Speaker 1: Welcome to Schedule Release Night, twenty twenty six. This is FFPC Insider Access. My name is Eric Balkman at Eric Balkman on the X. Of course, you know me from the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, the HSFF Hour spinoff show Extra Reps, The Road of His High Stake Slowdown, and the Fantasy Football Players Championship. Hi, Hello and welcome. So glad to be joining you on such an important night for Fantasy football drafters. I'm gonna bring in my guest co host in a little bit, but before I do that, I want to remind everybody that we have a pair of best ball tournaments going on right now. The FFPC Bestball Tournament features a four hundred thousand dollars grand prize that's one hundred thousand more than we had for first place last year. Super Flex Bestball Tournament. You can win a hunter k at that and it's something going to cost you thirty five bucks to get in. Don't forget about the Big Gorilla, which is back again this year. One of our main contests, a million dollar grand prize six million plus prize pool three hundred and fifty bucks to enter. The seven Bananas Promo is live keep randomly getting that seven pick multiple times in a row, and we're gonna keep throwing escalating, bigger and bigger free teams at you. The Early Rampage Tournament is about half full right now, so if you are playing in the Big Gorilla, you're gonna be having your team entered into two tournaments for the price of one entry fee. You can't go wrong with that Early Rampage Tournament once again. A twenty five thousand dollars grand prize. If you always wanted to play a national tournament but never have done it before, the Baby Gorilla is a good way to start off. It's the same exact rules as the Big Gorilla. You can still win one hundred thousand dollars grand prize at just one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter. We have Dynasty and Empire Dynasty startups at one hundred dollars going all the way up to five thousand. If you want to play Fantasy Football year round, we also have the FFPC Main Event Early Bird our flag Ship Contest. You can cash in on this promo. You got seventeen more days to go on it. You're gonna get two hundred dollars off your first team, you'll be entered into the Pros Versus Joe's competition, where you can compete against forty two industry pros for seven Countum seven free twenty twenty seven FFPC Main Event teams. That drawing will take place in early June, and you are entered in it if you sign up for the main event by the end of this month, and then, of course, chop League is also available at my FFPC dot com. Just don't be the lowest score any single week and you will win the league. Chop Leagues now available at my FFPC dot com. That's my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live on this channel, which we will be again tomorrow night at ten pm Eastern. More on that later on in the show. All right, let's bring in our co host tonight. She is no stranger to this program. She's been on it multiple times before. She is the Waiver Queen doing the fabulous Waiver column that she does every a week during the season for legendary upside. You can catch her with the ship Chasing Crew as well. She's in the scott Fish Bowl once again, and of course the Fantasy and Frames Women's Best Ball Tournament this year. Again. You connect with her on the ex at Steph Miller at fifty seven, please welcome a board the super shorty herself, Stephanie Miller. Good evening, Good evening.
Speaker 2: How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 1: Doing excellent? I like, I don't know about you, Steph. Like I think the schedule release holds some cachet for obviously a lot of best ball people out there, so we can see who we're stacking in week seventeen. But for me, it's more of like an NFL fan event, like I get excited to see who my packers are playing when they're playing. Obviously Fantasy enters into it as well. You're a Cowboys fan, right, I mean, are you excited to see Cowboys are going to be this year?
Speaker 2: I am pretty excited. I mean I think that they did good, you know, fixing their defense, We got pickens. Seems like everything's like following, you know, all in line now, So I'm not sure what we're gonna do if Davonte Williams gets hurt, but you know, well we'll get there. We'll get there, but I'm definitely excited to see who we.
Speaker 1: Play the all my Dynasty shares of Jadeen Blue would would skyrock, although I I you know, honestly, if Williams were to get hurt, I mean, you're you're more plugged into that team than I am. Probably be sort of a committee approach, wouldn't it be if Williams were to go down.
Speaker 2: I mean, they really haven't like committed to anybody as the RB two necessarily, So yeah, I would. I mean, yeah, I definitely am not sure it would be Blue because I mean, and he's definitely not a bell cow so I don't see how he would take over, you know, all the work. So definitely would see some other guys in there. I would hope they would bring somebody else in probably, but who knows.
Speaker 1: We uh, we will get into more cowboys stuff throughout the show tonight. I didn't want to get that out of the way at the start. For sure, coming up on the program, it's gonna be kind of weird how we're going to do the show tonight. Now, first segment where Steph and I are gonna go around the NFL. There's some player stuff that we have to sort of suss out. I want to get Steph's opinion on certain players and whether they're targets, fades, or kind of in the middle for her this year. And then in the second segment, we'll be watching the schedule release, or at least I'll be watching the schedule release along with everybody else here, and we'll talk about some of the games that are standing out to us. There's one that I think we'll talk about the lead off the segment I think I got released yesterday, a pretty important Week seventeen game that I know best ballers are definitely excited about. And then the final segment, we will go over Steph's Women of Fantasy Football Best Ball Tournament team that she drafted. Stacey Prez, our mutual friend, puts this together every year FFPC hosts it, and I want to get your thoughts and just a few of the picks that you made, and that'll be the show tonight, and that'll carry you into hopefully an early start for your weekend. Unlike Steph and I, who are probably going to be working like dogs tomorrow, so it doesn't doesn't really matter for Uslet's get into it stuff. Devon ah Chan extended by the Miami Dolphins. It is four years, sixty eight million. I do believe in it was a Moniker that Bryce Hall had for just a couple of days, or maybe it was vice versa, but now I believe it's a Chan who is the third highest paid running back in the NFL. And what I think is interesting about this, Steph, is there are a couple of schools of thought on this, given that he is going as far as ADP goes in the FFPC, Big Gorilla right now over the last seven day shout out Fantasy Mojo, Darren ARMANI. If you're playing in the FFPC, get a subscription in Fantasy Mojo. It's going to help you out quite a bit, both preseason and during the season. Devon e Chan's ADP two toh one right now, Steph, that's running back seven. So if you are of the opinion that this guy is an elite pass catcher, that his talent is going to supersede the lack of offensive weaponry in Miami, then you're probably willing to pay that turn one two turn price for a Chan right now. However, if you are believing that Jesus Christ himself could not put up a top fifteen running back season on this Miami offense. You're probably taking James Cook or Genty or Lamb or Jefferson there instead instead of a Chan. How do you fall in on this? Because we saw e Chan do it last year. But as hard as it is to believe, this Dolphins offense probably gonna be significantly worse than it was in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think obviously this has got to be pretty positive for how they view him. I mean, they're gonna use him as a weapon, and I think a lot of it is like he's had a ton of production and as you said, like last year he was the top receiver in terms of yards per care, yards per carry in yards after contact. A lot of people are not giving him some time the credit he deserves. He's created a lot of yards after that contact and created his own yards and things. So yeah, I do agree that obviously there is some implosion risk with the Dolphins, but I still want to target him. I mean he's likely to be pretty much they're one of their top receivers. I mean, in his three years he had about one hundred and seventy two receptions, five hundred and forty four carries. I mean, he's a stut. I mean they did pay him for a reason. They gave him a lot of guaranteed money as well. This is a big contract, huge contract for a running back. So I am definitely in on him this year. Also, I like sometimes when they have that mobile quarterback, it might open up some things. You know, they're not going to be able, They're going to have to account for that as well, and not just hopefully be able to stack the box. But we'll see, We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: You bring up the mobile quarterback aspect, and historically I've kind of shied away from that, where like because I think sometimes mobile quarter rather than dump it off, we'll just take off and run, right. But Chan, I think is a little bit different because, I mean, they are so young at wide receiver on this team, they are so inexperienced, and you just rattled off how many one hundred and seventy plus catches he's had over the last couple of years. I almost think that the dump off thing is not really something we should concern the stars about at all. We should be looking at. They have to feature this guy both in the running and the passing game, because he's gonna make their offense go. If if ah Chan isn't crushing it on offense, Dolphins aren't putting up points. And I think a defense can only key on one guy so much before it does open up stuff for you know, stuff like you know Caleb Joseph and and Malik Washington and and you know dulsicch and all these other guys they have on the team. And then quite frankly, they could add I've been saying this for the last couple of months. They could add Deebo Samuel, they could add Stefan Diggs, they could add you know, Keenan Allen or something, and all of a sudden, this offense isn't looking all that bad. But yeah, I think that's the way to look at it. Is the pass catching for a Chan might even go up this year then from what it was last year, and that's maybe he's worth the price at the one two turn. I did pass on him recently in favor of Amar and Hampton, and you have me rethinking that decision of stuff. I might want to have that draft pick back. Moving on to Molik Neighbors here. We talked about this on the heigh Stakes Fantasy Football Hour last night, But I want to get your thoughts on this. Dan Dugan, who covers the Giants for the Athletics, said that Neighbors had a cleanup procedure done on his knee a few weeks ago, and it was to remove some scar tissue that was causing stiffness in the knee. Now, according to Dugan, this does not affect his timeline back to the field at all. They're still hopeful that he's ready for Week one, although I think the Giants, if you asked him to be completely honest with us, they would probably tell you that they don't feel great about a specific date that he's going to be back. Yet they're still kind of figuring it out as well. This was week four when he tore his ACL last year, did not have surgery on it until about a month or so later. Now, he has been tumbling in drafts in the in the Big Gorilla Molik, Neighbors is now barely in the top ten for wide receivers. He's wide receiver nine right now, and he's becoming a pick at the two three turn after you know, being like sort of at that early second round pick. Maybe a month or so ago, so FFPC players are gradually wearing down on neighbors. How concerned are you, Steph knowing about this procedure now and knowing that the giants, you know again, I feel like are kind of a little bit in the dark of when they think he's gonna be out there. Obviously, everybody's hopeful that they're ready for week one, but you never know your level of concern and how you're handling neighbors in drafts right now, what you would tell people to do well.
Speaker 2: I mean, so I do have a little bit of knowledge on injuries. So first of all, it was not a clean ACL tear. It was ACL. There was some meniscus, and I believe it was LCL or I have to look up. I believe one of the other limits as well was involved. So yet, like you said, they didn't operate right away. There was a little bit of time, which is not unusual. So with the meniscus, it's like the time they're taking to come back into the rehab. A lot of times they are a little bit more conservative with like what they're doing in some of their processes.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: It seemed like he didn't have a lot of the range of motion they would want him to have, so the scartest can impede that. It can also impede some of the circulation, blood flow, healing, So adding that second surgery made sense. I don't think it will affect him, say in Dynasty like over in the outcome, but I would expect that it is, regardless of what they're saying, going to push the timeline back a little bit. I also think that if he plays what he is not going to be anywhere near one hundred percent, and you were not going to want to be drafting him where he goes Week one, I would think, honestly, I think it's could have been more likely than not that he is going to start on pup with the second procedure, would be my inkland. Uh, and he's probably not going to be close to one hundred percent until towards the end of the season. Yeah, and that's spulate now that now, I mean, how much are you still going to get? How much is his you know, seventy five eighty percent something like that. I mean, there's a lot of aspects that go into some of these guys when they're returning like to place like there's a lot of metal things of them trusting their knee, you know, especially when we're talking about these receivers that are running these routes, that are cutting, that are doing stuff. So I don't know, I feel a lot more comfortable probably in my dynasty outlook than necessarily be draft this year. If you can get him, you know, now, if you can build around it and make a team that, like invest Ball, that you think is strong enough that in those money weeks, you know, if you can get through to that Week sixty seventeen, then sure, you know, I mean, I definitely think it's worth the risk somewhat, but you definitely have to be very intentional with your builds, and I would try to get as much discount as possible.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned something that I think we should all understand, and I wholeheartedly believe this. Regardless of when he comes back, if it's week one, if it's week five, if it's week seven, I don't think he's going to be one hundred percent. You mentioned at the end of the season. Maybe I think that's when he'll be closest to one hundred percent, But I still don't think we're going to see capital letters Malik neighbors until twenty twenty seven. So understanding that, let's do a little would you rather right now? And this probably won't matter a whole lot stuff because you can easily get any of these guys instead of neighbors. Tell me, would you rather have Molik neighbor? This is redraft, not dynasty elike. Neighbors are George Pickens Pickenslik neighbor or Chris o'lave uh.
Speaker 2: That's getting tough. I think I think I might have to say.
Speaker 1: A lave I. By the way, I agree with you on both of these so far, Malik neighbors or Nico Collins, Nico Malik neighbors or a j Brown.
Speaker 2: Assuming he has traded to the patriots of.
Speaker 1: Taking a j Uh And then the next one Malik neighbors or Tete Roha McMillan.
Speaker 2: Can be tet.
Speaker 1: That's it's close.
Speaker 2: For that's a little tougher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but God, and this is what I'm talking about, because you won't even have to make this decision because neighbors is going at the two three turn. Now we're at the three four turn, so these guys are all going around later. Milik neighbors are DeVonta Smith.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. I mean, let's see if AJ gets traded.
Speaker 1: Let's assume he's trade. Let's assume he straded.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I have been drafting neighbors ahead, but you know, with this news and you know, really diving in and thinking about it, I think I might want to vanta.
Speaker 1: Molik neighbors or Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 2: I think that's where I'm gonna do neighbors, That's right. I don't know, yeah, I mean I have me and I still have a little troumble with the Jets, and they added so many weapons, so it's like, I'm not quite sure overall how much they're going to be able to just concentrate the volume there.
Speaker 1: The Fantasy Football Garage chiming in on YouTube right now saying, it's going to take a while for this neighbor's news to be reflected in ADP, which which is correct. The neighbors stuff came out. I feel like it was a couple of days. This would have been no yesterday afternoon, so it's barely been twenty four hours. And Fantasy Football Garage agrees with you a lot on these would you rathers that you have been doing? I think we're falling in on the same line of thinking too, neighbors versus these guys. I drafted neighbors once so far this year, and I think I'm good until the price falls stuff. I don't think I need to be stretching and reaching for to get him on my rosters this year. Scott White, I always bring this up. I know it's fantasy baseball. Scott White, who covers fantasy baseball for CBS Sports, always says, and he's speaking in a baseball sense, but I think it applies in football. You know your players are going to get hurt over the season, Maybe don't draft the guys that are already hurt coming into the year to make it more of a quagmire for you to start off your season, which I think is wise. Pittsburgh, Okay, a couple of things to talk about here, will focus on Aaron Rodgers first. Now, there were reports last week's stuff that Rogers is going to be in Pittsburgh. He was going to meet with the brass. He's going to be talking about the future and sort of like the mutual expectations for each other. And Brooke Pryor, who covers these Steelers for ESPN dot Com, said that the meeting did not appear to come to fruition. She was at the facilities, she didn't see Rogers. She talked to other Steelers beat writers that were at the facilities. They said they didn't see Rogers either, and apparently the meeting maybe even never took place. May eighteenth is the next day. Prior said that we should be watching for when the Steelers begin OTAs Rogers did not join the Steelers until June fifth last year, so maybe you know this is going to be delayed another few weeks. I don't know. But for those of us who cannot wait that long that are drafting right now, Steph, how do we handle players like DK Metcalf, Pat Fryarmouth, Michael Pittman Junior, Jeremy Bernard, Jalen Warren Rico doubtll, I mean, like any of these Steelers guys. How do we handle them? Knowing that if it's not Rogers, it might be Will Howard, it might be Drew Allar. You know, like, I think this is as uninspiring as the Steelers offense historically has been these last couple of years. I feel like there is a sick, significant difference between Rogers, who's at the tail end of his career and then these younger guys who are very much unproven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's I've been drafting thus Bar under the assumption that Rogers was going to eventually end up there. I still want to believe that he's just going through whatever theatrics he's doing to maybe, you know, make sure that he is the center of attention when it happens and keep the drama rolling. And this is just part of his saga. But I mean to say that I'm not slightly concerned would be a lie. So I mean, I think in these type of situations, the best thing is to take the cheaper options, you know, play it cheaper, and then when we know the information, then you can maybe mix in some of those other guys. But I definitely am not going to want to pay at this moment the premium price tag. So I mean, I do like the running backs both quite a bit. You know, I do think they can have a decent role figure. If they're trailing, they might they might have to throw to them a little bit. You know, we saw what we go did with McCarthy you know, in Dallas here, and then you know Warren also, so again, you know, I don't take the cheaper option. Maybe it's Bernard. Do you want to play it through Pittman? I think, is you know, gonna be like the possession guy. Obviously they can rack up some numbers. Metcalf might be the one I'm a little more worried about. If you know, Rogers, he may not have that upside. So yeah, well was that to see? It definitely puts a little damper on the Steelers for me though. If he doesn't play, I mean a lot more questions. I mean, I'm sure we're gonna talk about in a minute. You know, Alara is pretty raw. So if he you know, ended up, I don't know, uh, if he is NFL ready or not. You know, this wasn't the best quarterback class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's putting it mildly. Yeah, what's your opinion? I'm going I'll give you the ADPs here. Metcalf is an early eighth round pick at wide receiver thirty six. This is big gorilla ADP I'm doing for Reffin. Pittman is a late ninth round pick at wide receiver forty four. In your opinion, do you think that that is reflective of a move up in ADP? If Rogers does sign with the with the Steelers or do you think people are drafting those two players in the eighth and ninth round right now as if Rogers is coming back. I guess the question here, Steph, is how much of them? How much movement will there be in Metcalf and Pittman's ADP when we do get some sort of resolution on Rogers.
Speaker 2: I think, no matter how much we think people are already drafting with a certain assumption, they always double count things. I don't know why, but we see it constantly. So when we get the news, there probably will be some movement. I'm not sure how much. I don't know how excited people still are for those Steelers guys. And I mean, you figure, if they're moving up, someone else has to move down. So I mean, maybe, like, I don't think it's a ton you know. I think that maybe like Pittman could move closer to where DK's going, and then DK kind of move to the top of his tier. But I don't think we're going to see like an astronomical jump or anything, because I just don't you know, DK's not going to be like he's not a possession guy. Really, He's still gonna be more that explosive. So I think Pittman might get closer to DK would be the thing. If we get Rogers to me, that would happen and then But yeah, I just don't think that they're gonna like significantly right. So that's another reason I don't think like I'm dying to draft them right now. I'm okay for like waiting this one out a little bit on the information. I don't think they're the guys that are necessarily going to bury you. I think they're okay picks where they go. But I'm not like sitting there like, oh, I think that they're gonna be the guy you Absolutely, I would be very surprised.
Speaker 1: You know. And I'll bring this up to Metcalf had his second worst season for catches with only fifty nine. Last year. He had his worst career, our worst year receiving yardage wise with only eight hundred and fifty and his second worst touchdown year with only six touchdowns. You mentioned it, Pittman, or you to mention it. Well, I think you intimated it. But Joe King is saying right now on YouTube, feels like Pittman's game is more suited for Rogers than DK Metcalf's, of which I totally agree. You know, Metcalf's sort of like you know, all over the place when he runs his routes, when he makes his plays, and quite frankly, his size and athleticism allows him to do that. But for somebody who is not blessed with the athleticism of that metcalf is, that's Michael Pittman. And Rogers loves what we've learned about him over the course of his career. He loves knowing what receiver is going to be where and when, Like he knows that. That's why him and Devonte Adams were so good together because they knew exactly where the ball was going to be at any given time. They knew where, Rogers knew where Adams would be on the field at any given time. And I think Pittman is more of a tactician when it comes to that. So for me, I'll say this right now, I think I would rather have Michael Pittman as wide receiver forty four at the end of the ninth round than pay up for DK Metcalf in the early eighth which, by the way, and you mentioned this, what if Rogers doesn't come back you know, now you've soaked an early eighth round pick into a guy who might be catching passes from a rookie quarterback who is already coming off arguably his worst season as a pro, including his rookie year. And I think that's something that we need to understand and utilize caution when you are drafting DK Metcalf, Steph Miller, and I warned you May fourteenth, twenty twenty six. Never forget. Let's move on and talk about Drew Aller. This is interesting. So the aforementioned Brooke Pryor said, Mike McCarthy is uninstalling everything Drew Aller learned while he was playing quarterback at Penn State. Prior wrote this quote, they are re uploading their own methods and fundamental and mechanics. And uh that that McCarthy and the quarterbacks coach for the Steelers were very intentional with Aller in rookie mini camp. They're focusing on his footwork. They're focusing on basic throwing mechanics too, which is not something you probably should have to teach an NFL player, But here we are. Now I'm gonna say this too. McCarthy was hired as the head coach in Green Bay one because because he had good experience working with quarterbacks with the Saints and the Niners, and he was and he was hired to sort of like rain Brent farv In. And then at the same time, you know, Aaron Rodgers grew up to be the quarterback that he was a good portion of that was Mike McCarthy's tutelage, right, So now McCarthy gets a chance to teach Drew Aller the fundamental like and footwork is so important with quarterbacks, right, So that's what they're working on right now. And Aler, if we remember back like thirteen months ago, people were talking about him being the first overall pick of the draft. He decides to come back for Penn State. The Nittany Lions have an also awful season. Aler gets hurt, but you know, you look at the the the physical tools that he has and now he's gonna get proper coaching. I don't know how you feel about this in Dynasty Superflex League stuff, but if I and I know how bad the quarterback class is this year, but I think there might be something there with Aler. Now, probably not given his draft capital, but if there's one other guy that's gonna hit at quarterback in this draft besides Fernando Mendoza. Why not Aler? I don't think I think you mentioned this earlier. I don't think he's NFL ready to start Week one. At the end of the season, he might be be able to make some pretty decent starts for Pittsburgh if that's the way that they choose. Your thoughts on Drew Aller the NFL quarterback.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, like you said, you know, he was hurt, so you know the twenty twenty five was kind of a wash. But in twenty twenty four, I mean he was pretty elite. I mean he had I think it was thirty three one hundred and twenty seven pass yards at about thirty touchdowns. So here's the thing his If you, I am not a quarterback scout, I don't try to pretend to be, but me either. If you watch any of it, I mean, I will admit, his footwork is atrocious. His mechanics are atrocious. Uh it's pretty it sticks out like a sore thumb. So I am very glad to hear that they are addressing some of these fundamentals. I do think that a lot of his stuff might be coachable, so I think that they might be able to fix some of his issues. I do think he is a big body guy. I think he is athletic, and there could be some upside there. I mean, he's got the arm strength, so he's got a lot of those things you can't teach. You know, you can't just make someone more athletic. You can't make someone you know, throw well or throw far. So if they can polish him, there is a world that maybe, like you say, he could, if given the opportunity, and shape him. Yeah, there's a chance in the role's there for the taking. I mean, even if it's not this year in Dynasty, like you say, like Rogers is probably playing one more year at most, so maybe then Rogers could even mentor and help shape as well. And you know, Rogers is a pretty great quarterback, regardless of you know, what we think of him personally and other things. So you know, even at this stage, he could be somebody that could definitely shape a quarterback into the future. So who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, al are two hundred and thirty pounds six foot five really a cannon of an arm. So the tools are there, it's just all about harnessing them. And certainly Dynasty Superflex owners should be taking note of that quarter about another quarterback, young quarterback that I want to talk about here, and this will allude into how I'm gonna ask you how you're handling Falcons and Best Ball drafts. Michael Pennix Junior is participating in the offseason program for the Falcons. He tore his ACL in Week eleven last year. And you know, when when you talk with Stefanski or the GM or any of these guys, they don't really have that. They're not pinning a timetable on him. They're not saying like, well, we hope he's you know, we plan on him doing this at this point or whatever. He is participating officially in phase two of the Falcons off season program. That is Mark Rimondi quoting a Falcons spokesperson for ESPN dot com. So he can participate in individual and group instruction and drills. But now No. Eleven on eleven's No. Seven on sevens twenty six years old, Steph. He has torn his ACL three times now over the course of his college and pro career. And they bring into a tongue of bai loa in Atlanta. The issue with the quarterback situation is if you want to get cheap bestball stacks, it's tough because you don't know exactly who the quarterback is gonna be for the money weeks. Is it gonna be Penix? Is it gonna be a tongue of Ila? Is it gonna matter? Throw out best ball stuff for a second. Let's just talk manage leagues. What do we do with Drake London? What do you do with Kyle Kyle Pitts, Zach Ryan Branch, I'm trying to think who the other guys that they have all of me. The's a chaias is down there as well. Johan Dotson, like, what do we do with these guys in drafts, especially London and Pits since they're the most expensive, not knowing who the quarterback is gonna be, and not knowing at what point of the season, you know, like they can flip flop back and forth, or injuries might happen. Pennix is coming off with significant injury. So your thoughts on how we handle London and Pits as well as just drafting Falcon stacks in bestball tournaments to try to make sure that we're not screwing up and we're giving ourselves a chance to win some big money.
Speaker 2: As far as the skill guys go, I mean, I'm still drafting them because we've seen they performed pretty well when you know under Pennix, you know, he he, they had some nice sweeks. I mean, we saw, you know what Pitts in London did, and I mean to as much problems as he has, like he's supported fantasy players before as well. So I think that no matter which one of them plays, there is a lot of really good skilled players there and it's a good offense, like they have a lot of talent there. So I'm still drafting those guys. It's not so much like this big question of somebody coming in that we've never seen play and don't know if they can support any kind of fantasy relevant players. Now, I will say I'd be a little bit more cautious drafting one of the quarterbacks at this time without that information because I don't know what I mean, I don't see again them rising to some astronomical level that's going to make them a draftable, So you know, even if you're taking them, you don't have I would prefer not to rely on that stat As the quarterback I mean, I think it's fine if you still take two of them on the same team and team correlation, like especially in things like Bestball, there's still you know, I expect the Falcons are still going to put up some offensive points, so I don't have a problem doing that guessing right now. I think that if Penix is healthy, they might give him a shot, but I don't know, like you say, he's had so many injuries. But again, acl for a quarterback is a totally different situation than other positions, you know, like running back and stuff, so wells have to see. I think they probably went Penix and two is going to be more like the in case of emergency type thing, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: We'll say. I think the best advice, and I am kind of with you on this is I'm not shying away from London, I'm not shying away from Pits, but those two quarterbacks, I'm not really looking to like get these weird backstacks you know in Best Ball drafts. If it happens, great, But I mean, at the same time, I think that you can spend those you know, your number two and your number three quarterbacks. I think you can get better players than that. Maybe you have to pay up a little bit more for him, but you don't want to take zeros, right, And there's a very real possibility that if you're drafting one of these guys at this point, from what we know, they could very well turn into a zero. The other thing to keep in mind here about this is the Falcons passing game is pretty concentrated. I mean, it's three guys. It's Robinson, it's London, and it's Pitts. Yeah, you know, Branch and some of those other guys I mentioned they're there, but I can't imagine them commanding targets or earning targets. You know, Branch would probably have some because I think he's kind of a gadget guy and you got to scheme him up a little bit. But I think when when you're talking about having this sort of nebulous situation with the Falcons quarterbacks, it does make it easier to draft London and Pitts knowing that even if it's not a great situation, the extra volume should help out and give you a little bit more of a comfort when when you're drafting those players. Another quarterback situation stuff, and we'll go to Arizona, other side of the country from Atlanta. Josh Weinfuss, who covers the Colts Cardinals Beg Your Pardon for ESPN, has reported that Jacoby Brissette was told by the Cardinals that he is their starter there. He is looking for a new contract. He is not doing, you know, the team workouts that they have going on right now for Arizona. He is gonna earn less than five million this year. And I always say, I'm gonna look this up stuff, and I always forget. I believe that is less than what Gardner Minshew is making for the Cardinals. Who is the backup there, so they probably should be paying him. I've been asking this ever since, you know, a all my guests, ever since the NFL Draft. It's fun to think about what Jacoby Brissett could do over the course of a full season with McBride and Harrison and Wilson, you know. But at the same time, it was special last year, it was historical. With it was historic, i should say, with how much they got down early and how much they had in the past. Like there is a regression coming, and the regression could also be coming at the quarterback position itself. Because the Cardinals invested a third round pick in the Carson Beck. You could be looking at McBride, Harrison, Wilson or whatever in September and October and thinking, Wow, what great picks I made here. These guys are doing great. But if the Cardinals fall out of the race and Beck starts making starts in November and December when it really matters, I don't know if we're gonna like those Cardinals picks as much as we did back in June, July, and August. Right, I want to get your thoughts on that. Would you be shying away from Cardinals because of this Carson Beck ppop this year?
Speaker 2: I have Cardinals are a team that I have been shying away from. I don't fully fade him, but they're definitely some like where I said, I'm drafting the Falcons and not it's worried. I'm much more concerned because even if Prissette, like you said, I think that I don't know if it was sustainable. I mean, there was a game script and he wasn't that guy in the past. I really think that it might have just been a flash and you know, kind of the perfect storm, you know situation. So McBride where he goes like that can kill your team, like those are if you're wrong about that, or even if he's just okay and then other people are better. I mean that that's just like it's over. That lineup is just pretty much dead. It's like those aren't mistakes you can really recover from. I mean, do I still want to believe in Mark, but it's scary. We haven't seen it. This are still not flashing now, you know, Michael Wilson. Maybe I do think Wilson might be better than what we thought originally, but I mean he's really expensive. If you look at the guys he's going around, like these are legitimate top receivers on their teams, and yeah, I just I mean, obviously I will say I'm still like going to be drafted like some like love and things. But yeah, some of the other especially the past catchers, I'm definitely lower on. I'm definitely a little concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, how can you. I don't went back you, No, no, no. The thing with Beck is like it's so weird because if Arizona is bad again this year, I mean, Beck could be a backup again next year if they get one of these you know, top like a top five quarterback in the class, and there's a a ton of quarterbacks. How can you not be nervous about Marvin Harrison after what we've seen the first two years? How can you not be nervous quite frankly about Michael Wilson who blew up last year. But it was at the very end of the season, and it correlated with this wild, you know, gun slinging approach that the Cardinals had to take because their defense was so bad. This is his fourth year in the league. We don't often see like fourth year breakouts, especially ones that come at the end of the season. And oh, by the way, he barely eclipsed a thousand yards, so I think there could be a regression coming there. And then you mentioned the elephant in the room. Trey McBride is the guy that's most expensive. And to your point, if that, if he doesn't pay off first round draft capital, man, are you behind the eight ball already? So, man, I've been saying this. I'm out on McBride in the first round this year, probably out on him in the second round. I'll let somebody else take him. I'm getting the hev gbis from this Cardinals offense right now, and I'm with you. I'm not targeting them. Although I did just draft Jeremiah Love. I'm fine with that just because you know, they took him with a third overall pick. He's a blue ship talent. They're gonna want to use him. He is a talented pass catcher, should fit into what the Cardinals are doing this year. And you know, quite frankly, even if Carson Beck is making starts at the end of the season, probably be pretty easy for him to dump off to Love and just let him, you know, do his work. Okay, we go to Tampa. Pro Football Talk had this story. Zach Robinson, who's the new offensive coordinator staff for the Buccaneers this year, said that, and meccaguk is going to quote take huge, huge strides down the stretch. Last year, he did the opposite of whatever huge strides were. He shot out unbelievably out of the gates last year. There's a lot of people that thought they they had just had hit upon this great receiver in their rookie drafts. And then you know, once Mike Evans came back, Baker Mayfield was dealing with some injuries as well, which certainly probably hampered at Buka's production a little bit. It's somewhere in the middle. Right, He's not the receiver he was to start off the season. He's certainly not the receiver that he was at the end of the season. Now he gets Zach Robinson in there. And what's interesting about Robinson's stuff. He was the OC for Atlanta. What did Atlanta do? They had a lot of targets going to Drake London. And I think if we look at Tampa this year, McMillan, Hirst, Godwin, ag Buca. To me, if they have a number one receiver, it's at Buca. And he should be able to not only take strides from just the natural sophomore progression you get from NFL players, but he should be able to take strides because I think he's going to see the football a lot more this year.
Speaker 2: So I mean, there's a lot of interesting things to like unpack here. So the thing is like with Buka, now they're talking about he could play. He wanted to play the z ral, which to me is an amazing signal because that is what he should be playing. They started moving him to a lot of different roles last year. So we also on top of you know, there was the separation issues. Baker also threw a lot of balls that were not catchable the high un catchable target rate. He had an injury as well, uh a book a little bit, so he you know, there was a lot of things. He had a little bit of a hammy. And then now we got the other thing that kind of coupled with that is with them saying that they could use him in the zeviral where he could go maybe in and out a slot. They're going to move him around formation, They're going to use him where he really was great in college. And now they also on top of that, have drafted what they're calling a true X in Ted Hurst. He immediately tweeted following that up and that is really would be his perfect role. So it seems like they have the right idea for how to utilize these guys at their talent levels. Now, I will say Buka's pretty expensive in drafts, and before this news I was a little wary on him. I wouldn't say I was necessarily fading him, but there was a lot of guys I was willing to take over him because there was still a lot of mouths defeat. It felt like a little bit there in Tampa Bay and not knowing exactly how it's going to work out, but hearing this is making me want to be a little more bullish again. I want to believe I did like Abuka a lot coming out.
Speaker 1: So absolutely I did too, for sure. And ag Buka right now is wide receiver eighteen that glood I mentioned when we were talking about neighbors before. McMillan, Smith, Wilson Higgins are right ahead of Igbuka, roughly about a half round or so ahead of him, and then he is going about uh three or four picks ahead of Za Flowers, Lad mcconkeye, and then DJ Moore and Luther Bird. So that's kind of where wide receiver eighteen seems very fair there. I know some people say, well, he's not going to pay that off. I think you will, and I think you know, investing a mid fourth round pick, which is what it's going to cost you there, especially if you already loaded up and got a couple of running backs on your team at Buka as your number two there makes a lot of sense. Speaking of number two players, let's go to the number two tight end in Las Vegas. Sam Warren, who covers the Las Vegas Raiders. For the Athletic wrote that he thinks Michael Michael Mayer is going to be more of a pass catching threat now that they have Clint Kubiak as their head coach. The Raiders don't have anybody on their roster who has ever hit seven hundred plus receiving yards in any NFL season. John spy Tech, who is the new GM who? Stephan I brag about this all the time. I played in a state high school football playoff game against John spy Tech. His team beat US forty eight to three. But him and Clint Kubiak have both said that they want to play bigger people out there, you know, which would probably mean more dual tight end sets. Right, Brock Bauers is obviously going to behead of him. Black Bowers is going to eat this year. Bowers is going to have an amazing season. But I have to wonder, given the lack of receiving options on this team, are we sleeping on Michael mayor a little bit, especially in tight end premium formats like the FFPC. Steph, right now, if you want to get Michael Mayer in your team, he's tight end forty two in the nineteenth round. I mean, I'd be hitting that like especially as my number three tight end at that point. I think he can function maybe even as a number two tight end, especially if you have you know, one of these elite guys like Loveland or Bauers or what have you. Especially maybe if you have Bowers, where Mayor can just step in. He's not that far removed for being a second round pick in the NFL. I want to get your thoughts on Mayor. Is the nineteenth round just right or is that too low for him?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think get tight end premium. It makes a lot of sense to take that risk. You know, I had not really been thinking about him as much, but you know, with this news and like you say, he was a second round pick. He was a decent pass catcher. You know, he's a pretty good blocker too. They did not do anything in the draft, which surprised me. I really thought that they would draft one of you know, Mendoza's teammates to go along with him there or maybe give him some weapons. So I would think that, yeah, seeing those two tight end sets makes a lot of sense. We know they're gonna be probably running the ball a lot too, so you know, out there for blocking all that all that good stuff. So I mean at that price, especially in these tight end premium formats that f FPC is. I definitely think that, like you say, it makes sense to mix in to some of these builds. I don't think you have to take him more than that. So I mean, I'm not going to go ahead and reach on him, but I mean it drives up pretty good. So I mean he definitely is somebody. I mean, if we're taking you know, Pittsburgh's second tight end, and we're taking all these other guys, it's like why not.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just look at it. But so if I I'll bring up the ADP right now of the other tight ends going, I mean, you're talking about Mike Gesicki, Michael Drigg, Eli Rarenan Kolbe, Parkinson, Mason Taylor, Evan Ingram. I mean all these guys are like eighteenth, you know the other rookies, Oscar Dell and jo Lee, Terrence Ferguson, you know all these other rams tight ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna say. I always say Joe Del's and there a long time FFPC player. He always says there's no such thing as a bad pick. After the tenth round, and he's probably right. So if you want, if you want to fight for any of these guys, then go ahead. And I'm not speaking to you stuff. I'm talking about all the viewers or whatever. But if you want to take a shot on any of these guys, I'm not gonna call you out on that. That's fine. I'm just saying, like Mayor should probably be a little bit higher than where he's going. I screwed up the rundown. I meant to do back to back Tampa stuff. So let's go back to Tampa and talk about the backfield here, Steph. The quote we got from Zach Robinson was that Kenneth Gainwell and Bucky Irvingham have similar skill sets, the quote, can they can kind of match each other in certain ways with what they can do in the past game. And then he talked about Gamewell's you know, professionalism and veteran leadership, you know, et cetera, et cetera. Uh and and this is a guy who, by the way, last year, three running backs caught more passing than Kenneth Gainwell, McCaffrey Gibbs, and John Robinson. That's it. And then game Well was fourth on that list. Irving was actually a pretty good pass catcher too for Tampa. And and you know, you hate to see a team add a player that excels in something you thought your existing guy already excelled in, and that's pass catching, because now he's probably gonna cannibalize Irving a little bit. We have talked about how Irving is not yet cleared from shoulder injury. We've talked about how there's maybe some other stuff going on with Bucky Irving too that that would make him not the wisest fantasy investment right now. But I will say that when it comes down to it, here are the ADPs on both of those players right now, Kenneth Gainwell and Bucky Irving Irving, and it's getting closer stuff. Irving running back nineteen at the four h six, Kenneth Gainwell running back thirty five at the eight oh seven. So about four rounds separate these two players in a vacuum. Would you rather have invested invested the mid fourth round pick into Irving or would you rather wait and take the mid eighth round pick and get gain Well on your squad.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, game was looking pretty nice I'm not gonna lie. Before he was signed, Like when he was the free agent, I was. I was drafting a lot of him because, like you say, he was he was really good last year. Like I was, you know, I laughed, picked him up on waivers. You know, had to you know, talk a lot of my fellow teammates into not dropping him right away. You know, Thank goodness they did hold on to him and see it through because you know, he exceeded a lot of expectations and like you say, he kind of does things a lot of coaches like like he's a hard worker. You know, he doesn't miss his assignment. See, you know, just kind of can do all the dirty, down and dirty stuff. And I mean, yeah, like you I was kind of like ooh when they drafted him, Like I was like, okay, that is a little concerning for Bucky. Like that one made me, you know, most of the guys, I was like, oh, who cares, you know, it's not a big deal. Just be a complimentary type le I was like, well, I don't know game. Well, I had some skills and now we're hearing yeah, with all the complications and we saw what hadn't kind of at the end of the season and seems like there might be again. I was talking about some mental things going on, you know sometimes with these guys get in their head. I don't know, you need a lot for a guy to pay off a fourth round price tech. I mean, you're asking for a lot and if it is like a one A, one B situation there and of course we still got Sean Tucker possibly you know, taking some rushing work as well back there, who knows. I'm rather again just go with the cheaper guy that we already know is talented and is getting talked up. And that's a beautiful spot to be able to take some of these guys if you, you know, to build onto like a zero ish RB type squad things, you know, it gives you, I think, a really nice bloard with that pass catching Irving mentionedside.
Speaker 1: Irving mentioned last year's Steph about how the mental hurdles he had to overcome when he's trying to overcome this injury, which is not easy to do. And now here he is again in May, still not cleared for contact from this injury that clearly has taken a toll on them both mentally and physically. Stein your gallos already chimed in retirement's going to eliminate the competition. I mean, I'm not saying that that we're going to see a Bucky Irving retirement, but at this point whatever, I mean, I don't know what's going through anybody's head, any of these players heads. Everybody deals with it with it differently. And you know, retire aside you mentioned it mid fourth round is a significant pick for your for your fantasy team, and you don't want a whiff on it. And there there is some whiff possibility with Irving here with Gainwell, you know, regardless of what happens to Irving this year, he's gonna have a role on this team. Uh, He's gonna have a role that that is going to maybe not give you the biggest spike week potential, but certainly give you a high floor each and every week with Gainwell, with maybe some spike week potential on that. I think I said that last night too. I'm repeating myself, which means we need to move on. David and Djoku no longer unemployed, Steph. He signs a deal with the Los Angeles Chargers. It's one year. I don't I think it's worth up to eight million, So there's some funny money on that. I don't think there's much guaranteed. Perhaps the biggest story in this Njoku signing is what it does for one of Rende Gadsden, a player that you know, quite frankly, it's been one one battle after another for him this offseason, dealing with you know, the rise of Trey Harris. They draft Brennan Thompson and the offensive linemen are coming back, which is probably good, right because that means Gadsden staying in block. He can be out there running routes. But you still and Quentin Johnston, I know Mike McDaniel was talking him up as well. And Djoku I don't think as a player I want to be in business with for fantasy purposes. The biggest story here is his impact on Gadsden. Does this effectively Newt Gadsden for you? Is this a player that you are are out on this year or do you still hold out hope that we're going to see something from Ronde Gadsden.
Speaker 2: The second I wasn't drafting a ton of Gaston just because his price was kind of expensive. In a lot of times it was just structurally not really always working for me. But let me tell you, I'm excited to see the dep now if there is one, because I will take the discount because I don't think, I mean, this is not a lot of money for a tight end at all. And I mean the Joku had a lot of injuries, and I do think he was a talented guy. But it seems like if he was able to have show something, wouldn't someone else have offered him a better deal, Like like, there's a lot there's a few places that need tight end, and if they're not willing to beat out this type of price for his services, that makes me think he might be closer to you know, to washed and it might be just a whole big kind of nothing burger, honestly. And I think if I get a discount on a rookie, you know, in an exciting, you know, offensive environment, I'm excited for the Charger. Like you say, you know they're going to be getting a lot of players back. I think, you know, this is going to be an exciting offense. It's going to be a fast offense. I mean literally and figuratively, you know. So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and buy the dip on that.
Speaker 1: Danston is still tight end nine right now, so he is Oops, I got to sort this out again. So right now he is tight end nine in the FFPC Big Gorilla over the last week, Steph, I'm looking at him. Shoot, I screwed it up. I'm looking at Gadsden being drafted around. If I can finally pull this up. So he is going behind Pitt's Craft and Laporta. He is going ahead of George Kittle, Isaiah Likely, and Travis Kelcey. It's a mid seventh round on average. However, since this in Djoku signing, I think we've seen him fall a little bit. In fact, he's fallen all the way to the mid ninth in one FF see Big Gorilla draft, so we could see more of a discount coming. And I think that's what we need to look at, you know, is has it bottomed out yet? Are we getting are we getting rock bottom priced on Gadsta because and then at that point where you don't even have to draft him as a starting tight end, then I think that there's something there. Chargers are gonna be fun to watch, you know. That offensive line is healed. They they they are loaded for bear. And we look at a player like in Djoku, where this signing doesn't necessarily affect in Djoku all that much. But this is another weapon for Herbert. This is another guy who can block, who can catch, who's a former pro bowler at the position he comes in, and maybe Herbert is the guy that we should be talking about here. Mike McDaniel said he wants to refine the footwork of Justin Herbert, work on his timing, work on his anticipation, which I don't know how much you can coach that. I always thought anticipation. Throwing with an anticipation is sort of like an either you got it or you don't. But maybe you can coach that. I don't know. So he was talking to Chris rim who covers the Chargers for ESPN, about the strengths and weaknesses of Justin Herbert, and it seems like he's making it his personal mission to get everything he can out of Herbert, and the Chargers are obliging by giving Herbert everything he needs. From an offensive standpoint, your all pro tackles are back. You're gonna have a mari and Hampton god willing for a full season. You know you have Trey Harris. There's a lot of people projecting a big season from Trey Harris, people smarter than me, and then obviously Johnston McCaffrey. The list goes on. You know, we mentioned the tight ends too. Herbert maybe is the guy that we should be excited about here, Steph. We look at the FFPC big gorilla info on him. We can see he is going at quarterback nine at the ten oh one. Certainly the ceiling is higher than that. It seems like a fair price for Herbert. But I don't know, man, I wouldn't be a verse about taking him over Jackson Dart. I would consider him over Caleb Williams. I think you can even make a case for him over Jalen Hurts, although I don't know if I go that far. I certainly understand the argument your thoughts on the step that Herbert is going to take forward this year under the tutelage of Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. I do think he is a little underpriced, and I mean I've been saying it and then I haven't, unfortunately been following my own advice to the level I should be. Especially I do like your point about Dart. I think, especially now with the news on neighbors. It's hard to see that because his price was already a little bit hope hope him for me, like and now I would definitely think that, Yeah, Herbert, I mean it's nice that you don't have to always do that because he is so cheap. That's but I definitely think he somebody you should be prioritizing to take. I just think that offense is going to be explosive and put up a lot of points. Hopefully they're going to get him also with the footwork, you know, they're going to get him rushing a little bit, doing a lot of things. So like he's a big boy, he could take some hits, like and now he'll have those protection too. You know. He's tough. Yeah, he's very tough. So I'm excited to see I think he you know, we were excited about him at one time and then you know, one down season, you know, people forget, and I think we might see him finish, Like he could easily finish as a top five quarterback.
Speaker 1: The other thing that's nice about Herbert and bestball leagues too. You can get David and Joku, you can get Quinton Johnston, you can get Trey Harris, all going after her. So you add one of those guys onto your best ball team, and all of a sudden, that's looking not too shabby having Herbert dining. Or maybe you already had mcconkee, maybe already had Gadsden, and by the way, Gadsden, but you know, he's another player that could dip below Herbert to an ADPs might be able to stack those guys as well. Exciting times to be drafting Los Angeles Chargers. Exciting times for the Tennessee Titans. They didn't get their man, Jeremiah Love at four, but they did get their wide receiver in Carnell Tate. There he agrees to a four year, fifty one million dollar contract thirty three million in total, fully guaranteed. He's expected to be the number one receiver this year. Last year at Ohio State forty four catches, just under eight hundred yards and eight touchdowns three point five two yards per run, which you like to see. I have drafted him probably in more spots than I expected so far this season. Stuff. I do think Wandale Robinson probably limits his ceiling a little bit. I hope that he is more of a true number one rather than a guy that you know, is sort of like, you know, just not being a sacrificial X or anything like that. But I hope that Carnel Tate ends the season as the de facto number one rather than Wandale Robinson, you know, getting one hundred catches for sixty yards again where it's it's really impacting of Tate's performance. Your thoughts on Carnel Tate. I love to know what you think about him as a prospect and what you think about him now that we know he's going to be in Tennessee this year. Right now the adp on him. He is going as a fringe top thirty wide receiver and you can get him with a mid sixth round pick in the FFPC. Big Gorilla.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think a lot of it is just what you think of, you know, their offense in general. Like I do like tit a lot. Like I was excited to about Tate coming out. It was kind of between him and Tyson for me. You know, when we're talking about who the most talented guy was, Tate had. You know, he could separate really easy. I feel like he could fit into a lot of offensive schemes. The biggest thing is what do we think of camboard. How is that going to be, like, is he going to take a step ford. I'm hoping that getting him some of these offensive weapons, you know, we will see more. I do think they were hopefully was something there so, you know, scheming everything. I think they do have talent. I think we could see I think that, you know, the Titans could be a little bit sneaky again with you. I do hope that they don't just dump it off constantly, you know, and it's a PPR scamming you know, to Wandale constantly. But I do think that Tate offers a lot of that same stuff and a lot more upside too, because I mean we've seen him be able to track the ball, get deep and do things as well. So I don't think Wandale has that as much in his skill set. So hopefully, you know, Tate's got that upside and can keep him at bay. And they have also a couple of good still running backs you know that didn't take love, So I think the offense could hum together and it's pretty cheap for the possibility. Yeah, it's one that could be kind of sneaky fun.
Speaker 1: I think the the other thing too, and you think about how cam Ward ended last season where he was throwing two touchdowns like every single game, and that's a and that's without Carnell Tate. And I feel like this offense has an opportunity to grow together now that they have Tate, now that they have Robinson, you're still bringing Iam Manner and DK back. You have gunner Helm taking stuff forward. The biggest thing you really lost was China Kokwo and you have gunner Helm there too. And I think a capable running back Tony Poler to help out cam Ward as well. Last thing I want to bring up here in this segment before we start talking about the schedule release, Breese Hall inked a three year, forty five million dollar contract extension through twenty twenty eight with the New York Jets. I think this is more like a two year deal, or maybe I'm thinking an eight chance deal, but I think there's very little, if no guaranteed money in the last year of Breess Hall's contract. He's going to be a New York Jets Steph. The offense is much improved from where it was last year, where it was absolutely abysmal, and abysmo might even be an understatement for how bad it was, But you look at this this team this year, Gino Smith, I know Frank Reich's very excited about him. I remained skeptical, but he's probably an improvement over what they had in twenty twenty five. You think about what this team could be like in twenty twenty seven with a quote unquote real quarterback, a real young quarterback at least behind the helm. What do you imagine for Breess Hall for fantasy going forward? He ended last season as the running back fifteen in FFPC scoring. He's going off the board right now as running back fifteen at the three oh four. What are your shares like on haw? Is this a player that you're trying to get on your rosters this year?
Speaker 2: I do like Bristol. I mean I think the Jets again, they've done a lot to improve their offense, so they might be better than what we think. Like you said, it was the Yeah, the first two years he was given twenty nine mill guaranteed, I believe. So, yeah, it is kind of front loaded there, but I mean they hadn't chance to trade him at the trade deadline even last year they didn't do it, so they want him to be their guy. They don't have much behind him. They got Braylen Allen, who's coming off an injury and didn't do much his rookie year at all, and then they got Isaiah Davis, so it's like, obviously they want him again to be the focal point. We know that Brice has that explosion, We know that he is a good pass catcher. They have now improved some of their weapons. You know, they got Garrett Wilson, they drafted Omar Cooper, they got Kendricksdeck. Who knows what they're gonna do with Mason Taylor, but you know, they've got a lot of stuff there. So I think that that should open up some lanes for him. You know, like they definitely won't be able to just focus on Breese and I don't know about Gino. We'll see. I was a you know, a little disappointed with most of my brock Bower shares last year and things like that, but I think that dumping it off to Brees should not be that difficult. So hopefully, you know, we can see a good season and I am taking him. I've been a presolid believer for a long time, so I'm willing to go back to go back there because I think that he does have that type of upside that I mean, we've seen it, like he can take he can he can do it like it with the opportunity. I think, you know, he's somebody that can definitely uh hurt you if you're fading him in. He is the guy could be the guy you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well a lot to like about him, you know, not recovering from a torn acl has some decent weapons on the perimeter that you know, defenses won't just be able to load up the box hopefully. Yeah, I think running back fifteen seems about right. I should probably be in business with him a little bit more than I am. That early third round pick seems pretty enticing for me. Just to give the viewers a little bit of context on that. If we look at the other running backs going around him, he is right behind Derrick Henry and Josh Jacobs, and then you have to wait until the end of the it's kind of a tier break, and then at the end of the third round you get your Kyron Williams, your Jamonte Williams or Travis hn those guys there. So Hall Yeah, I mean he's kind of the last guy on that tier going forward, and I think a player that you draft him, you'll probably be happy that you drafted him. Let's take a break, Steph, we'll catch our breath. They are releasing the schedule in drips in in dribbles on the NFL Network and ESPN right now, so we will talk about that. The first thing I want to talk about for sure is this big week seventeen AFC North matchup that we know about that's going to be affecting bestball tournaments everywhere, including the FFPC Bestball Tournament. She is Steph Miller from legendary Upside and Ship Chasing. Connect with her on the X at Steph Miller fifty seven. We'll be back right after this. I'm Eric Balk. When you're watching FFPC Insider Access the Main Event ra rason A Main Events PC two thousand dollars, n Free Team bramd Prize a million dollars. I'm lucky about one top prize Main event season is enforcing f n PC Main Event Early Birds still open right now until the end of the month. Saved two hundred dollars off your first team and be entered into the illustrious FFPC pros versus Joe's Joe's drawing where if you are selected, you'll get the draft against your favorite industry pros forty two of them to be exact for seven count of seven three twenty twenty seven FFPC Main Event teams. Obviously, that's not the only million dollar grand prize we have going on with the Main Event. We have the Big Gorilla as well, Seven Bananas Promo and the Early Rampage Tournament going on there as well. Seven actually bigger pardon twenty five thousand dollars grand prize with Early Rampage million dollar grand prize with the Big Gorilla, get in while you can. The Baby Gorilla now available this year one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. If it's still too early for managed teams for you, I get it. We got two best Ball tournaments for you as well. Last year we had a Best Ball Tournament with a three hundred k grand prize. This year we up to the four hundred thousand dollars and of course the FFPC super Flex Bestball Tournament. You could win six figures with just a thirty five dollars entry there. Check that out my FFPC dot com Dynasty and Empire startups going on there as well. My FFPC dot com chop leagues as well. If you want to play that format where you just don't want to be the lowest scoring team on any given week where your roster gets chopped, check it out my f f PC dot com, m y f FPC dot com. FFPC Insider Access rolls on here in our number two for May fourteenth, twenty twenty six, being joined by Steph Miller this week from Legendary Upside and ship Chasing. Check her out on x at Steph Miller fifty seven. We're getting some interesting stuff rolling out with the NFL schedule as we watch it with you. The first game I think we should talk about here, Steph gonna be his best best Ballers want to know who do I got to play, or who are the players or who are the teams. They're going to be crushing it in Week seventeen. And one of the things that I think stands out this was leaked out earlier yesterday that the Ravens will be going to Cincinnati on Thursday Night Football in Week seventeen. I know Cincinnati improved their defense this year, but this still should be a high scoring game, especially if we have a healthy Joe Burrow versus a healthy Lamar Jackson. You think about this step with Jay Flowers, with Derrick Henry, Chase Brown, Jamar, Chase T. Higgins. There's so many guys that you'll want in this week seventeen matchup, and stackable options too, Jackson and Flowers, Jackson and Mark Andrews, Joe Burrow and I you know, probably not well. I mean you probably could do Burrow and Chase or Higgins and Burrow as well. But this Week seventeen matchup Ravens Bengals good a factor in the FFPC and really any Bestball Tournament Championship, the big money will be doled out to probably somebody who has him skinned the game in this particular game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so excited to see this as a matchup because those are two offenses that I am pretty heavily invested in. In general. I can't stop every year. I don't know why, I just I go back to the wall with Lamar. I've been drafting a lot of Lamar, a lot of Flowers. I mean they drafted some rookies as well that are going like super late. You can always tack on to your stacks. We saw what Derrick Henry did, you know with the four touchdown game last year, So you know, even if you know he gets hurt, who knows, there's some you know, cheap options of whatever you want to do. At backup, they did draft running back plate as well. Then Justice Hill's still sitting around. I mean, I don't know. Then we got Mark Andrews, who they finally paid and gave money to. I mean, these are just so much fun. And then obviously we got on the Bengals side, and I mean, even if Burrow goes down, what so we get Joe Flacco? I mean, come on, I'm I'm okay with that. You know, give the bar? Can you get the ball to Dumar Chase? Yes, okay? And then we got to Higgins. They didn't really do much upgrade. Maybe they're wide receiver three, but you know, Chase Brown should be a smash Again, they didn't upgrade their running back too tight end would be interesting. I wish that they had gotten a little bit more stuff there. But yeah, these offenses are just so much fun and I would be excited to be investing in this game for sure.
Speaker 1: The other Week seventeen games here we'll do. We'll get this one out of the way, because I don't think it's that enticing. It's an AFC Championship game rematch where we have the Broncos visiting New England, so the game not in Denver this time. But to me, that's two pretty talented defenses. I don't know how excited you would be for Broncos Patriots week seventeen. It probably probably kills some of my interests in best ball in you know, guys like Jalen Waddle, guys like Trevion Henderson there, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Would that would that one's yeah, that's a damper.
Speaker 1: It is a damper.
Speaker 2: It is because I do like like in general, I do like Waddle and then that like by himself, and I do like the Patriots. You know, still, Jerry Bon's always a tough, tough one, you know. I want to believe in the upside, so I do take some I was out earlier and then somehow talked to myself slightly back in. We'll see.
Speaker 1: This one, I think is a little bit more fun. Chiefs at Chargers and wee where we could have Mahomes and Herbert going at it and we just always we already talked about the stacking possibilities with the Chargers. A lot of stacking possibilities for Patrick Mahomes too, when when you look at is this this might be his lowest adp like of his career. I mean, obviously this rookie year where he didn't play it was it was super low then. But Patrick Mahomes' quarterback twelve in the eleventh round pretty easily. Could you get him and Rice him and Worthy him and Kelsey, I mean, any of the So I think that's interesting that Chiefs Chargers game, and that one will be in Los Angeles as well. Some Best Ball bro is gonna be paying attention to that one.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, I mean, and on that note, you know, Kelsey's been super cheap this year as well. I think he's one of the best picks you can have. I have an obscene him out of Kelsey this year on Bestball teams. I just think, I mean, he still was paid off like more than the price. I mean, I get that he's old, but come on, I'll know what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like people were kind of down on him last year, but if you if you take the name Travis Kelcey off his stat line you're looking at and you're like, yeah, that's actually not that's that's pretty fancy, you know. The this next one, I don't know how to feel about this. I think this is gonna be probably a pretty high scoring game. The Rams visit Tampa Bay in Week seventeen as well, so you have Stafford, Adams, Nakoula, Williams and Quorum and you know the tight ends obviously taking on those pass catchers we talked about with Tampa, and then obviously we'll see what they have in the backfield then. But that Rams Tampa won might be interesting. Maybe definitely not as interesting as Baltimore and Cincinnati because the quarterback cachet is a little bit lower, But Rams and Bucks should be fun too. In Week seventeen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean those are offenses that are always i mean, the Bucks to usually push other people to pass more too than they have passed. I mean, I know that it's not always going to carry over every season, but yeah, those feel pretty fun. I mean, that's those are teams they can put up those points. Yeah, and I'd assume the weather's probably pretty decent too. Yeah, probably a warm weather place. So that's something else to consider I'm not expecting like a snow game there.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not. They We got a SOL game there. We got other problems to be worried about. Yeah, Washington and Jacksonville is kind of whatever. New Orleans and Atlanta in week seventeen, so you have this Tyler Shook supposedly high powered team with Etchian there now and Jordan Tyson who you mentioned earlier, were talking about Carnell Tate, I like Juwan Johnson against those Atlanta Falcons who were breaking down, and this is one of those games where you'd love, you know, tell me who the starting quarterback is for Atlanta in week seventeen and I'll know who I want to target on that team. You're not gonna know. But that Saints Falcons game, that could be another fun, high scoring one. We've been talking mostly AFC teams. That could be a fun NFC one in week seventeen stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed. I mean, I think Kellen Moore is going to throw a ton on I'm they you know, now have somebody finally to go along with the lava, and yeah, I think it's going to be a really fine game as well. And they're always in a battle, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the there's Colts at Browns. But what about this one your Dallas Cowboys in week seventeen, Steph hosting the Fighting Jackson Darts out of New York. The Giants come to Big d in week seventeen to again, and we talked about this with neighbors. We said, maybe at the end of the season, he'll be at the peak of his powers, or at least as close to the peak of his powers as he can be this first year coming off the ACL And now the Giants come down to take on the Cowboys in week seventeen. We could be looking at you know, thirty something to thirty something in that game.
Speaker 2: It could be a fun game. I will say the Giants, I'm curious how good their defense is. I mean, they've been having a lot of top picks, they took a lot of so I hope that doesn't put a damper on just their games in general, you know, because they might be better than my thought. Like they you know, they spent some top draft picks on defense, so they really have revamped it. And then if they're not pushing the other teams, if they don't have neighbors and don't have the big scores, I hope they're as fun as we expect. That's one that I still need to kind of think through, I think, but I definitely think that the Cowboys usually put up and don't slow down on when they're playing the Giants. They usually play them pretty well. So I'm excited. I'm excited about that one is the matchup right now, and hopefully Neighbors is back to full strength there and we can see a sent back and forth action.
Speaker 1: That we're getting into some blah ones here. Pittsburgh at Tennessee, Buffalo at Miami. I mean, that's there's not a ton of light there. The Vikings visit the Jets. Okay, Seattle goes to Carolina. Yeah, there could be something there, But by and large, I'm not excited about that. We have the tight End Bowl when Brock Bauers goes to Arizona to take on Trey McBride Raiders at Cardinals, and then we get it will be fun. We get this little jem the Ben Johnson Bowl. Detroit visit Chicago, so we'll get Lions at Bears in Week seventeen. Two offenses definitely, I mean, I don't think you can call the Lions on the upswing anymore. They've they've been one of the best offenses in the NFL the last several years, versus the Bears, who have who have really come on this past season, the first under under Johnson. A lot of points there. These are stackable teams. Caleb Williams and Luther Byrd and Caleb Williams, Colston Lovelin, Jared Goff, James and Williams, Jared Goff, Sam Laporta, Jared Goff, Monross, Saint Brown. So that's another one. We talked about, that Baltimore Cincinnati game. And then you know, obviously the Rams and Buccaneers are probably in the same vein. But this Lions Bears game that's late for a four to twenty five start, that should be a good one as well, and one that is probably going to help the sides you know, thousands, maybe even millions of dollars in fantasy championships this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I mean, also you get you know, Ben Johnson revenge game. I think they just play each other extra hard and go at it and pull out all the tricks. And I mean I think both of these offenses we know are going to be super fun for fantasy this year, and they got so many skilled players. I'm excited. Those are teams that I've already been, you know, investing in, So hopefully when I look through my portfolio, I can I fell into some of these matchups, so I'll have the fun later to see. I count Week seventeen correlation you managed to get when you're drafting early.
Speaker 1: The and yeah, it's sort of like it's sort of like you know, you're drafting these teams all over again because you know you're looking at him for the first time in a brand new light where you know who they're going to be playing and when they're going to be playing them. That is all of them except for the last two games from the from the Week seventeen schedule. The Sunday night game will be at the Big Denim as I call it, from Levi Stadium in Santa Clara. The Niners will host the Philadelphia Eagles. Certainly some high powered offenses going on. We'll be waiting all day, Steph for Sunday Night when Jalen Hurts, Saquon Barkley take on McCaffrey, take on brock Purty. Mike Evans will obviously be in that game as well as long as he's healthy. Eagles Niners. That's gonna be a nice little prelude on Sunday night for the final game, which we'll get to in a second. But yeah, I mean, you know, Brock Purty one of the best quarterbacks in the league fantasy wise to end last season. And then you have brand new offensive coordinator and Sean mannon coming into its inject some life into this Eagles offense stackable. Yes for those some correlation there Eagles in San Francisco on Sunday night. I think the NFL is starting to understand how big fantasy is to help grow their game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an interesting one. I could see going both ways, because that one could be. Yeah, I think I like it. I mean I did take I like taking the forty nine ers. Yeah, I mean they score points, but you know they also both teams love to kick field goals. So who knows, Like we'll see.
Speaker 1: The game will and probably not on the greatest matchup that we could get, because there are some really good ones in Week seventeen, But the NFL has this slate in the final game of Week seventeen, Monday Night Football on January fourth, twenty twenty seven. C J. Stroud and the Houston Texans come up to the frozen tundra in Green Bay to take on Jordan Love and the Packers. And while there are things to like about these offenses, Nico Collins, David Montgomery, maybe Tank Dell will be meaningful at that point too. And then you get the Packers with Love and with Watson and Jacobs and Tucker Craft and all those guys. The problem is it's January and it's Green Bay. It's gonna be cold. I don't know how much scoring we'll see on that final Monday night game.
Speaker 2: Andie Houston's defense is so good. Yeah, I don't really want whoever's playing them, honestly, Like it just does not scream fantasy goodness. Like they're gonna put a damper on it. And I don't know. I mean, I'm from Texas. I'm gonna tell you it does not get that cold here, So I don't know how well they're gonna be able to play on offense. Like, Yeah, that's one that I probably would stay away from a little bit more that.
Speaker 1: That is your week seventeen schedule. They're rolling it out right now, they're breaking I mean the whole thing is out. You can go on. I'm on ESPN's website. They have the entire schedule out there right now I'm looking at It looks like the bye weeks are are starting Week five, which I think was what we had last year. We'll have buys week five through Week twelve and uh no buye everybody plays in week thirteen, and then week fourteen we'll have the Patriots, Giants, Niners, and Panthers on a bye the bipocalypse week stuff. It looks like we have just one of them this year, thank god. Week eight Raiders year well, yeah it was, yeah, it was. Yeah, you're right last year, Yeah, Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals, Lions, Rams, Jaguars. So we'll have six down by in week eight. But you know before that, Week six, two teams, Week seven just two teams. Week eleven just two teams as well. So I don't know, I feel like buys there are. It'd be nice if if if we could get them all out of the way prior to week thirteen. But we're gonna get these four teams on buy and week fourteen anyway. So there you have it. More on the schedule release in upcoming up episodes not only have f FPC insider access, but the high stakes Fantasy Football out of the road of his high stakes, lowdown and extra reps as well. If we can go back to Steph some of the stuff we didn't touch on in that first segment, I would like to get your thoughts on Jalen Naylor moving on to the Raiders. He's replaced by Juwan Jennings on Minnesota. So you have you're justin Jefferson, you have your Jordan Aison, and now you have your Juwan Jennings. A lot of jays on this team catching passes from Kyler Murray. Is Juwan Jennings going to be a fantasy factor as the number three receiver? Or do you think he actually hurts the production of Jordan Addison this year to the point where maybe you don't want to be on either one of those players in your fantasy leagues.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one. I've been thinking about this quite a bit myself. He is an upgrade to me obviously on Naylor. So they did okay, I mean Jennings is a legitimate player, like he's really good. We saw what he did on the forty nine ers. There's a lot of mouths defeat. Can Kyler get the ball to everyone? I do not know. It probably definitely does hurt some of them because it's going to be spread out. I feel like a lot I'm sure justin Jefferson will get him. But maybe the answer is just Kyler's gonna be pretty good, Like, I mean, he might score points, like it may be hard to figure out the right guy to stack him with outside of Jefferson, But I do think that Kyler in itself and if maybe he gets back to having a little more rushing production, he might be another one that's kind of sneaky enterprise. Like I mean, I definitely do believe in this offense, and you know they have a good coach and stuff, So I mean, I think it could be fun. I wouldn't go. I definitely would maybe see if you can get that little bit of discount on Addison. And honestly, how much has Jenning's risen because it doesn't seem like he's moved. So I think if you look at the guys he's going around out, a lot of them might be zeros. So I don't hate taking a shot still because you know, especially in basketball, he could have that week you know, anybody can have that week where they get you those multi touchdowns in the right time.
Speaker 1: Well didn't I mean, didn't he have a week last year?
Speaker 2: I mean what was what was the one there was the year before where he had like that fifty point game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought, god, what, I'm looking it up right now because I remember seeing that. I'm like this, rubbing my eyes, like Juwan Jennings really this is yeah.
Speaker 2: I picked him up on waivers the week he and played him in La like when he that happened. So I was pretty happy about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was unbelievable. It was.
Speaker 2: It was insane.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find the game. You said twenty twenty four, right, I think yeah, I think so twenty four. I'm looking it up right now. Yeah, my god, okay, okay. So he had this was Week three of twenty twenty four, in a twenty seven to twenty four loss to the Rams. Eleven catches, one hundred and seventy five yards and three touchdowns on twelve targets, So he basically caught everything that was thrown to him too. Yeah, there's something there with Juwan Jennings. I want to wrap this up the Vikings conversation Kyler Murray wi beggar, pardon quarterback sixteen right now? Steph? Is that too low for him?
Speaker 2: I love Kyler, I've been taking him. Yeah, I think he's a value he is.
Speaker 1: Going right after It's Purty Stafford Knicks, then Murray then shook who is he shook his closing in on Kyler Murray. Then you have Goff and Mayfield after that. But yeah, Murray's legs that offense. With Kevin O'Connell as his head coach, there's a lot to like there. I think he is a little underpriced. Speaking of quarterback whisperers, Kevin Stefanski says, I don't think there is a limit to where Zecharie a Branch can line up on the field. Well, thank god, because they're going to have the line over the field in order for him to be creating. You know, I said throughout the whole pre draft process stuff, I was not a Zachariah Branch guy. Really, a lot of red flags in his profile. I do think he landed really really well in Atlanta, and and certainly there is a fairly clear path for him being the number two wide receiver in Atlanta this year. I wonder how valuable that is though, being the number two wide receiver on a team that already features but Jean Robinson, Drake London and Kyle Pitts. How much have you been drafting Zachariah Branch at all this year or even staying away?
Speaker 2: I have drafted him. I was not drafting him at first because I did not love him, but I have been drafting him now because there is a clear path. I mean, obviously he was a He's a really interesting guy because Georgia decided that they would just throw him screens, and I mean, is that his fault? I don't know. He's pretty good with the ball in its hands. He's got some yak ability, So you know, there is a shot that there's a lot more there that we just didn't see. I mean, they didn't do him any fade for the way they played and featured him, but he was drafted. They spent you know, some capital on him. I do think that he could be a pretty fun player there, and there is some room. I mean, I yeah, Pitts is the title. I mean, we're still are going to have at least two wide receiver sets, so you know, somebody else is gonna be out there, and I do think that he probably has some more versatile than what we've seen, and I do like that, you know, if he's good with the ball in his hands and they just want to get him the ball, hopefully they'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: The uh Zecharia Branch I will I will probably have him on a couple of teams. I still don't like him even despite this landing spot. But when you consider where he's going in drafts, I mean, it's not like you're there's not there's you know, it's not like you're giving up a whole lot by taking Branch. So there is something he said to that real quick on the Chiefs. This is kind of interesting, and I don't quite Frankly, I don't know how you felt about Xavier Worthy when he was coming into the NFL and then obviously kind of a mini loss season last year. We got some light shed on that by Andy Reid last week that he said the Chiefs were afraid to do certain things. End quote with Xavier Worthy after he had that shoulder injury when he got blasted by his own teammate Travis Kelce in Week one. It was a fully torn laborm and he didn't come back until Week four, never got higher than eighty five yards in any single game last season. The Chiefs were limiting his routes run last year, but now Andy Reid says he can run the full routree again because the shoulders heeled, the Laboram shield, whatever, He's good to go. Wide receiver thirty three for Xavier Worthy his rookie year in twenty twenty four, Wide receiver fifty nine this past year. You think he's going to be better than wide receiver thirty three this year? And a couple of things to consider Travis Kelcey obviously on the back nine of his career, the presence of Rashie Rice on the squad, and the addition of Kenneth Walker to the backfield stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Walker matters and stuff. But you know what they didn't do. They didn't draft another receiver. Great point, and I mean it's one of those you know, c the meame of. You know, as soon as I thought I was out, they got me. They're really me back in. Yeah, I mean this made sense. I want to believe. I mean, we know he's a big play threat, he's a fast guy. I mean, we know Mahomes can chuck that ball, like I'm willing to go right back to the wall here and what we thought last year. There's a lot of good reasons why it didn't work out, and I think it's a good chance that we see what we thought we would last year this year, and now we're getting a discount, so especially with those extra you know, because I do know he did have the shoulder, and that makes sense of why they wouldn't want to do that Bee Jim, and I think if they were concerned, they would have made another move in the draft, and they didn't. So because they had they were right in line. I mean, they had the picks to do it. They could have invested in a receiver if they felt the need and were worried about it. So obviously I think they have some faith there because you know, yeah they have Rashie, but like you say, they still have a lot of aging, you know, with Kelsey and things.
Speaker 1: If you look at if you look at the depth chart for the Chiefs right now at at wide receiver, Remember Mark, he's Brown not there anymore, He's he's now Philly. Yeah, you're looking at Taekwon Thornton, Jalen Royle's Jeff, Yeah, I did nothing. Jeff Caldway, I think was an undrafted free agent. I mean the wide receiver show is worthy and it's Rashie Rice this year. I mean, yeah, he did so. So I think, yeah, when and when you look at Worthy, what I say, you finished it? And wide receiver fifty nine last year, wide receiver thirty three the year before, he's wide receiver fifty two. Right now at the eleven oh six. I think that might be a buying opportunity for people to take advantage of that. To the Big Gorilla, I said, we get to more Cowboys stuff, Steph, and we're gonna do that right now. George Pickens, let's go to Big D and talk about him. He has officially signed his franchise tag. He's going to get paid twenty seven point three million dollars this year, fully guaranteed. What's the scuttle butt on what's going on with a long term deal there. I've heard differing things from from the Joneses there that they were going to work on it. No, they're not going to work on it. Pickens this year, you know, he's kind of a mercurial guy. And then you also consider that there's there's still a trade on the table or a trade possibility. You tell me what's going on with Pickens, and then most importantly, stuff tell the viewers what we should be doing with George Pickens f FPC big Grilla drafts. Knowing that he's wide receiver ten at the three or four.
Speaker 2: Right now, I have no idea. I wish I knew more about Dallas and what they're doing. I mean it feels to me like I do think he's gonna be on Dallas this year. I mean they're gonna play him because I feel like they would have again maybe drafted somebody, maybe not you know, given Lemon to the Eagles, you know, in their lap or something like, there would have been something. I mean, they didn't take any receivers until like super late. The drafted a couple guys and I think picked up some again on drafted free agents. So there's nothing there. I mean, you got Florinois at number three, but like oh now, I oh oh oh. Jalen Tolbert is gone, he went to Miami. I mean, so it's like there's not much back there. Uh, they're investing. I mean, there's pick it seems like he wants to be here. I don't know long term what they'll manage to do. You know, the cap is o beast. Hopefully I'd like to see them give him a long term deal. I think they make a great duo. I'm taking him, I'm drafting him. I think that him and Ceed could easily pay off and the Cowboys could just put up a lot of points this season. So I'm pretty excited. We'll see, We'll see. I think they would have done stuff during the draft and had that follow through to tuition fuition, and it feels like also like he's not going to hold out and stuff from what I've heard, so it seems.
Speaker 1: Okay for the moment that was always my big thing is okay, Yeah, I know he signed it, But what happens if he's like, you know, because he's the type of guy that would do that where he's like, you know what, no, screw it, I want to get paid. You're gonna pay me, or I'm not going to show up. I'm gonna pay the fines or whatever. And I think as long as he shows up that we should be cooking with gas with George Pickens in fantasy drafts this year for sure, very excited to see what Dallas does this year, especially on offense. They look like they are loaded up once again for a putting up a lot of points, chewing up a lot of yartage. Let's take our final break here on FFPC Insider Access. When we come back, let's break down Steph's draft that she did. Steph one, was this the Women's Best Ball Tournament presented by Fantasy and Frames? How was that three weeks ago? Four weeks ago?
Speaker 2: It was a while. I think it was in the March and of March.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well you're right, March thirtieth. I'm just seeing that now. Okay, So I want to break that down. Obviously ADPs have changed, but Steph's convictions in her picks have not, or have they. We'll talk about her. We'll figure out how she feels about our team now that we are a month and a half removed from it. At Steph Miller fifty seven from Legendary Upside and Ship Chasing, you're watching FFPC Insider Access. Don't go anywhere. We finish up strong right after this a main event racks ras Event podcast at PC two thousand dollars N three team graand prize of a million dollars. I'm lucky about one meg dollar Top prize.
Speaker 2: Main Event season is in first wing.
Speaker 1: It is time to register for the FFPC Main Event. Had you have you not done it yet, make sure you are two hundred dollars off your first team six hundred dollars off each additional team when you register prior to May thirty first, then you're eligible for that pro Versus Joe's drawing, where forty two joes will go up against forty two industry pros for the rights to seven count them free, seven free FFPC Main Event teams in twenty twenty seven. That's always fun. And then of course the FFPC Big Gorilla has drafts going daily, million dollars Grand Prizing draft for that right now, seven Bananas Promo and Early Rampage promos are live for the FFPC Big Gorilla Baby Guerrilla. Just one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter, but you still have a chance at one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. We have a best Ball tournament with a four hundred thousand dollars grand prize. We have a best Ball tournament with a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize that just costs thirty five bucks to enter. Dynasty Empire leagues going on right now. Dynasty and Empire Dynasty League started at one hundred dollars, go up to five thousand there. Check that out, and of course we've just added chop leagues to the rotation. Just survive every single week. Don't be the lowest score in your league in any given week and you will win your league, win your way into the Big Gorilla or the main event, or just take some cash prizes. It's all at my FFPC dot com, my FFPC dot com. We go back to the co host with the most miss Steph Miller, joining us tonight on behalf of legendary Upside and Hip Chasing at Steph Miller fifty seven. So you had participated and I believe you've done this before the Fantasy and Frames Women's Best Ball tournament that the FFPC hosted. Stacey Perez puts this together every single year. I jumped on the stream when you were drafting on March thirtieth. We chopped it up with Stacy. Had a lot of fun. You were drafting out of the ten spot in this Best Ball Slim draft. So you're looking at twenty rounds, no kickers, no defenses, And I do want to focus in on a few of your picks here. The first one we'll kick it off with was James Cook at the one ten. You go with Cook in the first round, And I know there was a lot of people for the last two years saying that regression was coming for James Cook, and it really hasn't. Should we just expect that this is who James Cook is, Like, he's going to put up numbers even though Josh Allen Vulture's touchdowns from him, even though he's not the most prolific pass catcher, led the league in rushing last year. I don't know if he leads the league in rushing again, but certainly a player that you thought was well worth the one ten here stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Bills offense is putting up a lot of points. Like you say, he's been himbo, you know for a couple of years now. You keep everybody keeps saying you can't do it, and he's been doing it. Another team, I mean, yeah, they got DJ Moore, but they didn't draft anybody else. They definitely didn't draft another running back. Got the guys behind him, you know, have their roles, But yeah, I think that James Cook again could definitely be a big part of what they're doing. And Josh needs to throw the ball to somebody.
Speaker 1: You you in the third round, you go with Travis Etchien, and I think what's interesting about this Maybe you feel the same way. But knowing I mean, like knowing what we know about Kamara now and knowing that, yeah, he's probably gonna be on the team this year. He might steal some pass catching work on third down from Etchien. If you had to do it over again, would you have still taken Etchien? There you're looking at Trevian Henderson went after him, Skataboo, Bucky Irving, bres Hall, Javonte Williams. Would you have taken any of those players instead of Etchian or or do you still feel really confident in that pick right now?
Speaker 2: I think I still like Etchen over those guys right now. Even I mean, Kamara did not look very good and there's still some weirdness going on there. There's still a chance that he may not end up being on the roster. I believe there's still some undecided things. I think if he probably retires, if he's not because he said, you know, see, so we'll see and again there's something else. There's not a lot behind him, nothing's been proven, so I think he's going to see a good role. And I'm pretty excited for that offense in general. I think they can put up some points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's the other thing to consider too. I mean, like, maybe if the Saints do take a step forward as an offense this year, and you mentioned that in the first hour of the show, how much klim Moore loves to pass and he runs so many plays like they play at a very fast pay maybe if they do take a step forward, they are out of the field longer. Then you know, camera can still be good and at end can still pay off that late round pick, you know for fantasy players this year. Just curious looking it up right now. If we look at the big Gorilla, which is not best ball by the way, this is managed leagues, is running back eighteen at the three ten, So like same spot that you grabbed him back in March, that's where he's going again. Here we go to another running back stuff on this roster, and I feel like I'm giving short tript to the Jacksonville running game on this show. And my other show is over the course of the last month or so, because I think this is one that's important to figure out. The Jaguars look like an off an up and coming offense. We know Travis Hunter now is probably gonna be playing at least some offense this year. Receiver room looks stacked with Thomas, with Washington, with Myers. You have Kate Otton on that team. Are not Brenton Strange on that team? I believe they drafted Tanner Coozio, who I really like as a pass catching tight end as well. And then obviously Sunshine himself. Ronnie James Bass, uh Ronnie Bass, not Ronnie James Bass, Ronnie Bass. Trevor Lawrence is the quarterback there. So you look at this offense here, well, what's missing, the nebulous situation in the backfield is probably what needs to be attacked. Achel Tuton is there, Leaquin Allen is probably need to catch enough passes just to come up the works a little bit more. And then Chris Rodriguez. I can't remember at what point Rodriguez signed. I don't know if he was on Jacksonville at that time, but I want to get your thoughts on the Teuton pick. When you look at this backfield going forward, how confident do you feel on Teuton getting you know, at least the majority of the workload, majority could be fifty one percent, but just kind of I want to know what you think about the volume that Tuton is going to get in twenty twenty six with Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's going to pretty much be their guy. I think Rodriguez is going to have But I mean, come on, when we were looking at free agents of guys that could be signed and thinking of who we would be the most scared of as threats, nobody was saying Chris Rodriguez was going to be a guy they would all of a sudden be threatened by, and not like he was cut by the commanders before I think twice and then re signed. Like I mean, yeah, he had a role for them at some point, but that was just because I think they were just trying to find something. I mean, he was okay, but he's not a great talent. I mean, Tuton was an explosive athlete. They spent the draft capital on him. I mean they obviously they got rid of Etienne or however you say his new name. I mean they want to make him the center. I mean, they obviously cared to. They showed it again. He survived the draft. This was before the draft. That was the scariest thing is they were saying that they liked their backfield and they liked these guys, and then they showed that they did. So, I mean, it seems like they are wanting to take that step forward with him as you know, their main running back. And I think that even as time goes on, if they start with you know, see Rod with a little bit of a role that you know, he's gonna be the more talented, explosive guy, and he's gonna, you know, end up being definitely the lead back. Maybe it's very rare that we have, like anybody that's one hundred percent of the work or anything. So it's like you're always gonna have someone of a split. But I'm pretty confident that the Jags are gonna be a pretty fun offense. So I felt good about this pick. The only thing I'll say is I kind of wish looking back structurally, that maybe I had done like a tight end here or something. Uh there was I was, I was I remember this spot going between him and like Kyle Pitts, and I kind of think that maybe I should have switched it in my running backs. I might have been able to who knows, it would have changed the whole rest of the draft. But that was something afterwards that I kind of like mulled over with the tight end premium aspect, thinking of maybe maybe I could have been a little more patient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe, I mean you could have. I'm looking at the draft board right now, could have. I mean, you're looking at Okay, So let's say you take Pits there and then you replaced the Kittle pick, which we'll talk about in a second. You replaced Kittle in the eighth round, you could add Pollard Quorum Lgier, which would would was not Look it's not looking good now, you know, for Lgier in the eighth round, Dobbins Jendarian Price, which would have been a good pick. But we didn't know, you know, about where he was going to land in Seattle, So I don't know hindsight's twenty twenty. But this Kittle pick we have to talk about here because you were I believe, uh no, maybe you weren't, but it's close. The last team to take a tight end certainly this was your first tight end that you had drafted, and what its Scott Bared for Fantasy Points always says upside wins championships. Right, there is upside here with Kittle at the twelf tight end drafted here the latest he's gone probably you know, since he became George Kittle, you get him in the eighth round here as your number one tight end. How many I don't think he's gonna be ready week one. I know that there's there's some positivity saying that that that's gonna happen. When do you think he comes back? And and and I'll say, let me preface this by by saying, when we talked about neighbors, I think I think neighbors coming off in a cl with the type of explosive prerequisite that it takes to play his position, well, I think I'm more concerned about him coming off in a cl rather than George Kittle coming off a torn achilles or whatever it is, right, because I think Kittle, I don't want to say he can fake it more like you know, coming off this injury, but I do think he's crafty enough to still be fantasy relevant even if he's not at one hundred percent. I'm less concerned about his injury, especially with the draft capital too, when you talk about him versus neighbors. But how many games do you think Kittle plays this year and how close to one hundred percent do you think he will be in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's a really tough thing. It's like we've come a long way with Achilles injuries. Like Achilles, actually they're now they're coming back sooner than ACL's Usually the recovery timeline is sooner. So I mean, yeah, he may not be ready week one, hopefully, you know, within the first four weeks. I'd love to see him out there again. Yeah, it's a little bit different than a running back. I do think that Kittle is a guy that does have his head on straight and does know how to handle it and is not scared of anything, and I get to see him figuring it out. I don't know. He's an older guy though, so that's always a little bit of a concern. But again, this is just one of those things of how they use him in the offense. At that point in the draft, it's like you have to take those shots. It's like I obviously pushed the position, and it was like, you know what, this is one of those things. It's like, if it works out, it could definitely win it. And if not, then yeah, you know what, this was fun, but it might not be not might not be the thing. I don't know, like what percentage, because like he may never get back to one hundred percent because of his agent and stuff. So I mean we may never see him. It may only be like he might only maximumally be seventy five eighty percent of what he was, you know if that and that might be a high end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. You know you also added uh and and will I don't I don't know. I don't think I know we will We'll get to Chiggo kon Quin a little bit. I said, oh, you could have had JK. Dobbins instead of A Kiddle. You got Dobbins anyway. You got Dobbins pick after uh George Kittle in this draft. And this was he I believe he was with Denver at the time. I think he was already signed. They gave him some decent money. I'm not necessarily concerned with Jonah Coleman from a redraft standpoint. This year, I think Dobbin's biggest enemy this year is not our Harvey. I think it's JK. Dobbins, And as long as he's out there, he should have a really good season for Denver. I just questioned how many games he plays, But certainly it's Steph in the ninth round. Who cares. You know, whatever you get from him, you're loving it as your number four running back on the squad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean definitely, as long as he's healthy, I think he's going to produce. It's just how long he stays healthy too. It's his sister.
Speaker 1: What do you make of Chiga Conco now in Washington, moves on from Tennessee and he's at a Washington team that you know, maybe they add Ayuk, maybe they don't. Maybe they add Keenan Allen or Steph Diggs or somebody like that. Maybe they don't. I don't know. But as it stands right now, it's Terry McLaurin, it's the rookie Antonio williams Uh, It's it's the quasi and maybe almost full on Buss Treylon Burks on this team. There is a huge opportunity for Conco. Here's somebody who was saying in the YouTube chat on this show, or maybe he's one other show like a month or so ago. You know, a conco still hasn't shown up in Tennessee. Why should we believe he shows out in Washington? Why should we believe he breaks out? And maybe he doesn't break up but stuff, Maybe he doesn't have to given the volume that he might see in Washington this year, he could be the number two option on this offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he has to be like a huge breakout like you say, it's like they're gonna get in the ball. It's like he could just be a role player. They could use, you know, big tie that in the end zone. You know, he could just be that red zone threat. I mean we're getting you know here. It's just like there's nobody else he's competing with for that role. So they're going to and you know, I think also Washington should still be an upgrade. I mean, Jayden Daniels is going to be an upgrade for him. So like the whole scheme could just be better. And I think that he's somebody again where there's enough of a mystery box aspect to take that there could be a hitted upside there for where we're taking him in the draft, and those are the type of players take a swing on here. You can't win these tournaments by playing it safe.
Speaker 1: No, no, you have to take some chances. I'm looking at some of the other players you drafted, someone we talked about already, Kyler Murray, you drafted on this team, Xavier Worthy, you drafted on this team. And then a player I thought was a really good value for you, the fifty sixth wide receiver chosen in this draft. He doesn't go off the board until the early fourteenth round. You get Jayden Reid, which normally is a player I avoid. But now I look at what the Packers did in the offseason, or perhaps what they didn't do. They lost Romeo Dops, they traded don Tavian Wicks, They didn't draft any receivers in the draft. They didn't draft any skill position players in the draft. They didn't sign anybody significant. I know sky Moore is on the team, but I don't think he's striking fear into the hearts of any Jade Reid owners out there. This is a more concentrated Packers offense this year, passing game. So yeah, Craft and Watson are going to get theirs. But if Golden doesn't step up, and maybe even if he does, maybe Jayden Reed has a really nice bounce back. He doesn't play in two wide receiver sets, which I know hurts him, but it seems like he does. He still does a lot of damage despite the limited snaps and you get him in round fourteen stuff.
Speaker 2: Nice work, Yeah, because he's been one of the biggest risers, I mean out there, so people after the draft have been pretty doffy on him. So yeah, that definitely feels good.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is Jerry Judy you draft in the seventeenth round. At the time you drafted Judy, the Browns did not have Casey Concepcion, they did not have Denzel Boston. And quite frankly, if we look at so now they add those players, right, adds those players, and now you look at Jerry Judy's ADP in the big gorilla wide receiver seventy one at the seventeen oh six hasn't moved anywhere, which that's crazy, which is wild to me because I think and I who was it, was it Monkin or somebody from Cleveland was saying like they want to get him back to where he can be the number one wide receiver on this team. It wasn't all that long ago that he had a big time twenty twenty four season where we're all falling all over ourselves the draft and the following year. Now we know the investment Cleveland made in the rookies here, but they are rookies. So there is something to be said for Jerry Judy as being the number one wide receiver that perhaps you got in the seventeenth round.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope so. But I will tell you that if this was a post draft, I would not have taken you.
Speaker 1: Take Calvin Ridley too the round after that, and that's another player that yeah, they added Carnel Tait. But with this being best ball and Ridley is sort of a lost season last year, not because of under production, but he was hurt, you know. And now he comes back this year and they're saying all the right things. I think. And I know Steve Irgalos, who is in the YouTube chat earlier, he was taking Ridley quite a bit late in a lot of drafts. I don't know if he still is, but he definitely has his back his late round bags pack. At least for Calvin Ridley. This is another player too. We've seen him do it before, Steph. And you know, certainly there's a world of possibilities on this Tennessee team to see how they go and you know, changing roles and what have you. I don't know, I think you can do a lot worse than Calvin Ridley in the eighteenth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it felt like at the time some of these picks were also structural. I did take most of my receivers if you look at were kind of like really ceiling type guys.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I had Worthy, I had Jmo, I had Tea, So I was trying to build in a little bit of some floor even as much as I could late, I didn't need the big upside swings because I felt like I took a lot of those early, so a couple of them didn't really you know, pan out as much like you know, obviously them taking a receiver overall at four it was not what I expected when I drafted, really, But at the same time, he's probably still the ID receiver for three, you know, with him and Wandlle how do you But I don't know about the volume.
Speaker 1: Is well, the volume, the volume to me like it and for best ball. I mean, yeah, and I know, honestly this is like one of your floor guys or whatever, but eighteenth round, I mean, just like whatever you get from him at this point when you look at this team, when you looked at this team, I should say, on March thirtieth, when the draft is done, and now you look back on it here in mid mid May, how do you feel about the squad that you put together.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it aged pretty well. Honestly, the biggest picks that we just talked about were those two that seemed to probably age to the worst. And they're not terrible. There's still a world like you say that, like, yeah, Judy could still be the wide receiver one. Bridley went from what the two to the three, So it's probably not anything else. And I got some value. I think I found a few guys are advisers. I did pick late the right rookie, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I took Bernard my last pick last year. He got he got the decent draft capital. He's one of the bigger risers, you know, because there was a lot of you know, rookies that turned out to be a big fat nothings. You know, that's one of the bests you take, so it felt fun to hit on that. The only one I'd say that naugy I took late. Uh. We obviously don't know where he's playing, if he's playing, so that one to be decided. But there's still some spots you never know. We still could see him get picked up, or an injury happened and a team picks him up once the season starts. You never know. There's not a lot of other running backs out there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't. I look at the running backs that went after Harris, and I mean, like I probably would have taken Chris Brooks over him, but even Brooks that we don't even know if he's the backup in Green Bay, you know, so that I don't. I don't think I can make a good case like, oh, I would have rather had X running back over Naji Harris. Here, I think you you're drafting for upside. You clearly you had at that point that was your sixth running back. You have the the you had Cook, etch In, Touton, and Dobbins, which I think are strong as you're going to get for top four running backs in this format. And then you add Brian Robinson who has the contingent upside behind the Jon Robinson and then Harris too. If he lands somewhere, he might be the type of guy that somebody signs him after week one and then or or he falls into being an injury away type guy. You never know, baby Seattle, I don't know. This was a lot of fun. The two hours flew by Stephanie. This is this was great. Remind us again when we want to consume more Steph Miller content. I know you're grinding it out for legendary upside during the season. Tell us what it's going to be like for you until the season starts, and then once the NFL season begins, what you're going to be doing not only for legendary upside, but ship chasing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah right now, I mean most of that stuff is going to probably be in season that is going to be kicked off because we're doing the reader athletes and stuff for the high stakes. But right now, well, I am drafting tons of bestball teams myself. So you will find me in the streets, grind in a way, and you know, hit me up on Twitter, find me in the streets. I'll be doing some FFPC drafts. I'm sure, I'll be mixing it up and trying to you know, win a million dollars like everybody.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's the plan. That's that's planning. I always say at Steph Miller five to seven on the ex Steph, this was great. I'm so glad we got a chance to hook up and do this show again. We will definitely have you back again very soon. Enjoy drafting season and enjoy the NFL season. Enjoy the schedule release for what for what's left of it. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you tonight, and we will do this again sometime soon.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: Thanks Steph. That is Steph Miller. Stephanie Miller from Legendary Upside and of course ship Chasing. Check her out on X at Steph Miller fifty seven. I want to thank Stephanie for hopping aboard tonight. Remind you that both Best Ball leagues that we have for the FFPC Live, remember we added one hundred thousand dollars grand prize undred thousand dollars to that grand prize up to four hundred k for the Best Ball Tournament Big Gorilla featuring a million dollar grand prize, seven bananas and early rampage promos going on right now. The Baby Gorilla you can still win one hundred K for just one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter FFPC Dynasty and Empire Dynasty startups going on as well. The Main Event. Early bird for the FFPC Main Event is going until May thirty first, so make sure you're registering by then so you get two hundred dollars off your first team. Remember you're gonna get six hundred dollars off each additional team you get for the main event. You're also entered in that pros versus Joe's drawing if you are registered by May thirty first. Chop leagues available now at the FFPC. Just don't be the lowest scoring team in your league every single week and you will win your league, cash prizes, main event entries, and Big Gorilla entries at stake. That's all at m y f FPC dot com my FFPC dot com. Now I will say this, I mentioned last night we're gonna do some live draft coverage. I forgot about something in my schedule and I cannot do it. So next week on Wednesday, we will have a regular high stakes Fantasy for hour at ten pm Eastern. We will have regular FFPC insider access at seven o'clock. Brandon Murchison from roto Baller makes his return to the show, so we'll talk with him for two hours and then you'll get your extra reps Friday night at ten pm. So we're hoping to have live draft coverage. I can't swing it this year. My apologies on that, but we'll have a great week of shows anyway. Enjoy the rest of the schedule. Release everybody. Thanks to Stephanie Miller. For Stephanie Miller, I've been Eric Balkman. This is FFPC insider Access. We'll talk with you tomorrow night on extra reps, next week on the HSF Hour, and next week right here Thursday night, seven pm with myself Brandon Murchison from Rotoballer. Thanks for watching, everybody. Talk to you again soon