Speaker 1: Hello, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's me Cecily Nobler here with our friend Stephanie Wilder Taylor.
Speaker 1: I like that you called me our friend, our friend, friend, friend of the show, friend, friend and lover their lover special lady, especially good time.
Speaker 3: I gotta I have to admit.
Speaker 2: Something to you, guys. I was not able to let it go. There's a lot of memes about letting things go and moving on and block and deleting. I could not block and delete, and just like that, I could not let it go. I'm having a real hard time with one of my favorite shows that I watched like every day for twenty years ending like this, not because it ended, but the way it ended.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Do you think let me and let me ask you this because we have a lot to get to. We have a lot of thoughts about yeah, the finale, but also just the whole season, and I'm wondering. Okay, So when the show first came, we were both excited for it, well.
Speaker 3: Yell my god, yeah, I was over the moon.
Speaker 1: And with the first season, yeah, first season, first season, though it became clear, it became clear really quickly that it wasn't great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right away.
Speaker 1: First season was Chay right or no? Or was that second season?
Speaker 3: No Cha showed up? The first season Jay was in two seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so first season we start watching it, We're like, Okay, this is really weird. They've introduced a lot of new characters. Everybody is being super super And when I say woke, you guys who listened to our recaps of this and it's probably a lot of the same people. You know, I don't mean it as like a person who's like anti cancel culture, right. I mean, they just made it seem like a joke. They just made it seem like they weren't woke and that, you know, like.
Speaker 3: They were making fun.
Speaker 2: It seemed like they were making fun of people that are like more liberal. I mean, they were like taking the piss. I mean, it was just but it wasn't that. That's what it's that's how bad the writing was. It's because they were so out of touch. It almost seemed like they were like, let's just talk to some like seventeen year olds about like what's going on, and then we'll make everybody who's in their fifties seem kind of pathetically trying to be relevant.
Speaker 1: That's what it felt like, which I took personally because I'm that age.
Speaker 3: It was horrible.
Speaker 2: And we found out later just from sort of writer room talk, is that Cynthia Nixon had a lot to do with some of the shit that we had to literally literally watch. Yes, I mean why, I don't know, but she seems like very annoying. Somebody said something once, Oh they said this on like Instagram threads or something. They were like, ps, I voted for Remember when Cynthia Nixon ran.
Speaker 3: For up in her knees?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and just was pretty out of touch there too, And somebody's like I voted for her, and I was really trying to go like basically go forward in time and stop and just like that. So you're welcome. But if she'd won, that wouldn't have never happened. That's what I was trying to do.
Speaker 1: That's really really funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there have been a lot of little I don't like this term, but there have been a lot of think pieces yeah, that are kind of hilarious, some more than others. So many tiktoks, so many tiktoks of people like losing their mind, like just well.
Speaker 1: Because they tried to tell us that Michael Patrick King tried to perpetrate that he knew. Yeah, yeah, we always knew we planned it this way. Yeah, that's a ticket, right. We knew we were ending, you know why, because it was just like we'd said everything we need to say. That was a lot of That's a lot of his pieces his interviews. He's like, yeah, I sat down with Sarah and I was like, listen, you know what, love the show. It's going really great. Everybody absolutely loves it. But I'm just thinking, like, what else is there to do? What else is there to say? We've said it all? And Sarah said to me, you know what, you're a genius and you're so right, So like, yeah, let's end it. That never fucking happened one.
Speaker 2: And that's one of the things this guy on TikTok was just like, Okay, let's go through the finale. So yeah, of course our finale for the whole series. Let's make it thirty three minutes. That sounds right, thirty three minutes. That's perfect. I mean, just just from that alone, they're like, and let's invite a bunch of people that we've never met or talked to you. Let's spend most of those thirty three minutes with like three terrible people that are friends with Brady's baby mama, who's the worst person you've ever seen. Let's make most of the episode about that, right, thirty three minutes of the series.
Speaker 3: Let's not mention big.
Speaker 1: Also Brady's baby mama, who with the baby that he doesn't want to have. So it's not even like a character that anybody, even Brady doesn't don't want that character on the show, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's literally the worst choice. I can't I honestly can't think of a worst choice. I can't, aside from Chay. I actually think that this person that I preferred Chay to this the Ben Stiller daughter. Yeah, honestly, that was just horror, but I love I love it. I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, this is the ending. So okay, I'm going to read to you something and then you're going to read to me something.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is from a couple of days ago from Slate magazine. They did an interview and the name of this is an interview with the guy who made the infamous poop. Just like that, Oh, this is the guy that made the prop. I thought it was the actor, my god, that's even funnier. Somehow, it's been the most memed when they showed it going down the toilet mm hmm, and most horrifying moment of the finale at the Thanksgiving dinner when Miranda's toilet.
Speaker 3: We don't need to go through all that, okay, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So it has been divisive, No, it has not been device Nobody that would.
Speaker 1: Imply that people that some people are like, well, I don't know, I loved it.
Speaker 2: I think that this person writing for Slave didn't understand because they wrote some fans question whether the scene was a fitting farewell. Yeah, we're saying that because it's shit, like a shit storm.
Speaker 1: It's horrible. Of course it's not fitting farewell. Nobody, nobody thought it was good. This is the problem with pieces like this. It's like this is where they try to gaslight you into like, well, some people really liked it, sorry you, not not just they, but Michael Patrick king right, because he defended the scene and told Deadline that Sex and the City and then just like that have quote always dealt with a lot of relationship shit, and that was a manifestation of how shit backs up.
Speaker 2: No, it was not he goes it, shit backs up and you have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: What what from a character that is just so ridiculous? Oh are you like, oh we're playing we're playing you're playing checkers, but we're playing like three D.
Speaker 2: Ch yes, like no, yes, no, that is exactly what he's saying. And then they say, we all remember when Charlotte, Now you remember from the first movie, the first Sex in the City movie, when she kept seed in her pants. They went to Mexico and she accidentally drank water. She was very careful about not drinking any water, but she drank some by accident, somehow shit her pants.
Speaker 3: So they really enjoy that for some reason.
Speaker 2: But the finales close up put the show in unchartered waters, and in true Carrie Bradshaw's style, I couldn't help but wonder what actually goes into creating a spectacle like this. So I tracked down the guy responsible, the prop master, Michael Corey is his name.
Speaker 3: I think this is interesting. This is not what I thought, but I kind of love it.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Where did you first learn about the poop? Did you see it in the script or did someone tap you on the shoulder and whisper you need poop, and then this is amazing, Michael Corey says, Michael Patrick King is very specific.
Speaker 1: Oh it was. I love this.
Speaker 3: So it was a scripted moment. Nobody didn't think it was a scripted moment.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We just thought somebody was gonna have to poop on set. And they're like, let's use it. Don't flush that. Get cameras, Kara, where are it's a hot set.
Speaker 3: It's a hot set.
Speaker 2: What After we get the scripts, we have a meeting with all the department heads and we go through the episode and I remember the conversation with him about it. I remember him talking about how it had to be gross and he wanted to see quote unquote floaters.
Speaker 3: Oh so he did this.
Speaker 2: He's just he was just mad at us, right he really is?
Speaker 1: This whole That whole episode was a big fuck you to the audience.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what I'm about to say is really gross? Should I not?
Speaker 1: No say it?
Speaker 2: So the question was what did you make the poop out of? And he said, well, we knew it had to be very specific, lactose intolerant cheeseplate disaster type poop. The fuck, it's not a thing.
Speaker 3: I can't even read this. It's so gross that I honestly I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: But basically they did something and then the rest he mixed in a giant bucket and they made it out of brand muffins, vanilla ice cream, oatmeal and chocolate syrup and water and yogurt.
Speaker 1: You're making it sound a lot better than it looks.
Speaker 3: Oh, then there's a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I didn't even say I didn't see it in real time because I looked away.
Speaker 3: So now I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Oh, who was involved in selecting the poop? Did you have to present Michael Patrick King with different options for him to choose from. This is the type of stuff that Michael Patrick King loves. He writes it so it's in his head and he gets a delight out of awkward moments and putting people in uncomfortable positions for the sake of humor. So I mixed one bucket and I showed it to him and he loved it.
Speaker 3: Then I mixed two giant buckets which were brought to set.
Speaker 2: This person sounds a little special themselves if your eye, I mean really, you know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though that might they're making Michael Patrick King sound so just juvenile and like it's and not understanding or being in touch with any of the reasons why everybody hated the show, Like what so three seasons of that and now they're trying to shift blame and go, well, that's that's on the audience if they didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, that's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 2: And he says, sort of in conclusion, I think they said, well, you know, is this a metaphor? That was the question, like, is this like a metaphor for the shit show?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 3: Does that hurt your feelings?
Speaker 2: And he said no, I love working on this show, and I love everyone involved, and it's such an institution that people have attached their own feelings to it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's talking about there.
Speaker 2: I moved to New York at the height of Sex and the City, so you should hate it even more. But a lot of people have been just like that, have been working since the original. So he's just saying, it's all one big family.
Speaker 1: It's nobody can admit that it was just really, really bad. And I do blame Michael Patrick King. Now you had something. I have a couple of things. Yeah, there's more here. I have I think let's see, I think I have here the and just like that, EPs defend series finale after backlash reveal who knew the show was ending? Okay, so it says the team behind and just like that, defending is defending the controversial series finale despite not First of all, let me just inject that the whole thing was bad. The whole the whole season was terrible. It wasn't just the finale was maybe the worst because it was crazy that it was a finale and that they even had the nerve to call it that when nothing really got wrapped up. But it's defend your whole fucking season people, right, Okay, So despite not knowing ahead of time that the show is ending, executive producers, Oh, these people should not have let themselves be interviewed. Julie Reetenberg and Elisa Zuritsky addressed the blash from viewers after Carrie Sarah Jessica Parker was shown embracing the next chapter of her life solo in the finale, Oh my God, as though she chose that right right. Of all the possible endings of all the three seasons, this one definitely rings the most true for me. Zuritsky told tv line, Oh my god, really, oh that really just it rang true for me. It's like, oh, like sometimes you just have to be alone. Oh that's so fucking original.
Speaker 2: Even though she went through the whole thing of like, yeah, I didn't work with Aiden, but I really like stayed with that to the end. And I really hope Duncan would come back, but he never even called me, so I guess I'll be alone for eight minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to this Japanese It was never even like something she chose.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, these people are smelling their own farts, Zuritsky told tv Line. As a fan of the show and as a fifty something woman in the world, I think it's sort of extra poignant and feels authentic to Carrie's character that she would reach this moment. Oh do you Oh, you think that's so authentic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Zarinsky, who worked on the original Sex and the City alongside Rottenberg, defended and just like that's vision for Carrie to stay single. Hold on, please got to pop up ad quote. Carrie has metabolized her grief of being widowed, really has she? You know, that's so interesting that I wish we could have seen the process of that, except that you never fucking mentioned Big one time in the entire three seasons, right, never once. No, she's gone back in a real way to relationship land, she continued, What are they? What is this person talking about?
Speaker 2: She was like a total zombie with one guy. I don't see how that's that's the opposite. She's like, you know, I'm not coming back. That was really fun to bang you, Carrie. I tried all season and I goult you. That's wonderful, goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, well, I was really hoping he would call, but he didn't. So I guess the show's ending. Now we have how long thirty three minutes? Well, I guess I'm going to be alone.
Speaker 4: What she's a fuck?
Speaker 1: She's decided that she'd rather be on her own than in a not ideal partnership.
Speaker 2: No, she hasn't decided that. She never made that decision. She made the opposite of that decision. She decided to break up with Aiden, that's true. But then she thought she had a crush on She was going to a monkey bar into Duncan, monkey Bard, from Big to Aiden, she monkey Bard back to from Big to Aiden, back and forth.
Speaker 3: And immediately to burger. And I'm not even saying there's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 2: It, But if she'd actually had a choice, if they if they had thirty minutes where they really freaking talked about that and explored that idea of like.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm just okay as me or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we didn't even talk about like the woman stuff and her dumb ass book, you.
Speaker 1: Know, were you know what they could have done that you and I would have liked. What if Duncan was like Carrie, like this has been incredible, and you know, I'm I'm I think I'm in love with you even yeah, and then she said and then she and he's like yeah, and I'm gonna I want you to move to London.
Speaker 3: And then she's like no, I mean, listen, I gotta say something.
Speaker 2: I don't often talk about this, but I can relate to that, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, And I can relate to the storyline. And that's a choice, that's a choice like that would be interesting. I mean, not a lot of people can relate to like moving to London with Duncan, but I can. And it's kind you're saying, I mean, it's kind of insane and I literally was in this exact position and it's interesting, And I was like, no, I think I need to like work on myself. Something's not healed in me. I'm not doing great and this isn't feeling right. So I'm not going to just chase to the next guy, which is the thing I always.
Speaker 3: Do, just like Carrie.
Speaker 2: So I that would have been interesting. But that's exactly not what happened. He just never called.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't call. He told her sorry, I'm not I am moving and I'm leaving, and she was like.
Speaker 3: I'm not coming back. It's no interest in her.
Speaker 1: No, and she admitted that she thought maybe that would be the thing. So none of this And everybody in actual storytelling knows that your protagonist has to things can't happen to the protagonists. The protagonist to wrap things up for has to resolve things on their own. Yes, they have to act, they have to do something active. Yes it can't. So then it says, okay, so blah blah blah. She's decided she'd rather be on her own than in a not ideal partnership, and like so many women we know, are really quite happy in their own space and their own home and their own friendships. Okay, yes that is true. I had her, but that's not her and that's not what happened. She didn't make that change. No, she did not make that change. So then then it says Zuritsky encouraged fans to give the finale, which was crafted by showrunner Michael Patrick King an EP Susan Fowls Hill a chance. Quote. I feel really gratified that that's the grace note for now. That feels really full and fully realize. Yeah, girl, I hope you never get another job in TV. And like a happy person living a happy life and a grateful person in the world. You look at her other jobs that she created for herself. Quote, it feels ultimately gratifying. And I can't say we've seen a ton of that in movies and television, So I feel like it's kind of a beautiful punctuation mark to a life well lived. What kind of fucking drugs are you taking? Okay Rottenberg. Meanwhile, this is the other person called Carrie's journey quote the most honest way to end the series? Are these people? What the I can't believe this article. I can't believe nobody laughed while they were interviewing these women. Quote. I think the strength was leaving her in a moment where she says, quote might not be another man for me, and I'm okay with that. I think that's what we responded to, and that's what we felt like the clearest way to end, maybe the cleanest way to end. She explained, It's not a tragedy. She's got a pretty freaking great life, and she has these friends, and we felt like we were leaving her in a good place. And by the way, what I think is really funny is they left everybody coupled up but her, right. Well, that was.
Speaker 3: Kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: It would have been interesting if that had been her choice, like you said, if she turned down the guy and was like, you know, I'd rather it's not quite right, I'd rather just not And then she's like walks alone.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, Yeah, except that that's not really how it happened, because she was bummed that there's no guys.
Speaker 3: She's super bummed.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, I don't know, I'm like kind of lost right now because like didn't work out with this guy, none of this. And I thought Duncan would call and anyway, that's the end.
Speaker 3: Of the show.
Speaker 2: Up shit, literal shit. Yeah, so, Sarah Jessica Parker, may do you have something else?
Speaker 1: I have a little bit more, Yeah, so, it says. Earlier this month, Michael Patrick King confirmed that the that it wouldn't return for a fourth season. The news came as a shock to fans and apparently to the show's writers. Quote Michael is obviously his own person, and he has his own instrument. You know this is Ritzky talking. Oh my god, I hope she listens to this. No, I don't. Yeh listen girl, you do you? But come on. Quote we're brought on a lot, We're brought in on a lot of it and then not. So I feel like he had a method to his Timeline. Rottenberg also weighed in on why Carrie, Miranda, and Charlotte didn't share a scene together in the finale, which she called quote a Michael Patrick King question.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Quote, Oh my god. I think the idea is that the whole series is based on the strength of those friendships. I can't I love how she's trying to dig herself out of this or so, even if you're not in the same room we have those bonds and we feel the support and strength of those friendships. She detailed, quote, I think that the feeling was that those bonds are stronger than anything, and they're there even when they're not there.
Speaker 2: Those friends, right, they didn't get to be together, No, but but Joy, who we just met, Joy gets to be gets to wrap her arms around Miranda with shit on her gloves.
Speaker 3: Yes, that we get.
Speaker 1: And then it says despite the overwhelmingly mixed response to the finale, Rodog and Zuritsky are glad the show started conversations quote, I think it speaks to the fact that no one wants to say goodbye to Carrie Bradshaw. No, we don't want to say goodbye to her, and not in this way. Right, we share that the bittersweet moment of seeing her and knowing she's not going to be around every Thursday night at nine pm, She continued, We should have been worried if there weren't a cacophony of responses to the fact that this was the end. We know better than anyone you can't please all the people all the time, but we felt like we had to do right by them and leave all of those characters in a good place and then say adieu.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Well let me let me play I have.
Speaker 1: One little more thing, because we have time. Zuritski has found herself stepping away from the Internet to avoid the negative comments surrounding the end of and just like that quote, sometimes it will surprise me and stun me and sort of wake me up a little bit when I interact with the world of people who I see face to face in life, a lot of whom are not on the same algorithms that I'm on, who are really quite passionate about loving the show and actually having no idea. She added quote, all they know is these beloved characters are back, and they're really happy to see them again. Oh my god. So basically, you're like, you know, what's funny is like all these just online people, they're not real. When you actually talk to people in real life, they love it. How can you be writing this season and not know it's shitty? How can you not know?
Speaker 2: Well, they know it's shitty. They know it's shitty, that's for sure. I have to read. I have to play this for you. Okay, please let me play this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is Sarah Jessica Parker from her own Instagram account. Now what you You're gonna hear it, obviously, but you're not going to see it. And it's just clips from the show throughout the last twenty twenty five years. Okay, okay, So that's what you're seeing her with Big, her, with different things, just all the old things. Here we go, all the way up, get ready.
Speaker 5: Cross streets, avenues, grub of couns. So it seemed she broke hearts, heels, habits. She loved, lost one, stripped, leaped.
Speaker 3: Fell, Sure, this is so long?
Speaker 4: She aged that wiser.
Speaker 5: She has made the hardest, worst and best decisions, wuffled near and far for the new, the vintage friends.
Speaker 3: She herself It's worse her shoes, hair, but.
Speaker 4: Never her love and devotion to New York City.
Speaker 5: She had dates, drinks, boyfriends, a husband, and truly great loves and romans.
Speaker 3: Mainess is driving me killed calves.
Speaker 4: She ran and heels and danced.
Speaker 3: With Stanford Sanford.
Speaker 4: Yeah, told the truth and she lied.
Speaker 5: She typed, wondered, wrote, published.
Speaker 1: When did she agree?
Speaker 4: Stood up, stood.
Speaker 3: Guests for Big, stood out.
Speaker 4: She voted herself to hats, books, shoes.
Speaker 3: She said she was already and the promise.
Speaker 5: Of the new day in her beloved city, and the people she treasured most.
Speaker 1: Who wrote this for her, Michael Patrick King.
Speaker 5: Honor Optimism and literally countless dresses, skirts and two tooths held on too hands hopes, and the very best of people. Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte. There will never be better friends.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And what great fortune for Carrie to come to Noah.
Speaker 5: Love, Seema and empty, what most divine connections? Oh my god, Ratcha has dominated my professional heartbeat for twenty seven years.
Speaker 4: I think I have loved her most of all.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, that was like fifteen minutes. That's that was so long. So she clearly like wrote that. And it's not even well put together like the montage. It doesn't really it kind of doesn't flow very well. And she obviously did it like she did it in a sound booth, and it's they didn't.
Speaker 3: It's very poppy. It's very smacky, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like she's reading her audiobook and it's very like I did not like that.
Speaker 1: Is this from a book about it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. It doesn't say here let me see what it says. But she she put that up and everyone's like, oh girl, I'm crying.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not crying.
Speaker 2: You're crying. There's a lot of that in the comments. No, let's see what she said. She she she writes, I cried making this words by the one and only Sarah Jessica Parker.
Speaker 1: So she wrote it.
Speaker 3: Well, then put a little of that in the finale that you didn't know you were doing.
Speaker 2: If that, I mean, if why couldn't Sarah look at that and go, wait, this can't be the finite.
Speaker 3: We can't do this. We can't. Don't you think that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh, she says, she never watches the show, so there was no dailies. She didn't do anything right. Whatever you're all, let.
Speaker 1: Me read you something, which is basically Sarah Jessica Parker's message to the and just like that, hate watchers, Oh fuck off, I really don't care. So over the course of the show's three seasons, and just like that, fans more from diehard Sex and the City lovers to hate watchers who tuned in every week just to make fun of Carrie's absurd outfits or Charlotte's lackluster storylines. Now that the show has officially come to an end, Sarah Jessica Parker has a message for the hate watchers. Hint she couldn't care less. Quote. I don't think I have the constitution to have spent a lot of time thinking about that, she told The New York Times when asked about the hate watching phenomenon. Quote, we always worked incredibly hard to tell stories that we're interesting or real. I guess I don't really care. And the reason I don't care is because it's been so enormously successful and the connections it's made with audiences have been very meaningful. And then this author wrote touche. Show runner Michael Patrick King had a slightly different take on the just like that hate Watchers when asked about in a separate interview with Entertainment Weekly, calling the show the press pinata, Michael seemed to understand that even hate Of course, this is an article in Cosmo, and they called they said hate waters instead of watchers. Is it really that hard to spell? Time?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it seems to be. Yeah, the hate waters.
Speaker 1: We're having fun. It's like a party game, he said. But he added that feeling isn't necessarily represent representative of the entire fandom. It pretty much is if everybody hates you on every article and all the reddit, like do you where are all the people that love it? It? There's a whole other experience besides the tip of the iceberg, which is the clap back and the fun and the what's that hat about? He continued, there's what's that hat about? And the more oh, breach, and what we're more interested in is what's that part about? And that's the show. It's both those things. Oh my god, this guy. And he's right because now that in just like that has officially ended. Whether you were a hate watcher or a tried and true fan, you're left asking yourself the same question, well what am I going to watch? Now? Who cares?
Speaker 2: That's just that's just so. I mean, she's so And let me remind you guys one more time. As you know, I was a very big fan, like Stephanie loved it too, but I was like a mega like I'm like a savant Sex and the City stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean I.
Speaker 3: Know my shit, and so I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 2: And I saw with my own eyes how mean Sarah Jessica Parker was to a fan. I saw it with my friend who usually tells me I'm being like sensitive or I've made it up, and he saw it. He's like, oh I saw I witness Witness. It was insane. She was talking to people outside at a Hollywood highland at a premiere.
Speaker 3: Everybody was on the steps talking. It wasn't even her movie.
Speaker 2: It was her Matthew Broderick had a small part in this dumb movie and it wasn't very good.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the movie. We're all outside and somebody just came up and they're like, I'm so sorry, Carrie Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: I'm just I love I know that's not you're not here about jaw, but I'm just like such a fan. And she turned and she goes, I am in a conversation right now. Yeah, this is in front of like loud, in front of press. I mean, I'll never stop telling that story because it happened. Yeah. She's charming and very intelligent. She's interesting to listen to in interviews, like she's smart, but she's also a cous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to leave. I'm going to leave you from from for me with this. A Candace Bushnell reposted to the author.
Speaker 3: If you don't know an author of Yeah Sex and the City.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so, there's a picture of Carrie, and then it says POV finding out in real time that Carrie Bradshaw was based on a real woman, Candace Bushnell.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety four, she started her Sex and the City column in The New York Observer. It was raw, funny and brutally honest about New York's dating scene. I think martinis, messy men, and Manhattan apartments. Her own friends and lovers became the inspiration for Carrie's crew, and she famously said she was writing for women like herself who didn't see their lives reflected in glossy magazines. Those essays turned into Sex and the City and the Kicker. On Instagram, she only follows Kim Katrel. What aw we.
Speaker 3: Should have led with that?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: It gave me literal chills.
Speaker 2: I did not, I swear to god. Oh my god. I hope people are still listening to this because I made them listen to the shit conversation for so long. But I mean, oh my god, that's the best. That gives me so much joy. Kim Katrel, you are listening to this show, and I know that you're not, but maybe you are Maybe you're scatting. Maybe she's scatting and listening now she likes a scat We love you and I look. I loved Carrie on the show too. I loved I loved the show. The only person I actually didn't like seeing on the show was Charlotte because I just didn't understand how they would actually be friends with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just didn't totally make sense.
Speaker 2: Great, But that said, I'm so happy that Kim Control really did get She really had to wait like three years to kind of get an exhale here. Not that she was waiting, she was working. She's been on a bunch of shows and stuff. She's you know, she's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, remember after the finale, she had posted something about like the end very long week.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, she posted a picture of sunset and she's like, yeah, the finally the end to a very long Yeah. And it was a little winky shade. Everyone loved that. Yes, I mean, who knows what she meant, But I did not know that. Candice just followed her, and let's hope she writes something for her. Maybe she'll like do she's leaving. She wants Samantha out, though she doesn't want some like him, does not want to be Samantha anymore. There's no spin off. Yeah, people would watch it though I would for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, everybody, hope you will leave you with.
Speaker 3: An Ah, but Dobby do me. Ah, but Dobby do me. Bye. Thanks for listening by