Speaker 1: Oh Ventures, Adventure, intrigue, mystery romance starring Humphrey Boguards and Lauren bacall together in the sultry setting of tropical.
Speaker 2: Havannah and the mysterious islands of the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: Oh Venture.
Speaker 1: Once again, the magic names of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall bring you ould venture and a tale of mystery and free a week, a whole week back in civilization. You don't know what it means you to to be in a city again, to see streets instead of jungle.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: That food you've placed before me civilized food. Yet it frightens me.
Speaker 4: What did you expect me to serve you?
Speaker 5: Dutch targetaire? After all, how many people slashed the somata? Do you think we guess?
Speaker 1: I don't pay any attention to her mysterious, and yet I can't get used for civilization in spite of what the archipelago is like death, that your shoulder constantly in the earthquake, the nights of remembering that there's anything about gold mysterious?
Speaker 6: Just what is your gold?
Speaker 4: Gold? For fool? Just a trick.
Speaker 1: I didn't find gold. A small trader filled the shotgum full of gold pellets and chop them against a rock, fills me up piece of the jungle, and I so I'd struck it rich. I even wrote home about it for a woman I used to know how I discovered gold and I got shoppies and Samantra too well talked about the time I met a guy who called himself Tray of Melvin. I was new to Samantra. He tried to sell me futures and elephant tusks, and I almost bought. Another time, mister Salem, I have to leave what you hi A young woman, mister Valve, not as lovely as you, not as kind. I met her at the telegraph office on Paso wil Vivez. Only the works there helped me. So night, she's going to show me around Havannah. I want to see it before I leave for New York. How he owe some things make it easy. Come back before you sail.
Speaker 6: George, George cousin Louis Looke.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: My gosh, George, So you'll live?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 6: So you'll live? So I won't have to kill you.
Speaker 2: In the streets, the moon shines bright to sea pounds and it's like the beat of my heart.
Speaker 6: My heart really pounds for you, Carson.
Speaker 1: If I don't understand what you're a pathetic man, Carson, a tragic man.
Speaker 6: I'll bet kiddies and old ladies a great week for you.
Speaker 1: What do you want of me, Lewis? What can I give you? Not what you can give me?
Speaker 6: Boy adventure? What you can take away?
Speaker 1: We were friends, partners. Now you scratch my back of the night to bring me here. It would have brought you anyhow. Why why you made a mistake friend, partner? At your check over there?
Speaker 6: Carson?
Speaker 1: Yes, wasted a place like that, lonely a part so I could adjust. Take civilization easy and try the light it at someone moving around from that sob that's the way close, dead man. You want to die with your mouth open and make a jesture die how you want? Welcome to civilization, dead man?
Speaker 4: Hey slave, can I come in sure?
Speaker 1: Sit down? Tela be waitin a minute. As I finished cleaning this gun. You see this gun? It is with me and Sumatra. You see this not right here on the stock? You know what it's for? Uh?
Speaker 5: I better read this to you first, then you can regale me. That is, if you feel like regaling after you've heard it.
Speaker 1: Wants to matter, let me read it to you in the morning paper.
Speaker 3: Unknown man washed up on beach near maryle Castle. An unidentified man was found late last night by fishermen.
Speaker 5: Who were returning to Havana. The man had been stabbed to death. He was six feet tall, middle aged, weather beaten, skin yellowed as if he had been taking against malaria.
Speaker 1: He will, hey, that could have been our friends from Samatra.
Speaker 4: For me still, I'll get it.
Speaker 3: Yes, what.
Speaker 5: You'd better open the door, slafe, and what's the matter. He's seven feet tall, he wears earrings in his ears. I don't believe I saw him.
Speaker 4: And he wants to come in.
Speaker 1: What's unusual about that? I'll get it. Hello, come on in.
Speaker 3: I thank you.
Speaker 8: I am SUPI lay.
Speaker 1: Shannon, there's miss de Valve.
Speaker 3: It is my pleasure as long as you're in town. We're I'm glad you stopped in.
Speaker 8: I am of the tribe of your booty.
Speaker 1: As if we didn't know, that's a Sumatran tribe. Is that's SUBI and I got to remember a tribe with markings on the Cali River right. Indeed, it is mister Shannon Slay.
Speaker 5: If he's from Sumatra, how come the language is so easy for me. Until today, I've always had trouble with a dialect.
Speaker 7: I was educated in a mission school. Mister Vale, a question, if you please? Sure a man came to you he was from Sumatra.
Speaker 1: That's right. I needed to know that. Peoply sire a gun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you shouldn't mess with.
Speaker 3: Slight as long as I hold a gun in my hair?
Speaker 1: Nice going, shall I? I'll get up, Sube. What's all this about?
Speaker 8: Next time?
Speaker 7: I will not be so foolish when I return. Next time you will die. My promise to you.
Speaker 2: I hardly know how.
Speaker 1: To behave with you.
Speaker 9: Senor Shannon, Senorito Doval, you come to a humble policeman of your own free will? Shall I order flags in havana roombas in the street?
Speaker 6: What is the etiquette? That reward would be, daisy reward?
Speaker 1: Reward for what that?
Speaker 9: You bent a gun barrel over the head of a native from Sumatra who could very well be a pig of your imagination.
Speaker 5: Fig He says, take a look at this gunbal that you'll find the head print of a tattooed Samatral on it.
Speaker 1: I better still take a look at me, Lassal. Nothing other seven feet tall to work me over like this. Well that's not counting the tagney in the jungle, counting the pigmy who they lead me along? Wi you, sailor, I try to explain to the policeman how the guy found knife on the beach with a man we fed, traded exciting adventures with right true anyway, don't believe me, sailor.
Speaker 6: You know what you can please, And for these kindnesses.
Speaker 1: The deceased told you perhaps who he was, only that he'd been in Sumatra, got taken for a phony gold fine, had the ground shaken up under him in a nice quake, gout fever, quired a king Kong who promised me a grave man like that shouldn't be hard to trade lassal And once you know who he is, maybe you find.
Speaker 6: His killer beast. We intendudu, even if we should discover you with.
Speaker 9: The murderer Thingil Shannon, and now adios, and thank you for.
Speaker 1: The gorgeous entertainment. Come on, sail that the man doesn't appreciate.
Speaker 5: Us, He appreciates me. Didn't you notice a respectful way you get staring at h Next.
Speaker 1: Time we call on the police, sail away your overalls huh. Come on.
Speaker 3: You tell Usala seven foot loud threatened you with death and Masal doesn't even batter Lie you're not liked, slaate.
Speaker 1: No, I've got news for you kids.
Speaker 3: Shon you're the thrilling mister Shannon.
Speaker 1: Why yes, indeed, he miss, I am e he look as if I can help a girl like you.
Speaker 3: You can, you will. A man from Samota can bring us so close together.
Speaker 1: You could do that?
Speaker 3: Huh at my place? It's the RESTful there, illy.
Speaker 1: As soon as I got rid of uh, can pardon me? You understand how it is, Sailah. A lonely girl needs help, wants to be close.
Speaker 3: Sure, I understand you Go ahead slade a little for all time's sake.
Speaker 1: Anything you want, Honey, the red.
Speaker 3: One just stopped over there on the corner. You'd better run for it. Your friend was wrong. I heard you gave your feelings of hard you been in the way.
Speaker 1: Made it more filling, baby. You know, pain mixed to delight, the thing a man dreams about works for it. And I'm a fortunate fellow. I cast my bread on the waters and get the very share.
Speaker 3: You don't like the name, Call me whatever.
Speaker 1: You want, oh, I will give us time.
Speaker 3: Only there's a slight sea s late nine, a mountain of gold on a cemutral waste.
Speaker 1: Oh that oh uh oh you mean the gold he told me about. Well, I don't forget it, baby, it it isn't there a Samatra Knod has shot a heel full of gold pellets sold it to our boy just because it bothers me. Who was our boy? He's dead? He gotta mention his name.
Speaker 3: He loved me one was it five years ago? Loved me so fine, he wrote, He from gold. You killed him for it, didn't you. Slade. He told you about the gold and a nice to him. Let his blood run on the beach. I admired for that, Slate. Tell me where it is this mountain of gold, and I'll admire you. It's very deep.
Speaker 1: Anything like that could break up the nice things we're building. Vera, You know how it is. Money is the root of But don't walk away from me. When I got to say, she'd be whispered.
Speaker 4: You're talking to me about money, Slate.
Speaker 1: Your gun makes me tongue tied. Lover put it.
Speaker 3: I played with gun, Slate known for it. You just had the pleasure.
Speaker 1: He liked me, better with short side burns.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's where you're alive twenty four hours late. Bring me the location of the gold or next time I zero in on your eye.
Speaker 1: You know, I just sort of a name for you, and I like it. Wait up for me, lover. I know it's real to atics pay. The man with short sided brains ought.
Speaker 4: To come out to his boat and think about it. I recommend it.
Speaker 3: But why won't you talk to me? I'll come on, put your sins against my shoulder and tell me all about it and.
Speaker 1: Get off the boat. Sailor, but I want to go for a sail and I don't need you to rouse it up.
Speaker 4: Blouse it up.
Speaker 3: Who do you think you're play company? Seven feet of it?
Speaker 7: I told you I would come back.
Speaker 1: Mister, But the way that nice you'll be, We've got to talk. We've got to foot.
Speaker 3: Find mister Shannon Sholl be done.
Speaker 4: Don't throw.
Speaker 1: Taylor, Taylor, help me, help me. Now back to Bold Venture, our stars Humphrey Bogart and Lauren McCall and the second act of our story. I wants that say what you just lie?
Speaker 3: Stills lie open it. It's a surprise, see surprise.
Speaker 1: I sure I am what is it?
Speaker 4: It's a tor t as I cooked for you.
Speaker 3: One for every day of the week. This one with the Caravanza beans. That's for Sunday. I know how you don't like hospital cooking, so I.
Speaker 1: Thought i'd get a crooked dagger pitched through my shoulder, and you cooked me ate tortillas. I'll never forget you for.
Speaker 3: This, Sailor, go on eat one.
Speaker 1: This one on top is today, cook Sailor, Havanah's fine as surgeon stitched me up, Havanah's most beautiful nurse. Can't wait till I push a night buzzy. You want me to louse all that for one of your home cooked tortillas. And I appreciate your cooking things for me. I appreciate your kind thought trying to ease a wounded man's arms.
Speaker 3: Sorry to see you feeling so well.
Speaker 1: Slate it really here, I don't PLoud, Sailor. Someday into your life will come a man.
Speaker 3: He came, it just went out.
Speaker 1: You tell us how what happened to me?
Speaker 3: We shook hands over it, pat at each other on the back.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care that a seven foot English speaking ape card to slice out of me.
Speaker 4: The sounds different.
Speaker 3: Besides, the wound will go good with your new hair, Bob, That does it.
Speaker 1: But I had a good thing here, nice surrounding, gentle treatment from kind hands. Now I got to leave it. Get my clothes out of that closet, Sailor.
Speaker 4: That's because I wish you were dead.
Speaker 7: Don't go crazy, Slate.
Speaker 3: I love to walk out of here. You can hit my clothes.
Speaker 1: Give me a shoulder for a crutch. I'll show you how well I am. Get him.
Speaker 6: Say that my last request.
Speaker 3: I figured you wouldn't be able to think of anything to say, Louis, How do you say my name?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: Happy?
Speaker 1: Come in?
Speaker 6: Why are you in?
Speaker 4: I got a wire from.
Speaker 1: George, and I thought a thing.
Speaker 3: If George sent me a wire, send you one. I didn't want George to get as far as New York, so I thought another thing. You didn't want George in New York either. George found a lot of gold in Somatra.
Speaker 4: Louis, now, where is he?
Speaker 6: You know he's dead?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Because I found out where the gold is and killed him.
Speaker 1: Gold?
Speaker 6: Why you keep asking about gold?
Speaker 4: Five years ago?
Speaker 3: George wrote, he founded Then I didn't hear from Minyania last week.
Speaker 6: I thought he was dead, Villa. You remember that earthquake of Samatra right after that.
Speaker 1: No word from me but the gold Who cares about that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I care a lot.
Speaker 1: Put away the gun Hill, I care a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Lowis just talk, Lea.
Speaker 6: George was my partner. He left for Samatra hunting trip. He never came back. The business grew.
Speaker 3: Thousand, hundreds of thousands, all right, No hysteria, huh.
Speaker 6: It's the truth. That's why I didn't want George to come back.
Speaker 3: Half is his now it's mine part of it. I'm taking a place lowly half maybe more. I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: We've got to be careful, very George brought a native with him, a giant, and he's been talking.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, I know, Slate Shannon. Those people bother Louis. Oh, they don't bother me. They can be gotten to one way or another.
Speaker 8: All listen to the grief of our mister Sleep. He liked to play game with the singer ro Pat. He beats the mouth of a nameless man and getting returned man's corpse in the band. Then he go to police reap open heart after seventh foot giant try to.
Speaker 4: Break him apart.
Speaker 8: Then a lady.
Speaker 4: She hang to bullets near his ears and the knife is thrown her career Rob jeers, now we kings.
Speaker 3: Now, slave boy lives for stuff like that, don't you?
Speaker 1: Slave can't wait for the day I die.
Speaker 8: Pardon me for thinking so, mister Sleep, But you are what is known to us amateur psychoanalysts as.
Speaker 1: The white king. Out. I'll draw up an amateur couch.
Speaker 4: Don't try nothing out the free treatment slave.
Speaker 3: You're a bio can use one. Go on king what's known as a manual fellows.
Speaker 1: As a may have thrown, Miss Sailor, we have long searched for the exact category we have found it may him prone.
Speaker 4: Do you see slate? You see what you are? You see what people are saying about you behind your back.
Speaker 1: Let's ask this customer, Sailor, Let's ask him what. Pardon me, sir, before your register for a room, would you mind taking a good look at me? I want you to if I have, mister shelldon I've looked at you on more than one occasion, and I find it's worth a thousand dollars. Huh, Hey, that Taylor gentleman looks at me and it's worth a grand to him. A thousand dollars, mister Shandon, because I once saw you with a man from Sumatra.
Speaker 6: Because I want his name.
Speaker 1: The man from Sumatra. Huh you mean the seven put one in the pocket size edition, the man whom you were kind to, the dead man. One thousand dollars for his name. An easy day's work, mister Sheddon. I get throw in the name of the big one too. What's your offer on that?
Speaker 5: Take it easy, slave, for a grand we can come up with the name the gentleman wants.
Speaker 1: Point of information. It makes a dead man's name wighs so much to you? Say it is a whim a curiosity. Say it troubles me. An anonymous man finds death and a lot. But there I can twist it out of him for nothing. Oh you can't, mister Sherman, because I can so easily forget what I asked of you, so easily go.
Speaker 6: To the police for the injury you.
Speaker 3: Contemplate upon me. Let him go slate.
Speaker 6: Thank you, dear lady.
Speaker 1: If you should happen to remember his name, just by chance, I am at the Florida Apartments, Louis Widman. Try think of a thousand remember a name?
Speaker 5: So easy for you are yours slate?
Speaker 1: That's your hat, sailor. I know somebody who might remember a name. That's right, Angel. This man told me about a girl who worked in the telegraph office. He said her name was Lolita.
Speaker 3: I need to still my name. But what man are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It in a nevana about a week. He's from Samatra.
Speaker 3: Oh see, see, I know when you speak. We had a date for fiesta, but he did not appearily one with another one him here? Where did this place? I helped him to send the telegram to whom he from the police. That's right, you're a liar. Used to pretty.
Speaker 4: Pretty them, but surely lead. It's a goodbye vocals to me. He's pretty.
Speaker 3: Therefore he's not of the police. Therefore I will tell him what he wished to know. Two telegrams, he says, both to New York want to via Shay in Island of Staaten. Another two are Senior Louis Vigrant in care of Carson and Viagrant Company. Both be the same as you see, I mean Havanna will arrive in New York in about two weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm signed with the initial G.
Speaker 3: Let's go Saylor, Well, janieus what we find out on this fine night.
Speaker 1: Said Louis. If I gorand knew who the man from Snato was, all he wanted to find out for me is if I knew he you all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, come on, let's get out of here. What was in that car is liable to be back down this alley.
Speaker 4: It's just Shannon.
Speaker 1: Huh. Oh it's you, please said, he's bleeding. Yeah, and what happened to you Selby.
Speaker 7: Two hours ago has happened. I tried to seek out the killers of George Carson because George Carson was to me a brother.
Speaker 1: So that's his name, George Carson.
Speaker 7: I'm not taking some outra. He helped me in spite of his injury, helped me, stayed lived with my.
Speaker 1: People who shot you.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait only Liten, I am sorry for what I did to you.
Speaker 4: I've followed to tell you to tell.
Speaker 1: You he's dead, Sarah.
Speaker 3: I'll sigh, I really am.
Speaker 1: Let's tell the police about it and we can tell a man I know he's got a thousand bucks for us.
Speaker 6: Oh it's you, Shennon. Tell me what quickly then go away?
Speaker 1: Can try close the door, sailor.
Speaker 3: Hey, slave, look what's at the end of that long cigarette holder, that skinny girl, Hi slat, I gave you twenty four hours late. Did you bring you what I want to know?
Speaker 1: I brought you about something.
Speaker 6: I don't need it anymore.
Speaker 1: We still need this thousand. The man you killed. His name is George Carson, a caution and vigrant. He was a good guy, Louis. Why'd you have to kill him?
Speaker 2: I don't mind, Shennon.
Speaker 6: A guy like you ought to go out knowing why. Carson was my partular.
Speaker 1: He should have stayed in the South Seas.
Speaker 6: I don't need a partner anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't say that like you mean it. Louis got a partner me.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: You brought me a packet of goodies too, huh, Snake, I don't wrap it for me, show me.
Speaker 1: Ask your partner, Ask Louie. He knows where the gold is, too, doll you Louis ver ruh.
Speaker 3: Sure he does corson callers, he wrote, Louis all about it.
Speaker 7: Louie, because he lied to me.
Speaker 3: Shannon, you've seen me work before.
Speaker 4: You know he's dead.
Speaker 1: Hell, you're good, Vera, you really are one thing.
Speaker 6: I'll come.
Speaker 1: You missed me from that.
Speaker 3: Car, I could have had you heard too, the way I got that soodie in your case, It was just a gentle reminder that you didn't have much.
Speaker 1: Time about the gold. Huh about the gold?
Speaker 3: Carson found it, didn't he?
Speaker 1: He found it? You and knees Lady, Hi too.
Speaker 3: You and me?
Speaker 5: You already got a sideburn kurls?
Speaker 4: Miss?
Speaker 3: How much more do you want? He said?
Speaker 4: You mean me, ma'am?
Speaker 1: You silah?
Speaker 3: You got the gold.
Speaker 5: Look, honey, two dollars like us, we can divvy up all all about that gun you hold.
Speaker 7: You've got to go.
Speaker 3: Doesn't you slate?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: You do it too?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you slate? Turn your back on a minute? Who do you think you're pushing?
Speaker 1: Watch Taylor, I'll take that under. How about you? Oh, sailor, can you still gonna window? Tall? Now?
Speaker 2: I'll drop you.
Speaker 3: Look it up, Sailor told her, still case, I'll get you back. A pair of sideband curls just pointed out a baby. The police will hate us if we bring them damaged goods. Hey, plate, where are you here?
Speaker 1: I am Hey? I want to talk to you. How come I'm dridding my own socks?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you later. Stand up, what for?
Speaker 4: Stand up?
Speaker 3: Put this apple on your head?
Speaker 1: You're going crazy, sailor today. I don't need an apple on my head.
Speaker 3: I'll kill the meat.
Speaker 1: Then you're gonna try to shoot this apple off my head.
Speaker 3: Girls, so a handywood guns seem to impress you.
Speaker 5: I've been practicing.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to shoot an apple off my head to impress me. Just come here, closest, sailor. That's fine.
Speaker 3: Well what do I have to do?
Speaker 1: Don't bring an apple like this every day? Murder tasty sayah, I'm very impressed with you. I'm so Our two stars, I'm freetball Guard and Lauren Call have brought to a close our latest Bold Venture story. Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose. May we invite you to listen again next week at this time or another exciting adventures storring Humphrey Bogar and Lauren bacall together in Oh Venture