Speaker 1: Time for the nine first one forecasts. It's gonna be rainy today. After three pm the rain shows up. High a forty eight, cloudy skies all day, overnight heavy rain forty three to the overnight low. We got started out tomorrow morning with some spotty showers and then some additional scattered showers in the afternoon. Fifty eight for the high tomorrow, thirty two overnight with clouds. Clouds on Saturday as well, high forty five twenty seven degrees. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCUT Tramphing Center. Expect Mari You see help, more medical trials, more treatment options for person a wise care, more chances to get you back to being. You visit u sehelp dot com. Sathbound seventy one. There's an accent in your fields. Urdle that's on the shoulder, but it adds to what was already getting heavier into blue ash. He's found on the Riggan Highway. There's an accident just before you get to seventy five. Inbound seventy four. Now back to Montana, King Gramont fifty five krz DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty three, fifty five Kersey Talk Station. T'm's happy to welcome back to the fifty five Carsse Morning Show. We aren't talking about railroads today, Al Knippert, who was our expert on railroads, we were talking about the sale of the railroad, which Al didn't like and I didn't like and Christopher Smithman didn't like, but it got sold anyway. Al Nippert, welcome back to the fifty five Carsy Morning Show to talk about I guess it's connected communities Hyde Park residents voicing concerns because they're planning on tearing down and rebuilding a large portion of Erie Avenue for the purpose of building a hotel, apartments, commercial space and an underground parking garage. Al, it's great having you back on the program.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Brian. It's a real pleasure to be here and it's a great opportunity to try and enlighten some people on this end run that's trying to be made around the old Marlwood case, which as you know, turned out with the landowners having been finally proved right by the Ohio Supreme Court. Instead of following the New England Northeastern revisionist view of a person's right to property Kio versus New London, which said oh, somebody else wants to use the same property, Well, we can take yours and give it to them. And that was the wrong purpose of eminent domain. Now this isn't eminent domain, but it's re zoning, which has the same impact. It's a taking, and it's going to create concrete canyons the very pictures that they use and that the zoning commission is using to try and push this a planned unit development, which is the end run around the zoning. It's theayre Limiting heights is a taking. It's a taking of line of sight, it's a taking of sunshine. And in those pictures you can see the shadows and if you put up another ten, fifteen, twenty feet on top of that, those shadows are extended, even in the daylight where they're trying to show no impact. And of course, the one thing they haven't done has made any changes, even though they've been meeting with the high park community groups and the zoning boards. Well, please talk to them. Well they talk to them, but if they do nothing, it's like talking to a teenager. If the teenager doesn't change their attitudes, well nothing happens. The greats don't go up. The interaction with the family doesn't change. You can talk to them to your blue in the face until you get them to change. Now, that's really what they've done. They've played ropodope with a Hyde Park Community Council and they still haven't addressed one of the key issues, which is traffic. That's a very narrow, narrow straight and what are you going to do to widen it? You're going to take out the park in the middle of the square. What do you do here? It's amazing you take their own words from well, the clique camp and louring families have been embedded for years in politics and Cincinnati, and I think it might be helpful to take a look at the history a little bit of zoning and the purposes. Going back into the Middle Ages, tanneries weren't allowed in towns. Why because they stank, because of what they use to cure the hides. More recently, beginning in Charleston where they built a Francis Marion hotel in the twenties, people realized, oh my god, we're known as the city as spires, and if we allow this, it's toiler than the spires of our churches. We have to do something to protect it. Every time that there's been a movement to protect something, there's been a casualty. And in South Carolina, in Charleston, it was realizing they were about to lose their entire city scape. So they limited the height of buildings. And they've got a great ordinance for that purpose, and they've got a design review board and really great analysis of the height of of stories and what can be counted as a story and and how you deal with that, and adding these just few more feet higher than well, they're using the wrong structures to compare. Number one, they're not the ones on the square. And number two, that just a few more feet higher than would be another story or level in Charleston. And every time you have a story and you start going higher, you increase the underlying cost for the city to have the adequate fire apparatus. You'll notice that when you go out well on the interstate, all of those hotels are generally four stories high. You go higher than that, you need to have more fire apparatus or you lose your fire reading for that area. And that's an additional expense for the city. And the city's already crying forth. They claim they'd have guardrails around the money for the railroad. Back to that for a moment, and it didn't take them a month to try and find ways to pick that piggybank lock.
Speaker 1: Well, and this all springs from that connected community saying the city council pass right, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: They wanted to have a connected community, and then all of a sudden, now they want to go around what they just passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess I want to try to understand the relationship between connected communities and this proposal, which is again to put some higher density housing in Hyde Park, apartments most notably as well as a hotel. I understand that the project's proposed height is eighty five and a half feet, which is going to require zoning change with the City of Sinceinna, which imagine will be easily acquired since the city's in charge of this. But don't the residents of Hyde Park have any say over this anymore?
Speaker 3: How Well, it shouldn't just be the residence of Hyde Park, it should be the residence of all the communities. True. Yeah, but you can do it to Hyde Park. They'll do it to Mount Lookout Square, So do it to Oakley Square. They'll do it to Sailor Park. I mean a man, if they went out to the minority communities and started Addison and they started buying up large blocks, put one layer of shops on the first, then put two three layers of parking, and then another three to five layers of housing on top, that would totally destroy Sailor Park. To totally destroy Addison, I mean Cincinnati has the largest aggregation of Italian eight structures in the country outside of New York. That's why Lost New Yorkers was filmed here. Well, if you start buying up blocks of property, because Kelly, it is to be so much better if we did something different. And you look at what is in the lowering, what is that the North Point group, And you see they've got the Italianate structures on Vine Street. But then look what they built it. They'reld he can cansite across from the Broadway Colts. They're in the old time Star building. But you just follow every time we've had a major loss of a structure that was historically significant. The real push for all of this began with the destruction of Penn Station in New York to build a new Madison Square gardens. It was built a design on the colla Roman baths. Well, they tore that down, and I remember going by the meadowlands and seeing the beautiful limestone columns sinking into the mark. Well that started the whole idea of historic preservation, and that push for a historic preservation in New York led to Jackie O NASA saving Grand Central Station in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, in the interest of time, because we're running out of time, Al Nippert, is this going to end up in courts?
Speaker 3: It absolutely should, because maybe because the Keio, New England, Land case was about a taking, and it was followed up by the Norwood case here in Cincinnati, which which took a different view because of Ohio constitutions. Stare, take the property just to benefit somebody else because you like some better time.
Speaker 1: The lawyer up in Hyde Park is where I think we have led this discussion. Al Nipper. Thank you for your insight and thoughtful comments on this matter. Keep your popcorn out. It ain't over. The Nimby lawsuits probably just beginning. I'll look forward to having you back on real soon. It's seven point fifty two fifty five KRC detalk station. Time to get rid of your pain. You talk to your doctor about surgery. Yet uh huh, after years of injections and maybe pain medications, and you're talking about going into the knife for your hip pain, knee pain, joint pain, the arthritis pain, how about not? How about consulting with QC Kinetics an initial free consultation to talk about these regenitive therapies using your body's own natural healing properties to heal and solve your chronic arthritic pain. Tens of thousands of patients nationwide have gone to QC Kinetics and found satisfaction alleviating their pain with natural biologic treatments. So how about giving a shot? Why not call to find out if this is an option for you. QC Kinetics can be reached at five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC the talk station. Your hands work hard.
Speaker 3: Texting fill