Speaker 1: You're listening to camp I Am six forty, the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's not Bill Handle, camp I Am six forty Life Everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. Good morning, It's the Bill Handle Show. Neil Sevadra here with the Gang and Amy Kono Will. Good morning one and all. How's everybody doing doing good?
Speaker 3: Fabulous?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How's Will?
Speaker 3: Oh he's wondering the hallways.
Speaker 2: You know, he tries to scare me now because I scared him yesterday.
Speaker 3: He scares it everything.
Speaker 2: Is he a little bit of a scaredy cat?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, he gets scared easily. Will you walk in the well?
Speaker 2: It's backs towards everybody? Hey, well, if your backs towards everybody, you're gonna get scared. Uh yeah, come on, you gotta have mafia rules. You've always got to face the door. Brother. That's the problem. That room is very non function when you get back to the door, it is. It's a weird ass room. I got it. I totally agree. Weird ass rooms here at the studio. So yeah, so everybody's here, but it feels like someone's missing hmmm, and I got kono and Amy will me and no, we're here alrighty, excellent. Well let's start with handle on the news, shall we lead? Story? The best song in the whole world. Now, I'm gonna have it in my head the whole day, and I will not it will not be bleeped. I'll be be singing it without noticing that I'm dropping F bombs everywhere I go. You know, Liberation Day is today, and is it just me? One? It's gotten way more commercial than before. I haven't gotten any of my liberation Yeah, but my Liberation Date shopping isn't done. I barely got my Liberation Day tree. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. All white sales, are they?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: So, President, our President Donald Trump is going to unveil the White House Rose Garden today. What we're expecting to be this broad based reciprocal tariffs. It's kind of like, you know, we're rubber and your glue. Whatever you tar if you throw at us, we throw it back and it sticks to you. Right? Is that what it is? So? These are imports as part of America First agenda. He has labeled this. Our President has labeled this Liberation Day, claiming that it's going to free us, the US from dependence on foreign goods. And this the question here is everything that he ran on the promise of better economy and things like that, this is going to throw into a tail spin. But if you're looking at the long game, it's got to be done. There's got to be pushback, and with that is going to come discomfort. And I don't know that we have the fortitude as Americans to sit through something that's going to take time to get done.
Speaker 4: Especially now because we want everything now. We're so instant gratificationing that if you look at it, Trump's been in office for what three months.
Speaker 2: Just seventy two days.
Speaker 4: And everybody's like, everything should magically be better. That may be because he said on day one it's going to get better.
Speaker 2: They all say that. I get that. You know, it's weird. You know. So my son's eight and he knows what Amazon is and that it's about two days to get something. But to make things worse. I'm a maker. I like to make things. So now my son I three D print. So now my son can say and did the other day, Hey, can you make me a master's sword that glows in the dark? And about ten inches long. And I'm like, yeah, you'll have it in about four hours.
Speaker 3: You don't have to say you have to wait till Christmas.
Speaker 2: No, And he did. He had it in four hours.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: He was thrilled playing with it in his little fort in the dark. So, yeah, we're not really good at waiting. We'll see what this takes. But I'm still regardless of who you voted for. You know, once somebody's in office, you've got to let them run their course. They got to figure out what they're doing. And so far the guy does get things done, it's it's messy. So I we got to kind of let it. Let's see how it runs out there. Speaking of running out amy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of running out uh time, Corey Booker, Yeah, did not run out of things to say. For more than twenty five hours. It was a lot of talk, talk, talk talk. The New Jersey Democratic senator took the Senate floor and it wasn't a filibuster. He just talked in protest of President Trump's policies and spoke as long as he was, as he put it, physically able. And it turns out that was twenty five hours and five minutes he finished speaking last night and limped off the floor, setting the record for the longest continuous Senate floor speech.
Speaker 2: Limped off the floor.
Speaker 3: That's what the story says.
Speaker 2: What is Jugula attached to is he.
Speaker 4: Started to get a little punchy at some points. But I would you, well, yeah I wouldn't. I mean, I like to talk, but I wouldn't talk for twenty five hours straight.
Speaker 2: Let's do this show for twenty five hours straight. And trust me, there's no way I'm leaving this building with a job. I would get very punchy after all that time. It took it took Menace from the Woody Show less time to walk to Disneyland from here yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what time did he get there last night?
Speaker 2: It was forty miles Yeah, thirty eight some on miles or something like that. And I think he got there around nine ish, nine thirty because I went to bed around then.
Speaker 3: Just in time for California Adventure to close.
Speaker 2: Well, his last picture was standing in front of the Walt and Mickey. Oh there in front of the Oh no, in front of the castle. Yeah, in front of the castle. So he got there before it closed. But holy smokes, now, amb limping off, I'll get but it's like, now that's saying like if you had a story about Menace walking to Disneyland, it's like, and he couldn't speak because he had a sore throat from walking so long. That would make me question the same.
Speaker 3: I get you. Well, we can thank the Associated Press for that one.
Speaker 2: That was their verbiage. F The Democratic backed Susan Crawford wins Wisconsin Supreme Court seat, cementing liberal majority, which was the goal there. This was a big ticket item because of that, and you had the defeated the challenger endorsed by President Donald Trump. Of course, billionaire Elon Musk spent twenty one million dollars or so to help back him, and she doubted her victory as a win against the richest man in the world. That's got to feel good. I want to go toe to toe the richest man in the world. Well, not physically. He's built like his truck. Like we're weird. And have you ever seen that guy with his shirt off? It's like a broken barrel. That's odd.
Speaker 3: Let's not let's not do the personal attacks, shall we?
Speaker 2: Oh? Are you kidding? I'm going to add hominem all over this place. Why he was bald too, got plugs.
Speaker 3: Well he can afford it.
Speaker 2: Personal tax Oh, don't get all newsy on me, lady. I do personal attacks. I haven't even started on Kno yet. Talk about being made of spare parts.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, well, the Democrats one in Wisconsin. The Republicans took Florida, though Republicans Jimmy Patronas and Randy Fine won special elections to fill two Florida congressional seats. The one that Patronis won was vacated by former Representative Matt Gates remember he resigned. Uh, and then the other one was Fine one for a seat vacated by Mike Walls or Waltz when he was tapped to become Trump's National security advisor. So that win puts the republic Can margin two hundred and twenty to two thirteen in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, still.
Speaker 4: Not much of a margin, no, but better than the one or two vote margin they had for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I you know, these these little races that have big consequences always are looked at like are they unhappy on one hand in Wisconsin with the seventy two days or whatever of Trump? Or is this some sort of state and then you go to Florida and as that a statement about how people want Republican value. It's well.
Speaker 4: Stephen Portnoy with ABC we talked to him, Wake Up, Call Love him. He was saying that they're watching because I said, why do we care about what happens in Florida in Wisconsin? I mean, it's the state Supreme Court in Wisconsin, and it's the two representatives in Florida. And he was just saying, like margins are and like where Trump won by thirty points in Florida, the two candidates won solidly, but by like ten or fifteen points. So does that mean that Republican support is waning or that people don't turn out if Trump's not on the ballot. So everybody's trying to figure out what exactly the numbers mean, which is why it's drawing interest.
Speaker 2: Val Kilmer, who was a local guy, local guy, talented, handsome guy, passed away at the age of sixty five. That seems so damn young. And I know that he's had issues with cancer back in twenty fourteen. He later recovered. Have you seen the documentary Val? Anyone? Did you see okay and saw it? Amy? Did you see Val.
Speaker 3: Putting it on my list. I don't remember if I did or not.
Speaker 2: It's a must see. I mean it's a little strange because it's kind of self indulgent, but it's it's so worth it, and he's kind of fascinating guy and his spirit and energy and attitude is pretty magical. I was absolutely a fan. I love some of the kooky stuff, like you know, top Secret, real genius. I think he was marvelous as Doc Holiday in Tombstone. Tombstone is one of those movies I can watch any day, anytime, over and over again, and still every time I watched it, I go, man, I love this movie. I just I think it is one of the best modern day westerns period and it just is such. I mean, the cast, everything, but Val Kilmer in that is magical. And I wasn't crazy about him as Batman, but you know, Michael Keaton was my Batman and.
Speaker 3: You can be my wingman anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know Top Gun, I'm sweaty men, not my thing. But good for you. If you and Cono enjoyed that, that's all right.
Speaker 3: You didn't love Top Gun. It's one of my favorite movies ever.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know what, and I haven't even seen Maverick, and I know that's you haven't.
Speaker 4: No, I, oh my god, it's done fine, But it didn't like it was fabulous.
Speaker 2: It didn't hit me the way it hit I like all the special effects and the planes and everything big time. And the soundtrack is fun because you're going into that danger zone.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: But uh, do you remember The Prince of Egypt?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: It was a dream.
Speaker 4: I can't remember which animation studio did it, but it was the story of Moses, and Val Kilmer played Moses, and god.
Speaker 2: Well you know that Val Kilmer played Moses on stage too.
Speaker 3: Oh I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. I can't remember. I think I might have interviewed him for that. He was and I love this. He played a blurry off camera Elvis in one of my favorite films, True Romance, which was written by Quentin Tarantino. I think, but just I don't know. Fabulous guy. It's such a sad loss.
Speaker 1: And you.
Speaker 2: How Michelle Cube says, you got to see Maverick, even if it's just for the Val Kilmer part. Okay, I will watch it.
Speaker 4: Just fabulous. Yeah, but that was his last movie too. By the way, The last thing he acted in.
Speaker 2: That's sad. It's a sad loss of a guy that it was so promising and did so many great things as well. But sad loss. And dude, pneumonia doesn't that always blow you away? Like you think of pneumonia as a bad thing, but you've also put it in the category of like a really bad flu sort of, but it's not. It can be a killer. Rest in peace.
Speaker 3: Trans rites to play, stay in place.
Speaker 4: Lawmakers and Sacramento yesterday rejected two bills that would limit trans high school athletes participation in women's in girls' sports. The one of them would require the California Interscholastic Federation to prohibit any student who sex was assigned mail at birth from competing on a girl's team, and the other one would require students to use locker rooms, bathrooms, and other facilities that match their sex assigned at birth. They both lost, which was never a surprise.
Speaker 2: You know what's weird if to me, it's like if somebody goes through the full trans experience. I don't care about the bathroom thing. I mean if you if you go through with something to the point where you change your genitalia, knock yourself out with the bathroom thing. But the sports thing is they're just physiologically unfair because you can't change that. Yes, hormones might change muscle mass and things like that, but it's not going to change bone density. And you know, there's just things that are different physiologically and I'm not always you know, and that women get screwed every single time, every single time, you know, with all this stuff. Because now you've got young female athletes that have to compete against biologically structured men. I don't think they're going to do that in boxing though, I think that would probably be.
Speaker 5: Well, wouldn't they No, But I mean, like I Meyson going right, But if the rule is that women, well you wouldn't put him because they have different weight classes.
Speaker 4: You'd never get in the same weight class as Mike Tyson. But I mean, but if you were the same weight class technically, if you're a woman, under this law, you could compete.
Speaker 2: Didn't that happen in the Olympics we saw some of that maybe or was there questions about whether someone was a man or a woman.
Speaker 4: There was there was that one Oh gosh, I can't remember where where she was from. It was somewhere in Europe, I believe, and they. But there there was the argument that no, she was she's always been a woman, and other people were saying, no, I've never been hit like that, and they backed out of the competition.
Speaker 3: M I'd have to look that up.
Speaker 2: One of them sturdy European women. You never know, careful what they make, some sturdy, sturdy women. My great grandmother was like Scottish and Irish and English or something like that. She was a sturdy woman.
Speaker 3: Guess what mom is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: The warden well mostly German.
Speaker 2: That explains so much. Wh Oh my gosh, that makes so much sense, all right. Attorney General seeks death penalty for Luigi Mangioni. Sorry, ladies in the United Healthcare CEO murder body called Thompson's murder a premeditated and cold blooded assassination. I don't know how you can argue with that. So our new Attorney General Pambondi is directing federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty. And again, I don't know how you can argue with that. They never found that it was any specific tie, like even though he had back pain, that it was he didn't have that insurance. United or right, there was no real ever any tie there specifically.
Speaker 4: I think they'll expose that in court. All right, Israel is expanding operations. Israel's defense ministers is a major expansion of the military operation in Gaza involves seizing large areas of land that would be incorporated into Israel's security zones. They said that it would also involve a large scale evacuation of Gaza's population away from the fighting zones. Israel's been aerially bombarding the strip since the ceasefire ended.
Speaker 2: US Senate Committee opens review into Meta's efforts to gain access to China. So this is kind of You've got senators wanting Meta to disclose these records that they have that are supposedly fairly extensive, including all company communications, any records of meetings, any of this with Chinese government officials since twenty fourteen, apparently, and they want Meta to do this by April twenty first, the META spokesperson rejected any claims that anything wonky or what's the word nefarious is going on, but the senators said that accounts are corroborated by internal records documenting these efforts. They want to review these with a subcommittee to see if there is any issues there.
Speaker 4: The upside to twenty five percent tariffs comes to car companies. The major car company says sales were up for March. Most reported double digit gains. Automakers sold nearly one point six million vehicles in March. That's a thirteen point six percent increase. Almost all automakers saw a surge in electric vehicles. And of course the surge in sales comes as twenty five percent tariffs loom on any autos imported to the US, and those tariffs going to affect tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's going to be interesting to see how that ties into things. You know. Hearing Shannon, I think it's on the promo too, and then talking with Shannon from the Gary and Shannon Show coming up at nine am, she was saying, but you know, your parts in your car are made all over the place. These are the things we still need to get over and having the vast majority of a vehicle made in the United States and put together in the United States. And yes, having parts made in the United States is all separate parts of the puzzle that need to be put together. But I will tell you we are now progressing towards as a maker myself at manufacturing on a bespoke level where you could get parts and pieces made same day here in the States. So factories are going to be changing too. This is all part of the big game of getting things back here. It's not going to be it's going to be painful, and we may not have the fortitude for it. But if you want the strength back in the US, you got to start somewhere. Let's do the story. Okay, more than a dozen years after higher fat milk was stripped from the school meals, this was all supposedly to slow down obi obesity in American kids, boost their health, all that stuff. Well, now it's flipping. Now it's flipping. So the Obama era move to require skim milk and low fat milk in schools was aimed at cutting kids consumption of saturated fats, calories, all those things. And now it's flipping back. And you have people like Senator John Fetterman from Pennsylvania saying kids need wholesome, nutritious food to grow strong and stay healthy. Milk is packed with nutrients. I agree with that. I think whole milk is great. I don't drink whole milk anymore that, you know, because it's you know, I'm grown, but I do love it. We keep whole milk and two percent in the house for Max, who's a growing boy at the age of eight. The weird thing is, if you go back prior to this, you have to ask the question, well, why was it okay prior? The obesity thing came after the eighties. I think that obesity came from the fat the low fat fads, among other things, hormones and stuff like that, and foods. But I think a lot of it came from the low fat fads of the late seventies early eighties. We started eating low fat foods. It jacked with our bodies and that's why you're seeing it with kids. You didn't see it prior to that. And trust me, they had whole milk in schools prior to you know, prior to now. So it we go through these changes and then we don't ask the questions, well what has changed to say, get rid of that whole milk, without going well, what else has changed? If we were serving whole milk in schools in the fifties, sixties and seventies, Ah, it's like school shootings. We've had guns since day one, big ones so what changed, all right?
Speaker 4: No order in the court. A guy from Riverside County who was charged with multiple felony accounts of domestic violence is facing some new charges. It's because the Sheriff's department says that Ryan Chalifant tried to flee the Riverside County Hall of Justice after refusing to be handcuffed during his arraignment hearing a deputy followed him out. Two more deputies saw him and joined in the chase. All three ended up injured while trying to apprehend the guy, and they were taken to a hospital. The Sheriff's office now says that they will be seeking additional charges against Chalfont as a result of the incident.
Speaker 2: That sucks. I want to hear about sheriffs can beat up and stuff, all right. As California continue to wonder why we suffer so much at the pump, the reality is you drive up to the pump and it's a pisser. If you look at those numbers and you go, how are we knocking on the door of five bucks again? Wasn't there a point where we were like, man, if it h's five bucks, we're all gonna riot. It's gonna be ugly, and now it did and we didn't riot, and then it's back. Well, guess what, Like everything else here in California, it's self inflicted, like that boondoggle sitting out in central California right the train to nowhere. The this is all taxes. These are all extra fees and taxes. So you at the USC Marshall School of Business recently recently publishing a study of California gasoline prices, it's all the same. It's all the stuff that keeps John Cobalt up at night. That's why he's got veins going from the top of his forehead to his throat, and he's been screaming about this forever. Heard today at one is because we keep doing this to ourselves, over and over and over again. No evidence of price gouging, No by either gas station owners or refiners or the oil producers, none of that. We keep these environmental regulatory garbage, we keep upping and upping and oh, this is the summer blend and this is the winter bland. We're doing it to ourselves. We are our own worst enemy here in California. Let me just climb off this soapbox.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Amy, thank you. Score one for new moms.
Speaker 4: So nine Republican members of the House, led by new Mom Representative Anna Paulina Luna, rebelled against Speaker Mike Johnson and tanked a procedural vote on a measure that would have required in person voting. There's a push to allow for proxy voting or remote voting for moms up to you know, who've just had babies within twelve weeks. And the Democrats are trying to change the rules. And it looks like nine Republicans have joined in, and so they didn't get to get that procedural vote past. And Mike Johnson said, fine, we're done for the day and gabbled the session shot or closed or whatever you do when you gable it over. I don't see a problem with this, but he says that he thinks it's unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: Might be in what way?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just heard.
Speaker 4: I've heard that as I'm hearing this story, that it could be unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the first argument anybody throws up? It's like, oh, that's unconstitutional? Oh how because of the Constitution.
Speaker 4: I could see though, where it would lead to a or could lead to a slippery slope where they're saying, well, new moms can vote remotely, Well, then why can't we vote remotely?
Speaker 3: I broke my leg or something like that.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden, all the senators are working remotely, and not senators but representatives. So maybe they don't want to open that door.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they just say for anybody pregnant and then oh wow, men can get pregnant now right.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, if you only did it, if you were pregnant, then it would be discriminatory against men.
Speaker 2: Hmm, well no, men can I have babies?
Speaker 3: Can they?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm told.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Well no, but if you were, if you're trans and you didn't get your inner parts taken out, think about it. If you are a woman born biologically a woman, but you transition to a man, but you still have your other stuff, you could make a baby.
Speaker 4: In that, just like Arnold Schwarzenegger and ju what was that is it called? That was the cutest movie.
Speaker 2: It's the baby in the air, get to the top of you get some whole milk. Uh teaching his little kid. It's not what's in the ear, it's what's in the ear all right side, just have developed a device that can translate thought about speech into spoken word in real time.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's freaky, it's huge.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy, right see. So here's the thing. There are adaptive devices that will sort of translate, but there's a delay. You're talking real time now. This new study described testing the device on a forty seven year old woman who couldn't speak for eighteen years after a stroke, and they implanted this in her brain during surgery as part of a clinical trial, and it converts her intent to speak into fluent sentences. Just think if you put this on your wife and said, is everything okay? And she goes fine, and it goes well, You're not fine. You leave your underwear all over the place? Are everywhere the lawn needs to be mode Mike safety marriage All right, Neil Savedra, this is KFI AM six forty heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app