Speaker 1: Fifty five car CD Talk Dation Boy, big smile on my face when I came in and check the rundown of guests here on the fifty five CARC Morning Show. Welcome back, and it's always great to have you in studio. Former Congressman now private citizen brad Winstroup. Good to be with you, Brian. As always I look forward to these little chats we have. I do too. It's great to have the exchange of thoughts and ideas, and it's nice to know you're doing an empower You seminar. This one's tomorrow night, Wednesday night. Not a normal night for empower You, they're usually Tuesdays and Thursdays, but empower You America dot org. Just by way of upcoming guests, the Insight Scoop with Bright Barton News editor in Chief Alex Marlowe. He's doing an empower You media's presentation tonight. We'll talk to them a little bit about that. It's the establishment media has destroyed itself and can't stop smiling. So log in for that one and tomorrow night, congress or former Congressman Winstrip, doctor still doctor Winstrip. We'll be discussing and providing what lessons. What are the lessons learned from the pandemic. He's the former chairman of the SLUX Subcommittee on Coronavirus Pandemic, so he's going to be going all through all that Tomorrow night, seven pm. Show up. I think in person at Scarlett Oaks three hundred Great Oaks Drive for the in person presentation, or log in from the comfort of your own home right there. Just register online, empower Youoamerica dot org. Congressrom WEINSTROM. I just got done. Tell me my listeners about the executive order Donald Trump sign yesterday ordering new limitations on the well gain of function research that was done at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. And we all know what tragedy came from that. I don't understand why that type of research is done in the first instance, and he can't stop it from happening. I mean that we no longer funded well. First off, that we ever funded it to me is just batcrap and saying no pun intended. Yes, that we funded it, notably in China. That's what's insult to injury on that one. That's well put.
Speaker 2: It's really amazing that it happened that way, but you have a group of people that aren't really concerned as much about the positive possible negative effects as much as it is this is science, and we're scientists, and we like doing this because we can. You know, it's almost kind of godlike, but in a perverse way. Mango Wilike. Yeah, it really is. And you know, look, gain of function. Let's be clear on one thing. If you can do gain of function research to make an antibiotic more effective against bacteria or something like that, that's great. But when you're doing gain of function research to create something that's more harmful to a human being potentially because it might happen in nature, that was the premise twenty ten, twenty eleven Fauci Collins. You know, they're run the government wing of our research, and they just think this is the greatest idea. But even in twenty twelve out she was asked, well, aren't you concerned about getting out of the lab and creating a pandemic, and he said, I think the benefits outweigh the risk.
Speaker 1: Kennedy, you secretary.
Speaker 2: Of Kennedy did a good job in the press conference yesterday of summing that up, where he said, you know the premise of this gain of function research, which I've been talking about since I found out about it when COVID started, is to be able to predict a virus that may come about that could affect humans. But guess what, will have a vaccine ready because we've created it in the lab, not out there in nature, not out there infecting people. But as Kennedy said yesterday, no lab BSL four, which is the most restrictive, it doesn't matter. No lab is immune from leaks. And he said that yesterday, and I think that's an important point to make. So why would we do this at all at this point in time. Well, by the way understanding nature and understanding the anatomy of viruses, AI can predict it.
Speaker 1: Well, fine on all that, And I don't disagree with you in iota on your point, but I'm sorry, in a world with scarce resources, in a world with diseases that run them up killing people cancer, for example, we've been paying money into funds and organizations and trying to get funding research to fight cancer for decades and decades and decades still with no home run solution, which is one of the reasons I work for the cures or do the charitable work for the cure starts now they're trying to do that. This is putting money into a man created virus that hasn't happened yet naturally, so that you can create a vaccine to prevent it or unring the bell if it does actually get created in nature somewhere sometime down the road. So you're trying to to find a cure for something that doesn't exist when we've got diseases that exist right now that we have no cure for. I mean, that's just absolutely stupid. And this is another thing. They did research to come up with nerve gas, mustard gas, things of that. They did chemical research. They they created weaponized viruses and agents and they tested them on I know the Nazis test them on human beings, but of course tested them on animals in the lab. Why for use for military purposes, so you can kill your enemy. See that to me is the sort of domino following the logical reason why you would be doing this so you can unleash it on your foe. I mean, you're doing on this level, this biological level. You can create a virus that can attack certain DNA type structures like so if you want to kill all the black people, you want to kill all the white people, you want to kill this certain ethnicity. You got DNA and they could target it to a particular type of DNA with this time.
Speaker 2: And that was our problem with you know, the things that were like, oh, find out your ancestry, Well, China's getting all your DNA information exactly, you know. But yesterday's press conference was very good. I mean, we're really cleaning house and having good logical people in place right now that can make a difference. As Jay Bodachario now, the head of NIH that took Francis Collins place, that gain a function does not protect us, It only endangers us, exactly, and that is exactly right now.
Speaker 1: I will tell you.
Speaker 2: In February of twenty twenty is when I was doing research on COVID itself, when everybody was in lockdown, you know, we came across this article that showed Ralph Berrick in North Carolina's English and China creating new viruses that showed that they can work like legos and take this part of one virus and this part of another back backbone put it on there. And then the most dangerous thing that they were doing, and we were paying for it is putting fur and cleavage sites on there. The fur and cleavage site is one of the things that makes the virus way more infectious to the human respiratory system.
Speaker 1: And we were doing it.
Speaker 2: And we're in a place now where any of this stuff, the public, the government, we can say no. The regulatory reform that was put in place yesterday was music to my ears and a fight that we were having that was being ignored by the previous administration, and all of these details in facts. I was thrilled to see that the Trump administration, the White House put out basically our report that we spent two years working on, backed up by previous investigations in the previous two and three years. They put it out said we believe it came from the lab. The CIA, even under the Biden appointee. Burns came out at the end and said, looks like a lab leak. It's basically for those of us who have been investigating it and have the intelligence too. Remember our report is unclassified, but if you look at the intelligence component two, how can you not say it likely came from the lab. There's been no evidence of nature. We got to move on protect ourselves. Do better in the future, and certainly do whatever we can to make sure that we aren't funding our adversary work in this arena.
Speaker 1: And we go back to the point you we aren't funding it now, as reprehensible as it is that we actually funded in the first instance. Acknowledging all the points you just made and the realities we experienced with their GAINA function research with the leak, we can't stop this research from being done in other countries that we are no longer funding, it doesn't mean it's not still going on. Much like the Mustard gas point I made earlier militarization weaponization, that that might be that work might be ongoing elsewhere. I mean, Iran could have a lab doing this type of research right now. We don't know that, and if we did know about it, we couldn't stop it from happening.
Speaker 2: Well, interesting that in their regulations or the executive order, I should say, they put out President Trump specifically named China and and Iran. You know, COVID was preventable, and I was glad to hear. My friend Marty McCarey, who I worked with closely through the whole COVID investigation, even before the committee was formed. You know, he summed it up yesterday said COVID was preventable, and it was created by technology exported from the United States to Wuhan. Unbelievable. Our technology given to China for the purposes of altering this to make it more infectious for human beings with no oversight. And that's the other thing that's in the executive Order is if we're doing anything in a foreign lab, especially that of an adversary, we're going to have tremendous oversight. You know, if you're if we're going to do research on a new type of bone graph for severe fred something with an adversary, Hell Nation, that's fine, but let's have oversight over that too.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, we'll stick around. We got a whole hour this seven o'clock hour with former Congressman brad winstrip Or to pause right now, let me opportunity, give me an opportunity to mention Emory Federal Credit Union. Something you can plan for the annual shred event. Put it that on your calendar. Saturday, June seventh, between ninety m and one pm. Collect all of your documents. Everybody is welcome, so unnecessary personal confidential documents. Bring them into Emory Federal Credit Union's locations, one of the three. Shredding protects your personal information but gives you a peace of mind knowing your documents are safely destroyed and they will thoroughly destroy them. So whatever you got, bring it on into Emory one of the three locations. Find out where they are. It's blue Ash Liberty Township at Western Hills. Get the addresses and information by going to EMORYFCU dot org for all the details. Better way to bank. And this is just one of the things that they're doing on behalf or for the community's benefit. It's what they're all about. EMORYFCU dot org totally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: I've had this receiving Heroin. Here's a channel nine first one to wether Horcask got a cloudy day to day rain north of the Ohio River possible and I think was ongoing current earlier sixty six for the high, overnight, clouds in the lower fifty Tomorrow, mostly cloudy with just a slight chance of afternoon rain. Seventy two for the high down to fifty three overnight with clouds and a cloudy Thursday Highest seventy five fifty right now traffic.
Speaker 3: Night from the UCLP Trampling Center. When it comes to stroke company second counts. That's why you see health is the clear choice for a wrap up by saving treatment. Learn more at u see health dot com. Stuth Fend seventy five continues to build through Walkland Ay, as does North Bend seventy five out of Erlwinger into downtown South Bend two seventy five break rights below the Lawrence perk Ran then a wreck on Paddock in seventy five Chuck King Ramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Kishi seven twenty fifty five KRCD talk station. By the time it's we former Congressman brad Winstrip, doctor brad winsterp who again is going to empower you some of our tomorrow night beginning at seven pm on what are the lessons learned from the pandemic? And Brad yesterday you were very happy to see one other component. Not only will we not be funding gain a function research out there in the world, but we learned something from the pandemic. I think we learned a lot of lessons from the pandemic. Met a whole lot. I mean, there was some good that came out of it, like telehealth, for example. I love the idea of being able to get your doctor on the horn and you know, do just a talk to him or a zoom conference type of thing. You don't have to drive in getting your appointment and drive in to see him. You know, they made life a little bit easier. But something that we learn and it's a hard lesson to have to deal with that we don't make anything anymore. And I know that's a broad brush stroke. We still make some stuff, but we don't make the vast majority of our pharmaceuticals come from China.
Speaker 2: Referred all that out over the years, and we got rid of our generic manufacturing plants. I know that Mark Cuban's going to try and reinstitute one in Texas. And there is another one that came forth during the first Trump administration recognizing this problem. And even in the executive order yesterday, President Trump talked about how they recognized the problem we have, the national security risk, the.
Speaker 1: Health wish to a secure Aerica.
Speaker 2: There was a book written called China RX, and if you really want to get scared about it, go ahead and read that you know about twenty years ago, fifteen twenty years ago, there was a situation where we had tainted hepron that came from China. Oh yeah, at about two hundred and fifty people died and so the people was sitting out in the sun. And yeah, the opportunity for sabotage, et cetera is huge anytime China decides to do it. I mean, the FDA, especially during COVID, is not over in China inspecting their labs to make sure that they're doing everything right. That's one of the things that Marty McCarey brought up yesterday that the FDA. You know, they do surprise visits in the United States, right, they just show up and say, we're going to make sure you're doing everything right inside of your lab. But what they're going to start doing is surprise visits in China. Those have been scheduled. You know, it could be a dog and pony show. You know, it's the same thing for hospitals. We always knew when when the hospitals were being inspected where the Joint Commission was coming in. Well, now it's surprise visits, so you better be ready all the time.
Speaker 1: And that's how it should be ending like drug testing for employment by any reasons. You know, they never tell you in advance when they're going to do it. So you got to sit on the edge of your seat. Well, and for good reason, right right, right, Well, we're going to test your blog. You're you're in the fifteenth of next month. Thanks appreciate your heads up.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we got to get onto the path of US production, and we got to be smart about it. If you'd have told me when I was in Iraq that my protective equipment as a surgeon and my pharmaceuticals relied on China, I'd say, how did we get here? And I had a bill during the last term that unfortunately never really moved, but said let's at least make our battlefield medicines one hundred percent domestic. Maybe maybe the other side of the aisle would pay attention to that, because otherwise it was just being ignored the fact that we have this problem. I would tell you the military, who I'm surprised to ever let this happen. I was working when I was still in uniform with the Defense Logistics Medical Supply Chain Council, recognizing the drugs we need, where we get them all the way down to the active pharmaceutical ingredients, and that was being controlled by China. And so that's a problem that we have. But even the things that we make. I'm Puerto Rico, for example, large on medical supplies, et cetera. Sailing they had, yeah, two hurricanes, got no, we couldn't get saline. And so those are the things we have to recognize, not only make them domestically, but have them made in more than one place within our own confines, or at the very least work with the trusted allies on these types of things, minerals that we may need. You know, we have the same situation with batteries.
Speaker 1: Oh you know.
Speaker 2: You know I could never promote, for example, putting getting using federal grants to put power charging stations.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I had one community said, we need charging stations so tourists coming through here can charge their cars. I said, these are people whose ability to transport themselves relies on China, whether they like it or not, because that battery is made by Chinese or the components. Now we're going to assemble batteries here. That's that's different. I'm move in the right direction, but it's not the same same with the same with the generic medications. So this order puts us on the line to domestic production of critical medicines, something I've been promoting for some time, and it's great to have some common sense people in the administration that are pushing towards making these things happen. In a lot of these cases, Congress has to cooperate, and Congress has to make these things possible too, if nothing else, you know, if something was just an executive order or regulation, it seems.
Speaker 1: That the.
Speaker 2: Same entity or agency that's now under the guidance of the Trump administration can make these changes in the other direction.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess boiled down, the reason all of this ended up in China is simply a question of production cost. Yes, that's the only reason. Yes, we don't lack the specific components that go into any given pharmaceutical. We just don't want to manufacture here because it's more expensive.
Speaker 2: There's so many dangers out there. I mean, I can remember when I was a resident in Chicago, there was a Walgreens up the street from me that was selling tile and all okay, they came for the manufacturer, but was laced with cyanide, and people were dying. Oh I remember that. Yeah, do you remember that? You might have still been in Chicago at the time about all of the changes to packaging and lid's. You know, everything's got to cover on.
Speaker 1: It is sealed with the plastics, so you know if it's been opened or not exactly. We'll continue with Citizen brad Winstrip pause from moment and me recommend right now that you get into twenty two three Firearms Rout forty two between Mason and Lebanon where moms get free shooting over the weekend. Mother's Day weekend, moms shoot for free with another shooter on the range with them. It's a great opportunity to bring your mom, spend some time with her. Maybe she doesn't own a firearm and you're worried about mom not being able to protect herself. The Great Equalizer. They have an amazing selection of firearms at twenty two three and rough forty two between Mason, Lebanon and two stellar people run it at Wendy and Jeff. They're outstanding people. You will love when you talk to them. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi, their staff there is knowledgeable at everything that they do. They have training classes of all levels and of course the cleanest, safest indoor range you're ever going to find. It's got everything when it comes to a firearm and indoor range store. We were in the best possible hands when you're go into twenty two three, So let mom shoot for free over the weekend twenty two three dot com the number twenty two five by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com fifty five KRC. The talk station John and I says this about the weather, got cloudy skies today, rain north of the Ohio River, certainly a possibility sixty six for a high and they stood maybe raining right now in your neighborhood. Overnight clouds in the low of fifty Tomorrow, clouds a slight chance to rain in the afternoon seventy two for the high. Overnight clouds fifty three and partly forty Thursday, and the highest seventy five fifty right now. Traffic time.
Speaker 3: From the UCU Traumphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you See Health is the clear choice for a rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 4: Marnmore, You see health dot com.
Speaker 3: Southbound seventy five continues slow through Westchester wet roads, then through Walkland northbound seventy five, break rights out of ourline or into downtown westbound two seventy five. Moving a bit slow on Milford George Board's corner thanks to some rain. Chuck Ingramont fifty five K seed the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty here for the five kir CV talk station. Happy Tuesday. Former Congressman Brad Winster. It's still doctor Bradwinster in studio going through the issues with the Congressman. He's gonna be doing an empower you seminar tomorrow night about the what we learned from the pandemic, So hearing what he has to say. He was chairman of the Select Subcommitee on coronavirus pandemic, so he has been up and down the road with all the documents and information. So since we dealt with that topic, let's move on to well help out student loans. Taking a move away from things medical. Donald Trump's put his foot down and says, no, you're gonna have to pay your loan off. And I have no fault, no problem with that. I mean, I'm sorry that you got a degree in college that didn't provide you a vehicle for employment. You know, you make informed the choices when you're going to college and you're taking your getting you know, one hundred thousand dollars maybe or more in debt for a I don't know, community service degree or something like that. There's just a if the degree in providetity value. I think this just stream of thought here, stream of consciousness here. You know, I think colleges should have a fiduciary obligation when someone gets admitted to school for any given degree, to sit them down and talk about the employment opportunities that may or may not be available to them when they get their art degree. You know, yep, I mean, I'm sorry. There are only like two job openings at Southabes every year and that's about all you're going to be able to get with an art degree. Well, you know, for the last fifty or sixty years. I'd say.
Speaker 2: Not so much in the in the Trump era for sure, but before that, we really as a nation, we're saying in essence subtly that if you don't get a college degree, that's somehow you've failed. Well, that's not the American dream. The American dream is being able to put a roof over your head and being able to pay for that room and to feed your family. But here's the interesting thing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics. I recently found that the unemployment rate for recent associate degree community college hilarious and vocational in their twenties was two point one percent, So they were being employed, compared to fifteen point three for four year college grads and eight point four percent for advanced degree recipients.
Speaker 1: Mean that's the unemployment rate. Yes, so, But you know, I find it interesting because you and I had the same statistics. I saw the Wall Street Journals into the Free College launch op ed piece was brought those statistics up, and I thought to myself, Oh, you got it as well. Unemployment, Now, that doesn't speak to what area of employment these degreed folks are working in. You could have a master's degree in naval contemplation and you're working as a barista at Starbucks. You are employed or open or uber? Yeah, I mean, I mean again, I would love to see the boil down, like, Okay, does employment mean in the field of study you engaged in.
Speaker 2: While at college? I would love to see that figure. And I have nothing against those jobs you mentioned. No, no, no, you don't need that expensive degree to be able to degree. And I always said this too. When I'm talking to college presidents. They wanted to tell me how many people graduated each year. They have a really high graduation rate. I said, tell me what they're doing five years from now, and I will say at some of the colleges they're starting to do that. It's easier to track people when they leave college. Now you know they still have the same phone number. All of these so many things say the same. You have this contact with them, so keep in touch, find out what they're doing five years later while you're.
Speaker 1: Asking them for a financial contribution. Also ask if they're employees.
Speaker 2: And then you can really determine what success looks like, Brian, because success means this degree led to you being successful and independent right in life. I'm not on the government for your existence.
Speaker 1: Well, and the graduation rate seems to me to be a nonsensical measure of anything, because we all know that they engage in grade inflation. I mean, one of the reasons that the Trump administration is telling Harvard to go you know, pound sand in terms of grants. They actually have a remedial math program at Harvard. They let someone in yes, who needs remedial math. So you've lowered standards. We know grade inflation happens in K through twelve. You go ahead and pass someone on into the next grade when they can't even meet the standards for that particular grade during the student no service whatsoever. But they'll also admit people who are incapable of working at college levels. What do they do? They lower college level standards down to something less than they're teaching basically at high school. Well, it's it's in med school and everything else that's scary. And speaking of in.
Speaker 2: Med school with loans, I can remember when I I was in school having to sit down with people that went over the loans that were available and the risk that you're taking. There was a Health Education Assistance loan that following Jimmy Carter was at seventeen percent. Yet they're going to throw you twenty thousand dollars or so. And I saw students going out by a new cars where I'm drying and my Grandpa's old Pinto. You know, they were crazy. I didn't take a heel loan until my senior year, and I paid that one off first right because of the high interest that was on it. But we were educated in that and.
Speaker 1: This school what you were getting in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the school took some responsibility of saying, we don't want you to go out there and be bankrupt, you know, in two years, because when you go out and you first get in practice, you know, you're building a practice, and so you're not going to have this huge revenue day one, so to be able to pay these things off. It was a responsibility that seemed to be there, but it's not there across the board. That should be taking place everywhere with the school. And here's the thing. If a particular school has a large number of students not able to pay off their student.
Speaker 1: Loans, that's indicative of it.
Speaker 2: Let's put some responsibility on the college. And that's what the Trump administration is trying to.
Speaker 1: Do, right, And that's that illustrates perfectly what you're talking about earlier, which is does that degree provide you with a source of revenue.
Speaker 2: I've always said, you know what, I have nothing against a four year degree. I have three of them. I believe you might have two, two or three college and law school, yeah combined. I have nothing against those higher degrees. But at the same time, for example, as a surgeon. There's a lot I can do in the operating room. I can't build that operating room. No, you can can't fix that equipment.
Speaker 1: Amen. I make that point about elected officials. We elect them to make decisions over matters that they have no comprehension, right, you know they think Guam's going to capsize. Representative of said Guama's gonna tip over. I mean we elected that guy. You think he has any idea how to science industry, I mean any of that. He's got no clue, so and yet making decisions on our behalf. Let's pause, We'll bring Brad back. I mentioned, you know, Gate to Heaven, Gate Heaven and Montgomery. It is a beautiful, beautiful place. You want to a place for quiet contemplation, reflection, maybe exhalation, living in the moment. Enjoy the grounds at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Montgomery. Now that sounds like a strange I'm gonna enjoy a cemetery. Yes, you absolutely can. They rolling hills, mature trees, the winding roads and pathways. Take a pleasant stroll and just enjoy the seasonal flowers, the trim lawn, the reflective water features in a very tranquil atmosphere a perfect location for prayer and reflection, and it's open to everyone to enjoy. To learn more, just check them out online at Gateoheaven dot org. Ministering to the tricity for more than seventy seven years in honoring life, sacred Ground Gate of Heaven dot org. This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station. As you're a channel one with a forecast. Today we got mostly cloudy skies, a little bit of rain north of the Ohio River. Sixty six for the high, overnight clouds and fifty tomorrow mostly Clyde with a slight chance of afternoon range seventy two for the high, fifty three overnight with clouds and a partly cloudye Thursday, and a high seventy five right now. Fifty time for traffic.
Speaker 3: From the U see how traffic center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you see Health is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 4: Learnmoregg you see health.
Speaker 3: Dot com problems northbound two seventy five an accident before you got to twenty eight in Milford has the right lane blocked off.
Speaker 4: There's also some involved on the left hand side.
Speaker 3: Traffic is still moving down the middle, but backing up pants to the parkway, then heaving a round the circle to love on wet roads, not helping any southbound seventy one break lights from a bubfield sirdle through blue ash Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRA see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fift about KRC detalk station Brian Thomas with Brad Winster, doctor Brad Winster, former Congressman. You know that, talk him through the issues, and let's move over to Medicaid reform. Everybody's out there whaling in nash teeth. Donald Trump's gonna take away Medicaid. Donald Trump's gonna take away Medicaid. No he's not. We're gonna try to reform it. If you're able bodied and capable of working, you should at least be forced to try to work or get some job skills which will be happy to pay for, but you can't take medicaid. Brad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's been interesting too and seeing the results of expanding Medicaid. Look, I am all favor in favor of a country that has safety nets for those in need. But as it's been said before, it shouldn't be a hammock. It should be a safety net right, and we want to provide for people on their path to independence. Financial independence. Everything else should be designed to be a temporary bridge, yes, if at all possible. Now there's some I know with disabilities, etc. That it's not going to be and I get that, and we want to be able to provide. But there's strong evidence that has been shown that there's a shift of financial resources with the expansion away from taking care of the most vulnerable, and that's the narrative that we need to be talking about. We want to reform it so that we can do things like preventive medicine and medicaid and do things that really help the most vulnerable, help pregnant women, especially if you're in poverty and you're pregnant, you may be undernourished, all of these types of things are you're getting your perinatal care, all these things to then produce another healthy American exactly. Those areas rather than covering down for people that could be working that aren't working. The expansion has been disastrous for many and it's time to take a common sense approach to helping people all in all, consistent with what we have just said in the Doctor's Caucus.
Speaker 1: We want to be the healthiest nation on the planet. I credit.
Speaker 2: Director Kennedy Secretary Kennedy for saying make America healthy again. You know, let's be the healthiest nation on the planet. And yesterday he addressed reforming snap as well.
Speaker 1: We don't pay for SODA's, soft drinks, sugary beverages like that, among other things. We we actually pay for people to just pollute their bodies and and and move them closer to diabetes and obesity. And fraud is a problem too.
Speaker 2: You you mentioned off air you can't buy cigarettes, and but what you can do is I sell your snap card for cash so that you can then go out and pay for those.
Speaker 1: I used to watch that when I worked in Finley Market back in the eighties, Harry's Meats and Seafood. Shout out to the Geiger brothers if they're out there, and the guys that used to work there. But that was the first time I encountered food stamps. I grew up in a nice neighborhood and people were not relying upon public's assistance. And I'm not dissing the concept, but they would swap them outside the store. People would hand over food stamps your five dollars increments or ten dollars stamps or one dollar stamps in return for cash exactly cash, you get discounts. So five dollars in food stamps maybe net you two or three dollars, but you could take the two or three dollars and go down to buy smokes.
Speaker 2: So the person using the card should have to identify themselves. It seems to me just just the same as amming to identify yourself when you're buying alcohol, the same as you have to identify yourself for so many things. It's only fair. Look, it's it's we are a giving nation. I get that, but we shouldn't be doing more harm. What's well the idea is a doctor do no harm, do no harm.
Speaker 1: And who say no, no, no. People have a choice with you. You're just being you know, you can't to deny them the opportunity of choice with what we give them by way of public assistance. Like wait a second, that would be encouraging harm. You know, if you allow a snap card to be used to purchase literally pollutants, unhealthy products to put in your body, then that's a government who enables you know, poisoning. Well, I mean I hate to be so harsh with my conclusions on that, but that, to me, that's what sodas are nothing. But you know, sugar injected in your system, which has no nutritional benefit whatsoever. Why make that an option?
Speaker 2: And you know what the argument has been that I've heard it. I heard it in Washington. Well, Brad, rich people get to buy at bad foods, why shouldn't everyone. The point is, you know what, there's there's a lot of people with money that end up doing more to protect themselves, to keep themselves healthy. Yes, they can buy those things, and yes many of them do, but they also pay for but they shouldn't. But they also pay for their own healthcare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that valid point. But that's not an argument that these because rich people can buy them, that they even should buy them in the first place. We discourage it across across the board that they want to make stupid choices. They're entitled to make stupid choices too, they shouldn't be able to do it on the back of the taxpayer. Will continue one more segment with Brad Winnstrip It's coming up in seven forty seven to fifty five KRC Detalk Station Get in Touch with plump type plumbing. Plumbing done right, it always is. You deserve a great plumber, and you deserve customer service, and you deserve value from your plumber. You get all of that with no service fee free estimates plumb type plumbing. They do amazing work. I can vouch for it. But also the region's number one, tri State's number one in stall it for tankless water heaters. So if you're a tank's gone belly up, maybe consider tankless a lot less space, unlimited hot water, and they last a lot longer than the tank. So it's just a it's a real great idea trenchless sewer line repair. You got multiple drains clogged and you're scratching your head, well, they can certainly solve the clogged drain. That may be a sign that your sewer line's having an issue. But if it does need to be replaced or repair, they can do it without digging up your yard. With trenchless sewer line repair. Just a couple of the services offered by Plumty plumbing. But if at the plumbing job, it's always plumbing done right because you deserve better five one, three, seven, two, seven, eighty four eighty three A plus with a better business bureau five one, three, seven, two seven tight online. You'll find them at plumbtight dot com. Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: What if you had an extra thousand dollars, here's your Channel nine weather cloudy day to day rain to the north of the Ohio, and I have sixty six files every night fifty for the low tomorrow flady with a slight chance of afternoon rain, seventy two for the high partly cloudy every night fifty three and on.
Speaker 1: Thursday a partly cloudy day as well. I have seventy five fifty right now traffic coun.
Speaker 3: From the UCLP Traumphing Center. When it comes to a stroke, every second count. So that's why you see health is the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment.
Speaker 4: Learn more atu sehealth dot com.
Speaker 3: North found two seventy five crews continue to work with an accident before you got twenty eight in Milford traffic back in. I'm close to east Gate northbound seventy one. There's an accident above the Reagan Highway, adding two delays out of Kenwood. There's a serious accident outside of Oxford that's on one twenty seven and frazy Chuck Ingram fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on seven fifty one fifty five KR See the talk station. Brian Thomas Swift, doctor Brad when Srip former Congressman going through the issues and Catholic he is. I mentioned Gataheaven Cemetery. He's got a couple of plots there for him and his wife. Congress or former Congressman Winstrip a comment or two about the pope. We're gonna get a more conservative pope this time because I have many I grew up in an all Catholic neighborhood except for me, basically got lots and lots and lots of Catholic friends. Many of my listening audience are Catholics, and I have not run into a single one that had well appreciated or liked the direction that the deceased pope. The recently deceased Pope took the messaging very left wing, very liberally. He's sounded like a socialists, which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Do you think there'll be a more conservative pope this time?
Speaker 2: I have a feeling that that's going to be the trend because there was a lot of controversy around this pope who had good intentions, but he's human like any other pope, and so it should be an interesting go round this time.
Speaker 1: You know, those of us our.
Speaker 2: Age, Brian, we have vivid memories of John Paul the Second, Oh sure, and that was an entirely different time and and a different pope, pope, and different approach from this pope. You know, he was he was dealing with issues of evil in the world, Communism, you know, from his home country of Poland. It was it was inflicted upon them, and he would work with Ronald Reagan. I mean, two of my heroes in my lifetime, two of my inspirations for my Catholicism and for my patriotism as an American right.
Speaker 1: And so it was a different time.
Speaker 2: But I think it's time we take could closer look at what really matters. And so it's one thing has always bothered me when I would hear things from the pulpit, Well, let's pray for our leadership and for our members of Congress and this not to be more compassionate. It's really up to us, Brian, It's up to us as individuals. I have high respect for Cardinal Dolan out of New York. I don't know that he would get it. Politically, I don't think the world's ready maybe for an American pope, and maybe they should be at this place in time. But I think that Dolan said he's searching for the energy of John Paul the Second, the intellect of Benedict, and the heart of Francis, And I don't disagree with all that. I think Francis Poe. Francis had a big heart, but he was more you know, he was brought up in more of a socialist regime, and he was known.
Speaker 1: To walk away from the fundamental doctrinal, dogmatic prince of the Catholic Church in order to accommodate modern times. I mean, that's not the role of the pope. I thought the role of the pope was to uphold the church ideals in doctrinal dogmatic principles exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, for me as a Catholic, I don't want a church that accommodates my sins, right. I want a church that forgives my sins right, but don't accommodate them. You know, you can love the sinner but hate the sin. All of those things are how I was brought up. And so some of the things that may be controversial to many, that doesn't mean you can't still love the person that may be part of that controversy. And just just looking at marriage and the Catholic Church, we call it matrimony, which the origin of that word is the making of a mother.
Speaker 1: Which limits it to men and women getting married. I understand your point on that. I'm not a Catholic, so I don't struggle with doctrinal dogmatic issues. You sure do know a lot of of them, and I know that well. I told you, man, and I know you want to a word or two about the what I believe prosecutors are referring to as the murder of Deputy Larry Henderson is such as shuts of tragedy that he was intentionally hit and run by a car following the shooting of the younger Hint and Rodney Hinton Junior has been charged with his murder. I know you wanted to comment on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm really taken by this in many ways as you might imagine. You know, I've been a strong protector of law enforcements as you have, and you know we endured the loud cries of the defund the police. And although I do think it's still out there. It has died down quite a bit, and some people politically have changed their mind on that. From the other side, I think one of the things that really has me upset in a lot of ways is the reaction that his taken place. There's a go Fundme page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw. The Sheriff's department was seeking to get that removed because that violates Go Fundmes rules. You can't create a funding page for people who've been charged with heinous crimes. So I hope that's the case. Well, no one had given any money to at least as of the last time.
Speaker 2: There wasn't much I saw, like five thousand dollars or something that's dollars. But the reaction to defend thieves and murders as victims to me as appalling. But that's very deep rooted and misdirected, and I think it has a lot to do with what was put in people's minds, whether through social media or whatever, to turn everyone into too a victim. I'm very saddened by this, but you know, we were just talking about the pope. I think for the family, I'm extremely sorry and I hope to reach out to them and hope that they can understand that there's a lot of support for them in their grief without question. And you know, I like a lot of times, I'm only comforted by the promise of heaven and that gets me through a lot of.
Speaker 1: Things, you know, and that really does work for so many people. You know, you get the looking forward to the peace of God. Brad Weinster, I love you, brother, It's great to see you. Thanks for coming in and making the trip. It's been great to walk through the issues with you, which we had more time, but got to take a break. Right now, do top of our news and then we'll get the inside scoop of Breitbart News editor in chief Alex Marlowe. Remember Brad's doing a seminar tomorrow night, seven pm. Empower Youoamerica dot org for all the details. What are the lessons learned from the pandemic. Thanks for your time, Brad, It's been great. Thank you. Stick around me right back. Confused happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: Not gonna be complicated.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored by