Speaker 1: Majority of your Saturday as temperas do reach the mid to upper forties, ray lingers into your Sunday, but temperatures fall quickly. Could see some snow accumulations would be minor, but don't be too caught off guard if that does happen for me, Severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's thirty two degrees and our next date is at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: He was born this weekend, February fourteenth, nineteen seventy two, Lancell Air Force Base in Germany, the son of an army sergeant. Family moved back to the States. He grew up into a rock star. Happy birthday this weekend. To Rob Thomas, she said.
Speaker 6: It's cold. Here's my RAINCOVID so is worried about things about them?
Speaker 7: She said, us all in again, and I might as well be my fault.
Speaker 6: You see all who sleeps well Rain.
Speaker 8: Su screens and of all says rain, it's sais baby.
Speaker 6: You screat him? I must be it all, he says, Baba, well.
Speaker 9: I can't help him stare at it all from.
Speaker 6: The time he's gonna wash away. I believe there's Rob with his fan matchbox twenty.
Speaker 5: He's fifty three this weekend, born February fourteenth, nineteen seventy two. This is February fifteenth, twenty twenty five. And you know, here's aunting before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including not limited to these, there's also Galileo's birthday.
Speaker 6: Don't send cards or anything. Is he's passed.
Speaker 5: I think fifteen sixty four the site of present day Saint Louis, Missouri, established by Pierre Laclede and Auguste Chateau in seventeen sixty four.
Speaker 6: In February fifteenth.
Speaker 5: Now people always talk about a return to civil return to civilty in Congress, in our politics.
Speaker 6: On this date.
Speaker 5: In seventeen ninety eight, a feud between two members of the United States House of Representatives meeting in Philadelphia boiled over as Roger Griswold of Connecticut, no relation to Clark Griswold, I don't believe used a cane to attack Vermont's Matthew Lyon, who defended himself with a set of tongs. Apparently, Griswold was enraged over the House's refusal to expel Lyon for spitting tobacco juice in his face two weeks earlier. After the two were separated, A motion to expel them both was defeated. Because we need civilty back in politics of seventeen ninety eight. Eighteen seventy nine, President Rutherford B. Hayes signed a law allowing female attorneys to argue cases before the US Supreme Court.
Speaker 6: After much haranguing.
Speaker 5: By his wife, Franklin Delanor Roosevelt escaped an assassination attempts in Miami on this day in nineteen thirty three nineteen fifty, Walt Disney's animated film Cinderella premiered in Boston. Seventy three, including all eighteen members of a US figure skating team and route to the World Championships in Czechoslovakia killed in the crash on an airline Bowing seven oh seven in Belgium.
Speaker 6: The year was nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 5: This is the day that Leon Spinks scored a massive upset, beating Muhammad Ali by split decision. The year was nineteen seventy eight. Let's see anything else. Oh, this is the day that the meteor blazed across a Russian's western Siberian sky in twenty thirteen and exploded, injured actually about fifteen hundred people from broken windows and the ensuing damage from the Boom. Actress Claire Boom is ninety four today. Songwriter Brian Holland has a birthday. Henry Threadgill, the great jazz musician, turns eighty one. Composer John John Adams, cartoonist Art Spiegelman. If you like such things as seventy seven, Jane Seymour, the Beautiful Jane Seymour is seventy four today. Melissa Manchester also that age actress Lynn Whitfield two. Simpson's creator Matt Groening is seventy one. Janis Dickenson, formerly of The Price Is Right, turns seventy today. Football Hall of Famer Darryl Green sixty five. Hockey great Yamir Yager turns fifty three on this February fifteenth, and Olympic swimming gold medalist Amy van dykn Rowen is fifty two today. If it is your birthday, I hope it is the best birthday you could possibly imagine, and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do. That is truly my wish for you. It's five point forty one. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. Let's proceed, shall we? Seven hundred WLW today? There are some flooding possibilities. In fact, we are going to be very close to flood stage in downtown Cincinnati with the Ohio River and the Kentucky River and other rivers have a great chance of spilling over their banks. Watch for standing water and the like. And that's what we're living with tonight. The rain continues and it'll change over to a wintery mix and even some snow snow tomorrow on Sunday. As the temperature's plummet. It is raining and thirty four Right now, it's seven hundred WLW. Seven hundred wl Dumman, That's what I said this sport, Liam Tomlinson, what's going on this weekend in the wide world of sports?
Speaker 7: The North and Northern Kentucky held off Green Bay seventy three to sixty last night. Josh Dialing led the game with twenty five points and Trey Robinson had another twenty. The Norse will stay in Wisconsin as they played Milwaukee tomorrow at three on ESPN fifteen thirty. Xavier host to DePaul Demon Deacons and noon right here I'm sorry, the Blue Demons and noon right here on seven hundred WLW. Holy Cross along Jacob Myers, is currently second on the Blue Demons in scoring.
Speaker 6: Wake Forest is it de Deacons? Isn't it?
Speaker 7: How many Deacons are there in college basketball? It's question, excellent question. I have absolutely no idea. Continue. You see, it's on the road in Ames, Iowa to face the tenth ranked Iowa State side Clones. This game is potentially huge for the Bearcats. Tournament resume. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four right here on seven hundred WLW. The Bearcats have really seen to turn it around their last four games. Kentucky travels to Austin to face Texas for the first time in SEC play in basketball. Kats will be without their top two players, arguably Lamont Butler and Jackson Robinson.
Speaker 6: Tip is set for eight. What happened?
Speaker 7: Jackson Robinson hurt his wrist in practice for the last game last Friday. He's tried to fight through it, but he got banged up, and I think they're just trying to save him for the tournament more. And Lamont Butler, he hurt his shoulder a few weeks ago, came back and he heard his shoulder again. So it's kind of scary with those two. I think it's more of a day to day, week to week situation. They think they can handle Texas, but we will see. The Reds first team workout will be tomorrow. Almost all the players arrived early to get the season started. Did you see the Jonathan India quotes this week?
Speaker 6: I did not please enlighten me.
Speaker 7: He was talking about the Terry Francona hiring and they said that they need that, they need that discipline, they need that fire in their blank their rear. And he said in the final days of last season that some of the younger players took advantage of Bell's patience and nurturing as a player's manager. There was some interesting comments from Jonathan India now Kansas City Royal.
Speaker 6: Very good, all right, thank you. It's five forty five.
Speaker 10: He was the radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 5: Someone is quibbling with you, Liam or actually trying to answer a question. I guess said there was only one deacon in college basketball as far as team names, Demon Deacons, and you had it correct though there are the DePaul Blue Demons, and I'm proud of you for noting that and for correcting your own mistake. It was rather artful of you. Yesterday I was on for Scott Sloan. Scott has been very very ill, as have a lot of other people. What worst flu season, they said, in at least fifteen years around the country, thousands of people have died, including old people and children, the usual suspects, right, And Scott has had one hundred and three degree fever. So he told me be a text yesterday for three days two level about ninety, which is low. I hope I'm not violating any hippo laws, but then I'm not a medical professional, and it all could just be. It all could be a lot. He might have been lying to it, but I doubt it. Saw Scott earlier in the week not feeling well, so I was filling in for Scott at the last moment, and at about nine fifteen in the morning I get a text from my wife from Chris to two point zero saying I have to rush Brooksy to the vet. I'm like, what's wrong with Brooksy? He was fine when I left the house, he was fine yesterday. So I wait till a commercial break and I call her, and she's at the vets, which is very close by the house. And I can hear our beloved Brooksy the cat dog yowling loudly in the background, painful, mournful, just heart wrenching me ows. And I said, baby, what is it? She said, well, his lungs are full of fluid and his heart's enlarged. I said, what this is out of the blue. The cat was apparently to us perfectly healthy up to this point. And so I'm just in shock, and I'm on the ear. So I've got to try and maintain some semblance of normalcy and get through the show. And then finally I broke down at the end. If you were listening, I apologize for that. But it was just too much for me to bear, because by eleven fifteen, our beloved Brooksy the cat dog was dead at the Vets office, and the doctor said, attributed to congestive heart failure, and said it was probably it was probably in the gen x. There was something there that was there from the time he was born in that litter, and this was bound to happen eventually, and of course we had no idea. Well, this has sent ripples of pain and suffering through the household, as you can imagine if you have a beloved pet of your own, your buddy.
Speaker 6: And he was just the best boy, he really was.
Speaker 5: So there'll be no more just popping up on Daddy's lap and laying down. There'll be no purring greetings. The cat purred like a jet engine. It was unbelievable. Won't follow us around like a puppy dog like he always did. No more games of fetch, no more walks outside in the leash for Brooksy the cat dog.
Speaker 6: His work here is done and we are left to pick up the pieces.
Speaker 5: So obviously this is nothing like losing a spouse or child. In a way, it is like losing a child, since christ and I do not have children of our own.
Speaker 6: He was that.
Speaker 5: And that's all I'll say about that, except that we miss him and we love him, and he's now buried beside the brother he never knew who was the cat before hobbs in the side yard of our house in Southgate, a place that he loved to sit, so he'll be sitting there for the rest of this time, as long as you know, as long as the ground remains undisturbed, and I suspect it will, we put a nice paper on top of his grave. So that's my story. And now that I bored you with that, will tell you that Dick is waiting on the other side. You can't wait, can you?
Speaker 6: Dick's hanging next on seven hundred WLS. I'm fine, brother, how are you well?
Speaker 11: I want to pray about my sympathy about your cat. We've had a cat for almost four years named Chief, and she's here at the house with me while my friends at the home, and she's just she sleeps and falls me and looks.
Speaker 1: For my friend.
Speaker 11: She's going to be five years old, and she just is a She's the biggest cat I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Gary jeffs Well, you just just love her and appreciate her while she's there, because they don't last forever ever, none of us do, Dick. You know, one of these days, Dick, Parry, Jeff and Dick will be dust. We will be no more and people will somehow go on without us.
Speaker 12: Oh jee.
Speaker 5: So it's just a cycle of life. Unfortunately, we have to all deal with it.
Speaker 6: Dick.
Speaker 5: Well, Super Bowl is a blowout, so you weren't close on your predictions, So we don't win one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Thanks today from Dayton.
Speaker 5: He says, though, Dick, we'll get another chance for one hundred dollars each when, maybe when we reach the NCAA Championship game in basketball. Also, the over under of Reds wins for the total years, We've still got a chance, Dick to cash.
Speaker 13: Yet we do.
Speaker 6: On Dick picks, it's not over yet.
Speaker 14: Derry Jeff.
Speaker 11: Yes, I saw something in the paper. I don't know if Dave told you, but I think it's going to be neat. They say the Reds uniforms are number fourteen this year.
Speaker 5: Well, no, they have patches on the uniforms to honor Pete Rose, number fourteen.
Speaker 6: Man, here's here's the thing about that.
Speaker 5: You won't be able to buy those patches at the official Red shop at the stadium because Major League Baseball still has something, I don't know, something against Pete Rose. They got to stop this nonsense, Dick. This any it was a lifetime ban. Pete's dead, so that would say that the ban is over right right, yes, all right, Dick, do me one more favor here, brother.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, say good night.
Speaker 11: Dick, good night, have a good week.
Speaker 15: Hey YouTube brother bye bye see yah.
Speaker 6: So lie so bye. Hang out seven under WLW.
Speaker 3: Over the years, you've brought them into your home. You were prescribed opioids after the C section and after Dad's back injury. They helped when you were in pain, and you held onto them just in case. But did you know holding on to unused opioids puts your family at risk.
Speaker 10: Trouble with opis can start at home.
Speaker 3: With unused medicines such as pills, patches, and syrups.
Speaker 10: You can remove the.
Speaker 3: Risk and protect your family. Find out how at www dot FDA dot gov slash Drug Disposal.
Speaker 6: And this is ULW.
Speaker 4: MWS twenty four hours a day news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Jeff Lellernissan dot com.
Speaker 5: Into the first official hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday, February fifteenth, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary, Jeff Walker, you were you. That's perfectly fine with me. It's great to be with you again on my little refuge from the rest of the world this show. Thanks for being a part of it this time for day from Harrison.
Speaker 10: Take Away the Trees.
Speaker 9: Takeaway.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you wants dad jokes, one attempts at humor that don't make any sense at all. This is your kind of show. At six o seven.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Dave, Good morning, Good Jeff.
Speaker 10: How are we doing well?
Speaker 6: You kind of know?
Speaker 9: How about do you want? On top of the one liners and everything?
Speaker 16: Some heartfelt condolences for you and Chris.
Speaker 6: And BROSI thank you, Dave. Dave and Kathy.
Speaker 5: Sent a Valentine's card for Brooksy the cat dog this week Gatino and Tucker, their animules, and it was a lovely card. It came yesterday and by the time it got delivered, Brooksy had already gone, which is ironic. Yeah, very much, very much. I appreciate that. Really need some bad one liners and dad jokes. Do you got anything for me, Dave?
Speaker 9: Well, Valentine's Day? You know, weekend? So what did U? What did the couple say after.
Speaker 17: Cupid drove back his arrow and let her fly and it got him?
Speaker 9: What they said? They let out a collective owls?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right?
Speaker 9: What did one triangle say?
Speaker 6: I did that?
Speaker 15: Dave?
Speaker 5: You understand these are supposed to make me feel better? Right, yes, okay, So so with that in mind, let me hear your next joke.
Speaker 9: All right, what did one triangle say to another triangle on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 5: What did one triangle say to another triangle on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 6: I'm stumped? Tell me.
Speaker 9: He said?
Speaker 13: Or her he said, you're a cute.
Speaker 9: And then for this and that's what you might need to be sitting down.
Speaker 17: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: I am all right?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 17: What did the uh?
Speaker 9: What did the man with a broken legs say to his valentine Day sweetheart?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: What did the man with the broken legs say to who is sweetheart?
Speaker 6: On Valentine's Day? Please tell me? Dave?
Speaker 17: All right, I will he said, Uh, he said, honey, he said, I got a crutch on you.
Speaker 18: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 5: Mamitre just called my cell phone, and yeah, she has my number, I know. And when the aid gets there, she'll be able to use a phone that she can call us in. So at any time this morning, we could be interrupted by Lynette. Oh little Donna Summer never heard anybody. I don't care what you say. Thirteen minutes after the hour, and we're going to visit with our old friend Radio Rick Washburn, who has lots of Brooksy stories.
Speaker 6: Radio Rick, good morning, how are you doing.
Speaker 13: Oh I'm hanging in there, and Marie and I both are, And of course all the hugs in the world to you and christ because as you know, last week we lost our shopcat, my little radio helper Skiddy. She was nineteen and just succumbed to renal failure. And that's been rough too. And that's my I mean, between her and Brooksy, my two favorite helpers ever for working on radios, because yep, when I was working on your forty one film Go, he was right up there helping me, just like Skinny Wood back in the shop.
Speaker 5: He was so curious about it, everything you were doing, and he was in your toolbox. I don't I think he actually pulled some things out of your toolbox that you didn't ask him to while he was assisting you working on my nineteen forty one filco. I just remember that so well. That must have been what six seven years ago, Rick.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, right about that seven or eight anyway, because I think you'd adopted him not long before that. And at one point he fell asleep up on the table and it was reminiscent of the Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm with the dog with his tail in the fireplace that he had to pull out because Berksy was getting a little too close to the soldering iron, just like, oh oh, buddy, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, yeah, Rick is in in our dining room working on this radio for me. And that's really when we really bonded and formed our friendship, when you and Marie came up and stayed overnight, and we're very well fed, weren't you, Oh.
Speaker 13: My goodness, and best hosts ever you and kristin.
Speaker 5: Breakfast was okay, but Brooksy just absolutely loved you and thought the world of you. And there I've got pictures of him sitting on top of that beautiful nineteen forty one filco that you restored for me, and those memories will never go away.
Speaker 13: I agreed. And by the way, just to light in the mood a bit, what did the isola? What did the Isosceles triangle say?
Speaker 6: To date?
Speaker 13: From Harrison, what you ain't right either? I actually wrote a joke.
Speaker 5: It's not bad. Actually it's better than anything he came up with. I'm sorry, Dave. So, how are you receiving us this morning?
Speaker 6: And what on? And how's it going?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: To four x three which is pretty loud and clear, but it kind of makes sense. It's a nineteen forty one Emerson. This is a model four thirty two that power mighte This is a portable radio. It's a four tube and not a particularly large one. It's got a flipped top case. It's made out of ten Night, so the cover is warped into oblivion. It looks really weird. Tennight was not a good plastic and it's not stable. And even if you pretty much have to keep it museum conditions for it not to distort over time.
Speaker 5: How prominent? How prominent were portable radios in nineteen forty one? They weren't ubiquitous like they became. Were They?
Speaker 13: Well in the late thirties and into the four the battery radios were not unheard of, but the size always made it different. So portable, and we always talk about the one in the Philadelphia story. It's not even as big as a luggable. It's not a handle. You can carry it around the batteries way more than the radio do. But having said that, let's go to the catalog, shall we. The Emerson Power might the first real pocket radio, world's smallest and lightest weighs but three pounds, only three inches deep.
Speaker 6: Now what size, what side? What sized pockets are we talking here?
Speaker 13: So Murray, my co writer, chimed in and said, set a radio in your pocket. You're just really really glad to.
Speaker 6: See me, no doubt.
Speaker 9: Oh boy?
Speaker 13: So uh it plays on own power. I I guess that's the way they described a battery radio. It's its own power. It's not your power. Yeah, no outside wires, handsome, unbreakable toennight, Well it's not unbreakable, but that you know whatever, And satin chrome panel, beautifully styled standard broadcast. In other words, it's an am radio efficient enclosed loop antenna. That's fine, automatic safety on off switch. It's got a lid. When you open the lid, it turns on. When you close the lid, it shuts off. Not sure what that has to do with safety. No, if fire shoots out of it, you close the lids then automatically turns off.
Speaker 6: That's that's what I would do.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know, an economical operation. Okay, you know that's not so bad. But they could have explained it better this as it's as I say, it's a four tube set and they were small obviously, and also power tubes, so the radio comes on almost immediately, and they don't set down the battery power as much as conventional tubes would have. The only thing different is right up. A couple of years later that came out with sub miniature tubes, which were the bane of the repairman's existence. But that's a story for another day.
Speaker 5: Well, since you're a repairman, this is the bane of your existence, I guess.
Speaker 13: Back in the day it's like, oh no, not one of these.
Speaker 6: Right exactly?
Speaker 5: Well, Rick, thank you, and think think about all the memories you have of a Brooksy the cat dog, and you know, trying to hold on the thing, the crazy thing about what happened yesterday. Other than just the instance itself, was that. Earlier in the week, I was counseling and ministering to a friend of mine who had lost his sixteen year old cat, had passed away in its sleep, and I haven't been able to talk to him since, and I'm just really concerned about his well being. But so, I mean literally, I hate when people use literally every literally every sentence. But anyway, I was just trying to tell him to focus on all of the great memories that he had was sixteen years with his cat Boogie. And then two days later, I'm listening to my own words back to myself.
Speaker 6: And going, wow.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that helps or not, but we all deal with it in different ways, and this morning I'm dealing with it. And I appreciate all your sentiment and anybody else that's sent along best wishes and condolence.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: If you want to reach mister Washburn, you can do that at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a soggy Saturday, as a lot of the area we'll see rain from sun up to sundown. Temperatures will be in the mid to upper forties. Just not gonna be able to enjoy it too much. Rain lingers into your Sunday turning into snow as temperature's plummet all next week will be below average from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Umber seven hundred WLW Sports Slam.
Speaker 16: We have.
Speaker 5: We have a full slate of some college basketball to talk about. I also I'm going to check in on the third round of the Genesis Invitational Tigers Tournament out out in San Diego this weekend.
Speaker 6: There's golf back.
Speaker 5: Do you under Do you understand how excited this makes us at the walker House when golf is back on TV, something that is just a blip on the radar from most other sports fans that we're like just getting into our favorite time of the year. It's golf and it is a four letter word, especially if you attempt to play it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Genesis Open at Tory Pine South Course of this weekend. Davis Thompson's in the lead at eight under, Scotty Scheffler in second place at seven under, Rory and fourth at five under, and Nick Dunlap in seventh at three under. There's kind of a big gap from first to fifth. It's a four stroke lead by Davis Thompson. You know you'd be a fun weekend. You knew Scheffler was going to be back in the mix. And you know, even after the hand injury and the falling apart in flailing in the final round last week, you knew Scotty was going to be there. You don't get to be the world's number one if you're not going to be competing for number one every weekend.
Speaker 6: Garry, Jeff, you know what tomorrow is? What?
Speaker 7: The Daytona five hundred one of the best sporting events.
Speaker 6: The official start in saving that one up.
Speaker 7: Of the going into the new year. The Daytona five hundred is at the best race in all of NASCAR.
Speaker 6: I would say it's the most famous race.
Speaker 5: Obviously, people like Talladega, and people also liked Bristol back in the day. Nascar is so different than it used to be. It used to be really one of those burgeoning, very popular sports and it's kind of taking a back seat over the last fifteen to twenty years. But yeah, Daytona is still iconic.
Speaker 7: There's no question College basketball today though a lot of games On this Super Saturday, the North beat Green Bay seventy three to sixty. Last night, Xavier hosts DePaul at noon right Norse beat the Packers, the Green Bay Phoenix and Doug Gottlieb, a Fox Sports radio host, drivetime host and side gig as a college basketball coach.
Speaker 5: Christ you know he's going to lose that gig. He's what three and twenty or something like that. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Are you coaching any college basketball in this upcoming season?
Speaker 5: Well not yet, not until Gottlieb gets fired and I'm moving to Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Xavier host de Paul at noon right here on seven one hundred WLW. Local basketball star Holy Cross alum Jacob Meyer currently is second and in the Blue Demons in scoring. You see is on the road in Ames, Iowa to face a tenth ranked Iowa State side Clones. This win is needed to boost the Bear Catch resume that game tips A four pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW. Kentucky travels to Austin to face Texas. Cats will be without Lamont Butler and Jackson Robinson tips Steph for eight on ESPN fifteen thirty. A couple top twenty five games of note today perdue seventh threek Purdue host sixteenth ranked Wisconsin that's at one. Tennessee. Fifth ranked Tennessee host Vanderbilt that is also at one. Thirteenth ranked Arizona hosts number six Houston in a Big Twelve Conference play that's at two. Number one Auburn travels to Tuscalaluso to face number two Alabama that is at four. Nineteenth ranked Mississippi host twenty second ranked Mississippi State. A lot of good college basketball on the slate today from start to finish. How were you happy with the outcome of the Super Bowl last Sunday? I could care less. It was kind of boring. I kind of wish it was an entertaining game either way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, as a Chiefs fan, you know my feelings, my sentiments. But then again, as I mentioned on my Monday Night cap immediately in the aftermath of that debacle, I can't knowing how I felt about the one Super Bowl loss that I just experienced. I really my heart went out to Bengals fans because they've never known a Super Bowl win. So Bengals fans, one loss. I can take one loss and you have to still live with your three so far. Good luck for.
Speaker 1: The majority of your Saturday. As tempters do reach the mid to upper forties, ray lingers into your Sunday, but temperatures fall quickly. Could see some snow accumulations would be minor, but don't be too caught off guard if that does happen for me, Severe weather station. I'm nine verse one of meteorologist Cameron Harden on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: It looks like a big rainbow right now on the radar. Everybody's getting some sort of precipitation right now. It is thirty three degrees at six thirty five. I'm Sandy Collins. Our next update coming up at seven on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: I'm toasting you said, honey, we may be through.
Speaker 19: You'll never care me conveys where listening?
Speaker 7: That, of course is Garth Brooks, which.
Speaker 6: Was Brooksy's name.
Speaker 5: I named him after Garth Brooks.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Anyway, let's head east my friends down fifty two. How now Brown County and checking with the gang. They are ed Brookies again this morning. Hey gang, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: So What's what's happening there in the lovely village of ripley Oha?
Speaker 20: Oh, pretty calm this morning, pretty quiet, but things will kick up tonight about eight o'clock here at Brookies with Joe Cowells band, and then of course through.
Speaker 13: The week here on Wednesday.
Speaker 20: Why, the Queen the Hearts will be over one hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: That's quite a pile of.
Speaker 5: And yeah, somebody's got somebody's got to win that sometime soon, don't they.
Speaker 6: What was that? What was the top out on the last one? It was over.
Speaker 20: Fifty five, four hundred and sixty thousand, Yeah, double.
Speaker 5: Quarter million dollars that you could have won it to Queen of Hearts at at at Brookies.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean thirty one this one.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's got to happen eventually, you know how many how many cards you got left?
Speaker 6: Jeez?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: All right, Yeah, A.
Speaker 20: Little shout out here this morning to mister Rick Little from that famous town.
Speaker 9: Of Lynchburg, Ohio.
Speaker 20: He represents Little's farm supply. Okay, and hopefully you made it out of bed to hear us this morning.
Speaker 5: Not to be confused with great impressionist from the seventies, rich little.
Speaker 6: No voices, it's Rick Little. So is Darren there this morning?
Speaker 9: He is here?
Speaker 6: All right? So let me ask you this. I know you've got that that kitchen there.
Speaker 5: You make some wonderful pizzas and whatever else that you offer as long as as long as the cook's not in jail. But after after last weekend's excursion to Lisa's Wayside Inn in Russellville, and then we had a previous road trip, where was that the previous road besides Lisa's Wayside taters over other than kids. Yeah, Now, see these places all feature breakfast. Is there any chance that Brookies someday will be serving breakfast on a Saturday morning?
Speaker 9: Yes, I mean.
Speaker 13: Finding somebody to work it.
Speaker 6: It would be the thing.
Speaker 13: I just just finded somebody to be there.
Speaker 5: Well, well, I mean find it. Finding somebody who's not going to get arrested, is what you mean?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, And and and by by the way, Darren, I want to applaud you for, you know, giving people who have been incarcerated a chance to work.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's how we get out. We break this cycle, you know, of the continual incarcerating, the revolving door of the jails and Brown can if you can just give him a steady job, you know, and I know, and I know you pay well, like twenty five bucks an hour, so you shouldn't be able to find somebody who can stay out of out of the slammer breaking up, Sherry, how is the weather rock?
Speaker 21: The weather rock is good. I checked on a little bit ago. Of course, water's gonna start coming up. We're don't have to keep an eye on them, so we don't.
Speaker 5: No, you don't want you don't want the rockets to be uh washed it back into the river.
Speaker 10: That's for darn show, No, we do not.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 21: Hey, the beaver took his girlfriend out last night for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 14: Her name's Beaverly.
Speaker 5: Beaverly Yeah, all right, uh hey Liam, get the Dave disclaimer out. You guys, have a fantastic day. You made mine and I appreciate it. All right, have a great day, have a great weekend, all right.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 5: The gang in Ripley at Brookie Saloon on a Saturday morning, Steve from Etna is hanging in there like a hair and a grilled cheese sandwich. And we'll talk to him next with a pithyphone call a news thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 17: Well, no one else can understand me.
Speaker 5: SEVENLW Saturday Morning Edition, Gary jimp Walker on this February fifteenth, time for our friend Steve from ETNA to chime in with his weekly contributions that we appreciate so much. The joy the wonder of Steve from EDNA. Good morning, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 22: I was reminded this week of Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream speech and that line about judging a person by the content of their character. If that is so, Black Baptist Minister Steve Caudle of Chattanooga is in deep doodo. It just seems that someone who calls for violence against those who are seeking an honest accounting of how taxpayers dollars are spent is not doing service to Reverend King's nonviolent message. Here's the Tennessee Clerics call to arms against Donald Trump's watchdog on government spending, and I quote when Elon Musk forces his way into the United States Treasury and threatens to steal your personal information and your Social Security check, there is a possibility of violence. Sometimes the devil will x so ugly that there is no other choice.
Speaker 6: But to get violent and fight. Well.
Speaker 22: First of all, Steve Musk didn't force his way into the Department of the Treasury. He was asked to do it by the President of the United States. Thank god he did. Musk is not in Black lives matter. He doesn't have to use violence. Second, he isn't out after anybody's personal information. That information he's after is government information, which in any case is subject to audit, as for social Security numbers, etc. That information is all over the place. The irs has it, your bank has it, your pastor probably has it, which ought to scare the hell to use the theological term out of Steve Caudle's congregation. And as for stealing your social Security check, hell, I'd be more afraid of Pastor Caudle's sticky fingers than that of Elon Musk. Black history has come a law way, from Martin Luther King to misogynistic rap music to drive by shootings killing six year old black kids, the Democrat leaders and the pulpit and Congress encouraging murder and mayhem on Republicans, Christians, and Conservatives. Congresswoman Kerosene Maxine Waters of Los Angeles, famous for advocating the dispatching of Donald Trump quote by any means necessary, is having a hissy fit over any attempt to audit the books. Her words are beautifully ironic, as she cries out, we.
Speaker 13: Don't know what they know about us.
Speaker 22: Well we know plenty, mad Max. Since it was you long ago who got chastised before a congressional panel for trying to insert into a bank bill three hundred and fifty thousand bucks to bail you out of an investment, your colleague, Democrat Representative Barney Frank told you to cool your jets and audit of your office is what scares the hell out of you. Admit it. May I suggest a therapy dog, perhaps a rescued dog like my pitbull killer Ah Kindred Spirits. Elon's Musketeers have found out that the Department of Education funds programs designed to shame white students based on critical race theory. Actually, a military has been doing this for a long time. This could lead to a new kind of transphobia where shamed white folks trans to black kind of in a reverse. Michael Jackson, page two. We used to say that the insurance phrase death benefits was an oxymoron, not anymore. Opendebooks dot com has done its own audit of Medicare and Medicaid funding and found a significant amount of overpayments involved checks to dead people. Well, yes, I guess there is heaven on Earth, Pastor Caudle, hallelujah, Brothers and sisters. Okay, sports fans, just about all of the Cincinnati Reds players have now reported to the training facility in Arizona, thanks to Ohio Governor Mike DeWine. On orders of the governor, this year, Red's players will not be allowed to work from home. They will have to show up.
Speaker 14: Stop it, stop it, I say.
Speaker 22: They will have to show up at Great American Ballpark for all eighty one home games, unlike last year when they lost both of them due to forfeit. A former US AID officer now working for the Heritage Foundation, testified before Congress this week on a claim by Delaware US Senator Chris Coons that three hundred million dollars of medical aid had been wasted in an East African warehouse due to Elon Musk's audit actions. Not so, said the former AID employee, and the medicine's manufacturer, Pfizer agrees with him. Pfizer says, the shelf life of the medicine that Coons is talking about is two years, perhaps way more relevant.
Speaker 14: Excuse me.
Speaker 22: The bar codes on the pallets in East Africa Coons is yelling about indicate it isn't medicine. Coons had claimed that without whatever it is on those paletts, millions of Africans will go blind. Senator Chris Coons, You've got a dirty mind. You cannot go blind doing that. I'm just saying, go aheads, Gary, Jeff, talk to you next week.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: On the Reverend from Chattanooga, it was saying that violence may be the only way to stop Elon musk Doze I harkened back to the lyrics of a fantastic song by the late great Charlie Daniels Long Haired country Boy, and he said, and I quote Preacher Man talking on TV putting down the rock and roll wants me to send a donation because he's worried about my soul. He said, Jesus walked on the water. And I know that that's true, but sometimes I think that Preacher Man would like to do a little walk into Ray. My brother Ray Scott from Loveland, how are you good.
Speaker 16: Morning, Gary, Jeff, God bless you, brother, God bless you.
Speaker 17: Hey.
Speaker 16: Good stuff. They're in a great song too, and great piece by Steve Hey. Two points for you, my friend. I want to, I want to, I want to my glasses half full. And then Dave from Harrison's genre, it's his joke is half told, so to speak. But I want to throw him a little bone there, because you know, you've worked with him for years on his delivery and timing and things of that nature, and.
Speaker 6: It's done no good whatsoever.
Speaker 16: One thing I want to extract from this morning I was with the microscope. I've been dissecting it and I can speak with authority and that he did save.
Speaker 9: The very best.
Speaker 16: Of the worst for last this morning. He did end on a on the highest note.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Ray, that was That was the thing. I tried to get him to understand it. And you know this very well because I was obviously on air with it while I'm while I'm teaching him on the air. Uh, And I said, Dave, Dave, Dave, if you've got material, and start with the worst first and and end with the best last. And You're right, He's He's finally gotten one thing down, right, So we'll give him credit for that.
Speaker 6: God Blesse regard.
Speaker 16: Hey, you gotta know the second here, Yeah, I got time. But I'm gonna leave one a real positive note for you too, you know, I uh, you know, the storms and rage in life sometimes, you know, and I and and we have to we have to remain vigilant and strong during those times.
Speaker 14: And I remember I lived in Panama City.
Speaker 16: Seemed like when a storm down, it was just a little more violent than everywhere else. And I had to fly out of Penma City and back then. You when you flew up Pama City, there was three or four gates there at the airport, and you flew of one to two places, either Atlanta or Memphis because everything was connected.
Speaker 14: Flight down there, in ninety.
Speaker 16: Percent of the time you would fly out of a little trop they called a turbo jet. It was a prop plane, you know, right in Yeah, So there was one of these storms. I mean, it was bad, it was really rough. I didn't know they wouldn't let us take off, and it took off and we got up to altitude. And the great thing that happened that morning, it was early in the morning, pitched dark Outlent left and all of a sudden we got through the clouds and the sun was shining. I mean you had to put your sunglasses on.
Speaker 13: The sun was shining, and it hit me.
Speaker 17: It hit me there and.
Speaker 16: I try to hold onto this twenty five years later, and I'm giving it to you today. The sun, the sun, the son, Sun always shines above the storm and the clouds every great day. My brother, God bless shoot and forstal take care.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Ray And You're absolutely right. And it's something I've been trying to really remind myself. Oh wait a minute, let's let's put her on, Mametry. You're there, baby, I got time for you to sing a song. And that's about it.
Speaker 12: Okay, I'd like to stop.
Speaker 6: Has Alexis stopped?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, good go ahead, baby.
Speaker 12: Yes, Jesus love me. Yes, Jesus bless me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Bother Bible tells me so, got based, Brookie. Welcome to having to my cat, my Surga cat, Mistic. May you rest in peace and you're always be here on earth, which is love you.
Speaker 5: Bye bye America, Thank you, Mama Tree. Jesus loves me. And a prayer for Brooksy My boy, well, break can come back. Steve Shulty waiting on the other side afternoons with an environmental update and much more ahead on this Saturday morning edition. God bless you and God bless this show. It's uh, it's bringing me back to life this morning coming up on six fifty six seven WLW.
Speaker 19: This morning at nine, Mike Alan Rands raves and then calms down with a virgin lime Rickey on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a soggy Saturday as a lot of the area we'll see rain from sun up to sundown. Temperatures will be in the mid to upper four just not going to be able to enjoy it too much. Rain lingers into your Sunday, turning into snow as temperature's plummet. All next week will be below average for severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: Steve erwet USA insulation. You know you've heard me talk about why should insulate. Well, it's become very clear this year if your home wasn't insulated properly, you got punched in the gut with a big utility bill. Now a lot of people have been calling me asking how quickly can you get us insulated? We can't afford a couple more months of this monster heating bills. Quick answer call us three eight one phone USA Insulation dot net and it's on a first come, first serve basis, but we'll do our very best to get you in quickly so you could start saving USA Insulation.
Speaker 24: As we all continue to hear scary ads about the IRS, Tax Relief Advocates is leading the way showing us.
Speaker 5: Into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, February fifteenth, twenty twenty five, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 6: Walker at your service, reporting for duty.
Speaker 5: Sorry, yes, sir, six minutes past the hour, and let's take a listen to Lewis Armstrong and then talk to our friend Steve Schulty, environmental engineer.
Speaker 6: Extraordinary see tree so green? Resist? I see it in blue fo you, and I'm thinking to myself what I wonder? Indeed it is.
Speaker 5: It's a wonderful, beautiful world God has given us, and we need to be good stewards of it. There's no question about that. But what is the truth and what is just an agenda and propaganda? That's always the question when it comes to Environmental News, the ecology and that like Steve Schultz, he my friend, my brother.
Speaker 6: How are you Gary Jeff?
Speaker 9: Better than I deserve?
Speaker 6: As always? All right, sir?
Speaker 5: This morning we heard something about the Environmental Protection Agency returning gold bars to taxpayers.
Speaker 6: I've not received mine yet, have you gotten yours?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: I am not.
Speaker 20: That's the only disappointing thing about this little that's not article this comes from, although I heard it on Fox Moves actually last night, a little burg But anyway, I first heard about it yesterday. The Heritage Foundation at Heritage dot org puts on every Friday at one o'clock. They've got the Climate Show, No excuse me, the Climate Realism Show. So if anybody's interested, just got to search Climate Realism Show. This one was number one forty five yesterday. It's on YouTube or rumble and the title of their show yesterday was EPA return gold bars to taxpayers. And what they discussed was the good news for the forrest climate realists and better governance is the Trump administrationists. As you know, Garret Jeff piling up things so fast difficult to catch up a bit of undercover journalism by Project Veritas. Uh, if those people interested in that Project Veritas is v R I t ad.
Speaker 6: What what did James what get?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What did James keef and his gang at Project Veritas find out?
Speaker 20: Well, what they found out is the left winger staffer at the EPA admitted that he and others were trying to get billions of our taxpayers quote out as fast as possible quote quote before Trump arrived in January and put a stop to it.
Speaker 9: This is a quote quote.
Speaker 20: It truly feels like we're on the Titanic and we're throwing gold bars off the edge quost quote last Brent Efrin, former Special Advisor for Implementation.
Speaker 6: At the e PA.
Speaker 20: Well, fortunately the new APA administrator, Lee Zelden announced this week he jumped into a submersible and that's the gold bars worth twenty billion.
Speaker 14: That's with the b out of the.
Speaker 20: Hands of nonprofit NGOs and there we go. Gary Jeff's those little tricky nngos supposedly standing for non governmental organizations, but I call them no good organizations.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, this is this is what I don't understand about government funded NGOs. If they're non governmental organizations, how come the government US is funding them? If they're non government it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 20: It does because their their entity is not you know, not run by bureaucrats per se.
Speaker 14: But as you know, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 20: This is how government and there's all government agencies do this. They get this is how they get around legislation. Let's say legislation and says DEPI that you cannot do X, Well we'll give give money to an mng O to let them do the dirty work. Yeah, it's it's similar, not the same, but it's similar with what you know, what happened with high tech during the Biden years. You know, government can't legally censor, but private entities can. So they get the private entities to do their dirty work. And so so here you know, once again we have these kind of problems. But if you want to know more about these kind of things, the Climate Realism Show on every Friday at one pm Eastern is a good way to find out.
Speaker 5: All right and real quickly about the new ice flow research that kind of takes back some of the hysteria about sea level rise claims real quickly.
Speaker 20: New study concludes quote temperate glacier ice flows more steadily than previously thought, leading to lower projections of level or eyes over time. This is research from the Iowa State University, the University Wisconsinent Madison found that climate models models that project increasing rates of steep level rise do not account for the highly variable melting and flow of ice. Basically, what the research shows is that unlike what the models that are used, glaciers have various types of ice throughout them because of the pressure, temperatures and so on and so forth, and these all melt at different temperatures much much lower than what the models use. So what this new research is showing is that if you use this newer data, the sea level will not be rising nearly as fast as what the doomsayers are saying.
Speaker 5: Very good, excellent illumination this morning, my friend. Thank you so much. Steve Shulty on the show on Saturday, I call it the Saturday Morning Edition.
Speaker 6: You can call it that thing. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: The other day, I got a dog from the shelter.
Speaker 6: Why didn't you get a cat? I'm allergic to cast because you hate cats? No, I don't. Casts are fine. You ought to be fired cat hater. You're talking about cat. I'm not a hater.
Speaker 9: I love it all.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it feels like it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Roney.
Speaker 10: They want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 6: We think it's important for everyone to be hurt.
Speaker 1: Eddie and Rockney Monday afternoon at three seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: Excuse me. I know you have a nine o'clock so I'll keep this short. I'm the business suit in the back of your closet. You wore me nearly every day before your office went quote casual. I used to be the CEO of your closet. Now I'm just that one intern no one ever talks to. I always thought you'd circle back with me, get granular, keep me in the pipeline, but not a nothing. Don't you remember the McKittrick presentation. You spilled coffee on me and I still looked amazing during the breakout talk back, Q and A. So I think it's time for me to move on. I've got a great resume and I absolutely crush it in interviews. Okay, let's make this a clean break shift the paradigm. The only thing I ask is that you think outside the box here and do this. Take me to good Will where I can really make a difference.
Speaker 25: Your donations to Goodwill create New jobs, training programs and education assistance for people in your community. To find your nearest donation center, go to Goodwill dot org Donate stuff, Create Jobs. A message from Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 5: As we get into Saturday, Lots of rain ahead of us and a mix of rain and snow.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 5: We're right on that verge of freezing tempts, so we will deal with the rain all day. There are flooding concerns. Absolutely, keep a watch on flood stages and the like from the Ohio to the Kentucky, all around the area, the Licking and the Great Miami Rivers. Just lots of rain today high of forty four. Tomorrow's high forty two, but temperatures will fall as soon as we hit that high temp on Sunday and the rain changing over to some light snow. Not done with winter yet. It's thirty four seven hundred WLW. I got a text from Roco Castellano last night, see if I can find that real quick, telling me he wasn't going to be available, can't do the show in the morning in Kansas City. Will be in the middle of speaking to athletes. I hope they can understand it. Time down for the Tom Davis Diaries or the wild wacky stories from around the world and around the country, and to report on those wild wacky stories are correspondent Time.
Speaker 26: Day, Good morning Gary Jeff this week, Sorry officer, it was my girlfriend's but first. Flying is getting tougher and tougher these days, especially with passengers getting dumber and dumber. Recently, an American Airlines flight from Austin to Charlotte had to be delayed after one of the passengers was using a personal Wi Fi spot called I Have a Bomb. Everybody had to get off the plane. Turns out it was a joke. Plane finally took off four hours later. Meanwhile, there's a new trend out of India smuggling gold bars. Two different guys were busted in the last week for smuggling gold bars on their person. One dude had three pairs of underwear on trying to hold him up as he got caught. Another guy much more determined shoving them well you know, but he was busted by the metal detector. Police think it's a smuggling network they're trying to find. Police in San Carlos, Florida are looking for the mad lawnmower man. They've got footage of a guy on a riding lawnmower going down the street knocking over his neighbor's mailboxes. But unfortunately for authorities, lawnmowers don't have license plates. But he did leave behind a clue, a Pittsburgh Steeler's hat, so you know, he's a completely corrupt human being exactly. And finally, fellow Hoosier Zachariah Vigil, told police it was all her fault. He crashed his car at a railroad crossing, leaving it hung up on the tracks, and when cops finally caught up to him, he admitted it, but says that it was his girlfriend's fault he crashed. You see, he was facetiming with her while driving and she had just showed him her boobs. I mean, what are you gonna do? Next week? Monkey causes nationwide power outage. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a soggy Saturday, as a lot of the area we'll see rain from sun up to sundown. Temperatures will be in the mid to upper forties. Just not gonna be able to enjoy it too much. Rain lingers into your Sunday, turning into snow as temperature's plummet all next week will be below average.
Speaker 6: Fremer severe weather station.
Speaker 1: I'm nine first warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: Sports Basketball Jones, You got a basketball Jones.
Speaker 7: MKU defeated Green Bay seventy three to sixty last night. Xavier host to Paul at noon. Pregame covered begins at eleven thirty right here on seven hundred a WLW. Kentucky travels to Austin to face Texas. Catch will be without Lamont Butler and Jackson Robinson. Tip of sep for right on ESPN fifteen thirty. You see it's on the road in ames Isowa to face the tenth ranked dial state Cyclones. Bearcats need this for their resume. Big time Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four right here on seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Liam.
Speaker 10: Seven twenty one.
Speaker 5: On a Saturday morning, Gary Jeff and my friend the Mad Hatter Doomsday Dave Dave Hadder with an IT report.
Speaker 6: How are you doing man?
Speaker 9: I'm doing good.
Speaker 14: Gary Jeff, How are you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm I'm as well could be expected.
Speaker 14: For an early Saturday rainy Cincinnati mourning.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I feel like I'm I'm under the influence of something, but I did not imbibe or take anything, So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: Maybe just be slap happy.
Speaker 5: What should we be worried about in the wide world of technology this morning, Dave, give me one thing.
Speaker 14: Well, here's a good starter for you. I just cut this right before I got on with you. Kenton County put out a scam alert. And these things are so common with government agencies. So Kenton County Detention Center is warning of an ongoing scam with residents contact and demanding payments for home incarceration fees. And they say in this every government agency will the Kent County Detention Center does not make calls demanding payment of any fee. This is a scam. So a parently these things work, though, Jerry Jeff. So you know if the whether if the i R s the Hamlin County Sheriff, the Kenton County Detention Center or whatever calling you on the phone or sending you an email, well telling you that if you don't send them money, usually gift cards or something. Craig, can you imagine, can you imagine the Kenton County Detention Center telling you, hey, you need to go buy some gift cards and send them to us, so we're going to arrest you. I mean legitimate. It's just nuts.
Speaker 6: Well it is. It is just nuts.
Speaker 5: But there are people, and I know that everybody is vulnerable to one extent or the other. The problem is they seem to focus more on seniors. And this is not just to lambass seniors at all and say you're ignorant and you need to wake up and get with the times. But because I will soon, I probably am a senior. But here's the thing, Dave, it's it's high time that we all knew. No one is calling you and demanding money unless it's I mean maybe a collection agency.
Speaker 6: But you should know about that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you should know about that in advance. No legitimate government agency is going to call you and demand money, especially WHI are transfers, gift cards, VENMO payments or anything like that. You know, anything unusual and the right answer is always hang up. First off, people should not answer calls from numbers they don't recognize.
Speaker 13: They's you so easy to move a phone number.
Speaker 14: And it's so you know, these scams are so prevalent thanks to all of our.
Speaker 13: Data being leaked out there.
Speaker 14: I don't answer the phone from a number I don't recognize.
Speaker 6: Ever, I just won't do it.
Speaker 14: You know, if it's important, you'll leave me a message. If you don't leave me a methage, I'm never going to call you back. Don't answer those calls. If you do, or they leave a message and it sounds legitimate, you know, if you answer the call, hang up, and then you go on your own. Don't use any information they send you in a text easily spookable or an email easily spoofable. You go to the Kenton County descend Center or the Hamlin County Share or whatever agency it purports to be on your own, because the other thing they'll do, Garry Jeff, you know, they'll use open source intelligence. This is a a whole field in cybersecurity. As a criminal. Can I go to the Hamlet Accounty Sheriff's Office website and find officers that work there?
Speaker 6: Yes? I can.
Speaker 14: Can I get their names and the email addresses and their phone numbers?
Speaker 6: Yes? I can.
Speaker 14: Can I find similar information like that on LinkedIn? Yes? So when I call you, I might claim to be deputy so and so you know they're smart, they're common, right, So just because they make something sound legitimate, you can't assume it is. You should either hang up or ignore the thing, and then on your own find the legitimate information for that agency and start from there. Otherwise you know you're going to get scammed.
Speaker 6: Sadly, do we have anybody go ahead?
Speaker 17: What I was just going to say.
Speaker 14: I appreciate that these agencies put these warnings out so that folks can be aware these things are all doing.
Speaker 5: Do we have any faith at all that somebody is stepping into the AI breach here to make it non threatening to humans? Because I mean the great fear is, you know, they become sentient beings or have sentient minds, and they can think and do on their own, and and all these other things that people are I mean rightfully concerned about, you know, because technology is moving so fast.
Speaker 6: What's new on the AI front?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it is moving very fast.
Speaker 17: You're right about that.
Speaker 14: You know, my personal opinion kind of based on what I'm aware of. And you know, keep in mind, I only know what's made public. If you and I discussed many times, right, who knows what's in some lab somewhere, But I don't personally think any of the current technology tracks are going to get us to what in the business would be known as artificial general intelligence, which is artificial intelligence that's equally capable and more capable to a human being at any task. You know, most of the stuff that we're seeing now is all sort of purpose built for particular types of things versus it can do anything a human being can do, or or perhaps better than a human being.
Speaker 9: I don't think we're really.
Speaker 14: That close to that personally from what I'm seeing, But no, I also don't think Gary, Jeff, you know, we're in this weird place in my mind, kind of like nuclear weapons, where you know, we can't let our adversaries get ahead of us with this stuff, And does that mean we might have to go faster than we would like and potentially take the risk of what you just described because I do believe that is at least within the realm of possibility. I know it may sound farff bets to some people that I encourage For folks who are really interested in this topic and really want to understand how this could play out, there's a great book called super Intelligence by a guy named Nick Boster, and he goes through a whole bunch of different scenarios for how we might eventually get to artificial general intelligence, and then what he describes as super intelligence, where once you have machines that are as good at or as good as people are better, then they can improve themselves, at which point all bets are off because you don't really know how fast I could go, how quickly they could exceed the capability of all beans, and depending on what they were designed to do, you.
Speaker 6: Know what their open goal would be.
Speaker 14: So it's it's a fascinating book.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 14: Can't my windows error, my airs time.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry there, I can't do that, Dave Patter, Thank you so much, my friend.
Speaker 6: We got to run okay.
Speaker 14: Always my pleasure.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 6: A dose of rock and roll archaeology, especially news.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours a day, he was a radio seven hundred w l W called.
Speaker 5: Three eight to one foam or visit online at USA Installation dot neta until you had another hour of the Saturday morning edition for the Saturday, February the fifteenth, twenty twenty five, carry Jeff Walker.
Speaker 6: And you together again on a Saturday morning. Gay to have you along.
Speaker 5: It has been a kind of a a tumultuu tumultuous week. I had a very good friend I'm not giving out any names who lost his wife this week after a somewhat lengthy illness, and I guess we'll talk more in depth about it after the family deals with their issues.
Speaker 6: They need privacy.
Speaker 5: And it was very heartbreaking to hear of his loss of his wife of I guess almost fifty years. And then Brooksy the cat dog succumb to Good Morning, Chris to two point zero by the way, baby, love you. So christ and I have been dealing with that, which certainly isn't losing a lifelong spouse, but it is losing our good buddy who was definitely a part of the family. So it's just kind of be an interesting way week, to say the least. Right now that we break away from that and we talk to our friends. Science Mike from Dell High a Science Minute, a staple of our Saturday morning diet on seven under w l w Y.
Speaker 18: As a night of Scientist Surprising a Dell blinding me.
Speaker 6: Been surprising indep Good morning, Michael, how are.
Speaker 17: You I'm going, well, you just stay busy, Gary, Jeff, And.
Speaker 6: Well, so that's why I came in part of time.
Speaker 5: I'm actually taking the day off from the bar today, and I thought about it. I said, you know, maybe it's better that I just go about my regular routine. But I think we're making a trip to the animal shelter today.
Speaker 17: I did the same with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get back on that horse.
Speaker 17: Yeah. Did you see the before we get to the science topic, the interchange between the exchange between Michael Schallenberger and Representative Massy this week.
Speaker 6: I did not please enlighten me.
Speaker 17: Well, you just need to He's at New York Times and talk about the U s A. I D funding the first Trump impeachment.
Speaker 13: You need to.
Speaker 17: We need to watch that exchange between Massy and Schellenberger.
Speaker 6: It's ok.
Speaker 17: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I like watching Thomas. He's my representative, so we'll see what he's doing doing for my vote or against depending it.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 17: So we have the astronauts up on the Boeing has had a bad week this week, but they had to having a bad year. But the astronauts on the space station, they went up there June sixth for eight days and they might eventually. I think they're coming home on a SpaceX rocket on March nineteenth, the Bowie star Liner system like that. But what also came out last week another Boeing issue and of Friday last week was the SLS rocket, which is the rocket that's designed to take this into the Artemis one and two program to get back to the Moon. They Boing met with their employees on Friday last week and gave them a sixty day notice possibly that the program's going to be terminated. It's amazing we twenty eleven the program started and it's supposed to be finished in twenty sixteen, and well, you know what you're doing now and three billion dollars a year and each lift off is going to cost two billion dollars for each lift off. So the current new budget and NASA administrator been looking to keep the program through the Artemis too and then finally move on. It's just fiscally and it's not working out. And the reason it's not working out, Grey Jeff is SpaceX and Blue Origin have their heavy lift re usable system and it's light at one tenth of the cost of the SLS rocket program. So you can probably see pretty much where that's had it in the next three or four years.
Speaker 6: So no doubt about it.
Speaker 17: It's just one of those costsoverrines. It's just like he's just you know, you just keep throwing gas on the fire and think it expected to go out.
Speaker 5: I don't have every agency in our federal government has so much bloat, so much fraud, and so much unnecessary spending. Yeah, I'd like to see about fifty percent unemployment in Washington, DC myself, But that's just me. Maybe I'm just mean spirited. Thanks, Mike, appreciate it. Eleven minutes past the hour, seven hundred wl seven hundred.
Speaker 6: WLW Sport William Tomlinson.
Speaker 7: We got some hoops today, right yeah, big college basketball Super Saturday, some local games. The North last night defeated Green Bay seventy three to sixty Xavier host of Paul at noon. That game right here on seven hundred WLW. Pregame coverage begins at eleven thirty. Holy Cross alum Jacob Meyer playing for the lou Demons. He will be returning to Cincinnati for a little bit of a home match. Kentucky travels to Austin to face Texas Cats. Will be without two typical starters. TIP as set for eight on ESPN fifteen thirty, you see us on the road in ames Iswile playing in the magical Hilton Coliseum against the tenth ranked Iowa State side Clones. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Tip is set for four right here on seven hundred WLW. There's some notable Top twenty five matchups today. Number seven per Due host number sixteen, Wisconsin number thirteen, Arizona hosts number six, Houston number nineteen, Mississippi host number two, twenty two Mississippi State and in state rivalry, and another in state rivalry, Number one. Auburn travels to Tuscaloosa to face number two Alabama. It's also Daytona five hundred weekend. That race is tomorrow, and the Reds first team workout will be Monday. Spring training about to get underway. Most of the guys were already there, they were just missing a few to get started.
Speaker 6: And you were mentioned earlier.
Speaker 5: Jonathan India had some interesting comments at the about the end of last season for the Reds and how the younger players took advantage of the manager a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeahs, David Bell Yeah, Jonathan Indy was kind of the vocal leader of the team last year, it felt like, and now that he's gone in Kansas City, he's still staying some stuff. They're saying they need that discipline, they need that fire in their rear. And he was saying that the players were taking advantage in the final days of last season of Bell's pages and nurturing personality as a player's manager. So it's going to be really interesting to see how this year goes with Hall of Fame manager Terry Francona.
Speaker 6: No doubt, Tito's coming back. And one more thing.
Speaker 5: You mentioned a Meyer that's coming back home who plays for De Paul.
Speaker 6: Yes, Jacob Meyer. He played cross.
Speaker 5: Is he any relation to the great, the late great DePaul basketball coach Ray Meyer. I wonder that's why he's at DePaul University transfer.
Speaker 7: I got this Simon Kenton defeated Sacred Heart last night. And Sacred Heart had won ninety two straight games, Oh jeez against Kentucky in state women competition.
Speaker 6: All right, and they finally fell last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody loses eventually. A twenty two seven utter wlw Gary Jeff and that Teresa who used to live here that Teresa was here, and now that Teresa's there in South Carolina, that Teresa, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 8: Good morning, my friend, Gary Jeff, Hello, Christa, I love you, good morning.
Speaker 14: I miss you.
Speaker 8: First, Gary Jeff indulged me this very quickly last week when last Week spoke three weeks ago, I made I had a brain hiccup and I called beloved, beloved Brooksy Bootsy. You know you corrected me, my humble apology.
Speaker 6: Believe me. I have gotten.
Speaker 5: I have gotten all kinds of notes of condolences this week because, as you may have heard, Brooksy pass suddenly yesterday on Valentine's Day, uh of.
Speaker 6: Of congestive heart failure.
Speaker 5: And apparently the doctor said it was something that had been uh maybe with him since birth and it just.
Speaker 6: You know, it popped out.
Speaker 5: But I have had all variations of people trying to attempt his name. Now, the way we got Brooksy was what now listen, hold hold the story and I'll let you speak. When we went to get in and we went to get him at the Kenton County An Animal Shelter a week after Christa had lost her beloved Hobbes, who was old. He had he had renal failure. He'd been sick for a while, but then it got to be to a point where we just needed him to not be in misery anymore. So at the age of fifteen, Hobbs left and within a week we had found Brooksy, and Christa gave me the task of naming this cat, and I said, just instantly came. I said, I'm gonna call him Garth Brooks and he became Brooksy from that point forward. So Boots, he's fine, and Brookie and other variations.
Speaker 17: Light.
Speaker 6: It was not no, I didn't take it. I didn't take it as a slight Teresa. I just said, Okay, you know how much I love you all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I knew I do. It's it's all good. So what else is going on in your part of the world. Let's let's talk about something that's.
Speaker 10: Current the world.
Speaker 8: I'm sitting on the summerport.
Speaker 14: It's going to be a high.
Speaker 8: Of fifty seven. It's about forty one. I missed the snow in Ohio. When when you guys had the winter storm. I actually cried because I saw it on ABC News, a little blurb about Cincinnati, and I was sitting there crying, homesick, wanting snow and everybody.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, you wanted snow, Well, we're supposed to get some.
Speaker 6: We're supposed to.
Speaker 10: Get some more.
Speaker 6: Can we send some to you please?
Speaker 8: I hate see we got a dust and this is my hand to God. And here it is Gary Jeff Here in look Golf, South Carolina. We got a dusting. They closed schools.
Speaker 14: For two days.
Speaker 10: Of course he had no clue of what.
Speaker 8: There was no slick roads, no nothing.
Speaker 5: No, it's just the sight of snow. The sight of snow makes people freak out in certain parts of the I understand they never get it.
Speaker 9: The French toast fixings.
Speaker 8: French toast fixings were bought by all so it's no different. Really quick though. Are you used to live in Utopia which is just a stones throwaway from Ripley And we used to go to the flea marketing to auctions there. So I love hearing Brookies.
Speaker 6: The game from all yours? You know, you know you Mentionsville.
Speaker 8: Yes, there's a place called Brenda's Clothing. They sell car hearts and Levi's and we used to go up very good stuff because it was very reasonable.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there's Lisa's Wayside in Russellville, which apparently is a great bar and restaurant there in Russellville.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I think it's they've got double deckers or something. I don't know which one is, but yeah, there's good food up there.
Speaker 6: Yeah they got It's wonderful.
Speaker 5: It's wonderful to hear from you again. And no slight was taken, and and everything's fine, and you don't need I mean, if you need snow, we'll send you any any that we get because I'm already done with it.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that all over, My best, take care, God bless you, my friend.
Speaker 5: All right, same to you, that Teresa, She's still as crazy as ever. Eight twenty seven at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports pres then in by Capital one Friday Party of your Saturday.
Speaker 1: As temperaters do reach the mid to upper forties, ray lingers into your Sunday, but temperatures fall quickly. Could see some snow accumulations would be minor, but don't be too caught off guard if that does happen. For me, Severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: There is rain throughout most of the tri State, from southeast Indiana up to Dayton and down here in Cincinnati into New I'm into northern Kentucky. The rest of it to the east and west of us. We're kind of surrounded by some snow flurry, so the temperatures are are varying, and right now here in Cincinnati we're at thirty five degrees. I'm Sandy Colla's next update at nine o'clock news Radio seven hundred WLWL twenty.
Speaker 4: Four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred wl W Good Morning Kids Time. Bill gives for Wally not understanding the concept. A city slicker moves to the country. He's tired of the red race, buys a piece of land a farm. He goes to the local feed and livestock store and told the proprietor that he was gonna be chicken farming. He then asked to buy one hundred chicks. The owner says, well, that's a lot of chicks. He said, I mean business. A week later, the city slicker is back again at the feeding livestock store, says I need another one hundred chicks, and the owner says, boy, you're serious about this chicken Farming says, yeah, I got to iron out a few problems. And the guy says problems. What kind of problems?
Speaker 6: He said?
Speaker 5: I think I planted the first batch too close together.
Speaker 27: A wl W Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station trist States.
Speaker 19: Chevrolet buyers together, let's drive a brand new Chevrolet from Mike Castroceiorage.
Speaker 5: Have time to talk a little sports and assorted other things with our friend Moe Egger.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mo, what's going on now? I'm guessing you're not in Iowa with the Bearcats today, right?
Speaker 14: Correct? Correct?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 5: I knowtheless, you know the beauty that is aims Iowa and i and the legendary Hilton Coliseum or arena that is home of the Iowa State Cyclones, and the fact and you know that not only was I born in Iowa, but Caitlin Clark was born in Iowa. Joe Burrow was born in Iowa. Why wouldn't you want to go to Iowa?
Speaker 2: Mo?
Speaker 14: Other responsibilities? You know, we were there for football this year and we stayed in We stayed in Des Moines, and I really liked it that's a cool little town. Uh, And so it's it's not out of not wanting to be there. I wish I was monumental task for the Bearcats today against one of the best defensive teams in all of college basketball, one of the best, one of the best teams in all of college basketball.
Speaker 10: I've been to the Hilton Arena.
Speaker 14: Was there when you see last played one on on a late bucket by Jacob Evans. We'll see if this team can do what that team did well.
Speaker 5: And I always say it was ranked tenth is that correct in the in the country. And at this point, you know, early in the season, if you're ranked tenth, it's like, okay, well, let's wait and see what happens. But if you get into mid February and you're ranked tenth, you got something going on. And obviously the Cyclones the Bearcats have been on a bit of a run of late.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's been a pretty remarkable, dramatic in season offensive makeover. You know, two weeks ago tomorrow they played and I'm not exaggerating here. I think in thirty five years of rooting for UC basketball, the worst game I've ever seen a Bearcats team play at home against West Virginia, they scored fifty points, and that was kind of a tip of the iceberg at the end of a four game losing streak. And I think you were being fair if you wondered at that point, like how bad might this get? And instead they've scored ninety three, eighty four, and eighty five points in each of the last three games. And I think they've had to sacrifice a little bit on the defensive end, but I think offensively they're playing the way we thought they would play. They're not just shooting it better. They're playing up and down, they're running, they're playing fast, they're putting pressure on defenses. They're not, you know, letting twenty seconds come up the shot clock before they even initiate their offense. When they've been really good, they've cut down on the turnovers, which has been an issue. Now doing that against the three teams they have beaten is a dramatically different thing than against an Iowa State team on the road, where the Cyclones are the seventh best defensive efficiency team in the country. And so I'm really curious to see how this plays out. Does UC's offensive improvement translate to a really good defensive team, and then can they get stops, because there have been times in this stretch where you've wondered, Okay, if the buckets dry up, are they going to be able to hold their own on the other end of the floor defensively? We might have to find out today.
Speaker 5: Well, since we're at finally officially at the end of the NFL season, with the conclusion of course happening in New Orleans last Sunday where my Chiefs were decimated by the defense of the Philadelphia Eagles. A couple things about that game, mowing and I don't big rudge that Jalen Hurts was the winning quarterback and the winning quarterbacks often he didn't play badly, he played well quarterbacks. It's just the default that they give the quarterback the MVP usually of the winning team. That Eagles defense should have collectively won the MVP of that Super Bowl because they were clearly head and shoulders above anyone else on that field.
Speaker 6: Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 14: Well, that would have sent a precedent. It is an individual award, so I don't think you ever would have seen an entire unit. But the story of that game was Tilly's defense, and that's not to take anything away from Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 9: It was really really good.
Speaker 14: He's great with his legs. He made some big time throws down the field that I think a lot of people wondered, Okay, if he's got to make him, can he make him? And he did. You know, he wasn't an undeserving MVP by any stretch. But I think when I think of that game, I think of how uncomfortable from the jump Philadelphia's defensive line made Patrick Mahomes look. And it was remarkable. Tom Brady pointed it out often during the broadcast. They're not reinventing the wheel, you know, They're not sending dudes from different places and blitzing and running safeties up into the box and blitzing corners and sending eight guys at once. They're they're sending therefore, and you've got to figure out how to block them. And the Chiefs couldn't. They had no answer for it. They It was puzzling to me that they basically decided from the get go, we're going to desert our running game and put Patrick Mahomes in a position where he's got to figure it out against this front and and for as marvelous a player as he is. Look, he wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 6: He didn't have a chance to be great.
Speaker 14: No, And I'll tell you man, you know, I've talked about this guy on my show and it's probably not gonna happen because he's he's probably going to command top dollar. But you know, we talk about what the Bengals need to do in free agency this all season. They've got to find somebody on the interior of the defensive line. If you watched Milton Williams on the inside of that Philly front, not just last week but in the NFC Championship game against Washington, boy, if you're a Bengals fan, you're trying to figure out a way they can get it done because he is a game wrecker still just twenty five years old, awesome at rushing from the inside, and it was on full display along with what his teammates were doing in the Super Bowl against Kansas City a week ago.
Speaker 5: Travis Kelcey has been given thirty days by the Chiefs to decide, you know, are you gonna do it?
Speaker 6: Are you gonna get off the pot.
Speaker 5: He's thirty five years old, He's got three Super Bowl rings. Do you think that there is just naturally a I think there's human nature has a couple of ways that you can go with with a person like Travis, a player like Travis Kelcey. The one side of it says, you know, I got my three rings. I'm I'm kind of tired of getting beat up every week for any amount of money. Maybe I can. I'll be fine after I leave the football field. I've got lots of other interest in things I want to do, and there's also the hunger to win one more. What do you think is stronger for Travis Kelcey right now?
Speaker 14: I think more than anything, it's how effective of a player can he be? Because you're right, on one hand, he's accomplished everything in that sport. He is going to be in the Hall of Fame, and as screwed up as the Pro Football Hall of Fame voting process is, there are only a handful of players that I go, boy, that guy's in no doubt or first ballot Hall of Famer. I think his brother is going to be, and I think Travis Kelsey is going to be. And I think that's almost inarguable. He has accomplished everything you can as an individual player in the sport. He's obviously a three time super Bowl champion. I think he's going to take a real good hard look as to, okay, another year in how effective of a player I can be, because you know, Number one, statistically his production has waned. Number two, if you watch him, he's smaller than he used to be. Now that that might not mean that he, you know, can't still be an effective player, but is he okay maybe being more of a complimentary piece in an offense that kind of has to be remade right that On top of you know, do I want to put myself through all the things I'm going to have to do physically? Are there other things I want to get started doing? Right now? It seems like he's gonna have plenty of of opportunities. But I think with a guy like that, it's more a matter of can I continue to play at a high enough level. You Know, what I've learned about elite athletes is they, for the most part, especially if they have been a part of a winner, they don't want to just hang on right. They don't want to just be another guy.
Speaker 5: They don't want to just they don't they don't want to Willy Maze it right now.
Speaker 14: You know, it's it's it's one thing if if you've if you've never won a ring, and you're hanging on and you're willing to be a big part, you know, just for the sake of chasing that elusive championship. Yeah, that's not the case, Travis Kelsey. So I think it's going to be really, really interesting. I think he's fun for the NFL as a as a UC guy. There's a part of me that would like to see him sort of run it back because I just think he's an interesting personality in the league. But if he does decide to hang it up, he'll be in Canton in five years. And I think, again, that's almost an argument.
Speaker 5: Well, let's let's talk about Aaron Rodgers on that point. I mean, I thought that Aaron Rodgers was done two years ago, and he continued to garner the attention and every and I heard people saying, well, you know, his stats weren't that bad last year with the Jets, And I'm like, what, yeah, okay, stats, what what game were you watching? Is it finally do we finally get to not have to suffer with Aaron Rodgers through another season?
Speaker 14: My goodness, you know, getting inside Aaron rodgers head.
Speaker 9: Is good luck.
Speaker 6: Be careful, be very careful.
Speaker 14: You know you're right. If you just looked at the numbers, they actually look a lot like Patrick Mahomes numbers this year, right, which weren't obviously not terrible. You had to have watched him play, right, You had to have seen him this season and look, I mean he was he was on a broken team with you know, they they move on from the coach. I mean that that that season seemed doomed to fail from almost the beginning. You know, I think, number one, what's the market for Aaron Rodgers at this age? And what is the desire of a team to bring in Aaron Rodgers and lay the law down with him. Look, here's how it's going to be. We're not going to let you hand pick your offensive coordinator. That wasn't the case in New York. We're not going to let your hand pick some of your teammates who aren't any good anymore. That was the case in New York.
Speaker 9: We're not.
Speaker 14: We're not going to let you skip mandatory mini camp so you can go to Egypt. We don't have much of an interest on in you going on the Pat mac if he shout up to talk about things that have really little to do with football. And that's reportedly kind of the law the Jets laid down with the new coach and the new GM coming into New York in twenty twenty five. Hey, look, if we bring you back and we're not sure we're going to here, the conditions are going to have to meet. And my understanding, as Aaron Rodgers was unwilling to do that. And so is there a market out there for a guy who's forty two years old, who did have a very significant achilles injury, who hasn't had a really really, really really good year in quite a while, and who does seem to whether you like that beat or not marched by the beat of the zone drummer, I don't know. I don't know. Are there thirty two quarterbacks in the NFL right now better than Aaron Rodgers? You know you kind of have to ask that, can we bring in Aaron Rodgers? And you know that's the bridge to whoever's next because we can't get the quarterback we're looking for in the draft this year. I think as uninteresting as I think Rogers usually is, I think what happens with him now is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing where he ends up, if anywhere.
Speaker 5: Tea leaves and the Tea Leaves question is just very simple T Higgins question, Mark.
Speaker 14: Garret Jeff I think I think anybody who claims to know what's gonna happen is lying. I talked to this on my show yesterday. Two folks who cover this team in great detail, who are well sourced, have put out their divergent opinions on what they think is going to happen with T Higgins. We know what Joe Burrow wants. I think we know what T higgins preference is. I know what I want, which is I want T. Higgins to play for the Bengals next year because they do not subscribe to the belief that you can't make the team better and still keep him here. But we don't know what the Bengals want, and I don't think they're gonna tip their hand until we actually find out does he hit free agency? T Davis Tuesday. If they franchise tag him, he can't hit free agency. If they don't franchise tag him, get he can hit free agency, and at that point Bengals probably aren't going to be the highest bidder for.
Speaker 5: Services real quickly, and I'm not going to get overly emotional, even though it is very possible that could happen. You lost one of your biggest fans among the cat population yesterday. Suddenly, our beloved Brooksy passed away. And I never saw it because I'm obviously here.
Speaker 6: Doing the show.
Speaker 5: But my wife told me the very first time Brooksy heard you on the forty one Filco, he stood in front of that radio until you were done with our segment, and then he'd walk away. And every Saturday that Brooksy was awake, he was listening intently for some reason to everything you said. There was something about your voice that triggered our beloved cat dog. And all I can say is we will miss him. And uh, one of your biggest fans, sadly is gone.
Speaker 14: Well that's a dwindling pool as is so Uh, I was storry to hear that I've lost. I've lost pets before, and I know how much it sucks, and there's no other way to put it. I guess I don't get to achieve my goal of strapping a meter to Brooksy and getting Brooksy to listen to ESPN fifteen thirty in the afternoons. So well, the something.
Speaker 6: Else them is not an option at this point.
Speaker 9: Too bad.
Speaker 14: Well, I've gone through that man that Uh yeah, you know, we we put our one of our dogs down in October and we're still not over it.
Speaker 5: So I no, okay, Well listen, I have a fantastic weekend, and you too. Thank you, Mike Allen counselor how are you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm good. Brother.
Speaker 28: First of all, condolences from books it is. It's a family member, he was a family member. My buddy, my buddy, thank you. What's on the show today, Ah boy, I'll tell you what you know. It used to be threat to democracy.
Speaker 6: Now all you hear is constitutionals crisis. We're gonna play a pretty funny clip with that too. Uh.
Speaker 28: We're also going to do out more greatest hits from Doge Man. The hits just keep on coming with them and I still think they've only scratched the surface. Also going to talk about Senate Bill one, which puts the clamps on higher ed past. The Senate is headed for the Ohio House. Going to talk about that and also another really cool clip. Trump sticks at the CNN. I don't know if you saw it this week, he at the very envy as well. You know, that's why CNN has no credibility anymore. I like how he and the Vice President are sticking it to these reporters right there. The Associated Press has been thrown out of their White House press room.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's good. Oh, I think it's fantastic. It's about time, you know. I mean, these people aren't royalty or deities.
Speaker 28: You know, if they say something that honks you off, you ought to say something.
Speaker 5: I mean, do you think that the old Soviet Union would let the New York Post in the in a press conference with the premiere?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: No, and that's exactly what's happening. We've kicked PROVDA out of the press room. About time. Yeah, Mike Allen, Saturday midday, just before Xavier basketball and no after the show show today we're taking off of the bar. Uh and uh just kind of an enjoying a day at home to recoup.
Speaker 6: See you next time. Seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 19: It's a Saturday slammoth on jump shot good. The basketball bear Cats clash with the Cyclones.
Speaker 6: In fantasy out there with the left hand lail, can.
Speaker 19: You see handle Iowa State on the hardwood, how are you kind of good? And find out when you get the call live today at three point thirty on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: At First Date Bank.
Speaker 10: We believe in treating people well and we've been doing just that since eighteen eighty four.
Speaker 6: While lots of things