Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Ray unrebellian Mazy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we're talking about a poll that was conducted by the University of Massachusetts that found the highest percentage of Massachusetts residents ever or i should say, in over four years, police base state is on the wrong track. Forty one percent of the respondents say the common walts moving in the wrong direction. Do you agree or disagree if you go back just two years ago, little over, well, no, actually four years ago, to go back to the height of the COVID pandemic in August of twenty twenty, things were pretty tough. Back then, twenty eight percent of the people in Massachusetts felt the state was in the wrong direction. Now four years later, it's forty one percent. So we got problems, and that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna talk about them. We'll continue on here. Who Bill and Lowell has called back. So let's let's give Bill a shot. He was he was on before. Bill, you were back here, go right ahead, sir. Well, maybe he's not, so we'll put him on hold again. We're patient. He gets three three shots. Let's go to Eric and Appleborrow. Hey, Eric, how are you tonight.
Speaker 3: Good Dan, How are you doing.
Speaker 2: Well? It's great to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: No, I I've been trying to call a little bit more. I mean, just you know, quick back, I've listened to you since i'd say two thousand and eight, like twenty ten, probably the first time.
Speaker 2: So I've been doing this show since since two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, yes, and I mean, I will admit there's been you know, periods of time like when I'm just not listening to am radio. So like you know, just like sometimes just follow out the way you know I'm gonna. I've always enjoyed into your show. It's it's but also you know, it's it's quality, it's solid. And that's why I wanted to point this out when you talk about this poll, like there's something that's so much more profound in terms of like the way that the you know, forty years ago, like being the United Nations, you know, classified a refugee. Okay, if somebody that was like whose life was in danger in their home country and they needed asylum, that was like a very furious, real, you know, threat to that to that person who required asylum. And I and I mean I followed this, you know, I read a lot of the you know, I've just been following this topic pretty closely with the changes with the United Nations, and slowly over the course of time that the ground has been softened for where economic migrant becomes interchangeable with refugee and you know kind of you know, to explain to people that the necessity to have to bring in people that are not refugees like fleeing a crisis in their home country, it's it's baffling to Americans that, you know, I would say, you know, the critical costs to live like food, housing, transportation, medical, I'm forty five years old. I'd say that these costs have astronomically exploded in proportion to like wages and earnings for just ordinary working class, you know, like you know, middle class, you know, middle to upper middle to lower just working people, like their wages do not keep pace with these exploding costs.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, they certain paced in the last four years. We've had a huge in Anybody who who's gone to a grocery store recently understands that, oh yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 3: And then that's another thing too, so so like another part of the root of the rot is like somehow like with you know, morphing the definition of a refugee and migrant into like you know, one and the same, like almost you know, it's pathological altruism. I mean, you know, I don't mean to use that as a pejorative, but it's true. Like there is a force you know, certain social uh you know political, you know forces you know who are passionate about their beliefs that you know, rally for you know, social justice. I respect it, but almost you know, make it the imperative, like a moral imperative for a monolithic, homogenous group to have to welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well well said and well reasoned. I would just simply.
Speaker 3: There was just one one more thing I wanted to say, and I appreciate you. Let me speak then, like is that see inflation? Like we all know it's real, I mean like strict you know, I mean the print you know, just the availability of I don't like to say money machine go burr, but the printing of the money during you know, during the pandemic, you know, money that you know for the Cares Act, and also money that was you know, injected by the Federal Reserve into the equity markets to retire treasury stock. I mean, you know, that is inflation, and that's the other crisis we have. We have leadership that tells us. Number one, we don't have a national identity. We're just an idea. Like America is just an idea. It's not a nation state. It's not a civilizational state, like like there's no such thing as an American. It's an idea. And also we have leadership that lies to us. I mean that that you know, everyone knows. I mean it's real, like that inflation is or was real. And but for leadership, and it's both sides, Okay, Democrat, Republic, it's all the same. See the Press secretary is up there, just you know, obfuscating, contorting, conflating, you know, just totally. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, ye let me bring you back here, let me let me really you back in for a second. Okay, first, okay, no, no, I'm just saying that you've hit upon some wonderful points. But one, we no longer have borders. Okay. We've had millions of people across our borders from around the world. I think it's one hundred and eighty five countries that come in from It's just not people coming across from Mexico or people sneaking in from Canada. It's a worldwide crisis now, maybe because travel is easier. Look anyone who is studying this and has looked at the people coming across the border. You have the people who clearly have nothing except the clothes in their back, and yet I saw groups of Chinese people coming in with rollaway luggage dressed they look like they were a professional soccer team on a CBS report that sharonel Fonsi did a few months ago. So there's a white swathe here. In addition to that, we have a federal debt of thirty five trillion dollars. What percentage of the American public do you think could quote that figure accurately? I assume you know what that number is. What percentage of the American public do you think knows or cares how much of a federal debt this country is carrying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a very small minute percentage, Like actually realize the enormity of what that means. So we have dumbed down.
Speaker 2: We have dumbed down intentionally with dumbed down high schools. No longer do they teach any sort of home act or civics sort of the basic courses that high school students need to get a little bit a knowledge about. They don't they don't them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, see I look at you know, that's a big part. Like it's so easy to point out, you know, to point out the problems and unfortunately, you know, well that's what I thought. And and my part of like a radical solution I have, which could be you know, depending on which well which you know, Trust and Safety Council, uh, social media, uh, you know, mechanism however they deem you know, my my radical solution or one is I want, you know, for children. I mean, that's the future of a nation, is the children. And beyond just being equipped with Shakespeare and trigonometry. I want children. I mean radical overhaul of public you know, education system or maybe a pail system that's made available, you know. I mean I'm speaking in ideological terms.
Speaker 2: Out No, it's called charter schools. It's called charter schools, but the public steachers unions. But death to that.
Speaker 3: Well, but but I guess i'd say to utopian sense of the word, it would be a public school where we're going to cut out some of the trigonometry in Shakespeare and we're going to teach kids two primary like concepts like from K through twelve, which is number one is you know, self defense and taking care of oneself. So it's not just you know, self defense and combat, but also how to forage for food, how to prepare a meal, how to properly thought out, you know, meet, you know how to, you know how to do laundry. As they get older, you know how to you know multituder things. And then another philosophy is you know how you know first aid, like caring for their comrade or for their neighbor. Because we don't have a hot we no longer have high trust society in massachut.
Speaker 2: Is Eric, I think you're you're in And I'm not criticizing to hear, but I just think that it's getting a little idyllic care And yeah, we used to look. Look, kids used to join the Cup Scouts and the Boy Scouts and they would learn that sort of stuff. They'd learn, life saving, they would learn. But but that is now fallen out of vogue. I mean, uh, the Boy Scouts I don't think really exist any longer because they were considered to be a sexist organization. There was the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts, and now I think so so that was attacked, that institution was attacked by people who didn't understand the value of it. That you know, boys could grow up and be boys, girls could grow up and be girls, and then eventually, you know, obviously they they end up going in high school together or whatever. So a lot of the fundamental institutions in this country have been have been set upon and destroyed. And a lot of those attitutions that you that you're talking about taught some of this self reliance and all of that. But it's a huge it is, it is a huge problem. I will never have lack of topics to talk about, but I want to focus tonight on what we can do to turn the call multa Massachusetts around. We're a one party state. It's as simple as that. So when you go to the polls, vote for the same people in office. If you're happy with what's going on, vote for the same people that are in office. Now, never vote against Incombon State Rep. We've talked about that so many times. And I don't mean to get up here in a soapbox and I'm just saying that people got to wake up.
Speaker 3: Oh No, it's good stuff. You're right, got to wake up. I can tell you my wake up call kind of came in twenty eighteen when I actually attended the first town council, you know, for the municipality I lived in at the time, and started to actually like just pay attention to how local politics work and how decisions are made on how to you know.
Speaker 2: On how Eric. I hate to do this to you, man. We've done eleven minutes and my producer's going to be screening the way past you. You do the next time you call, Let's focus down on one or two topics, because I think the two of us kind of spun off each other here and I'm not sure that that that I can't the call as well as I should have.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, yeah, I appreciate, I hear me a good point, and thank you for you know, letting me express myself.
Speaker 2: In Yeah, call, call more often, and let's focus on what we're talking about that particular night, and then you can call frequently. That's what I That's what I need you. People people call and they feel they got to get everything out at one time, and what I'd rather do is just deal with one or two topics tonight. I'm talking about the direction of the common wealth and what can we do to make Massachusetts better. We got a lot of stuff going for us, but right now we have a situation where we got people coming in here who are just taking money away from programs that we need for people in Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: I agree, I mean, I think the number one thing people get, the compassionate and considerate or the surroundings to begin with, absolutely good.
Speaker 2: Agree with you more. Thanks, Eric, appreciate it, Thank you much. All right, coming right back. I promise I'll move it quit more quickly. Eric's was a good guy, good caller. One word led to another. Let's focus on Massachusetts and let's focus on what we can do to make Massachusetts work better. We got problems right now. Okay, this poll shows the problems, but they identify solutions which will only make the problems, in my opinion, worse. If you agree, fine, if you disagree, even better. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: What we'll get Massachusetts back on track. This poll says forty one percent of people in Massachusetts think we're on the wrong track. What will get us back in the right track? Joe and Dorchester. Joe next on Nightside, go righthead, Joe.
Speaker 4: How are you doing, Dan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. What's on your mind tonight?
Speaker 5: What can get us back.
Speaker 2: On the right track.
Speaker 5: I was just listening to the last conversation. It was all over. But anyway, Uh. I used to drive a bus for in Massachusetts, you know, for Boston obviously, and I remember a couple of guys got on the bus. I used to drop them off in Long Island shelter over there in Quincy, and they would say, oh, we love Massachusetts, we love coming here. I said, hey, why you know, we get free sneakers, we get free boots, we get this, you know, you get it at check you know. I said, Wow, that's great. Huh, you know, and it's just all free.
Speaker 2: It's all free, right.
Speaker 5: All free, everything free. And you know, I'm like, wow, this is justin here. I am a busting my fanny, you know. And these guys get it for free, you know.
Speaker 2: But uh, well again that that's the culture that we have in Massachusetts. And guess what, there were people in Massachusetts who really need help. They're not getting the help.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, a lot of people are disability and everything. They were getting like eighteen dollars a month for food stamps, you know, and need people that need it. They worked before, you know, it wasn't it wasn't a handle. They worked there and you know, they needed the money and they couldn't get anything.
Speaker 2: We're spending one billion. We're spending one billion dollars a year on people who have come to Massachusetts because they know they're from they're not from this country. I have I have no problem with people coming here legally, but I have a huge problem with people coming here illegally.
Speaker 5: Let's help all people they live here, you know, and people that come legally. That's all. It's not high I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not rocket science, is what we're saying. You know.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll let you go.
Speaker 2: Daan, thank you, Joe, thank you much, appreciate your focus. Thank you. By no, let's keep let's keep rolling. He love to hear from some new callers tonight as well on this. Let me go to Peg up in Haveril, Peg. Welcome. We're we're talking about Massachusetts. According to a U to a U, mass Amherst Pole being on the ron track. Do you think we're on the right track of the wrong track here in Massachusetts. I know that's a broad question.
Speaker 6: We are so on the wrong track. Let me tell you two things, Dan. In the past two years, my rent in Massachusetts has been increased by eight hundred and fifty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow a month a month, that's that's ten thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I didn't even put that together. I don't even have a dishwasher, Dan, I don't even have a dishwasher. My washing machine is in my kitchen. There's a huge mouse problem. It's only a three family out in the boonies eight hundred and fifty five dollars. But the more important reason why we are not doing good as a state is last night I gave a woman, a homeless woman, a sleeping bag and some jeans and some sweaters. And she is camping, as she worded it, with a bunch of other people outside of a motel right up from the place that I work. And they can't go into the motel.
Speaker 5: They can't.
Speaker 2: That is that a motel for the folks, for the new newcomers.
Speaker 6: From what I understand, I'm not sure one hundred percent sure of that, but I believe. So that's what the woman has said. She's a status heel at the state. She's been homeless for a year and a half, and so.
Speaker 2: She's when you say she's not allowed to go into the hotel, she doesn't have the funds to go in the hotel or they have them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: And I haven't been down there. It's not it's probably half a mile from where I am. But if I find out that it's anything, I probably would get arrested. So if it is a hotel like that when there are people can't camping. Yeah, so here it is here.
Speaker 2: It is the middle of October. It's not going to get warmer for the next few months.
Speaker 6: Turned on my heat? Did you turn on your heat yet?
Speaker 2: Yep, yes, ye, yes, yeah, And I gave you and I have the wherewithal. How much are you paying for rent right now? If you've if it's gone up fifty dollars?
Speaker 6: Are you ready for this? I hope you're sitting down because it's so. The rent went up to twenty one hundred dollars a month. But because I told them I need a month's month as opposed to a year's lease, I can't do a year's least because I'm I'm moving out. I have to find some place, you know, which we did, but they're charging me an extra hundred dollars a month. This is a management company that there was a local people that owned property in the town I live in, and they retired a couple of years ago. They sold their properties and one place bought it whoever, but a management company ran it for a year and then they sold the properties and split them up. And the management company that we went to, they're awful, but eight hundred and fifty five dollars. And I've talked to you before. I told you I'm very close to retirement and die of a hot attack.
Speaker 5: First, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I totally hear you. Yeah, I am twenty one hundred dollars. That's twenty five thousand dollars a year to rent an apartment. And again, you're not in the seaport, you're not in downtown Boston. You're in Haral, which is a lovely community. But that's a lot of money in Habral And yeah, so I think you think we're going in the wrong direction. That homeless woman who you were kind enough to give a sleeping bag to and some clothes. Wow, you know the people don't have a voice, but come on in and again a billion dollars a year on newcomers. People who have come to this country.
Speaker 6: Not newcomers, they're they're here legally.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: No, it's euphemism that is used by the people who are in charge. You know. Well, they actually have signs welcome to the newcomers. It's like, oh, you've moved here from California. How are you tonight, Well, welcome to Massachusetts. No, you've moved here from Croatia, or from Peru or from Venezuela.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, yeah, and I can tell you stories. Actually, I think I owe you a phone call.
Speaker 2: Give me a call. Well, this is a good one. You call any night, okay, Beeg, I really mean that, seriously, you call me any night. Okay. Since since you we did a kind thing for the woman, I want to send you a night side T shirt. It won't keep you warm in the winter, but it'll be an extra layer of clothing. We for our buddies at college Hype have UH some nightside T shirts. They're in the color pink Nightside with Dan Ray to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month. UH and so I'd love to be able to send one to you and invite any of our callers who would like to buy one. All you gotta do is go to nightside gear dot com, where you find sweatshirts, nightside sweatshirts, nightside t shirts, all sorts of nightside gear. But again, you stay in the line. You give Rob a size and an address and a phone number, and we'll get that to you in a few days. Okay, and thank you.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks so much.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks, And again no double xes. They only do x ls, l's and mediums. You know, that's the only thing. And again, thanks for being nice to that woman. Okay, you're a kind person. You're genuinely a kind person. We'll take a break. It's news at the bottom of the arrow, coming right back on Nightside, Some.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on ws Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All let's get back to the calls. We get everyone in, I promise, Tom and Ohio, Tom, how are you doing in Ohio? You know how you're here, how we're doing here in Massachusetts? Go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Oh well, it's a little chilly, and yes I have it with furnace and I've kicked it up and not lately. But you know, Dan, at the end of your show, I get a little bit choked up every time when you say all your pets go to heaven and everything and.
Speaker 2: All dogs, cats, all pets go to heaven. I do believe that.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, uh, our little dog, Talco. He was a half miniature pincher, half Chihuahwei and he has little left. He had these big ears. He's picked up ears from there. The left ear was always turned to the left hand turned so but he he's he caught. He would catch moles. We have these and you're walking around in your grass and it feels like it's all sponge and there's these tunnels and anything stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know, I know moles, absolutely, I'm familiar with moles.
Speaker 7: But he would catch moles here and there, and I mean at her house, and then she would she would go to her daughter's her her father's house in Washington, Pennsylvania, and I'm in Ohio and she's he's she's like, she caught five moles. But you had to get the mole out of his mouth before he swallow. What the other was He didn't do a road trip, so well up throwing up. So anyhow, I asked you, Well, he made it like two months ago. He would have been fifteen this month, probably a bit. So I asked her one time, I said, if I told everybody that Talker had caught like a hundred moles in his lifetime, I'd be exaggerating. She goes, Oh, he's caught way more than that. He would go to paps and you catch like five in the afternoon or something. But well, one thing you could improve on in Massachusetts. There's too many syllables. I mean it's like massa and then and then there's a poor at the end. So I mean it's like more than that one. Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the name of it, the name of a Native American tribe. I believe.
Speaker 7: Really, Ohio probably is too. There was a little yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Got you got a few, but you've got three syllables. You've got three syllables.
Speaker 7: Well, girl, do you have alays up there at the grocery store. You have to put your quarter in the shopping cart, so you return it something anyhow, You must not, you must, you must not. I just turned sixty five and the wife gave me a card that says old he's not always and it's got this little guy and it's instead of a are.
Speaker 2: You still working? To know are you still working?
Speaker 7: I've retired. I built like three hunder some swimming pools, backyard pools, this monlet, but that that kind of I just chopped wood. I chopped wood. I sell couple of thousand dollars worth of wood. A you're just for the fun.
Speaker 2: It's going to keep you in shape. That's a tough thing to do, trust me at that. My brother is a big wood chopper. He is one of those what they call him a male m O L L which was split Well, I had a mall.
Speaker 7: I have had this. I have had this big steel monster. I've had it since nineteen eighty. The top more wood with that thing, and I always it's all steel. And I said, I handed to somebody, now, don't break that. Whatever you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question, but we're about to know. How you call him from.
Speaker 7: Just I'm like ten miles west of Wheeling, West Virginia, along the High River.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, but are you a regular listener?
Speaker 7: I listened somewhat, but yeah, you ever hear of David Schwikert And uh, he's a representative in Arizona, and he was talking about the debt. That's the reason I called. I didn't realize you were trying to be local. But and he you've got to watch him. He does these these you know, things on YouTube and see spending everything and liked about thirty or forty minutes long. But he's very passionate, and he's got these charts and stuff, and he just sits there and he's and he says, taxes are going to go up next year. That's what he said, you know, in the spring. You know, so next year. Well, but Trump gave all the billionaire's tax cuts, and then and then his treasurer secretary what's his name, minutch and Steve Manutchin gave everybody two thousand dollars and they you just can't give away two trillion dollars. And most of the people, like even myself, I've been kind of a low budget. I didn't really need two thousand dollars, you know, and most people couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that was money. I think that was money, a COVID money, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, But I mean you couldn't you couldn't spend it anyhow. On Amazon I ended up making all the money because everybody's sitting on all the time.
Speaker 2: I know, I hear you, I hear you. Well, we got to get control of it. Wherever have you? This your first time calling?
Speaker 7: No, no, I call occasionally. But but David Schwiker, I think you should get him on and just do Okay, is you.
Speaker 2: Remember of Congress? Did you say, remember.
Speaker 7: Congress in Arizona?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll look him up.
Speaker 7: If you just look him up on you to. He's fascinating it at him, might not it ends well?
Speaker 2: All right, thanks man, Thank you very much. Tom. I appreciate your call about good night keeping rolling Here. We're gonna go next to Sean and Lowell. Sean you were next time, next time. Welcome, Hello, Hey Sean, Welcome, Hey Dan.
Speaker 8: I'm glad that you have like a is it called the glass thing? Is that where you're talking.
Speaker 2: From I'm talking, I'm talking remotely.
Speaker 8: I'm not in I thought you having a new studio. I'm sorry, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, I I haven't really been in studio since COVID started. The company said to me it would be a good idea that you know you you will broadcast remotely, and I said, I'm okay with that. I don't have to travel, yeah, you know, to work. Yeah, it was, and so the company's been very generous to me and allowed me to set up you know, when I say set up a studio, it's it's it's it's not very elaborate. Let me put it like that. Okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So listen for your previous caller, and he said multiple states with the S. I wonder what he thinks about Arkansas.
Speaker 2: No, he was, he was. I think he was just joking.
Speaker 8: I know he was. So listen, your question is how do you make Massachusetts better?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I think when you got forty percent of the people saying we're in the wrong track, I think we got a problem.
Speaker 3: Right. But we like so we both know the answer.
Speaker 8: Is that the Nemocrats have to somehow not be here eventually. But I don't think we're heading that way. And I know.
Speaker 2: I do think it would be nice if we had the semblance of a two party state, a little bit of competition.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but like so, the only time that this state runs well is when we have a Republican governor, and that's been shown to be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're sort of like split, split government and all of that. But I think that the Republicans need to need to work harder, and I think I hope that people will will recognize that it's better if we have a two you know, a competitive two party state. I mean, it'd be like if you lived in a neighborhood and there was only one supermarket, they could charge you whatever I wanted. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 8: It's like, but so why can't I state get to that? So what I'm trying to get at is, so we're allowing one billion dollars to go to people that aren't even allowed in this country.
Speaker 5: So one billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars, one billion dollars, one billion dollars per year. So we've already spent two billion at least yep.
Speaker 8: So where would that money be better used? I mean, so the other thing too, I don't want to get sidetracked. But when you get a fast track to be employed, you don't have to pay taxes on that money.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you mean by.
Speaker 8: That that imagine that.
Speaker 2: So if you get explain explain that to me, maybe you know something. I don't know what do you mean by a fast track to be employed?
Speaker 8: I've never heard right now, yeah, right now, they're trying to get the immigrants employed. Okay, very like, because we need workers, I guess. But the job market isn't the greatest right now, so I don't understand. But so they get fast tracked. This is from Department of Labor in Massachusetts. They get fast tracked, and that gets them the right to work here with the t I N number, So that taxpayer identifying number.
Speaker 2: Right, as opposed to so you're correct on that. I'm with you on that, as opposed to Social Security number right, okay.
Speaker 8: Right, But so their money does not get tax.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're right on that, I'm stunned. And if you could send me any material on that. I cannot believe that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the federal government will not tax people because they have a taxpayer identification number. It defies logic. But I'm not going to tell you you're wrong because I don't know it.
Speaker 8: Okay, No, that's okay. But it's not just the taxpayer ID number. It's the fact that you're an immigrant.
Speaker 2: Well, can you send me something which in which I can see that?
Speaker 5: Fine, Yeah, okay, I'm gonna have rob.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have Rob give you my direct email, send me the materials and and I will do a show on it. Okay, if if you will sound good? Yeah, I mean I I try to keep up on things. I can't keep up on everything. And I've never heard that it defies logic. But if that is true, boy, do I want to do it a show on that?
Speaker 8: What diviy? That logic is that we're paying two billion dollars for people that shouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: That's that device logic.
Speaker 8: But that does the email and I'll send you it.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, don't hang up, Marble'll give you my direct email. Thank you very much. All Right, we're going to take a quick break. Just chatted with Sean and Lowell. I got Mike in Salem coming up. I got Eugene, I got Dennis and got a little room for you. Actually, the one line that will be opened as soon as Sean gets off A six, one, seven, four thirty back on Night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Sight Studios. I'MBS News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're getting everybody in. Let's go to Dennis and Everett. Dennis next on night Sagro hits her.
Speaker 5: Oh Dan it's been a while.
Speaker 2: It has been How you been doing. How you doing all right?
Speaker 5: I'm doing all right. You gave my daughter a couple of nightside T shirts the other night, Brianna.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 5: My grandson and her Yeah, yeah, I appreciate that very much. Yeah, but you know, da immigrants. It's crazy out there, Dan, It's crazy. I mean, I'm only one hundred and thirty pounds, but I feel so bitter about it to see them and ignorant a lot of them, not all of them, but you know what, and I'm pushing a carriage. I just pick up Canda metal just for pastime, just to get out there, just to keep the brain going.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to you got to do that, Dennis, that's for sure. And you can't give up. I think you've got a beautiful family with Brianna and her children. And I'm so happy that I did not realize that Brianna was your daughter. But that's that's great to hear. It's great to hear.
Speaker 5: My other daughter is Canta free, remember her, the one that my daughter had cancer? Yeah, there's cancer free. And you said you said it. Prayer for and everything I remember. I don't forget happened.
Speaker 2: Absolutely with Dennis. I'm I'm happy for you, and it sounds like you're doing fine. And you know again, the problem is that it would be great if we could take care of everybody in the world. We're just not in a big enough country to take care of everybody in the world. I want more. I got to be honest with you, Dennis. I've talked about this. I want more immigrants coming to this country legally. I want to know who's coming in. I want to know what this skill set is and if there.
Speaker 5: Are contribute to this this country and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ta gone away.
Speaker 5: Don't tend all the money back to their country. I mean that the money's not circulating here.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want them to come here and and have a skill and I don't care whatever the skill is. They don't have to be brain surgeons. But if they're nurses, if there are people who are laborers, and put them on the track to citizenship, if they behave themselves. It's as simple as that. But to bring people into the country, have no idea who they are. I have no idea what the criminal record is. We've seen all of the statistics that people have been.
Speaker 5: Allowed checking or anything yeah, that's that's the problem.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My dad, my dad many many years ago, come all of from island and he had to do the whole sribl So.
Speaker 2: I had to do it right. And I think we got to get back to those days. I really do. It's as simple as that. Hey, I'm going well with you.
Speaker 5: We we already come off the track.
Speaker 3: We got to get back on the track.
Speaker 2: Let's get back on track. Thanks, Dennis, I got to run here.
Speaker 5: Please, Yeah, thank you very much. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: You two right back at you. Let me go, folks. All of a sudden, I'm losing time here. Let's be quick if we can. Mike and Salem go ahead.
Speaker 7: Mike, Hey, what's up Dan, whatever it's on your.
Speaker 2: Mind, Mike, let me know, go right ahead. We're just a little tight on time.
Speaker 9: Okay, no problem. So, I mean, I hear you guys talking about you know, you know, two billion dollars, you know, immigrants, you know, using that a lot of money. About the people that leach off the system. You know what I'm saying that you know, we'll get housing and they'll they'll use it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Though, Well again that that shouldn't happen either. But all I'm just saying is that we got a lot of people. Look, you heard the call that Pig made from Harold about the woman who's sleeping out in a sleeping bag tonight outside here in Massachusetts. I'm I mean, we have we.
Speaker 9: Weren't given right. If we weren't giving all that money away, you could be you know, you could help the homeless, you could. I mean, there's a lot of mental health issues out there where. I mean, we don't have state hospitals like we used to to help people out.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I told you, well, you've lost hospitals in this state, absolutely absolutely, and that's what that will get us back on the right track in my opinion, right.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's crazy that you're you'll take people. You know, our country will take in all these immigrants and help them out, but they won't help their own, their own people.
Speaker 2: You know. Well, again it's it's not politically advantageous, I guess to certain folks, so they don't perceive it as being political advantageous. So uh well, we'll keep talking about it. Mike. I appreciate it so much. Thank you for my football and I'll get you, give you more time next time.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, Boddy, thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 2: Eugene. Eugene, gotta be quick for me tonight, my friend.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dan, good more learning. Uh just wanted to chime in real quick and make the comment that you are who you vote for, so when you don't do the job and research things correctly, you end up not only in Massachusetts, several other states a disaster. Look at your current administration. We have China threatening the Philippines, coast guards in the US doing nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we're waste stretched way too thin, and China will be able to do whatever they want. I'm sad to say I just don't under the common circumstances. But maybe it's all going to change. You Jean, please stay safe. Okay.
Speaker 3: We don't want to lose you now.
Speaker 4: No, no, Dan, We're good to go. You see, I've got God on my side. Anyhow, I'll get off so you can see if you can get somebody else. And thank you all right, Thanks, I.
Speaker 2: Get a couple more, and thanks you, Jean. We talk soon. Thank you much. Let me get if I can. I'm going to give thirty seconds split up thirty to VICKI and thirty to Danielle. Vicky, you got thirty, go ahead, Vicky.
Speaker 10: Yes, I want to just say that the two billion dollars is given to people that I'm taking bids that are giving the immigrants meals at eleven dollars per meal.
Speaker 9: That's not right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they're no big contracts. You're absolutely right, and that's part of it. I talk about the cab company on the Cape that has a six million dollar no big contract. You can give a lot of cab rights for six million dollars.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, we have to tweet the tune in and fadre how we're given that money, because that money is being given to people in this state that are ripping off with the state.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, okay, all right, Vicky, good point, Thank you much. Okay, I gotta I'll give you more next time. Danielle, I got twenty seconds for you. I hate to do it, but I got twenty.
Speaker 6: I want to.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to provide a little back, some clarification on the itin number which a person applies for. They have to fill out a W seven, whereas you know we would fill out a W four. You know, legal person I'm a W seven and filed and there should be ITEN number. It's cheated, kind of like a ten ninety nine. They have to the iton alys them to go online to their their balances and make payments that they do not file a tax return within three years. The iten does expire, so it is for tax reporting and paying purposes. So they do they are supposed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I gotta do some more research on it. Give me a call tomorrow and i can talk to you off here because I'm unprepared for that. Danielle amount of time. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are done is always rob Thank you very much, Marita, thank you very much to all the callers, all of you who listen tonight. My name is Dan Ray. I'll tell you one more time. All dogs, all cats, all bets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fortune, you going by. That's where all your pets are who have past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. I'll see on Facebook on Nightside with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes