Speaker 1: Hold on. The audio always stops for some reason, but it probably picked this up. Welcome Clippers fans to kind of a surprise Thursday Happy Hour stream on Clips and Dip. I am Chuck Mockler joined by Adam Olson. William Uppick should be here in just a few who If you're listening to this, you're gonna hear us be very excited on stream. If you miss the live hang, you can find us at YouTube dot com slash at Clippers podcast. This is the final stream before some combination of us go live on Tuesday. Is my best guess before the Clippers pick fifth. Adam, how are you feeling? I'm a new and unfamiliar version of excited for this, this new era and the new season of the pod, which starts at the draft.
Speaker 2: Most importantly, that's when we start our new season as soon as Out of Silver holds up out the Clippers card.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit irritated with how many reports and just people that want to act like they're in the know and smoke screens. You get as if anybody really has a pipeline to the Clippers and knows exactly what they're going to do.
Speaker 3: Like some of the stuff.
Speaker 2: I like Jake Fisher, but he's like, oh, they're looking at this guy. They're working out who was the head reasons you could.
Speaker 1: Talk about it, Brandon Burry's he impressed the Clippers staffers.
Speaker 2: But they're also also looking at McHale. Brown Junior is like, nothing's definitive. Everything gives them an out in case somebody else gets paid there. I'm ready for the draft to happen because there's way too much speculation.
Speaker 1: I am ready for the draft to happen. I cannot wait. People are nervous. I'm nervous, but in an excited way. There's there's not none of the reported guys who were gonna be there at five are anyone where I'm like, well, if we pick that guy, we're absolutely screwed and we made the wrong decision.
Speaker 2: A lot of like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, but we just won't know for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess there's just no major red flags, you know what I'm saying, Like, there's no one where it's like maybe the back thing with NBJ, but he's you know, past all the conditioning stuff as you've talked about. Yeah, but yeah, like there's no one who I'm gonna be like, unless we do what will supposedly once, which is take the excellent five, I might freak.
Speaker 2: Out then, But big X, Yeah, hey, if they trade back for him, I wouldn't freak out. Same with A I wouldn't freak out. Even if they did take Burr's at five, I wouldn't freak out. I would be a little bit like, wait a second, could we have gotten something more for him? I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Burri's at five. I would be like, Well, I was saying I was high in at the beginning of this, so I really hope this works out selfishly, But yeah, I mean I like Burris's game. I think the ceiling isn't as high as some of the other guys there, but I think he slots into the team. Well, yeah, there's a lot of bones saw twenty eight saying Kevin O'Connors and the Clippers are trading back. We've heard he he he's reported a lot lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's all over the place.
Speaker 1: He's also reported that the Clippers still really want Kawhi or the Warriors still really want Kawhi. Saw that which great send us a better trade offer?
Speaker 3: Starts with two first, Yeah, it starts.
Speaker 1: With two first.
Speaker 2: I Like, you know, I brought up Nate Ahmen before, and if you do trade back and end up with two picks and you use one on him, I would not hate that. I think that's one of the more intriguing guys in this draft, just because he came into the year so high on draft boards and then kind of at a down year in a down tournament. But the talent and uniqueness to his game is there.
Speaker 1: So this has been brought up a lot because of Alex Web brought up ament could a Kauhi trade be coming because Nate Amt was reportedly brought in.
Speaker 2: Teams work out like fifteen guys around their draft spot.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think projecting based off of workouts is foolish when you look back at past drafts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I don't think it means a Kawhi trade is I don't. I don't know. Again, the Warriors offer has to be good.
Speaker 3: Kawai has to want to go. They're not going to just send him out.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna assumedly have some kind of plan in place for an extension with the team that he goes to. I don't think kaw is just gonna risk being a restricted free agent like.
Speaker 3: Or an unrestricted on a expiring deal this year.
Speaker 1: Right, hey madeir saying Kawhi for two first round picks and Butler's contract is fair. Yeah, great if it's this, it's one of those. Is this year's awesome? Like, I mean, it'd be weird.
Speaker 3: But do they have eleven? I want to say that around there.
Speaker 2: I definitely consider it, but I think you have to do right by Kawhi in this situation.
Speaker 1: They do have eleven?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's Nate Allman territory.
Speaker 1: It is territory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was a good player, like I we just like, if you get Yoxel around that range, cool. I think it might make more sense for a team that's more ready to compete right away.
Speaker 1: And a team that needs bigs. We need bigger guys. La Murray put out a great free gift article on The Athletic Today that brought up a good point. He laid it out that they need help at every position.
Speaker 3: Good news or bad news is right, they need.
Speaker 1: Help at every position. So yeah, I don't know, there's been there's the the like Jalen Brown scuttle butt that like came from a rumor that the Clippers would be this third team to get in on this huge deal with you. Honest, we would get Jalen Brown.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like Dylan Brown.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how much sense it makes because if you're getting him, you're paying him what seventy million at the end of his contract, Like you better be competing immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just can't. I don't see it happening.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, there was another report that said they're not They're not going to give up the fifth pick. I would be surprised if they gave up the fifth pick at this point for anything but more picks or for or for trading forward upwards, Like if they're trading with whoever has four because that person doesn't care and they want a cuff and the Clippers want Caleb Wilson.
Speaker 3: That's one thing.
Speaker 2: But for a player at this point on a huge contract, that'd be kind of surprising to me.
Speaker 1: And you know, with the Apron, it would have to be some kind of and but you know, the Clippers aren't one guy away, like one big trade. It's like we're right there. It's like, no, there's a bunch of growing bands our center.
Speaker 2: If it's some precursor to something else going on Okay, but I think that's a little bit of far fetched or not within the realm of possibility at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also when I mentioned that, I just said that the center rotation is trash. I mean until Yannick is back, you hurt Yanick, the center rotation is very bad right now. The one thing that I do kind of believe is that it's been around for a minute. It's that the Kings want a Cuff. Matt George has been reporting on that for like since before, well before workouts and stuff like, they've had people at his gay.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those things that since they got the seventh pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an A Cuff reportedly wants to go to the Kings, which I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if I can buy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he knows they will focus around him and he'll give you gaining the star treatment and he will be looked at as the savior of the franchise. Maybe that's where the thought process is coming from, why he'd wanted to go to the Kings.
Speaker 1: You're the guy. Someone in the chat is saying the Spurs did not have a growing period. They tanked for two years.
Speaker 3: They had three straight top five picks, but.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I mean it is weird to hear anyone say they want to go to the Kings. That is a surprising thing to hear from a guy.
Speaker 3: Hey, Alex Dime stole that from me, all right.
Speaker 2: I went on locked on, and I was supposed to talk about I was supposed to talk about how I wanted a cuff, and by the time I did a.
Speaker 3: Little research to get ready.
Speaker 2: For the show, I was like, actually, I'm gonna throw a rench to your plans here, Dom. I kind of like, is it Mike Klee Brown Junior because I've heard that as well.
Speaker 3: Now and I'm not sure which one to go with.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to lock that in. We could probably look up some highlights right now if we wanted to that. So that is who I would. I'm hype four or five as Brown as MBJ. I want. I want that. That's I'm fine with all the options that we've heard. That's the one that I really want though.
Speaker 3: Selfishly smart man, I can be talked out of it pretty easily now. People.
Speaker 2: The last day was more Keaton Woggler smoke, and I started to think more about that and why that would be and some of that makes sense too.
Speaker 3: I I am not, you know, firm on any of these guys.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for whoever they draft, and I think there's a lot of arguments to be made for each of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Woggler's fallen off a lot of people's boards. It's really just seems to be the athleticism thing. But this is also what happens right as the draft talk goes. You focus on five guys for months, and it's so much easier to pick out things they might be bad at.
Speaker 2: You really melt your brain like it is draft brain rot going through all of this and sleepless nice of thinking it should be this guy and then that guy, because I've gone from we start with Woggler and then I went to a cuff and now I'm Michael Brown Junior.
Speaker 3: I like Lemmings a lot.
Speaker 2: I think he could be the guy just because the process that he had to play with at Houston and Kelvin Sampson and the mid range is already there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he's one of the better.
Speaker 2: Athletes, and he's probably the best playmaker slash two way player of the bunch of those guys.
Speaker 3: And he might be the youngest. He is the youngest.
Speaker 1: That's what I like, like the two way thing. And I'm sure it's because we just watched you know, you watched thunder Spurs and you see incredibly good young defensive guards, and you watched the Spurs for some of the time play really good defense against the Kings from the guard spot, and so that I've been enamored with that. I think I've probably weighed that too heavily. But I'm like, is he gonna be able to not contribute right away on defense? Because I think that is such a hard thing to learn as a rookie. But is he going to start? Yeah? Is he gonna learn? Is he gonna get into the groove as the season goes and start at like a okay ish spot because very few guys come in ready to play NBA level defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on the smaller side, and.
Speaker 2: I mean height wise, he's taller than a Cuff. His wingspan isn't huge, but I don't know. The playmaking is really strong and he's the only one with Hey Acuff has some of this too, But like he is a mid range specialist, which I like because I feel like the other stuff you work so much on in today's game with analytics with three and he can get downhill. They had two bigs at Houston, so it kind of cramped the pain a little bit. But he's explosive. He's really good in the open court. Like I expect the three to be there, or at least you to be working on that. Uh. Not many guys, you know, come in with a mid range where he shot forty six percent off a pull up.
Speaker 1: Two's nothing to sneeze at, James saying, I wouldn't be mad at acuff, but then Garland is gone, so that is something there was what was the line in Law's piece today? He said something very funny. He said, why I'm concerned with? Uh? He had why I'm concerned for a cuff? He said, how many small guards named Darius do you need? That's pretty funny. Well, Darius, that would pos an that would make the Clippers have some questions. I don't think he would be gone immediately, but I think it's something where you got to see because you can't run two guards that small, no matter how good your offense.
Speaker 2: I mean, when I was most excited about a cuff, I was saying, bring him off the bench. That's not a problem in his first year and let him learn and he can still play twenty minutes a game off the bench or whatever. I'm not making my draft decision based upon Darius Garland. I'm taking the best player for the future because Darius Garland still have question marks himself and he's about to turn twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we don't know long term.
Speaker 1: Acuff off the bench is cool because he can be the focal point. Yeah, it's really hard to go from being I mean sure, his usage rate is one of the highest of all time in college, you know, and then they like, all right, now play the two next to a guy who also needs a ball in his hand, Like, no, you gotta transition into some of that.
Speaker 2: I would guess the guy who would definitely be gone if they brought an Acuff his Mathron. Yeah. I don't see how a Cuff can grow as a young player coming off the bench and also doing so with Benedict Mathrin and his ISO play.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you develop him that way.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, if you're considering now two guys that Acuff effects Scarland and the possibility of restricted free agent Bendic Mathern, does that wagh more heavily on your team or are you still just saying best player available? But is it if there isn't a clear cut best player available, that's where you get into these conversations where you can talk yourself into this guy. If there's just slight differences or you feel like their ceilings are pretty close to where they could be eventually actualized at the NBA level, then maybe you just go with a guy who fits a little bit better because you think best player is kind of a toss up.
Speaker 1: A toss up and you're still committed to that thing the Clippers want to do, which is win basketball games.
Speaker 3: And you know what I mean, like, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Have no interest in not winning games? Have you? There was someone who has been commenting on our YouTube whose name I will pull up right now, but they've been kind of pestering us, and I say, immediately to a great they've been commenting at us to talk about some second round guys because the Clippers do have two second round picks. I have three guys that I have picked out, and I'll tell you what I think I'm gonna I think two of them are going to second round picks are impossible to like, you can kind of say anybody other than like the top forty guys, everything below top forty. I think you can just kind of we have like the fifty second pick, right, we have thirty six, we have thirty six and fifty two.
Speaker 2: Thirty six is coming from Cleveland, I believe, so, or is that Indiana?
Speaker 1: Let me look?
Speaker 3: Or is that us?
Speaker 2: No, it's not us, regardless. I haven't done much research on going that deep into the draft, so well, you better trap in, dude.
Speaker 3: Is that Wednesday Night round?
Speaker 1: I think it's from Memphis?
Speaker 3: But is it through one of the trades with Indiana Cleveland?
Speaker 1: From the Canard trade via Oh.
Speaker 3: It's going back to that and Jack has left the chat?
Speaker 1: I lost connection? Am I back?
Speaker 3: You're back?
Speaker 1: There we go? Was that from the No? Never mind, No, we have the own pick, but the Nets will receive the less favorable of the Clippers twenty twenty six second round and two most favorable of Boston's. That's from something, dude, we have it. I'm putting this in the chat. This is so funny.
Speaker 3: Hold on going genealogy of the pick, dude.
Speaker 1: Look how long this is?
Speaker 3: That's a lot? Okay, whatever, we got shuck, so we got.
Speaker 1: Ugana. Oh yan Waiso. He went to Virginia. He's seven feet two forty five. Watch his tape. Three blocks a game his senior year while also not fouling a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, which is back uponic in the future.
Speaker 1: Something people rave. He played a great game against Duke. He had a huge block in that game. The people like, go, that's crazy at fifty two. If he falls that far, go eat some minutes and make life hard for the other big. I love this pick. He's gigantic. He can block, like he needs to learn to rebound a little bit better, but I like it. He plays good defense. What more do you want in the third center?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I generally highlights on the rundown that I sent.
Speaker 3: I I was at a medical thing, mourn me.
Speaker 2: I generally like taking bigs late with high upside because they also tend to have a higher floor. It's like it's it's harder to judge, and it's kind of just like you could end up with a guy who's serviceable pretty easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's I'll throw some highlights on. I'm gonna mute it because they take our money. But he like he has the size is there. He's obviously the largest guy on the court, discipline, discipline, get out of here?
Speaker 3: Was that a double dribble? It looked like you pick up the dribble and put it on the floor and they got rejected.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the other thing. Guys would cheat against him.
Speaker 3: That's how scared there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were so good. Yeah, I like this pick. I think it would be very fun. It would just be kind of fun. He would definitely be fun to watch in summer league because he would just be trying to block the hell.
Speaker 3: Out of the hole. I think. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nick Martinelli from Northwestern six seven to twenty five shooting guard, small forward uh twenty three points per game last season to twenty point seasons in a row for just over three point three to three point at times of game, So the form is there. Loves the mid range, unreal mid range shooter, excellent scorer on touch shots, ranking in the eighty eighth percentile of efficiency on these attempts per Synergy. He can make the extra pass in the post, He fights for offensive rebounds, good footwork, The flyer's there. The flyer is there for Nick Martinelly.
Speaker 3: We're popping the Martin Ellie's if they get him.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, did I put a tape on here too. No, I just link to a scouting report and then the last one. Jaden Bradley, teammate of Brandon Burry's at Arizona, six five point guard, shooting guard. He's twenty three, so I think that helps his chances with the Clippers giving him a look. He's an older guy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He averaged thirteen points three and a half boards for assists as a senior. He was the Big twelve Player of the Year. He relies more on skill than athleticism. He's solid on the defensive end. He can generate turnovers with anticipation.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that is as a late pick. Those are my three guys that are my one locks to be picks for the Clippers in the second round.
Speaker 2: Stone Cold lead Pipe los lock it in. Dude, you're gonna hear this from Kevin O'Connor.
Speaker 1: Did you look at anyone in the second round? Have you even thought about it? It's fair if you haven't, because I hadn't until three days ago.
Speaker 2: I genuinely I didn't watch much college basketball till the tournament started at all.
Speaker 3: I just can't fake it going that far.
Speaker 1: Rarely draft.
Speaker 3: Like seeh big on.
Speaker 2: The tournament, but you know, I I can't watch regular season. It's just a slog outside. Duke unc is like, whose who cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a rough watch, dude.
Speaker 2: The two threason is hard to watch and they're not great shooters, but the tournament one game elimination makes it easy. So I I really I'm college basketball casual and I'm kind of just under the mindset of whoever they draft. I'll do a deep dive on then because I don't want to have to run through thirty different guys that I didn't watch.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm reading some of the second round draft mocks. I'm like, I don't know if it's the Lord's work those people are putting in, but it's some kind of work because it's just.
Speaker 3: Like this, Like what do you mean like college basketball sikos?
Speaker 1: Dude? The pool is just so large. Set your handle giving us our version of the hook, which is dip time. Did you bring a dip at him? It's a short week, so if you don't have one, I think it's it can be excused.
Speaker 3: I have one?
Speaker 1: Would you?
Speaker 3: I don't know if it will compete with my last two?
Speaker 1: Oh, we should sorry before we get into it. If you're new to the show. The show's name is Clips and Dip. In the off season, just in the off season, we bring a dip on and either make it. We either make a dip or buy a dip, and then we judge if we would bring it to a barbecue. Usually we get all of our dips are good choices. But that is that's what we do here, only in the off season.
Speaker 2: Okay, Adam, go ahead, because those of the doctors and I'm I'm supposed to not drive right now. I had to check the fridge and see what I could concoct here and h thirds out after going with tostitos cheese a couple of weeks ago and then last week to Potle's wacamoli.
Speaker 3: My either go to.
Speaker 2: Chibani zero sugar mixed berry. That's yogurt yogurt dip. If dunkeruse could do it, so could I?
Speaker 1: All right, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'll take the dip casual.
Speaker 1: That's a good Uh. If Dunkers can do it, so can I as good? Would you bring that to a barbecue as a dip?
Speaker 2: Like, Hey, guys, you want to get your probiotics in. This is good for your gut health here before you eat all that through it the barbecue. This will this will set your ride and make you feel good tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't, saying it sounds like you're kind of trying to sell it to the people at the barbecue.
Speaker 3: Hard cell, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's a no on that one.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 1: Kettle brand crinkle cut pink salt chips with taking inspo from what Will did last week. Everything and the low ta Greek style yogurt dip.
Speaker 3: Is that from it is?
Speaker 1: I went as gringo as I could possibly go before this Mexico match, which was go to Trader Joe's and buy in a low tase style dip. Ray is giving. I would bring this to the barbecue. This is a good yp. Ray's giving you the red card. Pablo Tory needs to investigate Adam's dipp decisions. Per Alex Webb, he does follow me, shar Is saying, no, girt, Pablo follows you.
Speaker 2: After I did an episode called Adam Finds Out, Uh, he started following me the day.
Speaker 3: The next day.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have you on the pod.
Speaker 3: I feel like that would end up with me getting fired.
Speaker 1: It's just freaking out.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Do we have any final thoughts on this draft? I just I'm like you, I want it to get here. I'm tired of seeing reports. I don't know who to trust other than the players themselves when they talk about workouts.
Speaker 2: Is he's saying yogurt not in a cup? Is a dip like dips coming cups? Why is the cup the problem here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dips can come in cups. What is this but a flat cup?
Speaker 3: I am exhausted with the Clippers are working out this guy? What about this guy?
Speaker 2: And people who are already stands of certain players before they have stepped on an NBA court is wild to me? If we don't take a cup, I'm crashing out and I'm done with the Clippers. Like this is Come on, guys, let's relax here, h It is a crapshoot. Still, we're gonna do all this analysis and then it's gonna take two or three years to find out if that guy can actually be a quality NBA player. And that could mean an All Star or a role player, contributor or a superstar.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris Dunn was drafted fifth.
Speaker 2: I would take the more I watch off Camboose or if he fell, I would take him at this point with.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude. So if anything, I'm I kind of think the Jazz or the Bulls are going to do something weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know what, but I think something weird is going to happen with the Bulls, and one of those top four guys is maybe gonna fall to the Clippers and they'll be like, wait, what the hell?
Speaker 2: I think there's I put it in like a thirty percent chance that one of the supposed locked in top four guys drops out of it.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I totally agree, and maybe.
Speaker 3: Then it makes it real easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true. Maybe the Kings move up even further than people will think.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying like, yeah, that is definitely a possibility, especially when you don't know, like we don't know who Washington for sure is going to take. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other thing, here's a new here's another thing that annoys me. Sorry, because we've been kind of talking about it the whole like he's only working out. He canceled his workout.
Speaker 3: Did that?
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, great, yeah, move on.
Speaker 2: Danny Ainge does not care. Yeah either, as his Son or any of the ages. Uh, they will take you anyways. They don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm just smart. Stump is saying, Caleb Wilson, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, Stump is saying, surprise, there's no Calshi with the Clippers fifth round pick. I bet if you look, there is.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, you think Stump hasn't already looked like ten times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stump, he's locked in. They're locked in. Oh yeah, I wanted to get here. I'm excited. Are you going to the viewing party that's going to be it? Into it?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know. I uh, I'm open to whatever comes about.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about production stuff on the air here for scheduling.
Speaker 1: I think. Uh, I've been watching some episodes of Curb lately, and I think that's why I thought had this fun. The idea in my head was everyone showing up to the draft party and then they just like trade down to like thirteen.
Speaker 3: Like they like trade out completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just kind of like, oh, what the hell, Like.
Speaker 3: We got five seconds guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm excited though, because I do. Yeah, something weird is gonna happen in that top four. It's gonna be three or four. I think one or two is probably locked in.
Speaker 3: But I think somebody's taken a cup there. I do too.
Speaker 1: Man, it's just like the buzz is growing.
Speaker 2: People are far too confident in who the top four is and who the next tier is after that. Yeah, teams could analyze this stuff completely differently than the draft experts and the mock draft guys, like, we have no idea what their boards are going to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, him, if he said it turns into a Jalen Brown welcome party, Yeah, that would be like just the most what a nightmare? Yeah, that'll be if anyone goes to the watch party, obviously, let us know how it is, or let me know because I will not be there. They're watching them. Comfortability of my own home. Him, if he's not convinced something weird happens, Kawi is too happy in Soko. That's fair. That does seem fair?
Speaker 3: Does it look like?
Speaker 2: Also, he's on vacation right now. Have you seen some of those clips water ski Yeah, don't wakeboard thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't like that. But so, yeah, he's doing good.
Speaker 3: Could you really move him right down?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Did you already tell the Clippers his wishes before he left.
Speaker 1: Really funny. I'm going on vacation. By the way, here's the place if you were to trade me, here's the places I'd.
Speaker 2: Like to go.
Speaker 3: I guess twy six you could probably reach out to get ahold of him.
Speaker 1: But uhai though I don't know, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kawi goes off the grid.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. Yeah, he has a flip phone. He's got the jitterbug phone for sure. Oh, I went to Greece.
Speaker 3: That's where it was.
Speaker 1: Ray Are you with him?
Speaker 3: Who puts up? Who runs the social media? I heard it was his sister or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got some questions about the aspiration stuff. We don't know.
Speaker 2: I kind of expect something in the next three days, Like I could see it like a news dump Friday type thing where they try to kill it after all the uh so all the morning shows don't get their fight on it till Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna wait. Yeah yeah, maybe I might be unavoidably detained tomorrow, but we'll go live if they get anything. I'm also just like, yeah, I kind of forgot about it.
Speaker 3: That's when it's gonna happen. It's exactly what it's gonna be expected.
Speaker 1: I need the eternal sunshine on the spotless mind myself.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what that means, but I love that movie when came out.
Speaker 1: All right, well the aspiration stuff. Hey, let's just hope for the.
Speaker 3: Best, right, I don't know what are we supposed to do? Yeah, freaking that's been hanging over our heads.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like, with how long this has taken, maybe Adam Silver should take that into is a possible disciplinary actions if there are any, Like why do the clippers have to wait nine months or however long it's been to birth this ruling, Like how is it possibly taking this long?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How? And Soilber sounded frustrated with it before the final started.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean they're paying the bill for what. I know, it's the NBA and there it's a billion dollar thing. But the money that this law firm is going to charge, which again I believe is the most expensive law firm in the United States or has the most bill about something like that is extraordinary.
Speaker 3: And so they're telling you that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that hurts them, but yes, rich people, the one thing you don't want. They don't want their money to be taken and they don't want to have to use it, and they're getting charged by.
Speaker 3: This law firm like billable hours. I understand that? Is it? Any read though?
Speaker 2: On if it was a slam dunk opening truck case, then UH probably wouldn't take this long, right. Maybe there's a lot of uh gray and uh difficult and understanding and sorting through all the evidence.
Speaker 1: And that guy already went to jail or he got sentenced. Like yeah, someone said, announce it during the the tm USA game on Friday. Perfect do it? Then, Adam, can we get one positive thing before we head out of here?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see drafts on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You know, I hadn't thought much about that pick thirty, and that could end up being a very valuable player in a very deep draft. Maybe I do need a deep dive on second round picks right now, because that could be basically a first round pick in other years. The thirty six pick this year could be like the twenty first pick in another year type thing.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm telling you, check out Martin Ellie. Check out Martin Ellie's game.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 1: Thank you to everyone on stream who hung out. We just to kind of a short one today. You all know who we want to draft. We know who most of you want to draft, and we will find out on Tuesday, some combination of us will be live. You can find the podcast itself anywhere you listen to pods. You can find the video version of us at YouTube dot com Slash at Clippers Podcast. Thank you as always for hanging out. And it's a new era for the Clippers in just a couple of days, so just have a good weekend. Let's try and not stress out.
Speaker 3: Jalen brown Era is here, damn it exactly.
Speaker 1: They're gonna trade him at the watch party. Thank you for hanging out, have a good one, and as always, let's go first.