Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog. My dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? Or was it was? Standing up? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better hello, get somebody out here. Quin, I'm out there. I thought of a bit of about text nine. I don't know easy ann ount there, Yeah, I'm walking right.
Speaker 2: Hey, all right, Films have a welcome my guest to the show Bill. Muns. Welcome to the show Bill.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Pleasure to be here, Brian.
Speaker 2: I have been looking forward to this conversation. Obviously, anybody who's been following anything to do with the Bigfoot community. My feed has been blowing up over the last couple of weeks talking about this new documentary film capturing Bigfoot and this alleged new stuff that's out there in relation to the PG film. We're going to get into some of that, but before we do, let's set the stage for people who may not be familiar with you and your work on the PG film. Can you talk a little bit about how you got involved with this film and what that history has been like for you over the last few decades.
Speaker 3: My background is actually originally a makeup artist, starting with regular makeup and gravitating towards the special effects, the creatures, the monsters, all that stuff. But also back in the nineteen sixties, sixty seven, sixty eight, when Roger actually filmed is footage, I was a student filmmaker at Valley College, so I was actually shooting sixteen millimeter films same time Roger was. And what I found out I finally got involved heavily with the whole topic around two thousand and eight. What I found is that no prior researchers had those two areas of specialized knowledge. They were not filmmakers. They really didn't understand cameras, lenses, film stock, lab processing, all of that. They didn't understand it from the point of somebody who had done it and done it. And then when it gets to the question is what we see in the film? Is it something real or is it a guy running around in some kind of furk costume. In order to analyze that, you've got to be somebody who's actually designed and built for costumes. If you haven't done it, you really don't know enough to properly analyze it. So I came into this with those two backgrounds, which made me a sort of a unique analyst in the whole topic from beginning right up until the current day. It very quickly put me very high up in the hierarchy, if you will, of researchers. One of the things that I understood that nobody else did was most people, if they could get one copy of the film, they thought, Okay, I've got the film. What they didn't realize is that because everything we have is copies, we don't have the original to work with. Every copy is different in some way. Every copy has some information and maybe another copy doesn't have And these other people, not being filmmakers, didn't understand that, but I did. So I started scanning copies and I built up an archive of more scanned copies than any researcher had ever possessed, and that allowed me to do research on a level that nobody else could. Anything that comes up where someone sees something in a frame and says, oh, this is that. This is a hernie on the leg, this is a gunshot from the woods, anything like that, they just look at the one copy and they seem to think, Okay, that's it. As soon as that one of that topic comes up, I go to all my other copy and if it's not in all the other copies, then it's not original data. It's a copy artifact. Quite a few researchers have actually made mistakes because they were looking at one copy. Somebody looks at it and says, oh, there's a splice in my copy. Ha ha, it's been splice. It means somebody's doing something sneaky. I just go to another copy and see on this other copy, isn't splice in the same spot.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I go to the next copy. Is it splice there? No, Okay, the splice isn't in the original. It's in one of the copies, So it doesn't matter. It's irrelevant. Having that archive of all these copies allowed me to do research and nobody else could. All of that, combined my filmmaker background, my makeup effects background, plus the archive of copies that I built up and everything simply put me in a position where I can analyze the film in ways that nobody else can.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great place to start. Because you've spent so many years studying the film. I guess the question for me is when you first got involved in this, what was the first thing about the film that convinced you that it deserved to you taken so seriously and for you to do the work that you've been picked up and went into all those years.
Speaker 3: Oddly enough, the back of the neck. It's not exactly what you think of when you think about Patty. But because I've actually built ape suits and I've worked with them on set, know all the problems dealing with it. One of the biggest problems with an ape suit is until more recent stretch fur was available, but it wasn't back in the sixties. The problem is trying to keep where the head mask stops and where the tors goes start the back of the neck, trying and keep that smooth. Now, if you connect them, you're going to restrict the actor's ability to move that head left or right. In the old days, when they did it, they'd have a bunch of extra loose fur. They'd have a big fold back there, and in order to hide it, they made the shoulders much bigger, so you had these huge shoulders and this fold that allow for the head movement was buried between the shoulders. But when they started doing more normal shoulders, they couldn't do that. So what they would do is they would not attach the head to the body. They're actually separate, so the head could move around freely. Then the fur the head going down to the body gets all ruffled up as you turn the head from side to side, tilt the head up, tilted down, all that. Trying to keep that move after a radical turn of the head is damn near impossible. You just hope that the cameras looking from the front knock the back and doesn't see the back of the neck. In patterson film, we see the back of the neck almost the entire time, except for when she looks back real quick and then snaps her head back to look forward, moves on and we see the back of the neck again and it's as perfect after she turns as before she turned. We couldn't do that in nineteen sixty seven with any suit technology. It couldn't be done until nineteen eighty four, when they started using hair that had been tied into a spandex base stretched for Then they could go from the torso to that neck or torso to the head in a smooth spandex webbing, and it could handle all the movement and it would stay smooth. So it can be done now, but could not be done before nineteen eighty four. Patterson Films nineteen sixty seven, But the technology of that smooth back of the neck did not exist then. So actually that the one thing I was thinking of that actually in my mind said this is serious enough. I should really take a good look at it.
Speaker 2: Let's pass forward to the very moment we're sitting in now. Twenty twenty six, mid March. I mentioned it at the top of this. My feed has been blowing up over the last couple of weeks. I've been inundated with messages and emails and people sending text messages and asking me to weigh in on this new capturing Bigfoot documentary that's out there. I think all of this really started with somebody left a review for this film and it mentioned something about this alleged new footage that they've apparently showed in this documentary, and people are losing their minds over it. People are coming out of the woodwork and immediately it's a Patterson Gimlin Film's a fake, it's a hoax. Everybody's talking about it. They've got the smoking gun. You were actually in the film, along with people like Bob Heronymus, the late doctor, Jeff Meldrum, apparently Patricia Patterson's in it, Clint Patterson's in it. They've got all these folks, right. I think they even tried to do an interview with Iva Diatley, who was Roger Patterson's sister. Let's get to this point where you were actually in the film as well. When a'pturing Bigfoot first approach to you, What did they tell you that made you want to participate? Number one? And was there a point where you realized that the documentary seemed to be leaning in pretty hard on the idea that there was this Patterson Gimlin dress rehearsal film that they were going to drop in everybody's laps at some point in time during the documentary.
Speaker 3: I had heard through the rumor mill that somebody was working on a new documentary and it had some new footage nobody had ever seen before. So through the rumor mill I was hearing about this and found out what the name of the company was. Oddly enough, I sent them an email and said, I hear you have something you're putting together on this. I would certainly be very curious to see whatever new footage you have and perhaps even give you a professional appraisal on it if you are interested. They got right back to me the same day that said, thank you for reaching out, Bill. We were planning to content you. We definitely would like to interview for the film. So that's actually how it got started. It's funny, but all they told me was we have some new footage that has never been seen before. It came from a rather unusual place and could potentially change the way people see this Patterson Gimblin film. But they wouldn't give me any clues at all. Now, there were a couple of mystery footages that I've been searching for, and I was hoping that maybe it's this one, maybe it's that one. I even hinted to them telling him what I was hoping to see, and they assured me, no, it's not that, No, it's not Bailer. So going in I didn't have a clue what I was going to see. Now, they arranged to come up to near where I was living, in the mountain community outside Los Angeles and Lake Harrowhead. They got a house there for the day and they came up to me, brought the crew and everything, and we worked out a time I went over there before they would show me anything or tell me anything. They interviewed me for about four hours on the film and we went through everything. We really covered it comprehensively. I was very impressed by the amount of research they had done on it. Their questions were very intriguing. Clearly there was an element of skepticism in the form of their questions, but I had no problem with that at all, because I approach everything totally factually. If you can show me real evidence it shows it's a fake, I'll take it. I have no problem calling something a fake. There was something out there one called Matilda, and a guy brought me footage and wanted me to authenticate it. And I looked at it, and I had to tell them, sorry, guy, if you bock a mask with the hair replaced, and he begged me to reconsider that, say it was real, and I couldn't because I went where the facts went and I had to dismiss it. With a Patterson film, I go where the facts go, and if it actually goes to a hoax, I have no fear of going there at all. I admire the process more than the result. The result is simply if you do the process right. But I admire the process. Okay, if the process takes us to hoax, I'll go there. If it takes me to reel, I will go there, but I will go there the right way. I won't go there the wrong one. I was getting a feeling from them that they were skeptical and that they might be showing me something I would challenge the conventional thinking. We interviewed for about four hours. Finally, afterwards they actually showed me a video scan of the film clip and what it was. Starts out with someone pretending to be Bob Gimlin, guy on horseback with a Winchester rifle, and then he goes out of frame and someone that sort of looks like Patty in a modestly halfway decent suit and nothing spectacular, walks along through the wood, virtually duplicating to the end degree the Patterson film, including one pose where one foot is raised up so the sole of the foot straight up and down and you see the whole bottom of the foot and it's pure white, exactly like cebachrume seventy two of the Patterson Gimblin film. And it's virtually identical the post, which is really quite fascinating. Anyways, they showed me the video of the whole thing and said, what do you think. I said, Hey, it's obviously a man in suit. The suit isn't anything spectacular. It's not like an off the rack Halloween costume that Philip Morris would sell. It was custom made for this filming, but it's not Rick Baker, Stan Winston, John Chambers Hollywood quality. It's not anywhere near that.
Speaker 2: And stay tuned for Morse sasquat Chotasy will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: So I'd say, just some medium grade level of proficiency making the suit. They showed me the whole footage, so it starts out with his Bob Gimlin impersonator doing supposedly what Bob did in Bluff Creek, and then it has this guy in the suit doing the paddy walk and walking through there, and that's basically the clip. Then they actually gave me the physical film, actually held it in my hands. They gave me an eye loop ten X magnifier eye loop. I was able to actually look at the film because in the video you don't see any of the edge code or marking on the sides, and that's valuable information about the film. You can only see that if you're actually looking at the actual film, or if you have a scan that literally has the full width side to side, including all those rocket holes. So I'm looking at the film and they're filming me while I'm doing that. I hope it's in the documentary, but I haven't seen it, so I don't know. But anyways, they're filming me while I'm examining it, and I'm speaking out loud at what I'm saying, and I tell them, Okay. This is filmed on codochrome two film stock. It has a manufacturer's date code of nineteen sixty six. It was manufactured at the Rochester, New York plant. It is a camera original. It is not a print or copy. It was photographed with a Kodak K one hundred camera, most likely the single lens model, not the three lens turret model. And I was looking at it. I was able to tell them all of those things about the film by the physical exam. So everything I've just told you, now those are the facts of its actual film. Okay, So anybody who's talking about what is it and everything else, it is codo chrome. It has a camera date code, which means when it was manufactured nineteen sixty six. Okay. It was manufactured at the Rochester, New York plant. It is a camera original, It is not a copy. It was shot with a Kodak K one hundred camera, probably the single lens version. So all of those are the facts of this film. So I was able to determine that in my physical exam. Now it comes down to the big question what is this? There are two possible explanations. Is it a rehearsal for a later hoax, which many people claim, or is it an after the fact replica where you have the PGF and someone tries to duplicate it. And I discussed again on camera for then I discussed the considerations that would go into either one of those explanations. My conclusion personally is that it is a replica after the fact, and the reason I conclude that is because you can't say it's a rehearsal for the final PGF hoax unless you can first prove the PGF is a hoax, but not with it film. You have to prove it to hoax some other way. So far, nobody's ever done that. So if you can't start by saying, we prove the PGF as a hoax, so we can say this is a rehearsal of it, you can't do that until you prove the PGF as a hoax, and nobody's done it, so they're trying to do it with everything in the documentary, but until somebody actually offers a conclusive proof that it's a hope, you can't really go with the rehearsal scenario. It doesn't work because you couldn't do the rehearsal and then Roger goes out and films the real thing, and the real thing, spontaneous and totally uncontrolled by Roger, is a perfect match for rehearsal. That's impossible if it's real. Roger had no control what happened. But he had no control over it. So if he had a rehearsal in mind, he's not telling Patty what to do. So if it's real, the rehearsal thing falls apart. It simply makes no sense. A replica, on the other hand, makes perfect sense because you literally have Prince framed Prince of the PGF to look at. Okay, at this point, what's my poe. I'm standing here, My right foot's raised up so high that we can see the bottom of my foot. And whoever made the costume made the feet white. Now nobody in the right mind make it a bigfoot or an ape suit or gorilla suit would make the feet white. That makes no sense. You'd make them a medium brown, or if it's a gorilla suit, a black skin tone. You might make the soul in the palm a little lighter than it'd be a light kind of pinkish baige, but it wouldn't make it white. But this one, the feet are white in the PGF. If you have a copy of some of the frames and they expose to try to bring up detail in Patty's body, which is dark, you overexpose the feet and they look white. So if somebody making the costume was shown the PGF and they're shown these stills and wow, the feet are white, I'll have to make the feet white to match it. That's exactly what it looks like. But if it was a rehearsal and you had no idea what was coming next, nobody making that costume would have made the feet white. There is no reason for that. It defies all logic for building a costume if you want it to look correct. It only makes sense if you understand that it's a replica. I shorted through all of these pros and cons of both a rehearsal or a replica. Now what they have in the final cut of the film, I don't know. I haven't actually seen that, so I don't know how much of it they used. They couldn't have used at all. I talked too much, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to interject the question here. This is where I'll play a little bit of Devil's advocate, I think, because I guess the confusion from me and maybe some of the audience that are going to be listening to this is if what you said is true and it looks like this was filmed in nineteen sixty six, which is pre sixty seven.
Speaker 3: The film stock was manufactured in sixty six. There's nothing on it that indicates when it was filmed. Now, some people say that, but there's no actual proof. Like the director himself is quoted as saying, we had some experts, so they looked at it and they determined it was shot late sixty six, early sixty seven. With no disrespect to the director. That's not a fact. That's just a claim. But it's not a fact because if it's a fact, you have to say who the experts are, give us a name, what's their resume? Then what evans did they look at? You can't just say, yeah, they looked at the film. What specifically in the film did they look at? Did they find the date code that the lab put on it? If so, the date code the lab put on wouldn't say maybe late sixty six are early sixty seven, would have a date December tenth in sixty six or something like that, if it was a code of any kind, would have a specific day. So they don't have a day. The only thing that seems to make sense is they had somebody look at the foliage in the picture and say, what kind of looks like winter. That means late sixty six, early sixty seven. But winter in sixty six sixty seven looks the same as winter in sixty seven sixty eight. Last I checked, when winter comes, there's no year in written in the trees. So if they're looking at the foliage, yeah, they could identify time of year, but they couldn't identify year. Now, all of this comes up with this quote about we think it was shot late sixty six early sixty seven. They have offered nothing to explain how that conclusion was reached. And if they can't explain how the conclusion was reached, they're not offering a fact. They're offering a claim, an idea, an opinion, a maybe, but they're not offering a fact until they tell you who the experts are, what they actually examined, what their method was of studying the evidence to get to that conclusion. They haven't offered yet.
Speaker 2: So just to be clear here, it sounds like to me, you're saying that it's possible that this was shot on a Kodak K one hundred film, possibly the single lens. It was Coda chrome filmed dated from nineteen sixty six. But you're saying it's possible that the people who made this film, or somebody independent of them, may have went out yesterday or last week or ten months ago and use that film to film something that looks very similar that might be a replica of sorts of the actual PG film. Is that what I'm hearing you. I don't want to put words in your mouth, just.
Speaker 3: Let me know. When film is manufactured, it's good for years, it's good for decades if it started right. So at any time after nineteen sixty six, somebody could have taken a roll of film and gone out and shot this. Yes, now, it wouldn't have happened after twenty ten because Dwayne's camera I think during Nebraska or Kansas somewhere. That's the last lab in the country that developed codochrome, and they shut down the lab in December twenty ten, So it was not shot after twoy ten. But in terms of when it could have been shot, it could have been shot in sixty seven, sixty eight, sixty nine, seventy, seventy one, seventy It could have been shot any of those times. The date code doesn't tell you when it was shot. And the film is good and codek codo chrome processing was available during all those years, so yeah, it could have been shocked any of that time after the fact.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing that happened when I kind of stayed quiet on this, but just a couple of days ago, somebody that I know and respect on the Bigfoot community. I don't know him personally, we're not friends, but I've had Eric Pelasios on from Harryman Road. He's done a lot of four year requests freedom of information request across the country in different states, and he's gotten tons of things back from the government. They frankly nobody else has been able to get because they don't know the process or take the time to do this. But Eric has produced his own documentary films in the past, and I don't know if that's how this happened, but he actually went to a screening and got to see Capturing Bigfoot, and he came back right after it looked like just a couple hours maybe after he had seen this film, and he sets down and does this thirty three minute or so reaction video, and he's talking about this film in this reaction video, and he's pretty convinced that this forty second or so clip that we're talking about now from nineteen sixty six. He says, it's spot on Patty. In his opinion, he's pretty convinced that what he saw was what he believes to be the dress rehearsal for this right. So once that came out, I went on and did a couple of lives over on my social media, and I don't think it was fifteen minutes after I posted the first one, my phone rings and it's Doug Hicheck, and Doug's calling me saying, hey, man, I saw your post. I want to talk a little bit about this and give you a little inside information. So Doug and I have a thirty minute or so conversation, and Doug is telling me that he's pretty convinced that this is something that's been known in the Bigfoot community for decades, that Roger and Bob were filming a documentary when they filmed Patty. That's why they were in the woods with a freaking camera when this happened in nineteen sixty seven. And Doug is simply saying he believes, although he hasn't seen the footage, that this is probably a part of or a piece of that b roll footage that was being filmed at one point in time or the other, when Roger and Bob were filming for this Dock coumentary that was ultimately produced, I had seen several people say that that is the narrative that I'm seeing in the Bigfoot community from people that are obviously on the side. They're siding with Bob and Roger. They believe Patty's real, they believe in the footage. They're going to that saying, hey, this is just b roll. We've known about it for years. Nothing to see here kind of thing. But I've also talked to people like Eric. I haven't talked to Eric personally, but what Eric described seeing, he was very adamant that's not what he was looking at. Again, it's a very subjective thing for a lot of people. If you haven't seen that, it's possible to get confused, I think. So I reached out to Todd Prescott over at the Sasquatch Archives. He's the only person that I know that actually has a copy of not only Roger Patterson's documentary that he eventually produced and released, but he also has the BBC documentary that was done on the film as well. So Todd is a pretty knowledgeable person when it comes to bigfoot stuff. So I reached out to Todd yesterday and I said, Hey, this is circling the drain here about this potential nineteen sixty six smoking gun footage that people are talking about in this new documentary could possibly be a piece of this b row footage. Man, you got a copy of it? Can you tell me is it in the dock? Because that would solve everything. Right if we can pull up the documentary that Roger Patterson filmed and produced and this forty second clip is in there, and you compare the two and it's the same thing, this is pretty much case closed in my opinion. But Todd told me it wasn't in either one of those documentaries. Now was it something that got left on the cutting room floor? Again, if you take it another step forward, that is always a possibility. But that sort of gave me pause a little bit to say, I don't think it's the be roll footage. I think we're talking about something different here, which is what it sounds like we're talking about during this conversation, that it could have been filmed at some point in time after the PG film was filmed and released. So there's something else that could be potentially going on there. For me, I think it becomes more of the total the circumstances. I know you and I just met, so you don't know a ton about me, and you probably don't listen to the show. But I am one of these people that always looks at the totality of the circumstances.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If someone says something wants and there's nothing to back it up, then okay. But then if you go into these other layers, and there certainly appears to be layers in this documentary. Again, I'm relying very heavily on what Eric said in his reaction video, but you do have Clint Patterson, you do have Patricia Patterson in the documentary, and it seems, at least from what he's claiming that he watched, they seem to be validating the fact that this was a hoax and that they're not surprised by this footage, because that was the other thing. In addition to showing it to you, they showed it to the late doctor Jeff Meldrum, they showed it to Bob Eronymous, they showed it to Clint, they showed it to Patricia, and there was obviously reaction videos. That's TV one oh one. You sit somebody down and show them something they're not expecting, and then you get their reaction. That was one of the things that Doug and I had a conversation about it, and I don't think Doug would have an issue with me talking about this publicly. He said that Jeff was also ambushed at some event he was doing, and these folks just showed up and showed him this, and he wasn't expecting the footage, and his reaction that seen on camera is more of I got ambushed here, and it was more about the way that it was shown to him, and it wasn't necessarily being framed that he was so surprised by this alleged footage. The way it was presented. At least that Eric got from the documentary was that Jeff was almost teary eyed because it seems like he was watching his dreams dissolve in front of him about the Patterson Gimlin film. And I just don't know that's necessarily accurate. And I didn't know that until Doug called me and he said Jeff actually called him right after that and said, look, these guys just ambushed me. I just thought it was really icky the way that they did it, and that knowing Jeff the way that I knew him seems more accurate to me of what may or may not have happened. Again, it's hard to say because you were in the film and you haven't seen the final result. So I guess that leads me to a couple of questions here. Number one, before anybody's calling this a smoking gun, which there are plenty of people out there doing right now as we speak, what do you think of the first questions that need to be answered about that particular clip? And I guess the second part of that would be, how important to you is the chain of custody with something like that compared to what people think they see on screen? And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: As far as what people should think going in, we clearly know there are two possible explanations, a rehearsal before the fact or a replica after the fact. If people actually want to go into this logically scientifically, with true critical thinking, they have to variously consider both alternative literally list all of the pros and cons really try to understand the logic of Okay, if you have this fact, does it go to the next fact? Does it go to the next fact? You need a logical structure of ideas. You have to think about pretty much everything that you're seeing in the film, but you have to really weigh these two alternatives realistically. If you automatically dismiss one because you want to go the other way, you're not a critical thinker. And unfortunately, that's a lot of what's happening. So many people who want to believe the film's a hoax. They are so excited about this that they just utterly and completely dismiss the alternative without thinking it through. That's not critical thinking, but that's what a lot of people or doing. So what I think people should do is really realistically start putting both ideas on the table and then working through the logic of each idea and what does it need in order to fit together, and work through the whole logic of each one of them. I saw this film for the first time almost a year ago, so I've had a year to work through these two alternative and the whole logic structure of if it's a rehearsal or if it's replica. Okay, most people, now, I've only known about this for a couple of days maybe, and they're trying to process it, but they don't have anywhere near as much time to think through these two alternatives and really seriously analyze all the ramifications. To any assumption you make, you have to follow that to its logical conclusion. Does it fit the puzzle? If it comes up in a piece that doesn't fit, is not a good fit. It's literally like a jigsaw puzzle, all of the logical components of each explanation, and you have to think of it. Do all the pieces fit together? In my appraisal, they only fit together with a replica. But for people who if they really want to do it's right and they really want to call themselves a critical thinker, they have to be courageous enough to explore both possibilities in detail without making a snap decision. So that's what I would suggest for people going into it with that. In terms of chain and custody, that's not really that important. I know a lot of people think it is, but in this case, no, it's actually not. It is so close to the Patterson Gimlin the true Fellow, So close to it. It's obviously related somehow. All of its value is in understanding how it's related. But the chain of custody actually isn't that significant. From what I was told, it came to them from the daughter of a man who worked at Boeing Aircraft. The man had it in his safe for many years. He could have been the man who helped make this film and then when after it was seen, he kept it. I can't imagine him having it if he wasn't part of making the film. He might have been the person who helped Al Diatley get the PGF processed when Al miraculously had it done over a weekend when they say the Seattle lab was closed on Saturday night, Al somehow worked a miracle and got it processed. Nobody knows how, and Al conveniently forgot, which of course he didn't. I just didn't want to say it, but it raises the question, and maybe he went through this man at the Boweling Aircraft facility in their photographic unit who helped him get it processed somehow. There's a lot of speculation about that. But anyways, from what I was told of the custody is that it came from the daughter or this man who worked at Boweling, and he had it and is safe since way back when, the late sixties, early seventies whenever, and he kept it in the safe, and when he passed away, the daughter opened the safe, she found it. She suspected it might be valuable. She contacted the film company. That's the story I've been told. But I don't really consider the chain of custody issue. I don't see that as really making a difference in terms of how we analyzed it. So I never actually gave it a great deal of thought. I just more or less accepted the that they told me of how they came about it.
Speaker 2: This is another question that came up after Eric did his reaction video after seeing Capturing Bigfoot the documentary. He was pretty convinced, at least from his naked eye. He says that the film that they show this forty plus second clip is pretty stable according to him, versus what we see in the PG film, and Patty seems to be a little bit closer or the person in this suit in this particular clip we're talking about, And he says, I'm paraphrasing here, but it's pretty much in his opinion, spot on. So I want to go back to that for you. You've seen the clip as well, So in that footage from nineteen sixty six, does that suit I guess we could say, quote unquote Patty in that clip. Does it represent Patty in any meaningful technical way for you? Or is that being overstated by Eric and some of the other people that have automatically thrown the towel in and said that is definitely the same suit that is Patty one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Most people, like yourself think when you look at the film, all you're looking at is what does the suit look like? But you're not. When you're looking at the film, you're looking at what is she doing? How is she walking? And the walk is a near perfect replica, and your brain, because you're not actually looking at the suit, you're looking at the walk and the walk is amazingly similar. It's easy for a person's brain to transpose that and say, yeah, it was a dead on ringer, And they think they were looking at the suit, so they think it's a match when it's not. But because the walk was a match in their brain, they're trying to reconstruct it in their mind. In their brains, they're thinking, yeah, it looked at on. It wasn't the suit, it was the walk that was so similar. It made you think, wow, this is a perfect match. When I saw it, I don't have any stilts, they didn't give me any keep, so I haven't looked at it since eleven months ago, So my recollection of the actual appearance of the suit is more vague. But my reaction was it was not terribly close to her in any way, and most particularly, the head mask was a typical head mask of human wears, and it does not even come close to matching the head shape of Patty, which is so completely unique because right above her browridge, her head goes straight backwards and the human head goes up, and any mask of human is wearing the forehead goes up. So if I'm looking at something and somebody says it is real or fake, that's the first thing I'll look at. The moment I see the forehead going straight up, I really start thinking faye. But I don't recall seeing a head shape. That's one of my strongest arguments Pjeff being real. I don't recall seeing anything in there that was anything other than an ordinary mask of human wears. The body proportions were not as well done as some people might say. I was not of that impression, so I did not see the body itself as being a match or a particularly good match. The walk impressed me, though. They really did work at getting the walk dead on. And I think that confuses a lot of people. Like I say, they're thinking about it after the fact. They're trying to think about what suit looked like, but they're actually thinking how perfect the walk was, and that transposes in their brain and their brain just says, yeah, it looked like her. Think that's where that's coming from with a lot of people.
Speaker 2: And you certainly may be right. This is the other thing, And I don't know if you have any clue or not. I know how it is to be a part of a certain section of a documentary, and it's compartmentalized information. You don't necessarily know what else is there until you see the final product. But to your knowledge, this is the other thing that blew me away about people jumping on this bandwagon, and it's all about this new potential footage that is the smoking gun. But do you know or have any information on whether or not the actually addressed the trackway that was found there because that was the single handed thing. Frankly, that was the thing that convinced Jeff Meldrum that the PG film was real. He said it the first time I ever interviewed him on the show years ago. He said, Brian, I am as convinced as I could be if I were standing there next to them on that sandbar. That's a real breathing creature, a sasquatch, because of the footprints alone and the foot morphology, and that is a big thing. There are plenty of prints there, examples everywhere, People own replicas of them. It's not hard to find this stuff. So do you know if they address that at all in the documentary or does that not fit the narrative that they're trying to portray here, So they steered themselves away from that. But do you know if they addressed the tracks at all and the validity of those in addition to what's on the film.
Speaker 3: As I say, I was enterviet to over four hours. They asked me everything except whether she likes boxers or briefs, So we probably touched on the trackway. I don't have any recollection that they gave it a lot of emphasis. If they did, and so I'm not expecting anything in the documentary dealing with that. No, but Jeff is right, it's conclusively done by a real biological specimen. It's not stompers, it's not somebody scooping out dirt to make each trackway or anything. It's real. Yeah. I agree with that wholeheartedly, but I don't recall anything that's going to be this documentary that goes in that direction.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to be respectful your time. So I guess the last question Slash giving you the floor here would be, in your opinion, what is the biggest leap that people are making right now from this new footage exists to absolutely case closed this film it has been proven to be a hoax? And I guess that would lead into what's the last word from you? You've done arguably more work on this film than frankly anybody has ever done, and studied it at nauseum. What do you think the biggest leap people are making right now from this new footage to it proving case closed this is a hoax? And I guess what's the last word you want to leave people with about the film, your experience with it, taking into consideration this new documentary.
Speaker 3: As much as I know, the two big eased for most of the people who are getting excited about it are either the idea that the new footage is a rehearsal and that it was supposedly shot before the PGA. A lot of people are grabbing onto that saying, okay, case clothes and.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more sasquatch outaesy, we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: The other thing I'm hearing is the people who are saying Roger's son, Clint, says it's a hoax, and they imply that maybe Patricia said something along that line as well that for some people they're leaping to what Clint apparently said and saying that's it. Okay, case close. So there seem to be both of those elements that most of the people who were talking it up embrace one or the other. Some embrace both. As they say, they're not really thinking it through properly, and I don't want to say that like I'm demeaning them in any way. They don't really understand how this information has to be processed correctly. Now the rehearsal thing, rehearsal replica, we've already talked about that, and you were talking about the whole b roll thing that maybe this was Bero or such like that. There's another issue which actually doesn't get a lot of talk, but which I'm very strong believer in, and that's the fact that I do believe Roger did buy a suit and I do believe he put Bob Ranymous in it and went out in the woods and filmed him. Now it's not the PGF that we see, but I believe that Roger actually did that. Okay, if so, when the producers were talking to me, we have puttage nobody's ever seen before. I thought that was the footage. I thought Roger's dry run with Bob Eronymous, that's the one I'm going to see. They said no, But I believe that footage exists. And if it does, if I'm correct in what Aberonimus says, and probably a lot of what Philip Moore says could be true. But that footage is not the PGF. It's something else. Now. The reason I'm drawn to that, a man named Harry Kimball wrote a letter to some TV show producers who did a Big Poot documentary back in ninety six and he said in this declaration letter, I worked at Cana West Labs in nineteen sixty seven and Roger came to the lab with some footage he had shot of a tall front of his in the woods in an ape suit. And they all looked at the footage and they all laughed at how silly it was. Now this guy, Harry Kimball working in the lab, he described this footage precisely in the technical specifications. He said it was shot on high speed hectochrome. He said it was cooked in hot soup. Of vernacular for a forced processing you overdeveloped to commensate for under exposure. We also call that pushing. So he said the film was pushed. He's cooked in hot soup, he said. Roger zoomed in and out. He said, he's shot with a camera other than the K one hundred. Now, soon as researchers like Chris Murphy and Peter burn and everybody got this letter, Peter burn actually talked to the guy who corresponded with him and get more information. But Burne, Chris Murphy, everybody who knew about it pretty much dismissed it because they said the guy's wrong on everything. He's not describing the PGEF. Everything technically is wrong. PGF codochrome not ectochrome. It was developed perfectly. Roger has a prime lens on his camera, he does not have a zoom, and we know for a certainty it's a K one hundred. So the guy's wrong. So they said, Okay, he's wrong, just a crank, no big deal. I saw the letter and I thought it more about it. I had studied Roger's other documentary footage. I had a reel of six hundred and fifty feet of other footage, what you call b roll that Rogers shot, just mostly landscapes and stuff. One thing where he photographed a guy who did have a big foot encounter got named Fred Beck photographed him apparently he was possibly going to use him in his documentary. But I studied his footage that Roger had shot before he did the PGF, and I found out that Roger did shoot ectochrome. He did force develop or push one of the rolls. You can tell because the grain structure is greatly expanded when you do that, and on this one roll the grain structure was insanely big. He did use a zoom lens, including a ten to one zoom on some of his cameras, and he shot other cameras other than K one hundred, probably an aeroflex. So I looked at this letter that Harry Kimball wrote and realized the technical specifications he described perfectly describe some of Roger's other documentary footage, beating me to conclude. He really saw some footage that Rogers shot with a guy in an apes. I believe that really happened. Now, his son Clint, in this documentary says, I saw my father burn the suit. Okay, fine, it's probably the suit that he bought that he put anonymous in and shot and then put the footage away because it look silly. That's probably the suit he burned. So yeah, Clint's telling the truth. His father burned a suit, but it's not the PGF, it's not Patty, it's not the Patty suit. Things like that. At first glanced, she listened to what Clint is saying, and they think, ah, oh okay, proof of Holks Stune deal. But if you understand this other footage Roger probably shot, aside from almost totally vindicating Bob her on him, it explains Clint's observation after Roger shot PGF and it was real, and he was thinking of going down to the theaters and showing it and making money with al. He suddenly realized, Oh, so people know I've got a suit and I shot somebody in it. That could damage my credibility, that could hurt this theatrical show. So I better get rid of the suit. That makes all the sense in the world to me. So when I heard when Clint was saying, oh, yeah, I saw my father burn the suit, it didn't rattle me in any way, because it's perfectly logical. If Roger really did get a suit, put Eronymous in it and shoot fell and show it at Canos Labs that Harry Kimball saw, Roger really did all that, and his documentary footage suggests he did, because technically at Matt everything perfectly. If he did all that, then what Clint is saying makes perfect sense. Doesn't prove the film to hoax, but it makes sense. This is where we have to look under the surface of a lot of these claims instead of rushing to judgment. If we look under the surface, the story is even more amazing. But it's not necessarily going to be the story that people want when they want to believe in a hoax. There are other explanations for it. If they're not open to those possibilities, then they're just living in fantasy land, and I hope they enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything coming up?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 2: Are you working on anything else you want to tell everybody about while we've got the opportunity before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: I am working on a follow up book, probably have it out in the summer. I will actually be addressing this Capturing Bigfoot film, my involvement, my analysis. Hopefully by then there will be some public access to some of the stills from it. I'd love to be able to show them. I do plan on talking a lot about it, and now that this whole crazy controversy is going on, it gives me even more to discuss, so I can actually go through to a lot of people putting out all these ideas. I can make a nice list of them, and then I can go right through them, item by item and address every single one of them. I am working on the book now. I'm expecting it's going to take a few more months to finish, hopefully to have it out sometime in the summer, and it will specifically deal with a lot of the mysteries, the controversies, tying up the loose ends, trying to make sense of all of the crazy stuff that's swirling around the Patterson film.
Speaker 2: We'd love to have you back when the book comes out. I will link to your first book when Roger Matt Patt if you guys can go over there and pick that up. Bill, thanks so much for taking the time to come on explain some of this stuff. I've had an absolute blast talking to you.
Speaker 3: Pleasure.
Speaker 4: They say you don't gotta go home, but you.
Speaker 2: Can't stay, and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be a.
Speaker 4: World happen.
Speaker 5: Try this chart that chid everything call me ride back right back and the joy for me, Joy stay right, come it right away, Sassie Still start things said say stands side side stay stay State, still say games stays states and things stay nay nay ens