Speaker 1: So it's weird.
Speaker 2: You know when you get the afternoon blase and you're like, all right, I need some energy. Man, Maybe I maybe I'll drink some coffee. Here, coke, coke, do a little cocaine. So I went down the hall to get some coffee, and I came back with what everybody needs to give energy, A slice of pizza. That'll week goo. Yeah, what a great, great decision. That was cold carbs just sitting none they're waiting for you. Oh no, I het it dog. It's amazing. It's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. We got lots to get to in the remainder of the show. But one of the things we've been telling you about, and we're very excited about this is on Thursday night at Rollertown beer Works, and that's the brewery that Ben and I are partners, and they're sponsoring this segment. We are going to have a really fun of it. It is from the brain of KT and maybe just a little bit of my brain. I'm just there to nitpick KT. But it's called KT and Skins Atomic Music Bomb Trivia, and it is gonna be lit. Oh dude, We've already put all the work in, we have the questions and the mu music selected. Well, you got to come to the thing to find out. Okay, yeah, yeah, but it's gonna be so much fun. Starts at seven o'clock Thursday night. Not only that, we have nineteen fresh local beers on tap. Cheddar Wheel, which is a really great food truck is going to be there serving up grub. So come enjoy beer, music and food. It is going to be an absolute blast this Thursday, Rollertown Beer Works in Solina. We will be hanging out up there. I think it's gonna be one of the most fun nights of the year.
Speaker 1: Do not miss that, bad boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super super stoked about that. And dude, all the places that carry us in cans, thank you. When you see us at the store and you put us in your cart.
Speaker 1: That helps.
Speaker 2: If you see us on tap, like at the Nook, Yes or heyday ah in Solina. Fortunate Son, fortunate Son, good friend Kane Roso Pluckers. Yeah, so many great place carriers. I want to give one place a shout out. And they're opening this they're having their grand opening. It's called the Tavern on Broadway. Okay, it's in Prosper all right, and it is right there on Broadway, cool area, and it.
Speaker 1: Is just an awesome bar. You just walk in.
Speaker 2: It's got that dive bar feel or just feels like home when you walk in, you're comfortable. It's perfectly lit, the bars in the perfect location. Music sounds just right, it's just got the right vibes. Is this the same people that own the Inndwood Tavern? Yes, legendary spot. Legendary folks running it. And it's grand opening is this week. So if you if you're out Prosper and you have the chance to stop by there. Man, great people in a phenomenal place, why don't you make plans to go there at like five o'clock on Thursday and then come a little bit further to Salina from music trivia.
Speaker 1: You know that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Thursdays they're big grand opening, so you could stop buying your way out to Salina, stop by the tavern on Broadway and get your night started.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a good time. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: The juice moves, hot Goss, come.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 3: Do you know when these things you see something in a movie or a TV show, or maybe even live TV and it just sticks with you forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like when the guy landed on the moon for the first Okay, maybe that's one I guess you're saying on live TV. Well, not necessarily live, but you're watching it live. You remember where you were when you watched it and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in general, something that happens that you're watching on TV or a movie and you're just like, God, I'll never forget that, right. I don't want to over this because a lot of people do. Just it's the best thing that I'm swear no superlatives. I think what I watched last night was the best opening to a documentary I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: In Oh my god, you realize that you've just raised the stakes on this thing so high.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, and I don't like doing that because that could be dangerous, But it's so good.
Speaker 1: I don't think any documentary has ever started off good.
Speaker 3: Though, I know, And that's you know what, you're right? Actually, you know you're right. Usually it's like quiet and then it leads up to something.
Speaker 1: Nose is it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it about a murder? Is it not a band?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Music?
Speaker 1: Music, music, Okay, look at him. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Look how excited he is. Wait, do you want to go to Thursday now? When you see how excited he is. He just had music three times in a row. Yeah, he had to adjust his pants to make room. So last night they heard this on NBC. So it's with commercials. I jumped in it late and just fast forward through. So not a big deal.
Speaker 3: But it's probably on Peacock now as a documentary and it is directed by Questlove and it is called Ladies and Gentlemen. Fifty Years of SNL Music.
Speaker 2: Okay, there is so much SNL celebration happening right now. Fifty years is a really long is that?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, because I mean the next SNL episode is going to be Sunday Night, the sixteenth, a week after the super Bowl. That will be the fifty year anniversary. To me, four hour explosion of every cast member that gets invited.
Speaker 1: The Sunday that's not the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I did finish Saturday Night the movie, Yes your thoughts on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it. It made me.
Speaker 2: I immediately went and found it on peacock. Y'all told me the episode one was there and went and watched it and uh, here to save so great, and a lot of that I remembered, but some of that I had me wondering, is it is that real? Like? Was Belushi like on ice skating rink and refused to sign his contract like minutes before it started.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the ice skating rink part of that, but the contract part is.
Speaker 1: Real, okay.
Speaker 2: And and they had Bill Murray but they let him go for to cut expenses and brought him back at season two.
Speaker 1: Because they got rid of Chevy Chase. Got rid of Chevy Chase.
Speaker 2: That's one of the reasons Chevy Chase and Bill Murray hated one another. I mean, there's a lot of Chevy Chases. And I asked, it seemed like chevy Chase hated everyone. Yeah, and everyone hated Chevy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Milton Burrell tried to pick up his fiance and pulled his is that right skin? To watch that?
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was on Netflix still, Ben told me because every week I asked you where it was and you yelled at me, and then there was nowhere to see because I'm.
Speaker 3: The only one in the world there.
Speaker 1: To day it came out. Okay, that's fine, but what is that of theaters? Where to say it?
Speaker 2: You know what I thought about as I watched it, I thought about how much you love SNL? I do because I love SNL too, and I think skin does as well. Christina, do you love USNL?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 1: Want to watch the music documentary last night? Okay, yeah, but we all love it. And have you been to it yet? No? Okay, I get in the lottery every year. You can't. You got it. It's a lottery. We got to get you there. I feel like it's the least we can do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought about taking the tour the last time I went to New York, but it was booked up and all that stuff. But the lottery. I signed it for the lottery. I've been signing for the lottery for us NO my whole life. I've I've won that lottery a couple of times. I just passed and to a person that wasn't that interested in the show. Now it's like it's a bus because the studio small, like it's it's really not that many people out the size of this room. So this thing that's last night they get into and spend time on all the big events, and I'm gonna not be able to name them all.
Speaker 1: We know Shenade O'Connor tearing up the picture of.
Speaker 3: Elvis Costello, Elis Costello, the Ashley Simpson. They have the hidden audio tape of Kanyee against the Machine.
Speaker 1: Rage Against the Machine.
Speaker 3: There's even the punk band Fear that John Belushi, who was already off the cast, he wasn't on the show anymore. He demanded, like, you have this band Fear on And then Fear got enough of their audience of their fans in the crowd to see the show. And then when they started playing their song, their fans start running up on stage and tearing stuff up.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. They've got the footage of it. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's one I have to ask you about, just because I remember you said earlier about being somewhere and experiencing something live. So I don't know if this is big enough to have made it in this but I remember watching this as a kid and being like, what in the hell is happening right now? And it was Laurie Anderson singing, Oh Superman, is that in there?
Speaker 1: They did not get to that. No, that was like, that was something.
Speaker 2: I'm probably eleven and I remember watching the going I don't know what I'm watching right now. This is really really strange to me, and I remember it almost viscerally because it was such a unique viewing experience.
Speaker 3: So and they they don't go and order Questlov did a great job of dividing all this up.
Speaker 1: And now I've seen him do some interviews. I he was on Foul the other night.
Speaker 3: Clearly he's but the roots he's there, but he was on Good Morning America or one of those shows, and he's talking about how he had to watch every episode. Lauren called him in twenty twenty one and was like, hey, fifty years coming up, would you like to do something? And he's like, yeah, I just finished this one documentary. By the way, Queslam's got a sly Stone yees this year the week after the led Zeppelin documentary, which comes out next week. I'm a huge sly Stone fan, So I cannot, I want to say to It's gonna be on Hulu.
Speaker 1: I think on the fourteenth Those Rocky movies are so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is loble le get to that. So he questions like I watched every episode of SNL to get the to see every music act he goes. And then I started realizing I was just gonna do like the top fifty performances and kind of do it that way because and I started realizing there's a bunch of funny stuff, so they all should they get into the Lonely Island and all these other musical bits to the show, and it's all divided up very well.
Speaker 1: Spent a right amount of time on it. Hold on, do they do John Belushi doing Joe Cocker? Oh? Yeah, yes, the original Wildcatter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there's it's it's really good. And now all the people there they're interviewing are great. Well, I'm gonna play for you. I edited this and I didn't. I don't like playing trailers and things like this, but this is it's a minute forty five, so I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: But I think you'll guys will dig it.
Speaker 3: You'll see because the first five to six minutes of this documentary is they of montage of hosts saying, uh, ladies and gentlemen, here's the band full fit us, all right? And then they spent eleven months editing this. Wow, it took eleven months to edit this and they're just merging in these musical acts side by side and meshing them in and the music goes with it. Now, I made a couple of cuts, so sorry, quest Love. I know he's a big listener, but jo I think you guys will get chills listening to this and remind me that we're having music trivia Thursday nights.
Speaker 1: Okay, be good, fantastic?
Speaker 5: What this is?
Speaker 2: Why we're doing this because there's a France birthday living here.
Speaker 5: Here's a kat at it.
Speaker 3: All right, that's half of it. I'm gonna play the rest. But what's happening is the screen is just moving the whole time and a new band comes in.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. But was Queen on Saturday Night?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Queen and David Bowie for sure? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There's also there's solo David Bowie, like right around the Berlin era where he went out there in address. I don't know if they showed that. I don't, but I've seen that footage before. It's in the Bowie documentary. It's unbelievable. It's just a crazy mashup. Here's because it's good.
Speaker 1: We'll find young cannibals for that ass. Oh Herbie Hancock. Have you ever seen that clip? It's awesome. Bruno marsh part.
Speaker 4: Younger, Las Snead in the corner that's me and spun.
Speaker 2: So ten more seconds. This makes me think that they have multi tracks of everything they've ever done.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: Wow or you can't how much time it took, you know, for them to block the music guests like, there's a lot of work that goes into it.
Speaker 1: It's more than a sound check. They go and block the shots.
Speaker 3: And then they talked about how they do a little part of when they stopped just doing just the band and they.
Speaker 1: Kind of took the performances up a notch.
Speaker 3: I think Kanye was the first one and he like demanded to, you know, have a big set brought in, and now pretty much every musical guest has a whole new set.
Speaker 1: I remember the one Billie Eilish is running on the ceiling.
Speaker 2: I remember when post Malone went out there as like an Irish pirate. So watching the Saturday Night Movie, I didn't realize that they initially had four music acts planned in the show.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how do you do? Music's a huge part of it. It was way different in that first episode and it was different artists, like, it wasn't the same artists.
Speaker 2: It was the idea originally that was more of a variety show. And they originally I don't know if they get into this in the movie or not, but you know, originally they wanted Albert Brooks to be the permanent host.
Speaker 1: Did they get into that in the movie.
Speaker 2: They do not get into that in the movie, but it's you know, yeah, Albert Brooks was supposed to be the permanent host. He said, I don't want to do your little variety show, but I'll shoot four films a year for you. And so that's the reason that they're out Live has those films, and it is because that's what Albert Brooks wanted to do.
Speaker 1: And it looked like.
Speaker 2: They were fighting with George Carlin the whole time he was there and he was hosting it.
Speaker 3: That's how they played it in the movie. They didn't really in the first episode. I never I never knew that much. Did you just do stand up in between the stand up? Yeah, he was you know, came out and he did his act and the other thing about things like after a while and they got a rotation, they got or the routine going figuring out how to the show. Laurna had to tell Albert Brooks like, dude, I can't air your twelve minute short film right like, we've got to, you know, And they had to so that. But a lot of this is Lauren figuring out on the fly. It's you understand that Lauren's a genius. You understand that, and then like, I don't know, it's it's a seven minute clip on YouTube. If she's gonna watch what I just played for you, huh? And if you don't get chills, then you must hate music because it is just I mean, I can't. I was sitting there in a trance last night watching that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, though, isn't that what Jane Slater said about Shaboozi's performance during halftime of the Lions game.
Speaker 1: I think that might have been a Jane tweet. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she said, if you don't appreciate this Shaboozy performance, you don't like music. And I feel like you just said that to our ego audience about that, Okay, gosh, I am excited about all the SNL love and you know, I love the show, and this is that sounds incredible. I can't believe they can mash it up like that with video two. The one thing I'll say about the movie that confused me is why did Nicholas Braun play Andy Kaufman and Jim Henson. Yeah, I I one actor played two different guys in it interesting and I'm like why, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not sure what happened there? Maybe that's a tribute to Andy.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Rightman didn't. I don't know if he had a plan or what happened there. I don't know that was that was weird. Yeah, but he was good as both of them was good. Both of them are good. I'm going to see it. I can't wait. I've been looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good, all right, fantastic stuff. Kt U And when is that out?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: It aired last night? Oh it's all out. Yeah, it's on the cock now the peacock peacock.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah they do yeah, yep. All right, Coming up next, let's go around the sports. The MAVs had a clay day and we'll break it down next