Speaker 1: To give America back on track.
Speaker 2: That's what this whole thing is about.
Speaker 1: The conversation both boa is happening here.
Speaker 2: Every vote's gonna matter more than ever.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station eight o five, the fifty five KRC DE talk station. I'm very happy Tuesday always made it happier because this time for the inside scoop with Breitbart News. I always start by recommending your book mark Breitbart b R E I T B A r T dot com. You'd be happy you did great reporting there and way outside the mainstream media which is going to tell you the truth. Breitbart always speaking truth to power and one of the persons who does that joining the program this morning, Capitol Hill reporter Nick Gilbertson. Great to have you on the program this morning, Nick, to go over the well latest on the election as we fast approach November.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me, Brian, and thanks for the kind words about Breitbart.
Speaker 1: Always love to put in good words for Breitbart. I regularly log into your site for in preparation for the morning show, and there's some really interesting things there. Your local story that on the situation going on locally here in Lachland, Ohio, just outside of Cincinnati about the Ouritanian population. Thirty five hundred of them got that at bright Bart. Fortunately we had at least one local outlet mentioned that back in September, but not a whole lot of press, but things of that nature. So it is worthwhile my listener friends get to Breitbart dot com. Let me just say ask it cuding to the chase directly. I you know, the fog, it's like the fog of war Nick, the fog of polling information.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can look on one site, you know, like if I go to a left leaning site like Politico, maybe The Hill, it'll have you know, Kamala Harris ahead and all the swing states. And I flip over to a Fox News poll or one of the other sites and it'll say, you know, Donald Trump's ahead and all the swing states. Like, what in the hell are we supposed to believe? We can't believe our eyes? Is there any really reliable polling data out there? I keep hearing that internal polling data is always the most accurate, and let except we normally normally don't even get that. It's like kept internally for reasons unknown, And how is it that that internal polling data is allegedly so much more accurate than anything else we read. Can you cut through this fog for us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a big part of is, yes, those internals, you know, we hear all the time that they're the most accurate and generally they're the most comprehensive polls because these are you know, these private campaigns and private super PACs and such, you know, commissioning them, and they can do they spend more money probably than these public outlets and polling agencies, so they can get a clear snapshot and deeper demographics, deeper dives on trends of where voters are moving. And of course, yeah, unfortunately we don't typically get those. We get them sometimes through leaks, and we get the memos and the top lines, but we don't really see that deeper data. But what I find is fairly reliable right now is the if you know, one single poll is just a snapshot and things, but to really kind of look at trends, one one source I really rely on as real clear politics polling average, right they aggregate all these polls and they kind of give you a snapshot of the race, you know, based off of that average. And right now, last I saw yesterday Trump was up, you know, up up to a point or a point one point two percent in every single swing state and the Real Clear Politics polling average. So I think that gives a good snapshot of the race in my opinion, you know, in substitute for these deep, you know, internal polls that that we would love to get our hands on. But that's that's kind of how I would describe describe things right now, and I think Real Clear Politics is a great source for for where things you know, a gauge or an average of where things stand right now, all.
Speaker 1: Right, and over last you know, several weeks, six weeks or so, the trend has been at least as I've observed it, correct me if you believe I'm wrong, has been improving for Trump. He's advanced in mostly the swing states, but even on a national polling level, which we always tend to discount because it includes so many blue states and obviously you're going to get a trend toward you know, Amala Harris in a blue state, but he's even closed the gap on a national level, which to me is I want to say, almost hard to believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is almost hard to believe because generally you know, even in twenty sixteen, Trump didn't win the win the popular book, but he you know, he took the electoral College and I think he got the second most votes of all time in twenty twenty, but still lost to Biden, didn't win the college. But you know, I think we're really seeing Trump really start making you know, significant games on the on the national top line too. There was an Atlas polling poll and I think they were the most accurate, you know, I maybe fairly starting on this, they're the most accurate pollster in twenty twenty. They showed Trump up three on Harris I believe over the weekend, and he was over fifty percent nationally.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So Trump's get if he can. So that means his ceiling is above a majority of the country right now, which is it's pretty unbelievable consider everything he's been put through and everything that's been done to you know, drag him down to whether it be the loft there, you know, and you go back to all the various you know, Russia Gate and everything even going back eight years. It's it's amazing that he's, uh, he's really above fifty fifty in that Atlas poll, which people put a lot of stock in and Harris is down three, that's that's horrific news for Democrats nationally. You know James Carvel, the rage in Cajun who helped put Bill Clinton in the White House, and he's revered as one of the most you know, veteran Democrats strategists. He's even said if if Democrats are up up one, that really means they're down to nationally. Right, if they're up one in the national polls, that really needs they're down too, because Trump typically under poles. So I think this is screaming five alarm fire for Democrats if Trump, If that poll is accurate and Trump's at fifty, that's extremely dangerous, dangerous territory for Democrats right now.
Speaker 1: Well, and they're in dangerous territory based upon the lack of articulation of where even Kamala Harris stands relative to the current administration. She seems to be doing nothing but running away from what she was previously standing on firm ground on I'm against fracking, I'm in favor of woke ideology. I'm in favor of transgender you know, a mixed bathrooms. I'm in favor of men competing against women. In sports, you know, the once people start paying attention to where she truly is, it seems that's when they start moving over and putting aside. They're built in Pavlovian hatred for evil Orange man. And I'll just let you know real quick here I hit a conversation over the weekend. I think this is contextually important. So bear with me. Great friend of mine, lifelong friend, one of my very best friends. He's pretty much apolitical, but he says, I just can't vote for Trump. And so he started having a conversation with him, and what a boiled down to the reason he says he can't vote for Trump is because of that Pavlovian evil Orange man. And I said, well, wait a second, So let's assume for the sake of discussion, he is this goofy guy. He says, what's on his mind, he's not very presidential like blah blah blah blah blah. Fine, you don't like him. You bought into this whole racist, homophobe, misogynistic thing. Do you have any opinion on his policies, what he did during his four years versus what Kamala Harris stands on. He didn't know he has no idea about policies. He couldn't name a single policy that Kamala Harris. Will you know what I pointed out to him. He's against, for example, men participating in against women in sports. He's against the whole gender pronoun thing. I could go on. So I said, so you're in favor of everything Trump is campaigning on. He didn't even realize it. He just has that I hate Trump ergo, I can't vote for him. So I'd vote for a woman whose policies are the exact opposite of what he really likes. That's really what this race is all about, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's exactly what this race is all about. And it's so clear right now that Democrats and the mainstream media they've given up on policy. Policy has been there. They have not put any legitimate, you know, you know, worthwhile policy platforms out that would stand. And she's waffled on so many issues. Can voters actually see her as genuine? And to your point, but your your friend who you know, she still supports her, even though you know he aligns with Trump on all the issues. It shows and then you combine that with their closing argument here, which is Trump is a horrible person, and I think it just reads a desperation to me that they're doing that. And we'll see how effective effective they are, you know, come November fifth with this closing argument. But it's it's it's been tried. It was tried by Hillary Clinton in twenty sixteen. I don't pay it works so well for her. So again they're trying to make this all a referendum on Trump's character. Americans are I don't think they. I think they more so care about But I think the media and Democrats are doing their best cloak and dagger work here to make this about everything else but policy and what Americans, what would actually make Americans lives better? A conversation about that, well.
Speaker 1: And every person who goes grocery shopping, or fills their gas tank, or has to pay rent, or is endeavoring to purchase a home, it's all becoming out of reach. Inflation is a real thing, hitting the most vulnerable among us, which typically are lower income voters. Of course, the middle class has been wallet, but those are the folks that the Democrats could typically count on. The Democrats haven't done them a wits worth of service. Over the past several years. In fact, our lives are collectively that much more miserable. That's something they cannot run from because you cannot tell people and convince people they're better off now when they're the ones that go grocery shopping and fill their tank and pay their rent.
Speaker 2: No, And I'll tell you right now, Brian's that seems to be undoing their coalition because you know, you look, for decades, it was unions always supported Democrats, right, and you know, the Team Stairs would come out and endorse the Democrat every election cycle. And then they released those poll numbers that show all their members are not all of them, but sixty percent of them are for Trump, and you know, and they did a non endorsement because of that. And then you look. I covered a New York Times story a couple of months ago where they were in Philadelphia and talking to black voters and black voters. They were saying things you would hear it that Trump rally. They were going, why are we sending money to Ukraine when my neighborhood's in trouble. So it's it's, you know, there's it seems that the Democrats and the economic you know, impact of these radical spending policies this administration are actually you know, driving their voters they've depended on so for so long away from them. And I think right now, I think we're seeing a realignment that could you know, potentially break what had been the standard mo for American politics and the Democrat coalition. And I think that's something that could just totally alter the political landscape going forward from years for years to come.
Speaker 1: Well, and I just saw in bright part the Today Warner Todd Houston reporting on this one about this bipartisan group. You got five Republicans in New York and four Democrats both sending a letter to Mayor Eric Adams worried about these Venezuelan and street gangs taking over. And they have. And this is impacting people of you know, all races, ethnicities, creeds. It's hitting budgets, it's having problems in schools. And I suppose many in lower income neighborhoods who have been overwhelmed by this influx of illegal immigrants see them getting more than they as constituents and US citizens are getting by way of social benefits and others that they've devastated so many communities with the immigrant policies they're trying to walk it back. I mean, they waited until the last couple of months to do any form of crackdown on the border. I would call that a daylight a dollar short by far.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then and then of course they you know, they run around and claim the border crossings are lower than under the Trump administration now, which is just absurd because they close the border for strictly political purposes, you know, in the spring into the summer. But we were absolutely ravaged for three years, you know, by by like literally unlimited illegal immigration. So yeah, it's just, uh, it's absolutely amazing. And and to your point, yeah, it's and then they get put into sanctuary cities where you know, there's only so many resources, and it's it's it's truly amazing. How this is affecting the Democratic Coalition. I really think they're I really think they've hurt themselves with their own base, with their own policies over the past past few years.
Speaker 1: Well, the finite number of dollars and seemingly unlimited demands on government, and this has thrown a massive monkey wrench into anyone's designs in terms of where public dollars are going, either from the left or the right. I mean, you've got to deal with this immigrant crisis upfront, and it's just ruining most people's neighborhood so to the political benefit of Republicans who promised to crack down. Anyhow, Tea Lea for reading Nick before we part company here this morning. What's your take? Where do you think, how do you think it's going to end up? And how many days do you think it's going to be before we have a real definitive declaration of a winner after election day?
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, I think it could go a couple of ways. I think, just based off of the trends Trump's running in now. So if he has a big night on the East coast early, right, I think if he clearly takes North Carolina, Georgia, and Pennsylvania and he takes everything else he's expected to take, that puts him at two seventy. So we could have a call by midnight if Trump wins those three states comfortably, you know. If not, you know, we could get a call late in the night, or you know, there's also the twenty twenty scenario where you know, some states are too close to call, or you know, and it could it could be weeks before we have a definitive you know, days or weeks before we have a definitive winner. So I think any of those could play out. But looking at things from you know, a thousand feet above right now, I think things look good for Trump. I think things look good for down ballot Senate Republicans right now. A lot of swing state Democrats are actually, you know, Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin and Senator Bob Casey and Pennsylvania are putting out you know, ads where they're using that they're including positive video of Trump and you know, touting that they you know, stood up for some you know, the end of bath their trade deals or whatever. So I think that shows that the fact that they're leaning into Trump to try and help them, you know, save their seats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: I think that speaks to desperation, and I think it shows that they their internals. You know, we don't get to see those, but I think we get to see some of the results of them, and I think I think some of the results are being seen in those ads. YEA posing up to Trump.
Speaker 1: Do speak volumes Capital Hill reported Nick Gilbertson, It's a right, real pleasure having you on this morning. For the inside scoop. We'll keep pulling up brightbart dot com and getting some solid information there and I look forward to another conversation with you down the road. Keep up the great work, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks Brian. Great being here.
Speaker 1: Today, My pleasure. Folks to the ground, and we got more to talk about. But a plumbing done right. If you want great plumbers, you want plum Type Plumbing, probably serving everywhere from northern Kentucky all the way to Dayton. Mom, you can call plumb Type for that plumbing problem. I did talk with her about it. She goes, well, they didn't look like they were on my side of time.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: They cover the entire area. Call them up with confidence. It's always plumbing done right and they live by that motto. They provide every customer with a truly exceptional plumbing experience. Great with communication, they let you know exactly when they're going to be there, and they offer the high is quality products, service and customer relations in the industry. At let Me underscore this affordable and fair price. That's why they enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau, completely different plumbing company. The prides itself on that exceptional customer service. You get actual license plumbers, fair and ethical pricing, and they'll never try to say you anything you don't need. So your drains are clogged, your pressure is low, you got leaky pipes, You got it raining chandelier. They offer twenty four hour days, seven day emergency service. It's always plumbing done right again. Five one three, seven two seven Tight t I T E five one three, seven, two seven eighty four eighty three twenty four seven emergency online. You'll find them at plumtight dot com