Speaker 1: You're putting we got some want or nothing out here.
Speaker 2: I can't go, but I know I did my better. Light came on and I did that.
Speaker 1: But they left and they did thing running across the yard A good sight, mayhap or.
Speaker 2: Nothing I look like to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was across the yard.
Speaker 2: It seems to be a big foot leaning against a tree in a wood an area.
Speaker 1: I have seen plenty of people with big feet, but not big.
Speaker 2: Foot tree lines and rush.
Speaker 1: He sees about seven and seven and a half foot tall sasquatch looking back at him.
Speaker 2: And that kind of looks like a wolf, but not like a neighborhood dog. Pick these stories for what they are and hopes that maybe if it's out there, then show me yeah, and says he might have caught the mythical Cuba cabra creature terrorizing his chickens like a grunt and a knock.
Speaker 1: It's like a oh.
Speaker 2: I think there's kind of a cultural tendency for people to want to make big Foot a quote unquote monster. Welcome to you see Bigfoot Radio. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to another episode of ECBR Bigfoot Radio. I'm your host Ganga binoa and I'm gonna tell you these shows keep getting better and better. Tonight, we have a very special guest with us, a very long time seasoned bigfoot researcher and a Bigfoot experience there as well. Uh. This individual, we're gonna get into talking a lot. Well for those who don't know him, we'll learn a lot about him. I will tell you he's an offer. Uh.
Speaker 3: He has witnessed Bigfoot himself.
Speaker 2: We're gonna learn a little bit about that as well. And ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Tom Kittroll And it's awesome to have him here. Tom, how are you doing? First of all, thank you for being here. This is a blessing to have you here.
Speaker 1: It'swer my honor and my pleasure to be here. I look forward to this since you asked me. And yeah, it's uh, We've got a lot to talk about tonight. I've been absolute years doing this, so I do have some experience with it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know. You know, for people that hear the number sixty five years, you know, for some people that may not be long, but to me, considered my age, I'm only forty four. I'll be forty five this year, so sixty five. There is a big number for me, you know. So, uh this is awesome, you know because people like you that have been involved with the research and you know that's whatever that has dived into this for as long as you have. I think it's very important that the listeners should really pay attention to what's going to be said. You know. So I want to start off with kind of a background, kind of fill everybody in on what you got involved with.
Speaker 3: You know, well, what got you involved in this? I know it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't till the h from what I re call from what you shared with me. Uh so what I read on your website nineteen fifty eight was kind of a starting point for you. But yeah, if you want to kind of fill us in and kind to give us a background on that, I'd like to hear that.
Speaker 1: In August of nineteen fifty eight, there was a road crew of roads building crew in northern California at in the Sixth River National Forest, and they came to work. They were working with called out of camp where they would stay in camp all week and then go home on the weekends. And they returned to work on Monday morning, and one fellow got to his cat that was warmed up and looked there were a set of fifteen minutes tracks. It came down off the very steep hill like seventy grade and down up the road around his cat, and then on up around another one, and then went up and then disappeared into the canyon. The fellow's name was Jerry Crew. In October of that year his story hit the newspaper. He happened to go to towny Eureka to show a friend he had cast of the footprints. Because of the being kept coming back. It wasn't a one time thing. Every two to three days there'd be there'd be more more tracks there. Then it picked up a fuel barrel, slung it down into the canyon, did the same thing with a twenty foot section of two feet the culbert and you know that's almost three hundred pounds of culbert. Threw it down in the canyon like it was a tinker toy. And he went to Eureka he was going to show a friend of his foot print cast, and the newspaper editor there Androgen's only heard he was in town, did an interview with him for the for the Humboldt Times newspaper in Eureka, and that was picked up by the wire services and I lived about three hundred miles south of there, and my father showed it to me. What do you think about this? He said, he was My dad was an interesting person. He had a way of instilling curiosity in me. And he saw that article. He came to me and I was fifteen years old at the time, and he said, what do you think about this? And I read the article. You know, it's nothing I've ever heard of, But we knew that area. We had friends who lived in Humboldt County, and so we knew that area pretty well, and it kind of hit home with us. So then I started studying more and more about it. And a paleontologist, actually the premiere most noted paleontologists in the world at that time, doctor Ivan Sanderson, Oh yeah, came to investigate it. And Ivan Sanderson wrote, has written, had written at that time like thirteen books on mammals of the world that were the standard for teaching around the world. So when he wrote, I listened, and his articles appeared in True magazine and in an argacy magazine. Now you have to remember nineteen fifty eight, we didn't have internet. Telephone was a party line system, so he didn't spend a lot of time even on the phone, and long distance calls were very, very expensive. So magazines were our internet at the time. That's where stories were disseminated and told and retold. And those two were Men's magazines, True Men Magazine and Argacy Magazine, and they ran stories for his report on it, and he was quite clear that this was a new species. Okay, of course. Then shortly after that uh Tom Slick expeditions in the same area went on until uh Tom was killed in the plane wreck, unfortunately, and funding dried up for for the for them. But that's brought forth people like Bob Titmas and uh he uh he'd spent a lot of time investigating. They also brought forth John Green out of Canada, uh Renade de Hinden out of Canada, And unfortunately it also brought Peter Burn But as soon as Peter Byrn showed up on the Canadians lap. But then in nineteen sixty seven, of course we all know Roger and Bob's story. And there again irrefutable proof if you look with logic at what's going on there. I was with doctor melderm just last November in Ocean George Washington at the Sasquat's Summit, and he did a magnificent presentation on the Patterson Gimlin film, speaking as a palaeontologist, as an anatomist, and how that could not possibly be faked. The ratios, and there's something called intermemberyle in dates. It's present in all primates, and basically it's a ratio of your arm link to your leg. Late in humans, that's seventy two. Now, I'm not saying everybody in the world will have a seventy two I am I, but I'm saying that's the center point on the bell curve, and of course there will be those variations. Ninety eight percent will be within two standard deviations of the of the center line. Okay, he used that. And if you look at Patty in that film, measure the length of her arm and the length of her leg. Her intermemberle index is eighty four. Measure the intermemberle index on any good photograph of sasquatch and you can tell right away whether it's real or it's not. Okay. Memorial Day footage eighty four fourth of July Independence Day footage eighty four, the Marble Mountain footage eighty four, Paul Freeman's video eighty four mm hmm. Okay, that's the I am I of Sasquatch. That alone is scientific, measurable, reproducible proof of the existence of sasquatch number one and the veracity of that film number two. Okay, you you don't have to go a bit further. You've got total proof now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not to cut you off, but I do want to add that. Back in twenty twenty two, for the first time ever, I've actually had the privilege of sitting in on doctor Jeffy Meldrum's presentation that occurred over in West Virginia at the West Virginia big Foot Festival.
Speaker 3: And it was the day before the festival.
Speaker 2: We had a banquet where he actually did a presentation after everyone sat in eate and and he did a very interesting illustration that point you know, that was basically the whole presentation, a majority of it. Anyway. It was surrounded or pointing towards the Patterson footage and the image that was captured and recorded from the nineteen sixty seventh film. And yeah, he added some humor in there, but the illustrations he used were like, I mean, I don't know how how it's the best way to put it, but it was like right on point. Basically, he had an illustration of a human being all that had some weight the individual in his presentation on the illustration to use with somebody that had some you know, I wouldn't say not just muscular, but they have some you know, they had a little bit of extra weight to them. But he put a comparison beside the paddy image and was showing, like, you know, in the Pattiston footage people some some rare people. Some people have stated to oh, look down the back, that's like that's the zipper line to the costume. No, look at the comparison to the illustration of the person that's, you know, wearing his shorts pushing pushing the lawnmower. That's kind of got a little extra weight and muscle attitude. There was such an identical illustration. I mean, the illustration was like spoke for herself. It was like, but ever since I've learned of the patis of footage, and then later on seeing the what scientists put into it, they can they cannot debunk it as being something fake.
Speaker 3: Because there's so much evidence that what's at you know.
Speaker 1: Every time they every time they try, they just.
Speaker 2: Prove it more exactly exactly. And Jeff Meldrum, he did an excellent job on that because you know, I'll never forget. Like I said, I've spoke to him. I met him back in twenty seventeen briefently at the Ohio Big for Commerce, but again just a few years ago in West Virginia, which is only about three and a half hours for me, where he does his presentation. I had the privilege of sitting in on two different presentations at the banquet and then the next day actually during the festival sub where he presented it again. And you know, for anyone who understands and knows Jeff Meldrum and his expertise in his field.
Speaker 3: Should have a lot of great respect.
Speaker 2: For what he does and how he examined the studies. Yeah, so that there, to me, with what I've seen from him and what he presented, just adds more and more credibility to that footage. You know, I'm very impressive with what he does. But he's good at what he does.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean he's been doing that for many years.
Speaker 2: The man is sixty five sixty six years old, and that's his expertise in that field is examining. You know, he's an anthropologist, so we understand what that stands for. You know, he studied the mot motive, you know, you know, the the gateways of humans and primates. Right, so, but yeah, he is on point with his presentation. If no one's ever if and from the listener, I got to throw this out there. If anyone's never understood what anthropology is, or who's never actually even set in on a presentation on how doctor Jeff Belgium presents what he does present you need to take the time to really sit in and watch and pay attention to listen to details. You know, the one thing I've respect about him, I don't care if you're a scientist or you're just your average joe out in this world. He will present to you the way everybody should be able to understand what he's presenting. You know, he won't talk down on you, but he will present things in a way that will make you wow. It'll blow your mind, you know what I mean. I don't see how anyone can misunderstood what he's presenting.
Speaker 1: And but you know, we have we have. We disagree totally on their lifestyle, right, because he has to work strictly through science. I mean there's people after his tenure at his college all the time because of the study his study of Bigfoot, okay, and so we have to be very very careful what he says and how he says it anything. He has to have the evidence there exactly. The difference is I've sat with them and watched their their family, and i know how they live. Okay, so we have a different opinion on that and what uh. We've both spoken at the Sashquat Somemmit every year it's been there, and a couple of years ago I went up to him afterwards and shook hands as well. Jeff us is we kept our We kept our tradition. In the fact I says we disagree with sixty percent of what one another saying, we shake hands and go home friends. Yeah. Right, you can disagree without being disagreeable exactly, And he says, yeah, he suys, that's strange as I'm sitting there listening to what you're saying, and I'm I'm disagreeing with it, but you're so darned articulate, and you say it so well, I find my head going up and down.
Speaker 2: Right, You can't tell that I understand that completely.
Speaker 1: I told him, Jeff, I says, listen to your heads, listen to your heads. Yeah, we have a good relationship. But Jeff and I and again we disagree on much. But I'd never sat and listened to him that I didn't learn something, right, You know, I've never learned anything worth knowing from people who agreed with me totally.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. Yeah, I mean you know as well as I Yeah, you know as well as I do. I mean, just alone, that nineteen sixty seven Roger Patterson Bob get On footage has been has been debating and dissected over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: Yes, from every.
Speaker 2: Skeptic to every scientist and every step of the field. But you know that's what you know, what kissed me is that nobody could debunk it. And now that's what I love about it.
Speaker 3: Nobody could debunk it prove Otherwise.
Speaker 1: You teach somebody like Bill Muns you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, graphic and analysts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, And I mean the guy ran the school and costume making for thirty years, forty years, okay, he created costumes for movies that we all know, and yet he goes through that not only frame by frame, but layer by layer of emotion within the frames and the you know, the injury on the thigh that ever said, well, that's that's that's where it got shot. It isn't even there in the original. That's that's that's something that comes from copies of copies of copies of.
Speaker 2: Copies, exactly. And well, many people don't realize that Bill Minz was the one of the very few that have ever were able to obtain original the original copy footage of it.
Speaker 1: Was first generation, first generation. Yeah. Yeah, and he went right to Patricia Patterson's home to.
Speaker 2: Do it right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, that's he did fantastic work. And I've had the honor to host him a couple of conferences that I did, and that the man is just fantastic to listen to. I had him as my keynote speaker at one and just told him, you know, if the times yours go as long as you want Saturday evening, and he just had us in absolute awe two and a half hours as he went to his evidence and summation. Is even if you had somebody that could make the suit which even was admitted to be impossible to do in nineteen sixty seven. You couldn't find a body that would fit in it.
Speaker 2: Right, Like one of the things I like to present when I do a lot of speaking Againe with myself and based off the studies and the history have research the best so that they had that I mean well, first of all, I mean people like to like, you know, like, okay, well this could have been made from this and that. Well, looking back at that, during that time error Hollywood even spoke up, So we didn't have nothing that could benefit anything near anything that John Jannis dizity themselves the best they had, the best they had back then. That came out in March of nineteen sixty eight, was the the first year of the Plane of the Age came out. Look, they were mony.
Speaker 1: That took four hours per person to put on. Okay, John Chambers said, you know, if that's a fake, that's the greatest fake that was ever made. He was an Academy Academy Award for that Planet of the Age movie for and he said, because I couldn't do it, and then we just simply don't have the material to do that, oh for sure. But they ignore that, and well my brother in law said, well, your brother in law's an idiot.
Speaker 4: What's your point, right, I mean, even with today's technology, I mean they you know, I don't know if have you seen the modern plan of the eighth movies.
Speaker 2: They didn't try to They really didn't try to change, you know, everything animal. You know, it's either C G I or or they've used actually modern day costumes, which well, you know, technology has come a long way. Of course. You know there's C G I and AI and everything in between. Us come up, you know, like even with King Kong and Godzilla. I mean I love those movies. Don't get wrong, I don't care. I don't care how they're produced. There is trade entertainment, yeah right, but yeah, I mean look at I mean, now we have there's Hollywood costumes if you just do you know, here's a thing I'm bringing up right real quick, not to get too far off topic right now, but uh, I mean there's so many cool bigfoot costumes out there. I've seen so many over the years, and there's costumes that individuals could buy if you're willing to pay you the high cost of some of these costumes from you know, some of the same costumes that are made in films, that are put in films, and the horror films, some of them are look very I mean you should just looking at the costume myself, it's like, oh crap. I would hate to come across anything it looks like that, you know. But I mean, I've had my I've had my share of experiences, but I can't say I've seen them face and face in daytime. I've had my nighttime experiences. But time, maybe time will tell, maybe I will find maybe I'll experience something later on down the road movie.
Speaker 1: You know, that's interesting because virtually all of my work has been done in daylight. I don't even know after dark.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but I feel like I know a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people do work, you know, after dark, right and have results. But that's never been It's not anything I've ever had to do. Like you say, virtually every contact I've had, And then my contact started in about nineteen seventy one, seventy seventy one, right in there, okay. And from nineteen fifty eight to that time, I finished high school, and I spent nine years in the Navy. And let me tell you, three hundred feet below the surface of the North Atlantic is not a great place to look for Sassquatch.
Speaker 2: I can imagine. Wow wow.
Speaker 1: But I did a lot of studying and I read anything I get my hands on about them. But after the Navy transferred me to to Western Washington, and I was living in the Olympic Peninsula, Western Washington in nineteen sixty eight, and that's when I could start start really researching, put the boots on the ground researching, and all the way then all the way through well through today. Actually, that's that's been my I mean, I've had contact with them from from Georgia to Alaska and uh and places in between. But yeah, it's just it's ongoing. At Georgia, we had a group of us, around eighteen of us sitting around the campfire and had two of them join us at the campfire. Walked right up behind me, standing right behind me at the campfire.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, where was this located at?
Speaker 1: In Western Georgia?
Speaker 2: A Western Georgia, Okay.
Speaker 1: About eight miles from the Alabama line. We were all, Yeah, we had a gathering there every year for five or six, seven years or something like that. Yeah, and wipe that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've actually over the last four years, I've actually heard a lot of Georgia reports and sidings first hand from individuals down in South Carolina. They have the South kind of uh, the South Carolina Big Festival, and that's in Westminster, South Carolina. And at that point, you know, every time I go down there, I don't I've never really come through collusion or really realize how close to Georgia that pardular location was a majority of people who actually come out to that festival when that when I'm speaking to them, because I have I speak there every year and I have a bootset up there, and I've had so many people like hey, wanted to share their stories and the like when you're like, oh, where did this happen? Because you know, I want to learn about locations and sightings so I can document them. You know, here I am and it's South Carolina, thinking okay, this is a South Carolina report. Then they're like no, I'm like it's like a lot of their sightings like in Georgia, but their locations are like ten to fifteen minutes away in Georgia. I was like, wait a minute, we're in South Carolina. Where how far away you live in Georgia? Yeah, then Georgia is only like five ten minutes away from here. I Oh, my gosh, I had no id, no idea or understanding that I was that close to Georgia. And when I go down here every October, I go to South Carolina. So majority of the reports I learned about are coming from Georgia. Yeah, I'm learning some from South Carolina, but most of the reports, I'm like very intrigued that there. Georgia is like right there because the line, Yeah, it's weird, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Northwestern Georgia has quite a population of the dude. We were in Alana get I think it was twenty eleven other conference there and stay cabin on the site where the conference was, and we had it around us all the time. Watch out the window of the cabin and seeing them run around. Wow, yeah it was it was cool. Yeah, and we had quite a bunch of others there.
Speaker 2: Right real quick, before we get off topic, Where exactly are you located right now? If you don't mind me, mask, I live.
Speaker 1: I live in the state of Washington.
Speaker 2: Oh you're in Washington, Okay.
Speaker 1: I've lived here since nineteen sixty eight. Nice transferring me up here. I got up and I stayed.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They wanted me to go back to South Carolina again. I said, no, No, I've been to South Carolina. There's no Elk there. I've looked and I had it all around you where I lived.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, okay, I was going to present when you told me Washington. I was going to tell you something about Washington, which is very cool. But then you said South Carolina and Elk. So my first year attending South Carolina, I was. I was staying at with some friends. They let me camp out on their property for the first year I was speaking at the festival. And now keep in mind, I mind you that their property borders a lot of woods, and there's this small swamp nearby with a lot of bamboo trees and forests and everything. And one of the nights we were out there, we're sitting there because in the backyard of my friend's property, you know, me and the other individual that camped out there and stayed there, we were ting camping in the backyard. And you know the family that hosted us, you know my good friends of mine. You know, every night we were to have a campfire and this and that we would do some exploring around the back edge of the property and they was shown me various different things because they had a lot of wild boards that would be on the property during the daytime. They would showed me the signs and we found hair that belonged to the wild boards and this and that, et cetera, et cetera. Well, one of the nights we were here, we were standing there and it was dead quiet, and know, all of a sudden, like I trust me, I've studied a lot of wildlife signs of sign and vocals, and what we heard next was like, oh my god, are you guys hearing this? And like we're clear as day. I mean, we're all listening to this.
Speaker 3: Sid you guys hear that?
Speaker 2: Do you guys know what that is?
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's a that's oh my gosh, I'm having a brain.
Speaker 2: That's a not a deer not uh what do you call those animals that they sound like a bugle?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Elk? Yes, thank you, thank you? Clear day.
Speaker 3: It wasn't close, but it wasn't that far off either.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you guys hear this?
Speaker 3: That's a I was like, I pulled that's a freaking elk.
Speaker 2: So you guys got elk down here. It's like, my friends like that owned the property. I was like, we didn't know what we did. I said, dude, that's an elk. I was like, I mean, we had the elk up in Virginia, but you don't hear about them that often because there they were relieved back in the nineteen sixties and then later on in the early nineteen eighties in the western marks of the state. But then I learned more and more how popular elk were just in Virginia alone, And then you got then some years later, in more modern times, they were a population of them were released in West Virginia right well. But while we were down there in South Carolina, I was like, I'm hearing this, I said, I said elk. I said, that is so cool, because you know, apart from all the wooded land and the forest that we were you know, you know, examining and researching through, well, there was a lot of farm land out in that general area. There's a lot of flat land, a lot of farmland.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that's not a cow.
Speaker 2: I know, my cow. I grew up around the cows and the dairy life all my life I lived. I grew up on forums all my life. I know, wildlife. We raised cakes every year and we slaughtered them every year. I said, I grew up around wildlife, in all these various different species of animals. I was so excited to hear this because I know exactly what I was listening to. You, I studied sounds of localizations over the years. In since I was a young kid. I was very acquainted with wildlife. It's just you don't get to experience them all the time, you know, depends on where you live. But when you hear them, there's no mistake in what you're hearing. I said, this is the nilk. I said, you guys got elk down here, so you know, keep in mind this is in the western part of South Carolina. I mean my you know, like I said, the festival, the Bigfoot Festival is in Westminster, Westminster, South Carolina, in the western part of the state. Where I was staying. It was only about twenty minutes from where the festival is right and during this was the first year I've ever been down here. To me, I know, it may not even exciting to many people, but to hear what I heard, to experience when I heard that was something. To hear it in elk for the first time ever, and we got a I know for a fact because it's proven and it's been documented, even if I've seen pictures of hunters who had taken them in right here in Virginia, but I never heard of elk. I had reason to believe that we have elk that live in Virginia because I have seen duran in the National Forest out here in West Virginia, where I spent a great deal in my life. I've seen very large hoof tracks that these, ah, what the heck did this come from. I have seen scat that looked like larger than a multi milkball that you would get in the candy store.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, and.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I've had people I've posted pictures of this and many years ago, and I've had people from out west on the West Coast that hunt elk and well view my pictures of what I posted as the scat and say, dude, that's elk's dat.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Not once have I ever heard of them in my research area, which is here in Virginia on the western part of the state. But I've had reason to believe before I've ever had confirmation that, yeah, that's elkskat I believe that they're out here. I've just never seen them because you know, I mean, we do have large deer. I've seen a lot of deer over the years. I've spent many years in these woods. I've seen things that people will say that even authority say that we don't have, like the mountain lions. Yeah, we got mountains here.
Speaker 1: You know, if you get a healthy deer population, you've got mountain lion's, I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: Oh. But just as kind of a thrown out there back in twenty fifteen, I've seen them. I had a witness with me in my same main research are that I like to explore and research a life. I've seen a black one across the road. You know it was I said, I didn't know what the heck I was looking at. It was something black on the side of the road, until it got them on all forward across the road on me. I was like, what the heck.
Speaker 6: That's not a bear? What the heck is that long ass tail dragging behind it? You know, And that's just you know, not to get into that. But there's been so.
Speaker 2: Many other reports in surrounding counties just west of where I've seen witness that. I mean, yeah, there's there's a mountain last year.
Speaker 3: But all your all your game awardens and.
Speaker 2: Your game officials every time they come in to check it. Uh, Like I've talked to so many. I've spoke to so many over the years, and like they'll come in and check it, like, well, you're camping out in these permitive locations, They'll come in and check make sure you're not doing nothing illegal. But you know, I've had so many conversations with so many of them over the years. There's stories are so identical. It's like, really, when are you gonna like when they tell you the same game pitch like, you're like, really, like you just listen, they're all the same, and you're thinking of one to change your story. I mean, fine, you guys got to come up with a better game than this, because you know, they will tell you that they don't exist here. Why are they afraid of them?
Speaker 3: Who admit that, Hey, we have mountain lions here.
Speaker 2: What's the big.
Speaker 1: Deal they're afraid the public panic?
Speaker 2: Exactly, you know, mm hmm, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable what the government officials do. I have an ongoing war with them. Uh, and twice I've seen wolves on the Olympic Peninsula. Told the state, Oh, they don't exist here, what you sell? Right, You're right. I've only been in the woods for fifty years and I don't know a kyout from wolf.
Speaker 2: Right, you know exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And uh so I just don't even deal with those people anymore. Uh let them let me live in their own uh A little little shell there. But yeah, it was elk actually that created my first excellent sighting of sasquatch. Now I had seen them peeking around trees and such like that before. I by my degrees in forestry, log and engineering actually and uh bridge, where I did I say that? And I've never worked aday as an employee for anybody as a logan engineer. I got out of college and found out what they paid, and I had a logging company going on my own then, and it was making me a whole lot more money than that was. But I did do a lot of consulting work. And in the state of Washington, if you're going to build a road that crosses a stream used by anagamus fish runs that's face that spawn on fresh water and go to salt water and then come back to spawn salmon, steel head, even lamprey eel. See that type of thing. If it's used by that type of face. You have to have a permit from the state to build a bridge, and so they would hire me to do that. Okay, Unfortunately as a consultant, they're on board engineers got the ones who were next to the road. I got the one that was six miles in. You know, then I had to hike in. But I'd sit there after I did all the drawings. I figured out really quickly, you don't hike back out six miles sit down at the desk that evening to draw it up and find out you've forgotten one measurement and have to go back in and the day to get it that ruins your whole day for you, right, So I would after I got done with all my measurements. You have to measure the wid the depth, the water flow rate, the soil types and and and all of these types of things and come then come up with a basic design for whatever bridge you're going to build. And so I just sit down on the bank after I had my measurements and makes you draw it out, make sure I had all the pertinent facts and at that time, I'd start seeing them peeking around the tree at me, wondering what I was doing sitting there by myself, six miles from the I mean, they hadn't been anybody there in the last four hundred years. Uh This timber was, you know, four hundred five hundred years old. Uh So it wasn't like it gets traveled every day because there's People don't realize this, but in old growth conifer forest, there's no game under the In an old growth conifer forest, there's no feed. Okay, so there's no game. That's all around the clear cuts, around the open areas where the feed grows. That's where they are. And so I'd hike back out do my stuff. But that's all I ever got was just those glimpses until we were we were shut down, fire fire shut down. One day, it was late September, the elk bugling, and so my partner and I decided to go go grouse honey, which was a euphemism for being in the woods with the awk for bugling, because we both loved it. And we came on our herd alk and parked the truck, took off after him, and we followed half a day walking along with them, and uh just I mean it was close enough. I could reach over to the left, touch cow, reach over to the right and touch cow, and there you could see a bull. Every now and again. It was rot time and they were bugling, and we finally got up up in a corner. It was clerk out on you know, two sides, and either had to come out in the open or come back by us. And most of them did come back by us, but a few went out in the opening. And I screeped up over the hill and looked, and here's the herd bow up on the side of the hill, bugling his brains out, tried to get his cows back together, and he was upset. He was really mad at spuked up the sideim He just lowered his horn and rolled him down the hill. And we had brust up his herd, and he was not a happy camper. So we decided it was time to leave them alone, let him get back together. And of course by that time we were separated, but didn't make any different scary. It was a forester or too. We knew how to get out at any place we were, and so I just started back, and on the way back I saw this clearing ahead of me. Now, you got to remember this place, This place where I was is just timber. That's all it is, is timber. And there was this clearing, and usually that means a water hole, so I just can't sneak up on it slowly see if I could see anything around the water hole, alky deer or something. And I got up there and it wasn't It wasn't a water hole. It was a little patch of blown down timber about both six seven acres maybe, and I saw two bear feeding along the edge of it, and they were they were eating oyster mushrooms. And I don't know if you know them, but if you have them back there or not, I don't recall seeing them when I lived back there, but they're absolutely delicious. You pick them right off the log and need them raw. They're delicious. And so I decided to watch the bears for a minute, and all of a sudden, one of the bears stood up to look around. That was no bear, m oh okay. And then the other one stood up, and that was the female. You can see the brass the whole nine yards. And I sat there for twenty twenty five minutes watching them as they fed long a little closer to me, and they were about thirty five maybe forty yards from me at the closest, and then I felt a gust of wind hit the back of my neck, so I knew I was busted. I had four eyes had just snapped right to me, you know, And so I just stood up, and I was sitting behind this big old spruce tree is about eight foot diameter, and just stepped out in the open. And he had stepped back and let her go in front of him, and as she laughed, she reached down, picked up a baby, put it on her chest, and she stepped back into the timber. And I said, before you go, I want to thank you for allowing me to see your family. And he turned it back, looked back at me, and I swear to this day, I swear to this day that he nodded his head at me.
Speaker 3: And then turned Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It was just totally awesome. But that was their first time that I ever got to sit with and watch a sasquatch doing going about their everyday thing. And ever since then, I just worked my butt up to make that a regular thing, because, let me tell you, the Diane Fossey Jane Goodall way is the only way to understand these beings.
Speaker 2: I have to agree with you because you don't anyone. For those who don't understand Jane Goodall's methods and how he witnessed and observed the wildlife, especially the mountain various species of mountain goerillas, and also those who don't know Ian. Uh what's the idan? Ian? Oh? My gosh, I have a brain fart on his last name. But there's other primatologists who have witness observed these mountain gerillers in their very own inhabitants, you know, inhabitants you know that have witness.
Speaker 1: That was Diane Fosse. Diane worked with the gorillas and Jane worked with the chimpanzees.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, Ian Redmond that's the other name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, And he he was Jane Goodall's uh mentor, wasn't He wasn't that well?
Speaker 2: They were in the same field, but they had different they they at the same time, they had different uh projects involved.
Speaker 1: I've read his name in conjunction with her. Yeah, it was her sponsor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Jane Goodall and Ann Redmen they were both conservationists in their own field, right, you know, uh, they have very similar uh activities where they both observed the Mountain guerrillas in their own inhabitat. I speak a lot about Jane Goodall because a lot of people are familiar with Jane Goodall, right, and they're more familiar with her and what she's.
Speaker 3: Conducted in the field.
Speaker 2: Not many are, you know, you speak about Ian Redman, they're like people like, who's that? You know? It's like, well, Ian Redman and Jane Goodall, they're basically the same. There are two different people in the same field, but also also different at the same time. So, yeah, and Redmond, which I've had many years ago. I've actually had him as a.
Speaker 3: As a guest on a podcast many years ago.
Speaker 2: And you know, a lot of people don't stand that these are the same individuals that who witness and observe what they observed, you know, as far as with real primates in your own field, you know, uh several different times and whatnot mm hm. But at the same time, you know, yeah, I use I use Jane Goodall a lot in a lot of presentation because she tends to be more of the popular name that's known, well known. Yeah, right, So I try to get people present and understand that Ian Redmond. If you don't know who Ian Redman is, he's a conservationist who's been in the very same field as Jane Goodall. You know, if you don't know, If you don't know Ian Redmond, get very feel, get very little clink tad familiar with him? M hm now uh versus Jane Goodall. Jane Goodall, she is the one when it comes to Bigfoot. She will be she's you know, she will speak on it. Well, I believe there is something out there. And you know, because you know she's witnessed and observed these mountain guerrillas and there in their own natural habitats. A lot of people don't realize that you know what she's witnessed and or she's observed many many times over and over. We could relate to Bigfoot in so many different ways. But again, if she is somebody who will tell you straight up, straight off, you know, on her own world, you know, and with through her own words that she won't admit, but she will tell you that she believes there is something out there that has not been discovered yet.
Speaker 3: She believes that there is something out there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I Redmond on the other hand, he's more conservative on the subject. You know, but if you understand the behaviors of these primates that we do know that it exists, there is a very close resemblance and on their behaviors. So I challenge people to do their research and look at who these individuals individuals are. Jane Goodall's a primatologist. She studied primates up close and personal, Mountain griddles up close and personal. Jane Goodall, excuse me, Anne Redmond, in the same way, of course, he goes a little bit beyond further with other mambals such as elephants and so forth. You know, people have no understanding who these people are, you know, Jane Goodall has been brought up numerous times in the big food field, you know, but people gotta understand what these people, what their special talenty, what there, what the researcher consisted of, what they specialize in, and how they understand these primate beings.
Speaker 1: So m hm, yeah, without a doubt. But yeah, that's uh for all through the seventies. That was my experience out on the Peninsularist, working and running into one after another over the years until twenty ten. Bring us up to twenty ten and I was in the Blue Mountains in eastern Washington and met my teacher and it was just such an absolutely wonderful occasion. The fellow is nine foot three inches tall, absolutely huge, I mean just shoulders that are five feet across, and he held my hand in his and when he did, his fingers came down to about here. Yeah, just an absolutely And he's the one I've written sixteen I'm working on my sixteenth book right now, and they're all ridden because of him, right, Okay, he's the one. He's the one that prodded me, kept me going, gave me, gave me flues, stuff to research, where to look, and it all came from him. His name is Zachie, and I still see him fairly regularly now. Even even though I live in an assisted living facility now and don't get out as much as I used to, I still try to get out some. And in August, I'm going to California, back to the Bluff Creek area for a week, right, and we're gonna rede redo the renevous we had there in twenty fourteen that was so fantastic. We had five sightings right in camp during that one. We had two on the road right in front of our car, twenty feet from us. Uh. Yeah, it was just a fantastic, fantastic and we're I've only got I think three more openings for it and and it'll be filled. I'll keep it. Oh wait, you know a substitute list in case somebody drops out. But yeah, it's going to be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah. Well Tom, Yeah, one of the questions I want to ask you, I mean, just curious, how old are you right now? Old? Oh? Eighty one? Okay, okay, So I'm glad I asked. I was for some reason, I was under the impression you were a little younger. But okay, you're eighty one years old right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm growing this for this summer's outing, that's what that's for.
Speaker 2: Well, with that being said, that just just out of curiosity, I mean, I'm being out of your age right now? Are you? Are you limiting? Limiting in your travels?
Speaker 1: I have to I can't fly anymore, drive, I'm subject to other people for everything I do. I can't walk. I have to use a scooter to get around, right, So yeah, I'm limited. That doesn't stop me. I'm still speaking at I think four conferences this year so far, and while going to so long View this weekend, and then first of March to Ja Halo's Washington In, going to Blue Mountains in July, oh night, yeah, and so no Blue Mountainyeah, Blue Mountains in July, and then California in August, and then back to camp. I work very closely with Barbershops group.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And she just lives twenty minutes up the hill from me here and and I really love you want to see somebody that does research, right, that group does. That's what drew them to me initially. Uh. I mean, if somebody finds something, it gets recorded, it gets you know, the whole write up on it, video, the whole works. Just fantastic job that she does. And I think I've got her writing a book out to you.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, I would love you know, I seriously would love to meet up with you and be a partisan research included with you. Because for the first time three years ago, I was flown out the Washington Estate and Spokane, Washington, I was and yeah, I was actually flown out to be a part of a big foot talk show. It was an interview, but it was for the show called Pocaine Talks, also known as UH.
Speaker 3: Bigfoot Today. And that individual who hosted.
Speaker 2: That, I'm having a brain part right now, my head trying to think of his name. Who Actually he's been involved with several different Bigfoot documentaries and uh.
Speaker 3: That individual flew me out to Washington State three years ago.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what, it was incredible. I mean, I wish I had more time to spend out there, and he flew me on a Tuesday. We did the show in the interview on film on a Wednesday, and then I had Unfortunately it sucked. I really wish I had more child out there because head I had to come back home on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Well, you're welcome. Look on my page at my website is just my name dot com. So right look there and you can you can see our our August outing in northern California. He'd be more than welcome to that. You'd be more than welcome to come join us for one of the Barbon Goldie camp House. We do four of those a year, uh May, June, September and October. Uh May June. We got five this year made June, July, September, October. So okay, you do welcome for any of those. Uh. And I mean we have lots of activity right in camp with those. I mean they come right into right into our camp.
Speaker 2: Oh. Absolutely, I have no doubt that you guys have. I know there's big put out there. I have no doubt whatsoever in the vision. I'm trying to remember his name. He Oh my gosh, like I said, he flew me out there.
Speaker 1: I think I know who you mean. And I just can't remember it either.
Speaker 2: Ah man, I'm trying to remember his name. But like I said, he uh yeah, he flew me out there interview me. And uh, you know, I was surprised.
Speaker 3: He he he flew me.
Speaker 2: Out there and interviewed me. And the thing is, during that particular time, you know, because the weather was kind of shitty. I ain't a lie the shitty the weather was shitty, Uh, I mean he I mean, I don't get me wrong. That short time I was out there.
Speaker 3: For the couple of days that it was.
Speaker 2: I wish it could have lasted longer because I had a great time being with him, and you know, an uber driver. He gave me a couple of DVDs that he was because they produced a couple of documentaries back he came across his on other TV series where he was part of a TV series where he was actually the main person involved that hosted all this. Man, I can't believe I'm having a brain part. Remember his name. But when he brought me out there, Yeah, he played for our hotel lodging. We ate and fed me. I ate great out there. I ain't gonna lie. Uh every I mean even the hotel I stayed at had a nice dining room restaurant there. The first time we ate, and then like I said, the next day, I brought I came up there on Tuesday, and it was Wednesday morning where we did went went to the studio to do the recording for the show. And even after that, uh, we basically did bar harping. We went to a couple of different bars. He brought me to a spoke in Washington and Skylift where we you know, we got skylift, which was awesome, you know. And on top of that, he brought me to one of the coolest resorts, uh, the casinos out there, so that was cool.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We had a good I ain't gonna lie. We had a great time out there. I'm not going to get that. We had a great time out there. Good Quest hotel, Quest hotel or resort whatever would I think it was so? I mean it was one of the very few resorts and the casinos that were one of the very few that were still remaining that was owned by a Native American tribe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well in the state of wors and they all.
Speaker 2: Are oh okay, okay, good deal, Okay. Yeah, but he brought me to one where you know, it was a fun time regardless. I didn't win nothing. But you know when we went there, it was me, him and his uber driver that he paid the transport us all around wherever we went to the uber driver because.
Speaker 3: He gave me like a hundred bucks of cash.
Speaker 2: He's the hair. We're gonna play one particular game and if we win, we win. Hey, this is great.
Speaker 3: If we win, you get you get to keep so much of it.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. I never won nothing, We never went up.
Speaker 1: But uh it was.
Speaker 2: It was a great experience. I gotta say that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm going well, I say North is spoken in June. I've got to speaking engagement up there right up the border there. Uh so, yeah, and it's fun. It's great. Sometimes in June, the weather. It can be a little raw yet, but uh, but it's fun. You throw a rock, do north from there to the land in Canada, and turn around throw it to east of the land of Idaho. That's how close we are to the corner of the state. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We'd lose you, Daniel. Yeah, I apologize by that. I kind of went off. I lost my connection here for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured that's what had happened. No, big, I was actually trying to huh, I said, dealing with these things, you're going to get knocked off once in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was actually trying to look up information you might know who want to talk about if you guys, couple of different film documentaries.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's had individuals who have been involved with what he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know the name. It's so right on the tip of my tongue, and I just can't bring it to mind. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm right there with you, because I should remember better than I had to remember. Uh. And I wish I could remember his name mm hmm. I mean he said, I got a couple of different documentary films that included with him and Adam Davies Adam Davies have been involved with him, you know, and a lot of it has to do with the uh what's that one part of it they did a documentary uh that were where they were based out of Alaska. I can't think of the name of the area. I got the DVD, but I can't think of the name of it my head.
Speaker 1: Having those weird encounters up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Yes, Yes, that's it. Yeah, Chatham, mm hmm, because there's there's been some very interesting things just happened to here in the year's past. I mean, yeah, Port Chatham, Port Chatham. It was with Adam Davies and the guy who put that uh event on. You know. Here's the thing when I was part of after even after the podcast interview that he flew me out there for IBY, he actually told me that, yeah, he wanted me to. He wanted to invite me and include me any new series or a new fielding project that included both him a couple other individuals. One he mentioned was I think Adam Davies was a part of it. Also Russell Accord, who is actually part of Yeah, Russell Cord, who was also part of the EXPI Big Show and the thing is it was up there and a part of what he wanted to do. It was actually in a part of Alaska where I needed to obtain or uh yeah, obtained a what do you call it a passport and uh which I had back during that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when going through Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. He presented everything to me and I said, oh, man, I had here's the thing. I had the time approved off to take off with my employer at the time.
Speaker 3: But I just I don't know why ever happened of the whole thing is.
Speaker 2: Just because it would have cost me. It would have cost me so much money to obtain my passport, and I was like, unfortunately, I hated to do it, but I had it back out because he was going to film. He had a project involved that it would have been a ten day filming project in British Columbia, and and it sucked because I had it back out of it. I just, you know, I just wasn't into obtaining the funds to come up with a passport. I never have.
Speaker 3: I don't have a passport. You know, eventually we.
Speaker 1: Can cross from Washington into uh Canada with just your driver's license. Oh really, provided it's the driver's license with the r IF chip in it. Yeah. Oh see into British Columbia.
Speaker 2: That was Yeah, I see that. I know that would have been a story because I mean they made it sound like I needed a passport.
Speaker 1: And you do from any other states. I think there's five states. It's five border states that that that's applicable to, right, and you have to make the crossing black car you can't fly in Okay.
Speaker 2: See now I'm wondering if they would have flown me into Washington State and that we were letting them there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good.
Speaker 2: I don't I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if it would work without a Washington driver's license. So right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I only have a Virginia I'm located in Virginia and I have a Virginia license driver's license.
Speaker 1: But I lived in Virginia back in nineteen sixty one, sixty two, sixty three, sixty four.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what part of Virginia do you recall?
Speaker 1: I was in Virginia Beach for the first part in the last three years where at the Newport News.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, you see I'm in a good three four hours west.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been. I've been all over it. But that's where I lived. Nine I was in the Navy. I went to Guide Missiles School at Damn Neck at Virginia Beach and then put the submarine and commission at Newport News Shipyard, absolutely and we left there sixty five, went to Charleston.
Speaker 2: So we're yep. So Tom, I'm just curious, what's your latest or the most recent big foot fighting or occurrence that you've ever experienced other.
Speaker 1: Than my teacher that I see fairly rarely. The last one was last year in camp with Barb and a little of one of our camps up near where she lives in Greenwater, Washington, which is about you know. It has a tavern and a store that's closed most of the time and a little gift shop and that's about side of the town. Not even any gas stations anymore. Yeah, And we were in camp near near there, it's probably eight ten miles from Greenwater, and I was sitting by the fire next to this stream, and the two people that had been I'd been sitting there talking with had something that they were going to do. So he got up and walked to the to my left, say, to the to the west from where I was. As soon as they passed this spot, a sasquatch comes out of that spot and walked back to the east where they were right in front of me, and on down the hill to the creek further down. Yeah, and just this year they had same type of sighting. Ashley Stinnett was walking down the road back to camp to the same spot where I was sitting. One of them walked right across the road in front of her.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They were sitting in camp talking and they found where they climbed up on the bank creek bank and were listening, like sitting there laying there actually on the ground listening to him. So, yeah, they're they're all around us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, I've you know, my, my, my, uh finding sasquatch regiment has become kind of the joke of the of the group because you know, I tell I take my folding chair, a cooler full of fried chicken, fried chicken hips and boiled eggs and dad PEPSI. I go out and open up my chair, sit down, open my kindle, start reading, grab a chicken hip and a boiled egg and dad pepsi and sit there wait till they come find me. And they will because they're curious they're a curious creature and they'll want to know why what I'm doing. They're sitting there by myself, and pretty quick you see him peeking around a tree at you, and I just start talking to him. Hey, they're big guy. I came to see you today. I hope, I hope you don't mind, you know. And then that all of get them coming out even more. Is usually youngsters the first ones to show up, generally teenagers. I mean, who gets in more trouble than any species than adolescent males. Absolutely, I agree, and that's what they do. They get curious and they got to see what's going on. But I have had an actually come out and just stand by me and yeah, I got to see the birth of twins in British Clubia. During our research time up there, my two partners, Brian Bland and Susan we did a five year study on glyphs. And when we started that back in twenty eleven, there was nobody talking about glyphs. Nobody knew about them, their structures and a little bit about structures, but not about glyphs. And we determined what they were. That they were actually the communications, it's actually their written language and Uh, we chronicled a bunch of them, and you know the ones we learned, we learned in Genaria. Uh and uh what the classes? You know, the identifications left cliffs that identified the individual and they made one for me, so they knew how to get a hold of me when they wanted it. I'll tell you a quick story on that. I was in BC and my Mike glyph was by a glyph that told me, told me something. I understood what it said. And oh, two three weeks later I was in Oregon, uh with a group of the old organ Bigfoot people, a lot of Williams group and uh, spent a weekend in camp with them. And we'd been out for the day wandering around, I can around doing stuff, got back to camp, sat down in my chair, looked down right between my feet because identical glyph.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there are marvelous a marvelous being. And anyway, I got to see the twins born, sitting with eighteen males asquatch watching the birth of twins. It was almost like a royal birth. Actually. Then in September of twenty three, I was invited back to Canada, back to b C by Brian. He was having a gathering there and wanted me to attend. And I went back up and the mother of the twins contacted me and wanted me to come to it, and she let me know where to go. I did, and she and the twins and her newest baby came out to see me, and I had the little and climbing on my legs. That was pretty darn cool too. That the twins are nine years old. Now that happened. I was They were born in twenty fifteen, January fifteenth, twenty fifteen, And yeah, pretty nice. But that's the rapport I have with them. And that's because for all of these years I've shooted him with nothing but respect. Okay, I'm in their home and I treated it that way. I asked them, I asked them if it's all right to take pictures. Okay, I'm not trying here to take pictures of you, but I want to take pictures as scenery. Is that all right? And then I'll get a and they appreciate that. You have to remember, they are a creature of respect. As long as they're respected, nobody will ever have a problem with any of them. Now, do they all love us?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: There are some that wish we'd just drop off the end of the earth and go away, but that's not going to happen, and they know it's not going to happen. The last thing you ever want to do is talk about protecting them. They don't need protection. If anybody needs protection, we do from ourselves. Yeah, you look at their modus operendi, the way they live. They're not territorial. They do not create and defend the territory, all right. Number two, they mate monogamously, and they mate for life. Even if they're midlife and one of the mats dies, probably they won't remate. Okay. Number three, they understand spirituality and religion. They're spiritual, but they're not religious. If you take those items there out of our history, how many wars if we have avoided. Okay, that's that's the key. That's the key. There are very peaceful people. They will defend themselves and they will vigorously defend their family. But at they're treated with respect, there is no problem whatsoever. If you have to, I have to catch one out and the open don't pursue. Let him go away, say thank you for suing yourself to me, and have a wonderful day, and they will they will come back to you. I guarantee you they will come back to you if you learn to treat them with respect.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Yes, the whole.
Speaker 1: World needs more respect. Yeah, I mean that's the one thing lacking in this world. Somebody asked in a post on Facebook one day, what's the difference between the nineteen fifties and the twenty twenties as respect number one? Respect? And it really is. If you don't have respect, you don't have anything. It's so important. And if you extend that respect to everything, you'll notice your life improving a lot.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're going to go to a commercial real quick, but when we come back, I want to ask you about the very symbols and the structure that we come across in nature. What do you believe or meanings are? But yeah, we're going to go to a commercial real quick for the next three minutes, and let's talk about some of these structures and they may relate to what you're just talking about. When it comes to respect, we'll get to that very shortly. Let's go to a commercial real quick, and we'll be back very shortly. Dcbro Bigfoot Radio fans it's time to grab your pens, your calendars and start writing down these dates for these upcoming events. In the twenty twenty five year, February eighth, the ECBRO is hosting a big Foot in Lunch gathering in Lexington, Virginia, happening at the Legendary Eats Cafe. If you have a Bigfoot story, or if you're just a fan of Bigfoot and you want to learn what's going on with the DCBRO and I know who they are and what they do, this event's for you. It's a free event. The only thing that is going.
Speaker 3: To cost you if you want to buy off the menu.
Speaker 2: And enjoy a delicious meal while you sit among other researchers. All right. Moving ahead in the month of March. March twenty nine is the pen Ohio hearn olmal con and happening at the Timoty Big Woot Center and Cretable, Ohio. Yes, that is also sponsored and hosted by mister Bill Rigby. All Right, jumping ahead into the month of June. Boy, do we have some awesome stuff going on in June. Again. I hope you're marking this down and I'll hope you prepare yourself to attend these events. June sixth, seventh, and eighth Happening in Marionville, Pennsylvania, the Forest County big Foot Festival. The event that's grown so huge it's unbelievable. You're going to want to attend this event. Over one hundred vendors, food trucks, and guest speakers. This event is something you want to attend. Not to mention if you'd like to go squatching. There is the Allegaty National State Forest nearby. You're going to want to check that forest out. Is very squatching. June twentieth and twenty first happening in Where's Ca, Virginia at the Where's Hay Community Center is the annual ECBRO Virginia Bigfoot Conference. Yes, it's right there, being held at the Community Center and Where's Hey, Virginia. Both indoor and outdoor.
Speaker 3: Vendors, guest speakers for.
Speaker 2: An activity and contest for the kids.
Speaker 3: You're gonna want to check this out. If you've never been to this event.
Speaker 2: It's very fun.
Speaker 7: You get to meet up with other light minded people, get to go out and hang out with them in the evenings around the fire.
Speaker 2: If you're getting a special invite, you get to have a lot more. You're gonna want to check that out and start becoming a part of that event, because that is not just in an event, it's like a family gathering. That's June twentieth and twenty first, so feel free to check that out and ladies and gentlemen. Happening in the month of June. Also June twenty sixth, twenty seventh, and twenty eighth happening in Sutton, West Virginia, is the annual Western Virginia Bigfoot Festival. Another massive, huge festival with over one hundred avengers, all kinds of activity and fun and contests for kids and people of all ages. Guest steikers, celebrities, people you're gonna want to get to know, get to meet and learned rome ladies and gentlemen. I hope you guys are taking the time to mark these dates and these locations down. If you have any questions regarding any of these events, send an email to ECB R O ninety eight at gmail dot com. Thank you, Hey, Yeah, We'll back with the ECBO Big for Radio with our guest Tom Contrel. Hey, Tom, thank you for being on here and sharing and knowledge you have been uh absolutely just before we went to commercial. You know, you were sharing some very interesting stuff. Uh. You know, one of the things that has been a big topic with a lot of the stuff I've talked about regardless on podcasts or improve my research and whatnot. I've come across a lot of wild stuff in nature, stuff that we can relate that we want to contribute to Bigfoot. But in your own honest, professional opinion from your observation over the years, tree structures such as anything that relates to what would appear to be exformations TV formations and maybe even possible shelter or things that appear to be sheltered, where would you stand on that? Do you believe those are possibly Bigfoot related structures? Because I can tell you there's a lot of that we come across here in Virginia.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of those are what you'd call a crash. That's where the babies put while mom and dad are getting their food, gathering food. M okay, Especially the TPE structures and that type of a deal. That's the baby thing. Some of them, some of the larger ones are blinds surrounding and they use them very well. One will stay in there and another one or two or three will kind of just ease the animals along in that direction, and of course when they pass by there. You know how a white tailed deer is that they'll follow the same trail their whole life and what he grabs them. You know, that's what most of those are. Okay, but yeah, a crasious what I label most of that type of structure as I'm not seeing a lot of them. Are area in British Columbia. Very it's high elevation, the mountains around it. You know, they go to eleven twelve thousand feet, but we're down thirty feet above sea level. Okay, so wintertime the beings there all up in the mountains, but pardon me, summertime they come down with the with the animals because that's that's their feed. If you want to find sasquats, find where his feed is, okay, and they will. This area where our research area was in BC was their winter grounds, so there was a huge population in there at that time, and they would teach the youngsters how to make these structures. We'd go in there at night, and it was in a park, which was the funny part about it. We're gonna talk to the park rangers there and they said, yeah, you know, you're not supposed to be any structures built in the park. Everything's supposed to be natural. So they would tear them down, go back the next one, and they're all built back up again. So they gave up on that. Wow, as if they do. They were teaching the youngsters how to build those structures and what to do with them. But yes, the structures all have purpose. The glyphs are what really fascinated us. We only learned the direct what basically what it amounts to. If it's for you, you will know it immediately, okay, and you'll understand it. If it's not for you, you won't know because you don't know the context. Take take the simple word bow and tell me what it means. It can be a ribbon and a hair. It can be a bend at the waist. It can be the front end of a ship or some of the launch and errow with. If you don't know the context, you won't know anything. Okay, same thing here. If the glyph is for you, you don't know the context, so you have very little chance of ever translating it except you can tell what category it is. Is it a personal glyph? To identify the individual. Is it a glyph that says go this way, it's in our direction of glyph or some other type. There's several different categories that way. Some we know that we'd know the meaning of asterisk as a symbol of power, okay, And we have one that we were asked to dismantle because the population was getting too close to it. But it was a beautiful asterisk on the ground and the bottom piece of it was about eight maybe ten feet long, totally covered in moss. The middle piece a cross piece. First cross piece was a about half covered in moss. The top piece had no moss on it at all, and it was tied in the middle. I still have the It was a split maple with that was used to as a tie around the middle of it, and I still have that with I kept it. But what that was was an altar. It was meant it was the transition from the old to the new. The old was clear, totally covered with moss, then half covered and then bare the brand new. See and right when we got there, right across the middle of it was a set of fifteen inch tracks, which you know, pretty is pretty good evidence of.
Speaker 2: Who built it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, and they use sword ferns a lot in this area and they grow profusely there. And I had a friend long one time, I go ahead and pick one of those sword ferns for me, and he started to try to pick it, and then we're going to reach for his knife. Cut it as No, I didn't say cut it as pick it, because everyone you see around this structure has been picked, not cut. So that you just learned how much strength that takes to pick a sword fern because he couldn't do it. And so again evidence and who who created the structure to start with? Always look for extra evidence?
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure, that's awesome. I mean some of these structures, do you believe that we shouldn't really interact with them? Or some of them? Some of the things we come across, should we stay away or because I stay away.
Speaker 1: If there's if I think that it's still being used. Yeah, And I find out a lot with the with the crash type where the opening and you can see inside is big enough to crawl into. But I don't do that. I don't I don't want to leave my scent there. They're using that. There's a reason for that. It's theirs we're in their house. I wouldn't crawl them go to you know, to your house and crawl in your bed exactly right, you know, I wouldn't crawl them the kid's crib. No, No, that would be ghosts. So why do it to them?
Speaker 2: Right? That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe they're more intelligent than we are. The fact they don't want to have anything to do with us. So it goes a long way to prove that that, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh, and this goes for anybody, even including myself, to be honest with you. But what when you come across these verious insurance and structures informations, Uh, mainly what what fears and shelters? Uh? What evidence would we.
Speaker 3: Look for that we make asserted that they're still being used?
Speaker 1: Uh? Freshness of fresh in my area fresh? Uh, sword ferns in them? Okay, you can tell how old the sticks are because they'll straighten it up every time they use it, and just you know, you can you can tell how old how long it's been there roughly, I mean in general and right, you know, or on the side of mistake, you know, b be reasonable. It doesn't hurt us to leave it alone. Ah, where we might be hurting somebody else if we don't, right. So, I have no trouble leaving leaving stuff like that alone. I just I just have too much respect for them to go into their house and do things like that. Oh absolutely, And it has been that has been well repaid over the years, I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: Mhmm uh yeah. A couple of the things before we come to a close. Now, Tom, you're author of seven other books. For those who are listening, is there anything that you would like to direct them too that they should be aware of or that you want to encourage them to check out?
Speaker 1: Depends on where they are in their journey. Okay, there's books written for all aspects of that, and a lot of people don't understand this. But I write some novels too, and the novels contain a lot of information about Bigfoot. All of that is totally true, but the stories a novel. Okay. The reason I do that is so the haters can't hate, and it frustrates the daylight's out of them, you know. And ghosts of Ruby Ridge, I told them, hey, I could have made that neo Nachi Colonel gay and he couldn't have done a thing about it. You know, I'm totally in charge there so and they can't do anything about it. But the information is there for people investigating Sasquatch to know. Okay, that's one thing. The other thing, I've got books at different about different aspects, and some of my most popular ones Sasquats are for a new Man and Sasquatch Face to Face are compilations of sightings of encounters and those are very very popular, especially the last one, Sashquatch Face to Face. That's why I'm doing another book of that genre with face to face encounters but more uh, more involved with the research methodology involved instead of a three page uh we ran into him on such and such a date, such and such time, as you know, this is you know this we we we have this group that we work and this is how we work. This is our logic. And that's that's the book that I'm working on right now, doesn't even have a title yet, but uh it's kid. It's going to be very very good. It should be out by spring and none. But I have again this personal books that tell personal stories and get a hold of me and ask me individually, tell me where you are, and I'll make a personal recommendation to you. I do that at conferences all the time. I go to conferences, sometimes often astley, when I'm not even a speaker, But I go because I want to be a resource for people. Yeah. It's amazing how I can sit there at my table and somebody will stop clear across the walkway from me. Are these things really real? Yeah, they're really real. Have you seen them? Yes, I've seen them. I've dealt with them. Well, let me tell you what happened to me in such and such, And before you know it, they're right next to your table telling you all about the encounter they had.
Speaker 2: Oh. Absolutely, I love that. I get that very.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that cool the way they do that. Yeah, And that's why. That's why I go to conferences. It's not for self aggrandizement or whatever. It's just because that's what I love to do, is help people with their situation. I was at you talked about Russell Acord. I was at his conference in Kennewick, Washington, first year he had it, I think I think the first year, because he had spent all this time I had a conference in the area of the year prior, and he spent all that time with me seeing how I did it, and I had breakfast with Bob Gimblin and I am very fortunate you could be able to call Bob one of my best friends in the world. The man is fantastic. If you don't know him and get to know him, he's out of this world. And Russell. I was at Russell's conference and I was speaking there, but I had a table and all of a sudden, I heard my name being yelled clear across the Amphitheator, Tom Tom, and just this girl was just running as hard as she can. And you know, my eyes opened and she just made a leap and grabbed me around the neck and was hugging me. You saved my life. You saved my life. And it was I was I was in shock. I really didn't know what was happening. It kind of ruined the mood when her husband followed a little bit later, but uh no, that's just Jo. Turned out she'd had an experience. She was from way up by a, Calgary, Canada, Alberta, Canada, and she had to come to this conference because she knew I was going to be there to tell me personally. She'd had an experience and it shook her up so bad she didn't know whether she was going to survive it or not. Her husband said that she was under care from it until she read in one of my books the same thing happened, and it was all right. I made it all right. She understood then, And I got to think that when you're treating of affecting people's lives like that, you'd better make sure what you're saying is absolutely right. You know, don't hate, don't hate. You know, not only that since nineteen fifty eight to twenty twenty five, it'll be the end of the year. But you know, that's a long time, what sixty seven sixty eight years.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: If I were ever caught it'll lie, it would ruin that much, that many years of research, because once once a person is caught in one lie, it makes everything they say suspect, right, right, So you've got agree, you've got to maintain your professional integrity. If I say, if I'm talking about something controversial, I'll say, in my opinion, and everybody's entitled to their own opinion, right, that's true. Okay, in my opinion, this is what it is, or it appears to be this. But no, I'm not going to say it is unless I have good enough proof to say it is, And I wish everybody else would do the same thing. Unfortunately, AI is going to be.
Speaker 2: Terrible for us.
Speaker 1: But then photographs never have been proof anyway, because there's so much you can do to manipulate photographs. Uh there, a photograph is no better than the reputation of the person who presented it.
Speaker 2: Right Ever, I agree, and uh yeah, I've been in actually recent discussions with others uh on and off, you know, AI itself. Those who don't understand what AI is are official intelligence is both taking over you know, the reality of what we see on social media nowadays. I mean, especially when it comes to bigfoot or even other subjects. I mean AI video, is AI pictures, AI videos. I mean some of the some of these videos I've seen, for example, not even with bigfoot, cryptis AI videos. I mean that could look like a young model talking and performing or talking over presenting something just to get you lured in. I mean, they have done such a good job. I mean there's imperfections, and there's there's a lot of stuff you can look at. If you know what you're looking for, you could identify AI from reality. But they've gotten so good. Shoot, sell the stuff that A lot of these fake bogus pages on social media will present AI images of these young female athletics, artists.
Speaker 3: Or models or whatever you want to call them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks enticing, it looks good, but there's always an imperfection, and even if you can't identify it, stop believing everything you see on social media.
Speaker 1: But that you know people last, is that real. This is what difference would make if you are one, that's what you would see, right, Okay, The first thing I do is what we were talking about before, And remember one days check that ratio. Okay, if somebody is smart enough with their AI didn't know to do that, then you won't be able to tell. But most of the people aren't. They have no idea what it is, and it is taught in the Natomi one oh one in every university in the country.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, well, Tom, I really wish we could keep it on going right now, but I want to give you this opportunity for the listeners. Is there anything you want the listeners to know, because I definitely want to have you on again, But you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think we discussed that with the respect. Then please have respect even to like I say, even to taking pictures. I'm going to take some photographs now, Is that all right? You know, if you don't want to be them to stay hidden, then see what happens. Go from there. Just be respectful, treat the outdoors with great respect, and treat them with even more respect. Okay, you're going to find out in time and a short time, just how important they are to our survival. The first thing that my teacher taught me, I says, why are you contacting me? What is it that I need to say to do for you? He says, for the first time in the history of man, and this is back in September of twenty ten, he is for the first time in the history of man, man has the ability to destroy our world without firing a shot from his big guns. And I looked at us, How what are we talking about? We're destroying the sea we come from, He says. Your media makes a big deal out of cutting the tree and losing oxygen. That doesn't happen. If you cut a tree, grass grows, The tree grows back the oxygen unless you pave it, oxygen keeps being generated. Number one. Number two, trees only generate oxygen a few months of the year. Evergreen trees like three months a year. Number three, All the land masses only account for thirty percent of the oxygen we use. Seventy percent of it comes from photosynthesis in the oceans and by killing off the major predators. You know what happens if you take the teacher out of the out of the classroom, the kids go wild and they.
Speaker 2: Eat everything in sight, right, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, When they do that, everything goes out of whack. When it goes out of whack, we lose eighty seventy to eighty percent of our oxygen. That's what they're worried about. Right, makes a big difference, doesn't.
Speaker 2: It, and our role they're still they've.
Speaker 1: Got a program on TV glorifying the roof in tuna fishing. And they don't know today if they stop fishing entirely for bluefish tuna, if they could survive, or if they'd been overfished to the point they would die out anyway, Yet they've got a TV show for glorifying it. Oh yeah, the majors. We kill the sharks to take what their fins nothing else, or their cheet yeah, or their teeth. Yeah, yeah, that's all right, where's the respect in that?
Speaker 2: Exactly? It's sad, but that's very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So please understand that and work from that aspect and learn respect in everything. I'm always available to talk. I told you my my website, my name dot com. You can get a hold of me through there. I've got a direct link to my email. You get a hold of me under my my on Facebook. I very cleverly disguise myself under my own name. Uh, somebody's aren't you worried about?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: What's something we'll do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't care what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I maybe one years old. What are they going to do to me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and exactly if I.
Speaker 1: Was fifty one wouldn't make any difference. I might be more prone to boots and tail. But but the point is, if I've got something to say, I wouldn't say it. And everyone knows that. I try to be beholding and fair to everybody. But I can't abide idiots. I'd never have learned that. But I want to thank you so much for having me on. This has been an absolutely great time here.
Speaker 2: Oh my Gosha, I love having you on here. This has been awesome, and I wanted to bring something up to you because there's others I've interviewed and I'll I've known for some period of time, including those who are part of my research seme. You know, a couple of those who are involved with my research team, and you know, they have yet to have their own experiences, but they get out there, they're there, they camp with me, they explore and nature and uh. And some of these individuals like my grand friend, you know, a couple of good friends of mine, but one in particular. Uh. You know, again, they don't have big for experiences, but they have a lot of grounded knowledge on wildlife as well as I do over the years.
Speaker 8: But these individuals they're probably they're just you know, they're not much. They're a little younger than you, but you know, they're like, I have a lot of respect for.
Speaker 2: These individuals because you know, they're not out there to make things up when they're out there with me, because they're they're retired from law enforcement, they're retired from the military. I mean, if they see things and experience things, I know when if they ever see things without me, I'm going to trust them because of their background, you know, that's right, that's right, you know, and they're you know, I like to believe they're skeptics, but they're not skeptics because they believe in Bigfoot, but yet they just never experienced big pot like I have. Oh you have?
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I don't mind skeptics. I'd rather enjoy they keep you straight. Sue Brian's white.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: When we were doing our glyphs study, you know, she, you know, she was the greatest thing we had because Brian and I'd get excited over something. She said, Okay, yes, I understand they do this, but what makes you think they did this one?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Right back there. Then you have to go looking for that evidence we were talking about earlier. That for the evidence to make sure yes they did this one. And you know, she wasn't she wasn't negative, but she just wanted to make sure that we were positive, right, okay. And it helps so much. That's that's that's necessary. On my website also, I've got several essays there on Sasquatch, some just general essays. I talk about some of my time in the Navy and other things. And it's just you're welcome to browse it. Get a hold of me if you want to. If you have questions, don't hesitate. I'm always available. We'll always answer. If you had liked my books, they're available there and I'll sign them and ship them off to you as quick as I can get the post office. I have to ride my scooter down her back, so it's got to be a little warmer than it has been the last few days there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's been pretty cool here on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: We're not we're I mean, we're bright, bright sunshine, but it's been.
Speaker 2: Cold and oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so but you know, I've got some books to take out tomorrow. Now I'm going to make a run tole the post office and it's about a half hour round trip for me in my little xcooter and it's fun to do, provided I don't get run over to crosswalk again like I did a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, Tom, I know, I know you're eighty one years old, you know, but you know't I'm going to throw it out there to you. I mean, it would be awesome if you can do it, which if you can't, I totally understand, and I get it. But you know, our group camp out. And you know, I host a group camp house every spring and every May, excuse me, every spring and every fall. Our next group pick camp out there I'm hosting. Actually it's right here in the state of Virginia. But I want to throw it out there again. I understand, you know, I know travel expenses, you know, especially right now, things are expensive to begin with, and because of your health, I get it. But you know, I'm going to throw it out there regardless. But if you're able to, if you if you're if you wanted to or are able to do it, the invite is out there if you could come out. Our group camp out is happening in May, May eighteenth of the twenty fourth breaking in Virginia. It's primitive camping. But you know, we we have a good group that comes.
Speaker 3: Out with us. You know, my good friends and Melissa and David.
Speaker 2: Lester, you're retired law enforcement in military. They have their double double. They're basically double retired from the army in law enforcement here in Virginia.
Speaker 3: And uh, these are individuals, you know, they're just a little.
Speaker 2: Younger than you. You know, I think David is sixty five sixty six years old. His wife Melissa she's a little younger than him. Uh bless her heart. She's just been going through some uh surgery and everything for her cancer. But things are looking on the plus side off for her already. Yeah. So yeah, I mean, and I have others who associate with me, uh that are a part of my research sene directly here in Virginia. That's some of them have had big foot sightings and your experiences.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish I could do that. That would be so wonderful if I if I got down on the ground and the sleeping day, it'll take heavy equipment to give me back out.
Speaker 2: Oh, trust me, you know, I totally get that. You know, even though most of us can camp, I mean I can't camp. I have to use a a car. I can't. I don't sleep directly on the Great because I have a bad back at my knees are awful, you know what you mean.
Speaker 1: But uh, in August, I've got one of the fellows was bringing a trailer. That's what I'll be sleeping in. Okay, if I can get in it, I'll be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. We had an older couple that came down camp from whether it was back in.
Speaker 3: October of the previous year, they came.
Speaker 2: Down from Pennsylvania and uh, yeah, they came down driving a pickup truck and they brought their they brought their small camper with them, which that's what they lived in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh and considering it worked on perfect because you know, they had you know, they had a generator hooked up to it because they had heat. Back when we came down in October, it was cold. We actually I wasn't expecting that much cold temperance, but we had like we were getting down at the low twenties, teens and whatever, and uh, but yeah, they came, they came prepared. Meanwhile, the rest of us were ten camping and had whatever we had to keep it warm. But I mean, my my tent I had, you know, cause I guess a good sleeping bag. I have sleeping bags that made for their vehicled weather, all the good stuff.
Speaker 1: I used to have all of that. I had a great tent and I had a I had a air mattress. It was about sixteen inches high. Sue called that my princess mattress. So I wouldn't do it, so I wouldn't be the.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't. I mean I could go on for hours talking about our experiences in camp.
Speaker 2: And oh for sure great people. And that's another reason why I want to have you on here. You know, I do I do uh round table discussions where I have like a couple of my research members and you know a couple others, uh where we're getting to talk about everything in between bigfoot and camp house and and you know, thoughts and theories, you know, or even if showing sharing experiences along the way.
Speaker 3: But we love to have a good time.
Speaker 2: It's you know, I feel like it's important for us to share and compare stories or experiences and all the good stuff. You know.
Speaker 1: We didn't even get into with the heating they've done on me. What's that If we didn't even certain touch scratch the surface on the heating they've done on me, I wouldn't here today if it went for them.
Speaker 2: Well next time, Oh absolutely.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a feeder for next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I definitely want to get you on here soon again, because like I said, I'm not always interviewed eyewitnesses eyewitnesses, but yeah, like I said, I get others who've been on here with the past. I actually the one one of the individual I was just talking about my friend David, who him and his wife.
Speaker 3: They're both military and law enforcement diary.
Speaker 2: And uh, his wife Melissa just survived some surgery through her cancer. I tell you what, I think, you would love them. You would really get along with them. Uh. Again, these individuals don't have big Foot experiences, although during one a couple of campouts ago, Melissa shared an experience that she had right behind her campsite.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: David never heard it, he said he was sound asleep. But yeah, she shared a story with me, which I believe I know what she heard because I've had that same experience with the same vocals, you know, a few years prior to that, just up just up the road from this ticular location where we can't do at that time. But I know what's in that research here. I know it's in there. And that's another thing making this a long story short. The East Coast is highly underestimated. You know, everybody hears about the Bigfoot reports and the stories and the history over the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 3: But I could promise you we had them here on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'd been there.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: You're preaching the choire there.
Speaker 2: It's just and the thing is not many people. It took a while for a lot of people to come forward. You know, you got the Appalachian Trail, you got all these mountain folks out here, and I don't know why they kept quiet for so many years, but people over the years, they got more comfortable because the subject has become less tabooed to them, you know, and it's been more open to the public, and so people have come forward. Even with me. I've had people share stories, uh, mothers and daughters driving up in the mountain range, you know. And I've had people reach out to me once they learn about who I am, and then they felt comfortable enough to, hey, well let me tell you what I saw, you know. And I'm not no one here to judge anybody. I'm not here to judge about I want to hear your stories, regardless if you're lying or not. But you know, we want people to come forward because I think the more and more people come forward, the more information we learned. It adds pieces to the mysterious puzzle of the whole phenomenon, you know.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I've learned about people to watch body language. I can pretty much tell when somebody trying to pull them.
Speaker 2: A light exactly. Yeah, what's interesting. Right before we did this podcast and the recording tonight, I had this phone call, which I normally don't answer phone calls that I don't recognize the number two, but I answer this phone call from LL phone. I said, Hello, how you doing, Daniel speaker and this young guy I can tell her he sounded kind of young, and he started talking to me. He said, Hey, is this Daniel Bin I said, yes, yes, speaking.
Speaker 3: How can I help you?
Speaker 2: He said, I'm so and so blah blah blah. I came across your number online, probably my website because I don't post it, probably everywhere. So he came across my website, which I had a similar website like you do. Mine ecbureau founder dot com is my personal website, and I do put my number on there and I share you know.
Speaker 3: Of course, the first section on the website.
Speaker 2: Is my bio and who I am, what I've been through, my experience, so forth. So I was on this short discussion for maybe about five to ten minutes, and this guy wanted to hear. He wasn't a bit put I witnessed himself, but at the same time he was like somebody he wanted to hear stories and it's like, well, I got my own story. I got a couple of different stories, but you know, I don't. I said, my story has been told numerous times over on various podcasts as I've been a guest, you know. But I told him, I said, well, I'm getting ready to start a podcast right now, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he seemed pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You know, but it's uh.
Speaker 2: I mean I get that every time every now and then, because I do. I have cards I put out with my information on blah blah blah, with my website and my email because I've learned and reports locally over the years that way. But this individuals came across my website and because he's like yeah, and he said, I said, where are you located? He said, I'm up in Canada.
Speaker 3: Of course. The phone number, the phone number, I want to looking at my phone.
Speaker 2: It uh, it confirmed that because I said Ontario, okay. But I was like, yeah, at the times, I'm getting ready to start my podcast and blah blah blah, I'm busy. I just put my grandson in the bed, you know, I said, I don't have much time to really talk, but I was trying to gather as much information and feel this guy out, you know. I was like, it's not often I get these rare random phone.
Speaker 1: Call you know.
Speaker 2: So, and usually when I get phone calls, I tend not to answer them because some even thoads that appear to be local phone calls, most of the time they end up being these random foreign telemark something else that I have.
Speaker 5: The capability of calling your number and looking local, So most of the time I'll let it go to voicemail, or if if it is important that they're legit, they will even voicemail, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I just thought it was interesting that the young guy wanted to your stories. He was a skeptic, well, he said he wasn't really skeptic, because he gave you a quick background on him. He said, look, I used to call and be a hoaxer or give the people a hard time. But he said, I listened to this one guy's phone call and his story some years ago. It made me start to think otherwise, you know, Okay, I get that, you know, but even at the same time, it's like, Okay, this guy wants to try to call me again tomorrow night, and as long as I'm not busy whatever. Yeah, I'll talk to you and I could listen. But you know, it's uh, like I've told other people with every story and claimed us out there, we got to take it as a grain of sell that's right, better right, If this guy wants to hear my story, I was trying to convince it. I said, Look, I've said I've shared my story so many times over the years on podcasts. I could directly to the podcast, you know, and listen to it. But you know, I like, if you really want to talk to me, I'll I'll be willing to talk to you, you know. But at the same time, in the back of my head, I'm thinking, Okay, a lot of these guys are legit and really wants to hear a story. I mean, I have no problem telling the story. But if he's out there together information to make jokes about people, I mean, I don't know me, but you know, I'm the type of person like I got to really feel this person out, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: If they are calling from the Ontario.
Speaker 2: I didn't recognize a coach till I start on my phone. It's like, Okay, they really are called from Canada, So.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, yeah, not likely to do that on the hopes.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. So I was like, this guy's like really wants to hear stories. I was like, I mean, my story is is pretty cool, but I don't take it as exciting as everybody else I'll listening to, you know. I mean, I wish I had more detail to sharing my in my my situation, but you know, like I even told him that my story is not that really exciting. But I know what it saw. You know, there's no time because I had five other witnesses with me, you know, and then plus other experiences in the fourth that I've been counted and experienced. But there's only one physical uh sighting that I've ever really experienced, and that was in twenty fourteen. But you know, but I can tell you what I what I know. That's about it. If you want to believe it and not believe it, that's up to you. That's how That's how I look at it. So yeah, but uh, let's see what time. What time is probably about seven thirty out.
Speaker 1: Your way in Yeah, yeah, it's just coming on to bedtime.
Speaker 2: Here, Okay, yeah, it's ten thirty four over here. I just looked up my phone.
Speaker 1: I hit about eight o'clock and read for a couple hours.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, well very good reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah. After I do what I do and need, and I tend to watch a little TV if I'm in the mood for watch TV. Depends on what I have recorded, like I watched Like last night, for example, I had this Are you familiar with who Jack Jack Osborne is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the son of Ozzy Osbourne. Yeah, and well he has he's had his own show for quite a while now. And I had this one thing recorded last night and I said, you know, I got to check this out because it was it was called Jack Osborne's Night of Terror. It was his big footed condition and his buddy also know I never use not that I watched it, but I know who he was. He was his buddy. Ja Jay excuse me, was the actor from you know Jay in the Silent Bob's Adventure whatever it's called back in the eighties or nineties, early nineties. Well it's okay. Jay was his co host or his partner on the show. You know, when they actually went and investigated some hotspots out in the state of Idaho. You know. Uh, they've even witnessed, you know, they met up with somebody witnesses and uh, doctor Mariah Maria whatever her name is from the show Expedition. Yeah, she met up with them. That was on part of the show. And but I was just curious to see how the show goes, you know, and I really loved it. I really appreciate it because you know, it wasn't all I mean, it was serious. Everything they did was serious, but you know, of course, being who they were, you know, they had they added some humor to it, which was great because you know, most of the documentaries of shows we see based off the victim and investigations, everybody said, well, uptight and serious on everything, right, But at the same time, they were taking their what they would do when serious, even when they were invested in ating out in the woods.
Speaker 3: In the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: And but I have to say, I have to admit that what I watched last night from Jay Osborne, uh yeah, Jay Osborne's show. I was very impressed with that. Man.
Speaker 3: This is actually only been watching extras.
Speaker 2: And Big Book because these guys they were, you know, they were being themselves. But yet what was experienced was what they heard, and you know, they produced some audio recordings and because most of the shows that we watched on an old planet, uh whatever, it's all entertaining. I mean, even though I love watching those shows just like everybody else does. But people got to come to realize that it's all part of right, it's all part of the entertainment industry. They're gonna do what. Yeah, they're gonna do what's necessary to keep the viewers watching. People don't understand that stuff. Even I have to remember that sometimes because I get drawn into the stuff. You know, some of the stuff pretty legit. But whatever they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna I tell people, the number one reason for every minute of television is to sell advertising and nothing else.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to call it off here now and bid you good night.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, all right, thank.
Speaker 1: You so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't thank you enough so much for being here tonight and talk with me tonight. Send me a link when this is up, so I oh, oh absolutely it's gonna say yeah, I'll have it up later tonight. If you don't. If you don't see it tonight, yeah, you'll see it, uh in the morning when you wake up. But I definitely got to have you back on here with a couple others, you know, joing to one of my open discussions on big foy.
Speaker 3: We get it talking about a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it gets into conspiracy theory, sometimes it gets on is random, but we have a good time regardless.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, good night, and thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you have a good night, Tom, and thank you again for being here.
Speaker 1: You bet you Bye bye now.
Speaker 2: Bye bye DCBRO. Bigfoot radio fans, it's time to grab your pens, your calendars and start writing down these dates for these upcoming events. In the twenty twenty five year February, the ECBRO is hosting a big Foot in lunch gathering in Lexington, Virginia, happening at the Legendary Eats Cafe. If you have a big Foot story, or if you're just a fan of Bigfoot and you want to learn what's going on with the DCBRO and I know who they are and what they do, this event's for you. It's a free event. The only thing that is going to cost you if you want to buy off the menu and enjoy a delicious meal while you sit among other researchers. All right. Moving ahead in the month of March. March twenty ninth is a pen Ohio pronomal con and happening at the Timomy Biquith Center and Brook Creel, Ohio. Yes, that is also sponsored and hosted by mister Bill Rigby. All Right, jumping ahead into the month of June. Boy, do we have some awesome stuff going on in June again. I hope you're marking this down and I hope you prepare yourself to attend these events. June sixth, seventh, and eighth Happening in Marionville, Pennsylvania, the Forest County big Foot festivalet the event that's grown so huge it's unbelievable. You're going to want to attend this event. Over one hundred vendors, food trucks, and guest speakers. This event is something you want to attend. Not to mention. If you'd like to go squatching. There is the Allegaty National State Forest nearby. You're going to want to check that forest out. It's very squashing. June twentieth and twenty first happening in Where's Ca, Virginia at the Where's Ky Community Center is the annual Ecbro Virginia Big for Conference. Yes, it's right there, being held at the Community Center and Where's Cay, Virginia. Both indoor and outdoor vendors, guest speakers, fun, activity, and contest for the kids. You're gonna want to check this out if you've never been to this event. It's very fun.
Speaker 7: You get to meet up with other light minded people, get to go out and hang out with them in the evenings.
Speaker 2: Around them fire. If you're you get that special invite, you get to have a lot more. You're gonna want to check that out and start becoming a part of that event because that is not just in an event, it's like a family gathering. That's June twentieth and twenty first, so feel free to check that out. And ladies and gentlemen. Happening in the month of June. Also June twenty sixth, twenty seventh, and twenty eight happening in Sutton, West Virginia is the annual Western Virginia you have Bigfoot Festival. Another massive, huge festival with over one hundred of vendors, all kinds of activity and fun and contests for kids and people of all ages. Guest sneakers, celebrities, people you're gonna want to get to know and get to meet and learn Rome. Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you guys are taking the time to mark these dates and these locations down. If you have any questions regarding any of these events, send an email to ecb R O ninety eight at gmail dot com. Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you mark those calendars. I hope you mark your calendars because those dates are very special. And if you have never attended any Bigfoot festival or event or conference, you don't know what you're missing because you know these events. When you attend these events and you get to meet, like mind an individual regardless of their celebrities or not or TV personalities.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of people that attend.
Speaker 2: These events, they have stories. You know, a lot of people that attend these events are locals that you would clearly underestimate. But I'm telling you don't answer. Don't underestimate anybody that's coming to attendees events because there's people that know a lot more than our TV personalities. I mean, these events are for those who have experiences and you know, for those who like me Daniel Benoit, who is a Bigfoot researcher. I take notes and I document a lot of these reports. And that's why attending these events, you get to meet these people, get to know these people, You get familiar with these people, and you get close to these people, and you become really good friends with these people. So ladies and gentlemen don't ever under us to make the people at these events, you know. So I'm promoting these events because these events and not just because of friends I know or those who are putting on these events. These are events that we welcome everybody to come share their stories and their encounters. We'll learn more from others because as a Bigfoot researcher who's been involved with us for over fifteen years. Yes, I'm featured in several different documentaries. I've never been on a TV show. Well, actually, I take that back. Yes, I have Bigfoot Today recorded out and spoke in Washington over back in twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two. I was honored to be flown out to Washington Estate to be a part of that TV show. But anyway, apart from that, I've been featured in several different Bigfoot documentaries based off of my encounters night experiences. So ladies, gentlemen, that does not make me a celebrity. But you know what, someone who's been out there and that's not afraid to put themselves out there. You know, I have many experiences over the years. I've done a lot of research both in and out of the field. I encourage you to come check this out, learn from those who've studied. You know, not every celebrity out there is out there put the name out there just to get It's not a popularity contest. I can tell you that it's not a popularity contest. But there's some of us out there that have done so much research and studies both in and out of the field where we put ourselves out there. It's such as myself to spread awareness. There's information out there that we want people to understand and know and learn based off of our conclusion and also observations. So with that being said, ladies and gentlemen, these events, you'll find me at these events. You will find me at these events, and as far as ecb R O big for Radio, Ladies and gentlemen, spread the word because it's only going to get bigger. It's only going to get huge. We want you to be a part of this show and follow me on Facebook and all the social media social media platforms. You want to check out my website. E C b r O Founder dot com. Again, that's e C b r OH founder dot com and I'm your host of the e C b r O Annual Virginia Bigfoot Conference That's Happened. That happens every June in the state of Virginia. So, ladies and gentlemen, keep the squatchy and I hope to hear from you. I hope that you continue to follow our radio program and share around, spread awareness and be a part of the program. Keep it squatching, my friends, until next time. This is Daniel bin Waugh, founder of the ECBRO Wildlife and Bigfoot researcher. To the next time,