Speaker 1: Dude, I don't know what I ate this morning, Ross, but about ten minutes, about ten minutes ago, it has absolutely declared war on Monday. So we're going to try to get through all of this. But at any point you may see me just sprint out of the studio. Okay, all right, very good. I know you probably all didn't want to know that, but just one of those mornings. All right. So, how was everyone's weekend? I know some of you got tasked with a little bit of homework there. If you work for the federal government, a little busy work, little something, You're not sure what you know? Is it about what you're right there? Is it more just the exercise? Is it just somebody in some sort of management position, clearly obviously just checking boxes? Did it require a debate, a grandiose debate over the weekend of people going this just ain't right, this is horrible? How dare you? Or is it literally everything that I deal with and Ross deals with and many of you deal with every day working in the private sector. Ross, do you remember can you think of any busy work we had here in the last couple of weeks here at iHeartRadio. This is not a criticism by the way of our wonderful employer. But can you think of anything that you did you don't have to be specific, that maybe felt a little like busy work, maybe not the main cruchi.
Speaker 2: I always say pretty much everything I do is incredibly important and understanding.
Speaker 1: I don't know about busy work, right, I understand that, but sure, yes, I don't know. Maybe like forty five minute annual tutorials on how to run something that you and I've run for twenty years, right, maybe that well, eas compliance training.
Speaker 2: It's the thing that goes around a lot of businesses, like at the beginning of the year, right, they're like, you know, we're gonna do all these new things, and we're going to do these things and check these boxes. And then typically the way it works is, you know, by June those things aren't being done anymore and things are like back to quote normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it's just and but you don't quit your job over it. Ran What do you do? You go in the break room where you're watching somebody milk make milky coffee out of the cyrig ew what's up with that? This is why I don't drink coffee. Right here, Poor Ross got in the currig last week and apparently nobody had made it. Dude. Yeah no.
Speaker 2: So I got here like you know, I that was the day Wednesday of the first storm or the first snow. So I got up at like two point thirty, left at three so I could get here in time for the show and get everything load and everything ready, and so I couldn't stop for my normal breakfast and my caffeine and stuff. So I'm like, yeah, that's fine. He used to carry get work. It'll be great, you know what I mean. Let be use it in a while and to be fine. So you know, they're doing a little construction here, like the walls are gone. It's nuts. So I'm like, well, the sink is still there though, and the kitchen is still there, so gonna make me some coffee and you know, starting to go fill up the curreg machine. And the water that comes out of all the plumbing is like paint. It's like white, white, misty paint.
Speaker 1: I just had a selectrolyte. It's what plants crave man. So Marky was like getting free brondo.
Speaker 2: Marky was like, just clean out the carrig machine like with what I'm like, the waters white paint.
Speaker 1: It's got a filter on it, though, got a filter. I mean, I'm sure it's fine. It's fine. So yeah, yeah, it's just like you go into the break room when you're making your coffee there and you go to your coworker're like, oh man, did you did you do the compliance training? But huh, yeah, it's so dumb whatever, and then you guys do it, and then and then you go do you go to your damn job? This is not that difficult. I got to make a web video I've been putting off for a week. I think I'm going to finally do that today. I don't want to do it, but it's also it's not an impossible task. So I think I did what a lot of people did this weekend. When I saw that Elon Musk was sending this email out where I actually sat down and I wrote a list of like I like wonder what I would come up with, like what did I actually do last week? And it took me maybe five ten minutes, but the list was substantial, and I was like, it actually made me feel good when I was done with them, Like I accomplished a lot last week. Guys should have more money. Oh, okay, well you could eat. Let me know how that angle goes like.
Speaker 2: It's not a hard thing to do. I think a lot of times though it might be daunting or stress for or concerning if you're not actually doing anything and then you have to write down what you did, or maybe it's just a pain in the ass and you just don't want to do it because you're busy doing other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be fair, this is what Ross wrote. If you guys just don't know this, he said, quote set out on a journey after being abandoned at the Grand Canyon when I was just eight, to find my birth parents. That's the Joe Dirt theme. That's what happens in Joe Dirt, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It was lonely in the trash can man? Okay, it scary.
Speaker 1: The premise of Joe Dirt is a thing you did last week?
Speaker 2: Man, I I did a lot. I'm being completely serious. When you actually write down the list, you're like, damn, that's awesome. I go meet pat myself on the back.
Speaker 1: And even if you want to write a list, that's boring. Right, what did you do last week? I only did my compliance training. We only did four shows because it was a four day week, but I cut some specs for sales for some new clients. Like that's all. It's simply the act of writing and them registering that you're you're actually checking your email, is I think pretty much what they're looking for, right, They're not sitting there going, oh, it's it's a very eloquent description here that you've provided of this very inane thing that you do. That's not like they don't care.
Speaker 2: Now, this is something he actually did when you first bought Twitter as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it was. Yeah, but everyone through the paces went over there and they and they made and they made it sound like it was a horror story at the time too. Can you believe he's making people come in and explain what they do?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure there was like really bad because we've seen these videos on Twitter or Instagram whatever it is, Yeah, my day in life at Twitter, and it's just like you're watching these people and you're like, you're not actually doing any work.
Speaker 1: No, but they have amazing breakrooms.
Speaker 2: Right in the breakfast bar and the omelets, and their water isn't a white misty paint.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they don't. They don't struggle with that so so yeah, really this whole and the problem is every time you guys turn this into When I say you guys, I mostly mean the media, but but you know, there were plenty of government workers willing to sit down and be interviewed. When you sit there and you do an interview bemoaning your station in life about having to write this email which took takes two minutes, okay in the grand scheme of things, and you you go and you seek out sympathy from people, even people who politically are one hundred percent where you're at, who actually work in normal life, in real life. They look at you and they go, what are you whining about?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I mean, what possibly are you on about? What's the worst thing you have to do at your job? Right? And you just envisioned it, whatever it may be. What's the worst thing you have to do. You don't have to say it out loud, and I want you to insult somebody work with, but you have a thing right, But you do it right because it becomes the dividing line. Maybe one day you don't do it, Maybe you go, you know what, I've had enough of this job and this thing I have to do and I'm going to go do something else, and that's fine, and you do that. But unless you're like a sex slave or right, or you murder kittens for science or something, right, like, nobody wants to hear you complain about it. Nobody knows, especially when it's something that stupid. Nobody wants to just take time and draw over my weekend. I had to write this email. Took me like five minutes. I'd remember stuff all. No, dude, there's people with scrub toilets every day, some of you, some of you are listening. Scrub toilets every day is part of your your job, and you do it. This is part of the gig. That's because that's your job. That's what you signed up for. And so you're not gonna get sympathy from people. Now if during the course of the time when you're struggling that when you're when you're cleaning the toilets, your manager shoots you with a pellet gun. Right, Okay, When I'm listening, I'm like, hey, you know what, maybe maybe you shouldn't work for that guy a monster, But it's not. It's just the thing you have to do that I admittedly I don't want to answer email from salespeople over the weekend, answer email from anybody.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm not gonna lie though what you just said. Like if I'm walking down the hallway and Trevor walks out with like a blow dart gun, I'm like, I have more respect for the man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's getting some Look at these numbers. Look at the numbers improving. It's amazing. But but you whining at you. Oh, I'm gonna do an email. I got to. I gotta remember. I don't have to look up anything, right, I'm gonna have to I have to get out the periodicals. I don't have to do any research. I'm gonna go do what I do on Wednesday. No, no, not when I got drunk, but the happy hour with the guys. No, no, no, before that, Oh, I did a TPS report. Write TPS report, shut up or make something up to see if they're paying attention. Broker world Peace. Write there, just to see if they're reading. To just be I just want to see for paying attention when they come in to shoot you with the blow dark gun. It's what a dumb, horrible and it's Monday. It's one of those days where we do a lot of stuff we don't want to do, like I don't know, show up to work. Everything is dumb. And then you going on doing an interview trying to get sympathy from people who are gonna go in and scrub a toilet, you're gonna shot with a blow dark gun or whatever, you know, whatever Monday hell is in store for them. They're all laughing at you and and even making people who think that they don't like Trump's style go, you know what, maybe he's onto something something to think about five seventeen or excuse me, six seventeen. Hang on, dude, this is I'm telling you what, man, I don't know if I eat something or what. Yeah, you hear me, speculate that about that, or you can listen to Chris Christie, who obviously did eat something. All the somethings. This is what I'm talking about. Just you know, they wheel Chris Christie out there to then talk about this, this breaking news, this horrible email that Elon sent and nobody cares. Nobody sympathetic because everyone's sitting there going, you know, I got to go back to work Monday, and I got that thing I got to do, and oh I don't want to do that, and you know, Chris Christie has to come out. He has to be the one who's I want to.
Speaker 4: Start with what Elon Musk did on Saturday, which is order all federal employees to list their accomplishments or basically be fired.
Speaker 5: Can you do that? Well, no, he can't. Let's look at it a few ways, Martha. First, from a legal perspective, you have a situation where it is a complete overstep for him to be asking people what did you do in the last week and then use that as a basis to evaluate whether someone should be retained or fired. You know, as with everybody's employment, things vary from week to week. And I think that if that went to court with an employee who was fired, if mister Musk and his minions didn't find what they did in the last week acceptable, there would be very little, if any, legal basis for them to be able to prevail.
Speaker 1: Meaning the government. He's just literally he's just making it up. Well, well, you're telling me that a government employee can't be asked to do a simple task, which is what they're being asked to do. It's not really about the content. And if they then don't do the task can be disciplined. And you're telling me that that's not that, well, then that's a problem. That's a problem if that's literally not a thing, because that's the real world, that's what people deal with. What are you talking about, sir.
Speaker 4: Christ The Trump administration has had some wins and these legal battles. In fact, a federal judge agreed that they can now put thousand of USAID employees on leave. So any surprise there and take a look at all the wins they.
Speaker 5: Have had, no, Martha, Look, I think that if you follow an organized process, the executive will have a lot of authority to be able to lay people off reorder priorities within the government as a whole and within particular departments as well a USAID as an agency but working very closely with the State Department. So it's not that they can't do it, it's just you can't do it in this haphazard way where you have one guy Elon Musk and his doge area, which isn't really even a department of the government, sending emails out. And then you have the people the president has appointed, and in some instances, like in kash Ptel's instance, are state confirmed people saying no disregard that. That's where the person at the top has to give appropriate direction, and that has not come from the President of the United States this point. He's giving different opinions to different folks, giving different direction. It leads to this type of thing, and that's where they're going to get in trouble in court if people sue, because there's no process for these folks to be dealt with fairly and appropriately like any employee in the public sector or the private sector.
Speaker 2: It's ross. Casey came in today like sweat and not looking well. He did make it in and his first thing was like, dude, I ate something yesterday and it just did not feeling well. So during the break he actually ran to the bathroom, Like the dude bolted down to the bathroom in a complete panic, like just sweating profusely. So I'm going to stall for time until he comes back, and we're gonna play the Doge protest songs so we can feel we can empathize how Casey is feeling right now, or at least his butt.
Speaker 6: Oh which shot are you on? Which side?
Speaker 5: Are you on?
Speaker 7: Side?
Speaker 1: Are you on?
Speaker 6: Which side are you on? We'll fight against change.
Speaker 1: We'll fight me on mess.
Speaker 6: No way lanscap within our walls. We'll fight from down to dusk. Which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 6: Which side are you on? Which side are you on? Trump's coming for our unions.
Speaker 9: He didn't wants us out to face, He didn't want us.
Speaker 6: To bow to him, But we want him in jail. Oh, which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 6: Which side are you on? Which side are you on? They say in the Capitol City.
Speaker 2: No neutrals, fat, you're reader.
Speaker 6: With the Union, are a scavvy musk plood hound?
Speaker 1: Which shot are you on? Which shide are you on?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 6: Which side are you on? The shid are you on?
Speaker 4: You take that government by off.
Speaker 9: Don't listen to Trump slides us workers havn't got a chance unless three organized.
Speaker 2: No, which I mean I'm feeling the pain? Which side that's painful? And Casey is still not.
Speaker 6: Being which side are you?
Speaker 2: So that's like, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna play an old cup from Casey talking to Pete Calendar this past Friday. I'm gonna run down the bathroom, make sure he's alive, and hopefully we'll be back. It is the case of the radio program.
Speaker 1: All right, dude and everybody, and welcome. It is Tito six here on the CaCO Day radio program. And it is Friday after a beautiful three day week that then turned into snow mcgeddon. I don't know how bad it is in Charlotte, but our radio buddy to the South peak calendar mid days WBT. All right, are you in an igloo? What'd you guys get down there?
Speaker 10: We got the normal stuff, you know, some peace and then satan slushy of like the wintry mix, and then it.
Speaker 1: Was all got full drove and stuff right, and then.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah it's and you know there are there are a couple of things like number one, we should not we should like the South gets ripped on by people who are from you know, up north, and they're like, oh, you guys don't know how to handle this, you know it, And uh look, I would oppose any kind of ramping up of the purchasing of snow plows and you know, the kind of response equipment that the Northeast gets because we don't get this very often. Number one. Number two, this is not like what you get up in the Northeast. Okay, up there it's snow, and here it's this satan slushie of ice and snow and rain and it all gets mixed in together and then it all freezes. And no, just because you can drive well in the snow doesn't mean you can drive well on ice, because nobody can drive well on ice except Zamboni's that's it. So no, you're not. You're not superior.
Speaker 1: Good like I'm good. Yeah, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 10: Though, you're pretty good on ice. But he got skates or put skates or something on the.
Speaker 1: I used to have studded tires that I put on in the winter, right, Like that was real deal stuff. And I agree with you, we don't need to go knocking this stuff out. But I saw a I saw like a map of all of the different accidents yesterday around the Triangle, and I had like a little orange brown cone for it, and I thought I was looking at the San Francisco poop map. You see the San Francisco poop map, right, somebody mapped all the poops and that's that was essentially the roads around the Triangle yesterday. Because people are dumb.
Speaker 10: Well, yes, I mean, okay, of course people are dumb. But also this idea like only Southerners are getting in accidents in these ice storms is absurd. How many of these people are coming, for example, you know from up north or out west. They don't have experience driving in these icy conditions. And so like we just like what I learned, and I'm originally from New York, so I can trash all of the people who come down here, like I drove so much better up there. I first learned to drive. My first driving experience after I got my learner's permit was in an icy parking lot. You and I can tell you, like, unless you've got the studded tires, there's nothing really you can do when your car hits ice except to, you know, wait for the skid to end, basically. And a lot of people come down here and they drive like it's snow and then they get into accidents too. So there's a reason why when the ice starts coming down, people are like, you know what, let's just take the day off and that's okay, Like that's all right to take the day off and say, hey, you know what, mother nature wants us to work from home today.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it also would probably eliminate the possibility of Gozer teaming up with the key Master and unleashing all the healthscape in the sewers of New York or the key Master, which was until recently apparently a dude who worked at Yosemite. How many people are locking that? We were just talking about this, so the audience is up on this. How many I grew up next to a national park. You might have heard of You ever heard of Yellowstone? Pete?
Speaker 3: You hear?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: From the TV show?
Speaker 1: No, I see what you did there? A lot of people do that. No, it's it's from the It's from the the Kennedy the rough Rider dude. So yeah, I and I had relatives Clinton. My uncle was the chief law enforcement officer for Yellowstone National Park for quite a few years, and I had the privilege of actually staying in those back country cabins with him on a couple a couple of trips there. I did see where a dude got eaten by a bear once, and I saw happen. I never saw a tourist locked in a bathroom. Is that the win? The Washington Post thought it was trying to go and individualize, and I have no By the way, I have nothing against Vince. Of course his name's Vince. By the way, I have nothing against this guy. And it is true. There's there's a lot of stuff you got to lock and unlock. We have it with the app, you know, with the people who walk the trail, they use those out shelters. You have to have people a minute. But it's the fallacy that in business you would never allow where if one guy, even if it's kind of a menial thing, can shut down your entire operation, you would never have that because what if he gets hit by a bus is essentially the quagmire there.
Speaker 10: Right, It's like building a death star and having one single vent, you know, weak spot. You know that you could just shoot the.
Speaker 1: Size of a womp rat. It's just the size of a womp rat. I don't understand what the problem is. What are we doing here?
Speaker 10: This is insanity, This is no What this is called is malicious compliance, correct, malicious compliance. It's the same thing they did. And for these those who were not paying any attention to politics or something back in the day when there was the government shut down under the Obama administration. Uh, and we were yeah, and we were treated to the spectacle of them like roping off Old Faithful, you know, don't look at the guysner, you're not allowed to look. Or Mount Rushmore. They closed the side of a road where people would pull off and take pictures of Mount Rushmore and they put it, yeah, like, you're not allowed to look at this. And then of course they shut down the World War Two Veterans Memorial.
Speaker 5: And then the and then you know, the flights were running up there.
Speaker 10: So literally, it's right, it's some statues on a sidewalk basically, and you're you're you're roping it. It took more money and personnel to put up all the barriers, which of course were completely deconstructed in rapid fashioned by the World War Two veterans who stormed beaches at Normandy. Do you think your gates are going to stop them from getting into their ori?
Speaker 1: And of course you have a thing for that, don't they the enemy line? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's the way for example, like, am I to believe that nobody else at Yosemite has any keys? It's just this one guy. And if you know it's the one guy, why do you fire him?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 10: Yosemite's got four hundred and fifty something employees. Why would you fire that one guy? Or at the Grand Canyon where they're like, we didn't have enough personnel to let people in through the south Gate, which is like the most popular, like ninety percent of the traffic comes in there. So they said, hey, you know what, let's really stick it to the people and to Trump and we're going to fire everybody that was working the south Gate or we'll move resources away from there to make them feel the pain. And this is malicious compliance. It's the same thing that they did with like or we're going to take off all of the books from the shelves that have anything to do.
Speaker 1: With you know, the Tuskegee Airman like now, and then they show the empty shelves photos exactly. I saw that on Twitter. And then we I was just talking about this with schools man because you know, White County's like, hey, anyway, I guess we touched on this, so like, hey, you know what we need. We need some money for like AC units and air filtration. People like, wait a sec hold up, hold up just a minute. Didn't we do this And they're like, ah, if you know, And then I have covered school districts up to it and having to go and I'm sure you've done it in your news capacity. I just have to go to the school board meetings and sit there and just stick a chopstick in both ears and eyes, man. And it's because it's so inane, it's so repetitive. But I'll tell you the thing that I saw every year is when they thought the voters weren't gonna support a bond or they're gonna have to raise it, they would come up with a contingency plan. All right, so if the voters don't vote for this, what are we going to do for the cuts? And then they would be like, all right, what's the most painful visible thing we can threaten. They'd be like, all right, well, we're not gonna kids aren't gonna have to have We're gonna chop all their heads off if you do it right. And then that's what they would put out there, and I would be seizing at the little media section there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Buses, extracurricular activities, sports, right, those are the things they cut first, and they threaten parents with in order to shake them down to extort the additional revenue out of them, rather than cutting anything else, Like, well, we've cut to the bone everywhere else we possibly can cut. So if you don't approve this, we're going to have to cut your buses. Up in New York, all of the the budgets would go to voters every year. The voters would vote on the local school budgets. And this was the I learned this lesson when I was in high school. I was covering school board meetings in high school and go into those meetings then, and this was the game they play. I know it, and I spent another decade doing it in Charlotte Meck. And this is the game, and it is malicious compliance. They make the taxpayers feel the pain so they can get more money to do other stuff that they want to do. They never go back to a zero based budget. They never zero things out and look to see are we spending this in the appropriate way. Never, it's always just continuation budgets after continuation budgets.
Speaker 1: The do we We're gonna probably stick on this topic because there's like three different scenarios, this transitionary thing, and this is I'm going to play the Commerce Secretary's audio. This is the thing. I thought, you wouldn't it be crazy if Trump tried to do this? But he wouldn't do this, and that was where we we go back to where the way that it used to be, where the federal government was largely funded, not completely, but largely funded by tariffs and various other Basically, if people wanted to do business with us, because it's pretty good to do business in the US, revenue would be derived and that would fund things. Then we went to this federal income text and the craziest thing to do would be like, hey, maybe we should go back to the other thing. Surely they wouldn't do that.
Speaker 8: And then Lutnick said that our objective under Donald Trump is to balance this budget. And I'm telling you, you watch it, We're going to do it.
Speaker 1: If you get savings from these doze cuts, are you going to give any of this back to the American people?
Speaker 3: We keep hearing about these doze dividends.
Speaker 5: Well, think about it.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump announces the External Revenue Service, and his goal is very simple, to abolish His goal is to abolish the internal revenue service and let all the outsiders pay.
Speaker 1: All right, So he's talking about that, that's what he's saying. He's saying, we'll go back to the way that he used to be. Holy crap. Is that doable? What a position the Dems would be in, because then they have to explain to people who suddenly have twenty percent or it is the mean effective rately eighteen percent, that people actually have twenty percent more money and you have to go explain to them why you don't think they should have that. But also, I don't know how that tracks in an economy that could be acted like by COVID. COVID would devastate a tiff only economy. So I'm sure you've given this some thought. What do you think?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, now, look the biggest problem here I actually have not, but I know this is an idea that gets kicked around, uh inside mainly conservative circles.
Speaker 12: The left, the liberty Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: And so. And it's because yes, this was at the founding of the nation. This was how they did. Now, they did do protection as tariffs on what they called infant industries to protect them as they were starting up. But but the idea was, yeah, you fund the government, which was obviously much much smaller at the time with these with this, with the tariff model. Now the challenge is going to be big accounting because there is a massive uh industry. I think turbo tax. What's the green guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: They spend yeah yeah, tons of money lobbying for the preservation of the system. They do not want a simplified tax code. A simplified tax code means fewer people need their services, fewer people need accountants to do their taxes. So there's a there's a massive lobbying effort against anything that would eliminate the income tax on just like those grounds. Then you layer in the fact that the left, you know, sees a penny, wants to spend a penny, and so they they kind of count all of the income generated in the private sector as you know, available for the taking. It's just a matter of how you want to do it. So they're going to be against it. But to your question, I don't know how you make an argument except for, oh my gosh, we're going to have no money, the sky is going to fall, catastrophe, which is what we saw in North Carolina. You'll recall when you know, organizations like the Budget and Tax Center or whatever they call themselves, they you know, had all of these dire predictions when the Republicans took over, and guys like Bob Rouchow State Senator, were like, I want to get the income tax to zero, and they're like, you're going to bankrupt the state. And what have we seen under Republican tax reform? We've seen surpluses, right, nobody, right that nobody that nobody thought we could achieve and we could not with the tax structure being what it was. But when you allow people to keep their own money, they engage in more economic activity that generates more sales tax revenue, uh, and that goes to the state offers. So yeah, I mean it does make sense that you know that growth solves a lot of these types of financial problems for states, and it's it.
Speaker 1: Is remarkably more Unuh how do I say it? Unundoable? Do you know what I'm saying? Like the Democrats can just because they can't come in if they seize the White House next and go everything Trump did is done. If you've visited this transition, welcome in our official NERD correspondent du jour Stephen Kent, who, much like Mark Hamill, is doing this thing pantsless. How you doing, Steven? What's up this morning?
Speaker 3: My pants are barely on casey, You're doing good?
Speaker 1: How does that work, right, he's now a Hammill's like, oh, they gave me some pants but they didn't fit. What Yeah, yeah, accently got on stage. Bro And here's the thing. I almost understand that, right, because you know, essentially these are outfits where they're dressed by different styles. But like, I lost like forty pounds this year, I have pants that if I were to try to wear them anymore and I didn't have like all the belts, would be a tragic wardrobe malfunction. But I like, inherently you know that that dude's looking Yeah, he's looking rough.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he is looking rough.
Speaker 3: He's having a hard time. He's very stressed out with his Trump derangement syndrome, and it's been a tough couple months for him.
Speaker 7: But I gotta say, man, I watched this video of his pants falling down at the Baptis, and all of my sort of political gripes about Mark Hamill went right out the window.
Speaker 12: I mean, that's that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: That just makes you turn tunity. Yeah, that makes you turn real red if you're Mark Hamill. And I think it was like Adrian Brody sitting there in that Timothy Chalomey and whatnot? Who are like, Oh, my gosh, is Mark Hamill's business If you're Mark Hamill and you don't put your hand out and go, that is not my genitals. You're looking at right like you know, what have you doing? Not doing that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Clicking on this video, I didn't know what to expect. I sort of thought that he would play it off because he's a funny guy.
Speaker 12: He can he can do he can do comedy on the go.
Speaker 3: But man, his voice is shaking and he's scrambling for his pants and he's he's trying to stay serious as possible.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's hard to watch this is This is definitely one of those videos that will make you blush.
Speaker 13: Love cinema so much that we're all gathered here to celebrate tonight. For me, it's a films create world so vivid and stories so powerful that we lose ourselves in them, completely cinematic landscape breaking a little.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know what's going on unless I told you with the audio, but obviously it's clear in the video what's going on there. I mean, that's not why we got you here. Why don't you want me to have a five thousand dollars check so I can go buy a flamethrower. Bro, What's I've.
Speaker 3: Been I've been. I've been sitting around this morning thinking about the things that I could buy with that five thousand dollars check. But Dave Ramsey has got me peeling away at my debt load.
Speaker 12: So I don't. I don't need it. You know, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I told Dave, this is special envelope. Bro, this is a special.
Speaker 10: Envelope, Dave.
Speaker 3: Dave would not be happy with any of us. He calls us moron stupid.
Speaker 1: All right, so let me we can't do that. Yeah, let me set the facts here. So I this doesn't sound like it's anything set. But one of the things that must was a toy and around with is something called the Doge dividend. But basically it would be a refund check of five thousand dollars that would go to taxpayers. And I got to tell you I've actually experienced this. I happened to be. I happen to move to Minnesota right after Jesse Ventura, right as Jesse Ventura was going into office. So one of the things that Ventura did, and it caused all sorts of fights. But I was a recipient because I had been a taxpayer the year prior is it was not five thousand. But jesse Ventura decided that he was going to take the budget surplus and then just figure it out based on tax bracket and send everyone checks. And they did, and I got my Jesse Ventura check. That was the thing. And some people were very upset, saying, well, I don't know, why don't you just hold on to the money and then you know, not use it and then next year, rather than taking as much tax revenue, why don't you use you know, put it towards that, Because inherently there's a cost to issuing all of those checks, and I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't a small cost, and I think they screwed something up to that they had to fix. So uh, But then I saw you have a very visceral reaction to the proposal yesterday. You just you just scream wrote no. And then why why don't you want me to have my fun check that I can go out and you know, blow on stupid stuff? Man? What's up with that?
Speaker 5: Pool me?
Speaker 3: Once you know I'm not going to be fooled again or something like the saying goes, look this this needs congressional approval. Any initiative to redistribute federal funds is going to require legislative action. That's exactly what happened with the the the checks that we all received during COVID, that was part of a congressional effort to do story.
Speaker 1: I mean we not all of us got one.
Speaker 3: I mean I got one. So I don't know what your problem is, but this is this is this is an inflationary action when you when you shove money into the leaf blower and blow it back out into society. This is part of why your groceries are so gosst don't expensive, and it takes years for these things to balance back out. Sending checks to people is no different than subsidizing a failing industry like solar or something. It basically just allows them to prop up certain prices because it is being subsidized by the public.
Speaker 12: That's what this is.
Speaker 3: But we like to think of it as our money and that we're just getting it back. Well, that's what tax refunds are for. And the you know, the IRS could implement something a little bit smarter that just makes this sort of like a tax rebate, but you know, you can't just be sending checks. That's also just a form of buying people off politically, and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Well it's okay, yeah, but have you ever seen how happy people are when they've got a random check? Show up? I don't care if they're happy.
Speaker 3: I don't care if they're happy.
Speaker 1: Ross, let me ask you a question. If you're home later and the door, there's a knock on the door, and Ross hates people knocking on his door. And Publisher's clearing house is standing there, the big ass check that just says Ross on it. Are you in a good mood or a bad mood? Be super happy? Look at that? And he hates people knocking on his door. But he's got now, he's got a big old fake you know, the big weird check with his name on it. Like how happy?
Speaker 12: You guys are part of the problem.
Speaker 3: You're You're going to destroy this country, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the Publisher's clearinghouse. I'm not talking about from the government.
Speaker 1: I'm just pointing out that people like you a big check. Yeah, people are wrong. People are Stephen, do you even know what Ross is putting all his money into? This morning dollars as you can get a board Queen Origin story A board Queen Origin story set when she's still in Space School and she's having a strip to make ends meet, and it's starring Sydney Sweeney. So, wow, are you coming around on this?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've changed my mind. What can we invest them together?
Speaker 1: ROI exactly? And he's been making weird AI movie posters, which he's tweeting out, so if you want to go see that weirdness.
Speaker 3: I see the AI movie posters. He's texting them to me right now and they're rather suggestive.
Speaker 12: Ross, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I keep telling Kroc to make rock, to make the cleavage bigger, you know, Yeah, Hey, how can we improve this? I'm like, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Well, look, you.
Speaker 3: Can be used to be in nineteen eighties anime artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Space School ain't gonna pay for itself.
Speaker 2: I need I need more funding, is what I do.
Speaker 1: So you know that five thousand dollars check and probably a bunch of other people's checks. That's that's the thing that's gonna have to happen, all right, So uh pivot over to this on that wonderful thought, goonies too? Do we need a Goonies too? Are we gonna do this thing. What are we gonna We're gonna have a go.
Speaker 3: We never need we never needed a Goonies Too. And if there was already a Gooni's Too. It was called Skeleton Crew on Disney Plus and nobody, nobody really watched it. I find this stuff incredibly sad when we try to drag back really beloved stories like this that sort of our cult status. Right, Like, it was not a huge success for its time, but it lingered onto being cult status movie over the course of the nineties and the two thousands. And to drag these full grown adults back on to screen to try to make this thing cute again is it's not going to happen. And it's always just like the most tried movie format where you make the former kids the parents and then their kids go on an adventure and it's never as good, never as good.
Speaker 1: Oh, come one. Do you think that the Ghostbusters weren't bad? The new ones? Were they?
Speaker 3: I think that they were unnecessary and they didn't bring anything to the table.
Speaker 9: Okay, I think that's member also I write, but I think also to the horrific decision to do that female led Ghostbusters and instead of making the old people, just old now for the old actors, you know, to then take all the beloved actors but make them play bit cameo parts that are not their main characters, and then not to have a script.
Speaker 1: And just like that was so awful that I think it caused people to be willing to accept the the the eventual sequels, which weren't half bad, with maybe more open arms, you know what I'm saying, because it's like, well, it could be a lot worse, because it was a lot worse, So this is somehow better.
Speaker 3: I just moonies never say die, And even hearing about this makes me want to die.
Speaker 12: This is this is just not what Cinnamon needs.
Speaker 3: But I think the reason that this is happening, though, is because q kq Kwan, the little Asian kid from the movie who was just absolutely freaking adorable and he was in the Temple of Doom, I mean, his his career, his career has blown up in adulthood. So he's finally now getting to be a huge star after everything everywhere all at once, and his Oscar wins there, and so his acting career is now on fire. And I think that this movie is probably now has has gas because.
Speaker 12: Of that reason.
Speaker 3: And look, people are going to be disappointed. These people are not cute anymore. We don't need to see the Goonies get back together. You just need to watch the Goonies. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't. You don't wonder what's loss up to? I mean, and Corey Feldman needs the money. I don't even know what he's up to, but I'm sure he needs.
Speaker 3: Well, he needs the five thousand dollars check. I mean, that's that's for certain.
Speaker 1: But you don't want him to have that, so let him. Let him get paid. In another way, speaking of sequels, did you get a chance to watch the New Captain America? Here I've been, I've been, a couple of things have surprised me. One the usual progressive movie outlets, which normally fawn over this stuff, especially if there's a swapping of the actor, right, because I just think they're getting it to you. They're giving them garbage scores like I n G. Gave them a five out of ten, Washington Post obliterated them, Vulture Variety like, and then I saw people actively criticizing that at no point does the Red Hulk bite the Green Hulk, which is kind of his thing. So where are we going with this? Is this thing going to be an new stinker and people aren't just going to show up? Or is that just? Is it more toxic fans?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, it's doing fine and the box office is or not? I mean, we're talking about topping the box office number one for two weekends in a row. I don't think that critics need to like comic book movies. Now. The Rotten Tomatoes score is down for the audiences as well. That's not connecting with how the.
Speaker 12: Movie is selling.
Speaker 3: I will say out right, I haven't seen it yet. This movie is pretty low.
Speaker 10: On my list.
Speaker 3: I'm very very burnt out on the MCU, and I don't particularly want to see anyone else be Captain America besides Chris Evans.
Speaker 12: So I just have no.
Speaker 3: Motivation to do it, even though I love Harrison Ford and absolutely adore that man, but I don't really want to see him running around without his shirt off as a CGI read monster. It's just not interesting to me. So I just think that people are generally frustrated with this movie and the ongoing story that they're telling here.
Speaker 1: So what was that noise that I just started, So we get a lightsaber, you know.
Speaker 3: So I work in the basement of my home and when my children and my wife get up around this time and start moving about, my life becomes like I'm underneath a herd of elephants down here. Oh, all all of you and all of you and Raleigh get to listen to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's just Raleigh Greensborough too. So yeah, maybe some maybe you just got a drug him or something. Do you remember I remember incredible? Do you remember how incredible all of those work from our broadcast from home situations during COVID were like, remember the one guy who's doing these like the business analysts, and you just see this baby just brust into this room. And then there's another one who's in one of those little roly things, and then you see the small Asian woman on her knees dragging those kids out of the camera frame. And then everyone's like, everyone's like, oh, that's your your housekeeper, and dude's like, no, that's my wife, right, And how awkward that was chick who had the adult toys on the shelf behind her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I teach, I teach, I teach a media class and we watched that video with our students every time we start the class off, and that family has has gone on to continue to do interviews and appear on news to show those kids all grown up.
Speaker 12: But you know it's adorable, I.
Speaker 3: Will say for your audience though, just because we like to talk entertainment, I have not been up to speed on Captain America again, like I'm pretty low energy on it. But I am up to speed and ready for the debut this morning of season five of The Chosen, the Jesus and the Disciples series that streams yes on the Chosen app. I mean this, This show is hugely, hugely popular and season five the trailer drops here in about an hour and a half on YouTube. This is going to be the final run of The Chosen. I love this show. It took me a while to get started on it. I'm super skeptical of Christian entertainment because I'm so conditioned to it being bad. But as soon as I dove into this, into this this series.
Speaker 12: And got a couple episodes in, I couldn't put it.
Speaker 1: Down all right real quick, just because you brought this oddity to our attention. And I've got two minutes speaking to member Barry's. Does everyone remember this guy do with the famous interview after somebody attempted to break in and assault his sister, mister Antoine dops.
Speaker 11: Well, obviously, we have a rapist in Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: He's climbing in your windows.
Speaker 7: He's snatching your people up, trying to rape them.
Speaker 11: So y'all need to hiji kids, hide your wife, and hadji hug because they're raping everybody out here.
Speaker 1: We got all right, all right, So anyway, I after that happened, obviously, when the viral fame, I did see him do a web redemption on Tosh and Yeah. The funniest parts is he's like, by the way, I'm gay, he said in the middle of it. I'm like, really, we had no idea. Yeah, but now he's a real estate agent. I got I'm gonna play this real quick. Hi, I'm at Swan Dotson.
Speaker 11: You may recognize me from a world famous viral video. A lot has changed in my life since Real Mouth. These days, i'm telling folks to hide your wife, hid your kids, hide your whole family and a brand new high home. Buying a Hu's home is so dull. Its life really really dumb. For real High homes makes the buying process. It's easy call high Homes.
Speaker 1: Now we'll retweet this out last fifteen seconds. How great is that?
Speaker 3: America is a land where anything is possible? Case this is this is this is redemption.
Speaker 1: Out of fine ones getting raped up in there. Gotta be careful. We'll tweek that out America. I got a roll, Thanks for it, appreciate it. Man talk next week.
Speaker 12: And to Force be with you.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty five Case U Day Radio program update on Case. He came in today around six o'clock looking rather sick. It's like, dude a something I'm not sure what it was, and around I don't know, like this six twenty sixth mark of the show. This morning, he made a b line for the bathroom, absolute panic, waddling down the hallway and he was in there for a while. We came back from the break, he was not here. I threw on an old cut. I went down to check out on him, and he is out for the day. The dude is sick. He's not feeling well, and I blame it on the new Captain America movie. For no reason whatsoever. I'm just old and bitter and Steve Rodgers as Captain America anyway. That's besides the point. I don't want to be the reason. I don't want to be the one that influences you one way or the other to see that movie. But I'm saying Casey definitely did see it this weekend, and now he has the mud butt, So I mean, you make of that what you will. We are going to continue on the show with some old replays, some old cuts from last week, and hopefully Casey is back tomorrow. It is the Casey O Day Radio program.
Speaker 1: They're all in. Basically, they're like a if you go to a restaurant, they're going to be you know, like there's gonna be suddenly spy devices everywhere and they're gonna be listening to you. But what do you not understand? Why you have jd Vance who's literally sitting there we played the audio and is talking about the idea that maybe if somebody says something online, you don't throw them in jail. That's kind of seemingly a plank of this administration. I don't know if you know this, So then to imagine that it's all to do that is on a little project.
Speaker 3: Y E.
Speaker 1: Just to me. So I'm gonna I'm gonna think the worst about that whole Luichi list thing. I can't find the restaurant one. You get the gist. Ah, here we go. Wait a month until you suddenly find yourself looking around in a restaurant to make sure no one overhears what you're saying, or when your conversations with neighbors dwindle, dwindle to pleasantries about the weather, it's only just begun again. What you're talking about is an atmosphere that existed and most recently existed in Eastern European former Russian nation communist nations. Okay, right, it's still happening in the Belarus today, where they would essentially they would they would deputize your neighbor to tattle on you, and your neighbor would do it, not necessarily because they wanted you to go to the goulaw, but they realized that they didn't give up some names and some information, they wouldn't look loyal to the party, and so they literally make stuff up about people. That's why. That's how you got neighbors, nobody trusting anybody, and it's it's not a sustainable system. And that's what you wanted, right when you're cheering on the whole. Hey, we need you know what we need. We need a group of theater kids to decide what can and can't be set on the internet. We need to do. So what that guy's pug did a Nazi salute, Let's throw them in jail. That's that's all the things that you championed, and what you think Patel's going to go in and do the thing that you secretly wanted to do right away? I don't know about that. I guess I should use my real name on social media? Is that what this has come to? Your name is hot COADMD dot bluesky. I'm not finding your address with that. What are you talking about? And nobody else cares? You have thirty five people that follow you. Nobody cares, So you know that's the real irony here. You're gonna run around and you're posting things like Luigi list and you know they essentially saying that fifty one senators and an FBI director now have to be murdered, and probably nothing will happen because they realize what affeckless loser you are. I know, guy with thirty five followers gonna do something until you go to Hitman dot Com like all the rest of those idiots, and then you're one of my stories. Yeah, you're you're gonna be just fine. Ah, what a day, What a day? What a day. I'll tell you some having the worst of the days with Kash Patel in there. And that's Adam schiff Man, remember Adam Schiff and I just does not get enough press coverage. Adam Schiff was removed from his committee assignments and formally censured by the House of Representatives at the time he's now a senator, because they basically said, you lie, nobody trusts you. We can't have you with the ability to literally access classified information. This isn't happening anymore. And he absolutely melted it down when they did that. Well, there's a lot more there, and Kash Bttel has made no bones about the fact that Adam Schiff there, you know, there possibly could be some other stuff. So this is literally his worst nightmare.
Speaker 14: This is someone we cannot trust. This is someone who lacks the character to do this job, someone who lacks the integrity to do this job. We know that our Republican colleagues know that the only qualification Cash Battella has to be FBI director. Is that when everyone else in the first Trump administration said no, I.
Speaker 1: Won't do that.
Speaker 14: That crosses moral, ethical, and legal lines, Cash Battel said, sign me up. In the first Charge administration, as we are seeing in the second you rise to the level of your sick efancye. And no one is a bigger or a dangerous sick e than cash Battel. This political hack does not deserve to be in this building.
Speaker 1: He can't do the job.
Speaker 14: He won't protect the public, He will misuse the resources of the bureau. He will reaponize it against the President's political opponents, rather than the protecting the safety the public safety of the American people.
Speaker 1: Dude, you got thrown off all your committees. Nobody trusts you. They didn't even make a big stink on the Democrat side. Annie hemmdon had And there's the audio where they're like during the A and A thing and we're screaming like idiots. They didn't really mount anything. You know why, because it was indefensible the stuff you were doing. You told everybody point blank that there was evidence you had seen it, and it would come out that that Trump colluded with Russia, which was a big charge. You said that evidence existed, and then you didn't even have the You didn't even pretend like some of the other evidence was just your misinterpretation. It just never existed, clearly, and all the shenanigans around how that whole committee ran. Yeah, I watching this guy be nervous makes my absolute day because he's not even making typical Adam Schiff arguments. He's throwing everything he's got. This was prior to the vote, and it did no good.
Speaker 15: Adam Schiff is the worst criminal in Congress in the last tw.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 15: This is well Brits broke that we're going to talk about right now, is Adam Schiff met with a whistle blow. Adam Schiff went to the podium day after day after day saying I know nothing about this. We're not going to discuss it, We're going to protect it. And then he Adam Schiff led the prosecution of the impeachment trial in the Senate of President Donald Trump. Talk about someone who was conflicted out of the game because he was part of the hoax that brought Tarmela in, manufactured that false accusation and then pedaled it out to the world, and he continued, you know, not surprising. He's lied about almost everything in his life, but now he lied just to set up a presidential impeachment. And that's what I was talking about, these disinformation campaigns. And then he should be investigated because he lied to the world about his interactions with Tarmela, who is a whistleblower. And I can't stress it enough that started a presidential impeachment and ended.
Speaker 1: Up what was the final cost and the Mueller thing, the Mueller thing was that fifty some million dollars And that's what not to mention the instability, the lies, the amount of money that people surrounding Trump ended up having to spend fend themselves. Yeah, you should be nervous. And your buddy with his all white little beach club, mister Whitehouse or whatever up there with his all white club that he was a you know, like to go to because you know it's just whites. Ugh, no pores, no colored people, no, none of that. Just eh whites, white House. It's in your name, bro, it's in your name. This guy, you're the moral compass. You're out there standing next to shift, nobody's listening to you. Rashptel Mark, My words will cause evil in this building behind us, and Republicans who vote for him will rue that day. I don't know if they're ross. Did you see any ruin on the Republican front yesterday after this? I didn't see any ruin. Maybe the ruin starts later. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it was delayed because of the snow.
Speaker 1: Oh they put the ruin off because the that's you know, that would make sense. There's a lot of stuff that was put off, Like assuming Lincoln's not in school today, so why should he also be ruining. That's that's a fair point. So ah, what a good day. I know we didn't win the hockey thing, but I'll take this as the consolation prize six forty five. Hang on, that is not why he quote swapped out the resolute desk because he thought there was a booger on it. And I know, you know, this is New York Post. They know that the thing is being refurbished. It literally was discussed. They go through, right. You gotta, you know, make sure that the how old is that thing? Been around a bit? So they'll go through and they'll refurbish it. You gotta put the secret map pieces back in the secret drawers, you know, get that thing loaded for bear. The desk which was first utilized in the White House actually by John F. Kennedy. Really it was the first also utilized by Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, than Trump. Now they're they're just temporarily replaced. It's fine. I got another desk in there. He's got room to work the die coke buttons where it needs to be. This is not a big deal, and it's not over a booger. Okay, let's see. I hope there's a little more history here. When was it actually because people think that the that the White House always had this thing, but actually one of the railroad companies had it from like the eighteen fifties or something. All right, no, no, no, here we go. Okay, all right, so I wanted to be clear here. All right, So the initial desk was built the eighteen fifties, and then what then became the updated version of the resolute desk was, oh, President Hayes eighteen eighty when the HMS resolute part like that part is true, that's what the desk is made of of, presented by Queen Victoria at the time. So Yeah, they're just there. They'll buff it up as long as they don't get that lady who they hired to restore that Jesus photo to do it, remember that painting disaster. I think it'll be okay, but I don't think that's accurate. All right, How are we feeling about the James Bond franchise? By the way, so, and I wonder what the dollar amount. It had to be huge, because you know, the family members of the author of the James Bond books have always always been there exerting creative control. Anything that you wanted to do with James Bond, you had to go through the family, Michael Wilson, Barbara Broccoli or whatever. And and for the first time ever, the family has signed over creative control to Jeff Bezos. And if you remember Amazon when and paid an ungodly sum, I don't remember what it was. It was like in the it was like a billion dollars or something right to the family of Tolkien so that they could expand on that. And we saw how that worked out like that. That turned into a bit of a dud there. So I think a lot of people are nervous what they're gonna do with it. I I look, do I think that they're gonna do what they're doing with the Jesus Christ Superstar and they're gonna get the black queer female actress from the Ariana Grande weird videos? No, I wonder if he doesn't put himself in this. Have you seen have you seen bezos man? Like he's just like, I don't know. Ross and I were discussing this off the air, so you don't think he's on steroids. You just think that like this is this is his jam.
Speaker 2: It amazes me to me, and you see this a lot, like there are people that don't go to the gym, and I've like they assume that anybody that makes gains at the gym or that gets in shape or in steroids. The dude is not on steroids. He looks like somebody that he looks like somebody that, yeah, he looks like somebody that started focusing on his body and caring about his health because he can't because he's a billionaire now.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure, yeah, he's got a metabolicist and a nutritionist and right he's spending the money. It's just the line is steroids.
Speaker 2: You see the same thing online about RFK Junior where you have like people like, oh, he's on steroids because he can he can bench press, and it's like, no, it looks like somebody who's like focused on his health and you can't. But he has the time to do it now, so you have the time to invest and go to the gym. And now he looks healthy.
Speaker 1: Well he's got he's got a yacht with a chase yacht the size of a yacht. I'm sure has a gym on it as well. I'm sure he's got several gyms probably, yeah, yeah, no, no question there. But also I wonder if that like, what what is that fascination with some of these billionaires, you know, like Zuckerberg, He's like, I'm surfing and fighting mma now right and and so, and that's fine if he wants to go ahead and do that. I wonder that if the next James Bond is a bald dude from Seattle.
Speaker 2: Eight oh six kse eody radio program Russin for KC at the Moment and let me tell you a story, man of a man who came into work today not looking well powered through the first two segments and then around six point thirty something happened that I never I've never witnessed, or been a part of, or seen in my radio career dating back to nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: That was a man.
Speaker 2: Bolting out of his chair during commercial break, making a beeline to the bathroom, waddling down the hallway looking like he was going to pass out and die. We came back from break, he wasn't here. We stalled a little bit, went down and checked out on the bathroom, and that dude was not capable of doing a broadcast, so he went home. I don't know if it's a stomach virus. I don't know if it's the new Captain America movie. I don't know what it is, but he is definitely he can't do a show. I mean he could, but it'd be gross and you're trying to eat breakfast. So we're not going to do that. So hopefully Casey back tomorrow. In the meantime, we're going to run a best of some old cuts from last week. It is the CaCO Day Radio program. Oh wait, make sure you go on to our Twitter account, our x account at KC on the radio and make sure you send prayers for CAC. Prayers for CAC to get over the mud butt. That's at CAC on the radio. It is the CaCO Day radio program.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying, I'm not saying I won't watch it. I'm just saying it's hard to watch. It is it is well a little. If it's hard to watch, some of it's rather amusing because the one super liberal leader in Germany is one of the five who sat there during Trump's first term when he said, Hey, you know what y'all shouldn't do. You shouldn't just have Russia, you know, meeting your energy needs. Because if something goes sideways and you're closing all these coal plants and then it's just Russia, you guys are gonna look dumb and things are gonna get expensive and it's gonna suck. And one of the people laughing at that table is essentially the Adam Schiff of Germany. Okay, that's the dude days out of the German election that is getting absolutely Oh what what what jd vanceys doing? And I and and here's the thing I don't welcome in some isolationist way. I just it's it's just been so long, so uh Jay jd Vance and as well as Pete hagg Seth obviously is Defense secretary, you know, really on the European tour, and of course Vance gave the speech to their face was just like, hey, probably shouldn't throw people in jail for memes. That's kind of dumb. We don't like that. And everyone's like, ah, he went in there and he he what did I s He like him to showing up at his best friend's birthday party and making a scene. No, that was literally a discussion about defense and security stuff. So one that was there too, you guys, including the what is she from Finland or something? The the TI, the really thin chick who's like, oh, we're gonna We're gonna shut down the X. Right, you and your cohorts have your defense essentially subsidized by the United States. And it's more so than that. It also is the pillar of industry and commerce in several European cities, not just in Germany. In Spain we have a huge, huge bay was it Roda Roda whatever? It is huge basis over in Europe. And so you sit there and and and you watch an interview in Jade. Vance is like, hey, man, you know, one of the things we're giving a lot of thought to is is the is the whole part where you guys are willing to throw people in jail for memes and and you know our values here is the United States of America. Well why why would you do that? And he says this days ahead of the German election, I might point.
Speaker 16: Out Germany's entire defense is subsidized by the American taxpayer. There are thousands upon thousands of American troops in Germany today. Do you I think that the American taxpayer is going to stand for that if you get thrown in jail in Germany for posting a mean tweet, of course they're not right. So the point that I try to make to our European friends, and I think that there are friends I believe that I know President Trump does, is that friendship is based on shared values. You do not have shared values. If you're jailing people for saying we should close down our border, you don't have shared values. If you cancel elections because you don't like the result, and that happened in Romania, you don't have You do not have shared values if you're so afraid of your own people that you silence them and shut them up. So let's have shared values, let's defend the democracy, Let's have free expression, not just in the United States but.
Speaker 1: All over the Western world.
Speaker 16: That is the path to strong alliances in Europe.
Speaker 1: That is, by the way, the level of hand grenade. He just rolled into the room with that. And I know people are like, oh, why would you, Why are you upset the Apple card? Because for too long everything's been allowed to progress to where it is. Right, the idea that the US you want to be friends with the US, and we, in a limited way want to be friends with you turned into we essentially, you know, we fund two thirds of NATO, which is essentially the Europeans defense system, so they're able to you know, take their funding, their money within their particular economies and then spend it on other stuff. Now, don't get me wrong, there are strategic alliances the US has to have, and with the threat of China and Russia where it is, you know, there needs to be forward deployed areas in the world. I understand that, and we have long standing partnerships, a lot of which were born out of World War Two, which are strategically advantageous. Germany houses what it's not just one base it's like seven or something, and it's huge for a couple of the big German cities. It's it probably would destabilize the economy of the regions if the US just left. And so they're sitting out there and jd. Vance says that, and this is the part that's hard to watch. Now you're seeing these German polics, like within a day they're like, oh no, don't you won't you miss our strudle. You're gonna miss our strudle. You know what to go anywhere? Dude. That that put the fear of God into them, because now you got to pay for your own stuff and you gotta eat all that strudle too. Uh and uh. The financial impact of that is wild man. And then of course that opens up the next layer of people criticizing, like, oh, well, you're just you know, you're now you're just gonna use the European nations like puppets. Well they don't have to be, and you're not using them like puppets. You're just saying, hey, I'm the you know, I'm the the alpha in the room. Showed me a little respect, and we've just we've just gotten that little bit too far, and we we have been hesitant, always hesitant to go hey, no, no, no, no, we got to eat too. And so it feels really uncomfortable that you're doing it now, But she didn't do it forever. It's in the in the same way that And I don't know if this is their master plan. If it is one, it's gonna be an ugly ride. And I don't know that you get there. But it used to be the US didn't have federal income text, but we still had stuff. Not as much stuff, but we had stuff. So how did we have stuff? We had stuff because anyone who wanted to do business in the United States, with the world's richest economy and chose to terif us, we teif them. That's it. There's a cost of doing business. It's a it's a cover charge at the hot bar. Okay, you got a great band inside. That's what we used to do, and then we didn't, and then we we migrated to this other thing. Well, coming out of Europe and coming out of World War two. And that's not to say that we're not going to have bases in places where people clearly don't align with our values. Turkey clearly doesn't align with our values. However, there is a lot of strategic importance there. Okay, so that's simple. And when you're in and when you're dealing in this world with countries like Russia and China, let me just stick with China for a moment, you realize that China thinks all of that is China, right, This is what people fail to understand China, and within the Communist Party, which is China, thinks that's all China. When I say that's all China, I mean Korea, Philippines, they think that's all them. Probably Vietnam that's them. They think that's all China. And that's the way that it should be. All those stupid little islands that they essentially dumped on very fragile, ecologically fragile coral reefs. So go, oh, look, we got islands that that's ours two and then two hundred and ten miles around it, which is just an insane, weird number they thought up. And if Europe wants to go at that alone, and not to mention Ross, hey, do you know what happens when Europe's just left to their own devices historically? Have you ever seen any of this, you ever looked at any of this little research. What you're what the European countries like to do. They like to kill each other. Yeah, yeah, they got beef, bro, they got beef, and a lot of it's resource based. Look, I understand times are different and things are new, but yeah, the very basic ask that if we're going to essentially structure and stabilize part of your economy, that you don't sit there at the UN delegation. We're all sitting around talking about us like it's you know, the mean girls club.
Speaker 2: At lunch right, and you can we can if listen if we're there, They're like, oh, we don't want you here, you know, you mind your own business. So we're like, we're going to leave. And they're like, oh, well now you don't care about Europe. We can't win, and they're they're spoiled and they're entitled. They really are. They Oh, we have our healthcare system. Yeah, because we're paying for all of your defense. Correct, you're the world's upcut. Sorry, that's what it is. So you can choose to be a partner in it. And Germany obviously has a lot of innovators. They have business aptitude, they know how to make money, they know how to build things they.
Speaker 1: Know how to uh mobilize. Okay, right, so is that a strategic partnership or is it? Oh that soldiers, Yeah, he made a mean tweet and he happens to be married to a German citizen because he's been stationed there for three years or whatever, and we're gonna make his life help what do you want to do? And so now you're seeing these German politicians, especially ahead of election, because this is stuff that resonates with people. If you live near one any one of those US military installations, you know somebody who works there. I promise you, I promise you that entire region around Ramstein and whatnot, that whole like that would devastate. How many of you listening military have been stationed there. What would that look like with no Americans there other than you know, either random tourists or whatever. So it's gonna be really interesting. And they're like, oh, the US is meddling in there. You guys literally wrote in your stupid der Spiegel or whatever. The thing is, right, we talked about it on the air, where you essentially took a united stance within the German media that Donald Trump is essentially Hitler, which is which is really rich considering where it's coming from. And all he's saying. He's not saying he wants to do anything too. He's just like, well, look, if you don't if you don't like us, we'll go eat at another table. It's your choice, and I'm here for it. I'm gonna be watching that all day. All right, coming up on the show, Representative Crockett, the gift that keeps on giving, we'll do that. There's a new FBI chief. Holy cow, there's not enough popcorn Germany. Do you guys make pop You don't make popcorn? Oh that's too bad because where I need a lot of popcorn? Of phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So what do we do? Do we jail the US hockey team? Or are we good and win? Last night? I don't want to go all Ouda and Kusa and all that crazy. You remember all that crazy crap that came out what Saddam's kids were up to and managing a RAX Olympic team like you didn't want to lose. Unfortunately, though, in the the Gang of four or whatever, I don't eve remember what is technically the name of this tournament. Four nations okay, all right, So usked Canada last night, who we beat, remember three to one the other night. This was the final though bracketed through and uh it took over time. Canada got it done three to two. So good, good game there, I'll tell you. The redeeming thing is, uh Trudeau tried to make this like his win, and even Canadians who seem to be very like nationalized and upset with the US are also like, uh, now you suck too, This isn't for you. Shut up. So that's fun to watch. Yeah, the four Nations face off tournament, which they did. This is instead of the All Star this is NHL's All Star, which, by the way, I'm sure the ratings just killed and definitely surpassed what the NBA put up the other day. But yeah, you know what it was. It was good. It was a good hockey match if you watched it, And that's good, and that's fine that they went ahead and won. It's fun. I mean, we have the Stanley Cups. That's what counts. But okay, all right, everyone had a good time, and you know what, it had been a while, like really Ross and I we got kind of screwed on this whole, Like we don't remember how good it probably felt with the Miracle on Ice right where you really had that rival. We got whiffs of it in the Olympics. Do you remember when they tried to like jazz up figure skating and we go against Russia on the Winter Olympics. Even then we weren't sitting there figuring out where our Cold War bunkers were for when the nukes came. Like that was you had real skin in the game, and we just haven't had anything like that in forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did we have? We jypped. We got like Nancy Kerrigan versus like Sona Bay Yule or something, yees a thirty six Casey o D a radio program. It's ross in for Casey, And every time I explain what's going on, it just gets more ridiculous. But I just was explaining to our boss Trevor and the phony call him. He's like, where's case He's missing. I feel like I'm Morgan Freeman at the end of Shawshank Redemption, and I can't do a really good Morgan Freeman voice. But you know that part at the end where the warden, you know, rips away the poster and there's that hole and you see the straight un shot of his face, and then Morgan Freeman's voice is like on this day, Andy Dufrey and crawled through full football fields of poopye. I feel like that. When it comes to explaining why Casey isn't here, he got up. I haven't seen this in twenty eight years of doing radio. Got up in a panic during a commercial break, made a bee line down the hallway, barely made it to the door through all the construction here. It's like an obstacle course like the old American Gladiators. I was like, look at him, go is that case Here's a nitro. It's amazing. It's impressive. Man, he's spry for someone who has to go to the bathroom. That bad anyway, he cannot continue the show. I don't know if it's like a virus, a stomach bug, or the mud butt. Whatever it is, that ain't gonna happen. So we're gonna play some old cuts, some replays, and we're back tomorrow. Make sure to leave prayers for Casey at Casey on the radio. It is the Kcoday Radio program.
Speaker 1: And just a quick pro tip if you're getting ready to head outside, you're dumb. Yeah, yeah, don't be dumb. I know something. You gotta go to work. There's nothing you can do about it, but don't be dumb. The Cacoday radio process and was, Yeah, barely made it out of wake Forest this morning. So although you said wake Forest wasn't the problem, it was right when you hit in the Raleigh roads.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, it was the side roads and wake four La My Street was nasty. Sure, side roads y, Main Street was fine. Capitol Boulevard, like, whoever did the right hand lane going from like Wake Forest to five forty give them all the money because they were fantastic. Oh good, okay, But then you get past five forty like and you're like, oh man, it starts to suck now and it's just it's just a sheet of ice.
Speaker 1: And then I came in gross never drives capital in cause.
Speaker 2: No, And that's how you know, like, I'm not taking sights or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what his fear is. So you did that because obviously that's going to be the main thoroughfare this morning, and it's still sucked. Triangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's the sheet of ice. And I got here and I got the call from History channel, and I'm proud to announce I'm going to be part of Ice Road Truckers starting on Monday. It's been about fourteen years with the show. It's the honor of my lifetime to wake up with you every morning. But I mean, yeah, this is uh I'm looking for. Yeah, I'm looking for the next step being a nice road trucker. So now that I'm qualified, you know, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Know work out for everyone on that show. Right then we find okay, we don't tell it isn't and then you know, it becomes a whole thing. So yeah, you know you don't have to leave. I wouldn't go ahead and do that, and that's fine. We got enough stuff to make you angry at home. You don't even have to, but if you do, and I know some of you do, because our listeners really are the backbone of you know, commerce at the end of the day, keeping the trucks moving right. Get we get the I think every beer delivery guy listens to us. We appreciate that. Get the up ups people down. You want to get all your stuff. We know you're gonna be out there, so be careful.
Speaker 2: Everybody seemed to be smart this morning, too. There was at one point there was a person behind me and like a person in front of me, and we were all.
Speaker 1: Were tailgating you. No you.
Speaker 2: At first the guys started coming up behind me and I'm like, slow down, buddy, right, we do not even get behind you, Like, dude, we're all going like twenty miles per hour, twenty thirty miles at the most. You did, like the car in front of me, like, screw the two second rolls, the ten second rule, Like I'm gonna give you a lot of space. Yeah, give me space. So if you're driving, give the other person space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be the tailgate dude. Right now, I do one of my favorite stories, and I'm gonna I'm gonna operate because I think it's because I didn't see that they got injured, So we'll go with that. I had to drive across South Dakota once. Okay, I've had to drive across it many a time. But when you drive across South Dakota, for any of you who've had the pleasure, it's basically four hundred miles and then wall drug signs, all the wall drug all the wall drug signs you could ever want. From the moment you cross in over in the Minnesota side to when you hit the wall drug, go in westbound and then on the eastbound to you know, when you cross in from Wyoming until you hit the wall drug and that's it. And then occasionally and then it's just a sheet of ice. And it was a sheet of ice the whole drive. I was driving to Chicago and this this band of idiots. You know how you get the speeder groups or they all speed together. This was the people speeding on ice group And like eight cars went flying around me around like Mitchell, every single one within the next few miles was in the ditch. Now granted they were right side up, nobody looked like they flipped. They were running around. They were out of their vehicles staring at it like, oh my gosh, what are we gonna do? And I'm just like, there you go. So don't be that guy. When this band of merry idiots, you'll get there. Okay.
Speaker 2: You know I shoveled my car out last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you told you Ross texting me the whole routine you did, like the whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put it in stuff on a rock salt. But I gotta leave no matter what, I gotta get to work, right, So it's like I got up at three thirty, like three left at like three thirty of the defrost. But last night they going to bed, it was like super fluffy and you wake up this morning and all that fluffed to it's like solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, it was the fuck Like it's the snow you want if you're a kid. Last night, right, a little probably a little moist, but like you know, the big chunks, especially against if you have like a light on outside and you see it coming down and all that, but also just the worst to drive in so or land planes and oh man, are dude, are they going to be correct on this one? Are they going to be correct on this plane? This plane up in uh, you know, because we get into this whole d e I thing right, like what we're here and there is you basically have a woman pilot who was landing who literally just got qualified on this equipment but was having you know, it was basically this was part of her training. And it sounds like the person who was the senior pilot within that cockpit also didn't have enough reps or whatever on that type of aircraft and those types of conditions. And so if you watched it, Russ. Did you watch the video of the plane landing that finally came out. That thing hits the runway hard, man, hard. There's a little bit of flare there where you do the are you gonna have the back tires hit and they're gonna have the front tire at at the last moment hit. Sometimes it's more aggressive than others. If you've been on a plane more than once, you realize this. That thing hits so hard. I'm surprised. I'm not surprised the landing, you're basically collapsed. But now you have this story coming out where you have passengers on this plane. I guess they offered them all thirty thousand dollars. It's not supposed to be binding in any way. They're just like, hey, sorry, we landed you upside down. How about we give you thirty k while we figure out what's going on. So that whole thing is looking crazy, man, I don't know. I don't know what they're gonna do, But like, if you want to create that narrative, it's not looking good for the airline, at least from a safety standpoint. And then when you find out that this particular subcontractor or partner, this Endeavor err or whatever you know put out all these videos saying like, oh we do unmanned flights, unmanned flights. If I am fully aware of what happened on Fox News people, I understand that somebody who calls the show ended up on Jesse Waters show. I'm aware of it. We talked to him yesterday on the air about it. Okay, when I'm tagged in everything, Ross is tagged in everything, there's no way that we did not know. Okay, Jamal's video that Elon must retweeted Jesse. I guess Jesse Waters had it on his show. I didn't see it live, but I did see one of the little lips there, so and then we got tagged on it and then so yes, dam, I'm like, why is the Twitter on fire? What the hell is going on? And then I then I realized what it was. So yes, got it, got it? Got it? Got it? Okay, all right, very good? Where was I? Oh? Yeah, so, like you know, you make it. They have all these videos, they're like, we do unmanned flights. Ross, did you see the unmanned flights video that Endeavor has been putting out? And they're just like Oh, look, we do unmanned flights, specialized in unmanned flights. You're like, what does that mean? And you realize it's just oh, look how the pilots are all women and the flight, which is not necessarily a problem, but it's like the only thing they focused on.
Speaker 2: They need to change the name of that because it's super confusing, like man flights and like is ai flying the plane? Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, no, there's not any filthy masculine Uh yeah, yeah up in there, So that's what they're talking about. It's all girl power. This this flight powered by girl power, which apparently is very green. So no, no, no, no. So even if you remove all the gender stuff, like if what they're explaining with the pilots there sound super like, not that not necessarily the situation as a passenger, you would want having a land in some pretty sketchy conditions which tend to permeate Canadian airports during the middle of winter. I told you of the one of the scary I don't want say it was scariest, but one of the craziest. And it doesn't mean we're necessarily in danger, but it's one of those why would you tell the passengers. I remember landing in Rapid City, South Dakota one time in the winter. I was having to try to get home, flying into Wyoming. It's not easy. Sometimes you don't quite make it. You end up in Billings, Montana, or Rapid City, South Dakota, or maybe Casper if you're lucky, and you still got hours ahead of you to get home. And so I'm flying in. I can't remember why I was having to go back, but I'm having to go back. It's the middle of winter, and and the conditions in Rapid City are awful, like far worse really than even what is going on on the ground and parts of North Carolina today. Difference is that's just what you do. And so we're on descent and it's one of those descents where we're never gonna see ground before we hit it because it's in the middle of a friggin snowstorm. And so we're flying through the planes, getting the craft kicked out of it because it's in and out of these storm clouds. And I'm by now, I'm I've flown enough where I'm just like, I'm just like all right whatever. Even that we land and I got to drive three and a half hours or we crash and I don't have to worry about it. And then we do it and it's a pretty hard landing, not gonna lie, but we get it, plane gets slowed down. We're there, and then on the PA they're like, hey, this is Captain so and so, and I just want to let you know the first officeer so and so just got out of the Air Force or whatever. That was his first landing here for the company. And I'm like what, And then yeah, no, oh, no, no, no, I screwed the story because they told us in the air still that it was gonna be their first thing. But don't worry. They got down the military and then we did it, and then they give us the whole bio, and I'm just like, glad it worked out. You know, I'm sure everyone's a fine pilot there. But again, you're in the middle of this narrative. You're making all these videos that keep going, oh, we do unmanned flights, there's no any toxic masculinity in there. I'm like, I don't know, I just want to pilot that baby. Doesn't hit the runway on the land at so much speed it looks like it snaps the landing gear. Can we have that? I don't know, man, but we'll we'll explore it as we uh slide through all the stories today. All right, coming up, we got uh, let's see, Oh we got to Oh we got more protests. They're doing a protest today and in this weather. Yeah, I guess they saved they they figured out how to save the Kennedy Center yesterday, which I don't think they were closing. I think Trump just got rid of the guy who was like, hey, I get paid five million dollars a year to put on drag shows for teens instead of you know this, We had this huge, world renowned concert venue and I'm using it for all my social justice stuff. So they didn't shut it down. Trumps just like, you know what, I'm gonna run this thing because what's going on now ain't working. But that brought the protesters out, and I guess they figured out a way. So and we'll talk planes with CNN because of course we will. And I had not had a chance to see the new Jen Rubin podcast yet. Ross. We could be in trouble, man, we do. I don't know if you know this. This the podcast for the show for those of you who are too cowardly to get up and join us at the proper time. I'm kidding some of you. Our podcast kills it. We do really, really really well, and we got a lot really high streaming, usually the best in the company far and away, and I I'm really nervous that some of our digital numbers could suffer with this new Gen Ruben podcast. Yeah, you know and other other folks.
Speaker 2: It's very threatening because they do the podcast. You know, it's like a video. Yeah, they do, and they do the boomer upward camera angle thing.
Speaker 1: Well they're doing. They put the phone on the table and then you're looking down at it. Yeah, it's a zoom media.
Speaker 2: Jen Rubin's face through like a fish bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's also but there's so there's a visual. But don't don't sleep on the sound. The sound the content pleasing to the ears. I think would be the way to to say that it doesn't even matter what they're talking about. It's just the the core flow of the of the harmony of voices of other cast off old school reporters who will never see the light, who still think that they're doing the right thing. So they go out and they start the contrarian and then do this pot like those that those types of renowned reporters whose grift is up, but they're just they they don't see. And then and then you turn it on and you're just it's like the song of the Sirens, which caused many a ship to smash itself against the rocks because you just can't unlisten the.
Speaker 3: News highlights and the low lights.
Speaker 1: And go through some of the highlights will have the dead joke of the day. That's guaranteed. I torment my family every morning. I bet you do. The stream of dead jokes. You don't even need to tell the dad jokes. I bet your family feels tormented every day. You're absolutely right. Billy Crystal from Never Ending Story as