Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, basketball fans, San Antonio Spurs fans, Welcome to another edition of a special edition You Got Damn Right of the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast with your Boy, a fan of.
Speaker 2: The Black and Silver of forty years, a former entertainer in the world of entertainment of twenty as a stand up comedian and actor, bringing his flair on the Black and Silver.
Speaker 3: Here he is.
Speaker 4: Jay is a little pep in your step today, Spurs fans, little pepin of.
Speaker 3: Always Scott mister boviphone as well today us San Antonio Spurs fans. Yes, yes, yes, now. We recorded this yesterday and we let you guys simmered down just a little bit before we brought you another podcast about what's happening here in San Antonio after finding out this, and now we have our final four buckle up. It is the Hornets, the Sixers, the Spurs, and the Mavericks seven.
Speaker 5: The fourth pick in the NBA draft goes to the Charlotte Hornets, picking third will be the Philadelphia seventy six Ers. The second pick will be made by the San Antonio Spurs, and that means that the number one pick in the twenty twenty five NBA Draftcast heres.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter who the number one pick in the NBA Draft is, because the San Antonio Spurs made it all the way up to number two. We'll talk a little bit in this episode about just that. What would they do with the draft pick? What are they thinking about doing? We have no insider information on this show. We like to speculate, have a little bit of fun. Like a lot of you guys on Twitter, we are going to take to Twitter today as well. We love our Spurs community on Twitter. We really do. You guys have come up with some interesting trade scenarios and more. I just know the night of finding out we got number two, the first thing I thought was it's probably going to be traded by Dallas anyway, the number one pick. Would Dallas trade San Antonio's number two and number fourteen pick for Cooper Flag We are in the driver's seats, burst hands, and this is irking every NBA fan across the league right now. So coming up in this episode, we'll talk a little bit about that. We're gonna talk about the possibilities of Yanis Akapatunbo now coming here. If you caught the podcast on Monday, we said, if San Antonio gets a top three pick, this is a big possibility for the Spurs. Who do you trade for? Do we give away seven draft picks plus a player and bring in somebody like Giannis will yanas fit the Spurs. We'll go over that a little bit and are we ready to win now? I believe we're already in the driver's seat to make the playoffs regardless of who we keep or not keep on this team. I'll tell you what I'm gonna play. Devil's Advocate coming up. But let's give another shout out to our fans. I saw this audio brought to you apart by Ken's Channel five News. This is just absolutely awesome. Check this out. Some of you guys showed up at a local bar because there's a great promotion that goes on every year during the draft. It's the San Antonio Spurs get the number one pick. Whoever is in the house at that bar at that time runs up a tab. The bar actually would pick up your tab. Do you think they were sweating a little bit last night? We got Wenby two years ago and they're like, oh my goodness, we're gonna have to pay another bar tab. Check this out, Spurs fans sex, but they will pick second.
Speaker 6: In addition to having the fourteenth overall selection. Lottery night means we check back in with the best promotion and from professional basketball. It's right here in San Antonio. The roopub of two to eighty one. They did this in twenty twenty three free tabs. If the Spurs pick number one, owner Chip Ingram told me he lost money in twenty twenty three. He didn't care. He doesn't lose cash today. But the Spurs fans present had a lot to say, including a rogue MAVs fan, about their standing next month. Hopefully this is the last time we're gonna running this promotion, right That means we're back in the playoffs now.
Speaker 3: We said two years ago was the last time we're running it. I really think this is it, but let's hope. So anyways, the.
Speaker 5: Second tick and there it is.
Speaker 7: There's the announcement. The San Antonio's first coming down to the wire will make the number two overall selection in next month's NBA draft. I don't know if it's the greatest day in San Antonio history.
Speaker 6: It is the best day in San Antonio history two years ago.
Speaker 5: Still the best day in.
Speaker 6: San Antonio history.
Speaker 7: I thought, say, we're gonna get a take two, but number two pick can't go ram with it.
Speaker 8: To be honest, all I wanted coming into the draft lottery. Then we get top board, but knowing that we were so close.
Speaker 3: To one, it kind of hurts a little bit.
Speaker 8: But we either get best player available or we trade for you bring Giannis Antonio.
Speaker 3: So I want to trade the pick. We want to keep the pick.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: I think we keep the pick, keep the two pick, keep billed it on the young core go from there. I think it's good regardless of where they go.
Speaker 6: If they want to say young like okay.
Speaker 3: Zee more traded to get a bigger name, it's better at bea I think You's guy said, hey, they took Luca Fermis. They have to get another warm few.
Speaker 6: Are you a man's got Yeah, yeah, this is this is an exciting guy for you, that the Luca Fermo.
Speaker 3: And they said from the LA I'm gonna keep it TV firm.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sir, we don't like LA.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's go Mams maybe and the Spurs are picking second. Yeah, I'm happy we got top four. I just wish you wouldn't have been Dallas. Do you see the lottery, Yes, I saw it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It was disappointing.
Speaker 7: Disappointing, disappointing because we wanted the free drinks, you know what I mean, That's why we came.
Speaker 3: But you know it was a it was a rush.
Speaker 7: Are you even a Spurs fan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Of course, man, yeah, but the free drinks are a little bit upset. You know, anybody hear that there's another robbery in progress. The San Antonio Spurs are pillaging the NBA right now. They're pillaging folks.
Speaker 3: I know you Spurs fans are anxious. I know the last couple of years, you thought Victor Wembanyama would lead us to sixty wins the next year. I thought you thought that this team would have an immaculate core, which they do, and they still have all their picks in the palm of their hand. The NBA is seeding right now. At what to do with the San Antonio Spurs. Well, I'll tell you what to do, right, Put them in the playoffs. Put them in the playoffs. Spurs fans, we knew they'd make the playoffs at the end of this year with what we had. Now the possibilities are endless. Doesn't it feel so good? You feel that electricity it's brewing. You can just feel it going through our fingertips. The only thing that holds you back right is the possibility of injuries. I know I've got to bring it down a notch. I know, a grown You're like Katie, you didn't just go there say you didn't say so. I did say that. We saw what happened with Victor Wembinyama this year could happen to the next pick. Now, the positive behind all this that people aren't talking about before we get into possibilities of who could come here, trades, free agency. I think this team's about to be shook up. I truly believe it one way or another, and I'll show you. I think it works out Roses for the Spurs and a little dedication to the former coach way back in the day, Le Rose. I believe it's gonna come up Roses here in San Antonio no matter how the Spurs play the card. But we talked about the possibility of injury. Correct, Let's talk about the huge silver lining. If the Spurs keep that number two pick. If the Spurs keep that number two pick, you know what's scary. The possibility of back to back to back rookie of the years, never been done in the NBA. And this could fit the Spurs franchise and the legacy even more Spurs fans. Have you even thought about that? Everybody is quickly ready to throw the number two pick out the window for Yannis. Everybody's quickly ready to throw out seven to eight picks. Even the possibility of a Keldon Johnson sohand, this is ludicrous. Right now, I want you to focus in the moment at the number two pick. Now, there's a lot of projections in this draft. There's a lot of things that can happen. Cooper Flag could pull something like an Alex Sar And we saw this on X and we want to give a big shout out to that person as well.
Speaker 1: On X.
Speaker 3: You can follow us at at Comedian Katie. By the way, they had mentioned Alex Sar refused to work out with several teams last year. What if Cooper Flag? That is almost a slip there. I know some of y'all are laughing out there. I'm sorry. I'm sorry LGBTQ community. That was a slip all right, But I wonder how many times. That's gonna happen on the air next year with a lot of these broadcasters. But let's get back to what we're talking about. What if Cooper decides not to work out with the MAVs, Mavericks don't have to take Cooper flag. The Mavericks do have pieces right now. What if the MAVs want to completely blow up the roster. Insider reports right now are saying Kyrie Irving may not be back next year due to that injury, So that leaves Derek Lively, leaves the Unibrow, and just a whole cast of characters on that team. Would they do a complete rebuild with that GM? You have no idea what he's gonna do. But maybe he's playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers. He knew something about Luca let go of that contract. But it is kind of crazy that they got the number one pick at one percent chance, I believe, and I'm not knocking it. And that's what the draft lottery is about. It's whichever the way the ping pong ball bounces. But could you imagine if they kept Luca? Pretty interesting how the ball bounces in the NBA. If you call the NBA rigged. You're probably right, But let's talk about that for a moment before we get into what we think is going to happen with the number two pick, what the Spurs can do on several different accounts. But let's talk a little bit about the NBA possibly being rigged, especially the NBA draft lottery. Two years ago, a young man from France started putting pictures all over the internet that he was in a Tony Parker jersey and he wanted to be a Spur for life. The Spurs got the opportunity at the number one, got it and took Victor automatically rigged. Last year, the Spurs could have taken so many players. Nobody heard of this Stefan Castle until the finals for Yukon in the final four. Didn't realize how good this kid would become. Spurs get him at four, he becomes Rookie of the year.
Speaker 2: It's rigged.
Speaker 3: Fast forward to this year. Rewind to Monday night. The ping pong balls bounce and the San Antonio Spurs get that fourteenth pick, which we knew we'd get.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, Oh my goodness, we're in the top ten. You can hear the rumblings, Oh, if the Spurs get number one, I swear to God. I swear to God if the Spurs get number one in this I'm not gonna watch the game no more. Then all of a sudden it's the top four, and you're like, oh, my goodness, the Spurs are gonna get a number one pick. I knew it, Cooper Flag and Victor wind Biniama, this is ridiculous with Castle, this is this is Spurs are rigged. Everybody wants the Spurs to win, and then all of a sudden, that ping pong ball pushes Dallas into the top ten, top four, top two. Nobody is saying at that moment, oh, it's rigged, until announcers started saying, oh, Luca leaves and now the next great white hope is coming in.
Speaker 2: But there is no.
Speaker 3: Guarantee, ladies and gentlemen, then any of this will happen. I also want you to know that sports analysis and people on ESPN, even NBA players that have been in the league number of years. Hall of Famers goes back to our episode on Monday, we said don't know shit, they don't. This is why we speculate on podcasts as Spurs fans. We're speculating. We're speculating telling you who we'd like to see and what we'd like to see done in the Spurs organization. The NBA family don't know ish. I was watching ESPN with Scott Van Pelt and his sidekick. Oh, the Wizards are definitely the Wizards are definitely gonna get Cooper Flagg. I mean, there's no doubt Wizards get shut up. Is the reason why you're a sidekick first and foremost. I'll take my one hundred listeners week here on this podcast as opposed to being a jackass for Scott Van Pelt. All right, speaking of jackasses, let's go ahead and take a look a little bit about what you guys are saying on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Or X.
Speaker 3: We have some fun with you guys on these reports. On X we love y'all going to the Spurs community right now, and there is a lot of talk about yannisaka Patumbo. A lot of you guys are wondering if we are going to land Yannis. We're seeing a lot of trade packages and it's very interesting to see right now with you Spurs fans, Let's take a look at some of you guys across the league here saw really good possible trade scenario. San Antonio's number two win number fourteen. Also a couple future picks in Keldon Johnson for Yannis, Sokka Patumbo not too sure about the Yanis thing for kJ. I think we need to pay attention to our bench as well. kJ is a spark plug right now off that bench. Could Devin Vassell become that guy? It's a devastating starting five. If we go with Fox, Wemby, Castle, Yannis, who would be the fifth guy there? Who would be the Would it be Devon? Would it be Devin Vsell? That's something to think about. But a lot of people are projecting that the Houston Rockets and the San Antonio Spurs are going to be the front runners for Yanna's. Where does that leave you, Houston fans? Houston fans right now are like, man, we were the number two seed. You weren't ready to be the number two seed. Let's be perfectly honest with you, because the San Antonio Spurs had your number a little bit even when Wemby wasn't on the floor. You guys ran into a good hot streak, got into that number two position. We didn't protict you guys out of the first round, and not just because we're Texas Spurs homers or Houston haters, but we didn't even protict you guys to get out of the first round, and we were right. You have a lot of pieces for the future, like the Spurs do. I think you fell upon a lucky star and a lucky streak from a lot of those players to get in. That's what the NBA is about, a lot of luck. As we saw Monday night with all of the ping pong balls, you're starting to see rumors float around. Can the Spurs trade back for Derek White in Boston? Possibly Chris Boss Persinga's KP may come to San Antonio be a nice backup. Maybe put him into the starting lineup with a Janis Wemby Fox Strong five. But what about the bench, our bench? Would Julian Champenny move to the bench? I would definitely say so. Jeremy Sohan would he start in that Wemby so Hand Fox Castle lineup. That's a devastating lineup. But if you trade somebody like a kJ, Jeremy's gonna have to become your sixth man of the year. I know what you're thinking. What about Chris Paul. Now, well, if the Spurs land Giannis, you may see us re sign Chris Paul. A lot of you guys are out there saying, take the number two pick and go after Dylan Harper. We I don't want to waste it on another point guard. And a lot of people are saying, well, we don't have a lot of guards. You have Castle, you have Fox. Fox can play the one Castle can play. The one difference between Fox and CP three is passing ability, but three point shooting ability. I just think the Spurs have too many guards right now. And if we decide to keep a Blake Wesley, he's good at a third guy coming off the bench to relieve some minutes for Fox and for Castle, and he played pretty well toward the end of the year, and he's not gonna cost us a lot of money. A lot of people are calling the Spurs next year's thunder Guys, this has been happening for a few years. Knock the crap off. We know what's happening. We know that we pretty much got the same team. If OKC decides to trade for Giannis, they're probably gonna get rid of chet Holmgren. Those are the threems teams to watch. We talked about on Monday, OK, say Houston, San Antonio, but the Spurs have got to be ultra aggressive if this is gonna happen. Also, we forgot about Harrison Barnes. Harrison Barnes canna be thrown in his trade bait. One more year left on his contract. Let's take a look at what some of you guys are saying here. Uh, you guys are a lot of San Antonio news. Not a lot of people really talking right here. San Antonio Spurs will trade their second pick for Yanna soaka Patumbo in the offseason, according to Reese, which is our ten elliott I don't know, Reese. I'll be perfectly honest with you. What if we keep the number two pick? I like Ace Bailey, Guys. I like Ace Bailey. I think he's going to be a star in the league. Six', ten he's got linked he's got cutting, ability he's got post up. Moves he could drive off the. Dribble he also has a really nice jump. Shot six' ten Youth. With wemby that's a lot of length on. The floor that's a lot of length on. The Floor the spurs are definitely in this. Driver's seat, YOU guys i thought would be talking or chirping a little bit more HERE. On X what's chris. Fnldy say spurs fans who Don't want giannis are like homeowners who sacrifice and saved for years and when they when an affordable mansion, becomes available they are happy with their current house first and four and Woll Is, chris rinaldi let me tell. You something i'll take my house instead of a mansion because it's gonna be. More Upkeep that's yannis is gonna be. More upkeep are we looking at the fact that he only has two more years left on his contract and he Could Leave. San antonio we talked About. THAT monday i think you're. Overlooking that that, is scary kind of like the Deer and. Fox SITUATION but i just read something else from one of you Guys on twitter as well TODAY. On x one of the big Things that giannis wants is no state tax or a lower. State, tax hey come. On down that's two Teams Left San antonio houston in.
Speaker 6: The mix.
Speaker 3: What If the spurs decide to trade the number two the number fourteen and Maybe a keldon Or A devin Vessel for. Cooper flag What if dallas Doesn't draft? Cooper flag what if They Like. ACE bailey i can't see Them grabbing ace because they Have A. DEREK lively a lot of people are saying All that Duke Connection, Kyrie cooper kyrie is injured and what scares me About the? Dallas situation cooper going there reminds me a little Bit Of reed Shepherd. In houston he got lost in. THE shuffle i Think if cooper Came To, san antonio it'd be Like A steph. Castle situation he would, not start but he would get his minutes and then he becomes. Something special Could the spurs Still land? Cooper flag i'm getting from one of the readers here On are At comedian Katie. On x absolutely. Absolutely see dallas has got to decide where they're. Going too this is an interesting, off season? Isn't it because right Now the spurs are in that driver's seat and what they can end. Up, doing guys there's a lot of free agents out there we. CAN sign i was Looking at we talked About, Nas Reed, steven adams we talked about that in, the PAST but i was also looking at a few Guys from sacramento, right now one of their guards could Come To. San antonio he's a really. Good DEFENDER malik i believe his. NAME is i don't have it in front, of ME so. I apologize i saw This on twitter the other day. As well but there's a couple interesting pieces they were. Looking at they were Looking At tius jones as Well, from phoenix Bringing in. Trey's brother but would you get rid Of one jones for? THE other, i mean sometimes you have to make a, shift financially so. THAT'S interesting i did enjoy the Take On. Derek, White However derek white makes one hundred and eleven. MILLION dollars i don't know If the spurs would give them. That money We've, Got fox We've, got wemby and if we sign a big name like ayanis that you're looking at almost a billion dollars in money. Right there that's crazy over the next what probably five to?
Speaker 1: Eight years.
Speaker 3: What else are you guys? Saying here very Happy With mitch johnson on the way he handled. THE draft i watched a few videos with him, as well and he, looks, READY right, i mean talk about a coach in the driver's seats and he has got his foot on the gas and ready, to REAR and i believe he's going to do a. GREAT job a lot of you guys didn't, like IT and i believe a lot of you guys are going to go ahead and start eating. HUMBLE pie I think mitch is going to be one of those coaches you. Didn't realize we're going to be. That good he Was under popovich for, so long he's been In the. Spurs system, he fits and now he's getting handed the keys to the kingdom literally and the opportunity to run the land with this pick. And more the number fourteen pick will. Push back ACCORDING to espn, dot com they Think the spurs will draft freshmen Out Of Arizona. Carter bryant don't know much, about him but when you have a chance Of An ace bailey at, the top why don't you.
Speaker 6: Do that.
Speaker 3: You could always draft that small guard later on in, the draft or trade for a veteran. Small guard if we need to back up or Re Sign. Chris paul how good of a situation are?
Speaker 2: We in.
Speaker 3: How Good If chris paul is sitting here right Now In san antonio and you saw that we got the number one or number two pick and already know what we have and you help this team win, last year you seeing at an opportunity to make the playoffs and make a, deep run especially when you saw what the team could do Against the Lakes Of. Oklahoma City, houston spurs play hard with what. We Got If, I'm paul i'm telling my agent do what you gotta do to get me resigned for, two YEARS and i think it'd be a good fit For the, spurs financially. Leadership wise throw that into. The, Mix guys ready if they Re Signed Paul Paul, castle wemby what if They landed Ayanas so hand that you're? Starting, five wow that's strong And so hand is starting to fit his role of, that rebounder the don't mess with The so Hand, so hand. The destroyer the strength of that, STARTING five, i mean the don't take no. Nonsense bs we need. That guy he's been working on his jump shot in. THE offseason i don't know if you've seen. THESE videos i am. So excited we're what a month removed from the, regular Season and, I'M like I can't i cannot wait for. Next, season Already take gianis out of the equation And Put as bailey in there.
Speaker 7: With It.
Speaker 3: Chris, paul yeah we still have a, young team, but boy we could make a real big run in the. Playoffs there but with a, veteran leadership. It's endless we Still Have. HARRISON barnes i. Understand that somebody just. TWEETED me i know We Have, harrison barnes but that's, that sharpshooter snake in the. Grass man that's that's like when you have an ace in the hole and you don't need to show it. Bench player this is Why the spurs are in such a good position and it SCARES the nba without giving up a lot. Of picks we could Sign, a yannis we could give Up A, devin basel still Have A harrison bards come off.
Speaker 6: The bench.
Speaker 3: I'll, reiterate wemby So hand yannis, Front, Court castle paul front court. Or, BACKCOURT sorry i know what you think of what about? A shooter We, Need yannis Janis. And wemby their percentages are going to.
Speaker 2: Go Up.
Speaker 3: So hand's working on. US three i think we'll. Be fine from. The outside we're not gonna be like we were.
Speaker 1: This, year.
Speaker 3: God it's so exciting Here AND sandy i could talk for another another. Friggin' hour he'd be perfectly honest with you as. A Fan maybe i'm sounding like, a homer but love to know what you. Guys think you can actually comment on our. YouTube channel make sure you follow us At Say spurs weekly With Kdesa. Spurs weekly we have some great little sketches and videos. OVER there a lot of you guys have. Been fantastic make sure you subscribe to the channel. As well, in comment we will comment back to you and use some of your comments on. The air But the spurs are in great shape and the rest OF the nba is shaking in their boots. Right now there are some good players in the draft. As well who lost in? THE draft i would say it Was the pelicans And, the wizards Even. THE hornets i Believe the. Hornets Lost poor Utah right utah is sitting on. The edge they had a, horrible season thinking they can grab Like a cooper flag and now all of, a sudden It's Just charlotte hornets are looking AT. Possibly vj edgecomb Out a baylor. SMALL guard, i mean how many more guards do you Need?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 3: Charlotte though this is the interesting thing about. THE draft i believe there's gonna be a lot of trades. And MOVES but I Think ace bailey goes To the spurs and we keep, that pick build for, the future keep what, we HAVE and i believe that is fifty. TO fifty i know that's a Cop out, spurs fans fifty to fifty With the yanas situation, Coming up but it's all Up. To yannis let's be, perfectly honest it Is all let's Be. Perfectly, yannis okay let's Be. Perfectly yanis SEE what i, DID there i put the two. Words, together, yeah well let's be. Perfectly, yanness okay it is all up to him to make. That decision but no, matter What The San antonio spurs are getting ready to rob AND pillage nba and they. Hate it they. HATE it, i mean when's the last time we were IN the nba finals? Twenty fourteen shot in. TWENTY seventeen i believe we did as far as like in. The playoffs.
Speaker 7: It's been, a.
Speaker 3: While guys. It's time it's Time The San antonio spurs reclaim, that crown don't, you think especially with what we got, around us the vibe in, the city building a, New stadium. We're ready are? You ready. I'm ready so we're gonna try to keep you up to date with everything that's going on over the next couple. Of weeks we'll let some of Our great spurs podcasters out there hit you with some of, that flavor like our FRIENDS At Tsr Sports baseline bums As well Clan The. Spurs fan we want to give him a big. Shout out you guys did a phenomenal job For the. Draft lottery fantastic big shout out to you guys. As well the ONLY one i don't Like, is okay we won't mention him as a matter, of fact, all right we won't. Mention him but he's got a lot of crazy takes and maybe instead of Taking, to twitter we're gonna take to his video pretty soon here on. The, show guys thanks for sticking along for this, long episode but. We're excited feel that electricity no matter. What happens let that black and silver blood rent through your veins and remember To. Go spurs go like love.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 3: Subscribe guys we love. You all take care