Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner.
Speaker 2: Clurk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: Dot Itty best overall?
Speaker 5: Miss dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 4: Ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, Tim Kiss.
Speaker 7: Hi everybody, and good morning. Welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. You're a world champion. Dodgers thirty four and twenty one on the season, sitting alone a top first place in the NL West. Well after dropping two of three in New York to start this road trip, the Dodgers now taken two straight in Cleveland and today a chance for a sweep of the Guardians before they return home. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, the future Hall of Famer first pitch from Progressive Field in Cleveland is set for ten to ten this morning. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you are going to hear from Dodger insider David Vase. He'll go one on one with Dino Ebel. We got your Dodger manager Dave Roberts that we'll check in with in about twenty minutes. Your Dodgers' magical moment in thirty minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Sports and LA's Kirsten Watson live on the field in Cleveland. In just a few minutes, we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neffett and Rick monday Well. Last night in Cleveland, the Dodgers offense delivered for a second straight win over the Guardians. Dustin May got the start, the right hander win five innans, all have three runs on four hits while striking out nine along the way, and Dustin May got plenty of run support to go along the way. Andy Pie has got its larded in the second with an RBI single, Then Dalton Rushing got into the.
Speaker 6: Fun runners lead first and third, nobody out and the two pitch to Rushing. He swings and lines it in the center for a base. Et Pot has will come into score and the Dodgers lead it two to nothing, and.
Speaker 2: That was it ninety six. So he did try and sneak that fast ball pass team and for rushing, we've noticed really in spring trending that Dalton rushing handles that ball. This elevated exceptionally well and that was the heater hit it right to center field.
Speaker 7: Dalton rushing with the heater back up the middle, Andy Pot has scored Dodgers up two to nothing. In the fourth, they doubled their lead thanks to show hey Otani at his two run home run, his twentieth of the year. Don't look now, but he's ahead of pace for where he was in twenty twenty four. The Guardians would get back three in the bottom half of the fourth, and it was a one run game all the way till the sixth when Michael canfordo, let's face it.
Speaker 1: He has struggled this year, but not yesterday.
Speaker 6: Gottis puts his glove up in front of his bearded face. Now the pitch swung out of this one's well hit the center field, headed back toward the bullpens.
Speaker 5: It is going a home run.
Speaker 6: Michael Conforto with a solo homer and the Dodgers now with a five.
Speaker 5: To three lead.
Speaker 6: For Confordo his third home run of the year.
Speaker 7: Michael Confordo goes deep. Maybe he's starting to heat up. Conforto yesterday goes two for three with the home run on pace three times with the walk. The Dodgers would pile on more runs in the eighth, Max Munsey's swinging that silver Hammler and the ninth and he with a three run home run. Dodgers go up nine to three, but then Luis Garcia ended up giving two in the bottom half of the ninth, with the Dodgers were up big at that point. They go on and beat the Guardians nine to five. Dustin May has now won two starts in a row. He improves to three to four on this season. What about Jack Dryer and benkus Sperry's They combined for three shutout innings and three strikeouts in relief. The two young bullpen arms can continue to lock down upon its as the Dodgers get the winner. Now thirty four and twenty one on this season, They've won two straight in Cleveland, and they look to close out the Guardians today with Clayton Kershaw on the mound first pitch of ten ten and with more we head out to the Gaping Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 5: Thanks Tim.
Speaker 6: Overcast day, a little bit of precipitation in the area with the Dodgers and Guardians expecting it on time. Start here at Progressive Field in game three of this three game series. Dodgers have taken the first two and last night a nine to five win. As show Hey Otani, Michael Confordo and Max Munsey all hit home runs, Monthsey a three run blast in the ninth inning. Otani got his twentieth back in the fourth, and he was the first major leaguer to get to twenty. In fact, we look at his pace mope as Otani gets set the lead off here today. It took him seventy two games last year to get to twenty home runs. It's taken him only fifty five this year.
Speaker 2: Well, and you and I are both just dumbfounded at times on how pitching staffs are just going to continue to challenge him and that they believe they can win the battle. That has not been the case, and we have not seen people that understand, Hey, look, it might not be a bad idea to pitch around him. But then you look at the rest of the lineup too, they've been able to deliver. In fact, on this road trip, the Dodgers eight for eighteen in this series with runners in scoring position, and on the trip, even though they not won every ball game, they're still hitting over three point thirty as a team with opportunity to score. Speaking of that, you mentioned the rain. You and I were both talking off air. This is the perfect incentive to score early in case the rains arrive here a little bit earlier. Put some runs up on the board, and then hey, if you do have a rain delay, if it's an official game, jump on the plane, go back there.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, talk to the skipper Dave Roberts just a little while ago about that. I said, what are they telling you? He said, between one and three to three third the Eastern time should be a good enough window to get the game in. If they have to put the tarpon, then they'd wait an hour today and.
Speaker 5: Decide what to do.
Speaker 6: So that's kind of where we are right now. The ground screw has done a good job getting this field prepared for an on time start. There was a little bit of a sprinkle this morning, some rain earlier this morning. It's very overcast here, but it looks like we will have a window to get this ball game in and that is great news because the Dodgers don't want to have to come back here for a single game anytime.
Speaker 5: This is no they do not.
Speaker 2: And for the ground screw, yeah, they've been very busy. We've seen fog here earlier today on top of it. So it's kind of where those days a good day for a duck possibly and for the Dodgers, they would like to have it as a good day for a victory.
Speaker 6: So a little change in the lineup with the left hander going. Kolby Allard is going to start this one. It's a change for Steven votes Guardian so Allard, the lefty who is normally in the bullpen. He's a former first round draft choice, been with a couple of other ball clubs, was signed as a minor league free agent. He'll go and that means that te Oscar Hernandez will move up a spot, get the right hander in the third spot in the order. Freddie freemanle bat fourth yeah.
Speaker 2: And for Kick a Hernantis, he will start at third base and Miguel Rojas is going to be at second. Tommy Edmund also returns the lineup Peel patrol center field. That moves a pahees over to left field. On top of that, Will Smith also back in the ball game. By the way, quick note on Will Smith. The last fourteen games, the Dodger Kencher is hitting at a three ninety pace. He's been very, very high.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw continues his quest for three thousand strikeouts. He is just twenty nine away and he makes the start against Colby Allard and the Guardians this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Temper all right, thank you guys, as we cut you down the first pitch on this Wednesday morning.
Speaker 1: Dodger fans, get your game.
Speaker 7: Day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor or are your Shaky's Pizza jackin and mojos right now at shakeys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: That's coming up in about ten minutes. David Veasts will check in throughout the show.
Speaker 7: Who go one on one with Dino Ebel we'll dave deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you're Otani, you rewind and we'll check in with Sports and Net LA's Kirston Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Wednesday morning.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Noway, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Guardians. Clayton Kershaw, Kobe Allard. The pitching matchup to left handers. Going at it one, a future Hall of Famer won a left hander from San Clementi.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at ten ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani Rewinde lead off home runs in back to back games in New York and here yesterday.
Speaker 5: He swings it's a.
Speaker 6: High fly ball to left in Deep Kwan. Going backs to the track, he looks up Hip boskon a home run. It's number twenty for all Tony and his show just continues to roll. He is unbelievable. An opposite field home run for show. Hey O'tani the major league leader in home runs the first to twenty long balls this season, and the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Lead it Ford and up a show.
Speaker 7: Hey, O'tani goes deep last night, home run number twenty. He was one for three with two walks, on base three times, scored twice. O'tani the third player in Dodger history to reach at least twenty home runs in the team's first fifty five games. He joins Gil Hodges and Cody Bellinger as the other two Dodgers to do that.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey, Kirsten now joins us from Cleveland. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call he seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. The last twenty four hours, Kearrisen, we kept hearing about the weather. The weather is coming and the rain is coming.
Speaker 1: What is the latest?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, There was a lot of concern of are we gonna be making a feme up tomorrow? Are we coming back later in the season like in July when the team plays in Cincinnati and there's had audit before Tampa. There are all these scenarios going around, but as of right now, we're in the clear. There's looking like there's like a window essentially from now until four o'clock. So that's great for us. It's great for Clayton Kershaw who can finally have a normal start. But right now things look good. It's gonna be an on time start, and we're just gonna keep hoping and praying that rain does not come. We might have a little bit of a drizzles that I'm hearing, maybe that's towards the back end of the game, but we're hoping we can be in and out of here, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: Clayton Kershaw last time he got the start, also bad weather in New York. He only went the two innings before they had the ninety eight minute rain delay. I know Cursh is anxious to get out there and get this game in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: He's been funny all week on. It's just because, of course, has had his eye on the weather and just like you and I, it's always been hearing about for today, is it going to be is it gonna be delayed? Are they gonna what do they coin to do? And he was like, man, what's straw did eye pull? They have to deal with all these weather outings. But so for him book Dave was saying that he was at least really pleased with what he saw even in that shorter outing due to weather. So hopefully, you know, this can be just a normal outing for him today. The stuff has been in a really good spot continuing to kind of have that command and control of the game. They would like him to be efficient for just the ensuing weather that could be coming. So hopefully you can go out there, have a really strong outing and kind of just get himself also back on track with more of a traditional game today.
Speaker 7: How anxious is this team to get this game over with, get back home with this big home stand in front of him?
Speaker 8: Hereson, Yeah, I mean, when you think about whether it's just weather, East Coast trimps are always a hard one, the newfound midges that we did not know about here in Cleveland, I can confidently say that guys are very excited to get home. But also, like you've said, like it's a big series against the Yankees this weekend, guys are already talking about it. Even though I was talking to Landon, Nax is going to have the start on Saturday, I believe, and for him, just you was already kind of referring to like the last time when the Yankees were in Los Angeles when Aaron Judge landing to the fence in the outfield and kind of mess up his toe, and so like the fact that they're already like just talking about those moments, you can tell that, yeah, there's a buzz. Also show hand Tani's going to take part in a live VP at Dodger Stadium, which I think as much as it's not it's not the real thing just yet, but just the fact that he's going to be on the mount at Dodger Stadium, I mean, there's a lot to look forward to over the weekend just in general.
Speaker 7: No doubt it's gonna be an exciting homestead coming up. But that's then. First things first, Dodgers need to take care of business and close out the Guardians today in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Christen. We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 7: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vat sag goes one all while a Dino evil, but up next to your injury report. Hey, we hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Guardians on this Wednesday morning, first pitch of ten ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kasi is the world champion.
Speaker 7: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season log.
Speaker 7: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you out to the first pitch on this Wednesday morning, Dodgers and Guardians, Marongo Casino Resort and spot a grand slam of four good times. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, first pitch from Progressive Field, coming up at ten ten.
Speaker 3: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 7: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Rookie Sasaki on the IL. Kirby Yates bothered by the right hamstring strain. Evan Phillips on the IL with the sort right forearm. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell also on the IL with the shoulder inflammation. Michael Kopex in Oklahoma City. There's a couple of minor league rehab assignments underneath his belt. He was trending in the right direction, possibly a return for Michael Kopek and the next homestand all right, let's ted back out to Cleveland and checking out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 5: The questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 10: I think early we should be fine, and then there might be something light as far as some weather, and then later on the afternoon it starts to pick up. So hopefully we start on time and get as many get as much of this game played as possible.
Speaker 8: With Kershoff, of course, his last outing was shortened due to weather. What are you looking to see from him today? And does it pose it as a challenge just knowing that weather could potentially play in this one as.
Speaker 10: Well A little bit. I know he was a little kind of making jokes about him pitching again with weather looming. But I think today for me, the other day when he had the abbreviated start, I thought this stuff was good, albeit at short two innings. Just more of what he's done, I think the stuff has been good. Just the command just to continue to harness that command, which I think he's very mindful of today and you know, go as long as he can.
Speaker 9: How much does he had to like adapt the way he attacks hitters, especially just with where his stuff is at right now, even when it is kind of playing a kind of relative to where he's at, But as he had to change the way he goes after guys, you know, even compared to the last couple of years.
Speaker 10: You know what he over the last couple of years, I think that he's been mindful of that. And also hitters nowadays are very in tune with game planning and tendencies, So I think that in itself calls for pitchers to kind of change the game plan. I do think that clayton'still one more change ups recently, I think the curveball introduced a little bit more or using the other side of the plate and just trying not to be as predictable. So he's certainly mindful of that. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: All Right, there's the manager Dave Roberts' pregame thoughts. So we continue here on Wrongco Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: We'll check in with the David V.
Speaker 7: Say as we leads up to first pitch from Cleveland Dodgers and Guardians on this Wednesday morning. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio notwork.
Speaker 5: As we were saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Guardians. Clayton Kershaw Kobe Aller.
Speaker 1: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Kobe a left hander out of San Clementia High School, first pitch from Progressive Field.
Speaker 1: The Cleveland is coming up at ten.
Speaker 3: Ten joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 7: All right, DV Dodgers wrapping up this series Progressive Field. They've won the first two games last night. Last night it was Michael CONFORDO and Max Munsey delivering for the Dodgers. What do you think maybe he's the wild card or the guy or what could deliver today in Cleveland?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be the Cleveland grounds crew.
Speaker 11: They are the wildcard today because of their quick trigger to pull the tarp when no rain is falling down two hours in advance of rain. That's what took place two years ago. The last time the Dodgers were in Cleveland, and let's not forget the World Series where the Cubs won that Game seven. It was the Cleveland grounds crew that pulled the tarp prematurely to give the Cubs the chance to regroup and stop their home team momentum. So yeah, that's the wildcard today. Tim, the head grounds crew guy out there in Cleveland, has been there a very long time. He has a reputation that is not spotless as far as judgment calls when it comes to pulling the tarp. So yeah, they are the wildcard today. With rain circling around that stadium.
Speaker 7: David has driven by Ford It there's one thing we like. It's choices fine yours With the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called F one fifty. Clayton Kershaw has accomplished a lot in his career, David, Why does he keep.
Speaker 1: Going at the age of thirty seven.
Speaker 11: It's not to chase three thousand strikeouts. He has been adamant about that with me a couple of different times. He's only twenty nine strikeouts away from three thousand in his career.
Speaker 5: But what really keeps him going?
Speaker 11: And I know this sounds cliche, but part of it is his younger kids haven't seen him pitch, so he wants to keep going. So you know, his middle son, Cooper gets to see him going. Charlie, his oldest son, loves to be around the ballpark, loves to watch him pitches into baseball. So that's part of the motivating factor. And also, you know, there would be a certain sense of fomo for Kershaw if he hung it up and this very talented Dodger team went on to win back to back World Series championships. And the one thing that he really pointed out to me, Tim was that he didn't want injuries to take him out of the game. He didn't want his shoulder, his knee, his foot to send him into retirement.
Speaker 5: He wants to do that on his own.
Speaker 11: He even told me, if I get racked for eight runs every start and that sends me into retirement, I could live with that more than injuries sending me into retirement, Dave.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, Michael Confordo mentioned it, him and Max Munsey both going deep and helping the Dodgers get the win over the Guardians.
Speaker 1: Can he keep it going?
Speaker 11: I think today's going to be a test and moving forward, because yesterday it seemed like a weight had been lifted off Conford's shoulders. You guys had talked about the first home run since April fifth. It was also his first extra base hit since May fifteenth. So let's see if he can keep this going, and let's see if we could change the narrative from Dodger broadcasters that he's hitting the ball hard to actually getting hits.
Speaker 7: All right, David, appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by six Anita Park. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts. Get on track for the Belmont Day Wine Festival, Father's Day on closing day. Yeah, experience Santa Anita dot Com slash event still to come here.
Speaker 1: On Dodgers on Deck, DV goes one on one with Dino Ebel, Dodgers' third base coach.
Speaker 7: Will dive deeper into this pitchy matchup with the Battle of Leftanders of next Oh, your Dodgers magical moment. We're leading up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Wednesday morning, final game of this three game set, final game of this six game East.
Speaker 1: Coast road trip.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's Dodgers and Guardians. Clayton Kershaw on the mound. Second start for Clayton on this road trip. You got to start on Friday night, but only with two Indians because of weather. Weather it could be an issue throughout this game in Cleveland for pitch set for ten ten.
Speaker 11: I know it's not a.
Speaker 5: Ball game without a hot dog. Who wants a hot cot?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfy Magical moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: Well, we go back to June fourteenth, twenty seventeen, Dodgers in Cleveland taking on the Guardians, a night after beating Andrew Miller, one of the All Star relievers for the Guardians. The Dodgers for the second straight day got to him.
Speaker 5: Miller out of the stretch and the pinch fly ball right field, heading back at the wall.
Speaker 12: It's carrying and it's gone a pinch at home run for Kei k Hernandez on consecutive nights. Miller gives up a lightening home run and the Dodgers take a three to two lead.
Speaker 1: Key Ky Hernandez goes deep in the eighth.
Speaker 7: The break open at two to two, tie the Dodgers in the eighth, and he would score four runs off of Andrew Miller and the Cleveland Bull fenn Is. The Dodgers beat the Guardian six to four. Back on June fourteenth, twenty seventeen, Justin Fields got the win. Kenlle Jansen got the save in that game. The Safeie Magical Moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offey hot Dogs Local and sob Right. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back in on Rick Monday. We're leading up to first pitch from Cleveland on this Wednesday morning, Dodgers and Guardians. I'm Tim Kasy's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dech on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 7: Law Dodgers and Guardians from Cleveland in Ohio. Clayton Kershaw Kobe Aller. The pitching matchup. Allard Leftander out of San Clemente High School, first pitch coming up at ten.
Speaker 3: Ten and now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers looking to sweep this series and come home on a happy flight.
Speaker 2: And hopefully an early flight. There was the threat of rain. In fact, yesterday they were contemplating would the game start earlier or would it start later. Well, the weather man is saying that there is a window of opportunity. It's not raining the present time. Earlier this morning it was that has stopped. At the present time, We've had some fog that came in. Yesterday was the anniversary of oil Canvoyd saying, with the fog density, what do you expect when you build a ballpark on the ocean. But that obviously it's it's lick erie. So anyway, by the way, you have some splaining to do, because we got into a discussion yesterday about the valley. You grew up on the north side of the Santa Manca Mountains. I grew up on the south side of the Santa Manca Mountains. I'm not going to give away the city that you live in, but it seems you could give it right now. No, well, you know the mayor Woodland Hills, by the way, you have a lovely family. They're not too pleased that you happen to be there individually. But there are some other cities that you said were not part of the valley that I'm seeing on this map that are part of the valley, including West Hills, Border Ranch, cor not A Hills, Silmar, Lakeview Terrace, Pacoimas, Sunland that is north Ridge.
Speaker 5: Those are all part of the San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 11: I was setting the record straight that high schools like saugust Hart High School not part of the San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, sill Mar is also part of that too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Silmar's part of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for sure. I'll give you a tour one day. Would you like to do a San Fernando Valley tour?
Speaker 2: I would love to, but I actually I've had it before. My grandparents lived for a long time in Sunland.
Speaker 11: I guess the one dodger that made the San Fernando Valley popular Rick is Don Drysdale from Van Eyes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, and that was one of the early ones. And then you know, that's really a dream when you grew up in an area and then you wind up not only playing for the local team, but being a Hall of Fame player for the local team on top of it. But you're absolutely right, the big d of a local product.
Speaker 5: What made Don Drysdale so special.
Speaker 11: I feel like, obviously everybody bows at the altar of Sandy Kofax, and rightfully so. But sometimes Drysdale, as we get further away from his playing career, is a little overshadowed by how great Cofax was.
Speaker 2: Well, he may have been overshadowed, he was never unappreciated from that standpoint. I've told the story before, I'll glance over it again. When Tommy Lissorta was trying to sign me. Tommy was a scout back then when I was at Santa Monica High School, invited to play tryouts for the Dodger rookie team, and Tommy was the manager of that team, and we went around he tried to sign me, and one of the nights he took my mother and I My mom a single parent, to die Stadium and we went. He took me down into the locker room. I met a couple of different guys, and he asked my mother. He said, look, is there anything that you really like to have? She said, yes, is there possible that I could get the autograph of Sandy Kofax and Don Drysdale. So she had both of them, and in the consequent years that it went along and went along. My mother then moved up to Reno, Nevada. Somewhere into that movement, she lost the photo that had been signed by Don Drysdale. Somehow, some way, Don found out about that, and one day in the press box, Don said, hey, you have a second I said absolutely, And I really admired the man to begin with, and he said, I understand that your mother lost an autograph that I gave to you years and years ago. I said, yes, that's true. In the transition, he goes, here's a baseball, and he had written it. He found out my mother's name, He put the signature on this baseball. So when I think of Don Drysdale, I think from a personal standpoint in what he meant to my family and what he meant to my mother. And when I gave my mom that baseball that had been signed. She had tears in her eyes. So it was just one of those special things. Don was not only a very good baseball player, terrific announcer, very bright guy on top of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you guys share something that not too many broadcasters are able to do. Rick, you both played and are not just analysts but play by play radio and TV broadcasters. Not too many former players are able to do that.
Speaker 2: No, and Don took it to heart on being able to do that. He loved the game of baseball and the people in and on top of it. And there's a special place in history, remember too, is that Don drives the own Sandy Kofax. They tanned them, held out for a better contract one year. I mean they went arm at arm and they understood exactly the importance that they presented to the Dodgers in their starting rotation.
Speaker 11: A whopping one hundred thousand dollars they signed for after Is that all out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some kind of a bargain. Yeah, if you look at it in modern day times. Yes, I don't know what that equates to in today's dollars, but it was still significantly below I think what the premium players are drawing right now as far as pitchers.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you know the game's changed a little bit. Look at the complete games that they pitched.
Speaker 11: Also, yeah, no doubt, I mean three hundred innings was a bare minimum for those type of guys.
Speaker 3: HM.
Speaker 11: Rick, can't wait to see you on Friday when the Dodgers returned home to have the Yankees at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: Look forward to that as well.
Speaker 2: Hi, I look forward to the private tour of the valley with you.
Speaker 11: We'll do it, Rick, I'll take you to Tommy's in get you a chili Berger too.
Speaker 3: Sounds great.
Speaker 2: Let's do it all.
Speaker 5: Right, we'll send it back to you Tim.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 7: That's a Dodgers game plan brought to you by California Community College. You got Mission College, you got Pierce College, got Elliott Valley College, you got Glendale College, all in the San Fernando Valley financial lay to be able to help you with tuition books sometimes even the rent time to take the next big step. Classes can fill up quickly. So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. We'll get you the keys of the game. But I'm next high and tight with Dino Ebel, Dodger third base coach. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Guardians Clayton Kershaw on the Metal Dot Deeper.
Speaker 1: This pitching matchup coming up Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Bought to you by Zench Sushi, hand crafted, quick, affordable meal the whole family could enjoy on game day, made fresh onside daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. They got them all spicy tuna rolls, tuna rolls, salmon rolls, timper shrimp rolls, and of course my favorite, Colin E's favorite, the mango crunchy dragon roll.
Speaker 1: They got Poke bowls as well as. For David Vesse. Find Zen She near the deli counter at Ralphs.
Speaker 7: Zen She handcrafts and sushi always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: We're joining right now by one of In fact, you know what, I'm gonna take that back. The best third base coaching all a Major League Baseball. I don't want to disrespect him, and that is the one and only Dino Ebel.
Speaker 5: Dino, thanks a lot.
Speaker 11: For the time, and I'm sorry for that mistake.
Speaker 4: Always, Dave, thank you. Thank you for that, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: You do so much homework before the game's deno you even start to look at the analytical things as far as probability. I'm not sure people realize how much work goes into being prepared at third base.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just part of it. Again. It's uh, you know, back in the day when I first started this.
Speaker 13: We just did a lot of video, a lot of eyes in field outfield.
Speaker 4: I have to stay out and watch these guys do their throwing.
Speaker 13: But with the help now upstairs sending down analytical stuff, it gives me outprobabilities, percentages, fast runner, below average runner, plus runner.
Speaker 4: The speed of the outfielder, the arm.
Speaker 13: So all that is involved in my decision making before we start a series.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I love it.
Speaker 13: It's the game is evolving to that in h and in the ability to give me more information to help me make decisions. And again, the heartbeat is the heartbeat my eyes. In the game, I might see something that guy goes to his left or right, or the grass slows it down. Those are you know, the situation of the scoreboard, the innings, all that plays a part of it when I make that decision. But yes, you're right, it's just not standing out at third and just telling the runner to stop and go. There's always a process behind the decision that I make.
Speaker 11: What about checking in with the player each and every day. I mean, certainly certain guys are banged up more than others on certain days. How much of the communication before the game happens.
Speaker 4: That That is a great question, and that's huge for me.
Speaker 13: The trainers usually come up and give me a little alert that hey, so and so today's legs are tight and that, and that comes into consideration late in the game. Now, you know, there might be a play late in the game and I stop a runner, and then you know, I have to hear maybe and I you know, again, the fans or fans and I love him, They might say, why didn't Dino, send him. They don't know what happens before games and what information I have that's between me and the players. And again, long, i'd rather have a player not you know, send a guy and he scores or he's out, or lose him for two weeks or three weeks because his legs are bothering him and I had to send him. That's just part of the process and I get it. So Yes, that's a huge part of being a third base coach, knowing who's good and who's you know so so.
Speaker 3: For that day.
Speaker 11: The game never gets too fast on Dino Ebol Dodgers' third base coach. You this year are the outfield coach for the Dodgers. You've put in a lot of time with Andy Pajs. What can you say about his work ethic to get better and to be the player that he is today.
Speaker 13: Well, I think it's the credit goes to Andy because he is he has a routine. Now, he's understanding the process of coming out every day and trying to I tell him take away hits, because they're going to take away you know, his hits. When he hits the line drive, somebody dives and takes away hit where you, you know, get a little mad about that and go take somebody else's hits. And that's what he's doing. Andy's a great athlete. He's young, he's got great ability for this game. I mean, he's, for me right now, one of the best outfielders in the game. Everybody knows now he's a power arm in the outfield. So he has put a lot of time into this. He wants to be the best. I think his goals he won't tell me, but I'm pretty sure he wants to be an All Star and that's that is a great goal. And you know, being in a World Series game, that experience he had last year, confidence.
Speaker 4: And just motivating him.
Speaker 13: And he wants to hear the bad too, So when he makes mistakes, he comes to me right.
Speaker 4: Away and we try to correct it. So a lot of credit goes to Andy on the performance that he's doing so far this year.
Speaker 11: Do you know fear to say you issued a challenge and he accepted the challenge absolutely.
Speaker 4: This guy wants to be challenged.
Speaker 13: He doesn't like today, you know, he has an off day, but he still got in his work.
Speaker 4: So he's going to be ready if Dave needs him late in the game.
Speaker 13: He knows that, Hey, anything that he can do to help the team win, he's all in. But I tell you what, working with him, you know last year and years before, I'm the infield guy. Now being in the outfield, and give credit to Tail. Tails took him under his wing. They talk all the time. Everybody sees it. So again the credit goes to the players. I'm just there for a little bit of background and if he needs help, I'm there to help.
Speaker 11: Dodger's third base coach Diino Eble is our guest. Pretty soon, he's going to be referred to as Brady Eble's dad because Brady certainly has made a name for himself in high school baseball and is going to be eligible for the major league draft coming up in July.
Speaker 5: Where are things that with Brady? How as a dad are you handling all this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 13: It's the first time I've gone through this process, and it's day to day now. Brady's going through a lot of stuff. One finished high school and two to get better and then you know, you look forward.
Speaker 4: To the major league drafts. So he's excited. You know, everyone knows he's committed.
Speaker 13: To the LSU, which is a great baseball but I know my sons.
Speaker 4: They live in brief baseball. They love the game, and when that day comes.
Speaker 13: July thirteenth, I don't know if Dad is going to be nervous. I think just more anxious and more excited. You know, we live the game and I'm prepared for it whatever which way he decides to go, but it'll be It's going to be an exciting day for the Evil family.
Speaker 11: You and your wife Shannon have got to be really proud of both Trey and Brady the way they've handled so much attention.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, and I think they're more advanced seventeen sixteen year olds growing up in the major league clubhouse and being around these athletes, elite players, going back to the Angels and Dodgers. They've learned so much and you can see it. I can see it when I step back and watch them when they're working with Mooki or Rojas or Kei k or Freddie Freeman. They're down watching them ahead and taking ground balls. I just sit back as a dad and enjoy it because there's nothing better for me to have player to player.
Speaker 4: Relationship and them learning from the best players in the world at this level.
Speaker 13: And their age. That's why I think it's going to be exciting on July thirteenth to see.
Speaker 4: Where Brady goes.
Speaker 11: All right, Dino, thanks a lot for the time we refer to you as the Dodgers third base coach today. But maybe next time Brady's dad.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: I hope, so, I hope he.
Speaker 13: I'm pulling for Brady and Trey next year he's going to be involved, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: He's the best, best dad, best third base coach, Dino Ebol, and he'll receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan Canaan's world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. This is a Canaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you, all.
Speaker 7: Right, Thanks a lot of dv Thanks a lot, Dino. As a Dodgers get ready to take on the Guardians, finish off this three game sweep.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball's brought to you.
Speaker 7: By Shaky's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day, it's shaky dot com. Well lead, you have to first pitch from Cleveland Dodgers and Guardians up.
Speaker 1: Next, we'll break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Low Sangels Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long Law.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Guardians from Cleveland. Final game of the three game set. First pitch coming up at ten ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Hes it about your Southern California Toyota dealers, work hard and playhard at a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bull See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Kobe Allard on the mound for the Guardians. Twenty seven year old left hander, first round pick of the Braves back in twenty fifteen out of San Clementi High School, making his Major League debut in twenty eighteen with the Braves, then bounced around to the Rangers, back to the Braves. The Phillies last year and now with the Guardians, where he signed in the offseason. It's been up and down from Triple A. Making his eighth appearance this season with Cleveland, his first start. He'll be the opener. It's a bullpen game for the Guardians. Last time out, well, it wasn't. Back on Monday May nineteenth, he went won inning, one run, three hits, one walk, one strikeout in relief against the Twins. Clayton and Kershaw on the mound. The thirty seven year old in his eighteenth season in the big leagues, all with the Dodgers. Making his third start this season last time out just two innings against the Mets.
Speaker 1: That game was.
Speaker 7: Halted for ninety eight minutes because of a rain delay. He did not go back after the rain delay, so he is fresh and ready to go. The future Hall of Famer just twenty nine strikeouts away from becoming the twentieth hurler in Major League Baseball history to get to three thousand strikeouts, currently rings twenty first all time, just eight behind former teammate Zach Grank About that, Kershaw want to oh the three seventy nine ERA in four starts against the Dodgers against the Guardians. He's also pitched there by the way progressive field back in the All Star Game twenty nineteen. Clayton Kershaw Kobe Allard Dodgers Guardians were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 1: Keys of the game.
Speaker 7: Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball Dodgers Guardians.
Speaker 7: Final game of this three game sent Dodgers looking for a happy flight as Dave Roberts likes to stay back home. Clayton Kershaw on the Mount. Kobe Allard from San Clementia High School will be the opener for the Guardians, first pitch coming up at ten ten. Before that, though, we head back out to the booth one final time for the Keys of the game, Tim Neverett, Rickmunday.
Speaker 6: Tim, thanks again, we count you down to the first pitch here Today the third and final game, Dodgers going for a three game sweep over the Guardians. Clayton Kershaw will make the start, his third of the season, twenty nine strikeouts away for three thousand and for Kershaw, He's added the splitter this year to his repertoire. So he's got the fastball, the curveball, a really good slider. The fastball velocity down a little bit, but the splitter kind of offsets that some much. You'll throw that maybe seven eight percent of the time.
Speaker 2: I think it's a really a good pitch for him to have tim And here's why. The disparity in velocity. And we've seen a drop off of velocity in the last three years. So far this season obviously limited action, but the velocity averages just below ninety. So if you throw the splitter, that makes the fastball from a perception standpoint to the hitters a little bit better as far as the velocity. Perceive velocity, if you will. And that slider, we've seen the devastation. It can really cause some havoc. And if we look at this lineup for the Guardians today, they have three switch hitters batting in a row within two lefties, so he's going to be looking at five different left handed batters and that slider can really be problematic.
Speaker 6: Right hander Slade so Coni was supposed to pitch, but he has a bit of a groin issue, so they pushed him back and they have elected to have Colby Allard come out of the Guardian's bullpen. Now, he is a long man, and he has pitched as many as six innings in a game this season, so I wouldn't necessarily call this an opener situation. He could go five, maybe six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan, a fastball away from hitters has worked out really well for Allard. He's spent two different stints with the Atlanta He's been with the Texas Rangers for four, the Phillies last year, and for Allard a very low el in the seven relief appearances, just one point five.
Speaker 6: Getting set for the start of this one in Cleveland, Clayton Kershaw against Colby Allard, Dodgers looking for their third straight win over the Guardians this afternoon, Tim, all.
Speaker 7: Right, thank you guys. First bitches. Next, don't forget David Matt Saints got you covered. All the postgame festivities, highlights, postgame reaction, and of course Dodger talk is well. When this one is over, Dodgers looking to finish off this road trip on a witty note. Clayton Kersh on the mound, Dodgers Guardians enjoy it. I'm Tim Kasey's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network