Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan ray On Dugi z Bonton video.
Speaker 2: All right, there was a trip into space last week. I'm sure some of you recall that half a dozen brave female astronauts climbed aboard the Blue Horizon Rocket on April fourteenth. They looked wonderful in their space suits. Amongst them was Gail King, she's one of the morning anchors on the CBS Morning News, along with the singer Katie Perry. There was also was a former NASA rocket scientist, Aisha Bow. I don't know, miss Bow. And in addition was it was also Lauren Sanchez. Sanchez is a guess is the girlfriend. I don't know that she's married to Jeff Bezos, but it's Bezos rockets Blue Origins. Now you have this battle between Bezos with Blue Origin and then Elon Musk and and I guess, I don't know if these celebrities pay for it. Yeah, Lauren Sanchez is bezos fiance. So I'm surprised that Bill Belichick hasn't been more of these these yet. But you have this battle going on between space X, which is Elon Musk's deal and Bezos. You know, multi multi billionaires. These trips in space as I understand it. Oh yeah, there were was an actress also, No Perry, the singer I should say, I guess Perry. When she came back after this this trip in space, it was it was very an emotional moment for her. H. This was eleven minutes. Now, this is not a short flight. Okay, we're talking about There had to be preparations to put the the space suit on H. Then you had to climb up the gangway or whatever they call it. Then they have to get buckled in, and then the the space flight eleven minutes, which the sun might feel like a short period of time. But obviously when Katie Perry emerged from the from the Blue Origin after it had come back to Earth, it was so emotionally that she kissed the ground after she exited from the cap from the capsule, I can understand that. Anyway, there was a lot of criticism and Gail King took the heat. Now, remember this is in the context we have an eleven minute straight up. I think they get up about sixty four or sixty five miles and they enter space for four minutes. There's a little weightlessness going on, and then they come back to Mother Earth. So some people thought that, well, there was some criticism of this. I guess Gail King thought she was disrespected because some of her celebrity friends were throwing shade in her. But Gail King stood a ground, and we have some sound bites here from Gail, So we're going to take a little bit of this. This is uh, this is King responding in which she compares but she and her her colleagues on the flight. It was an all women's flight. I guess Bezos paid for it. Well, it's his rocket. It's it's unclear whether apparently they're saying that it costs that on a per person basis, it costs about one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So if you were going to buy a ticket on this eleven minute flight, it would cost you one hundred and fifty grand. Uh. If on the other hand, you were the guest of Jeff Bezos, you could be well, if you're in the media now accepting a gift of hunt of a value of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, that can present some ethical problems. But either way, Gail King rose to the criticism, and she asked, just anyone this question, which most of us are going to have to say. No. Cut sixteen A Please, Rob, have you been?
Speaker 3: Have you been?
Speaker 4: If you've been and you still feel that way after you come back, please let's have a conversation. Number three, Please don't call it a ride. That is not a friggin ride. Whenever a man goes up, you have never said to an astronaut, boy, what a ride? You know, we duplicated the same trajectory that Alan Shepherd did back.
Speaker 2: In the day.
Speaker 4: Pretty much no one called that a ride. It was called a flight. It was called a journey because a ride implies that it's something frivolous or something that's lighthearted. There was nothing frivolous about what we did.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did eleven minutes, and I think four of the minutes were actually in space. I don't want to, you know, be critical here unnecessarily, but it seems to me that when you realize what Butch will Moore and Sonny Williams went through, they were stranded in space for nine months recently, as opposed to being on a mission. According to I don't know what mission was accomplished. They didn't touch the controls, they didn't conduct any experiments that I think broke any ground. I guess they floated a little bit, which I would do if I was up there, and I knew that I wouldn't float out of the capsule as long as the capsule wasn't closed. But it just it's it's just interesting that we're hearing all this talk about the wealthy the uber wealthy, and Bezos is uber wealthy, and Laurence Sanchez might assume be if she marries him, she might be uber wealthy unless there's a pre nup involved. But Gail King certainly is uber wealthy. She has done very well in the in the business. But she thinks she was really on a space mission for eleven minutes. Gail, I hate to tell you this, but it was a ride. It was up and back. It was that you went straight out. Yeah, you hit I guess sixty two miles above the ground, which you know, I'm sure was you know, higher than well, very much higher than airplanes. Okay, I'm sure it was a great experience, but it wasn't a mission. So I'm just going to open up phone lines and if you think I'm wrong on this, fine. There were a bunch of people who did throw some shade if gay, and that kind of got her going. Actress Olivia Mum said, it's so much money to go to space. There's a lot of people can't even afford eggs. I think it's a bit gluttonous. I think i'd agree with her, to be honest with you, There are King is well. We have some other sound bites here, and it's just interesting. She King saw it as being respectful and that if it had been men on that flight, people would have taken it more seriously. I don't think anyone takes these space flights seriously. On X or on Blue Origin Gale, you're not an astronaut. I hate to break it to you. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Let's talk about it if if you think I'm wrong on this one, feel free and tell me why I think that to even try to apply that this involves what astronauts go through, not even close. Coming back on nights ID feel free to join the conversation if.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on' WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, tomorrow night, I'm not exactly sure of this, so don't hold me to it. But tomorrow night at nine o'clock, I'm sure we'll be talking about the opening statements in the second trial of Karen Reid, which will start tomorrow, so hopefully we will have a better indication as to what the prosecution is going to try to convince the jury of and what the defense will try to parry with. And also tomorrow night at ten o'clock back by popular demand, professor Greg Staller. He is from the Question Business School at Boston University, and as I think all of you know, the stock market took another major hit today as a consequence of the Trump tariffs, and we'll be talking with Professor Greg Staller, who a little well. He actually has led students to China, I think fifty times in the last several years, so he understands exactly what the sentiment is in China. And at this point I would say that between Donald Trump and China, China is winning. We'll pick that up tomorrow night at ten o'clock with Greg Stoller. Let's get back to the phones. So if I'm wrong on this and you think that this was some sort of a heroic mission and it goes beyond the Gail Gael thing Protestations. You know, she kind of made it into some sort of a sexist attack because it was an all female crew. Some of the criticism came from women, so it wasn't quite as sexist as I think Gail would like us to think. But I just think it's it's a waste of money. It's a thrill ride for wealthy people, or people that Jeff Bezos wants to curry favor with, or Elon Musk wants to curry favor with. I mean, if someone offered you a ride on the Blue Horizon or SpaceX whatever, and they said, well, just we put you in a little uniform and you go up there and you're up for about eleven minutes, up and back. Yeah. Other than the fact that something could go wrong, would you want to do it? You tell me, I mean, something could go wrong on a roller coaster too. Let's go to Bill Bill Winnaker, Hey, Bill, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday out at Nari Restaurant in Westwood. How are you tonight?
Speaker 6: I'm great, looking forward to seeing you too. Did these women have to pay for this ride?
Speaker 2: It's a little unclear whether they were gifted with the ride or whether or not. They they had what we would call it freebie. You know, do you think Katy Perry, I suspect that, you know, they gland it up a little bit. And I suspect Bezos glanded up for his his fiance Lauren Sanchez was a very attractive looking woman. But Gayo King, uh, And there were you know, Katy Perry, you know, and there were three other women who I should know their names too, but I don't because you know, Gayo King has kind of been the hot button on this issue.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well here here's my opinion of this. If they had to pay, they shouldn't have gone on the trip. They should have given that money, whatever the cost was, it should have been given to charity. Right around the corner from where I live here in Brookline. I'm a cool it'st corner. There's a church around the corner, and once a week when bo and I drive by that church, we're always driving by. It seems that going as a gig or something and it's lined up, you can hardly get down the street.
Speaker 7: People are starving and getting food that all the money should go to food banks. I mean, there's so much there's a lot of poverty, even even a Newton, a Brookline and other all these surrounding towns.
Speaker 2: Absolutely money. Yeah, absolutely correct. Well, this is she was trying to justify this. I just feel that she was. You know, she's like caught off base, to use a baseball analogy, and she's picked off by about ten feet. It's not even a close call. Rob hit cut eighteen. I want Bill Winnaker to respond to this cut number eighteen. Please Rob.
Speaker 4: Every time one of those rockets goes up, they're doing research, they're collecting data. Ideally it's to benefit the planet.
Speaker 2: That wrong.
Speaker 4: So when I hear people say, oh, it's just a rich people saying, you're not looking at the bigger picture of what is happening here.
Speaker 2: Bill, Gail King thinks you're now looking at the bigger picture.
Speaker 8: This was a rich person, that's all it was.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's ridiculous. It was just a ride. And we you know, though everybody could help out some good causes rather than taking a ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean bezos. Obviously, I don't. I don't think. My suspicion is they didn't pay for it. I don't think Gail King and if if if anybody pay for it. It would have been CBS because that publicity would have been to them. But would Katie Perry pay for it? I don't think so. I think that they all. It gave Bezos a chance to sort of say, for one day, well I had an all female crew on Blue Origin, and what is what's Musk going to do to to to accomplish that. I'm in your corner completely, Bill, I am. And the fact that Gail King is howling with indignity. I think that, you know, Shakespeare said something about protesting too much. I'm not going to quote that, or ah, someone's gonna call me sexist. I'll just say that I think that somehow this has hit a nerve and miss King, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I have nothing against Gail.
Speaker 7: I've enjoyed her TV works.
Speaker 9: She does a nice job.
Speaker 6: But it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yep. I think it's I think it is. But I wanted to comment on it because I think the point you make is a good one, and that is that the billionaires are going to bring it upon themselves to be taxed more and more and more, because the more excesses that they engage in, the more that they could be criticized. And you know, I mean, Bezos has sent this rocket up now, I don't know six seven, eight times. I don't know. I don't follow it. But okay, we've seen that trick. Okay, now what you know. It's like you get a puppy and it's like, okay, sit sit, Rover sit, and Rover finally sits. At some point you've got to kind of teach Rover to roll over. You got to think, got to teach over to give the paw maybe stand up. I don't know. It's the same old, same old, simple as that. Hey Bill, thank you so much. We'll see you on this coming Sunday, August twenty seventh at the Naroli Restaurant in Westwood. I know you. I know that the Winnaker Band will be there. We're going to have a ball that day.
Speaker 7: And if anybody it's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 6: If anyone hasn't signed up, they should, we're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great it's you said, it's a great brunch. People can can have just a lighter breakfast or they can have a lighter lunch. It's not we're not no one's being charged. The only thing to do is just going and having a breakfast or brunch with a bunch of nightside listeners and the winnkers. And you can't get better than that. That's for sure. We'll talk during the week, I'm sure, my friend.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh yeah, I do have something that I do want to talk to you about during the week.
Speaker 9: Well, i'll give you all.
Speaker 2: Keep you called tomorrow. Absolutely, that'd be perfect, Bill.
Speaker 6: I will okay, thanks.
Speaker 2: Buddy, thank you much. Let me go next to who we got here. We got Frank in Boston. Hey Frank, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 10: He didn't even man. I kind of think it is being sexist and the criticizing the women. Oh, the women are being criticized when it should have been we should have been criticizing bezos who's using this as a way to ingradiate himself back with the public. I mean, with his support of arm Trump and his his not wanting his newspapers to endorse some hair res back then. I mean that's who we should be criticizing, not the women. I mean that that ride, I would say, it is scary, scary a ride going up there. You might not come down.
Speaker 2: But again so so so you think Frank, so you're telling me that that you think i'm I'm I'm all wet here, and that Gail and the others are most of the criticism, by the way, of this group came from other women. Okay, I'm gonna quote here an actress Olivia Munn. I couldn't tell you one movie she's been in her TV show, but the name is familiar. She said, it's so much money to go to space. Actress Olivia Mum said in appearance on The Today Show earlier this month, there's a lot of people can't even afford eggs. I think it's a bit gluttoners. I would agree with her.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know. Women can be sexus. I mean at luc At how women fought for the right to vote back then, and how a lot of people didn't want to vote with women themselves. So women can be sexist too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: But if at the point that, Frank, here's the point. Do you think that there was any thing that was discovered on this eleven minute flight? Do you think that there was any science, any research. It's nothing, but you identified it correctly. It's nothing but a publicity stunt. It it actually Bezos put his own fiance on the in the in the rocket. I mean, why would he put his fiance, why would he put Katie Perry, Gail King? They're not scientists, they're not astronauts. Come on, Frank, you're not that he's trying to.
Speaker 10: He's trying to ingrade himself with the people by saying, look, I'm for all women and giving them, uh the opportunity to go into space. He's just trying to get back on our good side.
Speaker 2: So well, who should look. I don't know whose side he's trying to get on, but obviously then what you're telling me is he's using the women for his own benefits. I think what you just said, right, yeah? Is that true?
Speaker 10: And look what we're doing. We're criticizing the women.
Speaker 2: No, I'm criticizing Bezos. I'm criticizing Gail King for thinking for let me ask you. I'll ask you this question.
Speaker 10: Anything.
Speaker 2: There's my question for you, Frank, Okay, you question before this call, Frank, No, I did mention Bezo. I mentioned his fiance. If you were listening, didn't even have to listen carefully to hear that. Let me ask you this. Gail King was upset that someone called it a ride. She considers it to be a mission, like a real, you know, mission to space. What do you consider it, Frank? Do you consider it a ride eleven minutes up and then back down, up and down in eleven minutes? Or do you consider it like a space mission? What's what's your characterization?
Speaker 10: I look at it as them being used as pawns, and they shouldn't have went up there in the in the first place.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Now, why do you think they went up there?
Speaker 8: That was?
Speaker 2: Why were they? Are you telling me that they're not smart enough to realize that.
Speaker 10: It don't look like they were, because they should see that Bethels was using this to use them. They should then said.
Speaker 2: We're on the same path. We're We're right, you know, Frank, very really do you and I agree, But we're right on the same page here. And I think that that that Gail King, she's upset that another woman said that's not a mission, that's a ride. Give it to me again. I think I asked you a question. I'm not sure you answered it for me. Do you consider this eleven minute journey up and back? Do you consider that a space mission? Or do you consider it a ride?
Speaker 10: I'm no answering that question because it is irrelevant.
Speaker 2: You're not answered the question because you don't want to love the question. You're smart enough you know that's not a mission. All right, Frank, appreciate I appreciate you call. I got you in before the news. I hope you felt you got enough time to make your case. You're always welcome. I thought we actually almost had a had agreement tonight. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed. Thanks, Frank, I appreciate you listening. I appreciate your calling. Thank you so much. Have a great one, man. I was that close. I was that close with Frank. We would have we would have been on the same page, probably for the first time in my night side career. It's uh. It was a ride. It was nothing more than an extra expensive Disney ride. Matter of fact, probably less dangerous than some of these rides that with the carnivals coming through town and and they they don't make sure that the Ferris wheel is safe. One line at six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty one line at six one seven, nine thirty. Uh. I consider what Sonny Williams uh and what Butch Whitmere did and experienced nine months in space that was a mission. This was a ride, no matter how much that offends Gail. Sorry, Gail, You're dead wrong. Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: If you're on Nightside with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Oh, we were talking about the Blue Horizon Space mission, all eleven minutes of it up and back and the fact that Gail King is very upset that there were some women who thought it was much more of a stunt. And beneath her and beneath the other passengers again, it's how about this. I hit this one, Rob. This is cut seventeen. This is a short one. This is cut seventeen.
Speaker 4: And I'm so proud of us. I really am proud of me because I never in a gazillion years thought I could do this.
Speaker 2: Never thought you could do that. I wonder if you ever went to Disney and went like on what was that one ride? It was a horror was at the House of Horror? What was that with it? Take what?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: It was a haunted mansion, but it was called it was it would bring you up slowly, the Tower of Terror, House of Horror. I knew it was alliterative. The Tower of Terror. That was tough. That that was about. It took about ten minutes to get you up there. Then it would open the door and you realize you were about five hundred feet of whatever off the ground and would then drop broom, and of course you know you stopped before you hit the ground the tower. Now that's a ride that took gots gale. Where we go next? Let me go to Lawrence in West Roxbury. Lawrence, you were next one night side welcome.
Speaker 11: Dam. It was learny pretext of why the mission was done.
Speaker 12: Nothing that I know of to the space system has been built by the American taxpayer and the American people since the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and the screw around with that system for personal reasons. It's beyond my it's just beyond I'm a farmer, military man. I spent a long time in the and uh, you know I used to apply the border of the Soviet Union. Yeah. Really that's a different task.
Speaker 2: And now that that's a mission, that's a mission. When you do that, the.
Speaker 11: Idea that you would actually use this system that the American taxpayer and the American people are paid for, well.
Speaker 2: It well let me Lawrence, let me just jump in for a second. This is the work of one of them is called SpaceX, and that's Elon Musks. It's his money. And the other one is Jeff Bezos, the publisher of the Washington Post and the owner.
Speaker 11: Of uh yeah, Anis Vehicles. But yeah, okay, any that we launched anything, there's five to six thousand people involved in that launch.
Speaker 2: I don't at launch. I don't mean to disagree with you, but I think that they have their own it's like their own little private toys.
Speaker 11: And uh uh, the system is built. They use the system to do what they wanted to do. But I just can't believe that that anybody would do this.
Speaker 2: No, But what I'm saying is they're not tied into Cape Kennedy, then Cape Canaveral. They're not tied into Houston to NASA or anything like that. They're totally separate. It's like they launched them. If they're in they're in a couple of spots in the desert of Texas. Then they're not at Cape Kennedy or anything like that.
Speaker 5: They have their.
Speaker 11: I beg to disagree with you, Well, I could just.
Speaker 2: Tell you where they launch it from. You could look, you can look them up the launch it.
Speaker 11: I know where they I know what you're talking about now. But the facts of any time we launch anything from any place, whether it's Vandenburg or Tavel or these places in Texas, there's four or five six thousand sable in place all over the world that are looking at this.
Speaker 2: Well, but why would they be in place? All these rockets do Lawrences? They go up straight up?
Speaker 11: Ah, you're mistaken, you you launch stuff into space. There's so many there's so many things that have to be taken into considerations.
Speaker 2: Okay, but here's but here's my question, here's my Lawrence. Here's my question for you. You know more about this than I do. I grant you you experienced it. Okay. However, they launched their rock it up. It goes up to about sixty miles up. Uh, it goes into technically space where they're where they're weightless, and it comes down. They're in space for like three four minutes. The whole up and down is eleven minutes. You know, they may have to coordinate with the FAA to make sure that they're not knocking some plan out of the air.
Speaker 11: But the fact that the reason when I heard about it, I thought it was a I thought it was a mission there was six women going to space.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's the point it was. It was a ride. It's a ride. It's eleven minutes in duration.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and UH must plan around.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's it. And and they're using celebrities. If they if they sent six plumbers and electricians up or six school teachers whatever. But they had Katie Perry, the big singer. They had Lawrence Sanchez, who was the fiance of Bezos, and Gail King, and then there were three other women all you know, very they looked great in the spacesuits or I don't know how good you looked in your spacesuit, Lawrence, or in your in your flight suit.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But I just man, your program man, which I listened to up from time to time, you know, just bought this to my attention to what really happened.
Speaker 2: That's that's all. I've only reported what happened. That's all eleven minutes, all the way up and back. It would take it, Lawrence, you're in West Roxbury. It would take longer for you to drive to Roach Brothers and buy a gallon of milk then it took them going up and back in space.
Speaker 11: I kind of had to find and wrote others.
Speaker 2: Could take longer, could take longer, Lawrence, I got a run, I got other bunch of other calls got to get to us. Always, thank you so much and thank you for your service. Thanks. I love to talk to you some night about that. By the way, thanks so much. Let's keep rolling here, gonna go to peg Is in New Hampshire. Peg Are you thrilled with this? You're the first female college tonight. Do you think that these were courageous women?
Speaker 3: No, Sunny Williams is.
Speaker 2: The courageous astronaut and happens to be a female. She spent nine nine months up in space on a mission that was gonna last eight days. That's that's an astronaut. And that's not her first time in space either.
Speaker 8: You imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my taking all this this is a little different. So you know, I work second shift, so I miss things at night and in the morning, I get up later. When I got up this morning, on the radio, not right away, and I heard about the co passing and I literally had to like grab my phone and say what and you know, just check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had the same yeah, the same reaction, Yeah, the same reaction. We talked about that for two hours. If you get a chance tomorrow, if you catch at nine o'clock hour, we had a really interesting priest who was had been Cardinal O'Malley's secretary, who was at the conclave with O'Malley back in twenty thirteen, Father Jonathan Gaspar, the pastor of Saint Mary's of the Assumption parish in Brookline. Really interesting guest nine o'clock hour. You get a chance to listen to that, I think you'd enjoy it.
Speaker 5: That would be good.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I caught the like from ten thirty on, But what I was thinking was I heard that a little bit. And when I finally got the news on and I heard about this.
Speaker 10: Space ride, right, I.
Speaker 13: Just find it amazing and how sad it is that the news and the people are putting more emphasis on somebody going up for a space ride. Yes, it is expensive, but you know it's it's not our money, it's their money.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, you spend your money the way you want him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not even truly spent money Bezos money giving him a freebie. I don't know, because it's private, it's not going to be public. But I think they said that on a per person basis. It probably costs them about a million dollars to send that rocket up and bring it back. And you know, Gail King's making it sound like she's an astronaut. She's not an astronatist. I'm an airplane pilot. I get on a plane and I fly from Boston to New York, of Boston to Washington. I'm just a passenger. That's I'm not the pilot.
Speaker 3: No, I heard I heard your sound on that he saying that. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think she's looking for some sort of congressional medal of honor or something like that. I don't know. All right, beg I gotta run here. Only guess I got a whole bunch of calls and I gotta I gotta jump off. We'll and I got a break. I took you before the break. Thank you so much. As always, we'll talk soon, Okay, night now, thanks big, good night. We'll take a break. Coming right back. I'm gonna get Jeff, Glenn and John in for sure, maybe even room for you. I got one in six months, seven two, five, four to ten thirty and one at six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty open lines right there. One and two lines open. Coming back on.
Speaker 1: Night Side Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you bes Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna get everyone in. It's gonna be quick. Let's go to Jeff and Maine. Jeff next on Nightsicker, Right ahead quick.
Speaker 8: My distant cousin, Sean Proctor, was the first female black spaceship commander, flew for SpaceX Private Mission in twenty twenty one. A famous person, Lance Baths. He was Backstreet boys or or one of the boys.
Speaker 2: I know who that was.
Speaker 8: Boy, But just imagine if Jeff Bezos hadn't been behind elon a little bit in the space race, Gail King could have been made mission commander. And if it had happened ahead of Sean, who was a qualified military pilot and also went to astronaut training and her father was one of the silent that they made the movie about with Kevin Costner with the Black Women. He was one of the six thousand that the former Colin Caller was talking about for Space mission. Actually Apollo eight in sixty nine, and Sean was born in seventy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how does this compare to the Gail King experience? I'm trying to focus us on that.
Speaker 8: Well, it's it's like Sean's a qualified you know, astronaut.
Speaker 2: I got that. Yeah, I got that.
Speaker 8: When it comes down to it, you know, it's you don't necessarily have to touch the controls. And it was stated that it was you know, it was a private mission. It was a joy ride.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know there was a couple of billionaires for several hundred millionaires, you know, that paid their way on, and lands Baff paid his way on, you know, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, okay, so so so, so you got it.
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: All I'm trying to do here is to be quick. Jeff, you're kind of supporting that. You're right, you think that Gail King was on a mission, not on just a ride.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I think I think it was just a ridiculous joy ride.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Okay, Okay, I got it now Now I was confused, Jeff, Thanks, thanks so much. I got three more I want to get to.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm going all right get that Jack joy Ryder a courageous mission, John and Quincy. John, you got to be quick for me, Man, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, d happy easim under here you mentioned bezels and musket don't forget about the gentleman there with the Virgin Atlantic calines there Saturday.
Speaker 2: He's been really really quiet, right, I mean he's been kind of quiet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, he's a little smarter than the others. Everybody's toligent to a certain point. But you remember the inauguration, mister Bezel and mister Musket. It's kind of like the Seinfeld episode. They're not only realists, but tact one was looking at the other one's fiances this and the other one is looking at that one. But then it was when uh, Senator John Glenn, who was a pilot went up to the moon the prisoner ward. They were giving him a hard time because there was age, but he earned his keep. He went to like boot camp and training camp and all that. Oh yeah, probably he.
Speaker 2: Had flown in the Korean War. And by the way, you're talking about Richard Branson with Virgin Atlantic, but but Glenn had had flown in the Korean War alongside Ted Williams. Actually believe it.
Speaker 9: Or not right and tell a lot of people in really it's not only did Ted Williams give up path of his career during World War two, but the Korean War is absolutely.
Speaker 2: Two terms, John, I got to run here, I got you got to call early and give you more time. Okay, I get two more.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Red Sox are just I hope. I'm so sad they're not going to be able to play the White Sox again until the playoffs. Talk to you later, by Glenn. Is it brighton? Glenn? Got to be quick. You're late, but you got to be quick, Glenn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told Rob, but I think it's a rich woman's joy right now. One's a libitarian. I don't care. Just tell the truth about it. Yeah, don't sea, we ride, Judy Redsnick, Krista mccrlofs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know you're talking. Yeah, well, Sonny Williams. Well recently listen.
Speaker 5: To Gail King. She's too old for me. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: We will note that, I promise appropriately noted. Okay, I'm sure. I'm sure. Is she You're going to break her heart?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Her heartbreaker? Glenn. Talk to you ter see say I'll talk to you Friday. Probably. Thanks good, Thanks all. The last one of the hour, last one of the night. Ron and Weymouth. Hey, Ron, welcome, How are you tonight?
Speaker 14: I'm very good, I hope you're feeling good too, very expensive suburban uh pr ride.
Speaker 5: Uh tell her that.
Speaker 14: Tell Gail King to go in the Empire Staple and go up and down. You get the same thrill.
Speaker 8: Not as good as you.
Speaker 5: But what the hell?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Now you know that's that's stupid.
Speaker 6: The whole thing is stupid.
Speaker 14: And if she expect to get a medal from uh President Trump, he's gonna off his butt off if she ever asked for one, because she'll never.
Speaker 2: Get She just what happened when she took she took the heat, you know was uh, she probably was used by Bezos. I'm sure Bezos invited her to go for the ride. He invited probably Katy Perry. I don't know this for sure. Maybe they paid the money. I doubt it. I doubt it. So he got a little bit of glam on his ride for eleven minutes, got some extra publicity out of it, and then Gaale took some sort of a burn because people called it a ride and not a mission. It was nothing more than a ride, that's all it was. So they said they called the Tower of Terrace it was dangerous.
Speaker 14: That's right, it is what it was. It was just a ride and it's a big, big pr that's all it was. And she's see, I'm an astronaut, now I'm a woman astronaut. She's not. She just went up and edge his face and came back and like I said, tell her to go in the ampstead and go up in the elevator, up and down, and she won't have a good deal. But what the hell will be the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear you. It would be like again if you took an airplane to New York of Washington and you just sat back and relaxed, and then you claimed, well, I was a pilot. I flew an airplane. No, you flew on an airplane. You didn't fly the airplane. Simple as that. Ron, thank you much as you call early, give you one time, thanks much.
Speaker 6: You have a great night.
Speaker 2: Done for the night, everybody. Rons you can still go in there, but we're just flat out of time. I will thank Rob, i will thank Marita, I'll thank all our guests. With a special shout out to my guest at nine o'clock, Father Jonathan Gaspar, the pastor of Saint Mary's Lady Saint Mary's of the Assumption Church in Brookline. I'll end, as always all dogs, all cats, and Pope Francis agrees with me. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pell. Charlie. Rays were passed in February of twenty fifteen. Yeah, that's twenty ten, fifteen years ago. Twenty ten, fifteen years ago. That's all your pets are past. They loved you and you loved them, and I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again them all night. At night's out. I'll be on Facebook. Nice out with Dan rayin a couple of minutes. Love to say hello. I won't be long. Stop by, see you tomorrow. Everybody, have a great Tuesday. Thank you. Rup