Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Friday Nights Vanadica de la Cruz on Later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Mo.
Speaker 4: You know, I have done some extensive research on museums, and I didn't think that this one would exist here.
Speaker 2: In Los Angeles, in so cal and so it does. And uh huh.
Speaker 4: Since this is the month of Love, I decided to go to the Museum of Love.
Speaker 5: There's a Museum of Love number one, and there's a Museum of Love in southern California.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, it's at forty three to twenty Melrose Avenue in the city of Los Angeles. Now, the Los Angeles Museum of Love isn't your typical museum. It's an interactive experience designed to bring couples closer together. Okay, And since Valentine's is exactly fellas seven days from today.
Speaker 2: With a wink wink, I don't care. I thought i'd let you know.
Speaker 4: So instead of walking to a silent hall of paintings, visitors could dive into a hands on exhibit that sparks conversation, laughter, and meaningful connections. Whether you're solving puzzles, participating in activities, or just reflecting on your relationship. Every moment is crafted to help you and your partner grow together fellas Pedro and Moe. Just so you're listening, okay, because grow together Now. From the moment you step inside, you're invited to engage in the exhibits and explore trust, communication, and fun. Each room offers a new adventure. Some activities encourage you to share stories, while others have you working together to overcome some playful challenges ak like little problems. Now, it's not about just looking at the art. It's about becoming part of the experience and discovering new things about each other along the way. The museum's unique setups makes it feel very playful. It's a journey of stages of love. And if you don't know.
Speaker 2: What the five the five, well, you know there's different stages of love. There is when.
Speaker 4: You no no, no, no, like you know it's it's it's when you meet someone. It's when you court them. It's when you go out. It's when you go out on a date. It's when that spark develops and then you fall, you know, you feel connection, you fall in love.
Speaker 2: And then after that you know that. I think guys feel that. I don't know about you, but anyways.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm just I felt something. I just don't remember it being like that, But go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: The interactive nature keeps things very lighthearted, but also open door opens the door for deeper conversations. You might find yourself laughing one minute and having a heartfelt moment in another. And couples love visiting the Museum of Love because it offers more than just a fun day out. It helps strengthen the relationship and helps strengthen the bond, and with Valentine's Day around the corner, it's the perfect spot to create lasting memories. Visitors leave feeling more connected, with a better understanding of their partner, and renewed for a sense of closeness. It's also an experience that is both entertaining and meaningful. And while I was walking with her, I went with a friend. I'm not I didn't go as a couple. I went with a friend for research purposes. And I spoke to a couple Jason and Emily, and Emily said, quote and unquote, visiting the Museum of Love was like hitting the refresh button on our relationship, and Jason, her partner, said, quote and unquote, the activities were fun, but they also made us see each other in a new light. We left feeling more connected, like we rediscovered the little things that brought us together in the first place. As I said, a good place for Valentine's Day. If you're thinking about being a little different and just kind of lighting a bigger spark, or you know, just having fun with each other, I think it's a great place to go. It's called the Museum of Love, addresses forty three twenty Melrose Avenue in the city of Los Angeles. I will say it's on the priceier side. It's sixty eight dollars online for a couple.
Speaker 6: Ye expensive.
Speaker 2: Love is a little expensive, but with the group on it's sixty four dollars. You must make a reservation.
Speaker 5: Sorry I didn't be a laugh, but you know, of course, I know Valentine's Day and all things associated are very pricey, right.
Speaker 4: But for more information you could log onto Los Angeles Museum of Love dot com. That's Los Angeles Museum of Love dot com. It's open twelve to nine Monday through Friday, Saturdays and Sundays from nine am to nine pm, and I think the last walkthrough reservation is at eight o'clock, so definitely check it out. But I was really nice to I didn't go as a couple. I went with a friend to make it seem like I was a couple because it's a friend.
Speaker 2: No, it's just just a friend.
Speaker 4: But stop that says just a friend.
Speaker 2: But you know, I said, research purposes.
Speaker 4: But I think it's it's really nice to feel that connection and kind of remind yourself, even if you've been in a relationship, whether it's you know, two years, five years, seven years, ten years.
Speaker 2: What was it that got us together here today? You know?
Speaker 4: And and what is it that made you fall.
Speaker 2: In love with me? Or vice versa, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I think it's it's great, and it's creative, and it's a really cute place, and it's nice to just bring up that spark.
Speaker 5: Did you participate in any way? I know you're there for research purposes and and you said there are different activities and games. Can you give us an example of something that couples were doing or participating in.
Speaker 4: You know, things like you know, what was that aha moment of oh my god, this she could be she could be the one, he could be the one. There's also some scenarios of, you know, if you feel like the other couple is maybe not being faithful or is really not communicating. It's nothing negative. There is nothing negative there. It's more of it makes you think and evaluate your relationship on on your you know, five languages of love, of what is your love language? You know, whether it's active service, whether it's affirmations, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But it kind of.
Speaker 4: Makes you it's like a refresh button on your relationship and it gives you little scenarios and little games of how would you handle this?
Speaker 6: Well, there are a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: At the time that you were there, there was about six couples. Okay, yeah, it was about six couple.
Speaker 4: It's really not a big it's not a big museum, but it's it's a museum that you have to really look at every single thing on the wall. And it's it's not quite it's not like you know, you go to a regular museum and advice like it's like you're at the library. No people are talking, and people are laughing and and they're hysterically laughing, and they're taking pictures and they're writing notes and and you know they you know, the women are patting their men on the back like, oh so sweet.
Speaker 5: That's interesting today before we go to break were and I know this is just anecdotal. The one time that you were there were the guys participating and as enthusiastic as their partners there.
Speaker 2: You know, I did, I did see. I don't know. The thing is, you know you kind of I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have this thing of you could kind of see when this is a new relationship versus because every you know, it's like you're kind of on top of each other and you're very affectionate. And then you could see the relationships that, oh, they'll hold a hand and then they walk, and then they'll hold their hands again. It's they've been there for a minute. But the men were being interactive, they were being you know, they were being proactive at the same time as far as the activities and communicating always wonderful and you know, laughing and I think laughter and love really goes together, because I love me a man with a sense of humor.
Speaker 6: You are a hopeless romantic, are you not?
Speaker 2: Kinda in a way, but I'm also savage?
Speaker 6: Oh my damn question. Yes, when does this go until?
Speaker 2: No, the museum is here. It's an actual place on Melrose.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I guess I have an unofficial date. My wife just called.
Speaker 6: You're just saying we are going to that museum.
Speaker 4: Yes, chant love you love you to Los Angeles Museum of Love dot com. That's Los Angeles Museum of Love dot com, addresses forty three to twenty Melrose Avenue, right there in the.
Speaker 2: Heart of Los Angeles. It's really a fun, cute place.
Speaker 4: And when you walk in, I'm not going to tell too much, but when you walk in, you there's this tree. It's called the Tree of Love in a way, and you get this heart and you write your names and then you write something really special.
Speaker 2: It just makes it feel really really special.
Speaker 7: Mark you and the long suffering one should maybe do this. I was really hoping to stay out of this, but he real it's right. Oh, look at the times. We'll have more with not Dela Cruise in just.
Speaker 5: A moment and all her hidden chim that's coming up on Later with mo Kelly k I am six forty live everywhere in the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: With Kelly Okay.
Speaker 4: Six fud okay if I Am six forty Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's Friday Nights with Nautica Delucri. It was on Later with Mo Kelly. Today's Hidden Gem is Melanie Frasier. Melanie Fraser grew up in Boil Heights and was raised by a hardworking single mother. From an early age, she learned the value of perseverance and dedication. Melanie excelled in problem solving and had a natural talent for organizing and managing projects.
Speaker 2: While many of.
Speaker 4: Her peers struggled to see a clear path forward, Melanie was determined to carve carve out a brighter future for herself. Despite financial challenges and limited resources, She refused to let her circumstances define her, believing that with education and hard work, she could change the trajectory of her life. Her dedication has led her to a successful career in project management, where she specializes in coordinating large scale initiatives for nonprofits and community driven organizations. She thrives in bringing structure to complex challenges, ensuring teams stay on track, and helping organization maximize their impact. At just twenty eight years of age, she has already found success in her career, while marriage and children are not on her horizon yet. Melanie is driven by her desire to use her skills to make a meaningful difference in the lives of young people facing the same challenges she once did. After conducting an online research, she discovered I Have a Dream Foundation Los Angeles ihadla dot org, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering underserved youth through education, mentorship, and long term support.
Speaker 2: Melanie was immediately.
Speaker 4: Drawn to their mission of helping students from low income communities achieve their dreams by providing them with resources that needed to succeed. Seeing how I had La dot Org walked alongside students from elementary school to college, equipping them with the tools to break the cycle of poverty, inspired her to get involved. Ihadla dot Org transforms lives by providing academic support, mentorship, and scholarships, helping students build a future they may have never imagined possible. The organization's Dreamer scholars receiving ongoing guidance, college readiness, training, and career exposure, giving them a strong foundation for success. With the commitment to staying with students for over a decade, I had La dot Org ensures that every child has the opportunity to thrive, no matter their circumstances. Their work not only changes individual lives, but also strengthens the entire communities by fostering a new generation of educated and confident leaders. For Melanie, supporting I had La dot Org was not just giving back. It was deeply personal, and I mean personal. She saw herself in the students that they serve to understand firsthand the power of mentornship and opportunity. And for more information you could log onto I had La dot Org. That's I had La dot Org. And Melanie Fraser is like I said, she's twenty eight. She's not ready to get married or have children, but she's really focused on her career and she really wants to explore and travel. And I love that she got involved with this organization and she's able.
Speaker 2: To pay it forward.
Speaker 5: I always wonder how you come across these hidden gems?
Speaker 6: How did you come across none?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: This one, I took some notes here. This one was referred to me by Barbara Landen and she hit me up on my on well, I should say my email which is on my Instagram at Nautica de la Cruz and we had a nice little conversation and Melanie Fraser was she was a babysitter of her kids, and she was like, you have to see this young lady who went from almost nothing and her mother worked really hard and she has a great story and she gave me here information and so that's how we connected.
Speaker 5: We got a little time here before we go to the runa report which is coming up in the next segment. In the studio tonight, we have Pedro Moreno, who is sitting in with us. He usually does traffic correct for the show. Pedro, unbeknownst to me, knew that you were going to be here tonight, but I did not know that he had at least an interaction with you some fifteen years or so ago.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and tell the story.
Speaker 2: How about Pedro tell the story.
Speaker 6: I mean, it wasn't anything crazy once.
Speaker 3: When I first got into radio, my first job, I was just trying to, you know, put my foot down, shake hands, smile and meet whoever I could that's in the industry. And I knew you were going to be at the Long Beach Jazz Fest. I'm from Long Beach, born of race and I met you there and I still have the picture and I approached you today and tonight and said, hey, check this out and it was me with long hair and all, and yeah, it's It's just it's so surreal that somebody that I used to listen to, you know, coming up in this industry and now we're here, started.
Speaker 2: From the bottom, you know. I mean, that's how you do it.
Speaker 4: And I think sometimes I've always been one of those personal people, like people say can I take a picture?
Speaker 2: Or you know, where did you start?
Speaker 4: Because I feel that it's nice to pay it for it or tell people your stories.
Speaker 2: And you told me earlier that you got that. You know, you got a lot of no's.
Speaker 4: I got fourteen no's before I got a yes, speak on it. I got fourteen notes. It's on my LinkedIn profiled at Nautica de la Cruz. I got turned down fourteen times in the Bay Area before a program director named Napoleon decided to give me an internship. And I wasn't I did, wasn't asking for a job. I was just asking for an internship because when I was going to San Jose State, I needed the three credits to finish the internship and I needed that to you know, keep you know, from my studies here. And I got turned down and it was so great because I had that moment of I'm about to give up. And he said come in the studio and I said okay, and he put me on the spot.
Speaker 2: He said come read this.
Speaker 4: He's like, sit down with me, and I was like okay, and he said, why don't you.
Speaker 2: Read this commercial?
Speaker 4: He made me read a commercial live on air in Spanish and then he was like okay. So then we go to commercials. We come back and he goes, do you have a joke? I said in Spanish? And I only know one joke in Spanish. I'm not really a joke. You know, don't carry Spanish jokes very well. And I said, I know one joke. So I told the joke when we came back from commercials, and then I saw that they didn't laugh.
Speaker 2: They kind of smirked, but they didn't laugh.
Speaker 4: And we went back into commercials and he said, so you think you're funny and I said, I thought my joke was pretty good. I thought it was funny. And he goes, what are you doing? What are you doing on Monday? And I said, I'm just going to school and then I'm free. After that, he goes, I'll.
Speaker 2: See you here at three o'clock.
Speaker 8: And that was just there's something you've told that story before, And what I missed before is a lesson that I try to tell other people.
Speaker 5: You don't know when your moment is going to come. Just be ready for your moment. You never know when someone has a plan for you that you're not aware of, and be ready to meet the moment. When they asked the question, asked for the joke, asked for a demonstration, be ready for that moment.
Speaker 6: What was your moment pedro for me?
Speaker 3: You know, I had been training, doing traffic reports and whatnot, and you know, for the for the most part, like the first year or two, I was, you know, a film producer. One night, my boss at the time was telling me, you know, just keep sending demos, sending demos, and I would. I'd be there off the clock, just taking advantage of the studio time. And then one night I went to the restroom, came back, you know, doing my producer thing, and you know, I hopped on the phone and then sure enough is my boss like, hey, so and So's voice went out there it is, we're going to need you to hop on this station, and I'm just either got thrown into the fire, and that's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 5: Look, I always say it's one thing to be prepared, but I always say be prepared for your opportunity, of course, because it's one thing to think that someone's just gonna open the door and give you a job.
Speaker 6: It usually doesn't happen that way.
Speaker 5: You usually have to just beat the moment as it presents itself and then you're off and running exactly and someone is going to benefit from your stories tonight.
Speaker 6: And that's what I love about this the most.
Speaker 4: And one last thing, if I could add, one thing that I have learned, and I learned this from a mentor, is the people who have paid the way and the people who even gave you a chance, or the people who said, hey, you know, if you don't come in through the front door, will put you in through the back door. Say thank you to them, write them, wish them a merry Christmas, write them an email or send them a text, and hey, I was just.
Speaker 2: Thinking about you. I think it's great because.
Speaker 4: In the back of their mind, one day, they're going to think about you and they're going to say, you know what, Pedro, he'll be able to do this, or Natica could do this. You know, so always always be grateful and and and pay it forward because we're not going to.
Speaker 2: Be here forever.
Speaker 4: Exactly what look, honey, unless you know a secret that I don't know, the fountain of view with you to be here forever.
Speaker 6: That's how about that? I'm planning to be here.
Speaker 5: It's Later with bo Kelly caf i as' forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI a M six forty