Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna get to that mister Beast's story in just a moment why he's borrowing money from his mama. But first, Tricia's having a moment right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I have to get myself together. I literally was I you.
Speaker 3: Tell him right. It's a little backstory here.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners, her name is bren and follow her on Instagram. She's at Brenn the Rodeo Girl. And she posted last week a really sweet message to her horse. Her horse went to heaven, Shasta, right, Shasta went to heaven and so on the one of the pictures that she posted. And Tricia grew up riding and those horses much much better than I do. And she posted on the picture of her holding the horse's tail that had been removed, and it says, all good horses.
Speaker 4: Huh the hair?
Speaker 3: The hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all good horses go to heaven without a tail. Gonna missus, Shasta. So I'm like, Tricia, what's that all about? And then Tricia went to look at my god.
Speaker 2: I looked up the best horse go to Heaven without a tail? You guys, it is a poem, and I am absolutely I can't read it out loud because I started crying reading it when I looked it.
Speaker 1: Up, right, and you had never heard of it, I've never It's the horse version of Rainbow Bridge.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it is.
Speaker 2: But oh my god, the best horses in heaven they have no tail. Look that poem up and have a box of Kleenex with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if you're not a horse person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and don't do it with other people around, because it's an ugly cry poem, y'all.
Speaker 4: And now I miss Shasta.
Speaker 1: Uh Well, Brenn heard us talking about Shasta going to heaven and she said us a really nice note and said, I want to uh to share this with you all. I'm a FedEx driver, been at it for five years. So as you can figure, my radio is always on. I just want to say thank you for letting me a part of your let me be in a part of your show this morning. I listen to you guys just about every morning, and I enjoy it. I could listen to you guys all day. That horse was a huge part of me, and many others. The stories I could tell, but anyways, if they're anyway, I could any possible way I could get a recording of that or find y'all's podcast, so I can listen to that part whenever I feel. I sure appreciate it. Thank you guys, Thank you guys. Sure made me feel better. And then a smiley face emoji and then another quick DM prum her that said I would have one hundred and ten percent put Tricia on her.
Speaker 2: She was one of the greats, and I would have one hundred and ten percent gotten on that horse and ridden her all around. Oh my gosh, and you put a picture of her up. She was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah she was.
Speaker 4: Oh and the poem and ugh, it was. It's as very emotional.
Speaker 3: Maybe we read the poem on the air for everyone.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't, I can't. I cried.
Speaker 3: I don't want you.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to I just I need you to get your act together, all right.
Speaker 5: I need.
Speaker 2: I was embarrassed that you were in the room when I was reading the poem and crying myself.
Speaker 3: I know, And I was just trying to ignore you.
Speaker 2: You know, you're trying to give me a little bit of grace. Yeah, I think I'm ready. I think I can do my reporting now.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, here we go. You ready? Yeah, there we go? His story's we La how good.
Speaker 4: Morning everyone, and now from the Lestra Old Studios, it is for Lisa, all right.
Speaker 2: Some of us might be a little bit too proud to ask for some money for my mama's but not mister Beast, who, by the way, is worth one billion dollars, he admitted in a response to a post calling him the only billionaire under thirty years old to not have inherited his wealth. He built his wealth, and he wrote, I personally have very little money because I reinvest everything. I think this year we'll spend around a quarter of a billion dollars on content. Ironically, I am actually borrowing money from my mom to pay for my upcoming wedding. But sure, on paper, the businesses I own are worth a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's a billionaire but has access to no money and is having to get his mama to pay for his wedding.
Speaker 1: Right, A lot of rich people are like that. They've got a they're worth a ton in assets. In his case, it's content. It's when he could borrow money. He could go to anybody and you know they've got incredible collateral right to put the money.
Speaker 3: It's like, look, I need a couple million bucks.
Speaker 1: Like Elon Musk doesn't have seven hundred whatever billion dollars in the bay. But what he can do is he can just unload some stock that he owns and boom, now he's got a few million bucks in his pocket.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Things like that.
Speaker 1: People borrow money on lines of credit against their assets too.
Speaker 2: It has something to do with taxes and yeah, personal liability and running sued.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, right, get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: But it's funny he went to his mom, I know, to favor wedding.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, sell a little bit of something and pay for your wedding. You know what I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, to have those problems.
Speaker 2: Right, to be worried about where should I cash out to get my gazillions of dollars from?
Speaker 3: That is the story we love.
Speaker 1: More coming up, but Javan Sandy Hour starts at seven o'clock this morning. If you missed yesterday's show, here's a little bit of what you miss This might be one of the best marketing ideas I've seen in a long long time, and that is Sydney's Bathwater Bliss by Doctor Squatch. It's a men's soap brand, and what they did is shot a commercial with Sydney's Sweeney And if you don't know who she is, guys, go ahead and look her up.
Speaker 5: You're aichelikee uh yeah, make sure it's safe for work. Yeah, even though it's appropriate, it feels.
Speaker 4: It feels dirty. Yeah, just looking at her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They took the water from the bath that she was taking in the commercial for Doctor Squatch and now are selling bars of soap with a drop of that bath water in it for eight bucks a bar.
Speaker 3: Genius. Yeah, gross, it is gross.
Speaker 5: I mean it's I mean it's but it's genius marketing. It's a male targeted bar of soap.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, think about what some dudes are willing to pay for that's not just a drop of dirty bath water in it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like guys by nasty things. So this bar of soap?
Speaker 3: Sure, what do they buy?
Speaker 2: I don't like used underwear, sandy gross stuff like used.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gently used. It was an old lady, she only woren on the weekends.
Speaker 4: Pictures of gross like a chitly used car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine if they described selling women's underpants like they do a used car.
Speaker 3: That'd be pretty funny low mileage, by.
Speaker 2: The way, owned by a little old lady yeahect coating.
Speaker 1: One hundred lucky winners will be chosen to own their own brick made with Sydney Sweeney's fairy own bathwater.
Speaker 3: It's a giveaway that they're doing. They might as well enter God.
Speaker 2: You can also buyd for eight bucks. It's like a limited time that you can go online and buy for eight bugs. It might be well supplies last kind of thing, but well, if you.
Speaker 3: Have been listening to the show for a while once.
Speaker 5: I think it was when she hosted SNL that san you discovered her, Yes, yep, you know she came on your radar. Yeah, and it's I think that was similar for me. I didn't know who she was prior to that. I hadn't seen what she's in. I don't even know what she does for a living. I guess she's an actress. I don't know she is. But even when I was watching that SNL, I was like a little uncomfortable. It's kind of getting that same feeling I got as a boy watching Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 4: She made me.
Speaker 2: Feel funny, huh.
Speaker 1: I immediately found her on Instagram and added her into my God's Little Miracles category. Your category, yeah, you know, and Instagram you can like when you save a reel, you can save it and then you can create your own category. You say, you, I don't know, you're into accounting reels whatever. You set up an accounting one and with all your accounting with your Excel tricks and stuff. But I have one set up that's called God's Little Miracles.
Speaker 5: Which is funny. And actually this came up the other night at the hockey game. Tricia, Yeah, and he's like, oh yeah, I've got a whole category. And I'm like, what do you mean? And I didn't know. I knew you could save stuff on Instagram. I didn't know you could categorize him. Oh yeah, he's got a hole older. Why know God's Little Miracles, which is hysterical that like you're his wife and he's so open about his He sends them.
Speaker 4: To me periodically.
Speaker 2: I'll get a text and thinking it's just a hey, we got this to do, and I'll open it up and it's a God's Little Miracle text.
Speaker 4: Did he show any of them to you?
Speaker 3: What? Why does he share? Why do you share them with her?
Speaker 2: He's trying to get the launch, the launch sequence activating. Do you know what I mean? He's stern the waters, chumming the water, seeing if there's any interest.
Speaker 4: Did you Did he show any of them to you?
Speaker 1: JB.
Speaker 5: No, he just showed me. I just was curious how he did the categories. I didn't look at any of them.
Speaker 4: But did you ask to see any of them?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, well one, I I know what's in there. I know what's on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know that a bunch of.
Speaker 5: A bunch of chicks old and young, with millions of followers because they show a lot of skin. That's what that whole platform has become. I know what's on I've seen them.
Speaker 4: I just don't like.
Speaker 2: Really, that blows my mind because if say I have my own little God's Little Miracles category. If my girls and I are sitting around and I say I have this, explain to him what it is, there is no possibility that I am getting up and leaving without them saying, let me see what you have right now. Like the curiosity as to what I've pinned and to what it is, there's.
Speaker 3: No I wasn't curious.
Speaker 5: Well, two things I wasn't curious about it at all, because I've probably seen it all. The second part is we are on the second row at a hockey game, right, surrounded by families.
Speaker 4: And then you got small children behind.
Speaker 5: Mend together flipping through twenty year old's photos.
Speaker 4: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I'm not good.
Speaker 1: I just showed in the category real quick and then closed my phone.
Speaker 5: So I didn't know A nice tip that you can do and saved Instagram categories.
Speaker 3: I need to go in and sort some stuff. Pretty handy.
Speaker 1: You can go back to go back, end up, saving a whole bunch and then never going back and looking at them.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, right, exactly right?
Speaker 2: Why do you have the hidden locked folder on your iPhone too?
Speaker 4: Right? Oh yeah, all your dirty pictures in there and lock it up.
Speaker 1: By the way, I did a quick search on Instagram to see maybe at God's Little Miracles was available for a handle. Maybe I could just start a new page and just put all God's Little Miracles on there. Unfortunately it has already been taken and it's on there. It's someone has it and it's their bio description says God's Little Miracle is on the flowers and stuff he's on a mission to share stories of miracles from above God.
Speaker 5: That's a whole different category.
Speaker 1: I see it through a different lens, very very very different lens.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Sydney Sweeney, send them, send them some of theirs is your suggestions.
Speaker 1: Here's one I found one. I found one. I just start tagging them on all this stuff. Another one that was from yesterday morning. Be here at seven o'clock for today's version of the JB and Sandy Hour coming up on Austin Davies Station one three point one. Well, it's June and Central Texas. Time to be outside, and you know it's going to be hot. Those triple digit temperatures they're coming. The kids are out of school, their summer camp, family vacations. You got way too much going on to worry about your roof. That's why I am really thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kingaroof Kangaroof. They're just great, That's all I can tell you about it. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years. For me, it's just peace of mind knowing that Kangaroof is going to take care of things for you. You know your roof matters. It's your largest investment in this time of year. A quality roof helps your Central Texas energy bills stay in check. No matter what your situation, you can trust Scott and Stacy to shoot straight with you and they'll stand behind their work and only recommend what is best for you. Kangaroof does it all, repairs, new roof, installs, inspections, you name it, they'll do it for you. Give them a call and see why there's only one kangar roof. They really hop to it. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com. All right, Tristan, if someone didn't actually say stick it to Megan Markle, but they politely said no when invited to be a guest on her podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 1: You can follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook's at the Sandy Show Radio. Hey I'm asking a lot, I know, but you can also grab the podcast version of the show. Just search the Sandy Show where you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: Tria, Do you care or don't.
Speaker 1: Care to know what percentage of adults are habitual snoozers? When the alarm goes off, and how you can stop it. It's bad for you.
Speaker 4: I believe it's a high high percentage.
Speaker 1: Yes, I go over Half of adults are habitual snoozers. This is according to a recent sleep study. They find that they hit the button an average of two and a half times to sleep an extra eleven minutes. But sleep experts warn that snoozing through alarms interrupts sleep cycles and reinforces bad sleep habits and can have a negative effect on your health.
Speaker 2: I would like for us to forward that information to our sixteen year old daughter, who will set an alarm almost a full hour ahead of when she needs to get up, just so she can snooze eighteen times.
Speaker 3: And you can hear her alarm clock down the hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she doesn't wake up.
Speaker 3: No, she does not. So I've never been much of a snoozer. Yeah, o me? Yeah, Oh you are.
Speaker 2: I don't sneeze so much now. I feel like it's one of the curses of getting older. Yeah, does this happen to you? I am dead asleep and then I am instantly awake. There's no like groggy need to come out of my sleep. I'm either one or the other, and it's time to wake up.
Speaker 3: That doesn't happen to me.
Speaker 2: Feel like it happens when you get older. You know how older you get less and less sleep you need.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I just have more more of those moments before the alarm clock that I'm just like, well, I guess I'm up.
Speaker 2: You wake up even before that day is starting down thirty.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess I'm up.
Speaker 4: No, you roll over and go back.
Speaker 3: To see I love it that early in the morning.
Speaker 4: Disgusting. Number two deal, that's the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Tricia Karat don't care to know some of the top ten most reliable new car brands.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean the car person I know, but I've got a new car.
Speaker 3: I guess your car is not on the list.
Speaker 4: It is not one of the reliable ones.
Speaker 1: Out of the top ten most reliable, tell me because I'll go through the fast, I'll go them through fast. Hyundai's number ten, Kia is number nine, BMW is number eight, hooray.
Speaker 3: BMW seven is the Audi.
Speaker 2: Six is the masaudy nonsense, that's Eliah had one.
Speaker 1: The Maza is six, The Accurate is fifth, the Honda is fourth, the Toyota is third. The Lexus is number two, and the number one most reliable new car brand according to Consumer reports is the Super Up the Super Room.
Speaker 3: I will never own the most reliable new car.
Speaker 4: What's number two? The Lexus?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Life.
Speaker 4: I'm mad at that number two on that list.
Speaker 3: I missed my Lexus. I know you do love that cause should have never got rid of it.
Speaker 4: Finally, of course you have to get rid of it. It would be like twenty years old by now, I know.
Speaker 1: But my friend Kist has a same year as I did, did three LS four thirty.
Speaker 3: He's got one. Uh okay, Karen, don't you said? You do? Care to know?
Speaker 1: Who told Megan Markle no, thank you after being invited to appear on her Netflix series With Love.
Speaker 2: I'm Megan definitely care to know Dolly Parton, Oh the nicest person on earth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they told her no. We think you're just trying to take advantage of Dolly's popularity.
Speaker 4: Hold her that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because otherwise she would never in a millionaires want to chat with Dolly Parton.
Speaker 1: Megan's team was lit bid good about this. That's what her team is saying. Are there that's so called experts in this area are saying that our team was really just livid, and Dolly Parton's team was like, hey, you're trying to take advantage of the popularity, and that Megan has a thirst for fame.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Why the aggression?
Speaker 2: Why the angst between Dolly Parton, America's new Betty White in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Keep her alive at all costs and Meghan Markle.
Speaker 1: Megan's barking on the wrong tree. She's barking on the wrong tree. Though she'll never win that fight.
Speaker 4: No, she will not. But I want to know why they're angry at all? Ey, there's a backstory there, Sandy, something's going on.
Speaker 3: I think you're probably right. Yeah, that's care, don't care. What's your name?
Speaker 4: Oh my name is Tricia.
Speaker 1: My name is Sandy More coming up, Andy and Tricia on Austin's eighties station one O three point one. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that these instacart specials for the for nineteen ninety nine, for the year nineteen ninety nine, the foods that are being offered up on special probably not.
Speaker 2: The healthiest, No, no, definitely not.
Speaker 3: So what instacart is doing is what so there?
Speaker 2: You know, how we Sandy? You and I just did it with our daughter at the beginning of summer. Were like, oh, remember what we used to do in the summer. I was off my grandparents. You were talking about playing with your friends, that kind of thing. So you get nostalgic about your childhood summers, and so Instacart's trying to help you relive that nostalgia by rolling back prices to nineteen ninety nine pricing for like iconic nostalgic snacks like hot pockets and otter pops.
Speaker 1: You know, I bagel bites. This is not a flex. But do you know I have never in my life eaten a hot pocket.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a flex at all. I feel sorry I said it was not a flex. Yeh, no, no, I'm just saying I wouldn't have mistaken it for that. I've been like, oh, right, I've never had one.
Speaker 4: Why not? Like, I don't know not.
Speaker 3: To I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess the commissary on base didn't carry the hot.
Speaker 2: Pocect oh they probably because everything was knockoff, was like warm.
Speaker 1: Pockets, but after it was a hot pouch instead of a warm pouch.
Speaker 2: Right, You brough you had friends over for the summer and you put out on the table warm pouches.
Speaker 4: Exactly not fun. So what Instacart did.
Speaker 2: They crunched the numbers to find out what it would take to match the nineteen ninety nine grocery prices. So they're giving you forty seven percent off on the favorites, also including kool Aid, kool Aid, Capri.
Speaker 3: Sun Oh, Caprice sons. I had a lot of those.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, clearly Canadian. Remember the water. I thought it was fancy because it was in the bottles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, clearly Canadian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just love it that they're trying to let you kind of relive your childhood summer.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Caprice sons. I used to love those.
Speaker 2: Oh but you know what, I'd get too.
Speaker 4: Excited and squeeze it. You're not supposed to squeeze.
Speaker 2: It once she gets right right, But then I would squeeze it and squirt it out, make a mess.
Speaker 4: It was just too excited to drink it. I didn't understand how the pouch worked or something.
Speaker 3: Kool Aid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, s'mores things, s'mores ingredients. Yeah, the Marshmallo is the chocolate and the gram crackers.
Speaker 3: Trisha'll eat a smore any day of the week.
Speaker 4: I don't care how hot it is outside. I will sweat my.
Speaker 2: Butt off at the grill at the open fire making a smore to eat it.
Speaker 4: But then I can only eat one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I get thirsty after, I know, but I want one so bad. Best thing after a smore is a glass of milk.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, and you don't drink.
Speaker 3: And I don't drink milk very often.
Speaker 2: Now that's interesting anyway, hooray at instacart.
Speaker 1: I remember I had when Tricia and I first started, when we first started living together, I had to call her out for drinking out of the milk drug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I lived myself. I had my own milk jug so I just go get a swig out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And she did it at my house and I was like, you can't do that, I know.
Speaker 4: And I was like, ye, my beds sor she's.
Speaker 3: Tricia, My name is Sandy. Stick around.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one austin dot com.