Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check. I think you're gonna want to hear this. Your local sports coverage lives here and the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall, Now are you gonna go.
Speaker 3: On the coach at eight o'clock tonight?
Speaker 2: Sits down and let's put it in.
Speaker 4: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 2: Ten o'clock at downtown Vancouver where the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls or director. The voice of God is Derek Wan. How are you? Oh? It couldn't be better? Some connect news to pass the yeah, Vancouver con news. But before we get to that, well, this is still Vancouver Conuck news. The Abbotsford Canucks. They lose Game three last night down in Texas by a score of five to two to the Texas Stars. Abbotsford is still up two to one in that best of seven Calder Cup Western Conference Final games four and five Wednesday and Friday. It's in Cedar Park, Texas, just outside of Austin.
Speaker 3: Austin, Okay. If I'm Manny, I'm not happy, and you can't lose the Special Team's battle like this. Texas scored two goals in the power play, Donnie, and then too.
Speaker 2: Short handed, Too shorthanded.
Speaker 3: You cannot give up two short handed goals in a Western Conference final and any sport, I mean, in any league done, I mean, two of them in one game is just unbelievable. So they lost the Special Team's battle. Sea Lobs came down to Earth, you know, so we'll give up five goals, trade Dempco, Trade Dempco because Sea Loves is ready one game. Just what are you talking about? He got lit up last night five goals, Donnie. Anyways, so he came down to Earth. They lost the spet And where's Jonathan Mcaramaki down in this series? He's got three shots on that no points.
Speaker 2: Just this is the guy.
Speaker 3: If you're the Canucks, you're sitting there going is he going to have a full time job with the Canucks next year. Well, he's kind of fused out here in the Western Final and they need him to get going back all the playoffs, really, all the playoffs. One goal in twelve twelve playoff games. That's it for Lakaramakie after nineteen in the regular season.
Speaker 2: So you're giving up on Sea Loves, and let's.
Speaker 3: Cockey stop stop not giving up on them. I'm just saying, hey, you want your young kids to come to the forefront and be difference makers.
Speaker 2: That's all. That's the One criticism of Abosford's playoff drive is that it's being fueled by players who have NHL experiences veterans and speaking of which again we've gone on about him a lot, but Lindis Carlson last night one goal and one assist. He's third and America Like League playoffs, scoring fifteen points in fifteen games. And have said it before he looked very comfortable at the NHL level this year. One of the few bright spots for the Canucks, and things look positive for him last team.
Speaker 3: Baines two assists, Baines two assists last night. He still hasn't scored in the playoffs, but he's got thirteen assists so the assists are there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So again game four Wednesday down in Texas. Meanwhile, by the way, you talk about she loves he was. They were outshot Atbotsford yesterday thirty six, twenty four. You're just giving up with the guy.
Speaker 3: Ah stop first game he was great and the Canucks got out shot as well.
Speaker 2: And they won nothing. No brawl, by the way, this time around, that's the little bit disappointing. Cole then was in on. He scored the first goal.
Speaker 3: He scored the first Colon was all over the place last night for Texas.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the parent team, the Vancouver Canucks, I think you know all about them, Rick, They've hired Kevin Dean, and you had this what a week or two ago, But Thomas Drantz tweeted this out earlier this morning. We got that Ryan sort to bother you. There, there you go, there you go. I'll read it because you're mentioned here. Okay, hearing the Canucks will be hiring former Blackhawks and Bruins assistant coach Kevin Dean, whose name Rick surface last week, to join Adam Foot's staff. Foot in the club are still finalizing the rest of the staff. Expect Dean Kevin Dean. The hire to be announced offficiently when that's complete. So Kevin Dean, as you had last week, the latest member of the newest member of the Canucks coaching staff. He has a long and pretty impressive resume. Part of the resume is that he was part of the coaching staff for the American team at the World Hockey Championships and the ended up winning gold there winning that tournament. And here's a shot of Kevin Denean with a couple of dan Kevin Dean. I was Kevin Dean with Alex Flask and Frank Nazar, two of the American players who are also with Kevin with the Blackhawks.
Speaker 3: He's from Madison. Is it Wisconsin? He's from Madison. He's a University of Wisconsin. Exactly exactly very sought after. The Canucks recruited him hard, Donnie. They worked hard on this. This guy had options. He's an American from Wisconsin who has coached in Chicago and Boston. To pick up his family and go all the way to Vancouver is a big deal. That tells you that the Canucks recruiting worked and they were. They went after this guy hard. After Luke Richardson. He is the most sought after assistant coach you had talked to in the league.
Speaker 2: Sources last night, Blackhawks had a good season, so they could see why.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, sometimes you go to a weak team daunt, but you still get the respect. He turned that vlastic defenseman in Chicago into a top four D elite, smart defensive coach, good with the young kids. Why is that important don in Vancouver? Because who's coming up? Ellie's Petterson, the defenseman, Tom Lander, Victor Mancini. Good to have a guy who's good with the young players. Canucks have three defensemen that are young that are coming up through the ranks. They got Sawyer Medio coming to, kudrat Sef coming to. So it's good to have a coach who's good with the young players. And this guy is good.
Speaker 2: With the young fit that Bill as well, even though he's the head coach. Yeah, he's hand the defense this time big to Adam Foot did a great job. So who else is coming up is going to be on that staff? What about Yogi?
Speaker 3: Yogi, I don't see going anywhere. Yogi Sebskowski. I see uh coming back. As far as I know, I know the Canucks like him. I know the Sedin Twins like him. I know I know the players like him. I know everybody likes Yogi. So I'd be shocked if he's not back. They need an offensive coach, Don. They've got a top six right now, Don, that is not very attractive. They need a guy to come in and help with the offense and the goals because when you look at this top six the way it is today, not good. I know they're gonna they got here a few weeks to fix the top six, but as of today, I don't think it's an attractive job. I don't think Scott. I don't think assistant coaches are going get me to Vancouver to get me to Vancouver to work with that top six.
Speaker 2: So you don't imagine coming here and turning things around. That's it, despite the personnel that they have right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because right now, I don't think it's an attractive job in Vancouver to work with this offense forwards.
Speaker 2: Okay, So speaking of that, and we've got a couple of open segments today and we're gonna talk about what's happening, what could be happening with Eleas Petterson. I know we rarely talk about him on the show. We don't, but we're gonna We're gonna do that as the day goes on with Eleis Petterson and keeping in mind it is no movement clause kicks in on July first. One more a little tougher to trade him.
Speaker 3: One more thing on Dean, if you want to Derek Forbert, he coached Derek Forbert in Boston. Derek Forbert's the UFA will Fourbert likes Dean a lot. Will the signing of Dean keep for Burt in town something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, Meanwhile, we'll talk more about Elias Peterson in that situation. Uh. Nick Kiprio's back east and Elliott Friedman as well. They have a few things to say about that situation. And actually let's let's focus on it now somewhat. We'll get to the meat of the subject a little bit later. But did you see this season ticket board I don't get this on Twitter last night directed at Canucks season ticket holders, like, hey, you know we're we're really good and we're going to be better and you know your renew your season tickets, take out a loan, whatever the case may be. What did you notice about this.
Speaker 3: Uh, the highest paid player on the hockey club is not in there, the best player is not in there. Then we're talking about Ellie's Petterson's.
Speaker 2: Well, for the people listening on our podcast, this board does not include Elias Petterson. Various shots of four other players, a couple of fans in there as well. But it's Connor Garland, it's Quinn Hughes, it's Jake debrask and Keith for sure?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But is this the new logo? Not the logo? What's the remember we are all slogan? Is that the new slogan altogether? I'm gonna say yes, okay, because the slogan was we are all Connects not too long ago.
Speaker 2: How that's your takeaway.
Speaker 3: I'm getting time, just I want to get that confirmed. How can you not have Eli's Peterson, your highest paid player in this picture? It is shocking to me that ownership, management and whoever puts these photos together would not discuss it's great for our show, it's great. How would they not discuss by not putting Peterson in this that.
Speaker 2: This is not good? Well, I I will guarantee, and you know the Canucks front office they watch our show every day, right, now they're probably saying, these guys making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Speaker 3: What Lewis Peterson isn't in this on this board? Come on, it's not a mountain out of the mohill. You're selling season tickets and you don't got your best player, most expensive player, highest salary.
Speaker 2: Best player.
Speaker 3: Well okay, here, well, hey, go by go buy salaries?
Speaker 2: Done eleven point six? Who in the in the world goes by salary? Like, I'm serious? So you're saying so you're saying Petterson is a better player than he was based on So sure, what.
Speaker 3: Makes two million a year? Okay, around there, Patterson makes eleven points better? Say god, sure, what in the campaign sell season tickets and not Petterson?
Speaker 2: Eleven sex Well, I understand, come on, gone, okay, I don't know what you're arguing here, but I understand why Petterson, big guy, I understand why Petterson isn't there because it means they might have to change things if he's moved in the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Is this a signal that management is telling us the Patterson might be traded he's not there? You go, yes? Is that a signal that we might move?
Speaker 2: Elliots?
Speaker 3: Patterson and we're not going to put him in a season ticket campaign.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It's in the category, yeah, it's it's in the things that make you What are you shaking your head out over there?
Speaker 2: For Ryan?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that there's a category with that on it.
Speaker 2: The category This is also interesting.
Speaker 1: It's also a digital advertisement, by the way, so like you could have him in.
Speaker 2: It, easily replaceable.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't. That's why it's more weird that they wouldn't have him in it, Is it not?
Speaker 2: Is it not interesting?
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, you know what it made me think of? Remember the John Torrella line about David Booth. Remember that one night we had a good game.
Speaker 2: He was our best player. And that's not a good.
Speaker 1: Nice for David Booth, but not nice for us. That's really nice for Keith for Sherwood. That ain't great for the Vancouver Canucks. And he's part of He's a for sure, Yeah, but come on, he's a role player here. I mean, he shouldn't be on a second, shouldn't be part of your campaign? Come to see him forty one nights a year.
Speaker 2: You're an elitist, And I understand that. Keith for Surewood is a fan favorite. If you are selling tickets back in the eighties, would you not have Harold.
Speaker 3: Steps Samuel Gredeen Frazer on your poster back then?
Speaker 2: Of course you would.
Speaker 3: I guess Soul would have been on there.
Speaker 2: No, but no. But I'm just saying a guy who doesn't necessarily pile up points, but he's a fan favorite. He works his ass off. Nothing wrong with that. Okay, but DEM's not there. Yeah, that's another good one.
Speaker 3: Goes on tickets ten minutes to figure that one. Besser's not there, which is we we we Hey, Besser. You know they all but said goodbye. Demo's not there, But look, Quinn Hughes. They gonna just put Quinn Hughes on there and said bye season tickets. Okay, but if you're going to put a group of players and not have your highest paid player in there, Stands or your former ves in a finalist goaltender or Demco is not in there, that's in the categories.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 1: You know what they should have done. They should have done an ad with all guys that might be shipped out of town. So Besser, even though he's depending UFA e forty Demco hell throw talkings based on there the same as the older something.
Speaker 3: Remember these guys fun comes together. The other guy in the city is Heronic. I would put a Heronic in that group over some guys I see.
Speaker 2: In that group three fowards. I have no problem as sure would be.
Speaker 1: On then what do you mean he's a rule the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they need more guys like for shrewing. I'm sorry, but he's not.
Speaker 1: That's not Marquis billboard player, Keith for Sherwin.
Speaker 2: This is come on, all in favor of them getting Mason March. They need people. They need players. Look, they need high end They're not gonna get Connor mcgavia or Jack Geicel. Okay, they need players to bring that bloody building alive, but they need seats. Aren't gonna do it. I'm sorry, they need more guys like that. I don't have a problem at all. This speaks to how lacking they are in high end talent. That's what this shirks. Okay, because the fact that I mean what you guys are antip.
Speaker 3: They got a horrible top six right now and then, and this is the reason why you're seeing this and these four put together bottom.
Speaker 2: Line career high. Last year they were bottom line bottom line.
Speaker 1: Again, that's really nice for Keith for Surewood.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna rip Surewoodie. If every other guy both Sherwood's work ethic and in passion and shame as Garland, you're shelling. They need more guys, guys with you know, lunch Paiale, gum boots by Steel Toesrick.
Speaker 1: You're asking people to buy se taking you.
Speaker 3: Want you want to tell your public coach totally understanding, you're not.
Speaker 2: Sure of the future of the LEAs Peterson. Same goes with that. That's what they said, goodbye? Did they can't be on this board? I'm sorry, Yes they can't.
Speaker 1: Again, it's a digital ad. They can change it into thirty.
Speaker 3: Five Saderson as seven years on his contract? How like, how is a guy with seven years not on there?
Speaker 2: You tell me what would be a bigger deal? Like, what would be more of a bone of content for people? Why? Why is? Why? Why is them going that? Why why is Peterson? Ons? Are they going to be around? No?
Speaker 1: Are you? People went in bat a eye this this guy played, this guy played because Petterson isn't on it, and nobody look for key for seven years Rick because nobody Andy Cole first brought this up on Twitter. Nobody replied to Andy about, Hey, where's.
Speaker 2: That Aronic too?
Speaker 3: Coronica Heronic should be on there.
Speaker 2: They asked him if he wanted to be on. He got pissed. He got pissed. I'm kidding, all right, DTMZ is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour. Craig Button is going to join us just after eleven o'clock, fresh off his coverage at the Memorial Cup. Did you see this guy his throat? He clearly was battling something and he, like Kee for shrew ed with the Knucks last got it and out did his job.
Speaker 1: Big Rye.
Speaker 2: He's going to join us just after eleven Craig big Rye, the Twitter guy later this hour and up next. We recorded this interview yesterday the Pride of Richmond, former Vancouver Cannuck now involved in the Stanley Cup Final, Troy Stature. He was kind enough to join us yesterday. We're going to air that interview next. Game one of the Stanley Cup Final Wednesday in Edbonton Oilers and Panther is a rematch of last year's Stanley Cup Final. Troy is next. Thanks so much for tuning in Donnie had only the team want to check Donnie and the team is supported by Ableauctions dot Ca. Closing your business we can help. Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business.
Speaker 3: And sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner. Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 2: Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. That's sales at ABLA Auctions dot ca.
Speaker 3: The Mayside Resort is a boutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful oceanfront property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, oceanfront restaurant, lounge, high speed internet access or the perfect place for your next corporate event. The Bayside ocean Front Resort, the perfect choice.
Speaker 2: Any time of the year.
Speaker 3: It's called two five zero, two four eight eight triple three and book your stay today.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, and all of our guests today are brought to you by our title sponsor Able Auctions and Able Auctions dot c A. Just before we get to our Troy Stature interview which we recorded yesterday. This from the Delaney's ok Tying Langley and Aldergrove Inbox sav in Van City. If Donnie and Day had a poster, you would put Big Ryan Derek Wong on the front and Quinn Taylor in the upper corner. That's a good submission. He would be our key for sure. I guess I don't have a problem with Sherwood being there. I went on and on about it in the first segment.
Speaker 3: Most teams would not have one of their lowest paid guys on there and not taking it. I'm a huge Sherwood guy, but most teams wouldn't have him on there.
Speaker 2: He was a bright spot for that.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: The guy making eleven six is got seven more years in this city. He should be on there. Why did you give me years? Because you love him?
Speaker 2: You place a lot of importance on money. Oh my god, he should be on there because he's making eleven Well you rip him because oh he's not worth eleven six and he didn't, so you used the money angle too.
Speaker 3: Hey, here's the deal. Mitch Marner is going to make thirteen or fourteen million on his next deal. He's going to get ripped everywhere he goes if he underperforms, especially in the Canadian market. Don what's your point? My point is you said money. How can you not bring it up when he's making eleven six and he had forty five points this year done.
Speaker 2: Cal Callan Langley, Hey, Donnie, Ryan doesn't get it. He doesn't go back to the days of the Canucks when they didn't win, but the team was full of guys like Keifer Shrewood. They gave their best every night. This fan base is always loved lunch bucket guys, not prima donnas. And I don't know if i'd call him a lunch bucket guy, but he certainly was a fan favorite look at look at zidoroff last year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, big time.
Speaker 2: It's just prop the building alive. And you would you not love to say? What are you're shaking your head over there again? Would you not love to see? And Quinn Hughes said it Keith for Shrewood in a playoff series, the Nashville series last night.
Speaker 3: That's why they got him. That's why they got him.
Speaker 2: If you're a Canuck fan, you want to see Keith for Shrwood play series, you'd bring the building alive, unlike a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: So I guess you know for tomorrow Night's Stanley Cup. Fine, instead of McDavid dry Sidle on the billboard, they should have what City Pod because he busts his ass. I mean, like I say, that graphic just speaks the lead talent this team has. This team has.
Speaker 2: Nothing to give you that I'll give.
Speaker 1: You, and that drives that home again. We would all agree Keith for sure, it great player. We'd all agree it might be arguably the best signing this management group has made in their time here. But come spend thousands of dollars forty one nights a year to see this guy. I mean that is give that true.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's like it's like Cal says, you weren't around in the old days.
Speaker 1: Is it lunch bucket, by the way, or lunch box?
Speaker 2: Lunch bucket?
Speaker 1: I never heard of a I've never heard of a lunch bucket. I've only heard lunch box, lunch payo.
Speaker 2: Lunch box. We're gonna move on tomorrow's question favorite lunch blank Yeah, lunch container.
Speaker 3: Another hardworking guy coming up on the interview. That's what people want, hard work.
Speaker 2: I got a segue. Game one of the Stanley Cup Final goal is Wednesday in ebonton Oilers and Panthers. Yesterday we were able to hook up with Oilers defenseman Troy Stature. He's been in the last couple of seasons. Didn't get in a game in the playoffs last year, had an injury. He's played six games so far in these playoffs. Former Canuck, the Pride of Richmond, getting ready for Game one. We'll see how much he plays. We'll talk about that in this interview. We started the interview off yesterday by asking Troy kind of an obvious question, Edmonton, what's that city like right now?
Speaker 5: It's buzzing, everybody's pretty excited. Especially after last year. Everybody's happy to be back in the position we're in, So just a lot of excitement, a lot of buzz.
Speaker 2: As for yourself, Troy, you were with the Oilers last year but didn't get it in, didn't get into any postseason games. What was this experience been like this year? This year, this time around, getting to play in multiple games?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been great.
Speaker 5: Obviously, last year I had ankle surgery and missed the entirety of the playoffs and had got traded there at the deadline, and obviously I resigned the offseason. So this year, just being here the full year, contributing the playoffs and being healthy, it's been a different experience and what I'm super grateful for. So just happy to help the team have some success up to this point, and I'm just going to continue to work hard and see if my number gets called in the finals.
Speaker 2: Hey Troy, how is this year's team different than last year's team, which took the Paths to seven games?
Speaker 5: Well, obviously, personnel, I think we made a lot of changes throughout our roster and then.
Speaker 4: Just the way we play.
Speaker 5: I think last year our PK was, you know, clicking over ninety percent throughout the playoffs and had a lot of success there, you know, shifting the momentum through different games. This year, our PK's struggled at times and we found different ways to win and definitely feels like we're a really really good five on five team and that's where our strength is. And obviously our power play unit's been together for X amount of years, so they still have that chemistry. So just a different build up, and I guess based on personnel and playing style.
Speaker 3: Hey, Troy, you played some great games in that Dallas series. What was the difference in that series for the orders.
Speaker 5: I think there's obviously a couple of things you could look at, depending on who you talk to. I think for us it was being disciplined and staying out of the box and then just trying to play with them five on five. Obviously, in Game one, we felt like we were the better team throughout the majority of the game and the third period our PK kind of.
Speaker 4: Let us down.
Speaker 5: And throughout the rest of the series we really had a conscious effort of being responsible with our sticks. The penalties we were taking, We're hooking, slashing, tripping, so just being more cautious for our stick placement and that allows us to play to our strength at five and five.
Speaker 3: Hey, Troy, there's a kid in your dressing room, Vasili pod Colson. What can you tell us about him the player and how he has been throughout the season and the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, POD's is great. Arguably the hardest worker I've ever played with in my career. He's at the rink maybe three four hours before you're.
Speaker 4: On the ice. He's there at least an hour before everybody else.
Speaker 5: And he's very quiet, but he goes about his business and he's super committed and dedicated.
Speaker 4: So you could ask anybody in our room.
Speaker 5: Everybody has a lot a lot of respect for for Pods and the way he holds himself and the work that he puts in.
Speaker 4: He's a he's a great teammate.
Speaker 3: You know, we can only dream about ever playing with them McDavid and dry Settle, but you get to, you know, go in the dressing room and be with him on road trips all season long. What is it playing with two superstars like that, Troy?
Speaker 5: I mean, they're obviously two of the best in the world, if not the two best, But it's no different than anywhere else you play Obviously there's role players or superstars or top end guys. So it just seems like the players in that category with Davo and Leo, it's.
Speaker 4: They're there for a reason, you know.
Speaker 5: The work they put in, the way they conduct themselves, the way they watch their nutrition, the way they get their sleep, it's just constantly a twenty four seven commitment that they embrace and more than anything, loves.
Speaker 4: So they're just great leaders.
Speaker 5: They're super inspiring and obviously themselves as individual players are pretty phenomenal.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Pod Colston hard work or another guy is Zach Hyman He's out.
Speaker 2: How much does that hurt Troy?
Speaker 5: Obviously it's a big loss. Like is a huge part of our team. You know, last year he scored over fifty goals. This year he didn't have the same offensive production, but he was a big piece of our power play. He's a big piece of being a supporting player in our top six.
Speaker 4: For those two.
Speaker 5: Guys that we just talked about, a vocal leader in the room, was leading the playoffs and hits. So anytime you lose a player like Zach Hyman, you're definitely gonna feel the effects.
Speaker 4: So it's a big loss for us.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 5: Just to say the old saying goes, you know, next up, next man, not mentality, and then that's kind of the way we've ran through these playoffs.
Speaker 2: Hey, try, what's it like being and I don't know, Chris Snoblock is the head coach, But what's it like being coached by the guy in charge of the defense, the legendary Paul Coffee.
Speaker 5: It's unique obviously being a former player at the the caliber player that he was, it's pretty cool to rub shoulders with him on a daily basis and kind of pick his brain. He's you can definitely tell he was a player, he wasn't a coach. He definitely goes about his his tactics a little different than what I've been used to it through my career, but it seems to work with our group. And the most important thing, he just instills a lot of confidence and a lot of belief in each and every one of us. So he's a He's a great coach, and I'm super fortunate to play for him.
Speaker 2: Hey, what kind of tone does Chris Knoblock set for that team? Because he just looks so cool and calm and all his whenever you see him talk talk to the press.
Speaker 5: He's got a quiet and calm demeter to him, for sure, but he's extremely intelligent, super detailed. Puts in a lot of hours behind the scenes that I'm sure a lot of people know about and that you don't see.
Speaker 4: But it seems like he's the right man for for our group.
Speaker 5: We got a lot of personalities, a lot of guys that have been around the league for a long time, and he's definitely that kind of calming presence that we need.
Speaker 4: So everybody has a lot of respect for Nobbery.
Speaker 5: He's done a really good job and more than anything, he's just a really nice man.
Speaker 4: He's a he means well and super respectable.
Speaker 2: Have you seen his lookalike? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of gone viral that. I guess there was a priest or something here in Edmonton that looks like his twinn. He came to the game four or five, I believe against Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of scary. Hey are you touching this earlier? But what have you told? What have you been told by Chris and the coaching staff about your role in the Stanley Cup Final?
Speaker 5: I don't think I've been told like what my role is in the finals. I know what my role is on this team, and throughout the season I played a lot with Darnell Nurse. We obviously added John Klingberg throughout the season, and then added Jake Wellman at the deadline. So we have eight quality defensemen. All eight of us can play, and right now they're going with a different six. So more than anything, it's just being a good cheerleader, supporting your teammates and the guys that are in the lineup and encouraging them to do their best, and then at the same time working as far as you can to stay ready in case you do get called. So that's been my mindset my entire career. I think you guys probably know that. Getting back to Vancouver and yeah, I'm just super excited to be in the position I'm in with a chance to win the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 2: Can't imagine. Croy fabulous is always Thanks so much and best of luck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Free agent undrafted when he broke into the National Hockey League out of the Universe Versity of North Dakota with the coct He played with Utica as well with the Kentucks. He's played five hundred and sixty games. Troy has one year left on his contract up at Edmonton Captain of seven eighty seven five good on Troy statue.
Speaker 3: When this guy left Vancouver boy to Canucks lost a character guy. You can't talk to anyone in the hockey world who doesn't like Troy stature, or you'd be hard pressed to find somebody.
Speaker 2: Absolutely or thanks to Troy a break now and will introduce the pool question next. Donnie and do only the team watch that love golf but hate the rain. Hideout Golf is now open.
Speaker 3: Located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street. Hideout Golf is your new go to golf simulator bar, perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive play.
Speaker 2: Hide Out Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Dolly listeners. Get five percent off simulator time for your first booking. Just use the promo code Dad Dad twenty five. That's Dad Dad twenty five. Ready to d up your next night out?
Speaker 3: Book now at a Hideout Golf dots eight.
Speaker 2: Waddling Dog whole question first time around for us Today visit one of Victoria's favorite pups, the Dog, where you could enjoy twenty caps and twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks and UFC come sit and stay at the dog today. Rick, all right, get her up the waddling dog pup.
Speaker 3: Poll question, what will your reaction be if the Canucks keep Elius Petterson past life first and is no move clause kicks in positive or angry? And right now sixty four percent say positive he's gonna rebound next year, but thirty six percent say they'll be angry. He needs to go eight hundred and fifty votes already topping. It's popping, and a little surprised at this one. I really am. I thought they'd be more angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, voting h.
Speaker 3: Just after the season that he just had forty five points for a top line center and all all the chaos with Miller this year was just a gone show. The lack of conditioning, Oh, the train showed up to camps was out of shape, and then.
Speaker 2: All that stuff. Okay, so and you'll be get criticized a lot, and that that's fine. We're in a public form that that's the sort of thing that happens, and people wondering, you're pulling this out of thin air. Why are you talking about this again? The reason we brought it up is because a friend of the show, Nick Kiprios back East. On a regular basis, he puts out trade boards. Players who he feels through his connections also could could be on the move in the near future are being shopped. So his most recent trade board has at the top of the trade board the LEAs Petterson. Even though you know you wonder about his value, what they could get in return would be a good idea for the Canucks to trade it. But he's got him. He's got him front and center, or not front and center, but at the top. Came up with a write up regarding Eleas Petterson and why he's so high on that trade board. Have we got the quote here? If you want to do the honors here? Rick Oh still on for me.
Speaker 3: This is mister Nick Kiprios. Petterson doesn't have any trade protection in his contract for now, but that changes July first, when a full note movement kicks in. Are the Canucks prepared to keep Patterson and hope he rebounds to being a one hundred point player again or will they look to move him over the next month because that clause kicks in. Despite a down season for Petterson, his value hasn't taken as big of a hit as.
Speaker 2: Many perceive that.
Speaker 3: According to Nick Kiprios of Sports, we just lost our mics. We got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so this is what kiprio So he's basically saying his name's out there.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that the big takeaway is the last sentence. Despite a down season for Petterson, his value hasn't taken as big a hit as many perceive. What are you hearing You mean I'm not hearing that. I mean you mean we were heard Carolina a year ago was interested maybe Buffalo.
Speaker 3: He had forty five points. He's got seven more years at eleven point six million. Do you understand the risk that the other team has to take? Everybody trade Petterson? What are you getting back? Like, seriously, what are you getting back?
Speaker 2: Or it could really work.
Speaker 3: This hockey club has a first line center that had forty five points. They don't have a second line center. If you trade Petterson, what are you getting back? Are you getting back at first line center? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I thought. I thought you're talking about the risk for the other team, the risk for the other team both teams. Yeah, well, the well, hold it a second.
Speaker 3: The risk for the other team is much higher, don because you're taking this guy for seven more years at eleven point six.
Speaker 2: But the Cannucks would be absorbing some of that, would they not?
Speaker 3: Well, they would have to. But you okay, so let's go there. You're given Oel four point seven. Oh, you're given machayab seven hundred next year. The Canucks are giving two players five point two million not to play here next year.
Speaker 2: Don you want to add to that list? So, speaking of Nick Kiprios, yesterday on The Real Kipper and Bourn, which airs here on Sportsnet six fifty, Elliott Friedman, another friend of ours, was on their show, and this is what Elliot had to say regarding a possible dealing a trade involving Eleas Petterson.
Speaker 6: I think they've known what's out there for him for a little bit of time.
Speaker 7: Nick.
Speaker 6: To me, it simply comes down to if they if they want to do it. Jim Rutherford is the guy who's spearheaded signing Patterson. He was the guy who was most behind it. He was the guy who wanted to do it. I don't think everybody in the Van Who organization was sold about it when they did it, But Jim Rutherford had the biggest voice of the biggest vote he was, and so you have to tell me that he's changed his mind or he feels there's something he's got to do differently now. I think at different times this year the Canucks really thought about it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I think one of.
Speaker 6: The issues was that Patterson struggled so much this year that.
Speaker 4: It kind of hurt his value.
Speaker 6: And I don't think they look I mean, ultimately, the better thing to do, Nick is solved your problem as opposed to trade your problem, and I think that is their goal. The other thing, too is, you know, if if you're concerned about Quinn hughes future, and clearly they are, how do you feel about yourself as an organization if you have a situation where both Hughes and Patterson could be gone in a couple of years. I think you would consider that a major disappointment. So I know they've looked into it. I know they've considered it. I think they know exactly what his value is. But I always remember that Jim Rutherford was the guy who's made the decision to sign him.
Speaker 2: It wasn't unanimous, he did it.
Speaker 6: So you've got to convince me that Jim Rutherford has changed his mind.
Speaker 2: Elliott Freeman yesterday on the Real Kipper and Born. And this leads to something that we hear behind the scenes that Patrick Alvin and Rick Cockett were hesitant when it came to extending Elas Petterson before he signed the eleven point six million dollar a year deal, that this was Jim Rutherford's push.
Speaker 3: Most people think it was Rutherford. I don't think Rick Cockett and Rick Hackett will never come out and say this. Don I don't think he was a fan of the deal. I think Rick Cockett made it be known to management that probably this isn't a guy I can win with on so but they did it.
Speaker 2: Rutherford did it.
Speaker 3: But maybe Rutherford's backing off now and saying, you know, I don't want to move this guy. But I will say this, every guy on that roster up till July first should be available after the season.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 3: The only untouchable they got is Quinn Hughest.
Speaker 2: Is he That's it? Is he intouchable?
Speaker 3: Because there there's been some well, look they're moving to having on Earth to try and improve the tream for Quinn Hughes doing sure.
Speaker 2: But what are the chances of doing that? And I mean I think Nick's talked about it. In fact, I know he has. He's talked about the possibility of Quinn He's being moved now as opposed in the future. Imagine what like his deal right now is so good if and look, I'm a rebuild guy, So you take this with a grain of salt if you want, imagine what you can get from now or even a year from now, versus at the trade you know, the trade deadline or but if this is the this is what's gonna happen, I'll tell you right now. Is next season, not this coming season, the season after that. We've talked about this before. They're gonna be contending for a playoff spot. Ye what happens, they don't trade Quinn Hughes, he leaves for nothing and they're left with what they will cap space.
Speaker 3: Donny, they will never be in a position to allow Quinn Hughes to walk without get something one of the two trade deadlines, either next year the trade deadline after they will move him and get something they have to. You can now that you are.
Speaker 2: You what I just said, knowing the history of the Canucks.
Speaker 3: That happening, this is a right what you said. You know Norris trophy winner and you're gonna let him walk for nothing to return. That would be absolutely before Rick. They not have a player of this magnitude. So think of the hall you can get with Quinn. So you agree with me that, well, they are going to have to move him if he says how sooner you move him, the bigger the hall. That's a great point. And some are saying that maybe the connection move Hughes this upcoming trade deadline. If he says no to an extension, there you go, then the next one. There you go that there is no place on earth where the Canucks don't get something in return for him.
Speaker 2: Come on, like you you obviously been paying.
Speaker 3: Trophy winner in his prime and you're not gonna get anything for him.
Speaker 2: They didn't get anything for Bester this year. The best with the playoff spots is not I understand, but they didn't do it with Besser and and and this has happened before, not that long ago, in the Banning era. I could see it happening. Hey, if they.
Speaker 3: Let Quinn Hughes walk without getting anything, that person should be fired on the spot ten seconds after he leaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, I'll agree with you there. Okay. By the way, other players on Nick's trade board, Morgan Riley, Rasmus Anderson, Eric Carlson, Marco ROSSI to talk about the biggest one. I'm getting to the bowen Byrons on that list. Your buddy Ivan barberschev Barber.
Speaker 3: Chef, good guy, get him, get him, Dan Milstein that client.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh we know, and KeAndre Miller, et cetera, et cetera. It's a it's a good read. Okay, We're good. Oh. I've got to do some business for our friends today, blocks like I do every time, every every day. At this time, considering closing your business us, maybe we should look into this. Not sure how to get everything sold and you're building emptied. Let the experts that able auctions help Able has been helping business owners and managers sell sriplus equipment, inventory and vehicle fleets in a timely and orderly matter for decades. Just send a quick email to sales Atable Auctions dot ca to get started. We're gonna get right back to you with some ideas and options. Quick easy, free, no obligations. Sales Atable Auctions dot CA, sales at ab l E Auctions dot C. A Craig button top of the hour, upnext, Big Rye, Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 3: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management, from finding a tenant to collecting rent and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks a Bird's Nest Property as a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit Bird's Nest Properties dot C.
Speaker 2: Just I had a big rye. Twitter guy Nick from VIC Delaney's okay tying Langley and older girlve inbox Nick from VIC. Seth Jones not flourishing under Kevin Dean's coaching in Chicago. Very unlikable choice uh Dick's words.
Speaker 3: I don't like that Seth Jones. Donny wanted on Columbus, wanted out of Chicago. He wants to go to a winner. He can't stand losing, the captain said when Seth Jones was traded, good riddance. Dean has nothing to do with a guy like Seth Jones, Dean worked with that vlastic kid.
Speaker 2: He worked with defenseman.
Speaker 3: Okay, don the guy wanted out in Chicago. He's got nothing to do with Dean. He looked look was a defenseman. Look when he's the coach who's in charge of defenseman. Look what Seth Jones didn't clumb in to do with him. I want to trade. I want to trade out of Chicago. Come on, God, he's a veteran guy. He wants he wanted it out of Chicago.
Speaker 2: Big ry.
Speaker 1: You're also throwing a blanket statement on the situation, like Cheth Jones. He's even said it since then. He was tired of the but he was tired of the situation in Chicago and all the losing. He might tell you that he was a great, great coach for him wait to get rid of but I mean, you know, look at Taylor Hall. I mean he wanted to be flourishing or not. I I just the one thing I'll say, I hate. You're a tent to your opinion. That's fine. Don't pretend like everybody has the inside knowledge on Kevin Dean and how he is as a coach. Like, don't cherry pick good or bad, what one really good or what like, Let's see how that plays out. It's the same way with but it's the same way when the Canucks trade for like a fourth liner and everybody has that guy figured out. In Pegg, you've barely watched the guy, like, let's relax on that from from.
Speaker 2: The person who feels that it felt that Elias Patterson's contract was a positive.
Speaker 1: It go down as one of the great bargains in Canucks history.
Speaker 2: Absolutely big on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Guy, I brought to you by Bird's Nest Properties. The Vancouver property managers take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Neess Property as a call today six oh four two six zero, ninety nine fifty five or visit birds Deest Properties dot CA. Nobody in ninety four was making eleven six. That's why again, you like that team more than any any player that is you try so, I tried, I tried, didn't work. How about this Rod Brendamore meeting with the media this morning in Carolina. He was asked about the Paul Maurice situation, the handshake, and as far as I know, this is the first time he's commented on and of course we remember this from last week, Maurice going up to him saying something along the lines of, don't participate in the handshake. Let's leave it to the players. We played Maurice's comments after the game where he went on and on about the players thing. Again, every time I see it, I just cringe more. And so this is from Ryan Henkel, who covers the Carolina Hurricanes for the Hockey News. This is Brenda Moore on not or on the whole situation. I've had some pretty impactful moments in that line as a coach going through it, it meant something to me. Then he went on to stay just went along with what Maurice wanted, but said it'll probably go back to doing it. I will say his full answer is quite lengthy, and multiple times he said he understood Paul Maurice's point of view, so he didn't, by any means come across as I don't know what that guy was thinking.
Speaker 2: He said, I understand opinion.
Speaker 1: But he did talk about how the series prior for the Hurricanes. I think it was a series prior when they knocked out the Devils.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He talked about that there was four or five players in that line that he had relationship relationships with that he appreciated the opportunity to have a second to say, you know, great season, heck of the season, all that stuff. So and that we kind of speculated on that well.
Speaker 2: And he I think he obviously respects Paul. He's going to be dealing with Paul Maraye's players in that lineup. I think that's maybe that was the the that's where the decision was made for Rod. So he's shake he can't. I just I just said this last week. I just had a problem with the timing when you bring this up now, like come on.
Speaker 1: That's what Rick said to it. Seemed like he was lecturing, like why is it your place to tell a guy what he can and can't do it?
Speaker 2: And honestly, I can't remember us or anybody really coming down hard from a critical point of view on Paul Maurice. This was real rare.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no doubt. But again, the whole situation, the fact he did it with the lightning, he shook all their hands. But then he goes to Toronto and he talks to Barubay and so he doesn't want to do it. But it's just the whole situation was there's two.
Speaker 2: Guys that don't want to be telling what to do. Did Craig Ubi and Rod Brindamore?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, tough, tough guys. If punched him in the great good for good for I'm going to do it next year. You can't have one coach telling you what to do.
Speaker 1: Good for Rod Well, I'm curious now what happens in the final, Like, no matter what happens, who wins whatever, He'll.
Speaker 2: Say, well, it's different because the season's over. I don't know.
Speaker 1: His whole thing was it's about the men and they're in the battle and all that stuff. We don't need TV time for the coaches. That should just apply all the time, then it should.
Speaker 2: I disagree with him saying he's not in the battle. Coaches are in the battle.
Speaker 1: And that was another point that that Brenda Moore.
Speaker 2: He touched on that physically they're not in the battle. I get that, but you can't tell me that they don't feel they do that. They're part of the competition. They did, They are making decisions I make.
Speaker 3: Coaches have yelled at Brad Marshawan. I mean they get involved too.
Speaker 2: That was the second point you're making decisions. You're thinking about things twenty four hours a day during that series. You are in the battle.
Speaker 1: The second point of the full answer from Brenda Moore, he says, we're not out there on the ice battling, but we're right in there with these guys. So that's my take. And then he says, I think you're titled to whatever one you want. He won, so I kind of went, okay, I'll follow your lead, but I do think it's important to me anyway to show respect to the players.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 1: So again, it was a lengthy.
Speaker 2: Well that's interesting because I think Paul Maurice feels he's showing respect by not taking part in the hand. Jake and Rod feels the other I think, and most of us feel the other way.
Speaker 3: But did Maurice just wake up and say I'm gonna do that the first round?
Speaker 1: He did it exactly.
Speaker 3: That's the part which like, what do you wake up and you want to change the.
Speaker 1: Rules, and like, so, now if they win again, right, he beats knob Block for the second time, Like, are you gonna try and tell Chris Knoblock, who's now going through this loss for the second time, Hey, by the way, don't go to the handshake.
Speaker 2: I know this is devastating for you, real negative moment. You're like, yes, listen to what I have to say. Yes, No, I don't know anyway, Good on, Rod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about this, guys last night Miami. You guys see this attendance the Miami Marlins taking on the Colorado Rockies. So real Barnburner of an MLB five thousand, eight hundred and ninety four was the paid attendance quote unquote for the Marlins game last.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's that many there.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the under on that Avey all day. The Miami Marlins are dead last in terms of teams with a normal size MLB stadium for attendance, because you gotta throw out Sacramento slash Vegas right slash Oakland, and you have to throw out Tampa. They're at Steinberner Field, right.
Speaker 2: Which is the Yankees, the Yankees facility.
Speaker 1: The Marlins apparently up until June the first, are averaging twelve thousand people in attendance, which actually year over years almost bang on for them an attendance figure. I mean, look at how often and by the.
Speaker 2: Way, they're talking about the Colorado Rockies here and who they won.
Speaker 1: The Rockies won, they got their first, the tenth win of the season. They're into double digits. They are rolling now, the Rockies. But this is a fairly new building too. That's the other thing. You know, a lot of people all the building sucks. That's why they're not going to deal when it opened, right, the monument and the monument and the home run monument and the like. How awful does that?
Speaker 2: The saddest part about this not the well, just the visuals. Say the Marlins when they were called the Florida Marlins won a couple of World Series I know, yeah, I knowd and and I think I know after one of them for sure, they blew up the roster, right, I believe it was both times. But like, you know, not exactly doing what fans wanted, what the what their customers wanted. It's awful. Like I look at those two World Series titles and go they just throw those out the door.
Speaker 1: Hey, but Tony, you also can talk about their crosstown rivals, the Tampa Bay Raised All and all have been a pretty successful franchise.
Speaker 2: State. They don't do very well.
Speaker 1: Well, right, and now a lot of people say that drop the trop the trop I get that, so maybe that is completely it. But and who knows their future because it doesn't sound like they want to spend money on the stadium.
Speaker 2: But this is just I mean it's not and it's a big city.
Speaker 3: Is pretty, that's the thing, Miami Florida baseball city.
Speaker 1: No, I know, that's and well famously trading away g and Carlos Stanton, right, who was a bit of a star for them, is going to go. He was gonna go. But I mean that doesn't help you. But five thousand, I mean like embarrassing, it's it is embarrassing. Go back to Montreal or something. I mean, this is just exposed.
Speaker 2: Would do way better?
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, I mean yeah, it's hard to argue. It's just finding the people that build the everything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I was there, I just grabbed the best seats and ship that's that, right, would just grab the at first where the best.
Speaker 2: To do that with the place is packed so great? You bring that up.
Speaker 1: The people that choose to sit in your seats purchased, like what are you doing? Like move five behind, don't.
Speaker 2: Play following the rules and there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: I like, and this happened to me I had tickets when I went to California last summer for my parents and me and my brother. The Jays were in town. We go to Anaheim. There's nobody there because both teams sucked at that point. Our tickets we bought were in like the upper upper deck for like six bucks six bucks. I I told my parents, we're not going anywhere outside of the first the lower deck here.
Speaker 2: Why are we going all the way up there?
Speaker 1: Why there's no look at all the seats available.
Speaker 2: Move, They're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not gonna. And my dad like, my dad was like, we're gonna get thrown out.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be home. You make it sound like he came up with something groundbreaking. Nobody does.
Speaker 1: No, but no, not look look at the photo or not everybody moved to the best seats. They're still sitting in the you know, down the foul line, Like what are you doing? Move behind a plate, get a nice seat.
Speaker 2: Maybe they want to be uh, you know, by themselves in the upper deck, which we've seen at sky okay.
Speaker 3: Upper deck, by the cheapest seat, moving in the most you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I do they still have the hotel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, connected to the hotel they caught those two people.
Speaker 2: They caught the people in the upper deck as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, doing stuff they shouldn't have been doing at a baseball game, rounding home up next.
Speaker 2: Hitting a grand slam.
Speaker 1: The ball was hit up there while that was going on, while they.
Speaker 2: Were and I think he's got the ball.
Speaker 1: Suddenly there's three.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's just move.
Speaker 2: I was quite the maneuver trying to do. Vincekully, it's not working.
Speaker 1: Vin called that, and that would be something was oh my.
Speaker 2: Oh my, that's not a Louisville Schlugger.
Speaker 1: TSN's director's counting. Craig button his necks, Sonny check.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 3: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your cup on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 2: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight, eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot Ca. Tuesday and all of our guests today brought you buyer title, sponsor able auctions able auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 3: Did you watch much of the Memorial cupany oh, yeah, I did, Hugh junior fan. I'm really really disappointed with medicine Hats. But give hey, give him the hunters, give the hunter's credit. London's probably, Donny, the best organization in Canada right now.
Speaker 2: All they ever do is win. They've got the Memorial Cup. Impressive performance by them. But I'm telling you the most oppressive performer in Ramuski Craig Button. He wasn't one hundred percent. The voice was going, and he hung in there for every raport he had to do, every hit he had to do, and he joins us now tsn Scott director back from Ramouski. I take it, Craig, thanks for doing this and I mean this sincerely. How are you.
Speaker 8: I'm good, I'm good, just a little bit of I had a little bit of a sinus congestion and then of course you push your voice.
Speaker 7: But I'm on the end.
Speaker 2: I'm good, good, tough Canadian kid, any question, London is the best team in Canadian junior hockey.
Speaker 8: I don't think so, Medicine Hat, and I think when you beat a team once in a tournament, it's hard to beat him a second time, and medicine Hat found that out. I love what Willie desjard As said postgame, he said, we had one big problem. He goes, that's London's a really good team. I thought Medicine app played very well. But when you make three mistakes that they made in that championship game, and there's not going to be a lot of mistakes made and the other team is ready to take advantage of it, you're gonna have a tough time winning. And I think that's what happened to Medicine Hat. They had some chances, they had some opportunities, but you can't make the line change mistake, the series of.
Speaker 7: Unfortunate errors where the goalie was left.
Speaker 8: Out of stick and then the turnover with the blue line they led to the first three goals, and that's going to hurt you.
Speaker 7: That's going to make it all really difficult to win.
Speaker 8: And you know, to your comment about the London Nights, you know what Mark and Dale Hunter do there is phenomenal with respect to the record, but they developed players too, and you know, we know the history in London, but they continue to develop players and they do it year after year after year. And it's not just first round picks or second round picks. They do it all the way through with respect to their players, and it's it's a great place to go and develop.
Speaker 7: I'll be real quick here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was interesting last year after people were saying Eastern Cowin has nothing to prove by going back to the OHL and anybody that says that has no idea what's going on in London.
Speaker 7: And it's not about prove or anything.
Speaker 8: You got lots to learn before you're in the NHL, and you go back and play for Dale Hunter London, you're gonna learn a lot. And for the Toronto Mayple Leafs, they have a player that's better and better and more more developed.
Speaker 7: Now at this point than he was last year. So you think about that opportunity to go back.
Speaker 8: And play for Dale and play in a winning organization, it helps your development.
Speaker 2: MVP of the tournament Craig, This is a big story here. Victoria Royals who had a very good season. They've lost Cole Reshni and Keaton Verhofft to North Dakota. The rules have changed for NC Double A hockey. Are you worried about the future of the Canadian Hockey League and an exodus to n C Double A Hockey?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, well, I think there's every reason to have concern Donny and Rick.
Speaker 8: You know, Victoria's really good team, really well coached with James Patrick, and you just lost two players to North Dakota. We know that the system has changed with respect ncuble A players or NC double A schools being able to accept HL players. And there's a lot that's still unfolding. There's there, really is, and it's going to take some time to fully understand the implications of it. But you go to you go to junior hockey and you play, and I think there's two things that come to mind. The players realize how hard college hockey is, because I don't think they do.
Speaker 7: I don't think they do.
Speaker 8: And the second thing is, you know, dollar signs in everything. People get dollar signs in their heads. If you're going to be an NHL player, and the dollars will take care of itself, you better find the right place, uh that's right for your development. Keep Verhoff as a seven year old defenseman going to North Dakota, like, that's hard to play NC double A hockey. The other thing is are you ready to be a full time student athlete, because you've got to go and be a student athlete and keep your keep your eligibility alive, and you're playing and so and physically you're playing against much older, much mature players, and with them on the campus, it's really hard. And I think players have these I think there's a number of players that have illusions of grander And this isn't football where they're getting millions of dollars. The dollars aren't significant in hockey. And I'm not going to tell somebody not to take money to go play the nc double.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to do that. But there's some things that the CHL's trying to understand what it means.
Speaker 8: But there was thirty three seventeen to eighty year olds that played the NCAA in this past year. Like it's a it's not a level of competition that's favorable to young players. Rashni and Vierhaffer seventeen and eighteen.
Speaker 3: Well and Tri City Americans too. Right after that, they lost a really good young defenseman. He's going to go in the first round of the draft this year. In the NHL.
Speaker 8: I was told Rick that he hasn't that he hasn't committed anywhere yet.
Speaker 2: That was Pet State. Yeah, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: No, I've heard that that he's going to go for a visit, but he asn't committed to Penn State.
Speaker 7: And I got that.
Speaker 8: I got that straight uh, straight on, straight goods both sides.
Speaker 3: Scary times. Scary time is for the Western Hockey League for sure, no question. Edmonton Florida break this down, Craig.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Who you picking and what do you see happening?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you know, you want a lot of numbers for those two, you know.
Speaker 7: I think I think Edmonton, you know.
Speaker 8: We talked about, you know, growing up against the team that they know and they know what it's going to be like. Losing Zack Hyden is significant. I think for the Emitton Oils, it couldn't have happened at the worst time. But let's put that aside. The best defensive team in the playoffs is the Florida Panthers. The best offensive team in the playoffs is the Adverton Olders. So you have a you have a best off best in that regard, but power play excellent for the Adverton OLA's best penalty kill is the Florida Panthers. I think that Stuart Skinner just has to just play those strikes. He doesn't have to go out there and stand on his head. But he can't play. He can't play below his capabilities. Rick I call them a one B. He's not a one A. He's a one bright and if he if he could just be that one B, he'll be good. If he's anything less than that, their challenges grow. So when you start to think about you know what your chances are to win. I think the third line for the Florida Panthers are a headache for the for the ebitton udance with Lusteride and Lundal and mark Shand if they can handle that line and handle the floor check, then we'll see what can happen. Then Everton has a chance. Ninety seven and Blue down are difference makers.
Speaker 7: Can they make.
Speaker 8: Enup with a difference in hybrid absence to go over the cup?
Speaker 3: Craig, the NHL combine and Buffalo Boy, you know what it is. Every GM's there. You know what they do. They plant seeds for what might or might not happen at the NHL draft. A lot of rumors we're hearing cannuckts. You know, Elie's Peterson's name being popped up in trade rumors, talk about the NHL combine and everything that goes with it, and some of the seeds that are planted for big trades in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: Rick, I think that you.
Speaker 8: I think it's more now about the managers all being together. They're not going to have that opportunity.
Speaker 2: That's a draft, that's it, right. Yeah, and the.
Speaker 8: Agents are there too, so we're talking about trades, free agency. I'm like, don't be surprised when the NHL goes back to its own format of the draft, because it was one of those short sighted decisions. And keep in mind, it was all the managers that didn't. It's not the league, it's the managers, and you know, to be all together to talk to understand.
Speaker 7: Listen, the players are the players. I mean, they're being.
Speaker 8: Put through the paces, they're going to have their interviews. Teams pretty much know what they're going to do. This is no and the physical part of it. Okay, great, you put them through the physical part of it. This is about the agents and the general managers all being together because the draft will not afford them that opportunity. So yes, seeds, seeds are planted, seeds are watered, and now the teams are hoping that that seeds will sprout into something significant for them.
Speaker 2: One more Craig, if you don't mind, I'm concerned about your your voice here, Yeah, Martin.
Speaker 7: Will be concerned. I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll keep it to noon then and okay, I can do it. Marco Rossi, we hear a lot about him in Vancouver Minnesota Wild center had some pretty good numbers last year, and you know there's talking maybe he's a guy that Cannuct should be interested in.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Well, I'm surprised, Donnie he had sixty points last year.
Speaker 7: He's a young.
Speaker 8: Center that's showed that he was a high draft pick. He showed that he can play in the league as I think he's a really good number two. And now you hear all these discussions and talks about him being traded. It feels like it's just a matter of when, not if. It surprises me when a player that age, that showed a real upward trajectory and his play becomes available.
Speaker 7: I think there's lots of teams that should be interested in Marco Rossi. And do I think that the Vancouver Canucks should be intersted. Absolutely, they should be in arrested and again. I'm more puzzled.
Speaker 8: But Minnesota and what they're thinking because they get all the money back to the suitor, not all the money, but just about all the right from the suitor at Breezy buyouts.
Speaker 7: Does I don't they're not cap crutched. I don't get it. I really don't get it.
Speaker 8: But if you're on the other side looking for a second lighted center, make those calls.
Speaker 7: Don't get it.
Speaker 2: Honey and Lemon, thanks for this, Craig Hall, Thanks you guys. Have a great day, Lemon Holls. Thanks Craig. He's dying to get off, as if he has heard every suggestion. I'm Marco Rossi RFA.
Speaker 3: By the way, the problem with Marco Rossi, Donny, is he wants seven times seven. Even if the Canucks acquire him, now you got to overpay him, right so and he's five to nine and your top line center is in six four two twenty so now the Canuck's up in the middle of the will not be very big.
Speaker 2: But by the way, Craig was alluding to the decentralized draft, and hear what he had to say there. He thinks the NHL will go back to the old the old way one of the things that you really enjoy with the NHL draft in the past, I always liked I always remember Burke in ninety nine coming up with the Sedine deal and the general managers talking to each other visually. It was it was a great thing to see. It's gonna go away. I guess for well, its something to do with money and the kids going.
Speaker 3: Up in the first round, the parents getting all excited, the agents that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all good drama. Yeah. I guess it cost it cost a few bucks to get uh, to get everybody there.
Speaker 1: I guess you also don't need twenty five people on the stage. It takes way too long. But what Craig is we went on.
Speaker 3: I love seeing that hours of content, especially now some of these teams like Pittsburgh got nine hundred picks, so you have.
Speaker 1: To see them all these times up and up.
Speaker 2: It just so. I love the whole Sarah, But I think it about.
Speaker 1: The kids, not the owners, kids nephews.
Speaker 3: Hair dresser likes kid kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's funny. I just I don't mind the visual. Years old. Craig has to be quick ten seconds, come on.
Speaker 1: Only have brought this up recently as well, What much like what Craig said that Batman kind of caved in a in a way to be like, Okay, we'll do it your way. It's not gonna work to the owners because the owners really wanted this, and now there's already been regretted.
Speaker 2: The owners wanted to in part because they see what the other leagues are doing as opposed to what's best for their sport. Right influenced by although NBA.
Speaker 1: I would like to see Betman try and pull off a Goodell like hug with some of these prospects that come up on the stage. Yeah Goodell like it's like it's a long lost child he meets me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, massive bear hug. I'd like to see Betman be the commissioner of the NFL when it comes to that that the NBS because some film it looks like he's got some height to them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Goodell's big guy. Yeah as no, he's a small guy.
Speaker 2: You know. The shot of Shack doing the curls with the producer the other day would be it would be like that. Imagine like a little baby. Okay, uh break and then we'll update the pull course. Next do Indel the team check Donnie and Dolly the team is supported by able Auctions dot ca A Closing your business we can help. Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions, to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 2: Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A that's sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca Wadling Dog poll question Visit one of a Christ's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty caps and twenty screens. Here home for the coduction in UFC. Come sit and stay at the dog today. Nick Kyprio's friend of the show Sportsnet back East as Elas Pettison at the top of his most recent trade board, and that led to today's waddling dog poll question.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get her up the waddling dog pop pole question. What will your reaction be if the Canucks keep Peterson a pastor life first, is no move, then kicks in positive or angry? A positive? Sixty two percent, and angry is a thirty eight percent thousand votes already, it's hoping, it's popping. And uh so it's a situation where a little surprise to you. I thought they'd be more angry because of the season he had forty five points. Uh you know the chaos with Miller, the fighting, all the soap opera field.
Speaker 2: Of the Eas' not just on the ice, right, it's off the ice.
Speaker 3: You know, the coach is telling them in the movie feet be in better shape, go home, have a good training. You should never have to tell your elite players that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then then another thing that another item that is prevalent in our Deelaney's okay, taring Langley and all their grove of inbox. You know these reports, these rumors I should say about him not listening to what the Sedins have to say, and especially when it comes to conditioning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just the Sadeen Twins are there for you in the organization, for every player to bounce ideas off. They have great hockey sense. Hey, hey, Hendrick Daniels, you got a minute. I was just told he never warmed up to using those guys in that way. Yeah, he just never warmed up to the Sadeen twins. He just never said, Hey, Henrick, Daniel, you got a minute, I'm having trouble, can you help me here?
Speaker 2: Just never happened.
Speaker 3: I think when he first got here from Sweden, I think the Canucks wanted that, and hey, look a look at these two Swedish superstars. I just didn't think he warmed up to them, see that.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, it's not a law. I get that. It's probably what I don't understand is that if you take a look at what Daniel and Hendrick went through at the beginning of their careers, when they were heavily criticized, when in the eyes of a lot of people, they were underachieving, and also their conditioning was questioned, so was their skating. So what happened. They went out and got better, They got in better shape to the point where now they're retired and they're still doing marathons and multiple grouse grinds a day. It really is impressive how they turn things around and became trophy winners.
Speaker 3: He just he never warmed up to them, and he never has, and I'm supposed I guess Donnie, he never will.
Speaker 2: But it's just it's right there in front of him.
Speaker 3: You know, the Sadine Twins. I know, Maddy Mahultz gets all the credit in the world for Abersburg, and rightfully so, but the Sadine Twins play a massive role in Absburg when they work with the kids. You know, it's a bit. They are two really good additions to Absburgh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again just such a positive in that look where I know they lost yesterday, but they're still up to one in that series. But also what those players look like when they moved up to the NHL level. One of them looked out of place. And everybody, you know, everybody's raving about Victor Mancini. Oh oppressive he's been and he didn't look out a place when he was playing at the NHL level with Vancouver after the trade.
Speaker 3: Absolutely done, you know, but hey, he's his own guy, and he's he drums to a different beat.
Speaker 2: I guess, or beats a different drum. Beats to a different drum, Okay, And something that could help Victor Mancini. A new assistant coach that looks like for the Canucks.
Speaker 3: Yes, you Canucks will announce Kevin Dean as their new assistant coach. Donnie They recruited him hard. Boy, did they work this guy hard. A lot of teams wanted him. It was Luke Richardson and Kevin Dean, the top two guys out there for defensive coaches, and the Canucks got the guy they wanted. Very good coach, good with the young players. It's a really good hire.
Speaker 2: Worked with the Bruins, worked I worked with the Blackhawks, as you say, and it was a player as well. I know. He's from Madison, Wisconsin. He played at the University of New Hampshire and played a three hundred and thirty one NHL game. He played for the Thrashers, the Devils, Blackhawks, and Dallas.
Speaker 3: And you just coached Connor Garland at the World Hockey Championships.
Speaker 2: Back to Abbotsford. They lose last night. Five to two was the score. They're up to one in that American Hockey League Western Conference Final games four and five Wednesday and Friday down in Texas home of the Stars, Cedar Park, Texas. You've got some business. Absolutely look at this.
Speaker 3: Looking for a gift for a sportsman, how about an addition to your man came Pastime Sports the.
Speaker 2: Place to visit.
Speaker 3: Check out the largest selection of sports member Medley autographed items, trading cards and collect games in Western Canada. We got four locations here, Langley, Metrotown, Guilford Mall and Capillata Mall in North ben If you can't visit them in store, you can shop their massive collection online at pastime sports dot Ca. Follow them on Facebook and x for the latest info on car drops and in store signings.
Speaker 2: Lap Top.
Speaker 1: If you missed yesterday's show.
Speaker 2: That the card of the day is Nick Hebler.
Speaker 3: I don't mind this. That's my good guy, good pal, Nick Kebler.
Speaker 1: And why don't they change?
Speaker 2: Why I forgot? I'll be honest, Well, you know what, they still work, Nick Kebler. I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: Keler. Uh, you can keep Hebler up. That's my good pal, Ni Kepler. You wish to merry Christmas to my house? He's pound a crown with me. He's a good guy. Uh, you've seen him at my place. Nick's a good guy. My favorite BC line of all time. Keep him up there all week Lions Saturday Snoop in the house snoop.
Speaker 2: Maybe Nick will be there.
Speaker 3: Gin and uh, what's your song?
Speaker 2: And juice?
Speaker 3: Gin and juice? Yeah, I can't wait to hear that.
Speaker 1: That was creative that they're going to be serving their outside juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, outside you sound you sound pretty Jackavie.
Speaker 3: What do you want me to do? I don't like gen I don't like his music. I don't like gin and juice.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked him about this roof being opened, because there might have be a bit of a haze for game time with Snoop in the house.
Speaker 2: Well, if you know anything about that subject, you might want the roof closed. Okay.
Speaker 3: If there's a ton of cheating chong stuff there and the lines, you're out play a game.
Speaker 2: That's that's yeah.
Speaker 3: You Why can't be playing laid back sniffing cheating chong stuff and smelling it?
Speaker 2: They're to slow. They're doing Vin Scully again. They're also slow straight DTMs NEX, Donny Delay the team on check. Love the crack of a baseball bat or the of hot dogs? The Vancouver Canadians have you covered.
Speaker 3: Come enjoy a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, fireworks, and blue Jay prospects, all at the iconic Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 2: Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets. Into tails on all the summer fun the Seas have to offer. That's Canadians Baseball dot com.
Speaker 3: Come for the fun and stay for the baseball. It's eleven thirty four on a Tuesday morning, Donnie Doli on check TV. Now time for DTMC brought to you by the world famous Wister Golf Club.
Speaker 2: Go see big l out there, Great track, Great Track. DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design Whister Golf Club. Reminding everyone, Tea times can be booked online now for any time during twenty twenty five. And if you've got a group of twelve or more, ask us about our Donnie and Dolly Midweek group specials at Wistergolf dot Com Forward slash Groups. This is Hudson's Bay done O, Canada's oldest company, has closed all of its stores as of Sunday, resulting in over eighty three hundred lost jobs. That's the saddest part. Meanwhile, last month, Canadian Tire did you hear this? No I announced that it was purchasing Hudson's Bay's Hudson's Bay's intellectual property for thirty shmill name logo, the iconic multicolored stripes. Unable to pay its bills, the Bay filed for creditor protection in early March and soon began liquidate, liquidating its stores. Canadian Tire will now get the Bay's full property portfolio, including the centuries old retailer's name, the coat of arms, logos and designs. It was the winning bid out of seventeen seventeen entities competed for that. It allows Canadian Tire to lean into nostalgia and for Canadians to keep their emotional tie to the three hundred and fifty five year old company.
Speaker 3: So you're still I can now buy sweaters at Canadian Tech.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want. Imagine the blankets and the towels. O that stopped. Stop that that that sort of thing. You know what, man, my wife and I saw this coming years ago. We went in to buy some whatever, looking for patty of furniture. Let's go into the bank the Bay. The salesman, basically this was in Surrey, Ryan out near where you are. Gilford just basically said, you know what do you want to pay for it? Like I was like, and you know me, I mean that was eye opening the deal. So the bottom line is they were just basically giving this stuff away and you go in there. The last few years.
Speaker 3: The Bay, it's sad, it's hears still live.
Speaker 2: I can't answer that. You know, you know what I is not alive. But I think Eaton's is still doing. The Bay they're gone, They're all gone. Woodwards Woodwards was.
Speaker 3: The best six NLF sixth Street in New West. Oh my goodness. That's where we got our Beecy Lines tickets from. But anyways, Army Navy, I think Army Navy is still alive. Uh the one in Columbia Street in New West, Well.
Speaker 2: You know, cause you don't. You don't really have any I'll go to.
Speaker 3: New West once in a while. Beautiful place, my old stomping grounds.
Speaker 1: Canadian We've talked about it. Canadian Tire is an amazing store. I going there. You have to pry me out. I love just going up and down the aiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah there is. I needed a specific tool to fix a lawn. More looked all over found Canadian.
Speaker 1: Well that's where young Ryan used to buy his hockey sticks for road hockey.
Speaker 3: Yeah that even in the eighties, we bought our hockey sticks for Canadian Tire.
Speaker 2: You were Albert, Albert.
Speaker 3: Let's listen Canadian tire. They had good hockey stuff back in the day.
Speaker 2: And you walk in in that tire smell, oh yeah, unmistakable. Yes. Oh.
Speaker 3: And now they got a dog section. I go for the dog, I get my pet food. No, I get my treats for the dog.
Speaker 1: There a Canadian tire.
Speaker 2: He then got a dog section, a whole aisle for a long day, have everything there. They got the dog cats in one aisle, the food, the food, no dog cats, the.
Speaker 3: Poop bags every day. It's all a Canadian tire. Are they a sponsor?
Speaker 2: We just came ahead of What do you Do game? A hell of a commercial. It's going to birthdays seven birthdays on this June third line set at five by barking up the right tree Lumberyard and Casino at poos Coopy, BC, and we thank them for their support. Look at this, here we go. Former New West Bruins defenseman from East Vancouver played minor hockey with the Peenie Organization. Very back, there you go, very back. MVP seventy seven Memorial Cup. Left handed tennis superstar from Spain has won twenty two.
Speaker 3: It's no no Spain, Yvonne Lendel Raphael.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, politician born and raised in Calgary, leader of Canada's Conservative Party. It's twenty twenty two, pure American broadcast journalist for CNN, also a correspondent for sixty Minutes. And it's a Cooper. Yes, I didn't get to the Gloria Vanderbilt built.
Speaker 1: Sixty Minutes is a great watch.
Speaker 2: Oh it really is. And you know what, just they're editing at so old school. It's so fit good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's very good. Late creator of the Dating Game and the Newlywed Game, Chuck will Willie Well, you got the Chuck part right, Chuck, Host and producer of the Gong Show, Oh Gon Show. Chuck starts with the bat Barker. No, Chuck Rucker. That'd be a good name, Chuck Barker. Remember Sam Rockwell played him in that movie Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
Speaker 3: Will you give me the initials?
Speaker 2: Chuck Barris, Chuck, but Chuck Barris Parris you know him to see him or okay? And he's passed away. Singer and actress from Detroit, Rick, come on here. She played Leather Tuscadero. Oh Penny, a pinky Tuescadaro in Happy Days. This is I think the sister. No, this was pinky Tescadaro.
Speaker 3: This is leather, Tuscadero, leather. There's pinky and leather. I only knew pinky. I don't know leather, so I'm gonna have tough.
Speaker 2: Can you click that?
Speaker 3: No, pinky Tuscadara. Everybody knows pinky.
Speaker 2: Suzi Quattro. Yeah, Okay, there you go. Canadian singer songwriter, This is again your wheelhouse for Rick Well maybe not a little early. Scored a number one hit in nineteen seventy seven Canadian with Sometimes when we touch, there's no ring a bell.
Speaker 3: You're walking up a hill. Steve Hill, Dan Hill, Daniel, Steve Hill in the neighborhood, peeky leather, Steve Hill, We're good?
Speaker 2: Is it just me? Is coming up? Alanis Morissett meanwhile, born fifty one years ago, Sunday and she's gonna play us out from October nineteen ninety five in the album Jagged Little Bill and Hand in My Pocket on check playing the best of the Great White North on a BC Tuesday Morning. I'm broke, but I'm happy. I'm poor but I'm kind, I'm sure, but I'm health. See it's Outlander plug in hybrid electric Vehicle days at Surrey Mitsubishi.
Speaker 3: This month get up to eighty five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive suv, the Outlander plug in Hybrid.
Speaker 2: The Outlander plug In Hybrid is whisper quiet, fuel efficient, lets you drive electric or gast and can fit seven passengers in three rows of seed.
Speaker 3: Cruz pass traffic in HOV lanes even when driving solo, and again save up to eighty five hundred.
Speaker 2: Visit Surrey Mitsubishi at one three eight to two oh one hundred and fourth Avenue in Surrey. Are online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA. A offer ends May thirty first. Is it just me? Rick? Do the honors all right?
Speaker 3: Justin and Princeton?
Speaker 2: Is it just me or little to know?
Speaker 3: Canadian born players on the Cannocks roster has real traction. Look at Edmonton fourteen Red and White Boys, Canucks management, wake up, Free agency starts on Canada to day. For a reason, Justin and Princeton wants more Canadians on the Canucks roster, and he's got a lot of people that agree with him, and you're one of them. Absolutely two is too low, perfect.
Speaker 2: World to think of us all being Canadian. We like to see that. But oh yeah, whatever works works.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: This is from Dwight? Is it just me? But with Snoop Dogg playing before the Lions home opener, it would be a really good idea. Actually to close the roof for the concession sales would triple good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, but I'm with Rick.
Speaker 1: I'm a little concerned about the Lions about Yeah, they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have fan I mean fans to blow out the smoke.
Speaker 3: What do you got, Well, Rick doesn't want to trade DEMKO. He doesn't want to trade EP forty, doesn't want to trade the first round pick, doesn't want to trade DPD. Thank god he's not the GM. We'd be aiming for ninth place every ten years for the next ten years. Arvind and Surrey, I never said.
Speaker 2: That that maybe they get it, Maybe the Cocks will get a first overall pick.
Speaker 3: Arvin needs to wake up. I didn't say not trade these guys. I said it's gonna be tough. You're not gonna get much in return.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, but I gotta I gotta say, Rick, I think people are do not believe you when it comes to you talking about us being a hometown unsigned. Is it just mean this isn't the only one. Rick needs to get out more Army and and news has been closed for years.
Speaker 3: Okay. I had a buddy tell me it's still there. It was a go to place in the sixties, seventies and eighties, and there was a guess what there was an army Navy on a main and the forty ninth or something.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Hastings too, Yeah, Hastings too. Yeah, Hastings had the wife save the arms. Oh.
Speaker 3: It was a go to place in the eighties, a Columbia Street, Army Navy. It's not there anymore. If it's not there, I rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Every time we bring up Ryan, am I right time we bring up some New West stories.
Speaker 3: I know where Queen's Park is. I know where mugs and jugs used to be. I know where the old spaghetti factory is. I know where all the liquor stores are in New West. I just forgot about important Tubby. Yeah, yeah, but he got the wise Harry Neil once said, no one's going to trade your forty goal scorer. You got to make your own. I'm sure this applies to eighty and one hundred point centers trade EP forty Robin Poco. First of all, Harry Neil was a quote machine and you know that gone. He was the best interview and when he did Hockey Night in Canada, there was nobody better.
Speaker 2: Although he did yell at me once, Harry Neil, Yeah, tell us I need the story. It was when Bill a Forge got fired and Harry had Harry fired him and and he took over his coach again. Yeah, he didn't like some question. I asked. There you go, little Donnie. We've all been yelled at. Yeah, Jeeves from Surrey? Is it just me drum to their own beat? Is that a band name beat to their own drum? You know what I mean? In the neighborhood. Think about it, Derek, put it down. If you want, what do you got?
Speaker 3: If ROSSI I like him, but two top centers would be small, would be a bold moose Scott and maple Ridge.
Speaker 2: What I said?
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, y'all love Marco ROSSI, God bless you. He's five to nine. Your other center in the top six is not six four two twenty. You can't wear to Patterson. Don stop it. You can't wear teams down with two skinny top two centers.
Speaker 2: Don David Cedar David's rather finally, my voice is changing. Is it just me that thinks the Canucks should should sign Steve Hill and Chuck Barker for their top six? Dave listening, listening closely, Yes he is.
Speaker 3: Hey, you guys talk about Pod Colson like he's a huge difference maker. He was tenth overall twenty six goals in Vancouver. His lack of development is the reason that Canucks don't have a great top six new s Nick, I agree with you, but here's the problem. If Pod Colson Donnie was a fifth round pick, no one would have bitched about him. But he was a tenthal rong pick. That's why. That's why he got traded because he could not produce as a tent to roll pick. But he's a good fourth line guy. I wonder if we had a poll, Yeah, did.
Speaker 2: You believe the Canucks made a mistake in trading for sillipid Colson for a fourth rounder?
Speaker 3: In that? Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, he clearly isn't somebody who's going to get forty kils right, No, but can he be valuable bottom six? And he's played some with dry Sidle as well, Yeah, and McDavid, and he hasn't he hasn't looked at a place. He hustles. He's not what they expected him to be, but could he still be something decent?
Speaker 3: In the bottom set, he found a NISI in Evington. He's in the Stanley Cup Finals. Easier to do there at Troy from Richmond Raven about him, saying he's the hardest worker he's ever met in his life.
Speaker 2: Break will wrap up the show in the poll question next Donnie Dolly the team on check. The Waddling Dog Pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's favorite watering holes. With twenty TV's twenty local and domestic taps and over two hundred seats, the Waddling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style for ans and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal. There are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at the wattling.
Speaker 3: Dog dog, Paul Rick, all right, get her up the wattling dog, pop Paul.
Speaker 2: Question and here we go. What will your reaction be? It?
Speaker 3: The Canucks keep Ellis Petterson past your life first? And that's when his no move kicks in positive or angry, and right now leading positive at sixty percent angry, almost twelve hundred votes, the top of the spot.
Speaker 2: But on a Tuesday morning, and again we remind people Nick Kyprios's latest trade board out this week. At the top of it, Elias Petterson al in terms of players who might be traded. Oh yeah, he's He's on a lot of people list. Do you have photos today? I never know if you have photo.
Speaker 3: We're going overseas. We're going overseas, Ryan, get her up, Saint Andrews today, you can't beat this. Didn't attempt to golf as winds were fifty miles an hour.
Speaker 1: A picture, right, I don't have this.
Speaker 3: I just emailed it to you. Oh, Darren just only sent it to me. Okay, yeah, I got this, Okay.
Speaker 2: St Andrews.
Speaker 1: I've been here, I've been look at this, What a beautiful picture.
Speaker 3: Didn't attempt the golf winds for fifty miles an hour, would have likely had to shoot a two hundred if because of the winds. Hey, look at this guy's green fees. Three hundred pounds nearly six hundred Canadian. This is Darren and he says, go ab you go with the Canucks. But what a beautiful picture of Darren Jelous at St Andrews. Look at that just up the road from Edinburgh. I've been there and like that, like there was the picture. The course like almost goes like literally.
Speaker 1: Right into the town, like you're right in a shop and right there is the golf course. So they have a little part three course attached to it. I played the Part three course. Did play the big one?
Speaker 2: Do you have to win a lot of to play it? No? I think you could just buy yeah, for the day, for the day, I mean, oh yeah that I don't know. I don't know if I have friends have played, I'll check that out. Any other pictures three hundred pounds, Wow, we got one more? Okay, this is our good pound goose.
Speaker 1: He's at the Giant he's at the Nova Scotia Giant Lobster and so he's got he said this two photos. This first one is uh oh, hold on, I just closed it. The first one is him getting eaten by the lobster. So there's goose inside the lobster. Talent is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Talent? Claw claw go claw? Okay.
Speaker 1: And this is the second one, boom of him posing at the Nova Scotia Giant Lobster local landmark, Canadian landmark.
Speaker 2: Awesome all over Canada. We appreciate that goose.
Speaker 1: Good guy.
Speaker 2: Lobster can't do it, can't eat it. No, I'm with you, nor the giant bug. I just I can't.
Speaker 1: Derek when crabbing over the weekend, Yeah, he ate it, ate up the crabs. It's the same thing like Derek posted a video of him with the crabs in the pot first of all Beta online.
Speaker 2: One second.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just you go through all the work, like Derek went, got them all this work he borrows and it's like this much meat.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but and then like don't you have like those special tools come on, like you need a thing for a knife like plyers.
Speaker 1: And then on top of it, You've brought this point up a chainsaw. This is so amazing, This is so good. Then why do you ever dump it in butter?
Speaker 2: Butter and garlic?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I remember the first time I had s car go and my brother made me. We went off for a restaurant. Butter, garlic and some.
Speaker 3: Bread like, not a seafood guide, not a steak and potatoes.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Why is that not surprising what you got?
Speaker 3: I shout out to Bernie Zezy Tops in Colowna tonight, Donny zz Top Eliminator legs, Oh, best video of all time legs. Anyways, Uh, Bernie and the boys going to see as Easy Top tonight.
Speaker 2: All the best to Bernie and the boys. No, No, here's you going with his white story? I got that mixed up, Bernie and his wife all the chatting Burnaby? Is it just me? But if the Lions do keep their roof closed, I'm sure the score will be high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm concerned about that. There's going to be a lot of cheating and chong stuff. Fifty four thousand people Snoop dogg.
Speaker 2: He loves it.
Speaker 3: It could be it could be up there.
Speaker 2: Why concerned? It's legal?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? I don't want to be in a stadium where there's nothing but smell.
Speaker 2: Joy and listen. That would be That would be I would pay to see that. My Cheech and Chong days are over. We're good. Thanks for tuning in, folks. Game one the stand like a final Tomorrow will look ahead to it on tomorrow's show. I want to get that Leon Dreys Siddle clip in about the Cannucks series last year. We did that on tomorrow show. I'll be off of Ryan Derek Rick. Everybody here at Oh Boy and check. I'm done and you're up to day. In the world of sports, m