Speaker 1: Eh two man team will work its way through the wilderness to a cabin hidden somewhere on this mountain. Roots are treacherous, so use your maps.
Speaker 2: I lost my map.
Speaker 1: You haven't been issued a map yet.
Speaker 3: Four finger Discounted.
Speaker 4: Welcome to four figure discount. With this week, we're going to be doing a special classic review. We've gone all the way back to season eight. I'm wearing my Pinpal shirt. We're not doing Team home Er. We're doing Matin of Madness. I'm down, don't and I'm guying, and I'm just wearing a shirt. Yeah, a shirt. But this is from our friends Uncle Riica. I thought you want It's just a lovely It's really nice to wear this jacket, this champa.
Speaker 5: I was here when this, when this arrived, in the unboxing, the unboxing, the unwrapping, ripping of the plastic in the paper, and I took one look at that and I said give it to me, and you said no, no, and nine and that, and then I said to uncle, we go and send us nine more. Yeah, no, no, no, I didn't say that.
Speaker 4: It's just look at the stitching on pin.
Speaker 5: We talked about this and when we unwrapped it, or when you unwrapped it, and I said, Wow, that's really nice. I think, I said, I think I use the word quality maybe five times in a sentence. Yeah you did, because I'm inarticulate. And also, this is just quality.
Speaker 4: It is quality.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I mean, why else would you be wearing it?
Speaker 4: Exactly? If you want to get one, you save ten percent. I think they're only about fifty dollars as well, save ten percent by using the code four finger. We just follow the Lincoln description of this pod.
Speaker 5: Let me do the mass. Oh that means you saved five bucks.
Speaker 4: Yes, for coffee. But it's not just off this, it's off your entire order, not just Simpsons shit, your entire order. But anyway, enough shilling in the madness. Jesus, Wow, you're a full salesman. But I was just, you know, because it's team Homer. But this is about team work this episode, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: You were just a five D chess master. You are like the Queen's gambit of five D chess.
Speaker 4: I was like, how can I bring this around? Yeah? And you did. You're much like Homer in the parking lot in the car park.
Speaker 5: Of this episode. Really, you know you think it's going nowhere and it ends up somewhere.
Speaker 4: Now, this episode of the podcast may not have had a fantastic opening act, but this episode certainly did. I mean it was fine.
Speaker 5: I think it went pretty well.
Speaker 4: It was okay, But the opening I think it's going great. What's wrong with the opening act of this episode? I think it's just fantastic because it has the fire drill, is a lot of fun. You know from the get go it's going to be not just a family based story. It's going to incorporate a lot of people. I always enjoy the more a workplace episode than a family episode. Yeah, and I always enjoy when you see people two characters that you would normally see hanging out in a new scenario.
Speaker 5: It's a gamble, Yes.
Speaker 4: It really is. It's like a first date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not sure if you're going to have the chemistry, but when you do, you get a mountin a madness. Oh, you get a nice relationship like Guy has with Lovely Lawyers.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, it's going to be a unique story because it's in a whole new setting, and it's a whole bunch of fun because it's got a whole bunch of characters as well. So I just thought it didn't waste any time straight to the fire driwl, which is a bit of fun set up the story, and I also like the way that they thought, well, we're gonna have to incorporate the family somehow. I haven't been the only idiot to bring his family has a reason for their family to be involved in. The whole episode felt natural.
Speaker 5: It feels natural some of the stuff with the the kids, not so much with with Barton Lisa and their interaction with Smithers. That feels I guess natural, organic, kind of funny.
Speaker 4: In some ways, I related so much more to Smithers now as a kid. Like watching this, I'll be like, oh, Smithers has just been an old grump. Now when you're just trying to get the basic things done and the kid's asking you, why is that tree greens? Like, shut up, kid, Oh gosh, the old two piece feet I've never heard that's same on the podcast. If you said the exact same thing when I told you you've just forgotten kids, kids, I'm like a kid, You're gonna have to beat it into me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we kids are curious, you know, always asking questions. So I always try to a serious exactly. So I always trying to answer as many of Elliot's question because they're still learning the world whatnot. But when am I sitting there watching the footy, and the entire time, I feel like I'm just asked answering his questions. I get to the point where I go, Alliott, I feel like, you just watch the movie, or if you just watched the game, ninety percent of your questions will probably be answered. But it's just one of those that's terribly patronized. But like, we're watching Harry Potter, but also we're very accurate. Every time I watch Harry Potter, why is he going to cut on his head? Holly Magic, we know this, You've seen the movie.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh, yeah, I've heard about this kind of thing before. Oh it's in Uh, it's in the movie.
Speaker 4: Steve Jobs, Sorry about jobs, Steve Jobs, No Jobs does not exist. The ash culture version does not exist. Strike it from the record. We're talking about what I watched plane and it put me to sleep. Could that's good? It did its job? You want to sleep on a plane.
Speaker 5: There's You're just reminded me of a bit where Steve Jobs's daughter is asking him questions and he say, you've already asked me this, you know the answer to this, And someone else says.
Speaker 4: To Steve, job is like people do that. Kids do that.
Speaker 5: Because they want ressurance and they want a bond with you. They may already know the answer, they may even know that they know the answer when they're asking you, but they still want to interact with you. So your kids are trying to interact with you, and it what's wrong with you? Jesus, you're a bad fan.
Speaker 4: I try to answer as many questions as possible, but it comes to the point where you've answered the same question five times in the last ten minutes. You just go, come on, kid, it's why you're podcast with me? Who's Lenny? And who's go again? Someone told me once, whether I read it, whether I heard it in an interview or something, that if kids engaging with their parents is very important because it's just important to keep stimulating their brains and have them engaging. If you just tell a kid to sit there and shut up, they won't be mute, but they won't learn. They won't be curious to try to want to learn.
Speaker 5: There will be a stone rather than a spun.
Speaker 4: He remembers everything he remembers you watched the footye and you'll go remember that time Brisbane beat Hawthorne by twelve points last year And I was like, no, I'll go through checks results. Shit kid.
Speaker 5: I am not sadistically that your kid is rain Man, but I sometimes but next time you're seeing throw whole bunch of toothpicks on the floor. Wow.
Speaker 4: Timely Reference from nineteen eighty eight say that they were about to review anpisode of The Simpsons that originally aired in nineteenty seven, So it's twenty seven years old. It's crazy to me because it feels like yesterday I was watching this as a new episode on TV.
Speaker 5: Now this episode is too old for Leonardo DiCaprio to day exactly.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Another zinger Jesus coming out with them today. But what did you like? Not favorite moments, but what did you enjoy just overall about this story. I mentioned how like the way they incorporated the family in a natural way, just the overall setting being in a fresh, new area, it makes it feel unique the story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, location was a good thing. I was actually happier with the I guess relationship or dynamic that developed between Homer and Burns. You know, we're so used to it being Ah, he's the monstrous boss who I can't get on the wrong side of all that kind of disess.
Speaker 4: And this is post who shot mister Burns as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you've got a nice bit of opposites attract kind of thing going on. These two do not have any common grand whatsoever, but they find it in cheating or cheating and also the glory of a good sit down. Who among us does not enjoy a good sit true words have never.
Speaker 4: Been he said sit, he said sit. Everybody the word that sounds like that also applies. Who does not enjoy a good one of those?
Speaker 5: Either?
Speaker 4: Let's still get down out right. But I think we'll say that about the south Park episode. I think it was just, yeah, seeing Burns in a because the boss when you're work in an office or whatever at a I worked afford Ford, very similar mentality to what the power plane is at the in Springfield. Here the boss is the boss. There's that fear factor. But sometimes when the boss or throws your bone and they say come, come, come, lunch of me or whatever, you're like, oh god, oh yeah, it has to be my friend. I spent the last six months shit done this guy and don't tell. But we've talked recently about how I think it's come up in various episodes. You want the approval, it's dish Mackie.
Speaker 5: We talked about Yeah, yeah, I'm terrified of him, but oh if he likes me, it provides a bit of positive reinforcement for yourself. It's like, oh, there must be something good about me of this guy's seeing it. Yeah, not realizing that this guy's full of shit as anybody else, probably just kids.
Speaker 4: More as I did love the justification of the cheating day because we all hate the idea of we'd like to think that we wouldn't cheat at something. However, if we were given the chance to cheat in this kind of situation, I think we're taking it right. If a horseless sled or arrives, it's a really.
Speaker 5: Really good line now about cheating is the gift the man gives himself. Yeah, I kind of agree. It's a good line by Swartsworlder as an American or some of the many people who worked on this script because we were just doing our research. That's interesting beforehand, but it was a Josh Weinstein.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So basically this was written by John Swatswolder. He's credited for it, but apparently we're just ready on the wiki page that they got the script and they went, if you tinker with a Swartzwelder script, you're just going to fuck it up. So basically we just had to rewrite the whole thing, even though he's still credited to it. And I want to throw the question to you, would you still want your name attached to it if you didn't write this, if this is not your baby, because would you sit home and go I know it says I wrote this, but I didn't write that. I don't. That's not how I would have handled this situation.
Speaker 5: I would imagine, And I could be wrong, because I often am, but I think that Swartzweather will be held in pretty high esteem or respect by the people it sends in the HQ. I think they would say, John, we did a bit of reworking on this because it was just too damn crazy.
Speaker 4: Was reworking it was rewriting?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, but yeah, well we did a bit of rewriting on it, or we rewrote it. What do you think would do you happy to go out with your name on this? Or should we alan smithy it and say you know and it was a group effort. He's probably just getting that residual money for me. That credit is the writer, probably a very smart guy, and this the Swartsweader and put my name on it and give me that money.
Speaker 4: He's just created that mystique forever has any Swartswolder, even to this day, we don't quite know the man. Certainly on this podcast we're doing Where's Well, We're saying his name in hush tones like it's I've always sort of said to myself, I'm gonna be that since this podcast that eventually gets spotswatter, I feel like if anyone's going to make it happen, it's this guy.
Speaker 5: Oh, Well's go to have a dream.
Speaker 4: I'm one of those people where unless it's the ability to fly, if I set myself a reasonable goal, I eighty five percent of the time I achieved them. I feel like I'm going to try and get Swartswater on this podcast. I feel like problem with this is not.
Speaker 5: An unreasonable goal. No, I think you can do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 5: If you have to drop my name to do it, then I'm happy to help my favorite We'll get in the favorite moments I have I have two and one. I've already alluded to who among us does not enjoy a good sit?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 5: Sitting's great, YEA all for it. I love it, and I'm glad that Homer actually got to show a bit of his prayer as he earned a bit of respect from my day from being just a really good sitter.
Speaker 4: And not just to sit. It's the ability to move the dog. He's effective and efficient. Why you'd have to get up? That was great? It was such a stupid cliche setup. But it's like you knew exactly what they were doing. You'd have to get up. I love that on infomercials. That would take me all day. Tell me more. You mean a world have to do that? But you mentioned it a good sit, right for maybe? No, it's like yourself and myself. There's two the two most important things we have in our house our beds and our couch. So we spend the most bad time sleeping and sitting. So you're gonna go out and buy a mattress or a couch. Make sure it's not just a shitty one. Treat yourself because you don't realize how often you spend on that couch.
Speaker 5: Time for guy's cliche corner. Do you realize you spend a third of your life asleep?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it sounds like a lot. Then you realize and you go, oh sure, kauhala mattress, friend of the Pond, sleeping duck or one. What is a sand Man factory? Is that the mattress place?
Speaker 5: That sounds evil?
Speaker 4: The Sandman not evil? If you want a sponsors not evil, I'm a I'm aware of the sand The.
Speaker 5: Sandman Factories has like a serial killer's like it's a super villain.
Speaker 4: It's spider Man. They think they've got that little girl who live in the Sandman Factory. I love it. This is a great story. Elliott watches spider I'll be the judge of that. Elliott right loves Spidery and his amazing friends. It's the show, a genius show where they kid versions of the Marvel heroes getting them in early. You're not gonna like DC, You're gonna like Marvel. Do they have a kid punish it? No, not yet, But there's the Samman's been on it right, And I feel like you must have tested well of audiences because if you've heard a few episodes. But Elliot watches and he goes, he turns into sand. What's good of that turning into bottle? But he's just like, hees, what's his super power? So he turns in the sand. He goes, why do I take him? Turn the sand? I'm like, I mean, I get it, that's true.
Speaker 5: I think there's a reason the Sandman didn't show Spider Man three very well played by Thomas Hayden.
Speaker 4: He goes, he can't fly, he doesn't have a glider like like Electro and and Green Goblin. He's just said, what's so good about? Said?
Speaker 5: Give him some comic books. I mean, I'm sure the Sandman has done some really good I remember enjoying the Sandman in Spider Man's just on this show.
Speaker 4: He's just the abilities. Just what's the deal with the Saldmon? He turns into a sand I don't know how and friends of favorite moments. I don't know enjoying a good good Sandman the Mattress Factory. We're back, We're back, he made I really enjoyed home. I got more fatal we're taking turns? Yeah, I thought that was trivia. No, what's your shake up? A bit shake One thing that I like is a couple of just homeless sort of just manuisms here, So I put all your names into the hat. You like the process and the because I could totally relate. And I can understand why you would think this if you've rocked up late to the party and Smizers has just said you have to follow to the cabinets on your map. I don't have a map, but you haven't initialed a map yet. It's like I lost the map. It's like you would think, well, the fact, do you think he's lost it? That's gay, yes, but you know you would think, well, haven't given a map yet?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just I like that I've lost my Matt.
Speaker 5: One should always be curious, Elliott, and I'm always asked questions. There are no dumb questions, except sometimes there are dumb questions.
Speaker 4: Because if you get to a thing late, Garrison would say, is that trivia a little segment? Such is a stupid question only stupid people. Very good point.
Speaker 5: You rock up to something late, and you know you asked the question about, oh, so are we covering this? I've already talked about this. You've been here on time, and everyone's looked at you like this. You're like that person that calls out a letter on real fortune. That's either a already out on the border lorady being called out. You're like, the fuck the hell's wrong with you? I don't know if I should say it. We're going to do that episode of soundtrack, so that's going to be interesting.
Speaker 4: The camera guy. But what else did you like? I was always.
Speaker 5: Curious, very curious episode to that. Ye about the line, your ideas are intriguing to me, and I would like I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. I always thought that the Simpsons not rip this off from somewhere else, but they are paying homage or referencing something, but it's from this Yes, But that became it became a real saying yeah, I said all the time, Yeah, it's like, well, your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Speaker 4: In that moment, is that Bart trying to just be like just one of those right wing idiots? What was this thing about? You know this? And what about that? Hey, the world's going to shit.
Speaker 5: He's becoming an ultra conservative for its news very early in the in the proceedings of his life, Yes, but yeah, certainly in the late nineties. Yeah, that that saying was going around a lot. I mean, yeah, post this episode, I'm guessing, but it seemed like it was a bit of a shorthand gag. You know, of anyone, anytime, anyone anything interesting or vaguely fends like your ideas are retreating me. You know, we should subcribe to your newsletters. Who would have thought that would become a thing? You're a glib fuck around ye.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Those are my two favorite moments.
Speaker 4: I also enjoyed, so they get there And if you turn this door knob the right way, No going through the window for us, Like that makes it's stupid, but it's so funny. No going through the window for us. It's home destly trying to catch up to how the way how the half lives? He's like, oh this how the other half? Wow? You guys using fancy doorknobs. Next question, you there eating the paste? All right? Trivia time? Since I interrupted your favorite moments, you can kick off the trivia? Can I fance do it? Thanks? Dan, You're welcome. I am in the team, you know, pulling out of names from the sorting hat and the hat as he mentioned Harry Potter earlier, it's.
Speaker 5: All time together. Who is paired with Haney.
Speaker 4: I K you're going to ask a question like this, I don't know who look at the look at this guy. You know when you watch it and you go, oh, this is probably be a tricky question, and then you get it and you're like, oh no, it's Trucker. Trucker. I was thinking because when they finished that, I thought, I wonder if any of those names were like, you know, Weinstein or Oakley or show people worked on the show.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: The one thing I was happy about, like Zutro is back.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: I mentioned it's like work hard and every day you get the shame of Penny, which is how Dan I got me on board?
Speaker 4: Or what do they say, Stuart get back to work, Stewart let Steward unfortunately. I My first question for you is what game does Smith suggest they play? It's just a game or the domestic version Chinese Chinese Checkers or domestic Yeah, chickeny China, the Chinese Chicken except from Chinese Chicken. It's some pop song, isn't it. It's been one day since you looked in Yes from Ban Naked Ladies, the Finest is it one day? It's been one week? One weeks again looked. I'm like, well, it always every day, that's what that's.
Speaker 5: I did that to avoid copy right straight, I'm learning. My next question to you is when did the story of National parks begin? Oh, nineteen twelve, eighteen seventy two, eighteen seventy two, according to the very boring yes, what dates are the Mountain Music Festival?
Speaker 4: Oh? Damn it August twelve to sixteenth March fourteen eighteen. Okay, so I was wrong in every wrong in pretty much every way. I really like that Ranger though as a kid I never really got it. He watched his now apparently he's based on the design off Al Gore. Yeah, but it's just so funny. Yeah, just very deadpan. Yeah, deadpan, and also just like slipping in that little primover much more in eating.
Speaker 5: I have one more question for you. Yeah, how many bones are in burns of snowman? How many what bones? Bones?
Speaker 4: Oh? Is it same as a human body? That's a good question. Two hundred and something? Okay, we have two hundred and thirty six, is that right? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I haven't counted my bones late.
Speaker 4: How many bones the human body have, let's have a look, Or how many has birds has got burns, but burns of bones. Two hundred and six. Two hundred and six bones is the exact for him. Yeah, okay, what did I say? Two hundred and thirty six? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Where are your extra bones?
Speaker 4: Buddy? I don't know bone? Final question? Disappointed? What does burns find? And he'd seventy years ago already in the cabin? Oh, damn it, it's it's a comic. It's Bazuka Joe.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was gonna talk.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's pinching material from another another show. Okay. A website, a web site, a you find out www dot Yeah, no, I did the http backlas Bashlas, a YouTube program that I came up with a very plausible sounding but completely pornographic explanation for the name Bazooka Joe.
Speaker 5: I need to look up if it's actually true, because the guy who told the story it was incredibly funny, incredibly smutty, and also like that could be a thing.
Speaker 4: Say it with enough conviction that gee George stands away.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh the way of the Internet. Yes, honesty, conviction will always be mistaken for accuracy.
Speaker 4: All right, let's the names of our beloved Stonecumers as well. What do you reckon?
Speaker 5: How about you do it?
Speaker 4: I reckon?
Speaker 5: I better do it because I'm the one with the list. You're the one with the computer in front of your man. I've got patter and pen like a caveman.
Speaker 4: Who do we start with? Always? We always start with the letter G. We we skip right through the first few letters of the alphabet because G is the most important. It's because no G, because guy, because guy starts with G ATG k E G Kate e G yes with her one hundred dollar support. Thank you so much, Katie for continue to supportus. He at the four figure discantey.
Speaker 5: That would be if Katie G went to the Olympics as a break dancer. Do you think she would go? By kate discussion?
Speaker 4: Can we talk about Reagan? Can I stalk about reagaann? Everyone's talking about Reagan. They were, They're not going to be anymore. By the time this comes out, she'd be old news.
Speaker 5: That's correct. Her her pan will have been flash. She had her fifteen seconds. If Katig went to the Olympics of breakdownce kate e G K eight was it even worth it? Don't but katG is certainly worth it, and we're worth one hundred dollars a month. According to Katy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Andrew' serve with his fifty dollars support also our man as a.
Speaker 5: Lolling as you would say something knowics about Andrews. We're always saying no stuff about Katie, who deserves it.
Speaker 4: Andrew has just been the constant. He's been a fifty dollar supporter for so long. What an absolute champion. When you talking about mister Zerr, I think you just said welcome to the rock, because he's the rock. He is the rock, He's the backbone. And he also has one of the biggest Pluto collections you'll ever see.
Speaker 5: I'm wondered where that was going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you look, he should be to be a photo. He basically owns every Cluter ever released or it is like an entire wall of Cludo's and I'm like, that's a lot of the game. However, every game has its own unique locations whatnot. Okay O games at Andrews's place would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I think it would go right off. Yeah, I think you would do it in the living room with the candlestick.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite Cluto? Do you ever what's played? You've ever played a theme? I don't think I've ever I don't think I've ever played clue. This really wow, there's a Simpsons Cludo that's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: For our American friends, you just clue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've got Seinfeld Clue because it was never released here. Nicolas got friends Clue because it was never released here. Never happened.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's just Is it called cludo anywhere else in the world?
Speaker 4: Everywhere but the States?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, because it sounds very austraight yeah.
Speaker 4: Clude looks like you make clue Bersie Cluto. Okay, Gluto, all right, let's have it. Is Cludo called clue in UK's have a look. The game was eventually picture of the British publisher Waddington's, who changed it to make you change it to the made up word Cludo, a mashup of clue and Ludo, Ludo being the name of Pachisi in England. In nineteen forty eight, the game is presented to Waddington's American partners Parker Brothers, who changed the name to clue. So it's only clue in the States. Everywhere else Cludo.
Speaker 5: There you go, because you want to clus sounds like the wonderful clash of England and America.
Speaker 4: It's like, Hello, I'm Horace Waddington the Third. You know, my great grandfather founded Washington's Games back in the hell Hell where the Parker Brothers, sorry they were Australian, where the Parker Brothers. We muscled those guys out. I am entertaining myself with this, but no one else. If you said to someone who wants to play Clue, I'd be like, all right. If someone says, who want to play Cludo? Yeah, Cluto, it sounds so much more fun, hey, Cludo. It doesn't It does anyway enough to b Cluto. Also, our man Zach Pruitt, who added the show occasionally here in the fourth just edited all that stuff out, yeah, Andrew Swan. Our man it runs out Discord and helps out the website was Jordan mom and Richie Jonathan ROSSI reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean DVP Anderson, Timothy else and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunal Lap, Kevin's Dentel planned flood, Sheddon Hope as a guy takes a big drink coffee, Balow Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrick McLeod Lewis cavanaughh Matral Even Reese, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, t Lee and Riquez, Chee Masato, Decklan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Halleer, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Readin, Szac, Dave Puts McNally, Gavin Lang, Damian Millen. They may be wondering why I put it out the coffee, because now people know when they're watching this on YouTube, that this is actually happening in real time.
Speaker 5: This is happening in real time. Also, this is the only time we've got so many stonecutters that you know, Damno is going to be occupied for a bit. Yeah, I don't have to talk. I can you know, by the way, this is tea, not coffee. Ah, but I can cleanse my palette and you know, whit my whistle and get ready to provide you with top notch content.
Speaker 4: Do you want to know the original air day of Mountain of Madness. Sure, it was February second, nineteen ninety seven. The production code, would you believe, was four F one zero, and as we mentioned earlier, it was written by John Swartzwald, although he may not have written I want to see. I want to read what the Schwartzwater version of this apparently was insane, as Weinstein says, so I would love to read John swartz Order's original version of Mountain of Madness. I wonder I reckon he goes real like crazy with once they have cabin Fever. One's while with that, I reckon. I like Swartzwelder. I like it.
Speaker 5: I like his philosophy of writing just a really basic thing and then the next day, Oh, I get to rewrite. You know, you do the fun stuff.
Speaker 4: I love that he bought the diner booth that he likes and brought it into his house. What a man. Yeah. Also directed by Mark Kirkland. The cash gag the couch has folded out into a bed with Grandpa sleeping on at the Simpsons folded back up and he gets sucked into the couch and there was no chopboall game, just gip straight to the couch gag. So the episode kicks off with Burns walking all happy into work. Have I ever seen a boss walk into work like this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: The boss never seems happening. I feel like that if you're a boss, you've got to set that you're going to set the president right love the way he said, Boss, just then really sort of boss, You've got to set the president of If I look like I'm happy to be here, then hopefully my workers will want to be here as well.
Speaker 5: Well you're leading from the top, Yeah, because a top down manage, I.
Speaker 4: Know, previous employment. You go here, you're going, yeah, living the dream. I'm like, well, this guy fucking hats being in, then why should I enjoy being the point he's only getting paid. Whenever I walk into the studio that we've got here, Dan, it's almost very very cheerful. Yeah, another day, let's help. The promise of a new day, the promise of a new Davis Beta. But officer him coffee, no need for coffee. As I said, promise of a new day is more than enough exhilaration for him. And then by lunchtime he's just in the bed. This is what it's like at enofice job. By a lunchtime you're like, oh god, how's it only twelve o'clock? True? Yes, so that's when you log at it. Yes, No, don't log out, Go get your Steve Kie, then come back and log out. No, this is the thing, you know, this week marks two years since I quit my office job to pursue this is a dream. Wow two years two years as I've had to work for somebody else. Wowpaus to me, well, chase that drink, Yes, Chase the dream indeed. But he then asked the coffee because obviously he needs it. And then that shot here of him and going ah with the coffee that gets used so often in memes, Burds with this little coffee and just full of energy, and he's wide away now and decides, what can we do here? We do a drill of some kind. So you go through his meltdown alert, a mad dog, one, a blimp, and you just side and a good old fire drill. Imagine having this power. Were just like, I feel like making them do a drill.
Speaker 5: Putting them through their paces. Yeah, making them bend to my will.
Speaker 4: They do it forward, but they would they would always like the top officer would always say, you gonna do a fire drill today in Geelong, but that they would always come around the union God always comeround and go doing a fire drill at nine forty five. Just get ready, just make just get ready. It was like it was like the need to know basis, you know what I mean? Ninety five the fire drill. Everyone's like, is that the fire drill? Got leave it in orderly fashion, thankfully. Here's this exit package I've.
Speaker 5: Prepared earlier, but I'm going to follow to the letter. Yeah, I'm certainly not afraid from my life. So yeah, so it's just going to going crazy.
Speaker 4: Lenny's waiting for his coc I did, like Carl thought the popcorn's ready. Now you're mentioning, you've read someone on Wikipedia that this was the first one established the Lenny Carl relationship, apparently al Pale Josh Weinstein, because they've always been friends, yes, but.
Speaker 5: Now we're establishing that they are an actual sort of duo. Yeah, best buzz.
Speaker 4: It's weird because I've always just seen them as a duo. Yeah, we do a bit of retroactive. What's the word I'm looking for is just because you've watched the same episodes over and over again, just feels like it's always been that's always been that way. Yeah, because I guess the episodes, I would say the ones that we're put on TV the most in Australia reruns wise, we'll be like four through eight. I reckon and this is season eight, so it's cold on the end of that. But still, I think, just watching these episodes over and over again, you just think this has just always just been the way. As I said, now, who are you? Are you the fire extinguisher guy in a fire drill when you think that the shit's gone shit's gone down? Or either fire fire fire fight? Which one are you? Either guy get the fired seriously hitting people? Or are you panicking? Or you what do you?
Speaker 5: Neither of these a good option. No, they're not. I'm probably far extinguished that I'm gonna be honest about.
Speaker 4: If it's every man for himself, you know this building is coming down, what are you doing? Are you going to be helping people or is it every man for himself? No, I'm going to be helping people. You reckon, I am No one remembers you, though, what's the point in happening people? If it was all coming down it's every man for himself, You're going to get out first.
Speaker 5: Man in the last few seconds of my life. I'm going to be like, there's a saying that.
Speaker 4: It might not have to be if it's every man for himself, it mightn't have to be the last few seconds of your life. Yeah, and then I've got to live the rest of my life. There was that poor chump I could have helped out, and that that person will haunt me for the rest of my day. But then you just have to have someone go. Yeah, but if he was in that situation, would done the same thing to you? And you're like, yeah, you probably would have.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: No, I've gotta be able to look at myself in the mirror for the rest of my life. So yeah, and I saying I'll come a rescue. In the cowboy photo, as well as most of the family, I love to choose between.
Speaker 5: All of them, Like there's a family phok right there, that's got everyone in the grab that one, the stabby photo is at home.
Speaker 4: This one is me.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying you shouldn't have taken the cowboy, of course he has, but he's looking like which you choose?
Speaker 4: Which I choose?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what were you going to say?
Speaker 5: There's a saying from an old Western that I like that is not necessarily a motto, but this cowboy's sort of lived a bit of a rough life. He says, when my time comes, I just want to enter my house justified, which means, you know, I want no regrets. I want to walk up to the pearly gates and say, yeah, I did it right. That's the thing I want to I want to enter my house justified. Yes, so yeah, that's that's how I feel about it. I would help someone out.
Speaker 4: Bands and Smiths are waiting. He says, how does it normally take? Was it like usually forty five seconds or something?
Speaker 5: Forty five seconds? And the storte is it supposed to take this long?
Speaker 3: What's a good term for a mass evacuation of the entire plant?
Speaker 1: Forty five seconds? And to tell him so far I don't know. Sorry, let's stop watch only goes up to fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Damn nation? What kind of slow coaches? The way of working for me.
Speaker 3: Was one of our fellows.
Speaker 2: Now I think I won, mister Burns, Yes, you won.
Speaker 3: All right, you won more than you burgained.
Speaker 7: Fun.
Speaker 4: I love this shot here. It's just detailed the background, Burns dressing him down, the guy climbing down and he falls off at the last bitte.
Speaker 5: That was good. I like that. By the way, another pop culture deep cut in here are very Burns thing, because Burns is always, you know, talking about stuff. That was just ancient and before by the time this episode came out. I think he talks about the Ritz Brothers he does, which were like, I really, I want to say a low rent Marx Brothers, but it's like Marx Brothers are really popular in the thirties and forties, and I think it was like Famous and Brothers, find all the Vallville, thead, the.
Speaker 4: Rights, who got the Ritson? The Right Brothers did the plane? Also a well known comedy duo. Yes, but yeah Rich Brothers like a yeah, a Marx Brothers knock off.
Speaker 5: Of course this is something but a joke designed especially for me and my head full of pop culture epemera.
Speaker 4: But a rule lesson in teamwork, as he explains, here is what Lenny and I don't know he does like clearly not working as a team. So it's true this is this feels like the episode where now you pointed it out. A lot of the episode is Lenny and Carl. I think I didn't have it as the first time as seen him as a duo. I saw it as the first time we sort of saw Carl's disdain for Lenny, which I think is my least favorite part of that relationship. Because as the show evolves, it's almost like Lenny evolves into Carl as well. They both have just disdained for each other and everything else around them. Yeah it feels unnatural. Yeah, isn't it, because why frankly unwanted? Yeah, it's weird. We don't want that. No, so burns, so as I always said that. So Homy then explains that you can take him to a teamwork retreat, to the family, as if they say, you've got to come with me. This is where we get the Barts rant about the just the world's not going the way he likes it. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter, think about Babe Ruth. Yes, what's funny? What tends to even play for? Who knows? Nobody? Yankees? And then his response is ignores and continues his rant.
Speaker 5: It was already played for the Boston Red Sox. It was like, wait a minute, this is gag. And he actually did play for the Socks. But yeah, he was a picture for the Socks.
Speaker 4: I thought. And then then when the Yankees hit, I think, you say he didn't play for the Yankes, and I was like, my whole life is a lie. I swear he played for the Yankees. It's like a fil reference here Australia Garriol but Senior played his first couple years at Hawthorne. Yeah, and they let him go. There are always those tales about okay, you take this or you take this?
Speaker 5: Why don't keep reading recently because it keeps coming up on social Media's like Vincent.
Speaker 4: Price was offered like a cut of Thriller.
Speaker 5: Royalty or twenty grand to Ida and he took twenty grand.
Speaker 4: The best one is Alec Guinness McGinness is the Meginnis. Yes, just Guinness, just get us. Yeah, taking the cut of the merchandising.
Speaker 5: Oh did you take the merchandising or just or just got points in the movie? I thought it was merchandising or was that Lucas Luke Lucas took them. He was just like, don't pay me anything. I just one percentage of something Guinness did. What a genius?
Speaker 7: Teamwork is overrated? Think about it. I mean what team was Babe ruth On who knows Yankees sharing is a bunch of bulls too? And helping others and what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance.
Speaker 2: Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter, but I think we have to go and a retreat anyway.
Speaker 4: They rub a mat useful, the strategic Granite Reserve and then the car park. See this is just another one of those rakes, just to kill some time, I guess. Then Birds is running through all the different things and realize family. As we said, it's just a way of having Marge Bart Lisa make it in the episode, even though make it didn't really do much anyway. Actually it was just a little starfish. Yeah, there was one one little nitpick I've got with the Marge toroyal and then I'll bring up when we get to it. Okay, but Marge says, you know, we can have lots of fun here, right a mountain and then the range of rocks up the first time we've seen. Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, we've had to remove anything even the least bit entertaining. Well, goodbye. Then Smithers is explaining about the map. I'll last my map. You haven't been issued a map yet. Just setting up the homisis an idiot. Then when you arrive you'll have sealbratory savages and like affordable Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like as well. I mean, I'm trying to remember if we've ever seen prior to this Smithers be kind of flinty and a short tempered.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, how man the Smithers. Oh yeah, I guess tries to kill Homer. Point what about when he's walking the street. Can't a man walked down the street if had been offered a job. That's I believe the joy of sect. That's the was it the note? It's the no, No, that's the Hank scopia one.
Speaker 5: Thanks for pointing the finger told me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the home of the Smithers is from season seven, I believe. So, yeah, great, it's.
Speaker 5: Just impossible to contend with their big brain Neils.
Speaker 4: It's not at all. It's a wasted youth. I wouldn't say wasted. I've made it my job right. It was all ground work. Yes, it was just like laying the groundwork. But yeah, So basically they're explaining that you need to map you get salvatory sandwiches. Then the second last team gets the trophy of worst employee and last gets fired. Burns and says that even he and Smithers are going to be so even we might get fired, not likely. I always thought that delivering the reading of not bloody likely just felt so odd because that's not what an American would say. No, it was just weird, not bloody likely, what the hell? Just it felt like a weird thing for Burns to say, Yeah, because he's American. Yeah, I say bloody at all, the bloody like I don't think they and it's never really it made its way into American bloody hell, the bloody bloody hell. Try put on your best American accent, try to say bloody hell, which which accent though I can't do American accents. But that's what's blossomed, bloody, bloody, bloody hell. That's that's that's not of an American. I don't know what it is. It's weird, it's odd. Yes, the modern day bloody hell is for fox sake, one word, yeah, fox sake? Is that is that an ussy thing? Fox sake? I think?
Speaker 5: So let's claim it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's claim it.
Speaker 5: But Americans don't say bloody.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a weird thing. Yeah. But as of saying that, he says, if we might, then all the names are in the hat. And Carl's annoyed that he gets put with Lenny, I feel like oh nuts was the gag of the week in the writer's room because it's get said so often in this episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it didn't feel like they were trying.
Speaker 4: To create a catch right now. It's like, well, it's a bit. Yeah, this is the bit Homer and Burns get put together. Smithers's like, what do you mean? I thought we were going to be reading this will frankly be in a bit of a pill lately. What do we always fight on vacation? Smith is now on his own. I did love this and we paired with me and it is wener. Smith's great, perfect, That's just perfect. We've all been a situation where it just feels like nothing's going right. But they start the race, shoots, the gun, goes into the snow. Everyone starts running off, shooting stuff out of the snow. I just got here. What a great opening act. That's pretty good. Nothing was wasted, there was no filler. It all set up the story. Yeah, just really well handled. We're now at the visitor center with Marche and the kids. Bart's with the bear and this is one of the more iconic moments from the episode.
Speaker 6: Only who can't prevent Forest Fires? You pressed you referring to me, that is incorrect. The correct answer is you.
Speaker 4: So he asked, can we go outside to play? Marge says, yep, sure, no worries my nitpick use the term apple cheek, which I liked. My nitpick is coming up though, a little bit later, Marge says, but Lisa, where are you what You've just told them they can go outside and play? Why are you looking for them in the visitor center? Have you looked outside? Well, no, it's like that's where you told them they can go play. It's that microscopic eye for detail that sets you apart.
Speaker 5: It's that kind of.
Speaker 4: Thing that's gonna get this man. I learned it from you dead. Smithers is angry and we get the bony all behind which slaye me as a kid.
Speaker 1: How could you do this to me, mister Burns, After all I've done for you, Why if you were here, I kick you right near bony all behind bony.
Speaker 6: All behind bony all behind bony all behind.
Speaker 4: Bony behind the way.
Speaker 3: Thank you Simpson. They have been watching my figure.
Speaker 4: But then shoots the snowball off the tree. I like the idea that he knew Lisa would enjoy the idea the two snowflakes that identical to each other. Oh boy, really and shoots the snowball hits mister Smithers, so he's little Randy. Oh great, it's the Bubbsy Twins. I appreciate the fact that he immediately apologized because it just felt out a character for him to be mean to Button Lisa. And it's just frustrated. He's just frustrated, And that's what happens. Sometimes you get frustrated. Sometimes I say things. I go, okay, Al, I'm sorry. I didn't meant to yell, but I'm just I've had enough. Sometimes you just hit that breaking point you I felt like the equivalent for you is when technology is not working your way very much and you've just had enough.
Speaker 5: This is why Dan and I record in the same room as opposed to try to do it remotely.
Speaker 4: But just push push that button. But we couldn't. We couldn't film it though. If you were in the same room, that zoom in your face and it wouldn't. Yeah, you know, no one likes that. Everyone likes that. They okay, but they offered to help him, and yeah, I just thought this was a great set up. Smithers button Lesa. You don't see them sort of working together very often, so it was just nice to something fresh, you know, something different, And it's also nice to see someone The dynamic I liked about this is that someone who isn't used to having to deal with kids correct now has to hang out with kids. But he also it's kind like a big kid himsel because they see them in the Malibu Stacey episode. He collecks right, the dolls and whatnot. So he asked Bart for the time twelve eighty? What comes after one? Was it twelve one? I said, after twelve? How are your kids with after one? When with a clock as opposed to a digital clock. They haven't quite worked out the clock yet. Yeah. I wondering if the kids are the kids of today, not just your kids, the children they still teach them, I would hope. So, yeah, they still teach them to right, thank God? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh big hand in little hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. Alice getting really good at reading and writing. It's incredible. You know, he's been at school for six.
Speaker 5: Months now and county toothpicks.
Speaker 4: Yes, humans can just just learned, man like he's been God. So it's incredible, Like how quickly. This picks it up. He's like we're walking down the street. It's just like the does that say Buxton? Like that the real estate. I was like it does. He reads words and he goes X exciting, fantastic, And I was like, these are words you've never read.
Speaker 5: Before, and it's why we need to teaching because I've got no idea how to sort of teach that. Yeah, but you really want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well we went to the classroom yesterday. It was just afternoon that had like little parents can come in for the last half and hour kind of thing and just watching the class work and just the way, just the basics. And you're like, I probably did this same thing to learn as but I don't remember. I don't remember how I learned. It's just because I just know how to do it. Yeah, you don't remember, as we said before, how to lay the groundwork. Yeah, okay, Yes, this is the alphabet, and this is how certain words sound together, and way this word is a bit like that words it might sound a bit like that, oh that kind of business thing.
Speaker 5: We're humans.
Speaker 4: We're not bad, so we are bad. Oh we're bad, not bad at some things. We're well designed, revolved well, yes, it could be better though.
Speaker 5: We're working on that down Elon's working on that.
Speaker 4: But speaking of people who are doing the wrong thing, but right reveals here that there's this far too much. I always bring it back, far too much hysteria about the so called cheating. It's my dude, is American to do it? If I can capitalize in a situation, just justifies it. And home at the end, mister burns eye assist that we cheat. And you always hear that the Olympics have just wrapped up. Yeah, you know, I watched one sport for about fifteen minutes. I bought the fifteen dollar package from Stan didn't watch any of it. Nick, I'm like, the Olympics have finished. I'm always excited by the idea of the Olympics, and then they come around and we just watch mad Men. What.
Speaker 5: First of all, I can't I can't fault that. I mean watching we gave up on Lost. You gave up on the Lost.
Speaker 4: We got two seasons in season Finally of season two, I went to Nicola. I just don't tell much other stuff happening. Well, it's just it's stupid. The point that it lost me. Right, I was just one little quick grand viewers of Lost will understand. They want to get into this room. It's like a hatch hid the hatch, and they want to blow it up. This this guy Echo, mister Echo, wants to blow it up, right, yes, So he sets off this giant Dyna white bomb in this hallway where there's no escape, right, and he gets encased in the flames. Just this whole hallways full of flames. He's incinerated. Right. Five minutes later we come back, he's just laying on the floor. He's closed out of and burnt. His skin's not burned. I'm just like, I'm done. I'm just done. And we did. We just went through Disney Plus and read the descriptions of each episode and then we watched it. And we watched like the last fifteen minutes of the final episode, and I was like, thank god, we didn't commit six seasons to this ship. But then Madman. I was like, because I really want to start watching Madman again. So we started rewatching it yesterday and what a show?
Speaker 5: What a show?
Speaker 4: What's it on?
Speaker 5: Is which streamer?
Speaker 4: I have the physical cupies? I'm ready It's also on Netflix. Oh cool, yes, but I want to watch it with Calvin Cannies. We're going to do a TV launch port on mad Man. Maybe we should. Yeah, we'll throw it into the people. The current one is Cheers or Fraser, and at the moment Fraser is when oh, okay, yeah, I was kind of the point I wanted to do Cheers. One thing let people vote is that democracy doesn't work.
Speaker 5: It's a bad time to say that my choices were Cheers or Frasier. Not the pole should be between Cheers and Fraught. I thought they're two good options. They are two good options. It also means you didn't do the work, you didn't come.
Speaker 4: Up with them. No, well, I was going to suggest Cheers, and then you're just to Cheers a prasi and I was like, oh, you've already suggested one of mine. So I just I'll clean the loser. You can clean the winner. You say that, okay, fine, No, it's good. What do you think of I thought of wholesome sitcom Cheers just coming straight to my mind, wholesome sickcoms because of the theme song. I guess no, just the ever vibe with the show is just wholesome, isn't it? Norm to you? My hero is it's that guy.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it is at the very end of the cheers grand sequence, but it's the guy who's just he looks so happy, that guy. Yeah, everything's going that guy's way. Yeah, what today is?
Speaker 4: What a lord?
Speaker 5: Okay, where were we?
Speaker 4: He's better to reveal the horseless sleigh. He's like, well, you do know a lot about hitting. I'm older than you. And they seek when Homer gets on a lot of callbacks in this, so the all nuts is a bit of a callback. And then he says it call back to when Kyl says him seeking in the snow? Here is a call back to when Burns sunk in the snow with a gun? Or is it just them reusing gags? Let's just go a callback.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm trying to write a script at the moment. I'm trying to do this forever but committed for August, like get a whole bunch of shit down on paper. And I'm finding as I'm going, he's.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, this relates. It's even unconscious I'm that good. But I'm like, oh, oh this can relate to that. Oh, I've got themes.
Speaker 5: And ideas that are calling back and echoing all through this thing. So I'm gonna get him the benefit the doubt and say it's all deliberate.
Speaker 4: It's a callback. But they went back at the visitor center. Now this is where Marge is looking for Barton Lisa. I just never got this. I don't understand the point of it, the whole John John Muir Moire whatever. It is, him being sort of slowing his each and March being sort of scared by the video it was. It's the most bizarre scene. Yeah, it feels more if I'd rather a chalk gag this said of this, it feels more like texture than anything that actually moves the story forward. I think they're trying to say, oh, it's a weird play. They said before.
Speaker 5: About how look how funding has been cut and there's nothing fun anymore. They haven't had a chance to update or upgrade this in a very long time. This is stuff that was probably a huge hit in like nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is Dan Castlenada made the funny voice in the writers. Oh we're gonna work that in somewhere.
Speaker 5: We're working in some way. I mean imagine like close to one hundred years ago. You know, you you don't have the television. You don't mean you don't know shit, like, wow, an expedition to the woods, fantastic, and that looks like a human being.
Speaker 4: It's not that, but it's talking to me. What's what? What devilry? Is this talking bad? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It would blow your fucking mind. But now they've got no money. It's like, oh, this is a big hit of seventy five years go.
Speaker 4: But and it's still But this was a projector right, this wasn't a statue.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, but I'm talking about yeah, just exhibits and things. Just it was a big deal back.
Speaker 4: In the day.
Speaker 5: And you have not kept pace with the times. What's like by virtual being lazy or not having any money or something like that. I put on dinosaurs, the Hanson Jim handsOn dinosaurs, not the Mama the baby right for Allien now who likes dinosaurs, and they can't.
Speaker 4: Just quite get it. They're like, yeah, but they're not real dinosaurs. I'm like, yeah, but you do understand that the magic it's got into making this show, they're real. They existed. I put the cartoon and I'm like, but that's that's not real.
Speaker 5: These seas are not real, but they're real.
Speaker 4: That there's people in there that this is. This is robots and stuff.
Speaker 5: It's good that you've been big up being Elliott and his curiosity and his obviously big brain that he got from his dad and of course Nikola Nikola, but he's still got to grasp suspension of disbelief.
Speaker 4: We're not quite there. Whoa, we're halfway there. Watches Drussic Park now and he's like, yeah, I've watunate and he goes, they're not real, are there? I was like, no, they're not around. He's like, they look really like I.
Speaker 5: Know, should have been around ninety three games.
Speaker 4: That's the beauty of the Joussy Park one. It's like there's not much cgi That fucking t rex was there. Oh absolutely, it was terrifying. Oh you were there, but I mean blew our mind. I was seeing for the first time, going, I know that other ship ain't real, but that's a fucking dinosaur.
Speaker 5: All right. But we're back at the place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, margin she's looking around the visitor center. This is a center and she says, we're to find my kids. So I like it. It's called mant useful. Yeah, I just find that funny goes to find them on the chair lift and the chances finding them are slim to nils. There they are and they wave smiders waving as well.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, what happens now? Actually, you know, folds into my theory about Yeah, they just can't upgrade anything. It's like, oh, there's Breton, No how the world?
Speaker 4: It's just Margin's story. The ranger is actually quite funny throughout, isn't it? Yeah? What was was making with her at this point?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: Was maggy? Was she holding making on the chair lift? Seems dangerous? I don't remember, Yeah, not quite sure. But Burns and Homer now celebrating. You know, you're the richest guy I know, more than Lenny. So is that was that sort of thing that Lenny was apparently rich? Covermber There was a gag where he's got a wife and who knows. They change it all the time. Sometimes he says, don't put in tep people the rich. Who knows? But our Burns here, have I skipped something? Oh it actually I've skipped Something've skippedhere birds and have arrived.
Speaker 8: We have several hours before the others arrive. Let's see we get comfitte. Now we have electricity. This propeane tank wills the players were heat and this doorner properly turned will allow us access to the cabin.
Speaker 2: No going through the window for us.
Speaker 4: And therese where the kids are just annoying with this. My favorite bit was Bart saying knows gold dis mountain, I don't know, I need check. What did you find that had like a spread? A true? True? Are there any animals that aren't injured? And there's and there's damn virus whatever. Now they're celebrating and then I lock the you're the riches go, I know, I trade it all for a little more. Long's philosophy are life?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they boast about a good sit yes. And as you're sitting in the sheet, it's like this when you just relax, you're like this is great.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's like you ever tried this one?
Speaker 4: We'll our couch now has zero gravity excuse me. So basically it feels like you're floating when you're laying down now it feels like you're floating in water essentially, not not water like a waterbed, but you feel like you're waitless. You realize that when we've wrapped up these episodes, I'm gonna go other sit like it's it's weird because you go on back and then because your legs are on the foot rest, if you just look not slightly the legs rest coach, they're sort of uplight that, so your legs are sort of like elevated a bit. So you're sort of laying there and you're like the back massage happening, and it's like, I don't it looks like you were doing home this thing where it's like, oh, yeah, see, Homer, Homer, because you said Nicola and I were very rare treat ourselves to things like, you know, a nice couch or a nice bed. So when we were just like you know what, we'll got shot of the catch, we went, let's just fucking treat ourselves. We bought the most expensive gag they had with all the glitz and the glamor, and then arrived. We're all like, good on us, well done, We've earned this. We looked over the kids and just a fucking mess, and I was like, we have earned this a lot. Yeah, but yes, as I said that, the celebrating the good sit, the only hard part is getting up. So he shows him the move to get the dip and he's now in his debt. Then they cheers with the wine glass, which causes the avalanche. It's a nice to Act too. Act three the act too and Act three is trying to get out of this situation, a good point.
Speaker 5: I liked how Homer is just you would think that this is going to set up the avalanche, but no, it's the thing of the champage glasses. It's an obvious gag, but it's a good gag.
Speaker 4: Lenny, here's something, He's like, here's something did I? I don't know? So you can kind of see that Lenny would be annoying. But you know this it felt out of nowhere a little bit, didn't it.
Speaker 5: This antagonism, Yeah, felt new and quite frankly I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never liked it. Home and then checks the doors and the windows and see the snow's coming in like that. It's felt very classic Simpson to go back to the door again. Yes, and then they realized there's no way out. The Burns sends the telegraph the SOS and where does it go?
Speaker 5: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Moose? Samuel Moore? Samuel Moore, that's right. The exhibit ye in the museum has a little cob web on it. Yeah. Yeah, no one's going to museums. But I feel like I feel like museums are made. If someone of ad comeback, I feel like they're not cool. But people more kind to go out to the museums Now I think so. Yeah, But for a while there, maybe it's just my age. At the time, I was like, I gone to a museum. Now that I'm older, I'm like, you know what, it's a good museum. Good god. Oh, I knew I was getting old. We're driving on the other day and I was like, hey, kids, No, when I was a kid, this Nicholas like, look at you. This did I was like, oh no, I'm old man Dando. I was like this when I used to live and this is you know, when I was a kid, this was here, and then that was that. Good Times said some take a good look around because it's your hometown. Lenny and Carlon arrive, but there's nothing there. They can't find it. Oh maybe it was like metaphorical. They said there'd be sandwiches. If you're probably sandwiches and there's no sandwiches, you would be somewhat disappointed.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something when we when we wrap up recording today, I am a good sandwich. Well, yeah, because I'm going to Melbourne tonight to see a previous screening of Alien Romulus.
Speaker 4: Oh why was my invite? Probably could have it, probably could have come along. Okay, next time, next time. Yeah, I'm going to see Trap. See I haven't I haven't seen tramp. Oh I'm going to see it. I'm seeing it tomorrow tonight with Nico on Tuesday tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on day night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very nice because like, what are we going to have seen? I'm like, trap? Is this the first trap? And they know it's just a trap, but you know he is kind of a first trap and you're going.
Speaker 5: To the first step three. That's what you should have said. She it's implied. Yes, So I'm seeing that tonight. I'm gonna leave a bit early and I'm going to stop by Rocos Delicatestan in Yarraville because they.
Speaker 4: Do a fucking excellent sand Shout out to Rocos.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Rocos, friend of the pot. I'm the only friend of guys.
Speaker 4: I'm going to quickly look up Rocos the Rocos Delhi Yes, in Reville. Is it a forty five minute detour? Like the fucking donut shot was that time? No, but I might go to that donut think one hundred and sixty thousand follows on Instagram. It must be, it must be decent. Oh they do it just just one store, Yeah, tiny little deli. Holy fuck, look at those sandwiches, know right, that's insane.
Speaker 5: Use your magic editing skills, you or Zach with the video to sort of cut in just a not even subliminal shot.
Speaker 4: Of like sandwich. There's just there's a timeless of them putting all this excess meat on a roll. Don't Is that just how much you get on a normal one? Or that this like double meat, double meat, double meat.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's double meat, but you the basic role is comes with you know, all the anti pasto stuff and you can put either two or three meats in there and we.
Speaker 4: Get Proshuoto and mortar Della. That's insane. Really, we need to get these guys friends in the pot. I think so I'm gonna starting other people say, hey want to be fans in the parks? And how often do we talk about sandwiches all the time? We should be eating sandwiches right now. On the podcast Rocks if you're listening or watching, say us some sandwiches. Yeah, I will take a picture of myself with the sandwich. I'll try to please don't no, no, but I'll try to be like the Homer one. Yeah, yeah, no, you have to do a time lapse and like after a week, Louise, I'd like to be lowered the sandwich for a minute. You're gonna eat it, yes, but anyway, yes, so I'm definitely going to rock as for a good sandwich seems like a good decision. Yes, all right? Are you going a message from Zach? How are you going to Zach? I won't read it what he says as guys, shut up yet, tangents please no more? But yeah, I sort of saying, so basically, they think there's gonna be sandwiches there, and there's no sandwiches. Yep son. We panned down and see birds in Homer a stake. By the way, did I mention I'm gonna have a sandwich? Lad did? Yes? From Roccos Dali in Narroville. So they panned down and we see birds and Homer are digging their way out. So I'm not the digger I promised. I was started supervising. Yes, I can start supervised supervisor's home. They get out. Hope it does a good job here. Home is actually good in this episode. It makes mistakes so that it brings the family. But like that was innocent of course. Yeah, and then you know Burns an associated what am I king? Burns and teammate. They get out, They give a high five, which causes another avalanche, and if you noticed, just before the commercial break, he says, don't and then another avalanche starts just before the commercial break. We come back there, speaking very quietly because they're causing more avalanches. What happened?
Speaker 2: You think when we yield because another avalanche.
Speaker 3: We should be careful not to speak unless it's absolutely persively necessary.
Speaker 9: You are gosh avalancious than I think, Dame Adopt.
Speaker 4: Let's go. So they start blaming each other, now that the last one was your faults and now Kevin favs starting to get in and this is this is exactly what would happen after a while, probably about this quickly, but after a whid be like, oh, well, if.
Speaker 5: You're in a tense and possibly life threatening situation, you know, friends really are, Yeah, there's a chance you're gonna blame it on someone. It's like, I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't exactly that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Does he say? Is this where says it's like so so buttons? Yes? What the Burns? So Lenny and car then find the new cabin. They think, well, I think this must be it because there's nothing else around. Burns and finds the Berzuka Joe comic which he read seven years ago, and the Hammer suggests maybe should build snow men we built real man. Even Homer's like, oh shit, this guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, he's doing a whole.
Speaker 4: It's the Spirits moose. Yes, get in. Yeah, everyone is cold in the other cabin. Why is that cold? There's a fire. Shouldn't it be fine? But it's no propane, I guess, and Lenny chucks the moose in. They walk in, Spiers and the kids. The moose is on fire. Good. I don't care. I'm last. I'm going to be fired. No, you're not last. I just love the way that they always refer to birds as birds by and help I have made it.
Speaker 5: I think Lenny really wants to like Burns or or just wants his approval. I means everyone's approval, which is based solely on the fact that the fact that he just called Burns and also the thumbs up there.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's all my evidence. It's just a nice guy. But I feel like they made Lenny pathetic as the seasons went on, as opposed to as growing When I was growing up, it always felt like, who's the one Simpsons character you'd want to be as your friend. It just felt like Lenny. Lenny was the one. You just felt like it feel like you'd have your back, You'd always be around, hey len Cover watching footy? Yeah, sure go, you nothing else to do, Like you feel he'd always be there when you want him, And then it's made not there when you don't. Yes, and then it has made him annoying pathetic as the show went on. But so they've realized here that Homer and Birds are trapped in the cabin and Spinders is concerned about Burns, and are the kids concerned about Homer? Obviously, then they're building their snowmen. He's less a snowmen than a guards got full toowty lips. Yes, he has indeed, what fifty meters or fifty miles fifty meters of small intens and he says fifty miles, though, does he yeah, because I was just thinking about the coming. Surely that can't be right. He says, small intestine? How long small intest and is twenty two feet seven meters on average? Okay, he does say fifty miles, though, it says, Well says this is miles. I'm certain I was just like that seems like a lot. That's a lot of smaller. So then he says, well, we'll managed to stay off cabin fever for a few hours, and Homer suggests dressing them. Yes, let's do that. So they take their clothes off to dress these snowmen. Burns stinks look at them with their cloves makias and makes home a paranoid as well, what do we do? Wouldn't you like to know? Burn's lost his mind? Yes, yes. The Ranger and Margin arrive at the cabin and they realize, Hey, the other cabin should be over there. I know this is the Ranger station. I'll like the get my way. You were drunk, where's Ranger or whatever? I'm right here behind and drunk. They realize the cabin's gone, though.
Speaker 6: The only other cabin is right over there.
Speaker 2: Huh, look at all these avalanches. Do you think they could have buried the cabin.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 6: They didn't come here for the Mountain Music Festival March fourteenth to eighteenth.
Speaker 4: He reminds me of remember the b guy, you know, the guy that's just like quiet little two quite remember the guys that worked at the bee Hive and got the sugar. That's right, Simpson, you die burns in Homer then have their stare off. He's trying to hypnotize me the good Las Vegas. Well, I've always been intrigued by the idea of hypnotism, and gone, I don't believe it, but I feel like I have to try it, just to just to confirm with myself, to just just to make sure, because I don't believe it's true.
Speaker 5: Right, But how would you know?
Speaker 4: But you wouldn't. This is the thing. If I, Nicko would have to be there, right, and if I get hypnotized and remember it, Nicola would wouldn't bullshit hold the camera up? Yeah, yeah, so you actually did clock like a chicken? Yeah yeah, yeah, you dropped your pants and you're saying what my gray may show it what she used to be. You know what I mean, just you don't let me hypnotized. That was no, but Burns then says, you know, I think use me as a carcass and ribe me down the hill. So they have a big fight. Burns genuinely tries to kill Homer Hill the fire poker. But this, this is a bit where they've got the imaginary army's behind them, right, yeah, political powers. I never liked that line for some reason.
Speaker 5: I just didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't feel home. I did it no, and it didn't feel like much of a gag. Just feels a bit silly. Yeah. I don't know anyway what Sportswater thinks about it. I would just love to know what did here. Probably not his gag, now maybe it was his. I don't think it was his game completely rewrote it. He would have had the cabin fever aspect to it. I'd just love to know how Sportsword would handle this. I always thought that was a bit odd as well. John Buddy, come on the show, let us know. I don't have to be here. Give me you and Dando hit the head, but he cuts open the the propane. Yes, Hank Kill style. That's what I was thinking every time. It's all propane, and they realized about to go down. Homer buddy. They embraced the house flies off, completely unrealistic, this would never happen. But whatever, what the ranger, Let's take him over to him with the children. Kids, Your dad's going to be just okay. Put on your cop handing gloves. You've got some frozen bodies out there, but but buys it here. At least that's gonna be okay. Then Lisa sees the cabin and knows he hits a shrew on the way through. Yeahs hits on the shrewes home appraiser did protect his roucket house and all within this everyone bails. What's Lenny say? Keketron's breaks whatever, whatever, and the cabin stops next to them. Lenny Yeah, walks out and uh, marg kids and Burns reminds them it's still a competition. Last one in gets fired. They all run in. Lenny is last one in, nuts Nuts gets fired. Then he asked, do we learn about teamwork? We did? Letny's not fired after all? Lenny falls in the hole nuts.
Speaker 8: Well, Simpson, I must see, once you've been through something like that with the person, you never want to see that person again.
Speaker 2: You said it, Yeah, weirdo.
Speaker 4: I like this ending in the sense that it sets up the status quo, but it also doesn't They can go either way because this ending here is very open ended. Smithers and Burns might still like each other, but they probably won't. And I like the way that's loves to open ended like that, because do you mean Homer and Burns or Smithers Smiths. I meant Hammer and Burns. Yeah, the way they're sort of like staring at laughing staring because the thing is it gives you the chance to and they do take this or try to have more Homer Burns stories going forward. Well, it's it's like the ending of the Breakfast club. Well you yes, that's the end of the Breakfast.
Speaker 5: But they have a bit where it's like, you know, when we see each other in the halls on Monday, will we even acknowledge each other?
Speaker 4: So I don't know if we will.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I reckon they didn't hang out, but they just acknowledged. There's an unspoken except from Bender John Bender, Yes, not Bend to the Robot. I don't know. But Bender is so cool. He's the bully, right he's But yes, I feel like though, if they needed his help, he'd probably help them.
Speaker 5: He'd probably step up. He's underneath all the bravado on the there's smoke up, Johnny, He's probably solemn enough.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: Yes, have you watched the documentary Brats about the Back Have on Disney Play?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I saw the ad for it.
Speaker 5: We got together for more. Margaret Mary's third ninety fourth ye celebration on last the celebration on last Sunday.
Speaker 4: The birthday is this Thursday. Happy Birthday, Margaret Mary.
Speaker 5: And my sister Margin was.
Speaker 4: Saying, if you say brats, it's terrible, and we went off on Andrew mccarthury. Have you seen it? I have not, but I've read, but I'd read a bit about it, just like I don't like it. But do you and your sister like the same things?
Speaker 5: Margot?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, the other one fuck? Margaret and I had kind of similar taste in a lot of in the long regards. All right, Well, that is our review of Mountain of Madness, A fantastic episode of the SIMPCE. It's hard to go wrong when you go in like season four through eight, isn't it. There's not too many duds, No, there's a couple off we didn't get the Duds, a couple of episodes that I just really don't like. I also don't like they're not bad. It is my least favorite, okay, my least favorite here it is, guys. My least favorite Simpsons episode from the Golden era is My Sister, My Sitter, where Lisa becomes the babysitter of Bart and Bart is just for no reason being a shithead and ruining it for Lisa, and it's just spiteful and it's not funny.
Speaker 5: I remember the synoptis and the vague shape of it, but I might have to go back and rewatch it, and then you and I.
Speaker 4: Can have a debate because I like Dana. This is one of the best. We'll soon find out find out or am I go?
Speaker 5: Dando? You were right, as I often do.
Speaker 4: Now I threw out to the patrons quickly for some questions from out the badness? Should you get through a couple?
Speaker 2: Bail is here.
Speaker 4: Dan Stazinski, who we got it right? Yes, we got it right.
Speaker 5: He says, what did he just get married and just had a kid?
Speaker 4: Now it's the kid. Dan says, what would your first actions be if you were snowed in depends what you were snowed in as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point. I probably killed Dando on Eddie's body.
Speaker 4: I don't think I can ever result of can It'd have to be like last straw, don't you think?
Speaker 5: Well, given that I just said, I would nobly sackos myself in a burning building or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would probably not. Ben Lionzo says, have you ever had to team up with a boss for something before potentially realizing how could? Have you ever had to team up with a boss before? Boss for something before potentially realizing how you could take advantage of the situation? So being is being with the boss and a team or whatever tend with the boss?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I never have.
Speaker 4: I feel like the bosses always keep themselves separate, right, Yeah, I think that's usually the way or the safest way is and I've generally been my own boss. Yes, Teleah in Riquez, How well would you to survive checking up a mountain like the characters? Would you say the way the ranger acted towards the kids was appropriate or would you rather kids face the hard, cold truth? And who would be support? Who would be who would support you? In who would be support you in of your snowman army delusions? I don't understand that, like question so toly, who would be in your snowman army? Whould be in the army? That is a delusion. I would have all right, nineteen ninety eight Bill Golbo from WW. I would have Connor McGregor. He's a madman.
Speaker 5: He's sort of a very tough person.
Speaker 4: Who would you have? I would have Dave Batista Batista? Okay, yeah, I can't pronounce the guy's their name, Francis Nagano. He's like an MMA guy.
Speaker 5: I forgot. He's from an African country and he's just a fucking slaughter house. Okay, yeah, I don't know. But it would be fighters, essentially, fighters. I don't think we'd have too many diplomats.
Speaker 4: On political Political powers are useless in a war this when it comes to the actual fist fighting.
Speaker 5: That's true. Yeah, I mean you would think that if you got political powers, is going to be diplomacy. But no, I mean, yeah, Abraham Lincoln iss, let's get ready to rumble. This was like a three part question from Talia say, let's wand the tape back of it. What was the first one.
Speaker 4: How would you and I go survive your mountain like the character? I think we do.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, be fine, depending on the mountain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I applied. I nearly got through. I got through to the final round of the Amazing Race once, like to get onto the show with my old friend Michael.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We sent it out an audition tape. We had to do sort of like a zoom call with him a Skype I think it was at the time. It's like twelve fifteen years ago. And then we got past that and then we're down to like the final step, and we didn't because Michael was that Michael couldn't get something to do with his work. But we wouldn't have got through anyway, but you wouldn't It worked out that we wouldn't. We didn't get through, but even if we did, we wouldn't have been able to do it something to do with Michael's work. Yeah, okay, Yeah, I applied to be on it and they said.
Speaker 5: You're too amazing. Well, well, I said, look, I'm not I'm not leaving Australia. I'm not going to be any foreign country. And they said, well, you're too much of an amazing racist to be on the Amazing Race. Oh yeah, but yeah, I've always known this was that gag worth it. I don't know you let me know.
Speaker 4: All right. That'll do for the questions, because we've got to do another podcast after this datement.
Speaker 5: We certainly do, and I've got a sandwich to it.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, guys, thanks for you support here at four finger discaut and I remember if you were watching this on YouTube, hit that subscribe button, give us a thumbs up and comment below and tell us what you think of amount of manness, what do you think of the show in general? We do read all the comments, and if you want to get in touch with us, it is mail bag at four fingre discount dot com dot you. We do read all of your emails to continue to send them through. Continue to please rate and review us on Apple podcasts with Spotify three hundred and forty something reviews now on Spotify, I want to try and hit five hundred. So there's thousands and thousands and thousand of you listening out there right now. Just need another one hundred and fifty ish of you to listen to Spotify. Go on there, give us five stars, nothing to leave, nothing less, then just leave takes five seconds, five seconds for five stars do it. It's a very good motto. Let's do it well then five seconds, five stars, five stars and five seconds. All right, guys, thanking you for your support. Next episode, we're gonna be doing a season nineteen review. It is that departed the debarted, yes, not departed. I'll take off the departed. I love this episode. Can't wait for that, but for now, I sadare's any final words for those incredible supporters out there. I trade all your listeners for a little more listeners.
Speaker 7: S