Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's not Bill.
Speaker 2: Handle KFI AM six Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Good Friday Morning, Neil Savedra Here, the gang's all here, Amy k King, We've got Cono, Will and Ann and me. Bill will join us on Monday. Good Morning. How you doing, Amy, I'm doing fabulous. Okay, you sliding. She's sliding out of her own show, changing gears, getting the news done.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Kono's asleep.
Speaker 3: He's resting up for the for the final four.
Speaker 2: You know, I know I've bust his chops all the time, but that dude's built like like a pit bull. You ever pat that guy in the back. He's solid. He's solid. I'll tell you there's a rule of thumb for those of us who have let's say scrapped once or twice. You never get beat by someone bigger than you. They don't fight. They don't ever fight. They're these big guys, right, they don't want to fight. Kno would make me nervous, like I saw Kno, Like that would be the guy I would try a buddy up to and avoid.
Speaker 3: So you're saying he's scrappy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's uh. He's a dense dude. He's uh.
Speaker 3: And you're not talking about mentally.
Speaker 2: No, no, No, he's actually got a great sense of humor and you need to be smart to have a great sense of humor. And I bust his chops all the time, and he makes me laugh. So I'm gonna say, that's my Friday love. That might have been a nice thing Neil's ever said. I say nice things to you to me, I say nice things to you just off the.
Speaker 4: Air and like under your breath. Yeah, not out loud. I buy you Celsius. You do you do?
Speaker 2: I do appreciate without even asking. That saves me like five dollars, that's how much they are. Something like that.
Speaker 5: Very mad.
Speaker 2: I gotta start looking at things before I grab them for you and probably going up. No, he's a great dude. That's why I bust his chops. He's like family, we got ann How you doing any I'm doing good, your little tefises. I know, dental stuff sucks, and dental stuff is like nothing nothing nothing nothing. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, uh, you know, dental stuff is like the termites of the human world. You don't see anything until you see everything, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went from all good to like literally just laying on the floor crying.
Speaker 2: Ah, get the bugman in here to poke at your teeth and go, yeah, this one's got Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm on antibiotics, so oh, good for you. We'll get it taken care of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those aren't even fun. No, antibiotics. It just a matter of fact. They're anti fun because you can't drink.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: The look on your face was like, oh crap last night. She's a tequila girl too, so that's not like, oh I'm having a Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, she's a little side of a moxscility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be good. Amy King wiggle wagglewalk.
Speaker 3: Wiggle wagglewalk. Coming up on Sunday, just two days away. We're very excited. I tell you more about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how can people donate? I think it's a big deal or purse?
Speaker 3: This is the easy thing. There's two things. One, there's still time for you to sign up if you would like to walk with us, and we would love to have you come and spend Sunday morning with us walking around the Rose Bowl. So you can do that. It can't if I am six forty dot com slash wiggle And if you have a dog, bring your dog along as long as he's good around other dogs. And if you don't have a dog, that's okay too. You can walk without a dog. And if you're looking for a dog they do have a Wiggle Waggle wagon at the event. And last year the dog that I walked for the walk, I borrowed him basically for the walk. We got him adopted that day. So if you are looking for a dog, you might want to go and check out the Wiggle Waggle Wagon. You can donate or you can join the team either one at KFI AM six forty dot com. Hope you'll join us on Sunday morning starts at eight walk is it nine?
Speaker 2: What if you have an ugly kid? Can just bring the ugly kid?
Speaker 3: You're going to put your kid on a leash and bring him to the walk, You can do that. Are leash just for kids still a thing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I haven't seen much. There was a picture recently that I saw online someone a teacher. I don't know, as a teacher. Maybe I don't know, some daycare or something. They had like one rope in the middle that had like, uh, like a maypole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and then it had like little darting off leashes from it and they were attached to children.
Speaker 3: You know what I would say, don't knock them until you try them. There was a kid in Disneyland. We were in the and It's a Small World.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: We were in the line and this kid who was like this tall, like maybe two feet tall, took off in a dead sprint and while his mom wasn't looking, and before she realized he was gone. He was like all the way down to the matterhorn. I mean he took off running.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Yes, Neil, No, I'm looking at donate.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, oh you still haven't donated.
Speaker 2: Right, But what why are you laughing at that cono? Well, let's see where where are we at?
Speaker 3: Let's see both go to the wiggle Wagons see the KFI wake up called Wigglers. Yeah, and you can on me. There's Amy King and then you could donate to me. And there's a donate button. It's blue.
Speaker 2: Do I donate to you?
Speaker 4: Or this?
Speaker 2: The KFI wake up, Carl Wiggler either one.
Speaker 3: But you know, Mary Efron just made a donation. Thanks Mary.
Speaker 2: Well it says ninety six forty one dollar.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, we're really close. Yeah that's great. Our roll is ten thousand, but you know what, we want more because it all goes topacity in a humane Oh we're so close. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll tell you what. I will take you to ten grand? What yeah, so I will take you. I'll top it off to ten.
Speaker 3: Grand neil Seville, let's get.
Speaker 2: Let's get people going.
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's make it eleven.
Speaker 2: Then let's let people going.
Speaker 3: So absolutely.
Speaker 2: That's because that's awesome and that's for a great cause and they're under a lot of pressure. I'm happy to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, Thomas Beachman donated. Akiko Smith just join the team, Land oh, land in just the team. See, We've got people joining in all the time. And I'm so excited. This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Do you give like a speech like a pep talk? Sure?
Speaker 3: I yep, you got it. You know what? You know how big our team is. This is bigger than last year. We've got fifty one people on our team.
Speaker 2: Holy smoke, we.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of people with a lot of dogs coming to walk with us. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: That would be super cool. Good on you.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep, yep. So I hope you'll join us on Sunday morning starts at eight. Again, the walk starts at nine. All kinds of fun stuff going on, and if you are inclined to dress up your dog, there is a costume contest. They had some fantastic costumes last year.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I support that, but.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, as long as you donate it out, Yeah, it doesn't matter what you said.
Speaker 2: So picture this and I'll do it during the break. So we're at nine, six, four to one. Oh, and we'll top you off alrighty, so uh, you know, let's go ahead and take a break now, and then we'll come back and we'll get into the news. Oh another thing, before we do that, you were talking about White Lotus, which I've never seen me either, so I asked Anne. Oh, so Cono was giving the thumbs up, I asked Anne. She's like, yes, I watch it. She described it to me, and it's freaking fantasy island.
Speaker 5: Or love boat. It's just but with crazy people. Yes, yeah like that. I'm like, you're just describing fantasy island.
Speaker 2: Smiles, everyone smile.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is I did watch an episode of it, but I didn't love it. But then Will was saying that the second and the third are fantastic. It has that kind of feel, you know how like cinematography it you know, things look a certain way. It does sort of look like a fantasy island.
Speaker 2: Well there's you know, it just describes like people going on vacation or going down there, and then the different personalities interacting and all that. I don't get a whole lot of TV time, very little, especially on adult themes. Now you ask me about a venture time the cartoon, I'll tell you all about it. Dumbball done. You know my kids, thank God, got a great sense of humor and watches the funny stuff. But I don't get to watch a whole lot of TV.
Speaker 3: So do you go back and watch like classic like Bugs, Bunny and stuff with Max?
Speaker 2: You know what we did early on a couple of problems. One the old stuff is racist as hell. Really, I mean seriously, he's using terms like cotton picking are you out of your cotton picking mine? And stuff like that, and it's like, uh, you know, it's like watching the Little Original Little Rascals again. You'll get through two minutes and you go, oh, my gosh, this is the most racist thing I've ever seen in my life. So it's kind of hard with modern sensibilities. But I do like the old stuff. He connects a little bit with Tom and Jerry and things like that, but not not the you know, Daffy Duck and all that stuff. From what I've seen. He likes the obscure stuff, adventure time like that. Yeah, he actually, And because I want him to have a good, solid sense of humor, I watch I let him watch stuff that, humor wise, is a little older than where he's at. I kind of raise him a couple of years older in some things and then protect him to be eight in other ways. And it's making his sense of humor. When we were on vacation, we walked into a bathroom and he pointed to the baby tage changing table and he goes, so, if I put a baby on there, what does it change into? And then he looked at me. He laughed, and I said, that's all I want. That's all I want. The kid could be dumb as a rock. I want him to be kind and funny. He'll figure out a way to make money. But I wanted to be kind and funny, and I thought that was hilarious. And then when I was videoing, I was video I take b roll sometimes on trips because like a moment or the gondolas were rocking at night and they were covered, and I was just videoing them and my eight year old comes up behind me and starts scoring my video. And I didn't notice at first he's behind me, going oh and scoring it. I'm like, what are you doing? But he was making a dramatic moment that to me, I cherish. I don't care if the kid makes money, be kind and be funny. Alrighty, well that was not quick. Let's do handle on the news lead story. All right, Oh my god, it's all going to hell and basket. Stock market loses three point one trillion in value, worst one day drop since COVID. Yes, everything is wonky right now. President Trump's new tariff plan triggered global retaliation in some sorts. The fear that's going to hurt the economy. You know, we expected this. I talked with Joel Larsguard yesterday from how to Money, and the truth of the matter is, as much as we want to be intellectual about the stock market, it is not an intellectual endeavor. It is an emotional endeavor, and emotionally people are going to react. I don't know if the tariffs are going to work, but I will tell you this, they can. They can. So it is a strategy and we'll have to see it pan out and see what ends up happening at the end of all of this. But right now, this is going to be the knee jerk reaction. I find it interesting that it's the worst one day drop since COVID, and you know COVID that was a disaster closing everything down, so that could have been avoided as well. But there you go.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of tariffs, when we slap China slaps back. Part of the tariffs was that President Trump announced he was going to impose thirty four percent tariffs on imports from China. Well, China's finance minister said it's going to match mister Trump's plan for thirty four percent tariffs on goods from China with its own thirty four percent tariff on imports from the US. China's Ministry of Commerce also said it's adding eleven American companies to its list of unreliable entities, essentially barring them from doing business in China or doing business with Chinese companies. And they also said they're starting two trade investigations into American exports of medical imaging equipment, one of the few manufacturing categories in which the US is still pretty competitive internationally.
Speaker 2: Did they name the businesses those eleven unreliable entities? Because I don't see it.
Speaker 3: I do not see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, story right, Yeah, it just says that there's eleven of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're also halting chicken imports.
Speaker 2: Got right, No more Chinese chicken, all right. New bill would require teams up to sixteen years old to ride in the back seat. We're going to talk about this a little bit later too, because the rules are interesting. As a dad of an eight year old who you know, you're not huge at eight to ride in the backseat if they're not tall enough. Middle schoolers up to age thirteen, how the hell is Cono going to drive from the back seat. You didn't see that coming, did this? You'd I mean, seriously, when you saw this story. You didn't think that was gonna strong dude. Though, strong dude, solid. You could throw a chair at him. I bet you wouldn't even break his jaw, like a big chair, like one of those those lazy boys something like that. So they're citing these crash statistics and we'll see what ends up happening with this. Small framed children, regardless of age, are disproportionately hurt and crashes when not in the back seat or the boost your seat. So we shall see. But we're going to talk about that a little bit later. I have some thoughts.
Speaker 3: Signal Gates not going away. The Acting Inspector General of the Defense Department is going to review Secretary of Defense Pete hegsas of the signal app that was the one used in the group chat with other national security officials that a journalist somehow got invited into. They were talking about military strikes against the Hooties in Lemon in Lemon in Yemen last month. They say that what they want to do is determine whether Hegseth and other Pentagon personnel complied with DoD policies and procedures for the use of a commercial messaging application for official business.
Speaker 2: If I was him, I would just send out a bunch of garbage to a bunch of different people, make stuff up. Nobody would know what was real what wasn't. Then you cover yourself.
Speaker 3: Right, send out fake news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and then you're golden. We've had to do that around here. I can't get into details, but it happens. Senate confirmed mimic Oz doctor Oz, to lead the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in a party line vote fifty three to forty five yesterday, placing him in charge of overseeing more than one trillion dollars annual spending. Oprah gave us a lot of weird people, doctor Phil and Memo Oz, didn't they kind of they start out and then they kind of, you know, mem and Oz started. Wasn't there some like weird controversy about certain things or that he was I don't know that. Were they like vitamins or supplements or something that he was like? I don't know, but I don't know that I would take any medical advice from him, So we shall see how that goes.
Speaker 3: Cut too deep. Of course, we've been hearing about the layoffs associated with DOGE, and they did a lot of layoffs at the Department of Health and Human Services. So yesterday Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior said, yeah, I think we cut too much. So they're going to bring back estimated twenty percent of the people who were laid off and also reinstates and programs. Okay, good, so well good if they need to come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a you've got to be able to correct, you know. Uh, it's ballast. You're trying to keep things, and it'd be worse if they you know, everyone says that they're just being crazy, and I can't argue with that, but if they're bringing people back, then they're obviously looking at the checks and balances to make sure everything is right.
Speaker 3: We do have to know. This is what happens in corporate America all the time.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, just recently happened I don't know, in the other room a couple.
Speaker 2: Of months ago. Yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 3: They cut, and they make the cuts that are too deep, and then they go, oh, we really do need that. So and I think I was watching an interview with Elon Musk and he was saying, yeah, we've made some mistakes, and he goes and then we say we made a mistake and we fix it, which, whether you like what he's doing or not, it's kind of refreshing that he's like going, yeah, I screwed up and isn't admitting to it. I agree, because so many people won't. You'll never see Trump say he made a mistake. No ever.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this though. It's like I always say, don't follow the person that knows everything, because they don't follow the person and ask the right questions because they will get the answer sound advice, nil savana. Oh God forbid. We're not allowed to be reasonable anymore. Hurricanes Helene Milton and Burrow Beryl were so nasty last year that their names are being retired like a sports jersey because the World Meteorological Organization. Easy for me to say on Wednesday, officially, just replace the names of this trio because they killed a lot of people, more than three hundred people, caused more than one hundred and nineteen billion dollars in damage, So those names will no longer be a part of the horrible storms.
Speaker 3: Mexico is saying some nice things about the tariffs. There's the Economic Minister Marco Marcello Ibrand praised the what he calls presidential Sorry, preferential I'll get it right, preferential treatment received by Mexico. After US President Trump unveiled sweeping new global tariffs, Mexican President Claudia Scheinbaum said, the good treatment they're getting is because of Mexico's positive relationship with the US.
Speaker 2: I think you were right to say presidential treatment. Yeah, yeah, that works. Presidential treatment, preferential treatment. I think that hits it all right. Back to handle on the news. Riverside County, the first case of measles in seven years in Riverside County prompted health officials on Thursday to urge precautions and vigilance among residents. This stood out to me and annoys me a little bit. So the patient, identified only as a person from the eastern half of the country, tested positive for measles infection. But it's the officials came out and said the person had recently traveled outside the United States without naming the country. Why would you not name the country? Is this one of those political things where it's like, uh, Trump got busted for saying that the virus COVID came from China, Like we're not We're not allowed to say where they come anymore, because we don't want to offend anybody. Don't you want to know, like if there's a measles outbreak and some guy which was on a plane somewhere where he came back from without what f's all right?
Speaker 3: Amy U Mel Gibson make it his guns back. Justice Department officials say they will allow actor Gibson to own guns again. Concerns over giving him his gun rights back led to some very tense back and forth with the Justice Department's pardon attorney. Her name Elizabeth Oyer. She was shortly well. She was fired shortly after that, and mss Oyer had said that she had refused to recommend mister Gibson be included on a shortlist of people with criminal convictions who could have their gun rights restored, despite getting pressure to do so from seniors, and then a Department official apparently had tried to convince her to change her mind because mister Gibson has a personal relationship with President Trump.
Speaker 2: So what was the reason he had his guns taken away?
Speaker 3: Must criminal conviction?
Speaker 2: I thought it was because he thought Jews caused all the wars. Now he wants to make sure he's armed. You can't take away my fleeto.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was it. He pleaded no contest in twenty eleven to a back to recharge involving his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, maybe he shouldn't have guns. In a rare appearance after her loss in November presidential election, former Vice president and potential gubernatorial candidate Kamala Harris on Thursday decried the rollback of fundamental rights under President Trump, urged people to prioritize self care and pledged to remain active in the fight safeguard constitutional protection. I wonder if self care means heavy dose of chardonnay.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe Trump is still saying you're fired. The head of US Cyber Command, General Timothy Huff, the military's offensive and defensive cyber unit chief, was fired. Top Democrats on the Senate and House Intelligence Committee, Mark Warner and Jim Hines denounced the firing. Who served of HUFFU served in the role since February of twenty twenty four. Not immediately clear why he was fired, but a couple others were fired as well, So one of them's moving around and going into a different area of the National Security Agency. But there's also been talked that they weren't loyal enough.
Speaker 2: Well, prerogative, I guess. Preventing future wildfire's big part of the rebuilding. We talked about this the other day when it comes to the Palisades and the Eaton fire burned areas, and one at the heart of those efforts is bearing the power lines. So the Campfire in twenty eighteen destroyed the town of Paradise, killed eighty five people. Dixie Fire in twenty twenty one burned nearly a million acres of northern California. And here in southern California you had the Thomas Fire seventeen, the Wolsey Fire in twenty eighteen, And these are destructive and deadly wildfires that were caused by above ground power lines or power equipment. Now, we had a listener hit me up when we were talking about this the other day and say, well, they should switch out the wood poles with concrete poles. And I haven't done a deep dive on this, but you know, on the surface, I don't know that that would fix it. I think you're dealing anything above ground is going to be affected by the wind, could effectively topple over. The power lines, could hit each other and spark The arking, I think, is what's the problem. Not that the poles are catching fire. I think still from the things that we've seen, it's not the pole that catches on fire. It's the surrounding area that catches on fire with the sparking and all of that that takes place. So I don't know that concrete poles would change that equation, But again, haven't done a whole lot of deep dive on that.
Speaker 3: What a way to start this season. So you know, we've been telling you about all these break ins at athletes homes and it looks like Dodgers pitcher Blake Snow was the latest to fall victim to burglars. They broke into his home the day before opening day, so March twenty sixth, his homes up in the Seattle area. He was getting ready for opening day. Obviously, they say that luckily no one was home at the time. It's not clear if anything was taken, but somebody broke in through a window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 3: It does because they know they're out of town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the weird thing. But you have to have good security.
Speaker 3: Well, even when you do, they use those jammers and cut off your security.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that. You're 'to have to have personal people. There is nothing, you know. I'm not going to get in the details of our security, but i will tell you there is nothing like eyes on physical personnel. That is just the way it's got to be. You know, it's not about alarms. I mean, there's ways to better your alarm system too, and cut out the Wi Fi and have hard wire and all these different things, but you just have to have eyes on. You have to have armed people watching and taking care of things. Sucks, but that's the reality. Especially when you're at that point. You break into my house, you are gonna get horrilly crappy artwork that you couldn't sell anywhere. My wife hates jewelry except costume jewelry. Uh, there's like zero things a value. You can get a laser cutter that's about a thousand pounds that you would have to, you know, find somebody that would purchase. But other than that, you're not gonna some Legos. I think legos can go for pricing, you're not. There's nothing there, but you know, people with money, you gotta have eyes on. This is heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app