Speaker 1: Welcome to the WWE Podcast, your place for the most passionate wrestling analysis on the web.
Speaker 2: Just turn Roman Heel. What is WWE Waiting.
Speaker 1: For another wrestling podcast put you to sleep? You can count on the WWE Podcast to get you engaged in asking for more.
Speaker 2: I've been watching wrestling for over twenty years and that was one of the best matches I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: This is unlike any other wrestling analysis. So without any further delay, let's get this show started right now.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the WWE Podcast. It is Saturday, November twenty third, twenty nineteen, the day before Survivor Series NXT Takeover War Games is going on as we speak, and I wanted to make sure that this preview show prediction show got out so that you guys could take a listen and get yourself geared up for tomorrow night's or Tonight's depending on when you're listening Survivors Series event. And it is heavy on triple threats, so if you love triple threats, you were going to get more than your phill for that show, which is filled with just hours, literally hours of triple threat matches when you put it all together, and some intriguing ones as well as much as I you know, I may have downplayed or critiqued this whole storyline of brand supremacy nonsense, of which I still one hundred and twenty percent stand by that it's complete, non sensical garbage. This should be from a wrestling perspective, all that you can eat. I mean, this is a buffet that you, you know, underpaid and over delivered, you're going to get. I think high level of high level of quality in terms of the match star ratings, particularly with the AJ styles Roderick Strong and Shinskanakamura triple threat, the women's triple Threat with Shana Basler Bailey and Becky Lynch's I think positioned to be one of the top matches of the night and I'm looking forward to that match probably the most. The five on five on five, Yeah, I did not stutter. It's five on five on five times two matches. I'm really not a fan of Elimination style is fun when it's five on five and the match actually makes sense to happen. But in this case, I've just kind of conceded and go, whatever, this will not matter come come Monday night when they're in Chicago. So you know, look, I think it's gonna be a good pay per view, but I think we're all gonna be worn out of the Triple threat and brand supremacy garbage. So anyway, Ashley is with us today and we covered obviously the predictions for Survivor Series. We also get into whether or not we think we'll see CM punk during this three night event of war Games and then Survivor Series and Monday Night Raw, and we don't completely rule it out. I will tell you that, and how it could happen. I think Ashley came up with a really damn good idea of how it could possibly happen and how to get some heel heat out of it. So we cover that and a whole lot more, including could the Undertaker show up? How does Daniel Bryan fair against the Fiend? Does he have a chance in hell of winning? Does Raymistereo have a snowballs chance in hell of winning? We cover all of these questions and just so much more. But thank you guys again for joining the ww podcast. This is a show that's produced six times a week for you guys and nxts covered Aw's covered Raw, SmackDown, pay per views, you name it, it's here wrestling nostalgia, and this is a show made ya fan for fans, so don't forget. If you want to get an ad free experience, heading over to patreon dot com slash WWE podcast and you can get a completely ad free listening experience as well as shout outs getting on the show. Video shout outs mentions, special content, blogs and articles that are only available to those on Patreon, So lots of special goodies for you waiting over there, and it's only a dollar a month. I'm literally a dollar a month to start off, So head on over there, or you just use the free feed and you deal with the ads, but you get an ad free or you get a free experience, and that's available on Apple, Google, Spotify, tune in anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: So alrighty, well, guys, this is a big show, special show. Always excited to have Ashley on. I know you guys love her. I have always had great chemistry with her. She's a mainstay of this show, and she's back and we're discussing Survivor series and we did a little bit of math, as you'll hear at the very end of the show. I also catch her right before the TLC pay per views, So we had a long string of being able to do preview shows together, prediction shows, and that string will continue into TLC, as I talked to her the day before TLC, which is December fourteenth or thirteenth, I can't remember. So if you like Ashley and I on prediction show as well, the gods of wrestling have aligned once again to bring you a prediction show of her and I together. So already, well, I think that's it. I think we're ready to get going and we're ready to talk Survivor Series predictions with Ashley and myself. All right, welcome to the WWE podcast on this Survivor Series preview show when we're going to go through all of our predictions. We've got some big ticket items to talk about that happened during this crazy week of wrestling, and I welcome back Ashley to the show. And we were on our cycle for a while of doing preview shows doing prediction shows. We broke that the last month or so and now we're back on it. So Ashley, welcome to the show. Always a blast to.
Speaker 3: Have you here.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's so great to be back and I'm happy we're back on our schedule. It's fun doing the prediction shows with you. I'm looking up now still to see if we're on track for TLC as well, so I'll let you know later on. But I'm happy to be here talking to you tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, and yes, that's your homework assignment.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: Very curious to see if we are now going to be stuck on our previous cycle, which wasn't a bad thing. It just was pretty funny the way that it happened all and every every single month. But yeah, so we're going to get into the Survivor series deal. There's so much to dissect, I mean, and yes, there isn't going to be a whole lot of positivity at least on my end, just from this whole structure of the Sarvis series, but there are some matches that I'm really really looking forward to. So there's definitely good with the bad here. But before I do, I know that you do a podcast beyond this that is live on Facebook. So let everyone know what that is, where they can find it, and a little bit about what the show is.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do. It is called Wressell Rewind.
Speaker 4: We air live every Thursday at eight thirty so if you want to watch us live, it's a video stream, feel free to check us out. You can chime in with us either agreed, disagree, whatever you feel like, whatever comments you have, or orre just listening to us on podcasts later on either on Apple, Spotify, pretty much anyway you can listen to podcasts.
Speaker 5: We are there, so feel free to check us out.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I've watched you guys the last few weeks, and you guys are pretty good. I mean I can say I can say that with all seriousness, like, you guys are pretty good. I like the little setup you've got, the topics are good. You guys seem to have good chemistry. I would like them to center you a little bit more in the video. It seems like you're always off to like just the side where I'm like, I think I can see Ashley, you know, like, but.
Speaker 5: I know, I know. We're working on it, working on it.
Speaker 4: It's funny because a little peek behind the curtain really quick. We film in Tommy's spare guest room, so we're kind of limited on space for now. He's moving soon, so I think all that's going to change in the near future.
Speaker 5: So right now we're limited on space, so I really don't want to be right on.
Speaker 4: Top of my little partner. There's smooky Z, so I try to keep my space. But yeah, Jim and I go back.
Speaker 5: And watch it. Sometimes I'm like, wow, you can barely see me.
Speaker 4: So I definitely try to keep heading in line, but yeah, sometimes I just fade off there on the side.
Speaker 2: Oh right, So the secret has now been revealed as to why Ashley is just in the videos. Okay, so now it makes total sense sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, see you.
Speaker 2: You are, You're pulling the You're like David Copperfield pulling the curtain back. So all right, well, Ashlely, Look, this is a this is a week in which I view this and maybe I'm a little bit I don't know, preemptive on this, but I view this sometimes as the unofficial start to wrestle Mania, because when you look back at previous years of the last ten to fifteen years, there have been at times seeds planted at Survivor series that led all the way to WrestleMania. So I mean personally that that's how I look at it. I don't have a lot of faith sometimes in the booking team to go that far, but do you see, as this is a pay per view, that's you know, maybe something like that could happen on Tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I've never really looked at it like that in that perspective before. So, but as you were saying that, I immediately thought of Sting. So that was kind of like his little launching point there, and then I believe he faced triple H later on at that year's WrestleMania, so that you may be onto something there.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I for wressell Mania's sake, I don't think so, just because I think right now their main focus is just on Tomorrow and then I kind of feel like starting on Monday, we're going to get a clean slate. So honestly, I don't see any of these feusure, I don't. I don't per see anything starting tomornd I but I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: I very well could be wrong. Do you have any idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean no, I don't. I just in years past, as you said, Sting was number one, Sean Michaels and the Undertaker was another one back in two thousand and ten, I think it was. So there have been but again, these are these are matches that are you know, once in a lifetime, you know, legendary top ten matches that you would you would foresee going from this point to WrestleMania. But yeah, again, do I think that's gonna happen? Probably not so. I guess an easier question would be what are what are some of the matches that you're actually looking forward to? And we'll get to predictions, but just off the top, like, hey, like this is a match, these are the matches that I really am looking forward to seeing.
Speaker 4: I think, first off, I'm really looking forward to the chiple threat match between Shinsky and Akimura, a J and roder Strong. I think that's gonna just steal the show, and I'm very curious. I'm not gonna give away my take yet, but I'm curious to see who they give the nod to with this one. I'm wondering if it's gonna be a clean sweep like it was last year, but this year, have NXT just win all the matches. Again, We'll go more in depth into that later, but that could kind of lead to my pick there. But yeah, I think that one for sure, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to the beculence Shana Basler and Bailey match as well. I think that's just gonna I think that'll be right up there with the AJ and broder Strong Shinsky match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you there. I noticed you didn't mention any of the five on five on five on five on five matches, which we'll get to, of course, and I'm with you there. I would put the AJ Styles match Roderick Strong and shins Ky probably my number two. My number one probably that I'm looking forward to the most would be the women's triple threat between Shanna Basler, Becky and Bailey.
Speaker 3: I mean that was up there too.
Speaker 2: My number three'd probably be probably brock Lesnar and Ray Mysterio, believe it or not, just out of my own curiosity as to just the way Paul Haymond sells things. Just I mean, it's just like here, Paul, take my money. I mean, seriously, this guy when.
Speaker 4: He would say either a miracle or a mass like just beautiful God.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, he brings tears to my eyes the way he cuts pro This guy's a damn genius. So yes, it's gonna be a miracle or a massacre. And I am really. I mean, I think it's gonna be a massacre, and my my bloodlust is hoping that it's a massacre just because that's just what I want to see from brack Leszer, because that's what he is. So anyway, giving away that prediction isn't exactly giving away a prediction as is a spoiler. I just see no way that raymis Sirira can win that. So yeah, I don't predict foresee miracle. But again that's beginning giving anything way. So before we get into some of the actual predictions for Survivors series, what were some of the big things from this week? Any I mean so much to really pick from. I mean, you really have NXT invasion every single time that there's a w W Raw or SmackDown show, we have the Fiend, and we have Daniel O'Brien and that whole story and Daniel Brian getting now attacked again this week with the mandible claw. I guess that's what they're gonna call it until they find another name for it. So what were some of the big things this week that you took away and wanted to discuss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, I honestly think they've done very well with NXT. I mean, look, I don't think any of us really are fans of the whole brand versus brand versus brand concept. But I think so far they actually have protected NXT, and I think they've done very well with everyone who's been involved, So I am I'm very happy with that. You know, w B could have very easily let all these guys come in and squash them. I mean, and don't get me wrong, you know, tomorrow I hope, I hope this doesn't happen, of course, but they could, you know, do the exact opposite of when I'm praising them for now and squash n XT.
Speaker 5: But I don't, I don't see that.
Speaker 4: I think things are completely different now for this year's Survivor series. I think NXT has a fair shot tomorrow night, and I'm really I think that just the build up to Survivor Series, and especially this week with the go home shows, NXC really shine and like Rio Ripley and Adam Cole, they just I think they really stood out in Keith Lee on SmackDown. And it's interesting because they were on SmackDown and the Chicago.
Speaker 5: Crowd was chanting for NXT.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's just Chicago being Chicago, or if that's just a sign that NXT is over and people and in the fan base and in general is silently behind NXT. So that was kind of interesting when I was watching SmackDown.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm just I'm I'm kind of like, okay with the build up. I guess it is what it is. I think there was a little too many just.
Speaker 4: All out brawls, But I'm happy that Survivor Series is here tomorrow so we can kind of get through this and then just have NXT go back to doing their own thing and their own world, and then just having SmackDown and Raw actually be able to utilize talent on their respective shows to just go forward from here and lead towards the WrestleMania season coming up, because we're I think, what five months away from WrestleMania ready or something like that.
Speaker 5: It's insane. Time flies, but yeah, crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I always view it as I mean, yeah, could things happen tomorrow night that that lead to a WrestleMania match. Maybe again, to your point, probably not. But you know, the very first raw after the New year is always a big show because that puts you right on the road to WrestleMania. So we are a month away, really, I mean, because then it'll be the end of December and then boom you right into January and it's road WrestleMania. So we are really close, closer than you really think, you know. So, But to your point about this past week, it was all about n XT.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The Keith Lee and Braunze Strowman interaction was interesting again and may be interesting from the perspective of oh new matchup. I've never seen this, never thought about this, and yeah, that's cool, but as you said, at the end of this, everyone's going back to their own worlds. This means nothing other than bragging rights. And how can anyone claim brand supremacy unless they have a C sweep. Even if they did, that doesn't matter because we saw what happened last year beyond the pre show match that SmackDown got swept clean and it meant zero. So this whole brand supremacy thing, I've ranted about it for weeks now. It means zero. But I think NXT more than anybody. NXT right now is the is the babyface and this whole thing, and I think SmackDown and Raw are the heels. I mean, because NXT is the cool brand. They feel like an anti brand, even though they're all under the same umbrella of WWE.
Speaker 3: It's it's a genius move.
Speaker 2: So regardless, Wind Loser draw tomorrow night, and I think they'll win, probably you know, one of the bigger matches, and I'll leave it at that, but I think they're gonna get a solid, a clean victory, a big victory, a memorable one, and that is what's going to make I think the difference here is not just that win, but also just getting the exposure on one of the biggest pay per views of the year, Survivor series. NXT has gotten a lot more eyeballs on them than had they not just had this invasion angle and had this three on triple threat match, because they would have just been sitting on Wednesday nights and they wouldn't have gotten in front of eyeballs. That just go I don't really know what NXT is, but now we're forced to watch it, even though you know, people who aren't watching it are now watching NXT and may tune in now to Wednesday night to see these guys and gals fight. And that's I think the ultimate win. Here is exposure for NXT, regardless of even if they lost all three matches, all four matches whatever. So right now, the big win here is NXT and getting the exposure that they deserve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, And you kind of just stated there when I was about to say myself, And I think this week showed that there were I'm not one of those people who really reads into ratings at all, but this week was interesting and that NXT finally won the first week against AW And again, of course you know that there was a lot of like asterisks with that. You know, you had stars from Ron SmackDown showing up, and obviously there's a lot of hype in build up to it. So of course if any week they were going to win, it would be this week, or.
Speaker 5: You would hope so.
Speaker 4: But I think obviously next week is gonna be more telling in that sense to see if this momentum can continue for them. And I think regardless, this is a win win for WWE. They kind of double dips. They got all of their main stars into all three of their main shows after the draft and the build up to VIR series, so it was just perfect timing and I think this was like ideal because next week, everyone knows NXC if people watching ron smacked on, you've seen these guys, and hopefully, and I think it will, the majority of people who recently tuned in this week will be invested in Adam Cole and Roder scheng in the Undisputed Era and Ripley and Shannon Basler and all of them going forwards. So I think this is a win win, regardless of, like you said, what happens to the individual magic tomorrow night, it really is.
Speaker 2: And then I mean that's a good point too. The real telling tale sign will be not necessarily this week because sorr AEW doesn't have that advantage, doesn't have that luxury of pulling from other brands that are more successful to bring into their you know, their the red Headed Stepchild brand, to get more exposure of bringing stars into that brand, which inherently will up the ratings. So now that they don't have that next week, assuming we all go back to you know, normal world, is what happens after that? Because was this whole to me, this whole thing, this whole build has just been nothing more than a big advertisement for n XT. And look, I'm not bashing them, because if I was trying to build a third brand. That's good to do. That's what exactly. You have big brother and Big Sister brand. Why wouldn't you want to expose your little you know, step redhead stepchild for you know, lack of a better term, to those brands to get more eyeballs on the product that you want to also build. So that is to me what the goal was. It's just been nothing more than one big informer for NXT. But that's that's fine because they're running a business and that's what they're trying to do, and I I support that we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, oh, one more thing I didn't ask you, and I have to ask you before I forget, is is do you think there is any I think you're about to know where I'm gonna go here? Is there any possibility at all that you could see since we because we haven't talked since this happened of CM punk like at all? Look, I mean they're in Chicago for four nights and now three nights after you know, NXT takeover, and then the War Games rather and then you have uh Survivor series and then you have money Net Raw. What do you think I mean?
Speaker 3: Is there any possibility The thing is, I won't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think there really is a great opportunity or a great chance giving Punk's answers. Although he's likes to be cryptic and likes to you know, uh, put people, you know, drive people the wrong way and and put fake news out there or make people think, and he's good at mind games with all this kind of stuff. But I will say I don't think pun it's going to show up. That's my short answer. But I do think that during matches that people don't give a damn about, you're gonna hear cmpunk chants probably you know, heavy throughout the night. I think there's gonna be a lot of cmpunk chants, people going nuts for cmpunk and the possibility of him coming out.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny me and my friends we're talking about this on Thursday.
Speaker 5: I think there's every part of me wants to say yes.
Speaker 6: But I think that WW is expecting people to kind of see that.
Speaker 5: And kind of expect that in a weird way, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: So I think just because all the stars are aligning, and Renee even mentioned it on backstage earlier this week, I don't think that happens. If anything, I could see, well, I take that back, so I'm my initial response.
Speaker 5: Is and my short answer is no.
Speaker 6: But if they do go that route, I could see either one or two things happening.
Speaker 5: Either his music playing and a.
Speaker 4: Heel coming out like a Baron Corbin, because what other way to get just a stupid amount of heat?
Speaker 5: Then having Sampunk's music play.
Speaker 4: In Chicago and having like a Baron Corbin come out, or just somebody wanted to get like massively over like that would just be you know, just insanely just heat magnetizing right there. So I don't think his Sampunk mentioned on backstage this week that he didn't really know who Baron Corbin was, So I could just see if WW wants to have fun with it, maybe something like that happening, or if he does show up like you mentioned earlier, I could see if they do want to start something here or plant to seed him coming out and interrupting any maybe uh seth Rawlin's segment, or interrupting the Magine coming on, costing set the magic, just interacting with Step in some form or fashion.
Speaker 5: So I could see.
Speaker 4: If he does make an appearance in doing something like that, but my initial response would be no, just because if he is even open to coming back, and this is something they've actually been discussing, I think they're gonna want to hold off for a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like you said, that could be a really really good way to get a heel over and massive heat is to play the music the fans lose their minds. I mean the pond. I'm gonna sit at home and jump. I mean it would be.
Speaker 3: It would the internet would.
Speaker 2: Explode and the building would explode, only to have somebody else come out and just smile all the way to the ring. People would I mean, I think there would be drinks thrown out the person. I mean it would be. It would be amazing to watch. I would be pissed sitting at home, but that's what they're going for, and I get it. I mean I think back to it's happened before a couple of times, big times. I can remember when Austin walked out and his music played. And this is when, obviously, when Austin was gone, and I think Flair came out or maybe it was Batista, somebody else came out and they got massive heat. The other time, was Brett Hart when Seawn Michaels was in Montreal and I think this was two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, I forget what it was, and Michaels came out he was fighting Hulk Hogan at the time. I remember they were in a program. Yeah, so maybe it was O five so they I mean, you remember he came out in Montreal. Montreal was crapping all over him, and Michael's even though he's a babyface at the time, he laid into it. Who's your daddy, Montreal? And then he just he sang, oh Canada and just was an obnoxious heel, and then he talked about Brett Hart and how he's you know, he's screwed him and how he'd do it again. It's and then my god, when you hear the guitar strings, listen to that crowd, it's one of the biggest pops you'll ever hear.
Speaker 3: In your life.
Speaker 2: And uh, and then Michael's obviously was just was it was a complete hoax, you know, built by Michael's. Great it was you talk about I mean, so something like that, you know, I'm fine with that if you want to piss off the fans. If it ultimately leads to somehow Punk coming back, you know, but also building a heel. So yeah, now I'm getting myself all hyped up for this, of which I think nothing will happen. I think there's about a ninety five percent chance of neither one happening. But they're in Chicago. Like you said it, it's kind of damn coincidental. You have Punk kind of back. He's in a contract with Fox, and yet this program that he's on w B backstage is on Fox.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would say no, but I would not rule this out at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm right there with you, And honestly, like as much as I want him to come.
Speaker 5: Back, I don't want it to be right now just because we are he's on our minds. I want him to do his backstage appearances for the show.
Speaker 4: Obviously, however frequently he's going to and then if he's gonna make his return, like n Ring, it'd be maybe a month or two months down the road where we it's not as fresh and he's not as freshly on our mind as.
Speaker 5: He is right now.
Speaker 6: So if he hadn't shown up this week, my answer would probably be very different.
Speaker 5: But yeah, right now, just kind of hold off on it.
Speaker 3: Totally agree.
Speaker 2: I mean I would want this, and I really believe that Punk is not ready to return into the ring. I know that it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a matter of if. I do believe it's a when, given that he's now dipped his toe back into wrestling and dipped his toe back into specifically WWE programming, even though he's not a WWE contracted employees with Fox. So I think it's when. But as you said, I don't want it now, and I don't believe the Rumble is a good place either, because you can't have him come in the Rumble just to what lose, and you can't have him win because to have him in the main event to win a championship, that's I mean, he's forty one years old.
Speaker 3: As he said. As much as as cool as that would be, it's about the he doesn't need it.
Speaker 2: No, what's he gonna do work a full time schedule, go house show, No, he's not doing that, So the Rumble to me is out. I just it makes no sense for him to be in the Rumble match itself. So but as you said, yeah, I think but okay, So bottom line is I think we will see CM punk between now and WrestleMania thirty six. I think at some point, even if it's at WrestleMania thirty six, we will see CM punk. I would you agree or were you saying maybe only optimist?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: On all right, Well now that I'm getting like all myself all hyped up about this happening and it probably will not sor I mean, now I'm all excited. All right, Well, let's get into the actual show. Let's get into the prettys for uh the pay per view and right at the top here as I go down the list, rock Lessner versus raymis Stereo for the WWE Championship. Actually, is there any chance Ray Mysterio wins?
Speaker 4: I think there's like a maybe one percent chance he wins, because you can never say never. But no, I think this is just gonna be just a demolishing of Ray Mysterio. He is such a great seller.
Speaker 5: Just he no one.
Speaker 4: It's it's kind of like a David and Glith type of situation, just because the sheer size difference.
Speaker 5: Brock as a beast.
Speaker 4: We all know that so I think this is just gonna be I think Ray will get like a few chops in a few shots because in the stipulation or the I think it's a no holds barred match correct and pretty much non disqualification.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I see him.
Speaker 4: Getting some shots, and I don't think it's going to be a quick like within like a minute or two minute type of thing or squash.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be maybe five six minutes.
Speaker 4: But I think Brock is gonna just destroy Ray.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's exactly what's going to happen. And there may be a couple of hope spots. Given the fact that this is a no holds barred match tells me that this isn't going to be a KOFE Kingston Special where it's you know, nine seconds. I think this should be probably seven minutes or less, where maybe even that's too much, but uh, this is going to be a match where Ray Maisterio might get one or two hope spots with a couple of weapons given it to no holds barred match, and oh Brock's down, can you know? Can he get his shoulders to the mat for three? And I mean there'll be a couple of times where that happens, specifically mcdominick probably interfering on Ray Masterio's behalf. Given it's no holds barred, he can come in and you know, come to his father's aid, of which I fully expect brock Lesner to probably f five both men, and I mean, I think that'll be the end of that and Ray Masterio moves on to something else. It's it's interesting though that given this whole storyline, you would think that after this would come Canevelaskaz, but instead it's reversed where it's, oh, you know, Caine and then ray but whatever. I mean, they had to have all this Saudi money invested in Kane Alaskaz and that whole I mean, that's a whole nother discussion. But it's just weird that it feels like it's backwards. But I'm fine with it. I'm actually more emotionally invested in this than I am with the Kanevelaskaz brock Lesser Matchic Crown jewel, just because I've done a really good job with this build. I mean, specifically Paul Hayman, who has sold this as he sells you know, ice to an Eskimo this guy is so damn good, and so I'm interested in this match from the perspective of not really who wins, but how you know how Ray is portrayed, because Ray is a legend. Ray is a guy that is a He's not He's not Kofe Kingston the fans, you know, while the fans were grassrooting supporting him. Ray Masteria is a luchador that is an absolute legend in Mexico. Mexico legend in the United States has one the championship on several occasions in the past. I believe it was in two thousand and five, two thousand and six against or against Triple H and Randy Orton. So he has done it. He has proven himself. So I think that he deserves a little more respect in getting a complete squash. So I would give it over under six minutes, and it's going to be a Brockleazer beat down with Dominic coming to his aid ultimately to fail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent with everything he just said. The only thing I would.
Speaker 4: Just question and just throw out there just as curiosity and get your take really quick. Do you see a swerve coming with Dominic turning on Ray, Or do you see just Brock destroying Dominic and Ray? Or maybe Dominic's not even going to be ringside and just pretty much like you laid out, just Brock destroying Ray. Do you think, but do you think Dominic turns on Ray?
Speaker 2: I would say no, I didn't even think about that. I mean, I'm trying to think of a reason why he would and maybe the only there's only a couple of things I could think of. Well, Dad, you weren't able to come to my aid and you allowed brock Lesn to just beat me down. What kind of father are you? Or he could say, I remember what you did to me with Eddie Guerrero of putting custody of me up for grabs back in two thousand and four or whatever.
Speaker 4: Technically, and Ray isn't really Dominic's father. Yeah, I mean, I mean this is pure craziness. I'm sure, but I mean just I don't know, just looking at the lineup and seeing this, you know, the stipulation that holds bar and like, I don't know, like if if it were to happen like this would be it. I don't know, just just a crazy thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be I would be intrigued as hell. I'm gonna say no to that, but I wouldn't. I mean again, Vince McMahon's the crazier things.
Speaker 4: I don't know, And maybe it was just that the Paul Hammond if Vince wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I don't know if Dominic is ready to have an actual w W career, because if they turned him, that would mean that there's more to this story. And I don't know if he's at that level of being able to perform in a WW ring on live television to follow up with the story.
Speaker 3: I mean, so, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say no because there's a lot that is attached to that and the follow up that would have to be done, and I don't think they're ready to do. But so ultimately I would say no.
Speaker 3: But intriguing. Intriguing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So no, No, that's that's so funny you bring that up.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: So all right, Becky Lynch versus Bailey versus SHANEA Basler.
Speaker 3: Tough one. This is honestly tough. But go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you pick on this one because I have been up in the air on this all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm torn, and I'm town between two choices, and neither of them is Becky winning.
Speaker 5: I don't think Becky. I think out of all three of them, Becky is the last one who needs a victory here. So I'm torn between either Shana winning and maybe pinning Bailey. So you know, of course Shanna can brag that she won the match, but Becky, of course, they says she didn't actually pin her, and you know, so they can say that.
Speaker 4: Going you know, in the future. But part of me wants to say Bailey pulls the victory out in this because Shana and Becky are so focused on each other. Maybe Bailey gets taken out early in the match, kind of hides on the ringside or maybe throwing an ounce table or something like that, and then comes back later on, like just at the last second, and steals the victory.
Speaker 5: So as much as I want to say Shana, because I think it would be such a.
Speaker 4: Badass choice for them to actually have it sweep the night or even just I think Shana probably out of all three of them, needs the victory the most, so I would want to say Shana, but for some weird reason, I feel Bailey is going to get the victory here.
Speaker 2: Man I you know, when you brought up that explanation, I think the easy thing, the easy thing to say Shana beats Bailey because, as you said, it covers a lot of bases here. It establishes Shana Basiler as a legit, you know, a legit women's competitor who belongs that she is on equal footing or even higher than Bailey is. And it protects Becky Lynch, who has been protected since since she won the championship at WrestleMania thirty five, So it keeps her out of the decision and Scott free. And Bailey, who attacked Shana, you know, seemed to be a bit concerned at the look of Shana Basler's face after she attacked her and threw into the stairs, and there's some fear there. And got the one up on her, which we all know is the golden rule for you get the one up before the paper view typically typically you would lose out the pay per view. So there's a lot pointing to that solution. There's a lot pointing to Shana beating Bailey, and Becky staying out of the decision, and you know, nobody's really damn imaged by this, and it elevates Shana Basler.
Speaker 3: So that's the easy solution.
Speaker 2: So I think, do I go with what the easy money is or do I take a shot at you know, could Becky. You could even make a case for Becky winning this. What I would say is, I think we're probably in agreement that Bailey's going to be the one to take the fall because in the pecking order of these three champions, you could argue pretty easily that Bailey is at the third spot. And that's not no just to her, you know, no disrespect, but that's just kind of the pecking order at least in the presentation of this match, that Bailey is the.
Speaker 3: Third wheel here.
Speaker 2: So you can make a case that Becky beats Bailey, which protects Shana you don't want her losing, and Becky can claim that she's the supreme woman.
Speaker 3: Whatever. This is tough.
Speaker 2: So it's either to me, oh man, I'm gonna go with the damn easy money like a coward, and I'm gonna say that Shana Basler beats Bailey and Becky Lynch try to interfere in just at the last second, she can't do it, and Shana Basler beats Bailey, and yeah, not interesting, But I'm gonna take the easy one there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean one of us had to make that choice, and I was fifty to fifty with it, so I'm glad you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not interesting, it's not creative, it's not getting out there.
Speaker 5: You know. Honestly, it's not a bad choice. But like you said, it's not the most exciting.
Speaker 2: It's not I'm trying to be creative because you could, you could make a case for all three and honestly, like having Bailey win may not be the worst thing in the world because having Bailey, say, pin Becky, Becky's teflon right now. I think Becky, there's no titles on the line, so it doesn't matter if Benny loses. So if you have Bailey win, I think Bailey needs it more than any of them because she has turned heel and then not had a great follow up to it.
Speaker 3: She did what we.
Speaker 2: Wanted her to do, and then they're like all right, so like, well keep going here. I mean, they just really to the momentum, and having done a lot with her, So having Bailey win this, considering this whole pay per view is just about bragging rights, they might as well prename it that. It's that would to me be a better fit for Bailey to brag on than Becky Lynch because it can only go so far with a baby face. With a victory like this, it's just nothing more than bragging rights. So to me, Bailey needs it the most. But I think Shane is gonna end up being the victor here, so tough one. Honestly, I would not put an money on this match if I was anybody out there listening, do not bet on this match.
Speaker 3: It is way too unpredictable.
Speaker 5: So yes, yes, none at all. Yeah, no, again, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: That's why maybe it's just me like hoping they go with Billy because, like you just explained, she needs it more than any of them, and pretty much her storyline and her bill going into this was that people were not focusing on her. So what better way than to than to really steal and solidify her healed turn and run going forward would be to have her pretty much back up everything that she's been saying for the past few weeks. So again, it may just be me wishful thinking, and like you said, it could just go with shanea winning, which is fine, like like you said, but yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm sticking with Bailey. But I could very very well see it being Shana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is I mean, I keep looking at this, looking at this match, and I'm convincing myself looking at each name of how they could win, and all of them are plausible but all right.
Speaker 4: And really quick just and this kind of ties into like our picks going for it. But so did they have they mentioned how you actually win the whole night, like how what brand wins? Is it which brand wins the majority of the matches or is it?
Speaker 3: This is ok?
Speaker 2: Yep, nope, and that this is why you're gonna get me out of rant. I'm not gonna I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I'll just say that. No, they have not explained that.
Speaker 7: Soap Nope, Nope, we'll get there. The Viking Raiders, Eric and I have are raw tag team champions versus the New Day versus the Undisputed Era. H My pick on this again not easy. It's it's hard when titles aren't on the line, because that's usually an indicator of who could win the match, and when.
Speaker 4: You have to say, you really think about you know, like the title matches are the easier ones to predict than the non title matches.
Speaker 3: It really is, is that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna say I don't think the Viking Raiders here win.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't, which is unfortunate because they had a lot of momentum after they won the Raw Tag Team Championship. The crowd was with them during that match. They put on a damn good match and had a decent follow up promo, and then they just disappeared New Day. I honestly I don't with them as Tag Team champions. It doesn't do anything for me because to me, at this point, they are beyond the Tag Team champions Championship and the Undisputed Era, the.
Speaker 3: Up and comers.
Speaker 2: They're the new Shiny Toy, They're the NXT Tag Team Champions. I guess I'll predict an Undisputed Era win.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Not interesting, but to me it's not. It's not interesting. But what's even more less interesting.
Speaker 3: To me is New Day winning. Who cares?
Speaker 2: I mean if the New Day win, Okay, we already know They're a great tag team. They've been together for like what five years now, They're great, wonderful. I mean, so they win. The Viking Raiders they're less interesting, which is again unfortunate, but the way they're positioned on the show and presented, I don't see them beating and winning this match. But this could be an upset match and that'd be fine with me. But I think right now, the Undisputed Era is gonna be the one to win.
Speaker 5: You, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think Undisputed Era needs the victory more than any other team, which is crazy to say because the Viking Raiders need a victory as well. They're still in the process of being established themselves. So but yeah, I think Underspeedter takes Underspeeded Aaron takes it here, and I'm kind of bombed that, you know, the Noon Day ended up beating Revival for the attack ting titles and ended up in this match. No and no like offense or no knock against them because they're great and it's gonna be a great match. I was just, I guess looking forward to the Revival being in there, because then it would just be have a completely different feel to it. But yeah, so I think underspeeded era takes it here. But again that kind of plays into my whole questioning of and I'm not trying to get you on a ramp, but.
Speaker 5: The whole how like how does one brand win?
Speaker 4: Because that would determine my my predictions here because if let's say the whole the thing was whoever, whichever brand won the majority of the matches that they were involved in. So like let's say out of whatever five matches that you could each brand was involved in NXT one all five or like to win the night, that that's what they would have to do or win the majority Like that would you know, determine my predictions.
Speaker 5: But I guess yeah, I'll just go under speed of air here.
Speaker 2: Again, I mean, this was never explained and it was it should have been, and it was never explained because it's just w B left and vague. Yeah, I mean again, if you're gonna even sell me, which I am nowhere near being sold on brand supremacy being a thing or nor do I care about this actually, you know, being something that's on the line as a tangible victory, a tangible prize, it's not. And to believe that everyone who just suddenly gets drafted of their not of their own choice to a brand and suddenly decides that, oh, you're wearing the same color as me, We're cool, we're friends, and has this loyalty beyond like, well, well you made fun of my family and threatened my family or you ran me down with the car, but look we're on the same brand that matters more than any championship or personal agenda is absolutely garbage. I mean, So for them to tell us that brand supremacy is on the line and then not even tell us again if this was something I cared about, which I don't, not even tell us how that that brand supremacy would be, would be would be taken, and would be actually awarded to that brand whoever won, and not tell us how that happens is also doubly bad. I mean, it's just poor storytelling upon poor storytelling, And and this is what I'm talking about. I would assume, I would assume that what's gonna happen here is I don't any see any brand getting a clean sweep. If that ever happens, it could be NXT and if it is, then great they can claim brand supremacy because they had a sweep. But I would assume that if it's probably gonna be here and there, if Smackling gets one, Row gets one, and and uh and NXT gets the rest, what I would think is, oh, well, you know the tag team division you had, uh, you know, the the undisputed era claim brand supremacy there, and they'll they'll break it off by like departments or sections of the brand or of the product, And that's probably what they're gonna do.
Speaker 5: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: God, anyway, I just I honestly can't wait till after Sunday. I am looking so forward to this being over just from that perspective.
Speaker 3: The rest of the card.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, Brock Good the Fiend and Daniel Bryant will get to I'm looking forward to that too. Ages styles that triple threat, Like, I'm fine too, But man, is this is a triple threat. I never want to see a multi person man match again ever from WWE after this.
Speaker 3: I mean, just think about the.
Speaker 2: Sheer number of people in these matches you have. You have two matches in which you have fifteen people men and women in each match. You have thirty people in two matches. I mean, it's just all right, let's move to team Raw. We have Charlotte Flair, Natalia Oscar, Kyrie Sane, and Sarah Logan versus Sasha Banks Teams Backdown, Carmela Dana Brook, Lacy Evans and Nicky Cross versus Team NXT Rhea Ripley and her. It says four members to be announced, but I believe they were defined at this point. So Ria Ripley is the team captain, and I'm so glad that WW decided not to make that a thing this year either that people fight over being team captain as if it gives them some kind of power. So yeah, I'm glad that that wasn't a thing this year. That people just self appointed and that's fine.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: So what do you think about this? Who wins this? I mean this is also kind of up in the air. I mean I feel like a lot of these are up in the air with no championships on the line and just bragging, right, So any.
Speaker 5: Thoughts, Honestly, I don't. I don't know, because I don't. I would my prediction would be NXT.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a very good match, but I think the NXC women are gonna pull it on. I think this weekend is gonna be Ria Ripley's weekend. I just I think, but just how they've been showcasing her within the bill these past few weeks up until this point, I think she's really gonna shine here. So I think they're going to go with NXT taking the victory here, and I think my prediction is gonna be the is the last woman standing for her team?
Speaker 3: All right? Yeah? Yeah, no, I could.
Speaker 2: I could see that, And again, maybe that is the right choice here. Maybe that is the right choice because honestly, Team Raw with Charlotte and Tally, Oscar Kyrie saying Sara Logan, and same with Team Smack then with all those women I just mentioned.
Speaker 5: The team who needs this victory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't think nobody, honestly, nobody needs this victory from teams or from spack Down and Raw. If this is going to be a pay for view about a clean suite from NXT, fine, I mean the fine that would put them on the map, and I would I would actually advocate for that rather than just you know, well you get one, I get one, they get one, you get one, I get one and gets all evenly split.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if they're gonna do this, and do it right. As bad as the storytelling is, at least tell us a good, bad story of Team NXT doing a clean sweat and they can claim true brand supremacy. Fine, I mean I could see that actually happening. I mean, so far we have both picked well, I have picked anyway. You picked Bailey, but I picked Shana Basler, and then we picked both the Undisputed Era, and now you're picking Riya Ripley Team NXT.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 2: The same thing because to me, it just makes the most sense.
Speaker 3: And I just see no other way around.
Speaker 2: My mic just went out. I see no other way around this. I just don't see how it makes sense for teams smack down our team brought to win. So even though Riya Ripley and the members that she's with they have been feuding on NXT and we're all just supposed to put our differences aside. Fine, whatever, I'll buy it in NXT too. I'll just buy the crap they're selling me on that. And I just think it's NXT being put on the map. Wwe knows that they have a gem in NXT, and like you said, they beat a w this week for.
Speaker 3: The first time.
Speaker 2: In congrats, but as Chris Jericho also tweeted out hilariously said, this is a marathon, not a sprint, mocking what w W press release said the first week that this came out. So God, I love Jericho, so yes, I again. Short answer is NXT wins this. Uh this five on five on five Women's elimination match.
Speaker 5: Yep? I agree?
Speaker 4: Now can we can we please move on to the Fiend and very much or I'm sorry and Dan O'Brien, yes, but.
Speaker 2: Before don't worry, we have more triple threats to come. But yes, let me just well, you brought it up. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: I I'm so concerned about this one, and that's why i want to talk about it now, just because it's been I've been thinking about it kind of when I was looking at the lineup earlier, and I'm just dying to know, like your true prediction here, because I'm I'm torn. Part of me, I don't I think they're just going to have the Fiend like demolish. If we're gonna get a squash match, I think it's going to be this one. As much as it hurts my heart to say it, because I love Dane O'Brien, but I think the Fiend is just going to just demolish uh Daniel Brian here just very quick, because that was I think the last time we spoke. What my concern was going forward after his match with Seth Rollins is how do you how does any regular human being in a regular match beat the Fiend?
Speaker 5: You know, if he.
Speaker 4: Can kick out of however many curvestms and just everything that Seth put him through, how how can you just like regularly beat the Fiend? So I just I see him just crushing Daniel Brian here and then Daniel Brien just kind of disappearing for a while, which again hurts me to say, but I'm just curious to see what your your prediction is. So obviously mine is the theme, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts after seeing SmackDown and everything that happened this week.
Speaker 2: So man, I think that what's gonna happen here the theend is before I give my my prediction that I want to set the table. The Fiend is one of the best characters WW has pumped out in the last ten years, and they had a huge, huge setback with Helen a Cell. I'm talking I've never I can't recall a pay per view in which it damaged so much in WWE's product and characters with Seth and Bray. Then did Helen is Cell's finish. I'm still talking about it two months later or whatever it was, however long it's been. It was that bad and it really overexposed the fiend who should not be in a twenty minute match, and the whole kicking out was be it hurt the product itself of professional wrestling, of unbelievability, I mean to the point of like, Okay, we've seen an undertaker do this at times, but not twelve times, right or whatever it was, so the believability factor completely took me out of that as well, like Okay, this is just this is not even believable. And then the finish, which of course we all know of a no contest, and the re for recalling it. The whole thing was just a complete mess and it still lingers to now. The stench of it has not gone away. The rebuilding, they did the right thing a crown jewel, putting the belt on the on wyat, but was it a little bit too little, too late? And I don't know, I think it was the right decision, and they're not overexposing the Fiend and his entrance is still badass, and he still is super intriguing on on screen. When he's on the screen, you want to watch the firefly fun house makes is still entertaining to me?
Speaker 3: Is he as haw as he was?
Speaker 2: No, but he's getting warmer to where he should be. So with all that said, and now you have Daniel Bryan, who was it was a big baby face turned heel killed the S movement, was a you know, glorified, you know what, egotistical vegan and then told people to recycle and we're destroying the world. And then he's an intellectual superior with Eric Rowan and who is now was just rowing and then he has a I don't know, he's carrying around something in a cage too that we don't even know. And then now he's just kind of like in between. We don't know where he's at. He doesn't say a whole lot. So all that with Daniel Brian kind of lukewarm. The fans don't know where he's at. He hasn't brought the Yes movement back. The Fiend is still babyface in the eyes of fans.
Speaker 3: And he just is.
Speaker 2: I would still say that the Fiend wins, and I'll say that the Fiend wins because the Fiend just won the championship and it would be I think unfair to not let this breathe a little bit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: How he wins is going to be the key. Does Daniel Brian end up being squashed?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If it's a squash match, I would hope not. I don't need the Fiend running through people like that to that would damage Daniel Brian and all the all the progress that he's made. I would say that it's a relatively short match. I would say that Daniel Brian gets in some healthy offense. I need to see the Fiend more human. I don't need to see him this unbelievable, you know, just I can take anything and still stand here that that's a little that's too much for me to bear, and it'll hurt his Gray White's character even further. So I need some vulnerability from Wyatt, and I think Daniel Brian will be able to give you some moments where you go, yeah, this this could happen. But ultimately I think the Fiend wins. I think it's decisively not a squash, but decisively, and Daniel Brian goes away for a while but not too long, and when he comes back, I think he'll revive the Yes movement.
Speaker 3: So that's my thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with and I hope you're right. And as you were kind of talking right there, it kind of anything about what you're probably one of your first questions was from me earlier.
Speaker 5: About the seeds being planted here.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think, and of course we both predicted the Fiend winning. I think if anything is it happened between the Fiend and Undertaker for WrestleMania this year, I could see that starting here tomorrow. Again, it's just pure speculation on my part, and it very well could just be like a wishful thinking, but I could see like maybe Undertaker's music hitting and maybe not seeing the Undertaker himself, but just like his music like.
Speaker 5: The Dong or something like that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I again, I see the Fiend taking the win here and if anything is to happen for him for WrestleMania for this year, I could kind of see it maybe starting tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, could the Gong happen? It could?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're like me and you read the wrestling rumors on the big websites. You know that the rumor right now is Roman Reigns being built up to face Pray Wyatt at WrestleMania. So if that's the case, I mean, I don't know how Roman Rains interjects himself into this, but I'm I mean it should be a TLC or royal rumble that these two start to, you know, get closer to each other's paths. So if that is indeed the case where they're going for Roman Reigns versus the Fiend, which I think is a I'm interested in the match. I'm interested as hell in the match, but I could see all this good will and progress towards Roman Reigns not being booed completely being destroyed at WrestleMania because the fans will turn on Roman Reigns in a heartbeat for the Fiend, especially if the championships on the line, because they'll remember, oh yeah, that's right. We don't like Roman when it comes to, you know, characters that we support organically, and you know, I think all of that bad, all those bad vibes will come back to Roman. But again, that's we're talking about a match five months that hasn't even been announced, So could the gong happen? Yeah, I mean it could. There was hints at the one of the Firefly fun houses. We all remember he changed the clock from three sixteen to eleven nineteen, and we all know what that date is for, so happened. Maybe it could happen. Something's going to happen in this match that I think leads us to Bray White's potential next opponent. I think that that's probably what's gonna come out of this. I just don't know how or what. And as I'm looking at the stipulation here, this is not a no holds barred This is a straight up match our rules in this match, So which is what I want to see too. I don't need to see the Fiend in you know, constant hardcore Helena Cell, you know, no holds barred matches, So it'll be interesting to see him that the confines of an actual match. How the Fiend fares. But Daniel Brown ultimately loses this and I think he goes away for a.
Speaker 5: Little while, So yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So back to this lovely triple threat pay per view. We have Team Raw on the men's side, we have Team Raw, Rollins, McIntyre, Owens, Orton and Ricochet versus Teams Backdown, Roland, Reins, mustaf Ali, Stroman Corbin and Shorty G versus Team NX TEA. I'm gonna take a breath and toss this to you. I mean, honestly, Uh, maybe this one's a little bit not You can make a case maybe for NXT not winning this, but I don't know what are your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of see Teams SmackDown taking the victory here. If we're not going to go with the NXC sweep in the night, I can kind of see SmackDown taking it here.
Speaker 5: I just see people like.
Speaker 4: Musaf Ali and Shorty G just kind of needing this victory here more than maybe any of the other brands. Again, but I don't I don't think we know the exact lineup for the NX Team team though correct. We don't think we know any of the guys that I know.
Speaker 2: I was trying to find that too. I don't see.
Speaker 4: Earlier because I think I think that's still to be determined.
Speaker 5: So I think that kind of maybe would sway my my choice here.
Speaker 2: But I think right now, go ahead, No, as I say, I think Adam Adam Cole I believe is uh probably the team captain on that wasn't he?
Speaker 4: No, I think he's gonna be facing Pete Dunn or or whoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's facing Oh my goodness, yeah Pete.
Speaker 5: So yeah are the guys, So I know.
Speaker 4: So that's kind of that's what makes me kind of leary to make a like a firm choice here. But as of right now, I guess I would go SmackDown without knowing who the actual team is for NXT.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, which is.
Speaker 4: Kind of surprising to me, Like they don't have anyone listed because it can't be like five surprises obviously, So I don't I don't know, just kind of interested to see who ends up being on the team.
Speaker 5: Unless I'm completely missing something here.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's gonna ultimately come down to Randy Orton, who is just a mainstay in elimination matches.
Speaker 3: I love the way Randy Orton.
Speaker 2: Randy Orton is just a magician when it comes to these five on five on five elimination and he has a history of being either the sole survivor or next to last survivor. So I think it's maybe could come down to Orton versus Reins, And again I'm looking for the next team members and I just don't see them, but it could come down to probably one of those three and and ultimately Randy Orton. Randy Orton I could see turning on his own team. Randy Orton just has that in him. There's something going on with Randy Orton that is different from what his past character has been. In the last few years, he has been featured a little bit more in terms of this is a this is a legacy star, this is a guy that, yeah, we all know who in what he is. But there's something happening with Randy Orton. I think they planned a seed a few weeks ago about you know, telling Ricochet that don't let me get you, don't let me get in your head. There's something there, I think, and maybe I'm reading more into it, but I think Randy Orton can play a larger role than we think in this match, because when we look at it, we go, oh, Randy Orton, Yeah, he'll give a couple of r KOs and ultimately, you know, get eliminated. But I don't know, maybe he could cost his own team the match, but we'll have to see so that those are my thoughts. I think my prediction, Man, I'm just gonna go I'm gonna go balls to the wall and just go all out here and say t NXT wins and they clean sweep the night. And I think Randy Orton is gonna cost his own team or get the r k O and have t n XT capitalize and get the victory off the r k O. So I think that's how it ends. Interestingly, though I don't know. It's hard in so many damn people with rollins and rains there they're they're clearly I mean, I don't know. Could they also take the fall? Probably not, but I don't know. So that's my prediction. Randy Orton hits an r k O, t n XT capitalizes and wins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right, but I hope because I think nx NXT needs, you know, the wins here more than anyone else. But for me, I wouldn't be surprised for them to kind of give Shorty g and Allie and I could be everythinking that because they probably don't. I'm not gonna say they don't care about them, because obviously they do, but they their focus right now isn't on them.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I could very well see NXC take in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'll be again this there's too much triple threat for me. I can't handle this. And honestly, I'm also thinking about how is this actually gonna work from a logiousics standpoint, as far as five on five on five, if you have three guys in the ring, there's assumingly there'll be three guys in the ring at all times. I would that they can only tag their team, their own team. I would guess that that's the case, right. They can't just tag anybody and have them enter the match. I mean, that wasn't never clarified either, because I've seen matches where that happens, and I I don't know. I would assume they can only tag in people that are on their team, but that was never clear.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like it, like you, Like you said, I could see maybe, like you know, a bad guy, like a heel tagging in, you know, the guy was in the reg you know, like something like that.
Speaker 5: But because they.
Speaker 4: Never they obviously didn't give us like a set of rules or anything here yet, and then maybe they will tomorrow when the paper you actually starts are like an appreciate or something because of right now, I'm not sure I would assume, like you said that you have to tag your own partner or yeah.
Speaker 2: You would think, but you know, it's it's crazy that I should have to think like this. But I've seen matches in which you can tag anybody in and they have to be you know. So again, they bend the rules when they need them. But the other thing is, and I know we're not not at the rumble yet, but when they have guys who are eliminated and they leave the match, come in and eliminate people that are still in the match, like that kind of thing, how does that happen?
Speaker 3: Right? Like, how does that happen?
Speaker 2: You can't It's as if you know, you're you're playing football, and you know, I end up being injured and I'm officially out of the game, and then I come in and I interfere in a in a past to the team that I'm opposing, you got him out of the game, and they call it, oh, well, you know.
Speaker 3: He didn't catch the pass.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, you're out of the game. It's like a fan interfering. They are no longer relevant. So I'll save that ran for another month and a half. But again, that happens every year. So all right, Well down to this match here that you called possibly the match of the night. AJ Styles versus shins Ke, Nakamara versus Roderick Strong. Yeah, this has potential match in the night written all over it.
Speaker 3: Who wins?
Speaker 4: Though, Man, this one was actually pretty hard for me to make a decision on here. I could see AJ winning because I could see him bragging about it. I could see I could see any of them winning and bragging about it, honestly, but I think I think here they're gonna go shit.
Speaker 5: Nakamura.
Speaker 4: I think Shinske oddly enough needs it more than any of them, just to establish his his his role right now in his reign as Intercal Champion, which, by the way, that new title is, in my opinion, is just beautiful. I just think it's it's so so well done. I didn't really think that they needed to replace the title, but it's it. I think it's a beautiful title none the less. But yeah, I think Shinskate pulls it out here, and I do think this is gonna be match of the night maybe besides the women's match. The triple threat. But yeah, I definitely I think this is gonna be match at night. I think Schinsk pulls it out here, and I can see Seemmy just bragging about this for weeks on.
Speaker 2: In very possible, I would say that's my number two choice. The only reason I'm going with Roderick Strong here is because I'm continuing with my theme of the NXT sweep, and I think that Roderick could if he's gonna pin somebody, I think AJ Styles is probably the better candidate, given that shins K seems to be on the upswing, and I don't need Shinsk to lose another match, So Roderick should pin aj Styles in my opinion, and keep Shinsky out of it and continue with the sweep.
Speaker 3: I think AJ Styles can lose right now.
Speaker 2: AJ Styles right now is just kind of part of the o C. They're the only one that comes to Raw's aid inexplicably, and they like AJ Styles is a bit He's a bit teflon. I think that he can take this loss and it wouldn't hurt him a damn bit and we all move on with our lives. So I think Roderick Strong is probably gonna take the victory. And as you said, the new IC title, it's one of those things we didn't know we needed. And when you look at it, like you said, I'm not huge on titles the way they look. Although I hated the Spinner Belt for like eight years. It was like a toy to me. When John Cena did it, it just cem It's cemented further why I just despised his babyface character and as brilliant as he is on the and he's a talented guy, hard work, all that kind of stuff, that was to me a complete devaluation of the championship. But that's again another show. So yeah, it's one of those things I didn't know we needed. And I look at it and I go, I'm on board for that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's all right. Yeah, and it made.
Speaker 2: It feel a little bit more up to date, and it made it feel a little bit more valuable. And yeah, yes, it doesn't always instantly make the championship, you know, more prestigious, but when you give something a new fresh coat of paint, sometimes that can work. Wonders and I'm fine with this. I would think that it's anything right now that it can help. Shinske is something I'm on board for so Roderick Strong beats aj Styles and continues with the sweep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, I hope you're right. I hope it does sweep it the whole night.
Speaker 4: I mean, last year we saw that it doesn't really matter, but I think it's different this year.
Speaker 5: So I think if any brand is going.
Speaker 4: To sweep of obviously it should be NXT, just with all the implications and everything going on around you know, Wednesday night in and of itself. So yeah, I hope you're right, and I hope it is a sweep for NXT.
Speaker 2: I do too, because that's the only good thing that can come out of all of this. Yeah, total nonsensical, unbelievable, awful storytelling of this. Oh it's November. We got to all hate each other because we're on different brands, Like this is the only good thing that can come out of it as a clean sweep for NXT, because I think the benefits of that completely outweigh any other victories that any other team can get because everyone will bounce back. Everybody's going to go back to their own worlds, go back to you know, I'm on SmackDown, I'm on NXT, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: That's the way it should be.
Speaker 2: So it'll all be forgotten and we'll move on to TLC and you get a Cheris match, you get a tables match, I get a ladder match, because it's just the pay per view, So we'll get onto that and this will be forgotten. But I don't think it'll be lost on fans if there's a clean sweet NXT, because they're the ones that need to This would benefit them more than then take away from the losses of Raw and SmackDown teams. I think there's a big net gain here for NXT to win all of their matches and it would not hurt SmackDown or Raw and at all in any of the competitors. Everyone will bounce back just fine. But I think it would hurt NXT to lose these matches more than it would hurt Raw or SmackDown.
Speaker 3: To lose them.
Speaker 5: I agree with you one hundred percent, man. I hope that's the rut that they go.
Speaker 4: Like you said, that's that's the most logical route at this point. But it's truly going to be about which brand is more dominant right now.
Speaker 5: NXT needs to be the dominant brand.
Speaker 4: I mean, because it really doesn't mean anything, and I don't mean to say that in a negative way, like there really is nothing truly at stake. So if it truly is just bagging rights, then I don't see why SmackDown or Raw would need to have bragging power over NXT.
Speaker 5: So I hope they go that direction. For sure.
Speaker 2: Nobody needs bragging rights other than NXT. And people were speculating about Triple H getting in interfering and he's going to compete at SURVIVORSY. I don't wanted Triple Ah to competing and Adam no, and Triple H doesn't want Triple H to compete because it's not about Triple H anymore. He is the brainchild, he is the father of NXT. We all know that it's not It's not something that Triple H should be intimately involved with on that level because that, to me, would take the shine away from the guys and gals that do deserve it, that have brought this brand up to what it is and have worked their ass off to make it what it is. And yes, Triple H has worked behind the scenes and it was his vision, and of course that's important, but from a physical standpoint, it's not about his generation anymore. So I'm glad that that's not something that happened, and I really hope it's not a surprising that happens tomorrow night. So all right, Well, one more match to go, and that is Adam Cole versus Pete Dunn. My thoughts, I think Adam Cole wins. I think he retains, and he should. It's Adam Cole Babay and that's the way it's going to be. And and I think, yes, Pete Dunn is a credible competitor, and I think that they could put on a really good match. But Adam Cole right now is the face of NXT. He's the NXT champion, he has made a splash on SmackDown a number of times, and his and his matches with Seth Browns and specifically Daniel Bryan. I expect good, good things from this match, but I just see zero reason to take the championship off Cole at this point.
Speaker 5: I absolutely agree with you.
Speaker 4: I think Adam Cole has been pretty much the primary focus from the NXC brand throughout the Invasion Angles. I mean, like I said earlier, a few other people have gotten there their shigne as well, and I don't mean it in a negative way at all, but Adam cole.
Speaker 5: Should be the focus. He's your heavyweight champion.
Speaker 4: I think if if Pete Dyne had been more involved and had shown up more within the bill to Summer Slam, and we'd just seen his space more so like your people who don't watch NXC would have an understanding of Pete Dunner at least know his name, because I think a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people.
Speaker 4: Maybe not in Chicago tomorrow night, just because of Chicago being just like wrestling city in and of itself, but.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of your people at home aren't gonna know really who Pete Dunn is. They may have heard of his name.
Speaker 4: If anything, if but I don't, I don't think the majority of them moon And I think it's gonna be a great match.
Speaker 5: But I think Adam cole needs to win here. He needs to keep the title.
Speaker 4: And just really quick, just I can't just think about the schedule that he's been on and all the other the NXT guys themselves and just the crazy, just traveling.
Speaker 5: Schedule WG has had within the past month.
Speaker 4: So for that reason alone, I hope Adam Adam Coleman's because he he deserves.
Speaker 3: Is Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The travel schedule when you look at where they've gone and what they've done, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: From like Sonny thinking about it, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like where it really has made me step back when I look at like, oh my god, there in the UK, but they're back in Boston, then they're in Saudi Arabia and back in like yeah, it's just like, holy crap, guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, Adam is wrestling back to back to back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure that these guys and gals are going to be sore as hell come tomorrow night. And it's just really it's it's not I'm not talking about from a storyline perspective. I'm talking from like a human element here. Yeah, like just from the perspective of like, these are people. I mean, yeah, storylines are all that kind of stuff. We can complain about it and all that whatever, or love them, but the fact of the matter is when you look at their travel schedule and how much they're competing and you know they're busting their ass and you know they're sore, it's stuff that you, as a fan sometimes forget. I mean, but when I looked at their schedule and looked at how much they're competing and how much they're traveling.
Speaker 3: I actually it took them a second. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Like, guys, it's not a ton Like it's not like they're going from Saudi Arabia back to the United States back to the United Kingdom like within like a year.
Speaker 5: It's within a month and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like it's just man, you know, sometimes, like you said, I think we all as fans forget just the work and just the time and the sacrifice of these guys and girls like and people behind the scenes too, just that they put into this and it's just amazing. But man, I couldn't even imagine being being in that type of environment in that schedule. But yeah, that's that's the reason why Hopatam Cole wins.
Speaker 5: It's just because, of course be Done deserves it as well.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong, not discounting him at all, but I just think right now, this would be just the.
Speaker 5: Perfect ending for Adam Cole's build within this past few weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, no question, no question.
Speaker 2: And you know, like you said, with the Traveler, I've you know, I'm complaining about my twelve minute ride to work. Oh I got you know, traffic. You know, I feel like such.
Speaker 5: A you know, you get the red lights and stuff like it's.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hit the red light on the way to work.
Speaker 3: It cost me another minute.
Speaker 2: I Meanwhile, you know, they're on the plane for sixteen hours and then get stuck in Saudi Arabia with god knows what actually happened there, and then come back to the United States, go back to the United Can, go back to Boston to like, and I'm sitting here like, damn this red light and I feel like such a tool, right, like, you know, I mean, so it's all perspective, but you know, sometimes when you look at that kind of stuff, it makes you really appreciate just how tough what they do is. It's not just what happens in the ring. It's ninety eight percent of their time is not in the ring. It's it's you know, working out or making sure they're eating right on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's part of the easy parting ring. Think about it for them, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they spend ninety eight percent of their time doing, is to get that two percent of time in the ring. It's it's just crazy, and people think, oh, it's just all about in the ring. No, there's promos you gotta cut, there's management, there's issues, there's what's going on at home. Have you talked to your wife or husband? What's going on with your kids? You know, you're missing birthdays and anniversaries and all this kind of stuff that you're traveling.
Speaker 3: You're tired.
Speaker 2: You got to compete, you got to work out, you got to get your car, you got to get off the plane, get your baggage, like all this stuff that we all just all we do is just sit or whatever, and you know, pull up Hulu, pull up USA Network, pull up Fox, and we just watch our shows and we just take for granted that, oh, here they are again. But you don't realize all the effort it took to get there. I mean, so, I don't know. So props of those guys in Gallas to being able to put up with a schedule and just the just awful, almost brutal schedule that they have at times, and the physicality and then they're beat up and then you got to deal with injuries.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it really is. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I have a lot more respect for these guys the more I think about it, because as a fan, it's easy, it's easy to get, you know, get involved in the storylines and forget about these human beings that are going through this. So all right, well, Ashley, was there anything else I missed to talk about Survivor series or that you wanted to bring up?
Speaker 5: No, I think I think we covered everything.
Speaker 4: And but by the way, I did look up when TLC is, and it's on December fifteenth, and if I'm not mistaken, three weeks out is December fourteenth, so I think it is the next prediction show.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, oh that is awesome. So we are going to continue.
Speaker 5: We will, we will so crazy.
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know about Rumble. We'll get there when we get there. But usually the rumble, the the the time between the December TLC pay per view and rumbles usually be a little bit longer. Yeah, four sometimes five weeks, so I think we'll break our streak there. But all right, well, that that sounds like a plan with the with TLC right before the holidays.
Speaker 5: So yeah, sounds great.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Ashley, thanks again so much for coming on. I know that it's always a blast. Listeners love you, and I always want to make sure that you get a chance to plug the other podcast that you do that's on Facebook and lots of other platforms.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: As Yeah, Russell rewind We are live Thursdays at eight thirty on Facebook, where you can listen to us on pretty much any podcast after you have access to the pretty much immediately after. So just search for Wrestle ree Ryan on Yeah, and if you want to follow me on Twitter, it's at A S h M, A N n S. Feel free to give me a follow, I'll follow you back and we can talk wrestling or whatever. But yeah, it's always a blast coming in and talking to wrestling with you.
Speaker 5: Man, especially with these prediction episodes.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see what actually happens tomorrow night because at the end of the day, I think it's going to be a great show, and I think each match is.
Speaker 5: It's going to have its moments. So I'm excited to see how it turns out.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the quality of matches is going to be high because the talent level is so good. I just think we're going to be burned out of Triple Threat after this. I'm never sure, triple threat is just gonna it's not even gonna be a phrase that I want to hear again. I mean, I'm talking years. I don't want to hear about a triple threat match again. But so yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to it. But Ashley, look, it's been a blast, and we'll see you on the other side and just before TLC, which I'm very interested to see what the landscape is like at that point, me too.
Speaker 4: Who knows, with how crazy this world has been lately, it could be a complete one ad between now and then, So we'll see awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully the next time we talk, maybe we would have seen CM punk.
Speaker 3: Although I could probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, Ashley, you have a good night and we will talk in a few weeks.
Speaker 5: Sounds great.
Speaker 3: Take care you too. Bye.