Speaker 1: Give me that news quickie.
Speaker 2: All right, Yesterday I was enamored with this article I'd seen on Front Office Sports where it was about the Bill Belichick appearance on CBS News and they deemed it a crisis, and so they wrote an article and they had seven steps after talking to seven different PR crisis PR experts, and I was just so amused by it. The thing I was so amused by it was that Ted Johnson was weighing in loudly and said that he was no longer fit to coach at UNC.
Speaker 1: Think about that. The man did an.
Speaker 2: Interview to promote a book and the end result was that one of his former players said he is no longer fit to coach football.
Speaker 3: And Ted Johnson was one of a parcels guy. So yeah, okay, that's fair, but still a hot take. It's a hot take, so fit for it.
Speaker 2: And so if you don't know, I mean, we've talked about this a lot, but let's not assume Bill Belichick the winningest coach in football history, certainly by number of Super Bowls won, and he's up there with victories. I don't think he ever caught Don Shula, but he certainly had the most super Bowl wins is dating a twenty four year old woman named Jordan Hudson. He is forty nine years older than her. Oh, he's seventy three. So here are the things that the crisis pr experts said, and we'll jump in here and kick this around. Number one, stick to football.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: This is shut up and dribble. This is shut up and dribble. Here's a comment from Ari Fleischer, the former White House Press secretary, to George bush Boy. He had some stuff he had, he tells Front Off of Sports. He blew it, and now he's stuck. If he had prepared for an obvious question with a halfway decent answer, this would be a non issue. Fleischer has consulted the NFL, Major League Baseball, NBA, US Olympic and Paralympic Committee. He goes on to say all he can do now is say ask me football questions. My private life is private, and I hope that this is going to fade away. And honestly, he's in this predicament because a twenty four year old cheerleader is handling everything for him.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: And the other thing, too, though, is think about this if the way out of it for him is to stick to answering football questions.
Speaker 1: He didn't do that when he was an NFL coach. You know what he is promoting a football book though, yes it is. He was doing a football interview with a hole in his shirt. Yeah, no, one mention that.
Speaker 4: God that that was one of the worst parts is what he was wearing. Even if she wasn't there and didn't interrupt and be like, where are you wearing? Man?
Speaker 2: That's okay, this should be PR note number one. Yeah, this is kind of amazing. Though a twenty four year old smoke show who has that much influence over him can't get him to change his shirt. However, beautiful that to me has hoped that he's still in charge, right or she's just like, that's your brand, Just keep doing you, you know, I just I see I've seen people in crisis. This is why people need to hire a PR crisis firm. You see people fumble and screw up these situations, and you're like, okay, well, let's look at who's in charge. Oh it's someone with absolutely no experience. Yeah, no, wonder right, these things require experience, and right now she not only is he her hostage, but she's.
Speaker 1: Running the show. With no experience.
Speaker 3: She's also the in the Miss Maine USA pageant. Yeah, that's a huge field. I think there's like three hundred people that live in Maine, but the first ever trans contestant in the Miss Maine USA pageant.
Speaker 2: And you said that infuriates you, Kevin Wyse say that you just said they didn't want it, You didn't want them competing in sports.
Speaker 1: No, I just think I that's a problem.
Speaker 2: By the way, the capital of Maine, the capital of Maine, has a smaller population than Alan, where I live.
Speaker 3: Augusta, the Portland, Portland's the capital of Maine. It is I think Augusta is bro.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Okay, then maybe Portland's the biggest city in Maine. I would have said, banger, it's not okay, Go ahead, what's number two? Cancel the book tour interviews, says unless he's being interviewed by his own literary PR team, he should not do any more interviews.
Speaker 3: Right, Everyone who reads the book says it's not that good either.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine it's good. He's not putting his secrets out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said the number one thing he could do is shut down the entire PR operation.
Speaker 4: To burn it down.
Speaker 1: Try again.
Speaker 2: Number three, He needs to realize his predicament. It says they're kidding themselves, him and Hudson if they think the story's going to blow over. Instead, it's becoming a feeding frenzy for virtually every media outlet, and they're all licking their child to kill him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the quote. This is not just sports.
Speaker 2: This is sports, entertainment and lifestyle news plus social media all combined. It's a huge difference between somebody following the Patriots, for example. Man, we saw where this was headed, where we saw the footage of her at practice with him.
Speaker 1: He's out there just doing his thing, coaching.
Speaker 2: Football, and you would think everything is normal, and then a twenty something year old cheerleader went out there, reached in his pocket, grabbed his keys, and she was dressed like she was, I don't know, going to the met gala. And she walks outside and or walks back to the people.
Speaker 1: I talked to him. I've got it covered. It was like clearly she was trying to run everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, I got a quick met gala side. Describe Lewis Hamilton to me.
Speaker 4: Oh, Lewis Hamilton, Okay, So he's an F one driver who had a really long stretch of constantly winning. What does he look like Mercedes kind of Lenny Kravitz ish.
Speaker 1: I say, did you see him at the met Gala? I did not watch any second of them.
Speaker 2: That we had the news on last night. This was this was a really funny moment by my wife. They flat, They go, I thought Lewis Hamilton looked amazing and it is awesome. They flashed him up there and I go, wait, now, who's that guy? And my wife goes, I think he was in that musical to Hamilton. I go, because his last name is Hamilton. You think he was in a musical about Hamilton. No, I go, I think he's an F one driver, But I need to ask Christine.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he's with Ferrari now. And he was really funny over the radio this past weekend. By the way, y'all watching, all right, we'll book him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna there's several more, but I want to do this last one because it ties into Ben replace Hudson as his manager publicist. It says there's precedent for this in two thousand and five, when Tom Cruise fired his sister Leanne de Vett as his publicist. It says Belichick can learn from that, but it's nepotism. It's somebody who's not qualified. You get on and you're gonna put your crew on. Hey man, I got jobs for everybody. I'm gonna bring everybody up. But then you've got people in jobs that are not qualified to do and you get into a crisis and you realize, oh my god, we need someone with experience.
Speaker 1: Tom's sister is not the woman for that.
Speaker 2: And this is the time when Tom's jumping up and down on a couch while everyone's going with's scientology doing to him.
Speaker 1: Crisis.
Speaker 2: Let me just say they say that her that says that she can go back to focusing on her luxury real estate empire that is valued at eight million dollars, right, and it's all And hasn't it increased in the time. Didn't we talk about that that they've been dating. Oh yeah, yeah, skyrocketed now yeah, so why don't she just go do that? Anyways, there you go. That is a crisis PR team weighing in on Bill Belichick.