Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to Hamradio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today and thank you for the support. Okay, seven o'clock. Yeah, it's seven o'clock somewhere, that's for sure. Wow. So I really swear to you. I promise that when I set this up, I set it for seven o'clock, which is seven o'clock right now in Texas where daylight saving these times. Last night we're now UTC minus six. We were UTC minus five for last five or six months, however long it was. And I swear I set this up for seven o'clock and it is you know what? Echo, Okay, there we go. And for whatever reason I think you, I think YouTube screwed up. I think YouTube put it at six and hadn't updated their stuff yet. I think it could be my fault. I don't know, but yeah, that's that's where we are. So good evening, happy Sunday, Happy opening season of deer opening weekend of deer season in Texas where I should be right now, but you know what, I like being here as well, So thanks for joining me tonight. Special shout out to all the YouTube channel members in the chat. Andy Kelly was in there early, Cooley, Jason, let's see Aaron KQ four h z K see you guys in there. Who else is there? Don in five s KT saw him in there earlier as well. Jody's in there v A five SAR. Thanks for joining us. Mike KO four PDI. Thanks buddy, Mike. If you have the zoom link, you can join us tonight if you like. There's Don Casey five QQ, David and several of that. Lester, I'll see you in there. Thanks for joining. Big John's Hamshack is in here, so thanks for joining us tonight. Guys, appreciate the channel support and for being on a live stream tonight. So what's up, Chris? I was hearing on time? Big John says, I was here and on time. I know I was technically you were early. You were not on time. You were early, but I was on time. But YouTube. I guess YouTube decided to do something different with that. So whatever we got there, Okay, quick announcement, real quick, and then I'm gonna bring a couple of guests on with me. So next weekend is next Saturday's November ninth. There is a group in North Texas called Cavalry Overland. They do overland meet ups about once a month, maybe once every other month, once a quarter or something like that. I think it has changed a couple of times. Anyway, they're doing a meetup at CB Adventure Supply in Saganaw, Texas, which is about thirty forty five minutes from where I live right now, and they're doing this. They call it Rigs and Coffee and it's just kind of like a hangout thing, talk overland, share stories and whatnot, plan events, that kind of thing. They asked me to do a short thirty minute presentation about ham Radio, So I'm going to be at that event next Saturday. I think it's at ten am. I think the event goes from like nine to one, and I think my presentation goes live at ten. So that's in Saginaw. I'll put a link to this in the chat right here. You can there you go. If you click on RSVP, it says it says right down here, and it says purchase tickets, and the purchase price is zero dollars. So they're just trying to get a head count, so you can purchase. You can purchase one ticket and it's one ticket per order. Just bring your wife, bring your friend, whatever, send them this link because it's always gonna be zero dollars. So, uh so it's a free event to attend. Obviously, if you haven't been to see the adventure, supply they carry a lot of stuff, So go there and spend some money, or go there and leave your wallet at home so that you don't spend money, depending on which situation you're in. It's a cool place to hang out, cool place to hang out, cool stuff to see. So if you're in the area, come join me next Saturday. All right, let me switch. I'm gonna switch over to you guys, and well let's go with now. I don't want that one right there, I want this one right here. What's up everybody? How are you guys? Tonight?
Speaker 2: Sound good?
Speaker 1: You see you good? Good? Thank you Ford, thank I see your mug. I see your mug, and I'll raise you a pumpkinator.
Speaker 2: Well, I am drinking Heaven He'll mine.
Speaker 1: Ah. I was at Hall's Liquor before I went out of town last weekend for for for hunting season, and one of the guys was he was just kind of being overly, overly helpful, one of the guys behind the counter. I'm like, okay, well tell me what allocated stock you have. Tell me, oh, we got yeah, And he showed me a couple of things. But he goes, we got two bottles that are new, and he pointed it at Heaven Hill and I'm like, well, I've got a bottle of that. He said, Galveston. But I've got a bottle of that.
Speaker 2: If you say that, then they will light up. Oh oh, let me sell you what else we have, right because they know you know your stuff at that point exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I can. I can act like I know my stuff. I don't really know that.
Speaker 3: That's they know you're willing to get your wallet out.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's that's what it's all about, right there, Robert. I heard you call k I five whiskey something on on the forty six machine earlier as I was driving home, probably about eleven o'clock this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 1: That was And I waited a few minutes to see if they answered you if they didn't, and then I called you, you must have turned the doll by it in.
Speaker 3: Oh So, I was doing something. I'm sitting at my desk. I'm doing something. I'm not paying attention to the radio, but I've got it on. I usually have that that two meter that that ken Wood on when I'm sitting at the desk, and I heard a call sign come over, and it's like, wait a minute, I think I know that call sign, but I didn't see I've got both the two meter and the seventy centimeter repeaters on, monitoring both of those. I didn't know which one it came in on. Oh so I called over on the seventy centimeter one. And it's funny because the guy was actually monitoring both as well, because I saw him come back on the two meter side.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, to the side, okay, okay, yeah, because okay, all right, good. Yeah, I was on the four forty. I was on the four to forty side. That's the one I have program in my radio is Bridgeport. It's just what I called it. I guess I didn't know where it was, but yeah, okay, good, But that repeater works fantastic. Surprisingly, I couldn't get it from it is. I couldn't get it from the deer stand with an HT last night, which there's several repeaters in the area. I can get from an HT in the deer stand, but I couldn't get that one. But from the mobile unit it works great. And from the base station where I was talking to you yesterday it worked great too. So anyway, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to which repeater.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Robert, you know more about it than I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a Decatur. There's two Decatur repeaters.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've got great range. They've got you know, they've got really great reach.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the Detton repeater today over and let's drive it through Herst and that'sh But I don't know if I was making it back to it. I tried to key up several times. No one came back.
Speaker 1: You probably were because, as as you will see in a future video of mine, I got a nice ninety seven hundred. So put that in the back of your mind for a minute. But I was doing h I was doing some testing, making a video with it, and I keep up that repeater and I talked to a guy and he says, they have voters at like uh at like Lake Grapevine and like one in the colony. I think so they have like remote base that points back to the actual one nine two repeater in Denton, which I didn't I didn't know that back when I was a member of the Denton Club years and years ago, they didn't have that. So uh, but you should be able to make it, Frank, because there's actually are actually a remote base down here that you and I could probably get into a little bit easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guys were having a QSO and I thought they were done, and I keeped up and I said, hey man, this is KG five AHJ I'm a holday down here. How's that signal? And then they immediately came back and called another station and went on with a q SOO. I'm like, you know what, I bet you're the same guys that say the repeaters are dead. I refuse to talk to anyone else.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, that's something there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Jason, this this was k I five d J L.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's yeah, that's yeah. That was not a call sent I recognized. But that's who I heard you call. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he's a local young man around here. I always want to call him a kid, but it's not fair to call him a kid, but I do want to call him out just because you know, this is a uh, this is a local guy here. He's a college student at Tarleton, so he's down in Stephenville. And this guy is like Ham crazy. This is this is a great hammer radio operator. So it's a great example of a young Ham radio operator that you know is out there doing doing the thing.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: He's not the young he's not the young Ham who is at field day, is he?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I know I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty Dowley. Yeah yeah, yeah, I remember him. Yeah, he seemed really into it. Yeah but yeah, that's good, good deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So when I heard him, it's like, I gotta I gotta come back to him. Sure, yeah out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like I said, I I just had to take a guess on which.
Speaker 1: Which was yeah, always a challenge.
Speaker 2: I was listening on the repeater, so they did quite a bit of driving, especially because the storms are coming through and I didn't hear any storm nets, so that was a good thing. But I did get it, had to get q so with another gentleman and on the Hurst repeater, and that was funk.
Speaker 1: I was when I got okay, So I'll say that in a minute. Why I'm home right now. But when I was driving I left the Deer least probably about ten forty five this morning, something like that, and it's about an hour and fifteen minute drive with regular traffic, so you know, so I got home a little bit shortly after noon. I'm about noon, maybe a few minutes after. So when I was coming into town, coming down one fourteen through South Lake, I switched over to the Uless machine and there was two guys talking on the Ulis machine, and which that's a I wouldn't call that machine a very active machine, but it does get used. It does get used. And during storm watches and like during the snowmageddon and the ice days that we have, two or three or maybe more guys will get on that repeater and do like just like a wellness check net. Say we're going to open this very informal no net control. We're just we're monit. If anybody needs anything, you know this kind of thing, and that's so so I'll listen. Yeah, and I'm not in Uless, I mean Grapevine, but I'm right on the edge. And that's probably the closest to repeater to me as the crow flies, and it's it's got a it's got a pretty good footprint, and I like to listen to that repeater when I'm driving around town. So it, uh, it pleased me to to to hear activity both on on the Decatur repeaters and the Uless repeaters this weekend when I was driving around, So so that was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those those Decatur repeaters get a fair amount of use, so it's uh, that's why I always have them running. You're gonna enjoy having those uh set up while you're out running around at the dear lease So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because that, yeah, that two meter machine came back really strong. And then and then the four forty six. I couldn't remember the I couldn't remember the pl tone and I that's why I asked you for for the Bridgeport machine. And I guess you didn't know what I was talking about, but that Roston machine works incredibly well. But I don't hear very many people on it at all.
Speaker 3: It doesn't get the same amount of traffic, but it is a good repeater. It's it's got good reach.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's it's up really high, like two thousand feet. So but yeah, so long story short, I was, we went out Friday and I set up camp and I slept in my broken ass trailer for the last two nights because I've got it. I've got an appointment to take it in a week from Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes. And I haven't seen Bill in the chat tonight. Bill, if you're out there, let me know, because I am this close. I am this close to go in and getting a Bill trailer and building it out nice like a mobile ham shack trailer.
Speaker 2: That know what that will be? Uh contact content?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh, it'll be a whole series. Yeah. In fact, I'll probably do a couple of videos on my unplug channel just about just kind of the trailer stuff and do the you know, do the ham radio stuff on this channel.
Speaker 2: But just need to get the wife to sign off.
Speaker 1: I know. I told her about it and she kind of looked at me sideways and then yeah, She's like, how mad that look She's like, she's like, how many radio shacks do you need? I'm like, well, hold on, hold on, because we're talking about moving. Yes, and in a year or two we're talking about moving to Galveston permanently. Yeah, well you can come down to Galveston, Frank, we'll have a spare room.
Speaker 2: Be careful, man, I'll take you up on that.
Speaker 1: I said it, I meant it, So, Tim, thank you for thank you for being a channel member for fourteen months. Buddy. If you have the zoom link, Tim, you are welcome to join us tonight. In fact, anybody.
Speaker 2: Huh he knows the zoom link.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he does. Yeah, anybody in the chat that has the zoom link that's been on it and is welcome to joints tonight. Very very laid back to me.
Speaker 2: And if you forgot hit me up in the back channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hit Frank up in discord. So uh so I left there about yeah and oh no, I'm sorry. So I I got to take my trailer in and I don't know, they might they might have that thing for two or three months. I don't know how long we're going to have it.
Speaker 2: Let's time they had it for like three months.
Speaker 1: Three months, it was three. I dropped it off the day after Huntsville Hamfest in August, and I got it back the day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So Jason, you know what we should do?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: We should we should try to get a two for deal on one of those trailers.
Speaker 1: Right, it's an ideal.
Speaker 3: And then you and I went to, yeah, I want one as well, And then you and I can have like a like a reality show, a YouTube reality show where where we see who can build the coolest mobile ham shack?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know I I would much rather do collaboration than competition.
Speaker 2: So competition with.
Speaker 1: No, I understand that. But like if Robert comes up with this really great idea, I'm like, no, no, no, I want to do that. Also, I don't want to. I mean, you know, I will share all my good ideas with you, yeah, and that kind of thing. So yeah, but no, that's that's a good idea. Though it is a good idea.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm serious, I would like to buy one as well. So if we can get a two for deal, we should we can do there.
Speaker 2: I will buy one. I will buy bills so you could do it again.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, so I've got I found a place. There's a place in Waksahatchie that carries them. There's a place in Hillsborough, and there's a place. Do you know which I think it's I think it's various. It's just like a it's like a I'm not even one hundred percent sure if they're new, like some of them will say, like twenty twenty two or twenty twenty three models, And I don't even care if it's new exactly. The latest place I found was in Greenville, and and I found all of these on Facebook marketplace. I'm just looking on Facebook marketplace for a sixteen by seven by seven trailer, so it's sixteen foot long, seven foot wide, and seven foot tall. I don't know if that was going to work for you, Robert, but you know, for me, that's that's fine, Robert. But are you muted? Tim?
Speaker 6: He's just.
Speaker 1: Hear me, Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Tim to Tim?
Speaker 1: Hello? Tim?
Speaker 3: Tim? Tim?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, sometimes he'll catch up to us at some point. So yeah, but they also make they also make a sixteen by eight by seven so it's eight feet wide. Yeah, and I think they even make like it's ten feet wide too. But I mean, I don't like ten foot wide is pushing it because that's about the width of your lane on the highway, so they make it feet would be nice, eight foot would be nice. And here's the thing. I was talking to a couple of guys at the r V at Outback RV and Denton about a couple of different brands of trailers, telling him about all the stuff that I the problems I've been having my with my Forest River. And they have this brand up there called Imperial that we're going to do a video about soon. And that thing. They build four inch thick insulated walls into that thing. Wow, and it like it has a it has like a thousand watts of solar on top and a twelve I think it's either twelve or twenty four volt air conditioner. He said. They left it on for three days. One time they forgot it was running. They came out and they opened the door and it was like seventy degrees in there because it's been running the whole time because it's so well insulated and it's got all this battery. But I'm like, Okay, if I got a sixteen by eight foot trailer, I could put four inches on either side three to four inches of insulation on either side and still be greater than seven feet wide. So I'm like, maybe that's what I want to do. And the prices, the prices are not very very different between the two sizes. But what I found was I found a place in Waksahatchie that seems to have a few brands, and I found the place in Hillsborough was well a place. Some lady in Florida hit me up. She's like, oh, we hear you're looking for and I'm like, yeah, where are you? She goes, We're in Florida, and I'm like, I'm not driving to Florida. Oh, we can deliver it to you. I'm like, sure, you can't for a thousand dollars. Yeah, exact, I'm not doing that. Come on. She said, we have a place in Hillsboro and the trailer she was quoting me was one thousand dollars more expensive in Hillsborough than what she wanted to sell it to me for in Florida. And I'm like, yeah, I don't think. I don't think I'm gonna do that. So but the place in Greenville said that they would finance me. Now hear me out on finance. Here's how I do financing here. I love to do financing like this. And I don't know how long they were going to give me, twelve, twenty four months, whatever, I just want to I just want to pay it off in like three months, you know, cause I'm looking to spend six to eight thousand dollars. The ones I've been looking at have been six to eight thousand dollars maybe nine thousand at the very most. And I'm like, dude, instead of just dropping eight grand today, I just paid off in like four months. Sure, you know, I mean, why not mean I don't care. Finance it to me at thirty percent for the next two years. I don't care. I'm gonna pay it off in four months. So uh so that's but the place in Greenville said that they would do that, and they sent me this link to fill out financial information, which I haven't done that yet, but I don't know. I'm looking at that. I need to go out, and I've been talking with Richard, a main trading company, about going out and doing a tour of their new facility. They just moved nice locations and I'm like, Greenville's right next to parents, are just not that far from Paris. So I'm thinking about trying to kill two birds with one stone one of these days and do both of those trip and just kind of swing through Greenville to check out their inventory and whatnot and talk to them. And if I do that, Robert, I'll let you know. But but like my older trailer right now, I took to a used car lot about our used RV lot like a week ago, and that guy's trying to sell it for me. And then my Forest River is going in the shop next week. So I've got all of deer season left with no facilities at all. So I mean, I don't know I've got I've got there, I've got a couple of options. We'll see. But now might be a prime time to try to jump onto something like that. We'll see, we'll see. I don't know, I don't know. But anyway, Tim, you got us?
Speaker 6: Do you have?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: There you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you could hear us at first? What's up?
Speaker 4: Not much, just just you know, coming back. Actually was my son's birthday, so we were out of dinner and everything and nice and uh just got home here a little bit again.
Speaker 2: Did you get them a tank radio mug.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't help it. These are awesome, man, they.
Speaker 1: Look like good mugs. They are good mugs, and Frank, I haven't I'm going to tell you this on the live stream, and I'm doing this on purpose. So you're Tumblr, you're whiskey tumbler. I was. I'd used it two or three times and uh, it was a perfect size. I've got I've got one. I've got a whiskey tumbler from my buddy Brent whiskey seven br W seven br and he's got his logo on it, and then yours was a little bit larger, and then I've got these generic ones that are larger than yours. But I was using that that ice globe thing and I was, no, no, no, no, no no. I've got two of them in my fridge here as well, and they're a little bit bigger than one of Galveston. So I was. I was kind of squeezing it and breaking the ice and I poured it into your glass and it broke the side off the door. It's like, I was like, oh crapose, those were one of them. I know it. Yeah, I had to throw it. It was broken. Now I'd throw it out. It's like, this's my only one.
Speaker 7: I told She's like, what, everyone else's tumblers are worth more now?
Speaker 1: I know, right, Yeah, there's less of them in the world now.
Speaker 2: So now you got to drink it out of a coffee mug.
Speaker 1: I get. Yeah, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to say all all the mugs are in the shipping. I dropped the last batch off Yester.
Speaker 1: Good, so hopefully the first Nope, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The first went out last week and I got pictures of those that came through, and I heard that they cut through the male grate, second batches on their way. Everything scanned in. You should have had the updates in the shipping and they're they're all out there, so yay, and they're they're awesome.
Speaker 3: What's next, Frank?
Speaker 2: You know what? I don't know? All right, so I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna do it.
Speaker 1: No, do another whiskey tellel or just do it a little bit different.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to retread. I do you remember the Ammo cans. I had this idea the.
Speaker 1: Ammo cans, like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The fire coming out and everything. I bought a kit a d Y I kit and I gave it to my brother today and this is why it came up on my mind. I'm like, I want to do a tank radio ammo can with the fire coming out, and I want to go and find a laser cutter in the area and have my logo cut into it so the fire you see the fire through the AMMO can. Me and my brother were joking. I'm like, so I told him like, oh, you get some lava rocks, put it on, or you get the glass a little bead and you put it on top of there, make it look a little nicer. Then I was like, I wonder if someone sells solid metal bullets m so you can put the solid metal bullet inside the ammo can that you light on fire. I was like, how bad something would that be? Just you go, oh, it's ammo can and you see like ammunition inside the fire.
Speaker 1: Hold. On a second, Patty Boy gaming, where's the discord link? It is him Radio two dot com forward slash discord him Radio two dot com Forward slash discord Frank. If you'll share that just when you got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's next. Don's con out the booney hats, my booney hats. I'm trying to find the link over at gigabarts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those are gigaparts.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, those are awesome booney hats. I have one behind me right there, but I chose the ones with black and white on them.
Speaker 1: Del Fargas says, what could possibly go wrong with that idea? Lighting a bullet on fire in an Ammo can for fire pit.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys saw Freddie Mack's face when when Frank, He's like, all I'm thinking about is rounds lighting off there, cooking off.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just like, I want to go camping in California with Frank when he has that, so that I don't have to drive him home because he's gonna freaking get arrested. So, no, these.
Speaker 2: Solid metals, so you can't put it in there. It's just be like, I want the people to be.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, nobody's ever going to make a mistake and confuse that, right and maybe put a real live round right that can right, that'll never happened.
Speaker 2: Never happened. So but when I was pricing that out, and then the laser cutter and then lava rocks or some metal cutter to get me that I was like, Oh, that's gonna be like one hundred and twenty dollars item and I'm going to have two two of them.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, it's a good idea. I don't know. I don't know it's a good idea. Definitely had to figure out the execution and see.
Speaker 3: I would just go with you know, you've got it down now, frank right, you did it in all your boxes, right, Just paint your stencil on the side.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, So that that would be the secondary thing.
Speaker 1: But if you're gonna use it for an AMMO can, that's fine. If you're gonna use it for a fire pit that's gonna burn right off of there.
Speaker 2: Well you can use resistant, yeah, real pain.
Speaker 1: Okay, that might that might Yeah, that might work. I don't know. The first when you buy that kit that Kyle has, the first thing they do is tell you that they tell you to do is sand up all the paint.
Speaker 2: Well, you stand off the paint and then repaint it with the paint resistant because the initial paint they have on there is kind of toxic if it gets too hot, and what are you gonna do set it on fire? So yes, that's that's why they have your shaved, scrape it all off even on the outside. That repaint it so like like I did with the like Roberts said with the boxes, I do the inverted ghost spray paint. Yeah I could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: I just think it would be laser cut. It would just be like, ah, this is so cool. We'll see, we'll see. I think that'll just be too high. A couple of suggestions in the chat Brandon to put together a cigar kit cut her torch slider pouch with all your branding. I like that, but I think crowd is too limited in that. I would really love to do like a branded cigar. And we I looked at those laws and no, sir, a flask. A flask, we.
Speaker 3: Could totally do.
Speaker 1: A flask is a good idea, bro, Frank. We need to do we need to do a round of whiskey. Yes, we need to look at some story right right correct and have them bottle it for us in a and the way that Okay. So, so we were in New Bronzeville for a for a family wedding about I don't know a month and a half ago something like that. We went into a winery in there, and my wife and I and we were and they had on the on in the behind the sign of the winery. They had do your own wine, make your own barrel of wine. That's what it was. I forget what they called. They had a term for it, but it was basically make your own barrel of wine. So and I said, tell me about that, and she goes, what you do is you come in and we'll give you a bunch of samples the different wines we have, and you can pick one or you can kind of do a blended something if you want to do that, and then we will make the wine. And I think she said it takes like six or eight weeks or ten weeks something like that. Forget, And they make the wine and then when it's ready, you do a reveal party and you bring your people up there and you invite people up there, and then you get like I think it was like something crazy like sixty bottles of wine out of out of a barrel, something like that. Whatever it was.
Speaker 2: We looked up the numbers and it was like three hundred bottles of bourbon or something.
Speaker 1: Well, a bourbon bottle is smaller than a wine bottle typically, I mean just to maybe it was like eighty battles. I don't remember it was what maybe it wasn't a full sized barrel they had at this winery. Anyway, the point is I was like, okay, so what do people do with this? She goes, well, I said, because you can't sell it because you don't have a liquoralized I mean legally, you can't sell it because you can't put it on your website, you can't put it on eBay. She goes well, most of the time, it'll be a company that does it, and like some big corporate company who come in here for a team building project and they're like, hey, we're going to buy everyone gets one bottle of wine. You know, we got sixty employees and that kind of thing. I'm like, that's a good idea. That's cool. I like that idea.
Speaker 2: But they need to resell it though for us, because we can't sell it straight out.
Speaker 1: On We can't sell it straight out and yeah, but what we can do now, anybody any lawyers in the chat cover years. What we can do, I think is we can take it to hamfests and sell people a whiskey tumbler. Oh, by the way, you get a free bottle of whiskey with that, you know, so or you could just say, hey, you know what, I'm giving the whiskey away. Oh you want to make a donation, that's great, thank you very much, but you know, it's the whiskey's free, you know, something like that. So you can kind of get the other end of that is maybe maybe they will sell it through their website. Say, I mean, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd be looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to find somebody to do that, because I think that would be a fun and it needs to be a bourbon, not a way I keep saying whiskey. It needs to be a bourbon. But I think that would be a really cool thing to have a Ham radio bourbon that we can and I would shoot, I'd buy ten bottles of it myself, and I would legit, take it to hamfests and give it to certain Patreon members or channel members or something like that. I would give several bottles away myself, but you know, and I'd probably take keep two bottles myself and put them in the cupboard and leave them there for a long time. But Aaron says, thirty one gallons and a barrel fifths thirty one times five equals one hundred and fifty five fifths. I think there's different sized barrels though, but that's probably that's probably he's probably standard barrel there. That's so that's good. One hundred and fifty five bottles. We could we could move one hundred and fifty five bottles of bourbon. I just think we could. I would like to. I would like to be proven wrong on that. So let's let's try it and see.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I will put the leg work in and see if we can find someone will do that for us, get some pricing, and I hope, yeah, I hope that they can also do the resale and then just right I, like you said, I'll buy some bottles too. Yeah, I just want someone else to figure out those laws.
Speaker 1: The wine place was you know, it costs X number of dollars to do this and then you get all of those bottles of wine at the end of the thing. So you were baying you right, Yeah, it was all yours, And that's what she was saying. She's like a lot of corporate parties and companies do this and they'll just they'll just give the wine to their people, and I'm like, well, okay, yeah, that's that's kind of a cool than Christmas thing, maybe something like that company anniversary whatever. So I'm like, that's a good idea. So Bill's in the chat bill we were just talking about, you, buddy, If you have the zoom link bill, the same one we always use, You're welcome to join us if you are sitting in front of your green screen and your toy holler trailer that we were just talking about.
Speaker 4: So hey, Jason, yeah, go along the line with what you were talking about with the bourbon. I threw a link in the zoom chat of a distillery that some may turn me on too. I haven't had a chance to taste it yet. But take a look at their logo.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I don't see a Lincoln's zoom chat.
Speaker 2: It's in our zoom zoom chat. He direct message it to me because we were just.
Speaker 1: Did just put it in the chat.
Speaker 5: It's in the zoom chat.
Speaker 6: You think I'm not much of an it guy, I know, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: My goodness, all right, so let's look at this real quick.
Speaker 2: But their logo, uh.
Speaker 3: Enter, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: That's kind of yeah, yeah, that is a sine wave.
Speaker 2: Isn't it bourbon ry, single barrel bourbon single day.
Speaker 1: New Riffdistilling dot Com. Okay, where are the where is this? Tim? Is this in Tennessee, Kentucky, Kentucky? Yeah, well it should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And speaking of which, I don't think Louisville or Lexington is that far from Dayton, Ohiowa, and that that yeah, should be a field trip.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. In fact, n A Yo was in Chat earlier and I'm pretty sure it's Dayton. And he will stop in too. Jack Daniels in two or three different Kentucky distilleries on his way to Dayton. Uh not maybe not every year, but most years. So and he's like, and I'm like, oh, Jack Daniels, how's that? He goes man, that you can get stuff to Jack Daniels distillery. They don't sell anywhere else. And I'm like, okay, all right, I'm good with that. So I had some Jack Daniels last night, No Friday. I haven't had Jack Daniels a long time, not the old number seven. I haven't had a long long time. And I'm like, well, okay, my tastes have been kind of evolving. I used to think it was I used to think it was good but not great. So I had some of the other night and I'm like, you know what, that's that's not bad. It's not it's not fantastic, but it's not it's not bad. It's better than I remember.
Speaker 3: So it's whiskey for coke.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and see, and the guys at Hauls the other day he was showing me a bottle of Evan Williams that was a single barrel, and I'm like, well, isn't that like very bottle? He goes, yeah, they're they're like standard Evan Williams is like Walmart whiskey that you put in Walmart coca cola. I mean, it's not even really good enough for regular coca cola, but it's it's But he's like, this single barrel is supposed to be really good. I'm like, ah, okay, cool, good, so worth a try, right, worth a try?
Speaker 2: Yep, you know, you never know about trying this. Heaven Hill is kind of decent, but you know how much everyone talked it up and what I find right at it, I'm like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's not It's like Fuzzy's Tacos. It's not worth the hype. I'm like, yeah, Fuzzy Tacos is good, but what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: You know what my every day is. I know what my every day is.
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 1: Four roses.
Speaker 2: Four roses.
Speaker 1: I dare they're cheap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, twenty eight bucks, this is the leader.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I dare you to beat four roses for anything less than sixty dollars larceny good, but it is in less than sixty See, I was thinking Buffalo Traces a little bit higher than.
Speaker 3: That fifth for twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but where.
Speaker 3: The costco total and more?
Speaker 1: Can you really get it? Okay, Buffalo Trace is very good as well. Ye twenty bucks Yeah yeah, yeah, but I mean that four Roses is fantastic.
Speaker 3: I'm just really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The larsony's good too, but I think I like the four roses better. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: We didn't have any trouble with it in Missouri. I can tell you that.
Speaker 4: Although no trouble worked, although the company was pretty good.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what made that.
Speaker 1: Hey, we were just trying to keep warm and all we were doing survival one on one. Yeah, yeah, it was all medicinal. That's right. Yeah, yeah, really gold Until the next night we were yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: What what would be our name of the bourbon? So say we found someone to do.
Speaker 3: It, look at the chat zoom chat. I come up with some ideas. Seventy three whiskey ex distillersstillers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one's good. Yeah, the ex distillers is good.
Speaker 3: He down distillery signal bourbon.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good bourbon.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Propagation reserve. I think that's gonna be one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Propagation reserve. That's good, that's not bad.
Speaker 6: I feel like Freddy's been thinking about this for a while. He started up a.
Speaker 2: Lot of us l select.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got to admit I just tapped it into chat GPT. Oh yeah, also hand banded bourbon.
Speaker 3: So there's a bunch of them there.
Speaker 1: Kind of tank tread, uh, tank tread.
Speaker 3: That's like that's like shoe leather liquor.
Speaker 9: Right, that's right, Yeah, yeah, right, no doubt, And I seven I'm not going to prove it.
Speaker 2: The mods can get a chuckle out of that. Bill, What is up?
Speaker 1: What's up? Bill?
Speaker 10: Did somebody say larceny?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it was there for the Bill was there for the larceny epic?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I anticipated Where are you at?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 10: I just got to my sister's place in Arizona.
Speaker 11: I had to get out of that monkey suit, put on some real clothes, and I just took a four hour flight from Charlotte here and glad to be with you guys.
Speaker 1: Cool man, nice man.
Speaker 3: It's good to see you. Bill.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a long time. We've got to get together. Well.
Speaker 2: I loved all the traveling we did, but I am enjoying my downtime right now. Let me just say that, but I'm looking forward to next year to just do it again.
Speaker 1: What'd you say about More Expo? Bill?
Speaker 10: Who's going to?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely am. I got Let me hold on, I saw a couple.
Speaker 3: Of days ago, right, yeah, get ready for.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What are We're gonna make it bigger and better?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: But but like, are we going to do the same type of preview ticket? So we get in andto the crap count early.
Speaker 1: And okay, So here's uh So. I had emailed Chris Holloway, he's the uh founder and CEO of More Expo. I emailed him basically the week after we got back, and he replied to me like last week, and he's like, hey, I just uh, sorry for the delay, blah blah blah. That's fine, no problem, no big deal, he says. I was just on the call with David Harris out of the Nixia n i x A NIXA Amateur Radio Club, which I think is in the area. He remind to meet a holler back at you, my apologies for missy okay. David and I were talking about setting up an amateur radio area between the indoor and outdoor vendor areas so attendees could meet all of you guys. I want to give you space for everyone and all of you to come together in a shared location. I have a good spot with power right on the main road. If you're still interested coming in, please grab a time on my calendar. So I have a meeting with him this Thursday to discuss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it sounds like we're going to be up front at the camping spot.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think he's talking about I think he's talking about something similar to what he gave Steve last year, not a camp site, but during the show, like a booth during the show, right, I believe that's that's how I read it. Anyway, I can confirm with him when I have my call with him on Thursday.
Speaker 2: But the camp like didn't We try a booth several times at Dayton and a couple other hand fests, and we weren't hardly ever there.
Speaker 3: Just to.
Speaker 2: Healthy counter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's it would be nice to have. I don't know, there's a different ambiance at an overland show because we're not overland YouTubers. We're Ham Radio, So having a Ham Radio spot might be kind of a good thing at this show. I don't know, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not on Creators Row where all the Sadie people.
Speaker 9: Were, right, yeah, yeah, did you walk down there, like so yeah YouTuber Ham Radio hand uh, content creators, we're rubbing airbells, we are stealing and drinking all of.
Speaker 2: Freddy's bourban and we're having enough fun time. I walked down, you know, the Content Creators Row for the what the overlanding group. They were like, this is my area, and this is my area, and this is my area. Some they were just kind of talking to the fans. But it's one of the big creators. I didn't see a lot of you know, intermingling how like we do in the hand.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I didn't see a lot of intermingling either, that's true.
Speaker 6: And no I got I got at what I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, soon as like I was like, I got my own channel. Oh that's that's part for the course though, Tim, Yeah, well that is true. That's right, you're true.
Speaker 1: Consider the source, I guess. But no, I mean it's yeah, it's it's it's a different thing.
Speaker 4: Especially that guy with the purple hair. I won't name any names, but you.
Speaker 1: Don't talking about right, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we've we've we've well.
Speaker 1: No, there's some feedback coming from you. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, there you go. Thank you feel free to talk whenever you want to.
Speaker 2: But you know, uh, band Master Bourbon, yes, ban.
Speaker 1: Master Bourbon like straight key spirits. I like that.
Speaker 6: I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was a differ vibe I got from them there. I agree sharing maybe if we walk down there at night or they might be having fun.
Speaker 4: But I was like, no, one of the one of the things most of them are, they're they're a type personalities, right, and we are too. But the very nature of HAM Radio is to be out there to talk to communicating, right, Communicating is really.
Speaker 6: Not where they're there.
Speaker 4: Their things are, they're they're very guarded and it's it's all about me, me, me, Where we're.
Speaker 3: They're just used to being out in the middle of nowhere by themselves, right right right, well with others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well the point is that that the good the good news is in my opinion, that more Expo wants to support us and they want to make it easier to get the word out about ham Radio and and support our YouTube community. So we are going to be making so I'll find out more information from Chris. This is not a camp site thing. We're gonna camp in the same way we did last year. Cool except larger. I hope.
Speaker 6: Can we just get that corner blocked off.
Speaker 2: Whole, like the whole area, that whole sliver, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll, I'll, I'll see what he has to say about that. I was like, you know, I don't want any special privileges or anything. I'm not trying to do that because it is dispersed camping, first come, first serve. I say, we just get there early again like we did last year. But yeah, I thought that was really fun. It was a fun drive. But uh, I'll see what he says about that, But no, I think he was talking about like a booth for like during the show, to hang out place during the show, kind of like what Steve had last year. So yeah, I think it's Uh. I think we're gonna be doing a big push for a probably as soon as him cation is done in February, you probably start do a couple of live streams, invite people on, get the word out that kind of thing, and try to get a try to get a larger crowd, a larger Ham Radio crowd at more expert this year than we had last year, because that's that was a fun shine.
Speaker 2: Prett Pam Paul says, does he have to buy a gazelle to attend?
Speaker 1: You do not. You just have to buy You just have to buy one if you want to look cool like the rest of us. But you don't. I mean, we're not going to kick you out if you don't have a gaze.
Speaker 6: Rob did Rob didn't have a gaze?
Speaker 2: Roger Mahal it was garage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kyle was in his hikers That's right, that's what she said. Yeah, Uh, Kyle had his hiker trailer.
Speaker 3: I drove cousin Eddie up there, or pulled cousin Eddie.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah, yeah, the inside, but.
Speaker 3: It's an eyesore on the outside.
Speaker 10: Gazelle he brought. He was nice to up the haul of gazelle down there for me.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's the frequency, says the there's a well documented drama between all the r V and Overlander channels. Well, if you give them all bourbon and tell them to share, then they become friends. And cigars because you know, we woke up and we like morning cigars.
Speaker 3: I think that's too bad that they don't get along. I mean, we have such a great time, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: I know it. Yeah, I'll just say it.
Speaker 2: We were cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner for each other, you know, foods there. Let me let me take that back. Y'all bring the food and I helped prep on Kyle's stuff and cooked it.
Speaker 1: Iol I had my I had my my new Blackstone that I just purchased a couple of months ago that I haven't had a chance to use yet. I cooked. I cooked a couple of meals on it this weekend at the hunting les. Yep. Uh, get yeah, yeah, I need one of the laser of thermometers like Kyle has to, you know, but yeah, you just kind of keep the heat low so it slow cooks things and then you know, you can go Okay, it's it's okay. Let's see. Hold on, I saw a question or a comment I wanted to reply to, but I lost it. Oh, here's Chris Bricker. Are you guys taking go boxes and showing off some jeep with Oh? Did I okay?
Speaker 3: You're going?
Speaker 1: My battery died? Uh? Where is that?
Speaker 2: I could take it? Are you guys showing got boxes and sewing off decked out jeeps for Ham radio stuff? Last year Jason did a intro to Ham radio talk and that was fun. If we have a booth, we might set it up with some Ham radio stuff. We did do it last year, but.
Speaker 1: We did not We did not set up a radio last year, but we did. But Shame set up a radio two years ago. And that was the year that he had his seventy three hundred out there and he was he found a guy on freaking I think he was on twenty meters. The guy was on AM. He was calling CQ on AM and we talked it. We made contact with him and he's just like, yeah, just trying trying some AM. I'm like, oh that and he sounded great and I was like, man, that was He has his buddy stick pron to seventy three hundred. It's all he had and it worked really well. So we did. We did drive down the road a short ways and do a PoTA activation this last year, my first because there's a yeah, that's right, it.
Speaker 3: Was your first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, huh, but it's uh, there's a there's a potas spot, a couple of PoTA spots very close by. But it's uh but yeah, I mean, yeah, we should set up a radio in camp.
Speaker 2: We should totally do camp or if we have a gathering table that the only thing is I don't want to wear that, leave my my whole radio kit and then go and take video and disappear for two three hours, come back to the table and it's been through.
Speaker 5: Oh god.
Speaker 4: So so Steve, Steve did have a couple of radio set up. Uh. He did basically showcasing his in tennis, but he wasn't he wasn't really there to sell anything per se. It was more just kind of education of of ham radio in general.
Speaker 7: We're playing a portable All Star note that I've been building, and a battery box that my friend is making, and he's another hamlet up becoming YouTuber. And this is portable stuff, so it has multi uses.
Speaker 1: If if Robert is speaking of it, back to the XEL thing, If Robert and I have our way, we're gonna keep bringing some mobile ham shacks.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's a point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm putting my I'm putting my All Star, my Britge con Rectorer with the All Star setup in my mobile ham shack whenever I get it built perfect, so it has one hundred what ample fire on it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, to the one question as far as the rigs and everything, so I I had my Bronco there last year. We when we went to go Poda, you know, we rolled up, drop the uh the UH tree table down on the on the tailgate and and set up shopping.
Speaker 6: Uh all was like at least six of us.
Speaker 2: Uh was was that the PODEA activation.
Speaker 3: Kyle was like, yes, exactly that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well those guys were they were doing that the the c WS.
Speaker 2: No, No, he was out like he was out on the side of the truck leaning on it Jason.
Speaker 3: When he was sleeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, let's see.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, do you guys remember that dude that was in the car next to you, Tim, who was parked next to you.
Speaker 6: Yes. Oh I talked to him for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Did you Did he make any sense?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, so. I got to hang out somewhere.
Speaker 2: Did the The story I wanted to tell was the when I came back, Kyle said, know what if I was there, I'll punch you in the nerds. So what happened was I I went to the restroom and a guy was sitting at the restroom trying to charge his uper battery that he charges everything for the weekend but he didn't get through one night and he was trying to get it charged up. And I walked in there and went the restaurant came out and I looked at him. It's like, looks like you need a solar panel, right. He goes, well, yeah, I said, go to gigaparts five percent off. You just take it check out and I walked away.
Speaker 11: And I told that poor guy was sitting it was it was late, Yeah, it was dark.
Speaker 5: Happened to drink and a cigar. He's trying to he's gutifully trying to.
Speaker 10: Get his his station charged.
Speaker 5: And Frank's like, yeah, go buy one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I told that to the cab and Kyle looked at me. If I was there, I'll punch you in the nerds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sure. Yeah. Uh, let's okay. A couple of comments from the chat so k E six G A E the Hillbilly Ham. Uh. He says there will be a communication he's been chatting with me for a little bit. There will be a communication trailer on the and on the air station set up at the More Expo. So I think he's with one of the local clubs that comes out. So he's been he's been talking awesome to Chris also, So yeah, we're we're getting we're getting a bigger Ham radio presence here.
Speaker 2: I hope Alpha antennas set up at the front gate again.
Speaker 1: I hope so uh Veritas weasel. I'll come back to you here in a second, because I'm gonna let Rob answer your question. Let's see that this Chad, Chad k now that winter's coming, business is slowing down, focusing on getting licensed. Have failed the test twice the last two tests you can do it, man, so keep going. Don't let that discourage you. Go to q r Z or EHM, QRZ dot com or em dot net and practice and take their free practice tests and keep doing that until you get to eighty percent, until you get a consistent eighty percent pass rate, and then go take the test and you'll be done.
Speaker 6: Hot general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, keep going, man, keep keep in contact with us and let us know how you do. Uh, this is good. David Pearson A brief A brief on why you're over landing radio coom suck because you mount the antenna this far off the body with nothing underneath it, and you're using a GMRS radio. But I don't have any problems with GMRS radio, but I like, I do like to poke fun where I can, so.
Speaker 2: So your GMRS will get out a quarter mile, my radio will get out a couple of miles. Actually, to be honest, I took I did a test here recently and at the mile mark. I did a mile mark and I couldn't get back to the house. And I think it's because Ulis has a bunch of hills.
Speaker 1: Could be yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't do it with the Freddy has the same issue.
Speaker 1: Now Freddy has the same issue, Yeah, with the handhelds.
Speaker 2: And I was kind of disappointed and I want to figure out why.
Speaker 1: All right, so this run right here. I'm gonna let Robert answer this, okay, so Veritas, Yeah, please recommend radios for m SAT. I assume he means satellite a UV eight seven eight to two plus or the UV nine p X any others. Question Mark, Well.
Speaker 3: Let's see those are those are both handhelds. Look, here's here's my recommendation. And anybody that's watched my channel, they already know what I'm gonna say. Yeah, I first of all, I recommend that you don't use a handheld. It's problematic. Yeah, it's you want to have success, right, right, and you know, getting a little bit of a little bit of success early and easy just kind of fuel the fire. Right. There's nothing worse than going out there trying to make a contact and struggling. You'll you'll put your radio aside and then you won't get back to it. So my recommendation is to pick up and ICEE twenty seven thirty. That's an icon mobile rig right, So here's the couple advantages you have you can go with more power than five watts. Right, That then will operate at five wats, fifteen watts or fifty watts. Don't throw fifty watts at the satellites, please, but you can throw fifteen watts at them, and you're going to have much greater success than you will using a five watt handheld. You can do it with a handheld. But you're going to spend about the same amount of money, right, maybe a little bit more, but about the same amount of money to get that Icom radio. It's a fantastic radio. It does anything you want to do from an f or from a analog radio perspective. It's only three hundred bucks. Get that radio. You will have success right tools.
Speaker 5: For the right?
Speaker 2: Does does Bill have an opinion on that? I saw him.
Speaker 11: I knew yeah that with me, say twenty seven, and I didn't know what to do thirty I knew what Robert was gonna say. He's from a guy who doesn't who had no idea how to get started. I followed his suggestions and that radio does well. Get yourself whatever, riggid, however you want, Amazon bag whatever everly stock Amazon chess, rig and follow Roberts just mimic him.
Speaker 5: Just do what he does and he I mean, he doesn't hide it. He'll teach you to do it the way he does it. He's successful.
Speaker 11: So follow someone who is successful and you will be too. Reinvent the wheel if you want to. I mean, that's fun.
Speaker 2: But that's a challenge for me. Man.
Speaker 3: Well, and there's certainly other radios out there. I see Jason says, what about any fifty seven D. Sure, if you've got one, right, Hey, if you've got a radio and you don't need to buy a radio, that's always your best bet, right, But if you're going to try to pick up an eight fifty seven D, you're going to spend a whole lot more money for a used radio. And like I said, three hundred dollars brand spanking new on that twenty seven thirty and it's a fantastic radio.
Speaker 1: Mikes, of course he does. The The eight fifty seven is just single band though, right, it is? Can you can? It's so it's not it's not full duplex duel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see, you don't have.
Speaker 1: To you don't have to have dogs. Yeah, but you're talking about it if you're talking about me successfull yeah, right until you get good at it, yep, right, Yeah, until you understand how it works and understand the nuances and get good at it and know what to listen for exactly, get it mean, get a dual band, a dual band full duplexing dual receive radio. It'll just be you'll you'll be a happier person for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And get yourself an elk antenna or an arrow antenna and you'll be making contacts before you know it.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a Yo and so n a Yo is offering to buy you a ninety seven hundred with a directional inten and auto frequency control. At least I assume that's what you mean, Mike, cause you're expended. You're you're suggesting the most expensive damn rig that we've talked about so far. So if if you contact inna Yo, you can tell him that Jason said that you'd help him out on that.
Speaker 2: Mike has my address and he'll send that to me.
Speaker 3: Hey, and remember Icon has the new black edition, yes twenty seven coming out, which it's the same radio, but it just looks I mean it's like.
Speaker 2: That sounds middle huh.
Speaker 1: It looks like yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: It's it's so cool looking. Yeah, it really is sweet.
Speaker 1: I saw a freaking I saw a freaking Instagram reel and it was the last scene in Rogue one where Darth Vader comes into the ship and he just completely annihilates all those guys and it was done to Hell's Bells. A freaking I'm like, oh my and it said the title was Darth Vader Hell's Bells makes or Hell's Bells makes Darth Vader much more scary, and I'm like, oh my god, that is freaking cool. It was really fun.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 11: Did I miss conversation about I don't interrupt the questions, but I'm curious. Did I miss conversation about Ham radio trailers?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what we started on.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that before you joined us, Bill, so I I know you are.
Speaker 5: Going to do that, Jason. Did I hear that Roberts can do it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently Robert wants to compete with me, and I'm like, no, no, let's do it together so we can neither one of them screw up. So but yeah, yeah, he's he wants to do it as well, So I'm like, oh man, let's let's make this happen.
Speaker 3: So well, you know, it's it's a great idea, Bill, it just really is. You know when you think about needing you know, I I look, I love the hiker trailers, right and I love it that Kyle got I just don't agree. I just don't fit in those things.
Speaker 11: We'll tell you right now, if if if I had a change of mind a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's my thing is I need the toy hauller so that I can move my motorcycle around. I need to specific.
Speaker 11: But when I look at that hiker trailer, I see a fifteen watt capability tuner, fifteen amp a radio. I can see that radio, you know in the gallery, knowing that the Ford storage areas.
Speaker 3: Oh gotcha, gotcha, couple of fans.
Speaker 11: You know, I just what I'm getting at. You can you can make that trailer the way you wanted to. I'm sure if you get one hundred hands, you get one hundred and fifty different.
Speaker 5: Ways to make that trailer perfect.
Speaker 3: Well, they never stand up in it. Nobody's going to stand up in.
Speaker 1: It, right I can? I can, Well, I'll be able to.
Speaker 3: You think I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: Seven seven foot trailer.
Speaker 3: No, the hiker trailer, Hiker, the high Oh.
Speaker 1: The Hiker trailer. Well, okay, so Kyle told me at at Reneville last month, Hikers coming out with a new trailer that will be seven feet on one end. Oh they're going to announce that in January.
Speaker 3: So it's still not going to be cheaper than a oh no no, no, no, no, no, right, like a box trailer that you do your own thing with.
Speaker 1: Is my audio better, by the way, yes, yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: No, I don't here.
Speaker 5: I think you could stand up in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 11: You might have to duck under the air conditioner, you know that little panel, you know, like you might hit the duck. But it's seventh fu supposedly seven foot or thereabouts. I have I have no regrets.
Speaker 5: I you know, people, why would you do that?
Speaker 3: I can't, you know.
Speaker 11: I get some comments like you're gonna bounce your radio to pieces, and I'm like, well, it's a company that makes some radios for the military, and I'm not over landing with it.
Speaker 5: We'll see, you know, I'll find out you're absolutely right.
Speaker 11: I'm introducing forces to the radio that the radio would not get sitting in your hamshack.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 11: But I don't regret it. Sitting there at Huntsville operating out of the trailer was so much fun.
Speaker 1: I imagine.
Speaker 5: So it's like pile ups is a hoot, you know. I know some people say, oh, that's cheating on.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm cheating on.
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna sitting in your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, for us bringing the you know, one hundred watt radio with us, come on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I have a lot of fun with it. I again, I was designing while I was doing it. It's not a whole lot I would change. I would have done it at different intervals, you know.
Speaker 11: So I ran tons of cat cable, like twice as much as I needed, and it already came with with some twelve vault, but then I added the inverter and inverted charter and some security cameras, and I'm pretty happy with it. I would change some things, and you know what, it fills up real.
Speaker 1: Quick, right right. You probably get a lot of stuff in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm having fun with it, I say, come on, come on, man.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of people in the chat right now talking about you have a trailer. John just said, we have three seventy one hundred radios of buddy hecks and two in feds four hundred A battery solar panels. So I would like to do some interviews with some people that have your own trailer already, So do you if you do have? And I want to get Bill on there too. We didn't get together at Huntsville. Are you going to bring that back to Huntsville this year?
Speaker 11: Bill?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 5: And that's my I'd like to move out of North Carolina, although that's.
Speaker 11: Really nice place for d X, but yeah, yes, but I I have to be I'm still working, so I have to be able to leave it in a secure place and still get back to the airport and leave it there for four days.
Speaker 5: And I just don't have a mind made up. So right now I'm still set.
Speaker 3: But what was I going to say?
Speaker 5: I can't remember?
Speaker 3: Come back to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You know who's you know.
Speaker 11: Who's got a nice one? And I'm sure everyone's is nice. But one that sort of inspired me in different ways is George from ham Radio work Bench just got one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think I've heard about this. I haven't seen it, but yeah, I heard that before.
Speaker 11: There's several out there and they're hey, I'm certain you know heads and tails about heads above mine. But as far as especially finishing, I'm not a finished guy. I'm not a decorator.
Speaker 2: How about Chuck's Chuck was the originator of the this build out process.
Speaker 11: Chucks is perfect for what Chuck wants. Chucks wants to move his dirt bikes, him and his friend's dirt bikes around. His is a sixteen by eight and a half. Like, no, sixteen by eight and a half. It's a it's a big boy. And he's got a nice lab in there where he can shower and do his thing. And he's got nice cabinets, he's got his radios. It's it's not it's what you want.
Speaker 1: I want to do all of that to mine. I want to do all of that to mine. I want to put a shower in it with a freshwater tank and air conditioner, heater, a whole nine yards, and I've got this whole Victron system. I've been watching videos about the Victron system and like this some really cool stuff, great stuff. So yeah, yeah, I want to do all of that. So uh, switching back to the uh satellite talk real quick, I I'm I guess I'm asking you this question, Rob, so he veritas weel same guy who asked the question before. He says, thanks, guys, I was thinking about the innytoe handheld for satellite because it automatically adjusts transmitting receive transmitting receive, he says, for Doppler shift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so what do they have new? So they have some new firmware for that that will will adjust the frequency for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's whis radio.
Speaker 1: Eight handheld?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just came out with that, don't know, maybe I don't know, maybe three four weeks ago. It's fairly new.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's pretty cool. But it sounds more daunting than it really is. Managing Doppler is not a big deal. You know, the first the first few times you do it, it's you know, you think you need to have eight arms and all the rest of that stuff. You get that pretty quickly. And you know, the way I manage mine is I set it for five killer hurts, five killer hurts steps, and so you know, you're adjusting the radio four times through the pass. It's not that big of a deal. You kind of hear the the the signals start to fade, and you just bump. You just bump to the to the next memory channel and you're good to go.
Speaker 1: Good to know. I didn't know that. I honestly did not know the answer to that. So that's good to know.
Speaker 2: So that's also that handheld is a full duplex.
Speaker 3: I believe it is a full duplex.
Speaker 1: Yes, the handheld is a full duplex. Yes.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: I wasn't aware that, Adam. What's yeah? Yeah, well this new one here, Rob, I don't know if you watched my video about this new any tone it says a couple of days ago. Yeah, so it says that it's satellite capable unlike the eight seven eight, And I'm like, I don't know what that means because they're both full duplex. But supposedly this one has some more satellite capabilities in it. Then then then it's predis then maybe not since the firm working maybe maybe they're the same now that the new firm working out for the eight seven eight. But I was thinking about giving that to you and letting you play with it for a few weeks and seeing what you thought about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 1: But Adam K six r K, thanks for joining us, buddy. Good to see you out there. He made a comment that I wonder what you'd have to say that this, Robert, and I am not a satellite expert, guys, That's why I'm asking Robert these questions. I've never even made a satellite contact. Maybe also, so you know, you know how to you know how to not make contacts, Frank so I'm kidding. Adam says running low power on transmit gives you a better odd of hearing yourself on the down link. Fifteen watts on transmit made d sense enough to keep you from hearing some of the SFM SATs on the down link.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm not sure what how Adam is running that, if he's running with two different handhelds or or what. But de sense is a thing. I mean, that's that's certainly, that's certainly problematic. I mean, some guys will run a filter to try to help to help with that, especially if they're running two radios. With the twenty seven thirty, you don't have to worry about that. That's another that's another great thing about that, you don't de sense yourself with that radio. I've certainly experienced that using two different handhelds. I've also experienced that using. I've used the eight eighteen to transmit, right, the YU eight eighteen to transmit, and I've used a an SDR on my phone running on my phone to receive. And wow, yeah that's pretty fun, right, I mean you have some neat stuff because.
Speaker 1: It really depends on where the receiver for the SDR software is that you're listening to, because you might hear yourself, you might not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so I use an SDR dongle that plugs into you know, with one of those go cables, right, so you can put in your phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've set that up with one of those new Lek SDR dongles and it works fine. But you'll d sense that if if you if you don't have a filter on there, or if you're running too much power. So Adam's absolutely.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, good to no good no, Yeah, but we don't have the problem with the twenty seven thirty. It kind of takes care of it for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about the V seventy one, does is it?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah? V seventy one is another great radio to use, uh and a lot of people have those. That's a great satellite radio and you don't have to worry about the D sense issue there either.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a V seventy one. I haven't messed with it in a long time, but that's the one that I was going to use with my R finder set up. Yeah, with the tracking arm, So.
Speaker 2: H good do you still have that?
Speaker 1: I still have it. Yeah. I don't know if he's still many factoris them or not, but it it's still out there and it still works. I mean like I haven't used it in a couple of months, but it still works.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to do a video on it originally, and I was waiting for you to get yours done.
Speaker 1: But he's got some uh, he's got some other issues he's working on right now, so I haven't. I haven't messed with it because he's got he's got other priorities, well not priorities, just he's there's some things that happened that he's trying to deal with right now. So okay, I don't want to say anything more than that, but yeah, I will respect that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I I the the R finder was came on the the the satellite spot hot and I haven't heard too much about it kind of since then, and I wanted to play with it, but it's never got my hands on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I've seen several people mentioned the f t X one, David, I see you talking about that. Somebody talked about it earlier. Guys. That radio is not out yet, so you know, in theory, yeah, it should work great, and it probably will, but we can't make a determination on that radio until we actually have one in our hands. That's the new YAZU q RP radio that the announced a couple of months ago. It won't be out till like freaking January. So oh, I can't wait. I've got I've got one on pre order. I can't wait either. It's it's it's awesome. It's gonna it's gonna be a fantastic radio. I'm gonna I know, I'm gonna love it. But I I got two or three emails over the weekend asking me questions about that radio for some reason. I don't know why. Everybody's just talking about it again now. I mean, it's it's exciting, it's an exciting radio, of course, but I could well's. I don't think it's gonna be out before Christmas. I don't think it's gonna be January. Yeah, it's gonna.
Speaker 11: Has it been confirmed that that radio is gonna I have the ability to receive and transmit at the exact same time or is that still a rumor?
Speaker 3: I have heard that conflicting n Yeah, no.
Speaker 1: I think Paul was there, right, Paul was there, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: And I'm if I if I recall Paul said it's full duplex. He heard that it was full duplex. Paul was in the chat here. Maybe you can confirm, Paul.
Speaker 2: But I just I just.
Speaker 1: Right, I just don't want to speculate on that radio because it's not out yet. I will I will absolutely have one in my hands, use it and tell you guys what I think about it once it's available. I just but I keep getting Hey, so, how what what about this radio? I got an email just like yesterday, what about this new Yazy radio against this Icy seven O five? And I'm like, I don't know because I don't have both those in my hand right now. So in theory, the Yazu should be better simply because it's newer. Okay, that the ftd X ten is a better radio and the FT seven ten or better radios than the seventy three hundred because they're newer technology. Okay, seventy three hundred is a great radio, don't get me wrong. But yeah, until I have both of the in my hand, I don't want to speculate. So that's just that's just me.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, something just came to mind. Since we're riffing on satellites here. Yeah, that new firmware for that for that ht I forget eight. That's still going to have an issue with that with following with adjusting the the frequency for you. I mean, the TL data is going to need to be updated very frequently, right, That changes every four or five days, So you're going to have to have some way to update the t L information on that radio for it to be accurate.
Speaker 6: I heard they planned for that.
Speaker 2: Over a p R S.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, tough crowd to Gosh, I got it, I got it. I got what you're saying, Tim, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I was waiting for the rest of it.
Speaker 6: But right, Yeah, they're just gonna use a pr S. I mean, they're gonna have a good reason to use it. So updating a data on your on your handheld would be a good use.
Speaker 3: Right, So I mean that's that's the one problem I see with that approach is you've got to have a way to update that TL information regularly.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, yeah, hm hmm. Interesting. Okay, So I guess Prepham Paul has a live stream starting in twelve minutes?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes? He usually it around eight thirty ish.
Speaker 1: I didn't Well, I'm out of the loop. I didn't realize he was live streaming on Sundays.
Speaker 2: He's been doing it for the past couple of months, but he just goes live around eight thirty, doesn't matter if we were running long or not.
Speaker 1: Do we do we have a link? Do we have a link to his live stream tonight?
Speaker 2: You can go ahead and you find it.
Speaker 1: Let's find a link to his live stream and sure it in the chat if we?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. The newest, the newest YAZ was in the hro O catalog. That's great, but I don't have one in my hands, so I'm not gonna speculate.
Speaker 6: Have they announced a price point in on that radio?
Speaker 1: Ah? Well, I don't think so. I haven't looked up. I haven't looked up once a week, do you Okay, I haven't looked i'n't looked at it since I did that video about it a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: So I looked for the new twenty seven thirty. I looked for the new Ken. Yeah, there's nothing out there, you know. I'm looking for all three of those, and uh, I don't see any news on them yet.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm interested in the icon only because I don't need another six thousand dollars radio.
Speaker 3: Uh that one, the twenty seven to thirty, right, that's the one up, the Black twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Black twenty seventh. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't need another six thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: No, no, I was talked to you talking about that seventy seven to sixty. But I'm very much looking forward to both the Kinwin and the Yezu, so I might be picking both of those up.
Speaker 4: And if I'm not mistaken, the black edition of the twenty seven thirty provides no new functionality.
Speaker 3: It's just uh yeah, I think it's all cosmetic, cosmetic stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well that's how the black.
Speaker 3: It's just quicked cool. It looks really cool.
Speaker 1: The black edition of the ID fifty two that I have is yeah, same way the same thing. I think it's cool looking, and I'm going to sell my original idea fifty two because I've got this anniversary edition that's gray. There's only like two hundred and thirty of them in the United States. But yeah, yeah, same thing. It's just it's just cosmetic.
Speaker 2: Prep pans Paul's stream topic. I already dropped the link in the chat and make a preparedness plan now, so I agree with that topic.
Speaker 3: Hey, and he just dropped a note that it is full duplex he which I'm assuming is somebody maybe behind the curtain, Yeah, behind the table said I told him directly that it is. So that's good. That's what we're counting on.
Speaker 1: I know that's right. Yeah, we're all going to rely on du Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did he tell you what the MSRP was going to be on that too?
Speaker 2: No, whoever, he don't think anyone right twelve if they're going to compete, I'm going to say eleven to twelve hundred. That will put it right on the icon level.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna probably I'm gonna say thirteen to fourteen because because the.
Speaker 2: Seven oh five is thirteen and some change, isn't it right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Frank's thinking that they're gonna make it a little bit less than seven o five.
Speaker 3: I think they'll make it a little less.
Speaker 2: If you make it a little less, kind of undercut a little now, I.
Speaker 1: Think they might make it a little bit more because the MTD X ten was more than the seventy three hundred, and to.
Speaker 2: Say, but but it does a lot more, a lot more than the seven hundred. And it was when it came out, five not five, eight years newer than the seventy three hundred.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can't beat that fidelity on a seventy three hundred, though.
Speaker 1: I don't know, for I got some riddled deers man and Paul said, seventy the OVF. I don't get OVF flashing idiot lights on my FTD X ten, So.
Speaker 4: I don't either, But I mean I don't get I don't get overloaded my seventy one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well you know, I also don't have a mac, so I don't have any idiot lights around.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. That's a good point. All right, Hey, guys, thank you for joining me tonight. This was very last minute and I'm driving back up to the Hunting least tomorrow, hopefully after the weather clears. All right, it's gonna be cloudy and misty and kind of gloomy. But the deer move around in that crap. If it's thundering, they're not moving around. But if it's just kind of like cloudy and misty and kind of overcast, and the barometric pressure is all up and down, which is really good for fishing, the deer move around during that crap too. So hopefully, fingers crossed, we're gonna get some stuff.
Speaker 2: But all right, let's do a I call some sausage.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I'm if we get that hog trap. So we were so I got that hog trap at the least, but we never set it up this weekend because well, not everyone showed up number one and number two it started raining on us today.
Speaker 2: Won't be out there in the rain.
Speaker 1: No, Sapphire would not be able to make it down the gleachy road, I don't think. But but yeah, as soon as we get that hog trap set up, we'll have some we'll have some pork to go around. But yeah, real quick, Okay, we got seven minutes, so real quick, let's uh, you guys tell me what's coming up on your channels next. Freddy, you go got some reviews coming up. I'm doing.
Speaker 7: Two good all star videos on deck and I am working on these two radios coming up soon. TID Radio DMR, the New Talk Pod.
Speaker 1: I've got that new talk pod. They sent that to me. I haven't messed with it yet. NBA plus.
Speaker 7: Well, when you know open their app and don't know how to use it, holler at me and I'll tell you how.
Speaker 1: Good information somebody else to the POC radio. It's kind of cool they send it to me.
Speaker 5: I'll check it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm having a lot more fun with this this TID Radio. I gotta get that TID Radio DMR. I got to check that out. Okay, all right, thanks man. What I'm coming up on your channel?
Speaker 2: Coming up my channel? I have the ultimate in the p O S category radios. Uh crap, I bought on TMU. Is it worth it?
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: I really want to put that into the title, but I did it. But it's generally is it worth it? And I'm trying to backtrack on the radios like it's branded and I cannot find it in the phones catalog. Oh my god, I get that stuff all right, So that's coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right, man, looking forward to it. Robert, what's up with you?
Speaker 3: Well, I just dropped a review on this little guy the specs, so check that out. I also have a video coming out where I turn some jumper cables into power cables for a Victron energy charger, so that'll be the next thing out. And then I've got lots of antenna maintenance getting ready for contest season.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Good okay, Tim? What about you? What's coming up for you?
Speaker 6: Let's see got uh?
Speaker 3: Did a?
Speaker 4: I attempted an AM activation PoTA activation all am? So that video will be coming out Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to do that. Did it work for you? Did you get it?
Speaker 6: You'll have to see tuesday night.
Speaker 1: Okay. All you got to do is spot yourself on AM on the Poto website. You should be able to get it. Should be okay.
Speaker 4: What I will say is that I think we needed a little outreach. There are a number of people that don't maybe don't realize what AM sounds like when you're when you're.
Speaker 1: Not, don't know how to switch the mode between sideban and c W. Yes, there's a couple other modes in there guys.
Speaker 6: So but yeah, that that.
Speaker 4: That'll be Tuesday night and there's a whole slew of videos queued up for Tuesday night Amtube.
Speaker 6: Uh leading into the Ham Radio Clubhouse.
Speaker 4: Uh got some got some merch going on now. Uh RF makes my wire wiggle t shirts. Uh uh got those and yeah, just just having fun. And uh obviously I got got the new building here is up, and I've got a whole slew of things to do to get get the radios uh set.
Speaker 6: Up and and everything.
Speaker 4: So I've got a whole whiteboard of video ideas and things that I'm going to record while I'm while I'm building this out, and uh uh get some get some updated content out there on on things like grounding and and uh intended disconnects and and using some of the some of the tools like note red to to.
Speaker 6: Do station maintenance.
Speaker 4: Because it is a technically it's a remote station for me, so totally even though it's in my house, it's still remote.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool man, thanks for joining tonight. Bill. What about you? What's up with you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: Winter comes and I generally slow down, but it's the video making videos, so I'm determined to finish that Mobile install series. It just it's undone and I haven't said everything I think I need to say, and you guys have probably all heard this before. But but I'm enjoying my radio. I'm doing a lot of remote radio stuff, things that I get a kick out of. But it's, for instance, I'll come on with one hundred and fifty two hundred LASH or something. I'll say if I'm sitting there, I'll say portable North Carolina, and they'll say, boy, oh boy, you're getting a lot of QRP radio. And I'll say, I said portable, not QRPH.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 11: And then if I'm in the airport or at a hotel or something, you know, after work, while I'm still at work away from home, I'll.
Speaker 5: Just go remote North Carolina.
Speaker 11: I'm just having a lot of fun with that, so trying to put some ideas in my head about putting some videos together that way. I don't know enough about other ways to do it, so it'll be general, Hey, you do it anyway you want to do it, you know, But anyway, just enjoying my radio and watching all you guys getting ready to move into Tim's new Hamscheck, and when he walks in one morning, I'll say, squatter.
Speaker 1: You need to do a video series about that trailer Bill because it's got everybody. It's got everybody enamored and fantasizing about it.
Speaker 11: I want to, I want to, but it's like, you know, you're living first of all, it's a big living in.
Speaker 5: It and working on it. Well, so how do you live in an RG? Well, I'm only there two days a week. The rest of the time I'm at work. Yeah, you know, living on the road. And when I'm there, I'm doing I'm putting stuff in. So I'm just getting to the point where, like when I got the.
Speaker 11: Uh to cook top, cook to burner cook top and the sink put in, where I kind of went. So I'm kind of looking around and you know, but I'm living it. There's clothes over there and laundry down there, and you know, anyway I will. I just haven't got there yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but thank yeah, and be bad man, Thanks for joining.
Speaker 5: Appreciate being part of this community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you bet good to have you, Bill. So all right, guys seventy three to all catch the videos at premiere tomorrow and Tuesday, and we will We'll see you guys out there. At some point, so wait, goodbye, see you guys.