Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jr R.
Speaker 2: The Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Coffin and Lynd injury Attorneys. Hey, Bulldog, Taco Bob is actually wearing a football helmet right now as we do the sports page.
Speaker 3: Do you have your UCF helman on.
Speaker 2: The new UCF unforum. Yep, I got the helmet.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: It's hard to hear you. I have the headphones over the helmet right now. It's very odd. Look joy, look like a space y.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: UCF opens the season tonight at the Bounce House seven pm kickoff against Autman FCS opponent New Hampshire. U see it favored by forty and a half points forty and a half. I don't know if I bet this game if I were a better But we're not gonna be able to tell much about UCF these first two weeks. They play New Hampshire tonight and then they play Sam Houston State next week. Although at least Sam Houston is an FBS opponent at a conference USA. We had gust Malzon on our show yesterday. You know, obviously he wants to see if the defense has improved from last year when it was absolutely awful. They changed defensive coordinators. But I think most of us just want to see kJ Jefferson, their new quarterback. Tonight looks spectacular. I want to see him light up New Hampshire. Not. By the way, not only do I think kJ Jefferson is gonna have a big year, I think he's going to be the most prolific quarterback statistically in the state of Florida. I think he might be a Heisman candidate by the end of the year. Really, he's gonna put up big numbers in this offense. But the guy can run, he can throw. Gus Malsan's gonna use him a lot in the running game as well.
Speaker 2: All those descriptors you just used also apply down south in Miami.
Speaker 3: Cam wore as far as what, as far as what? Oh? Cam wore Absolutely yes, yeah too too.
Speaker 2: Top shelf qbs making their debuts in state this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's right. Uh. But before we get to that, you guys are u c F lums? Do you want to predict UCFS record this year? We went over that yesterday, didn't.
Speaker 2: We have what? What?
Speaker 3: No? We predicted? We said what would u c F fans be satisfied with? How many wins yesterday? Okay, now I want to know what you think the record's gonna be?
Speaker 2: Eight and four.
Speaker 1: I was the one that predicted UCF fans will be happy with eight yesterday, so obviously I was going eight.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm going nine. I'm actually going nine as well. I think uc is gonna have a big year this year. I think they could go nine and three. You know they could. You know they're gonna win these first two and again, I think they're gonna have a big year in the big twelve. So I'm gonna go nine and three as well. All right, I wrote it all down. We do have some big games this weekend though. Wow we got Miami Florida.
Speaker 2: Well, we say save these for tomorrow, man, when we have our you know, football Friday.
Speaker 3: Going okay, all right, we do that. By the way, there is another game tonight, Colorado takes on North Dakota State. Okay, Deon Sanders better not lose tonight after all the controversy he's caused in North Dakota State's not a bad team, no, not at all. They've won several FCS national championships now they didn't win it last year. If Coach Prime loses the game to not you know what I think he should do. He should open up his postgame press conference by apologizing to the media for being a jerk and then you know, turned into a humble, gracious coach Prime. I think that'll happen. Nope, does not fit his fancy. By the way, interesting story in the NFL, do you see is now Tom Brady is close to becoming a partial owner of the Las Vegas Raiders. All right, he's also going to be a Fox NFL broadcaster this year. If he he buys into the Raiders, He's gonna have a lot of restrictions as far as being a broadcaster. He won't have access to coaches and players before games. He uh, he can't criticize officials, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Can't visit other team's facilities. There's a whole laundry list of stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think he can be a partial owner and a broadcaster if these are the restrictions.
Speaker 2: Can he?
Speaker 3: I mean, can you be a broadcaster and not criticize officiating?
Speaker 2: Huh? It certainly would throw up a lot of impediments. So let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: I would think, so, yeah, hey, Tom, choose one. How's that you don't get everything like you normally do in life, Just choose one or the other.
Speaker 3: Plus, you don't want a broadcaster who's like part of a team, no, right, you want like no conflict of interest at all when you're broadcasting.
Speaker 2: I would think, yeah, I do too, I agree.
Speaker 3: So other NFL news, Russell Wilson was named the starting quarterback of the Steelers. He of course beats out justin fields. Did you see the first pitch at the Dodgers game yesterday?
Speaker 2: Shohana Tani and his dog.
Speaker 3: His dog, his dogs, decoy took the ball and ran it to you know, put it in his mouth and ran it to shoey Otani who was behind the home plate. So yeah, that was the first pitch last night. Got a lot of play.
Speaker 2: What else we got you your golf championship first round today, right guys.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, that's right. Who you picking?
Speaker 2: This is tough man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I'm putting my eggs back in his basket because I had faith in him. He's gonna come through with the first like real massive oberg.
Speaker 2: Oh, he didn't take the chef Bulldog.
Speaker 3: I'll take the chef.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, of course chef. He can win just off points.
Speaker 3: Take this sim Caitlin Clark, by the way, breaks the w NBA rookie record for three pointers and it looks like her Indiana Fever are going to make the playoffs. So anybody who thought that she was gonna, you know, just fade away in the w NBA, that hasn't happened at all.
Speaker 2: Did you see NASCAR's schedule for next year leaked out and some shuffling going on. Daytona will return to being the final race of the regular season, Richmond will be dropped down to one race per season. That racing we mentioned, the Mexico City Road Race will be there. They will not race on Easter Sunday next year, which is the first time in a few years.
Speaker 3: And Shuffle Easton ever raced on the Easter or Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm changing my golf pick to Shofley.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's been a change there.
Speaker 1: I'm going for the opset. If we're telling you, if we're thinking, because this is the Championship of fed sme.
Speaker 2: Mike five million, Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, you can hear him doing his show open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety Game on a Jason Us weekday mornings. It takes a few minutes from his show to join us for the sports page here at jr R, brought to you by Kaufman Inland.
Speaker 3: Listener Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Cobbin every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six nine The Game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Who Who, Slitch, and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get it now at w j r R dot com