Speaker 1: All right, it's time for your MAVs Minute, brought to you by the Sunset At McKinnie Amphitheater, you can own a piece of Dallas's mosy luxurious Amphitheater coming to McKinney in twenty twenty six. Go to Sunset Texas dot Com. MAVs play tonight, Detroit Pistons. All the talk is that. Okay, so we've talked about this. Kessler Edwards is playing his last game as a Maverick tonight. I'm assuming he's going to play night. Then he doesn't have any more eligibility left, so they still have games to play. We'll see how this whole thing plays out. But that's why you're hearing chatter about possibly forfeiting games next week. I was just going on record. There's no way the NBA allows a team to forfeit a game in advance. It is not happening. It would cost way too many millions of dollars. They would give them a special exemption. I'm hoping Kessler Edwards can play more than just tonight, but if this is his last game, thank you, Kesler for everything you did for the Mavericks. You bawled your ass off dude playing you're a small forward, playing center and power forward.
Speaker 2: Great work.
Speaker 1: I hope a team pick him up next year and he can become a full time NBA player. That is your MAVs minute. Now, don't forget seven o'clock pregame seven point thirty tip you'll have Coop and De Maras on the call right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information that Sunset Texas dot com for more information on how you can own a fire pit suite or join the ape Man Club for the Sunset at McKinny Amphi Theater.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. And now it's time for bas Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt funtweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Well, so I let the Downer one lead off and then we'll have some fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, But a friend of ours and a guy who has been a fixture in the Dallas music scene since the late nineties early two thousands, Chris Penn, who's a co owner of Good Records, suffered a very very bad injury earlier in the week. He was working at Good Records, which he's a co owner of. It's in Garland East, Dallas area. Uh yeah, we used to be on Greenville Avenue out there off Garland Road.
Speaker 1: Now they actually have an in store with Charlie Crockett two scheduled for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And he's the he's the guy who's stringing all that together man, and he's a hard worker. He's been managing Tripping Daisy and the Polyphonic Spree for all these years.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves Chrispin.
Speaker 3: He's just the nicest guy ever too. Him and I love his wife Jennifer, have known her for a long time as well. And uh, Tim de Lauter of the Elite singer of Tripping Daisy and the Polyphonic Spree put out a big Instagram post just kind of letting everyone know what's going on. So Chris was working and he was putting up some signage and obviously it's real windy out there. I don't know if that had to do with it, but basically he was hanging advertising details on the front window and he fell and he landed directly on his back. Now he's had back issues and it's aggravated some spinal issues that he has had, and he he.
Speaker 2: Is paralyzed all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's an update today, but as of this yesterday, paralyzed from the neck down.
Speaker 1: And yeah, when when Tim I saw a post, probably the post you're looking at the weight and there's a very long name for the condition he has, and I probably should have taken the time to google it, but I'm pretty sure that's the same condition that ended Michael Irvin's playing career.
Speaker 3: Nikolosing spondylitis and ossification. Yeah, it's it's like, uh, hey, crush it over here. It's like a narrowing of the spinal column.
Speaker 1: And I think I'm almost positive that's why Michael Irvin had to retire from the NFL.
Speaker 3: Because, Yeah, it was spinal cord I remember that in Philadelphia it's spinal cord injury. This bruised his spinal cord basically. Yeah, the family set up a you know, a GoFundMe and all that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I've posted about it, and I've seen some of our friends post about it on you know, Twitter and Instagram and all that.
Speaker 2: I'm at kt fun tweets if you want to get down on that. Yeah, is it currently on your story.
Speaker 3: It was on my Instagram story. I tweeted about it this morning as well, so you can see that there.
Speaker 1: I think like we should probably take Tim's post and put it on the Eagles story night at some point, ye, an Eagle story so that people you know, because again, if you're a part of the music scene, you're a part of the music scene, no matter what kind of music you like. And if you're a rock fan, they got tons of great rock records over at Good Records, and Chris Pin is a big part of that. And even if you just donate twenty five dollars, there's so many people that are gonna do it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be huge for him, Chris and Jennifer. They got three kiddos. Chris a huge MAVs fan too.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm sure it might hit you up every now and then about stuff when it was the mass.
Speaker 2: So yeah, not good.
Speaker 3: It was terrible to see that last night. But trying to get the word out for that, a lot going on. I mean, he's helping string together tripping days. He's gonna come back and go on tour and do a record and all that, or I start talking about doing that stuff. I mean did he got Alice Cooper and his crew back together. There's a story there. I don't fully know all the details of it. But he was hosting a Gallice Cooper like like Live at Good Records a couple of years ago. And so I don't know, like I think he did a movie or a documentary type thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I mean, dude, Chris has got his hands in a lot of things. He's a character. And I mean that in a good way. I don't mean no, he is. I mean, dude, you know the Polyphonic Spree Christmas show every year, he's the guy you'll see on a ladder up there, just about to clip the thing to make the balloons fall on all the kids. Like he's just he's kind of music Santa Claus and uh yeah, so it's a bummer and uh so go support Chriz if you there's that story. Man, I saw this. My question is genius or idiot? Okay, I'll let you guys. Are those things mutually exclusive?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: All right, don't you guys be the judge find out. We got to Madison County, Tennessee, which there might be a red flag. Four suspects accused of robbing a convenience store using an unusual weapon, and he guesses dyl I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say vibrator. Yeah close, Oh pythons, Okay, what world are you involved?
Speaker 3: Ops have obtained surveillance footage showing the suspects walk into the convenience store. It's four of them and they're holding two ball pythons. At one point, one of the suspects puts one of the snakes on the counter while another one dangled a second one over the counter, and the cashiers freaked out and moving away from the area. They get into the cash eer box. No, they only got like four hundred dollars. But the point is, you know, that's a little different than going in with the gun. Okay, but going in with the snake.
Speaker 2: I have a question, don't like most people have a gun now? Well, yeah, and if you want to aggravated assault charges, you go ahead, bud.
Speaker 1: But if you come in with a snake, I be like, oh, you brought a snake to a gunfight, then you shoot the snake.
Speaker 2: Oh you're saying the cashiers, yes, they brought most are I would.
Speaker 1: Think most cashiers are never once gone to a convenience store. Man, They're on in thought that guy's packing. I recently watched I recently rewatched. Uh, there's a whole documentary about the history of Watts and what happened first with the watch rights, but then the Rodney King and what a lot of people forget. There was a story right after Rodney King where a sixteen year old African American teenager went into a store and the layers like, you're stealing something.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: She turned around and walked out, and the cashier shot her in the back and killed her and got off.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So what I'm saying is if you.
Speaker 1: Work in a place where you get stuck up, you know a lot, there's a lot of stick ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably arm yourself. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I would say they're not smart, but creative. Not smart because the other person could have had a gun and just shot them. And two there's only four hundred bucks in that thing. Yeah, Like, what are you doing. I've been early in the day. There's cameras freaking everywhere.
Speaker 1: You're so dumb, it's very I think we're at a time and you know, in the history of capitalism where people aren't gonna have cash at places.
Speaker 2: Unless it's a bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, like so many people use debit cards and credit card.
Speaker 2: You know, two quick science stores for you. Okay.
Speaker 3: The space station astronauts that we reported on heavily earlier in the week they return. What we've learned today is they were scowed by the man.
Speaker 2: They were only getting five dollars a day.
Speaker 3: What now, there's salaries one hundred and fifty k a year, but they were only getting five dollars a day for the two hundred and eighty five days they were trapped on the International Space Station.
Speaker 2: That's not a good deal. There's a lawsuit coming. That's one thousand, that's like fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. And that's like, well, we got their meals and lodging and their transportation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but our lives were in danger for longer than they were supposed to be.
Speaker 3: And also in AI news, we've determined, due to a new study that AI doesn't know how to tell time. It's confused by the minute and hour hand on a clock. I didn't know how to do that.
Speaker 2: It needs a digital clock. So if you want to.
Speaker 3: Feel better than the robots that are going to take us over, just know that you can tell time.
Speaker 2: And they can't all right, you struggle with it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, there's a science update from KT coming up next. He's going to explain to us what a god tear song is, and then we'll tell you ours. Stick around right around the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle