Speaker 1: One on one point three Ktewb's fallon and Cold. Every time I come into work and it's a day like this where it's like rainy or gross or whatever, You're the first person I think of cold because you ride your bike into work every day, and I just imagine you. And you know what, I realized you're kind of your movie's coming out pretty soon.
Speaker 2: That the soundtrack to your life.
Speaker 3: Which what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Which wicked witch vibes? Because wickets coming out? And I imagine every time you ride into work on your e bike it sounds like like this.
Speaker 4: You know, I feel like this sometimes as I'm like cycling, like I pretend to bike even though it's like doing it for me, just I don't look lazy. Yeah, And every time I'm like, Josh, you need a little dog in the front, little basket.
Speaker 1: Be so cute. But did you ride your bike into work today?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I got a ride from my wife. She was like, did you do your chores this morning? Like yeah, Like all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you, perfect, We're gonna come back. We're gonna do anyone listening who in five minutes on Katie w B one on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Colt and some.
Speaker 2: Crusty old weather out there.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I'm cold too.
Speaker 1: It's getting dark like two twenty these days. Now you gotta add rain to it. And today I like, okay, So I don't know how you are. But when I take my dog out, so Dolly, we have a visible fence. She has the call over. Frank's little so we don't have him on that yet. We like walk out with him and we like hover over on a right. Neighbors dogs are Dolly's mortal enemies. They also have an invisible fence since there were leaves and everything. The area that Dolly goes to the bathroom is right near that border, and it's also worreshy poops. Today, I love that Jake and I continuously put on each other's shoes to take the dogs out, like whatever shoes are by the door.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: So I'm in the world's largest schmirking stocks and I call them that because I didn't order them the name brand kind. I got them smirking stocks from Amazon. I'm flip flopping out like scuba diver's shoes to the yard. The dogs are out, the neighbors dogs. Dolly's on hi alert. Frank, I have no I'm like, oh no, so I'm chasing him, imagine and like clown shoes and.
Speaker 2: Then I'm dodging poop.
Speaker 1: There's one hundred thousand files of poop everywhere because we've had our fall clean up.
Speaker 3: And I was like, are you screaming for Frank all while this is going down?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I don't want Frank. I don't know, like what the Bible be, because Frank's a puppy. I don't want to get a like attack. Even though anyway it all worked out, they weren't. My shoes don't really care if a step in dog poop?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you that?
Speaker 1: Say, Frank, what is.
Speaker 4: It about leaves that entices dogs to go more? Because I literally the fiber and the leaves, it's lined up. I have about seven shoes that I refuse to clean just outside of my house right now.
Speaker 3: It's just in my life.
Speaker 1: It's actually your despicable Me's like, can.
Speaker 4: You clean my black boots today? I'm like, yeah, I'll get around, but it's just so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my's in your yard, dude.
Speaker 4: I tried to keep these women in my household. Listen what they explain that comic dma amount of food they give Percy. I'm not around to stop it, all right, And I'm the one that takes Percy to the bat dog.
Speaker 3: I get fat shamed.
Speaker 4: I get fat shamed at the bat because my wife and my children are just continuously feeding this dog throughout the day.
Speaker 2: So he goes bad about you. It's about your dog.
Speaker 1: Why it doesn't that has something to do with a cleanup of the poop in the yard?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean when you go ten times a day like Percy.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like, Well I called Jake on the way home, and I've always been the poop clean up person. But yeah, but I was like today I had it. I called I out in the way. I said, you when you get home, I don't. He always has an excuse. He's all those like full rain today, it looks like it's gonna rain. Better not pick it up. Oh it was still a little too sunny today. I'm like, that makes no sense. I said, I don't care if it is torrential down for when you get home today, you have to.
Speaker 2: Clean that up piece.
Speaker 3: That's what you utilize a step son for. You send Dylan out there.
Speaker 2: Dylan works more than me and Jake do.
Speaker 3: It's busy.
Speaker 2: So anyway, how about you anyone listening right now?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like anyone else listening that has a yard full of it right now?
Speaker 2: You know you gotta do something about it.
Speaker 4: But you have it, and it's because the leaves hide it and you're like, yeah, I don't see anything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well a lot of people are like, Okay, we're just gonna transition into winter now and the snow will cover it up. But like my choice, that's a bad choice. That's gonna make for a really nasty spring. Don't do it to yourself. Six nine eight nine Katiewb. Anyone listening whose yard is just bombed right now? Anyone listening who's obsessed with pickles?
Speaker 3: I got questions, Yeah, and I started this recently.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm pregnant or what, but I just have an urge to put pickles on it.
Speaker 3: I don't even like pickles to put it like you do to put on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you leve them now.
Speaker 3: I think I do like a pickle here and there.
Speaker 1: What I've heard, And anyone listening who never gets road raged just because I don't relate and I want to know, maybe you have some tips on how to remain calm.
Speaker 2: Six y five one nine eight nine Katie w B.
Speaker 1: Throwing cat scatt It's me scatting in case you want to catch me. I don't know where we're performing, looking for a location in the near future. It's falling and colts on one on one point three Katie w B. A little round of anyone listening who they started off nearly stepping in four thousand piles of poop that I discovered since our fall cleanup happened. And so I'm just reaching out and seeing if anyone else falls into that category and less amounts of poop in the yard. If you fit in that category, you can give us a call. Or if you're obsessed with pickles or you never get road rage. Mostly because I'm just like, how and do you have any tips for me? You can call in? So, which category do you fall into?
Speaker 5: Okay, dude, I have a twenty five year old adult son living at home with one hundred and eighty pound dog also refuses to the poop.
Speaker 1: Okay, number one, you need to vict that kid. Number two exactly number two, all weighing one hundred and eighty pounds. I get that's like some rhino sized poop man, that's who raisy?
Speaker 3: How big is it? Can?
Speaker 5: And do you like to poop on my shrub?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just disrespecting the shrub? I know how you get or you trying to fertilize it. Maybe he's helping you out a little bit. How now when you when we're talking about in like size in terms of feet, like how long is it cold?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: It's bad, I can't even. It's like a horsepoo pile.
Speaker 3: It's dry.
Speaker 1: Norman, Okay, you know what you need to change the locks on your house and lock your son out and tell him he can get new access to the house after he cleans up the poop.
Speaker 5: I love that idea.
Speaker 8: I'm going to do that.
Speaker 3: All sounds good. Thank you, Golins.
Speaker 1: Katiew b.
Speaker 2: Which category you fall into.
Speaker 9: The pooh oh man?
Speaker 1: What's your situation? How many dogs do you have? When's the last time you did a clean up?
Speaker 7: Well? Sorry, it's I actually don't have dogs. I do I have.
Speaker 10: We're bunny and it's not a yard that they pop in because they're indoor bunnies in their free room, so you know the ball they end up pooping a lot more.
Speaker 7: Really, we end up finding poop in the most random places in my house.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait wait, where's the most random place on top.
Speaker 7: Of the cabinet?
Speaker 4: Okay, hold up, wait stop, okay wait, I got to reverse a little bit, did you. So you said they say in a tree a tree room.
Speaker 8: No, we have four bunnies.
Speaker 1: So she said they are freealm oh, free room.
Speaker 4: I thought you said they say in a tree room. I'm like, okay, well what is a tree room? And then secondly, so all right, this is a little wild. So you're just letting these bunnies.
Speaker 3: Kind of roam.
Speaker 2: That's what free rom is called.
Speaker 4: But it's this is unimaginable to me because they're bunnies, right, and they're just roaming free in your house.
Speaker 7: I should clarify it if when we're home in their free room, when we're not like right now, they're actually in their room, which is our den. It's like their whole room, and they got tens and they have a TV on the wall that plays Disney constantly.
Speaker 8: Because they're just.
Speaker 4: Your bodies, have a better life than me. They have a house with a den in it. They're just watching Disney all day, pooping on cabinets.
Speaker 7: But we find two in the most random places, like we still have yet to figure out how they got it up on top of the cabinet. We'll find it, you know, where they have never ever been and suddenly we think we have it cleaned up and there's pooh there. And they are relatively litter box trains.
Speaker 1: I thought that rabbits could better box trained, but yours are just they don't. They have no respect for you, your or your house. That's what's happening.
Speaker 7: That's really what it amots to rebbits or you know. I like to say they're the best and worst of dogs and cats wrapped up into one furry lit assassin. But to like their.
Speaker 3: Servants, Did they snuggle up like going to bed with you?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: They love bad time and they each like different different types of movies. We have one that like holes a lot, and then there's one that Monster. He likes to be in the living room. He doesn't like to be on the bed time bed with us, so he'll get his own private time in the living room where he watched his movie. And we we tend not to argue with Monster because he's twenty seven and and a half pounds and if he doesn't want to do something he's not going to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want so much today. Honestly, this hasn't been a valuable time for me.
Speaker 4: This is what happened, Like I just I'm so I'm so thankful for you. And I can't tell if you're crazy or if you have life all figured out.
Speaker 1: One on one point with salent and cults and anyone listening who is obsessed with pickles has way too much dog or whatever kind of I mean, I thought it was gonna be dog stuff, but a woman called him with a rabbit stuff, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Poop everywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm super too right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it never gets road rage simply because I'm just like curious, like do you have any tips? Because my road rage is, you know, out of control?
Speaker 2: Which category do.
Speaker 1: You fall into?
Speaker 11: I love pickles?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 1: Now is this tell me about your pickle fascination and obsession?
Speaker 2: Like how far will you go? Do you drink pickle juice?
Speaker 11: I do I drink pickle juice? And absolutely, if I'm alone, I'll even ask like pot Belly or Jimmy John something for a full pickle. But I asked them specifically not to cut it, just so I can dig out I can fight it and dig out the center and then stuck out all the juice and then like I take it by the really bad but on burgers to the salad anything potato salad floppy does just that cold crunch.
Speaker 5: I love it, and my daughter loves them to it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yes, I gotta be honest. The way you describe dissecting the pickle a little disturbing. But I also I now, I now can have a full picture of your obsession with pickle.
Speaker 3: And it is obsessive and I love that only have no.
Speaker 11: One's around, but that just that perfect like cold against the hot a burger.
Speaker 8: Or sloppy Joels.
Speaker 1: But dude, you're making me hungry falling up next to her in the parking lot at pot Belly and she's just like taking the insides of a pickle.
Speaker 5: They did not give me my pickle, and I got to it.
Speaker 11: I almost cried, like I was very upset with just me. They forgot my pickle and I almost cried.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so, let me talk to the manager moment right there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 3: Hey, Katie, w which category do you fall into?
Speaker 6: I'm falling into not getting much road rage?
Speaker 1: Okay, explain to me how you maintain a level head, like when someone cuts you off or they're going like so slow under the speed limit in the left lane, Like, what what is your tip for me?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, the first thing I'm gonna say is I don't blame people who do get road rage. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: I think it's very normal.
Speaker 6: Now fallin going off of what you said, the best thing I can say is just like, before you get on the road and it's it's harder, especially if you've had like a stressful day at work, anticipate that the roads are gonna suck. Just anticipate there's going to be traffic that you know, no one's going to signal, all the drivers are going to be bad. And then when you get on there and you're like, oh my god, this this ain't that bad. And anytime any little thing inconvenient someone cuts you off or something like that happens, like yes, you're still not going to feel good about it, but you'll feel a lot more in control of what you're doing and being like whatever you know and just kind of brushing it past me or brushing it past yourself.
Speaker 2: Are you like this in all aspects? Of life.
Speaker 6: I wish, Oh, I really wish I was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, do you sound like you are very levelheaded? I'm like me, so I thought maybe you'd had it all figured out.
Speaker 6: I just have that part figured out. Maybe I should start doing that with other aspects of my life. Just anticipate it's gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Lot worse than it really is.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everything sucks. Yeah, that song.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go to Florida for vacation, grow something, get eat mine alligator.
Speaker 3: But if you did, at least you were prepared for it. I guess. I mean, yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 6: I all I know is that this thing just works on the road. Okay, we shouldn't do that for life.
Speaker 3: Maybe not?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you for the tips. We appreciate it, all right, duh. Yeah, honestly, a lot of poop, a lot of pickles, a lot of tips today. Weird gombo, We're gonna come back. There's a song that's finally dethroned Mariah Carries all I went for Christmas? Is you with a new Christmas song? Can't believe who it's by. It's gonna shock you.
Speaker 2: Coming up in the pop Culture Minute in sixth.
Speaker 1: It's the pop Culture Minute with selling and cult on one on one point three kd WB, brought to you by Ovo Lasik and lenz so Ky.
Speaker 2: Middleton.
Speaker 1: She has some really great news. She said to host the Christmas church service in London after beating cancer. They say she's gearing up for the holidays after being given a clean bill of health in her battle with cancer. So she announced she's hosting the fourth annual Christmas Carol service at Westminster Abbey in London.
Speaker 2: And I know that that's like such a relief.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how difficult this time has been for her and the full family. So I just thought that was really great news. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I know, not everyone gets that same, that same clean bill of health, so when you do see it, it's just such a remarkable thing. Jessica Simpson and her husband, they just keep muling rumors they're getting divorced, neither wearing a ring, and she's like, no, not true. But then like her close friend was like reaching out to divorce lawyers and it's like why, but her husband ditched it while he's out for his walk. I don't know if that means anything. But they've been married for a decade and it just seems weird that he'd be out and about, specifically seen without his ring. If they're trying to control the rumors of a divorce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like he's trying to show it off.
Speaker 2: It does it does.
Speaker 6: He is?
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, what am I missing?
Speaker 1: I just did one of those like little games with my daughter in the Highlights book last night, Like what's missing from this picture that's in this one? He's playing a real life version of that, like, oh, it's his it's his wedding ring. As it turns out, he is now, as we know, every year, Mariah Carey just absolutely owns the music charts because all of it for Christmas is you just stays the number one spot over and over again until a new Queen of Christmas has officially dethroned Mariah on the Christmas song charts, an unlikely candidate. Now, there is one music legend. It's a duet. One half of the music legend is Stevie Nicks. I'm gonna play the clip and we'll see if you can guess who the other half of the duet is. And your honest thoughts on this song, Maybe this.
Speaker 12: Christ that's Stevie.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, if you're unaware, maybe should we play at the beginning where it's just.
Speaker 2: Him that the song is called?
Speaker 1: Maybe this Christmas, this Christmaster, Maybe this.
Speaker 3: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: It's not bad when you figure out who it is. It's Jason Kelsey chasing now because they're doing like some kind of charity CD clearly, and he, of course what was podcast saying, taking his rightful place as the Queen of Christmas feels so good and obviously the only reason he got to work with Stevie Nicks is because of Taylor Swift too. Spread to Stevie Nicks. But it's not as bad.
Speaker 13: I bet you Travis would be worse, probably just in the middle.
Speaker 4: Of it'd be like Viva no reason about that I forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Travis would probably do an Elvis kind of Christmas cover man.
Speaker 3: Vegas dude, and he would be so good at it too.
Speaker 1: He was saying that, yeah, well, you're welcome for the idea, Travis Kelsey, because.
Speaker 2: I know you needed another job. You need another gig.
Speaker 1: Your girl Colt, you talk about her every day, used to be Gypsy Rose.
Speaker 2: But I think Colts moved on to O.
Speaker 1: Hawk two up. Oh yeah, she has a dating app now, yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Already know all the guys in her DMS.
Speaker 2: You know what's.
Speaker 3: Everybody's hitting it.
Speaker 1: It's called Pooky Tools. Yeah, I'm not getting Pooky Tools. She revealed it and unveiled it on her podcast. It's an uh it says AI sidekick for iPhones to improve connecting with the right person. She named her app after her boyfriend's nickname. Pooky Tool guides singles with helpful dating advice that includes first date outfit ideas, zodiac sign compatibility, and personalized chat suggestions powered by AI. So it's kind of like having a wingman.
Speaker 4: At least she's doing something, you know, like a lot of times, like this guy blew up for eating a potato, a whole potato, right, yeah, got pole potato in his mouth, got like a million followers, and then he just tried putting stuff in his mouth, but like he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: At least she's like trying to capitalize.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I actually like this part of it.
Speaker 1: They say that Pooky Tools evaluates men's profiles to detect the true their true height, predict the likelihood of becoming bald, and it provides aging.
Speaker 2: Filters that project what your.
Speaker 1: Matur will look like at age forty, fifties, sixty, and seventy.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got to have a niche and those are all things that are very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I love that. I love that. That is your pop culture Midden. It's brought to you again my ovo, Lesig and Lens. We're gonna come back check this out. We have Young Gravy tickets. Gravyfest is coming to town to the Armory the day after Thanksgiving, which they say is like the biggest party day of the year, pretty much massive.
Speaker 3: Everybody's in town from college get together.
Speaker 1: You're trying to show off to your high school friends, like a look at me, or maybe you're just trying to drink away your sorrows because you didn't make a lot of yourself and I'm not here to judge. You do what you gotta do. We have those tickets for you when we come back in five minutes on.
Speaker 2: One oh one point three kd W B.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, yes, yes, yes, Young Gravy is coming to the Twin Cities. You know why because he's from here. He's probably coming home for Thanksgiving, Let's be honest. He's like, might as we'll make some money while I'm home. Absolutely, and we've been giving away Young Gravy Gravy Fest tickets kind of like each afternoon. Later, I thought, you know what, people in the two o'clock hour like Young Gravy two. We should get them tickets. We're gonna get you a pair right now. It's the twenty ninth, so the day after Thanksgiving at the Armory and welcome to Collar ten at six five, one, nine, eight nine, Katie w B. We like to do like a little keyword though, to make sure you were like listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the keyword should be like the sound of an elephant makes you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Like why, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just would be fun.
Speaker 1: All right, Well the season I'll just stop an example. You do an example of an elephant.
Speaker 3: You don't deserve it?
Speaker 1: What one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt got these Young Gravy take us to give away.
Speaker 2: Let's do what's your name?
Speaker 1: Brittany, Britty? Do you know what you have to do? Okay, I'm ready for it. Whenever you want to present it.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Okay, it's not gonna be good.
Speaker 8: But I don't even know what to do.
Speaker 3: Did you try?
Speaker 8: Yeah, just go for it.
Speaker 3: Whatever I believe in you?
Speaker 8: Okay, perfect?
Speaker 2: That was perman Elephant. I never heard of bet her Elephant in my life.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Brittany, you got the young Gravy tickets.
Speaker 14: Lovely see you.
Speaker 1: Okay, from one game to the next, We're gonna do a little round of radios categories with a Max for Blex from down at K Fan. He's coming down and he's already here. He's here to join us.
Speaker 3: You ready for this, flesh, I'm always ready. I was born red you know.
Speaker 4: I picked myself up off the mat after I lost last week. I was thinking maybe I should do something different, but then I'm like, no, I just got of me.
Speaker 2: I won't get more of that.
Speaker 3: Five minutes.
Speaker 1: One, one point three Katie w b with fallon Cult Max from down at K Fan.
Speaker 15: What Yo?
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 6: What to do?
Speaker 3: Was Gucci?
Speaker 16: Yo?
Speaker 1: Today's the day for what redemption?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I'm coming up off the ground. I'm like, Rocky, baby, you did take the l pretty good last week. That's okay, did with me last week?
Speaker 1: Okay, it feels right, but yeah, all right, I set up for a humble break.
Speaker 2: Was that me?
Speaker 3: Pull that up? Just a little bit, Max, just a little bit in your mouth? Thank you first. All right, I's gonna disappear. Go on get Nobody loves you, all right?
Speaker 4: Radios categories, Max, We'll have ten categories.
Speaker 3: You know what your letter today? Hmm, I'm gonna go with k ok.
Speaker 4: I'm going McKay and you have a minute to roll through these your time starts now. Things you shouldn't yell in a library Karen. Excuses for being late to work, car weird for powers uh kleptomaniac.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unusual pet names.
Speaker 1: Karl Marx.
Speaker 3: Things you collect quick trip coupons, whoa.
Speaker 4: Yo, that's crazy, that's crazy, okay. Excuses for skipping the gym Koala.
Speaker 3: Attack names for a yacht Cody, Cody body, Cody body. Awkward things to say in an interview, Oh oh man.
Speaker 4: Pro past, terrible first date topics, Oh dang o.
Speaker 3: Canker source anchor so the k I think it might be okay, don't even start with embarrassing items to buy and balk O Kmart shoes. All right, that's your time, that's your time.
Speaker 4: Offense r I p Is it around so fa, fallopian tubes and free.
Speaker 3: That's a good one, though. Did you ever get called that in high school?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: I got called falcon fallinator, sexiest woman in the school.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that, very casual stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, your letter is k Yeah. You haven't minute to go through these. Your time starts now. Things you shouldn't yell in a library.
Speaker 2: Keep your mouth off that okay.
Speaker 3: Excuses for being.
Speaker 13: Late to work, uh, killer bees, weird superpowers, kinetic kinetic abilities, kinetic abilities abilities okay.
Speaker 3: Unusual pet names.
Speaker 13: Old, crinkle cut with a K, crinkle cut two or one, i'n things you connect or things you collect o solid excuses for skipping the.
Speaker 1: Gin killing, killing, my legs are killing? No cramps with a krisp.
Speaker 3: Oh, Krispy Kreme, terrible first.
Speaker 4: Date topics, killer clowns, but okay.
Speaker 3: Names for a yacht.
Speaker 13: King the kingship, kingship okay. Awkward things to say in an interview, keep your hands to yourself.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing items to buy and balk.
Speaker 1: Co text.
Speaker 3: That's your time, that's your time.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back to the library one and I'm gonna go with that was your time, your time, baby, I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did a lot of stretching on that.
Speaker 3: I did a lot of stretches.
Speaker 4: Things you shouldn't yell in the library, Max had, Karen found had keep your mouth off of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both things on one.
Speaker 4: Excuses for being late you you said car car with a K, no cars for kids.
Speaker 1: Foal at killer Bees, that's acceptable, Thank you?
Speaker 3: Weird?
Speaker 4: You want to say you're weird? Superpower Max cleptomaniac.
Speaker 1: You know I steal any Okay, I accepted if you except mine, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Found your weird superpower was connectic abilities. Yeah, I'm gonna guess that's cool. Unusual pet names, Max said, Karl Marx Fallon had crinkly cut.
Speaker 2: Crinkle cut the first cage just one.
Speaker 4: I guess, Yeah, here crinkle cut things you collect quick trip, This is perfect.
Speaker 3: You had quick trip coupon.
Speaker 6: That's a c.
Speaker 3: No, there's quick trip. I'm gonna give them. I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 1: Okay with that, Yeah, that's just getting ridiculous and stuff.
Speaker 4: Well you had to Why don't we use that? You had a two for coming up too? Because excuses for giving a gym? You had Krispy Kreme.
Speaker 3: Mas had a Koala attack game.
Speaker 2: They usually have chlamydia too.
Speaker 3: Whole committee with a character.
Speaker 7: I was in Australia.
Speaker 9: I held one flex She's not like Petill got it.
Speaker 4: Terrible first date topic. Max had canker sore fe.
Speaker 2: That's a sea.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, you can't give him every single wrong one and say it's okay. You have to not count some call. Let's getting ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Balan had killer clowns. That is true, but we did. Okay, you've got to take some mom names. For a yacht, we had Cody boat for Max. Fallon had kingship.
Speaker 2: I let you have it, but usually Cody's also a seat.
Speaker 4: You'd be ridiculous say in an interview, Yeah, sorry, we had Max had nothing. You had to keep your hands to yourself and a ten embarrassing items to buy and balk.
Speaker 3: You had cotex. Yeah, Max had k.
Speaker 1: That's so rude.
Speaker 2: My mom used to work there for years. She was a layaway queen.
Speaker 3: All right, now we're gonna go through this.
Speaker 4: Max you had you had eight, okay, but if you're playing by my rules, you had eleven. The heck no, Now Fallon had ten. Playing by my rules, she had ten. I'm gonna leave it up to anyone's interpretation.
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right? Text in five three nine two one KDWB one Max it's triple x M A xxx or fallon who deserves to wins categories.
Speaker 4: First tax, first tax calls it all right now And we just got three maxes in a row.
Speaker 3: So Max, there we go on one on one.
Speaker 17: Point Today's trending with felon and cold on one on one point.
Speaker 1: Three k W All right. So you know every year there's all the deals for Black Friday and everything, and a lot of businesses have stopped doing the crazy weight line Black Friday because they don't want to do that to their employees first and foremost. So Target's actually extended their hours Black Friday through the holiday season. They're going to be closed on Thanksgiving. That'll be their fifth year in a row they're closed. So that ain't gonna be the place you get your last minute stuff if you forget it. Just so you know, most locations will open Friday number twenty nine at six am, at which point shoppers can get certain things like that special Taylor Swift the Eras Book, which features over five hundred images that's like only through Target. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 4: That because when I was working in retail a few years ago, it was like they started Black Friday literally Thanksgiving at six pm. Yeah, and it was like I remember having to leave thanks Eving dinner to go work, and I was like, it's not even Friday.
Speaker 3: I just can't wait.
Speaker 1: I would have argue they probably worked more to get everything stocked and ready. So their Black Friday deals are going to go number twenty four through thirtieth available online and in stores, which I agree. That's like, that's pretty cool that they're doing it like that. Also, they're saying that gen zers and millennials nearly half of them prefer pets over children. They say pets are easier to care for, they're less of a financial burden than kids.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're saying kitties with Tea's over d's, So kitties over kitties, if you get it, and I mean I get it. I think more and more people are choosing to either way to have kids or does not have them at all. Yeah, and whatever you choose, good for you. That is your trending. It's brought to you by nicolay Law dot com. We're gonna come back. We do have your after school pop Quiz your chance to win Creyole Experience tickets, and we people asked us yesterday, they said, hey, we know you have the Descendants World Tour tickets. The show's not even until next summer, but kids.
Speaker 2: Love it so much.
Speaker 1: And yesterday we did the best joke by a kid and people are like, can you do it again? My kid has much funny jokes, but they were in school. I'm like, totally, so at four o'clock kids should be out of school.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it again.
Speaker 1: Kids can call them with their best joke for Descendants tickets. That more is coming up on one on one point three KATIEWB. Can we kids one on one point three KATIEWB with Thalan and Cult if you're after school pop quiz and we're actually gonna do it right now. We're gonna do it like I know you're playing Lady Gaga, but she needs to calm down.
Speaker 4: She's literally very eager. She has this like new sound now she just feels light.
Speaker 1: And I like it, and I like I like her song Disease a lot better than her whole Joker movie Vibe song.
Speaker 3: I really like don't this one?
Speaker 2: Missus Bristol Magic School bus perfect.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do a little after school pop quiz. You answer some trivia for your chance to win Craile Experience passes.
Speaker 2: You know, we got a DM and someone said, hey, can I ask you?
Speaker 1: Are you forced to play loud music in the background every time you talk on the radio because I have ADHD and it's really distracting?
Speaker 2: I said, yes, Actually, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: It took me a long time to get used to because I did the morning show for so long. We don't do that on the morning show. And I come here it's like this is in the background. I'm like, oh my god, it's like, shut up.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: If you have ADHD, like the girl at DM dues, I hopefully it's not too distracting. But we're gonna ask you some trivia questions. Whoever gets the most correct wins. I'm gonna ask three questions, whoever gets the most You're getting those experience passes A sixty five.
Speaker 2: One nine eight nine.
Speaker 1: Katie W. B.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's your name, Ashley? What city do you live at? Ashley?
Speaker 1: Ooh, shut up? Plymouth? Okay, ash let me grab your component or I keep saying component, but it's opponent geez Hi, Katy w B. What's your name?
Speaker 4: Sky?
Speaker 1: What city do you live in?
Speaker 16: Poor?
Speaker 11: Free?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Okay, So we have Ashley and Sky playing today. But when we ask you a question, if you know the answer, chime in with your name and whoever gets the most correct wins. Are you ready?
Speaker 16: Yep?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: And I had some like kind of Disneyish vibes happening on a couple of these todays, so hopefully you know that. Question number one, what is Mirabelle's last name in the movie Inkanto? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, all right?
Speaker 1: The answer is Madrigal, And I know that might be difficult if you have kids. It's haunted in your in your mind from like but the Family Madrigal Bay sing this song. Question number two, Ana Elsa, Christoph and Olaf are characters? And what animated movie?
Speaker 8: Ashley?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think it was Scott. I think it was Sky.
Speaker 1: Or is her name just shorter and so she got through it faster? I think it was Sky though, Sky. What's your guests? Okay?
Speaker 3: Boom?
Speaker 1: And our third question, what was Taylor Swift's first song to chart on the Billboard Hot one hundred? Yes? Guy, is it?
Speaker 5: You're dropping my guitar.
Speaker 1: It is not tear dropped the high guitar. It's a good guess. Any guesses, Ashley, no our song Nope, Tim McGraw was the name of the song.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And just like that, Sky with one question correct, Today you win. The crayole experience passes. Thank you for playing, Ashley. You can try again tomorrow and Sky enjoy your time over at Mall of America.
Speaker 11: Oh well, thank you, welcome.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back as some safety tips for women and hopefully to be helpful in like five or six minutes on one oh one point three kd w B one on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Colt So. A couple of weeks ago, maybe three weeks ago, that movie Woman of the Hour came out, you know that Anna Kendrick directed. Yeah, and a lot of guys I talked to they didn't really get it. They kind of thought it was like not that good, Okay.
Speaker 3: I had that.
Speaker 4: I had the same feeling that it was like pretty is grotesque the word where you're like like the choking of the victims like that where they showed it.
Speaker 3: It was like super intense.
Speaker 1: But they actually showed way less than like a normal movie like that would be. And a lot of guys it's not like they said I want more more of that, but they were like, I think that they thought it was boring mm hmm, Whereas a lot of women really liked how she demonstrated a woman's fear because it was it's more about that moment you realize you're unsafe, yeah, and she captured that really well because that's what women experience, that moment where everything's normal and then you get this gut feeling something is wrong and like I don't feel safe with this person anymore. And she really captured that well, I thought. In the movie, so there were like instances that were covered and this woman made this TikTok and it blew up and I thought, oh, this is like there's some shareable things in here to help me people make maybe make them feel more comfortable. Like one thing I think we talked about on the show a long time ago, maybe in like.
Speaker 2: A trending was a woman said, when you go to your.
Speaker 1: Apartment, like if you feel like someone's following you, watching, you don't turn on your lights right when you get in your apartment because now you've let this person know exactly which apartment is yours. So I remember seeing that tip, and I'll see these little tips and they kind of stand out to me. So this girl shared more tips than I thought. They were really good, and I would pass along a couple and I did find her video on TikTok. By the way, her name is Rachel, and she says, let's say you're in an elevator, right okay, and you get in to the elevator and they don't look at the buttons or anything right away. You're like, there's a ton of like let's say you're at a hotel kind of floors. Why aren't they pushing Why aren't they telling asking me to push a button? Yeah, you immediately get a weird feeling like you're uncomfortable. You're trapped in an elevator with this person and they know what floor you're going to, rightm So she said that the first thing that she would recommend is you need to like go back to the quarter, don't stand in front of this person. You need to be like on the same like same area as then and look at them in the face. And then if it gets to your floor and they still haven't pushed a button, or if they're like, no, I'm on the same floor as you.
Speaker 2: When it gets to.
Speaker 1: That floor, put your arm out to hold the door, and but A forgot my purse downstairs. You can get off here, yeah, get back on and go back down some sort of excuse. Another thing, if someone's getting on they say immediately like kind of cover up the button you push and say what floor are you on? And if they're like, oh, I'm the same one as you, be like, oh, I accidentally hit the wrong floor number.
Speaker 2: Another thing that happened in that movie that was.
Speaker 1: Really creepy is he asked for her phone number and she didn't want him to have the phone number right, Yeah, so she gave him the wrong one and then he's like, hey, repeat your number to me. She couldn't remember the fake one she made up, and then he knew she lied, and then she's stuck in the So she said, what she does is she gives one number off from her real phone number, and it's always she is always the same number off, so she knows. So if someone were to ask her, she could repeat it back and if they try to call it doesn't work. I'm like, oh, we'll repeat the number. Oh you got one number wrong. If they call you, okay, now it works, you can block their number.
Speaker 3: These are all things where you should just be able to be like.
Speaker 1: No, well you should not.
Speaker 4: Giving you But is it in that scenario is it easier just to give a fake number than to be like make the other person more angry?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 1: Because women don't want to upset a guy. Number one, We're uncomfortable. We're usually women are people pleasers by default, and so it's like a weird situation. You go back later in life like why did I do that? Why did I offer that up? Why? Like you just feeluncomfortable in that situation. One more thing, she said, another situation. Say you're on a date with someone, you're on like a bar, and you realize you no longer want to be with that person. You don't want like, you don't want anything to do with them. You don't want another date, you don't want them going to get an uber with you. You don't want to ride in their car, you don't want any of that. The first thing you should say is like, oh, man, actually my car was giving me trouble earlier. So my sisters actually giving me a ride home, she's on her way, or you could say something like, oh my friend forgot. The main thing is they said, don't leave your barstool, don't leave the chair at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Be like, nope, I insist you go ahead. I don't need you to walk me to a car.
Speaker 1: I need you to walk out with me and stay seated in the public place.
Speaker 4: Isn't it They say that if like, let's say, you know, things go south and then like somebody is trying to get you in their car, don't They say, just don't because it's going to end up bad anyways, Like you're only prolonged your death in a way. If what Sorry, so somebody's like stealing you, right, kidnap boom. Stuff's getting real and they're like getting the car and they're like, you know, threading your life if you don't get in the car. I've heard you just don't get in the car because it's gonna end up bad anyways. They're just gonna drive you a location, right, and then it's gonna get worse and then even.
Speaker 2: Worse probably probably you know a good plan.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that you have to have like a war strategy just to go to dinner you do in general like a setup thing. Having daughters is terrifying. Yeah, I have two little daughters. I think about that all the time.
Speaker 1: Like, don't like it, but I got those, Like I said, I saw the full list breakdown. I'm like BuzzFeed, but it is a girl who created a TikTok and I Candrick even reposted it. If you want to check it out or share it with someone you know and.
Speaker 4: Love, here's one too. If you're gett an uber, never uber to your house. I was uber to like one of my neighbor's houses.
Speaker 2: I've never done that first bottle uber. I'm then a trust.
Speaker 1: I don't think it exists out there, but when I lived in Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: We'll just so they know, like you now, they know where you live.
Speaker 4: If they're a little off, you know what I mean, Like, Okay, well actually it's a wrong ad as sorry neighbor, not me though.
Speaker 1: But I mean I got the ubers that don't have to walk anywhere. I want to really want to walk a couple of houses down. I just saying, okay, okay, I see what you're throwing out there.
Speaker 3: Never no, I got you girl.
Speaker 1: If you have any tips, you can text them in five three nine two one KATWB one one on one point three katiew B with Fallon and Cult. Yes, we're gonna do it again. We have Descendants World Tour tickets. Uh coming to the Twin Cities like next summer. And we got these tickets. I think they don't don't think they go on sale until maybe Friday. And we got these before you can buy them. I know kids love them, even my daughter, she loves it. So it's Disney's Descendants Zombies World Tour August fourth at Target Center. And we did it yesterday and it was really fun, even though it was really hard to choose a winner. We're gonna try it again. Best joke from a kid. We'll win the tickets when we come back on KATIEWB. You one one three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt in your Disney's Descendants Zombies World Tour twenty twenty five coming to Target Center August fourth tickets go and selle this Friday. You can get more details if you need them on our concert page at katiwb dot com. So we're getting view the tickets before you can even buy them. You have to call in with your best joke. Now, this is for kids. Kids are calling to compete with their best jokes. We're gonna start off with Quinn. How old is Quinn?
Speaker 11: Nine?
Speaker 1: Nine? Perfect? Okay?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Whenever Quinn is ready, she can go ahead and share her joke.
Speaker 4: We get.
Speaker 3: Not knock?
Speaker 2: Who's there?
Speaker 1: It's fine, little lady, little lady who.
Speaker 10: I never knew you could?
Speaker 1: Yoda, littlety.
Speaker 10: Nice?
Speaker 2: Hold on one?
Speaker 3: That's awesome?
Speaker 2: Hi, Katy w B?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Hi? And my son Aaron?
Speaker 1: Aaron? Yes? All right?
Speaker 2: How old is Aaron?
Speaker 1: I'm going to be eight?
Speaker 10: In exciting?
Speaker 2: Have you early birthday?
Speaker 7: Aaron?
Speaker 2: Let's hear your best joke?
Speaker 8: What do you call it?
Speaker 7: How do you make an auti choke?
Speaker 1: How you hold on?
Speaker 8: Wait? You what you wait?
Speaker 3: You strangle? It is that?
Speaker 1: How you said yeah, okay? Took me a second? All right, Aaron?
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Hold on one second? Okay?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: Why was this joke over? It was so funny? Hi, Katy w B?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 8: Blake?
Speaker 1: Blake?
Speaker 2: How old are you? Eleven?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Blake? Tell us your best joke.
Speaker 14: Why can't you hear.
Speaker 7: But carry daptol going to the bathroom?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 14: Because the peace is silent?
Speaker 2: That's ridiculousous like it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Hey, Katie w B. What's your name?
Speaker 1: Brisbin Brisbane?
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 1: All right? Brisbane? What's your best joke?
Speaker 14: What's the paying one's favorite game to play?
Speaker 1: What ice by?
Speaker 3: All right? Not bad?
Speaker 1: Not bad? Brisbane?
Speaker 2: Hold on one second?
Speaker 1: So cheeky you watch so much bluey? Hi Katie w B? What's your name?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 7: This is Brittany and Carter?
Speaker 2: All right, Carter, how old are you? A let's hear your best joke?
Speaker 9: Why does come on it?
Speaker 14: Why don't you take a poke? Why don't you.
Speaker 8: Take a shower with a pokemon?
Speaker 1: Why? Okay, hold on, hold on this difficult decision of my life?
Speaker 2: Why did I do it again?
Speaker 1: Okay? I have my top two. Okay, everyone was so good, they were great. My top two are probably gonna be Aaron who's eight with the art of choke joke and so that five times fast, and Carter, who was also eight with the Pikachu joke.
Speaker 3: Those are my top two as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, who are we gonna pick? Like count of three, we'll say a name, one, two, three are joke okay, so that's okay?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you to Quinn Blake and Brisbane and Carter. You all did amazing. You feel proud of yourself. It's so hard to talk on the radio. There's like a whole level of pressure. And you guys are way funnier than us.
Speaker 3: This new generation is so confident Aaron, Aaron.
Speaker 2: I don't know which line, Aaron, but is this is this?
Speaker 12: Is this? Aaron?
Speaker 2: Oh no, if you want? All right, well Aaron, Yeah, thank you so much, big fan, love you guys so much.
Speaker 1: You're my favorite show ever.
Speaker 12: Oh no, the wrong.
Speaker 1: Person call to you.
Speaker 3: That was a risk we were running all right.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations Aaron, and thanks to everyone for playing.
Speaker 4: I bet you don't even think about this one. On one point three ktew Found and Cold.
Speaker 1: What is this music?
Speaker 3: Let's take it back to the sixteen hundreds, shall we?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: Well, we just live in the now like.
Speaker 1: Happening in the sixteen hundreds. I fun fact, I took history at eight am in.
Speaker 2: College, and your girl missed most of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eight that's just a snooze.
Speaker 1: Fest right there, Bagon for I didn't know it was my first semester of college. I didn't know I learned hard lessons that semester.
Speaker 4: You only think about life now, how everything is running now you think about it, that's how life has always been. But smartphones in the sixteen hundred, yeah, okay, yeah, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: What was sexting like in the sixteen hundreds?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Have you never seen like letters? They would write to each other.
Speaker 1: It was like so boogie, but it was still definitely happening.
Speaker 3: Rosa, I would like to colt you this afternoon. Is that how it was?
Speaker 1: Your sentence of and up of? I sent for a lot of desire between my strills?
Speaker 3: Hello, well craziness all right, so listen do you want to wait?
Speaker 2: What would lol mean back then?
Speaker 3: Oh? Great question?
Speaker 1: Lighting of light light?
Speaker 3: I don't know, livestock out loose?
Speaker 4: What do you want to be a peasant farmer in the sixteen hundreds?
Speaker 2: I don't want to be I don't want to be a farmer in the current day. My dad is one and he's like, he is not sell it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, let me walk you through each and every one of these. So as a peasant farmer, you wake up when the rooster's crowed. Pass no alarm clocks. So the rising sun was the signal of the starting day. Now, I'm gonna be honest with you being a peasant would suck. But their breakfast kind of lit. They had for breakfast bread and butter every day. That's so awesome. Just waiting up to a big chunk of bread with some butter.
Speaker 1: Well, a, we don't know how fresh it was. It could have been like super scale. Bread sucks. Can you imagine how hard it was ripping apart? You have your job popping all the time.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, but you want to have my wife in the back, like real, you're gonna go carbs this heavy, this carbs this early in the mon You don't know that their wives were like, all right, the only option though, So maybe you would have some porridge. The day started with chores, milking the cows, feeding the chickens, tending the vegetables. What was interesting to me as the men the men would spend The men would spend the majority of their time plowing the fields, and then the women and children would be gathering the firewood and taking care of the livestock. So it's not like and then on top of it, you had to do all the household chores too, so you were.
Speaker 3: Just like double duty. It was like you had two jobs. Yeah, they were crazy.
Speaker 1: Men were just sitting on their ass while a donkey did all the work or a horse.
Speaker 4: Now work would stop or work would stop when the sun went down, so in the winter it was lit.
Speaker 3: Everybody was pumped for the winter.
Speaker 1: They're like, all you they weren't guys still to be working in the gold all day.
Speaker 2: I don't think they were like, oh, this is worth it because they get to go to bed earlier.
Speaker 3: They're like, not been frozen after dinner.
Speaker 4: There might be some time for simple leisure activities like telling story. This is all they had fun, telling stories, playing music or listening to someone read radio.
Speaker 2: It's literally their version of radio.
Speaker 4: But just listening to someone read if they were literate, which most weren't. Because you know, there wasn't a lot of lighting. Candles and oil lamps were expensive, so you just go to bed. It'd be dark out.
Speaker 1: That's my dream. I don't I don't even watch TV halftime anymore. I just want to go to bed when I'm done.
Speaker 4: Now, let me just so you know how the peasants were living, right, so you shared, the rich get richer.
Speaker 3: Now. I know it would be awesome to be rich in this day and age. It would be but but life's not bad, dude. You door dash some panera bread. I don't know. You have TV.
Speaker 4: You can watch literally anything you want. Anytime you're entertained. You can literally just take your car and go to a lake.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: But back in the day, yeah, what was like being rich?
Speaker 3: The nobles would wake up later than the common folk, which is just stuh okay, that sucks to hear that. You're common folk.
Speaker 4: You address in elaborate clothing. Now compared to bread. You would wake up and have meat, pastries, fruit and wine.
Speaker 3: You just start your.
Speaker 4: Day off drinking wine, they said. The average gentry is what they called rich people. Back in the day, you would have drunk every day, eleven glasses of wine.
Speaker 3: The day pluck.
Speaker 4: And in the afternoon or in the morning, you would spend your time managing their estates aka overseeing everybody you have control over is just doing.
Speaker 3: The work for you, Hey, you missed a spot none.
Speaker 4: In the afternoon, you would spend your time hunting, horseback riding, or fencing. You would read or write letters, and you would have grand affairs with several different people who you know lived around your est state, which is basically just swinging.
Speaker 3: I think they're talking about it.
Speaker 2: No, this is serious. I learned about this.
Speaker 1: Not in all the years, so let's I'm just saying, I'm just gonna stick with olden times. Not a specific year, but well, when we visited Pompeii, they the tour guide literally told us the female like, when you hooked up with your wife, it was old it was not for pleasure, it was only to produce children. The men were working up with all these other women for pleasure. And I was like, cool, that's cool.
Speaker 3: It's almost cool. You know what sucks?
Speaker 4: That almost like hasn't changed for some people, like literally it's like sad to say it, but sometimes it's like still the story.
Speaker 3: So some people.
Speaker 2: Out there, ah, the olden days?
Speaker 4: Would you rather be a peasant or super rich back in the day, it's.
Speaker 2: The dumbest question. What do you mean super rich?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's something about just eating bread.
Speaker 1: And take real live you love meat, and they said they had pastries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still just bread and that.
Speaker 1: So based on bread for preface, you would have rather been a peasant?
Speaker 3: I think I would.
Speaker 2: I don't I worry about you all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm not freezing at car. It's the pop Culture Minute with Selling and.
Speaker 1: Cult on one on one point three k d W B. Colt's been so excited for the Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight, and Jake Paul's keeping his ears protected. He just received some iced out coverings to make sure his opponent doesn't try to bite him off.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm not ridiculous.
Speaker 1: He got a watch in these ear cuffs. Seven million dollars, he said.
Speaker 3: You don't know how much money he's making for this.
Speaker 6: FIKEE.
Speaker 4: Netflix is giving him forty million dollars and Mike Tyson is getting twenty million, which I feel like is a little why I thought Mike she got a little. I mean he's like, that's like the draw. Why would he get double? Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's pretty insane, but I do know Jake loses either I'm heavily invested in this because.
Speaker 3: He loses either way.
Speaker 4: Like, if you knock out Mike Tyson, you knocked out a senior citizen, okay, But if you get knocked out by Mike Tyson, you're a meme forever. So like, why, I mean forty million, I guess why you do it?
Speaker 14: But just.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 1: Mike Tyson just comes in, me too, me too. I hope takes them out.
Speaker 9: So I didn't say it can help, get help.
Speaker 1: Here's some good news, Princess Kate. She's hosting the Christmas church service in London after beating cancer. So she's been given a clean bill of health in her battle with cancer. I thought that was really great news.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: In random weird news, Mariah Carey has been knocked out of the top spot for Christmas songs.
Speaker 2: Every year she tops it.
Speaker 1: She she's it's tied and then all for Christmases you dominates. Not right now there's a new one now, a duet with Stevie Nicks and a very famous man.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can guess who it is.
Speaker 15: Maybe this Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's surprisingly not terrible, but also, let's be honest, he definitely has some production her. Stevie Nick's voice covers his up a little bit. It's Jason Kelsey and I think the songs for charity, but still it's just so bizar. So he said it's time he took his rightful place as Queen of Christmas on the charts you go to and it just made me laugh. So anyway, that is Your Pop Culture Minute. It's brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lenz. They say that Ariana fangirled over the Munchkins on the Wicked set. They said they were so surprised, but like she stopped and immediately was like, I want to give meet everyone, I want to get pictures with everyone, and like does everyone has said just the best.
Speaker 2: Things about her.
Speaker 1: But they interviewed one of the guys who played one of the munchkins, and that's what he's saying about working with her. And that movie comes out on the twenty second at your pop Culture Minute one on one point three kdeww a fallon and cult. That'd be funny to share Ways you almost died but funny. I have to put that at the end of things now, because sometimes we'll do a topic that I'm like, this is gonna go funny, this will funny stories, and then we'll get the most serious story and I don't know how to react.
Speaker 2: Because I'm an immature human.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, uh so I'm gonna preface this by ways you almost died but funny.
Speaker 3: I almost died two times, both kind of funny. One.
Speaker 4: I was living with my uncle at the time, and his wife was very nice, and I work nice and I would come home and she had a plate of food for me every night in the bridge. Nice, so nice. So I take my shirt off, I get my pork chop, and I put in the microwave.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 4: I turned on pawn Stars because I was big at the time. Yeah, and I'm reclined fully in the in the recliner with the pork chop plate rested on my stomach as I'm cutting up in neat my pork job. And by cutting up, I mean I just stabbed the pork chop in my fork and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like eating it up, tick bite, rips off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I start, I'm like getting the pond Stars heavily invested, and I start choking on my pork chop. And this is like two am. Everybody's sleeping, nobody's around me, and I like.
Speaker 2: Literally, you gotta keep it down to it.
Speaker 1: I'll be waking everyone up.
Speaker 4: I'm like about to die, and I'm like they're gonna wake up in the morning and walk out. I'm just gonna have a pork chop plate and my stomach dead with Pond Stars three runs.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible way to go.
Speaker 3: Luckily gave myself the himlake.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found this one online. I was being a dumb teenager with friends. We were swimming and decided to go do like a belly flop competition. I ended up on the roof of a house. Oh my god, everyone else was doing it.
Speaker 2: On the diving board. Yeah, I really committed.
Speaker 1: The sudden halt of momentum on the surface caused my bladder to be ripped away from my body. I almost bled out internally. That is the dumbest way.
Speaker 3: God, what was your utherweight?
Speaker 1: You almost die?
Speaker 3: Well, it was in the middle of a hurricane.
Speaker 4: I was working at a radio station and you could literally feel the roof coming off of the building and my boss was screaming that we got put another song in.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, I gotta literally fly.
Speaker 4: My family and I'm my three well, my three cats, unless you're my landlord. I don't have any cats, but I have my cats in the building with me at the time too.
Speaker 3: It's mouth. So it was just a stupid, funny moment.
Speaker 1: If you have a story like this, please call it six five, one, nine eight nine Katie W. B. What like, basically, ways you almost died, but funny.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is time and place to be sad too, but this is funny, you know, you know it was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one on one point three Katie w b with Fallon and Colts. So we're just sharing, you know, some good old stories of how you almost died, but funny because we're keeping it, we're keeping it light.
Speaker 2: So what's your way? You almost dis be funny?
Speaker 7: Okay, I will die because I went on a boat and the fire singers are under me, exploded and shot me in the air.
Speaker 4: I landed in the.
Speaker 7: Boat, but I like bruid my butt hair.
Speaker 2: So the worst anima ever.
Speaker 4: Those are for safety here and then it's out here causing you like, okay, did you now? I'm gonna be honest because if I were you, you know me, I.
Speaker 3: Probably would have suedbody. What do you did you? Sue? Would you rent the boat or was it your friends?
Speaker 7: So it's my sister's boyfriend's family. This is like our introduction to them. Oh yeah, so they're like a boozy family.
Speaker 3: You got Sue and he.
Speaker 16: Has a very old boat, but he's like an antique kind of guy.
Speaker 1: It was terrible, no kidding, guys, I mean have an antique boat, but update the fire steek was sure you need that up to code.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 11: Well, he took it.
Speaker 7: To the insurance stuff.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 7: He hasn't told me what happened quite yet, but we'll see if I get some money out of it.
Speaker 2: Time to pay up?
Speaker 4: Daddy, do you have to be what funny way did you like almost die?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 14: So when I was little, I was about nine years old and I was with my father at the.
Speaker 8: Time and my mother, and during the wintertime.
Speaker 14: Everyone loves to go snowmobiling.
Speaker 8: So I was again nine years old.
Speaker 16: My dad was a bigger guy, very strong man, and we were on the snowmobile together.
Speaker 8: And he asked me if I wanted to drive, and I.
Speaker 16: Said, I said yeah, I said, let's do it, And as he was putting down his mask, I full throttled.
Speaker 12: Smile.
Speaker 8: We can laugh about it now, but I bull throttled the snowmobile into a tree and.
Speaker 16: My dad went.
Speaker 14: Flying and Okay, somehow miraculously he stayed on.
Speaker 3: You're trying to take your dad out.
Speaker 16: It sounds like, yeah, I mean love my dad nothing at sim but yeah, my dad yelled out my name and I just yelled back and I go, yeah, And I was still on the snowmobile hanging out as he drove back to where my mom was. She's all ready to get back on the snowmobile. And the snowmobile was absolutely crushed.
Speaker 8: So obviously, as a nine year old, I was crying.
Speaker 4: I was, Oh, yeah, but does your dad like walk around like holding his back when you're around and now just to make you feel like guilty, still like my back?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah. And like I said, my dad was a very strong human being.
Speaker 16: So when I when.
Speaker 8: I saw him fly off and I stayed on.
Speaker 16: I think I'm a superhero.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 1: One, Katie w b with Salin and Colt. So we're gonna wrap it up, but we have a couple more fun ones we have to uh have to put through. So what is the way you almost died? But funny?
Speaker 8: Oh, I was taking an excursion on a boat and it was a jetpack ex excursions. What we had to do was we had to be strapped to this like eighty pounds jet pack and then once you got on, then you would use your levers to go up and down and around over the water. God, I yes, and I moved my levers the wrong way. I did a nose dives into the lake and I don't even know how far down I went.
Speaker 7: I probably went almost to the bottom.
Speaker 8: And then I couldn't get my my levers to go up because it.
Speaker 1: Was it was wonky.
Speaker 8: It was up and down like it should, it was a different way, and so I thought for sure I was gonna die during downs of water that day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so terrifying.
Speaker 1: It totally was all from like a crazy I'm imagining it's like one of those Is it one of those jet packs where it's kind of like you the water pushes you up and you kind of like look like you're jet packing above the water.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, there's a host to the boat and things.
Speaker 2: Like that, and there's just shot you straight down instead of up.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 4: Bit they're like maybe they were like, I don't know, maybe she's trying to like catch dinner or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know the intentions.
Speaker 2: Oh that's horrible, it's so scary. No, I don't blame you. That's terrifying.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing. Hi, kat w B.
Speaker 2: How'd you almost die?
Speaker 1: But funny?
Speaker 16: Hi, So how I almost died?
Speaker 14: I went to a pitfull concert my sophomore year of college and all my friends were on the floor of the concert and one of my friends poured her acl everybody was just pad mean, way too good of a time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, long story short.
Speaker 14: I ended up getting like a cold after a concert, like one does. Well it turns out it wasn't a cold. I was absolutely sucktick.
Speaker 8: Oh it was this whole thing.
Speaker 14: And they're basically like, yeah, you have and if I played it all on, mister.
Speaker 2: Worldwide, mister three O five, what what is even?
Speaker 3: You said? Septic?
Speaker 14: Yes, it's basically a blood It's when you have an infection in your blood, so it's like a blood disease.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were just partying too hard at piple.
Speaker 1: I get it it is.
Speaker 3: You got that and then your friend tore an eighty. How hard are you going? Listen?
Speaker 16: Oh it was all worth it.
Speaker 2: We have had pit Bull at jingle Ball.
Speaker 1: You know how hard he goes so much thusting, good time, glad and stories to tell for alive. I'm glad you survived. Are you gonna go see him in concert again?
Speaker 2: Or are you done?
Speaker 16: Absolutely? Concert of my life?
Speaker 2: Give me every things and that listen, you are not Pitball.
Speaker 1: Colt one on one point three Katie WV with Fallon and Colt. Listen, did I or did I not just have a full turkey tom Baby Q chips and a full size cookie?
Speaker 3: Check? Yes or no? I'm gonna check undoubtedly, Yes I did.
Speaker 2: I just I couldn't thought myself. It was freaky fast the way I ate it.
Speaker 1: Even it was sick. But I'm feeling better. How you feeling cold? I ate a couple of pistaccios, so you're probably full.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna fall on diet now, try to lose twenty pounds for I have the model on Friday.
Speaker 2: Wait in two days, twenty pounds in two days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad that I'm the one that has to suffer by the way he eats pouches a tune at each afternoon and just like, come on, it's true, Uh, don't eat tune in this in like any closed studio with a coworker.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing we've had. We found a couple of haters.
Speaker 4: We've had a couple of people with the one K wordplay mm hmm, and I don't I don't understand what the description it like.
Speaker 3: It's one K, one thousand pennies pennies.
Speaker 2: I've been mow it. I'm not gonna throw a sack of pennies on you.
Speaker 3: We'll want you to throw pennies at our laps.
Speaker 2: I'm not ridiculous, so we'll do it.
Speaker 1: If you haven't heard it before, listen, get some, get some like a game plan together so you can play and have your chance to win a thousand pennies the one K wordplay in five minutes on KTWB one on one point three KATWB with Thouans and cult and the one K word play. I want to make this very clear. This is an important time for you to call the show at sixty five one nine eight nine KTWB one. Life so far has been changed in this game, only one wonder we've had so far. It's not easy. Somebody got that one K pennies yesterday we had someone get three out of four correct if you get four four matches, which we'll explain and get on the phone. But your chance to win one thousand pennies, that's right, one thousand pennies in the one K wordplay. Here we go, Hi KDWB.
Speaker 8: Ninety Hi, Hi you know it girl?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 8: Sam?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So how the one K wordplay works just in case this is your first time. Sam, you have to choose between me and Colt, who you think you would match words with better? Who are you gonna choose? Sam?
Speaker 8: Feel like I'm gonna go with Colt?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. I'm actually excited you picked Colt because only like one other person has and Colt did pretty well with that person. So I'm gonna read you words, Sam, and you have to tell me the first word that comes to mind, and then he'll try to do the same thing and see if you guys match words. Okay, are you ready ready? Your first word is duck.
Speaker 8: Goot?
Speaker 1: Okay, Your second word is coffee.
Speaker 5: Hot?
Speaker 1: Oh good one, third word cake.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: And your fourth word is party.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Party, Yeah, that's a good one. All right, Get cold, cold, cold cold. He's standing outside the door. There is a window, so he did see me snapping like a crazy person. All right. Sam actually doesn't have any words that are weird, you know, usually like there will be like one. We're like, okay, they're never gonna matge that because it's weird. So I feel like you can do this if you stay in the zone. Okay, is there anything you want to do to get on the same page with Sam. Not not okay for now.
Speaker 2: Your first word is duck.
Speaker 15: Duck.
Speaker 4: Obviously goose, yes, yeah, okay, okay, what's your name again, Sam?
Speaker 3: Sam?
Speaker 1: Your second word is coffee.
Speaker 4: Okay, So immediately, immediately I went to breath ew But then I was like, no, Sam, Sam's classic goal. Sam's not thinking. I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: You kind of give an answer. You can't take all day coffee?
Speaker 16: Wait?
Speaker 3: Sam, can you give me like a let's get on the same vibes really quick? R are you? Sam?
Speaker 12: One?
Speaker 3: Two? Three mm? And Sam?
Speaker 7: With me?
Speaker 3: Breathe in and breathe out.
Speaker 2: Go speaking of coffee breath yikes.
Speaker 3: Sam, seems like old nature. So I'm gonna go a coffee pop.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, listen if if you get two more correct, Sam gets one thousand pennies.
Speaker 3: Sam, we got this, We got it.
Speaker 1: Your next word is cake.
Speaker 3: Okay. Whoy Am I thinking white?
Speaker 12: Wait? Cake?
Speaker 3: White cake? No cake? Icing?
Speaker 10: Thought?
Speaker 1: Your final guest ow man, No, No, she said pie.
Speaker 3: Pie cake pie.
Speaker 16: Yeah, dang it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see just for funzies, what was the last one party party trick?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 15: Hat? Dang it?
Speaker 3: Sam? We were so close, so close.
Speaker 2: Sam, thank you for trying and for playing the one K wordplay.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I am sorry that colt ruined your life and now your life won't change by one thousand pennies. I'm so so sorry.
Speaker 3: Sam.
Speaker 4: If there's one thing we could change about this game, what would it be?
Speaker 8: I would have picked.
Speaker 2: The amount of money you can win with a dagger.
Speaker 4: I was actually gonna say nothing, you're wrong. The answer is nothing because it's awesome. So I'm glad you do.
Speaker 10: You do?
Speaker 3: You knock the cockiness right out of me.
Speaker 2: Sam, You're awesome. Thanks for listening. We'll playing again tomorrow.
Speaker 17: Katie w B Yeah, today's trending with Fellan and Cold on one on kat.
Speaker 1: W Monkey Update, Monkey updates, give me this. So remember in South Carolina there's an island of monkeys. Yeah, crazy, clearly some kind of testing is going on. Gotchy testing, very sketchy. They won't even say what's going on. And then these monkeys, a big group how many was it? Three monkeys escapes and they're like, hey, everyone, shut your doors, lock your windows, nothing to worry about, but seriously, lock everything which considered nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: But can I see can I say forty three monkeys even a low key nobody was snitching on anybody like, they were just all able to get out.
Speaker 3: That's aw, that's pretty it's pretty schill, pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Well, they ended up finding I think yesterday I reported like twenty something of them. Five more monkeys have been captured. There are now thirteen still on the loose since escaping from this research facility last week. And the people want to know what's the research facility? Why are we keeping all the monkeys?
Speaker 3: What are we testing?
Speaker 2: It's freaking everyone out.
Speaker 1: No one likes it.
Speaker 4: Normally, these these type monkeys aren't dangerous, So the theory is whatever you're injecting into them is like making them dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they probably stickuld be injected, so they're angry.
Speaker 3: My guess I'll blame them.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Also, if you are looking forward to some Black Friday deals, this is really cool. Target is once again, for the fifth year in a row, they're staying closed on Thanksgiving and then making it even easier on their employees by offering most of their stuff online. So they have their like Black Friday deal from seven to a seven to midnight November thirtieth to December twenty third, and that's what they're like, extending store hour sorry from seven to midnight. But a lot of their deals, like they're Black Friday deals. Those go the whole week November twenty fourth through the thirtieth, available online and in store, So hopefully there won't be a psycho rush. I think that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty positive. The toaster I have to this.
Speaker 1: Day is a Black Friday deal I got when I was in college. It's the same toaster. Do you one of the grossest thing. I've never cleaned it. You know how you're empty like a tray.
Speaker 2: It's so cheap.
Speaker 1: I don't if it even has a tray. I've never even tried the heat.
Speaker 3: The heat warms it up and it kills off the backs. Here is so yes, that's what I tell myself. That's all it is.
Speaker 1: That's what I tell myself. That is your trending and it's brought to you by Nicolay Law Doc. Sorry, so you remember the movie It's Fell in a Cult one on one point three katiewb Airbud. There are multiple air Bud movies. This is crazy. The guy who created the character air Bud is he's facing homelessness. Yeah, it's crazy, like, I don't know how someone found him and it became like this huge news story and he was basically just like he had no other options because the thing is is that while he created the character, he doesn't own any rights to Airbuds, So it's not like he could like add a movie to the franchise or be making any other like movies with Airbud. And so what happened was people found out about this, and this creator started this whole fundraising effort to save him from the streets, and it's already going to help him. So the GoFundMe has skyrocketed over eleven thousand dollars in donations, and he says he's just overcome with shock and gratitude over the generosity. He says he's feeling so relieved he's no longer bound for the streets. He's set to receive the funds sometime next week, and he said he has big plans for the money. They include securing himself as studio apartment San Diego. Part of me philt like that's like pull of an expensive city to live in a San Diego.
Speaker 3: A little bit, it's probably some cheaper options.
Speaker 2: He also says he's gonna see got medical care because he does have.
Speaker 1: Some like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and things he needs to deal with.
Speaker 2: But I was going to ask, like, what happened?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 1: You would think, oh, this person who creates his character. Maybe they're not they're not like Kevin Costner rich right, but they're like, but I don't know what happened that he ended up in this situation so awful.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he's going to get out of it.
Speaker 4: They that movie came out in like nineteen ninety seven, so like, I don't know even if you got like a million dollars right right, right?
Speaker 6: Did it?
Speaker 3: Is it lasting that almost thirty years?
Speaker 1: Probably? But usually people who have one creative idea, they don't just have one. They usually are they continue to have one. On one point three katiewb with Fallon and Colt, I'm going to hold host an event tonight.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna go to Whole Food, So I thought that's what you're gonna.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I almost said that would that would be nice. I'm hosting an event tonight. It's the ad fed thing. So it's like all the I don't know people who do like all the different ads and the agencies who run ads, and I'm hosting like a leadership panel like these really like amazing women. So wish me luck because I'm tired, and I hope it. I'm full of myself.
Speaker 3: It's a little humble brag flexing on everybody.
Speaker 9: I'm not on the panel as one of these women.
Speaker 1: I'm hosting like I'm leading that I'm leading a conversation with these accomplished women.
Speaker 3: Does that mean you feel nervous?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Mostly, I'm not kidding because I am really tired. So my fear is I start jumbling my words. I'm like doing the thing where I'm trying to listen, but I'm dope. I'm not as a joke, I'm not gonna I'm gonna listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know. Are you gonna like make any inappropriate jokes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna plug our show?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, once or twice, that's cool. What are you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm not just going home?
Speaker 1: Get it? Oh, healthy boy,