Speaker 1: I have received word of a strange invention.
Speaker 2: What it can do will amaze Sians and strike.
Speaker 3: Terror to the world two thousand plus Bryan's Fits of Adventures from the World with Tomorrow the Years Beyond two thousand eighty. Two thousand plus presents the insects.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's wonderful, nose, darling. It means I'll probably get that research appointment at the Universe.
Speaker 4: No, I can hardly believe it.
Speaker 2: Gil, here's the telegraph of the Beanis Siens himself. I'll take a jet plane in about two hours and be there on plenty of time for my meeting this afternoon.
Speaker 5: I know I'll get a bottom of champagne and they'll telebrate a dinner tonight.
Speaker 2: Well that's nice, but I'm not sure i'll be home for dinner the meeting mayor on. Maybe I'll have to stay overnight, take the plane back of the morning.
Speaker 5: Well, they don't have Sampie the bastic.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not work too much. I've got to gather my papers and things that I'm gonna get to the airport in time. You'd better help me in the laboratory. Oh, now Lord, The life of a budding scientific Geniue shouldn't act like that. But I'm frightened, and I don't nonsense. They haven't hurt you.
Speaker 5: No, I can understand anything that's wright out of your life.
Speaker 2: I've got to have help with these purpose. What do you want me to do? Cancel the meeting because my wife is a fag of the work I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Darling, It's just all right, all right, I'm trying to do with myself.
Speaker 5: I don't be angry, jord. If they were ordinary, and that's time one that maybe it was a difference.
Speaker 2: Even with what I've done to them.
Speaker 4: They're not so big.
Speaker 2: So I've taken a spider, a house flying a wasp, and by means of my growth ray, I've made them larger. The spiner still is any bigger than my fist. The house squire is about as large as a pack of cigarettes lost no bigger than the golf ball. They're not giants, but they look up. Even that be easier to observe and study. That's why the university is interested in my work. With a long term appointment and the grant to amplify the growth ray, and maybe I can really increase the size of the insects. Imagine a fly as big as a horse. That would be some horsefly.
Speaker 3: Hey that's a joke.
Speaker 1: Oh right, good, I'll help you.
Speaker 2: It's only the papers who are packing. You won't have to go near the insect cages now hand it goes are poisonous insects?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Do you do you have any poisons?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Only Sam the spider. He isn't really glass caged by those books. Maybe if you'd look, you wouldn't have such ridiculous ideas. Sam is a nice guy, just lots and stairs. It's like a wise old man.
Speaker 1: I look at the Oh those late.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, now the note of please, hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 7: Be careful.
Speaker 2: Then that machine is very delicate. He almost touched it. Oh the girlfriend, Uh, I don't want that running while.
Speaker 5: I'm gone, though, though I can't wait to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Oh let's see now I've got everything. Yep. Well, that doesn't come on after you meet Tetta stricken duty. You know, I hope when we get to the university, if I get the appointment, you'll keep your disgust of insects to yourself. Life is supposed to build up her husband's work faculty. Why do that all the time. Don't do it.
Speaker 5: I just can't help the way.
Speaker 2: I see Sam should really be said while I'm.
Speaker 4: Gone, stop it.
Speaker 5: I'm not going in there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, what about Peter house flying.
Speaker 5: He's not poison these people your insects. When you get home now, hurry up, George will be late.
Speaker 4: Sure, well, goodbye?
Speaker 5: Oh George, I don't want you to leave, and your impnoyed.
Speaker 2: You like that. I'm sorry, Darling. I really love you, but I love my insects too.
Speaker 4: Just a minute, I mean, hello, missus.
Speaker 8: Martin's here the groceries you water?
Speaker 1: Hello, gl right in here? Okay, won't please?
Speaker 4: I what the oranges are better.
Speaker 5: At the time than they were last?
Speaker 2: Oh, mister Gilheimer said to tell you that these oranges are swelled.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll know when I squeeze him for breakfast. Thank you bell. Oh it's a mister martinhome, Miss Martin, No, he isn't Bill. Why well, he was gonna show me his bugs.
Speaker 5: You don't want to look at them?
Speaker 1: Put mere DRAMs for I find them very interesting, mister Martin said, he take me into a lad today.
Speaker 2: That's why I delivered your orders first.
Speaker 1: I was anxious to see them. Oh, mister Martin recalled a gray.
Speaker 5: Suddenly he got a telegram and had to leave almost at once. But you'll be home tomorrow.
Speaker 3: See tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I've got to work at the other store, one on North Street.
Speaker 4: Well in a.
Speaker 5: Few days, then, spose we'll still be here, bill.
Speaker 1: Missus Martin, wo'll be too much trouble.
Speaker 7: If you let me peek at them.
Speaker 5: I never go into mister Martin's laboratory.
Speaker 4: I won't hurt me.
Speaker 5: Then just peek a we're looking forward to pay build that laboratory. You wait till mister Martin gets home.
Speaker 1: Sure, Missus Martin, you say so.
Speaker 2: Don't look so drum.
Speaker 5: It's what you man see.
Speaker 1: And those revolting creatures, I'll never know. They're scary, they're so big. I feel funny way I look at them, and mister Martin explains about science and stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Would you like to do a scientist doll? I sure would.
Speaker 5: Well, I suppose I ought to be encourage it. I won't get him in, but you can teach.
Speaker 1: You know where the gary is. Oh, thanks, missus Martin, thanks very.
Speaker 5: Much, but don't touch anything.
Speaker 2: I will got to put very well.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, no.
Speaker 2: More I.
Speaker 7: Saw it before.
Speaker 2: Listen to the last time.
Speaker 3: We don't know this.
Speaker 1: It's stood high.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 3: Out of the.
Speaker 7: Eyes in the front.
Speaker 1: What do you think wing? It got wings?
Speaker 4: It can giant.
Speaker 5: Kill it.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 7: Get out of here. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: We must get out of here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, walk backwards. Keep your eyes on it.
Speaker 5: It looks like like a moth, a giant moth.
Speaker 7: Watch it flies up quick, both for it.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 2: It's enjoying.
Speaker 7: Its wings.
Speaker 2: Let's know what should we do?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Let's let's move it recorder, but at chair we can clutch down behind it.
Speaker 7: Now you'll just keep you watch it.
Speaker 2: Now, mister Martin, I'm very interested in your growth ray as the science. I want to be certain that this university encourages brilliant young scholars were experimenting in new fields of reserve.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I must be satisfied that the research would be of fundamental value. Yes, sir, Now, who suppose you've.
Speaker 8: Thought for a while, tell me about your work.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I have always been interested in the effect of environment on organisms. I now the environmental practice to universal conditions applicable to all organisms. Examples the air temperature, humidity, light, and so forth. And then I approached each of these conditions from the point of view of its specific effects on organisms. I discovered that the presence or absence of light gave me the widest variance of reaction or excuse me, in what.
Speaker 8: Way the widest variance when the.
Speaker 2: Effect on physical growth change adaptationality? You see. So, because light is a general term, I broke its definition down into all known ways infrared, ultra violet, and so forth, and study reactions of organisms to those rays in every conceivable combination. Now that's too is I evolved the theory that if certain rays could be combined electronically and concentrated on living organisms for specified periods of time, their growth would be greatly stimulated.
Speaker 8: And you have constructed such a machine.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have the electrodynas spectrum, the growth ray machine. What have you accomplished with its silver I've multiplied the growth of certain insects many times. My present machine is small and homemade, and its power is not too great. But so far I've increased the size of a fly to that of a pack of cigarettes, the size of a spider to that of my fist. Of what kind of spider transler. It's a very dangerous and poisonous insect to work with. While being a tropical spiderray, it might be more receptive to light. Its size has tripled.
Speaker 4: Kill me, mister Martin.
Speaker 2: What did the aptimum increase in size that you've so far obtained about eight times with the fly? The size increase varies with the insect says, A lot of research yet to dam.
Speaker 7: As soon as I can see.
Speaker 2: Your work certainly excites the imagination. Think of your having the kind of equipment that will burn at a twenty to fifty hundred or even a thousand fold increase in an insect size. Imagine an insect large enough to attack and devour a human being. Imagine this university needing lion cages to contain its giant insect. Well, there's no limit to what new things we could learn about all manner of ordain. This is with the growth rate, not just insects.
Speaker 8: That's right, mister Martin.
Speaker 2: I'd like it to stay on another few hours so that we can talk some more. I'd be very happy, and perhaps you like it on your wife that you'll be a bit late. Thank you, sir. You can use the phone in the other office, and mister Martin, Yes, when she.
Speaker 8: Asks you how everything's going, you TELEVI it's going.
Speaker 7: Justify still sitting.
Speaker 4: There looking at us, the most little thing I ever.
Speaker 7: Did, six of the high those giant waves.
Speaker 3: How does he get here?
Speaker 8: Missus Martin?
Speaker 1: The mouth of growth ring must have begun marking.
Speaker 5: It, give up a light glow. The mother must have seen it blown.
Speaker 4: Toward it must have seen us. But eyes the biggest dinner plates.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's swimming. Then it will come towards us, little curded kill us.
Speaker 2: Then, don't be don't fight that croucht for this chairful. My gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: The doors locked, But isn't there some other way out? Only the window behind the lock.
Speaker 3: Yes, the window locked.
Speaker 1: I can't see the shade is wrong yet, Yes, the window is locked.
Speaker 5: Gunshi it dollably Why getting out the corner of the room done?
Speaker 6: What would you do?
Speaker 4: Maybe the round of the.
Speaker 7: Window, pull up the shade.
Speaker 2: I love the window, Get out and.
Speaker 4: That set me alone with it.
Speaker 5: The monsters cut your home.
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: W mister Martin come home this afternoon tonight? Maybe not until tomorrow. The boon maybe that's mister Martin corner. But you don't answer.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'll come home. Oh no, he'll think I'm not shopping visits.
Speaker 4: This is Mike the moss.
Speaker 1: Stop moving the sween fuck right else at this corner.
Speaker 7: I better, here's the telephone, e scars the.
Speaker 5: There's my fire, my wilch call you home. I doesn't even realize something that's happened.
Speaker 4: I didn't he call the neighbors.
Speaker 6: Of the police.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you come, missus Martin?
Speaker 4: I think it's fun of flying. Oh, we don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was chillous if I've heard the phones.
Speaker 5: But it's why it cuts down to get as much petition from the tail as possible and scom yeah, anything.
Speaker 4: Can make nose okay, okay? Oh why just yes?
Speaker 7: Maybe? Okay both bust Yes, let's.
Speaker 2: Be quiet.
Speaker 4: Like a nightmare thing.
Speaker 1: George Tuning, you do, I hate these?
Speaker 2: Get to build a laboratorian as hole.
Speaker 4: Oh a place in the room of Why am I here?
Speaker 6: Why a thing?
Speaker 2: The trap d here? But it's because I hated Georgia's group?
Speaker 7: Was it because I.
Speaker 1: Refused to help him with the.
Speaker 2: Creatures? The mom.
Speaker 7: Body is like a wormy correctly right.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: I I'm scared.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm.
Speaker 7: What you gonna do?
Speaker 6: It was my.
Speaker 4: Love that the walls is feelings, the.
Speaker 6: Vires, the window, the widow fall up the sun some mind blidon grat.
Speaker 4: The that theid, the pison.
Speaker 2: Doing across the floor by the sofa.
Speaker 5: The giant bot sitting on the bookshelf and on the floor.
Speaker 6: Like us out ball of death, the fider.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 2: Where it is to Martin, I am delighted to see you. The Dean fall and said you were coming over.
Speaker 8: I think I am the last member of the fact that the committee wanted.
Speaker 2: To see or sit down. True, Thank you, Professor Bodley. Yes, I have been going all after know, from one appointment.
Speaker 4: And the other, and happy to talk with you.
Speaker 8: The Dean is quite excited.
Speaker 2: About your start.
Speaker 3: Should know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm very pleased about that. Uh, Professor Bucker. I hope you won't take me rude at the beginning of our meeting, but I wonder if I might use your phone now. Of course, mister Martin, he's something wrong. No, I don't think so. But I phoned my wife several times until I was staying on all afternoon, and there's been no answer for I'm sure there's nothing wrong, but what means call the.
Speaker 8: Phone is right there?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Please, I like you eight four five seventy two and reverse the charges.
Speaker 4: Leave, Thank you.
Speaker 2: M It doesn't seem to be any answer.
Speaker 3: Well let's do it.
Speaker 4: Two more times.
Speaker 8: There is no answer.
Speaker 2: Shall I keep trying? Yes, but poastly crying. I call you, sir, thank you. I can't understand it. It's not like Betty to be away so long.
Speaker 1: The boats still there, missus, mark.
Speaker 7: Still there.
Speaker 1: I saw the spider last week. The big is mister Martin. I walk into the glass cage.
Speaker 7: I could see the hair on its legs.
Speaker 1: Results mister Markin showed me its where lights and kits with the poisons stop at the top.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Martin.
Speaker 2: I can't stop looking at them.
Speaker 6: They don't bite the sun lights.
Speaker 4: That's why they're on.
Speaker 1: The room is flooded with hun lights and the shade went up.
Speaker 5: Is this going to be hard this year? Can give us the protection from me?
Speaker 4: Why the mark is too big?
Speaker 1: Did get out of here?
Speaker 5: But the spider, it can screw around the frock under the chair.
Speaker 1: I'll take off my shoes, setting your hair with it.
Speaker 5: It comes.
Speaker 1: Now you take one of them.
Speaker 4: Look trying to fly again.
Speaker 2: But that's not.
Speaker 1: Scar the spider.
Speaker 2: You know her too. I don't know you ain't coming.
Speaker 6: The wall, not switeriter, I don't know somewhere to win.
Speaker 5: It's a fine spiders.
Speaker 2: Did you can't just there?
Speaker 4: Ist no answers? There shall I keep trying.
Speaker 2: I got I'll qull it back.
Speaker 5: Ask for operator at thirty four, sir, thank you?
Speaker 4: No answer that, no, sir.
Speaker 2: Of course I did tell Benny that I might be later. He can stay over night. She made gondo mother's It was a real pleasure of finding a young man who cares that much for his wife. I suppose this is not feel the same way about you. Oh that is wonderful. I'm sure she is. After all, not many women would approve their husband's inventing machines that make insects larger. You've got a rare wife, mister Martin, one who doesn't object the giant insects in the house.
Speaker 5: Keep the shoe Tighten your hand, you see the spider. It's hard, yes, ma'am, I will.
Speaker 1: My hands trembling to Martin, I thought that's very interesting.
Speaker 4: Oh you mustn't still, because.
Speaker 5: I could have a strip of water the most if that comes strangely, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's steelers are color red and its body, Oh that's disgusting.
Speaker 7: Worlds flabby all of a sudden, trupy it flies.
Speaker 2: They look different too. I don't know why, but somehow that yet that you're right.
Speaker 1: Huh oh, it's only the hand of your spirit.
Speaker 7: Touching my legs.
Speaker 4: For the spider.
Speaker 8: Why well, mister Martin, the term satisfactory to him.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, sir, very much so, thank.
Speaker 3: You, sir.
Speaker 2: It's very to be a great pleasure having you at the university, and I know that you find your association with us a real incentive for carrying on your work with a growth. Y. I'm sure of that. I'll do my very Bestiny credit the university and the scientific with said my boy, it's time for you to leave if you want to catch the sixth ten and be home and tell your wife.
Speaker 4: You just get home and you.
Speaker 2: Find that there's an explanation for why she didn't answer the phone all day. I'm sure you're right. Thank you, Gandin, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Feel better now, missus.
Speaker 5: Michael, I said they I'm always cried out a.
Speaker 2: Tear lest missus Michael.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to reach.
Speaker 2: The window, the window, the marks back on the couch.
Speaker 1: I think I can make a run through the window once I pushed the chair aside.
Speaker 5: Of who might attacked you?
Speaker 2: Maybe you won't do so?
Speaker 5: Sixte fine, what would happened to either? If you give a taut the life?
Speaker 1: Do they have keys?
Speaker 3: Chris?
Speaker 2: Really? George?
Speaker 6: Also things, George?
Speaker 1: But no exactly.
Speaker 5: I had a whole group of clord ruins last year. Some pounds.
Speaker 2: I'm bided. No, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: I gotta try our crouched down, push the chair out a little sweep by between the chair and the wall, and make a dash for the window.
Speaker 7: A chair pushed aside.
Speaker 2: Now give me my shoes. Okay, this is Mark, all right, go I'm here.
Speaker 4: I'll try to unlock the window. But now the moment that a way?
Speaker 7: That a way you're going? Anyway? There? Are you?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: No one home? Lights? Raw?
Speaker 3: That's better.
Speaker 2: That's Betty, of god, Betty Bey you're here?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Slamp with a key?
Speaker 4: Yea, oh, my darling, it was.
Speaker 2: Bet if my wasn't said look at that. I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: It's dead mm hmm, bell, bell, bell, Well, mister.
Speaker 2: Last, get down the fire, let's get out to get fast, all right, So down bell, but heaven's safe. What happened? Down and I'll get you a drink? You are now now tell me?
Speaker 6: But they door snap behind the master. You must.
Speaker 5: We thought we'd die, and I thought, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'll find a spider and kill it. But as for the more, darling, the spine its signs you had nothing to fear.
Speaker 1: Huh will you see, darling?
Speaker 2: The adult mouth doesn't eat. It has no mouth, nothing your attack could kill with despite its size. Tricophaga tap it cellar. The clothes mark is subtly harmless.
Speaker 4: Redn't you.
Speaker 5: Think you could have just suited away and opened.
Speaker 2: The windowf of course, dear. The reason it's dead, and why you could have waited without worry is that a moth cannot live more than six hours in sunlight. The suvior almost horror was unnecessary. Next week a strange drummer of a silver rocket and an unseen those It opens gates, do you shure open to two thousand plus radiolse different theories. Two thousand plus is that it was by Bryan and Gnolson Productions incorporated in today's cast, John Shaye or Great Betty, Larry Robinson is Doe, Ralph Bell, George and those with this was the means. Here's a proposed and played by a dozen ks sound Al April and George Puneys, Anthonyer, Bob ab Wright, thos Is Ken Martin speaking. This program came from New York in ancient times. They popped at the rising of the dark Stars. Serious it's responsible for the sult true weather of Midsummer. Serious or not, No one needs to be posed.
Speaker 4: The fees are dog.
Speaker 2: Days and every sportsman knows it's perfect wonner for just playing Christmas. So for the latest tipts of information on how to catch everything from minnows and monkeys, listened to Mutual as Rod and Gun Club of the Air Every your Hey, moderator Milo Bolsen with a stand of sports experts and an informal sports session you both want to miss. Listen to Robin Juhn Coup of the Air every Thursday. You'll enjoy it. This it was the natural World Broadcasting System