Speaker 1: Ready, Get Ready, July twenty five, twenty twenty four, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar, and we are live on o'keelly dot com Radio and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: But most of you catch the podcast later on, and I'm about five minutes going late to air, So I bet a bunch of you decided you're not even gonna listen because he's not live tonight. But fooled you anyway, Thor's Day, that's what it is, and why not. You know, we talked to regular Joe last night and I finally finally put out my viewpoint on the madness of late. But I wanted to get a regular Joe's thing, and tonight we're gonna get to somebody else's ideas about what's happening, and I'm definitely going unconventional. Look, you could hear from the regular politics political speakers on political show. I'm tripping over my tongue, man. Anyways, you can hear about that everywhere. Go over to X and they're going live every couple of minutes on X Twitter, whatever you want to call it. Alex Jones has an emergency broadcast. There's a coup going on. They're overthrowing the government. The globalists are read I thought the globalists were defeated, aj you know when he went live when Trump won, the globalists have been defeated. The globalists have been defeated. Well, right now he's having emergency broadcast because there's a coup and the assassination attempt, and or maybe it was an attempt. Then again, maybe it was just a school shooter and it just happened that there was no school in session in the Northeast at the time. Oh, I know that pisses some of you off, but anyway, we're on it. And who's with me tonight? Erroneous method? So you want to go unconventional, let's go a little more unconventional. How you doing, man?
Speaker 3: I am ecstatic and bumpastic to be here tonight with you, Miss check.
Speaker 2: Look, this is great. I've actually meant to hook up with you a few more times and we keep missing each other. And I don't know what's going on with Elon Musk's little platform over there, but something's happening. Not sure what it is, but I tried to message you on there, and I don't know you weren't getting messages. I wasn't getting messages. It's weird. Is there something to that or is it just you and me having bad luck?
Speaker 3: No, I believe there's definitely something to that. When I pulled it up twice now with your with your test messages, it would it would it would show me previous messages and then it would show me the new one moments later. Now, last time I looked at one of your messages, it showed me our old messages and then quickly erased them all before my eyes and they were gone. So, yeah, there's weird, weird, weird things happen over there. Yeah, it's strange. This time I got it through the email notification. First went and saw what you had said in email, then went over to X, loaded up the app, and your message was not there at all a few moments later it appeared. But you know, I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: See, and I'm not one of these guys who's paranoid going it's the NSA. They're coming after. I don't you know what. To me, this is Elon Musk. And you know, whatever's going on over there in corporate, you know a platform land where you know something's worth billions of dollars, even though it doesn't physically exist, which cracks me up to no end. I mean, people are spending money every day on stuff that doesn't physically exist. Oh, by the way, you can get some of erroneous methods music. You can get an MP three that you download from somewhere. I miss CDs, man. I know I'm old, but I do miss CDs. I miss records, I miss tapes. I miss all that stuff when you held something in your hand.
Speaker 3: But I actually I'm with you. As you know, I've been a digitally only artist most of my career. In early days, we used to rock the CDs and the casats and even restords out of the back of our cars and stuff. That's how we made our money, right talking on the side. But you know they, you know, that kind of economy, the hustle at a bar, the hustle at a small venue kind of economy got killed during COVID here in upstate New York. So it's very difficult to kind of like live as a small venue artist these days. It really kind of thinks because I used to have a name and kind of a recognizable faith in the industry, and there is no industry anymore around here.
Speaker 2: Right right, and I mean, look, I did it years and years ago, and I was selling tapes and believe me, that was how we made our money because nobody was paying us to play the clubs usually unless we opened for a big act and the tickets were super expensive, you know. And that's the way we got paid as local artists, is you know, can I can I somehow make a deal to create a t shirt sell some of those, and also here's my cassettes. You know that I was recording myself off of a nice mastery. But uh, you know what, what were we gonna do? Right? And we were selling for three four dollars, hoping to get gas money to get back home from wherever the hell it was when we were playing. But anyways, you know, yeah, if people don't recognize you, by the way, if you guys have heard Redneck Cherokee on the show, you guys might have also heard that weird little piece that that mentions me in the song and I play that up and on. I forget the name of the song off the top of my head. I just loaded into the the the auto DJ thing every once in a while, and people have heard these odd pieces of music. God, what is the name of that I gotta go look.
Speaker 3: The name of that track is method.
Speaker 2: Head method Heads, That's it. And you see and I'm sitting here going, I know it's something like similar to his name. It's got one of the name, one of the words in it. But yeah, so that's the one where he says, oh, yeah, I'm talking to my friends. I'm a I forget how you put it, but it's sad that weird song that goes by where he's what what's the first line in that song?
Speaker 3: I think I think I was talking about what. Yeah, I mentioned Kid that one because it was right after that controversy where he like, you had the beer, the Butdweiser beer, and there's there was something going on with seventy day endorsed an you know, you know one of those letter communities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you talked about being some kind of strange activist and then also shooting bud light cans after Kid Rock gets done with them or what. And I was just like, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't remember the exact line off the top of my head. The other thing about my music is I'm very on the fly when I write it, so like sometimes if I'm not playing live for a while, I forget my own lyrics.
Speaker 2: There, you go, Well, look I did that too. You know, some stuff was super memorable because you wind up practicing it eighty thousand times. But today, if you don't practice to do a live gig and you just record something, it's very easy to forget now, you know, unless you're practicing, I mean really, unless you're drilling lyrics into your own head constantly, why would you memorize them anymore? You move on, you create something else, you know. So, and I also include you in what I call short attention span DJ theater, which happens occasionally, and I play pieces of songs and you know, indie artists and corporate artists and some of my favorites, and I take requests and I mix all kinds of things in. You get clips from TV and movies too, uh during that thing, and sound effects and just whatever the hell comes into my mind as it comes to it ends up being played on there. And and you've been added into that as well. So and I'm gonna I'm gonna get method heads and play it while I got you on too. Uh. But before we're done anyway, I want to talk to you a little bit about current events, but I'd rather discuss music, and maybe we could do it this way. The the events of the past month. I'll love if you want to put it in the capsule, or if you're tired of talking about it, you can skip it. Pick your favorite part. I mean, if you want to talk to me about trump Amania, want running wild, or you know exactly how melted is Joe Biden's brain. If you want to talk to me about the alleged assassination attempt. You heard me reference that at the beginning. If you want to go into any of this, go right ahead, but I'll just leave it open for you, but just be warned. I want to go away from it quick and get into is that having an influence on your music? So you got two things there. Tell me what your impressions are of the events so late, and then tell me about if that's affecting your art at all.
Speaker 3: So go ahead, yeah, very quickly, because I don't want to spend a lot of time on it. I feel like the powers that we have learned from the past and these kind of major events and they are chucking information at us very very quickly, and I think it is super important to detach ourselves from what is happening in here and now right now and kind of avoid it a little bit. It's only there to kind of take our our enters away from us. I feel like, so let's take a step back and talk about some other stuff for a while, because, like you said at the beginning, everybody on the planet is actually discussing this right now. But take a break. Let's give people a pause and talk about some other things. So let's go right into the music, because that's where the shift in my music is starting to occur, because I'm stepping away from rap music and I'm starting to lean towards like the blues and country music, which I've always had a flair four within erroneous method, but now it's become more live action.
Speaker 2: See I was always I did all kinds of music myself. I mean everything from hip hop to your basic rot gut type blue stuff. I mean, you know, literally minimalist performances. I mean I even did readings with just a drum, you know, and things like that. I didn't care I did all that, But I mean my favorite thing to do was metal. I mean I love doing the metal stuff, the death metal stuff, the especially when we got into the more groove oriented things and get got away from the death metal where it was like the jeez, I don't even know where to put it. People used to compare me to Max Cavallera a lot because of my sound. Oh wow, but that wasn't really the big thing it was to me. It was I was heavily influenced by Black Sabbath and Motorhead, And you know, I always wanted to make statements with the lyrics and the music, right because there's a mood and a tone that you set, and all of that is laid out so that you create an atmosphere and then you make a statement over it with your lyrical content, or at least as the way I viewed it, and I still love to do it once in a while, but I don't collaborate with too many people, and I've only got a couple of instruments, and you know, but I will do things from time to time, and I create music just for the radio network and that kind of thing here and there. But I mean, how is it What kind of statement would anybody try to make it this point? I mean, it's such a weird, toxic brew to where, you know, there's people that are say, you know, that were YouTube stars for a little bit and are TikTok stars now that came out with little catchy things. I mean, whoever it is that that created that baby shark thing probably made a mint somehow, and I'm not even sure how. Okay, but that's obviously part of the regular garbage that's out there. And I'm not even talking about the pop garbage. I mean that is well, literally that is popular culture, but it's not even pop music. It was just a weird little niche thing that happened, right, But there's been a whole bunch of that kind of stuff, weird little niches. And some of these people that are sort of like social media stars, who you know, unless they decide to go into boxing, they might be music stars. You know, Jake Paul's a boxer now. But I mean, it's a weird landscape. So is it even worth it to try and make the profund statement the big you know? I mean, some people want to speak about anti war and it's not necessarily on their minds so much lately because that's all been sanitized, so people aren't making anti war statements. Uh, social statements are confusing and you know, there's that, and then there's just shake your ass and that's all there is to it. And you know, and of course the regular bling bling and the hip hop where it's just like yeah, I'm this and I'm that, and it's all the braggadocious. But I mean, what statement is left to make at this point? I mean, is there something that profoundly is sitting out there going, man, this is the thing I need to speak to or do you have an idea about that? Or is that where you're really pivoting it back?
Speaker 3: No, I think you're hitting the nail on the head and the idea that like. Okay, So as a erroneous method, I came out and I wanted to do something different. Right. I had been a ghost producer, I had been a folly music maker. I had done my time in the industry. I got paid cash dollars to turn out album after album and then hear little pieces of my sounds in actual hit songs. So when I decided I'm going independent, I got kind of blackballed, but from everybody I knew in any kind of real industry, and I started to like, go, Okay, it's time to come home and make my own music, my own way. So I decided to say, like what am I going to make music about it? Right? And nobody was making conspiracy theory rap up time. There was like he's al automatic. That was probably the only guy I know that was doing any kind of like conspiracy. And that was actually a little later, so you know, yeah, nobody. I don't think anybody was around really like maybe a Mortal Technique, you know, like but they were on the left. Nobody was doing it in this kind of like libertarian freethinking freedom space.
Speaker 2: Well see that Paydemon Santo. Wait a minute, yeah, Paydemon Santo went in that direction for a minute. Then he started confusing me. And I used to pay on the show all the time. I love Payday, I love Immortal Technique, and I definitely love Diesel, but and I love all those guys. But I mean there were people out there doing it. There was a guy named Raven Mad out of Canada, and yeah, I mean there were guys, but they just a lot of them came and went. I mean, I think Payday is still out there making stuff. He had a personal thing going on for a little bit. Uh and then he came back and I haven't been in touch with him a bit, but he's probably been on my show like ten fifteen times. Diesel keeps promising to come on my show and doesn't. But but the thing is, I appreciate these guys. I always did. And there was a group of them for a while. Some of them were on the left, true, but some of them I don't know. Diesel, I don't know if I would consider him lefty exactly, because that didn't used to be leftist, I mean, speaking against the prison industrial complex, you.
Speaker 3: Know, definitely, Yeah, I wouldn't consider him left or you know those guys, Uh, those guys all kind of came out on the other side, but yeah, that would say he's automatic. Right during the pandemic, he made a whole song kind of speaking out against the absurdity of you know, maps and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, no, and those guys did that stuff at the time. And you know, like I said, Payday confused me for a little bit. But that's a guy who's got a massive volume of stuff. And I mean, you know, missiles with Relish and uh and and all that. I mean I love the song Sharks for sure, and even a lot of his earlier stuff that you know had had to do with nine to eleven and that I mean he's actually been around a while.
Speaker 3: Uh for sure. Yeah, yeah that Actually I think I heard his stuff on a mixtape with the Immortal Technique stuff like two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that would make sense, that would make sense. Anyway. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, but so you're saying there's kind of this open space though you think for libertarian but you know they got the blue dress.
Speaker 3: You know. My idea was, I was listening to a lot of these podcasts, as you know, I was familiar with your work. I was listening to probably the first guy I found was like Tim foil Hat, Chris Matthew, Charlie Robinson. So I was listening to a lot of that stuff, and it was I had been around since the you know, two thousand and SHIX was when I started rapping, and I'd always had somewhat of a conspiracy lean. I'd always talked about nine to eleven since the early days, in the underground days, but I never really got dove into too many other things. Just JFPN nine to eleven. That was like my wheelhouse. That was what I was talking about back then and at some point probably around twenty nineteen, late in twenty nineteen early twenty twenty, I started to shift into a harder conspiracy line because of all the things I was listening to. And then during you know, the pandemic, that was when I went hard, you know, I started to kind of fight back a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, and it makes sense, you know, And that was another thing that during the pandemic, a lot artists sort of collapsed because you know, some of them were dependent upon going out there and being in front of an audience and that was gone. There were tours canceled, you know, all that weirdness. I had those guys, oh man, three teeth on here, weird sort of like Marilyn Manson ish kind of band uh, But they were speaking to that end of the of the pool, and they they lost their tours, they lost everything, and I'm like, man, you know a lot of these artists that were going to go around and again, the industry is already challenged because of the digital age, and that was a blow that it just didn't need. And meanwhile, I don't even want to prop up the industry. I just want the artists to at least be able to get some of the scraps that they could get for creating the things that we actually cared about. But anyway, back to this, so you got your mentality changing, and but but how is it effectively changing now? I mean you're saying, Okay, I want to go back more to the roots of the music. Obviously, hip hop's got its roots, you know, all over the place. I mean, it's it's like trying to grow mint in your front yard. It's going to be everywhere.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah. The six professional albums I did doing hip hop were the statement, right I said what I mean to say. There's some underground stuff out there. You can have four or five extra albums out there. But when it comes to like conspiracy theory and music, I feel like I put a bow on it twice over and it's time to move on, right, So so take a step back, and like you said, I wanted it back to the roots. I want to kind of like find blues, find all these upon, all these kind of metal eaves and all these things I played when I was younger, and all these bands, and we toured and we had a great time. And the key component to that is other people right, you know what I mean that you have to have other people. And that's where I think again, the industry has kind of faltered a little where people aren't getting the.
Speaker 2: Making new bands, no no and voluntary enforcement, you know, I mean, people are social distancing even without the social distancing. And I think Electronica, see this is the funny part is that when I started playing music, it was the late eighties, right, and there were guys it was fear of the drum machine, you know, where it was like this stuff is going to all be automated. And I mean, you know, there was a lot of backlash to Trent Reznor initially when when he was you know, coming out with his stuff and you know, nine Inch Nails was brand new. People were like, oh my god, this is all you know, manufactured noise and noise tracks and drum tracks from a machine, and they're not going to need people anymore. And it's weird because everybody got off of that and let it go. And then it seems like Electronica said, yeah, hold my beer, cause we're gonna give you every single tool you could possibly want so that you're an isolated artist alone. So the guy that had to go through a whole bunch of nonsense and fight with his band eighty times before he decides to become a solo artist. Now starts as a solo artist all by himself in his bedroom with you know, a couple of good programs.
Speaker 3: And that's not you know, it's kind of how it began, right. I had a band, right where, a hip hop group, and somebody needed to make the beats at some point, So here we go, I make the beats.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I had to learn all that right originally, and for the most part, and throughout most of my career, hardware, you know, actual you know, drum machines and stuff, classic stuff, right, But at some point I had to go to these computer programs that have everything in front of you, and they're kind of while they have all the sounds, while they have all the fields, they are soulless in a lot of ways. You lose something in the music at some point, and that's kind of what. I went back and I listened to all these buildings that I created, and originally I felt really good about it, and I didn't feel that about him when I when I was done later, you know, I went back, I listened again, and I was like, ah, this one's not so good, you know what I mean. I felt I found the fault points and I want to create like live music again, because there's there's something about the humanity and just playing with your buddies and creating something new.
Speaker 2: Right, And and that's a weird thing too, because even you know, Payde Mon Santos calling me up at three o'clock in the morning at one point, and why he's excited because he's got a guitar in his hand, and I'm like, all right, you know, and pretty much every instrument he picked up he could do something with it. A lot of people don't know that about him, Like a lot of that stuff you here recorded, and and even when he loops it together, he might loop stuff together, but he actually plays instruments and create stuff. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's I mean, I did the same thing, where like I create my loops a lot of time, we actual guitars, you know. Like it's that it's rare. You don't find a lot of hip hop artists that'll do that these days.
Speaker 2: No, no, but it but it does leave the soul in and it's because of these very minor imperfections. See that's the thing. The computer creates something that is Nothing is ever perfect, but I mean damn close to it. You know, the exact tones, the the you know, the the reverb, the diminished chord, all that stuff goes at the same rate, and yeah, you create something that sounds very symmetrically solid. But again it lacks those little things, that little that little extra buzz on the string that only happened the one time in the studio, that extra click on the rim of the drum that wasn't intended, that just happened to drop in there. And then the engineer says, you know what, I'm gonna turn that noise up and it becomes a sound of its own, you know, and that kind of thing. People don't necessarily recognize that anymore. And you know, again, I know, I'm the old man going I want Mario old music, you know, and I want to get off my lawn. But I mean, you know, but there's something to this where there was a soul to the music with the imperfections, don't you agree?
Speaker 3: Such, yes, I fully agree, And I've come around to that decision in like such a roundabout way. I used to kind of fight against that argument and go like no, and I could do it all on my own. I don't need anybody. And at some point and maybe that was maybe that was being like isolated because I am here in upstate New York and and you know, the last few years hit us really hard. Here are people shut their businesses down. Everything was different. It became very dare I say, gentrified. Billionaires came through and now you see, you know, like yachts and airplanes flying into my little city. It's kind of strange, but that is part of why the music has changed for me. Also, the people I've been talking to, it's people like you, Chuck, and people like you know, like at Jason Barker a Knights of the Storm. I talked to him a lot. I had a conversation with him and an artist named Lindell. It was a concert pianist and she was talking about just going out and go wild and making music right. And I decided to do that. One day, I took my banjo out and I hadn't played my danjo in probably sixty years, and I kept there just jamming by the railroad tracks, and before too long, there were like five or six people just huddled around me that were going out for walks listening to me play, and it was like a really good feeling to be out there naturally and have naturally drawn a crowd around me. It was different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was another thing that again is now missing in a lot of places, and upstate New York not the best place for it. But you know, I lived in New York City for a bit. I lived in Jersey and New York City most of my life. I've been got almost ten years in the South now, but I mean before that, that's where I was. And even if I was flat broke, right, I could sit down with a guitar somewhere, open up my case and make enough money to go get something to eat, you know, or put myself up the night if I needed to. Whatever it was, I could do that. Or I could take out the acoustic base, sit down with another guy. We could make it more interesting, and who knows, maybe somebody else would come along with a couple of five gallon paint drums and sit down and all of a sudden we got percussion too. And you know, we used to just do this impromptu in the parks, on street corners and stuff. And I mean, you could do it a little bit in Jersey City, but New York was definitely the place to do it. And I don't know, I could take that somewhere else. If I was in Ohio and we needed gas money, we could just take over a corner for a little while till the cops broke it up and you know, make our gas money to at least get the hell out of Ohio. You know, might have to sit down again in Pittsburgh to do it. But it's okay. That spirit, that sort of vagabond era seems to be over, you know. I know you said you just did it with a banjo, not long, but I mean, who's doing that anymore? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not, it isn't It isn't. I don't know. I was just recently in Washington, DC, back in January, and it was cold as hell, and I was talking to this local guy and he tells me, you know, it's the coldest January record, which is latest, because the last time I was in DC, like twenty years ago, they told me it was the coldest January records. Anyway, walking down Pennsylvania Avenue and there is a homeless black guy with a guitar and a tiny little battery lamp and he is just ripping the star spangled banner better than any Jimmy Hendrix I'd ever heard. And I just stood there mesmerized, and like, this is a Maratha. I'm in the shadow of the White House and this guy is just busting for his change, and not one of the Secret Service guys was coming over to break it up. It was Drake, right. So you know, I don't know it's there. You just have to go to the right places, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guarantee you it's you know, it is definitely a smaller a thing that it used to be, though it used to be large, you know, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most street corners on most cities in America, I mean Rochester, New York, which is the big city near where I'm from. Uh, you know, you could always find that always, and it's not a thing anymore there. It's gotten very clamped down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only place I didn't see it where I went to play was Buffalo. Actually, all in the northeast Buffalo didn't have it. And you know, but but they were remarkable because I mean I thought for sure that when we showed up there, we were gonna have a canceled show. You know, because we get there in the afternoon and we got to play that night and there was tons of snow on the ground and I said, oh man, you know, I'm thinking other parts of Jersey or Pennsylvania and New York. There's no way there's going to be a show. And uh yeah. They were like no, no, no, just hold on, you'll see. And people came out of it would work and they you know, they actually cleared. They get on with life in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I grew up in the Buffalo punk team, you know, because I'm from I'm from canaanday to New York. That's my city. But you know, you know, when you're from Kennanagua, you go to Rochester, you go to Syracuse, you go to Buffalo. So those are the places we go to see music. And you know, each one is about an hour to an hour and a half two hours away. So we go to Buffalo for the night. We go to these little clubs and bars and these punk stands, you know, and same thing, you know, the splore for the snow and you wait in line for an hour in the in the zero degree, whether nobody has a cote on because they're all punks and trying to tough it out. Yeah, it's a relentless place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's hilarious. And I definitely I mean I was there in the mid nineties like that, and it was just it was hysterical. I did not believe that we were going to have a show. And then the place got almost packed, you know. But again, there was a bunch of little bars. I mean, it was a cool scene. But they didn't have a street corner scene in Buffalo. I didn't see none of that. But they came out and they definitely got indoors. And you know, I don't blame them. That mean, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I say, they got the street coat in the winter in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look I jumped out. Look they used to stick me because I can't drive because of my bad eyesight, and they used to stick me in the back of the box truck with the equipment, right, and uh so I come out of the back of the box truck, I jump out and like I'm up to my waist in a snow drift, like instantly, and I'm going there is no way we're gonna play, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the bartender probably couldn't get into work, man, there's no way, and we did so, but I can see what you can't stand. You stand on the street corner. You know they'll dig you out next spring. I mean, it ain't gonna work. So yeah. Anyways, But to this pivot, right, there's there's more to it because usually you try and capture something personal. Obviously, when you're are constructing these things and you want to give something personal back out, you're usually turning something out. It could be you know, recycling your pain. It could be speaking, you know, of pride or of something like that. There's a lot of different things that move you to create something. But to me, it's like the world is so strange at this point and so polarized. Okay, unless you're there to serve up one of these you know, prescribed polarized sort of things, it just seems weird to me, Like, is anybody going to create something new? Is anybody going to speak from a personal point of view that isn't already laid out by somebody else at this point? I know I keep asking the same question in the different forms, but I mean, where are you going? What is the thing that you need to express as an artist? Now?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah. Right now, I've gone through so much personal turmoil that I feel like that has to come out of me. Like you know, in the last few years, like I've matured as a human being. Right, You come into your own in your late thirties, you start to look back at your life, You start to look at your mistakes, you make new mistakes, you know what I mean. I got in trouble for the first time in my life recently. I never had any kind of record or had to go to court. And you know, it's just little things you do that make you reflect. And so for me again, like you said, pain, revelation of pain is very important to me, and that's where the blues have kind of come into my soul and like slipped out of me. With my friends lately, we just sit down a porch and jam these things, and you know, we're building something, we're making, we're making something new.
Speaker 2: It's going to.
Speaker 3: Change, it's going to be different. But as an artist, I feel like personal revelation is the most important part of being an artist. And I feel like I reviewed myself a lot through the early erroneous method stuff and the hip hop, but ultimately it is a crafted song. Each time you make something, you're making it with a very specific in tank. You're trying to sell a subject, You're trying to sell an idea, and with the Blues you're just relinquishing your pain. You know. It is the revelation of the method through the ideology of suffering.
Speaker 2: That is a great thought. Look, I'm gonna give people a little example of your work because it's one of the things I have here, and we're gonna just kind of cut our mics and take a breath because I know you guys have heard this on the network more than once. But maybe i'll play maybe the whole thing. Let's see, it's only two and a half minutes. Uh, method Heads is only two and a half minutes. So I'm gonna play the whole thing on o'chelly dot com and I'm talking to the artists who made it so perfect timing right here, and uh got to let them know. I'm bringing all.
Speaker 3: Shot, lucking care rots the ball up the Duck Show.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing all shot lock them care rots at the lot at the Draft Show. I've only just method the world's worst professional pool tip them like it's two dollars something in Becker's back on tour.
Speaker 2: You never really.
Speaker 4: Wanted me anyway. Ulcohol turns me into your enemies. I'm go send me stand with some annaty. I used to think that bottle was the remedy, picked it up once or twice after I let it go, but finally had to.
Speaker 2: Let it be.
Speaker 4: I used to roll with the five dead she would give me and left timpers and literacy.
Speaker 2: I mean literally, I figure I'm the letter. We all want chances week except what San learned the letter Go. We learned the letter go.
Speaker 3: Oh it take trouble. I think it okay.
Speaker 4: They have a couple heroes.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: If fair flaws, I won't have stayed sober with our hand trip is zero.
Speaker 4: I'm talking to Chris Grays on the podlad he's talking to.
Speaker 2: Charlie Robinson on the pods. The people he influenced influence me work. Chuck o'chelly, Sorry, I haven't doney gay. I'm gonna give you those beats.
Speaker 4: But we the people's influence like drops of water in the sea, and it's sad and so plain. The seed that latanly, the powers that beat, they've taken corruption to incompatibility with regathering. I got no problem with the conspiracy becoming in industry as.
Speaker 2: Long as we stay hard.
Speaker 4: I'm fat it's bright, no fallacy, go forth with no madness, casually ghost produced for years stacking up that wise Wolf gold, Ain't you average g I'm a bastard with no mask? But the met that had had one long.
Speaker 2: Before the ronas and don't get mad at me.
Speaker 3: Get ready.
Speaker 2: So that one went a little short method heads there, but you got the point. That's a different piece of music, for sure. What would you even call that? Is that? Is that hip hop? Is that? What is going on there?
Speaker 3: I don't think at that point, I was like, really that the spiders that there. I was listening to a lot of deck and I think that guy kind of seeks into the background of.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well I almost yeah, yeah, I get that, like it's almost like two turntables in a microphone, but he forgot to throw in the drug. And I'm like, it's pretty but it's cool, I I and of course I get a shout out in there too, but uh, but it's just funny to me that, like you know that you had that that sort of loose methodology, and then there's these little rifts in there, and it just kind of drops and moves and I don't know, man, it's it's an interesting fluid kind of movement there. And that's what's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird cut in the middle with the guitar break. Yeah, listen to that again since I made it a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different, right, definitely, definitely, And uh, you know, you send me some more stuff, we'll play it on the network on the DJ shows or even breaks whatever. You know, as long as I got your permission to use it, I'll use it. But you know, it's uh, it's really interesting, man, and I look forward to see what it is you're gonna put out soon. I know you went through again. I don't know if you want to talk about it, but you went through you know, personal up people like you were saying, Uh, at one point, you kind of sent me a message where you were like, look, you know, I lost a lot of stuff and I kind of have to change my home situation and everything, and uh, you know, and I was like a little worried about you there. And uh then when you came back around, so you know, I obviously got back up on your feet.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, it's still it's still kind of an ongoing process. How a lot of things have are still in motion with all of that, and uh, you know, uh, you know, I I've never tried to be any kind of role model, specifically because some finds you falter as a human being and make mistakes, and I've done a lot of that over the last couple of years. But yes, I am trying to pull myself back out of like, uh the ashes of the mess that I made for myself with my life and and the people around me made for myself with my life. So ye, not that, not that I get too into it, but yeah, you know, I've gone through a flood. I was living in a storage unit and all my stuff flooded, and uh, yeah, you know, I'm finally found a place and like kind of pulled myself back together, got a better job, so a physical job, because you know, I can't I can't really make the money off the music like I used to. I used to just do music a full time career and it's not not really a thing up here, but you know, I'm pushing forward. And I started my podcast, which is Shut Up Joel, and you can find that on pretty much all the podcast apps and you can also find that on like Chasing Barker's Nicely to the Storm website. Nice to Thestorm dot com. He's got a nice little section with always affiliated podcasts. So that's that's kind of like just questioning the world, questioning different people with different ideas, and it's.
Speaker 2: Been a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It's had a lot of really cool guests on different people from me the alternative thinking community. And I'm getting ready to wrap that up soon or at least go on a hiatus for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, but but they'll still be able to get those things like if you get the past episodes, is there a website for yep, I.
Speaker 3: Don't have a personal website for if you can get on all the podcast streams just shut up, Joel. But the website that you can that there is a link to is Night of the Storm dot com.
Speaker 2: Night of the Storm dot Com, which of course is the whole thing about mister Knight's show there. Uh you know, I was actually yeah, yeah, and he's an interesting guy, David, and I was kind of it was funny when him and I sat down to have a conversation. I forget did I have him? I think I had him on my show. But but there there there was a little back and forth there and it was fascinating. And a bunch of those guys that do the Nights of the Storm thing, uh have been really interesting. I was talking to a bunch of them for a bit there, Wash Geez, the one guy what is he Angry Tiger or something like that.
Speaker 3: Angry Tiger. Yeah, at Jason, those guys that kind of got my start with in the podcasting industry when I was first really green. They kind of took me on and were like, let's do some episodes. And you know, I actually had a lot of like personal revelations with those guys. They pulled things on to me that I've never really talked about on some of those like addiction episodes that we did.
Speaker 2: So they were a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: There's still a lot of fun to talk to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, an addiction is a subject that you know, sadly, it's not just in the alternative community, so to speak, but I mean it's it's ubiquitous. I mean it is. It is completely overrunning the country in one way or another, in one wave or another. I find it fascinating that people are so hung up on the opioid crisis, you know, in the past few years, because to me, the opioid crisis has not gone away since the nineteen seventies. And the only reason why I start counting theirs because that's when I was born, you know.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean yeah, if you really look at the history of opio this is something was brought over in the you know, the eighteen hundreds from China, and it's it's been here ever since, very heavily.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, absolutely, And I mean and I'm one of these guys. I mean I did. I did a few episodes on that that that kind of blew people's minds because you know, at a certain point, I had to prove myself useful as a street level kid. And how did I do it? Well, the manufacturer and distribution of various chemicals. Uh, what's how I did it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: And literally I was I was whacking you know, I was whacking up packages at the age of nine, you know what I mean. This, this is the kind of kid I was because I had to survive. And I call that, you know, parts of the invisible American reality because parts of America are invisible. Why are they invisible? Because nobody wants to see it, and a whole lot of people act like they don't. And truthfully, these things occur in the same space in your town, in your very same you know, apartment complexes and all that stuff, right next door to people who think, you know, I'm in a good neighborhood. This is a law abiding citizen. This is and there is another reality always going on behind the scenes, so to speak, you know. And so it's the invisible part of America. And we live in a weird time where even the California governor is now making a declaration today I think about, you know, moving homeless encampments around and things like this, and it's funny because again I remember that as a battle from all the time when I was a kid. I have been homeless more than once in my life. And again, it's one of those things that people want to ignore and otherwise and that's it, you know. They don't want to treat it like it's part of what's going on in this country, and you know what it has been. It is and it will continue to be until you know, certain inequities are addressed. Anyways, but people blame other people a lot of times for the circumstances that quite frankly, are almost inescapable. And why am I talking about this because addiction is one of those things. How you don't wind up on a chemical in our culture at this point is a miracle, you know what I mean. It's one of those things that you almost can't avoid because either a doctor's gonna shove it down your throat, or you're gonna seek to find escape at some point, or you're gonna find that you have a chronic condition you need to address. And the mentality, whether it's the above boards America and the DEA endorsed you know, prescription pad that you get something written on, or it is your you know, street level pharmaceutical consultant. You can find drugs everywhere. That's just our culture at this point. So you know, nobody escapes as far as I'm concerned, because if you're not hooked on something, you know, people that are you definitely do. And I don't mean just you, I mean I'm using the general you. Yeah, yeah, welcome to America. You know, it's like, welcome to America. Are you high yet? I mean, this is just what we do. I mean, we put it in our drinks, we put it in our food there is nothing but junk for every kind of junkie here in America. But anyway, enough for that soapbox. My point is that we have a reality that a lot of people want to ignore. They want to selectively embrace it. And that's the reason why comedians and musicians and people that really do create something that speaks from their soul, from their experience one way or another. This is why that stuff is valuable. A lot of people say, you know, entertainment is just junk, and you know what, there's plenty of junk for the junkie, yes always, but there are legitimate things that are being created and are meant to, you know, relate something to someone that they might not have previously understood. And there's a lot of ways to go about it. And I love the fact that you're going more for the direct approach and you want to get into the blues. Probably you know, this is not the end of your journey in any way, shape or form. It's just another one of those sort of through lines that you're gonna find on your path, you know what I mean. So anyways, again, shut up, Joel is the podcast, Erroneous Method is the artist, and I'll I'll just turn it over to you to kind of give people a final thought if you like, for tonight. Unless there's something else you want to touch on, you know, by all means, go ahead, But otherwise we'll get done with this. And I think this is a conversation that should at least get some people thinking a little bit about some things, and hopefully not about the same things that everybody else in the world right now is pretty much discussing. Notice I didn't use the name Joe Biden during this entire discussion. I didn't say did I say Trump? Did I say Trump? I might have said Trump, But anyway, trump Amania is running wild.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, trump Amania is run and wild. Hulk Hogan is the man. I know, I know, I know, and yes, Kamala will save you all. But you know, anyhow, my friend, erroneous method, go ahead, man, the floor is absolutely yours to do with what you want.
Speaker 3: Well, I would love for you guys to check out my collection of music. It's out there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You can find it on pretty much anything. You can buy or download music from Apple Music. I am happily Shadow band. Just remember that it's erroneous method e r r OH and e oh us Method. Please down those those first six albums, because it really is all about these alternate realities that we find ourselves in, and there can be more than one, there can be more than two. People can find themselves in bubbles of time and space and lost to their own cyclone of ideas, and that's exactly what the music's about. It's about exploring different concepts that people find themselves falling in. So I hope you check that out, and definitely check out Shut Up Joel again. It's available on pretty much and pod that that. But more than that, I hope you love and embrace each other and try and find some friends out there this week, because for me, it was really easy to go find friends on the internet. All I did was message guys like Chuck and all these other wonderful people that I've met in the Alternative States. And if you feel lost and lonely, just try and find a friend this week.
Speaker 2: You know what that sounds like? Really good advice, And I'll tell you we're gonna really get into alternative spaces. Of course, tomorrow night, I'll do the live call in show for you guys. On Friday nights like we always do. But on Monday, which is an unusual broadcast day for me, I'm gonna be speaking to doctor Richard Alan Miller. And you want to talk about alternative realities and a guy who scares the hell out of some people. But Richard Allen Miller, if you're not familiar with him erroneous method, then you haven't gone all the way deep into every rabbit hole, I assure you. But interesting guy, I'll say that, and I'm going to broadcast with him live on Monday. But that's the plan so far, and I have no idea what Aaron Franz is doing tomorrow night, but we might get another age of transitions, which I'll produce after my show and uncle the broadcast, of course, But if not, I'll see you guys Friday and then again Monday, So stay tuned to the o'heli dot com Radio Network. Thanks again, erroneous Method, and thank you guys for listening, because I am merely