Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them the shives makes the cat backhand sigh dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot.
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Bink, you're looking real hot.
Speaker 1: Come in get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 5: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: Do it best?
Speaker 2: Overall, Miss Dan Klass.
Speaker 1: Padres fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 5: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome into my Wrongo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 7: Hope you're well on this beautiful Tuesday night here in southern California, as your world champion Dodgers get ready to take on the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 1: Dodgers forty four into.
Speaker 7: Twenty nine on this season, all alone a top the NL West. They have a two and a half game lead over the San Francisco Giants, four games up on the Padres, seven games up on the Arizona Diamonbacks, going into play tonight after show. Hey Otani made his debut on the mound last night. Tonight, Dave Roberts going with a bullpen game and Jack Dryer the left hander. We'll get the start as the first guy out, first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on this team, some reaction from Sho Heo Tani making his Dodgers debut on the mound last night. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vasego's one on one with Emmett Shean, who is gonna come off the injured list and get the start Tomorrow night. We've got your Dodgers magical moment and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night, all eyes and ears, We're on Dodger Stadium for show Hey Otani's Dodgers' debut on the mound last year, designated hitter. The first two and a half months of this season, he was a designated hitter only for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Last night, he made his Dodgers debut on the mound.
Speaker 7: One inning, one run, two hits, twenty eight pitches totally. He touched one hundred miles an hour on the radar gun. He gave up a sack fly to Manny Machado as the Padres glad to grabbed the early one to nothing lead, but show A Otani, the hitter, tied the game up in the bottom of the third with an RBI double.
Speaker 1: It was all tied at one.
Speaker 7: Exander Bogart's an RBI double on the top of the fourth gave the Padres a two to one lead, but the bottom of the fourth belonged to the Dodgers. They got after Dylan Ceas. It all started with Max Muntzi. The one O pitch, Monsey hits it to right field.
Speaker 5: This is down for a hit.
Speaker 3: Ta Oscar comes home, Will Smith being went home. There won't be a play hits A going had knock for Max Muntsey. The Dodgers jump aheit preta two.
Speaker 2: Plux base hit by Monsie. Didn't try and do a whole lot with it, but making sure you make contact, not only get the one run to tie it. They take the lead. And that was just a hanging breaking ball that Mounsi stayed back on.
Speaker 7: Max Monsey delivered with the two run single, Dodgers a three to two lead. They were just getting started. Tommy Edmund RBI single, Dodgers up four to two. Showy Otani and RBI single, Dodgers a five to two lead. Then Mookie Betts tacked on another the old one to bets.
Speaker 3: This ball is hit hard left center field. No one's gonna get that down for a hit. Edmund scores a ton of to third. Don't stop now six two Dodgers. Mookie Bets with the RBI single.
Speaker 7: That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by RCO quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers with five runs in the fourth inning, and they batted around in the bottom half of the fourth as they take a six to two lead. Showey Otani which to pitch the one. Benkersperrius Ate up three to a two. Third innings for the Dodgers, then turned it over to Alex Vesia. Michael Kopek, Tanner, Scott and Kirby Yates got the ninth inning as the Dodgers closed out the win in the series opener last night, six to three. The final Dodgers now forty four and twenty nine on them this season and two and a half game lead in the division going into play tonight with Jack Dreyer on as the opener for the Dodgers. First bitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the gapin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, back at it on a Tuesday evening at Dodgers Stadium. Rick Monday the Dodgers and Padres Game two of four, and I think the big thing heading into Game two was gonna be what happens after Game one show Halotani's first appearance on a major league mound in almost two years, and I think we got our sign looking at the starting lineup for Game two, Show Helotani is in there leading off. Yes, some fatigue after last night, but the fact that he is starting once again.
Speaker 1: That's a huge sign.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many calls you got today about the impressions of show Heyo Tani. About ten of them on my side and field it. And I've got to tell you, is it one inning? First of all, this was an opportunity for show Heo Tani, first time at six hundred and sixty three days to be on the mound. I looked at it to begin with as if he was sticking his toe into the water just to get a feeling of the temperature. And that's a big sign. And for him to come on. Oh, he gave up two bloop singles, okay, final he gave up a base hit on a sacrifice flight as far as a run. But for Otani to come in and finally get back into the fold, yes, it was only a little snippet if you will, But I think leaps and bounds for him to be on the mound, be able to go ahead and complete it. And then by the way, he winds up with two hits, he knocks in two runs, he was on base three different times as a hitter. A who hum night for show Heo Tani.
Speaker 1: Well, actually I disagree. I think it was an abject failure.
Speaker 3: He didn't strike out the side and then lead off the game with a home run. That's what everybody was expecting. That's what everybody was expecting, because with Joeyotani, that is what you have to expect. But in all seriousness, a huge sign a TBD when he appears on the mound again.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts said, there's really no hard fast rules to this.
Speaker 3: They're gonna kind of play it as they go. I thought it was an excellent question from our friend David Vasse. And I'm not saying that because he's sitting right here. The Dodgers about to go on a road trip in Colorado is one of those locations do you want to throw them out there at Coors Field? So it remains to be seen, but I think all in all a positive side that he's back into the day. Another big positive for the Dodgers as a hole, mo is you kind of look from a three hundred and sixty degree angle this ten game stretch against their arch rivals in the division, against the Padres and the Giants.
Speaker 1: They won five of seven to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're also in that stretch too. If you elongated teams with five hundred records are better, they're not playing the bottom part of the totem pole being able to do it. And you look at last night, I mean they're able to stretch the league. Giants were off, but now it's two and a half games in front of the Giants in the Western Division, now four in front of San Diego. Arizona is seven out. But this is a ball club. I think if you look at it overall, last night, a comfort behind victory, I think that gets overlooked as well. If the Dodgers have done it for over twenty times this year, that's the good part of it. They've got some guys that are beginning to swing the bats a little bit better, including you look at Max Munsei. The last fifteen games, a Dodger third baseman is hitting three forty seven with five home runs and thirteen runs batted in. Everybody was saying, well, what's wrong with Munsey's bat? Now enjoy it because it's gotten hot.
Speaker 3: Twenty five comeback victories now for the Dodgers this year.
Speaker 1: They whether it's.
Speaker 3: A comeback win or a blowout win, or any type of win, they'll take it. Tonight as they go for Game two against the Padres, a bullpen game opposite Randy Vasquez, Tim Kates, we'll get it back to you at the studio.
Speaker 7: All right, Thanks lot Nelly, Yeah, bullpen game for the Dodgers. As we count you down to pitch, Dodger fans, get your game, damil on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parler or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from manager Dave Roberts. We'll go one on one with Image Shean. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next you're Otani Rewind as we hear from show Hey himself to lead you up.
Speaker 1: To first pitch.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasis, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's Dodgers and the Padres, Game two of this series. Dodgers riding the three game winning streak, Jack Dryer Randy Vasquez. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewid for.
Speaker 3: The first time since August twenty three, twenty twenty three, Show, Hey Otani is on a big league bump. He's into his lineup and his very first pitch as a Dodger is top foul by Fernando Tactis Junior.
Speaker 1: Strike one has this underway, the pitch is blistered the.
Speaker 3: Other way that will tie the game. One hops to the base of the wall.
Speaker 5: Po heah scorers.
Speaker 3: Otani strikes the second with a stand up game tying double. The third the o one Otani fights a toward right field. This one's gonna drop. I'll jog base hit pop hest hustling Hold had been going for third pop hees scores. Show Hey Otani drives in another that pitcher can absolutely right.
Speaker 7: Show Hey Otani pitch last night goes two for four as well with a couple of RBIs a walk as well. One a night for show Hey Otani starting on the mound as well and pitching that one inning for the Dodgers in a six to three win over the Padres, and afterwards caught up with our David Show.
Speaker 8: Hey, I know you're a team guy, and you guys won the ball game tonight, but the fans are curious to know how did it feel to be back on the mountain tonight?
Speaker 9: Montony, That's what I got.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, I'm very grateful for all this, you know, staff members, people who supported me throughout this whole progress. I'm very grateful that I'm back here healthy and pitching again.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 8: Hey, did you feel full again as a baseball player tonight?
Speaker 4: He Concy second, Majel, I'm up to.
Speaker 10: I thought, I'm not quite happy with the results, but there there were a lot of that I was able to take away from today's out and today's.
Speaker 8: Game on a nightlight tonight where you got so many contributions from so many of your teammates. How much more special is a win and a night like tonight?
Speaker 10: I mean cuts up to you know, I'm talking, it's how much you this.
Speaker 5: I'll put up in lay. Second day, you guys got a kill up.
Speaker 10: It's a really great team win offensively and also they both ended up amazing job holding on to the win and it was a really really nice win.
Speaker 8: Congratulations on a great night show, Hey, great to have you back on the mount and great to see the Dodgers win again tonight.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you all right?
Speaker 1: That show?
Speaker 7: Hey Otani with David Say last night after the one inning on the mound and then driving in a couple of runs for the Dodgers. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the Hey to donate your car today, still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, David Vets goes one on one with imag Shean. I'm next, so we'll get you your injury report and we'll hear from manager Dave Roberts. We're leading up to Dodgers and Padres first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue.
Speaker 7: All season Law Law Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck in ten US on this Tuesday, nineties. We'd lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and the Padres.
Speaker 1: Dodgers winners with three in a row.
Speaker 7: Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Jack Dryer, Randy Vasquez, the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 7: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsold on the IL. Tyler Glass now through a SIM game today on the I L, Blake Snell on the IL through a bullpen session yesterday out of Dodger Stadium. Luis Garcia, Dodger reliever on the IL, the right ad doctor injury. He threw a SIM game yesterday at the stadium immage and you'll hear from him coming up in about thirty minutes. With David Vase, rookie Sasaki on the I L with the right shoulder impingement. Blake trying through a bullpen session yesterday as well, So starting to trend in the good direction for the Dodgers as far as all the arms that are hurt. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and checking with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 5: The questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 6: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: I was a showy feeling and you guys massed out.
Speaker 1: With the next time he made his.
Speaker 11: Feeling good. I think he's just a little fatigued, but it feels good in there tonight. Don't know when he's going to pitch again, so kind of probably do like a you know, touch and feel, you know, sometime this week and then you know whether it's Saturday, Sunday, Monday, something like that. You know, it's kind of the weak situation, but it's not like a hard and fast seven days after.
Speaker 8: Stamp Robert, you guys go to dentor you know, that's kind of taxing on the players.
Speaker 1: Is that a factor in all this?
Speaker 11: I don't think so. I think that right now, when you're talking about one inning or two innings, I don't think it's much of a factor. But yeah, when you start building up more, I think that's more of a conversation. But I think right now, in this infancy, I think we're okay with kind of regardless of where we player he pitches a little.
Speaker 12: Because he kind of entails an serration heat amount to this.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, not at all. No, no thought. It was just more of just talking to the training staff and just said that it was just exciting and just kind of something he hasn't done as far as real life action and kind of energy. So but there's no thought in not having him play tonight. How really good I you know, gave him a fist bump afterward, but just watching the two innings, it was pretty good. Uh, his entire mix two innings, you know, call it forty pitches, uh, command execution kind of stuff in itself. So if it goes well, you know, probably throw a pen here in a few days and then you know, whether it's another simulated game or going out on a rehab assignment. I think that Tyler's in a good spot. Yeah, I would say probably if if if it plays out as such, I would say three as probably a fair kind of.
Speaker 5: Number.
Speaker 7: All Right, there's pager Dave Roberts talking about show Otani, how he feels today, also some expectations for Jack Dryer and what he can give the Dodgers tonight. As the opener, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check out with David Massey as we lead jump to first pitch Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kates as the world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers playing host to the San Diego Padres, Game two of this four game sead Dodgers winners of three in a row going back to the weekend series with the Giants. Jack Dryer the opener tonight first pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 6: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger insider.
Speaker 5: David Basse.
Speaker 7: Joins us from Dodgers Stadium. Game two of this four game set against the San Diego Padres and David. Last night, all eyes, all to talk was about show, hey Otani. We'll get into tonight's game in a moment, but last night was certainly electric with O'tani. How is it the day after, because I know that's a big question as well. How he's feeling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's in the starting lineup, as you know, in his normal spot leading off as the DH Dave Roberts said, there was a little fatigue, but nothing to keep him out of tonight's game. Now the big question is Tim, When is Otani going to pitch again? And we're talking once a week, right, So some speculated Sunday the Dodgers have a travel day to Denver, no game on Monday, so, uh, there's probably two choices.
Speaker 5: If you're sticking with a once a.
Speaker 8: Week and being strict by that rule, that would be either Sunday here at Dodger Stadium, a day game after a night game, keep in mind, but then also the Dodgers will start a series in Denver, and we all know dehydration and the body just not feeling right for even every day normal pitchers or players. Whether or not that's a factor, Dave Roberts said, it's not so I could if I had to choose, if I had to pick, it'd probably be, uh, probably be Tuesday if I had.
Speaker 5: If you had to put a gun to my head, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, hopefully we don't have to do that.
Speaker 7: David brought to you by the twenty twenty five for Foot fifty, the California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light, take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June. The Dodgers got the win last night. They scored five runs in that fourth inning. David got a little electricity with Andy poh Has getting hit by Dylan Cees. The benches didn't clear, but both teams were on alert there for a few seconds. Any repercussions from what happened last.
Speaker 5: Night, I don't think so.
Speaker 8: I think Andy po Has just let the emotions get the best of him. He actually said that after the game last night to a couple of reporters. But I did notice Taoscar Hernandez being the first Dodger to pop out of that dugout to defend his little brother, Andy paie Has, And I thought Tony gwen Junior, who's obviously now a broadcaster for the Padres, brought up a great point that Andy po Has must be feeling really great about himself if he thought Dylan Cees was trying to hit him intentionally. He said, that's a sign of a player that thinks he is the big dog now after you know, doing what he has done so far this season all star caliber numbers. So I don't see Randy Vasquez or Jack Dryer who's opening this game to retaliate or try to keep this going well. And by the way, Tim, by the way, other guys pointed this out to me, Andy POI has has an elbow guard.
Speaker 5: I mean, so you got hit, but you have the elbow guard.
Speaker 7: So what's the problem in ninety seven high and intight though doesn't feel too good.
Speaker 1: No whether it's on the elbow or a pad or wherever.
Speaker 7: It doesn't up hitting yet Tonight Jack Dryer gets to start as the opener. How long, David, do you think we'll see Jack Dryer out there?
Speaker 1: And is this in essence a bullpen game? And it's truest form for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. This is a bullpen game.
Speaker 8: Jack Dryer, if he gets through the first inning cleanly, I could see him come back out for his second inning. But I also can envision Matt Sour again facing the Padres. Remember last week he said records you don't want to set in relief throwing one hundred and eleven pitches, giving up thirteen hits and nine runs. So Matt Sowers certainly will be in the mix.
Speaker 7: David, This Dodgers team overall, I mean, know Tani aside last night, this series against the Padres, we talked about what it meant last week in San Diego, and then they take two or three against San Francisco, they take the opener last night. This is a tough stretch for this Dodgers team, in particular a tough stretch in the division, and they've now won.
Speaker 1: Three in a row, fielding pretty good about themselves.
Speaker 8: Right, We're about to close out this stretch that we that the Dodgers arded back on May nineteenth, where they're playing the best of the best in Major League Baseball, twenty nine game stretch against teams like the Diamondbacks, the Mets, the Yankees, the Cardinals, the Padres, of course the Giants. When the Washington Nationals come to town on Friday, that will end that twenty nine game stretch. And look, the Dodgers are basically treading water in some of those series. So while they're kind of piecing together a pitching staff that has been decimated by injuries. And today Tyler Glassnell took a significant step in coming back. Dave Roberts really had that glow twinkle in his eye talking about Glass now simulated.
Speaker 1: Game, David, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: We'll check back in with you in just a little bit day, will be on TV tonight. I'll have postgame festivities for you coming up here. I'm wrong, because you know, Dodgers on deck we'll check in with Dave. We're check backing with Rick Monday. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment as we lead you up to first bitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and Padres First Pitch set for seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Podres, Game two of this four game set. Jack Dryer, Ranny Vasquez. The pitching matchup. First pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 6: Without a hot Dog who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: We go back to April seventeenth, twenty twenty one, pet Go Park Dodgers taking on the Padres Dodgers in the bottom half of the ninth inning, clinging to a two to nothing lead when Mookie Betts called ballgame well.
Speaker 13: Dodgers, in search of their fourth shutout of the year and their thirteenth win, had a winning.
Speaker 5: Streak of eight.
Speaker 13: What is Gonzales to fam between now and then swinging a fly ball in the center field diving catch made five Bets.
Speaker 14: And the Dodgers win it. A spectacular play by Mookie Bets. If he doesn't get it, it's a tie game. Instead, Bets saves the day and.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers shut out the Padres two to nothing.
Speaker 7: Mookie Betts remember when he played right field. He was really good out in the outfield. He made a great, spectacular diving catch to end the game. Dodgers would win it that night to nothing over the Padres's Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Haffey Hot Dogs, Haffey soakas local Treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffe hot Dogs, Local and so Great Away. Continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in on Rick Monday. As we're leading you up to first pitch Rodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kases, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 7: Law Dodgers Padres. Game two of this four game set. These two teams met up in San Diego last week. Four games set here at Dodger Stadium, Jack Tryer and Randy Vasquez a pitching matchup. Time Now for the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan? Dodger fans? How about starting your future out of California Community college? Financial aids available and help you with the tuition, the book, sometimes even the rent YEP.
Speaker 1: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 7: Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick, you've seen more Dodger baseball in your lifetime than all of us put together here in the press box. So where does last night rank as as far as what you've seen?
Speaker 2: I thought the overall of electricity was really off the charts. Interested because you were doing television. Also last night you were down by the dugout. I looked at the dugout a few different times. We weren't the only ones that felt the electricity. I kind of perceived and interested in what you were able to observe. It looked like his teammates were also fully committed and very happy to see their teammate. Now, come on, and yes, it's only one step that he has taken, but boy, that is a big, big step after six hundred and sixty three days in not pitching in a major league.
Speaker 8: Game and then having to dh and he delivered as a hitter last night, even against Dylan Cethe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of base hits knocked into was on base, including a walk three different times. It's amazing how from the outside looking at I would love to be inside his mind in the emotion and be able. He hides it very well, he handles it exceptionally well. But for him to be able to compartmentalize the hitching aspect, the hitting aspect, the base running aspect, and prepare and do everything, to me is very remarkable.
Speaker 8: And we were talking about doctor Neil Elatrosh being in the stadium last night.
Speaker 2: I heard you earlier today on five seventy and talking about it. I thought you made an excellent point because here's doctor Neil Elatrosh, who's just a marvelous position and a surgeon too. I like the words that you use because he was like a proud papa was right there. I'm very nervous in watching a young man that he has helped out surgically a couple of different times. But from your perspective, what was going on down there near the dugout.
Speaker 8: Well, he's looking at the pitch count number one, and as it's climbing, he's saying, Okay, we're getting close to the end here, and then he sees one hundred miles an hour. And Shoe even said this after the game last night, that he was promising people that he would stay within ninety five and ninety seven. But doctor elatrosh knew that was gonna be tough with the adrenaline of sold out crowd, and when he hit one hundred miles an hour, he's certainly noticed.
Speaker 2: Well, it's difficult to tell the professional athlete when you are competing to dial it back, very very difficult because the juices start to go. From a competitive standpoint, I was blown away on what we saw last night. I disregard the fact that somebody said, well, he gave up a run a couple of days hits, Well, look at the hits. They were bloopers. The run that scored doesn't bother me in the least. I think that his overall presentation, if you will, in the mound was overwhelming for him to be able to come back. He did not seem lost. You know, try not to drive a car for six hundred and sixty three days to get behind the wheel, you're gonna feel a little weird. Well, try it on the mound in major League baseball game and he's trying to get hitters out who just can't wait to hit against you. Overall, I thought it was a remarkable inning that he was able to pitch.
Speaker 5: I'm curious your thoughts on this.
Speaker 8: I thought two of the young sung heroes of last night's game was Ben Casparius and Tommy Edmond, who made four or five great stops at second base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did, and you get some defense behind Casparius. Also, I mean you look at Cosparras won a job he's been able to do. Went three and two thirds last night. Oh, it's a couple of runs on three hints, but he winds up getting the victory. He's been a wonderful bridge to supply a lot of innings to give the bullpen a rest, because, as we know, Dger bullpen is on a pace. You know, you look at pace, but they're on a pace to even top last year's franchise record for a number of innings out of the.
Speaker 5: Bullpen, No doubt. That's not something you want to set every year.
Speaker 2: Now, So I like you trying to tie a couple of different ties in one day.
Speaker 5: How's it look at today?
Speaker 2: Riyll looks magnificent.
Speaker 5: All right, keeping it going and went streak up two on the ties. Thanks a lot, Rick.
Speaker 8: We'll check back in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later. We'll send it back to Tim Kaids, who's back in his rightful place the studio.
Speaker 7: I am here, Dave sixty eight degrees and feeling good in the studio, hanging out with Colin e Away. Continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But next we hear from Ima Sheian, one of the different arms that we hope to get back soon.
Speaker 1: How soon for him and Sheean? You can like tomorrow you might be activated.
Speaker 7: We'll hear from the big right handed next, so he leads you up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kay's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night Morongo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Deck continues.
Speaker 7: Jack Dreyer is the opener for the Dodgers, and what is a bullpen game? Randy Vasquez, the right hander out of Dominican Republic, will go for the Padres. We'll dive deeper than the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal the whole family could enjoy. It's made fresh on site daily, my professionally trained sushi chefs. They've got the different roles, the platters, the poll cables find zen She.
Speaker 1: You're the deli.
Speaker 7: Counter at Ralph's Zench hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This this high and tight.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 8: We're here with a man that is going to make his season debut tomorrow after a long roadback recovering from Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 5: That is the one and only emit She and Emmett. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: All right, So here it is tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: You're making return to the mound after Tommy John rehab.
Speaker 5: How excited? Are you?
Speaker 12: Super excited? It was a long road and you know, I'm just I'm ready to get back out there for sure.
Speaker 5: What was the toughest part of this process for you?
Speaker 12: I'd say probably the toughest part was like not being able to contribute last year and not being around the guys for a full year. That's takes a toll on you. But we had a good group in Arizona, so that helped a lot.
Speaker 8: How did you handle all that with the run the team made winning the World Series?
Speaker 12: I mean it it was kind of like a weird feeling because you're so fired up, but it's also like, wow, I wish I could have been a part of that. But yeah, hopefully I can do my part and maybe be a part of it this year.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 8: Since we're talking about that, I'm curious where certain people were when Freddie Freeman hit his walk off Grand Slam in Game one of the World series. Where was Emit Shean watching that game?
Speaker 12: I was in Kyle Hurt's house. I was living with Kyle Hurt and Nick Frosso at the time, so we were watching over there. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 8: What was the feeling like amongst you three watching that game and watching that at bad and just watching Nestor Cortes come in after Mookie Betts was walked intentionally?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, you can't describe it. It was just like an insane feeling. Everyone was jumping around and going crazy. But yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 8: Where were you when the Dodgers clinched in New York for Game five?
Speaker 12: I was back home in Arizona still too. Actually, yeah.
Speaker 5: And did you have a mini celebration amongst you guys?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Yeah, we were all really fired up.
Speaker 5: Any popping up champagne to recreate the feeling?
Speaker 12: No, no, no popping a champagne, none of that.
Speaker 8: How are you going to control your emotions tomorrow night, Emitt? Do you feel like you're an emotional guy? Will you even have to control the emotions?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: I don't feel like I'm too emotional out there ever. I feel like being here before and getting some good experience in twenty three helps a lot with going out there, kind of knowing what to expect, and just once I get out there and I see it hitter in the box, it's all just compete.
Speaker 8: So what have you learned about yourself during this process?
Speaker 12: I don't know. I mean, it was a long time. It was it was a lot of hard work, and yeah, I'm just happy to be done with it at this point.
Speaker 8: You were being very quiet with your answers the other day, but I'm just curious. When you're going through this process, it gives you a time to examine who you are as a picture. Did you do you feel when you show up tomorrow night you're a better pay You're a smarter pitcher than you were the last time you took the mound.
Speaker 12: Yeah? Absolutely. I mean I feel like the health thing is is you know the main thing there. I'm completely healthy now, which is great. I think I'm just a little smarter than I was. I got to watch a lot of baseball while I was sitting in Arizona, so as you pick up on different things, and yeah, physically I feel like everything is a little bit better.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, are you bigger and stronger than you were?
Speaker 12: Maybe a little bit yeah, I think so.
Speaker 8: Did you put your efforts into just trying to be a bigger, stronger, more physical picture.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think, especially with like the shoulder and the forearm rehab stuff, just trying to bulletproof everything around the elbow and trying to make sure you're like, do everything I can to not have that happen again. That was that was the main focus for sure.
Speaker 8: Also, you know, you hear pictures talk about the lower half, how important that is to have your legs underneath you. Did you put an emphasis on that as well?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Absolutely, I mean I was doing you know, our programs that our strength coaches right up for us, and I love those programs, and I think I was big on that before. But yeah, still through that process, stayed with.
Speaker 5: It all right.
Speaker 8: When Mtchen watches the Dodgers this year one of the best records in baseball, despite being a little thin at times in the pitching department, When you watch this team.
Speaker 5: What makes it so special and difficult to beat?
Speaker 12: I think it's just the group of guys we have and how close everybody is. Everyone's you know, lifting each other up at all times. It doesn't matter if you're the biggest superstar out there, you know, the last guy on the team. It's everyone's together. So I think that's what makes it so special.
Speaker 8: When you watch games like last night Otani making his pitching debut with the Dodgers. Were you caught up in the fandom like everybody else here?
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely it was crazy to watch. I was, you know, to see him go out and do that was insane. I'm just happy I'm here to see it.
Speaker 8: And what was the vibe amongst the team on the bench. It felt like there was standing room only in the dugout.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's pretty much how it was. Everyone was just up on the top rail. You saw everyone in the bowl was standing up to the whole time. Everyone's hanging on every pitch. So that's kind of how it was down here too.
Speaker 5: Well, be like that tomorrow night for you.
Speaker 12: Maybe we'll see.
Speaker 8: I don't know, you're thinking about picking up a bat and telling Dave, you know, hey, we don't need the dh tonight.
Speaker 5: We don't need Otani tonight. I'm taking the lumber.
Speaker 12: I don't know, I don't know. I'm not I'm not too good of a hitter. I got five hundred on basin pro ball though.
Speaker 5: So okay, yeah, but who's counting no One?
Speaker 12: Probably.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks a.
Speaker 8: Lot for the time, Congratulations on making it back, and certainly the future is bright for you.
Speaker 5: So you're a great guy and everybody's rooting for you.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thanks David there he is the man.
Speaker 8: Emit she and a great guy, and certainly it's going to be a star Tomorrow night here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: Cannot wait to see imit sheen back on the mound for the Dodgers that is Tomorrow Night. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 1: When it's game night, it's group Night. As Shakys dot com.
Speaker 7: It is the eighth scheduled bullpen game for the Dodgers to night as they take on the San Diego Padres. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup, but we come back. It's World's Series Replica Trophy Night out of Dodgers Stadium for forty thousand fans in attendants. Picking one of those up as they make their way into Dodgers Stadium as they get ready for Padres and Dodgers on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Padres on these Tuesday nights. Game two of this four game set. First pitch coming up at seven ten, and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 7: Matchups presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a new Tacomo the Knife Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Randy Vasquez on the mound for the San Diego Padres in the second game of this three game series. Vasquez, a twenty nine year old right hander the Dominican Republic three and four with a three fifty seven Erra made that twenty six years old third season now in the big leagues. He was with the Yankees in twenty twenty three and then twenty starts with the Padres last year, making his fifteen start here in twenty twenty five. He's a cutter, fastball, sweeper, sinker pitcher usually those four. Last time out four and two third innings, one run, two hits, four strikeouts ind a no decision against these same Dodgers last Wednesday in San Diego. In his eight starts since May third, he's been pretty good. Two in one record with an ERA just over three. Jack Dreyer on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty six year old left hander signed as a free agent back in twenty twenty one out of the University of Iowa. Worked his way up the minor leagues, so it's helping out the Dodgers last year at the end of the season. Twenty eighth appearance this season, already his fourth as the opener. He has not given up an earned run in twenty one of his twenty seven appearances already. Last time out was last Wednesday, so he's well rested. Two thirds of an INNY, one run, one hit versus Padres in San Diego. Jack Dryer Randy Vasquez. The pitching matchup Dodgers and Padres. We're fifteen minutes away from first bitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue.
Speaker 7: All season Law Dodgers Padres Jack Dryer on the mound for the Dodgers as the opener. Randy Vasquez, the right hander, will go for San Diego. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right game plan to protect their house. Twenty six to twelve on this season, second best home record in the National League. They have done that. The same applies to your house. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's fireworks season, with the fourth of July coming up in just a few weeks. Make sure you are practicing fireworks safety. Use safety and sane fireworks that display the safe California Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never use fireworks in near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more information about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gob All. Right back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Steven Nelson Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 3: First pitch is going to be here before we know It's Tip Kate's Rick Monday and I getting ready for it, and mo, I want to ask you your two or three keys, your two or three thoughts as we get ready for the second game of four for the Doctors.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, first of all, with Basquez did not extend the strike zone and all he pitched against the Dodgers down in San Diego last Wednesday, no decision, went four and two thirds and in that ballgame only gave up one run that was the home run by Michael Conforto. And we'll see what's going to happen. He mixed in with that fastball right around ninety three is not particularly overpowering, but he got good movement and good placement in the short time that he was in that ballgame. And for Jack Dryer, who is going to at least be on the front end of what's going to be another wagon train out of a bullpen for this Dodger Balklum, well, good luck against them mounts quickly.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Dodger bullpen again consistently been put to work. They're on pace moll for closest seven hundred innings this year. I think six ninety three is the latest on pace estimate. And they've had fifteen guys cover the last sixty three innings and you look down at the bullpen tonight and you just try to look at it realistically. You know, Tanner, Scott Kirby, Yates, Alex Vessi have all pitched in each of the last two games. Justin Obleski he pitched on Friday, but through sixty six pitches.
Speaker 1: Ben Casparius was the bulk guy yesterday.
Speaker 3: So Jack Dryer, you're presumably Matt Sower once again to take down bulk innings against the Padres. But it seems to be on paper anyway, a little shorthanded.
Speaker 2: Well it has been, and in order to carry from inning one through inning nine, Otani last night became the thirty first different pitcher that the Dodgers have had to rely upon to throw a pitch in a Major League bon game. That's thirty one overall.
Speaker 3: Fifteenth different pitcher to start a game. And that list will grow if and when Emmitchian is back on the bump. And that is the plan for Wednesday, But the focus is on Tuesday show. Hey Otani is back in the lineup after his pitching debut on Monday. He's leading off on Tuesday. Yes, a little bit of fatigue, Tim Kates been. All in all, he's feeling good enough to go and trying to help the Dodgers clinch at least a split against the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 7: All right, first pitches next, Afterwards, I'll have all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. First pitches next, Jack Dreyer for the Dodgers they take on the Padres.
Speaker 1: Enjoy its been
Speaker 7: Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network,