Speaker 1: Halliver. Hen'll take it. He'll backpen on a free for the real I wanna come back, he tried me to Eves Sports Radio. It is May the twenty second, twenty twenty five. I got Shannon behind the glass. It is phone number five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred Sports Talk seven ninety k r D. Now we've got that out of the way. I got my younger son, Anthony Eves on the line with me. Aunt, Well, we're watching it. What do you think, Anthony, what do you think of that last shot?
Speaker 2: We got pacers in four that's all.
Speaker 1: You've gone crazy. That's not gonna happen. But but I'm telling you what, Anthony. Listeners, listen to me. I have watched NFL football games and screamed at the television. Everybody knows I'm just a football person. I really am. My dad wouldn't let me play football in high school. I was heartbroken. Best decision he ever made for me. But I love football. I have screamed at the television numerous times. Guys. When that shot went in is the first time I can ever remember watching an NBA playoff game, something that I did for a living, that I screamed like it was an NFL football game, and I mean I screamed. I could not believe that ball went in the basket. I was like, oh my goodness, Reggie Miller reincarnated. And I said, well, don't go that far. Halliburn's not Reggie, but he's Anthony. Three game winners are game tying shots this playoffs. And I screamed, you know I did. So you jumped up, started to run around the basement. Your mother was screaming, Anthony, last night's game, it's gonna go down and infamy. I'm being honest with you. I loved it. What did you think before we get into the inertia of what happened, what do you think that was?
Speaker 2: That was incredible last night?
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: That shows you just know anything can happen in playoff basketball. Obviously watching it for some reason, I don't know why, Like I had like a little like a little thought in my head. I was like, I was like, hmm, because they hit it three. I said, they done fourteen, three and a half minutes, two and a half minutes. I was like, they come out there and hit another shot and get a stop. I was like, this, see the digit ball game. I was like, go put pressure on the Knicks. Little I know they'd come down there and Nee Smith would hit seven threes in a row. But I wasn't exciting it to go like that. I thought they would make a comeback, you know, you know, hitting a couple of shots, you know they they probably would end up losing. It would just be a close game. But I was wrong. I think I think a lot of us were surprised. Even Pager's fans were surprised. Knicks fans were surprised. The master surprise. Master Garden is still still up right now.
Speaker 1: They found out of that place quickly last night. I know that they showed them leaving Anthony. I've seen a lot of basketball games I have played and coached in Madison Square Garden. I've been there. I know it like the back of my hand. I was telling you and your mother it was over. I said. The Pacers know how to finish, they know how to close. The first problem is this, and it's not a slap at all. Runson was off the last four minutes. When he came back in after the foul trouble, Anthony turned the ball over three times. And that's just uncharacteristic of Jalen Brunson period. I know his dad Rick so well. He's played. Brunson has played so well for them. But that's the first thing. Turnovers are always a key factor and letting a team back in the game, that's the first thing. Second thing for our listeners, Anthony, I want them to understand score, four and clock. When I watched college games, I lose my mind. I just have no idea what that means. And everyone says, play the same way the entire game. No, you do not. The last two minutes you start to play time and score, and yes, Anthony, your team has to hit free throws. People will say, well, we missed the free throws. Then they have to work on them. It's still the right way to play. Indiana Pacers went one for two critical time in the game, one for two and Anobie and Carl Anthony, Anthony, still the right way to play. So last night, after we did all the screaming, I went to the play by play. I wanted to say, see, here's exactly what the Knicks did wrong. They shot the ball too quickly when they were up fourteen. Anthony, That's what I thought, just watching the game, that's not what happened, Anthony. The Knicks did run the clock down. The Knicks didn't. They shot it quickly. One time Corinthony Towns had a lay up opportunity. I taught my team take lay up opportunities. Put the two points on the board. He did. That is the only time that they shot the ball within twelve seconds of the shot clock. The rest of the time, Anthony, they did work. The time you're playing, both the score and the time you're playing, both two things are going on. People don't know that you're just looking at the score. No, So the Knicks on fifty percent of it. And you heard coach Tibodeau say, we've got to watch the tape. They're going to watch the tape. Guys, they're not going to be critical of their time management with the ball. I'm trying to keep this where people can understand it without it being too much Anthony of basketball lingo. But as long as you have the ball, your opponents can't score. So the longer you keep it in the twenty four second shot clock the last two minutes, the less possessions you give your opponent. That's the first part. Second part, Anthony, on the other end when they watch the tape today, which they're going to do, and the players want to win. Guys, they're playing now. Nobody's taking off plays, they're gutting it out. I loved watching it. They did not force the Pacers to shoot twos. That allowed them to shoot threes. And you know, there is the luck of the game. John Wooden said it the luck of the game. I love Need Smith. Anony's a good player, but he'll never go eight for nine again. I'm sorry you will not. He's not gonna go eight for nine, Anthony. He's not gonna make every three the last two minutes of a game again. I don't care if anyone says I'll put up a dollar. So by allowing that and he making the shots, Anthony and the Knicks going one for two at the free throw line, it allowed them to go into overtime. So the facets of the game that I want people to understand, clock management, understanding when if you have it, they don't. When you're up and you're leading, you want to keep the ball as long as possible. They can't score it when you're playing a better opponent, like I used to do a lot with all the pay games, at A and T, Anthony, I told my team, don't take bad shots. I'd rather the thirty second shot clock twenty four in the NBA, thirty in college would run out, because it's better for us to let the better team take the ball out of bounds and we set our defense then turn it over. Which brings me to the key why the Knicks lost fifteen turnovers, Anthony, compared to the Pacers seven. That was the difference in the game. And Brunson had critical turnovers down the stretch, which he's going to watch himself on tape. He's a great team leader, Anthony. Both teams I love their coaches. You don't see the negativity. You don't see the code. The player's trying to run the code. Let's give Rick Carlisle all the credit. He held his challenge, Anthony, you see Lebron, I hate to tell you, you'll see all the great players start spinning their finger. Let's review it in the first quarter. A good coach should tell his team, don't even look at me in the first, second or third quarter. Don't even motion to me that we're looking at it. That's when you know you've got a well coached team. It doesn't mean anything. If I lose the game in the first quarter, they were going to beat me. So again, when you're watching the game as I do, when I see those guys spinning looking at the coach, and then you see the coach turning around looking at the staff behind, which is looking at the computer, to say, we may have a good chance. That's a coach and not in control. Anthony, I don't even care what happens to the fourth quarter. I'm holding my challenge. I'm just telling everybody I am holding my challenge. Your team should know that they shouldn't even look at you. That's what I'm trying to tell you. The coaches, some are letting the inmates run the asylum. That's all. One flew of a cuckoo's nest, like you said, are we all crazy on this bus and you're too young to know it? And chief said yes, and one flew over the cuckoo's nest? Well, yeah, we know it's on the bus. Players Are they're crazy? You don't listen to so Carlisle, Congratulations, that's the butcher Beard's prodigy. Just like I am for holding your challenge, I'm just telling you should never use it. I don't care if it's blatant. You don't use it. You have no idea what those rests are going to say. You don't use it. And when Rick used it, it was a critical block, a critical block. So looking at the facets, looking at what the Knicks are going to have to go through, they're going to watch the tape and they're going to give you clock management. They were good at that. All you have to do is go to the play by play on ESPN and you'll see when the Knicks had the ball, they kept it twenty seconds twenty one seconds of a twenty four second shot clock. They did their job. They did not shoot the ball. Quick got me the second facet, which they did not take care of. When they had the ball. They went one for two critical points of the game at the free throw line. Still the right way to play. Your players have to make the free throws. Derek Smith, sixty six percent free throw shooter, rolled them both in in the championship game. Guys, like I told you, you just have to make them. Doesn't make that Towns is not a great player, and someone else went one for two. I forgot who it was, Anonobe, But again, you just have to make them. That's all. There's a time you have to deliver, period, point blank. Jerry's had to make the eighteen foot left wing jump shot that Denny Crumb said, and Daryl Griffith, you're gonna have to shoot it. Jerry's had to make the layup to tie the game. You have to make it. There's certain times in the game you got to come through anthemy. So they'll watch it car Anthony Towns and then we'll get in the gym. They'll shoot free throws. They'll make them. The biggest critical mistake is they did not force the Pacers to shoot twos. What does that mean? Two four six, eight ten. Let me say that again. Two four six, eight ten five possessions, three six nine three possessions got me less possessions, more opportunities for points. You have to force them inside a three point line. You almost have to be playing on the outside. Reggie Miller said on one they had to switch it out. I don't care if the big man posts be in scores. I don't care. You switch your big out to take away Nisse Smith's three Anthony, which they did not do, which is what they'll practice today. I guarantee you they will go through it and when it happens again, it may not win the game, but you will see them execute better. That's all. Well, the big mental score on ing Jerry. All I want to make sure is my players know, do not file him. Make them bring the ball down the floor, make them enter to the post, make him turn and shoot it. Make them score two. You get the ball in bunce more possessions. So we're gonna get to break in at seven seventeen. When we come back, we're gonna talk more about it. I want to ask you when we come back. When he looked at Reggie, how can you to be You've got Reggie Miller over there, Anthony with the choke side, which again is a personal friend of mine, know him well, and you see that Halliburton is trying to say I did what you did Reggie. Well he did, and he was close. He died the game. But he's out Reggie Miller yet. This is the Sports Radio. We'll be back after the break. Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio seven one made the twenty second twenty twenty five. I was screaming last night in this chair. It was a great game. I told you all. I watched the NBA playoffs and they've been a very entertaining playoffs. Okay, see and the Nuggets was a really good series. I enjoyed watching that one. I wanted to see the Timberwolves and the Warriors. But when Curry went down, of course, we know I was watching Draymond Green announcing. Then he does an excellent job. He's a better announcer than he his player. That's all there is to it. But we know they had no chance when Curry went down. Golden State had no chance. So Anthony, what did you think about the choke side? And is Halliburton going to be the next Reggie Miller.
Speaker 2: That's a tough comparison. We're comparing, you know, the guy who's been an NBA All Star maybe once or twice to a Hall of Famer. So I can't throw him in that category. Yet, Dude, his the potential to I think he does. I think he's on the right teams with the right organization, with how he plays in his plays down. A lot of people talked about it too. They said, you know, he's not a flashy All Star, but all the All Star said that he's the type of All Star that you would won on your team because how he plays, he's not selfish. He can play without the ball. There's times you'll see it. It will be five six positions in the row. He'll just be going down into the corner. He won't even move. So he lets other people work the ball and try to get into a rhythm as well, rather than just being so ball heavy like a lot of the All Stars are, which is one thing I do like because sometimes it's I hate when players like, oh, he's shooting bad, or he's on Lebron, he's not hitting shots. I'm like, we gotta understand, if you've ever played in any type of basketball game, it's hard to get into a flow when you're just doing suicides up and down the court for ten minutes straight. Then you finally get it and you're almost surprised that you get it, and you ain't touch the ball in ten minutes and you shoot it, you shoot a brick. I'm like, it just kind of is what it is, and that's and that's the facts. You know, when I'm not knocking some of the All Stars, I know that's just kind of their role on the team.
Speaker 1: But well, no, the NBA's turned into iceo ball. Anthony Anthony. The NBA's turned into iceo ball. I hate it. That's why I don't watch it, Anthony. It's a pick and roll and you'll see one player dominate the ball. I mean, without a doubt, you'll see him dominate the ball. And that's kind of what it's turned to. But you're right, Halliburt and Anthony. I didn't love him last year because he turned the ball over and the crunch didn't get a shot off. But he's starting to grow on me and he has made big shots, Anthony. He's made big shots now, just like OKC. Indiana has got a very good team top to bottom, Anthony. They do. They have a lot of young players. I think they're going to be good. You played against Pascal and a lot of people don't know that at New Mexico State when you're at Chicago State. I was at the game. He was really good at New Mexico State. He's really good, Anthony. He is really good. He knows how to play. People don't know how big he is. He's truly six'. Ten that kid's. Good turner's. Improving Niece, smith what can we? Say here's my. MIND i just can't Believe Nim Hart. Anthony in the, playoffs he's twice the PLAYER i want people to. Understand regular, season he's a good player in the. Playoffs that three he made in overtime was the, game the shot that made won the game for The. Pacers if he doesn't make that Three pacers get beaten, overtime he has just playing the lights. OUT i, Mean, anthony he was six or, ten two for, three one for, two fifteen. POINTS i, mean that's great production out of that, Kid great production out of a kid that doesn't play that well regular. Season BUT i like their bench, ALSO i love. TOPPING i mean it was a three point Played Anthony topic dunked on that boy and got filed period point blank jumps out of the. Gym he used to be a. NICK i was glad to see. That SO i like their. TEAM i LIKE tj. McConnell i, MEAN i Like Rick. CARLISLE i, Mean i've Known Rick goalley forty. Years SO i like The pacers. GROUP i didn't think they were that good AN i didn't think they would be where they, Are but they're starting to show people that they can play and they can put different lineups on the floor THAT i. Like So you've got to Give halliburton credit for, that because you're. Right the rest of the team has a. Personality Sometimes anthony would start. Players the rest of the team does not have a, personality and that's that's a. Problem so it's a series, Now, Anthony that's all there is to. IT i thought it would be The knicks and six pretty, easy go up two to zero in one game In, indiana be three to, one come, back finish in five or. Six AND i think we got this a seven game, series but we have to wait and. See we have to wait and. SEE i do think That Tom thibodeaux and The knicks will not pull A. CLEVELAND i do think that they will fix some of their. ERAS i think they'll finish closed games at the. End LIKE i told, people they did one of the three facets. Correctly missing the free throws is still the right way to. Play the players just have to make. Them THAT'S i, mean they have to make. Them so we'll see what happens, tonight, though ant can anybody do anything with THE? Mvp and can Aunt man bounce back from the thirteen shots which everyone is talking about? Now and, YES i want to say it, Again, anthony at this point of the. Season your star players got to be star. Players either they're the goats and they, miss that's well they, miss or they're the reasons why they make all the. Money so does Ant man bounce? Back can he bounce? Back can they do anything With okac At okac tonight.
Speaker 2: And man will definitely bounce. Back will their team as a whole bounce. Back i'm not. SURE i think that's a little bit more to predicated on How Julius randall And Anthony edwards. Played Julius randall has showed up the last couple of. Games he showed.
Speaker 1: Up NOW i didn't Like jesus that boy's showing. Up he's shown up in the, playoffs ANY i GOTTA i have to give him his. DUE i don't like. HIM i, thought, BOY i said The knicks stole that. One Julius randall's played lights. Out anthony he has And i'm not a, fan but he's posted. People, yes he hit, threes a lot of threes in the last. Game But, anthony he's played to his. STRENGTH i mean he's tried to play. Defense he's been running back on. DEFENSE i mean he's got to come up. Big but he played well for him in the last. Game he's played well for him in these. PLAYOFFS i think he's found a home also. Myself do you Like randall his style of?
Speaker 2: Play it's gotten better throughout the, Years i'll say that. Much WHEN i WHEN i first saw, him even when he was on The, lakers and when he went to The. Timberwolves i'm be completely, HONEST i didn't Like Julie, Randalls like his game is kind of just it's kind of stuck to, me AND i just and it. Was it was weird because he was he's sixty, nine two, seventy but he wants to play like a shooting. Guard AND i was, like you're not really playing to your strength because you're not that great of a. Shooter you're not the best ball, handler and you're not the best, facilitator but you want to do everything that appoints our. DESK i was, like you need to work more in the low post mid range area and really dominate the, people because You he is a. Mismatchmaker if you gets put by big sinders and power, forwards he's fast enough and strong enough where he can blow by him and. Finish if you put a small guard on, him he'll put, it he can finish every. Time he's finally starting to realize that and developing that to where he's consistently going out there and giving you twenty five thirty points a. Night in the, playoffs he's done it.
Speaker 1: Provides six games in a.
Speaker 2: Row i'm, like he's finally starting to figure out his play, stoff how he can dominate to get past that all star role to become more of a superstar in that running mate With Anthony. Edwards Anthony edwards has figured it. Out he didn't do it last, night but he even needs sending his postgame interview that he can't go out there and shoot thirteen shots and inspect his team to, win WHICH i still, hate and it sounds and this is crazy off, topic BUT i hate that he said F ford one time and they charged him fifty thousand, dollars but they won't charge anybody for flopping in. Games it's just.
Speaker 1: Okay we'll talk about the, flop but ANY i don't want, him and everybody's. Listening AND i got Told jan everybody's. Listening they go in the locker. ROOM i get on, coaches So i've got to get On. Anthony here's the reason why they have a cool. Downtime they do not make you walk in front of the. Mic most of the, time they go to the winning. Team you didn't see him grab the losing team. Yesterday right, away they grabbed the winning team and we watched him do all the postgame. Interviews but the key is they're supposed to go in the locker room and be an adult and. Gathered yes he didn't say, it but once it's onces too, many Because, anthony everybody's, listening young kids are, listening and what happens is, this then the high school kid wants to do, it just like the flop you see high school. KIDS i saw a little middle school kid flop and the ref called it and it was so. Funny the little player looked at him and, said what because everybody's faking it now because they're watching so In, anthony much Given much, expected just remember, that and we don't like. That we don't live by that creed. Anymore So i'm not getting after, You Anthony. Eves i'm just Telling Anthony edwards Much Given Much, expected and, yes, no we don't get. That out of all, levels we know, that and that's really disturbing to. Me but we got a sports, show AND i don't go into the politics. SIDE i stay out of. That but, NO i still want the, Athletes. Anthony he goes into the locker room ten fifteen minutes to cool, down come back. Out you can express your, displeasure but just leave the f bombs, out because anty high school player's going to do, it and he's gonna get really disciplined for, it and he's gonna be, like, WELL i Heard, anthony and that's the. Problem that's the only, Problem Charles barkley said a long time. Ago i'm not a role, model and yes you, Are. CHARLES i hate to tell. You sometimes you don't get to, Choose. Sanny that's the. Problem sometimes you don't get to choose your. Status i'm not saying it's right or, wrong but it's placed upon you by the things that you, do and that the skills that are given to you and the things that you have worked. On so that's the only REASON i, Wish, yes he was. Fine i'm good with Defining. RUDY i just don't want. Him after the cool down, period go in, there express. Yourself Like Denny crumb told, Me, Anthony denny wrote me up for cursing the players in, practice not to fire, me not to even think about. IT i wouldnt even worry about my. Job you, Understand denny was my. DADDY i had a job for. Life IF i stayed as long as Coach crumb was, there you got. Me but he wanted me to be. Better SO i want to get to Be he's Got Michael Jordan Levell brian, level AND i want him to reach, that you, Know Oscar robinson, level AND i want him to reach full game Because anthony off top, it we're gonna get to. Break he's had. Issues you, know he's got babies everywhere he's his life is. Spiraling he needs to get a mentor that can get a whole team because there are things around. Him, Anthony he's not you, know he's just writing ten million dollar checks to. Women now leave me alone that have his. KIDS i, know you got to slow your. Role so there's things he has to work on off that, court and that's one of. Them, man no offensive butts seven thirty. Two, brother we gotta get to break when we come, Back. ANTHONY i, mean we're gonna let you do national news on all the things that have gone. On but you, KNOW i. GET i get, Grief, anthony because you, know people, Say, Jerry you're not a Card no cardinal fans get after me even Though i'm the Greatest. Cardinal i'm being. Honest that's WHY i stand up for my. SCHOOL i don't stand up for the. PEOPLE i stand up for my SCHOOL i. DO i don't care what anybody. Says everybody looks said it. Differently everybody can have their. Opinion But i'm gonna tell you one. THING i don't let administrators are coaches bully to. School Denny crumb did, not and nor did any. Player you Heard rodney McRae. Yesterday we love to be a part of. It but now my, coaches Since Tom george was, ad people have. NAMES i call them by their, name have gotten a little out of. Control coach McDonald's in the paper, Again dan, McDonald the baseball coach who lost yesterday or two days. Ago In, Anthony i've been beat a million. Times it still comes back to WHEN i said To Anthony, edwards to, You i'm gonna say To dan McDonald And, josh you need to get him truly to just like they, say coach your team quit why and after the, Break i'm gonna read to you and explain to you WHY E Sports radio will be back in a. Second welcome back To Sports radio seven thirty. Seven. Anthony here's the funny, Thing anthony is earn this. BUSINESS i want you to listen to me closely and can just continue to grow in the. Business you're doing a great. JOB i, MEAN i get more compliments about. You but you can't be, Frightened, anthony to take issues on and you can't be frightened to make yourself be. Consistent, okay and people listen to our show and they listen to me Because i'm pretty. CONSISTENT i try to stay. CONSISTENT a lot of people will love to throw out you, know you'll hear people say the conservative, Tag i'm very conservative, anthing you know. That but bottom line is their change has to. Happen see some people say conservative means stay in the, same which is bs one hut of. Percent you, know conservative did not change a lot of things that were the. Rights but you still have to understand there's a balance between. Both and when it comes to my, university which is my, university AND i express my displeasure with what happened and transparent that so everybody terped me a nine card and they'll call me, jerk called me all kind of you, know four letter, words which was, fine no, problem didn't change my. RESOLVE i was right, then right. Now when those things, happen people have to lose their. JOB i don't care who it. Is. Period so Coach patino's still a friend of, mine BUT i don't. Care those things. Happened he had to. Go Tom dredsee said, no he had to. Go. Period that's all there is to. It this isn't. Hard doesn't mean they can't get other jobs and go on and do great things like Coach patino's. Doing but in this aspect that my, school they got to. Go, well you, know you can't say. That you don't say, that you're Not who are you to say? That, okay that's. FINE i just happened to have a radio, Show dad. McDonald i just googled. IT i wanted people to. SEE i want you. To if you google it and it'll come, up you'll See dan McDon donald Hugging Tom jerche ten years, ago signed a new ten year deal one million per, year got me and the first comment underneath from a. Guy now this is nine years. Ago i'm no. Problem this makes him the high speed coach in the. Nation i'm not sure if that's. True he was. High he's close, though But i'm not saying that's. True this is not. Verified but these are just some of the things louis was not messing around when it comes to. Coaches out of the five major, SPORTS i don't think there's a better coaching combination in the. Country damn McDonald's. Argue the best of, them all of them here At, louisville all of them here At. Louisville that was Rip petino And petrino and got. Me it's, okay no. Problem but the problem with the one me and ten year deal for a non revenue sport that doesn't make a. Dime let me say it to you all. Again that doesn't make a. Dime not a, Penny, okay not a penny when you put revenue to. Expenses they've never made a. Dime so don't forget. THAT i was talking about how do we pay, people how do we give away them? Easy they've never turned a. Dime so you'll, say, well when they go far in the tournament and they get to The World series and people watch, them it helps our Enrollment that is a true, Statement, anthony you got. Me it helps, enrollment but it still ain't never made a. DIME i don't care what anybody, says but it does give you national, exposure which will bring a few students to your. SCHOOL i agree with that, piece but it's still never made a. Dime so they lose thirteen eleven To, Pittsburgh, okay no big. DEAL i think we had one caller or. No we spoke about. It nobody called in about, it and nobody was upset about it other than they're going to the. Tournament they're still. Going it doesn't mean that they can't go and win The College World. Series they could do, that and he's a good enough coach for them to do. That BUT i pick up the paper And i'm looking at Cel brown AND i opened it up front page. Today still fighting For cardinals. Resources McDonald's still fighting for cards. RESOURCES i, SAID i, said, no we can't be here. Now we just can't be here. PERIOD i can't be listening to What i'm listening. To SO i want to explain to you, all just LIKE i did when we were talking About. Khalifa in my, opinion, guys he does not get the year. Back i'm not A louisville. Hater i'm just telling you the. RULES i tried to get a player of mine the year back three times at THE d two level nine. Scholarship no money got. Me everything's about money other than my. Level that's WHY i asked for it so easily in my golf. Outing but the bottom line Is university Of louisville damn McDonald's. Program there were twenty seven and. Seven, yes THE acc gets an abundance of home games because they're one of The power four. Conferences but, still when you play thirty four home games compared to eighteen road, games, guys they're backing. You they're buying you home. Games they're bringing you opponents that you can beat to help the confidence of your players and their. Coaches. Records so Here's louisville twenty seven and seven at, home good record six and twelve, away bad record two and two on a neutral. Site fifty got. Me But louisville played thirty four home. Games they do support coach. McDonald i hate to tell, him AND i don't know Why Josh hurt hadn't just straight told him the real, deal the. FACTS i pick up the paper AND i read. THIS i Told, ANTHONY i, SAID i gotta read. This louisville loses To pittsburgh thirty two and. Eleven i'm reading. Verbatim Cl brown in the A sec tournament On, tuesday but would be headed to its fourteenth N Caa tournament regional appearance in McDonald's nineteen seasons at The, helm that's very. Good fourteen of nineteen got. Me he's paid to win. It but that's very good for A louisville program that he did, resurrect just like Coach. CRUMB i, mean, well, no that's not. True Coach crumb did not really. Direct that's not. True sorry about. That Coach crumb won the first true national. Chum that's not. True that's not true, either Because tyree won one in the. Fifties Coach crumb won the FIRST ncaa. Title let me make Sure i'm accurate with What i'm. Saying louisville had won one With Charlie. Tyrae, anthony, wait before you were born and BEFORE i was. Born so fourteenth parent nineteen. Seasons even with his track record of Turning louisville baseball into a national, power McDonald's is concerned with the amount of money put into players might be the only way to determine what team advances in the. Postseason then here's the part that drives me. Crazy will, outwork will out, Hustle we'll out, smart will out out, tough will outgrind as much as we. Can McDonald's, says, guys those statements are saying that he doesn't have the resources that other teams. HAVE i got, you bottom, Line, dan give some of your salary back point. Blame it's not the one million dollars giving away ten years ago By Tom jurch who loved giving away other people's. Money oh he did that without a. Doubt it's that there's a. Kicker there's a clause in the contract that bumps up the amount every, year no matter it gets bumped. Up SO i want people to go research it. Yourself that one million dollar contracts above one point six million now and, rising. Guys university Of loo has not won A College World. Series, no he's not the highest paid baseball. Coach but the people that are paid more have won national. Championships but the bottom line, is for all, this when people are getting after my student athletes were getting. Paid this is a ten year. Deal student athletes weren't getting paid. Then and if you going to research, it baseball teams have a large. Roster THE ncaa only gives them like thirteen scholarships full of. Scholarships they break that up amongst the. Players AND i could be. Wrong it maybe twelve and a. Half it may be thirteen somewhere in the ball. Game don't hold me to. It but it's not scholarship per, player which means you have players on that team that are paying their parents are paying for them to be on that, team while you're paying your coaching staff more than the program's. Worth AND i mean that so, again sometimes it just comes no. One it's a blessing coach, McDonald damn. It if you don't know, it somebody needs to tell, you period point. Blank you've done a great job At. Louisville AND i wouldn't say a word IF i didn't continue reading these things. Always we got to do. More we gotta do. MORE i gotta fight for my. Program you could start by giving back some without a, doubt but you know, what don't say, That. Anthony this is the part that drives me. Nuts oh what are we gonna? DO a? Name image and. Likeness how are we gonna pay these? Players where we? Can first start looking at the. Administrators i've made myself notes THAT i never. Used. Anthony Acc Commissioner Jim phillips made four point one million last. Year always say IS ncaly can't do anything? Right, well how are these commissioners making four point one? Million Big tens Commissioner Kevin warren who, left he left to go to The. Bears he left making five point seven million in twenty twenty. Three that's WHY i don't want anybody to ever players are getting paid or hurting the. Game get away from. ME i mean that this is. Stupidness the bottom gets paid and everybody goes. Crazy the top has been robbing. FOREVER i mean. Robbing look at your. Employers everybody knows. It nobody wants to hear. It they get mad at me Because i'm telling the. Truth, dang you have the person making six hundred. Thousand, see a person should want to work for twenty four. Thousand get. Away come, on, guys that's Where america. Is and when everybody goes, yes that's wrong with. Us it's. Amazing so it's time for coach. McDonald just coach your. Team continue doing a great. Job university Of louisville has supported you on teenth and there are a million people that would want that. Job. Period so when we get, back we got a lot of little tidbits and the schedule and the national news before we leave here talk About Memorial day and what's going to happen with the. Schedule this Is Esports radio at seven forty. SEVEN i hope everybody understands. Me In america, today when the bottom gets, paid we lose our. Minds but when the top has been taking it for, forever you know that's what it's supposed to. Be and if you speak about, it guess who's going to be the enemy of the state all Our JERRY'S i put my right hand. UP i don't. CARE i really. Don't Eastwords radio will talk to you in a. Minute welcome back to the Sports and what do you, think big, fellow what do you? Think weeks almost? Over we'll be live. Tomorrow George williams, yourself you're gonna be running things that you're. Ready i'm always.
Speaker 2: Ready that's not a. Question you need to.
Speaker 1: Asking good, deal good. Deal here's what's going to transpire. Everyone we know That Memorial day is, here and truly it's one of the holidays that truly means. Something you, know people gave their lives up for us and all the things that happen for everyone In. America some things are better for some people than. OTHERS i don't care anybody. SAYS i don't care what they try to tell. You it is what it. Is but it's still good for all of. US i mean really, good so much better than a lot of places around the. World but we were going to make sure That monday we do. That they'll be a best of AND i want everybody to have a great. Time but know, what the holidays For tuesday is a travel day for. Me there'll be another best of Because i'm traveling To, Greenville South. Carolina i've got to go to our conference meetings And i'll be traveling in the, morning so there'll be another best. Of we'll be back live On, Wednesday anthony AND. I it will be live. Tomorrow but that's the schedule that's going to transpire live, Tomorrow, friday and live On. Wednesday, Wednesday thursday And friday will be live. Again so wheed you all to understand the. SCHEDULE i wanted to make sure that everybody won't be able to speak to you until After Memorial. Day has a Great Memorial day. Holiday now we've got a lot of THINGS i hate to hear about. Her see Dying coats owner at sixty Five hesing born in nineteen fifty. Nine, GUYS i was born in fifty, nine and it's, like, oooh since chills down my. Spine make sure you have a wonderful day every day of your, life because we don't know when it's going to. End we do not. Know and make sure you put a smile on someone else's, face but at the same time tell the. Truth, Anthey i'm gonna let you go all really get Into shaye Guilt, alexander Because george truly did call him out in the McDonald's. Game we were at the McDonald's, game golly in nineteen twenty, seventeen twenty, sixteen one of those, years And george, SAYS i really loved that, kid AND i caught him inspector gadget because he was so. Long BUT i didn't think he turned into the player that he. Is So i'm not gonna touch. That i'm gonna let you all have that. Tomorrow AND i got a funny, Clip, ANTHONY i want people and we're gonna do more of. This it's Red. Fox of, course you all know that there's no cursing in this one With, aynestor who is From. LOUISVILLE i don't know if y'all know. That to cease, now but aynest was From. Louisville people did not know. That But i'm gonna let you all listen to a little funny. Clip how long do we, Have, shannon before we before we're out of here? Today SHOULD i start playing it? Now let's do it, now let's listen to something funny to put a smile on your. Face play, it, please sha know do you know how to knock on people's?
Speaker 3: Door my nephew told ME i could just walk in. There, well don't come in, yet may cover up all the. Mirrors watch your, Mouth Fred, SAMSON i didn't come here to be. Insucking tell me where you go And i'll follow you. That, oh shut up your? Food who you call them? Food what you're doing? ANYWAY i just came over to bring some of my homemade. Preserves, well don't get it up there too close to your, face because we don't want to preserve. That you may think your face is a, prize but it looked just like a real old pad with.
Speaker 1: Iron. Guys i'm gonna play more of. Them i'm telling. You they're some of the funniest clips We've i've got quite a few and we're gonna play them throughout the. Summer and you, know we have to lighten up the. Show but at what's going on with you? Today you're gonna get my truck from? Here not you're gonna get my TR x ready for me or?
Speaker 2: Not, well it won't be today Because i'm off, Today SO i wills is What i'll be.
Speaker 1: Doing, Okay, Well i'm Sure chuck is working on it for, me so, Anyway chuck han will take care of. Me Billy Hayes. Rodney after the, Show rodney said he wanted to go on your website and he wants to see what kind of cars you, Have the one and Only rodney. McCrae And i'm gonna tell you