Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one doub JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, real quick, before we get into rock news. Keyword for rock the bank this our first keyword was bonus bo n us. You still got good twenty twenty five minutes to enter that at WJR dot com. Try to win a grand all right.
Speaker 3: We had a winner yesterday at around this time during our show. Hey, big thanks to Elixer for bringing buy some some food today. They're opening up their new Saturday Brunch starting this Saturday noon to five again Elixir Downtown Orlando. Damn delicious food and for twenty twenty five they've made some more changes to the menu so you can get all burgers, the wings, all the good stuff. And if you want to go there for the big game, you could do that as well.
Speaker 2: Washington and Orange Downtown. Elixer, thank you guys. Well, the Grammy Awards are in the books. Let's just we focused. Yesterday we talked about the Beyonce controversy. I'm not going to rehash that again. Whatever you think on that with the country thing, and that's that's fine. You can't win either way, all right. How about the rock categories? This kind of gives you an indication of the state of current rock music. I went smile when I saw the Stones. The Stones and the Beatles were the winners. The big winners, of course, the Stones for Best Rock Album for Hackney Diamonds, their fourth Grammy overall. Their producer Andrew Watt was on hand to accept the award. Then the Beatles last song Now, and then the last song with the Now, and then the last song with the Late Line. John Lennon won Best Rock Performance, giving the Fab four their eighth award and the first song that was nominated in one featuring the use of artificial intelligence to put that all together. Togo over in the Metal cat gory Gojira scores Best Metal Performance for their Olympic Games song Maya Culpa. So congratulations to Gogerra. Other Grammy related news, Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler performed six songs at his sixth annual jam for Janey Grammy's viewing party on Sunday at the Hollywood Palladium. Tyler and Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme opened up singing together with More Than Words, and then Leek Mick Fleetwood joined them, and Landy Wilson also got into the mix, and it was cool. Black Crows Guy, stop by. Never mind any of that, it was just nice to see Tyler singing again after you know, the larynx situation, the band having to not only initially postpone reschedule and then subsequently cancel their tour and any future toying plans, and it looked very unlikely that he'd ever be performing again. But Lo and Behold cranked out six songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was I was shocked when you said it, because it was the larynx.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to be done. Wow. Ac DC announcing a return to Europe with more power up dates this year that'll be following the North American dates those twelve shows that are scheduled. So ac DC continued to stay quite active as we get into the new year. Your buddy Mark Cohne has revealed it he's the latest musician diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. That's Walking Memphis guy, right. He's known he's had it for five years. In his post, he said, I waited this long to tell you all about the diagnosis because I needed time to process the unsettling news myself, he said. But the good news is I'm doing everything I can to stave off Parkinson's progression, and with those efforts, I've been able to continue playing shows for you all. It's tough to see somebody with that.
Speaker 3: You know, we have listeners that have it, and everybody knows Michael Fox growing up, Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox father just lost his battle with that. Yeah, it's very, very Yeah, it's tough. This on a lighter note, Danny Carey from Tool was showing off his drum bike. It's an exercise bike and he attached a drum pad to the handlebar so he can sit there and pedal and.
Speaker 3: Some people watch, you know, sports Center on the treadmillar bike.
Speaker 2: Some people play Solitaire. Here it is drum. When I saw the headline, I thought there was gonna be some elaborate uh uh, you know, pedal mechanism that's hooked up to one of his drum kits. But no, it was just a standard run of the mill exercise bike, tiny little drum pad.
Speaker 3: I had the visual of like an actual dirt bike, you know, like a bicycle dirt bike BMX bike with an entire drum kit around it.
Speaker 2: Then he rode and no much much simpler, much simpler gets the job done, though. Condolences to Gavin Rosdale from Bush on the recent passing of his mud. And then finally there's this. I'm gonna have to call out Ultimate Classic Rock dot Com. It's a site that I visit on a regular basis, but I can't go all in on this. They love to put these lists out, and they put out another one of their lists that they claim to be the top fifteen hair metal frontmen of all time, Top fifteen hair metal band frontmen. Okay, at number one, they have actual rose from Guns n' Roses. Now, personally, I would debate whether or not Guns n' Roses is a hair band. Okay, you can debate that either way. Yes, they had some huge hair going at times, but musically I just don't think they're in the same category as some of these other bands here. And I certainly do not consider Van Halen a hair band, nor do I consider David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar should be at positions two and three in the top fifteen hair metal frontmen list. So they've got Axel Rose at one, David Lee Roth at two, and Sammy Hagar at three, all great frontmen in their own rights, but they'll take the category now. When you get down to the others here, these all make sense. That would leave us at number four. Joe Elliott from def Leppard, followed by Sebastian Bach from skid Row who in the day hard to top that, John Bon, Jovie Brett Michaels from Poison. If any of you saw the Stadium tour, you know that Brett still has it yep. Vince Deeal from Motley Crue, David Coverdale, d Snyder, Steven Piercy of Rat Kevin Dubro from Quiet Riot, Janey Lane from Warrant, Jack Blades of Night Ranger, and finally Don Dowcin from Docin. Those make sense right the top of the list. Very debatable. You can do better Ultimate classic rock, Okay, Pat, He's getting to send an email. Yeah, it might be strongly worded too, so watch out on one j r R. It just rocks.