Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us. We do it every day seven until eight o'clock. The JB and Sandy our My name is Sandy. This is JB. Hello, Trushes here too.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and away we go.
Speaker 1: Looks like remember a couple of weeks ago, guys, we were talking about how we've kind of lost our trust and meteorologists in Austin, Texas because I keep telling us it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain, We're gonna get two inches of rain, and then it doesn't happen. I'm curious that that is gonna that pattern will continue because supposed to rain today, but really this weekend, they're saying we could get up to two inches of rain starting Friday all the way through Sunday with chances above fifty percent. Really sixty five on Friday and Saturday, and then Sunday fifty percent chance. But will it happen? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I believe it when I see it.
Speaker 1: The weather person can be the only job where you can be wrong every single day and still keep your job.
Speaker 3: I know you can't do that and be a cat metro Bus drivers Oak Hill instead of the domain.
Speaker 2: Off next time it's still in Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my duo Doppler weather radar is not really that great today, Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Do you guys? Do you guys dial into the radar on your phone and just act like you're meteorologist for the moment. Yeah, I don't pay for the seventy two hour in the radar, but it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. But you have just in your pocket, which.
Speaker 1: Used to be a big deal, right to see the radar, right, holy crap and blow your mind. Have you guys ever known anybody whose life is just consumed by what the weather is going to do? Like? Yes, Yeah, my friend Marlin, he owns a golf course and he's obsessed with the weather because the weather determines how many people are gonna play golf. If it rains, no one's playing golf. You're not making any money. So he's got the Weather channel on all the time. Who's yours? Tress?
Speaker 4: My aunt Sherry was obsessed with weather and we'd go visitor like growing up as a kid, and the only channel that we could have on was the Weather channel.
Speaker 2: She was constantly watching it.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they had a sailboat that they didn't really use very often, but it was she was obsessed with the weather.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got a lot of relatives in Kansas that are obsessed with the weather. But they're farmers. Yeah, they're obviously their economy depends on it. They're also obsessed with which direction is due north no matter where they are. That's a Midwestern thing. I hang, that's a country people thing. Country folks always know their north, south, east, and western. No clue, ye, no idea.
Speaker 1: They'll say, go west down there about a mile and a half, and then we get to that go north.
Speaker 2: Right Magellan, Yeah, they left and right.
Speaker 3: Play where the red Barn used to be.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and then you're going to pass a past you're full of donkeys when you get past that, go east, Like, what are you talking about? Hey, we'd love hearing from you, guys. You can use the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. It's a little red button. We got a couple of message messages thought we'd share with you. This is when we were talking about Pete Davidson and the three hundred thousand dollars that he has spent in removing his tattoos and he's only what thirty percent.
Speaker 4: Two hundred thousand dollars already and only thirty percent done with removing them.
Speaker 1: So here's someone coming about getting tattoos removed.
Speaker 2: Hey there, guys, it's Stafy. I'm removing a tattoo and I'm going on your three. The more you do it, you have to do the sessions ten to twelve weeks apart. It takes forever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, think about that. Wow. And it's expensive and.
Speaker 2: It hurts because it's a laser.
Speaker 1: It really the noise. Trista to no end that she got drunk one night and spent twenty five dollars on a butt tattoo. Yeah, it's gonna cost her thousands to get it removed.
Speaker 4: My four minute, one inch tall, twenty five dollars butt tattoo.
Speaker 2: What was it? It's a flower. It's just a flower, and it bothers you.
Speaker 4: It's just a blob now because I haven't kept it up. But to get it removed one thousand dollars in like ten visits so irritating. At least I'm I don't see it. Sandy's only one who ever sees it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's finny. If you were you probably know that. Sandy like if you were in high school in the eighties, guys were at spring break, but all get lightning bolt tattoos.
Speaker 1: Or Tasmanian devils.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the whole you know, that whole surf movement was hitting then the lightning bolts and all that. Like, God, I didn't, I didn't. I have no tattoos. I feel kind of strange in Austin.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't have any either, and I feel kind of weird. There's just and I've talked about this before, there's just nothing. There's one thing that will always remain that I'm certain will never ever change in my life, and that's Landry will always be my daughter. Not everything else could change, you know what I mean. I get Tricia's name on my forearm. She'd bore right, you know what I mean. Whatever, Tasmanian Devil's no longer trendy and I'm out. You know, it's just nothing. I just can't think of anything that we could do.
Speaker 3: Tasmanian Devil with Trisha's head.
Speaker 1: Holding a replica of the flour on her.
Speaker 4: Back, and then the Tasmanian Devil has a barbed wire's arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's another talkback that we got from the iHeartRadio app. Again, just tap it and leave us a message. We get it. This is a more about the crazy weymos that gone haywire all over the country. This one outside of Austin.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 5: We saw the weimo and Seenix's Arizona in like a six way red lights intersection situation, and it seemed to have lost his way and it was just going around in a circle shower and everybody.
Speaker 2: Had to stop and wait to see what it was going to do.
Speaker 5: It was funny and I'm not into it yet, you'll.
Speaker 3: Have any day.
Speaker 2: Here's feel bad for the little weymo going in a circle.
Speaker 1: Here's what's funny about those two talkbacks that was Tammy. The first one was her sister Stacy. Yeah, time listeners. Yeah. But the way Moo's definitely got an issue right now. You know, the stories are everywhere about them going bersark, but no one's been hurt yet, right, No.
Speaker 4: And they probably have hundreds of successful drop offs, you know what I mean, it's just the few. It seems like more than a few that make the headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I see one on every block downtown. I mean, they're prominent and they move fast like they I think most of the time they're they're better than an inattentive driver if people are distracted by their phones, and it's way better than that.
Speaker 1: I think they're kind of limited to the downtown South Congress area, right, They don't go to Round Rock. They don't go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. You don't see them on the highway much.
Speaker 1: I've never seen.
Speaker 2: I've never seen one on the highway.
Speaker 3: Now, maybe they're avoiding those sort of trips.
Speaker 1: Could be.
Speaker 3: But I saw the VW microbus electric testing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw one. I didn't see an autonomous one, but I saw one, and they're super cool.
Speaker 3: They are cool. But they're testing that as an autonomous one too, which would be cool.
Speaker 1: Then what's the new Volkswagen bus? Called the bus the Lightning or I don't remember.
Speaker 3: They're just calling it the microbus, the id id something.
Speaker 1: They're very cool. I saw one the other day coming up on the show today, Guys, think about this. Give us a couple of things that you would say, don't knock it until you try it, all right, I've got a couple. If you could come up with a couple as well, that would be fun. I'm very adamant about one of mine. Also later on in the show, there's an Austin business that has resorted to crowdfunding to try to stay open. They need to raise three hundred and sixty thousand dollars. We'll tell you what that is. Trisha, what's the Story we Love you got coming up?
Speaker 4: All right, there's going to be a new art installation at the Domain north Side. I'm going to try and describe what it is. It's super weird, it is. Yes, it's very weird. I's what you're saying it like it is.
Speaker 1: Like, Oh no, I don't know what it is. I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very random.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with us. That's coming up on Austin's eighty station what Oh three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Trista's got the Story we Love coming up in just to sect thanks for being with us. Hey, you can't be here for the whole show. Grab the podcast version of it. Just search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. The Stories We.
Speaker 5: Love from the Electra host Studio D one the Only PUSHAA.
Speaker 4: The Domain shopping Center the North Side is getting ready to unveil a new art piece that is very unusual and many step I can describe it to you. First of all, it's going to be installed by the art collective called Cool Poop and use the word poop.
Speaker 2: In that name, by the way.
Speaker 4: And it's an inflatable head towering twenty six feet tall, and it's made up of gigantic inflatable eyeballs. The whole bull head is giant eyeballs twenty six feet tall.
Speaker 3: That's nothing new. We're radio guys. We had giant inflatable things forever.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I'm looking at it, I'm trying to figure out based on the photo, I would say the balls are ten feet in diameter and they're all squished in into the shape of a guy's head, and then there's a nose stuck on the front of it. It's supposed to be not just an art piece, but also a social commentary like Big Brothers Always Watching.
Speaker 1: Is this a permanent piece, No, uh uh.
Speaker 4: They are trying to They're trying to make it more of an art exhibit type area. This particular exhibit will be at the Domain North Side between May sixth and May eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Then it's going to be gone.
Speaker 4: They're going to try and start bringing more pieces of art to display into that area, like switching them out pretty regularly.
Speaker 1: I am rarely in the domain. So when you say the north end of it, what is on that end of it?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you know that I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, I go ahead a just say every time I go to the domain, it's a hole. It's a whole different things. I'm so lost, right, yes, me too.
Speaker 4: The original side, which I call the boulevard, the original one, those aren't even the same stores there. A lot of those stores have moved out or moved over to the new side. The new side. I don't know where anything is, but I know how to get to one parking garage by Nordstrom. I park there and then I just wander around until I find the store that I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: I don't know where anything. Yeah, I told you all before. It doesn't matter what store I'm trying to go to or where I park, I end up having to cut through Dick's Sporting Goods on foot. I'm like, how did this happen? And if you try to map to the store, yeah, it gets park It never.
Speaker 1: Works, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. There's you know this iron dome thing over the domain so that you can't GPS.
Speaker 2: It's it's like what they like you.
Speaker 4: They want to make sure you have to walk around enough to see all your options to shop at.
Speaker 2: I guess like casino in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They want to make sure you're either thirsty or hungry and we'll stop halfway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, And I'm looking up on the map Domain north side. I don't know. I don't know any of these places. And like, I can't tell Tricia, where is.
Speaker 1: That where that milk shake places that you took Landry and her crew two once.
Speaker 2: The milk shake place, the milk bar.
Speaker 4: It's on what I call the original side on the boulevard, the main side, like where the Apple store used to be, where domain or where lub Starbucks used to be.
Speaker 2: That's the original for me.
Speaker 3: Got we're at this point now where we're talking about where things used to be at the.
Speaker 4: Domain's weird at the domain. It's one thing if you're driving around Austin, jab you and I can go that used to be a bowling alley.
Speaker 2: But where at the domain, it's not that old.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know, I don't remember what when the domain opened, but it's not that old.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: On Austin terms, it's old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, that's true.
Speaker 3: That's you know what I mean. I had that conversation with a lot of people. I'm like, in Austin terms, twenty years, twenty years in Austin is old school.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, I see that all the time when I go back and visit my family in Nebraska. It's just obvious that they have kept their old buildings. There's a lot of cool old buildings in downtown Omaha, right, you know what I mean, Whereas in Austin, Hell, we knock them sons of bitches down and build new ones. Yeah. Yeah, and there's some charm to the old buildings. I think I like them. So new art installation at the domain, that's big news here on the JB and.
Speaker 2: Sandy Chess cyant eyeball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we are going to break down some lost dog reports. Also also Timmy got his eagle scout. We got to talk about that.
Speaker 4: And missing right now the neighborhood and Johnny got a hole in one.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But also you guys that the Museum of ice Cream is going away.
Speaker 1: Timmy pulled out a tim pound basket.
Speaker 3: That's a nuclear fish. Then get luck with that.
Speaker 4: Y'all are real smart until you see how weird this is. People are interested in this.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know it's interesting to be smart.
Speaker 3: Assess what we do.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's the JB and Sandy's show. Stay with us. More coming up on Austin's Dads Station one O three point one. Everyone's heard the term don't knock it to you, try it right, So each of us have a one or two things that you really, we really believe you should not knock it inte. You try it and I'll go first. And these places are everywhere, and our daughter loves them. She's with her friends. Bubble tea. Have you ever had a bubble tea? Yeah, no, I had when they're little tapioca pearls that are inside of like a milky tea. But they're sweet, they're not little.
Speaker 2: They're huge.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I've had just said the little ones. Yeah, there's big ones.
Speaker 2: Giant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why you have to have that giant jumbo straw to suck them up through there.
Speaker 1: I love them. I think they're great. And then you get them and you bite into them, they're delicious. And I would say a delightful treat.
Speaker 2: Tasty tree.
Speaker 1: You try it.
Speaker 2: I tried it, don't like it, not gonna do.
Speaker 1: You ever tried it? I haven't. I will, I will on your I didn't drink anything.
Speaker 2: He was looking for fun things to drink.
Speaker 1: I remember when he first started drinking camp butcha.
Speaker 3: Oh god, And that's such a mainstream thing now. I used to have to buy it from. I bought it from this guy at a gym in Oak Hill.
Speaker 2: Well that sounds shady.
Speaker 3: It was a thing. It was a time and place you went to. Some you went to a guy to get your kombucha.
Speaker 2: He made it in some weird can in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, they were. They were in like the old school, like Mason jars that your your grandma would put preserves in.
Speaker 1: Yes, the same guy that you bought the kampbcha from was growing weed in college, the exact same guy. He got done with weed and now he's moved on. He's a home botanist and chemist. That's what I I'm still.
Speaker 3: That's funny. You say I'll drink anything. I I will sample any kind of drinks, kombuchas, kava drinks, anything, any kind of melter tea. Yeah, there's a Lion's main alcohol alternative. I've been trying. It's called a Saint Spirit something. I don't remember what it's called.
Speaker 1: But yeah, jab just walking through the grocery store to walking through a TB. And I'll try that.
Speaker 2: I'll drink that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Guy guy at the gym, got a liquid with a loogie in it. Let me try that.
Speaker 4: Drink.
Speaker 1: What's to do for probiotics? Sure, I'll throw it down. Tincture for gut help, I'll take it all right, what's your dope knocket? You try it?
Speaker 3: Jb okay in this you might be surprised by this, but because you know, if people know, I've been a cyclist forever. Sorry if that annoys you, But don't knock it till you try it. Riding an e bike some people are very Oh they think it's really like either douchey or cheating or whatever. They are so much fun. Don't knock it till you try it. Have you guys been on a proper e bike.
Speaker 1: And never have?
Speaker 4: But I was one of the judging ones, Like in that cheating, they're not really peddling.
Speaker 3: It is so much fun, Like it is so much fun. It's like you're barely pedaling and you're going twenty five miles an hour. Just oh, that does fun, especially in Austin where you know, I mean, I'm talking about casual riding, not for fitness, like just yeah, getting wround in Austin eight months of the year minimum is just too hot to enjoy it while the sun's up, Like, let's be honest, to go enjoy it unless you're doing it for fitness, but to put on something and go, oh, we're going to ride bikes to go down to the coffee shop or to have lunch on a patio. It's too hot. But if you're on an e bike, you're not peddling very hard, You're moving through the wind. It's super fun. We bought a couple of them a couple of years ago, and I wasn't sure if my wife would like it or not, and she loves that thing.
Speaker 1: It is so fun. I found them kind of annoying on the trail because people.
Speaker 3: Just they're going a little yeah, yeah, you gotta be kind of respectful of whinning where you're going full speed. Same, that's the same thing like on the hike and bike trail, you know, through downtown and if you're on an e bike and you're using that as a connector, don't go full speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but it's.
Speaker 3: It's kind of an essential connector to stay off the roads, which is a good thing. Right, But but yeah, you you know, I'll put it in like either turn off the electric part or put it in like you know, mode number one, but you just, yeah, don't. I don't haul booty around people that are out walking.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's there's a place you can rent them.
Speaker 2: Probably that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: I'd go, would you go do that with me? Right? E bikes with me? Trisa?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I'd be so scared to ride around a downtown though I used to. I worked in downtown for ten years and drove all around and was like king of Downtown driving. And now it's terrifying all the different one ways have changed and all the cars and all the people. So I'll do an electric bike, but I don't know if I want to do it downtown.
Speaker 1: I won't tip a petty cab as much with an electric bike as I do. That's a good dope, knock it. He had tried and bike, Tricia, what do you got?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: I have two shocking shock overachiever. First one, puzzles. People think people who used to do puzzles are nerdy something incredibly satisfying, mentally stimulating about doing a puzzle, jigsaw puzzle, jigsaw puzzle, or really any kind of puzzle of any kind.
Speaker 2: Bit I'm talking about jigsaw puzzles.
Speaker 4: The other one I think y'all can get on board with is eating alone.
Speaker 2: Oh love.
Speaker 4: I used to think it was so sad to see someone sitting and eating alone or in a movie alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am a hundred percent. In fact, it was a couple of weeks ago. It was like a Saturday morning. I was at Gym's and one E three E mcmial surprise, surprise. I'm there every Saturday morning and a guy that I know, not really a friend, not really a yeah, he's got a business guy, you know what I mean, like you, And he came up. He goes, hey, man, what's going on? Not much? Just I had just ordered. He goes, you mind if I join you? Actually, Jim, Yeah, you said that, wow, And he said, oh I get it. I go in. I just like eating alone. I sit here, I read my news, I do my word, I don't know the guts to do that little shop. He got it. I knew he would get it, you know what I mean. I was like, I just kind of want to do this by myself, and he was fine with it. But eating alone's great.
Speaker 3: Sit at the bar, yeah, I know, it's funny. There's a couple of neighborhood bars. Sometimes I'm just I'm I go by myself, and it's like I'll work and then I'll hang for a little bit and I have I'll tak take one of my two little terriers, right. I know there are people who just take pity on me, like they go, oh, they lean over to their boyfriend. Girl, that guy's here all the time, that ugly dog.
Speaker 1: It's just so so sad. I bet his wife died. I bet he's a widow. Yeah, a dude, and your wife dies a widow or what ye widow? A widower? Yeah? And look how sweet he still wears his and he.
Speaker 2: Just loves his dog so much.
Speaker 3: But I loved it. I gotcha, Tricia. I used to think it was a little weird, and I love just going places by myself now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Used to feel sorry for people when you Yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Did it's like, ah, that's awful.
Speaker 1: Any other don't knock until you try it, So you just got to get off your chest. I got one, and I did it for a short time and it was kind of enjoyable, but then I stopped doing it. Those adult coloring books, do you remember those?
Speaker 2: You did it?
Speaker 1: I did like one picture and then I was like, it's okay, but you know what bad Then for a little while, Yeah, they were like number one best sellers on Amazon.
Speaker 2: During during COVID and puzzles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sold the hell out of those things.
Speaker 3: So I can give you a real This is a really broad don't knock it till you try it. Uh. I've been a fan of motorsports forever, mostly like European style, you know, road racing and F one and stuff like that, and so I was kind of like kind of looking down on NASCAR for a long time until I went to one. Yeah, at the Texas Motor Speedway. You were with me because we did we were guests of Smirnoff, which didn't sound you went with Alex I did not. Oh that's right, that's right, another guy we worked with. And until you get there and you get inside that track and then the noise just starts to pick up when it's coming around because those tracks are huge, so you don't hear much when they're on the other side. And then when it gets right by you, it's just like, you know, he could smell the rubber in the fuel and it's just like and you can and you're like, it's incredible. It really is incredible. And then the in the scope of it too with uh, you know at that time, like you know, Dale Junior was the darling and he I mean, I guess he still is in a way, but you know what I mean. Yeah, he had like four trucks, you know, eighteen wheeler merch trucks. Yeah, and in there the the lines are ten deep wo on all four trucks, and you know, it's just like it's incredible. It really isn't incredible. So don't knock it till you try it. If you're a motorsports snob, hey, if you've got to, don't knock it till you try it. We'd love to hear it from you. Share it on our talk back feature. That's the little red microphone on the iHeartRadio app. Tap it, record the message, send it to us. We'll get it, We'll share it with everybody else. Coming up there is a Austin business that has resorted to crowdfunding, trying to raise three hundred and sixty thousand bucks to keep the doors open. I've been open since nineteen seventy eight. I'll tell you what it is. Coming up on Austin's daty station one O three point one