Speaker 1: It's quite riot covering an old Slade song. Really. Yeah, they did a lot of Slade covers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I like this song when I was fourteen.
Speaker 1: Mama, Mama that I'm all crazy. Now that's a Slade cover.
Speaker 3: They misspelled come though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they misspelled. That's what Slade did. If you look at Slade, Uh songs.
Speaker 3: Come on, feel the noise, girls, rocky boys, Let's get wild, wild wild, Let's get wild wild wild. Yeah, it's genius. It's poetry. I mean, seriously, we all got a song one.
Speaker 1: Love look totally no.
Speaker 4: Stop, don't look at me like that. Seriously, it's creepy. Please stop it.
Speaker 1: Well, the only dinosaur I ever had was a rhinoceros named Sasparilla.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna say Nancy Reagan. That would have been pretty good.
Speaker 1: Why would you say something about Nancy all right?
Speaker 3: Thank you bad real Reagan? Bad? John Wayne all right.
Speaker 4: That sounds like David's got a list, and it sounds like a dating category I do.
Speaker 3: These were boys that wanted to rock their girls but didn't get a chance. Worst first dates.
Speaker 1: Women.
Speaker 3: Sharing the story is making fun of the dudes. Go ahead. I went on a first and last evening date a few years back. I wore a long black summer dress, and as he and I walked along the Seaport district in Boston, the sun had set, the sky became dark, the street lights were spaced apart. As we walked through a little dark stretch, he casually said, you know, if I pushed you in the water, nobody would notice. Oh my gosh, run run. I didn't see him again. Yeah, you think you ever seen a real root cellar? Earlier this year, I went on a date with a guy I met on bumble. We met at a coffee shop, had a nice time, and then he casually said, I've got a kid about a year old. I was twenty three then, so I felt like I was too young to play step mom. You think so? I said, I don't see us going anywhere. Not ready to be a step mom. He said, don't worry. He lives out of state with his mom. You won't have to deal with him. Run.
Speaker 1: That was the last day.
Speaker 4: You don't have to deal with him. He lives doesn't even live with me. I don't really want anything to do with him, so you won't have to either. You're pretty enough where if you don't like him, we'll put him on craigs List. Bumble I think is the hookup act is I'm either Tender or Bumble. One of them is a hookup and the other ones know what's go dates me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to bumblebee? Who's Bubbles?
Speaker 4: We had a friend that got divorced and then she she was on the wrong one.
Speaker 3: So she was just like everybody.
Speaker 4: That I go out, he just wants to hook up and we're like, which one are you on?
Speaker 3: I don't know any of them. Seems like there's more buzzer on Bumble though. Bumble sounds dude, Hey you know what?
Speaker 1: There was some prostitution going on in Bumble though. Really? Oh yeah, so bad that the police had to do a sting. A bumbled it says Bumble has changed the way people date and create meaningful relationships and network and network with women making the first move. So it's a lady ass.
Speaker 3: So the girl has to contact you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a lady app.
Speaker 3: I like that, And if you mentioned sex, you have to say pollinate.
Speaker 1: You know. I downloaded Bumble for uh you dude?
Speaker 3: Uh the hookup app Tony Zack like it isn't.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, the women it's a lady app.
Speaker 3: We ran into someone he knew on the walk to the restaurant and he talked to her for five minutes without introducing us. He announced to everyone that we were on a first date and he was trying to impress me. He left me alone at the table four times to smoke, then chided me for reading my phone. When he got back from one of the smoke breaks, he insisted I eat food I didn't want to eat, and then during the get to know you chat, he made a huge show of being horrified by my brother's death. Five minutes later he said, do you have any brothers or sisters?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: First of all, forcing you to if you order something that he wants you to order, out of your if you don't want to, dude, time to get up and walk out. This ain't gonna work out having any time. I'm getting a Okay, So I just googled that, not Google, just went Hey, hookup apps. So there's Ashley Madison. We know that's a ripoff. That's that's the married people where there's only like it was like one hundred thousand guys in four girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there were people in the staff that were comment they were, yeah, taking guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a rush concert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's one called there's one called Wink Wink meet new people at Wink. Another one is Instinct, which reminds me too much of a face attraction. Yeah, no, no, I'm not doing boilers Man Bumble Here comes Bumble dating app. H three fun. It's a threesome app.
Speaker 1: What's that again? Let me write what's that last one?
Speaker 3: It's three fun? Okay, three, but two of them have to be singers.
Speaker 4: That is awesome. It's threesome app wild hookup.
Speaker 1: You think couples actually sit around at home and go honey. It's a rerun again tonight we'll get on the threesome app.
Speaker 3: Here's another one called Plenty of Fish Dating.
Speaker 1: Well, that's Christian.
Speaker 3: Plenty of Oh is it plenty of fish?
Speaker 1: No? No, it's no. That was Christian mingle, a quicker, easier way to date. Yeah, I got I got on plenty of Fish for.
Speaker 3: Oh it's called Badoo Badoo.
Speaker 1: But do My friend Erica is on that.
Speaker 3: But there's no bidet because it's plenty of fish. Finally, tender Eric.
Speaker 4: Guess who has their only their own dating app?
Speaker 3: Cougar? Oh okay, cougar support. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: Does that have any pictures? All? Right?
Speaker 3: Uh? This guy struck up a conversation with me while we were grocery shopping, and we exchanged numbers met up for coffee a few days later. Fine it first, Jill. He admitted he'd been casually stalking me, waiting for the perfect moment to ask me out.
Speaker 1: Why would you?
Speaker 3: He then went into a detailed description of everything he wanted to do to me sexually. Oh my god. I ended the date at that point and thought that was that. He texted me later saying he had a great time and then for our second date, we should go get ice cream, take it back to his place so we could lick it off my body. Oh my gosh. Psycho path block and epo, that's what she said. I blocked him after that. Yeah, I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't mind the Hey, Uh, I've seen you in here before and I was kind of was hoping i'd run into you again kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. That's that's the extent of you.
Speaker 4: How far you need to go, creeper. I think I've seen you around before. I was kind of hoping I would run into you again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in here yesterday when you had the great yellow shirt on with orange brace.
Speaker 3: You're on the phone and you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think you were talking to somebody named Tina about your games. Birthday party.
Speaker 3: Girls sharing their worst first dates. This happened to my friend. She went on a date with the guy and was interested in her, but she wasn't so interested in him. She politely told him no about a second date, then woke up the next morning with a Venmo request for the cost of her drinks. Oh boy, no.
Speaker 4: Thank you, no, no thank you were at the shot, right, I guess. So if you're like, oh we if I'm not going to get to a second date, then I'm we're gonna split the bill, man.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 4: I think the protocol from understand from friends that I've gotten divorced and got in the dating game is just like if there, if you don't, just don't answer the text. So if the person kill the person text and says hey what about getting together again, and you just basically ghost them, yep, So after a couple of days, are like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I guess she's not interested. Went out with the guy I met through a dating app. I quickly found out he lies about his age. He was actually ten years older than me and recently divorced. He then took me to a strip club thirty minutes away. He kept saying you're like a sister to me on the way, stroking my leg because of how awesome I was to agree to go see strippers with him. After the show, he drove us back, drunk and speeding in his convertible boy. He was messaging other women on the dating app at the same time. He ended the night by saying, so, I'll be hearing from you again, right, So.
Speaker 1: He says, going to a strip club with her reminds him of going to a strip with his sister.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, right, would you think? Why would somebody date us? Like any individual like us?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 4: But didn't you get this is mostly what you get on the other side, Like we look great.
Speaker 3: Compare these dudes. Yeahl at three catches right here right. We matched on a dating app and he kept messaging me persistently, but he seemed nice, so he picked me up and took me out to a decent sushi place. Dinner went fine, aside from him being very nervous and visibly sweating As he drove me home. He continually asked if he could come up to my room with me and literally professed his love for me. By the time we got to my building, I was ready to book it as fast as possible into the building, which would then lock behind me. The dude was literally screaming as I ran, I love you, please let me in. Oh way, oh my gosh. Stop.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, glad you found.
Speaker 1: Out that now right. Yes, I've done stupid things like in the throes of passion. Go ah, I love you, but at least there's something going on there, you know.
Speaker 4: I've I've tried to force to break up and say the meanest thing I could possibly do. And when you get this one, oh you're so funny. Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We were in our first year of college and met in the library. He seemed nice enough. On our first did he asked if I was Catholic. I said no, I'm not personally religious. Raised as a Protestant. He said, okay, well, don't worry, you can convert. I'll talk to the priest on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Look awkward, you know people, they get awkward when you get into social situations like that.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was just this spoke met this guy at a bar. We exchanged numbers. The next day he asked me out. When it came time, he told me I had to pick him up because he had a DWI. We went to a restaurant, which was nice enough. He got two drinks there, I got one. He asked if I wanted to go play pool somewhere and get more drinks. I agreed. We played pool, had three more drinks. He did and watched a basketball game the whole time. Then a different bar where he had five more drinks. Oh boy, he got so drunk and proceeded to tell me all about our future wedding plans and the song will dance too?
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 3: I told him I needed to go. Two hours later, while I was in bed, he called, asking me for a ride home.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we are gems compared to this, no kidding you see to take this list home and tell ours about it.
Speaker 3: You could be dating this guy.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I got set up on a blind date by a classmate. There was zero chemistry and the guy barely spoke to me when I tried to ask questions or good a conversation going. We finally left the coffee shop we were at and walked through a back alley to get to the parking lot. He turns to me and says, I'm not gonna call you. We don't have anything in common. Our classmate said you were cute. Left me standing in the alley. Tony likes this guy.
Speaker 1: You get no comment.
Speaker 3: He said you were cute. He told me his mom would love me and bake me cookies while we robbed banks. When I decided to leave, he insisted on holding my hand as I walked out, and he tried to kiss me, but I dodged. He threw my hand at me and walked away with a loud scoff. I think my lucky stars, I wasn't assaulted that night. The guy weighed easily twice as much as me and had such big muscles. Of some dude walking into the bar behind him, I said, damn, dude, I played college ball and I haven't seen calves that big. Uh.
Speaker 4: Anytime I'm holding hands, why are you touching my hands?
Speaker 1: I'm not a headholder.
Speaker 4: I'm not a handholder, especially especially on a first or second date.
Speaker 3: Why are you holding my hand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially in the summer. They get off.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't even get to the restaurant before he closed all the windows, locked them, then ripped the worst fart I've ever heard. What the hell I got out of the car at a red light, had my sister picked me up?
Speaker 1: There was an older guy here, please pick me up? There was an older guy that worked here. Yeah, and he would just walk up to like some of the hottest women we had in sales, and be having a conversation, and all of a sudden and he was with this stare at him. He wouldn't he wouldn't laughing his stare at him straight face?
Speaker 3: Was that the mobile version of the Dutch of them? You made sure he rolled the windows up first, I guess.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: His name rhymes stops Jack Roney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy thought I was really nice and smart. Actually had fun until he told me I couldn't go on dressing like this. I needed to wear more feminine clothes or else I wouldn't be seen as attractive. But we'd still end up in bed together, so we'd keep in contact.
Speaker 4: Do these people do you have sisters or friends that are going there?
Speaker 1: He goes again, Hey, you got his sister?
Speaker 3: I mean seriously, how can people be so inept at this?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 3: I guess it.
Speaker 1: Gets worse as we go on with social media. People aren't accustomed you know, yeah, absolutely why calls or by text? Which is great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, there's no doubt. And finally a guy picked me up on his motorcycle to take me back to his place. He pulled up to a shed by the house so I could get off and he could store the bike. That's what I thought wrong. The shed was his room. Oh my gosh. He invited me in, where there was only one place to sit, a recliner. He sat there. The only place else was his lap, and he pointed to it. I chose a crate instead. He shared his airplane bottle of mouthwashed flavored vodka with me, and within fifteen minutes he said, I'm gonna kiss you. What I wanted to do is peace who He could take me to the house on the property that was his mom's. She was watching TV on the couch when I came out of the bathroom. He ushered me from the couch to sit and chat with his mom. Oh boy. Then I requested a ride back home. Oh bad, first date, living a shit out back.
Speaker 1: So chose a squirrel. Remember when I was talking about at.
Speaker 4: Least have a conversation with your mom. Yeah, he could you go hang out in the shed tonight, and I'm bringing a girl back.
Speaker 3: At least mom was there, and that stuffed in a rocking chair upstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If the bombs like run, yes, right, you have a chance.
Speaker 1: Cherse squirrel. I was talking about cops rock the guy that said he was walking down to the meltbox. Yes, I didn't use his name, but he said, hey, you can use our names. We are Dean and Booper, Dean and Booper, Dan and Booper.
Speaker 3: We listen, it's not Dean, Dean and Booper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see Dean and Booper. And then earlier this morning we had Mami and Hutch.
Speaker 4: How do you get the nickname Booper? Dean Booper, Mami and Hutch. That's that's good.
Speaker 1: No, you know what we need to do is get a site. We need to get a wrestling match between Dean and Booper and Mami and Hutch. Joe, I don't know what's it mean.
Speaker 3: Attraction is Booper and Hutch, Booper and Hutch, Booper and Hutch, and the prize could be a gift card from lots of pasta, lots of pasta, Louis of old down com our next trip, we'll get you some rattlesnake cheese, Dwight spicy cheddar mixed with have a narrow. I try not to use the pods anymore for coffee because I'm convinced now that that plastic heat it up, it's probably gonna give us cancer. And trying to clean those machines all the time.
Speaker 4: We're getting the we're getting the real coffee beans, and we get them whole bean, we grind them up. There's nothing like grinding up your own whole bean coffee. From lots of pasta. We usually get the Italian uh, the Italian coffee.
Speaker 3: There's a Saint Matthew's blend. There's some foreign coffee there. Stuffing cans if you don't want the whole beans.
Speaker 4: Too fresh ground ground beans and then make a cup of coffee or a pot of coffee.
Speaker 3: That way is the best way to go. And if you want to try it before you buy it, you can go right there to the coffee shop. I suggest grabbing a tuna salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwich and sitting in the coffee shop either we even have a cold beer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way, you cannot go wrong with that. So lots of pasta go buy for lunch today. You get about forty five minutes here for lunchtime. You can go ahead and go to Lots of Pasta Louisville dot com and at the ribbon on top click to order a sandwich and pick it up and it'll be ready in about ten or fifteen.
Speaker 3: Get stuff to make homemade pizzas this weekend, and they have a great craft beer selection.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Lots of posta thirty seven seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's back after this news radio eight forty whas Oh that's his walk up music, Greg Golliad from the Louisville Bats. That means something's going on in town and you're you're gonna love what's gonna happen tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: You're love what's going on tonight. So we're gonna get to that. But first, I think we've got some celebrity birthdays and Greg Galliett aka l Presidente is gonna participate. Yeah, right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we have a whole bunch of them today. Some of these people. I didn't know. We're still alive. Happy birthday, William Devane from Knots Landing and other stuff. Oh, Williams.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of Knots Landings. Probably seventy six.
Speaker 3: Billy Devane is eighty five, eighty five.
Speaker 1: I like the spin off from that show. It's about All Tell the Made Balloons.
Speaker 3: He's the cousin of William Oh, is it really?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Michael Keaton, Michael Keaton, Michael Keaton.
Speaker 1: Oh, Michael Keaton, baby, Michael Keaton. Oh, beeterle Juice came out yesterday, right.
Speaker 3: No, it's coming out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh tomorrow, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Wait, today's Thursday. Yeah, it comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Michael Keaton's gonna be sixty eight.
Speaker 3: No, No, sixty nine. No, I'll go to say sixty eight, sixty seven, We'll go sixty seven. Michael Keaton. Seventy three. Wow, looks great for seventy three? Does the Forgotten James Bond from The Really Boring Her Majesty's Secret Service. George Lazenbye is still alive. That's gotta be ninety one. It's eighty five from Charmed and Scream Rose McGowan.
Speaker 4: Oh, Rose McGowan, she's lost her mind. She was married to Marilyn Marrige Manson. Yeah, I'm gonna say fifty five.
Speaker 3: She's fifty one.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, she was a weirdo early.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was the new lead singer of Journey. Arnell Pineda is fifty seven. Okay, he's an Asian fellow. He is h forty eight. No, he's fifty fifty seven seven. I'm sorry, Ian Don Guessing, Ian Donald Calvin euclid Zappa otherwise known as duezl.
Speaker 1: Deuezl Zappa is gonna be alrighte fifty sorry six Yeah, fifty five dudes. Five the guys right, it's sick.
Speaker 3: You want Kathy Guy's white. The cartoonist who does Kathy don't know, don't care, don't care. She's seventy four for her. And finally, it's Sir Walter Rowley and Jesse James birthdays today. Jesse James, the Singer, Jesse James the Outlaw.
Speaker 1: Oh, Frank and Jesse James. Yep, all right, Frank and Jesse James. How old is he?
Speaker 3: One hundred and sixty? Jesse James would have been let's see, one hundred and seventy seven.
Speaker 1: What was the coward that shot him in the back?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: How we'll get that, hey, yeah, Bill Cox, Greg Galli at l presidente of my favorite place, one of my favorite places, Louisville Bats in the studio, Hey, Greg, how you doing man better? Hot off of victory last night?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: How about that? Yes, finally flipped the switch.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: It was nice because the other one went twelve. Tonight you have a game two days agoing with twelve innies.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It has a great baseball weather though.
Speaker 2: Oh it's been. I mean just a good thing about us playing. This extra month of Major League Baseball now has us playing as the weather's fabulous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Like last weekend was seventy five on the river, Yeah, and then on the river on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this weekend on Saturday and Sunday, Look, it's going to be like low seventies.
Speaker 1: Get you a bats baseball sweatshirt on.
Speaker 3: Seventy five is the high Saturday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, low in the forties.
Speaker 3: Come out there, you go. I love it so. But Carrie Potter night is tomorrow nights.
Speaker 1: Harry Potter night is tomorrow night. Well, let's talk about tonight though, because.
Speaker 2: Going on tonight's I Heeart Media our right, two dollars Miller and Coors Lights, three dollars chicken tenders, three dollars regular nachos tonight from five thirty to eight thirty as we play the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Jumbo. Seriously, it's fantastic classic Minor league baseball name.
Speaker 1: The Montana mashed Potatoes nearly took out the Jumbo Shrimp.
Speaker 3: There you go, but gates here in six thirty tonight.
Speaker 1: Say the lead though, because time six thirty five the great prizes on beer concessions. That's great, But there's also a state farm bibbleheads going on right and this you get to choose what is like fourteen different bibbleheads to choose from.
Speaker 2: Yep, you can create your own bibblehead of yourself. They have a booth down in front of our playground in the right field corner, and uh, they've been there the last two nights and uh they've already been here a few home stands before this, and they will be here through the remainder of this week. And you can get in line because there are some lines to get your bottle head made.
Speaker 1: But it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I am already my own bibblehead, so Dave, Sorry, buddy, David, I am not touching that. Oh sorry, but I don't let that one hang out.
Speaker 1: It'll be cool to do next season, though, is watch the promotional calendar and get every single one. Just go every you know, every time they do it, and get a different bobblehead. Yeah, because they got fourteen different ones, right, fifteen something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So again, let's get to the Harry Potter one.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Tomorrow Night.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow Night, game time seven to fifteen, gates open at six. It is Harry Potter Night. The Bats will play in their Harry Potter jerseys, which in a few weeks we will be auctioning off online.
Speaker 1: Huge and uh, Tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Are you inviting even Slytherin?
Speaker 2: We are actually having a dress like Harry Potter contest.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, you know I want to do. Oh boy, I'm going to show up as a Star Trek person. Just a goof on them and piss them off.
Speaker 3: You don't want to piss people off with wands they have matched.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true too. They might have put a spell on me.
Speaker 2: First fifteen hundred fans Tomorrow Night, we'll get a Harry Potter bats scarf.
Speaker 1: Nice. Oh it's really.
Speaker 4: Cool, boy, darn it now I got it the first How many fans?
Speaker 1: Fifteen?
Speaker 2: Early, baby, it's gonna it's gonna be a beautiful night. Of course it is Friday night. That means Margherita madness six dollars. Margarita is from number one tequila.
Speaker 3: No, Harry Potter's is not.
Speaker 2: But here's the here's the thing. July third, we got washed out, big rainstorm. We don't get to shoot over fireworks that night, So we are moving that show over to tomorrow night. And the entertainment act that was going to perform that night on July third, Christian and Scooby from.
Speaker 1: The NBA half yeah dog, they didn't get to perform, so they're going to perform tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Which one's the dog and which one's the person?
Speaker 1: Scooby is the dog.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's there special you never know?
Speaker 1: Is there special broom parking for the U Harry Potter fan. You just won't leave it at won.
Speaker 3: I want to see the home plate, use the big broom. Yeah, to clean out the plate.
Speaker 1: Just make the broom come out there and do it by itself.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: No Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many people are going to show up to this thing, and it's all adults. Maybe a couple of the kids, but it'll be a lot.
Speaker 1: Of the kids. Twenties and thirties. Yes, reading the Harry Potter books.
Speaker 3: Harry Potter's been out twenty five years and.
Speaker 2: Twenty years is something my kids. That's how that's how they really developed their love of reading.
Speaker 3: Which, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Books. What's the name of the gigantic guy and Harry Potter? Haggard? Yeah, Haggard. Yeah, I'm going as Harry Potter and my wife's coming as Haggard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you better find a divorce at stop soon.
Speaker 1: We're feeding you all your line.
Speaker 4: Let's just going Hagrid. Yeah, that's well, Chip, sobl's Hagrid. So we we're excited.
Speaker 3: Bats are wrapping up.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about beautiful weather next couple of days and then when when's the season done?
Speaker 2: So I want to motivating with tonight. We only have ten home games left.
Speaker 3: Damn man, where'd it go? I'm serious, we.
Speaker 2: Got one home stand left after this one. But I got quickly get the Saturday Night, Saturday Night Stars, Saturday Night is Traumatic Brain Injury Night with our friends from JOVL Health. So we'll be playing in spe actual green jerseys, which is the color of traumatic brain injury, and so proceeds from those jerseys which will go on auction block here in about a week. We'll go over to u of L Health big fireworks show after the game on Saturday night, and our friends of the Superstars will be at the Hall Park Saturday night to entertain everybody. Sunday one oh five Kids Day, kids inflatables, free kids meal, kids run the bases. So a lot of going on throughout the weekend, great weather, and then as we just mentioned, we'll be back after a week being gone. Final homestand one of Dwight and Tony's favorite events Wednesday, the eighteenth of September, a twelve oh five business person.
Speaker 3: Yeah show there, the show there. We're going to just make our bosses, let us do it.
Speaker 1: And then we return. The show returns that Thursday, the nineteenth. YEP, as we throw out the first pitch and Dave Jennings drinks one of the last beers of Yes and Ethan Almighty is thrown out a pitch and State Representative Susan Tyler witness throwing out a pitch. Wow, got a lot going on?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 4: Okay, this bats baseball dot com. That's the website. You can buy your tickets walking up to the stadium. It's all on your phone. There's no hard tickets, it's just a little code thing. Buy your tickets online as many as you want.
Speaker 3: They have.
Speaker 4: You still have box deals and everything else if you want to get a business situation going on.
Speaker 2: There suits that are still available for rent, especially during the last home stand. Yep, the on deck seats, which are those two rows of theater style seats right behind home plate that everybody sees. We've got a few of those available for the remaining games. So a lot of cool opportunities. If you haven't been to a Bats game this year, with this weather, what a great opportunity to come out and catch some bats.
Speaker 3: Base Absolutely, man.
Speaker 4: I saw the TV guy was on the field last night doing it remember heat Live hits, and I was just like, because it was so beautiful last night. It was it was just like he was out there and goes, I can't explain how nice it is on this field right now. So that's gonna get the same thing tonight. All right man, Greg Galli ed again, We love you, thanks for all this. Yeah awesome, All right.
Speaker 3: Back after this, but first, Southern Comfort.
Speaker 1: Hot covered hot baby a vacation right there in your own backyard. Want to reconnect with your loved ones. You got it in your Southern Comfort hot tub. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. You hurt me right. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month, over one hundred and fifty tubs ready for get this immediate delivery. You can't get that with the other places. Southern Covered Hot Tub's gonna get your hot tub to you immediately. They also have plug and play, whill you just plug it into a one ten and go right there. Southern Covered Hot Tub also has twelve months, same as cash. That's what me and Susan did, and it made are hot tubs so affordable. They have a hot tub for any family's budget. Seventy five oh one presson Highway. You're gonna love your Southern Comfort hot tub back in just a couple of minutes. The news ready to eight forty whas.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the third episode of The Monkey Mom or The Monkey.
Speaker 3: A Chimp chick Chip nine. I can't remember. Maybe it was chimp mom something. Uh.
Speaker 4: The second one was so over the top. I can't even explain to you. It's Tiger King on steroids.
Speaker 1: Tiger King probably wouldn't have been successful had it not been for COVID though. Right we were stuck and we had enough.
Speaker 3: It was so over the top.
Speaker 1: Carol Basket, Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Remember the girl got her arm or hand eating off, and then she just kind of taped it up and was like, Eh, it happens. I bring that up because apparently monkeys and bali they are really smart. So if you're not paying attention, they snatch your phone from you out of your hand, but if you give them the food, they just hand you the phone back. Oh really, so they know what they're doing so to feed themselves. They they they wait till you're not paying attention. They run up and go snatch, but they hold it away from you. If you reach in your purse or whatever and bring them some sort of food, they'll just exchange it with it. What if you don't have food you didn't get in your phone. It's a little crazy. I saw several videos of it, and I was like, this cannot be real.
Speaker 3: He was kind of awesome.
Speaker 1: I find that moved very appealing because he'd been I I was looking at this day in history, obviously not going to do it all, but it was today in two thousand and three. I never unders do this. Magician, magician, Yeah, magician David Blaine entered a clear plastic box and lo you was suspended over the banks of the Thames River until October nineteenth. Is that really magic? Is that just endurance?
Speaker 4: Like he was saying, was probably never in the I'm gonna sit on a block of ice too? Well, he did Dad in Manhattan where he was in he was locked in a giant block of ice. There's no possible way. Oh you know why because it's.
Speaker 3: A los your magism fooding you remember Doug Henning, it's magic.
Speaker 4: Remember the guys that did the remember Fox TV did the Mystery Solved or the uh no, that's a different show. But they would they would expose the magician's secret. Yes, they exposed the right and people got how they would, you know, make the elephant disappear and the lady that how you cut the lady in half?
Speaker 1: And then once you see it, you're like, damn, I keep from that I watched this one. That's a difficult one. Lean in real quick, Tony got your nose.
Speaker 3: Give it back?
Speaker 1: Okay, give it back. It was also today. In eighteen eighty one, the American Red Cross provided relief for uh disaster for the first time. It was in Michigan's Great Forest Fire of eighteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: The Great Forest Fire of eighteen eighty one. Like there was a list of forest fires in eighties in California. They name them different things. By the way, have you noticed there hasn't been any stories about the hurricanes in the Atlantic because there haven't been any because there haven't been any COOLi this is the fewest hurricanes in the Atlantic since the sixties.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Uh so they did not really understand what happened.
Speaker 1: It was today. In nineteen sixty the Cassius Clay from Louisville, ConTroll Yeah, won the gold medal and the light heavyweight boxing at the Olympic Games in Rome, Italy.
Speaker 3: Rome not as good as Middletown, apparently, according to no, it's not.
Speaker 1: Even close for it can't hold a ca Okay, quick question, how many dogar bps are there in rolls zero? Let's see, he's known.
Speaker 3: Fake typing. Stop it's an Italian.
Speaker 1: There are zero zero, There is zero dogar bps in Rome.
Speaker 3: Let's check Middletown, I get it, Florence, Rome.
Speaker 4: There are four in Louisville not as good as Middletown with roosters and mister G's knows. Is there barons in Middletown? Of course there is, yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course there is. We think we are barbarians.
Speaker 3: Barons doesn't doesn't have a one in Saint Matthew's.
Speaker 1: That's cool. We look down on you.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about ASSISSI yes, excuse me, also known as a dwightie A.
Speaker 1: What so tomorrow, Yeah, Matt Sanders from LMPD is gonna.
Speaker 4: He's gonna update us on what's going on with this ongoing Uh, they're about to bust everybody. That guy that everyone was I shared it on Facebook. There could not be a more clear picture of this dude that was standing on top of the car if he had a car there it's gone.
Speaker 1: Remember how you said, hey, notice something in the Atlantic? No hurricanes going on? Yeah it was today In twenty fifteen seventeen, Hurricane Irma became im such a B word record, became the most powerful Atlantic hurricane recorded five miles per hour winds. It got slightly down graded to a category four or is we in the industry call it a Cat four?
Speaker 4: I wonder if the like the Obviously the water has been heated up. That's why you get the hurricane. Right.
Speaker 1: Sometimes weather just happens. Fifty billion dollars worth of damage.
Speaker 4: The warmer the water, the more severe the storm, genius, the warmer the water shorm and it's it's the warmer the water.
Speaker 3: The deeper the quicksand that's right.
Speaker 1: No, the deeper, the bigger the wasteban, the deeper the water.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it's you get right, all right man.
Speaker 3: We will see you tomorrow for a Friday show. Remember we don't really try.
Speaker 4: On Friday shows, so unlike today. Unlike today today we try. That was a point five. We'll be negative number tomorrow, all right, man, We'll see you later. The boys are coming up next, Clay and Buck, they got plenty to talk about in cleaning, and Terry Miner's coming up at three pm.
Speaker 3: We'll see you later on News Radio eight forty w h A S.
Speaker 1: I Love you, ma,