Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. It is a beautiful day. I hope you set your clocks correctly, and I know there was a little trouble with some folks around here today, but hey, that's it. You know what it's time for. It's time now to talk with Fred Cook. He's with the Bartlesville Symphony. We've got a big tribun night coming up. No we sir, Yeah, we sure do.
Speaker 2: We're on March twenty second at six o'clock in the Center. We're gonna have a big trivia night. It's a big fundraiser for the Bartlesviell Symphony Orchestra.
Speaker 1: Well great, You know, this is a crown jewel in our community. Not every community that has roughly forty thousand people has a symphony. In fact, we might be one of about a million. We might be the only one with the city the size that has that. We're so lucky to have it, but we got to take care of it. And this is what this is all about, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it's you know, when it comes to something like a symphony, the ticket sales only cover about a third of the cost of the production, so we really rely on donations and raising funds through through activities like this. So it's gonna be a really fun night and it's going to really help support the Bartlesgill Symphony.
Speaker 3: Now you must bring your brain.
Speaker 2: Well, baby, trivia is trivia, so sometimes luck plays in there too, so.
Speaker 1: More times than not. But it's gonna be a lot of fun. Now when we are who's our host.
Speaker 2: For trivia night, Well, it's a trivia boys, it's gonna it's gonna be Michael Duncan and Jackie Manning. Very look for guys to do a.
Speaker 3: Lot of trivia in town. So they do and they're fun.
Speaker 2: Now they are their characters.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So you're going to be entertained as well as doing putting on the old thinking caps, so to speak. But the whole goal is is to raise money for the symphony. We've got so many great things going on here. Well I know that we've got the winner of the Young Artist competition coming.
Speaker 3: Up here a little bit late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, March twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be something else.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be great. Yeah, it's gonna be a great concert. I'm gonna miss it. I'm gonna be out of the country, but it's gonna be a great concert.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, i'll tell you all about it when you get back.
Speaker 1: A young fellow, mister van Noyd, who believe he's a clarinetis gonna be It's gonna be there. But you see, we wouldn't have this if we don't have the funds in order to keep the doors open and the musicians take.
Speaker 3: Care of the lights turned on. That's right, absolutely, And you know, we we have so many great.
Speaker 1: Artists that participate with the symphony, whether we're doing you know, kind of like a chamber series or the full orchestra. And you know, and Lauren Doo, we got to we've got.
Speaker 3: To keep him coming back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean just because he's been doing it for forty some years doesn't mean, you know, the next time might be a little low on gas.
Speaker 3: That's if I make it there.
Speaker 1: So we got to make sure we feel Laurence car or whatever it is he drives electricity or whatever, and get it over here so he can he can conduct.
Speaker 3: He gets he gets kick out of that. Yeah, he does. Yeah, baton thing he's.
Speaker 2: In his element when he's up directings.
Speaker 3: Oh boy is he. Sometimes he even joins the orchestra and plays a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the Christmas concert was so fascinating when when he sang, actually sang in a quartette with at the Christmas concert was really funny, funny, fun evening.
Speaker 1: Well, you know he's a fun fella too. Oh yeah, yeah, and actually the whole symphony is too. If you want to see one whale of a band, this is it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: As far as the do we have to get tickets in advance or can we get them in advancer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy tickets in advance. Just go to the Bartlegall Symphony Orchestra website and you can also order a table table bait is believe four hundred dollars or tickets are fifty five dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: All right now.
Speaker 2: There also be a taco bar, which is part of what you're getting in and that's Mexico. Dieho's going to cater the taco bar, so it's going to be great food. There'll be a cash bar there. We also have a sign of auction. There'll be some art items of baskets, you know, all lots of fun things. And it will also be the opportunity to buy.
Speaker 3: Dessert for your table. Oh my, I'll made dessert.
Speaker 2: So you can buy, so it'll be dessert for your table.
Speaker 1: Also, well, this is gonna be great. Slap on a bib and let's do some thinking. That's right, goodness six. It's good that you partnered up with CBE. They're great. Yeah, yeah, great, partners with us too, and boy that food taste awesome. So we're gonna get something for the tomtime. We're gonna get the little fun going here too. And then you guys really know how to put the fund in fundraising.
Speaker 3: We like to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to. We have to have a good time. You can't get people if you're not having a fun time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they always want to know what's going they're having fun. But is that all? We'll get a ticket, come on in. We'll let you what are the tickets going for?
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's fifty five dollars for a seat, but like I said, it's four hundred dollars for a table avair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's good. That's good. You're got to come in. You know, we've got some competitors in this. I've noticed that they kind of followed mister Manning.
Speaker 3: And those guys around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, yeah, yeah, so yeah, you gotta watch it. You might might be in for some real sharpies there. But anyway, it's gonna be a lot of fun. Just bring the family and and if you got some folks at work that are pretty sharp too, even bring the one that's just funny.
Speaker 3: That's right, because he might know the darkness things.
Speaker 1: But boy, the Symphony has been in town for a long time and we need to keep it here for a long time.
Speaker 3: How long you've been on the board.
Speaker 2: Right, I've been on the board for about ten years, really, yeah, a long time.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes. So you've seen a little some changes over the years, but one thing stays the same. We've got great shows.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, quality music always, always quality music.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and Maestro Green, you know, he selects all the music and the programming is always just excellent. You just never know what it's going to come up with.
Speaker 1: He will come up with some of the darnedest things that he can combine and it still has that common threat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like, man, that took a little work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't something you did over coffee and the crossword puzzle.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: No, it's really interesting, you know, like we're probably he's busy planning twenty twenty six, twenty twenty seven. Now, you know you have to do this in advance, and then there's always a competing calendar, which makes it even more interesting because there is a lot goes on in Bartlesville.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Anybody who says there's nothing going on in this town, you haven't gotten out of your hole lately. Yeah, there's a ton. That's right, there's a ton. But it's always great. And you know what that the Center is the best place to hear music. I've been in a lot of different places. I played in a lot of different places as a musician myself, but my goodness, sakes the acoustics there.
Speaker 3: And then they just turned around and made him better a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: There's no dead spot in there at all. And you know, you don't have to have the most expensive ticket and sit right up front. You can be in the very back row and it's just as beautiful and crisp as it is anywhere else. It's really an amazing facility. Another really fine aspect of Bartlesville that most cities in Side never see as the Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, that thing's beautiful. It is so well maintained. The folks there, they just take care of it. And then you made the seats you know a little bit bigger, so bad, like we can fit in, don't have the wedge, and they put a cup holder there so I can drink my water. That's really beneficial to my health. So you know, anyway, it's great. The Bartlesmill Symphony. It is something that we're going to be doing here on the twenty second Saturday, six pm at the Center.
Speaker 3: It's going to be in the community area community Holliday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's trivia night and it is a fundraiser and it's to keep the show going.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Everybody seems to think that once you pay your ticket, that's it. We're gonna paint the barn and put on a show.
Speaker 3: But boy, it's a lot more than that, a lot more than that.
Speaker 1: You know, people don't realize this. You got to get the Sometimes you gotta pay for the music.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh sure, you always he's got to pay for the music.
Speaker 1: And i'd like to as a personal note, folks, please pay for your music when you start stealing it.
Speaker 3: It's not good, especially for the artists. We're broke.
Speaker 1: Spotify anyway, this is gonna be a lot of fun. And of course on the twenty ninth, you can go ahead and get your tickets ready for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I said, that'll be the concert with the Young Artists winner clarinet. Is going to be a beautiful show.
Speaker 3: A wonderful show always is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know, and sometimes you know, a good chunk of the of the crowd that night's family.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they get shirttail, relativisy and hey, big boys on the stage.
Speaker 2: You know, and it's it's it's it's wonderful. The collaboration in bartlesviow in the arts, particularly in the music area, because we have this young Artist competition every year and so uh and then we have scholarships that go out for the for the students and everything else. Not to mention, you know, just a week or so ago we had our fifth grade concert that's a collaboration with the Carnegie Carnegie Institute at Carnegie Hall out.
Speaker 3: Of New York City.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot that the Bartlesville Symphony does not just to provide music on four or five shows a year, but we also do a great deal to support the youth and bring music to young people and get them involved in the music scene in Bartlesville itself.
Speaker 3: You know that engagement is so important.
Speaker 1: No, I know, this little instrument, it's kind of like a recorder or a plant bone or whatever somebody would call it.
Speaker 3: And to some.
Speaker 1: Parents it's like huh. But when those kids get in there and they play with members of the symphony and they're playing together, right, that's a big deal to this That is a huge there's no goofing around.
Speaker 3: They're trying to be letter.
Speaker 2: Perfect, that's right. And you know that's something that it's not just Bartlesville. I mean we get the whole area. The whole area brings in fifth grade students for one concert a year, and you know, it's so important that they be exposed to music, particularly classical music. So it's really an important that's another important aspect of the symphony that we do every year for the community.
Speaker 1: So you know, some of these kids, and I'll tell you that my youngest when she was about nine, she says, why do we have to go to this symphony? I don't even know what it is. I said, well, you'll see. And then all of a sudden she saw all these people nicely dressed and she heard this music and she says, wow, all those different sounds make one big song. Yeah, that's pretty cool. And now she's a big going off to college here to be doing the arts, good cool music, theater.
Speaker 3: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: And she and a lot of it had to do with seeing that great, big band with all those different components, and everybody's part was so important. She couldn't get over that. Yeah, it really interested her. So it could happen to your child.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. All you need to do is expose them, give them a chance to see it.
Speaker 3: That's right. There you go.
Speaker 1: Hey, once again, we've got the website. That's where we can go to get our tickets. Also, you can get them at the Center box office. And they're fifty five of a person. What did you say they were for a table? Four hundred dollars for a table of eight. Okay, oh there you go. That's a good bargain. Yeah, so we'll see it trivia night.
Speaker 3: For the Bartles.
Speaker 2: We'll simpy arswer Fred, thank you, yeah, well, thank you, all right, thank you, talking with you, oh.
Speaker 3: Always, folks. You've been watching and listening to our community connection