Speaker 1: Joe Roman Podcast check.
Speaker 2: It out, but Joe Logan Experience Train by Day, Joe.
Speaker 3: Rogan Podcast by Night, all Day.
Speaker 2: Good to see sir, Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 1: My pleasure. Always so much crazy shit going on in the world, and even before we scheduled this, like more crazy stuff has happened. The war broke out, all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you How are you feeling about the President Trump?
Speaker 1: That's an open ended question. Do you text with him and talk to him occasionally? Yeah, occasionally he'll send me a text. I get these like true social posts of uh, you know, things that he's saying. But this whole fucking Iran thing, man, Like, did you see this coming?
Speaker 2: No, definitely, I don't know. I mean who did I mean, when did he even decide? You know, their national security strategy put out in November basically just said we've degraded their capacity. It's a win. There was no sense in which there would be additional action. I think it ushers in a new paradigm completely. The older post war era is just over. Mark Carney, the Prime Minister of Canada, articulated at the rold Economic Forum probably better than the Trump administration did, saying very clearly that older rules based order is gone. You saw AOC try to sort of articulate it, but she sort of fell apart the Munich Security Conference in February. So this is an administration that is I mean, and I don't even think they're thinking. I wrote a piece and I decided not to publish it because I was sort of like, decapitation doesn't really work for regime change. But it's not clear that they're really out for regime change or they're just asserting power shaking up things. I mean, some of it's art of the deal, changing the person that we're negotiating with, that's Venezuela and Iran. Is it really going to change those regimes? I don't think most people don't think so, but that I'm not sure that that's what they're going for. They're just going for an assertion of American in service of American interests, and then what happens in Iran, what happens in Venezuela. I don't think they care that much about at these They are not behaving as that they do well.
Speaker 1: Neither thing made any sense to me. The Venezuela thing, I mean, look, they wanted him out forever, and he definitely stole the election to get in there in the first place, and he was a dictator. But at least that one was at least clean. They go in, kidnap him, get him out. This one's nuts, Like, and what's happening in Tel Aviv? It's hard to know what's real and what's not because there's a lot of fake video going around and a lot of weird posts on x so it's you know, when I do peek in, it's hard to know, and you have to listen to GROC and then Grock's dismantling a lot of the fake videos.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, are the fake videos that you're just like.
Speaker 1: Fake fake videos of you know, like an insane amount of bombs dropping down in the city. But it seems like there's a massive amount of destruction in Tel Aviv.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't checked in lately, but I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: Was that just today or yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I think the president is there's been some just you know, Rubio said something about how oh, we had to act because we knew that Israel was gonna act anyway, and I think people interpreted in a nut Yah, who's in the White House? A lot this. I think this president has shown whether you like him or not, you know, and there's certainly things that I'm unhappy about and have criticized, but I think Trump is in charge. Like he's making these decisions. There's nobody behind him. There's nobody. Don't be point for all of that, you know, the Russians or whoever, some you know, he's now the Israelis. You know, it's just he's clearly I mean Elon gave him, you know, two hundred and fifty million dollars and he's still you know, he didn't give him even the electric car credit. You know, like like Trump is in charge, you know, Like I think that's one of the big lessons from this. And I don't think that. I think that means that there's not a lot of like second order thinking here, like oh, what's the move after that? He doesn't know, He's just acting. That's what's so wild about is that this older foreign policy establishment, which you know, was like let the experts decide what the right foreign you know, all these thing tanks, and that's just gone. Now it's just irrelevant in this presidency. And I don't think it'll come back, Like if you get a Gavin new Summer, a president AOC.
Speaker 1: I don't president who.
Speaker 2: I don't think yeah for a minute before before Munich, but I don't think it's going to come back. And I think that that's what the Prime Minister of Canada realized. I think that's what the Europeans are starting to realize, is that this is a completely different world that we live in than the one we lived in just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: But just doesn't make any sense to me unless we're acting on someone else's interests, like particularly Israel's interests. It doesn't just didn't make any sense to me, like if they had supposedly dismantled their chances of making the nuclear bomb, whether or not that's true or I mean, it's so hard to know.
Speaker 2: He was unsatisfied and just like he was like I'm not getting aywhere in these negotiations, and I'm going to replace the person I'm negotiating with. It's it's just you know, turn over the table, like change things up. You're not getting anywhere. And you could you could say he was too impatient. Their view was the Democrats were too patient with Iran. They kept trying with Iran, Iran, they weren't giving them what they wanted. I'm not defending it. I'm just saying I think that's what explains it. They they haven't done a very good job explaining it, because I think that it just sounds to some extent like what it is, which is that it's they're acting without They're sort of like, well, does the result in regime change in Iran? We don't know. They might say that we want that or whatever, but that's not Ultimately they're not. They're not acting on the basis of achieving regime change.
Speaker 1: What just seems so insane based on what he ran on. I mean, this is why a lot of people feel betrayed, right, And he ran on no more wars and these stupid senseless wars, and then we have one that we can't even really clearly define why we did it.
Speaker 2: Well, but he said he's against endless wars.
Speaker 1: Well, ends they're all endless. Indeed, Well, if we heard Rumsfeld talk about Iraq when it first happened, tell me they were talking like six weeks, six weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, six weeks. Yeah, but they put that was ground force, and I know that they've not ruled that out. For me, that would be they have they have not. They have not. Yeah I thought you said that now, yeah no, but they don't seem eager to go into I mean, my I criticized the Venezuela action because I sort of was like, how are you possibly going to run Venezuela? And then I think a little bit more time pass I was like, oh, they're not. They're not gonna try to run Venezuela. Like that's not what this is.
Speaker 1: They wanted to just wanted to take over the oil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and even there, I mean, the oil it's not significant at any global level. I don't it's hard. I don't even think it's really about the oil. I don't think it's about the oil. Don't think it's about the oil in Iran either.
Speaker 1: Well, the oil reserves are significant, it's just the type of oil and how to extract it is extremely difficult.
Speaker 2: It's the worst shoe. It's in them, Like the big, big, abundant reserves are in the Amazon. So you're talking about it. What a nightmare. It's super far away. It's terrible. You had a gorilla conflict. If you had a gorilla conflict breakout around those oil facilities. I mean, it's already more expensive because you have to heat up that particular type of it's you know, it's really heavy oils to heat it up to get it out of the ground. Then you have to heat it transport. It's a totll nightmare. I just I mean, and as a conservationist, I would say that would be the last place I'd want to see us getting oil from. There's a lot of other places that have oil. We shouldn't be going into the Amazon.
Speaker 1: So what if anything makes sense to you about this attack and Iran.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I'm not I'm not sure what I think of it. I mean, I don't I don't like it. I don't like I mean, the whole older system was that you had this International Security Council would have to agree, the Congress would have to be that's all gone now. I mean, it's just a totally different This guy is just acting, you know, he says he's not getting where they want to get in the negotiations with the Iranians. So he says, we have some leverage over you, and we're going to use it.
Speaker 1: So clearly Israel wanted this.
Speaker 2: Israel has its own motivations. I think, yeah, but I don't think. I think it's not quite accurate to say that. I just don't think. I think all the evidence shows that Trump is his own man, and he is the president, and like literally he couldn't even give back, he couldn't even give elon the battery subsidy that he wanted.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I get that.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a policy. I mean, I've never seen a politician act that independently. That's I mean a president act that independently. So I'm skeptical of I mean, I think that I think that Rubio was sort of like, well, they were going to attack and so we had to. You know, there's some of that, But I just think Trump's doing what he wants to do and we should.
Speaker 1: You really think it's that simple. Trump's doing what he wants to do. Yes, yes, you don't think people are influencing him because there's a lot of warhawks around him, right, there's a lot of people that want to for a long time.
Speaker 2: I mean, who's in there, but then Tucker was in there a bunch.
Speaker 1: But do you think against him Tucker has the kind of influence that net Yahoo has.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I guess if you just base it on the outcome, then the answer is no, no, But that's what I'm saying. I just think he listens to everybody, but I just don't think It'srussians turn behind him. Is really I mean, Trump is like what he's been through. I mean, he's you know, he's got where he is. There's no way he's gonna They don't have anything on him.
Speaker 1: That's why I know that.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have anything on him, but that way he could. But I'm not we don't see any evidence for it.
Speaker 1: Well you wouldn't see any evidence until it broke out they released it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and well we'll get it. I'm sure we'll get into Epstein. But I mean, I just think when you don't have evidence of something, then you can't assume that it's happening. I haven't seen any evident I've seen evidence that Trump is fully independent with it. Particularly this case of Elon surprised me. I would have thought, at a minimum, you'd give your largest campaign contributor the one thing he wants. I mean, Doge was something you wanted to But and then I look at it Ron and I kind of go, you know, Trump has always won. I mean Trump has been criticized. He said he doesn't want to run to have a nuclear weapon for a really long time. I don't know the exact date, but certainly.
Speaker 1: Well, no one wants to have a nuclear weapon other.
Speaker 2: Than it wrong, right, yeah, I think that the he was He also put it this a way. He's also critical of the Democrats approach, which was the sort of the mainstream IAEA approved approach. Because of course, on international law, Iran has the right to a nuclear to nuclear energy, and to nuclear facilities, including nuclear nuclear the centrifugias, and the enrichment. Iran has the right to all that under international law and so and Trump doesn't agree with that, and he's not going to rite international lawg in his way.
Speaker 1: So when you say he has a right to it, you're talking just about nuclear power, yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Right, but that includes enrichment, so you know, to.
Speaker 1: A certain point, right, they've already surpassed that point, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I believe I you know, if I'm wrong, I'll correct it on X but I don't think it specifies the level of enrichment is part of the issue. And then you've got these centrifugies, and so it's all been a cat and mouse game. I personally do not doubt ferment it that Iran wants nuclear weapons. So that's what's been going on. I think most people think that. But the Aboma administration was like, we can do you know, we can lift sanctions in exchange for controlling their nuclear program. Trump has not for a very long time agreed with that approach. I think he was criticizing it for many years before twenty sixteen, before you decided to run, but definitely for the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Did you read the thing today that came out that they're they're discussing some sort of a leak transmission that seems to be an activation.
Speaker 2: Of terror cells Iranians have. Yeah, no, but I'm not surprised. Sounds bad. Yeah, that's one of the things that obviously, that was the first thing I thought of, was like, oh, great, are we going to get a bunch of Iranian suicide bombers in the United States.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously I don't know if it's going to be suicide bombers, but I would imagine it would be something a little bit more destructive than.
Speaker 2: That could be. I don't know what they can get in. I mean, there's Sean Ryan's been having folks on that say that, yeah, people are getting in with heavy artillery. I just don't know the status of it.
Speaker 1: Well, the real problem is they can do four years the border was wide open, Oh yeah, and definitely some people from the Middle East got through, and we have no idea what is weight. I mean, I'm sure there's some intelligence agencies that have an understanding of what the threat is.
Speaker 2: I hope so. I mean, I think we see that these terrorists are able to do an incredible amount of damage with pretty simple rifles, you know, and sometimes was it the French the club that particular terrorist action, there were other people that were using bombs that like only killed one or two people, but the guys with the machine guns were able to gun down like dozens of people. So certainly that's scary. I think none of us want. I think that's where a lot of Americans when it happened. The reason so many people were against it. I believe the majority is against it is because you're like, great, what you know, first of all, is there going to be another endless war? And second of all, are we going to get a bunch of terrorist actions here? I think if we did I don't think support for the work goes up. I think it goes down, oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's just such a fuck. I mean, the whole, the whole situation internationally has been so tense already, with what's going on in Gazo, with what's going on in Ukraine, it's like, and to add this to the pile, it's like, I mean, it genuinely feels like there's a real possibility that we might be entering World War three.
Speaker 2: How would that what would that look like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Well, I never expected Iran to start attacking, you know, they they launched bombs into Uae Dubai. I mean where else.
Speaker 2: They expected that? Though, right, I mean it makes Iran look Iran looks pretty isolated. I mean, I will say, you know, I was totally obviously, maybe not obviously, but very much on the left and was opposed to all this stuff Reagan was doing, I remember, even even in the eighties. But it's like he really did. I'm not gonna say he was the major the only reason. There was obviously a bunch of weakening within, but I mean, he really did push back against communism. He challenged the entire foreign policy establishment, on the basic view of just you know, of just of just kind of keeping it, you know, keeping the communists where they were, and it said Reagan really pushed back against it and said it got to be regime change. It's sort of almost had a moral sortinly, there's a defense build up, but a moral argument, and I think it had a big impact and to bring down communism. So i'm, you know, the Irania, it's it's I'm obviously I have very mixed feelings about it. The Iranian regime is just so evil and so awful that you know, you're every time you see videos of people taking these courageous actions, you're like, somebody bring that regime down. On the other hand, that country is pretty the people of that country are pretty radical. And the Shaw in nineteen seventy nine. I spent last night watching all the old old sixty minutes from the seventies. They're amazing. But the Shaw was really modernizing the country. There was a lot of wealth coming in, there was a lot of more inequality. There was also a lot more state repression from his intelligence services. But the country was, you know, full of radical Muslims who wanted you know that when all that instability. They wanted to revert back to, you know, a radical Islamisis regime, and that's still now. I've seen other estimates to say that, you know, the current regime is incredibly unpopular in Iran. But you know how that works out, It's really hard to say. But there is something I cautioned my own I talk back to my own anti interventionist instincts when I think about Reagan just being like, you know, we're not gonna do just containment strategy anymore. We're actually going to talk back to communism because people deserve to be free. And now is everything better for you know, is everything fine in Russia? Maybe not, But I mean communism was just awful, you know, just a totally soul killing, you know, crushing, you know, a giant lie. I mean, it's awful to militarianism. So I think we have to kind of keep that in mind, and especially when you're in a moment of just such incredible chaos like we're in now. I told my students, I'm like, you get to live through one of the most interesting moments in history, certainly in the last eighty years, because the entire paradigm where the United States had these allies and everything's gonna go through the Security Council and we're going to try to make it through the UN and there's got to get agreements and all this stuff. That's just gone. I mean, it's just it's gone to the part where they don't even where you're kind of like, how are you what's gonna happen inside Iran. They're like, that's not our concern. We hope that there's an overthrow of the government, but they're they're not. We're not like gonna necessarily commit to that.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also calling on the people to rise up, which is you know, i mean, look look at what they did with the protesters. I mean they killed thousands of people.
Speaker 2: And look at Iran and Venezuela. They don't have internal The opposition is not united. There's not a united opposition with a united figure. I mean, remember it was so interesting watching seventy nine, these protests against the show were going on. They are the left and the Islamisists made an alliance in Iran. Something it's something really interesting topic I only starting to explore right now. But they made an alliance, so they'd be holding up you know, they be holding up the eye told it comane pictures in the street, like they had their guy, and the left was like, look, we're just gonna, you know, go with this guy. I think he was making promises to the left around allowing you know more you know, liberalism. And then they came in, I just consolidated into this really hard line Islamisist regime. But they had a guy. We don't have. They don't you know, we don't have a guy in Venezuela. We don't have a guy in Iran. I don't know if there's anybody in Cuba really, you know that in the older regime, under like the Biden, the open society people, the side establishment, they had somebody for Venezuela that's a Mashado woman. But Trump gets up there and he just goes, yeah, she doesn't have enough support, so she's not with us. Gone, you know, like they recognize that they don't have there's nobody with an opposition you know, street cred that can come into power. So I think they and they know that, they're not like unaware of that. So I think some of the like, oh they should rise up in whatever. It's a little half hearted. I don't know that they believe that that's going to happen. They're certainly not. They don't seem to be offering them, you know, material support.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's just a symbolic gesture to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it. And I mean, I in this kind of the this beautiful collapse of communism which occurred so peacefully with the Berlin Wall and the Guard eventually just sort of like it's just in the vibes and the guards are just like, yeah, we're not guarding this wall anymore, and it's over, you know, And it was just over, and it was like it was a kind of like a moral collapse. I'm not so sure that they're gonna get that. In Iran doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 1: It seems like they've been preparing for this for a long time.
Speaker 2: Their Ranians. Yeah, they're dug in and now it's the sun and he's just part of that. He represents the uh, the I was the IGRC, the security forces. I mean, it's their guy, and it's what you would do. It's rally around the flag. It's classic what happens. And so but you know, never you never know, I mean, these guys then might just negotiate more what the Trump administration wants. I think the Trump administration is like, we'll just keep killing your leaders until we get somebody in there that we'll make a deal with us. I think that's I think that's how Trump thinks about it. Really, that's my that's my best guess.
Speaker 1: You're smiling.
Speaker 2: Do you think this it's funny? Because it's funny because it's it's so Joe. It's just like you just look at all the think tanks and all the White papers and the State Department and the plane and whatever, and it's just like Trump's just listen to Tucker. He's gonna listen to any and he's gonna decide what to do.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Visible Folks. There's one thing nobody wants this season, and that's getting catfished. And it's not just dating profiles that are putting you at risk. It's also big wireless carriers. You know, the type looks great at first, promises a low price, but once you're locked in surprise fees and an expensive bill that isn't what you were expecting. Your night in Shining Armor. Visible Wireless it's one line wireless with unlimited data and hotspot for just twenty five dollars a month taxes and fees included. Now that's a green flag. The best part Visible is all digital, so you can switch as fast as you can swipe. Don't fall for the trap of getting catfished by wireless. Visit Visible dot com to learn more and start loving your wireless carrier terms apply. See visible dot com for plan features and work management details. Is that good?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's good. I mean, I just we don't know yet. I mean, I think part of it is is it gonna work? Part of you goes a moral and you're like, well, but does it? Does it work to make have better outcomes? I don't know. We're in a realm of absolute chaos.
Speaker 1: We're also in a realm where AI is going to be powering autonomous weapons, if not already.
Speaker 2: I mean that, I mean that is going on. That is so interesting. This thing with Anthropic and the D O D and what's happening there that is really interesting.
Speaker 1: So initially Anthropic was hesitant to allow them to use autonomous weapons.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know the status of it. But you saw the open Ai the head of open Ai Autonomous, Uh, she's the head automous weapons. I think I'm not don't don't give me exactly right. But she just quit like a couple of days ago, is on X and it was just like a huge story. So you have a bunch of you have, you have, you have a rift in between now, you know, I think you know, Sam and Elon are both on board and want to keep working with the d D. But it looks like anthropic broke and you know, and then and then Hegscept was like, well, but then we're gonna punish you for this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's very consistent with a kind of nationalist vision, which is that which the Trump meministration has, which is that your security strategy, your economic strategy, your border strategy, it's all a single Your industrial strategy, it's all a single thing. Your trade strategy, it's all a single thing. And I think for Trump, it's just you're either asserting power and using your leverage and demanding more, or you're engaged and managed to climb. You're just giving up, you know. And I part of me, I'm of mixed minds on it because on the one hand, I'm with the kind of I kind of go, let's invest at home, we have all that. You know, we have skid road to clean up. You know, uh, we should be focused on that, not on trying to do regime change or bombing other countries or creating other problems. On the other hand, I think there's something right about defending the West, I mean, defending Western civilization, you know, defending our institutions, our norms, our liberal values, and and nobody's done that. And we just had a guy in power that was that opened our borders, that kind of gave a blank check to Ukraine. It seems like at a minimum, with Trump, you have somebody that is taking responsibility in ways where Biden would be like, well, we're going to do with you know, we're going to work with our allies. And it was just all kind of like it was like it was all kind of going to be decided in this in this you know what chrisy Arvin famously calls the cathedral, you know, just the single thing of the media and the think tanks and the academics, and and Trump was like, it's not working. And the working class of this country elected me to to show strength and to demand a better return on our investment in terms of protecting our allies for our people. So that part of it, I think is really overdue and really necessary. An assertion of why the West is special, why we need to defend the West is bombing Iran and replacing the you know, the commanding with the sun is Mashot, you know, is what's happening Venus. Was that the right approach to that? I don't know, but I think we were. The system was failing. I mean, the open society system, which is supposed to be this liberal you know, uh, you know, system of tolerance, it became intolerant, It became to toulitarian, It created censorship industrial complex, They they weaponized the intelligence communities. We you know, started getting ourselves into conflicts that we that was not clear why we were in them, including Venice, I mean sorry, including Ukraine. I mean with Ukraine. It's like that war only continues because we continued to arm it. Like if we stopped, if we just were like, let's just have the just you know, just cut a deal wherever the border is right now, and you're just like that's where it's going to stop, then you can I mean, I don't know, I'm not sure what's preventing that from Trump. I think he's annoyed with Putin. But yeah, I mean my view is like, I don't see an interest in that war continuing. I don't know how it's in the interest of the working of working class Americans or Americans. And I have the same questions about Iran and Venezuela in Cuba. But I think that is a totally different paradigm than the one that we had from nineteen forty five to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Well, the idea of tolerance, for you know, with the last administration, that seems just to be a narrative. It seemed to be a political strategy of keeping the borders open to increase populations and blue states, raise the census, get more congressional seats, and then a path to citizenship where you'd have permanent voters. That's what it seems like. And then there's also a ton of medicaid fraud that's wrapped up in that that we're now seeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's part of it. I mean, there were The Times did a piece on why Biden left the borders open, and it.
Speaker 1: Was what was there?
Speaker 2: It was a funny piece like there was this it was, you know, part of it. He's so out of it right, like they were just it was not clear, like there wasn't clear there was like a meeting where he was like, yeah, we're gonna just do this thing. They kind of concluded that. I think Cecilia Mignot's who's one of the more moderate advocates and was in the bodministration, I think she said something like Biden just wanted to give the left. Just felt like you wanted to give the left what they wanted. And that's what you know, the Soros think tanks and the you know, the very progressive immigration groups have been and you know, have been advocating did the same thing on climate. So it makes sense. I know Elon talks a lot about how, oh it's about importing voters and whatnot. Maybe, but it's not even clear that that's a good strategy that's going to work. You know, well, because first of all, we don't know that Latinos like why are like, why do we assume Latinos are all gonna, you know, vote for Democrats.
Speaker 1: Well, if you've got them all on medicaid and social security.
Speaker 2: The numbers there are, it's actually more complicate. Europe is definitely the case that you have higher rates of crime and higher rates of social services among migrants. Here are Latino migrants traditionally, you know, you know, really thrive. You know, they do much better than they mostly Muslim immigrants in Europe. So I you know, I skeptic. I mean the other thing, they're the statistic that I learned from David Shore, who's like the one of the top Democrat pollsters, when he was talking to Ezraklin after the twenty twenty four elections, he was like, if all eligible voters had voted, Trump would have won by three percentage points rather than one point five. So it's also so I always think it's kind of funny because the Republicans always like trying to make it harder for people to vote. But under that calculation anyway, and maybe it's just Trump, maybe other Republicans want.
Speaker 1: When you see it harder for people to vote, what do you mean? You mean mail in voting just the whole difference. But the problem is mail in voting has always been a vector for fraud.
Speaker 2: That's it. Maybe I don't know how much of it there is. I've seen different things on it.
Speaker 1: Back like decades, people have been talking about mail and voting just being too open to fraud.
Speaker 2: Well, but then maybe, but then the questions, is a really benefit I mean, and there was. If David Shore is right, if everybody who could vote had voted, Trump would have won like basically by twice the margin.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if that's necessarily true. But when I see laws like what California has where you're not allowed to show ID, there's only I mean, I've tried tried to find some sort of charitable way where that would make sense other than you want to open the door for fraud. There's nothing. This is this narrative that they say, oh, poor people don't have like you see Kamala Harris, they don't believe that they don't have a xerox machine.
Speaker 2: Like no, but you ever see the thing. I think it was a guy, I don't know if he did it for free Press. A guy was going around interviewing well, first he interviewed liberals that like I think U see Berkeley and he was like, you know, do you think that you should have to have an ID to vote? And they were like no, because black people don't have IDs, and like that's.
Speaker 1: Just and then hearing that on end No, No, I know.
Speaker 2: Of course but they believe that. Yeah, I mean, but then dont of you that saw that. It's an incredible video because then he goes to like I think he goes to Harlem, or he goes to like a black neighborhood in New York, and he was just actually asking black people. It's like, do you have an idea on you? It was like everybody was like, yeah, like, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 1: Well, it's also, we just got done with three years. If you need an ID to prove that you have been vaccinated, so you need to be able to have that to go to have worked, get on a plane to eat at a restaurant. It didn't make any sense. It was so immediately contradicting what had just gone down, you know, months earlier. It's just stupid.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that was about. That was because the left wanted to control people's behavior and on voting. They the old I I know because I just when I talk to my progressive friends about it, you know, and family and friends, it's it's very much like, no, we can't put barriers in the way of voting, because that's what they did during Jim Crow. I mean, that's where it goes back to is.
Speaker 1: Not a barrier. It's just an insurance that you're a citizen while you're voting.
Speaker 2: And then they say there's really not much. They say, there's very little fraud. I'm just telling you what they say. I'm not saying I agree.
Speaker 1: I just though, Yeah, do you believe that that's horseshit? That's a horseshit.
Speaker 2: I think they believe it.
Speaker 1: Yes. I think they just say it because that's the thing that everybody says. I think it's a group thing thing. I mean, I think if you sit down with any rational person and no one's watching, you know, there's no cameras on there, and you asked them, does that make any sense? No one would say it makes any sense. Most people in this country, or citizens, have some form of ID, or can get some form of ID, and it's entirely reasonable to ask people to prove that you are who you are if you're voting for the president of the United States, that seems pretty reasonable.
Speaker 2: I'm I I find it totally reasonable, and I support it. I'm just saying that if you make it, I'm just saying you may, the Republicans may. It may result in outcomes that are not the predictable ones that they think they'll get just because Trump was at least and Trump's maybe you know, a special case, but I mean he was able to turn out reluctant voters, like he motivated people to.
Speaker 1: Vote because people were fed up with what had gone on in the last four years. And I think the open border was the biggest one. I mean it was one of the biggest ones, because people just felt hopeless, like this is crazy, Like what you're doing. You're letting in what's equivalent at least if you're if you're just being charitable, it's ten million people. It was.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 1: If you're just being conservative, it's ten times Austin. You'll let ten Austin's in in four years of people who you have no idea who they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and Americans were on board with closing the borders, and then when it came time to actually asking all the getting those folks to leave that came in, all the support disappeared, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not asking them to leave, it's showing up at home depot and just rounding people up and raiding places and going to restaurants and pulling people out of their houses and I think people got very uncomfortable with the idea of militarized police wearing masks on the street. Yeah, and then when you find out that these guys have only been trained for seven weeks and there's they get a fifty thousand dollars signing bonus, and then you find out that a giant percentage of them are Latino, which is kind of crazy. You know, like the two guys who shot that guy in Minnesota, they're both Latino.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean that's what you get when you have completely untrained, unprepared people.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a hole like that. The whole Minnesota thing with alex pretty is a complete clusterfuck. I still not have not seen verification of whether or not the narrative that makes sense is true. But the narrative that makes sense was that there was an accidental discharge of his gun as they were pulling it away from him, and then that led to them thinking that maybe he still had the gun on him. Because you're in the chaos of arresting someone, someone says he has a gun, a gun goes off, and then they shoot the guy.
Speaker 2: I bet when you go I bet when they do the proper evaluation of it. They're gonna find multiple mistakes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure by the law enforcement that. And then there was the thing with the woman who got shot, where you have a guy who had almost been run over just a couple of weeks before and been dragged in his car. The guy who shot her had been dragged by another vehicle.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: He got dragged like three hundred feet too, something crazy. So when a car is coming at him, you could imagine this guy's got some PTSD from that, and.
Speaker 2: He should not have been certain. He should not have been no.
Speaker 1: And also a shouldn't have said that fucking bitch like after he shoots her in the face too. That's crazy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the reaction, just the heartlessness of the reaction to the ards was terrible, including by the administration. That's probably why Christy Human ended up having to go.
Speaker 1: But then on the other side, these protests are organized, they're organized, and they're paid for, which is also something to be take that people need to understand. These are not organic protests. It's not organic that it just happened to be taking place in the very same place where you've found hundreds of millions of dollars in fraud. Right, this is one of the clearest, most obvious distractions you've ever seen, Like in the public arena where you have these people who are being paid to protest. They give them money to go out there in protest, they give them signs they're organizing it. They go signal groups, they're dosing all these different ice workers, they find out what their license plates numbers are, they find out where they're staying. They go to the hotel. The cops, the local cops are being told to stand down. So you've got it like this, this convergence of all these factors that lead to chaos. And you know Mike Bens was talking about and it was essentially saying it's a mathematical thing and that if you have these things play out, you're going to have a certain amount. It was Mike Ben's right, was saying that there was a certain amount of people that are you're going to have incidences. You're just playing it out over the numbers a certain amount of these protests. You have organized protests, you have untrained ice agents, you have a lot of chaos, you have support for people screaming in the streets, someone gets shot, boom, and then it moves the needle, and this is calculated that they want this to happen. They want it to hap them this way, because then this kills all the support for people that you know, we're kind of on the fence whether or not I should be deporting all illegals. Excuse me, what it should Excuse me whether they should just go after violent criminals. And and then there's these weird narratives like, oh oh, only fourteen percent are violent criminals that have been arrested. He was sixty percent of criminals. Sixty percent of the people plus were criminals, And like what by what definition violent criminals? Like you, like, what do you is it okay if they just come in here and rip people off, Like are you fine with that? It's just like the violent ones we need to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Like I think they didn't. Yeah, they did. They did a fairly poor job of it. Like why were they focused on Minneapolis? I think most people don't understand how radical the left in Minneapolis is because it was a Midwestern place, but it's actually got a long radical left tradition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as you.
Speaker 2: Were saying, I mean Alex Preddy, he should have been arrested several days before, when he had a gun on him and got into an altercation with the police. They should have arrested him then, and then they could have the judge could have done a lot of different things, but they could have taken away his gun. They could have put a restraining order on him so next time he showed up and people would know to look for him, then he would have been kept out of the area.
Speaker 1: Do you know the story about the gun that he was carring. No, Okay, So he's carrying a gun called a cig P three twenty, which is notorious for accidental discharges. Not mean there's lawsuits all over the place. There's videos of cops in precincts bending over to pick something up and the gun goes off in his holster. There's a ton of these. So I don't know if this is completely accurate, because this is obviously the fog of chaos of these type of altercations and situations. But there's a video that many people have reviewed and it's their conclusion that if you watch the video, when one of the ice officers removes his gun, even though he does not have his finger on the trigger, has his hand on the gun and his fingers on the slide. As he's moving off, it appears the gun goes off. Now they've zoomed in on it and shown that it does look like the gun's going off, and it does correspond with the sound of a gunshot. It's just hard to know.
Speaker 2: You hear a gunshot in the video, yes, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if it's legitimate. It's hard to know. But if it was any other gun, like say it was a glock, I would say that doesn't make any sense. His fingers on on the trigger, it's not gonna go off. But that gun is notorious for going off. There's a guy online that he shows a video where he takes the gun and he manipulates the slide and it goes off, and it goes off without nothing touching the trigger, no one, no one's pulling on it. It's just if you have. The other problem is people alter guns. Okay, So the issue with the SIG was they they had I believe up to twenty seventeen, they had a lighter trigger, and this lighter trigger if the gun was dropped or if something happened to it, it was going off, and they determined it's the gun does not have an internal safety like some other guns do. I'm not an expert, so I don't know exactly what the trigger mechanism is, but my understanding is that the trigger mechanism is different than their other guns. Like they have another gun, it's notoriously reliable. It's a sig P three sixty five. You could drop that gun. It's not gonna go off. It's not known for accidental discharge. But the three twenty is known, and there's tons of videos of people demonstrating this online. There's a video where they're on a range and a gun goes off in a guy's holster and the range instructor says, what the fuck just happened? And this guy he points to this, you know, the gun that went off, and he said, is that sig and he goes here, he goes, get that fucking thing off the range. So it's that notorious, this one particular model, and it just happened to be the one particular model that Alex Pretty was carrying, which is fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, his behavior was really reckless. It's really hard for people to hold two ideas in their mind at the same time, Like Ice mess that up quite clearly, and Alex Pretty, I mean, you we see the earlier video, you know, where he kicks out the taillight of the ice vehicle right and he's I mean, he's got a gun in the waistband of his of his jackets, hidden by the jacket. He gets into this altercation with the police. I mean, I had when I posted about it, and I didn't say this, but what a lot of the responses were suicide by cop. People were like, suicide by cop. I mean, and I'm not making that claim, but I mean his behavior was I mean, the recklessness of the gun choice mirrors the recklessness of his behavior in those instances. And I heard people being like, oh, well he you know, he was just defending that poor woman. There was a police officer engaged in an arrest of a person and Alex pretty intervened in that. I mean, I think you can mess around us.
Speaker 1: It was a little I don't know if it was an arrest. The police officer shoved this woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he put he was in an altercation with somebody. You don't go people, you know, there was people go, oh, you got to put yourself in. What do you think You're like, what do you think is going on here? Like he should put himself in between that.
Speaker 1: No, the way the ice officer wasn't a police officer, right, it's an ice officer. Do you call them police? The way the ice officer reacted to the woman did that bothered me, Like he just shoved this leg like like step forward and fully shoved. That's when Alex Pretty gets involved, and then pepper spray comes out and then.
Speaker 2: And Alex Pretty should have absolutely filmed that, should have filmed the whole thing. That's exactly what a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Were filming it. It was clear there's cameras all over them. So, but don't mean multiple angles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, but it's like, I just don't think that's appropriate behavior. That's not the tradition of like I mean, I think there's a non violent left wing tradition that's actually quite beautiful and spiritual and the Roe and Gandhi and King. That's not what was going on in Minneapolis. That's not at all what's going on.
Speaker 1: This is a part of the problem with these things being organized, right, organized paid protests and also people being radicalized by narratives. Then of course very different than what was going on with the civil rights movement. You have social media, so people are like radically pushed in one direction or another. And it's not clear whether or not that it's organic. It's not clear is this the voice of the people or is this bot farms that are pushing things in one direction or another? Is it? I mean, there's there's a lot of people that I cautiously watch their their posts on on X where I know that they're AI. I know it's AI. I can just tell by the way they write.
Speaker 2: Well, there's so much as heard.
Speaker 1: It's weird because it does muddy the water and it does fuck with discourse. But it also radicalizes people one way or the radicalizes people towards the right, radicalizes people towards the left. It's not good. And I think this guy, whatever his mental health struggles were, that they appeared to exist, it seems like he was a troubled guy already. So a thing comes along that defines them a cause that they're going to stand up for and fight for because their life's probably a fucking mess and their mind is probably a mess. And they look at this, they look at it like it's this black and white binary situation for good guys and bad guys, and let's fuck all these fascists and these kicking tail lights and you know, get involved in pushing matches with ice agents. It's like that's crazy, Like all that stuff should and can get you arrested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think on the organized issue, remember, like the Civil rights move was really well organized and terms it was like, actually.
Speaker 1: Weren't being paid for it. It wasn't me a promotion on social media. It wasn't people's job. There are people in America right now that are unemployed that are paid protesters for a living.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean that's the entire like left wing NGO sector is basically that, right, Yeah, I mean that's like that we saw it. I see the level of San Francisco and for homelessness. They just go and you work at a government funded or soro's funded ngo and then you do all that civil disobedient stuff on your free time. And but I was, I just think I think that you're you're right, you were right when you're saying like, because I think it's the problem is not the organization. The problem is that the organization in Minneapolis had a goal of causing exactly what occurred. The organization around the civil rights movement was to desegregate soda counters. Yes, and so one of them was about actually, I mean the other thing is that brought pull back a little bit further. Martha King and the civil rights movement was about affirming our liberal democratic Western civilization. Black people wanted to be a part of it. This stuff where you're like, we want to open the border and defund the police and basically start attacking all of these institutions of liberal democratic civilization, that's different. That's a radicalized left fundamental.
Speaker 1: Clearly, he defines it best to suicidal empathy.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with gad on that.
Speaker 1: No, you don't think it's suicidal empathy.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's either suicidal or empathic, because empathy is empathy is.
Speaker 1: Like, Well, he minimized that to a lot of progressive ideas, not just the immigration thing. I don't think he necessarily. I think it was actually long before the immigration thing that he was talking about at suicidal empathy. The idea being that you need the rule of law to have a safe and peaceful society.
Speaker 2: Yes, that part is true, that's part's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need no violence, you need no crime. And when you're taking criminals and just releasing them from jail and you have no cash bail, and you're doing all these things. If you want to put on the fucking tinfoil hat, you would do that because you want chaos, Because you want chaos so you can have more rules and tighten down on people and have more control over the civilization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think in that. I mean I think, like it's not empathic to allow more violent crime. Like I don't think that's empathy towards victims, So I don't think I wouldn't call it empathy. And not only that, but like when you look at like these who these folks are, and I spend a lot of time looking at them and was one of them. They hate Western civilization, they hate the United States of America, they hate capitalism, like it's an anti civilization thing that's motivating it. And that's not to say that like MSNBC watchers don't feel, oh I feel bad for that person, But I mean, I always you know, it's like like the people I hear complain about ice, they don't know any illegal immigrants. They've never talked to them other than maybe their server or that you know, but they don't even really talk to their gardeners, or their or their you know, the their maids. It's like the idea that they empathy implies a deep understanding of someone's situation, and so I think it's a misdescription of empathy. I think in some ways it's more quite the opposite of that, that they're actually not showing empathy for all the people that are hurt by their policies, whether it's open borders or enabling addiction, or euthanizing poor and mentally ill people in Canada or transing kids. I don't think that those things are empathic, and the person that's doing them I don't think is suicidal. If anything, they're actually quite full of themselves and quite arrogant about what they're doing. I mean, I use the word pathological altruism in San Francisco, and I say it's close to monk Housen syndrome by proxy. Maybe it is mon chasm syndrome by proxy, but I don't think it's I worry about I worry about affirming because I think that's how progressives go to go, oh, well, if we if the homeless are are worse off, that's just because we care so much. I just don't think that's the case.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the homeless thing is nuts, because the homeless thing is just a scam. And we know that basically because of California. Like California, what's happened with the whole homeless budget is so insane, and that they vetoed audits of these budgets. There's been twenty four billion dollars spent, no one knows where it went, there's no accountability, and then the homeless situation increases.
Speaker 2: Well that's why, I mean, remember, it's like it's funny, like my students just did a pay We have something we've been working on it too, like the Canadian euthanasia program. And it's like every year the numbers just keep going up and up and remind me of when you interview homeless you know, service providers in San Francisco, they'll be like, yeah, I know, we're doing an amazing job. Every year we serve more and more people. It's like, right, you have all the you have the wrong incentives. You're trying you're even incentive to serve to you've incentive to create homelessness, and that's what they've done.
Speaker 1: Well, if you get more money, if you have more homeless You're incentive is now not to eliminate homelessness, because.
Speaker 2: That's your job, right, that's how you make all your mon When.
Speaker 1: I first was alerted to that, I was like, I can't believe this is real. Like when you find out the amount of money that's involved in homelessness, like that they spend twenty four billion dollars. Okay, where did that go? Where? And then there's no accountability. Okay, there's no fraud. You're saying there's no fraud zero.
Speaker 2: Well I wish there was fraud. I mean, somebody was sort of like, can we expose you know, like Nick Shirley exposed the daycare is not doing anything in the Minnesota. I was like, I wish the homeless service providers weren't doing anything. If they're stealing the money, then there'd be a lot less homelessness.
Speaker 1: Well would you so you think they're actually using the money to create homelessness?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, I mean think about Like so San Francisco was like out between one hundred and one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a year per homeless person. Think I think LA at a bargain of something more like twenty five thousand that's just San Francisco. That doesn't count the twenty four billion that California gave. So that money's going to you know, single resident occupancy hotel owners, it's going to nonprofit service providers or just bringing food and you know, alcohol and drug paraphernalia to make it easier for people to do drugs and overdose and live in tents on the street. That's just it's very expensive to kill that many people that way. That's what San Francisco has proven.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's really about the amount of people where that's their industry, that there is an industry in taking care of the homeless situation and addressing the homeless situation. And you know coleyon Noir when he was on the podcast, he was explaining to me that he went to San Francisco and he was like, why is it so bad up here? Do they need Money's like, no, no, no. This guy who's a lawyer is explaining to him. He's a lawyer as well, it was explaining it to him like no, no, no. These people people are getting money to deal with the homeless situation, and some of them are making quarter billion dollars a year and more, which is just nuts, and then it's not getting better, it's only getting worse. And yet they see they still keep getting that money. So it's like there's zero incentive to make it better. There's only an incentive to make it worse. And then when you have no accountability, so there's no auditing of the money. Twenty four billion dollars is a lot of fucking money. So where who's getting greased up? Where's that money going?
Speaker 2: Mostly it's into the it's into the temporary what they call they call it permanent. It's propaganda word, Probablyganda. It's a permanent supportive housing. It's neither permanent nor supportive. It's often warehousing addicts where they die. I mean we know that they died at very high levels in those little this is a little crummy you know, single resion occupancy rooms. They bought a lot of motels that were you know, low, low income, you know, low you know, cheap motels, converting them having but they don't really there's no I mean, all that money should have gone into a centralized addiction psychiatric care system CALSYCH is what it should have been, and instead it's just it's just kind of yeah, it's just basically incentivizing people to live on the streets and use hard drugs and die in overdose.
Speaker 1: It's just so crazy. I mean, if you wanted to make it better, you to incentivize them and pay them based on the amount of people that are no longer.
Speaker 2: Homeless, right, But they don't do that.
Speaker 1: But then the problem with that is, well, you're eventually going to fix it all and then your business is going to go away.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's all happening. I think it's I think it's all happening unconsciously. Like there's no room. There's no like you know, secret room where they're rubbing their hands and being like, oh, we're gonna make a lot of money this way. It's just, you know, when you interview them, it's a very basic view. You know. It's just these people are victims. They're victims of white supremacy and capitalism, and and to victims everything should be given in nothing required.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's a nice narrative. But I think once you start getting monthly paychecks from the homeless industrial complex, I think your incentive is to keep this party going. Well.
Speaker 2: Sure, but they but they think it's good. I mean, they go this shows how good we're doing that. We got a bigger budget this year. In that's that's how they rationalize it. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's a sign of a very sick society.
Speaker 1: Hence the title of your book, San Francisco, Sicco, which is a great title. I mean, it's a sick place, and it was one of my favorite cities. It was an amazing city. Well, California owned my Netflix special there in twenty sixteen, so in just the amount of time in ten years, it's completely fallen apart. When I was there in twenty sixteen, it was great with the I mean there was always a lot of homeless people there, but you have that in any liberal city. But it was never an epidemic. It was never like tents everywhere and shit on the streets. That wasn't the case. It was just, you know, it was a liberal city, a progressive liberal city. But it was cool. There was a lot of outdoor music. It was fun. It was a great place to go to restaurants and people walked around. It was a great city filled with intelligent, interesting, open minded people. Man. I lived there when I was a little kid. I was there during the Vietnam War from age seven, to eleven. I lived in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit better now they had a new mayor. Yeah, a little bit. I mean I want to acknowledge. I can't lie about it. It's a little bit better. I agree. I interviewed a lot of people still about what's going on. It's still there.
Speaker 1: Did you see what happened with the mayor with.
Speaker 2: His security guard? Yeah, I got pulled down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First of all, for sure used to learn some fucking jiu jitsu. The way he let that guy grab him, You didn't he didn't pummel, he didn't do anything. It looked like he had no understanding of what to do when that guy grabbed his body, Like, how was he a security guard? That's crazy? How could you be a security for the mayor if you literally don't know what to do in a clinch.
Speaker 2: I thought he looked like he didn't really see the guy as a threat or something like maybe he thought he was just crazy all this.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a guy as a threat. If a guy grabs me like that, I'm not going to let him get that position on me.
Speaker 2: And he cut back. It probably cut his back of his head.
Speaker 1: And banged him on the ground, he body slammed onto the fucking concrete, and then.
Speaker 2: A metaphor for the whole same.
Speaker 1: Just walks away and he walked away like it was nothing like he walked away not he didn't.
Speaker 2: Run, see though, because I saw that video and I couldn't tell if the mayor actually saw what was happening. He seemed like he was going he was looking that way, and so he was.
Speaker 1: He was here when they started physically, was struggling with each other. And then when they're struggling with each other, he walks off, and then the guy gets body slam.
Speaker 2: It was the weirdest video to watch. Yeah, it is a nonchalant Yeah.
Speaker 4: As a metaphor for the city, this is a different angle. The mayor actually is running.
Speaker 1: Off to get help.
Speaker 4: Oh he is running off, Yeah, may refresh this. Yeah, so there's the merrit there. Okay, he pushes this guy here. In a second, the mayor sort of as soon as he gets watched, takes off.
Speaker 1: So why why are they hanging out with this guy in the first that looks like they're in kingbos So the security guards started it and he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. There's here, Okay, it like better, and the other guy's a lot stronger than him. So the mayor he looks.
Speaker 4: He starts running, right, he seems relaxed.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, he did start walking slowly and then starts, but that's going to get help. That guy started it all. He pushed that guy. If you're a security guy, the last thing you want to do when there's one of you and two of those other guys is deal with the situation that way where you push a guy.
Speaker 2: I'm I have to say it's she said, I'm always surprised when I see them, dude, like that was the same thing that happened with the preddy we're just talking about.
Speaker 1: Don't you think this guy's probably armed too? I mean, but also he shouldn't have pushed that guy that way. I mean, the whole thing is fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: Look at the look at the chaos or somebody else just ranging around and they're helmeless person or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the other guy's probably talking ship. I bet that guy's funny. I bet he's the guy with a big coat on. I mean, I don't, for the life of me, none of it makes sense, right, None of it makes sense. The mayor walking off casually and then eventually running. It doesn't make sense the security guy just walked up to those guys and pushed them. When your details to take care of the mayor, you should be escorting him around that and getting him away from any potential trouble. Like the brazenness of just walking up and pushing that guy whell you don't know how to fight at all. It's very clear when you watch the way they grappled with each other, he doesn't know what he's doing. This episode is brought to you by Into It. TurboTax. April fifteenth is coming fast. There's been so many tax law changes this year, which means you're going to need an expert who has your back. You're in luck. TurboTax now has in person locations nationwide. Walk into their tech enabled stores and meet face to face with a turbo tax full service expert who will get your best outcome. Expert works to get you every dollar you deserve while updating you as you go about your day. Head to TurboTax dot com to find a store near you.
Speaker 2: It seems like we're having a lot of security problems in our society right now. It's wild, right I can't believe the pushing. I mean that's the same the pretty thing, Like why pushing?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like a is that like an important law enforcement technique? I mean, what is that?
Speaker 1: Well, not only that he pushed a small woman, the ice guy just completely just full on shoves this small woman.
Speaker 2: Which means he was emotionally out of control first, right, it means that he was angry. He was angry.
Speaker 1: These guys are not like special forces guys. They're not well trained. These guys are seven weeks now seven weeks, and a lot of them are financially incentivized because like if you get fifty thousand dollars, like if you're in debt and then you could take this job on. I don't when they get the fifty thousand dollars, how long do they have to stay on the job for to have that money, to have that signing bonus or is it one of those things where you get the fifty thousand dollars as a signing bonus, but you pay it like a record deal type deal where it's not really your money. You have to make it up later.
Speaker 2: I'm at it.
Speaker 1: Still, if you can get fifty thousand dollars, there's a lot of people that'll take that job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just yeah, it was just a bunch of bad, bad choices.
Speaker 1: Maybe admonstration on that one.
Speaker 4: Someone's read it comments saying they have no personal experience, but they've heard that it's fifty k over four years if you're in good standing at the end of those four years.
Speaker 1: Oh so you only get it after four years, right, right, But for some people that have no job opportunities, yeah, and no nothing on the horizon, that fifty thousand dollars looks like. Look, it's an extra twenty five K year, or an extra you know, twenty five k for for four years for fifty forty.
Speaker 4: Person says that's incorrect. It's broken into ten payments, once at ninety days, then once every year for four more years.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Oh it's broken.
Speaker 1: But by the way, it's fifty thousand dollars that you would not have been able to make.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had police shortages before twenty twenty. We had a bunch of police shortages after that, mostly by police officers who were just felt mistreated by the society and by their local mayors who said that they were evil.
Speaker 1: Well, didn't a lot of comps resign when Adam Donni got elected.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure, and then a COVID drove and then they and a bunch of police officers driven out during COVID, So there was already our security forces have been, you know, and they were just people underestimate how important it is to feel like important in your job and respected. And it's not just about the money, because they would be offering more money. But I think a lot of people like, oh no, I don't want to be in a job where people are like spitting at me or throwing urine, and.
Speaker 1: Well not just that job where your life is on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your life is already on the line, and then you're mistreated by the wider society, which actually creates additional risks, you know, as this chaos in Minneapolis shows. So yeah, it's just people want to believe that they're doing something that is appreciated by the community. And so when the community decides that they're against policing, your civilization's pretty far going.
Speaker 1: All right. But this is the difference between policing and this ice thing. The ice thing is a different thing, right, They're looking at it differently. It's not like you're watching a violent altercation take place. The police show up and people are spitting on them, like you're trying to break up a violent crime. This is different. They're looking at it like in the progressive narrative is like, no one's illegal on stolen land, and we need to have open borders and illegals or immigrants rather or the foundation of this country. And you hear all that those narratives.
Speaker 2: The president and those the president and the administration. They wanted to pick a fight, obviously with this left wing with activists in this left wing city. They thought it would were down to their benefit to show how crazy the left was, and it backfired on them.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they wanted to do something about the amount of illegal fraud that was just recently exposed in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that that's but you wouldn't do it with ice raids though, I mean, well.
Speaker 1: It's illegal immigrants. If you have illegal immigrants that are responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars in fraud, and you know at least some of them are illegal, it seems rational that you would send Eisen to find out who's illegal and who's not and put a stop to some of it. And there's also this nationwide focus on this one place because of the Nick Shirley videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, though I think that the motivate My understanding is that the motivation was to motivate people that are here illegally to self deport, and so that that's the main part of the strategy, is this show of force, because of course it's they wanted the publicity. They wanted people to be scared and self deport. They claim that, you know, one point I think three million people self deported or at one point four and another four hundred thousand or six hundred thousand deported through the normal channels. And apparently they're just limited to how many people they can actually deport through the normal channels. But they can get people can self deport, they can just go and because of course there's this thing called everify where you just have the employers have to prove that everybody you're employing is here legally, and they don't want to do that. Tr administration doesn't want to do that because they'll upset in particular like the agricultural lobby, but others construction who depend on So it's a it's a funny, it's not great. I don't know. I'm not saying that there's that I have the perfect answer to the other one. But obviously, like politically, the president doesn't feel like they can do everify and maintain support from the business community for his political agenda. So you end up but you end up with a kind of underclass that's here illegally, but that's protected because they're working in a sector that the president and the administration wants to protect. But then you're also self deporting people. I'm not sure exactly how they're thinking about it, but that appears to be what the heart of their goal is.
Speaker 1: Well, this was always you know what a lot of people on the left back in the day would say that illegal immigrants was, this was like a Koch Brothers thing. This was like a right wing thing that they wanted this for for exactly what you just described, and that this was not a left wing progressive idea, and that what it would do is would lower the wages for the lower class in the middle class this country, and it would be bad for the citizens. And so you don't want unchecked illegal immigration. Unchecked illegal immigration would just be for the right, because they're the ones who own these massive corporations that are profiting off of illegal labor. They don't have to pay them benefits, they don't have to pay them healthcare, any of the things that are you know that cost money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean on the left was always balancing a sort of open society, you know, they wanted the Soros Foundation always wanted to have a free movement of people to That was sort of their view of why. One part why the Holocaust occurred is that you couldn't move you know, you know, at least the persecutions, you couldn't move people as easily. But then you had the working class, you know, who were negatively affected by bringing to migrants who would push down wages, and unions who are a big part of the Democrat party. So the Democrats were sort of divided on it for a while, but they managed it. And Hillary and Obama would sort of if you look at when they were competing in two thousand and eight, they were very carefully like there was a whole thing around like driver's licenses, whether she would give them or not, and obamacque Hillary of kind of playing both sides of it, you know, typical thing. But they also both spoke out strongly against mass migration. Fast forward ten years, you know, fast forward much more than that it was at sixteen years into today. And now you've got a much more working class Republican party who's unified around keeping the borders closed and restricting the supply of low income, unskilled workers, because I mean, it's just obvious. I mean it's it was really weird to watch people that are always defending supply and demand and economics and economic policy then say, oh, no, but having open borders and having all these working class people come in is going to have no impact on wages when obviously it would. And I think that's now that's also now gone. I think that's another thing that's just Trump has just changed. I don't think you're going to see Democrats going back to advocating that kind of mass migration again, right, But.
Speaker 1: You could see a world where they would push back against what has happened. What would they would say the barbaric nature of some of these ice raids, and then saying from this is a filter ice water, and that too. If you'd like, you don't have to not have your bottle. We don't care.
Speaker 2: Oh it's in the shot, No, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: We don't care, it doesn't matter, but you could see how they could go back to a much looser border policy.
Speaker 2: I think they won't. I think they won't. I think the closed border, I mean, I think that that sweet spot of public opinion is like people really want to close. I think it was just really.
Speaker 1: But I don't think public opinion supported an open border, even on the left, no, during those last four years. But yet they did it anyway. And they were moving people to blue states, they were moving people to swing states, they were flying people in, busting people. They were doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: Isn't that not? Also though, because the blue state governors were more welcoming of them.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of that. But there was also the idea that you're going to juice up the congressional seats because you're going to change the census.
Speaker 2: Maybe, although California lost seats right.
Speaker 1: Well, because California has done such a fucking terrible job of governing their state. It's so that place is so crazy, Like every time there's some new law that they're trying to push through, some new bill, and I'm like, do they just want everyone to leave?
Speaker 2: Well, they drove the billionaires out right, Yeah, I mean, I know they drove out of David Zacks came to Austin. I think Mark Zuckerberg moved to Florida. I heard rumors to Steven Spielberg. I don't know if that's I don't want to spread disinformation. I don't want to spread misinformation. But I heard he was leaving. But yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: The thing that drives me the most nuts is when these progressive talking heads staying they don't want to pay their fair share with the amount of waste and fraud. Why would you you don't think there should be some accountability to how much fucking waste and fraud that has been clearly demonstrated, Like the solutions just give more money, Oh when they can do it because they have it, So what you just give more money and now it's thirty billion dollars goes to homeless with no accountability, Like you what are you saying? Like, where do you think this money's gonna go where it's actually gonna help people in effect things in a positive way. There's been no indication that that's the case, That the real problem is they just haven't had enough money from the billionaires. That's fucking ludicrous. That ideas. It's such a lazy, intellectually lazy way of framing this whole discussion. That's saying, Oh, they don't want to pay their fair share, fuck you, that's not what's going on here. What's going on here. You have a completely incompetent government that's absolutely corrupt and they want more money. Oh yeah, gas is like eight dollars a gallon almost Now, oh that's bananas.
Speaker 2: They were going to shut down. I mean, the refiners are being shut down in that initiative. The Billionaire's Tax is an s CiU initiative, so meaning it's the union that covers healthcare workers like nurses. They're very radical, very radical left, and the money is to provide medicaid for undocumented immigrants. Like that's what they want it for, right, So like that's the whole thing, and so you literally get the This is like, this is why people worry about democracy. You get all the is very democratic, but you get these powerful unions and they're able to change the laws like that. I mean it's called the Curly effect because there was a Boston mayor named Curly who made everything so bad for his political opponents that they left. But the consequence was that he ended up gaining more power. So all of when everybody moves to you know, when all the like moderate Democrats moved to Austin or Miami or Denver or wherever, California just sends up locked in more to a progressive agenda, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the idea is that it's so good there that most people are just going to tolerate whatever new bullshit they throw your way.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. And also, I mean it seems like the tech community is now backing the San Jose mayor who's running, who's a very Democrat, very moderate, you know, but he's been critical of Gavin running for governor. Yeah, Matt mayhean, so keep your eyes on him. I mean, he's not he's not like maybe the most exciting guy, but he's definitely running as a moderate.
Speaker 1: That might be give some money exciting people are I.
Speaker 2: Know, they want he might be enough to I don't know, It's hard to say, but it does look like because I mean, look, there's plenty of the tech community only woke up politically in twenty twenty four. That's how long it took. And it really took things getting so bad where they were telling Mark Andresen as he said to you on your show, that they were shutting off whole parts of AI. The Bid administration was openly threatening AI and this huge new and you know, there's concerns. I'm not saying that there's not, but I think the I think at some point the tech community, which had been you know, either leaning Democrat, you know for a long time since the Obama era, you know, or wanted to stay out of politics because they just wanted to focus on their machines and their investments. They don't really want to be involved in politics. But they woke up in twenty twenty four, and so hopefully because it's not I mean, when you see what Soros has done and you really appreciate the power that one billionaire can have, you kind of go, why is there nothing like that, you know on the other side, Why is it so dominated by Soros? And so I hope that that's starting to happen. But yeah, when you start to chase out the billion and the billionaires just give up on California, then it's got to be whoever's remaining to try to put the money behind the guy that can get some change there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I mean, I don't see a pathway where California anytime soon turns around. I don't see how it could. I feel like it's the momentum has shifted so far in a terrible direction, and the solutions are always tax more, take more money from people. You see of this completely corrupt, irresponsible, fraud ridden, wasteful government that wants more of your money. And the solution is, if we take more money, we're gonna make things better, which is just insanity.
Speaker 2: I mean, things that can't go on don't. So I mean, you could see it, right, I mean, Matt, if it's say Matt Mahan or somebody more moderate gets into be governor, Rick Rusa runs for La mayor again, I mean, honestly, like if somebody can't defeat Karen Bass after she let Los Angeles burn away, which is now we now know for a fact was just totally preventable, Absolutely preventable, I was saying at the time, But now we know they tried to rewrite the report, but it's clear it was totally preventable.
Speaker 1: How did they try to rewrite thet.
Speaker 2: Well, the report, you know, said here's all the things that the fire department should have done that didn't happen. And ultimately, you know, the mayor is the one that chooses the fire chief and fires the fire chief, and the mayor was warned. They were warned, and she goes to Fli Staghana for this little junket presidential inauguration, paling around when she should have been in La with a at a command headquarters. And you know, and if she wasn't, then Gavin should have been. You know, Schwarzenegger, towards the head end of his administration, they would just mobilize planes full of water, you know, huge these those huge cargo planes full of water before there were fires, just to start to circulate, just to get ready to put stuff out. This idea that there was, this idea promoted that it was inevitable that the fires that oh, eventually it's just no, like it's absurd, Like, of course you can protect it with adequate fire. Oh, the pipes weren't big enough. No, like, maintain your reservoirs have water in them. Even the one that was like was like not repaired yet, which should have been repaired. They could have kept they could have air gapped the pipe so that it didn't contempate the water. Supply but left it for firefighting. They didn't do that. They didn't station the engines where they needed station. Nobody was on you know, it's like they're not taking responsibility, Like they weren't taking responsibility for it. So any way to the point being, get a new governor, you get a better mayor of l A. You've got a guy in San Francisco now who I think has still has a lot of potential. I mean this latest video, uh, you know, showing the chaos there, but you with that I think could fix him.
Speaker 1: Though it's his you know, the criticism of him as they walked away too casually, that's a big deal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I think there is a there is a way for California to come out. And my view is like, look, you've got it's it's on the tech billionaires they you know, and I know some of them have left and obviously they don't need it, but there's still a lot of billionaire rich guys in California that are perfectly cap of financing an alternative effort.
Speaker 1: The vote.
Speaker 2: Seventy five percent of San Francisco voters want to arrest people using fentanyl in public. They want to arrest them. Okay, that sounds so that's so taboo and progressive. That's seventy five percent of San Francisco voters. So the voters are not they're not the radical left. Some ways, they're radicalized and their hatred of Trump and the Trump Arrangement syndrome. But I mean everyone like Caruso and Mahon and anybody else there will all just be able to say they hate Trump like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they've seen the consequences of these policies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's people are people are really it's not like anything has changed that significantly.
Speaker 1: They will.
Speaker 2: In fact, when I interview people in San Francisco, they're a little reluctant to admit that's gotten better because I think they don't want to take any pressure off the politicians. So, I mean, I do think it's it's rescuable, but it's hard.
Speaker 1: When you say it's gotten better.
Speaker 2: Like how so mostly the encampments are being broken up. Now you see a little you see more of that sort of thing that we just saw on the video where there's like I call them, like a little more of like a nest, you know, there's just a little homes encampment It's like, yeah, the whole block that's in Oakland, that's in.
Speaker 1: Skid row, Oakland's nuts.
Speaker 2: Oakland is Oakland might not be savable. They had a chance to save themselves and they ended up voting for the wrong person from ay Or and it's just as bad as ever. So, but I think if you get San Francisco, LA and a new governor in place, I think you've got the makings to save it.
Speaker 1: But have you seen this video of this guy does the subscription of what's going on in Oakland and then drives across the county line into the next place and it's immediately all done. And you just see what the difference between two different forms of government and how it works.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that one, but I saw the one between Venice and Santa Monica. Yeah, I was there when the Venice and Santa Monica was someone like, You're like, why are there tents? Why aren't there any tents there? It's like that's Santa Monica. Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 1: Well there's still.
Speaker 2: Some Santa Monica got bad too.
Speaker 1: But they cleaned it up a little bit better. Yeah, but Venice is bananas. It's just but Venice is nothing. Compared to skid Else, skid Row is fifty blocks.
Speaker 2: Venue is okay, now, Venez is okay. Now, yeah, they cleaned that up pretty quickly, and then they and then the voters fired their city council member who represented them, who was total crazy radical chesabodeine level radical and replace them of a more moderate person.
Speaker 1: So, but yeah, it's so like when you go to the beach, it's not chaos.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I'm not gonna there's always it's but I mean remember before it was just it was tense everywhere. I mean it was everywhere, and it would dug in, you know, it was like crazy. So no, that's gone. But skid Row as bad as ever.
Speaker 1: Skid Row is fifty blocks. Fifty blocks is so crazy. Fifty blocks of tents and homeless people. When we first heard that, I was like, that's got to be wrong. It's probably five blocks. No, it's five zero fifty blocks. That's an enormous amount of land that's completely covered by homos encampus.
Speaker 2: There's like a whole genre of like of like influencers when they first visit skid Row, because everyone hears about it, and then you see like their their tweets, are just like there's like all I couldn't believe, Like I think it's like maybe Ben Shapiro or there's Verius conservative influencers who have gone to skid run there, Like I had no idea, There was a idea until you see it.
Speaker 1: There was a comic from the Comedy Store that filmed something. He went like undercover and he had like in this past, he had some I don't think I think currently he was sober when he did this, but he decided to go there and film and stay in one of these encampments just to show what it was like. And this is like two thousand six ish six ish somewhere around there, and it was fucking nuts even back then. And you know, we talked about the story of how skid Row with the whole Jerome Hotel and how it all it started. Skid Row was the place where they would take all the homeless people and all the people that were problematic, and they would move them there and keep them there. And the idea was that you just keep them out of Beverly Hills, keep them away from Hollywood. We're doing movies and we've got famous people walking around. We can't have homeless people atch them up, take them downtown and contain them. So they had them contained in this area and they call it skid row, and then it just kept getting bigger.
Speaker 2: It's not that different from the tenderline in the sense that those are places where those single resident those are the places where the really cheap hotels were. They were like often for like working, like working people that were in town temporarily, like temporary hotels. Some of them would just be cages. There were no walls, like you would just get your own little thatvels. How primitive they were, and then it'd just evolved over time and then they became all of them became subsidized for the homeless. But yeah, it's I don't think I think California. I think it's important. I think with Trump and again, like them or hate them or disagree, whatever, you see the potential of this country in particular to make a big change, and I think that it's ultimately resulted from an unleashing of you know, social media made it all possible, allowed for people to get you know, accurate information for the first time in a different paradigm. So I don't want to lose hope on the Golden State.
Speaker 1: But you lost hope on Oakland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but maybe I never had hope for Oakland.
Speaker 1: So at one point in Doma, Oakland was great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean Jerry Brown actually brought it up a bit, you know, got it more development there. But yeah, it's all about governance.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I guess Hey, can I use the bathroom? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure, we'll possible grab backpoks. I just sent Jamie something funny that someone just sent me about San Francisco. There's this guy I think he calls himself the gay Republican.
Speaker 2: The gay Republican.
Speaker 1: Probably there's a lot of those actually, but we shouldn't shock people.
Speaker 2: Their closet is about the Republican part. Now that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends on how wealthy they are. I mean some of them are pretty you know. Peter Teel pretty open about it.
Speaker 2: He will. He was, yeah about as Republicanism.
Speaker 5: Ran Transit, we refuse to release crime surveillance videos because it will make people racist. Releasing videos would create a racial bias in the writers against minorities on the trains. Why would it do that San Fran Transit, why would it? Why would it create a bias? Is there is there a reoccurring theme among the people committing crimes.
Speaker 2: You could say that about European crime statistics as well. That's also why the Germans actually in particular, but I think other European countries did not want to release right, but.
Speaker 3: They did get him out. They have come out now, so in the UK. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So let's move on to happier subjects. So what do you think about all this UAP talk. It's one thing that Trump has said that he's going to release whatever files that they might have on UAP's alien terrestrial beings, all this Jess I talked to Jesse Michaels about it. He is highly skeptical and he said the people that are involved.
Speaker 1: Are all old guard and you know, they're just it's just gonna be a bunch of horseshit.
Speaker 2: Maybe. I mean, just first of all, look, I mean I think, whatever you think about the phenomenon, this is amazing. I mean, the president just said he's going to release all these things. So, I mean, after decades of saying we're not interested in this, we're we're not following this, we're shutting down blue book. You know, there's nothing there. They're like he's saying so I mean that right there is I think amazing, and I thought the whole thing was amazing. Like Obama comes out and he goes, what, there's definitely aliens. Oh, but they're not under are fifty one unless they're hiding it from presidents, which is like a well established conspiracy theory. So to have Obama even say that, and then Trump comes up and he goes, he goes Obama revealed classified information with a little grin on his face because he's a little rivalry with Obama, I might help him out by declassifying. And then a few hours later he did, I mean, I what can't you like about that?
Speaker 1: I mean I think that, well, it's theater, that's what you can't like it.
Speaker 2: It's theater.
Speaker 1: But I mean, we just saw that thing really comes out. This is just another distraction to keep us from thinking about all the other things that are going on.
Speaker 2: But you can't be so, I mean, we should get into Epstein files too, because I do think I have a different view of Epstein now. But look, I just think we've been asking for more transparency like we had in this very brief period in the mid seventies with the Church Committee hearings, it really took a whole Watergate, It took something big. It's been over fifty years. We got a lot of Epstein files. Yes there's some missing, but we got JFK files, Amelia air hard files, and now we're gonna get some UFO files. Is it going to be everything? Of course not like there's just no way, you know. But I don't think like I think we should hold book. We should be happy that like there is an acknowledgment that there's a lot of government files and that there's some commitment to release them, because I do think like it's easier to get new Epstein files released after you have some Ebstein files released than if you have none. And I feel the same way about UFOs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's easier to get more UFO files released, but like release like.
Speaker 2: What do we want? So I think one of it is like what do we want? And I've been you know, I respect John Greenwald a lot. You run something called the Black Vault dot com where he has been foyering. He's been issuing you know, Freedom of Information Act requests on UAP, but also a ton of other issues since the mid nineties when he was like fifteen years old. He became obsessed with doing a Foyer requests and he has identified a number of documents that we know exist with redactions. One of them is the UAP Task Force, which has a line that just says potential explanations. You know, the first explanation is redacted, is blacked out, The second one is, you know some sort of natural phenomenon. Number three is blacked out, is redacted, unredact those. I mean, come on, guys, you can't tell me what we have to protect our sensor data. Come on, guys, I mean, like that's not sensor data. Tell us what the potential explanations are are in terms of the sensor data. John also made a great point. Do you remember when the Pentagon released the video of the Russian jet dumping fuel on one of our drones. There's like a famous video when they shows a hostile act by the Russians jumping fuel on our drone just recently, I mean must have been within the last year or so. So like they're not we do see they do release you know, warfare, various various times they do release things, and you can kind of go, okay, that means that we have I don't think what I'm saying is the main excuse has been not to reveal our methods for getting you know, if we're just talking about UAP here getting you know, photographs and video, we know that a huge amount of it exists. They haven't even released the full you know, Gimbal and Go Fast videos. There's a whole bunch of more video.
Speaker 1: Left really so just really yeah, so that the video that came out that those were whistle blower leaks.
Speaker 2: Right, Eventually they released them formally though the Pentagon did, so there's much more of that.
Speaker 1: So and the particularly started interrupting. But was it the gimbal or the Go Fast where there was many more crafts?
Speaker 2: I believe that there was. So there's three videos, right, it's Gimbal Go Fast and then what was the one where it moved the tiktak video moves down of the frame. My understanding is that there's significantly more video for all of those. And then I also minerstands also there's just a lot of other videos, particularly from those two incidents, certainly have there's so much more sensor data because we know those incidents had a lot more going on, right than just was filmed by those videos. So I think that now there is I was gonna say the UAP community, there isn't really an organized one, although Jesse's doing an amazing job of organizing it. We should be really specific and say, you know, here's what we want. I did a piece with John Greenwald. Representative Nancy Mace wrote an open letter to the intelligence and military community saying, here's a set of documents that we want to release. So I think the good news is we're like, look, the President said he wants this. We've identified a bunch of documents, identified a bunch of videos and film. Yeah, I mean, are they going to withhold stuff? Are they going to mislead? Probably? But that's been the story for eighty years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you saw the Age of Disclosure, right, Yes, of course. Okay, So I think they make a really good point in Age of Disclosure that if they did release things, the real problem is misappropriation of funds lined to Congress and the fact that some of these you would assume that the way these things are being handled, if they do have crafts, if they are if there is some sort of a back engineering program, that back engineering program is going to be held by a military contractor. So whatever the contractor is, whether it's you know, Rocket Dying or whoever has it right, you would imagine that the other competing groups would be very pissed off that they didn't have access to this thing, and they they could sue the misappropriation of funds lying to Congress. People could go to jail. Also, most likely fraud. There's got to be tons of fraud. If there's so much money that's being like shuffled away into these black ops projects, if there's no oversight, then who knows where the money's going right, And so there's a problem there. You open up the books and people go, well, why was there one hundred million dollar check written here? Where's the two point three billion that's missing here?
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm yeah, I have doubts now. I mean I have to say I didn't finish watching him, but you know, Jesse just dropped a video with him and Eric Weinstein and Eric.
Speaker 3: Dasas Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Eric Jesse, Yeah, so Jesse.
Speaker 1: Eric, I haven't seen that yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I found it. Really it really made me question whether there's any there there.
Speaker 1: What does Eric Davis do?
Speaker 2: Eric Davis, you know who he is. He's got the bushy Beard, and he's an age of disclosure and is part of the whole you know, Bigelow, you know that whole asap A tip. He was a I don't know it was exact, he was a he's a scientist, but he was sort of talking about because I think Eric Weinstein was asking these really hard questions like okay, well, like how many people are in this you know, reverse engineering program and what is it? And I just found his answer to be very thin.
Speaker 1: So I'm I haven't seen it, so I can't comment on that, but I know I just both skeptical and open mind at the same time.
Speaker 2: There is a like, yeah, I just I definitely think there's a lot more than they've revealed. I think my skepticism on the reverse engineering stuff. I mean, obviously there's crashed retrieval because they're just retrieving it could be foreign or they're retrieving something. The reverse engineering, I mean, if it's advanced tech, nuclear just took so much I mean I'm just familiar with the history of nuclear, just so much effort to create nuclear energy, and you'd have these huge there's a huge enterprise thousands of people if they're not I mean that's why I kind of go and I mean a whole other form of propulsion. I mean, it's just really it would require so many such a big bureaucracy. That's where I'm a little skeptical that that exists, because I don't know how you maintain a cover up that long. But I could be wrong. I mean, as you know, as people have pointed out, they've maintained secrecy of a lot of things for a really long time, so it's not inconceivable.
Speaker 1: But well, especially when you're dealing with government contractors and military contractors, they've done. I mean, they have a long history of keeping a tight lip when it comes to all sorts of top secret projects that they're working on.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's weird because like if you look at the UAP Task Force, which was created by people that had it, you know, it comes out of they have AWSAP and then a TIP and then UAP Task Force, and then they create ERA, which is much more like what Blue Book was, which is their whole point is to debunk and dismiss I think that's the whole point. It's just to say, we looked into it and there's nothing there. So then they and they cherry pick the cases like they don't actually deal with it, with stuff that they can't explain. That's what Earra's point is. But the UAP Task Force was people that seem genuinely interested in it, and they have potential explanations and three separate things. So that means that they didn't know themselves. And so I would think that if you if there was some reverse engineering program, then you would have a better idea than just three potential explanations.
Speaker 1: But that's assuming they actually got access.
Speaker 2: The up task force people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, because if they open themselves up for if they do have access, then you open up those questions misapprobation of funds lined Congress, military contractors having access to these vehicles. I would imagine that's too messy.
Speaker 2: They get very mumbly. They get very mumbly at that point. I find when you started kind of like well what is it? And how many people kind of it's a lot of like you know, I mean, that's how that's how that was my interpretation of this. I think that it's I'm much more with Jacques Valet's view of the phenomenon, and I think that it that they don't know what it is. I think they have a lot more photos and videos showing demonstrating this incredible phenomenon. But I'm not sure that they know what it is. And I'm pretty skeptical that they have a secret reverse engineering program just because I don't. I don't see how they how they would have carried it out for this long because Jesse's theory of courses that it would date back to the set to the fifties. Yeah, and it just there's just too many possibilities for too many deathbed confessions from people to reveal this knowledge.
Speaker 1: So but don't you think you would keep a really close watch on anyone who had any access to any of these things, and that would be very threatening to them, like Bob Bazaar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. You believe Bob Zaar.
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah, I don't know what he was working on, whether or not it was ours or something else or what, But I don't think he's a liar. He's had the same story forever.
Speaker 2: Well, then we should go demand the documents. I mean, that would be something where we just need to be like, look, these are the documents that we want, and it's on this place these years.
Speaker 1: Well, one of these that Bob said is he thinks some of the documents that he was shown were horseshit, and he thinks it's on purpose. He thinks they're that those fake documents, that the fake narratives are a hook so that if somebody does spill the beans, they know exactly who would who was doing it, because they could point to like maybe if you're involved in you know, X program, they give you some bullshit narrative on top of the real truth. Right, they'll make up some stuff right that way if you really well the government told me X, and you go, oh, okay, he learned it from this. He's a part of this program. Now we've narrowed it down to two hundred and fifty employees, let's start scouring these people.
Speaker 2: Counter intelligenestions. Yeah, counter intelligence, Yeah, I mean it seems like that. So you know the MJ twelve document, Yes, there's one of them. That is this incredible document. I mean, just if it's a forgery, most people, I think think it's a forgery or it's a hoax, whatever, it's so well done. It's the manual on extraterrestrial crash retrieval with different morphologies. You ever seeing this, No, it's amazing. Document like I spent when a long rabbit hole. Look, I would say, most upologists think it's fake. So it's not even me. I what's incredible about that they show like you know, like the old books and that from the library. They'd show who checked it out, they had all these names. Isn't So then you kind of go like, the only people really, I mean, it seemed like the level of sophistication to create this would have been the government, And so then you're sort of like, well, why would they have done that. One of the answers is it was just this is called passage material to be able to detect counterintelligence activities. I'll tell you another one that I can't quite figure out. I mean, there's a lot of effort to and why that narrative. Another thing I was people say is will go, well, they're using the UAP stuff as cover for secret weapons programs, And You're like, well, why would that work as cover? And they go, well, because then then it's a way to distract attention. I was like, why would that distract attention? Wouldn't that attract attention? You go, don't if you as opposed to like within the military, like, look, we don't this is this is secret research, you know, that's really important national security. We don't pay attention. Instead, they're like, oh no, this is UFO crash retrieval, so don't pay attention to it. That seems like you're a recipe for creating more interest in UFOs. So there's a lot of things that the government has done where you're like, it's almost like assuming that is by the way that we know that, Like we know that the government, the US Air Force, did you know in the early eighties make this guy Paul Benowitz go crazy who was seeing things over Kurtland Air Base and then this guy Richard Dodie.
Speaker 1: You know how they make them crazy.
Speaker 2: They would be feeding him all this information convincing them of an alien attack, and he basically ended up going crazy from it. It's this amazing story told by this by this book Mirage Men also documentary, and you look at you kind of go and they go, well, it was to cover up a secret weapons program at Kurland Airbase. And it's like it's like I'm not I'm not even disbelieving it, but it's like that's just such a like why would that be the best way to do that? And why would you be so sure that that wouldn't attract interest from people rather than distracted. So there's a bunch of things that don't make sense. And so even if it is all, you know, which is the skeptic view, you know, is that it's some combination of government disinformation, sci fi you know, dreams, hypnosis, hypnogogic states, and then and then kind of the power of belief.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I just reviewed this new book on Barney and Betty Hill, where the author thinks that it was that that really was a combination of her it was the stress of being an interracial couple, her nightmares, and then hypnosis where they then canfabulate this whole story. That's the basic skeptic view is that it was sort of but the government's involved in it. And that's always strange because you're like the government and Barney Hills, no, no in the in the UFO, in creating in the uf assuming that they did the m J twelve or somebody the m J twelve, but certainly in the case of.
Speaker 1: Why would they have any organizations, why would they have anything right, why would they have.
Speaker 2: Why would you be why would you be doing thing like the thing with like the Paul Dodi and the Paul Benowitz or the Richard Doty and Paul Benowitz, is like, why why was that the best I mean, it's just why was that the best way? Like somebody observes strange activity of over Kurkland Air Base and they discover this, why was that the right approach? I don't follow it. And you had aj gentile who did the stuff on crop circles. We saw they saw military disinformation around those activities in Britain. So you see a lot of.
Speaker 1: Crop circle things weird, really weird, because you want to just write it off. I mean I wanted to write it off. I'm like, oh, this guy's with boards, they're making designs. But then you see some of the designs and how the wheat is actually woven, and how they have these exploded nodes almost like they're microwaved, and they've examined these things and it seems like there's some energy that's created these things. And also the sheer size and scale of some of these things with no footprints leading into them or out of them, and just the geometric precision of some of them that it's really weird. Like there's of course it's eyewitness accounts. It's hard to know if they're being accurate. But people who've flown over areas where there's nothing there flown back two hours later and there's these football field size Mandel brought sets.
Speaker 2: There's the Julia set over next to Stonehenge was the one that the guy flew over and there was nothing there, and a couple of hours later there was the Julia set, which is a spectacular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's incractle right, I'll tell you it's creditor precision.
Speaker 1: That's what's really as much precision as you can get by folding over wheat. But when you look at it like from above and it you know, you don't get to the micro You're looking at these things that like they really do scale in a fractal way. It's very fucking strange and difficult to reproduce. You would imagine something like that would take a long fucking time to plot out and plan. You would take multiple people, You'd have to measure and remeasure, you'd have to have some some sort of tools and instruments, not just to fold over the wheat, but if you're gonna interweave the wheat, Like what is your method of doing that, and how are you doing it where you know this one is one dimension and then the next one is precisely three fifths of that dimension, next one is slightly and they're fractal.
Speaker 2: Well, it gets really even weirder than that. So you know, I just described this case of this Air Force kind of intelligence guy driving this guy Paul Bennott's crazy at career effort. That book is written by Mark Pilkington. Mark Pilkington is one of two guys that claim to have created all the crop circles. The other guy's a guy named John Lunberg. AJ, in his video about the crop circles accuses John Lundberg again the circle they called the Circle Makers. They have a website they KEP updated. He accuses him of being a British intelligence agent. AJ does, or at least he strongly implies it. And part of that is because there was a bunch of weird stuff on the website about m I five and the CIA. And then Lundberg went to a school. This is all very circumstantial, so I'm not defending. I'm just saying what AJ said. Then Lundberg went to a school that shares a courtyard with with m I with an I five campus or in my five training area. I asked Mark, I have like a three I have like three hours of interviews with Mark, who I'm really interested, really interesting person. I asked him directly if they had any connection to military intelligence. He said, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: It's hard to which is what you would say.
Speaker 2: Well, of course you're allowed to say it if you are, but I'm not making any accusations. But yeah, I mean, he claimed that they made all of them, and you know, there's some of them. Have you ever seen the massive there's one that was absolutely massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pull some of them up, Jamie so we can get there's.
Speaker 2: The Julius said that there's another. There's another one us so big it's really hard to see. But he said that he wasn't at that one. Yeah, that's like famous, that's the Julius SAIDs of gorgeous. Well the big one right there is in the middle, that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, just I mean, these are enormous. Yeah, go full screen on that. It's they're so big, and I mean the amount of precision involved in them is kind of spectacular.
Speaker 2: Now, Mark denies that they have exploded nodes, and he did that they're interwoven. Aj says that they are definitely interwoven and have exploded nodes, And there was even an article in Science magazine, which you know, argues that they were made by humans, but that they they point out the exploded nodes, So yeah, maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: What's weird too, is there's like, how did you do this? What's the where's the evidence of people trampling through this with equipment? No, it's all missing, Like it's strange. And then also no one's caught doing them.
Speaker 2: How about the here's the other one? I asked Mark about this and he didn't know about it, But do you know the Pie one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was apparently I'm pretty sure it's the first time that it was a visual explanation of pie. That's my understanding of it. Now, maybe maybe there's someone I haven't seen anything earlier than that, but that's like, on its own, is really amazing that that was the first time that they had created a visual representation of pie. Yeah, and complete with like the yeah, that's it. It's like there's a there's another image that will show how it is pie, probably that one right there. Yeah, And so that's a extremely sophisticated.
Speaker 1: Extremely I mean imagine the type of intelligence that you'd have to possess to pull this off and then not let anybody know that you did it. And it's just for funsies, just for funsies in a field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's And then you know, these MIT researchers went out, that's also part of it, and they tried to do it and it just wasn't it wasn't nearly as good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it is very fucking weird. Yeah, it's very weird. And but the whole UFO thing is very weird. It. You know, the Jacques Vallet books are very interesting, and I've read three of his books so far, and I've had him on a couple of times, and the last time I had him on, I really went on a deep dive and I read two of his books right before he came on. And one of the more interesting things is the really old stories, like the stories from the seventeen hundreds, the eighteen hundreds, where they lack the context of spaceships, the idea behind it, like none of that stuff exists. But yet you get almost at least you could say, oh, I could understand how they would be describing it this way, But it's kind of the same thing that other people have been describing the Zimbabwe story a lot of these other stories. It's kind of the same story over and over and over again, which makes you go, Okay, well, what does it have to be from outer space? Or is it possible that there is something here that is like far older than us that has somehow or another removed itself from our view or is.
Speaker 2: It social contagion and people? I mean, I've always stuck by it's always like the aliens always are like, all protect your environment and avoid nuclear war. It's like, oh, thanks, Like we didn't know we needed to do those until you guys showed up, and it makes more sense. Is like you could see it as a I mean, I got very into I haven't an interviewed her yet, but I'm about to. There's as an anthropologist at Stanford named Tanya Lherman, and she's done this incredible work on religions where she like anthropol like good anthropologists and also this guy Bowman, like they they're agnostic on whether or not like those beings are real, Like they're just like we're really interested in like the culture and the psychology and the experience of it. But she had this she she was like, did her field work with magicians and witches in England? You know, like you know, like modern witches and not magicians like magic tricks, but like the old who's the famous magician like Gandalf? No, no, the British one Merlin, right, but like the old style right like. But they were like so she didn't really believe in it, but she would. They were like, you have to practice witchcraft in order to do this, And she had like multiple anomalous experiences, one of them that she woke up and there was five druids in her room beckoning to her. And people are like, is it a dream? And she's like, no, it's not a dream. She had in their instance where they were trying to like conjure energies to like turn off to like shut down her watch, and she felt a huge energy surg through and shut off her watch. And her point is that she thinks that the practice we put too much focus on the beliefs. But she says, like the practices themselves. I don't know if she would say conjure. I also interviewed Dinna Pasilk on it. They would say more like reveal these different realities. So they're much more. It's a very interesting set of work because they're not they're not trying to answer the question of whether the druids were really in her room or not. I mean, the watch thing, you know, apparently definitely happened, but.
Speaker 1: Apparently definitely is a weird way.
Speaker 2: Apparently to her.
Speaker 1: I know, but you know what I'm saying, it's like show me man. The conjuring thing is strange because that's a reoccurring theme. You go outside and you have like these experiences where you say, I'm not afraid comes show show yourself to me, and given enough time, with enough intention, apparently things will appear in the sky.
Speaker 2: My favorite one is the black guy talking about yahweh who where the local ABC newscaster goes out and it's gonna be one of those hah ha. This guy thinks that he can conjure UFOs and they go out with him and he conjures an ORB. Do you ever see that one? No, that's like an incredible That's like one of my favorite of those videos. And the newscasters like, uh, he called literally they see him calling his I think it's like an NBC affiliate or an ABC affiliate somewhere Jamie can probably find it, but if it's uh, he literally calls his boss the newscasters. Like all the story has turned out a little differently than I thought. It's like one of my favorites. I'm sure you could say, oh, it's a balloon or whatever, but like comes in and out. I mean, it's really and it comes right as he's calling it.
Speaker 1: That's the weird things. I've talked to multiple people that have actually done this. Oh people, it's gone say a lot with these you know, air quotes experts, and they go out to some deserted area and you call these things.
Speaker 2: There's a second guy, white guy that also does it, and Reuters did a whole story on him because apparently there's a whole bunch of people around that they saw it. And of course Jake Barber, who's this formers you know, contractor, helicopter pilot contractor for Special Forces, announced that he was going to go and conjure UFOs and bring one down. They're just sitting right up there.
Speaker 6: We met up with Prophet Yahweh seer of Yahweh Do a little park off Lake Mead. We picked the day, we picked the time, and we picked the location everyone's gonna think you're absolutely nuts.
Speaker 2: Well I thought I was absolutely.
Speaker 6: Nuts until he says he saw UFOs over the years, fifteen hundred of them.
Speaker 2: Before we make it one five hundred and one today. What do you think I'll try it? He says.
Speaker 1: The voice in his head.
Speaker 6: Told him to go public now, So we took him up on his offer. Then we scanned the skies, nothing but a few clouds. When the prophet started praying for a sighting. I wasn't exactly convinced.
Speaker 7: I pray, oh yah, Wade, that you sent a sighting, so that they didn't know that I am not mentally ill. I am not a false prophet like those who seek to kill me say I am.
Speaker 2: Oh oh brother, Look at it. There it is.
Speaker 6: You can barely see it, a white speck. Then another sighting.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: I got it. I got it, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Photo journalist Jonathan Hawkins locks in on it. Let's take a closer look.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 6: It's an orange sphere that appeared out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I call the boss.
Speaker 6: With an unexpected change in my story, I could see it as clear as day. In fact, it's bright, I can't it's it's moving pretty fast.
Speaker 2: It's gone to Nello Us base.
Speaker 1: It wants to be seen.
Speaker 6: We called Nelly's to see what these things might be.
Speaker 2: Guess what.
Speaker 6: They didn't call us back, But this thing started coming back toward us, coming toward us. Now, I think, what see it's coming up toward us.
Speaker 1: Whoa man? Oh yah.
Speaker 6: A few seconds later it disappeared.
Speaker 2: Is going back up in space.
Speaker 6: Prophet Yahweh isn't concerned. He says it'll be back.
Speaker 1: I would take this more seriously if that guy didn't have your reporter voice.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. As far the charm of it. I think it's I love it because I don't. I don't think you can. I don't think it's gonna convince any skeptics. But it's like one of the few things in our in our world where it inspires a set of like wonder and a set of awe. And you know, for those of us that struggle with our face, it's inspiring because it is sort of a spiritual like I mean, he calls himself yahwah, right, so there's like he didn't It wasn't about like gray aliens or whatever. It's just something else. And that's what I mean about like, why more. Valet his work explains all of this much better and than the sort of the extraterrestrial hypothesis did, and he's had that since sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Well, I think what he does best is not explain it.
Speaker 2: Yeah he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there really isn't an explanation. But here's what we know.
Speaker 2: He calls it a control system though, Yeah, which is sort of like I asked Diana, I was like, is that How is that different from God? Because he's sort of a control system. That is his view is that there's a control system that's evolving human consciousness and it will manifest different things or in relationship with the humans over time. And so he looks at the you know, the apparition that Maria or Saint Mary apparitions in Spain, and the airships of the late nineteenth century where people saw these things that looked like the Zeppelins even though they hadn't been invented yet. All of these things, he says his views, they're sort of being sort of produced in some relationship as well with our culture. That's Valet's argument, and that sounds a lot like God in some ways. When you say control system, right.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Like, is it a higher life form that is monitoring us? Like that? That's the version of religion for a lot of these people that are really interested in aliens, like that there's some advance being that's making sure we don't fuck everything up completely.
Speaker 2: Certainly for me that's my interest. I mean, I like, again, this anthropologist Lherman, you know, she says, you know, William James is this famous Harvard psychologist wrote a book about the varieties of the religious experience in nineteen oh two, and he says everybody wants to kind of be like is it real or not real? Is like this world just what we see? And he says, I think there's something more. There's not so this this very you know, skeptic or debunker thing, which is like, oh no, it's just got to be a that thing's got to be a bird or it's a It's like, well but it really you haven't just calling it that. And as they point out, it's like they showed up when they wanted to. I mean, it's a pretty amazing If it's just a coincidence, it's a really amazing one. And so I think for me, it's like, because I am a Christian and it is hard to believe in an all powerful and all good God because he obviously allowed the Holocaust to occur and allows terrible things to act her. But I love that that segment, and there's I love. There's another one I love right now. It's like a British woman in the fifties doing an interview about seeing what she calls a Mexican hat ufo over her house and the kids saw it, and she and everybody in the village made fun of her and they really killed her. And she's like, but it's you know, but it's I saw it and it was real and it was like it's like those are like our those are spiritual experiences. I think. So I don't know that. Like I want the files released from the government. I'm also skeptical that it's going to tell us what it is because I think at some level we're not supposed to get more much more information about what it is. I think it's where something else is going on, or maybe it's having a positive effect. I think it's I think one of the somebody's people get really mad at UFO believers, like skeptics get really like angry, like how do they There's just you know whatever, they gets so mad and I'm always like, but like, how often do you see them causing real harm or problems? I mean we had one cult where they you know, like a few people killed themselves, but for the most part the balls off first. Yeah great, so you know UFO Like, for the most part, UFO people are INNTERI in UFOs are dreamy, seekers, spiritual, and I think it's I think it's wrong to I think it's lovely and wonderful and it reminds us of you know, that we're small. On the one hand, we're humble about our knowledge, and there's just surrounded by mystery. I mean, you're so much of your career and this this platform has been to allow us to talk about things that are unexplained and that or where the explanations don't really seem to explain it. There's something more, as as William James wou say, there's something more. And I think that the denial of anything more, this idea that oh we know everything and we know where we won't know anything. It's just crazy.
Speaker 1: But that those people are silly. They're more silly than the believers because this this idea that like, look if there is a if you have a completely novel experience, like say, if you are Commander David Fraber and you encountered this tic tac shaped object that's over something that appears to be a ship that's under the water. This thing takes off at a absolutely preposterous speed that is documented both in radar and visually and on camera. Right, so they've got video of this thing moving. They say that it went from above fifty thousand feet above sea level to sea level in less than a second, which would require more energy than the entire United States produces in a year in order to get an object to move that quickly, and it does that with no heat signature. Okay, if this is all true, just that alone. Now imagine you have this completely novel experience. And because I haven't had it, and you haven't had it, and Jamie hasn't had it, well it's very simple and easy to dismiss it. But if this happened, what do you expect the person to do? What do you expect a decorated pilot in the Navy, a guy who has a rock solid record, who is there's nothing about him that screams that he's a kook, where he's mentally ill, and when you talk to him, he's incredibly meticulous, very intelligent, very disciplined.
Speaker 2: Well, his face it looks like he had a spiritual experience. He's a smile on his face. I went to the when I was in Deli, I went to the Jaine temple and I went to the Hindu temple. And I'm not Jane, I'm not Hindu, but I had a look on my face that reminds me that sort of that's sort of that sort of like that starry eye, the look in your face where you've experienced the wonder and the awe of being alive and we're on this planet and we don't really understand it all, but it's beautiful and it's okay. And I think that that's the spiritual I mean, that's where it's like he's been touched by I don't you know. I'm not imposing this, but he's sort of touched by God in some way, but touched by something and it's not something extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the thing, look, I think the other thing you read that environment, you're like that thing dominance in that environment. So on the one hand, it's call it technological spiritual dominance, you know, so, but that's for me. What's what's special about it? And I think it's not gonna go away, And I don't think we're going to get to the answer.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think the government. How could the government, you know, I don't think they know. And I don't even if they even if there was some contact, I don't know if that would really tell you all the answers.
Speaker 1: Well, what I could imagine is that they have acquired both eyewitness, video, radar, all all the various sensors data, and they have done this with multiple instances of these things, and they are trying to assess what this is, and they have a long standing study of these things that would both be disturbing and confusing to a lot of people and disruptive to society. I'm sure you're well aware of how put Off and what happened with him during the Bush administration where they brought him in and they essentially told how put off. Now this is assuming How's telling the truth, and I have no reason to think he's lying. They brought him in and a bunch of other scientists and a bunch of other thinkers and said I want you to create a chart. On one side, list the positive aspects of disclosure, and the other side, what are the negative ratifications of disclosure? Government, religion, the finances, all the different things that could happen in the world, and the negatives outweighed the positives, and they decided not to disclose. But the premise that he was brought in with this was saying, we have acquired physical crafts that are not of this world, we have biological entities that are not of this world, and we are part of some sort of a back engineering program. We want to release this information. What would happen if we did? And their conclude usion was chaos.
Speaker 2: Trump Trump didn't seem to go through that checklist and come with the same answer.
Speaker 1: I don't think he got that memo.
Speaker 2: But also I do think it isn't I think I think he ignores the memos from experts in general.
Speaker 1: Right, if he was in office and that was the case and they came to him, and you know, and someone like Tucker or someone that's influential to him could sit down with him and talk to him and he thought it would gain their favor, he might just release it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a wild because on the one hand, it looked like it was spontaneous, but I think they had you know, Laura Trump, who's like someone that's like a trusted family member who's like really competent. Like they sent her in to like take over the RNC and fix it and fire all the people and get their get their loyalists in there. She was out there talking saying that, you know, oh Trump is. I was hearing a lot of noise, but it wasn't from people that I trusted, so I didn't report anything on it. But I was hearing a lot of noise too that Trump administration was considering doing something, but you didn't know. I didn't if it was circular reporting. But I thought the Laura Trump thing was interesting because I don't think I don't see her as sort of a She's not just speculating or bullshitting, you know, she's a trusted you know.
Speaker 7: I.
Speaker 2: Trusted source for that. So she said that, and then Obama was asked about and then Trump made that announcement. So I don't know what they have planned. You know, we were pushing on the intelligence community privately to release the stuff and it was going nowhere.
Speaker 1: The Obama thing was nuts because the guy didn't have any follow up questions.
Speaker 2: That was that was part of what was really weird about. Also, they put it in a speed round, like why would you put it in his speed round?
Speaker 1: Which is probably why he didn't have follow up questions if you think about it that way. But I mean, that's just a massive dropping of the ball. Well, the guy says, aliens are real? How do you know? How do you know? Is the next question right, it's right there. How do you know aliens are real?
Speaker 2: Well, yesterday the day after then he said, oh, I just meant theoretically, and there's life in the universe.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't you ask that so you catch them on the spot instead of when it becomes this big viral moment and that everybody's talking about it. And then he comes up with a rational explanation for why he said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and he told Obama told one of the late night hosts. I can't remember if it was Kimmel or Colbert or somebody, but he said. They said something like, tell us what you know, and he said, I you know, I can't tell you. There's things I can't tell you. So, I mean, he obviously knows more than he.
Speaker 1: Said right, Otherwise he would say there's nothing.
Speaker 2: And then Trump said that he knows more. It was very interesting.
Speaker 1: You know, I talked to Trump about it. Yeah, he won't tell you. Shit, a lot of things move around, knows of things. There's a lot of it's very crazy.
Speaker 2: But you know, he won't tell you. He said they weren't going to release the Epstein files and that came out. So I just kind of go, no, I have a different I don't know if you want to get in it, but I have a different view of Epstein than I think I did well.
Speaker 1: Before we get into that, you know Tucker's thoughts on this whole UFO UAP thing. He thinks they're like angels and demons from the Bible, and he thinks that they're they've always been here, and you know, I'm sure you're aware of like the Book of Enoch. The Book of Enoch, which was one of the original Biblical texts that wasn't included in the Cannon, but just because of a few rabbis decided it didn't jibe with the Torah, and they found the Book of Enoch along with the Book of Isaiah as a part of the Dead Sea Scrolls. And when when you find out that there was a biblical text, that there was contemporary to books that did make it into the Old Testament, and that they talk about the Watchers who come from above and mate with humans and create this race of giant giants called the Nephelin who destroy everything and consume everything. And you're like, what the fuck is this? Like what is this? And just stop and imagine if those rabbis hadn't dis like, if that hadn't been excluded. Like Wesley hopf it is great talking about this stuff. He's a real historian when it comes to, you know, really understanding the history of these biblical texts, and you know, and he's absolutely fascinated by it. And he's like, yeah, yeah, it's kind of crazy that they just decided to not put that in the Bible. Imagine if they did. And part of when you're going to church and they you know, they're going over the Old Testament, like Okay, this week we're gonna go over the Book of Enoch and we're going to figure out who the watchers are, Like what do you what is that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What is that story? The crazy thing that Wes Huff told me was that the Book of Isaiah that they found in the Dead Sea scroll predates the oldest version of the Book of Isaiah by more than a thousand years. When they found it, they found out that there was a Book of Isaiah that is a thousand years older than the one they thought was the oldest one. And it is verbatim. It's verbatim from the one that's a thousand years later. Wow, which is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But then it's also in the same fucking caves as the Book of Enoch. It's all together there in the Dead Sea scrolls amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've had this, we've been fed this story that sort of all of these religions and myths from the past are all just false, right, They're all just hallucinations, they're all just lies.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: It's just really uh, it's really air actually, Like it's like, well, no, now, like we've been around for human around for like millions of years, but the last one hundred and fifty years is like we really figured it all out, and we figured out that all human knowledge before you know whatever some recent time period is nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's quite arrogant.
Speaker 1: It's very arrogant, but I all, look, I'm a believer that history is far older than we think it is. I'm and I think the more time goes on, the more that gets revealed. So when you're talking about something that's four or five thousand years old, I think, really you're talking about a retelling of a far older story. And I think there's it's very difficult when you're dealing with people that don't have an understanding of science. The written language is fairly new. It's an oral tradition for generations before it's ever written down. So my question with all of this is always like, what were they trying to talk about? What were they trying to say? What was the original experience that someone documented in story? And then that story was relayed over and over and over again, generation after generation until it's eventually written down, and then they study it and take it literally and then also translating it from Aramaic, which is the Dead Sea Scrolls, ancient Hebrew, all these different languages, to Latin and Greek and eventually English, Like, but what's the original story? Like? What are they trying to document? What is this important knowledge that they want to share? And how screwed up. Would that get over the generations and generations of talking about it, But what ultimate truth is in there? Like, I'm absolutely fascinated by the story of Jesus Christ because if you wanted to come up with a way that people would live that would absolutely be far more beneficial than just going on natural instincts and tribal behavior, and you would follow Jesus's teachings, like, I can't find a flaw in the way he tells you to live life. There's a lot of religions that involve, you know, torturing non believers and raping infidels and being able to do terrible things to the people that don't believe your religion. There's none of that in Christianity. It's all forgiveness. It's all treating your brother as in your neighbor as if they're you. Like, it's a beautiful way to live life.
Speaker 2: Are you Christian?
Speaker 1: Well, I go to church. I have been for quite a while. Okay, so I've been doing it for the last three or four years.
Speaker 2: But that's not really an answer to the.
Speaker 1: Question, because I don't know. I think it's very interesting and I do believe that if you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, you will live a better life. I really do believe that. And one of the things I talk about is like, the people that I go to church with are the most fucking polite people I've ever met in my life. They're so kind and so nice, and everybody lets you out of the parking lot. Everybody's like it's like the one point it works, you know what I'm saying, Like, if people are trying to find an idea, does that mean I believe people came back from the dead. Does that mean I believe Moses part of the Red Sea? Not really, No, it seems like that's most likely a story where people are telling it generation after generation after generation, but there was probably something happening. There's probably some truth to it. Then you take into account some of the stories from the Old Testament, like the Book of Ezekiel, which I'm absolutely fascinated by Book of Ezekiel and his account of the wheel within a wheel and the fire flashing forth continually and in the midst of the fire as it were, gleaming metal, Like what the hell is that? Like? What is that? Like? What are these stories? And in the midst of this gleaming metathers, the likeness of four living creatures like, okay, they darted to and fro, like the appearance of a flash of lightning. Okay, what is that? Like? What are they? What were they trying to say? Saying? What was the original experience that people documented that was so important?
Speaker 2: And it might have been a lot more similar to these UFO experiences.
Speaker 1: That's the point. Yeah, I think this is what one of the things that Tucker goes back to.
Speaker 2: The Christian story is so beautiful and so important. You known, Gerard's view of of Christianity is really stopping the cycle of scapegoating, you know, scapegoating where and I'm seeing it right now. As part of the reason we've been pushing back against the moral panic on Epstein is that you scapegoat the thing, you know, traditionally literally was a goat, but you scapegoat the person or whatever. Originally it really was a good Yeah, it was good. Yeah, really would carry the sins of the community.
Speaker 1: Are you sacrificing you?
Speaker 2: I think you would send it away to die or something.
Speaker 1: But over time yeah, yeah, interesting. Yeah, And the general where the devil goats or everything goats get a bad rap.
Speaker 2: Goods are in your lobby, aren't they or those elk No.
Speaker 1: Big difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean so Christianity puts an end to that. It says, stop scapegoating. I mean they escapegoated Jesus. Really, I mean you kind of go that, you scapegoat the way. The purpose of the scapegoating was to was for this the community to unite the community and and scapegoat to put all of its sins on one thing and then kill it or get rid of it. And that was the way the community would restore unity. And Christianity said, no, we're not going to do it that way. That's that's immoral. And so you know, he with the you know, without sin, should be the first castle stone. Jesus wasn't saying that prostitution was good or anything. He was saying that we should not be scapegoating. You know, you've got sins too, so don't scapegoat this person. That's a really radical moment in human history, and it really is what allowed humans to spread. It creates the universal. I mean, Christianity is the first universal is really universal religion. Maybe it's not the only, but it's a universal religion. It says everybody you know, as a child of God's and it's evangelical, and it wants other people to become Christian. That's very that's different from other other religions when I'm like, this is my God and I've got my own God here and we're the best, and.
Speaker 1: You suck and they make it very difficult to join.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's not to say that Christians. You know, obviously there was you know, fighting the Muslims, and there's some interesting revisionism there. But it's a beautiful religion.
Speaker 1: So there's terrible things that have been done under the gush of Christianity, but if you listen to the teachings of Jesus Christ, they're not following his teachings. So it's like it's just human behavior that they have tagged on to Christianity. So when people say Christianity is responsible for horrible atrocities, I say no, I say humans are because if you if it was actually Christianity, you would be following the teachings of Christ and there would be none of those things.
Speaker 2: I mean, anti Semitism is not Christian, right, so true Christianity is not that. So I think it's lovely and I hope there's a revival of some of it. I'm not sure there.
Speaker 1: I think there is more now than before. There's a lot of young people that are getting into into Christianity.
Speaker 2: I think it's good to I think it's also I mean, it's interesting with you we're hearing at the UFO thing. It's an awareness that there's a higher power. So one can sort of say, look at the UFO thing. It's not the same as Christianity or whatever, but this awareness that like we're not like, there's something else going on, there's something more, there's something higher than us than that we should be humble in front of in the face of this just gigantic mystery. I think that puts us in a better mentality.
Speaker 1: It certainly does. And if anything, if he's not the son of God, if this was an actual historical figure, what an insanely wise human being who didn't have these thoughts that are inherent to all of us of vengeance and lust and greed. He has none of these.
Speaker 2: So radical. Also, you've heard it said before that you should, you know, love your friends and hate your enemies. I say to you, you know, you should love your enemies. I mean, that's just it's like the hearts. I'm not there. I think very few people are there, but it's certainly the right aspiration, is yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's the right aspiration. And Tucker thinks that this whole UFO thing is somehow connected to the spiritual realm and that.
Speaker 2: We're well because we've been told for so long that there is no spiritual realm, That spiritual realm is just a mental illness, right, you know, it's love how he's like the yahweh thing.
Speaker 1: He's like the problem that people that tell you that are all mentally ill, they're all very unhappy, like atheists, like secular like hardcore atheists are some of the most unhappy, depressed people I know. I don't see like incredibly happy unless they do a lot of mushrooms, and those people tend to not be atheists anymore. That's the one weird thing. People that have had like intense breakthrough psychedelic experiences one of the first things that go, maybe maybe there is a God, Like maybe maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, because if I just experienced that, and that's a real thing that you could have while alive on earth, where you are confronted with divine wisdom and love and some weird, strange form and when there's a lot of people that believe that that's the source of a lot of religious experiences, and instead of alienating and making those things illegal, we should study them and make them a part of the religious experience because it's probably what they were originally.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, and so now that people are having spiritual experiences with UFOs, it's wonderful and they should talk about them and kindle them. I think the thing about psychedelics that's so interesting is that my experience with them was that you become you don't become so attached to your ideas and your beliefs, right, and so which is a big problem in our society is people that get too attached to their their egos, get attached to their beliefs as opposed to like, oh I thought that. I mean I've made I've made my whole career out of being wrong about things and then correcting them. But I think it's hard because that you do, it's really a great it's thank you, it's a very but it's still I hate it. I hate being wrong. It's totally natural to hate it. But I do think like having a practice that makes you go you are not your your beliefs. There's something there. You have an existence separate from the things that you wrote on your blog or you were on an X, and don't be so attached to.
Speaker 1: Them, right, don't make them your identity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it's actually, there's something really quite. There's an awful part of when you feel like you got wrought something wrong, but then there's another part wre like call it feels good to get it right and you feel clean, and that's like, that's what we should be going for. But it does require for me being humble about my limitations before some higher power is really important place to begin, because if you think there's no higher power or that the other one is like souls, we don't talk about souls enough. A new friend of mine at the university was talking about how important it is to really to care for your soul and to care about other people's souls. That's one of the things that Christianity is so good at, that you have something divine inside of you connected to something divine side of you, and that your behaviors affect its treatment and it you know, when you tell people that you're just you know, a meat suit and you're just warm food and your life doesn't matter, and that it's all just you know, random and pointless. That's a terrible story. It makes people feel terrible, but when you kind of go, know you there was one of the most beautiful I loved all the Charlie Kirk videos that went out after his death because there were so many onces where he had these beautiful moments. But he's talking to these women that are doing the only fans did you see that one? Yea, and they're describing they're trying to shock him and saying just really kind of crude things about their sexuality and how like the sex they have it doesn't matter to them. And he was like, I just don't believe that. I think you have a soul. I think God has a purpose for you. What a much lovelier way to engage somebody. And it wasn't a you didn't feel like he was morally condemning them, right, he was actually saying God loves you. And so for me, Christianity brings if that is the part of Christianity I think is so special, but it is hard. I mean one of the things that this anthropologist that I really into is talking about. She says, it's the more the God, the more different the God is from humans, the harder it is to believe in them. And so people like Christians in particularly, she would talk about there, even evangelical ones are always complaining about not believing enough and not having enough faith because it is so hard, because you do have the Holocaust problem, the problem of evil. Why if the God is all powerful and all good, is he allowing the Holocaust?
Speaker 1: Why do you allow Hiroshima? Right?
Speaker 2: You know, these terrible things? And part of the answer for Christians has been well, because he wants us to exercise free will and to be in touch with our better sides and to realize our potential as as moral, moral humans and moral souls. And that's a pretty good answer, but it is I find I was glad to hear that her say that people struggle with it, because I certainly do as well.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think everyone struggles with it. I'm just I'm really fascinated by it. I'm fascinated by it because when I go to church and I listen to them talk about various passages in the Bible, my mindset is always like, what was the real experience like, what are we missing out of these tales? What are we missing out of these recounting of these experiences? What happened? I don't think it was nothing. I really don't. I mean, there's something real to it, and and it again it works. That's the that's the main one for me. It's like, you want to live a better life, Like if you live as a Christian, you'll have a better life, You'll have a more love filled, more wonderful life. That's real, and that this idea that always it's fairy tales? Is it If it's a method for life that gives you a more rich and loving and peaceful life, isn't that better for everybody? Isn't that a real thing? That's a real thing. It's there's no way you can know whether or not any of the stories in the Bible happened exactly as described. We can't know, so you have to have this leap of faith to you know, and it gets weird, like Jesus comes back on a white horse, like hey, slow down, you know. Like Revelations, Book of Revelations is weird. But it's like, what's really weird to some of these people that think that what's going on in Iran is to light the fire to bring to have Jesus return to light the signal fire. Like, did you hear those recass by that these non commissioned officers that went to these briefings combat briefings? Oh no, yeah, Okay, here's one of them because I saved it because it's so kooky that I read it and I was like, wait, what the fuck did they say? Because it's it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I tend to be anti my knee jerk is anti apocalyptic because I don't see apocalyptic movements doing a lot of good.
Speaker 1: In the world. So, yeah, that's probably better.
Speaker 2: Off most of I think a lot of Christians have ignored the Book of Revelations. I yeah, I think focusing too heavily on that particular book is probably leads to bad.
Speaker 1: Altcome, okay, so this was the story that I wrote. This was in Yahoo. I'll send this to you, Jeremy, so you can get this, so you could put this up on the board. Did you find the other thing? Okay? He urges us to tell our troops that this was all part of God's Now, this is the guy who goes this is a combat readiness briefing urge us to tell our troops, this is all part of God's plan. And he specifically referenced numerous citations of the Book of Revelations referring to Armorgeddon and the imminent return of Jesus Christ. He said that President Trump has been anointed by Jesus to light the signal fire in Iran to cause Armorageddon and mark his return to Earth. And they said that the guy was saying this had a giant smile on his face, which made it all the weirder, like like, see if you could find that in there. It doesn't say that. No, it's not in that particular article.
Speaker 2: This is just someone someone complained about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bunch of people. Can there's actually like a lawsuit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really would freedom you risk like the whole self fulfilling prophecy with that one. Well it's what you wait a second, what are you doing? What machines? What weapons do you control?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of fucking religious kooks. So it's not just And also that is not how Jesus Christ would handle it. Let's go bomby Ron, that's how Jesus is going to come back. Like do you think you would tell you that's the right way to do it, Like, how did you Jesus Jesus, like, how did you interav that in the text? Okay, before we so we're deep into this show. So the Epstein stuff? All right, so what is your take on this? All right? Well, so I changed your position?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've changed. I think I spent a bunch of time with the files. I will say I think I did do a peace Well, I do think that the shrimp is a code word for young women. I'm pretty sure about that.
Speaker 1: What do you think pizza is a code word for? Well?
Speaker 2: That was okay, So then I did a I did.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 2: I had this article about code words in the Epstein files, and I did the shrimps, and then I had some stuff about pizza and grape juice in there about grape soda, and my co author Alex was like, dude, you can't go if you can't go full pizza gate, you know, like you gotta you gotta like, So we kept it out and then the Times mentioned the pizza thing, so I wrote someone X about it, but I ended up taking it down because I was like, I don't really know this one. I mean, what we we're weird to meet out. The pizza one was where his urologist was like, take your erection dysfunction pills and then we'll go out and get pizza and grape soda. And I was like, that is creepy, you know as hell. Yeah, So but I don't the shrimp one. I'm like that means young women because you just see how they talk about it, and I think I proved it in my piece. There's other ones like people are like the jerky is like cannibalism and whatever. It's like, well, it didn't help that the restaurant owner was like the restaurant's name was like cannibal and something. Yeah, but I'm skeptical that that's what that was.
Speaker 1: So well, you would be skeptical unless you were part of some of these fucking bizarre satanic rituals, and then you would go, oh my god, it's real, like there are look, people have sacrifice people, right, Can we agree to that in human history? Yeah? Culture, of course, and there have been satanic rituals throughout history. Can we agree to that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, so there has been cannibalism in history. We agree to that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately a lot actually there was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why wouldn't we think they're talking about that. We don't want to believe it, right, is that what it is? No, I don't want to believe that these people, these multimillionaires and billionaires that go to this island and engage in all this crazy shit, aren't doing something like child sacrifice or cannibalism.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start with the Let's start with the thing that I think a lot of us thought it was, which is that it was an intelligence community sex blackmail operation. That's what made it, for me a story. I mean, a creepy guy doing creepy things. There's just that's we call that a dog bites man story.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: What makes it a man by his dog story is like is that you kind of go wow. It is like Masad and Cia running a honeypot. I mean, that's the premise of Widley Webb's two volume book when they under blackmail. But when you look at it, like, we don't see that, we see we see one case where Epstein emails himself something that sounds like it's in the voice of the Bill Gates science advisor Boris Carsitch, I believe is the name. And in it they talk about, oh, you know, it's the famous email where he says, oh, you know, I got STDs. It says, you got STDs from Russian hookers or from Russian women, and then you tried to slip antibotics or you want to meet a slip antibotics and Melinda's drink and Melinda like they asked her about it was awful. It doesn't like, that's not it's weird what that is.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, we're just talking about emails, right, right, So who knows what was said? Just from the email, we know that there at least implies that he's got dirt on people and that he is exercising, is doing something with this dirt that he has on Epstein or on Bill Gates rather. Yeah, so we're very limited in the amount of data that we possess, right because we just have emails between him and other people. Inside those emails, we find a lot of creepy shit. We find that one description where he was talking to this woman where she said, I'm doing a doing investigating a story about an island where they bring children for sex, and he goes, she almost had a heart attack when I told her that person is me.
Speaker 2: Well, he was talking about the rumors and gossips about him. But he wasn't saying that he's bringing children to his island for sex.
Speaker 1: But that is what he said.
Speaker 2: But if you look at the say they're talking about me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she said, I'm doing a story on a guy who brings children to his island for sex. And he says. She almost had a heart attack when I told her that.
Speaker 2: Person is me, the person that.
Speaker 1: Being charitable, because that's not what the tech says. What the tech says is someone's bringing children to an island. I told her that person was me. Yeah, he didn't say. I told her that's a bullshit rumor. I let her know that's not true.
Speaker 2: But that's very much in his style. I mean, look, look, let's back up to the intelligence.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, why why would.
Speaker 2: You we can pull it up and look at it. I just think I think what we see from the files, and I think Mike Benz has sort of pointed out the ways in which Epstein might have been a contractor or a financier or somebody hiding money for the intelligence community. Beyond that, I don't see any evidence that he was doing much for the intelligence community, if at all.
Speaker 1: But you're only getting emails, and only half of the emails. Right, So there's only three million emails that have been released. There's another three million that the FBI possesses that they're not releasing.
Speaker 2: Right, one hundred percent is possible something.
Speaker 1: Why would you draw any conclusions based on only fifty percent of the data. And then if there is fifty percent of the data that hasn't been released, why is that way worse? Because this stuff is fucking nuts like this, this is nuts, Like take your erection pills so we can go get grape soda. Okay, what And it's weird. This lady is investigating a place where they and not only where they bring children for sex. I told her, it was me, what, well we.
Speaker 2: Should put that one. I want to look at that one, Okay, I mean I think, I mean here you're talking about you're talking about so first of all, I think the picture is of a guy that is fully in charge of his life and he's doing he's like, he is like amazing at getting people to love him and care about him. People call him as their best friend in Florida. Clearly he was abusing girls and was you know, busted for that. I think he was doing that because he's a pervert. I don't think I didn't see that. I don't see blackmail coming out of that. And then you get to later and you've got, okay, you've got the Bill Gates thing, which doesn't even appear to be from Epstein. It appears to be for Boris. And remember Boris, the science advisor, wanted Gates to pay for like a bigger apartment for him in New York. It appeared to be part of him threatening Gates to get something for that Borius wanted. So maybe Epstein was advising him on it. But I mean to have a The other thing I'm struck by these emails, Joe, is that there are so many different attorneys, people of the FBI, people in the Eastern District, the Southern District, the Florida Southern District. They would all have to be in on it. And I'm skeptical because, well, because they would be. They're in these I mean, they're in this. They're reviewing the information they're trying to bring, you know, they're trying to bring action against him.
Speaker 1: We're like, well, it depends on who are the powerful people that are implicated and what kind of influence they have over what gets released and what doesn't get released. Clearly names were redacted that are powerful people that are not victims. So that shows you right there that there's some influence.
Speaker 2: But there's a reason to do that. Why because they're not guilty?
Speaker 1: Okay, what about the one where the guy says where Epstein says, I like the torture video.
Speaker 2: I think they someone did find the torture.
Speaker 1: Why would you redact the name of the person who sent you a torture of that if you're not trying to protect a powerful person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the Sultan?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Okay, but that was someone had to just figure that out. I mean, look, that's no, no, no, that's evidence that you're trying to protect a powerful person.
Speaker 2: Well but they didn't though in a lot of cases, but they did right there. Yeah, I mean the redactions they were making them.
Speaker 1: I mean it was like understanding a lot of powerful people's names. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I mean, look at like we're in the midst I mean literally the people that are being canceled for this, like Peter Atilla, these people are like victims of a of We're in the middle of a complete you know, uh, you know, moral panic. I mean where now it's like me too, Version two. I mean people are having to leave boards. I mean, look, these are people I don't like. I'll just be honest, like if part of me hesitated because I don't like Larry Summers, I don't like Bill Gates. I don't care about Sarah Ferguson. You know, I didn't say anything. Then they came for Peter a Tea. You know, it's a little bit like like Peter a Tella, like they he didn't do anything wrong and he just like lost his job with CBS, and you know, he's sort of now they're under this cloud and people go, oh, but he was in the hospital and his wife was he was with Epstein. His wife was in the hospital. We don't, like, what are we doing here, Like we're getting involved in Peter Attilla's like personal life and so but he has to get fired for that. I mean, it's gone way too far. Sarah Ferguson had to step down, even though she you know, she said, like these people I don't like them, Like these are not people I agree with or think their behaviors, but I don't.
Speaker 1: See so they're not guilty of crime.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, they're not. Yeah, they're not like they were, like they were all making a big deal out of like, well, so first of all, let me just say I'm glad they released the five.
Speaker 1: I think they keep moving that every time you do it. Bumps.
Speaker 2: I I I think, like you know, they I mean, I'm glad the files were released. There was definitely problems with the redactions. There was also a case where the members of Congress were trying to get stuff redacted. Names got redacted of people that, like I know, in one case there were people that were getting licenses for guns that had nothing to do with Epstein on a list. Another case, other people's names were revealed who were not guilty of anything. So that's why you you protect those people. I think we you go everybody that. The logic right now is that anybody who had any interaction with Epstein had to have known of all the abuse he was doing. Ok and are somehow responsible, but that's not right.
Speaker 1: Okay, But a lot of these people were hanging out with him and doing business with them after he was arrested, So this is all okay. So then so then you know it was very public.
Speaker 2: Okay, but okay, So then so then what is our view of people that do the crime and serve the time. I mean the left, the left view has been stop right there.
Speaker 1: He didn't serve any time.
Speaker 2: He served a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, he did not go to jail for a year. You know, he didn't house arrested. Yes, it was a very sweetheart deal. And the prosecute was it the prosecuting attorney or whoever it was, was told that he was intelligence and this is why they were.
Speaker 2: Getting you know, that was that was a by the way that I looked into that. Yeah, that we looked into that one. And that was heard secondhand, so we don't even that wasn't even heard from Acosta directly. Someone said that they heard a cost to say that they told the Vicky Ward and I believe her source is anonymous. Yeah, so that's weak. And you know, Mike, I mean, when Mike Ben's was in here and Mike has done a deep dive this, he's sort of like, look, at best, you get Epstein tied up with intelligence with the Iran contrast stuff, but he wasn't. I mean, there's two things to see here that with his relationship with the intelligence community, he was at best a contractor fans here, which means he's not an important player in deciding cover Clidestine operations. It was the it's you know, the head of state said he.
Speaker 1: Killed cold fusion. I mean he said he killed Pond's his his work on cold fusion.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know did Diddy? I mean, I colfusually keep doing it.
Speaker 1: They haven't done it yet.
Speaker 2: Well, I know Carl Paige, the founder, the brother of.
Speaker 1: But he stated that he killed cold fusion.
Speaker 2: Research because he cut off funding for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was manipulated people. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he say killed it. Why would he kill it because it didn't work?
Speaker 1: Or maybe it did work and it's problematic that it does work because it kills all these people that all this other money and various energy modalities.
Speaker 2: I just I mean, I go fusion is like a whole. I mean, the idea that we have a secret, that we've secretly tapped cold fusion and are hiding it for.
Speaker 1: Some reason, or that he was on the way to breaking through to cold fusion and then they killed all of his research, or but why you don't think that could be done because there's so many people that have money and all these other types of energy.
Speaker 2: I just don't buy that you could. First of all, that technology is super difficult to get. Nuclear fission was this enormous undertaking, huge mbs of people. The ColdFusion stuff was always the confusion stuff is really fringe. I mean it was like, we're to be in the lab.
Speaker 1: And doing cold you know, but you're not a physicist, So how do you know that? Well?
Speaker 2: I mean I interview a lot of physicists and talk about it. I mean, the big fusion projects are incredibly difficult. They keep announcing advances on them, they can't get them. Cold fusion is not even considered a mainstream fusion project. So to assume that there's some secret and I just think this is why I have a problem with the whole reverse engineering thing. Is I just kind of go. You'd have to have so many people working on it and covering up for such a long time. I don't know how you get away with that.
Speaker 1: Well, what if he was on the verge of a breakthrough, but this guy steps in and stops funding and puts some leverage on the university. Clearly he had dirt on a bunch of people that were at high levels of many universities. That's why a bunch of these guys have to step down. Didn't the head of Harvard step I.
Speaker 2: Think it's exaggerated. The head of Harvard step down because of him?
Speaker 1: That wasn't there a connection between Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean Larry Summers. I mean or yeah, well Larry Summers was you know, he had to step down because he made those remarks about women as president and then he just he just had to step down as professor. And I say this, look I says genuinely as someone that is not a Larry Summers fan, I don't think. I think it's ugly what he did.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: He was trying to get advice from Larry Summers about how to bed a Chinese economist, and they were gross and their emails, and it's terrible. But I don't think that you lose a job at Harvard over that. I don't think that Peter t should lose his job at CBS over that. We've got that's to understand.
Speaker 1: And I see what you're saying. But what I'm saying is clearly he had influence over some very high and powerful people.
Speaker 2: He also exaggerated his influence. Like he took a lot of credit for Santa Fe Institute, which was a lot of other people. I mean, he's really he's really interesting and smart, Like you gave a thing to you know, ban In talking to Bannon about it, that was really interesting. But he was also Steve Pinker talked about him as Akbitzer, like a kind of a bullshitter, and he was like we also saw in the files. I think it really overlooked. We saw how he made his money, Like he he needed to get the roths He needed to get a deal with the Department of Justice for his client, Ariana de Roth's child. He hires Katherine Rumbler, who was Obama's White House chief counsel, and she goes and makes a deal at the Department of Justice forty five million dollar fine for the rothschild's, ten million for Kathryne Rumler, twenty five million for Jeffrey Epstein. Everyone's like, where does his money come from? Doing deals like that? Like you realize, I mean one of these Your Succession actually had a little subplot about it, Like there's a few people in the world that do these crazy high level deals, like often like mergers and acquisitions that have these obscene fees because they're taking some tiny percentage Epstein was operating. I think the thing we didn't realize is that when you read the files is the levels of which Epstein was operating. I mean, his social and emotional intelligence is just off the charts, which is often rare among somebody that's that good analytically, someone that really understands like investments in the economy to be so. And he was a master manipulator. So I don't think it's I don't think it's fair to say to people you had an association with him after he's committed after he's convicted of this crime. Rich guys. Look, we have a totally separate system of justice for rich people. I think we've known that for a really long time. It's terrible. I condemn it. We should find solutions to it. That's what Epstein used to get out of it. I don't see any evidence that intelligence helped him. You know, we got other problems. The victims. Virginia Jeffree, she claimed that she claimed that she had sex with Dershowitz. She then goes, oh, I was wrong about that. I mean there's a lot of those victim testimonials that are untrustworthy. So you get yourself in a situation where you start.
Speaker 1: To put like some of them were probably prostituted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And that's the other one is we I did some reporting where we helped to We found a fourteen year old girl who has been trafficked on the streets. She turned fifteen, and the process of us were porting on it. You know, we're covering these pis that get the police involved. The police go get her. You know, she's orphaned, she goes and backs and live with her aunt. She's back on the street, voluntarily back on the street. Nobody wants to talk about it. It's like it's like you go rescue people and they're in that world. So these situations are much more complex than I think. The final thing on Epstein that kind of made me question is that I, like a lot of other people had assumed that someone murdered him, but you started looking at the evidence for that. Look, maybe there more will come out and even this last round, last few days or some new things that people point to, but they actually are not actually evidence of it. They said. You know, Epstein's brother's attorney or Epstein's brother's examiner said that that he broke his hyoid bone and the hyode bone, and bone is not usually broken in hangings, only in strangulations. Actually it is broken and hanging, particularly for the older people.
Speaker 1: Broken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that I mean, and that's like and it's low on his neck. Yeah, And they say, and that happens.
Speaker 1: Also, the lady who is the guard deposited money into her case.
Speaker 2: I saw that, but that doesn't what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Okay? Was she also googled his name before.
Speaker 2: He got all that's totally okay, But let.
Speaker 1: Me excuse you. Why are you dismissing I don't understand why you're dismissing this because if you're gonna pay, well, hold on you are. But hold on you are because if you do have a guard, and all of a sudden, this guard acquires several payments, She made several deposits, one of them was five thousand dollars just ten days before he died. And then the cameras are cut, okay, And then they mysteriously don't pay attention to the cell of one of the most important defendants of any case, any gigantic public case involving enormously famous public figures. And then this guy hangs himself while he's on suicide.
Speaker 2: I remember he tried to commit suicide.
Speaker 1: Understand it. Why are you not letting me finish when I'm saying, because that alone is weird. That alone is weird. That the cameras are cut, that there's no video of it, The whole thing is weird. You don't think it's weird, Well, if you don't think it's weird that this guy that he just finds a way to hang himself in this cage.
Speaker 2: I thought I had that same story. I was like, the cameras are cut, the security guards are asleep. All those things are true. It's also true that the cameras went out a long time before that night. It didn't just go out that night before. Security guards fall asleep at night all the time he attempted suicide, I believe eighteen days before, eighteen days.
Speaker 1: Before, he said that his roommate tried to kill him. Did you know that? Do you know his roommate was a cop that had killed four people in contract killings. His roommate, his cellmate, was a murderer. He was a guy who was a drug dealing cop who had killed four people in contract killings. And that was his fucking jailmate, and eighteen days before he said that guy tried to kill him, but he said, is there an look at that guy? That is his fucking cellmate. Why would you put a guy who's one of the most high profile defendants in any case ever in a cell with a hired killer who's a giant gorilla like this huge, fucking jacked Italian guy.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't in the cell with him that night. He was by.
Speaker 1: He was the guy who eighteen days before Epstein said, tried to kill him.
Speaker 2: But Epstein tried to kill himself. I don't think there's any doubt about that, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's I've never seen him say it, but I do know that he said that guy tried to kill him and they found him unresponsive eighteen days before he said that guy tried to kill him. I was trying to get money.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you have lied about.
Speaker 1: That video outside celled during Jeffrey Epstein's first suicide attempt no longer exists? How weird? Yeah, why would he lie about that? He's because he doesn't have a guy who He's already saying, this guy's trying to extort him. He's already saying this guy's trying to get money from him. And this guy is a known killer. He's killed four people in contract killings. How did you not know about that?
Speaker 2: I will say it's possible.
Speaker 1: On how did you not know about that?
Speaker 2: I did know about that.
Speaker 1: You knew about the guy being a contract killer? Yeah, I knew.
Speaker 2: I knew that story. But I mean, he didn't have a cell mate at the night of his death.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That was one of the mistakes they made, is that because he was on suwis to be on suicide watch, he was supposed to have a cell mate, didn't have a cell mate. I think that.
Speaker 1: Look, I know, but eighteen days before he did have a cell mate. Eighteen days before he said that guy tried to kill him.
Speaker 2: But eighteen days before he tried to commit suicide.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true. Though, I don't know if that's true. I don't know why they would put him in jail with a contract killer.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, how many who's in that jail aren't the people in that jail? Pretty rough?
Speaker 1: His cell mate is a contract killer. Why would he be in a cell with a cop who's a contract killed?
Speaker 2: I mean aren't there a lot of the night Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Epstein claimed a cell mate tried to kill him. New documents revealed Jeffrey Epstein claimed his salemate tried to kill him in an incident before his death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we don't, okay, but I don't know that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, why are you dismissing it?
Speaker 2: I'm not dismissing it. Joe will come out.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, looking to dismiss it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying I was confident it was a homicide.
Speaker 1: And now you are you aware of this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course all that you were aware that he tried to kill us? Of course that he said that.
Speaker 1: Well, how come you never brought it up before? You seem shocked when I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Well, because because my understanding is it was a suicide attempt eighteen days be okay.
Speaker 1: But if he said this guy tried to kill him eight the eighteen days before, why didn't you take that into consideration? No, it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just saying that was that was more like when I don't.
Speaker 1: Seem like you took it into consideration at all, and I'm looking to dismiss it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I I My view earlier was that it was a homicide because the highway bone doesn't break when you have hangings. He said he didn't want to commit suicide. The video went out, the security guards are asleep. I mean, this was a There was a huge investigation of this by the Inspector General. So the number of people that would have had to been involved in this conspiracy and cover up is very large, and it's a large number of people who are in this job for to be do gooders, and so I'm very I mean that's look, maybe they're.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe evidence they're not in the job to be they are. Sometimes they're in the job to be do gooders. Sometimes they're influenced by very powerful figures that want a particular result. Does that not happen? But we undersold on a second, does that not happen in the real world? It does, right, And wouldn't you imagine if you're dealing with multiple billionaires that may be compromised by the evidence that this guy's going to relay in a trial, that that would be one of the times that they would want to exert that kind of influence.
Speaker 2: It's possible, and like I said in our piece, we wrote it's possible, but I think at this point we don't know. I don't think we have the evidence either way. And and that's for me. That's the change I went from I think it was a homicide to now I don't know. I didn't understand that he committed suicide eighteen days before.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he didn't commit A cellmate tried to kill him eighteen days before.
Speaker 2: That's what he said, right.
Speaker 1: They found him unresponsive, He said, my cellmate tried to kill me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but well, how do we know that? Why would we think?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then was it reported that it was an attempted suicide to try to dismiss the fact that his cellmate was trying to kill him because they wanted his cellmate to kill him. We don't know.
Speaker 2: But but you can't dismiss that the psychologist thought he was suicidal. They you know, I think a minus saying he could have lied about the room. He didn't want to have a roommate. That's like, why and they didn't have a roommate.
Speaker 1: I want to have a roommate who was a fucking contract killer. Well it was a sociopathic cop who killed four guys.
Speaker 2: But if you're if you're a contract killer and you're in Epstein's cell, why would you want Epstein to die in yourself.
Speaker 1: Because you want to kill him because people are going to give you like extra cigarettes at the commissary dos no, But who fucking knows? We don't know is a guy who already kills people and he's in jail forever. He's going to be in jail forever. So for that guy, you say, would you kill that guy for me?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 1: It's not even much of a stretch.
Speaker 2: It's not much of a stretch that Epstein would have killed himself.
Speaker 1: It's not much stress that that guy killed him either. If if he's telling the truth that there was a report eighteen days before that that guy tried to kill.
Speaker 2: Him, we just don't know. I mean, that's what we really don't know.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand why you would want to make the conclusion that he tried to kill himself, and that this guy who's a contract killer was not actually trying to kill him when he said he was eighteen days before.
Speaker 2: Well, Joe, I mean, I please don't misrepresent. I'm saying I don't know, and that the change for me is going from really looking like a homicide to really not knowing because there's some evidence that I had not considered before.
Speaker 1: That, right, you know, the guy who did the autopsy was the guy from that autopsy show on HBO who his name is Michael Baden and he was famous.
Speaker 2: The official autopsy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the one his brother authorized, because I don't think though he is a medical examine he's a medical exam.
Speaker 2: He's also famous for he's also paid.
Speaker 1: Site conducted a post suicide Watch report. Epstein denied suicidality and stated I have no interest in killing myself and that it would be crazy to take his life. All the though he was depressed and unhappy about his current legal situation. He was told he will remain on psychological observation in the near term.
Speaker 2: He said, like you see him in there, he says. He says he didn't recall he got the marks on his neck, so he didn't blame that on him.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, that's that's here. But the other details from the other report said that he complained that the guy tried to kill himself, that did his cellmate rather try to kill him.
Speaker 2: Can you go back back?
Speaker 1: Okay, we can find that again.
Speaker 2: But I I don't think but Joe, I think that I don't think that you find it. Okay, I don't think you've got it. I don't know you've got the I don't think you've I don't think we've nailed the case that was a homicide at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not saying that I know, yeah, but I'm saying, okay, so then we agree we don't know. Yes, but you're dismissing these major factors of him, not dismissing a cell with a contract killer, him saying eighteen days before the guy tried to kill him, then finding one responsive that someone tried to strangle him eighteen days before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean there's just as you can make a case either way, is my point. You can make the case that he was it.
Speaker 1: Was, you can, but at a certain point in time, when enough circumstantial evidence. It's fucking weird, like the cameras being down, the guards being asleep.
Speaker 2: The cameras were down, I think, I don't want to, don't call me in exactly, But they weren't down like that day before or something. They were down for a while before, and the security guards fall asleep all the time.
Speaker 1: What did you find about him. The roommate trying to kill him.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is this is like very report of it.
Speaker 4: I was trying to find his but this is in this uh here he's found in the fetal position, laying on the floor snore.
Speaker 1: Epstein told officers that Taglioni cellmate, had tried to kill him and that had been harassing him. Taglioni claimed he had been asleep and woke up to see Epstein with a string around his neck. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, but Joe just to tried to kill him and if Epstein but so and the result of this is that Epstein doesn't have a cell mate, right, so Epstein doesn't want to happen. If you want to kill yourself, you don't want a cell mate. So you can go over the same amount of fact.
Speaker 1: If you want to go God to God to go back and finish the job, you shut the cameras off and you open the cell and you'll let this guy kill him.
Speaker 2: But they shut cameras off. When they shut the cameras off, though.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, there's no because they the video that's there has been edited. The one video they show of the outside of the cell a minute's missing from it. There's a lot of weird shit to it.
Speaker 2: Man, I agree, but it's not where you should arrive on in my view, where the facts lead you is that we don't know and so that's that's that's a different city than just saying that's safe.
Speaker 1: Well no, but it is kind of fucking weird that he's in a cell with a contract killer. Kind of fucking weird that he made a complaint that the contract killer tried to kill him eighteen days before.
Speaker 2: Not if you're trying to did they remove that guy from his cell?
Speaker 1: Is that what happens? He did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's by himself obviously the night he killed himself or or was killed or.
Speaker 1: Was killed find the did you find the email where he's talking about the lady on the island where that she's saying that we brought children to an that someone brought children to an island.
Speaker 2: Remember, he's faced with life in prison. He loved his decadend hedonistic life. There's plenty of motivations for him to kill himself rather than live in prison the rest of his life. Right, and remember recently, and I think it was like a day or two before he lost his bail appeal, so he thought he'd get on bail. He didn't even get it on bail. It's gonna be stuck there. The psychologist didn't believe him, she thought he was suicidal, and and so they are. So one way you interpreted is that they messed up. They did a bad job they and they should have They should have known that he was suicidal, and they should have had a roommate there. They they guard shanof Honestly, they should have fixed the video camera.
Speaker 1: I just can't imagine you have such a high profile defendant and you're not watching him like a fucking hawk. I would imagine a guy like that would be in protective custody with you know, no fucking shoelaces, no way to hang himself.
Speaker 2: I think you overestimate our prison system.
Speaker 1: I would. I think that you would do your very best in this case to make sure that this guy is watched.
Speaker 2: They didn't. They bring him to me, they didn't they they should have had a roommate in a cell, and they didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, they put him in a fucking cell with a killer. So it seems a little bit more than that.
Speaker 2: But when you say it that way, you make it sound like the killer was in the cell the night he was killed.
Speaker 1: I make it sound like this killer was in the cell with him when he says the killer tried.
Speaker 2: To kill him, right, but or he that's trying to kill himself.
Speaker 1: That a little weird.
Speaker 2: Why didn't the guy do it? Then? Why didn't it work?
Speaker 1: Well, he probably choked him unconscious and thought he was dead and he survived. They found him unresponsive, or he.
Speaker 2: Tried to kill himself, and then when they said why did you try to kill himself, he blames it on the roommate, so he doesn't have to have a roommate anymore.
Speaker 1: It's possible. Yeah, so find that email where he says that it's him.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to I don't have access to the files that right now. That the thing I was using is gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 4: Ian Carroll's app was really good and it is. They've taken a down book as they're to make it public.
Speaker 2: That was only Gmail jmails. I've got so many fun tabs open. You guys moved around, so if you kind of go, so for me, if I go, if I go. We don't know if it was a homicide or suicide. The intelligence community work was appears to we have a long time ago and he was a contractor.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We don't have any other evidence of a sex blackmail operation other than that email. Now, there is one other thing that I thought was one for the theory that he's a blackmailer. Is that he put He's like, we have emails of him putting cameras in clean xboxes, hidden cameras in clean xboxes with motion detectors. Was that in order to engage in a blackmail operation or was he just was it just a pervert.
Speaker 1: To blackmail people? Okay, your friend H told me about the projects he's doing researching a really bad guy gets children for sex sent to his island. She almost fainted when I told her that person is me. That seems pretty clear.
Speaker 2: I think no, No, I think he's saying that she's writing a story it was about him. But I don't think he's admitting that he's bringing children to his island for six.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you, but if I was sending an email and I was talking about someone researching someone who's sending children to an island for sex, I would also include that I let her know that that was bullshit.
Speaker 2: Well, she ends up coming in meeting with them, right, you've seen the follow up to this. No, so she ends up coming to meeting with her, and I don't know if he like gives her money or something or funds her, but it's like, yeah, I mean, the thing is that, like without justifying I mean, I think that after two thousand and eight, there's not I don't think there's any evidence, and I could be wrong. There's not a lot of evidence that anybody under age came to you know that Epstein, you know, abused anybody under eighteen. And I'm not defending abusing women over eighteen, but that did seem like a pretty big change.
Speaker 1: Epstein associate found dead in Paris prisons. So after he said he was gonna flip, shocker, weird. Maybe he gots sad too.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he's one of the co conspirators. I mean, people kill themselves a lot. You know, psychopaths also killed themselves a lot.
Speaker 1: Also, people get people killed because they're gonna flip.
Speaker 2: It's possible, and it's just, uh, it's just we would just need evidence for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is really if you're going to kill somebody, should probably make it so that there's not a lot of evidence, right, Yeah, I didn't find it dead. Did he kill himself?
Speaker 4: He hung hung in his cell?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a lot of sheets in there.
Speaker 1: Hunged himself, hanged himself?
Speaker 2: How you gonna weard it? So then it's like should So then the theory would be what that Bill Gates hired a contract hitler or who did it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Yeah, well who knows what? Who knew what about? What and when?
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's the I don't think it's the intelligence community because we're not seeing I just were not. I mean, Mike came in here and you guys talked for a long time, and Mike's not suggesting.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no evidence that it was. I mean, we don't have like clear cut he did this and they killed these guys because of that. We don't have that, right Yeah, so, I mean, but we also don't have three million files.
Speaker 2: We also like the things that we don't. He doesn't need blackmail to make money.
Speaker 1: Well, he also doesn't need blackmail in order to be able to get people to do things and influence them. And if you have video of people fucking people and doing things they're not supposed to be doing and you're giving them drugs and he got them on this island. For these wild parties, they're more inclined to do things that would do stuff for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's possible. I mean, I'll tell you. I mean, FBI confiscated a lot of films and videos they had that. I was always very suspicious of that. The fact that he's talking about hidden cameras and Moshnigga's very bad.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the narrative before that. There was thousands of hours hours rather of horrible videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, so it's possible that there was. Now I don't know that I would be.
Speaker 1: Visitors describe at bathroom reminiscent of James Bond movies, hidden beneath the stairway, lined with lead to provide shelter from attack, and supplied with closed circuit television screens and a telephone, both concealed and a cabinet behind the sink, wrote The Times. The townhouse now reportedly owned by Wexner's even more mysterious protege, Jeffrey Epstein two three. Yeah, so this is even before his arrest. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also the other part of the think of this, Remember when Jeff Bezos was blackmailed, and he was just like yes, he was like, I'm just gonna well.
Speaker 1: That was just love letters to in Laurence Franchez. They're pretty racy, yeah, but I mean it was still it was private personal things where he was sending him to a woman he loved.
Speaker 2: It shows the risks of engaging in blackmail, and so.
Speaker 1: That seemed out to be a dummy that was like someone's brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So but Epstein, I mean, in other words, if you use it, like if you actually like use your blackmail, I think it's very hard then to maintain your reputation as somebody. Now maybe it was sort of h never articulated he was attracting people. I mean, what's so striking about it is he's attracting people to him. He's got all this bonamy. Oh, come hanging out with Chomsky and a hud Barrock and all these people. It's like a really good time, you know. I think then being like, oh I have black mal material on you, you need to do it. I mean, he's getting people to do what he wants them to do for money, you know, for feeling like good vibes, being in on some Israeli peace talks. I don't then see him going around and maybe I look again, like I totally confest. Maybe I just haven't seen the evidence that he's going around being like, oh, I have black mal matureial on you. You have to do what I want. He got Clinton, he probably got.
Speaker 1: Why do you think he's filming everybody?
Speaker 2: Then that is he could be a pervert. I mean, there's plenty of evidence of perversion.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, the ranch investigators of finally look into Jeffrey Epstein's New Mexico ranch. Federal authorities apparently never searched the property, but now state authorities will reopen a twenty nineteen investigation about time, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: Someone on Twitter had or x has a very long I was reading it earlier and got bored, but it's very long.
Speaker 2: About the link with the lottery, Oh yeah, how they won the It's weird. Wait till that if that's accurate, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I agree that one's crazy. I mean.
Speaker 2: Mike also points out that he was leased this incredible mansion in New York by the State Department, but then the State Department like sued him, So it's you know, they're like he were quick if he was like really.
Speaker 1: Les Wexner give him a house in Manhattan, and.
Speaker 2: Then well didn't that in the big house that was this was a previous mansion given him. Man about that thing I told you about.
Speaker 4: Someone found that the person who notarized that ten dollars transfer of the house conveniently filmed like the best nine to eleven footage. Sure, and that those are the three million, Like the timing of those missing files is right around the two thousand and one time period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that what the files are important is that we saw he's able to make his as a high level fixer. We saw people were really into him. People loved him. He was magnetic. He's able to get people to do things that he wants without using that as a tool. And we're not seeing I just don't see we're I don't think we're seeing any signs or footprints or any of that of engaging in blackmail.
Speaker 1: We have the cameras, we don't have half of the files. Yeah, what we have is weird. The grape soda, the shrimp, the pizza references, the jerky, all that stuff. This lady saying that there's an island where a bad guy's bringing children for sex. She almost fainted when I said that person's me. All this stuff is kind of fucked. Well right, yeah, would you admit it's kind of fucked?
Speaker 2: The shrimp's one they're definitely talking about. They're objectifying with children for sex, and you think that's kind of fucked. I think it's I think that he was. I mean my interpretation, I mean, one interpretation of it is that, yeah, he's freely admitting on an email that he's trafficking children. I find that difficult to believe that you would put that. I mean, if you're gonna say that, he doesn't put the blackmail stuff in an email, but he's gonna put in an email that he's bringing children to the island. I mean, I think he's being sarcastic there. I think he's saying, oh, that guy is me, Like that's what they say about me.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you elaborate and say, I mean, if you're.
Speaker 2: Sending the person, the person who sends it to knows that it's not true. I mean, I think that person works for him, right, Masha, Is that one of the women that he had. I I just I don't think that's him saying I'm.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe all right, Uh, we gotta wrap this up. Anything else?
Speaker 2: I got one? I got someone gave me a video. I thought I can share it with you guys. What a uf video? Oh wait, we make a tindition to end every sash with a can. I send it to Jamie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get air drop? It Is it compelling? More compelling than Yahweh's video? You don't like the video? All right? It's fun?
Speaker 2: Is it compelling?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: I mean you guys will decide or not here I send it to Okay, that's just something. Yeah, I was curious about Oh, I was gonna you know Elon? You think you think Elon knows more than he's like about you?
Speaker 1: Apses? How is that?
Speaker 2: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Well, because he works with NASA. If he knows something, he knows something. Also, some people have.
Speaker 2: Told me that he knows something, But don't you ask him privately?
Speaker 1: He don't tell me shit. Okay, I got a big mouth.
Speaker 2: I asked somebody that was high up in his operation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 2: We were on the record, but I won't reveal who they are. What they said, and they go, I said, you guys must be I was like at SpaceX, you guys must just like have to don't you have to edit out like UFOs that you get, you know. And the person just looked at me and they just said Elon's really close with the federal government. That was all they said.
Speaker 1: Good, all right, let's play this, just play. What am I looking at?
Speaker 2: This is her? Is her video in here? I think she shows I think she zooms in.
Speaker 1: I don't know what we're looking at.
Speaker 2: It's here in Texas.
Speaker 1: What are you looking at? Lady? Okay, it's like most of you have videos. It gets better.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds guys, okay, ripping out right now.
Speaker 1: It looks she's tripping. It's you know her, she your friend?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is she intoxicated?
Speaker 2: I think no, no, she's not. And this is like not far from here, it's somewhere in Texas. I think she zooms in at the end.
Speaker 1: Well, we still got ten seconds for it to get good.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: What oh she doesn't I thought she had a when she once she showed me she zoomed in on disappointed. Probably cut that all out?
Speaker 1: All right, let's wrap it up. Thanks sir, appreciate having me Jacks to me here. All right, bye, everybody,