Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty Bill Handle. Here.
Speaker 3: It's a Monday morning, February seventeenth. Really bad storms are happening across the eastern United States. The storm we had that caused those torrential floods in the burn areas that were just crazy, well that storm has moved across the country and there I don't know how many dozen people dead. And you've got towns that are at Atlanta, for example, is the snow.
Speaker 2: New Orleans had tons of snow. It's just very, very different.
Speaker 3: Kentucky really hard hit, a thousand rescues in less than twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: And Netanyahu.
Speaker 3: Of Egypt, excuse me, of Israel has pledged to finish the job against Iran with the full backing of the United States. Now, one of the things about this administration I want to share with you is the IRS is being invaded if you talk to IRS people, by the government, not so much the government, but by Doge. Doge is the department of government efficiency.
Speaker 2: If you look up the.
Speaker 3: Doge Palace, you will see Venice in the Renaissance.
Speaker 2: That Venice was ruled by the Doge.
Speaker 3: So if you go to Venice, you can visit the palace, or you can go to the office that Elon Musk is currently using, and that is the Doge Palace. Complete control of everything he touches. And here's what's going on with the IRS. And this is what's unique about the IRS. The IRS has a firewall between itself and the rest of the country. For example, the IRS, even if it knows someone is illegal, does not share information with the rest of the government. If there is a real problem with a taxpayer, it does not share that information.
Speaker 2: And it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Why is that Because they want the taxes and they don't want things like the law getting in the way. Even in states where for example, it's illegal to gamble, right, the IRS still comes.
Speaker 2: In if you gamble and make money. They don't care. We want our money.
Speaker 3: And so what's happening with the Department of Government Efficiency headed by Musk is they're heading into the IRS and grabbing the records of taxpayers. And that changes everything. And it's an examination of the IRS system. And it's the latest move by Musk and his team to push the boundaries of access to government data. There are things that are kept secret even kept secret from the President, although he of course has access to everything. Because of this firewall. They want to keep it. They want plausible deniability. There are reasons why various agencies don't share information with other agencies and the IRS because there is nothing so sacra sant sacra san good for me.
Speaker 2: I make a living doing this. By the way, there is nothing as important as funding the government.
Speaker 3: The government has to be funded, which is really weird because Republicans and Donald Trump and the administration are looking to cut budgets of the IRS, looking to eliminate agents that are examiners and go after people who are tax dodgers. And you go, wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense, because if you're fiscally responsible and you want to cut expenses, you want to reduce the deficit and somehow deal with a national debt.
Speaker 2: Which is impossible. Wouldn't you make sure that the hundreds of billions of.
Speaker 3: Dollars of scofflaws out there who are not paying taxes would be nailed by the IRS.
Speaker 2: And there aren't enough agents to begin with.
Speaker 3: So what he has done, Musk is he sent these very very bright young computer geeks and getting all this information and how young are these computer geeks. Well, look at the major new platforms that have been created over the years, Facebook, TikTok, Microsoft. Every one of those guys were under the age of thirteen.
Speaker 2: You know that, don't you?
Speaker 3: I mean young, young, young. How many billionaires aren't there? They're in their twenties.
Speaker 2: That's who going after the IRS.
Speaker 3: Also, the Treasury Secretary, Scott Besson said last week he wants to update the and antiquated technology of the IRS. There's two things I don't understand. The technology is antiquated to agencies of the government won the IRS. You think that'd be at the top of the heap. And the other one is the air traffic control system that is antiquated and we know what's happening with that. Okay, Now, Coca Cola has to diverse fy we're not drinking as much soda and because we don't drink as much sugar, although I drink Dita coke, but.
Speaker 2: Not nearly as much.
Speaker 3: So what are they doing well, ditching the carbonation, not so much ditching it, but paying less attention to the carbonation. And what do you think they get involved with what beverage? Neil, would you think that Coca Cola would go to if you know they have limited obviously a lot of juices which you're non carbonated. But what direction would you think Coca Cola would go to? What if you were Coca Cola coffee, coffee? I think they do have some coffee, but no, no, Amy is not there, coono. If you had, if you had one share of Coca Cola stock, which you can't afford, where do you think.
Speaker 2: Coca Cola would go?
Speaker 1: Ses bill slurpees?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you go to a seven to eleven and you talked to the guy who was there, who's a cardiologist, and you ask him some questions about heart disease.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 3: Where do you think Coca Cola the story? Then don't say. I will tell you And this is I know she's not sorry because she puts these together. I'll tell you where Coca Cola is going as the new go to milk milk?
Speaker 2: Why? How? Because that's making them money.
Speaker 3: There's a company that was launched in twenty twelve called fair Life and it was a joint venture between Coke and a wholesale dairy producer and it had minimalist packaging.
Speaker 2: It was funny and what it did is started the influx of.
Speaker 3: The niche almond milk, protein milk, pistachio milks, which are very strange. Matter of fact, you go to the milk aisle at the supermarket. The actual milk part of it is probably I don't know, twenty percent of all of the other kinds of milk.
Speaker 2: You know, almond milk and oat milk, and I don't know, just it doesn't stop. I mean, how many milks could you think?
Speaker 3: Of?
Speaker 2: All these fruit milks?
Speaker 3: And the boy did the Coke Cola score on this one. They bought out this company for about a billion dollars, bought it the rest of it, and in twenty twenty two the sales surpassed a billion dollars. They paid one time sales, which is just a miracle. So the acquisition, by the way, was structured so.
Speaker 2: It would be an earnout.
Speaker 3: The more money that Coca Cola made, the more money those folks at the other end of the deal.
Speaker 2: The fair Lane people would make.
Speaker 3: And the total payment of this thing, just to give you an idea of how big this industry is, how big part of the beverage industry, this is the total payment for the acquisition is looking to be about six point two billion dollars. That's not a bad buck, it really isn't. And that's in addition to the billion dollars that they paid. So why is this going on, Well, because the North American market has shown we will invest in health and the producers well for.
Speaker 2: Example, vital Farms, free range.
Speaker 3: Ais and Lindsay's crazy about these free range eggs. That drives me completely nuts. You know, chickens running around and they're playing Monopoly or whatever the hell they do to make their lives wonderful, and they're not in cages. And these things cost buckets of money. Although although yesterday I went to the store and I paid seven ninety nine at Ralph's for free range eggs, where a regular pack of eggs, you know, the regular eggs were I think a buck fifty less. Last week it was twelve dollars for the package.
Speaker 2: It goes up and down.
Speaker 3: So what happens is we have more health conscious consumers in the United States, a bigger focus on protein intake. So you add protein to milk and what do you get? You get milk teen and that is huge growth. Protein shakes are a six billion dollar market. And here is A factoid that I didn't get until I got into this story is grocery items in the middle price range are what we are not buying in the stores. We are buying the lower price down at the bottom of the price heap, and then the real expensive stuff the upper price, which is doing very, very well. You go to TikTok, for example, you'll see posts where people are drinking Core Power before a workout or making a morning ice coffee with healthier ingredients.
Speaker 2: So I mean, this is great, it really is. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: In addition, in twenty twenty two, fair Life and Coke agreed to a twenty million dollar twenty one million dollar settlement in a class action lawsuit because of the allegations of inhumane treatment of its cows. When they advertise that we have well treated cows and they're happy cows.
Speaker 2: And they're running around the range.
Speaker 3: They weren't. They were treated as badly as every other cow that is on the market. So that's where it's going. The bottom line is it's going to be Coca milk and carbonated drinks are way down. And I've talked to a lot of people who don't buy carbonated drinks. I have to sneak by Dia cokes in.
Speaker 2: Let me see if Lindsay's around there.
Speaker 3: I drink as much diet coke as I can when I go out and go to a restaurant by myself.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a really wonderful life.
Speaker 2: Bill, It's a great life.
Speaker 3: And the good news is she doesn't listen to the morning show, and like a lot of people do, is don't listen.
Speaker 1: Huh, All right, does she let you outside?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not only with a leash, only with a leash a tract.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I want to share with you something that's going on that genuinely is scaring me about what's.
Speaker 2: Happening in America.
Speaker 3: Now, this DEI business that the Trump administration is pushing against.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, is that the end of the world.
Speaker 3: No, not really, But I'll tell you what is the end of the world is what's being caught up in this concept of dei and what's being caught up in science.
Speaker 2: Look where science has gone.
Speaker 3: It has gone from those of us who appreciate science. Look at scientists and we put them on pedestals. And look at what's happened medical science, modern run of the mill medical science is now all fraud.
Speaker 2: The what's really.
Speaker 3: Medical science is not what we see every day from people who have mds or PhDs. It's people on the internet that share with us what's really going on.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: How about people like Robert Kennedy Junior who says vaccines cause autism, vaccine cause COVID or COVID was developed in a Chinese lab. However, Ashkenazi, Jews and Chinese people are exempted because somehow that was genetically created. By the way, he is now a Head of Health and Human Services AJHS.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Usually you would have some scientists, a medical practitioner, not a chance.
Speaker 2: Look who we have.
Speaker 3: Modern medical science has disappeared, and the problem is the administration has jumped into this and says we the government are spending too much money giving well, subsidizing medical research, subsidizing trials, clinical trials. Now, for decades in the US, scientists and government officials have been sort of working hand in hand, where the government gave money to scientific groups, to universities and didn't want anything back, just said here's a pile of money. You do the research, and you had technical you had integrity, technical know how. It's complicated stuff. So under that science because the governmental money was used, flourished, and we had technological innovation and economic growth. Now a bunch of research has been done on this, and I think the medical acceptance of this concept. Every dollar invested in research has returned at least five dollar on average over the long term.
Speaker 2: Well we pay you due is basically gone.
Speaker 3: And now science and government are enemies modern medical science and government are enemies to the point where under this DEI program, anything that has anything to do that you can point a finger at, Okay, that's DEI is a real problem.
Speaker 2: We don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: For example, US eight right giving money to countries around the world. Well, you know what else they do. They do testing clinical trials, and they use people around the world for clinical trials.
Speaker 2: Gone money is gone.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm going to give you one word about federal spending that would not be spent today because this is fake science for the most part that we have today, and we have a philosophy of government saying we don't want to support anything that might possibly be connected with DEI governmental spending for money, it's our tax dollars at work helping pharmaceutical companies.
Speaker 2: One word, two words, polio.
Speaker 3: Vaccine funded almost entirely by the US government.
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 3: How many people, how many kids have been saved with a polio vaccine? Can you imagine the government saying not interested, we don't care AIDS vaccines, even COVID under Donald Trump. Donald Trump put a couple of billion dollars into COVID research. He went balls to the wall on this. You got to give him insane credit for saying this is important enough that we're going to spend this is during his first term.
Speaker 2: We're going to spend that money.
Speaker 3: Of course, after Biden took over and the vaccine started going throughout the country, then he pulled back and said the whole thing is a fraud, it's waste, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But he created it.
Speaker 3: So last week the NIH National Institute of Health announced it's going to slash its grants. Now that was stopped by a federal judge, But we'll see what happens. Will the court give the Trump administration the power to do this? And that becomes a legal question. It doesn't become a question of health. It becomes does a president have the right to stop money from going into these programs by executive order?
Speaker 2: Now, It's happened before. Remember George W. Bush he stopped.
Speaker 3: Scientific research into stem cell research, and man, that pissed me off big time.
Speaker 2: Even Nancy Reagan.
Speaker 3: Lambasted George W. For stopping the research, not spending governmental dollars on that.
Speaker 1: Was that for moral reasons or something? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the abortion issue.
Speaker 3: The abortion issue because embryos, and they have to kill embryos effectively, they do research on embryos. Embryos are living, wonderful creatures that talk to you, that ride bicycles, that are real human beings. And if you kill them, you look what you've done morally. Now, I well, I look, you know how guilty I am about killing pre embryos. Do you know how many billions and at least hundreds of millions the potential human beings I have killed, sometimes three times a day.
Speaker 1: Speaking for the rest of humanity, it's probably best that you don't reproduce anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just me, my kids, right, even my kids will tell you, you know, we shouldn't be around.
Speaker 2: This wasn't such a good idea, all right.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people trying to tell the story on their life in a bit bumper sticker on their car keep dor City clean pigeon.
Speaker 2: That's actually funny. Good, you know that's actually funny. Cono, that's very strong.
Speaker 3: I must tell you that is the best bumper of the morning.
Speaker 2: Talking about bumpers.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's what this segment is about bumper stickers.
Speaker 2: And they really haven't been around that long.
Speaker 3: I mean the first political bumper stickers actually came out in the run for president with Dwight Eisenhower. I like ike was the phrase and that came out in a bumper sticker. And well, there is a gal, but I am Jeanne Vacaro. Am I allowed to say there's a gal?
Speaker 2: Or is that considered sexist?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: There is a person of the female persuasion who is considered a scholar and a curator from Kansas.
Speaker 2: What is she? A scholar of bumper stickers? Who would have thought.
Speaker 3: That You've got someone who's an expert in bumper stickers And what she does is collect them from artists, musicians, bookstores.
Speaker 2: And she says, it's like a.
Speaker 3: Tattoo your mom tells you not to and it'll ruin my car.
Speaker 2: Unquote, because bumper stickers stick.
Speaker 3: And that's why I hate bumper stickers, and there are a couple of iconic bumper stickers that you can't get around. You know what the number one bumper sticker is. Here's a fun one. Okay, the number one bumper sticker that exists in the United States, all right, survey says Neil, number one, keep on trucking.
Speaker 2: No Amy, number one bumper sticker.
Speaker 1: Uh, world peace.
Speaker 3: No, that is when you go to the Miss Universe contest and you stand up with your IQ of par golf and you say, I want world peace.
Speaker 2: Okay, Codo, I don't mind. I'm going to you these days.
Speaker 1: But uh, because I'm awesome and it's honors. My kid's an honors kid.
Speaker 2: No, but it's but it's it can be a little close. It's honk. If you like honk, if you.
Speaker 3: And put in a any political phrase, honk, Yeah, honk. If you love Elvis and then politically honk. If you love Gaza, honk, if you uh you know, want honk. If you're in favor of women's rights, honk. If you believe in America.
Speaker 1: Mind says honk. If you love horns, that's very strong.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you the number one of the honks, and it is honk if you love Jesus.
Speaker 2: So I am not particularly religious, as you know.
Speaker 3: So here's what really pisses me off for some god awful reason.
Speaker 2: Oh god awful love Jesus.
Speaker 3: People who have honk if you love Jesus on their back bumper drive twelve miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Through the streets.
Speaker 3: So here I am honking my horn, you know, putting my hand right on it, and it goes for thirty seconds, and they waved me and put thumbs up. And this is why I believe in gun control, because if I had a shotgun, they would be meeting Jesus this afternoon.
Speaker 2: So according to this.
Speaker 3: Lady, this female woman who is the curator, and it's a Southern California is sort of the mecca of bumper stickers. Why because Southern California is the mecca of cars. And so she lives in Echo Park, this woman, and then she talks about, now bumper stickers are getting spiritual. They go through different phases. And right now you'll see my other car is a spirit Halloween m Or there's one that's out there that says, let me merge, my dad is dead.
Speaker 2: That's not bad. And here's one that sort of came out very early. Keep honking.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in my car crying to the cranberries.
Speaker 2: The song linger. I don't understand what that's about.
Speaker 3: And what happened is back then we're talking about during the Eisenhower run. After that, bumper stickers became a popular fixture, and another person who manufactures was interviewed for an article. Manufactures these bumper stickers for the last eighty years. They've actually been around, and it's a company called Gill would churn out millions of these politicians, tourist traps, hippies, transmission of peace, love to a veteran's pride for organization. My father is a veteran, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And it's all here.
Speaker 3: And you know why they do it here because number one, we all have cars. Number Two, bumper stickers are cheap. They're five ten dollars.
Speaker 2: And you can make your statement made.
Speaker 3: Billboards are a little pricier, ads on buses are a little pricey, but bumper stickers are terrific. Now, would I ever put a bumper sticker on a car? Not a chance, have you ever? I don't even know how you take a bumper sticker off a car. Don't they meld with the metal.
Speaker 1: You've never taken a sticker off anything before?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean off of glass, but off of a bumper. Yeah, I understand, but off a bumper. Isn't there a chemical bond that happens with a bumper sticker the glue and the metal, and you can never be never be taken off? All right, we're done. Who has a bumper sticker? Amy, I love Disneyland?
Speaker 1: Uh, glad for you?
Speaker 2: Oh stop it?
Speaker 3: Neil bumper sticker, Nope, nope? And Cono bumper.
Speaker 2: Sticker, not a chance. Yeah, I don't have them either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never understood people that have bumper stickers. Oh you know what, I here's one that I think is going to sell, Get a life.
Speaker 2: And if it's a longer one is get a life. You lose us.
Speaker 3: Or honk if you think you're smart. Okay, we're done, so much for that. We start again all over tomorrow. Wake up call five am with Amy and Neil and I jump aboard from six to right about now at nine o'clock, and then Cono and A and of course add to the show enormously.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, I'll try to figure out how that's it. Gary and Shannon are up next, and you have a.
Speaker 3: Here's a blessed here is a bumper sticker. Have a blessed day. I have never said that in my entire career.
Speaker 2: Behind this mic, have a blessed day.
Speaker 3: Kf I am six. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app