Speaker 1: Six news great.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, can you hear me? You cannot hear me? You can't hear me?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, very loud, amazing, Oh okay, I turn it down, am I good? And we can hear you. Sis. Hello, How are you welcome? Welcome?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so happy to be here to talk to you about these headlines.
Speaker 1: So happy to have you as well.
Speaker 3: Now let's give the people some context. Where are you joining us from? How did you become so on point? Because you are one of these people that I just came across on the internets who never misses. You've always landed on the right side of right, and I'm always.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, exactly, yes, exactly. So can you please tell people a little bit yourself. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So I am joining you from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am a law professor. I teach constitutional law at the University of Minnesota. I focus on the First Amendment, speech and press through a critical race theory lens, and that means I spend a lot of time with the ancestors. And as long as you spend time with the ancestors, you go end up on the right side of history.
Speaker 1: If you spend time with them.
Speaker 2: You heat they lessons, right, you treat them as whole human beings, full of nuanced and complexity.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be on the right side. So you know, I think that's part of when you got right over your shows. I do.
Speaker 2: I got itavia back there. Look, I got marredin up there kind of folks.
Speaker 1: We keep them all together, let's see, I see you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a lot of what I do is trying to think about the way in which democracy is experienced in a racialized state, and right now we're at an inflection point of that. So I think, you know, I didn't know it before, but I was being prepared for this moment. I have something meaningful to say, so I try to use that as best stocking.
Speaker 3: Here's just a random question I'm throwing out to you because I was thinking about it this morning. When I was on the road this week, someone asked me, well, what is gonna be the difference? Because I keep telling people like Israel is about to colonize the United States, and even if they don't say it that way, that's what's actually happening. I don't know if y'all know this, but they were flying the Israel flag on the White House yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And also I saw a video the other day of somebody I can't remember who it was, but they were hugging Donald Trump saying he's the first Jewish president. So like this is a real thing happened either, And so I told them, I said, well, we're going to experience apartheid, but in a much more outward fashion, like they're already talking about we're going to have to start carrying our passports because IDs are not going to be enough. And I said, we are already experiencing a certain level of apartheid, first with white people in this nation and the way the Justice Department deals with them differently, but also in the way that we see Zionis being dealt with differently, because the First Amendment rights that are given to Zionists are not given to people who are Propoucinian. So have you started to kind of expand at all your lens under of looking through the racialized lens to include Zionism?
Speaker 2: Meth So, what I tell people is that the United States has never not been a racialized apartheid. It's just typically been confined to.
Speaker 1: The darkest folks and the folks who.
Speaker 2: And by the darkest folks, I mean black folks, right, And so what we're seeing I want people to stop treating what we're seeing as an aberration. The problem is just that we don't know this nation's history, and that's also on purpose, and so we think how Zionism is being treated is somehow an aberration, or the Antifa attacks are an aberration. We have never allowed people who were pro humanity, who were pro civil rights, who were pro human rights to speak freely in this country. It is part of the foundational structure. It is part of this country's architecture. There's a great line by W. E. B. Du Bois where he's testifying in front of Congress and he talks about how the United States creates which words to stop people from speaking freely. And he says, at first the rich word, the witch word, was abolitionists, and then it was socialists and communists. And I would argue, and that's the climate, the context in which he's speaking at that moment, but I would argue that now that word is terrorist, Oh absolutely, And so we levy it of course at pro Palestine protesters, because we have this architecture in place.
Speaker 1: We've just now repurposed it for the moment.
Speaker 2: Right, Even all of the things that Project twenty five and I know you're going to get to Project twenty twenty six or the revamp of it are doing are actually a continuation of the history of this kind of architecture. It's just that they fought so hard and been so effective at keeping this history out of school, at keeping it out of the mainstream media, at keeping it inaccessible, that people don't have it to frame what's happening in this moment. So it's not actually like we're moving in a new direction. It's just that what's been confined to the mark and to black folks and to pro human folks is now reaching the mainstream, is now migrating to the rest of society, and they're trying to establish it as the paradigm explicitly in a way that it's historically kind of been laundered under the patriotism, under the security banner.
Speaker 1: They're still trying it.
Speaker 2: It's just not as effective, and if it's not effective, they'll use brute force. I think that's I think that's the difference of anything, is that we're entering up we will brute force everyone. We used to just do it to black folks and socialists and communists. Now we will make you into the person we need to do it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but isn't the new part what they're contextualizing it into. I mean, I feel like I never heard of anti zion I never heard of anti Semitism, or I never heard of anti Semitism as a brute force effort, as a brute force tool until the last two years.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. I think that's right.
Speaker 2: I think that certainly this is the latest iteration of it, but I think it's important. So why That's what I'm trying to get at. I keep I feel like people.
Speaker 3: Are really not riding with me on this, and I'm I'm right, and I need y'all to understand this because the people in these positions are Zionists. Like at one point in time, it used to be, oh, everybody's white in these positions, and now it's that everybody is a Zionist in these positions.
Speaker 1: Like the legal field in the United States is very much run by.
Speaker 3: Zionists, right, Like the actual Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: I mean, they may not be Jewish, but they're Zionists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Zionism, right, now the political Zionism that you're talking about is the nucleus a Zionism.
Speaker 1: There is sure sure won't disagree Israel right right right, right right right, right right right. That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Right Like, if we think about what Israel represents right on the global geopolitical stage, it is the culmination of what all of these earlier iterations have represented, right is it is so so there are three things I argue will always provoke the most violent response from the United States.
Speaker 1: And why you didn't see the kind.
Speaker 2: Of violent response at the No Kings protests, right it is anti white supremacy, anti militarism, and anti capitalism.
Speaker 1: If you attack any of these three things, and especially.
Speaker 2: If you attack them all, you will provoke the most violent response from the state. Right, on many levels, Israel functions as a proxy for the United States for those efforts.
Speaker 1: For those pursuits.
Speaker 2: It is when you talk about building what do they call it, the riviera or whatever they're talking about building in the Gaza strip, When you talk about the defense contracts and the amount of money that's flowing over there, When you talk about the history of colonialism, when you talk about colonization and the eradication of indigenous people. You are speaking to the heart of white supremacy. You are speaking to the heart of the military industrial complex, you are speaking to the heart of capitalism. And so those elements of our society are the foundational building blocks of this country and have always been, and so anytime you are trying to make inroads into reallocating the power that has a mass within that structure, you are going to provoke the most violent response. The Palestine Israel conflict is the latest front of that in our society and one that we're all intimately connected to in a way that we haven't seen in those past iterations because of how social media is functioning, because of the way that the Internet has allowed us to connect to one another. But you had a I mean, a lot of the things that we're seeing deporting people, vilifying people, attacking universities, we saw in the early nineteen hundreds and early twentieth century with communists and socialist movements. We saw with civil rights activists during the sixties, from the forties to the sixties. We saw during the Antebellum period with abolitionists. It's just that we all weren't watching it unfold on our phones, and we didn't have those real on the ground account to compare it to the propagandized media machine, political machine that was fast at work in a way that now we kind of have this to mitigate, which I think is making us more engaged, which is why this one feels so visceral. This one feels so poignant because we're experiencing it in a way that we haven't experienced these earlier iterations.
Speaker 1: But this is the United States, United States.
Speaker 3: It is I just I think that we are shortsighted in thinking that this is about the United States.
Speaker 1: And I'm just gonna say that I agree.
Speaker 3: I think what we I think that that that's the thing that I'm trying to get us intellectuals to kind of expound upon, is because we're literally seeing Zionists steal property in the United States the same way they're doing in Palestine. I just saw a man who is uh serving time right now for stealing twenty homes. He sold twenty people's homes in New York grand larceny, and the judge for his next case said, you know what, We're gonna give you time served, and so for this for these new twenty homes that he's because he already was serving time for something else. So now he's serving time now. He was on trial for twenty homes that he stole in Brooklyn, to my understanding, and the judge gave him time served, and he's not going to serve a day longer.
Speaker 1: But this also mirrors Donald He's and he's a he's a he's doing He's a Zionist. He is a Jews Hionist.
Speaker 2: This also mirrors, though Donald Trump pardoning the home healthcare guy who stole the millions of dollars, and then him partning the drug trafficker guy from Honduras. And what I'm just trying to say, so I would say two things back to what you said about about I would say one thing in response to the this is not about the United States. And one of the ways I think that that is really evident. I saw someone on Democracy Now summarize this really well, and they were explaining that.
Speaker 1: They were saying that.
Speaker 2: This group of people, the cabal of folks who exist for example, around Epstein, are not tethered to a nation in the way that they're tethered to each other. They use the globe as their terrain right.
Speaker 1: It is not a United States.
Speaker 2: So I think thinking framing it in terms of it's not about the United States, and that the United States is not.
Speaker 1: The pinnacle of the pursuit.
Speaker 2: It's just one more hub that these people used to operate from, right, and it has the kind of military infrastructure that allows them.
Speaker 1: To wield global power.
Speaker 2: Right, And so I think it's important for us to think about this in terms of there's no allegiance to the United States surviving right. I think that that is probably the biggest misconception, is that people believe that there's some loyalty or prioritization of the United States making it.
Speaker 1: There is not no right.
Speaker 2: There is a priority for these people to make it, and to the extent that they can use the United States to advance that, they are inclined to do so. Right On the flip side, though, the other reason I want to I think you're right about the way Zionism is being used. But I think Zionism is being used not for the purposes of Zionism itself, but because Zionism is such it's so conducive to these other priorities. That's why you get the Hondur's President, That's why you get the pardons in these other ways. That's why the things have been Listen, this is about some fundamental priorities for these people in charge, and whatever tools they can use to advance that agenda, they will, right, And.
Speaker 3: This their agenda is to be one of the tools, right, Like their their agenda is is to take Like it sounds very pinky in the brain, but their agenda is to take over the world.
Speaker 1: You're run by marble villains. I mean, it's absolutely marble villains who are in charge.
Speaker 3: So I just find that as I'm watching these things happen, Like even the conversations around Jasmine Crockett, people are like, well, why does it matter? Then I see James Talerico, you know, on an interview today and it's like, well, I have some really good bad news for y'all.
Speaker 1: Both of them are trash. I would go even further.
Speaker 2: I think our focus on individuals is the problem. This is why I try to insist, right that this is the architecture. These are the leaders it's going to produce. You want different leaders, you want different leadership, you want a different leadership paradigm.
Speaker 1: You need a different architecture, don't I mean.
Speaker 2: That's why I keep saying, right, you know, one of the things that happened, I think about six weeks ago is Donald Trump administration. The Trump administration sent out letters to a bunch of universities. Brown was one of Vanderbilt was another one, and essentially they asked for these universities to alleviate any commitment to DEI, to significantly scale back the number of international students that they're allowing in, and to alleviate things that make people hostile to conservative ideology right. And in exchange for doing this and to agree to tuition freeze, which which most people agree with. But in exchange for doing these things, they will get priority for university, for a federal funding for grants or research dollars or too loan dollars.
Speaker 1: Everything is quick pro quo. It's unbelievable. All this is. It's true, it's true.
Speaker 2: But but what this is essentially saying, and what this directly contravenes, is this idea in American society that we have a marketplace of ideas, that every idea gets to compete equally, and whichever idea is best will prevail. But what we actually have and have always had, is a very carefully curated set of ideas that we are allowed to access, and they are ideas that can have no robust competition lest they be eliminated. Right, this is why you don't This is why they don't teach about socialism and communism in schools. This is why they're the fight over how much racism you can talk about, whose perspective you can talk about it from.
Speaker 1: Which this is all because in order.
Speaker 2: For white supremacy, capitalism, and the militarism that we have to survive.
Speaker 1: It's why King shut out to you.
Speaker 2: It's why King said that they were the three evils, because in order for them to survive, you have to alleviate competing ideas. So what this administration is doing is reluctant as people are to engage with. This fact is they're not an aberration or a deviation from our trajectory. They are a continuation of it. When they say they're trying to reclaim traditions, when they say they're trying to bring us back to these American founding ideas, they are they're consistent, they're not wrong. And a big part of that is inhibiting a free dialogue. Is it inhibiting the free flow and exchange of ideas.
Speaker 3: Right, which actually is a great segue into Project twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Right, because I feel like people thought it was just like twenty five all the way live, and it's like no, no, no, no, they had more coming for us. Yeah, they have more coming for us. And I definitely thought I had transferred it.
Speaker 1: Into my computer.
Speaker 3: So I solve that's a problem that I'm about to do it right now, So tell me this, what did you When did you find out about Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I think around the same time everybody else found out about it, I mean a.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's not what everybody else found out about it. Oh well, I mean Kamala didn't start talking about Project twenty twenty five till twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Well, let me be clear.
Speaker 2: I don't think when our politicians decide to address something publicly is a good metric for when it actually became publicly known.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Again, these are people who are ambassadors for a system that thrives on deception.
Speaker 3: Right, But there are many people who did not hear about it until they heard about it from her because they look at them as the source.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got top that. You gotta stop that. Yeah, so here we are, y'all.
Speaker 3: Heritage Foundations said don't sleep, we got more for you, and they have released new fascistic policy. Thank you to So Informed for putting this together.
Speaker 1: Some points of.
Speaker 3: Note in their blueprint for twenty twenty six are the American family, the dignity of work, and the future of free enterprise, which you were just speaking about national security, which we need to always put in quotes, because we need to put the security in quotes within the quotes, because it's.
Speaker 1: Not actually securing the nation.
Speaker 3: It's the same ethos as Israel, where it's we're going to cause friction with everybody else and call it securing ourselves when really what we're doing is creating a reason to make weapons and the American heritage and citizenship. They want to eliminate ranked choice voting all together. Do you know do you know about rank choice voting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I know a lot of people are supporting it as a way to mitigate the kind of corruption that we're seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, run rampant in our political powerties.
Speaker 3: So ranked choice voting, y'all, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm still sometimes a little.
Speaker 1: Shaky on this ranked choice voting.
Speaker 3: To my understanding is when basically they put a number of folks that are up for election, and you can vote by ranking, so you don't just choose one. You can rank who you want in preference, and then that is narrowed down by how many people ranked a certain person by one, how many people ranked a certain person by two. So that is why when mom Donnie was in the primary, everyone was like, rank him as one, rank him as one.
Speaker 1: Because that would push him through.
Speaker 3: That allows for there to also be more opportunities for different kinds of candidates versus you only getting these two options and maybe a possible third if there is a green party of your independent option that actually has elevated itself in that district or state, Is that Correcteople are saying that's correct, So okay, they want to roll back environmental and energy regulations. This is the part that I just I'm I know that it's about money, I know, but I'm just like, do these people know something I don't know about cloning living forever?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, so I will say I will say two things about that. One, I think it's important for folks to keep in mind that for capitalism, every everything is a resource, the planet and the people.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about that later for the for the for the critical thinking segment, because I don't know if you saw that CNN has has partnered with Kalshi, which is a betting app so that you can now bet on actual world events. So we're gonna talk about that little later because the owner literally says in an interview that anything can be made into a commodity.
Speaker 1: That is, please keep.
Speaker 2: Going a fundamental part of the US. And also though you know, one of the things that the wealthy kind of rolla garc that we talk about. I saw someone call them the five Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Yes, Peter too, Alex arl They're on the.
Speaker 1: Cover of Time. You know these AI folks too. It's just and they're praising them.
Speaker 2: They have dumped a lot of money into eugenics. They've dumped a lot of money into living forever. They've dumped a lot of money into immortality, into stopping aging, into reversing aging. You know, you've heard these people talk about merging their consciousness with robots and so forth and so on. So there certainly is a push you know, I think that there's an acknowledgment that the resources are finite, and and that means that people can't survive in our current modality into perpetuity. And so on some level, these people have accepted that in our attempt to accelerate it and prepare themselves forward with bunkers, with technology that allows them to extend their life with all kinds of so. So there absolutely is uh, and they still look tore up. Listen, the imagine being such I'm just gonna say this one thing about that, about that vanity fair uh uh photograph imagine being such a self loaving white supremacist that you uh lust off the black woman lips because if y'all don't see them needo injection marks.
Speaker 1: It is wild. It is wild. It looks nuts.
Speaker 2: It's such a you know, I had a student from Norway come talk to me, and it was just such a refreshing reminder of how untethered this place is from reality, That there is no factual basis for the United States, that it thrives on its hostility and its antagonistic relationship with reality.
Speaker 1: That is, it's so all of these things.
Speaker 2: The way that it it, you know, the way it's trying to convince us that blowing up babies of self defense, the hostility to talking about the reality of this country's racial history, the unwillingness to deal with the failings of capitalism, are all emblematic of our hostile relationship with reality. We refuse to engage reality, and we punish people who try to force us to do it. That is kind of the ethos, and that's part of why we're in decline, because when you had odds with reality, reality is gonna win every time.
Speaker 5: Facts.
Speaker 3: They want to reclaim institutions, which we were just talking about, of higher education from the radical left. By the way, you all none of these institutions are the radical left. Oh, anybody who has been in an institution, you currently work in an institution, you know that it is far from the radical left. The idea that learning literally just learning is considered radical. Learning about anything outside of the United States, learning about anything beyond the context of capitalism, beyond the context of white supremacy, is considered radical.
Speaker 1: There is a war on reality.
Speaker 2: It never occurs to these people that whatever left leaning bias.
Speaker 1: They think exists in these institutions.
Speaker 2: And I would agree with you, they're the furthest thing from radical in my experience that we can get, but any left leaning bias, they don't contend with the fact that maybe these are just the facts. Maybe you got a bunchet smart people together. They all looked at the history and the data and they were like.
Speaker 1: Well, damn, there's only one they refuse to engage with. And that's why they have.
Speaker 2: To send these letters out to say you please eliminate these things from your curriculum.
Speaker 1: Because our ideas cannot compete with them. The reality is so clear, it's so anchored in the truth that we can't compete unless they're eradicated. In the same way, these people.
Speaker 3: Like Hillary Clinton and Sarah Hurwitz are like, you guys need to stop showing videos of reality because it's getting in the way of our indoctrination and lies.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, that's exactly right. Cut it out, you guys. That's right.
Speaker 2: And it shows how dependent we've been as a society or the power structure has been on propaganda.
Speaker 3: Right now, I mean, I feel like growing up, I mean, I know the word propaganda, but only recently was I able to really point out just how pervasive it is. It is and completely regular. So let's run through these other ones real quick. We got advancing policies at the state and federal level to restore the nuclear family to the center of American life. So I was reading something the other day that was really just basically saying that the nuclear family is actually problematic to America, to human life because this idea that you would only have you in a house with you alone is just so they can control you more.
Speaker 1: And I had really thought of it that way.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the nuclear family is an institution to police women and queer folks, and it is to make sure that capitalism. It is a survival mechanism for capitalism because it requires you to be tired all the time. You got to think if you have people families, and familial models should depend on.
Speaker 1: The village model.
Speaker 2: These people in our community who don't have kids, as somebody with kids, I need my kidless aunties to be like, look.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna come take them for an.
Speaker 2: Afternoon for Saturday afternoon, so you can have a moment to yourself that allows me to recharge and restore and do some critical thinking and do some reflection. There's no and if they don't want you thinking in the universities. If they're going to take it out of the universities, they don't want you to have time on your.
Speaker 1: Own to do that study neither.
Speaker 2: And if you are in a nuclear family where you are working, even when you are at home, where home is a job, right su stay in the household where it's a miniature society like they want to play, then you don't have that time.
Speaker 1: That's by design.
Speaker 3: And you know you have agreen here saying you've become dependent on the government, and not in a good way. And by the way you they force you to be dependent on the government and then shame you for being dependent on the government.
Speaker 1: It's just a cycle of nonsense.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The last one is reducing both the demand and supply for abortion at all stages of human development. The demand, the everything you listened before. This increases the reality that folks will not feel safe having a baby, they won't feel supported, they won't feel healthy, all the above.
Speaker 2: Don't they sound like slave owners? Ain't that what a slave owner would say? They don't they want you to. I mean, this is what a slave owner would say. Damn, this is a reenactment. And this is what I keep trying to get people to understand, like, you don't say what I'm saying saying the plantation and the slave, this is part of the societal architecture.
Speaker 1: It's never gone away.
Speaker 2: This is just a revival of how our society to.
Speaker 1: Make America great again. Yeah, it's yeah, absolutely nostalgia for the past.
Speaker 2: And it's a and if you look back at the trajectory of the institution of slavery, even after slavery, they were nostalgic for it. You had slave in a box, you had things being marketed as and for convenience. As it is true if you've never looked it up, you should google.
Speaker 1: You should look you should definitely google it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so so so even our obsession with AI and and like robots, it's it's like you can have a slave, but it'll be.
Speaker 1: A robot, so it'll be okay. I and we we are we have.
Speaker 2: Never reckoned with the material implications how slavery shaped our expectations, our identity, what we believe luxury and success.
Speaker 1: Looks like, yes, our quest for lead, sure, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So this is I mean, the social fabric and social mores changed to some extent. But if you recognize that the ultra wealthy are are are in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Removed from that social fabric.
Speaker 2: Right, if you think about I mean and we we encounter it on a regular basis. Think about when jay Z says, I don't land at the airport. I call it the Clare Airport. Right, He's saying, I'm somewhere you can't get to. Right, I'm removed, I'm far away.
Speaker 1: I'm somewhere you can't. You can't exactly. That's the point. That's the point.
Speaker 2: So the people who and jay Z just a little billionaire, if you compare him to Larry Ellison, calm down, if you compare him to somebody like Larry Ellison or Elon Musk, these people are several layers removed from.
Speaker 1: Society and there's several generations. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely so, whatever our social mores and sensibilities are around slavery are not ones they have been socialized within. They exist within a kind of corporate architecture that that we've privileged, that's privileged in the constitution. This is why people not understand the history of slavery is so detrimental to us collectively. Because if you think about people, think about the three fifths Compromise and the slave trade clause, and they think about it as just a racialized provision. No, these are corporate provisions. These are provisions that say the Congress, which is supposed to be the most representative body because it's the.
Speaker 1: Body for the people.
Speaker 2: Come on, lawyers, cannot regulate or cannot stop the importation of slaves.
Speaker 1: Who is that for?
Speaker 2: Who's importing slaves? Big business some of the only people who can afford the ships, to staff them, to pay to kidnap these folks, to get people to risk alive for the likelihood of mutiny when slaves would revolt on these ships. You're talking about a car about four big business that's constitutionalized as part of our federal architecture, right, and so we've always privileged corporations and corporate power. And then we connected it to the Three Fifths Compromise, which said that cargo. That's how we think about people in this country as cargo. So when they treat us like inputs and labor and humans as a resource, that's part of our our foundation, that's part of our architecture. Because they called people cargo in the Constitution, and then they said that cargo could translate directly into political power with the three fifths compromise. The more slaves you bring in, the more representation you have the possibility to get in Congress, right in the House of Representatives. And so there's a direct link. There's a direct relationship here between the power that we see being wielded and the results and the lack of care about humans. This is part of our ethos. So when they talk about restoring enterprise, when they talk about that, they are talking abouts a person, right when they say, I mean people think it started with Citizens United. Citizens United is just a modern manifestation of that constitutionalized principle, which says that corporate, huge businesses, corporations wielding political power is part of our ethos.
Speaker 1: It's good for us. We've always had that.
Speaker 2: But because we don't study those provisions like that within that context, because we kind of say, oh, my goodness, those were slave clauses and they were about you know, racism, and we don't do that anymore. Right, they're inoperable now, we don't need to spend time with them, we don't recognize their implications for our moderns. But they also very casually these days be going back to those laws, right, they've been enough laws from eighteen so whatever ninety eight, you're doing it right now. When the alien the Alien in Sedition Acts, he's using some of those acts to deport, which is really just to exile people without due process. But he was relying on the seventeen ninety eight Alien in Sedition Acts, so we absolutely use those laws.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Speaking of immigration, I'm going to talk later in the show about uprisings that are happening in Portugal and Bulgaria. But I'm going to do a u quick pivot because I did not know that you was from Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I'm not I live, but I'm not that you live in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Live in Minnesota, and so I do want to shout out Minnesota because they have been and of course I'm saying it just like Bobby's mother would on Bobby's World. Bobby, We're going in Minnesota, and I just want to shout.
Speaker 1: Out Minnesota and the work they're doing against Ice. Yeah. Yeah, for our for our neighbors.
Speaker 6: Charts what.
Speaker 1: I'm going to school.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: First of all, if he committed a crime in the state of Minnesota as an adult, that's a that's a public offics, so you want him to close it.
Speaker 7: So what is the.
Speaker 1: Crime I does not.
Speaker 7: They have one person named one that they have to detain and that person is inside central Mix. Don Henry has the right to say no to anyone.
Speaker 3: So Don Henry is the owner of the market that they are guarding.
Speaker 1: There's business.
Speaker 7: So if he went inside to talk to his wife to make sure his staff are in the know what's going on out here. They have not produced a warrant. They asked Don Henry if he was a citizen. They asked him to identify himself, Don Henry short of miss passport. They didn't ask me for my passport doesn't pay.
Speaker 6: It's called discrimination.
Speaker 7: So we're gonna stay here, guys, We're gonna just say what. We're gonna make sure that Don Henry needs space and time to think about what's best for him, his family and his business, and we're gonna follow Don Henry's leap.
Speaker 8: We made our way to the center of the crowd and found a woman being held face down on the ground. People were screaming to let her go.
Speaker 2: We kept yelling, she's pregnant, He's pregnant, She's pregnant. They put their knees in her, and we kept telling them.
Speaker 1: She can't breathe, let her up, Let her up.
Speaker 8: In the chaos, the woman who was handcuffed was suddenly being dragged by one arm of the angry crowd whose snowballs and screamed at the federal agent. Do you have a herd?
Speaker 3: By the way, throwing snowballs at them is probably the most Minnesota thing I've ever heard of, because one thing by Minnesota is y'all really know about some snow We too look like.
Speaker 6: A nice guy.
Speaker 5: Do you have a heard?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know about you this. You gotta have different folks, That's right.
Speaker 3: That's why you gotta have different folks in the organization, y'all, because this couldn't be me talking.
Speaker 1: Agreed, don't do no shooting around me.
Speaker 6: I can't brew you. Let's be family, Let's treat each other good. Let's show the media that we care for one another. Thank you, guys, thank you for standing down. Don't father people child.
Speaker 1: We'll pray for you.
Speaker 2: I adopted a snopy Carmichael petive. You gotta have a conscience for you to reason with them and appeal to their conscience. And I just can't believe if you out here dragging folks out of the car line from schools UNI and on pregnant women, you got a conscience for me to speak to friends.
Speaker 3: But you know what, but they left, I mean, and but it was a combination. It was a multi pronged approach, right because folks was not.
Speaker 1: Playing with them. Folks stood stood up, they linked arms. You know.
Speaker 3: Then you had the person who was the communicator, Like I would tell Claudia Las like, don't expect.
Speaker 1: Don't send me to talk to no cops. It ain't gonna go well, it's not I'm gonna ruin the whole operation. Don't never let me talk to cops. I will ruin the whole operation.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gonna get arrested, we all get against I don't.
Speaker 1: That's not your ministry, that's not no.
Speaker 2: You send me to talk to the thuds, right, end me to talk to the yns. I'm good with them.
Speaker 1: But the cops. No, No, y'all gonna put a bail fund together for me? Right, I mean, we are operating in an extra legal terrain. That's the other thing. Folks are not recktling with people like that is whatever this is? Thank you, Like so yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean yeah again, we don't know history.
Speaker 2: If we knew history, we would know how like unreliable, you just it's like a hit or miss.
Speaker 1: You might as well, I mean, play the lottery. If you're feeling unlucky, you know, you should play the lottery. It's just these all of.
Speaker 2: This, and this is really, I think the most powerful point. It is both terrifying and powerful. All of this was created.
Speaker 1: We created it. We created it. That means we can uncreate it, say it right, bring it back, bring it back. We can uncreate it. We can make new stuff. And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I trust us to make new stuff more than I trust the Brola garchs certainly to us trust I trust the people. I trust humans.
Speaker 1: I trust us And this has been proven over and over again. It's why they don't leave us to our own devices.
Speaker 2: That's why, it's why they have to manipulate what we learn and what we see and what we hear and how we speak to one another, and you know, the lines we draw connect ourselves and separate ourselves, because if we were this is why they went after TikTok, because they thought it was just the apple folks was over there dancing.
Speaker 1: They found our folks was over there having conversations and they was like, oh, we have to shut this ship down. Let the kids talk.
Speaker 6: You don't talk.
Speaker 3: Then they tricked it. I'm gonna started dancing and teaching. Hey, Zionism gonna take us down. Hey, hey, project twenty five learn about it.
Speaker 1: And then lay Ellison was like, I'm a buy it.
Speaker 2: I'm a buy it because we can't have this, and I'll buy whatever other mediums I need to.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, it's yo, it's an active it's an act of desperation.
Speaker 2: We should absolutely see it as an act of desperation and it should also terrify us.
Speaker 1: And I'm hoping we I don't know what it's gonna desperate desperate measures.
Speaker 3: You know, when people get into that phase, they lose any semblance of humanity that they did, and that's a human thing, right, This is why.
Speaker 2: We had this is violent crime when people are. The more desperate people are, the more desperate they're willing to be.
Speaker 3: Which is also why they are creating scenariolations for you know, when people were talking about snap, I saw someone say, oh, well, they're just trying to make people feel bad.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, they're trying to make those on snaps snap.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, that's right, because they're always, of course, trying to feed a free labor force.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right. That's so tell me this.
Speaker 3: We were gonna talk about a bunch of things. Then we ended up talking about a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of things.
Speaker 3: You are a First Amendment right specialist, and so we got to talk about what's going on in Cali with.
Speaker 1: This Antifa indictment. Well, did you see Benny Thompson's exchange with the FBI director about Antifa?
Speaker 8: Did you?
Speaker 1: I'm about to play it for me. I'm about to play it for you right now.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's let's start with that ys A headquarter.
Speaker 5: What we're doing right now with your where in the United States?
Speaker 1: That's on my grandpa? Did you thee? And then you start being like, well, what I say, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, one question. Did you eat? That's it?
Speaker 5: Let her know, Antifa exist.
Speaker 9: If it's a terrorist organization and you've identified it as number one.
Speaker 4: We are building other infrastructure right now.
Speaker 5: So what does that mean? You said, I'm just we're trying to get the information.
Speaker 9: You say Antifa is a terrorist organization, Tell us as a committee, how did you come to that, What do it exist?
Speaker 5: How many members do they have in the United States as of right now?
Speaker 4: Well, that's very fluids. It's ongoing for us to understand that the same no different than alkadan isis no.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want you.
Speaker 9: I'll ask one person, sir, I just want you to tell us if you said Antifa is the number one domestic terrorist organization operating in the United States.
Speaker 5: I just need to know where they are, how many people. I don't want a name, I don't want anything like that.
Speaker 9: Just how many people have you identified with the FBI that Antifa is made of?
Speaker 4: Where the investigations you're active?
Speaker 9: So you wouldn't come to this committee and say something you can't prove by note, I know you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: What you did, it would be funny if it wasn't real.
Speaker 2: This is it was such a glaring example of how disconnected we are from reality and we don't have to be. I mean, that's the scarier part, is that we don't have to be connected to reality. And I would also argue this is this is true to the FBI's tradition. This is the type of stuff Jagger Whover used to do.
Speaker 3: They were able to do it under the shroud of secrecy in a way that they're really not able to do at this level.
Speaker 1: Agreed. So let me just give you all some background around what's going on.
Speaker 3: So, federal prosecutors in California have indicted four people on.
Speaker 1: Charges they plotted to bomb multiple.
Speaker 3: Targets in California beginning on New Year's Eve. The Justice Department describes the individuals as being part of the Turtle Island Liberation Front okay, and that they're absolutely pro Palestine, far left, anti government, and anti capitalist. The four people arrested, Audrey Ellen, Audrey Eileen Carol, Dante Garfield, Zachary Aaron Page, and Tina Lai have what the Justice Department and FBI have deemed an anti government ideology. And this was apparently initiated due to the September twenty twenty five executive order signed by President Trump to root out left wing domestic tarrort organization is in our country. Now, I just want to add this very important caveat that the indictment relies heavily on a paid FBI informant.
Speaker 1: Yeah this, I mean this sounds like yeah, yeah, I mean yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: This is both right because mccarchyism popped off because of a really like zealous senator being like I'm trying to pop off, like he couldn't care less I people were communists, but he was like, oh, I can get a name doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then you had Hoover who.
Speaker 3: Was like, yeah, I'm also trying to get people to not know that I'm gay and black, so let me just then get busy too.
Speaker 2: Hoover was also raised under if you will like his political tutelage, he was originally so he's he's hired in the nineteen teens.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't.
Speaker 2: Realize Hoover is hired by the federal government in the nineteen teens and he leaves the FBI until nineteen seventy two, so he has a career spanning more than fifty decades with the federal government. And when he starts out, muciple wars out absolutely under Woodrow Wilson and Woodrow Wilson introduces the Espionage Acts that says you can't say anything bad about the government. He uses a muck rackers, which are propagandists to drum up support for the war. He labels anybody who's anti war, anybody who's anti government, anybody who's anti white supremacy, as a threat to the national security.
Speaker 1: So this is the climate, the.
Speaker 2: Rearing, the tutelage under which j. Rgar Hoover is introduced to the federal government. And so if you just look at the lineage, I mean, were talking about apples falling from trees.
Speaker 1: This is I mean, this is the fruit the tree. Yeah, this is the fruit. This is the fruit of that.
Speaker 2: And because we've never been willing to grapple with it and tackle it and un hacked and dissect.
Speaker 1: And break down.
Speaker 2: Is these markers, these as markers on white paper, signs that they drew. Is this the evidence?
Speaker 1: This is the evidence, This is the evidence.
Speaker 3: We also have to understand that quote unquote evidence always has to be in quotes, right, because even as we're talking about Luigi, we understand that there's just simply is always sideways stuff going on, and they are not able to track possession of evidence. You constantly have forget Luigi, Let's go back to Oh Jay, like.
Speaker 1: This, where are you? It's not like these cops are in any way above board. I mean, this is the other evidence here. It is hold on so PBC pipes, these were just these were just out in the open and somebody front yard. They just took a picture.
Speaker 2: I mean, none of their stuff makes sense Like at this what oh who writing them signed? You got a whole internet. You can speak to who writing with Prayola markers on eighty five printer paper. They're I like, even the way that they're And this is another thing though, This is why they attack education the way that they do, because they don't count on us being smart enough holotically about what they put in front of us.
Speaker 1: And they at the bullets and the.
Speaker 2: Whole gun situation after c K right and how it was like, oh there was nothing there, all of a sudden, there's something there, and then on the bullets it just looked like chicken scratch.
Speaker 1: And so like we I don't like black people, you know what I mean, Like stuff like that, it's just nonsense.
Speaker 3: Let me also add that the indictment, I'm sorry that the UH attorney what's his name, the federal the federal prosecutor Bill Asie, and I'm actually I want to I want to show you all a picture of him, so you can just see what a prick looks like. Because I think it's also like sometimes you just see certain picts of people you like. You you could tell that this is somebody who wasn't getting none and this is his way to try and get some vajin.
Speaker 1: This is first assistant. Look at him. Look at him, Look at him. You can tell he's just corny. He's a corny guy. This is Bill A. Salee, who says the group.
Speaker 3: Was targeting US companies with their bombs. He did not elaborate on the companies. The complaint also alleges that the four involved in the plot were not attempting to kill people, and if they saw anyone in the area of their bombs, they would try to warn them. They're going to make their initial appearance in federal court Monday afternoon in Los Angeles. I bet you there was a lot of pressure to find an indictment after that very embarrassing exchange with Benny Thompson.
Speaker 2: I bet you there was all of a sudden and urgent pressure to produce something or someone even if it doesn't stick. That's the other thing. All of this is about the orc and the theater of it. Right, there's so much political theater happening that I think is meant to distract us from the real actual maneuvering that's happening. And they use Crayola markers and eight and a half by eleven printer paper to do it because they believe that we don't have the literacy, the media literacy, the critical thinking skills, the historical contexts to situate their efforts, and didn't I think there was a judge too who ruled that that person was not supposed to be in charge of that office, and then they just kind of changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a court ruling from a judge that that did. What did you say, Issaily, He's not supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Leading that office, so they changed his title, but he's still doing the same thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, Again, we're in an extra legal Well.
Speaker 3: The other of nonsense that is happening is that they also know that mainstream media is not going to dig further.
Speaker 1: That's right, right.
Speaker 3: They also know that mainstream media is not going to correct with the same effort that they promote. So mainstream media might put this story out there, but let's say, like you said, the theatrics then dissolve into this was nonsense, and we're gonna throw this out of court and you all can go your merry way.
Speaker 1: We're not going to see that story. That's right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the media is invested in invested is as much as the political apparatus in those fundamental building blocks, so they're not I mean, this is why you.
Speaker 1: Don't see media that's critical up shout out to African stream. They get to African streaming, right, this is why you don't see media. They have a new off met started something new called Sovereign Media. Oh I didn't know that, Thank you for sharing. Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: And so it's called Sovereign Media and he's working on it. And we actually have journalists that join once a month from African from the previous African stream, but now sobern Media to do what we call the Africa Tappen and they give us the.
Speaker 1: One two on what's going on in the continent.
Speaker 2: I love that, and I love you for making space for that, because that kind of elimination is also why we're here.
Speaker 1: Because you don't see media that's critical of the United States.
Speaker 2: You don't see media from the marginalized perspective, and mainstream media will not do it.
Speaker 1: They will, They will create the campaigns for.
Speaker 2: These awful things to happen, and then years later apologize for the lynching campaign, apologize for Iraq, and I imagine we will see in a decade or so, apologize for Palestine.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Iraq, you know, we're going to talk about Rob Reiner later in the show. And Rob Reightner did the film Shock and Awe, which is about the ways in which the New York Times, Times and mainstream media helped to support the.
Speaker 1: Lies of the administration at the time.
Speaker 3: You know, Rumsfeld and these folks in carrying out the manufactured consent for the war.
Speaker 1: How can people follow you? Where can they get more Russia ghe in their lives? So I love you dearly, and I'm gonna correct you. Rashiya g Why have you let me talk to you.
Speaker 2: This time?
Speaker 3: I was waiting.
Speaker 2: I just did it.
Speaker 1: So, So there it is. You can follow me. I'm on Instagram as highly viby. But there's the underscore, isn't there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe in the middle highly underscore viby okay, and yes like that, And I'm working on other stuff that I will put on I'm working on doing podcast stuff. I don't have the scheduling, I don't have the time right now to add it into all the other stuff that I'm doing, but I am working on it. So my hope is to talk more about the ways in which race, law and politics are engendering the American decline. And you know, a lot of folks are talking about leaving, are talking about what.
Speaker 1: They can do.
Speaker 2: You know, I want Black folks to realize that our home is with each other. I would be hesitant to call this place or any other place, our home. A home is a place that nourishes you. A home is a place that nurtures you, that welcomes you, that's happy to see, that builds you up, where you find refuge. I don't know if any of those characterizations would fit our experience anywhere, especially here. So I want us to start thinking about each other as our home, and whatever we do, I hope we begin to think of ourselves collectively with them.
Speaker 1: And that connects to my concept of we are the soil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did not get to connect to the land that we had to become experts at, so we have had to be the land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope we take that in internalize.
Speaker 2: So I think our attempts to save this without engaging with what at meat for the globe, o speed for the planet.
Speaker 1: What are we saving? Yeah, you're talking about saving American democracy, and if you were never an American, it was never a democracy.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna kill the planet. It's gonna kill us all, whatever you think you're trying to say. If you gonna prop up Jasmine Crocket while they sending tax dollars over there to bomb babies, I need us to.
Speaker 1: I need us to. I just I want us all to be well. I want us all to be well with each other, and I want us to understand that.
Speaker 2: You know, ain't nothing particularly wrong with Jasmine or Kamala, except that they exist in the system that demands this of them.
Speaker 1: This is the price that they Why are you even giving them that out?
Speaker 3: Like they made a choice going there, Like no one held the gun today head and said you got to go in here and do this, And other people have gone in there and not done that, So they actually did not have to be that. Corey Bush went in there and didn't do that, or she went in there and didn't do that. Summer Summer Lee went in.
Speaker 2: There, and in fairness, they got Corey Bush and Jamal Bowman's ass out of there.
Speaker 1: And this is not out of there if the Democrats actually had their back.
Speaker 2: But that was my other point, more so about the democratic apparatus, of which just Dasmin Crockett.
Speaker 1: And Kamala they support. That they didn't say nothing. You talked about you for the people.
Speaker 2: They just snatched your people who for the people out of here, and everybody was quiet.
Speaker 1: I don't like that Kamala married a Zionists.
Speaker 3: Do you know how much it takes to marry somebody, y'all? Do you understand in this country what it means to marry somebody. She married them their family, their family, and marry them.
Speaker 2: As black folks who experience, who know that we always on the bottom of any calibration about human worth. I just don't know how you can endorse any position where you calibrating human worth and putting people on the bottom.
Speaker 1: And don't think your ass is next.
Speaker 3: And Dan, you'll say to yourself, well, this is for the preservation of America, which Jasmine Crockett has said so again, like you said, we are caught up in this preservation of a place that has never preserved.
Speaker 1: Us and can't. And the preservation at what costs? You willing to burn the whole planet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what you think gonna happen when the whole planet burned? Who you think next? Will you think they feed in to the fire next?
Speaker 3: I just the logic just seems so obvious to me. And that's why I can't give them a pass. These are not young people. These are not people who are somehow you know, misled. These are not people who are struggling financially. These are not people with children. These are not people who have any excuse other than a desire for attention.
Speaker 6: Power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and you you know, I think I think a lot of it is getting a folk, especially for black folks.
Speaker 1: We have not healed.
Speaker 2: So we understand our wholeness as proximity to white power, and so we believe that that can restore you of our humanity. That's well, no, because I spend time with the ancestors, So.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know my words and my value.
Speaker 2: I just spent time this woman prediction, you just want to forget them where we're going through twenty years ago. I also want us to change how we refer to black people, because I know so many black people that actually don't write, that actually don't operate like that, that do spend.
Speaker 1: Their time with the ancestors.
Speaker 3: They come on this show all the good day time, they come to my book tours. So like this whole we enable at a certain point when we're just like I get it.
Speaker 1: It's like, come on, but everybody ain't healed to the same extent. No they're not, But and everybody ain't had the same opportunity. Some people don't even know that healing is available.
Speaker 2: Correct, I'm just saying that we apply that to people who do have that access.
Speaker 3: We apply that to people who are actually available, who do have the availability.
Speaker 1: Financially, time wise, et cetera to do that.
Speaker 3: And we do that because we have an ingrained love and grace that I believe is actually a part of our just being humanity, Like yeah, yeah, I need to.
Speaker 2: See I mean, my ability to recognize the humanity and every other person is part of my own humanity, right, My humanity survives because I can see humanity and everybody else. I don't think it's an excuse. I think it's just an acknowledgment of where we are and how much work needs to be done. If we just say these people are bad and write them off, it doesn't give us a pathway for the healing that will need to take place.
Speaker 1: Collectively, I think there are more unhealed people.
Speaker 2: Than there are healed people, and I think just the majority of unpilled people don't have power.
Speaker 1: I think that's why we don't see it manifesting in this way.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of healing that needs to happen, and we're going to have to make space for that and create an architecture and talk about what healing looks like and what it doesn't look like. In one of the ways it doesn't look like is turning towards white power as a form of validation, as a form of redemption.
Speaker 9: So do we.
Speaker 1: Continue to platform unhealed people?
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, we should not be platforming these people. I think I think that's the difference.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We don't throw people away because people aren't disposable, but we don't platform them etheriry.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, we're on the same page. I was like, yeah, on the same page. We got to get there because the page is the same.
Speaker 3: Because I think that's the thing, is that that nuance is what so many people are missing, Like when you critique a black politician and they say you're tearing her down, It's like, well, this is actually a constructive criticism based on facts that actually addresses them as a politician even more than them as a character as an individual.
Speaker 1: Right, Like the book reading I did, in the book.
Speaker 3: Talk I did in Dallas, someone was like, well, you know, I want to support Jasmine Crockett just as a person. I said, then send her a birthday card. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, like she's not running as your sister. She's not running she's running as a representative for office. And you know, there just really is a very reality, a very real reality, that there's.
Speaker 1: A system in place that is bigger than the individual. Yes. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And some might say, well, then why are we expecting an individual to change the system. And what I'm saying is I don't expect an individual to change the system. I do expect that if an individual goes into that system and they are telling you about change, that they need to be acting differently than other individuals in that system.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I think we have to come to grips with the system. It is not receptive to change. You have to be an arrogant ass motherfucker to believe that all these people who came before you, all the brilliance that you draw from, all these other people, just couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 1: You got the answer, or.
Speaker 3: You're telling me like, you need to run for office, and you and some people say, Amanda, you need to run for office. Either side of that spectrum means that you think that just me is about to flip this whole script.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's the system. I mean, it's it's like anything else. You not changing, it's changing you.
Speaker 1: You got to respond to it. You have to respond to its incentives. Right what It incentivizes the behavior and incentivizes in the behavior.
Speaker 8: It does less.
Speaker 1: Unless your goal is not to stay there, Yes, which we shouldn't.
Speaker 2: We need to if we're going to do anything. We talk about the system we need to build. We need to build a system where people do not make careers, lifelong careers out of these positions, so that so that way that they are not trying to please interests that are not the ones that they promised to address when they got in there.
Speaker 1: I absolutely think that that's true. But I think that that also means that governance needs to be more collectively shared.
Speaker 2: A big part of this is one million opting out. They don't want to do the work. They want to show up every four years cast a ballot and it'd be like I did my job, And it's not that it's a weekly, daily kind of burden that requires.
Speaker 1: Us all to participate.
Speaker 3: But that's also not even really genuinely possible and correct absolutely, So that's why you have we also know that they're cheating.
Speaker 1: So I think that also leaves people like thiss, uh, what's the word I'm looking for. It's in chanton. You mean this is cheating? Who's cheating? All these elections are cheating? How can you cheat a rid system? Well, that's what I'm saying, it's really that's right. So that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, there are those fundamental building blocks, and this is why anti capitalism, anti white supremacy, and anti militarism will always provoke the violence of the state, because in order to get any of those other pieces, in order to get collective governance, in order to get an educated polity, in order to get you need to attack those concentrations of power.
Speaker 1: And so those are the heart of the thing.
Speaker 2: Those are the heart of the thing when you attack, when you attack the amount of money we send it over the Israel, when you attack how corporations can amass the wealth that they amassed. When you attack the way that a race is taught in history, when you get to the heart of the thing, when you attack colonialism, how colonialism is taught in school. When you get to the heart of the thing, that's when you begin to break down those power structures. As someone who's taught this for years, I would get people in my class who would be like really hostile at the outset, and then by the end of the class they'd be like, oh my god, I didn't know, I had no idea, I hadn't been talked about blah. That's why schools are as contested as any election in any court case, because the moment you can get to the students, that's why they're opening a turning point chapter on every high school campus in Texas, right while simultaneously outlawing honest discussion of history outline critiques of the United States. Because if you can get to the minds of people, if you can orient and socialize and socialize them into a particular kind of critical thought. These all of the rest of this becomes newt right, they will adjust accordingly. And so uh yeah, I think if we start we need to start there, not fucking Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 1: And there you got it. Thank you so much, God Lee, I'm so glad we got you. I appreciate it. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what to do, Rashia ye at highly highly underscore ivy on IG's and get the knowledge.
Speaker 1: And thank you for teaching the babies and the ad.
Speaker 6: A man.
Speaker 1: Again no an no again, no an not By the end