Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, this is the perfect time to start getting into good habits. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Now. I am a brain expert, and I've seen over one hundred thousand patients, and after studying neuroscience and seeing the results with my patients personally, I've compiled the list of the most important things you need to do to prevent demensia and prevent Alzheimer's. The number one most important thing is novelty, new things. You have to do new things every single day of your life. That's why we're always jealous of children who have great memories and great brains, is because they're always learning new things. Once we get comfortable and as an adult, get comfortable in our job, get comfortable in our relationships, we start to challenge ourselves. We stop to do new things. We're very creatures of habit where every week is the same thing, you do the same thing and work. You eat the same foods, you see the same people, you go to the same places, you eat at the same restaurants. You gotta start thinking outside the box. You gotta do new things. Maybe you want to learn a new language. Maybe you can learn a new instrument. Maybe you can learn a new art. How to write poetry, how to sing, how to sculpt, how to sew. Maybe you could take a dance class. Learn how to salsa or merengue. Take a tango lesson. You can do line dancing. You could do pole dancing, belly dancing, hip hop dancing, zoomba. I don't care what it is, but get your body moving. Learn something new or take on a new sport. Learn how to play pickleball, learn how to bowl, learn ping pong, learn how to golf, Learn how to play tennis, Learn how to play basketball, soccer. Learn how to roller skate or bike or rollerblader, or ski or snowboard or surf. I don't care what it is, but do something new and do something that your body wants to do that's fun. Learn how to play chess, learn how to play Chinese checkers, learn how to play texas, hold them. Learn sudoku like do something new novelty. Get out to your comfort zone. Do stuff that you're not used to doing, go to new places, have some adventures, go to a new country, visit a state you've never been to, go to a brand new city. Do something that you haven't done before, like hiking or camping. You know, learn how to filter water, learn how to make a fire. You know, keep learning new things, maybe stuff that's useful. Learn how to change a tire, learn how to put up a shelf, learn how to garden, learn how to cook. So if you could learn something new and make it useful in your life, even better. So you've got to keep learning new things, that's novelty, and you could do new things. Right. You could take off your left shoe, walk backwards while whistling Dixie. You know, if you've never done that before. That's something new.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be learn how to play the drums where you got to get a whole drum set. But maybe learn how to play the harmonica, learn the triangle. It doesn't have to be something big. It could be just the flute, get a little keyboard. But learn something new novelty. If you want your brain to be strong, think, hey, what can I do today that's brand new? What can I do today that I've never done before? Right? So, if it's you know, doing the crossword puzzle every day, you've done that before. Or if it's reading your romance novels, you've done that before. Or if it's going for a walk every day, you've done that before. Do something different now. I'm not saying crossword puzzles, going for a walk, right that those are healthy for you. But continue to do though, but add something new, challenge yourself, all right. If you have grandkids, spend some time with them and let them teach you something new that they're doing you know that you're not used to doing, maybe some game they learned at school or some subject they're learning. Right, There have been scientific evidence that grandparents who spend more time with their grandkids have less incidents of dementia Alzheimer's and live a longer, healthier life because when you hang out with your grandkids, you're doing new things. They might have you imagine something and play a game, or you know, participate in activity that you're not used to doing. Kids keep you young, they keep your brain healthy. Spend as much time as you can with your grandkids or your kids play games with them. Buy a board game that you've never done. Novelty is key, so I don't care if it's a new game, right and say, oh, you know I've never played Clue or Life or Boggle or something. You know that we played growing up, but you never did, and now you can teach your kids how to do it as you learn. So it could be something fun, a card game or something. Try to stay away from electronics, so don't play these games on the computer, but playing in real life. Right. So, you can learn a new game, you can learn a new language, you can learn a new instrument, you can learn a new dance move, you can learn a new hobby. There's so many things you can learn crocheting. You know, you could be a stamp collector. You can join a book club. You can make legos. Do something something new that you're not used to doing. Learn how to do digital art. Take a writing class. Do something new that you've never done before. Every single day, take on a new sport where you get physical activity plus brain activity plus you're gonna challenge yourself. And I don't care what it is, right, Learn how to ice skate. That would be great. Learn how to swim, learn how to sell, learn how to boogey board, do some sport, some activity that's new to you, and go to a new place. Take a vacation. I take twelve vacations a year. I want to explore new places every every single year of my life. I want to meet new people and even the old stuff.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you go to work, take a new route to work. If you go to the gym, do a new exercise routine at the gym. If you want to watch a movie, watch something in a different language. Get out of your comfort zone.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're going to cook dinner, cook something you've never cooked before, think outside the box. Stop being creatures of habits. You have to do new things. You have to meet new people. Stop hanging out with your same crowd every single week. Start meeting new people, Start going to new places, Start doing new activities. To make up a new hobby, play a new sport, do a new exercise, learn a new language, learn a new musical instrument. Novelty is the key for all aspects of your life. You don't want to eat the same the same food every week. That's not good. Right. Let's say if you meditate every day, but it's the same way. That's not good. Right. If you read but it's the same book over and over, that's not good. Switch it up. Don't keep playing the same games. If you do the crossword puzzle every day, it loses its effect. So you do the crossword puzzle on Monday, Sudoku on Tuesday, Amaze on Wednesday, a jigsaw puzzle on Thursday, play cards on Friday, Chess on Saturday, Monopoly on Sunday. Change it up every single day. Do something different. Novelty is the key to prevent a and Alzheimer's. Doing the same thing over and over again every single week, that's gonna make your brain die off. And what do people do? They do They work out the same way, they go to the same job, they eat the same dinner, everything's, you know, the same over and over. They get the same root, talk to the same people every single day. That is a recipe for disaster. So start getting outside your comfort zone, Start learning new things, Start being bad at things, do stuff you're not good at, stuff where you gotta think, you gotta challenge, be uncomfortable. That's where your brain gets stronger when you're uncomfortable. So the number one most important thing to prevent a benia and Alzheimer's that has been researched for decades that I've seen in my own This the number one most important thing is novelty doing new things. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six 's one two one five zero or email info at Kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. I am a brain expert, and I've seen over one hundred thousand patients in over twenty years of practice in neurology, and I've compiled a list of the most important things to do now to prevent future brain disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer's. The number one most important thing is novelty, doing new things. Number two most important thing to do is to challenge your brain, is to make it work. So a problem is with all this technology and all these smart phones, smart devices, they make us stupid. It's called digital dementia. The more you use the technology, the worse your brain gets. Right because when you use the technology, you don't have to know how to spell. The computer spell checks for you. You don't know how to have to get to a place. The GPS just tells you where to go. You don't have to add your calculator does it for you. You don't have to remember people's phone numbers. It's all in your contact lists now. Anyone who's older than forty probably realizes when they were growing up, they had to remember everybody's phone number. You had to because you didn't walk around with your address book everywhere, and you might be stuck in the street and have to use a payphone and have to call somebody, but you have to know their number, so you had to memorize the numbers. And I had dozens and dozens of people's phone numbers memorized. In fact, I still have their numbers memorized from when I was a little boy. And I remember my friend's house numbers from when we were five six years old. And lots of people still remember their friend's numbers. But if you ask them what is their friend's cell phone number right now, they will have no clue because nobody memorizes phone numbers anymore. Well, don't be like the ninety nine percent. When you're like the ninety nine percent, you get the dementia. When you're like the ninety nine percent, you're gonna get heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes, flu lime, covid, dementia, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's stroke. That's most of America. Don't be like most of America. Don't be the ninety nine percent. Be the one percent. Be the one percent that challenges their brain. Be the one percent that eats a healthy diet. Be the one percent that wakes up early to exercise and meditate and read and write a gratitude journal and do oil pulling and practice mindfulness and kept good relationships and meal prep. Be the one percent. You got to do what other people don't do, because if you do what you're supposed to do, then you end up healthy. Right now, people expect their memory to get worse with age. Doctors expect people's memory to get worse with age. People just accept it and say, Oh, I'm just getting old. Don't accept that big lie that lie to you this entire time. It's not true that your brain gets worse with age. It's not true that your memory gets worse with age. You should actually get better with age because you have more experience, more knowledge, more maturity. You learn from your mistakes, your brains. You get stronger and stronger as you get older, not worse. But you got to use your knowledge to challenge your brain. You gotta work hard. Start memorizing people's phone numbers. Start memorizing addresses. Don't put it in the GPS. Memorize your grocery list. Don't just look at your list. Stop using the calculator. Actually do some math yourself. Don't use the spell check. Challenge yourself to try and fix it on your own. Don't use all the technology. It's easy, it's quicker, it's more convenient, but it leads to digital dementia. You've got to start challenging your brain right. If you don't use the GPS, you might get lost. So maybe leave a little bit earlier, and it's okay if you get lost, you'll learn from your mistakes. Okay, it's okay if you dial the wrong number, but at least you tried. It's not about getting it right. It's just about challenging yourself. Get a little bit uncomfortable. So this week, your cha chlenge is to memorize five people's phone numbers that you don't know, and memorize five addresses that you don't know, and use your brain. You use it or you lose it. I'm like a physical therapist, but for your brain. So instead of challenge you with a bicep curl or a squat, I want to challenge you with a brain exercise. There's lots of brain exercises that you could do at home. Try this right now, take your left leg and draw big clockwise circles, over and over and over. Give me your leg straight, big circles in the air, and without stopping. At the same time, take your left arm and draw big number six in the air, so clockwise circles with your left leg and the number six with your left hand. That's a brain exercise that's gonna challenge you. Remember what we said based on neuroscience, The second most important thing is to stimulate your brain, to challenge it, to make you think, make you work. You know, if there's someone who speaks Spanish at your work, start trying to speak Spanish with them. Challenge yourself and don't look it up on the internet. How you say this word, Try and use it yourself and if you mess up, that's okay, and then maybe the person correct you and then you can learn. Challenge your brain. It's not rocket science. If you want your memory to improve, you have to do memory exercises. But how many people are doing memory exercises. You got to do it every day if you want to prevent to mention Alzheimer's, because I do. I don't want to get Alzheimer's when I get older, So I got to challenge my brain. How come you brush your teeth every day without even thinking about it. Every morning you brush your teeth before you leave, and then every evening brush your teeth before bed. You do it every single day. But do you ever challenge your brain every single day?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And what's more important your brain or your teeth. Your brain is the most important organ in your entire body. It controls everything. Nothing else works without your brain. Your heart would not pump without your brain. Your stomach would not digest food without your brain. Your lungs would not breathe oxygen without your brain. Your thyroid would not release hormones without your brain. You're pancreas would not metabolize glucose without your brain. Your liver would not detox your heavy metals or your mold exposures without your brain.
Speaker 4: People are always looking for Oh, it's like because I got lime disease, I got covid, I got heavy metals, I got lead poisoning, I got mercury, I got mold exposure, I got hitting the head.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what we all have this. We all have mold exposure, we all have heavy metal exposure. We're all all, you know, attacked by viruses and bacteria and parasites everybody has that. We all have cancer. But it's when our immune systems and our brain are weak is when these things start to take over. So if you get your brain stronger, you can handle mold exposure. If your brain is stronger, you can handle the tick bite that has lime disease. If your brain is stronger, you can handle the COVID after someone coughed on you. It's all about your brain. It's not about the environment and what you're exposed to. It's how do you metabolize it, how do you fight it off? How do you detox from it. We all got heavy metal exposure. But if your brain is strong, it gets rid of it. You either poop it out or pee it out, or sweat it out, or booger it out, or ear wax it out, or cry it out or period it out. We all have these processes to get rid of our bad stuff. Now, obviously we want to limit our bad stuff, right, so we don't want to ingest mercury. If you have mercury fillings and they're leaking, yeah, you gotta get rid of them. You don't want to eat all the big fish that have the high mercury. You don't want to have the fluoride in your toothpaste and in your water. You don't want to have the lead in your pipes and in your old paint chips. You don't want to have the cadme in in your fried chicken. You don't have the arsenic and your brown rice and apple juice.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We're all exposed to these chemicals, right, whether it's the plastics in your bottles, the teflon in your cooking, right, We're all exposed to chemicals even in the air and the foods. All the pesticides and herbicides g round up. All our foods are sprayed with this crap, which is banned in other countries because it causes cancer. Not in America. America's too greedy, So we have glyphis sate all over. It's on our grass, it's on our fruits, it's on our vegetables we eat it. It's on our wheat, our corn, our soy. It's everywhere. Causes brain inflammation, causes autoimmune disease, cause it digests the problems Alzheimer's. Stay away from glyphis sate. Start buying organic food all right, So number one way to improve your brain and prevent dimension to those Alzheimer's is novelty and number two, based on neuroscience, is challenging your brain. If you do these two things, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. I am a brain expert, and I've seen over one hundred thousand patients, and I've compiled the list of the most important things that you could do at home to improve your brain function and prevent Alzheimer's and dementia. The number one most important thing that has been proven through neuroscience to improve the function of your brain is novelty doing new things. The second most important thing is challenging your brain, is it making it work? And the third most important thing that has been proven through neuroscience is proper fuel delivery. Now, fuel delivery is broken down into four parts. Number one is your food. Now, a lot of people take multivitamins because they say, oh, I'm not getting my nutrients. Multivitamins are very dangerous. You're not deficient in all of those vitamins, so be very careful with taking a multi vinamin because if you take stuff that you don't need, then it becomes toxic. Plus ninety nine percent of the multivitamins, whether you get it at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's CBS Vitamin Shop GNC. I don't care where you get it. Most of them are filled with fillers, contaminants, impurities, sugars, food dyes, artificial flavors, artificial coloring, all this crap that we don't want in our body. You always measure the risk versus the reward. So if you're taking something, what's the risk of taking it and what's the reward? Is it worth it? What benefit are you getting out of taking a multivitamin? Probably none? And most people that come to my office are already taking multi vitamins and I have to get them off that immediately. You're not deficient in all of those vitamins. Stop taking multivitamins, do a thorough blood work, and then you can see what you're deficient in. The most common vitamin that people a ficient is D and that's not even a vitamin, that's a hormone, okay, And we get that from the sun. The sun is also one of the four areas of fuel delivery. So right now, if it's cold and it's winter and you don't get much sunlight, and when you are outside you're covered with a hat and gloves and a jacket and pants. You're not gonna get a lot of vitamin D exposure, so you might have to supplement. I personally supplement with apex Energetics Ultra five thousand and so I take five thousan eye you in the summer and I take ten thousand in the winter. We need vitamin D. Vitamin D is very important to prevent dementia. So the neuroscience has showed if you're vitamin D de fishion, you're more likely to get dementia and Alzheimer's. In addition, it affects your thyroid, so you're gonna have hormonal issues. We see so many people with rectilisfunction, lack of libido, fertility issues, and women mentional problems, morning sickness, hot fleshes, nights sweats, period cramping, abnormal cycles, abnormal bleeding. Oh my god. We see tons of these hormonal stuff and most of the time people of these hormonal issues have vitamin D problems. So get out in the sun. Take off your glasses so the sun can touch your eyes. Take off your hat, take roll up your sleeves, get more skin exposure, roll up your pant legs, get some skinn exposure. So to get vitamin D. You want to go when it's brightest outside, you know, lunchtime, sometime between twelve and two where the sun is strongest. If you are really vitamin D eat fission and you can't get outside too much, might have to supplement. So we've got Vitamin D is part of your fuel delivery. Food is part of your fuel delivery. To get all your nutrients. Like we said, you don't need a multi vitamin, but you need to eat each color of the rainbow, super super important. If you eat each color of the rainbow, then you're getting all your nutrients. If you eat the same thing every week, you're not gonna get your nutrients. You know how to patient says, oh, doctor Kaplin. I eat so healthy every single day. I have broccoli and chicken for lunch and I have a piece of salmon and a salad for dinner, same thing every day. So they think they're healthy, and I'm like, no, that's not healthy. You're not getting any colors. All you got is that green broccoli. That's it. You need something that's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Every single day. You gotta cover the rainbow, then you get your nutrients. Stay away from all the white foods, dairy, stay away from all dairy. You are not a baby, you don't need milk, and you're not a cow, so you definitely don't need cow's milk. All right, Milk is for babies, and cow's milk is for cow's babies. Goat's milk is for goat babies. Sheep milk is for sheep babies. The only milk you should ever have is when you're a baby and your breast fed. Once you start eating whole foods, you do not need to drink milk anymore. In fact, you don't need to drink anything. The only thing you should drink after you stop breastfeeding is water. You don't need coffee, you don't need soda, you don't need juice. You don't need milk. You don't need smoothies and shakes. You don't need lemonade and iced tea. Stay away from the drinks. Those are what create unhealthy brain and body. You're not getting your nutrients. Don't drink orange juice. Eat an orange. Don't drink apple juice. Eat an apple, don't drink coffee. Exercise in the morning, don't drink alcohol, meditate at night. Okay, there's no need to drink anything besides water, and water is the third part of fuel delivery. So we've got sunlight, we got food, and then we got water. Now with the food, we're staying away from white foods, which include dairy, which also includes sugar, which also include you know, flour, any bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, crackers, muffins, croissants, bagels, toes, butter, sour cream, cream, cheese, creamy sauces. Stay away from all the white foods, all the dairies, all the bread, all those big carby, starchy stuff. Stay away from that. So eat all the colors. Stay away from the right. Get your sunlight, get your water. Supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. So if you weigh two hundred pounds, you need one hundred ounces. If you weigh one hundred pounds, you only need fifty ounces. Make sure you drink water on an empty stomach. The worst thing is to actually drink coffee on an empty stomach. That's the worst thing, and I know so many people that do that. So when my patients tell me, oh, in the morning, first thing I do is drink a cup of coffee. It's the first thing I have them get rid of and that changes their life. If you have digestive problems, sleeping problems, anxiety, acid reflux, ADHD, brain fog, low energy, this is the worst thing to do is drink coffee on an empty stomach. All right, So first thing in the morning, what you should do is oil pulling, right when you wake up. Oil pulling will kill off all the bad bacteria. Don't do listine or mouthwash which has alcohol, because that kills off all the good bacteria. Oil pulling is where you swish coconut oil all around in your mouth first thing in the morning for thirty seconds, then spit it out in the garbage. Don't put it in the sink because that clogs the pipes and stuff like that. So oil pulling you'll kill off all the bad bacteria and you get rid of it first in the morning. Then you're gonna have a nice glass of warm lemon water with a pinch of Celtic salt to get your minerals. Maybe get a filter for your house and your shower head. You can get a reverse osmosis filter. Make sure they get rid of fluoride. Lead, aluminum, all the toxic stuff that can be found in our water. Don't drink water from the plastic water bottles because those plastic water bottles, the plastics leaks into the water and you end up drinking plastics. So when you store your water, store in glass or stainless steel, don't use the plastic water bottles. And then, like we said, warm lemon water with a pinch of Celtic salt. That's the way to do it. First thing in the morning. Let's say you weigh one hundred pounds, so you need fifty ounces a day, and you want to split into five glasses. Yes, all right, So if you need five glasses and you are one hundred pounds, you need ten ounce glasses for each of those five glasses. If you're two hundred pounds, you need twenty ounces for each of those glasses. So here there are five glasses of water that you should drink every day, first thing in the morning, right away, then a half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, then a half hour before lunch on an empty stomach, half hour before dinner on an empty stomach, and at night as well on an empty stomach. So those are five times first thing in the morning, before each meal and at night, and then just do the math for your specific weight so you know how much each glass has to be filled. All right, So you have to drink half your body weight in ounces every single day. So we got sunlight, we got food, we got water, and the last thing is oxygen. It's gotta do breathing exercises. Inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, for eight seconds. This is for fuel delivery. When you inhale, push your diaphragm down and out like you're a pregnant person. And when you exhale, suck everything in to squeeze out the carbon dioxide so you have more oxygen less carbon dioxide. Do that three times minimum, three times a day. Work on your posture. People slouch forward, it's harder to breathe. Keep that chin up when your neck is flexed down. It's also harder to breathe. Go out in nature, go out in the trees, in the forest, go to the park, go in the woods, breede that oxygen. And inside your house, get some oxygen producing plants. Snake plant, spider plant, an alovera plant, money plant. Those will purify your air better. Than any type of plants, which will increase your oxygen levels for proper fuel delivery so that your brain functions at a higher level. Therefore you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplin, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, there are lots of ways that the narrowscience has proven to increase your brain function to prevent Alzheimer's and dementia. The top three that are most important are number one, novelty, doing new things. Number two brain exercise. Just like you go to gym and exercise your muscles, you got to do brain exercise, brain challenges. And then number three is fuel delivery, getting the proper sunlight, water, food, and oxygen. Those are by far the three most important things to improve your brain function, and you gotta do those on a daily basis. This is not just a one time thing. You have to do it on a daily basis, and that is called neuroplasticity, where you actually rewire your brain and change the input, change the neurotransmitters, change the synaptic connections, change those collaterals. We gotta stimulate that brain. Now we also have to take care of the brain. We gotta get the proper rest. So you gotta get good sleep. And in the winter maybe it's better to sleep a little bit longer. So I personally sleep seven hours in the summer and eight hours in the winter. The best time to do it is ten pm to six am. The hours before and midnight are the most important hours for proper sleep. So sleeping from twelve to eight is very different than sleeping from ten to six. Ten to six, you'll function at a much higher level. Now, another good, important aspect of neuroplasticity to rewire your brain is called intermittent fasting. With intermittent fasting, you'll only eat from ten am to six pm. The reason we eat is for energy, So why are you gonna eat at nine o'clock at night when you don't need energy, when you just want to relax and go to bed. We got to eat during the day when we're most active, when we're working, when we're moving, when we're driving, when we're focused, and we gotta think and we gotta get stuff done. That's mostly done. From ten am to six pm. That's when we're gonna eat, and then you're gonna sleep from ten pm to six am. So you eat when the sun's out and you sleep when the sun's down. It's not rocket science, right. The stuff I teach you is pretty logical, but these days, unfortunately people don't use logic. Right, It's pretty logical to not drink milk. You're not a baby, but we've been brainwashed with these celebrities with their milk mustaches, and the schools with their milk, and the doctors saying, oh you got the calcium, and the people with the older there's gonna keep your bone strong. You've been brainwashed. Don't fall for it. There's lots of brainwashing that goes on in society. Don't follow what everyone else does, or else you end up like everyone else. I learned this early on with the food pyramid, to not trust the government. They're not gonna teach us what's healthy. They actually don't want us healthy, because if we're healthy, then we don't need them. They want to sick and stupid, so that we think we need them to save us. The truth is, you don't need anybody. You don't need doctors, you don't need government, you don't need health insurance for all. Stop being brainwashed. If you take care of your body, you don't need doctors. You don't need hospital visits. You don't need cat skins and pet scans and ultrasounds and mammograms. You don't need all this medicine, diabetes medication, high blood pressure medications, all these statin drugs. Oh my god, almost everyone's on a statin for cholesterol. Guess what one of the number one causes of dementia is Statin drugs. Guess what the most prescribed drugs are Statin drugs. We need cholesterol for our brain to function. Cholesterol is not the enemy. I'm sick of everyone taking anti cholesterol meds. Need cholesterol. Guess what we also need bacteria. Stop taking all these antibiotics every time you get sick. Stop using all these antibacterial soaps, antibacterial lotions, antibacterial spraysed, all these bleaches, all this crap. We need bacteria. Your body is mostly bacteria. So you want cholesterol, you want bacteria, You want stomach acid. God, all these people are giving an acids, these protein pump inhibitors. So you're taking antibiotics, which is going to ruin the gut microbiome. Then you take an acids, whether it's prescription or tongues or rolaids. Now that makes our immune system even worse because the stomach acid it kills all parasites, bacteria, viruses, mold exposures, yeast infections. But when you take an ascids, now you can absorb your food. Now you can't kill off all the bad stuff. We need blood flow, So stop taking all this high blood pressure medication which brings down blood flow. Guess what when you take high blood pressure medication, now the pressure doesn't squeeze the blood into your brain. Now your brain's gonna become weaker. Guess what also makes you weaker? Diabetes medications. And now everyone's taking these diabetes medications for weight loss. When you take a diabetes medication for weight loss, you lose eighty percent muscle and only twenty percent fat. And your heart's a muscle, your intestines are muscles. Your bones become weak, your brain becomes weak, your heart becomes weaker, digestive tract becomes weak. Everything gets weak when you take these diabetes medications. When you lose weight naturally proper nutrition, going to bed early, drinking more water, exercising more, you lose eighty percent fat and only twenty percent mos. So that's the way to do it to live a long, healthy life. If you do it with the diabetes medication, you're more likely to get dimension Alzheimer's. In fact, they're calling Alzheimer's disease diabetes type three. So instead of taking medicine, how about changing some habits. How about not eating late at night that'll bring down your diabetes numbers. How About not eating so many carb starches that'll bring down your diabetes numbers. How About exercising more that'll bring it down. Less sedentary lifestyle that'll bring it down. Going to bed earlier that'll bring it down. So many natural, easy ways to bring down your diabetes numbers without medication. Don't come to see me if you just want a quick fix, if you just want to pill, if you just want to supplement an herb or some iv or some injection to cure your disease, That's not what I do. But if you want to get to the root cause of your problem and you want to get a permanent solution where you don't have to see doctors, take pills, take supplements, herbs, vitamins, all this stuff, then you should book in a point with us, and I'm gonna give a gift. We're gonna do three different tests. Each test is normally six hundred dollars, but we're gonna give a gift to all my listeners for the new year. You could get each test. Instead of paying six hundred dollars a test, You're only gonna have to pay twenty one dollars a test, and you could do all three tests. I'm gonna review them right now. The first test is called a qEEG brain mapping, where you wear a cap looks like a swimmers cap, and it's got electrodes to it and it measures all your brain waves alpha, beta, theta delta, and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves, it's gonna tell us which areas of the brain are functioning at high levels and which areas the brains are Once we find out which areas of the brains are weak, we could give therapeutic exercises through a process called neuroplasticity the strength in that area of your brain. That test is super quick, super easy, no radiation, no clausophobic tube, no contrast fluid, and no side effects, no risks, no pain. Takes only about twenty to thirty minutes to do. It's normally six hundred dollars for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get it for twenty one dollars. That's the first test. The second test is called a VNG video and nostography, where you wear these goggles and you have infrared cameras on them and then are measuring left and right and up and down and fast and slow and dark and light, and it's gonna tell us which areas of the brain are overactive and which are underactive. So it might be the left is over and the right is under. It might be the parietal is working too little and the sympathetic is doing too much. So it literally tells which areas are overactive and which areas are underactive. If they're overactive, you might have you know, insomnia, sleep deprivation. You might have ADHD. You might have anxiety. You might have heart palpitations. You might have trouble focusing. You might have distractions, you might worry a lot, have anger management, be aggressive, can't control their temper. You might have like heart palpitations, arrhythmias. This is overactive. Now some people might have an underactive. You might get depression, brain fog, low energy, poor memory, can't think clearly, low thyroids, slow metabolism, weight gain. So this will pick up which areas are underactive. That's why I love the V ANDNG balances out the left and the right side to tell us which areas we need to stimulate and which areas we need to relax. That test is also normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call or text or email you could get the VNG for only twenty one dollars. The third test is a one on one with me where we would go over the qEEG brain mapping. We would go over the VNG brain test. Then I would keep my own personal test where we go over your memory, your balance, your heart, your lungs, your stomach, your posture, your alignment, your eyes, your ears, your mouth, your tongue. We do a whole neurological and physical evaluation. Even if you've done blood work, we'll go over that. It's normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you could get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. You could do all three. If you want twenty one dollars qEEG, twenty one dollar VNG, and a twenty one dollar one on one with me, All you gotta do is be one of the first seven people to call, text or email. The phone number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. You could call or email just say you listen to the show. You want all three tests. You want to be one of the first seven callers six four, six, two two, one, six, seven three eight. If nobody answers, leave a message because there's gonna be a lot of people that call. So if even if you don't get picked up, as long as you leave a message saying you want to be one of the first seven people, you'll get there. You can text us too, or you can email info at kaplanbraininbody dot com. Just say you want all three tests. You listen to the radio show, you want to take advantage of the offer. You want to start off the new year right. We're also doing a boost your brain Power challenge if you're on Facebook, so just email us or Texas that you want to be part of the challenge. It's gonna be a seven day challenge. I'm gonna give you assignment, one assignment a day for seven straight days, and by the end of the week your memory should actually improve. It's called the seven Day Boos Your brain Power Challenge starting January fifteenth. If you want to sign up, it's totally free, just call, text, email. You could go to our website if you want more information kaplindc dot com. If you're on social media, you could like and follow us on Facebook, Caplin Brain and Body on Instagram at Kaplan Brain Body, and we're on TikTok at doctor Eric Kaplan. We also have a book called Boost your Brain Power, a Guide to improving your memory and focus. You could get that on Amazon. When you put in brain power, put in one word. If you want to listen to the old shows, just go on the website or the application for the radio show and you could go on the archives. Just put in my name and my show and you can listen to all the old shows. And if you are interested in virtual visits as well, so if you can't come to the office to do the vane or the qEEG, we're also doing a lot of virtual visits because people from around the world want to improve their brain function through process called neuroplasticity, so they function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to Boost your brain Power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, for posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.