Speaker 1: It's Game one of the World Series, and I'm happy to be here with one of my favorite people, the heart and soul, part of the heart and soul of the Dodgers. But one thing's for sure, he's got the best smile from here to the Dominican Republic, to Santo Domingo to Santa Monica. The one and only ta Oscar Hernandez Tail. Thanks a lot for the time. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for the introduction. I was a special one. I always wait for you to say special thanks and I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Hey you let me touch your beard, So I think we're almost Theremanos, now right, we're family now.
Speaker 1: Tayo, what a special season for you and the Dodgers. What does it mean for you to be here and to be such a big part in this world series?
Speaker 2: That means a lot. Really grate grateful. I'm not gonna I can tak thanks enough to God for every opportunity, every situations that I get just to help these things. When win a ball game, it's been amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Really happy to be a Dodger.
Speaker 3: I wasn't joking. I really do mean it.
Speaker 1: I feel like you are the heart and soul of this team, yourself, O, Tani just will not allow this team to lose.
Speaker 3: Have you felt that impact? H?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't wanna give me my own credit, but you know, UH, I just gave it to you, and I appreciate it. I appreciate it, UH, and I appreciate all the people that say the same thing. But for me, my job is to do the little things, to do the things that that I know how to do, and to do the things that I have to do, uh, to help these team wins. UH, to keep my teammates focused, to keep my teammates relaxed, and to keep my teammates had some fun. So UH for me, it's it's been amazing.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers they know. I'm really grateful for the opportunity and the fans for the support and everything that they have done for me.
Speaker 1: Ta Oscar Hernandez is our guest before Game one of the World Series. Ta Oscar, when you talk about Dodgers Yankees, I don't talk about forty three years ago. I talk about June when the Dodgers were in the Bronx and ta Oscar Hernandez had a series for the Ages. I hear athletes talk about visualizing confidence knowing that you had those type of games against that team. How much confidence does it give you going into this series.
Speaker 2: I'm always confidence in myself, especially now that I'm in this organization. I have confidence in myself, my teammates. We know we have a pretty good team and we can do a special things, and we show it during the regular season in the playoffs, not only me, it's gonna take every single player, every single staff, good decisions that we make during the games, and and and those all those little things and and displayoffs. Especially Uh, the pitching staff has been great for us, and I think they're the reason we are here going to the the World Series.
Speaker 1: Well, I know everybody looks at the pitching, but it's a lot easier to pitch when you got five or six runs on the board from the offense. So why has it all come together for you guys at the right time.
Speaker 2: I really don't know. But it's one thing that I know is that everybody's thinking about winning. Everybody is not thinking about their self. Everybody is trying to do things to give an opportunity to the team to win, to score runs. And I think that's that's what has been the key for us is just to not think about uh per numbers. You just think about what can we do in that day, in that situation to help the team.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's been leading by example yourself, Otani And how about the NLCS m v P Tommy Edmond very unselfish at bats uh.
Speaker 2: You know, he was really hot. He was doing the things that everybody knows. How he he he does is not is nothing new for him, is nothing new for anybody. He's a great player. He can play everywhere and he can bring a lot of good things to to this team.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, Jack Flaherty on the mound for you guys for game one?
Speaker 3: What why is he the right guy?
Speaker 2: Whoever he put Dave put in the mount is the right guy. We had confidence in every single guy that we have in that roster, and Jack is not a section. He's one of the great ones. He's one of the best pictures. Lee. I think he's gonna be really really good job tomorrow, Tayo.
Speaker 1: Can you believe we started in South Korea and here you are in the World.
Speaker 2: Series celebrating this. This is what we play.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to touch the beard again? After this series is over, Tale.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: You got it, I got it.