Speaker 1: Welcome to this week's ACA podcast sponsored by sky bet aka Freeze, Tom, Joe and Jimmy with you to run through the schedule coming up on this episode. Then we're with you a whole day earlier, but good reason. It's Easter weekend. There's a whole EFL slater fixtures on Friday, so we're building our fourfold from Friday's action. Don't let that catch you out. Please, if you haven't already, subscribed to the channel to ensure that you never miss an episode and remember to keep it fun. Never bet more you can afford. This podcast is eighteen plus, Please gam more responsibly. Last week, so close, but so far the two outsiders one, so they delivered and it was the short priced home side. On reflection, what we'll be doing back in the team that I believes at twenty third and the table to win a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought exactly the same in hindsight and a lot of the comments making that as a point, Pure Law said on reflectioning Luton was a baffling pick. You need to think about your actions. Laughing emoji. Sean's got den ness, Den's regular commenter, always seen him in there. Thank you for your input.
Speaker 3: Sean.
Speaker 2: He said, for fuck's sake, Luton are shit. The clue was when you mentioned their inability to score Despire despite I guess having a hatful of chances in midweek, they can't score rubbish. Excellent point.
Speaker 1: Well, Millwall were at two to one, burn album five to two. Yes, Burton have absolutely cruised in as well. They've won three nil and it was Luton at home to Blackburn ten man Blackburn as well man sent off. They were one in a lot but they went down to ten just before the album mark as well, So Luton had a decent bit of time to work with that had four times as many shots. But obviously game state comes into a factor then, none of which were significantly huge chances to score. Were they annoying because it was a nice little lame team to on trouble as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know if she told me Blackburn got a mantled off and there were one goal in that game, I probably would have said get in. How much have we won? But the other thing I will say is we had a few teams that we left out and it seemed like it was an hard weekend because who did we leave out? Forrest yea he didn't let us have them in their loss.
Speaker 1: And over one nill late to core Golf Everton.
Speaker 2: We we mentioned Villa but they won three nil. But we were worried about how many changes Hemory would make. He only made four. Hindsight would have been good to know he was on it.
Speaker 1: Have not even laid a glove on them?
Speaker 3: Have they was? We've been relegating.
Speaker 1: Now, pressures off. Let's get some pride back at ourselves now now they were hammered.
Speaker 2: She'd have took a leaf out of its which in Leicester Shayer's book, shouldn't they?
Speaker 1: And then Brighton didn't bet less for either. On the other short priced one that we.
Speaker 2: Mentioned, he was like three to ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would we dodge that bull out?
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Well, I still want to talk.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: There's so much which has happened. What else are we reflecting on?
Speaker 3: Crazy? Crazy season?
Speaker 1: Isn't it in football at the moment that Luton one is not just for the Akka but that is a killer for them, So Luton for context, I'm sure, as you'll be aware, now we're forty two games into the season, you'll have a rough idea of how the table and the lay of the land is Luton are three points to drift of safety. That team, of course is Derby. The goal difference is significantly worse minus sixteen in terms of the difference between the two.
Speaker 3: So they play on the week.
Speaker 1: Saturday at twelve thirty over at Pride Park. It is Darby County versus Luton Town. So it is a significant game at the bottom end of the table and if that goes a home win, it's packed about relegations for a side who less than twelve months ago we're playing in the Premier League and in August will be lining up in League One. That result against Blackburn, I mean, do you know against that burned the team in the worst form in the EFL pretty much? Yeah, they had the they had, they came from behind. It they to get someone against Sheffiel Wenesay we turnal down in that game though managed to snatch a late equalizer. You don't you don't deserve to stay up, really do you? If you're going to lose that home game against ten men against if not the team that one of the worst teams you know.
Speaker 3: Form wise in the EFL, If.
Speaker 1: They don't, if they don't go to Derby and get something to make up for it. It's that result that has cost them. It's all over because yeah, lose to Derby and they are going to be a minimum of five points from safety with three games left.
Speaker 3: It's all over.
Speaker 1: They think it's and like Derby had been fantastic, haven't they under John Eustace. So it's very very hard to see that that wasn't close to the final nail in the coffin. But they win against Derby and suddenly it's all back on. It has been a crazy relegation battle so far. What else has happened? I was gonna say, wee other game? I was about to say, because we're of course building this for Friday, which is why it's out on Wednesday. The Premier League games they're normal like the AFL, you know, are the ones that do the Friday Monday games, So the Premier League will be on Saturday. We may briefly touch upon it at some point across the episode, but that means we probably won't talk a me, and we definitely won't because Aston Villa or a late kickoff on Saturday. Anyway, it also means we're halfway through the Champions League games, so we don't actually know if Real Madrid managed to summon some magical comeback as they always seemingly do against Arsenal, but aston Villa, good god, they were dead and buried in that tie. They were five one down on aggregate very early on as well, and in the space of what was it five second half minutes back into life fair me and just couldn't get the job done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're talking about the big game last night, I thought you were in about a different game.
Speaker 1: It's all for Doncaster.
Speaker 2: Nope, Mormond, Oh my god, how did it go? I thought you were on about the Derbyship the win. Oh boy, just a bit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we'll talk us for it.
Speaker 2: Well, you you're familiar with often at you hurt tom So as of I guess what you think the score was? In ninety minutes Alfred and Neil Neil erect one for the purest best moment of the game for me five minutes one time. I think there was like one half chance in the whole game, and that's when Alfred and player sort of collided with the keeper. They were both in a heap on the floor and the ball would just slowly rolled towards the goal, but five minutes one time stadium announcer comes on, say, just to reminder, ladies and gentlemen at the game is level. At full time, we'll be going straight to a penalty shootout. And everyone went yeah, and then the one bought that billy game.
Speaker 1: There they are the lads there winning the winning team often.
Speaker 2: Giant periods a Derbyshire.
Speaker 3: Est field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, supposed to be at Darby's ground, but he got moved. Thousand people in there packed to the rafters, well to the raft to a stand was full.
Speaker 3: How did Georgie boy play?
Speaker 2: He looked at times like you would tow in a caravan, but he got the job done.
Speaker 1: It's mid April. If they're in a cup final, they've had the league to deal with, They've had cups to deal with. You know, it's getting tricky, old points, it's starting to you know, get into everyone and I was time to see.
Speaker 2: I mean Dad told me last night actually he's got seventeen bookings in the league. He thinks that's a record for the level.
Speaker 3: Has it been going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have to have a meeting with the FA?
Speaker 2: I think so at fifteen Yeah, he's got two sins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously obviously we're in front of a panel and they're going, what's wrong with you? Mate? Yellow cards at this point and see you.
Speaker 3: Have to have anger management.
Speaker 1: A remark us to that.
Speaker 2: It's not an angry guy.
Speaker 1: I know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know, just is that rules?
Speaker 1: So you have if you have that meeting after fifteen and they're like, any more yellow cards and we think we have to send you to therapy.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'd love it if he went and got the nice round twenty.
Speaker 3: But yeah, something to ane for.
Speaker 1: Season has not done yet. It could be enough game. Shouldn't they to do it? Do you want to mention anything else? Or do you want to get into Friday's action.
Speaker 2: That village game? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that of a little game that he actually I now know the plans have done it in the Dubs, she could have got another goal.
Speaker 2: The chances they had after they should have got another turn. It could have easily that essential one on one and then Matt's in at the very depth that would nestling into the bottom corner.
Speaker 1: Weren't it every concert somehow? Actually just failing to he could have got if he got his nose on the ball, he would have scored what was he six yards out completely clear and he must have just taken his eyes off it for a split second, way way easier than the goalie actually scored. Oh yeah, it's hard to isn't it to think that a team has come from such a deficit and they actually should have bare minimum taken it to extra time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they will be sick as parrots after that.
Speaker 1: It did bring, though, the night did bring my favorite part of one of my favorite parts of the season. It is the second leg winners not progressing, and inevitably one of their players gets given Man of the match because Garassi and the Dortmund game, I think got it, and he asked that thing where has.
Speaker 2: To hold the truth?
Speaker 1: Thing? Obviously I've played brilliantly against Barcelona and now I think top score in the Champions League. What a great time I'm having. But he's got to look sad because if he looks happy, people will be furious that he's happy after they've been eliminated with that stockball?
Speaker 2: Lad who did that? Do you remember when he got the player of the match with Jack Diamond? Oh yeah, after they got beat five one? Oh, just fons and he's no, he's prof That's why there you go.
Speaker 1: That's why they've taken the lesson from him. Let's get to Friday zaction then, as we said already, I think we're basically doing the same thing, aren't we three pm games? Because it's an entire slate of fixtures across Friday. Everyone's playing Friday, everyone is playing again on Monday. There won't be a podcast for Monday. Just because of the quick turnaround. I think we've somehow entrusted you to to do something for Monday right tom So we will be sending a very very short which barely think we can call it a podcast, be like a one minute video, just to give you all a reminder that me and Jimmy will be doing. We can do it like old school how we over the phone, and there won't be a podcast to listen to. But if you just go straight to Sporting Live dot com, then there will be a ACA and Acher on Sunday for the Easter Monday games. Just too much of a tight turnaround to get a podcast out, get recorded, get it out and get it priced.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it will be out.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, similar time around lunchtime on Sunday. So you know, explained that really badly but you know you don't seem too confident.
Speaker 2: You lunchtime's ambitious.
Speaker 1: Decided Friday afternoon, you know, Friday evening. Just get your teams and he'd have to worry about it. Let's go lead by league and let's start in the Championship, shall we, Because Jimmy, what's that? What's that reactional about? Then it's happened recently. Let's put you off championship football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, Championship. I want to stay there forever.
Speaker 1: Well, well, the good news staying down, fat boy down, fat boy, as a unnamed Championship manager has recently proclaimed after a defeat on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I actually just can't get enough with it.
Speaker 1: I was going to say Sheffield ny in Leeds. They are at five thirty eight o'clock, so they won't feature in the act and they're also relatively short prices as well. Anyway, Burnley are at three at Watford. Maybe we'll mention them. A week is a hell of a long time in football, as the cliche goes, actually in the championship top end. If you said at two thirty last Saturday his favorite time, hey, that there would be a five point gap for two of them, and you go who's in third. I think you would have constantly gone well at is lead because they won one in six or something like that, and then out of absolutely no where Sheffield like to lose three in a row, Burnley Leeds keep winning and with Sheffield United playing Burnley on Easter Monday, it's just I just can't believe how it's turned out in such a short pace of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's incredible in it.
Speaker 2: Jimmy just remind him. Actually after we played Burnley, someone added me onto it, calling me nowhere with batter year how to played Burnley. They did a number on ers. I didn't reply. I book marked it forever. I'll come back in May, pal And now I'm just thinking, shit, we're going to lose to them on Monday. They're probably go top of the league and what eight points clear of us? I just made as well on book market.
Speaker 1: Now, congratulations, And I don't know if Joe wants to gloat a bit because we've ridiculed is Burnley to win the league? Suggestion at the start of the season, there's no chance Scott Parker is entertaining thrilling enough and he's actually bored his way to the top of defensive solidity, etc. Someone did share Burnley's team from the first two games of the season, you know before they kind of everyone left. Their squad they had for first two games is unbelievable because they won four one didn't they? I think they won five miler in those first two games. It was like incredible some of the players that they had that you forget that they had. They obviously had Wilson on a. Bear was still there, borro'she was in the back line. Veghorse was still there well, playing up front. So if you look at that team, it's like a it's not a completely different team, but it's significantly changed. And they had that kind of a lot of talent at that top end. And yes, the blessing is then, of course that you can then replace it with the finances that you've got with better players, But you kind of forget the turnaround that he had in season to then have to deal with to not only deal with that, to turn them around to a point where it's only goal difference that keeps them off top. And if you said goalkeep goldif would keep us off top, but we'd keep basically clean sheet every week. You'd consider yourself somewhat unlucky. That's a situation absolutely, And just to slightly clear up a point that Jimmy was making about the points gap that could happen when Burnley plays Revy United on Monday, to make it even worse, sorry mate, is that it's highly likely that Bernie will be promoted if they beat Epigenited on Monday. But even that, depending on how the results go on Good Friday, just avoiding defeat, they could be promoted against Sheppigenited on Monday. So sorry, it's actually more bleak then you think. The loan Bernley as well. The way this is working out, if they win, I mean I'll say now they will be a pick that I'm going to put forward for the AKA because of the price they are at Watford. If they win, they go eight points ahead of then Sheffield United playing five point thirty. And while it's a home game, it's Cardiff, you go they should win that. We could have said that the home game it's Millwall they should have won. That should have really turned up at plymouthoot one. They should have won at Oxford and they didn't.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Pressure is then on and Burnley are massively benefiting across this weekend from just the schedule is so much of a benefit to play first because then you can put the pressure on rather than having this, oh, we know what we need to do well, everyone knows you need to win. It's irrelevant. But then it just suddenly if you're then looking going into a gain of there's eight points and there's only twelve left to play for, the pressure is significed. I totally agreement. I'll let you take the like the Burnley shout in a second. But I was chatting to Jimmy about all this having because I was off last week and just to try to catch up on what had been going on that I would actually be I know it's not one for the AKA, but I would be keen to get against Sheffield United this weekend. In some way, I think it would just be worth that anybody who's looking to have a bet this weekend, whether it is them to not win or looking at unders or anything like that, because historically, if you look at particularly Championship Promotion races, it does usually end. You know the game before you expect it to end. You look at Leeds last season, utter capitulation away at QPR. He doesn't go to the game where it should because the pressure ratchets up so much that they cannot afford for it to go wrong against a team who they're like, yeah, well if we get points here, it's a bonus, like we need to get our points elsewhere, and they just fold under the pressure. And yeah, I would be would be looking at that as a game to potentially get against them, especially when the manager has completely lost the plot in the in the previous match. But yeah, I would. I'll let you take it. Maybe Burnley definitely a team for me. I just don't think there needs to be anything said. Really, they've said there's seventeen to twenty to win the game. Points you've made their Fundamentally, they're a significantly better team than Watford. I mean, you know the table doesn't lie in that instance, but you look at the table difference currently as I try and quickly get it up, Watford's their season is nothing. I know mathematically they're still there that there's nothing to play for now. They are even though you're sitting at eleventh. You wouldn't think yourself relegation trouble, but they're mathematically saved from that. They're not going to make up a seven point gap between themselves and the top six at this point in the season, they're just there. They're just there. They're floating around that there's kind of they's seasons petered out into nothing, having shown potential to be what could have been a playoff campaign, and as I said, Burnley turning up full of confidence. I know, the clean sheets have started to disappear to be fair. Teams are starting to score, which now we're saying that just shows how solid that defense has been. But the price available on that, I mean, someone is going to tail off. But then in theory that all three of them could win out for the rest of the season, and that is that it's just the price. Again. We spoke about Sheffield and like the season, Burnley particularly constantly overpriced everywhere they're going, yeah, I'm for it.
Speaker 3: It was it was whether it had come in.
Speaker 1: I put a note down yesterday potentially a bit short because I thought it might come in shorter. But it hasn't done. It stayed pretty steady. And now you've described them, they're they're the most reliable team in the EFL this season other than Birmingham. No frills.
Speaker 3: You just know what you're going to get.
Speaker 1: Routine, they haven't They haven't had a shock result all season. They've had some mill nills, but they haven't at all. They are the most reliable selection that you're going to get.
Speaker 3: So if the price is.
Speaker 1: Right and we go anywhere else in the championship, we'd like to go and discussed because I said the Darby looting. A lot of attention on that game, but that's at twelve thirty. Well one other games that kind of jump out, But does anyone want to discuss any It's like make another suggestion.
Speaker 2: I didn't love a lot in the championship. But aside from Burnley, wore about Millwall.
Speaker 1: Black Blackburn have screwed USOVN twice. Yeah they always one, We had always one. Yeah, just just lose with dignity because we bat Sheffield Wednesday to beat them in the in the kind of midweek AKA that we put on site. They managed to pull that back with obviously bat looting to beat them and they have won with ten men. It just feels like signs of things slowly starting to not come together. But maybe the season is not going to collapse out in such bad fashion as you perhaps would have thought. So I've got the because I did suspect are they are these beginning to be fortunate or are there any signs? So Blackburn have got the four point in the last two after only getting one point for the previous seven matches, but if you look a little closer then there are like signs of clear defensive improvement under valarian Ishmael. So it's taken a little while, but they haven't conceded more than one ext year in the last five matches any of them, and before that they were just leaking chances, scoring none, So that is a clear change in them being able to be more solid. And I still like the price because Millwaller like one of the form teams in the division. Six wins three defeats and those were all against Sundland Leads and Bristol City. But I would be looking at this one as it's probably a nice price to have as a single. But there's just two The evidence is there that black Ben are improving defensively. It's a real potential draw or them just to eke out one mill win. I wouldn't be putting it in an acker because there's too much evidence that black Ben are improving. You just be kicking yourself afterwards.
Speaker 2: Do you know what Villai in Ishmael's set up is because I knew all about it at Barnsley, but that way ages ago at Watford he tried a few different things. Is he doing what he did at Barnsley?
Speaker 3: Honestly don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. Barnsley one high press when before it was cool it was unbelievable. Who came to oatwell Chelsea Manu Chelsea? Chelsea almost did them brilliant. Well if he does do the high press thing. Just thinking when you were talking, Mill was probably not one of the best teams, is it? Styles makes difference in styles make fights. But if they're both playing the same way, even more reason not to back them.
Speaker 1: Different what you said difference in styles makes and tried to say styles makes fights, you know, like in boxing.
Speaker 3: That nailed it.
Speaker 1: It's a good analogy saying they're both They're both going to be turgid teams, aren't they's got done it and all over it? Really, how about I pitched you at seven to five and I'm not sure if the price is a little bit too short, but Bristol City to beat Sunderlands in a home game. I Sunderland, I really haven't paid too much attention to for a while on the basis that you just knew they were going to finish in the top six. They are going to finish in the top six. They have guaranteed their spot in the in the in the that end of the table, but it's twelve points between them and the top two, so they will be in the playoffs. But across their last ten they've lost as many games as they've won. Four wins, two draws, four defeats. I wonder if it's down to Enzo Lafee's injury and him being out for the last six weeks or something. And then I saw that Regu Larbrie said or strongly hinted, I think they'll start on the bench again this weekend. Why would you risk him? You know that you're not going to move positions in the table, are you really? There's no point making the risk there. And you've got a Bristol City side who I think have lost three games at home all season, two of those to Burnley and Sheffield United, and that was in the first half of the season. I think the other was Swansea in a bit of a surprise result a couple of months ago. Maybe they're absolutely flying at the moment. They have a comfortable enough buffer zone at the you know at this current time you won to finish fifth because then you avoid whichever of those top three who have been so far clear of everyone for a while now you avoid them in the playoffs. You then if he gets to the final, it's a one game shootout and you kind of see where we go from there. It's just for me at the price available Sunland's own form, players who are available and players who aren't, and Bristol City being a very solid home team, are very solid out foot all season and aside who nerves are kicking in a little bit, and I know there's a few rumors flying around it if who's available for them and who isn't, But it just kind of is one price at this point in the season that does jump out a little bit to me.
Speaker 3: So I had it.
Speaker 1: Down because I thought the price is really enticing for Bristol City, giving the respective forms of the teams, and when I because you were off watching the snooky yesterday, how was it good?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 1: Set up twelve pounds in to watch the final round of qualifiers for the World Championships. Significantly cheaper than going to the Crew Geoftica Dean Listening Stitute of Sport. But nice set up. I'll call free zone. That's the only thing, isn't it. Yeah? You can't, you know, crack open the cans.
Speaker 2: That's a game.
Speaker 1: Good day help, which meant I would have found you anyway, Jimmy, because I really respect your opinion. I was left with only with only Jimmy that I could ring and because if you know, if you've been off for a week, there's always bits of that are happening to wasn't it Yeah it might have been. No, No, it went a week and a half week. Chairs anyway, good time that Jimmy has got a real good point about Sunderland and why it's worth getting against him.
Speaker 2: Well, do you remember last season Southampton? I was furious with Russell Martin because they were five hundred to one to get promoted at one point and they still had Leeds Burnley and who was the other big dog that lifting in the league last year Leicester? Last year Leicester leads Leicester at chich and Leeds, they still had three of them to play and there was in with a shot of getting the top two, even though there was like six points behind. They went on in a brilliant run, didn't they. Yeah, But Russell Martin it got to about four games before the end of the season and he just started preparing for the playoffs. And I think regular Brie is doing something similar at Sunderland, you know, with his rotation. You mentioned then Zel Lafee is probably going to get rested, so you're doing it with a few other big hitters, and I think that's why the Fums tailed off.
Speaker 1: It feels like with Lafee as well, that they'll probably bring him on maybe the hour mark, give them half an hour and just kind of easing back into action because it is that why would you risk it at this point? Why would you risk it? You then maybe want to win the last couple to build some momentum going into the playoffs, but it does feel like that surely at this point. It is a bit of management as well, And there is one of the kind of critical things you could say about LaBrie is his in game management at a time, much like the Sundler squad being quite young, the inexperienced Dave struggled a little bit with that. So the strategy and how they approach it is really really key at this time and with a quick turnaround as well. In games, do you just kind of accept that obviously you're always going to turn up and win, You're not just gonna we're not going to try and win. But in terms of the management of kind of players and stuff like that, you turn up Friday at Bristol City, who were in great form anyway, and I think at this moment in time, whoever they were playing at home, I'd have some interest in backing them to do so. I like this feel a bit like that. I like the extra factor here that it's obviously a lot to happen in the final four games for the fifth and sixth spot, But do you know, just on the balance of probability, is highly likely that these two are.
Speaker 3: Going to be playing each other in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the form that Bristol City have been in consistently for a while, the bun fight for the sixth place is probably more likely to between the teams beneath them. So if Sunderland are rotating players and they've got players coming back from injury, how much are they going to want.
Speaker 3: To give away about what they're going to do in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: He just continues to play this rotated weekend team because he doesn't want it to be a practice match, a rehearsal for their opponents who are having to play at full tilt, because then he can just write it off for his plays for you don't worry that we lost that game, because remember we played only alfter you played. Our season was already done. Whereas he plays a full strength team and really it's not important for them they lose. That's mental baggage. He's got to try and get rid of the ahead of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 1: Almost wanted it before being given the context about Sunderland.
Speaker 3: I really like it.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't realize they are actually stuck Sndon. They're just twelve points basically. I know Sheffield zeider there, but they're not going to catch Sheffield right at this point.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Jackie, they check out you said it there. Would you do that as a manager? Would you check out a little like duff tactic or just try something a bit different to kind of throw them a little bit so then when you play them, knowing you're going to play them twice and smart.
Speaker 3: And did it?
Speaker 2: Didn't?
Speaker 1: He? Yeah, he did. Do it against Leeds the last game of the last season was a bit but he is mental is going off for the back of what's going on here, like okay, this is interesting and jacking there is that a little bit because then in all your preyer there's a little bit of dark gum. But then they did try that against us tonight. That part worked. I wonder if they'll do that, and then it just completely throws a bit of a spanner on the works and it's like the fixture list has massively benefited you, because I'd be very tempted as a manager to do so.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: I think we're seldom Burnley went.
Speaker 3: We were definitely on that.
Speaker 1: Bristol City seems quite comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I I finished auditing. Yeah, but potential to take it out because it's there's loads more options that everybody loves. It makes sense, but it's similar to the loot and one made a lot of sense when we were doing it, but then you get out they don't get the result and you think, oh, yes, they've been shy, oh vius easy and then you think, oh yes, Sundlon, we're in the running for the top two. Actually, but I do really like it and on the price Bristol went off similar prices against West brom and BORI. You probably pegged them a little bit worse than Sunderland, but they won both of those games.
Speaker 1: So provisional aca then should we take it before on them Provisionally so far we are taking Burnley to beat Watford, We're taking Bristol City to beat Sunlon. The price on that double just above three point three to one. So we spoke Championship promotion race a lot there. We didn't really focus on relegation, but takes us into League One where we actually have our only confirmed promoted team so far, and not just that the champions of League One a surprise to us all. Birmingham City have one League One and they've won it at an absolute canter easy for them. Throughout the season. They're on ninety five points is it after forty games? Ninety five points after forty games? They are on for a hell of a lot more. I think on a points per game average, on for about one hundred and nine. One hundred and ten will smash the previous tally, which I think is one hundred and three. At this level, they have eased in and we're denied the double, the League one double of the title and the EFL try if you're by Peterborough.
Speaker 2: But a.
Speaker 1: Just what you said about this campaign that hasn't been said already. It's been absolutely remarkable. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. I tell you who has been talking though. What's his name? Backing owner bloke Tom Wagner. Oh my god, utter yank nonsense. What the hell was that at?
Speaker 2: Wait, we don't do that over here, mate, we don't do that.
Speaker 1: Listen, Booker Rue. I don't know if that's sort of hume. Yeah, listen, pal. It's embarrassing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's shiss. I would be really interested to see what sort of reaction that gets from the Birmingham squad this weekend.
Speaker 1: I love how they're all just stare, like they just blokestle they Yeah. I mean, I'm happy to start with that game because I mean they're two to seven to beat Crawley personally, I mean it's it'd be too short for me in most situations, but just too much going on there where.
Speaker 3: They've already won the league.
Speaker 1: How much of the players really care about whether going to get one hundred and ten points or what. Crawley have already shown a bit of a reaction to getting some mad results since Scott Lindsay went back, and then the players are getting absolutely roasted, utterly unfairly after an incredible season by a spoilt billionaire owner. Was crazy Crawley are. I will be back in Crawley this weekend because they had such such an enormous price ten to one, maybe on the handicap, because it's it's such a such a big price. I'd love it if the Birmingham players have just been on the piss all week they turn up, they're just so like it. In the first thay forty minutes already two nil down. If to drag it back, get to Lad's put that bottle down because big man upstairs is not happy everyone. Let's stop celebrating.
Speaker 3: He's not happy with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, that's where I would start with a with an avoid, but he was. It's just it's embarrassing. I don't lie these big spoil billionaire owners. A word on from Chancerri. I just opened the beliefs and of the podcast. To be fair to Peterborough, I know a lot of the talk and the only reason the American kind of coverage was there because Birmingham was there. They've also got a documentary out, which I'm sure we're all gripped by and how interesting that's going to be. Stop making football documentaries. There's just nothing that has been done that hasn't been done already. The needs doing. Nobody needs these documentaries. Stop making them and it'll be this whole dramatic kind of storytelling and all that, and it won't be dramatic, it won't be a good watch. Please stop making them. Kind of remember the point Peterborough. On that note, not a lot to talk about them, but they are I saw someone tweet that they are basically the Seville of this tournament, aren't they? Because they seemingly win it every single year, and not only to win it, to score two thunder bastards of goals to win it, which I believe is the second year in a row they're left backers scoreding absolute worldy to win this trophy. Because Harrison Burrows did it last year, I think as well. Yeah, their season's been salvaged somewhat, isn't it, because it was looking quite bad, having had quite a significant amount of change in the summer that they are going to finish in decent, strong form seem to watch for next season for sure that I can remember Gab saying very early on that there's no way that they would be in contention this year because of the level of upheaval was so much great because I think we get we almost get desensitized to players leaving Peterborough because it happens every year they sell players for big money, they bring others in, but this year it was to such a greater extent than it previously has been. Wei the back four or for the bout four, something left basically over the sum and then it's taken about half a season for them to get to grips with it. And now they I mean, what is it about twelve about twelve games that they've put together a significant league.
Speaker 2: Good run of form.
Speaker 3: So they they.
Speaker 1: Are definitely a team to keep an eye on for next year because they just look like they're probably now a top ten League One team. They just happened to be down in the in the lower to mid table area.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was a bold move from Ferguson to call them the softiest bunch of players he's ever worked with. About what were it two months ago, it could have gone either way.
Speaker 1: And now look at him trophy again for a million time and his managerial career. He's lifting whatever the iteration of the AFL trophy is this time around. Jimmy League one taught to us what he got for us and he can.
Speaker 2: Funny you should say, because I was actually looking to get against Peterborough this weekend potentially the stop Port with the night after the Lord Merge, day after the Lord May Sound.
Speaker 1: Nailing these things time you'd killed it there, Yeah, after the Lord Mays show exactly.
Speaker 2: You go and Stockport just a brilliant team, love everything about and I don't know if they are compatible com lately out of the automatic base.
Speaker 1: No, no, they really not deaf points. They need one win to basically confirm their top six. I mean they're definitely finishing top six, let's be honest. Not confirmed yet, but yeah, like you say, you know, dependent on our game's going. You know, Wrexham probably do win this weekend if we're honest. Wickham go to Bolton tricky one potential they're to keep keep the pressure on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thing is with Wrexham is it's similar to what was in about United a few weeks ago. They just keep winning. They just keep doing it. They just keep winning one two nil specialists. But how sustainable is that, especially as we approach the business and they've got a lot of experience. Wickm need to get the whip out. I know they've won through the last five to the last two, but they look like they're just grind into a hole even the manner of the lictory so stop portal fancy fancy a late run. And I just think they're really consistent. They've got so much quality. And yeah, I kind of was drawn to the prize partly because of Peterborough winning the Cup in their last game, improbably because of it puts form and the importance of a win for them.
Speaker 3: Is eleven to ten a bit short.
Speaker 1: That's what I would be, Yeah, that's what I would be would be thinking, because you know, if we're if we're looking as like the bare bones of the table, and I get I get the you know, after the the fl Trophy final and the context of that. But if we were saying lower mid table team against a team still with an outside chance of the top two, then it's understandable. But Peterborough aren't that that team they've just beat in Birmingham. They're like a high class team and at the at the worst they are now really a top ten League One team and to me just that just feels a bit short for an away win. Eleven to ten, so that would be the only thing I'm not saying. I don't think stop Port have got a very good chance of going there and getting a win. It just feels a little bit potentially on the short side.
Speaker 2: We took Jort and a very similar price when they went to Peterborough and that went well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you mentioned Charlton. They're at home to Northampton. Yeah, like that one as well.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking kind of playoff contenders. Charlton are there again, it's well will not confirmed. You look at their sport ten points the gap between themselves and later and or and in seventh six points between themselves and the top two. So again that an of one that not mathematically out of it. But you can find a six games six point swing at some point across the next four games, which is incredibly difficult to do, particularly with a whole different situation as well. But you're kind of vying for positions as well.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Kind of the fourth fifth. I think there is some significance in that as well because of when you get the home leg coming second, so there's still a little bit to play for them as well, and even then they'll they'll still be thinking, well, we're not out of the top two, to keep wanting to win because you never know what happens elsewhere. I do prefer that the child and seven to ten to beat Northampton and rex and fortnite to beat Bristol Rovers as like the two picks in League One, because we've got two consistently good teams against two consistently bad teams and there's not actually that many matchups this weekend.
Speaker 3: I expect Rexham.
Speaker 2: To go offway shorter than that by kickoff.
Speaker 1: Bristol Rovers are horrifically bad and those home wins that they picked up in a short flurry of time gave them a chance of staying up and now they're looking like the almost certainly going down, but they cannot buy points away from home, and now they're going to the the best home team in you know that if we're including the National League, you know, over the last three years in all divisions, Yeah, that it just feels like it will be criminal to not have that in the in the act of this week and I get the child one. I just concur completely. Northampton. Kevin Old's done a good job, but I just don't see an outcome where they go there and get anything.
Speaker 3: I think they're.
Speaker 1: They're not mathematically safe, but there's a five point gap between Bristol Rovers, who were obviously backing to lose Wrexham, so worst case scenario is well, obviously it could be short than that two point gap, but the realistic potential of this weekend is that the gap is still five points with nine left to play for. It's a huge ask, even though it doesn't look like it at a first glance at the table for a team who are on a ridiculous losing run at the moment, having been picking up points all season, to then suddenly kind of gain two extra wins when it's not really been the case for Northampton, one eye over the shoulder, but this should be okay. Same with Mansfield, same with Wiggan and of course Peterborough as well. Those are the two in League One. I did want to mention so were thirteen to ten to beat Lincoln was particularly interesting reading despite all the off pitch kind of noise and obviously more than noise, but all the kind of off pitch talk that there's been going on, you barely kind of have spoken about Reading on the pitch, and on the pitch they have a three point gap over Late and Orient. The goal difference isn't in their favor, but they are continuing to pick up results and they take on a Lincoln side who I think haven't hit the expectations. Would be fair to say they're sat in mid table again. A few we know, a fair few people were looking at them as top six candidates. It hasn't really been the case at all, and particularly away from home as well. Very very ordinary Reading need to keep winning and this is a perfect opportunity to do so.
Speaker 2: I like it. I do like it already. Don't make any sense to me. But they're really, really pretty consistent, aren't they. What you saying about Lincoln nothing to play for.
Speaker 1: Thinking of just they're flown around mid table. They are sat in twelfth, they are banged mid table then for a spot on the upper the top tier, the top half of the table. Now Rotherham have turned it round, but away from home sixteenth in the waist standings five wins from twenty one all season, it just feels, yeah, I don't know at this time of season if playing teams are nothing to play for is good or bad.
Speaker 2: I can't make sense of it.
Speaker 1: But then I went to Leeds Preston on Saturday and Preston with nothing to play for at two one, which I can strikers on and really having a go. So I don't know if that benefits you if you need a result, because the opportunities there are there to kind of end, the gaps are there to exploit, but it's a price thing for me. Thirteen to ten a little bit bigg. I thought they might be odds on given the situation that the both clubs are in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of the options there, so we've got read in Wrexham and Charle and I think Rexhim is a must. But i'd been leaning much towards reading. We could have them both, of course, but I was just looking at Northampton since Nolan came in twenty one games. They picked up results in fourteen during eight of those, Charlton at four to six. I think there's more reason not to have them than just price wise. Then I think i'd be more inclined to sway we've ready and I think, but I don't know if I'm putting too much on price there.
Speaker 1: Goland have lost two all season at home, yeah six very strong home outfit of which though the last time they traw was funny enough Lincoln who were talking about there, which is probably thrown dout on both of the picks. But I do get Jimmy's point about North Hampon.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of draws.
Speaker 2: They drew at Wickham, that was back in January. I know Wickham had just lost their manager, just lost a saw striker rex and beat him at home. They drew at home against Stockport, they drew at home against Birmingham. It's a lot of draws. But then Charlton are brilliant at home.
Speaker 1: Yes, I could take Wrexham, explore League two and potentially come.
Speaker 2: Back, Oh god not league do.
Speaker 1: Do baby like?
Speaker 3: I like the sound of that.
Speaker 1: The Lincoln and I I think that they're just in in pretty good form. That's why I steered away from it in the end. So Northampton, I like that point from Jimmy. He is a heck of a lot of drawers.
Speaker 3: Lincoln.
Speaker 1: If you look of late, then going back to what was Boundley's last win under Daryl Clark. Then it was completely bizarre game. Bounds A basically scored with all their shots and one four to three. Lincoln nearly scraped a point after it. But then after that then Lincoln's only defeats have been narrow one nill losses away at Birmingham and Wickham and then that they haven't lost any other matches, so they've had a couple of like massive wins and then drew at Charlton. So they're actually in good and that's going back to the first of March, so I'd be hesitant to go against it. And they are a good team. It's disappointing the way their seasons played out because they just haven't managed to make as good a loan signings that they did last year. But they are a good team. So if they went to Reading and got a drawer, I don't think we'd all be sitting around thinking that was a Shock'd like, well, they are a good side, and yeah there might be stuffing league to where there's other do you know, good team playing rubbish team, So it's probably worth of them. Were locking Wrexham and take a look at Lee too, let's lock it in, let's lock it in. Well, we've got a provisional go, haven't we So so far then three teams that make up are aka we are just shy at five to one on a treble of Burnley to beat Watford. It's Bristol City to be Sunland. As we said there, I think we've settled on Wrexham to beat Bristol Rovers into the horrible hunting ground that is sky beet leagued. Then, as the season has progressed, we have not particularly enjoyed looking at England's fourth tier. But the reason is because it is so damn good if you don't support a team that is involved in it. Somehow, nobody's promotion has been confirmed, nobody's playoff status has been confirmed. Obviously, we have kind of a rough idea of who's going to finish roughly whereabouts in the table. Oh my god. Like port Vale are the only team that really have hit form at the right time at the moment, because everyone else, at the time where consistency is key, it is doing the absolute opposite of that. Nobody is capitalizing and really grabbing the opportunity. Apart from port Vale, I think at them now for now, Warsaw's collapse, which you have mentioned before, continues to get worse. They are now third only in it on goal difference. You wouldn't be backing them to finish in that top three. It is an incredible situation that we're finding ourselves in that top that is surely up there with worst bottle job ever. Yeah, side the Sheffield Wednesday one two years ago, and then all it gets remembered for is like rightly because of the incredible comeback against Peterbourg in the playoffs. Its salvaged it. But that was as bad as this Walsall one. So the only way that Walshall can save themselves is salvaging promotion by any means, whether it's playoffs or whatever. We spoke about Sundler doing it. Maybe warsawlargest preparing for the playoffs. We've made such a mess of this, so let's just try and finish in the top seven and rebuild doing it. Russell Martin from last year winding gymmy up four games to go and now prepared for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You're in the top three.
Speaker 1: Maybe they think it's top two. Yeah, well it's not.
Speaker 2: A winning ten. I was just counting then they've only one too of the last seventeen.
Speaker 1: So in mid in mid January, I think it was maybe MK Dongs or someone they beating mid January, they went fifteen points clear at the top. Yes, the the asterix is that Nathan Lowe who was their top scorer and really flying not recalled by stoked in't they And then he's kind of had a little go and then is even making the squad at times now, which is obviously frustrating for them, But even then you'd expect to win more games than you had done. It was a weird period, wasn't it? Because was it roughly around the time they played Alfredton in that FA Cup game the season before last last season where the fans weren't convinced on Sadler at all? Two seasons there was kind of that period, weren't there. And then it's kind of been this weird redemption arc and now we're back on the other end of it. They play Harrigert Hope this week. Overlook at Harrigan have got nothing to play for. They're not going to go down the nine points clear with twelve to play for and not significantly but a comfortably better goal difference. Yeah, and the cardiacra for Jesus Christ should be half looking at that levered sewel Harrigan. I know it's the most extreme because they were top of the league. I mean it must have been the fifteen points clear, must have been close to twenty points to fourth place. Well, it's just not that out of the ordinary for that to happen in league too over the last few years. It's crazy because Barrow last season they did exactly the same, having that just massive fall, and then they carried it on this year and looked like they're going to get relegated and ended up changing manager. Donnie did it the other way around last year it looked like they're going to go out of the Football League and then managed to charge all the way up and should have probably got promoted. So it is a batshit crazy division, isn't it, Because basically everybody is shit. So if you can get on a good run, then you'll get promoted, and if you get on a ship run, you'll get relegated. Really much in between any games that we'd want to include it, the only one I kind of had noted down was Wimbledon thirteen to tend to beat Chesterfield. I know that's going to women are because form has been slightly contrasting in recent weeks. Wimbledon really strong at home for large parts of the campaign. I know they've kind of dropped off with a few draws, etc. Chesterfield have been winning away, although need to get slapped by rejuvenated Tranmere in that last away game. It was just that that the price for me jumped out a little bit compared to kind of the other fixtures. And Wimbledon are in that that group of teams who you know, one eye a little bit over your shoulder on the top seven, but then also one eye on the top three. They are three points away with a better goal difference than Walsall now as well, so they'll have one eye on the automatic promotion picture even though there are only four points inside the top seven. That's how kind of close in compact is at that end. I think it's just for me. I know, nobody's consist and maybe that's why we are largely trying to stick out of League two. But in home games, I'd got to be looking at these teams to kind of win those games. And Chesterfield only four points themselves in n Outside of that top seven. Yeah, I think if Wimbledon win this then it is there still to play for on the top three. But you can breathe a bit of a sigh of relief. Okay, well, we know we're going to be at least in the playoffs and we've got a shot a promotion.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I knew it would be a tough sell this one, I think, to be honest, an occasion in the League two is going to be a tough sell. But in terms of the slate and what was there one that I kind of immediately drew my eyes. I think that everybody suggestions for this division are probably going to get a similar reaction. So I do have a I was shocked that I do have a couple that I like, not even don't hate. Really the first one I think is going to have mixed reviews because of yeah, because of Trammere and managing to have a bit of an upturning form and obviously they're quite ridiculously comeback to draw three all last week, but both that was incredible. By the way, if you've not seen it, go and see Calavin Lee Will. I'm not sure if we can show but the celebrations after the third goal we un believe they were so good because the accrington kind of open air away and that you've got and the cliched limbs around that gets kind of over. It was incredible though, Like I've not seen a goal celebrated that well in quite a while. Yeah, all three of the goals that go and seek that absolute world is as well there. It's that not only have you come back to draw, you've scored three absolute screamers to do so, So definitely go and see that if you haven't already. Only nuts. So the two games that I lie the linked really so Donnie go to Trammere and you can get the odds against twenty one to twenty. Donnie are one of the few teams that are actually in good form League two. But more importantly, they beat shit teams. That's what they've consistently done this season. They beat the ship and then they drop points against decent teams, whether it be ones at the top of the league or even like upper mid table. So you even go back over Donnie's most recent results and the most recent wins. They've lost one game since the fifteenth of February, but the most recent wins they beat more can beat Acrington beat Newport, so two of those we are away, one at home, beat Carlyle at home, beat shelding them away, then the other games drawing with Wimbledon, Salford, Alsaw Crew, Swindon, all just solid teams and narrow defeat away at Bromley. It's just very black and white their season. They beat the shit. There's just that's the reason why they're not promoted is because they can't get results against anybody else consistently, So that's why I'd be really leaning towards it. The other one is Acrington. They play the other team that are actually in good form in the division away at Salford, and that's nine to ten those who played each other in the week back Salford, Salford and Donnie and Drew. And it's a simple one. Brilliant form Salford chasing the playoffs against Acrington who are in horrific form, surrendering a three nil home lead against the side directly against them in the relegation battle to draw three all relegation battler. It's a fairly straightforward one. So they're the two that I actually do like rather than don't even not hate any thoughts Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no League two in it.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I suppose we just stay clear of League two? Yes, please, please, Well, the trouble we have so far is above five to one, so we need to add another team somewhere.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking where you were, Well, I was just toying over the both of youre waffling about league too. I'm not getting involved. Yeah, I thought you've got the two options in League one. I would just toying with them. And I think if when I get out of it and I think back, I think it's good. Needs to be Charlton to complete. It might get as close to ten.
Speaker 1: To one, just yeah, just a bit about nine, so hopefully we'll get tens on the boost if you wanted that other ready.
Speaker 2: And I just think it's more of a sensible play. Unless you want to talk some non league national league.
Speaker 1: I've got the one more so this would be in Do you know if I was building my own Achad no outside in put. I know that they bust an Acker two weeks ago. Maybe, well, I think you've got to stick with Tom with it ten to eleven to beat Soliel. It's one lost in ten, six winsday and eight and Solihull have gone to total pot since Andy Wing left for Barrow. Last sixteen games lost ten, drawn, four one two and Tamworth of the form team in that league. They clinched that massive acca that we had whenever it was three or four weeks ago as one of the additional picks forty to one we've been talking about in the office for the couple of weeks before that you could get an enormous price on them still to be promoted, and it's that there's one of the stories of the season. They not told us filled out of the FA Cup. They were fantastic against Tottenham, took them to extra time. It's not like this is ah, this is a team we know nothing about. We know that they are an incredibly well drilled team. This isn't a huge surprise that they're making this run for the playoffs having had an historically good FA Cup run. So of all the other ones where I feel like there's asterix, is this at that price would be one I would be more confident to have in. And you know, if they get chinned, they get chinned. But it's not down at seven to ten, four to nine and we're scraping around to try to fill the acher up. It's similar to the to the ones that are more around the evens line, and I feel very happy with it.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, Yeah, I like I like Tamworth. I like them. I like them.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. I didn't leave a look at the National League fixtures this weekend, but as soon as you kind of said it, I went, yeah, I suppose. I think they're still in well in PLU contention right of the four points it's like three to five points. I haven't got the table in front of me, but they're still there. Cliche, they're or thereabouts. They're on sixty so four points to so they if they keep on the run they're wrong, they'll they'll sneak into the playoffs because there's teams you know, dropping like a stone are of the playoffs at the moment in the National League as well.
Speaker 2: That the thing about wing leaving Solihull and gunners Ship is really interesting and I'm just looking Tamworth at home against bottom half teams. They've not lost in the drone two of one of ten.
Speaker 1: Hen it's a nice price in at nineteen to twenty mm hm. And if we included that the ACHA would go to Eleven's instead of Charlton.
Speaker 2: Welse.
Speaker 1: I quite like it. There's three solid home picks there.
Speaker 3: I mean, so what would be the AKA then?
Speaker 1: Well, are we like, were we happy with that? We've got Burnley, Bristol City, Wrexham and Tamworth and then yeah around eleven to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had nagging doubts about Reading and Charlett and Ready with a good price but don't mean they're gonna win. And then Charleton slightly shorter, but they're probably gonna win. But I think Town was a happy or.
Speaker 1: We could add a couple in on the longer list. As we said Tamworth like, do you know what I mean for you, Yes, because you've been very well behaved today, you can have a longer list.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: The only one that nags me in that in that fourfold is is Bristol City. Like Jimmy alluded to, do we come out and we're like, it's a good team against a good team. I just feel like at that price that that we've identified an edge, if you know what for gamble with it. I think it's one of those that you've got to accept that, yes, we're acknowledging the fact that it's a good team against a good team, but you've got to take the little edge when you spot it. I feel like that's better than going for a shorty. Yeah, should we take it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well out of here then this week aka for Easter Friday, don't let that catch you out. Friday games still taking place at three pm though we have two from the Championship. We're taking Burnley to beat Watford and Bristol City to beat Sundland Interleague one in his top two hopefuls looking to finish as runners up to Birmingham is Wrexham to beat Bristol Rovers and then from the National League another playoff side in Tamworth for home win over Solihull. That price around eleven to one. Remember to keep it fun never more you can afford, and please gamble responsibly. As I said, they're head over to spawn life dot com forward slash Football midday on Thursday. It's a different one obviously, we're moving everything ahead of day final link to back that and enhanced price. Will also have the longer list out as well. To get involved in and if you haven't already, please follow rates on Apple, podcast, Spotify or your chosen podcast provider. We will be back in our usual Thursday slots.
Speaker 2: I believe, yes, yeh next week