crypto. Bitgo runs one of the largest institutional staking platforms with tens of billions staked across fifty plus network all while your assets stays securely in qualified custody. Need deep liquidity and execution. Their trading platform aggregates liquidity across thirty plus venues, giving you better pricing and the ability to trade directly from custody. No pre funding required for approved clients and if you need capital, Bitgo offers crypto backed financing, so you can unlock liquidity without selling your assets. So here's the bottom line. Bitco is one of the first federally chartered digital asset infrastructure companies, offering regulated, insured custody and a platform built for institutions but accessible to for thinking players across the space. So whether you're scaling a fintech, managing a fund, or building the future of finance, bitco gives you all the tools that you need to do this securely, compliantly, and at scale. So learn more at bitgo dot com and see why the biggest players in crypto trust Bitgo, Okay moving ahead. Tether backed Ubit rolls out virtual visa cars, AI agent USDT spending. So AI agents are of course going to use stable coins and crypto assets and digital assets. They're not gonna use cash obviously, and even the traditional credit card rails or payment rails they're gonna use digital currencies. So uh, it's incredible the technology in the infrastructure that's being built.
Speaker 2: So crypto wallet's startup.
Speaker 1: Ubit, has launched a visa supported virtual card for AI agents to make online purchases and USDT on behalf of businesses without human intervention. The agent cards are funded directly from from stable coin issuer Tether's treasury, meaning no fiat on ramp or conversions are needed for AI agents to top up USDT balances and make online purchases, ubit said on Thursday. The tetherback startup said the EI agents could use the cards to do anything from renewing a software as a service subscription, to topping up and advertising budget or even spinning up cloud infrastructure at three am because a workflow told it too incredible. What is being built. It just blows my mind and I can't wait to see by twenty thirty what this all looks like when it starts to mature, right, because right now we are in the trial and error phase from any of these things. Then there will be a rollout of the version one, and then of course there's going to be bugs in it, right, They're gonna have to weed out all the bugs and the kinks and then fine tune it.
Speaker 2: And then I'm curious.
Speaker 1: To you would version two and three looks like. But I hope you guys see where the puck is heading.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This is not a fad. They're building the infrastructure for the AI agent economy, and it's going to use stable coins in blockchain tech. Now, PayPal restructures into three core units with crypto and payments now a standalone division. I mean PayPal legacy payments company been around for a long time. Now has a division. They're dedicated to crypto. Right, so they got their own stable coins. Their platforms, both PayPal and Venmo offer crypto trading and wallet services and much more so. Incredible stuff. Okay, moving ahead, coinbases Acid Manager to offer a stable coin credit fund with tokenized share class. This is an interesting one. Coin based Asset Management is introducing a credit fund tied to stable coin markets with a tokenized share class. The fund, dubbed Cushy. Cushy will use Superstate's fund os platform to issue on chain shares on Ethereum, Solana and Base blockchains. Again, pay attention to the blockchains you're getting adoption. The move reflects growing demand for yield products built on blockchain rails. Coin Based Asset Management president said, man, the innovation that's happening is so amazing. And guys, you know, notice a lot of this news is related to stable coins, and that's because there's a law in place, the Genius Act, right, so you're seeing a lot of innovation and building. Guess what will happen when the Clarity Act passes, right? And maybe that's twhy these banks are trying to hold it up, because there's going to be tons of innovation, new startups and a lot more creative crypto products that will offer financing and much much more. So I think, again, why are the banks fighting this, fighting stable point yield, trying to hold up the bill because they got to catch up. But I mean, just look at what's being built guys, and again it's all going to run on blockchain rails.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Bullish, which is an institutional digital asset exchange, and you know you've probably seen their CEO and CNBC has expanded their partnership with Ripple Prime giving institutional clients direct access to Bullish's bitcoin options market with r l U s D.
Speaker 2: So big partnership here.
Speaker 1: Ripple doing an amazing job as a company being able to you know, set up the different services. Even if it's not directly using XRP or r l U s D, they're offering other crypto services. So it's smart, right, You're bringing more people into your network obviously, then you can continue to pitch them xrpd xrp ledger your stable coin as well. Now, Polymarket taps Chainalysis to bring Wall Street level oversight to crypto prediction markets. By partnering with Chainalysis to monitor its blockchain data in real time, Polymarket is signaling to both users and regulators that it is serious about eliminating insider trading and market manipulation.
Speaker 2: This is very good.
Speaker 1: I've interviewed the CEO of Chainalysis and they're doing a great job monitoring blockchain data. They work with a lot of different firms to stop bad actors, a weed out fraud and all these different things. So it's great that polymarket is leveraging services like this because, look, there's a lot of shady stuff happening. I'm not saying polymarket is doing anything bad, but bad actors, people in the government and much more are taking advantage of insider information that they know. I think we've all seen the headlines and all the things that are going on, and we need that stuff to stop because it's going to make crypto look bad if those things are dominating the headlines. This is the great things that are being built, you know, public perception is going to be really bad and people are going to think this is all a scam because many of them are just they haven't been fully educated about what's happening. They just see the headlines, They just see certain things on social media. Many don't take the next step to go research right to understand how this all works. And that we are so early we don't even have legislation pass yet. And yes, bad actors take advantage of every technology. They did with the Internet, they'll do it with any future technology AI agents. Wait till the scammers get a whole AI agents and they start doing things with it. Right, bad actors and people out there are going to take advantage. So we need to have the guard wills in place, the legislation to stop all of these things. And actually, here's some good news. US senators won't be weighing in on prediction market bets after banning themselves. So the Senate agreed unanimously to revise its rules to ban members and their staffs from wagers or prediction markets. Platform is very good. We've all seen the Nancy Pelosi, you know, she's the poster child for the inside of tradement trading from government officials. Obviously both sides of the aisle do it right, Democrats and Republicans. We've seen many reports, even going back to the COVID days and all these things. We've seen both sides. So we can't have this. We really cannot have this, and it really sucks. And look, there are people waiting in the stands, like Elizabeth Warren to try to go after the crypto industry because we know she's a puppet for the tradifying companies many of the banks who want to slow crypto down, not kill it, but they want to stop it so they can control it. But Senator Warren questions Commerce Secretary Lutnik on Tether loan to family. Senators Elizabeth Warrener and want Ron Whiten sent letters to Howard Lutnik and Tell CEO Paolo Arduino asking about a loan Tether reportedly made to Lutnix family. Now we know Howard Lutnix's company, Canter Fitzgerald did a big audit of Tether. You know how Lutnik at Davos a couple of years back said they have the money, they have the reserves and much more and t other I believe actually Kentter Vigil isn't heavily invested in tether. So again you have these people here waiting just to attack crypto. If Elizabeth Warren was doing this in good faith, I wouldn't necessarily say anything. You know, she's like maybe trying to start stop bad actors. That'll be fine, But we know she's going back to the Gary against her days. She's really trying to help the banks by slowing this technology down, and she'll use whatever AMMO is out there. So whether it's like Trump's were Liberty Financial recently getting caught up with some companies that were sanctioned, and much more, President Trump's a mean coin, which again I've said many times he shouldn't have that that. That's no president, no elected officials should.
Speaker 2: Have something like that.
Speaker 1: So this is where we need to as an industry really start cleaning up some of these things. And look, we'll get there, We'll get the legislation pass and then a lot of these things can be enforced. But we know these things do take time, so we're gonna have to be patient and not get too frustrated because at times they can be very frustrating. Anyway, guys, that's the news let me know what to think. Leave your thoughts and comments below hit the thumbs up button subscribe if you haven't as yet, be sure to support the podcast by subscribing to my free email newsletter. It is one hundred percent free. Link will be in the description. Check out my book on Amazon. It's available in paperback and digital, and be sure to check out my course at Mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that teaches you everything you need to know about crypto. Right now, we have a huge sale going on a bear market discount that you can get a fifty percent off the price of the course by using the code bear b e A r at checkout. So, guys, this course is packed with tons of value. It features expert commentary and much much more. So go to Mycrypto Course dot com to learn more. Again, use the code bear b e A r at check out to get fifty percent off. Folks, thank you so much for tuning in. I appreciate you all and I'll talk to you all later.