Speaker 1: So please have this conversation. Welcome to the fifty five carssee morning show, doctor Stanley ka Ridgeley. He's a clinical full professor of Strategic Management at Directional University, holds a doctor and master's in International International Relations and Security from Duke University and an International MBA from Temple U. Russian language linguist and former military intelligence officer and author of a book we're talking about today, d EI exposed how the biggest con of the century almost toppled higher education. Doctor Ridgeley, Welcome to the fifty five carsy morning. So it's a real pleasure to have you on this morning.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, the pleasures, Aline Brian, I appreciate it. Got a cup of job on my hand. I'm ready to talk Todi.
Speaker 1: All right, we're both java equipped. Good thing to have at this time of morning. Now, you know, part of me wants to think that this DEI and just by way of context, you know how old I am. I'm fifty nine years old. So this didn't exist up until almost you know, historically recently, and then all of a sudden, everybody's created a DEI department. College, universities, corporations have had this shoved down their throats, and part of me wants to conclude and maybe you can answer the question for me. This is made of This is just like a whole cloth creation designed to provide jobs for people who went to college and got worthless degrees in social justice. I mean, is that better?
Speaker 2: You know? I tell you what. That pretty much strips away the facade of DEDI. These are really skillless individuals who managed to get onto the university campus. And lord knows how they managed to do that, but they did it. They're the big con that I talk about in DEI exposed. These are folks with indeed worthless degrees and their work that they like to say they're doing the work of justice and that kind of thing. It's really basically just coercing people to believe a kind of a make believe world of the United States as a racist institution, you know, a racist country, and the colleges universities are somehow riven with white supremacy culture. It's a fraud, it's and it's a real injustice to our students to have admitted these people onto the campuses to perpetuate this nonsense.
Speaker 1: Well, and one of the beautiful things about the Trump administration say what you might or will about Donald Trump's administration, But the Department of Government Efficiency has revealed and shown to the American people how many billions of dollars are being shoved into college universities, largely in support of dei initiatives, as American taxpayer money used to indoctor and need college students.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why the left is so screaming, because they're being pulled off the teat of government support for these Naxi City he They have now have to deal with accountability and transparency, the kinds of thing that you and I have to deal with all the time with respect to the work. These folks want no strings attached money to perpetuate their ideology. They're being called out, and they're being called out in a way that universities understand. Funding and bad publicity. These are the only two things that can get a university to reform itself in university and higher education, and they've been lacking oversight for far too long. For instance, Harvard, you know you've got Harvard, which is you know they've been calling for, uh, this noble opposition to the Trump administration. But who runs Harvard? Well, it's the billionaire Penny Pritsker at the head of the Harvard Corporation with her fellow billionaire Bitty Madison and Bitty Martin. I'm sorry, and and these are these these are the oligarchs, the billionaire oligarchs that the left is always talking about, and they're in control of Harvard. And we don't we don't ever hear that. All we see is the President Garber standing up for academic freedom and freedom of speech. This is this is absurd. It's just a fraud.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's dive into motive. Now I can see. I mean, the useful idiots in the world. They don't do any thoughtful, logical, reasonable analysis of this. They don't understand how damaging to the American economy the removal of meritocracy is going to be. But if you're a billionaire billionaire like Pritzker, what what what's your what? What interest in this do you have? Why would you be pushing this and pressing this into say Harvard, do you university?
Speaker 2: Well? I think is this the fact of that that it's a money machine. When you look at it, it's basically drafting taking taxpayer money. You've got a fifty three billion dollar untaxed endowment. Aside from the one point one point seven percent one point four percent of a tax, which is the pittance. You've got this nine billion dollars of investment slash grant money from the United States government that is, no strings attached, no oversight, and you've got this uh, this hubrist that attaches to the Harvard name. And so you've got these billionaires that are there's there's thirteen members of the Harvard Corporation. Pritzker is the head of this corporation and they're they're basically is by the way, her brother is JB. Boss Pritzker, the governor of Illinois. There's nothing that comes this dating assent. They got their money through inheritance. They're the Hyatt hotel uh errors of that fortune. And so so I can't really speak to her motivation except to the idea of power and the ability through their money to actuate their ideology. And I'm going back to the whole idea of DEI. It's not what people think it is. And this has been the major strength of DEI. It's not creating a level playing field for everyone. It's not catering to marginalized populations, giving everyone a hand, a helping hand. It's not just teaching about race and teaching about slavery. No, it's none of those things. That those things happen, it's merely as a byproduct. It is the acceptance and propounding of a noxious, toxic doctrine of racialism, where everyone is slotted into one of two categories, either villain or victim, either you know, white non white, oppressor or oppressed, And nothing else in one's history matters, not your education, not your attitude, not your parents, you know, not your way of Nothing matters except race. And that is the dirty secret of DEI that is now being exposed.
Speaker 1: But to accomplish what because that is divisive and ruinous or society. It ruins the cohesiveness of the nation. I mean, I'm a little ill libertarian kind of guy. Live and let live. I trust you with your zipper and your wallet. I don't want anything from you. I'll let you do what you want to live your life as long as it doesn't intrude into my decision making, to my choices. We live under the banner of freedom, at least we used to. You know, the flag would stand for this freedom concept. Where yes, in the United States, you can be yourself and choose your own pursuits, but this is ruin us to that national cohesion. The flag is then viewed as a symbol of racism because of you know, historic racism and this whole concept the world just evil white supremacists. I mean, this is leading to the end of our country. And maybe is that the nefarious element that's going on behind all this. They don't want the United States to continue its amazing success.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, You've hit the nail on the head of the idea. It's a collectivist doctrum, the idea that your membership in a particular identity group supersedes and is far more important than your identity as an individual within the preferences, dreams, et cetera, et cetera. And I think this is the latest social justice canard that has basically achieved kind of a regnancy on the college campuses. And it's it's just the old wine, old collectivist wine in a new bottle. It's Marxism if you really wack it down to it. It's the idea of Marxist class consciousness has been replaced with race consciousness, and the framework is is virtually unchanged, and so This is the idea that it's somehow, some sort of racial equity type of things is really full. It's the old social justice crowd, collectivist crowd trying to supersede and trying to argue and coerce people into believing this notion of collectivism that your identity in a group is far more important than your identity as an individual.
Speaker 1: Well, and you're certainly not entitled your own opinion. One of the reasons I love college and law school so much, doctor is, you know, the Socratic method, the ide could have an exchange of ideas. There is this, you know, exchange of thoughts and concepts. And you weren't told that there was one particular point of view that you must follow or be ostracized or get an F on your paper. The world's obviously different place since then. And I think this is reflected in the in the media's shift to a far left sort of uniform lockstep left wing reporting perception because they're victims of this one sided view in college education and we've lost the media to this. I mean, is this something that can be undone? Can this bell be unwrung or is it too late? Because colleges are filled with professors who have a uniform ideology anymore. You can't be a conservative and teach college of courses anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, you certainly can't be a conservative being you know, have unlimited success. But the fact is that reforming higher educations will be very tough because they have had they succumb to ideological capture a long time ago. But I do think that Trump has been a Department of Education is doing the right thing. The only the only thing that universities understand is money and bad publicity. That's that's a lot. That's one thing that we can count on being true. So the Department of Education is utilizing funding is leverage against the universities, and yes, it is against the universities to become serious institutions again, become places where that marketplace of ideas is a reality, where those different ideas can you contend in an open debate rather than having certain views suppressed, as we find right now. And that is indeed the case. And I detail this, and I chronicle this, and DEI exposed do I exposed? DEI is simply this this latest did for in perimature over the universities, and they found it very useful because it sounds good, doesn't it. Diversity, equity, and inclusion, just like cults like the Moonies utilize the terms East and unity, that's their motto, and the inclusion and belonging. It sounds very cult like. Well, and that's because it is. Well.
Speaker 1: Anytime I see the word equity anymore, I get, I get very very concerned and worried. And the idea that I feel concerned because I have, you know, lots of black friends and a lot of Jewish friends, and you point out and DEI exposed that this is this concept of DEI has actually fueled anti Semitism. And I want to get I want to get your your explanation for that. But also the removal of meritocracy. There are many, many people of color that have reached lofty positions through their merit, through their experience and their knowledge of any given industry or position, they earned it. And this idea that you're going to just fill in a check mark that oh black check We're going to hire that person merely because they're the right color, even though there are more qualified Asians or pick a color, skin or nationality. We're not going to hire those people. We're going to put this person in because they meet this equity check box or diversity checkbox. That waters down and the gates those people who've actually earned those positions because people have this perception like, wow, you're a diversity higher I know you've heard that term before.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah. And I think it's unfortunate because I deal with and when students, I deal with a lot of intelligent, incredibly talented black students, you know, Indian students, Russian students, students of all racist creeds and colors, as they say, and there's no stigma attached to that. I mean, and who wants the stigma of the question mark behind your name? Did this person really earn something or did they just were they just checking someone else's tech matrix box? Right? And the idea that you're going to subvert someone's individual achievement by labeling them something like this, because it's not the conservative side or libertarian side or the republicanside labeling people DEI hires. It is the folks on the left. I think Joe Biden himself basically appointed a DEI hire as his running mate. And I think that this is stigma, is unfortunate and it's completely unnecessary. And I think we're going to finally move beyond this. I should point out that the latest executive order from last week striking down disparate impact, the idea that if you can show that there's some sort of statistical result that shows that somehow one group is having a different outcome than other groups, you can utilize this to prove individual discrimination against you. And this has been an absurd notion that is in our judicial system that is now being struck down. Those of us and social sciences know that this is a fraud, it's a fallacy. You can't do this because it's not valid. And yet we find that we've been following this disparate impact for quite some time. That's no longer repeat the case.
Speaker 1: Doctor Stanley Ridge, originally author of DEEI Exposed, and Doctor, we put your book on my web page at fifty five caresey dot com so my listeners can easily obtain a copy of it. And I'm going to go back real quickly here because I do have quite a few Jewish friends, you know, and not necessarily practicing Jews, they just had to be Jewish in terms of their ancestry. Some are in favor of Israel, some are in favor of Palestinian two state solutions. They're just a mixed bag of Jewish people. How has fueled anti Semitism And I don't understand how it is that there's some what their motivation is, and anger over the Jewish people is on college campuses as if the Nazis took over.
Speaker 2: Well, it's very similar in the sense that this it's an ideology, DEAs and ideology, and the ideology tells them to behave in certain ways. That ideology says that that Jews basically are white people and therefore undeserving of protections afforded other mimized people. That's what they say. And the fact is that the Jews, especially those from Israel, are considered settler colonialists. As a result, they are by definition of oppressors. So it doesn't matter how many assaults or bullying or trespassing or vandalism, that kind of thing is porpetrated against Jewish students, doesn't matter. And I have an entire chapter on this of howdi has perpetrated this anti Semitic ethos on campus, that it's okay to discriminate against Jewish students, it's okay to bully them and to assault them because they deserve it, because they are oppressors in this framework that I've described to you, that that's the core of DEI, that you and I are in a particular racial category and are deserving of our faith, the faith being determined by the DEI ideology. It's the thing that motivated Luigimangioni to kill Brian Thompson in New York. His ideology for him to do this.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I wish they were familiar with the concept of two wrongs don't make a right. That we once had slavery in the United States, and it was wrong, and we did right that wrong, and many laws were put into place, and many laws were struck from the books to remove that from our society. And we've made huge strides toward that, you know, everybody's equal kind of perception. They're destroying it. They're just they're turning it on its head. It's it's okay to discriminate against someone on the color based on the color of their skin. It's just got to be the right color in their eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is. I'm really disturbed by a lot of students who buy into the whole social justice mantra and this social justice collectivist mantra. It has a whole host of ideologies under its umbrella, and DEI is just one of them. But it sounds very good for someone to say, well, I'm supporting I'm working for social justice. And if you probe beyond that cliche, you find there's not much there except the fact that the idea of coercion. I'm going to compel you to do something that I want you to do that my ideology tells you do because I have access to this hidden knowledge that the left has always been claiming on the college campuses. Doctor.
Speaker 1: Originally, it's been a fantastic conversation this morning. I really appreciate you spending time with my listeners and me to talk about your book, DEGI. I exposed how the biggest count of the century almost toppled higher education. I'll encourage my copy my listeners head over to my web page and get a copy of the book.
Speaker 2: Doctor.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for your time today and keep up the great work.