Speaker 1: Oh Medal, that's are Oh, that are hello, and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and I am the Cajun Night and today we are going to be talking about Los Angeles, more specifically the underground living city of the tunnels in and around LA and all the controversy surrounding them. Basically, how do they get started? When did the digging really get kicking? And then we're gonna go into the more obscure conversations, the organized crime. We're gonna talk about the oil industry that's booming in LA. We're gonna talk about the lizard people. Yes, we're going there. We're also going to talk about Elon Musk because he has just dug a new tunnel in LA. We're gonna talk about the Starbucks barista from underground, all the things, all the things. I'm actually really excited about this episode, be honest with you, but not as excited as I am about the gift that Raven Lee and I just received from Kim from Kim's damn it Cozy Loops. I was gonna say cozy knotsbound, like that's not it. I know it's not it.
Speaker 2: Cozy Loops.
Speaker 1: Kim loops. If y'all want to see this, first of all, you got to go to the Patreon. I'll give that plug in a second. But Kim, longtime listener of the show, Patreon supporter, cult member Throwing, actually knitted Raven Lee and I like figures of ourselves. She knitted me a Cajun knight with a sword and shit, y'all, a shield with a Florida Lee the backwards hat, and I get it because my face and hair and beard and everything. She pretty much had to make it look like he's wearing a backle butt. Look, I ain't mad at it. I'm not mad as so much hair, So like, I get it. But like the fucking cape, the armor, this.
Speaker 3: Little knobs that she like detailed the little knobs of the armor on the knees and and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is incredible, Kim, thank you so much for these gifts. I'm going to put it behind me in the studio, probably somewhere between the helmets or something like that. But it's not going to be a today thing because I wanted to be able to get it close enough to the camera to showcase it, like the amount of skill and the amount of time that this must have taken. I you know, I'm afraid to even guesstimate here, but needless to say, Kim has been a Cult member for quite a while.
Speaker 2: So we've had some awesome gifts.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Dirty Sanjez, Timmy two Toes for his epic all his cool shit that he's made, the pyramid and everything. Also Nelson with Flavors of the Forest for sending us all sorts of goodies.
Speaker 2: Also Royce for making me this epic situation back here behind my head.
Speaker 3: Who else? I'm trying to remember everybody. I think I got everybody so far, I'm not sure we've had. Yeah, we've gotten some really awesome stuff from everybody, and we thank you guys so much for you guys' support.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and also speaking of Nelson Flavors of the Forest of If you want to get your own big Foot Breath, go to Lincoln the show notes below and can use promo code Cults at checkout for fifteen percent off your order, and he sends us all kinds of awesome goodies. He just sent us rocks, lots of rocks. Well for Raven Lee the rocks, but he also sent us both some some printed ar mags that were fucking.
Speaker 3: They were so cool and honestly, we were trying to like fight over them. I think my apron is like one of my favorite things too. The apron's sick as fuck.
Speaker 1: The leather apron. It's almost like it feels like a blacksmith's apron, but it's full, it does. It's fucking dope. So yeah, Nelson's a homie. The mushrooms that he sent us, I still haven't cooked with them yet. I need to. I feel it's okay.
Speaker 3: When I have my all my display up, I'll have all the gifts up and stuff, because man, there are so many cool things and I love it. Honestly, I just I'm a gift giver. That's a that's my love language. So like when I get gifts, I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And Kim actually made raven that a raven as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she made me a raven.
Speaker 3: My children have commedyered it because they have sticky fingers and they're like, what is this?
Speaker 2: What is this.
Speaker 3: Epic, cute, adorable raven? Yeah, my child snatched that. I knew she was gonna see it, and she snatched that right up and I was like, oh my god, it's for me.
Speaker 2: I was like, what not fucking for you?
Speaker 3: You know, I probably won't even see it again to the lad day. She'll have it hidden away with all of her little treasures.
Speaker 1: So dude, whenever we get to the news studio space, we're gonna have to just flip her room to find it because that goes in the studio.
Speaker 2: But anyway, right, no, I want to make a little like wired nest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ooh that would be pretty cool, right. So anyway, we love all our cult members. Thank y'all for the insane amount of gifts that y'all send, the insane amount of support that y'all give us. If y'all want to send us things to our PO box, Raven knows it because I don't so like it's.
Speaker 3: PO Box one one four Prairieville, Louisiana, seven zero seven sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Label it cult a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: That's the one unless you're doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matter the size of the box they give us, like a little ticket.
Speaker 2: Just hit me though.
Speaker 3: If you are sending us something, please message me on one of the platforms. I will look at the messages and so that way, I just know because I don't always go and check the mail every day, and so I don't want to miss it or they think I'm dead again.
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That was fucking hilarious, Like, okay, for the rest that we.
Speaker 2: Were both dead, and I was like, well, for.
Speaker 1: The record, okay, most of the content creators, we'll go and check your PO box once a month and they will get all the things and they'll make a big thing about opening the things in the PO box. We don't go and check for three weeks and they just assume, yeah, well they're dead now. So it's like, I'm sorry the fuck.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's the post.
Speaker 1: Here to my house every day.
Speaker 2: What the I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a vibe, but yeah, just let me know. If you guys are Patreon members. I check the Patreon messages really frequently. We have all sorts of fun tabs up right now. Burke Burke, what was he saying? Book Nerds?
Speaker 2: That's what I was trying to say.
Speaker 1: Well, all the old YouTube people know Burkes, I know. That's all I heard.
Speaker 2: Well, that was the whole vibe that just happened.
Speaker 3: I got the we got the book Nerd Club, we got the fat kids at AKA the Recipe Club, but we also have the Manic Teer Private Messaging and Stef and I also check all the other ones as well.
Speaker 2: Jacob does too, but not as much as me.
Speaker 1: So and if you want to be a part of that, and also see these amazing knitted art pieces that our Homegirl cult member Supreme Kim sent to us, and also all the videos that we're going to be showing this episode, the articles talking about the La tunnels. The what you to do is go to patreon dot com slash cult to Conspiracy Podcast. It is the only place to get the videos of our episodes, but also it is the only place to get these shows. Absolutely, commercial suck. Ads suck. We know that. And you've been listening for a few minutes now, so you've probably gotten the opening commercials. You're probably about to get another commercial break right now. Kick those ads out of here. Come support us directly over at Patreon. But that's for that lower tier. If you go to that next tier up, that third eye all the way open tier, you'll also get to join us every Tuesday night for our cult member live events. They're always a fun, unhinged fiasco where we talk about in everything that the cult members want to talk about. It's always a blast. We thoroughly enjoy our Tuesday nights. We talk a lot about food. We talk about food, we talk about things, just stuff, just things. But anyway, come join us for our Tuesday night cult member lives. But also that top tier, that Manic Tier. If you go there, you will get everything I've just listened, but you will also be receiving exclusive merchandise mail directly to you from us as a massive token of our appreciation for you supporting us in this way. This merch will never be available in any online store or anything like this. This is only for the top tier cult members of the Manic Type. But also you'll be receiving an exclusive episode once a month that y'all get to choose. Honestly, we take a poll, We ask the Manic Tier members what do y'all want us to go on next. We take votes and they decide what we shoot on. We just did one about the Great Wall of China and it was fun. I thought it was a blast.
Speaker 4: It's a really interesting episode. Honestly, Yeah, a lot of things. I think a lot of people don't really know about the Great Wall and all the things. But it's got so much controversy around because the Internet be Internet, and it was a fun one.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great. So if you want to do that, get a part of it, man, come join us over at Patreon. Also, we are still running the promo. If you sign up for the entire year of whatever tier doesn't matter, you will get twenty five percent off. You do the math on that. That is three months free. Find me another group, another content creation group that is offering as much content as we do in our channel between us, our affiliates and everything that is offering you this type of value for that price. I challenge you, and if you can find one, dm us, I would love to know which one it is. Not, so I got to start shading. No, I genuinely want to know. So we could probably reach out to these people and become homies. Beside the points, we're doing the most that we can for you are cult members, because honestly, we work for you. Everybody listening to this on the Spotify, on the Apple podcast, on the wherever you're listening, we genuinely do what we do for you, and we want to hear more feedback from you. So, without any further ado let's get to the LA Tunnels. All right, So we are actually going to start off because this guy, this YouTube channel called its History, did a bang up job of explaining the backstory here, the official narrative, if you will, of how the LA Tunnels came to be, when they were started to really get you know, dug out and for what purpose and all these things, and I think that you know what, give credit where credits due. Go check them out its History on YouTube, and let's learn together cult members about these LA Tunnels.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to a time before Los Angeles became the sprawling metropolis it is today. You see, back then, it faced significant challenges due to its geography. For more context, in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, much of downtown was surrounded by hills like Bunker Hill in Fort Moore Hill, where wealthy families lived in mansions and exclusive neighborhoods. However, as the streetcar system grew and new suburbs like Hollywood emerged, these hills became a barrier to infrastructure development, limiting the city's growth. Merged, these hills became a barrier to infrastructure development, limiting the city's growth and expansion north and west. One major challenge came down to the fact that street cars which connected downtown with the suburbs couldn't really climb steep hills, so they had to go all the way around them. As an effect of this, traveling was unpleasant, with the routes prolonged and crowded when heading towards the rapidly growing areas of the city like Hollywood or Glendale. So naturally, engineers and urban planners of the time sought solutions to address this very issue, and it was then that they began to modify the terrain. So, with few alternatives to solving the city's traffic problem, underground tunnels became an indispensable solution for improving mobility within Los Angeles. One of the first was Hill Street Tunnel, inaugurated in nineteen oh nine, with construction dating back to nineteen oh seven, led by the Pacific Electric Railway, the electric streetcar company that connected Los Angeles to its suburbs. This project was funded by the one and only Henry E. Huntington. Anyhow, it was built with the Red cars in mind, which made up the largest streetcar network in the world back then, spanning over one thousand miles of track in its prime, and hence the Hill Street Tunnel, which was approximately two thousand, six hundred feet in length, was excavated to allow street cars to pass through the hill and avoid the surface traffic. Although much of the work was manual, excavation technologies already included using dynamite to break down rocks, as well as steam powered excavation equipment to move the displaced materials. After two years of work, the tunnel was complete. This tunnel was crucial for connecting downtown Los Angeles to growing areas like Hollywood and Glendale, and effectively reduced travel time by approximately fifteen minutes, a significant saving. This tunnel also allowed street cars to pass directly under the hills instead of circling around them, making the journey much faster and efficient. It also happened to reduce street congestion, which was becoming an issue with the increased number of automobiles in the city growing by the day. At that time, Other vital tunnels were also excavated, such as the Fourth Street Tunnel, which connected downtown with the western part of the city, Whereas in Bunker Hill, in addition to leveling parts of the hill, additional tunnels were constructed to facilitate streetcar movement in rugged terrain, and like Magic, Los Angeles expanded into new residential and commercial areas. However, while tunnels like the Hill Street and Fourth Street were excavated for streetcar transport, another lesser known network began to take shape beneath downtown. The Los Angeles City Administration and various private entities such as banks, commissioned the construction of other tunnels to facilitate the transportation of sensitive things like money, important documents, and even prisoners.
Speaker 1: I did want to make a mention at this point so I can understand why they started the first tunnel, especially, and I know you might be thinking to yourself, why was La becoming this growing metropolis. Hollywood wasn't the place for movies to be made like it is today, or it was in the Golden Age anyway, not at nineteen oh seven, right like when they first started construction on this tunnel. So you might be asking yourself, a cult member, why is it that La was growing so rapidly. And we're gonna get to that in a bit. It does, in fact involve crude oil and the insane oil and gold. Insane drilling operation, and we're gonna get to that in a bit. But all right, the first couple of tunnels for transit purposes, okay, completely understand that, no no red flags on the play just yet. And then almost immediately they get into this, they start building tunnels for transportation of money, of prisoners, of important documents, whatever the case. And it was like a, now we're starting to tiptoe into the potentials of some funck shit going on as to why these tunnels are built.
Speaker 3: Well, remember though, because the other cities that we've discussed though, had already established tunnel systems prior to LA's tunnel system, right, and we know that people were already down there because the gold Rush brought people all across the entirety of California. So you know, it's taken things out of the book of San Francisco, out of Portland, out of Seattle, you know, Santa Barbara, they have them.
Speaker 2: They're all over the place.
Speaker 3: So we haven't touched on every single tunnel system in California, but there is well established tunnels and underground cities throughout the entirety of the state.
Speaker 2: So absolutely I could see them doing this just like everything else.
Speaker 1: Was Los Angeles, and forgive me for any of our West Coast listeners here, LA doesn't or there wasn't a lot of gold found there, correct, I mean there may be some, but it's not like San Francisco. I completely understand. It's the closest port to the Sierra Nevada were again.
Speaker 3: Because I'm pretty sure that LA found the biggest one, right, like outside of LA. If they have the biggest Eureka, right, Eureka was found there.
Speaker 1: That okay, I think, let me.
Speaker 2: Let me look it up for sure.
Speaker 1: I do love history, but the master of all things, I just as you're talking about the boom, like you said oil and gold, and I'm like, yeah, that makes sense. I'm like, wait a minute. Did LA have a quote unquote gold rush for actual gold or was it people that had made their money like decided to say.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and twelve pounds in the initial years which took which total historical gold production for all of Los Angeles County reached one hundred and nine thousand ounces almost one hundred and ten thousand ounces valued at two million.
Speaker 2: To four million in the nineteenth century.
Speaker 1: It's not that's not like bad by any means, but it's not the same as like we got from more up north.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm pretty positive that Eureka was found in was found in LA.
Speaker 1: Interesting like Eurka, I mean the first gold nugget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the biggest gold nugget I think it was the Eureka lemon was first found and propagated in LA in eighteen fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Got you okay? Fair So, yeah, you got a lemon sized nugget of gold. Yeah, people gonna come to find a little snippet of it, Yeah for sure. Okay, fair enough. But anyway, like I was saying, we could understand why they started the tunnel transit system and then private entities, banks and wealthy business people started digging their own tunnels for their own purposes. And of course, on the record, it was for transporting money and transporting official things from pointing in to point B without the dangers of going top side. But is that the only reason I think not?
Speaker 2: I accidentally got it wrong.
Speaker 3: Eureka was a different nugget that was found, the biggest nughugge it was found. It's called the Mahave nugget, which is similarly associated with Eureka, but that was found in nineteen seventy seven the Mohave Desert and it is like four point nine. It says one point one hundred and fifty six Troy ounces this is what it says.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so Eureka, though, is a part of it too, And I'm not really I glanced over that, so I didn't actually look at it. But the Mohave Nugget is housed in La so that's why it kind of got misconstruted.
Speaker 2: But yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 1: So that's that's a little bit of why the city started to grow so crazy. And we're going to talk more about the oil industry there and all that here in a moment. But like I'm saying, at this point, we start to see private equities started digging their own tunnels, and things kind of just got sideways from there, but let's continue.
Speaker 5: Unlike the extensive public transportation tunnels, these smaller ones weren't built to move passengers across the city. Rather, they were meant to fulfill critical administrative and logistical funktions. In particular, this secret network of tunnels connected critical areas of the civic center, where courts, jails, and banks were located. These underground routes also allowed daily operations to occur efficiently without crossing the crowded streets of downtown. Although much shorter and more complex than the tunnels built for streetcars, they were reinforced with concrete to insure stability, and hence the tunnels were gradually built connecting the buildings as the city expanded. Many of the entrances to these tunnels were hidden in the basements of buildings or beneath important structures, allowing easy and discrete access for those who used them well. The exact construction cost of this network was not well documented. They were likely part of a general expense associated with constructing buildings in the Civic Center and other private institutions downtown. By the nineteen twenties, it was estimated that there were around eleven miles of tunnel under the city of Los Angeles, particularly in the downtown area. What began as a solution to Los Angeles' geographic and traffic problems would soon evolve into a network of underground routes that shaped the city's transportation, but only to later play a role in its darker history.
Speaker 1: And now, of course, we get to the underbelly, to the crime, to the bootleggers, inter.
Speaker 5: Prohibition nineteen twenty, The nation underwent a drastic change with the implementation of prohibition, which made the production, sale, and transportation of alcohol totally illegal. As the country adjusted to this new reality, the underground of Los Angeles became the perfect refuge for those seeking to evade the law. With over eleven miles of underground passages, these tunnels were repurposed as secret right out for moving smuggled alcohol. The tunnels connected to hidden bars, known back then as speakeasies, a term which apparently comes from speaking quietly to avoid drawing attention. These places were discreete and often hidden behind the ordinary facades of legitimate businesses like restaurants, shops, or warehouses. Many were located in basements or behind concealed doors, whereas some were connected directly to the tunnels under the city, making it easier to move the alcohol and people around without detection. And they also had a very strong cultural impact, as speakeasies offered more than just illegal drinks. Many featured live music such as jazz, and attracted people from all walk of lives, ranging from ordinary citizens to celebrities and figures from organized crime. Some of the most famous venues included the King Eddie Saloon disguised as a piano store, and the Executive Coconut Grove at the Ambassador Hotel, which attracted stars like Frank's and Not and the Marx Brothers. We should also point out that skid Roll played a critical role in the alcohol smuggling that went on during prohibition. Located in the heart of downtown and not terribly far away from the port, this area facilitated the illegal transportation of liquor that arrived on ships. The alcohol was offloaded and discreetly moved through a network of underground tunnels once it approached skid Row. Many bars and warehouses here had secret entrances to these tunnels, which not only provided safe access to alcohol, but also offered quick escape routes in case of raids. Additionally, since this was a somewhat marginal area, police surveillance in skid Row was said to be less strict than in other parts of the city, allowing speakeasies to operate with less risk of being discovered. And it needs to be emphasized that organized crime played a central role in running this network, controlling the smuggling and ensuring the operation of secret bars at the same time, corruption within the police and local politicians helped mini the number of rates, meaning over time, these tunnels became the center of corruption that dominated prohibition era Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: They weren't so all right, like we're like we've already discussed of course prohibition. We got bootleggers, rum runners if you want to call them whatever, that are smuggling things directly from the port through tunnels to skid Row, which if you look at the map that was just on screen there that is not a quick jaunt on land, let alone below the surface. So yeah, this was a very intricate network. There is officially an estimated eleven miles of tunnels, but unofficially, I mean, your guess is as good as mine, honestly, I mean that is I mean, especially with skid Row, has always been like you're saying, a bit of a you know, a grimy areas of the cops really kind of turned the other way, especially with the corruption that was going on at that time. But there we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, skid Road is just absolutely horrific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which we're going to talk about that more towards the end of the episode, after we talk about Hugh Hefner and his underground tunnels from the Playboy mansion to celebrities. But before we get to that, let's talk a little bit more about what is under the ground of Los Angeles itself. Right, we do in fact mean oils oil wells, and these wells are actually being hidden in plain sight in Los Angeles. For anybody who does not know LA has I think it's like a trillion barrels of oil underneath it. And they have been extracting this for over one hundred years. And in the earlier days of LA there was no problem with seeing a bunch of drilling rigs just operating, because who the fuck cared. However, as the city grew up around it, they tried to find ways of hiding them.
Speaker 2: So here is buildings up around him.
Speaker 1: Yes, there, They've.
Speaker 2: Hid them inside of buildings.
Speaker 1: And now they are soundproofed buildings. There's a couple of islands that they have like artificial waterfalls going as just a way to like cut down on noise and shit. One of these actually has led to kids getting sick, which is crazy because it's in the middle of a high school and these kids they like painted the sides of it as a way to like show the kids support and then kids started getting cancer and shit, it's it's fucking hilarious. But let's talk about it here.
Speaker 2: So I mean, that's funny, but like I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: You know, I guys, it's more of a cob sense of humor, but it's at the point here. This is from Los Angeles Magazine. So here are four oil wells hidden in plain sight in LA. For the record, there's a lot. These are just four of the more well known. Okay, So first one the Packard Well site. So if you're just driving through LA and you see this building, you're not gonna think anything's really suspicious about it. I wouldn't. You know.
Speaker 2: It's a squirret building, no windows.
Speaker 1: It's fine, But believe it or not, it is a very active oil well. This was built in nineteen sixty seven and what looks like a windowless beige office building along Peako in the mid Willshire neighborhood hides fifty two oil and gas wells owned by Sentinel Peak Resources. A derek on tracks moves from well head to well head within the roofless structure. It doesn't this structure has no roof, but that's wild. And it's also like pretty soundproof as far as the walls are. Concerns why it's constructed with like these slits for air, but like no one would know that ever unless you knew what this building was, right.
Speaker 3: Which poses the question like do you actually really know what you drive by every day?
Speaker 1: Absolutely correct, Raven. The next is the Beverly Center. It's just as big, almost looks like a big old brick warehouse. I guess it's very wind a lot of industrial stuff on the outside of it, but actually this on the inside. From the outside of all you see is these brick walls. So tucked on the western side of the Beverly Center, the Sentinel Peak Resource Rig peaks out from behind tall walls and foliage, barely visible to passers by on San Vincente. From the top of the mall's parking garage, you can scope the site's full expanse, which includes fifty four wells that tap into Salt Lake and Beverly Hill oil fields and produce tens of thousands of barrels of black gold every year. So next we have the more uh what I think is funny but maybe not, The Tower of Hope. Yeah, that's the name. Tower of Hope. And you see it's got a lot of flowers on it. All these things and the one hundred and sixty five foot tall derrick at Beverly Hills High As in Beverly Hills High School was dubbed the Tower of Hope in two thousand and clad in a vinyl sound absorbing sheath festooned with flowers painted by hospitalized children. Lawsuits claiming chemicals associated with the rig caused cancer were either dismissed or settled, but after the owner of Venoko went bankrupt, the decade's old drilling site was shut down in July of twenty seventeen. So why I'm saying it's funny is because the kids that they were painted it, they were hospitalized because of what this Derek did to them.
Speaker 2: I still don't see the humor in that.
Speaker 1: But like I I don't know, maybe I'm just fucked up here. You know. The Irony raven it's called irony anyway, they shut it down in twenty seventeen. But let's talk more about it now. The Cardiff Tower. This one is an interesting one. So the Pico Robertson neighborhood has been a Jewish enclave since the end of World War Two. Jews, I know, it's La Raven. It's like say, in New York, we can't not bring up the Jews in some way, but anyway, So it makes sense that the then owner of the Occidental Petroleum disguised this drilling site at Pico and Cardiff as a synagogue in nineteen sixty six. It was rebuilt in two thousand and one. The pseudo shool, now the property of Pacific Coast Energy, is home to forty wells which are access accessed by movable dereks that taps the same oil field as the Tower of Hope. So all right, let me break this one down for you. They needed to put a well in this area. This area happened to be a Jewish area. Two things that Jews love money and synagogues. I think that's a fair statement to say. And so the oil company was like, hey, listen, we're gonna pay y'all to just not ask questions, and we're gonna build this to look like a synagogue. And hell, you could even open one of your shools here and it's all good. It's gonna be fine. And everybody basically getting the thumbs up. And that's that.
Speaker 3: So did you know that there's eight thousand oil and gas located in LA. There's actually one hundred and one thousand unplugged oil and gas fells throughout California, but eight thousand, so eight percent is located in LA County, I believe it.
Speaker 1: And speaking on that, let's learn more about the fake buildings that hide LA's massive oil industry and some of the numbers that are associated with this. Because I didn't realize that LA, especially in the early nineteen hundreds, pretty much it was like the fucking Saudi Arabia of the world. I had no idea. Let's learn together, y'all.
Speaker 7: Okay, today we're going to be talking about LA's most precious sludge. And now I'm not talking about the MCU. I'm talking about oil, petroleum, the slicky ichy. You see, Los Angeles has a massive petroleum industry that digs for oil right in the middle.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, they just called oil the slicky ichy. That sounds way. Maybe I'm not mature enough for this conversation, but that's fucking hilarious. But okay, LA's La slicky ikey. And yeah, we mean crude oil. And that's not what I thought when I first heard that one, homie. But all right, that's a thing anyway, Let's continue.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Angelis has a massive petroleum industry that digs for oil right in the middle of the city. But I wouldn't blame you for not knowing that, because they do a really good job of keeping it a secret. It turns out La County actually produces a whopping eighteen million barrels of oil a year, and Church Houston can do that in like a week. But half of Houston looks like this, and Texas public schools still consider crude oil a vegetable. What's unique about LA's oil wells is that they're not all sitting in some barren oil fields on the outskirts of LA. They're actually in La hiding between the cafe bookstores and the bookstore cafes. There are thousands of these rigs scattered throughout the city, and most of them are digging for that sweet black dimes or vinegar within fifteen hundred feet of a house, school, church.
Speaker 1: Or hospital.
Speaker 7: Now, unless you've always wanted to live within walking distance of a giant piece of industrial petroleum pumping equipment, which, knowing my audience is probably most of you, you might be wondering, how the hell do people put up with this? Well, the answer is most don't even realize that they're living in the middle of a massive oil field. For most of the city's history, the oil industry was pretty hard to ignore. There were giant oil derricks along the streets and the beaches. Crude oil frequently ended up in people's houses and yards, and lighting the candles on your birthday cake was probably the most dangerous thing you'd do all year. The Angelinas were so knee deep in black gold, in fact, that during the Second World War they even voted to install oil pumps in their own backyards. Well that might sound a little crazy now, this is essentially the entire reason that Los Angeles was able to become such a massive metropolis. For a while there, La alone was generating more than a quarter of the world's oil, and everyone was getting filthy rich, or at least getting filthy.
Speaker 1: Of course, a quarter of the world's oil was coming out of La I had no fucking clue.
Speaker 3: I knew that it had minerals, I knew that it had oil, and I knew that it had gold. Yeah, Like, I knew that those were the things that initiated at least the.
Speaker 2: Growth of that area.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that, like they I didn't know until like a few years ago that they were still actively getting oil inside and around everything. I mean, like I think like the closest pretty much everything is about one thy two hundred feet away from another building.
Speaker 2: Like every oil place is like situated at.
Speaker 3: A certain amount of feet away, and they're having like because you know, they've made them.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the.
Speaker 3: Thing is, the more property sticking stricken areas are surrounding those places, you know, higher disproportions of it and stuff are around the oil sources.
Speaker 2: But it's like the oil sources were there first.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like one of those conversations of like did they purposely change and shift around these locations or you know.
Speaker 1: Some yes, some know like the one that the Jewish area, like that area is not a run down spot, Beverly Hills High isn't necessarily a run down spot. But yes, to your point, there are a few of them that, like clearly the area kind of went.
Speaker 3: More marginalized groups are around these oil situations. Hell, they have some wells that are twenty five feet from homes twenty five feet for sure, and like they're producing all sorts of chemicals, and then they have a lot of association with different types of issues with like you know, cardiac, respiratory, neurological, palmonary effects, childhood cancer, premature labor, mental health harms.
Speaker 2: Like those are just common things that are around this and you're.
Speaker 3: Talking you don't even know that an oil situation's happening twenty five feet from your house because they have.
Speaker 1: Mental health issues just come with the territory at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of wild to me though, that this is like an actual thing that they are producing that much oil at one point.
Speaker 1: A quarter of the world's crude oil, which I mean, granted we're talking about in the early nineteen hundreds, cars were not as prevalent as they are now. I mean it was we were going through the industrial Revolution, don't get me wrong, and a lot of things were going heavily into the industrialization. But still that is a that's a bold claim to make. And then even still LA has a massive amount of oil underneath it, but it's it's kind of like one of those reserves were kind of sitting on just if and when we would need it. I didn't know that in World War two people were opting to let the government come and drill oil from their backyards. That's pretty fucking wild too, But I mean again, it's crazy to look at the day and age at which that was going down. So anyway, let's continue. But again, this is why realistically, La itself became the booming metropolis with so many people flooding in because a lot of them were trying to make their money in the oil field. So all right, let's continue.
Speaker 7: Of course, the public's enthusiasm for these thousands of greasy Eiffel towers didn't last forever, and eventually the people of La decided that their city needed to look less like this man more like this. So the petroleum company's device the most American solution possible, keep drilling for oil and just cover it.
Speaker 1: Up, like literally cover it up.
Speaker 7: Let me explain. In the nineteen sixties, Axidental Petroleum wanted to drill for oil in this Orthodox Jewish neighborhood outside of Beverly Hills. Now, the petroleum executives knew exactly two things about the Orthodox Jewish community. One they didn't like giant oil derecks, and two they seemed to like synagogues. So as a compromise, Occidental Petroleum decided that they were going to build a giant oil derek, but they would disguise it as a synagogue, or at least something resembling a synagogue kind of. What's important, though, is that the building didn't end up looking as ugly as this, which was so exciting that the mayor of La personally attended the ribbon cutting and called this base rectangle quote an outstanding contribution to civic beauty. From the sixties onward, all sorts of these disguised oil dereks started popping up around La. There are even entire oil pumping platforms off the coast of Long Beats that are disguised to look like islands with trees, fig buildings and artificial waterfalls to mass the sounds of drilling pumping and business guys jumping into giant pools of gold coins. Of course, most of the wells aren't as cleverly hidden. There's just sitting in big windowless boxes like this or this, and some are still more or less sitting out in the open, like this one, the Tower of Hope. This oil derek operated right in the middle of a local high school, and despite the fact that it was about as well hidden as a brand new oil derek on Christmas morning, it was beloved for its floral walls painted by thousands of local sick children. That is until it allegedly started getting all the other children sick, and the school renamed it the Tower of Hope you don't get cancer.
Speaker 2: Whoops.
Speaker 7: Now, if you're feeling left out because you don't live in La, don't worry. This sort of thing. Isn't you unique to La, or for that matter, the petroleum industry.
Speaker 1: All right, so we don't need to get into other spots. But yes, other places around the country have also pretty much hidden oil dereks under buildings before. But again, La itself, for all their hippie, dippy, crunchy bullshit, the city only exists because of crude oil, which is fair, That's fascinating and yes, a little hilarious. The school even renamed it the Tower instead of the Tower of Hope, the Tower of Hope you don't get cancer. That's fucking hilarious. You see, you see you want to say it's not funny, but you're snickering. You're snickering, just saying anyway, Ye, So now, With that in mind, these oil industries and these booms, these tycoons coming in like this, it's worth mentioning that a portion of these LA tunnels was also used in a Ponzi scheme involving the oil industry. Listen to this one, y'all. This is fascinating.
Speaker 5: One of the most infamous was the Julian Petroleum scandal, a massive fraud that shook the city in the mid nineteen twenties. At the heart of the scandal was CC Julian, who, through his company Julian Petroleum Corporation, orchestrated a Ponzi scheme selling more than one hundred and fifty million dollars in fraudulent shares. Thousands of investors were deceived, including prominent businessmen and influential figures in the city. Well the tunnels were being used for alcohol smuggling. Julian and his associates took advantage of this underground infrastructure to move large sums of money, discreetly hiding their operations from public scrutiny. The fraud collapsed in nineteen twenty seven when it was revealed that Julian had issued millions of shares with no natural backing. Leaving the investors bankrupt and the local financial system in chaos. CC Julian fled to China to avoid justice and eventually committed suicide in nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you see these underground tunnels are being used by bad people. And this, dude, I mean the whole thing selling shares in a new oil venture in LA. That didn't seem crazy. There were so many others that were doing oil business in La. This to an investor, to all these people, one point five million dollars, all this like sure, yeah, that sounds good. There's so much oil get after. Man, here's a couple of moneys for a couple of shares. It's all good. In reality, it was all done for a bootlegging operation and it was just a giant Ponzi scheme. He got caught and U ended up putting a gun in his mouth, because that's what you do when you screwed people out of that much money. I suppose. So we already you can see how the tunnels first were built, and why why business owners and private equity groups started building their own tunnels, and for what purpose inter prohibition. Now we're getting into the black market trade and sale of illegal liquor and prostitutes and all these things. No, these tunnels were not used, at least from any record that I can find. They were not used for shanghaiing people into naval service. Like all the other episodes we've done about underground cities and things were concerned as far as the research I can tell, and Ravenly, I don't know if you found anything on your end, but I can find no record of the tunnels being used for shanghaiing or press ganging or crimping or whatever to get dudes onto the boats.
Speaker 2: I haven't found anything.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I spent most of the majority of my time researching about lizard people.
Speaker 1: Which is a really good segue because as we're talking about this nineteen twenties into the nineteen thirties, here is an archive from the La Times from January twenty ninth, nineteen thirty four, talking about the Lizard People's catacomb city hunted. This is wild as fuck. Raven, you found this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, So there's actually two La Times. You have to scroll down more. It's on the second page, so click like you just click the oh yeah, there is yep. So this is a headline and lizard People's catacomb city Haunted is a headline in the newspaper. This is one of the next one you're going to show is another article. Actually, multiple articles were written in la and so actually this was even in this guy Gene he actually went out and did a whole bunch of research on this, and like they actually aired this. This was something that like Saturday morning, Sunday morning, they're getting their newspaper and this is what people are seeing. They're like, excuse me, did I just read this correctly? And why did this happen? So we're going to dive in deep into good old George Warren and I'm gonna call him Warren because he's mentioned as Warren a lot. He is a mining engineer and some say a mining engineer, and.
Speaker 2: He had other kind of backgrounds as well.
Speaker 3: Basically, he created this invention that he called the radio X ray device, and what this did was is that it could detect minerals and or through basically the rock his whole He stated at one point in an interview that he could look through rocks to see what was inside of it, and he decided. So it's an interesting story. Basically, if you want to click to the next Oh, one.
Speaker 1: I was gonna read a little bit of this one.
Speaker 2: Oh you could read it. Yeah, go ahead, you can go.
Speaker 1: Oh and I'm not gonna read the entire article because it's only a snippet of it. But it says continued on page five, column two, Lizard people, catacomb city. Hunted engineer sinks shaft under Fort to find maze of tunnels and priceless treasures of legendary inhabitants by Gene Basquette. But busy Los Angeles, although little realizing it in the hustle and bustle of modern existence, so stands Yeah, it's kind of cut off. There stands above a lost city of catacombs, filled with incalculable treasures and imperishable records of a race of humans further advanced intellectually and scientifically than even the highest type of present day peoples, in the belief of g. Warren Schufeldt, which that's what you're talking about, Warren, and scientifically than ever even the highest type of Sorry, I skipped. A geophysical mining engineer, now engaged in an attempt to west from the lost city, arrest rather deep in the earth below Fort Moore Hill, the Secrets of the Lizard people of legendary fame in the medicine lodges of the American Indian.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, hell, the he goes to the Hopi tribe for information on this whole situation that he finds.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, so let's go to this next one here.
Speaker 3: So and that little clip you know you're gonna have to like scroll in that white part is where it's at, and that's the Lost Underground City Sought in the Heart of la is what it states. And basically it's another continuum of talking about the shaft and the explorers and the key.
Speaker 2: Room of the city and the catacombs and stuff that he believes. He's a geo.
Speaker 3: Geophysicist, mining engineer, and designer, so they kind of like they they add different stuff to him. But basically old Boy was not like it's just some random dude off the street. He actually went and got this city approved to drill this shaft. The city council approve this with a patent. The official petition was in February of nineteen thirty three, and the city basically was like, you know what, you have enough shit here for us to decide that lizard people are real, and you're correct, and we're going to take fifty percent of all the treasure that belongs to this whoa, I'm sure, and.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to read this, but it's like super blurry even when I zoom in. But that's they decided to take fifty percent of whatever treasure he found.
Speaker 3: Yes, So like he talks about, oh god, it just popped me out of it. He says, like I knew I was over a pattern of tunnels and so okay, what happens. What is is that he builds this device, right, he hears about the people talking about this for Fort Moore, and there's like tunnels and all this stuff out there, and they're you know whatever, and people been exploring it for one hundred years prior to you. There's a ton of legends out there. It sits at the edge of the old downtown in LA And so Warren goes out there and starts exploring it with his new little fan dangled radio X ray situation that he made. So he had already heard all these rumors about the treasure lore and all this stuff, and he's like, you know what, cool, I'm gonna go out and see if I could find this Spanish gold because it's lost somewhere out here in these hills and it's from the Spanish US War apparently. And so he ends up he ends up scanning this area that turns into an entire labyrinth of giant rooms, tunnels and all this stuff in when he maps it out, he like, you know, actually draws out this map. It turns into a giant lizard like the map itself. Yeah, it's like once he's so he is tracking with his X ray machine where the tunnels are going, and there's voids, massive voids, and he's mapping these massive voids and he's mapping these tunnels and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Basically he states that what he sees is the map itself that he ends up drawing is a lizard shape. Like it's a massive lizard shape. Let me see, I have all of it, like we'ritten. I have a lot of notes. And one of those people that takes weach, no.
Speaker 1: You're good, you're good. And what we're looking at right now that I was trying to read but can't, I mean, granted, it's a newspaper from the San Pedro News Pilot, volume six, number two eighty three, issued on January thirtieth, nineteen thirty four, and it's also talking about what we read on the last article, so like there's it's not just one like tabloid that was talking about. It was the La Times, it was the San Pedro News Pilot, like this is this was a well documented story that was circulating it this time.
Speaker 2: It was actually a really big story.
Speaker 3: So the map that the patterns of the voids that he maps out actually are technically under sent the Central Library right now to Mount Washington, to the hills in the north, like as of if we were to look at it today, this is where it's at. And he basically he decides that he's like, you know what, there's enough evidence here.
Speaker 2: I I need to go talk to some people.
Speaker 3: Let me go talk to the Native American tribe because there is a lure about this and I want to hear about what is actually happening with this lore. So he goes to the Hopi tribe and he talks to Chief green Leaf, and basically green Leaf tells him about the Snake Brothers and they are an ancient So I've heard two different stories.
Speaker 2: I've read a little bit.
Speaker 3: The next article that we get into is going to break down more of this and stuff. But everyone kind of has a version of what was said at this meeting basically.
Speaker 2: And the snake Brothers.
Speaker 3: So one theory, one story I've heard is that there were actually humans at one point five thousand years ago that went into these tunnels, these underground systems, and they basically took all of their shit with them, and they also decided to write all of their knowledge of what humanity is, how humans became, and all this stuff on these giant old tablets that happened to be down.
Speaker 1: The old tablets enter the Mormons. I'm joking, continuing, No, they.
Speaker 3: They have this knowledge down there, So that's that's a thing that's going on, and they basically are trying to escape this massive catastrophic event that's gonna happen, and so they steal themselves in that's one theory. Another theory is that are already sneak brothers. They are lizard people that they that he Greenleaf, Chief Greenleaf described to him and basically the same situation though they just they What's interesting though, is that a lot of people say that the story goes that they melted through rock to carve out the subterranean giant labyrinth underneath to basically seek refuge from this catastrophic event, and they close themselves off underneath there. According to legend, you know, they had all of their origin stories of humans and themselves and everything else. Also, two other cities were built created by these lizard people, one of which we know is underneath Mount Shasta, which is another hub for lots of interesting things, and the other one is still unknown.
Speaker 2: Apparently there was thousands of families down there, not.
Speaker 3: Just like a few people. It was like thousands of families. Is what the is the way that the story actually goes. And so for those of you wondering, like, okay, why do these tunnels have to do with this, maybe this is just like the Metro. The Metro wasn't made for another fifty seven years prior to this whole conversation. So old Boy and his partner go actually to the city council.
Speaker 2: He talked to the Hope people.
Speaker 3: He has all of his records, he draws this map and all this stuff, and he goes to them and he goes, Okay, so here's my petition.
Speaker 2: I want to go up there and I want to drill into.
Speaker 3: The side of this face of the hill, and I want to drill down three hundred feet and I will tell you, when we get to the three hundred feet is gonna be the precise place of where it opens up into this massive tunnel system.
Speaker 2: And like, shit is going to be down there. And the city council was like, you know what, we actually believe you. We are going to actually agree to this.
Speaker 3: We're going to fund it and give you the resources to go dig on this hill. And so they decide to start this whole situation. So there they are, they're drilling down all this stuff. They get to past two hundred feet, and this is where he starts taking more readings, and he realizes that the voids are massive rooms that he is seeing technically down there past the two hundred feet, which confirmed though, so there's big openings already at the two hundred feet mark, which technically confirms what he was saying was that his machine was actually working, that it did show voids and tunnels and such.
Speaker 2: So as they were getting.
Speaker 3: Closer to getting down to the three hundred mark, suddenly though, it starts to fill in with mud and water abruptly, okay, and they decide that, well, you know Caven's is the real thing. I guess we're just gonna pull out. What the weird part about this whole thing is is this man was like staking his entire professional reputation on this dick. Like everything he's ever decided, taught, said, whatever, this is all coming down to this dick. He was a man that was like obsessed with this mission. Basically sure if he could just reached the three hundred mark. What's crazy, though, is that the official records say that they abruptly stopped and never touched it again. He literally stopped completely that day, walked away without saying anything, without fighting, without going back and trying to redo this again, without coming at it from a different angle, without doing anything at all to try and prove what his entire reputation is staked on. He literally walks away. Then he completely withdraws from society like one hundred percent, doesn't do any more interviews, doesn't talk to anybody, doesn't say another single word about this, and he dies in nineteen fifty seven with never talking about it again with anyone. The shaft itself was never finished, and the city acted like it never happened. They completely went about building on top of it, building around it, doing whatever, and just acting like it never happened. No one ever actually did anything with the shaft. Again, here's where the story gets even crazier though. So there's three parts to this. The first part comes with the conversation of the iron door. So the iron door is one of the biggest rumors there is rumors, stories, myth legend, whatever you want to think.
Speaker 1: Let me have an article pulled up on that when we're going to read a minute.
Speaker 3: So the iron door itself, by all accounts, is a door that is situated up there at the.
Speaker 2: Fort Fort Hill. I think it's like Fort Moorehill, I think it's called.
Speaker 3: And basically it's fitted flush to the stone. It's not visible, there's no visible way.
Speaker 2: Of opening it.
Speaker 3: This is my eyewitness accounts that have talked about this. So all of them though, so everybody can't. All the people that have seen this apparent door cannot agree on the exact location.
Speaker 2: This is important though, to remember. But every one of them.
Speaker 3: Remember, everyone agrees that it's warm to the touch, without ever talking to each other or anything like this. Every single person says that it's unusually warm to the touch, and that all the air around. It just feels completely wrong. No one knows who's made it, there's no record of it. Okay, cool, you know whatever. So in nineteen thirty four, while old boy Warren is getting all this shit together to go up there and drill, four men, hear about what he's gonna do, and actually it's five men. Four men decide that they're going to go and they're going to go up there with picks and some dynamite and they're going to go to the location in which he's been talking about to everybody, and they're gonna go down there. They're gonna find that treasure of them damn self. So all five men hike up there, you know, they decide we're going to do this. Sure, four men go in, never come back out. The fifth man that stayed outside was like making sure the ropes were good, making sure he was listening for him. Waited and waited and waited, and it's like something really bad has happened to them, right. He runs back downtown and it's like, look, will anybody come help.
Speaker 2: Me search for these guys. So the search party comes the next day. He takes them to the exact spot the door is. The door is gone, it's completely gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the rock face itself is very, very hot to the touch, and again it seems like the error is completely different around it. Everyone couldn't figure out what happened. They called him a liar, and he's like, we literally were right here. I left last night. They were here. Can you help me? Where have they gone? Nobody went and searched for them. Ever, again, no one talked about them. I couldn't find an actual news article on this. I don't know if this is just one of those old folks, you know, telling a story or whatnot. But on the other hand, we actually have documented proof of a good old girl in nineteen thirty four that was by them, that Edith Robinson lived in Pica Rivera and wrote a letter to a psychological research magazine in September of nineteen thirty four, which is around the time of when Warren's.
Speaker 2: Stuff completely failed as well.
Speaker 3: She stated in the letter that there was a vast ancient city below the ground with amazing art and architecture that happens, and that the tunnels running through went all the way to the sea. Two strangers never have met. Well could have read one of these stories, sure, But she wrote in detail about this city and how it was, and that these ancient people were down there that didn't seem appear to be human, that had a lot of technical advancements that had been hidden under there for a long time, and that these tunnels ran all over La ran all over to the sea themselves, ran all the way out to the sea, and that's how they were able to move continuously without any.
Speaker 2: Of us knowing.
Speaker 3: Wow, So we have three different incidents that all surround this situation with potential lizard people. And that's kind of where we're at when we jump into this article. Is all of this information about different stories of what potentially could be the lizard people.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, that's a lot to kind of process here, but okay, let's dive in here. So let's talk about the lizard people of Los Angeles, real or fantasy. When residents of Los Angeles opened the front page of the LA Time on the morning of January twenty ninth, nineteen thirty four, which we pulled up that article a moment ago, some of them might have spilled their coffee out of shock at seeing the headlines. It was strange and exciting, but there was also an error it read Lizard People's catacomb city hunted. Legends about the lizard people had always been around, but it must have been the first time print media featured a story about them. Jean Biquette Bosquett excuse me, an LA Times reporter wrote the story on the claims of g. Warren Schufeldt, a mining engineer. According to Schuefeldt, he had created a machine radio X ray that's a wild concept to throw together, but okay, and mapped the area, which displayed amazing things. Schuefeldt said the X ray showed a massive network of tunnels beneath Los Angeles, covering a vast area. Supposedly, these tunnels weren't built by our ancestors, but by another race called the lizard people. He also said that several locations in the tunnels contained treasure. The newspaper report that aroused curiosity. So did lizard people exist and inhabit the underground of modern LA or were they just rumors or folk tales of the past. We may never know, but it's an exciting theory many people believe, like shoe Felt believed it. There. Here is a quote from Jean Baquette's story dated January twenty ninth, nineteen thirty four, which actually already read that, So yeah, medicine Lodge of the American Indians. So yeah, we talked about that. The reporter must have been over excited because he hardly takes a breath to give the reader this exciting, weird information. The article continues by noting that sue Felt and his assistant truly believed there were tunnels and treasures under Los Angeles, so they had already started digging and inserted a shaft two hundred and fifty feet inside the earth. The shaft entrance was on North Hill Street. Shue Felt trusted his device entirely and therefore wanted to continue inserting the shaft below until it reached one thousand feet. He and his aides planned a star after that. If the venture yielded no positive results. The dig did not produce the desired outcome, so Schoefeld and his aides abandoned the project by December of that year. Along with the story, the newspaper also printed a map created by Schoefelt based on his findings from the X ray machine. Readers can understand the tunnel's structure by looking at an image on page five of the paper. The image showed an artist imagination of lizard people working in the top right corner. On the left hand side, it showed Schuefeldt and his assistant at the entrance of the shaft, and below the engineer working with his device. The series of tunnels occupied the center of the image or map, either way you won't call it. The tunnels were basically under the areas of Fort Moore Place, North Broadway and North Hill Street. The article indicated that Schuefelt and his aide believed that the lizard people had a quote unquote key room located under Broadway and Second Street. The key room was supposedly a place where the ancient race made plans and stored all their treasures, as well as important information written on gold tablets. Investigated by the Times Reporter into people's hunt for treasure indicated that some enthusiast dug but didn't find any significant amount of goal. The reporter also discovered that the Times report from around May nineteen thirty four said an old time prospector requested permission to dig on the hill, but the authorities denied it. It was because the country, or excuse me, it was because the county made a deal with Schoefelt and his assistant to split fifty to fifty any profits from the dig. Wow. Okay, fair enough, So lizard people factor fantasy? What made g. Warren Schuefelt so convinced that lizard people really existed in the past and that they left behind a vast series of tunnels and gold underneath La. After Shufeldt's machine showed results that he believed indicated an extensive tunnel system, he met a hoping Native American in Arizona who told him the legend of the lizard people. According to the story in the La Times, the Hope's chief told Schufelt that around five thousand years ago, a massive inferno burned down the entire area of present day La. The inferno is said to have been caused by a meteorite. Therefore, the lizard people built at least three cities beneath the spot where La stands today. Is believed that the tunnel system is so vast that it reaches up to the sea coast. Okay, real quick, before we continue ravenly, I'm just curious here. Do you think that this could be aliens or do you think that the lizard people were here before the meteorite hit. Was the meteorite their spaceship and the hope Indians didn't know the difference between a spaceship versus meteor so they just saw it as one and the same.
Speaker 3: What is your take, Well, I mean, I think that if we were going to speculate that if the lizard people are real and stuff like this, that they would have to have been here before the fire itself, because they would have had to create a system of networks to be able to even get down there before the scene happened. But like, would they have known, would they have already been living there? That's how they were able to escape it?
Speaker 2: You know, it would be one of those things like is it aliens? I'm not sure? Is it just a random tale?
Speaker 3: You know, It's it's interesting though that multiple people.
Speaker 2: And then of course we have modern day theories of lizard people.
Speaker 3: We've seen a lot of yeah, the reptilians, We've seen a bunch of videos of people you know, in government and all the weird eyes in Hollywood and all that shit where they look like they are not human. I would wager that like there at least has to be some kernel of truth in this story that has lasted for as long as it has, especially with the multiple stories and theories and things being written by complete strangers, all during the same time stating very similar things from their own experiences. This iron door situation is weird. I'm not gonna lie to you, so.
Speaker 1: Which, Yeah, we're gonna get to that one next. But like I could see both possibly right, Like to say, the lizard people were here for thousands of years and they had already built this tunnel system. The meteorite hits and destroys their civilization above land, but they still survived under ground. Maybe because they were so technologically advanced, they knew the metea rite was coming and rather than like leaving the city to not get hit, they just burrowed. I don't know. I could also envision the same thing as like, you know, they called the train the steel horse for a good long while the Native American tribes did, right. I could also see them calling a spaceship a meteorite, and that these reptilian aliens aka lizard people decided to set up shop on Earth and start to dig tunnels under the ground because they can't live on the surface. I could see both being very viable.
Speaker 2: I could see both too. I mean, there's way too many things.
Speaker 3: About all around the world that are dug deep in to the ground. I mean, twenty thousand people were living in a giant, like five story underground city that they built, and so, like you know, people, there's underground cities, that there's underground bunkers that have been around forever, that entire entire towns have hid for the sake of hiding.
Speaker 2: So, like, you know, it.
Speaker 3: Very well could be, like your theory makes a lot of sense too, that they could have They could have been the Metia rights quote and then they got here and decided to set up shop.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's a really interesting thing.
Speaker 3: So this is so this conversation is what nowadays conspiracy theorists based their Lizard People conversation off of. Like this was the original og Lizard People conversation because it was featured and they gave grants to this crazy person quote unquote if we really want to look at it, this crazy person is talking about, Hey, so I think there's like lizard people down there, like snake people down there with a whole bunch of treasure and shit. Can I use city property and go down and fuck this shit up and Leo see and.
Speaker 1: Really, oh sure, let me write you a check real quick.
Speaker 3: Yea, let me let me just write you this endless amount of check. And like it wasn't was crazy as that he had volunteers from like tons of people around helping him out too, Like people were really invested in what was happening and then abruptly suddenly would just stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's dig even deeper here. It says the term lizard people bestowed on the ancient race isn't because they were reptilian in nature, as some conspiracy theorist suggests today, or the kind shown in movies. Okay, first of all, article feeling a little personally attacked. I'm just asking the questions here. Dog anyway, bleaterly said Snake brothers. Yeah, just saying. Instead, they considered the lizard a vital being, as it symbolized long life. This race built the underground cities in the shape of a lizard. According to Chofeld's narrative, one of the cities shaped like a lizard below La had its head under Dodger Stadium. The site beneath Downtown Central Library was the Tales location, WHOA. The curiosity regarding the lizard people increased even more when the quote Journal of the American Society for Psychological or Psychic Psychical Research. Yeah, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: It was psychological, but yep, nope, you're right.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about psychics here consorting with mediums on this one now.
Speaker 2: So that's where that lady's message went to.
Speaker 1: It had to be a lady from that absolutely received a letter from a woman on September twenty sixth, nineteen thirty four, who made some weird and shocking claims. The woman mentioned in the letter that she had a vision one evening on December twenty second, nineteen thirty three, while with some friends. According to reports, her friends also confirmed the lady's clairvoyant moment. She describes seeing two civilizations at different times. In her vision, one was more recent. One was a more recent one rather that had excellent, excelled in art and architecture, and surpassed whatever is present today. The other vision was of an older civilization with underground cities and giant tunnels, some extending to the oceans. She thought that this older civilization had built underground tunnels to deter attacks from others. And safeguarded society. Her friends said that miss Edith, that's the clairvoyant had the vision before the local media mentioned the lizard people. Whoa So now we have an alternate theory. Okay, let's hear what the naysayers are gonna say. While many people got curious about the lizard people, the tunnels, the buried treasure, others had different views reguarding the story. In the La Times, several individuals had said that the mining engineer's quote unquote discovery was nothing more than an attempt to gain attention, and that his claims were tall tales. The report said that g Warren Schufeldt spread the rumors so he could dig for the so called treasure. The theory emerged after it was compared with another rumor suggesting that Protestant graveyards in the nineteen thirties hailed significant treasures. I don't know why the Protestants would have treasures in their graves, but all right, as a Protestant, I don't want to be buried with nothing fancy. Fuck. I don't want to be buried, don't want to be burned. But okay, it was kind of a get rich quick scheme. Quote unquote with great promises but which delivered nothing. It seemed that the big that because the digs and hunts didn't yield anything that show Felt initially claimed. So now we get to the urban legend of the conversation. Whether it was a hoax or not, show Felt story about the network of underground tunnels and the lizard people has become an urban legend. Locals and visitors are still curious. And indeed, Shoefell's machine was right about one thing. There are tunnels beneath LA. Rumors abound that people use these tunnels to transport alcohol during the prohibition area. These tunnels are enormous, with some areas featuring huge hall like spaces, but they are considered natural formations rather than artificial I'm sorry there, what the eleven miles of tunnels that were dug by the businessmen and the bankers and all this, those are considered natural formations? What that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: The official narrative just because.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of there's a lot of gas pockets as well underneath LA and stuff, which are the natural forming tunnels and things like that. But I don't really see how giant haull like spaces like, obviously, if they're giant cavern, sure, but you're talking about things that people are utilizing and that pretty much did by there by hand.
Speaker 1: But like, okay, no, that's that's fucking asinine. Though the story says the lizard people were superior humans who revered lizards, another theory holds that they were not. According to this theory, they are called lizard people because they're reptilians who can shift shape at will. Now we're getting into our territory. The assumption is that the race has a serpent slash lizard head and a human body has already infiltrated humankind and it's taken the world. But that's a story for another time. No, it's not, well, it's not a story for right now. For real, we've all seen the clips of the news anchors whose eyes blank sideways are like little pincers.
Speaker 2: Kill all of them, all of.
Speaker 1: Them just saying when they feed off of adrenochrome. Clearly obviously and actually, as it sounds like I'm saying that in a joking manner, adrenochrome is real and the extraction of it is horrible, and I don't want to, like, I don't want to make light of that one. But yeah, no, the lizard people taking over the world for sure. Though the project was discontinued, Chofelt disappeared from public view and the story stopped in the papers, people's imaginations didn't. If anyone asks a resident about the lizard people, they're here the most amazing stories, rumor hoax, legend, or whatever people call it, there is something to ponder. Most legends have some truth to them, so who knows. Maybe there existed a race of super superiors to modern humans that built underground tunnels and cities. While there isn't any evidence yet, experts may they developed highly sophisticated devices that can, you know, capture images hundreds of thousands of feet beneath the ground. Only then will the answers be found and everyone will know whether they are indeed the famous tunnels and treasure trove. Until then, enthusiasts can read stories, ask old timers about it, and examine the map on various platforms. They can form their own opinions about the legendary superior humans because, whether real or not, no law prohibits people from fantasizing about anything absolutely and again, I mean, let's say it was a hoax. Let's say that your boy was trying to do something of a Ponzi scheme, like the guy did, right, and he just wanted to get government grant money to dig a big hole and then dip out, like he quit the project in less than a year's time. So yeah, maybe that's true. Because radio x ray that that machine itself. I don't know how it works. This is the first time ever heard of that. But like I mean, radio waves x ray sends out waves. It's the same thing. I could see possibly that this whole thing was a hoax so you could make a quick buck and get out of there. But for him to consult with the Hopie and for them to say that these tunnels are natural formations as a way to like dispel it, and the fact that the government had signed a contract with him to split the treasure fifty to fifty tells me that he had to have either a he bankrolled a certain politician to approve his permit, which could be or b he had enough of a compelling argument to where these people at least were curious enough. They may not have believed him, but they were curious enough to give him exclusive exclusive digging rights for a bid, and they wouldn't have done that for just any old person with a crazy story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I it's I don't think they would just give that away, especially because somebody had already tried and it was denied for it. So you know, it's it's one of those things of like, Okay, so if people already had tried to get permission to dig into this this whole situation, and they pull them no, and then old boy comes along and you know, if you look it up, it says it's a fake treasure hunting gadget that was like just a bullshit thing that was made and he like claimed it was something and it was just handmade tool basically.
Speaker 1: M I could I get. But that's the thing. I can see that being a possibility, honestly, especially with people doing so much shit to make a quick buck in LA I could see that. But is this is this really where that entire urban myth started was one dude's quote unquote hoax that is still being talked about to this day. I find that a bit odd, especially for it to run in the La Times.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not like this was some It was ran multiple times too, Like it was ran by multiple different ways and different people.
Speaker 2: And actually you can look.
Speaker 3: Up his case his petition case as well, and you can read at least some of it, which is I find it interesting. I tried really hard to read the entire thing. I could only read a small, like three lines of it, yeah, which we all know is way larger.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I got a weird feeling that this wasn't intended to be a hoax by any means. And I mean, like you're saying, this wasn't like some tabloid, This wasn't some little Nickelodeon rag that people were reading for the thrill of it, because you know, there was there was publications out there that were reading for entertainment sake. The La Times was reading for the spread of information to the people, and so were these other publications. So I mean, I just I don't know, y'all. I don't know. We'll see, let's continue with this conversation. So lost the Golden Horde of LA's Lizard People. This is from so CAL Focus from PBS Public Broadcasting. So a golden thread runs through America's imagination, from her nand Cortes to Joseph Smith tow from her nand Jortes to the founder of the Mormon Church. That's funny, that's all right. We're making weird, weird connections on this one. But all right, I'm sorry for the laughing at the Mountain Jews, Uh Vernon Cortez, Joseph Smith to George Warren Shufelt of Los Angeles and our imagination fabulous wealth wise hidden by time or sorcery under some hill somewhere left by Aztecs or men from Moo yeah MoU aka Lumeria which anyway, and waiting for a lucky someone to seize it. It even runs through California's motto Eureka Greek four I have found it. Which that's also kind of crazy that the story of how Eureka became Associo of California. Do you know that story?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: Old boy the first one to find gold in a river. He's out there doing some sort of work, you know, frontiersman shit, he sees something shiny. He reaches down and pulls out a nugget of gold the size of his fists and goes Eureka.
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, your average front here's been doesn't know Greek and wouldn't know that that is Greek for I have found it. But that is just one of those stories I know anyway, So let's continue here. So Glenn Creesen of the Los Angeles Public Libraries map librarian reminded us the other day of Schoefelt's eureka on Fort Moore Hill, touched on these pages by Nathan Masters and Hadley Meres. Schue Felt, a mining engineer and inventor with the mysterious radio X ray device, claimed to have found treasure catacombs under Fort Moore Hill in nineteen thirty three. According to Rex McCreery and Ray Martin, who spoke of an ancient map they had schueound, Schoefelt's find was a vault of Spanish gold, or perhaps it was Aztec, it wasn't clear. In early nineteen thirty three, the three treasure hunters convinced the county Board of Supervisors that they should be authorized to dig. They offered an even split of the riches with the county. It seemed like a good idea in the worst year of the Great Depression, I would think. So everybody's desperate. They're like, yeah, fuck it, if he finds some gold down there from the Aztecs will split it, which a fifty to fifty hass get after it. By March, a crew of volunteer diggers hoping for a cut of the gold, had driven a twenty eight foot shaft into the hilltop. They found nothing but rocks and mud. Strangely, the treasure shaft was directly over an excavation for the new Broadway Tunnel. The tunnel workers boring through the hill hadn't found any Spanish or Aztec gold either. In September, the disappointed gold seekers let their county permit lapse. Alfred Scott took up the search, promising the Board of supervisors that he could reach the treasure vault with his own pick and shovel. He may have dug, but if he did, he didn't find anything. Schuefelt and his radio X ray returned in January nineteen thirty four with an even better story. It combined every pulp fiction trope of super science and thrilling adventure native American legend, a doomed civilization of lizard people from five thousand years ago, unknown technological marvels and vast caverns filled with wondrous revelations that actually does sound like a pretty rip snorting good time. It wasn't Spanish or even Aztec gold to lay under the old banning property, The Los Angeles Times soberly reported, but the wealth of the Lizard Empire. Shoefelt had gotten back to Arizona and got the whole story directly from Chief Greenleaf, otherwise referred to as l. Macklin in the Times account. Okay, so I'm surprised they would use his native name instead of but whatever. Okay. Anyway, the Lizard people weren't actually lizards, it turned out, but refugees from a West Coast version of Atlantis. Hell yeah, it was meteors that did the lizard people did in the lizard people, according to Macklin's scrambled version of the Native American mythology. Shoe Felt, with Macklin's guidance, Macklin, being Chief Greenleaf in County Permit, began a new excavation on Fort Moore Hill in early nineteen thirty four, hoping to tap the maze of tunnels and vaults the Lizard people had bored by means of an unknown chemical solution.
Speaker 3: Interesting, yeah, so they actually supposedly bored two hundred and eighty five tunnels. WHOA, So that's apparently the story from the Hopie people is that they had two hundred and eighty five tunnels and they had over one thousand families down there, and that this.
Speaker 2: That he had found.
Speaker 3: That Warren had found one nine hundred feet of tunnels and rooms that were nine thousand square feet in floor space for floor.
Speaker 2: Space, excuse me. Wow.
Speaker 3: He also claimed that he found sixteen places where the Lizard people had stored their gold, seeing that the great treasure troves were the key rooms hidden deep within the Times Times Mirror Square.
Speaker 2: And this is where he said to have.
Speaker 3: A map of thirty seven great golden tablets four feet long and fourteen inches wide. So there was thirty seven gold tablets, by the way.
Speaker 1: And he was able to see this from his X ray radio device.
Speaker 3: All right, apparently I haven't seen this article. I just found this article that actually gives me way more detail than what the other ones were. So I was like, okay, so you're reading this, I'm finding more information over here. I'm like, oh, I didn't even know because I couldn't find actual details of this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to read that one instead of this when a movie can this, one's kind of I didn't know that he had started the dig, left found the native chief, and then came back to dig again.
Speaker 3: So I didn't realize that either, because when I listened to everything and when I read the other articles, it didn't never.
Speaker 2: State that he It stated the way that.
Speaker 3: He happened was he found stuff and then he went and talked to them, and then he went and got the permits. But I guess that's actually not the way it was because a lot of the different things keep changing, like different things keep little small details keep changing.
Speaker 2: But you know, who knows at this point. It's one of those things.
Speaker 3: That's like lost in time of what actually was the truth?
Speaker 1: Right, So Shoefelts exploratory chef eventually reached the depth of two hundred and fifty feet when the attention of the times ran out and mud and water began pouring in. If Schoefelt and the other treasure hunters at Fort Moore Hill were running a confident scam, their victims were remarkably quiet about after being burned. Perhaps investors were so convinced by the story or stories that their losses were accounted bad luck. If there were any investors at all. Maybe they were just simply embarrassed. Others kept on looking for a golden Eureka of lost wealth, including Okay, there's another article about the next guy's a look, Yeah, shoe felt stayed on too, dying in North Hollywood in nineteen fifty seven. By then, the lizard people of Los Angeles had seemingly disappeared except as textbook examples of bizarre Los Angeles, but they had gone to populate a darker narrative of forgotten worlds and unknown races, in which golden thread of the American imagination leads not to unearned riches, but to ancient UFOs, sinister aliens, and sometimes paranoia. Okay, fair enough. So.
Speaker 3: I also states that the Dentons boulders made it hard going going after hitting the water. That's why they decided the mud was like the biggest issue. Somewhere around two hundred and fifty to three hundred and fifty feet, the team was forced to give up. Exactly why remains completely unclear. Summer reports claim that there was a cave in the other ones state that this just lost they just lost interest. Another one states that the funds dried up. And that the team ran out of money. But they were all volunteers, by the way, so that it's an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: These three things could be true at the same time, Like there may they could. Yeah, it may have been a cave in around the time the investors decided to pull out, and around the time that they were like, look, we already had this happen, and this happened, it's time to pack it in and they lost interests like these they're not mutually exclusive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it says basically after that his team just completely him and his team just completely disappeared, popped again one time, and nineteen fifty seven the year that he died, and then vanished obviously from history again. They never found any evidence of the gold or the lizard people. Was it all a con Some experts believe it potentially could have been.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, so I guess.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventy two, San Jose man hiking in Mount Shassa claim to see a lizard person wearing a shirt and trousers also hiking on the mountaintop. Furthermore, five weeks before Warren even began his dig, a woman in port that's the one I was talking about Edith also claimed that she had evidence and that it was five weeks before he even did anything, before the story even broke, She had this claim that she wrote.
Speaker 1: In about so that's wild.
Speaker 3: Everybody can take that information with what they want and kind of like make up, you know, I guess figure out if you want to believe if he was actually tell and.
Speaker 2: The truth or not.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was quite interesting the conversation of lizard people and how this is actually a real conversation that happened in nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And with that, now we go to the mysterious uh, you know, Joshua Tree iron door cave. So this is what you were talking about, right, Raven? Is this the actual iron door?
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: So Joshua Tree and La are like by each other, right, but I think this is actually a different one. Okay, So this is just I when I typed it in, this is came up and I was like, well, that's kind of an odd because so Joshua Tree is, when I say, by each other, Joshua Tree is around one hundred and thirty miles away from La. Oh so it's about a two hour two and a half hour drive. Oh so yeah, they're sitting there kind of by each other. But this is another claim to this iron door. And I actually didn't get a chance to fully read this our. I thought it was an interesting but I was kind of in the thing. But I saw it and I was like, okay, So hmm, there's another iron door being claimed.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's read in a little bit here. So like nothing embodies Josh's Joshua Tree National Park alien funk VI like the integration of a thirty eight foot high, fifty five foot diameter rejuvenation and time machine based on the design of Moses's tabernacle, the writing of Nikolai Tesla, and telepathic directions from extraterrestrials. Well, I'm already low. Let's see what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happens. Man, shit, we.
Speaker 1: Got we got this massive rejuvenation time machine thing based on Moses, Nikolay Tesla, and aliens. Yeah, I'm here, dud, Let's see what's up. The magnificent all wooden Dome, completed in nineteen fifty nine, was the brainshout of George van tassel erstwhile host of the annual Rock Spacecraft Convention and author of the Council of Seven Lights. The entire Joshua Tree province, wrote Van Tassel is cited on a powerful geomagnetic vortex, making it the third most cosmic place on Earth. See this, This is what I thought when I heard Joshua Tree, because I'm not sure how close it is to like Sonoma. But a lot of I'm not just gonna say like alien believers, because you know, I am one, a lot of like hippie dippy people talk about how like they had such a crazy spiritual experience in Joshua Tree, like there's race.
Speaker 2: It looks like we can't I got locked out.
Speaker 3: I was able to read this, but it looks like we don't get to read all of this and stuff.
Speaker 2: So this I'm sorry for everybody.
Speaker 3: This wasn't actually I saw it and I was like another iron door situation.
Speaker 2: I should have read the whole article.
Speaker 1: But WHOA, Yes, is the dome.
Speaker 2: That's the dome that they created?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, this is a part of like some sort of like an ayahuasca retreat or something which is dope, which is dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on I think it's a on the National Park too, So it's one of those things.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so the so the iron door that I was speaking about.
Speaker 3: Sorry that kind of threw us off, But the iron door conversation was the information that I was able to give you guys earlier is basically, whatever this thing is is rumored. I guess this poses a question of vanishing doors. Like so that whole situation where people have taken videos or seen videos in Alaska and Antarctica with these big doors and then they go back and they're gone. Yeah, you know, it's at least with the conversation of the people that they all said the same thing that the stones and the door when they was present, was very warm to the touch, the air was very weird. Not one person could say exactly where it was because every time they went back it was gone.
Speaker 2: It moved.
Speaker 3: So can you take that, You take that with what you want. It could be totally men just being men and you know, being drunk out there and just then.
Speaker 2: Just men under it. I'm sorry, it was just men out there, Like, let's be honestly.
Speaker 3: We're talking about like the nineteen thirty three like thirty three, thirty four, thirty five, women ain't out there.
Speaker 1: Women claiming that the lizard people story is real.
Speaker 3: That women she was she was in her house, like she was with friends. She wasn't out in them hiking up these hills and all this shit.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to make the joke the door was wide.
Speaker 3: Open, but just stating that during that time period it was, well that's nine point nine nine percent, it was going to be a man. So like men be out there drinking and like you know, doing things maybe.
Speaker 1: Boring and building boring.
Speaker 3: And you know they maybe it just happened to be all of these people for a hundred years just happened to have the same weird, you know, situation.
Speaker 2: It's possible, it's you know, quote.
Speaker 3: Unquot but for generations throughout the towns that were surrounding this area, they all had stated the same thing, that they saw this door and that no one could understand it, No one knew who built it. The damn thing keeps vanishing, keeps moving places. It is clearly something that a lot of people have seen experience. People had There had been lots of rumors for over one hundred years of men going up into these the hills and just completely disappearing. Yeah, and you know some would come down with nothing in their hands. Some would never come down at all, and people were just like, Yep, it's a risk you take. And then there's warn And talking about his stuff. And at the same time those four men disappearing the same year and that woman before him talking about the lizard people. So you guys can take whatever you want from this. But I thought, as we're talking about tunnels and things that could go out to the ocean, that we all believe, or at least some of us believe that there is aliens in the ocean for sure, that if it really was as an alien race, maybe they are transversing back and forth between these tunnels and the ocean.
Speaker 1: Also worth mentioning, uh So, a lot of times when we talk about underground places like this, lizard people and mole people get brought up in the same context, almost interchangeably. So to my knowledge, with the research that we have done, we didn't see anything as far as like mole people living under La. There was a lot of lost.
Speaker 3: Stories about Las Vegas and New York are the places that we will get to that has mole people.
Speaker 1: Right, But as far as under La goes, all we can find was the lizard people. We're all in the same yes.
Speaker 3: And also and also I know a lot of people are going to bring this up because of the videos that are circling all over the internet. Subtroplis is not actually in LA. I did way too much research trying to figure out if it was in LA or not. It's actually in Kansas, Missouri. So when we start going across the country, I am definitely going to do a big one on this this because that's been the big focal point for the least the last six months of these videos that you see popping up on your feeds and stuff of like, did you see this giant underground city and it has McDonald's and all this stuff and it's underneath La and blah blah blah. It's actually not underneath La, but there is a whole bunch of tunnels and a whole bunch of shit underneath LA.
Speaker 2: So that that doesn't take away from the conversation.
Speaker 1: But yes, absolutely So, Now with that, let's get back to the underground of LA and one of the more you know, specific individuals when you think of you know, the what you might call LA Royalty at one point in time. Let's talk a little Hugh Heffner. Let's talk a little Playboy Mansion, and he really was a despicable human being. And I know, listen, cult members, if there's anybody out there that does not know much about old Hugh Hefner, here's the deal. Although he tried to give off this persona that he was just trying to.
Speaker 2: You know, give women empowerment.
Speaker 1: Women empowerment, tasteful nudity, all these things, we're we're about to you know, cut back the layers on some of this. But the reason why specifically we're gonna start talking about Hugh Hefner on this particular episode is because the secret Playboy Mansion tunnels that led to the Hollywood homes of celebrity casanova's. And there's some controversy surrounding these tunnels. Some are gonna say that they were never dug. There was blueprints that were you know, drawn up, but they weren't actually ever dug. And then there's others that will say no because he hosted pig parties every Thursday night and the pumps and their hookers came to the Playboy Mansion via the tunnels, and there's first hand accounts of this. So we're just gonna get into it here. This is from the messy Nessi's cabinet. I thought that was funny. And on screen right now is a picture of the official blueprint from the Playboy Mansion. The stairway going down. There's two separate tunnels at least in this one picture, and let's get into it here. So, the editorial staff at Playboy dot com recently revealed that they have discovered a bunch of dusty old blueprints, plans, and photographs of an unfinished basement area of the Playboy Mansion, which unveil a network of underground tunnels that allegedly linked Hefner's notorious bachelor's Pad to the home of mister Jack Nicholson, w Beatty, Kurt Douglas, and Jay Caine during the late seventies and eighties. And if you recognize some of those names.
Speaker 2: They're not Kurt Douglas.
Speaker 1: Oh, y know, Kurt Douglas was not a good man at all, but like, yeah, you know, until now, Playboy journalists themselves have have been kept in the dark about these secret tunnels, which is somewhat surprising since Playboy did begin first and foremost as an editorial magazine, and this, to say the least, is quite the scoop, and they have more pictures. By the way, they have polaroids on screen of them digging into and tunneling in the basement of the Playboy Mansion. That's what these pictures are. The clues to the story were hiding in the office archives all this time, polaroids dated to nineteen seventy seven that showed large excavation projects at the residence. When editorial staff contacted the mansion about the polaroids they had stumbled upon, the mansion's current general manager responded, quote very matter of factly and told the journalists that's probably when they built the tunnels in the seventies. So like it's understood these tunnels exist. So for any of the naysayers, they Playboy has acknowledged them. But all right, let's continue a little Dumbfounded, the editorial team promptly made their way over to the Playboy Mansion and were given access by mansion staff to a basement area, where they pretty much went nuts over the treasure trove. They found there old photos, plans, and blueprints clearly indicating that these tunnels led specifically to the home of Jack Nicholson, Kirk Douglas, James can and of course mister Warren Beattie, who all lived nearby. And there's a close up for the record of this. It says clearance may vary northbound tunnel to mister J. Nicholson residence, there was a drainage pipe, pedestrian walkway. All this was written on the blueprints. This is not some sort of a modern hoax. These are discovered and acknowledged by the Playboy company. And here you actually I'm gonna see if I coul zoom in to see, I believe this is actually too okay. This is the mister W. B. D resident's north elevation and it shows how they were going to have to do this tunnel. They were debating if they were going to go higher or lower. There's a higher risk area due to aquifers. They had all this planned out. Hugh Hefner had gone as far as to talk to the city about what was there to see where he could dig.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's mind blowing.
Speaker 3: It's a far jaunt too, Like that's not just like some little like poop little you know, yeah, rockaway like through that's a how far do you think that is?
Speaker 1: Like I don't really know because they show like Sunset Boulevard was around this point. Let's see if I could zoom in on this one. Los Angeles County or country Club was around this area. The Charging cross Road was around this area. So I mean they lived nearby, right. It wasn't like they were going miles by any means, but even still it was a It was a good little walk, but it would also be a lot easier to walk that rather than drive and be seen in all these things, especially for the higher you know, echelon of the fancy tops. But they also showed this same tunnel was going to be tied into Jack Nicholson's residence and Kirk Douglas's residence. The the mister J. Caine residence was going the opposite direction. So this one tunnel was supposed to it go to three different residents to the Playboy Mansion. So the scoop of a lifetime, or at least a pretty epic one, just sitting there all these years in this dark basement, and this is clearly the Playboy Mansion. This is where the basement was going to lead to the stairway, all the things. It's absolutely mind blowing. But when Playboy dot COM's team asked to see the actual tunnel. A staff member said off the record that he'd heard they were closed up sometime in nineteen eighty nine, the same year mister Heffner married playmate Kimberly Conrad. The Playboy journalist then reached out to mister Heffner's reps for Nicholson, Caine, Douglas Embattie, but none of them wish to agree to comment. Shocker, I know.
Speaker 2: I wonder why.
Speaker 1: Well, when we get to later articles that I have pulled up, Raven, it's gonna be abundantly clear because a lot of the truth about Hugh Hefner didn't come out until he was dead. Oh yeah, your boy was basically Epsty before Epstein. And we're gonna get to all of this anyway. The team is now making a plea for more information to readers and their dads who might be any it might have any chance of being hanging around secret entrances to basement tunnels at the mansion in the seventies or eighties. This is Hugh Hefner and his new bride at the mansion back in the day. It seems a little fishing to me. We all know very well that Simmy retired Loathery's, Nicholson, Beattie and the like got up to no good in the good old days. Why would mister Hefner want to keep such a fascinating story from his own magazine. What more could these tunnels be hiding? Well, let's talk about it here. This is a direct quotes from Heffner's former valet reflects on pig Nights with hookers and hef So for anybody who has never heard of what these pig knights were, I'm gonna give you the rundown that we're gonna read the article to kind of confirm in all these things, because I found multiple articles. I found multiple first hand accounts and even some recordings of the people talking about this. Every Thursday night, without fail, every Thursday night, Hugh Hefner would host pig nights. And what he would do is get in contact with every pimp down Sunset and would ask them like to come to his parties and there'd be a big party, big dinner, you know, tons of drugs, tons of all the stuff, all this and essentially see Hugh Hefner, although he hosted a lot of big orgies and all these things, he wasn't really big on participating in these events. He loved sitting in his chair and smoking his weed and watching these things. Even in his own bedroom. He had cameras installed pretty much every square inch of the Playboy Mansion, the grotto, all these things, all like ooh, what happens her stays here? Yeah, except for the fact that he had rooms after rooms after rooms of tapes back in the day when like VHS was all like, that's the best you could do of the things that were going down at the Playboy Mansion twenty four to seven. Right, this was before we had hard drives and memory banks and all this. You had had to have hard copies of all this. And he was somebody who and you might ask if he was doing this for black male purposes. Listen, your guess is as good as mine. I would say yes, personally. But he would sit there and watch. He would hire professional male porn stars and some of the names actually are going to be brought up in this article, who are like way too well endowed to basically break these women. And he would, you know, sometimes if they were so injured, he would like have his valet send them to the hospital and like cut them a check and fuck them they're a hooker. It didn't matter. When he would call the pimps, he would ask how many pigs do you have coming to the party tonight. That's why they were called pig nights. And he was just hiring guys to just absolutely destroy these women, regardless of what happened next. And he was recording all of it, and that that's what he got off to. That's what this man was about.
Speaker 3: There was a lot from his ex girlfriends and stuff about his life, but there was a lot. I watched the you remember that show they had on MTV where they like follow them around and stuff.
Speaker 2: I watched that and I always thought that was really creepy.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of things that didn't like add up also and stuff. And then when you finally hear about their interviews and like what they've been through and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And then the older women that worked.
Speaker 3: At the Hugh Hefner he had he had a bar, didn't he the club?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The Playboy club that they that he had.
Speaker 3: Maybe it would New York the one that he always visited though, like the and they talked like about how he was and how he would like view women and what he would say and do and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Old boy was just absolutely atrocious.
Speaker 1: Oh he hated women like he them. But and then cut too in the same conversation, which we will be talking about in a bit, so he it wasn't just for adult women. He also was I'm not sure if he was.
Speaker 3: Young friends were virgins too, and he loved, well, he loved taking the virginities. The twins were virgins, like that was that was a whole thing for him. He would force him to have sex with them the night that they were in the mansion.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and and multiple clubs he hosted these nights where he had young boys dressed in the bunny costume. And by young boys, I do in fact mean like under the age of like fifteen, like ten twelve, thirteen year old boys dressed in the bunny costumes being the waitresses at these clubs, straight up chieboy shit, like with no weirdness. Everybody was like, oh wow, that's a thing tonight. It's like, wait, what the fuck is wrong with you? And this is also from the same guy, and I've mentioned it a few times. We're gonna do it. We're gonna read an article about it in a minute. Who hosts or who basically published the Sugar and Spice edition of Playboy, where the girls were extremely young. One of them, a girl you might know now as the actress Brooke Shields, was modeled full nude at ten years old. The worst part of that is that her mother signed off on it, which we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely horrific.
Speaker 1: So when we talk about his affinity for watching very disgusting acts and recording everything in the house, and these tunnels that are allegedly or not allegedly, they are confirmed, like built the pig Knights with the hookers and all that, let's just go into it and please understand that while so many people saw Hugh Hefner as like a visionary, he's iconic, he's this, he was a absolutely disgusting human being. Let's get into it here. So from nineteen seventy eight through nineteen seventy nine, Stefan Tattenbaum, who is this guy sitting in this chair right here? If you were on Patreon, you could see him worked as Hugh Hefner's valet, doing everything from restocking Playboy's founder's fridge with necessities like perfectly chilled pepsi and cleaning sex toys. After Hefner's infamous pig Nights, when the rogue clad, hef would call in prostitutes for his friends. Tettenbaum, now sixty seven and a sculptor living in Redono Beach, California, shares his stories with the post. My job as mister Hefner's valet was to take care of him in a very personal way. I prepared his sick menu, which was Pepsi, Campbell's chicken noodle soup and Eminem's whenever he felt ill, which was often because he was a hypochondriac. I also made sure that the maids took all the sex toys down to the basement after use and washed and sterilized them before returning the gadgets to the secret compartment above his bed. On certain nights, mister Hefner had prostitutes brought up to the mansion and he would entertain them with a big dinner and invite his friends to come and participate in different intimate acts with them. It was called pig Night. Sometimes the women had penises, and Hefner didn't want to be involved with that, although some of the other guests, especially John Belushi, they didn't mind. Now, I don't know if that's confirmed or not, but there it is. Hugh most of the time never had sex with women. He was more interested in watching. He would hire famous male porn stars, including John Holmes, with huge penises, and watch them have sex with different girls he brought in. Hugh sat there in his favorite chair, smoking a joint and eating red liquorice and watching. I had to go into the room afterwards, and if the girls couldn't walk, I had to have I would have to escort them to the bedroom so that they could recuperate. Hef sometimes gave bonuses to women because the sex acts were so painful. Yeah, this is the guy pie. Like I said, y'all, this was Epstein. Before Epstein. He always filmed the encounters. He had two large video cameras over his bed and had these giant screens across from his bed. He had a whole library for these sex acts with different people. And the video librarian told me have planned to use the footage against his associates if they ever threatened to come out with a memoir about him or the mansion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, it's crazy tale as old as time.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? For many people, the Playboy mansion was a safe haven from the proparazzi and private detectives. A married comedian came for years, bringing different girls to have sex with. I had to take many food trays into the room where he was with these girls. There was always cocaine around, though Heffner did not partake, preferring weed. He would often have parties where he invited all the marijuana growers in California to the house. The entire grounds were under surveillance. There were cameras everywhere, and all the phones were bugged. The staff had to be very careful, and the men weren't allowed to speak to any of HEF's girls or socialized with them. But if one of hef'sus bunnies, I'm sorry. If one of HEF's bunnies was out by the swimming pool and requested a lobster or a cheeseburger, you deliver it to her and put the tray between her legs. While she oiled her legs, you'd see all the sorts of toys that were attached to her vaginal areas. That's weird, but all right. The girls loved to tease me. You also weren't supposed to be married. If you worked for Hef. It was one of the rules, which somehow he ignored for me since my wife also worked at the mansion as a greeter during the parties. Wow, Heff was not Yeah, Heff wasn't a kind man. If he tasted the pepsi and it wasn't cold enough, he would throw it away and call me to replace it. I don't know if he ever even knew my name. He would just call me Valet. He was very brutal to his girlfriends and sex partners. He made sure they had breast implants. In those days, the implants were new and they would shift and burst, and I witnessed many women who had this done, begging and crying to have to help them, and he would put them back in the hospital and discard these women. He didn't care. They were disposable. I really didn't feel anything when I heard that half died. He started out as an innovator and was a very liberal guy. He was pro abortion and gay rights in marijuana. He was very ahead of his time, and then when he moved to Chicago, or from Chicago to Hombly Hills, he became just another dirty, old rich man. Okay, so this is from a former valet for Hugh Hefner, and there are tons, tons of stories of first hand accounts from these pig nights. This is not just like an article you could find. There's literally tons. So to circle back, some of the valets have come forward and said that they were picking up these women and their pimps on the carts and driving through the tunnels to get to the mansion rather than have you know, because these pig knights weren't. You're Hugh Hefner, you know what I mean. You got bunnies, these women, the most gorgeous women on earth. All of this, you want them to be in the limelight, the hookers from Sunset and their pimps. You don't want them pulling up and having people see them pull up to your establishment. That lowers the caliber. So he would sneak them in through the underground tunnels and they would make their way up the stairs and into these bedrooms where he would just watch men do horrible shit to them and record it just so he could enjoy it. He was a sick, sick, disgusting guy. It anyway, moving forward to the next article, and again, as we were talking about moving people through the tunnels, under the Playboy mansion, and we talked about the male the young boys that he had at other establishments, and some of these prostitutes were also of the trans varieties. So just any and everything went as far as half was concerned, because he was all about like sexual liberation. Yeah, to the level of his own publication showing a young Brooks Shields on screen right now, thankfully covered up to where you cannot see the nude parts of her body. This is Brookshields when she was ten years old in as a centerfold to the Sugar and Spice addition of Playboy magazine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so discussing, so.
Speaker 1: Do we think it was just women and our adults that was being traveled in your trafficked I should say through these tunnels to helf, I personally don't think so. Right, it is a buyer's market after all, as let's talk about it here. The Richard Prince photograph of Brooks Shields that Tate Modern recently withdrew from the exhibit exhibition Pop Life after Scotland Yard suggested it might break obscenity laws. Yo, fucking might anyway, traveled across the Atlantic, carrying a long history of controversy. It shows a tear year old, shields oiled and glistened, naked and make made up, posing in a marble bathtub with a seductive danger that beliles her years. She has, in Prince's description quote, a body with two different sexes maybe more, and a head that looks like it got a different birthday. What a fucked up description of a ten year old in a playboy.
Speaker 2: Terrible, Like the whole thing is horrible.
Speaker 3: I've actually looked into this before and like, yeah, it's and the pictures are just absolutely terrible too, like and like it's pure child porn, that's all.
Speaker 2: She wasn't the only she wasn't the only one either.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there is Tyle magazine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they had like sixteen seventeen year olds, twelve year olds. They had quite a few features in twelve year olds. I mean, hell, they push for her after that to be featured obviously naked.
Speaker 2: In the Blue Lagoon as well.
Speaker 3: Yep, and like I think she was what thirteen fourteen years old and that like yeah.
Speaker 2: And people just went along with it.
Speaker 3: That's what kills me, is like they actually produced this and just didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: She her mother was okay with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get to that. So for those that don't know, and I've talked about it in passing a few times, let's break this down. And all this was done not only with Hugh Hefner's approval and thumbs up. He was the one that was pushing it. So let's talk about it here. When artists Collier Shore sublet Prince's studio in the nineteen eighties, the photograph was hanging in the hallway. Quote this dude had a picture of a naked ten year old in the hallway of his studio. The quote unquote artist the photographer. But let's talk about it. I always thought that it was a perverse picture, and he said. He has since made a documentary about Prince and befriended Shields when she photographed the actor's model last year for Interview magazine. Quote, I found it really disturbing. But my impression always was that Richard made the piece because it was disturbing. It tells you everything about what we fear and desire. Yeah, maybe for some people. Prince shorttells has never made has never met Shields. Intent on questioning notions of authorship and originality. He rephotographed an existing image that had already inspired two years of legal debate. The original picture, for which Shields was paid four hundred and fifty dollars four hundred and fifty dollars for this ten year old to be naked in a magazine for grown menem was taken by fashion photographer Gary Gross in nineteen seventy five for a Playboy publication titled Sugar and Spice. It was one of a dozen images of Shields designed, according to Gross, to reveal the not so latent sexuality of the pre pubescent child. That's I'm sorry, yes, I know if you threw up in your mouth a little bit, just now, that's the correct response. Good cult members out there listening. I'm very sorry, but here we are. Though the pictures were taken with her consent, in nineteen eighty one, Shield's mother sued Gross on the grounds that his continuing sale of them was damaging to her daughter's reputation, and she obtained a provisional band on their further use. So the mother who gave the thumbs up later sued the dude. But okay. By then, Shields, who began modeling at eleven months, had achieved national notoriety. She starred as a child prostitute in Lewis Mal's nineteen seventy eight film Pretty Baby, which included a scene in which her virginity is auctioned. And in nineteen eighty she starred in Richard Avedon's pro blah blah blah provocative advertising campaign for Calvin Klein jeans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was also pretty bad too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she says, you know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing. She was fifteen years old, and she asked us in an ad that was censored by American TV networks. So like, okay, just so we're all on the same page. This poor girl by her mother. Her mother was pushing her into these positions to be I would say, taken advantage of at the highest levels.
Speaker 2: International signed off of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she because of the the laws, the mom had to be present in all these things. A mother signed off on her child being seen or starring as a child prostitute in a film where her virginity was auctioned off the Yeah. This was three years after she had been featured in Playboy. And it's just like Jesus Christ, woman, somebody get this child away from this mother. So Gross's lawyers argued that this photographs or his photographs could not further damage Shields reputation because since as they were taken, she had made a profitable career as a young vamp and a harlot, a seasoned sexual veteran, and a provocative child woman, an erotic and sensual sex symbol, the Lolita of her generation. That's a direct quote. The judge concurred, and while praising the pictures quote sultry sensual appeal. I'm gonna say that one more time, just everybody understands what the fuck I just said. The judge agreed with the fact, with what he was saying that, oh Brookshields. Oh, she's a young vamp and harlot, a seasoned sexual veteran, provocative child woman, erotic sex symbol, the Lolita of her generation. And he agreed and praised the pictures the ten year old naked girl the sultry sexual appealed and ruled that Gross was not a pornographer. Quote. They have no erotic appeal except to possibly perverse minds. After the judge just said that, he praised the sultry sensual appeal. What the fuck are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That decision was overturned by an appeals court, thank god, But in nineteen eighty three, the original verdict in Gross's favor was upheiled. Yeah, So Prince appropriated Gross's image later that year, renaming it Spiritual America after a nineteen twenty three pictured of a gelded horse midriff in genitals beside the point, and exhibited it anonymously in a rented shop front in New York's Lower East Side. He later explained that the two year legal debate about Gross's image and the final ruling against censorship had made him feel patriotic direct quote. Prince enshrined it as a kind of coda to celebrate freedom of expression. A naked ten year old girl. Well yeah.
Speaker 3: He also went on later in like two thousand and nine and said that like this was like his best work, like it's been the most famous photo that he's ever taken in still to this day, and that it wasn't supposed to be porn. It was just supposed to be a woman looking sexy. A woman looking sexy as you have the most amount of makeup you can possibly put on a ten year old and have her trying to present herself as a woman at ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, glistened up, makeup, oil, the whole nine. Yeah, that's not what it's meant to be. It's expression, obviously, and the judge concurred, m hm, direct quote. Brookshields didn't have a problem making that picture because she was play acting in front of the camera and that's what she does. I don't think she ever felt like she was a victim of his camera. I think she felt like she was a victim of his greed and to some extent, a victim of her mother's p judgment. I think she was happy when Richard took the picture and made something of it because it was a big fuck you to Gary Gross. Yeah. I don't think so, but let's continue. Not keen to embark on another expensive legal case. When Prince asked for permission to feature the work in his nineteen ninety two show at the Whitney Museum in New York, Gross settled for two thousand dollars offered by Prince's lawyer. The photograph was the title work for princes two thousand and seven retrospective at the Gunningheim in New York, where it appeared without incident. Gross, seventy one years old, continues to exercise his right to sell pictures of Shields, though eBay prevented him from auctioning prints of them on the site. Thank god. He is now a dog photographer and trainer in New York. He goes from this celebrated photographer and all that to being a dog trainer. In January two thousand and eight, one of Prince's pictures, an untitled image of a cowboy, sold for three point four million, the most expensive photograph ever sold at auction. Wow. Yeah, so just the entire thing is absolutely disgusting, y'all, this poor girl, and you could read more about it if you want to. I'm not really too keen to do that myself. But this poor girl's mom not only signed off on the picture going into a porn magazine, the acting job where she was auctioned off for her virginity, the acting job where she was also nude again Blue Lagoon right as a yeah ago, all of this completely thumbed up by mom only. And then keep in mind Brooks Shields actually appeared on the cover of Playboy when she was in her twenties, so like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, god, it is so fucked up.
Speaker 3: But this, oh yeah, the one where she was actually like the Pretty Baby or whatever movie. It was, Oh my gosh, she actually has to, like pretty much in almost nude seduce a man that's like in his late thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and like they were just like.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's totally okay, she's just acting, right, She's just acting.
Speaker 2: So it's uh it.
Speaker 1: Talking more about the La tunnels and the ones going under the Playboy mansion, I am of the belief, good cult members, and you make your own judgment here that not only did Hugh Hefner have tunnels that were connected to very prominent actors in Hollywood, not only did he have tunnels leading out to certain spots so that he could bring in pimps and uh, you know, hookers to the house to do pig nights. I am also of the belief that he smuggled in and trafficked young children into the mansion to be used as blackmail against his enemies, like he literally admitted he was doing. So that's just me. You make your own judgment, but yes, these tunnels absolutely exist. Continuing onward, Raven Lee showed this video. This is from one of the girls that was an early early accuser of p Diddy and everybody thought she was crazy two thousand's.
Speaker 3: Also, she is allegedly tupas so apparently one of his daughters potentially. But everybody at least understands her conversation about Diddy.
Speaker 2: Even Kat Williams has brought her up and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's been out here shouting on the rooftops about the celebrities being fucked up for twenty six plus years.
Speaker 1: So everybody thought she was crazy. Everybody wanted to write her off until the shit came out. Let's watch this.
Speaker 2: Warehouses underground.
Speaker 9: There's actual homes underground.
Speaker 10: People built these tunnels, and they built.
Speaker 2: Them for decades.
Speaker 10: There's a lot in elite celebrities. Then go down there for parties.
Speaker 1: Wow, satanic rituals underneath the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 2: I was there for a cock party.
Speaker 10: We walked through the museum through the garden area and employees led us to underground tunnels. We had to take an.
Speaker 2: Elevator and stairs. We had to be led. There is no way that.
Speaker 9: You can just walk into a tunnel. The entrances and the exits are in your face. But there's no way that you can just walk through tunnels. You'll get stuck, You'll go deeper and deeper and you won't be able to come back out because it's hard because the tunnels run all different directions for miles and miles and miles and miles, so if you go down the wrong one, you'll get stuck, and it's confusing to turn back around.
Speaker 2: And get back to our you're going, So you have to be lead in and out.
Speaker 10: I think people assume that when you get underground, it's just this dirt, and you keep going deeper and there's more dirt and then there's cages.
Speaker 2: No, no sow. It works.
Speaker 10: The Playboy Mansions, the Playboy Mansions.
Speaker 9: I met some really elite people when I was there.
Speaker 10: I had to do jobs with some elite celebrities.
Speaker 8: I'm a psychomedium, so I actually like every time I walk past this house. And obviously the Playboy Mansions are there, and we know about the tunnels that connect from the play to here.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they fact there are places that connect.
Speaker 1: So what kind of energy? What kind of energy are you picking up?
Speaker 8: It's like there's just like darkness. I mean it's in general, like there's always I've always had weird feelings on this street. Yeah, well, the play ends is down there, so I always out of the Playboy mansion. It wasn't until probably a year ago that I realized this from Titty's house.
Speaker 6: Can not believe what went on underage Playboy magazine. Of course, it has just discovered blueprints for a network of tunnels beneath the mansion that supposedly led to the homes of Jack Nicholson, Warren Baby, James Kahn, and Kirk Douglass. Now dig this a photo from the late seventies allegedly showing an excavation in progress beneath the.
Speaker 1: Mansion, which we just talked about. So absolutely, and again, is it also crazy to just ponder that one of these tunnels from the Playboy mansion also led to Diddy's house. Seeing as how I was like, right there, I'm just don't help it.
Speaker 2: It's not a weird thing, I'll say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's especially when trading girls and bringing young children in doing all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, we know that they were doing all sorts of.
Speaker 3: Hainous shit to the young kids that are in the industry, let alone what they were doing and bringing in homeless people, homeless children, sex trafficked, you know, children, women, boys, I mean everything. So, yep, the tunnels have been utilized for their nefarious purposes.
Speaker 1: They absolutely have. So now we get to this viral thing that went about about a year ago, give or take maybe two years. Actually, I'm looking at the date on this. It was twenty twenty four in November, where there was this barista that claimed that he was working at the Starbucks that is underground in LA And just to refresh everybody's memory of what this guy was talking about, let's go ahead and listen to him.
Speaker 11: While driving in Los Angeles. How come you've never seen like Will Smith stuck in traffic on the four or five. Yeah, I've never seen a one percenter just in their car stuck in traffic.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 11: That's because they're there's a series of intricate tunnels underneath Los Angeles known as the Actor Bart. I'm not kidding. Like, they get access points to move through the city without ever having to be in traffic. You can come up in LAX, you can pop up at Dodger Stadium. Underneath there in those tunnels is Starbucks is set up at different locations to allow them to get coffees while they're driving. All of them Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: You've seen Seinfeld down there?
Speaker 11: No, No, I've seen Seinfeld down there. Dude, Almond milk latte two shots?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is he a good tipper? They don't have to pay.
Speaker 11: So this has been underneath Los Angeles for a few years now, I mean.
Speaker 1: How long has this been there for?
Speaker 11: I mean it predates me. It seems like the city was built on top of it. So, I mean, I think this goes all the way back to the twenties.
Speaker 1: That this doesn't seem almost this is crazy.
Speaker 11: I imagine how I sound saying it to people.
Speaker 1: So he's also brought up that it goes to Dodger Stadium, which goes back to another article we read already about tunnels under Dodger Stadium connecting to the rest of the city.
Speaker 2: Yep, the Lizard people tunnels.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So is there at least that crumb of truth to what he is saying or is he actually speaking on behalf of first person account? And honestly, that doesn't shock me that there's tunnels that even if these are older tunnels that were made for the whatevers and whatevers, but these days the actors use them to stay out of the public eye. Yeah, I could buy that absolutely. And of course Starbucks are just gonna pay their employees like a higher rate to work underground, to give the celebrities and the wealthy elites their morning Joe on the way to the studio or wherever they're shooting. Yeah, that checks out to me personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mean too. I mean it's an interesting theory.
Speaker 3: But if what the is, If what people believe is true about the old knowledge about the tunnels in the city, and we know that there's a lease expansions and there's all sorts of stuff going on with the sewer tunnels, why wouldn't they utilize this?
Speaker 2: But who knows? It could be very much just a bullshit claim that something just made up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I agree, Jesus, Oh what that was about? Now, I would absolutely agree with you. And so let's talk more about this here. Secret Los Angeles, that's the name of this or the publication rumors are true. There was a secret celebrity tunnel under LA and it's not the only one in town. The suspicion of many and an open secret has now been confirmed, shedding light on one of LA's biggest urban legends. So Los Angeles, with its rich history and statues. As the world's entertainment capital, is the setting for countless urban legends of all kinds, from the lizard people to the disappearances at the Cecil Hotel. The city is full of stories of questionable truth. Perhaps one of the most famous is the decades old rumor dating back to the forties about a supposed tunnel connecting the world famous celebrity hideout, the Chateau Marmot, to the night club The Players. Okay, the hidden tunnel that linked Hollywood's elite hotspots. So this is called the Pink Taco, which is hilarious. It's a place on Sunset, according to an article published very recently by sf Gate, I think at San Francisco Gape, there actually was a secret tunnel connecting the hotel to a b A building down the hill on Sunset. The underground passage was supposed to help celebrities to visit The Players. It's a lively club owned by the filmmaker Preston Sturgis, featuring guests like Howard Hughes and Lauren Bacall on stealth mode. Essentially. In twenty twelve, a group of construction workers found what was left of the tunnel while fixing up the restaurant Pink Taco, which was the old Players building, confirming the story after decades of mystery. The tunnel had been closed off by the city years ago, so no one knows for sure where it started, where it ended, or which celebrities used it. I gotta say Colin bullshit on it, but all right. The Players shut down in nineteen fifty three, and the building later became home to popular nightclubs, including the well known Roxbury, which if you're a fan of you know, old School SNL and will Faro movies, you would know night at the Roxbury anyway, even though you can't walk through it anymore. The tunnel's discovery adds to the mystery of the Chateau Marmon and keeps the spirit of old Hollywood secrets alive. But that's not all there is, in fact, the underground network beneath la and you see right here it's just a wide tunnel that is meant to be driven down. They even have a sign saying sound horn when you come up on it, because there's no mirrors or anything to let you know somebody's about to t bone you anyway. In late twenty twenty four talk video by comedian Stephen Randolph went viral after actor Billy Posley or Posley jokingly claimed that LA celebrities could skip traffic by using hidden tunnels called the Actor Bond, complete with a secret underground Starbucks where the coffee was free. The story blew up online, but Snopes later confirmed that it was pure satire and Starbucks itself denied the claim. For the record, he went back on that podcast recently to confirm more of the stories. Still, the very viral rumors stuck struck a chord because it plays off something real. LA does have historic underground tunnels dating back to the Prohibition Area era. Rather once used for moving liquor and other illsted activities, these tunnels stretch roughly eleven miles beneath DTLA Downtown LM and used to be hidden passageways to speak easies like the basement of the King Eddie Saloon. But beyond their nightlife history, the tunnels also connected key government buildings such as the Whole of Justice, Maclaire, Shortage, Fultse Criminal Justice, and the Stanley Mosque Courthouse. Wow, all right, let's see if I could actually know there's no sound on this video. Well that sucks anyway. In the fifties, the tunnels were used to move high profile criminals during trials, including notorious mobster Mickey Cohen. They use They also served to transport valuable assets without public knowledge, like during Operation Midnight in nineteen sixty, when one billion dollars in cash from property tax payments was moved to the new Hall of Administration, Operation Midnight nineteen sixty. If anybody wants to look that one up, go for it. But it's true. They did move a billion dollars in cash in nineteen sixty. A billion dollars is a little bit more than what it is today, you know. Yeah, And they moved it underground, right, just to keep it out of the possibility of being stolen. Parts of the tunnels were also used in filming locations during the Golden Era of Hollywood for movies such as Double Indemnity, Sunset Boulevard, and Kiss Me Deadly. This is also around the timeframe when like the noir style murder films started to get popular. The tunnels were used in a lot of movie sets at this time. While most entrances are now sealed, allegedly, it's believed that some tunnels still serve as shortcuts for government workers. I would also say for the celebrities, Yeah for sure. So with that we go to the next conversation piece. There are tunnels running underneath downtown LA, and here's how to find them. And they have some of the similar images of like soundhorn and stuff like this. In the heartbeat of downtown LA, there's a series of tunnels running between buildings. I first learned about the tunnels from Atlas Obscura, which noted that they once used during the Prohibition to connect various basement speakeasies. Apparently the tunnels eleven miles long. So this week I set out to find them myself. After reading this YELP page, I discovered I needed to find the door in the picture to the left, which that's this one. Here it says Los Angeles County Archives two two three shipping receiving. Apparently this is the door and it's super innocuous, right, oh, just shipping and receiving to the LA County Archives. Nothing to see here. Apparently this is how you get there to the LA County Hall of Records on the western corner of Broadway and Temple. The Hall of Records itself was designed by famous Modernist architecture Richard Neutra, and is worth poking around for architecture buffs. Anyway, it turns out the door is located on the south side of the building, in a covered loading dock. When I arrived, I didn't immediately see it, but I did see a couple of people with decent cameras walking around looking at the building. They seemed to be searching for something, and when I asked, it turned out they too were looking for the tunnels. Their names are Adrian and Holly, and when I showed them a picture on Yelp, they immediately knew what door it was. They hadn't tried it yet, however, because it looked like a back entrance that wouldn't be public exactly, but it is. In fact, According to a sign posted on a nearby plaza, they tunnels. They tunnels. The tunnels are public property and open daily. Here's the sign. It says warning, this mall and pedestrian tunnels are public ways of the County of Los Angeles. They are closed to all users between the hours of eleven thirty pm and six am. During the hours of usage, it shall be unlawful to use these public ways in any of the following manners. One to obstruct or unreasonably interfere with pedestrian traffic. Two to sleep and important that they gave that one. Three to loiter i e. To delay or linger with no lawful purpose, and with the purpose of committing a crime in the opportunity if the opportunity arises. Four to leave baggage or any article of personal property. Violators will be prosecuted to the folkstent of the law blup bah ba bap a California Penal Code Section six four seven C. And so this is an official government posting in one of these tunnels that is completely hidden but in plain sight. After walking through the door, Adrian Holly and I found ourselves in what appeared to be a storage facility filled with boxes of papers. It felt weird because we were behind the scenes in a government building, but a few people walked by and didn't seem to think twice about coming across three strangers. In fact, before we got much further, I asked the lady who was walking around where the tunnels were. She helpfully pointed us in the right direction, which was part of a surprising discovery I made over the course of this outing, the tunnels are actively used by workers in the area. They're relatively obscure and thus interesting to find, but for small group of Angelinos, I didn't know. That's what people from Los Angeles are called Angelino's. They're also a part of daily life. In any case, we walked by more boxes, a row of dumpsters, and then finally found ourselves at the beginning of the actual tunnels. The scene was one born of utilitarian design. Smooth concrete and fluorescent lights made it feel halfway between a business space and a bunker, with just a hint of that eeriness you sometimes feel when you find an urban frontier I mean Jesus. As we pressed on, several things stood out. First, the tunnels became quite hot, presumably from heat to water running through the pipes. The heat increased dramatically the deeper we went. Yeah, you'll have that, and that's not the end of this article. There we go. There's also not much graffiti in the tunnels, which was surprising given the amount of graffiti in La generally. I took this as further evidence that the tunnels are both well used and regularly maintained. And finally it got really noisy as we went deeper. Eventually, the tunnels led us to a dead end and a locked door curiosity. Curiously, even at the deepest, noisiest, hottest part of the tunnels, there was still a young woman walking around who seemed to be leaving work. Ultimately, we turned around after taking some pictures and peering through the gates that led to closed off tunnels. It would have been cool to explore these areas, but what we did see still offered an interesting glimpse into a little known part of La past and present. For some images, click through the gallery below, and if you're watching this on Patreon, you'll be able to see the gallery of the images taken by this explorer on this This is from Jim Darren Pull the second shouts out to you, sir, so again, the tunnels under La are not a myth. They are not a theory being used by government employees and actors. This is a fact. But also it is not the latest tunnel that has ever been dug. Believe it or not. Elon Musk has bored a new tunnel under La. This is called the Hawthorn Test Tunnel. Okay, this is from his boring company. It is a one point one four mile tunnel in Hawthorne, California, intended for testing tunneling and public transportation systems. Constructed between twenty sixteen and twenty eighteen. It was a companied by a mile long above ground tube on nearby Jack Northrop Avenue designed for testing hyper loop and loop based transportation, which was used for student competitions in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen before being dismantled in twenty twenty two. So this single boar tunnel was constructed using a fourteen foot diameter tunnel boring machine, giving a finished twelve foot internal diameter. The roadway has an asphalt surface with autonomous vehicle operation of the Tesla Model three at speeds of ninety miles an hour and up to one hundred and sixteen miles an hour under human control. The boring company subsequently built the Las Vegas Convention Center loop tunnel network. So he has already shown that like, no, we can just bore under cities and make these tunnels. It's no big deal. And I also think that he's doing that to get Tomor's conversation for later on things. But the point is that yes, he also bore underneath Hawthorne, California, And I would argue that, yes, this is a conversation within the LA Tunnel space. But also, come to find out, Elon Musk's company is about to try to connect New Orleans Convention Center to the Superdome. What yeah, Now, why.
Speaker 3: Would you put a tunnel in New Orleans of all the places to put a tunnel.
Speaker 1: This is a crazy flex for Elons. So here's the deal. For anybody that doesn't know Katrina happened, why did it happen in the way that it did. Yeah, the levee broke, But New Orleans is a bowl. It is below The entire city is below sea level. So this is why anytime it rains, they have pump systems to pump the rainwater out and into the Mississippi River and into the Delta. So for some person, this is also why cemeteries. You have to bury your dead above ground. That's why we have mausoleums all over New Orleans. You can't dig. You dig two inches into the ground, you're gonna hit groundwater.
Speaker 2: It's put a tunnel. That's insane for.
Speaker 1: Anybody that doesn't know the Convention Center to the Superdome. It's not a very long jaunt, but it is also really close to the water at the convention center area. And doing this, you're going not you're going below below sea level in a place that holds water. If he is below now street, yeah yeah, if he is able to successfully do this.
Speaker 2: That is I would never drive in it a day in my life.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely not. This news article is from May twenty seventh of this year.
Speaker 3: You just waiting to die, basically, you literally waiting to die, especially if a rain hits up.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, apparently the mayor petitioned him, which the mayor of New Orleans is an absolutely horrible human being.
Speaker 2: In an other well, she's getting.
Speaker 3: Brought up on charges anyways, like more charges. Again, this is like the tenth time this woman's been charged.
Speaker 1: So I don't know why she is in the position she's in other than the fact that, Yeah, listen, I'm not trying to use this opportunity to take this standpoint. But I also don't believe that everybody should be allowed to vote. I'm sorry. I believe there should be a baseline level test or you have to be in a certain you have to at least pay taxes in some way, Like it's anyway anyway, not getting on that soap bux.
Speaker 2: We're talking about tunnels, I know.
Speaker 1: So Elon Musk's boring company could build a tunnel connect to New Orleans Convention Center with a major hotel near the Superdome, reports The Advocate, a paper report that documents show that in February, New Orleans Mayor Helena Moreno fuck Her applied to the company's tunnel Vision Challenge with a pitch that New Orleans could benefit from a boring tunnel. Moreno's proposal notes that while the earnest North Memorial Convention Center and Hyatt Region and see New Orleans are only one mile apart, traveling that distance is unreliable during Mardi Gras and events at the super Dome. So we are talking about give or take festival. Carnival season in New Orleans is about two months long, give or take realistically, and she's saying that it is so hard to get from the Convention Center to the Superdome for two months that we need a tunnel connecting them.
Speaker 2: Obviously, that's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So Marina, the proposal landed New Orleans on a list of three winners of the challenge, with the company pledging to fund a proposed NOLA loop of a rigorous diligence process determine the project as feasible. It is unclear, according to the Advocate report, if any progress has been made since March. But yeah, this is this is a whole thing. Also, SpaceX has been rumored to expand into Louisiana as well. Heard that, Yeah, so that's that's just something to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, you know, interesting about that.
Speaker 3: But getting back to LA and their tunnels, let's talk about it. So this is actually really this has happened what yesterday, two days ago? Yeah, this article, So there's been obviously we we understand that there's tunnels. We understand that LA has a big problem with the homeless.
Speaker 2: We obviously they have skid row, and we.
Speaker 1: Also know that these tunnels go under skid row. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Then they have you know, they're going to be hosting the Olympics, which is a huge thing. And there's a lot of conversations after the fires that there's more more homeless people than ever before and they want to get rid of them because they need them to leave.
Speaker 1: You got to clean up the seats whenever you have company over. It's the same thing that Gavin Newsom did when Jija Pin came to California, he all the homeless people in LA were just not there crazily, and it's like, what do you mean? And he even said, we got to clean up your house before you invite company over, and it's like, that's that's a thing you just said on camera. But all right.
Speaker 3: I mean, they very well could have been sold off to experimental science labs taking out into the underground military tunnel bases that everybody believes that are all throughout California.
Speaker 1: You know, But he busted them to Oakland. He used state tax dollars to hire buses and just basically forcibly rounded up all the homeless people and just shipped them north for a little bit until she left, and then they just like found their way back.
Speaker 3: I mean, we did the same thing here for the Super Bowl. We have I wouldn't say we have a massive homeless population since compared to other like Portland in LA and those kind of places, but we were having a growing number of people that were living under specific bridges in New Ork Orlands and is kind of getting to where it was getting way more dangerous in those areas. And then suddenly they round them all up, all their shit disappeared, and they disappeared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is why I never donated to United Way. By the way, United Way is a nonprofit that brings buses to move these people from point A to point B. They've done it for years. So yeah, anyway, anyway, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to talk about this because the tunnels in them are having a whole situation with squatters and the homeless and them getting pretty much buried alive in some of the places.
Speaker 2: So this is a vibe.
Speaker 1: It it is a vibe. It is definitely a vibe. Let's talk about it here. So squatters turn century old tunnels beneath Los Angeles streets into filth filled underground camps. Well, there's no way to talk about people. They're not filth that they are though. Anyway, aging pedestrian tunnels beneath the streets of Los Angeles have been overtaken by squatters who break through fencing and lead the under ground passageways buried in filth. One of the tunnels sits near Sodo Street Elementary School in Boyle Heights. It is one of several pedestrian underpasses across the city that have fallen into disrepair and now draw homeless encampments and illegal activity. According to the report, well yeah, you don't get one without the other. Chain link fences and gates have been installed to seal the entrances, but trespassers keep breaking through. Crews and news cameras have gotten inside. Describe passageways littered with feces, urine, drugs, food, clothing, furniture, and sex toys, all the hallmarks of a homeless encampment. Honestly, clearly a sofa.
Speaker 3: And true, wo, I wouldn't have bet on the sex toys. I'm not gonna lie to you. Realize they cost money. Yeah, like I mean, of all the things, like you know, I wouldn't have thought the sex toy conversation would be entering because they're expensive in your homes.
Speaker 1: So you would think. But uh, you know, the five finger discount is free.
Speaker 2: Right, fair, that's fair.
Speaker 1: But also yeah, no, homeless people they be they be fucking dude. Yeah, they ain't showered in like two weeks. They don't care, man, they are they are out there living their damn life. It's wild. It's yeah, I'm anyway, moving forward. Here a sofa in children's clothing were among the items found in the Boyle Heights tunnel. That's also pretty terrifying. The tunnel network was built roughly a century ago for the opposite purpose, to let school children cross increasingly busy streets without stepping into traffic. Around two hundred and twenty of the tunnels were constructed in the nineteen twenties and thirties and funded by more than a million dollars in bond measures approved by Los Angeles voters. According to the La Times, so again, as far as like the tunnel systems goes, around two hundred and twenty of these tunnels were constructed that is known about. I don't even tell me about the ones that we don't know about, right, They did not last. By the late nineteen sixties, the passageway were already falling out of use, and in nineteen sixty eight, public works officials adopted a formal policy of closing them after the Los Angeles Board of Education warned that many had become unsafe unsanitary corridors attracting criminal activity. That policy led to the closure of several tunnels across the city. The ones still were standing remain a safety concern for the neighborhoods above them. District fourteen City council member oh Jesus christ You Sable Eurado Sure, who represents Boyle Heights, said the tunnel in her district in her Okay, yeah, yes, Sable totally in her district is a public safety thread quote. For years, the tunnel has presented persistent public health and safety concerns, including accumulated trash and debris, flooding and debris flow hazards during adverse weather, and activity inside the passageway that has disrupted nearby school operations. Wow Euraedo Phil filed emotion in February twenty twenty six seeking a permanent closure quote. As previous efforts to adequately close the tunnel have been unsuccessful. There is an urgent need for the city to develop a permanent solution to close the tunnel. This endeavor will advance safer, more accessible streets for our students, educators, workers, families, and surrounding community. She told the outlet that sealing it for good was not a quick fix. A permanent closure requires an engineering evaluation, coordination among the relevant city departments, identification of funding, and approval through the city council process. The push is not new Euredo's processor. Kevin Delone filed a similar motion or predecessor, Yeah, Kevin de de Lyone filed a similar motion in twenty twenty four. Rather than providing safe passage for the Sodo Street Elementary students and parents, this pedestrian tunnel has proved provided harbor for illicted activity and dangerous conditions. The city take steps necessary to permanently close this tunnel and debate ongoing public safety hazards that are taking place at this site. Two motions and two council members later, the fencing is still there and still there, and so are the people getting past it? Wow? Yeah, absolutely so. And it would only make sense that the homeless would take refuge in these tunnels, right, especially ones that haven't been used quote unquote and so long or least one hundred year old tunnels or whatever. Yeah, it would make sense. It's a place to get out of the rain, you know what I mean. You can set up shop and if people are like, yeah, hey, I need to get by you, rah, fuck off. Right, you know what I mean, you're a homeless person. You could just do what you want. Nobody's coming.
Speaker 3: Stoping drugs and everything else they got going on, in child child situations that are happening, everything that's going on. I mean, they're also living underneath the bridges. There's like this one guy that's like famously living under this one bridge all by himself. He just got like a whole ass mattress down there and stuff. There's like this guy's been keeping up with him and really nice dude. He just is homeless. But like his whole situation, you have to like crawl through stuff and then crawl down this other thing and crawl over this stuff, and then there you are. You're basically underneath this complete bridge and it's like its own little tunnel system down there.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing, right, most of the homeless, and no I'm not gonna say the unhoused or the shelterless, that's that's liberal dumb shit. The homeless, these people, most of them are there by choice. I understand that there are some real people out there that fell on hard times, hit a string of bad luck, and like they found themselves homeless like that. Yes, this does happen one hundred percent, but I would argue that ninety eight to ninety nine percent of the homeless population in America are there so that they can live and do drugs and do whatever the fuck they want without people bothering them and no one holding them accountable, you know what I mean, their family not breathing down their neck to try to like get them help. Like they don't want help. They want to live a lawless lifestyle, so they're doing that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I mean there is a good there is a good portion that they're happy the way that they're living, Yeah, and that's what they want to do. There is people that are down on their luck. There is people that have lost everything, There's people that are going through things. There's a lot of different circumstances of why people are homeless, but there is a good portion of them. And I've done a lot of work with the homeless since I was young, beeing homeless, helping shelters, doing all this stuff, and I will say, like, there is a portion of them that really just they want to live this way because they don't want to have any responsibilities.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, like their biggest problem like oh no, I may not have anything to eat today, but like whatever, cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, but they can find food and stuff in a lot of different places.
Speaker 2: Is now. They heard it back in the day.
Speaker 1: And this article starts talking about the Soto Street Elementary School. We just talked about that in the last article, So I'm gonna kind of skip ahead a little bit. They got pictures though, of some of the images, right, chain link fence, a tunnel system.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to kind of show some of the pictures of what was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt though. That's that's ya sobo. Yeah, that's the Yeah. Yeah, this is the chain link fence that I mean, yeah, it's there. They could still get down there pretty relatively easily. It's a fence jumping away, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a whole bunch of places that are open like this all over the place. And the manhole cover conversation is where it actually started for me, because they just had another kid, he's like twenty something year old kid that they were closing up one of the manholes and there they were and he was he was about to get sealed into the manhole. There was a lady and her kids that just almost got sealed into a manhole. There's a lot of them that are moving throughout the city and these sewage passageways and that they are living down there and created an entire community. But before we read this whole thing, I did want to give credence to one of the reasons why there is a portion of tunnels is due to the Chinatown situation that happened.
Speaker 2: There was a Chinatown.
Speaker 3: There was about six thousand residents at one point in eighteen seventy one in Los Angeles, and one hundred and seventy two of them were Chinese. They had, you know, they were facing the same stuff everyone else was facing in all the other locations. You know, a lot of different issues that were happening. There was actually like gang rivals situations that's going on between the two head leaders in Chinatown, which.
Speaker 2: Resulted in this whole situation.
Speaker 3: Of a kidnap, a young Chinese woman being kidnapped, and then a shootout happened between several Chinese men that broke out in the middle of Negro Alley is where a lot of them were located at, and this resulted in police officers, two police officers being hurt, and one death of a civilian that was actually a really well known and very popular, well loved former saloon owner. So when this happened on October twenty fourth, eighteen seventy one. This is one of the biggest massacres in American history.
Speaker 2: That happened.
Speaker 3: Five hundred of the town's people got together and basically stormed Chinatown. They ended up lynching seventeen people as young as eighteen years old as one of the victims. They the first man was hung and then buried that night before, and then the rest of them, the seventeen bodies were laid out in front of the jail yard as evidence. Basically, the grand jury indicted people, eat of the rioters convicted of manslaughter charges. Charges were overturned on a legal technicality, and the defendants never never were retried. So basically they slaughtered seventeen people and got away with it.
Speaker 2: And so this is actually.
Speaker 3: Technically one of the biggest massacres that we have. Lynching wise, I think this might be it's the largest mass lynching in US history. And one of the reasons why I brought this up because they utilized the tunnel systems, just like in San Francisco, to stay out of the way of you know, other people that were in town. It wasn't just white people, it was it was a lot of different people.
Speaker 2: They were having feuds with other Chinese people.
Speaker 3: Certain Chinese people use the underground, certain ones used up top.
Speaker 2: It was a whole thing. Well when this broke out, this caused.
Speaker 3: This mass massacre of lynching of people and of Chinese people, And so I thought it deserved its flowers because it's one of the biggest it is the largest one in our history of.
Speaker 2: What has happened.
Speaker 3: So wow, another reason why tunnels were utilized during that period.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I had never heard of that story. Also, but I mean, and it makes sense that Chinatown also has tunnels underneath it because that seems to be the going trend, right every city that we've talked about the tunnels that may or may not be there in the backstory. Somehow Chinatown just makes its way into the conversation as it does. You know, it's either the Chinese Jews, man, they're fucking tunneling. They're doing things, that's is what they're tunneling.
Speaker 3: Because like as we move across the country, I have a feeling we're going to get into more the Jewish population of tunneling, obviously, like in New York and you know, the places that we've actually heard of and stuff. And then I'm curious to see when we get into Houston, that's one of the biggest underground tunnels in cities.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to see what that's for.
Speaker 3: But also we're going to get into the industrial military industrial plexus. We're already to get into the silo situations that actually link up to tunnels that you can actually purchase as a civilian. Right now, Like, there's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Didn't Kylie Jenner's bunker in LA just get completed?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yes, Kylie Jenner spent fifteen million dollars in an LA for her bunker that just was completed. Yeah, And so that's that's another celebrity.
Speaker 2: But there's a whole bunch of them. We know that Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 3: And his whole situation with his tunnels and his bunkers. I mean Oprah has them, they all have them, like they And then there's videos all over.
Speaker 2: The place of officials that.
Speaker 3: Are pulling up like the rug in their offices and being like, oh, hey, look, we got these underground tunnels.
Speaker 2: That we can just drop into.
Speaker 3: So you know, there's the tunnels are everywhere, and this is that's the big thing that I guess, you know, the conversation of the unround entirety of the US being linked together through tunnels and bases and the huge city and that's operating potentially underground. It has been a conversation that's been really heavy this year.
Speaker 2: Do I know if there is a thing, I don't know. I don't know if they all connect, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, if they're just in certain cities. Do they have the potential to connect for sure? Are they going to build these things up?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is it true when we do get in, because we're going to do an episode of just the underground bunkers, the nuclear bunkers. I am going to obviously bring up Bush's Lady that just came out a few years ago saying they spent.
Speaker 2: Like twenty one billion trillion. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I think it's billion dollars on underground cities and all of this. And we're going to get into the actual underground cities themselves and nuclear bunkers and also the elites and things like this. But right now, it's been a fascinating thing to learn so much history about our tunnel systems that I actually didn't realize how many tunnels were on the West Coast because we only touched two cities out of.
Speaker 2: California, and there is so many more.
Speaker 3: In fact, three days ago there was just an article that was released about Santa Barbara and their mystery tunnels that they just discovered. And there's tunnels being discovered all over the place throughout California, and they're being released weekly.
Speaker 2: It feels like there's so many articles that we.
Speaker 3: Seriously could have spent probably five six episodes just on California's, not including Las Vegas, not including you know, Arizona, not including going into the mountain Jews, not including all of the things that are all connected to each other at least in some way, shape or form of Is there aliens? Is there a lizards of people? Are the military doing this stuff? I mean, is it's all the elites using it?
Speaker 2: Are they abandoned?
Speaker 3: And are they actually sealed up? Is their whole communities underneath? How far do they go down?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of questions that are just kind of unanswered completely.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, though, with all the things that we covered today, the one that I'm having the most hiccup with is the lizard people conversation. And it's not because I don't believe in in reptilian aliens or shape shifters or nephilim or or whatever like, yes, yeah, these things. I believe they're out there in some way, shape or form. The one of all these things, the tunnel's being there that we don't know about, for sure, the celebrities using it, for sure, Hugh Hefner all that, Yeah, confirmed, got it. The story from nineteen thirty four from this guy using a device that has not been used since or before, and the whole conversation he had to go and find some sort of a Native American chief to basically give him the green light that what he's doing is like basing something. Do you know how many Native American tribes have a story about lizard people or reptilians or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure quite a few too. Oh really, well.
Speaker 1: Let me rephrase that. The Hopie are one, and then there's some like California tribes that's it. No one else. They may have a story with some sort of like a you know, and not a god, let's make that clear too, not like a serpent style deity, and not like a snake being or some like a person like a they celt and like the snake man. The you know, the human types here, the hybrids, if you will, there's not many at all. So it's like he was grasping estraws on top of grasping of straws. But the biggest hang up I have on all of that, I could get by the story. I can get by, you know, some sort of ancient civilization. I could get through all of that. If his device was so powerful that it could map out an entire underground labyrinth that was in the shape of a lizard, how did it not pick up on the fucking tunnel that they were digging into, or the water that that was about to hit and all of these things. And the oil industry has been in LA for so fucking long. Do you know how many underground tests they've done to map out what's down there? And none of them found the lizard before now, And it's like, well, they would, but they would have kept it quiet. It's like, but would they have? Because I feel like they would have if it is as extensive as the dude was claiming. I feel like they would have accidentally punched a hole in that in some way, shape or form in they're digging. And if they had, which is the mathematical probability, wouldn't that flood the entire tunnel system?
Speaker 3: I mean most of it, though it was covered up, like most of it was built on top of like basically starting as soon as he as soon as they stopped, they started building on top of shit.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah they've so.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't actually know. I think it's a weird thing. I don't really stand the whole radio X ray device. I was trying to find more information on that itself, but he basically got his information from the locals and from everybody around there, because there's been one hundred years of lore.
Speaker 2: Pretty much that's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and then he also had an engineering background and stuff, and he had been working in those areas, and I guess he decided to create this machine and then go out there and try in the locations of which that iron door had been talked about. That people had been guessing that there was hidden Spanish treasure all throughout, that there was some type of gold up there as well. I don't know, to me, like, I don't, you know, I don't, I don't really know if I I think it's really interesting, But I do think the conversation about the iron door, I think is really my hand up with it, because there was so many accounts of people talking about this over a long course of time. I understand that people couldn't figure out I guess where it was. Okay, that put pokes holes in it, but the fact that the conversation kept coming back to the door is warm. There's no way that it looks like we can't figure out how to get into it, and or that it was open and we still looked around it and there's no like rivets in it, and it's really strange, and the air just seems completely displaced and odd, and it doesn't seem weird. It seems really strange. And then they would go right back to it the next day because oh my god, we found this thing, and then it's gone and it's gone, and it's gone.
Speaker 2: It's gone.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's one of those weird things. It's like, oh, okay, so like one person saying it, eh, fifty people saying it, Okay, maybe they just heard some bullshit. A hundred people saying it over a course of one hundred years plus, it's like, okay, maybe there's more to this than just like a story. Maybe this is something a local legend that they're just passing down to each other, you know, and grandfathered his son and you know, one of those things.
Speaker 1: And again the girl too, those with the psychic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the psychic, Like I mean, the psychic weeks five weeks before he even does anything, before he even gets a permit, before it even hit the paper.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't documented by anybody but her friends, who said, oh yeah, a few weeks ago she did say that.
Speaker 3: So like, yeah, she said that, and then and then she sent it in to that journal or whatever it was and stuff, and so.
Speaker 2: I you know, the whole story. All the stories are weird, I'll say that. But also, could there be married at this point? Who even knows?
Speaker 3: I mean, like the conversation of reptilian people has been around or Reptilian aliens, whatever the fuck they are, for sure for a good bit. So could they be underneath there? Maybe it's not like Hills of Eyes fucking people or the Descent people or you know, whatever it's down there, Who knows. Maybe they put an entire alien base down there. Mount Shasta has its own unique stories of what happens around that place in and of itself. And then there's one unknown city apparently, and your guess is as good as mine to be, to be honest, when it comes to that conversation.
Speaker 1: And again, I don't disbelieve reptilians or the lizard people or whatever, like, I'm with that, and I don't inherently disagree with that story. It's just this particular one. It's don't even wrong. It was at least compelling enough for the La Times to run on it and all the other publications.
Speaker 3: In the city council to give grants for it and to help, you know, to give up the machine for it, and to give him funding for it. And they were like convinced enough with whatever evidence he showed them and proved was enough for.
Speaker 2: The council to be like, you know what, there might be something to this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean, above all else here, I think we can all agree that Hollywood LA is being run by the worst types of folks, and if those people happen to be lizard people, then I mean Illuminati confirmed what we're we be talking about here, you know, right. But on top of all of that, I think we can walk away with one very big tech well two very big takeaways from this episode. Good cult members. Number one, LA has a very wild, expansive underground city just beneath the feet of the Angelinos that I just found out as a word. Right, whether it's the oil, the one hundred year old tunnels, the prohibition era, the whatever, these are all confirmed, right, this is insane. And number two fuck Hugh Hefner. I think we can all agree on that. But good cult members, we want to hear from you. What do you think about the underground tunnels under LA? The underground reptilians right, excuse me? The underground lizard pece. Well, I'm not sure which classification these would fall under. Maybe it's the same thing. I don't know. What do you think about the Hugh Hefner conversation? Did you know that LA had such a booming oil industry? We want to hear what you have to say about a good cult members in the best place to let us know would be too Please hit the five stars, hit the shares of lif suscribes to comments, see a postry reviewers, shares to their friends of family, shares that we're here. Is the deal. The more activity the algorithm sees across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted more potential listeners who could that become potential cult members actors? See fine ladies and gentlemen, why are any of it? Chuck gotten metimistics Jonathan Show and getting the same level of respect over there with the five star views and the positivity in the comments. Come check out The Cajun Night and come join each of us for our individual Patreon vizes we host every Wednesday night at nine pm Central. Links to those in the description as well, and we thank you for everybody's already gone to have done so. With all of this being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cults of Conspiracy and I am the Cajun Knight. And there's one very important sting we buy. The piece of information needs to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 2: So so
Speaker 1: Bad, You're back