Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Tuesday, Education and that's the way the news goes.
Speaker 1: It is and we got Monday under our belt and moving on to Tuesday. And what do we got on the line up this morning? And a very happy Tuesday to everybody in the listening audience. Appreciate you tuning into the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Appreciate Joe Strecker for producing the program. Executive producer Joe Tracker. Anyway, caught up Steve Gooden, the return of Steve Gooden. We just had him on recently talking about some lawsuits and today he's going to put on his Charter Committee hat, which is asking for the full repeal of Connected Communities. Steve got involved with that, but Charter Committee Greater Cincinnati unanimously voted to demand a full repeal the Connected Community's zoning legislation which was pushed through which they say without any meaningful community input, which it was pointing out that will lead to unregulated development, increased teardowns, and growing congestion while ignoring the real needs of neighborhoods. According to their announcement, the Charter Committee is of Greater Cincinaty calls for the wholesale repeal of the so called Connected community zoning legislation. So Steve Gooden, our lawyer friend, providing insight and analysis on the Charter Committee and what connected communities really is and why they're arguing it should be repealed. Inside scoop. But it is Tuesday, we get the inside scoop with bright Bart News Today. Aw R. Hawkins, the second Amendment guy from bright Bart gonna be talking about Mexican president threatening lawsuits that the cartels are labeled terrorists. Let that sink in. If you think about Mexico, The problem with Mexico is the cartels pretty much run everything. And if you're a politician that wants to eradicate the crime and the murders and the chaos and everything else those cartels bring about and of course undermining the Mexico's ability to rise up and improve itself, they stand in the way at every turn. And if you're a politician that runs to eradicate them or otherwise deal with their corruption and all the death and dismemberment that they are responsible for, they kill you. We want to try to stop that. We want to try to stop the cartels from well bringing fentanyl into our country. We want to stop the cartels from human trafficking, most notably children being used as sex slaves and being ferried into our country for the purposes of pedophiles in our country. There's a special place in Hell for each and every one of you. But she threatening lawsuits against gun makers if the cartels are designated as terrorist groups. I'm sorry, can you connect point A to point B on that one? They manufacture firearms, What someone does with the firearm after it ends up in a retail establishment or is otherwise lawfully purchased on the market is beyond their control. Are they going to stop manufacturing something that well, their business thrives upon that. They're in the business to do blets a gun, Yeah, it is, and guns can be used for rope quite lawful purposes. It's the great equalizer. Point that out all the time, and I'm the first person to do that. Look. Oh from AWR Hawkins over on Bike Part A juvenile reportedly retrieved a handgun this over the weekend Manchester, Kentucky, shot and killed two armed intruders. Well, it looks like an effective use of a handgun into pretty dangerous situations, and a juvenile was able to well equalize the situation when fifty one year old Jeffrey Allen and forty four year old Roger Smith entered the home with the intent to steal guns out of a safe. According to Kentucky State Police, they're dead now. Happened about four point thirty in the morning when they forced their way into the home. W KYT report of the juvenile, who was home at the times shot. Both of the men escaped through a bedroom window. Forty four year old I'm sorry, fifty one year old Jeffrey Allen. He died at the scene. The Smith guy died after being taken to the hospital. Police calling the juvenile's action self defense. Huh, how about that. Let's sue the gun manufacturers for providing the juvenile an opportunity to defend himself and his family from very dangerous intruders who broke into their home. Let's sue the gun manufacturers, so you have a good illustration of why a gun is an important thing to have in that case. In that particular case, I'm guessing the firearm was lawfully purchased, was in the home, So we'll ignore that one where the firearm and the purchase of the firearm actually achieved one are the intended results, which is providing you an opportunity to defend yourself from bad guys. Now, had that firearm been illegally transferred and taken across the southern border, did the firearm manufacturer have anything to do with that? If someone uses a firearm to go out and commit an active murder, was that at the direction of the firearm manufacturer? Of course not. But moving away from that logic and reason, the firearm manufacturer is not responsible for the ultimate end user and whether or not they use it for lawful purposes or for criminal purposes, it's beyond their control. It doesn't make the firearm itself illegal. We have a second amendment, right, thank you. But moving over to the topic we're talking about aw with a W. R. Hubbins, the Mexican president is going to sue firearm manufacturers, not period end of comment, which other states and others have tried to do unsuccessfully. I might add, be for the reasons that I just mentioned, but because we as a country are going to designate the criminals that are the car tells terrorist organizations and look at the definition of a terrorist organization. I mean, what the cartels, given the activity that they engage in regularly, fall square within it. I'm surprised prior administrations haven't already done that. That's you know, I'm just okay. We got other topics to talk about with aw are at a five ah Daniel Davis deep dive of Europe ready for Russia, Ukraine ceasefire and the United Kingdom ready to support the ceasefire. And it does look like Trump's going on his own and endeavoring to shore up some peace there. Over to Europe, jd Vance called Germany's free speech restrictions Orwellian this yesterday, say the other European countries should join the United States and rejecting their Orwellian free speech laws. What free speech laws, let's dive into them. This is insane. I'm glad I live in a country that has a Second Amendment right to keep in bare arms. I'm also glad I live in a country that has a First Amendment right to free speech, a free exercise, and freedom of assembly. So we go over to sixty minutes. Apparently German prosecutors and you don't know them, I imagine, unless you're really keeping close track to who's prosecutors in Germany? Anyway, Three clowns called Savenja Meninghause, Matt House Fink, and Frank Michael Lau on sixty minutes discussing their country's new speech laws, which are in their criminal statutes, and they all confirm that insulting someone in public and online is a crime in Germany. Can you imagine if it was criminal behavior in this country to insult somebody, Joe, I think you and I'd be in jail. According to one of the prosecutors, mister Fink, the fine could be even higher if you insult someone on the Internet. Follow this line of reasoning, please, because with the Internet, it stays there. And I got to pause and reflect on that, because the Left and the Democrats are having a real struggle with the Internet and some of the comments they previously made, most notably related to Doge. They hate doads, they hate the idea that Elon Musk is farting out fraud, waste and abuse, and yet many of them are literally on record as demanding the ferreting out of fraud, waste and abuse, including the former president Joe Biden. I'll get to that anyway. Because of the Internet, it stays there. Good point. If we are talking here face to face and you insult me and I insult you, okay, finish. But if you're on the Internet and I insult you or a politician. He actually did a subcategory to underscore the fact that politicians cannot be insulted. But if you're on the Internet, I and soul you or a politician, it's there forever report of the punishments for breaking Germany's speech laws include prison time for repeat offenders. Apparently, the prosecutors explain that German law prohibits what they call malicious gossip, violent threats, and fake quotes. So when I read fake quotes, I think of like memes and comedy. They say, anyone who reposts a post that is not true is also committing a crime. According to the prosecutor Mettinghouse. In the case of reposting, it is a crime as well, because the reader cannot distinguish whether you invented this or reposted it. That's the same for us. I I'm just and and Vance is in trouble now, at least among some circles. They're being critical of JD. Vance for defending free speech and suggesting that Europe shouldn't go down that road.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 1: You know, it's at this moment in time you should really count your blessings and thank god you live in America, and reflecting back on what the Biden administration had been doing to social media and getting people within the bowels of government, the FBI and the CIA, I presume, and all of these lettered agencies getting into social media companies like Facebook. Look at the Facebook and the Twitter files that Elon Musk released after he bought it for the purposes of making an open environment to exchange thoughts and ideas. Yes, you are going to be insulted on Twitter, perhaps, but you know what, you can say something back. You can offer a more well logical and reasonable argument in the face of some nonsensical comment someone makes. That's the free exercise of your speech. That is the exchange of ideas. It's an open forum to hopefully come up with the best possible solution through the free exchange. But they don't want that. You think woke ideology is wrong. You think telling you boys that they can be girls in spite of the fact they can look down and say, oh, look, twiggingberries. But I'm still a girl, really suppressing the counter argument to that. No, you're not even X and Y chromosome. You also have a Johnson so you can't be a girl. You're not a girl. Now, we all recognize that in your head, and I think there's a DSM five diagnosis for this. That you truly believe you're a girl. I can accept that all day long. That is what you think in your head. I think of anorexics who are just skin and bones, who literally look in the mirror and literally see see a fat person. They're not definitionally fat, they are objectively skinny, yet in their mind they see fat. I understand that complex. I don't deny that that's what they see, and through therapy perhaps they can overcome that. And I know a lot about anexity because I dated one for quite some time. It's not fun, but to exchange the idea and to talk about no chromosomally speaking and well biologically speaking, there are two sexes. Suppress that message, remove it from Facebook, remove it from Twitter now x that's what our government was doing. And JD Vance gets in trouble for calling out the European Union for engaging in those types of endeavors. I think he's onto something five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty two three talk time five fifty on AT and T phones. Stick around. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: The countdown is on to our dad.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your nine first morning weather forecast to be cloudy day to day, very cold, twenty one for the high, down to fifteen overnight with snow moving in late night. Winter Weather Advisor kicks in around northern Kentucky anyway, got tomorrow with early snow, possible slick spots to start your day. Be careful on the roads for the high overnight low of twelve anyway. Done with winter, be overcast, and now we'll taper off overnight. If the High River could go over the flood stage, they're calling it fifty three point four feet pretty precise, thirst excuse me partly, clydest guy's on Thursday, a high at twenty three. Let's see here my disappearing temperature seventeen degrees right now. If it's a five KARCDCAU station five twenty four, if it's five KAROSEE talk station. I was looking at this delta flight ended up on its back. How did the plane flip over. I've seen four or five articles over and you may have seen the footage, or rather the aftermath. Anyway, I haven't seen video of how it actually ended upside down, but wow, what divine intervention that no one was killed in that. I just wanted to how it ended up on it's back. And they're already the left screaming that it's Donald Trump's fault. Don't you love? Don't you love that Donald Trump caused that plane wreck, just like he caused that Blackhawk helicopter to collide into a plane over in DC. Yeah, it's all his fault. Five twenty five five K City Talk station. Feel free to call. I do have local stories to dive on into it, but I'd rather talk to you. Got a comment maybe in observation five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk time five fifty on AT and T founds.
Speaker 5: I'll be right back fifty five krc.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Time for the weather. We have a cloudy Danner Hands today. It's going to be cold with a high of twenty one overnight low colder fifteen winter whether advisor kicks in and it for the Northern Kentucky area. As snow moves in the late night hours tomorrow, early snow possible, watch out for slick spots. High of twenty two overcast overnight to say, the snow going caper off, but the Ohio River could go over flood stage. We'll see a low of twelve twelve degrees. Thursday is going to be a part with Thotty Day with a high of twenty three. Right now it's nine fifteen degrees here fifty five KERCV talk stations and a happy Tuesday to you five one, three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk prop to the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. I just got an email yesterday from Lynn Arnold, who's with the Young Marines, and she brought in the Young Marine of the Year, and what an impressive young lady. She was. Unbelievable. Her speaking ability, her intellect, her knowledge, her discipline just just springs from the Young Marines. And if you are interested in the Northern Kentucky Young Marines or doing a recruit training session, they said, according to Lynn, if you know anybody age eight to eighteen who may be interested in joining us, because there's been extra interest in the program recently, and I hope we here on the fifty five Carsy Mornings, that'll be Joe Strecker and me had some influence over folks because this is an absolutely amazing organization. So if you're interested in it, I'm happy to share the news about this Saturday, February twenty second, one thirty in the afternoon at Marshall Shildmeyer VFW Post sixty ninety five. That's in Latonia, Kentucky, three forty three East forty seventh Street, Covington. Interested youth plus a parent or guardian must attend an informational session before signing up for recruit training. So there you have it. Maybe I'll forward this to Joe. You see if we can add it to the fifty five Casey Morning Show page. Just I mean impressive. If you want your young person to be an upstanding citizen, have decency, respect, discipline, honor, that's the organization you need to get your young person involved with. So Nky Youngmarnes dot com for the details on that. Anyway, I always promote Matthew twenty five Ministries because I know a dollar given is a dollar that's going to end up in the hands of those who need it. When it comes to charitable work. Now, if you go with something like uh, United Way, a little bit of overhead, there big salaries being paid. Matthew twenty five doesn't go down that road, and their ministry is actively working to aid those affected by the deadly floods in Kentucky, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Of course they are all that rainfall over the weekend resulted eleven fatalities, flooded numerous communities, thousands of people without homes, other essential items including electricity and flowing water. Matthew twenty five asking for the following donations for restocking during the response for possible and they're for the and for future disasters as well. Following items accepted at their facility eleven eighty three Kenwood Road, Blue Ash. Just look M two. I think it's M twenty five, M dot com or dot org if I remember correctly. I don't quote me on that, but just look up Matthew twenty five ministries and your search engine. You'll find them what they need. Cases of bottle water, personal care products like antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, as shampoo, body washed jyodorant, lotion, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, general cleaners, sponges, bleach powdered form is preferred, they say, mops, scrubbrushes, buckets, rubber gloves, and things in that various categories. Use your imagination. Paper products like toilet paper, paper, towels, baby and infant supplies, divers, wipes, stiper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, and baby loation. First aid items such as bandages, gozepad, first aid tape, aniseptic cream, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex, glove instance, cold packs, candles and flashlights. Cleanup supplies, protective eyewar like work gloves, trash bags, etc. And I imagine this is not an exhaustive list that I just read off from Matthew twenty five. So if you're in a position to help out and you want your aid to go to victims, Matthew twenty five, that is the place. Uh Sincinni Fraternal Order, Police and the CINCINNTI Firefighters Union Local forty eight filed complaints against the city Community Response Initiative. Unions allege the City of Cincinnati Community Responder program violates their collective bargaining agreement court. To FOP president Ken Kober, speaking with Fox nineteen, thank you Ali Hearnard for reporting it's a danger to the public. He said, These folks clearly don't have the training police officers do, but they have them going out and trying to engage in those activities. Police and the firefighters are opposing CINCINNTI Emergency Communications Center Community Responder program cour to the City of Cincinnati. Community responders initial cap on that we're reresponsible for non emergency issues reported a three one one to nine to one one that do not require a police officer's response. I'm trying to process how they figure out what does and does not require a police officer. In August last year, since any FOP said set, a cease and desist order was sent to the city. Cobert explained the city that this was to let city officials know that if they wanted to go through with the initiative, they would have to negotiate with the police and firefighters' union. Cober said they didn't do that. City went ahead with a program allowing community responder, a city employee, to respond instead of a police officer to non emergency calls for service. The intent to free up police to handle more urgent incidents. The end of October last year, Cincinnti FOP filed an unfair labor practice complaint against the city. Cober said the initiative has been a problem since it began. At the end of twenty twenty four and the last January, the city firefighters union sent a cease and desist letter as well as the city manager, claiming that their members had lost their bargaining unit work. A statement from union chief Joe Elliott since fire Fighters Union Local forty eight Philly supports initiative initiative innovative rather solutions to improve public safety, but not at the expense of the well being of our community or the effectiveness of our emergency response system. Ohio State Deployment Relations Board, responding to the complaint, deciding on mediation between the FOP and the city for a resolution. When asked for comment Fox nineteen, you get a response. Got a couple of callers online. You folks will be first before I get to the stack and stupid and I'm happy to hear from you. Don't go away. It's five point thirty five here fifty five KRC detalk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station money change.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your nine first wenty weether forecast. It's called twenty one or high today, cloudy and a snow moves in overnight. When a rather advisory kicks in around it says around northern.
Speaker 8: Kentucky had a little silk activity of that little fifteen or night high at twenty two tomorrow with early snow possible, watch out for the slick spots.
Speaker 1: Overcast Wednesday night snow will taper off higho River, probably going to go over to floodstate low of twelve degrees and a partly clotty Thursday with a high of twenty three fifteen degrees. Right now, I think about KRC talk station time for first traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care and that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see health dot Com. Highway traffic doing fine early on this Tuesday morning, no major issues, even with a little bit of snow falling in some spots. Kellogg is now underwater near Sutton chuck Ingram on fifty five KR scene them talk station.
Speaker 1: By forty fifty five kr c DE talk station. Before I get this tack of stupid. Got a couple of callers online and color storys. Welcome in little the stack of stupid five one three, seven, two three talk time in fact fifty on AT and T phones. We will begin in the order which they're received, meaning Bobby is first, West, hang on your next, Bobby, Welcome back, my friend.
Speaker 3: Good morning, my brother. Keep that torture freedom going high and bright, trying well. We got a couple of things we can discuss about. It's either the cartel enemy combatant issues or the change with German and Eve Colinar, VP, Nazis and everything. But I think Marco Rubio took care of her, chastise her real well.
Speaker 1: They just makes such fools out of themselves. Bobby, you know, have you haven't we gotten past this whole Nazi thing, Nazi Nazi maybe even though you pay attention to what the definition of Nazi is.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, when when you deal with idiots like that, they're going to say things, but they don't talk about the real thing. You know, German having an election on the twenty third of this month, it's a free of speech state been taken away. They're already taking their posting everything down. And yes, the right wing goes very far, they'll cancel the elections.
Speaker 1: You know what, you may be onto something on that, and you're right. This criminalization of the freedom of speech is exactly is designed exactly for that point to suppress an alternative message. And know that AFP party are not a bunch of Nazis. There are more concerned they they have. They want control over their borders, which European doesn't have any control over the borders. Their country's been overrun by illegal immigrants. They've ruined their economy by chasing windmills and solar panels. Hell, they can't even keep the electricity on. They have to start buying Oh that's right, electricity from France made from nuclear power because Germany, we're a bunch of idiots and shutting down their own nuclear plans.
Speaker 3: One other thing I've got, I got a white paper report two days ago about are how the country Tree Intelligence Agency will be going after our enemy combatants to cartels. And you know yourself, anytime someone's been deemed a terrorist organization in other countries all over the world, what do we do?
Speaker 1: We drone strike them.
Speaker 3: We drone strike and put their heads on pikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, Bobby, I'm on record as wondering out loud, how in the hell is it we can launch a missile strike into a country against whom we have no declaration of war, merely declaring someone a terrorist organization. I personally do not believe under the Constitution gives us the right to go start dropping bombs in countries that we don't have a war a declaration.
Speaker 3: Of war in.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's not even doing that. There's not even an authorization for use of military force. Now, if Mexico invites our troops to come in to fight the cartels because they can't do it themselves, I think you got a different set of circumstances.
Speaker 3: Then they have to or their money somewhere. They've got warehouses full of it. That number one will be going after their money as the main thing. But there won't be no drone strikes.
Speaker 1: Well again, they already know who they are.
Speaker 3: They'll be putting bounties on them.
Speaker 1: M So maybe encouraging the Mexican population to take advantage of a bounty that we have offered to knock off the cartel leaders.
Speaker 3: We had a twenty million dollar bounty on the guy in Syria that took over their government, and we dropped that. Biden administration dropped it as soon as he got in all of us.
Speaker 1: We could spend hours on the phone, Levy and criticized. That's the Biden administration. Take up a lot of time. Appreciate your call as always, my friend. Keep that flag flying high. Brother, Let's see what Wes has got. Wes, thanks for calling the Morning Show. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, Brian.
Speaker 10: Read something on X this morning, as I haven't been on there for a few days, but it's, uh, it's.
Speaker 11: I read that Zelensky.
Speaker 10: Is basically shutting down the Trump hootin peace talks and is demanding two hundred and fifty billion from the West to keep some war from ending.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you have you?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that, But my reaction is I get I'm obviously laughing out loud. I don't think he's in a position to bar Art to make demands West right, I mean absolutely, But.
Speaker 12: You know, I guess, I guess. The part that I'd like to to say is, uh, you know, well, let's let Russia try to fight or let uh, let him try to fight Russia with zero funded US dollars and see how well that goes Erico.
Speaker 1: Hence my point, he's not in a position to make demands.
Speaker 11: Well exactly, you know, and we've, let's face it, we've protected funded half the world at one time or another, of which a lot of those people hate our guts.
Speaker 1: That's true. But they like the money.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, they like the money.
Speaker 11: But you know, at what time do we stop dumping money at these people?
Speaker 1: Well? I think that's part of what doge is all about. I mean, I got a whole list of stuff that dog is trying to stop from flowing, like circumcisions in Guatemala. We're paying for that. Now you didn't know that, did you? Wess?
Speaker 14: Oh, I've heard so many of them.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 13: It's mind blowing.
Speaker 1: It is mind blowing. And we got people that are one and seventy nine years old getting social Security checks. Is anything right with that picture? Yeah?
Speaker 11: It is an absolute mess.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 10: If any one of us ran our businesses like the federal government runs this country, we would have been out of business or locked up in jail.
Speaker 7: Years.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for the locked up in jail years ago, because yes, a lot of the behavior seems to be absolutely criminal if conducted by everyday citizens here in the United States in their business practices. Excellent observations, Wes. I do appreciate the call this morning, five forty six the fifty five car ce DE talk station. Get in touch with Zimmer. Heating and air conditioning is what they are all about. Third generation. I love that. I just think it's a beautiful thing. Family owned and operated and Chris Zimmer now at the helm taking care of your all of your HVAC needs like they have been doing for more than seventy five years, ensuring your home is warm and efficient throughout the greater Cincinnati area. So turn of the experts at Zimmer for a warm carrier system. That's right. If you need a new heating HVAC unit, you're in the right hands with Zimmer and a carrier unit. So at hances your homes comfort. Book your appointment, It's easy to do. Go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot COM's look at the upper right hand corner. That's where you book the appointment. Or if your old school like I am, I always like to make the phone call just so call Chris Zimmer and telling Brian said, how when you do it, you'll be in great hands. It will definitely take great care of you at the right price. Five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three for all the details five one three five to two one ninety eight ninety three. So trust Zimmer HVAC to keep your home coke cozy and your energy bills low.
Speaker 5: Go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC Denny mcewit.
Speaker 1: Claudy. Day to day, it's going to be a high on twenty one down to fifteen overnight with a winter weather advisory for around. It says around northern Kentucky snow moving in still possible tomorrow morning. Expects slick spots when you start your commute, to be careful. Tomorrow morning high of twenty two, low of twelve overnight, the river's supposed to go over the flood stage. Snow will taper off Thursday, partly cloudy and a high of twenty three sixteen degrees. Right now traffic time from the UCL Tramphing Center.
Speaker 9: At you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless for better outcome, so expect mored You see how dot com highway traffic that's not bad to deal with early on this Tuesday morning. Some stove falling in some spots, but it doesn't appear to be having any problems on the roadways.
Speaker 1: Kellogg is now.
Speaker 9: Underwater near Suttonports Beelterra Park due to high water from the Ohio Chuck Ingram about fifty five k the talk station.
Speaker 1: And it's five fifty one fifty five k see the talk station. A very happy Tuesday to you before I get back to the stack. Oh stupid. Let's see what Pete's got to say this morning. Pete, thanks for calling the morning show. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Brian.
Speaker 15: I saw a news report that, like in the Washington, DC area, internet searches.
Speaker 16: For Rico Law and attorneys blee shoring money of.
Speaker 3: Skyrock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that too. I wonder why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I thought the funniest part of that article, because that came up in conversation yesterday, was the big increase in searches for bleach bit, which is the program that Hillary Clinton used to eradicate all of the emails on her email server. Yeah, didn't face any criminal responsibility or even accountability for that one. Also, the number of houses on the market in the Greater DC area has skyrocketed as well, bringing the home values down a little bit because apparently there is an excess supply given the number of people leaving the area. So there you have it. My fellow automotive loving friends know what a Ford GT is. So we have a four GT owner in Boca Raton, Florida. Of course Boca Raton. They got money there. Crashed his recently purchased GT into a tree. Happened Friday evening because, according to police, he was unfamiliar with how to I have a stick shift. Idiots idiot, because they're idiots. Accord to the report, fifty year old Robert Garani told police officers he lost control after down shifting while leaving his housing development at six pm, leading to a head on collision with a palm tree. The car is a mess, I might point out, told a nearby security worker he did not have his cell phone with him, seeing he'd ride back to his house and called the authorities VL Landline, so that was his excuse for leaving the scene of an accident. The police report said. He told officers. The crash was caused by inexperience with the manual transmission. He said. Also old tires, muddy pavement and fresh detailing were all factors costing the five better than fifty horsepower supercar to swing out of control and run into a palm tree. Driver told Roadent Track that the crash occurred as he shifted up into second gear from first, not well down shifting as the official report states. He says, I don't want people to think I was racing at ninety miles per hour. I was going thirty five, yeah, just as I think the car even goes thirty far gods thirty five miles per hour park. According to Joe Let's you're probably right on that job. Let's see here litigation myth number twenty seven. Your claim must have merit. New Jersey man wife was killed in a hippopotamus attack last year during a safari in Africa, is now soon the US company that arranged for the trip, alleging had failed to ensure their safety, did not adequately screen and supervise the tour guides, Craig Lisa Manders on a guided walk and Zambia in June, when a hippo charged out of the water, grabbed Lisa by its mouth and crushed her head and body with a bite that in the lawsuit filed against Africa Portfolio, the safari tour company based in Greenwich, Connecticut. They denied the lawsuit's allegations. Of course, lawsuit filed in Standford, Connecticut, alleged at a horrified Craig Manders had to watch the attack. The tour guides, including at least one armed with a rifle, walked away without helping the couple. Lisamanders, who was seventy at the time, suffered catastrophic injuries and died shortly thereafter. Attorney representing Craig, we're doing this because this should never have happened. There were basic safety standards the businesses are expected to follow, and that includes people in the safari tour industry, and those were not followed and the consequences here absolutely devastating, said The lawsuits seeking monetary damages that have not yet been determined, as well as accountability for Lisa Manders's death. There are on a special anniversary trip first time they went to Africa. She worked in the financial industry. The company's lawyer said it was not negligent or reckless in connection with her death. He said African Portfolio only arranged the couple's lodging and the owners of the lodging provided the tour guides. They had no connection with it. In other words, they said it was a tragedy. But listen, it ain't our fault. It's like my comments about the handgun industry.
Speaker 7: How you going to do?
Speaker 1: How do you hold a company accountable for what a wild, raging hippopotamus does. Joe, that's a good point. Don't go near the river.
Speaker 17: To da.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: But you know, maybe they're making that argument in the lawsuit, Joe. They provide specific instructions to don't go near the river idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Five fifty six fifty five Carrioste Talks Station, Mississippi. James on the phone. I gotta take a break, James. I will be happy to take your call after return from the news covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day America's deadline is.
Speaker 5: Over fifty five car see the talk station for live radio.
Speaker 1: On the program, our legal expert from Porter right putting on his charter Committee had which is asking for a full repeal of the Connected Communities program, which was rammed down everybody's throat by sin Sei City Council. We get the details from Steve at seven thirty. Fast forward to eight oh five, the inside scoop of bright bart News Firearms Second Amendment expert A. W. R. Hawkins just cracking up Mexican President threatening lawsuits if the cartels are labeled tear lawsuits, get to fire our manufacturers. If we label the most evil forces in Mexico as terrorists. What interest does the Mexican President have in concerning themselves or herself with us labeling them terrorists? It seems to me it might help her out, like a poll of the Mexican citizenry to see if they have a problem with that and our efforts to stop the cartels from their nefarious actions. Anyway, we got other topics to talk about with aw R. Hawkins plus Daniel Davis Deep dive, and Trump going alone with Vladimir Putin trying to resolve the Ukrainian War. Many in Europe not real happy about that for reasons unknown of course, and also the United Kingdom apparently ready to support a cease fire. Why would they be against that Anyhow, before we move on to the topics, I got Mississippi James on the phone. James, thanks for holding over the brake. It's always good to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 6: Hey, hello, doctor Brian. I had one point and one question I wanted to make. For a while on hold, I heard mcguffy say she answered one of my questions. He was saying that would be a press conference today to talk about the Lincoln Heights, not say situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was trying to keep my ear to the grinding rock to keep up with that. And it seemed that My point is, it seemed like when you had fa Fop Dan heell on there, sounded like he was doing damage control, you know, instead of saying, let's look at it and see what investigation take us, he jumped right on it to do damage control. And he spoke of us suspected people suspecting that one of the police officers was involved, and he say, hey, let's quail that right now, get rid of it. And the guy was on duty, you know. He said all that. Then he immediately pivot to oh, yeah, let's get to Hamilton County, Lisa Reese and Dumas. He said they were stirring the pot. And I'm just listening at that interview, it doesn't sound like, you know, hey, let's see where the investigation go. It was like it was damaged controlled, So that sounds suspicious. But we'll see what Ms McGuffey say this morning at the press conference.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in seeing what she has to say as well, because you know, as I my initial reaction was, you know, these idiots can say what they want supporting the right to free speech. You know, free speech includes idiots like Nazis speaking their mind about their stupid philosophy. But one of the people who actually had an interaction with them, a friend of Christopher Smithman named Eric, called me up and said, you know, they were out in the street and they approached me with a bullhorn and were calling me. I think it was the N word. They were screaming at him. So if they were out in the middle of the street, that was a detail that wasn't widely reported when the incident first happened, because all the reports in the newspaper said these guys were on the sidewalk, which they're allowed to peaceably assemble on the sidewalk, So should a citation have been issued. I don't know, but if Eric's reaction or interaction with those folks is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt him, then maybe that was something that they could have been cited for, which is walking out in the middle of traffic and impeding the flow of the traffic. But you can go back, A lot of organizations were engaged in that kind of behavior. Nobody got arrested or cited for that in the past. So are we picking and choosing who were going to cite and who were not. I know law enforcement does that often, and I, like you, James, am willing to wait for the fact to come out, and so far it's a bit foggy. I think you'll agree. Okay, all right, yes, sir, you're good man. James, thanks for calling. I just get a big kick out. He listened to the fifty five cassing Morning Show of Mississippi. We'll look forward to having you back in town when the weather warms up. You're in a good spot as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, Oh, I love this some local stories. I didn't get to this, but I want to let you know it's pothole season. Apparently. Elizabeth Kim from the Inquirer, and nowhere in the reporting is Sunset Avenue mentioned. Regular listeners know that it is my favorite favorite pet peeve. That road is in absolutely atrocious shape, and it's been that way as long as I can remember, and people keep telling me it only gets worse. Fortunately, I don't have to travel on that road very often. It's usually when we have listened to lunch at Price Hill Chili or maybe Chandler's Burger Bistro. Hello to the folks at Chandler's, I miss you, parenthetically. March First Brewery is the next listener lunch, which takes place on March fifth. Don't confuse the dates or the location, and it's the March first on East Kemper and across from that Kids First. Anyway, Apparently, within the past six weeks, pothole related service requests to the City of Cincinnati are up forty six percent over the same period last year. According to the inquire analysis, Thank you Elizabeth Kim for reporting city has six hundred and seventy two more pothole related complaints this year compared to the first month of last year. A spokesperson was interviewed by the by the Inquiry Southwest Ohio District of the state's Department of Transportations, Kathleen Fuller said, well, we do see a lot more pothole complaints in January and February because of the weather. Of course, the freezing thaw cycle crosses a problem, and according to the reporting, the apartment tries to get a crew out to brace yourself for the laughter for those folks living in neighborhoods that have had potholes that have not been addressed for a long time. Tries to get cruis out within twenty four hours of you reporting them. They said, the weekends are likely to be slower. They do a cold mix fix in the winter until crews can follow up with a more permanent fix in warmer months. Sure, they will use an online form to report damage to your car. Anyone traveling on sunset, do you think you really have an avenue to get your car repaired? The Ohio Court of Claims will determine whether or not you will be reimbursed, and if the decision is in your favor, you get payment within six to eight weeks of the judgment. As noted, the High Department of Transportation only maintains the interstate route and state and federal routs outside of municipalities, so you'll need to call your local authorities for local streets, county roads, and township roads. So pivoting over to Cincinnati, here you go and make use of this and see what happens. I'd love to find out if they actually respond to your complaints. It's three one one one sinceywy dot com, three one one since since he dot Com. Or call three to one one to request the pothole repair or a car damage reimbursement. They say, make sure you have your insurance damage claims ready, so report it to your insurance company that you fell into a pothole. Have that paperwork with you, and then again three one one since you with y dot com or call three one one see if you can get reimbursed in the meantime. As Fuller said, it's important to I'd love this. It's important to avoid swerving to avoid a pothole, suggesting it's dangerous for yourself and other drivers. I guess that is if you're not paying attention to the road while you're driving, knowing whether or not there's someone to your left or right when you endeavor to avoid damage to your car, which I'm betting you'll never get reimbursed for. It's also suggested that driving at or below the speed limits, she said, which can help prevent damage when you hit a pothole that you didn't see coming.
Speaker 18: Whatever reimburse I know Joe reimbursed. They claim they don't have enough money to do the road repairs.
Speaker 1: In the first instance, they got four hundred and fifty dollars of unattended just not meant, not even addressed road work. It's been building up for decades. They keep falling further and further behind. I thought the railroads said I was supposed to have money for existing infrastructure. Do they have people that are actually doing the road repair work? Seriously? Yeah, I'd love that there's someone out there who actually made a claim for reimbursement. And how did that go for you? Maybe I'm wrong, I tend to think.
Speaker 10: Of not.
Speaker 1: And speaking of having your car service, what a perfect time to mention my good friends at FORID Exchange. So for traditionally imported manufactured cars, that's where you take it Ford Exchange. While you're waiting for your reimbursement from the City of Cincinnati for the pothole you ran over Ford Exchange will fix your car for less than the dealer will charge for the same repair, so it's out of alignment. Maybe you got a rim that's looking like a pac man your frame's. Bent Ford Exchange has the experience, knowledge and the right equipment to service your European or Asian imported car. Plus they also service teslas. They're all fully trained to service your tesla now as well. I have data access to all your manufacturers technical information. They do everything including software updates and programming. And there you're You're having an as certified Master Technician worker on your car. Peace of mind knowing when you leave your car will be repaired to your satisfaction, with a full warranty on parts and service, and more money in your pocket than had you taken it to the dealer. They're also a Bosch certified business, So give them a call to schedule the appointment, and please tell me I said hi. When you call this number, you're calling the Westchester location, which is the Tylersville exit off of I seventy five East. Off of the seventy five off ramp to Tylersville, go two streets hanging right on Kinglin and you're there. So call Austin and the team and give them my regards. It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online foreign AX four in the letter.
Speaker 5: X dot com fifty five KRC takes.
Speaker 1: Time now for the h N N nine first warning weather forecast cold cold, cold, cold. I have twenty one today, cloudy overy night. We have snow moving in UH late night winter weather advisory. They safer around northern Kentucky. Low of fifteen over night high of twenty two. Tomorrow expects slick spots when you start out your day Tomorrow is to be careful in the commute because there's snow in the morning. Wednesday night's gonna be overcast. Snow will paper off Hio River is supposed to go over the flood stage low of twelve degrees and Thursday partly cloudy day with a high of twenty three. Right now fifteen degrees in time for traffic. From the U see Health tramphic center.
Speaker 9: You see Health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see help dot com. North Bend seventy five. Police are working with a cup of broken downs above seventy four before you get to Mitchell. Everybody's over on the right hand side, sath Pound seventy five. Report of an accident on the left hand side near Middletown. Chuck ing from one hundred fifty five kr SEED Talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty come up with six twenty one fifty five KRC DE Talk station. A very happy Tuesday to you five three seven, eight two three talk to fifty eight and t phones. Remember fifty five KRC dot com. You can listen to my conversation with Brian James for Monday Monday the Smither vent from yesterday. Rick Green on his new movie about his life, Spirit Works Ministry dot Org. He's a good guy and uh Susie Kahan like Swan's a story of her grandparents escape from communist controlled Czecholeislovakia. You can draw some interesting parallels with the direction our country is going and what they went through in Czechoslovakia, with well people dropping a dime on their neighbors who are not well, not thrilled with communism. Hey, thanks to all the comments on my Facebook page about this Maple syrup. It's a rather interesting thing. We tapped just two trees in our own yard, and if you even have a small yard, you got a sugar maple in it. Damn you can get a lot of sap out of that. And I am telling you it is worth every little bit of effort to tap the trees we got. I was cooking down seven or eight gallons worth of sap and ended up with one quart of maple syrup and it is absolutely amazing. God, just the flavor is just insanely good. But I got a lot of comments on that, and no, I'm still on a zero to low sugar diet. And thank you Westside Jim Keefer for calling me out about that. A good chef tastes the product before handing it off to friends and family to make sure it meets the equality standards as your reputation is on the line. So I haven't had much of it, and as I commented on Facebook, I really really really do miss pancakes and waffles and stuff like that. But it's worth it because I feel a lot better. Consider getting sugar out of your diet. You're gonna love this one. While the while the left tries to defend the indefensible. Here you go, you actually worked for this, and you know me, I love pointing it out. It's your labor that is transferred into taxpayer dollars that they steal from you or take from you. Justify it if you will, If you will, I know, we have an amendment that allows for the income tax. Nefarious though it may be dodge identified over the weekend. Ten million dollars in a world where we talk in trillions these days, and billions seem to be just like a we gloss over because I know that it's insane amounts. Remember, a billion is a thousand stacks of a million, and a trillion is a thousand stacks of a billion. So ten million dollars may not sound like a lot, but when you consider it went to Mozambique for voluntary medical mail circumcisions, how does that make you feel? Mozambique? And I bet there's a lot of listeners driving around right now or waking up and having their cup of coffee going, wait a minute, where in the hell is Mozambique anyway? But from voluntary mail mail circumcisions, moving on other projects funded by the United States, you working fourteen million dollars for quote improving public procurement in Serbia. Twenty nine million dollars for strengthening political landscape in Bangladesh. Forty seven million dollars for improving learning outcomes in No, not Baltimore, not Chicago, not anywhere. We have underperforming schools, and our children are being graduate, are receiving high school diplomas when they can't even meet minimum reading or arithmetic standards. Not here. Improving learning outcomes in Asia. Fourteen million dollars for what they call social cohesion in Mali. Nine point seven million dollars at least in state in the United States going to the University of California, Berkeley, of course, to develop quote a cohort of Cambodian youth with enterprise driven skills close quote an additional two point three million dollars for quote strengthening independent voices in Cambodia. Joey Shauque up Holiday in Cambodia from the Dead Kennedys in honor of that grant. Forty million allotted to quote gender Equality and Women Empowerment Hub. Four hundred and eighty six million dollars going to the quote Consortium for Elections and political process strengthening, including twenty two million dollars for inclusive and participatory political process in Moldova plus twenty one million dollars for voter turnout in India. How are you feeling about that? Right now? Go ahead scream at me. Tell me does is evil? Tell me this money is justified? And in so doing, please explain to me how you can justify spending money for voluntary circumcisions literally anywhere in the world, but most notably Mozambique six twenty six fifty five K see the talk station. You have an electric issue, or you want a project done in your home, you are in the best possible hands with the team at Cullen Electric Family undoperated since nineteen ninety nine eight plus with a better business bureau. Andrew Cullen, awesome guy, has assembled an awesome team of of course licensed electricians who are wonderful with customer service. They'll take great care of you and your home and do your electric projects to your complete satisfaction. Nob and tube wiring, get rid of it, get upgraded. Same thing with aluminum wiring. That's a project. That's a big one too. A small project outlet installation. Maybe some can lights. I love our canlights I always I know I say that a lot, but the before and after is just really it just it's something you don't forget. Man, this room was really really dark. I love those can lights for you. Got ten year warrant on everything they do for you. You can call them with confidence. I know they'll treat you right and the project will come off to your satisfaction and the price will be right. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Tell them, Brian said, high please.
Speaker 5: So've KRC.
Speaker 1: Jennin. First morning weather forecast is going to be a very cold day high at twenty one with cloudy skies. Got snow coming in overnight. Winter weather advisory for my friends around northern Kentucky and a low of fifteen twenty two tomorrow's high with snow early in the day possible, so warning for slick spots for your commute over Wednesday night overcasts snow will taper off the High River apparently going to go over the flood stage. Excuse me from my cur might throw a twelve degrees for the low and a partly clotty Thursday with a higher twenty three fifteen degrees right now, time for traffic. From the UCLP Tramphic Center.
Speaker 9: You see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. North Bend seventy five. Slow's a bit above seventy four. There's broken downs on the right hand side. They hit a tire that was in the right lane. Police now have the right lane block stop bound seventy five. Crews are working with an accent above Middletown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one to fifty five KRCD Talk Station, A very happy Tuesday to you. I do have local stores in front of me, but I do want to go to the phones because West Saide Jim is on the phone. West Side Jim always a pleasure to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 15: By the way, when snow's like four to five inches, sunset's not bad to drive on because all those holes and stuff get kind of filled in on the ice.
Speaker 1: For those desperate to find something positive about the winter weather, there you have it. That's about it.
Speaker 6: I got a couple of quick things.
Speaker 15: You know, when people were questioning my buying of a generator a couple of years ago. The other night my power went out for two or for an hour, not two hours, And it's awful nice to have a heat system working when the power goes out for a full hour.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 15: Nice to be nice and warm and watching cable and got he got it at two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Question, why were people criticizing you for getting a generator?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: People not knock the price.
Speaker 15: That's That's the biggest thing that I got hit on was the cost of People say, how much did you pay for that?
Speaker 1: When you're going to recoup the money out of that and all this and that. That's that's what I catch. Well, it's you know, there is value and peace of mind. I've got one and I managed. You didn't go out and get a home loan to get the generator installed. You probably had available cash on hand. You made a responsible cost benefit analysis decision and got yourself a generator.
Speaker 15: And I thought about them on the resale of the house too, Oh yeah, decided to sell it.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that I've got one. We've only had to use it once and the powers out jeezu. It was quite a few hours and it was awesome well over.
Speaker 15: Here that it goes out a lot because people seem to have a problem hitting poles, and when the poles go down, you know, it takes a while.
Speaker 6: To get a new one to back up.
Speaker 1: But yes, it is.
Speaker 15: My second subject is mcguffy has already had a short conference the other day, and my problem with her is what again should probably do today is that the residents, and this is two wrongs don't make a right. I'm on our car argue with Mississippi James, but the residence of Indian Indian Hill Jeez.
Speaker 1: Even down out here, even though no.
Speaker 15: No, no, Lincoln Heights Heights or an Evendale walking in the street with loaded shotguns and these weren't you know, eighty year old men. These were looked like they're anywhere from fifteen to twenty year old use and they they were in the street. They were definitely in the street. They were filmed on several news stations. So if you're gonna, if you're gonna go after it, and I'm not a neo Nazi supporter, trust me. But if you're going to go after the Neo Nazis for supposedly being in the street, you better go after the residence up there, or we got a real problem with that. Look looking a little fishy white. You go after one group and not the other.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess no, I understand they didn't go after the Neo Nazis, didn't issue citations and they were you know, open carry is legal in Ohio, right, and so if the residents come out and they're open carrying as well, but they're not break making any laws. And I think that's the fundamental point of this question, the fundamental point here. If there's someone breaking laws and someone wants people to be cited, I think you've got to treat people equally. If the Neo Nazis are breaking the law by walking out in the street, then you cite them. If the residents of Lincoln Heights or Evendell walking out in the street blocking traffic with their shotguns, and then you got to give them a citation.
Speaker 6: Ah, That's what my point was.
Speaker 15: And I'm not making generalization, but they were definitely in the street with the shotguns, and so if the Neo Nazis would look like on some of the film that I saw were out there with their ar fifteens in the street then, and cite them, but also cite the residents. And they were looking for trouble. There's no reason why they should have came down and walked around with a shotgun except the show force. But they were also in the street.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess on some level. I mean, I'm trying to appreciate that if I'm a resident of Lincoln Heights and if I'm a minority member, and there are people who who are advocating, you know, a philosophy that tells me that I am an inferior race and I'm not worthy of citizenship or something, then I might want to show force in response. In other words, you know, I'm here to defend my home, my my property, my body, and I too have a right to open carry. So you're messing with the wrong people in other words, But when you cross the line and you violate the law, you block traffic, you interfere with peoples going back and forth within the community, then you know you've got to take that into consideration and not engage in that type of conduct.
Speaker 15: Just trink people equally there you are that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all. I'm with you one hundred percent. Appreciate the call and the call out about eating sugar.
Speaker 3: I mention it.
Speaker 1: Love you brother, Hang in there six thirty six fifty five KRCY Detalk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two, or you talk time five fifty on AT and T phones. Another call you want to make is the Chimneycare Fireplaces. Though for you wood burners out there, you know you're getting a kreisode build up and soot and ash and all that kind of stuff accumulating on the lining of your chimney and that can catch on fire and which will crack your lining and maybe result in a chimney area a house burning down issue. And don't let that happen. That's why you have the Chimneycare Fireplaces stove to take care of your safety. And it's not just wood burners, but they have a special for wood burner. You know, gas fireplaces also can be service and inspected, and they should be carbon monoxide the silent, odorless, deadly killer. Get yourself a carbon monoxide detector and get the Chimney Care Fireplaces Stove out to inspect your system. Ask my friend sub Submarine or Mike Cribbage. Mike. Grandchildren or great grandchildren can stuff toys up the chimney and that can result in smoke building out into your home. But anyway, Instafars is wood insofar as wood burners are going. They have a winter special right now going on wood burning sweep and evaluation for just one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. Great value. They do a thorough inspection, video camera inspection, Certified chimney sweeps will sweep it out and you'll keep your home safe so you can be cozy. So book your appointment now right online Chimneycareco dot com. They have a great showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road. You can see all the things they have going on there on the website Chimneycareco dot com. Or call him up at two four eight ninety six hundred tell them Brian said Hi, Please five one three two four eight ninety six hundred again Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: What time for the nine first warning weather forecast. It's gonna be a cold day today, High twenty one, very cloudy, snow moves in late night Tonight winter weathered RISI says around northern Kentucky. You draw your own conclusion to what Channel I means by that Lowa fifteen degrees Tomorrow's high twenty two. Watch out for slick spots, got snow in the morning. Overcast guys tomorrow night with snow tapering off Ohio River. Going over the flood stage for predicting fifty three point four feet low, twelve degrees in a high twenty three on Thursday, with partly clotty skies fifteen degrees Right now, Time for a traffick update from the UCUP tramphingk Center.
Speaker 9: And you see Health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com crews continue to work with the reck sapthbound seventy five above Middletown. Weth side of a highway is blocked off. You're going to need close to an extra fifteen minutes to get by then northbound seventy five. It's broken downs above seventy four and has the right plane block chucking ram on fifty five KR see Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six five KRC Decalks station Happy Tuesday five on three se two three five five fifty one eighteen t phones over the phones we go. William's on the line, William, thanks for calling the morning show. Good to hear from you. Good morning.
Speaker 16: I am just beside myself. The news media runs out to Evandale to cover both situations when it really happened, and now yesterday Channel twelve's over there. What a drone, Jill mean? The boycott that they're going to have on Evandale? Do they think that Evendale doesn't want to have this solved and find out exactly what happens? So we're to boycott Evandale's business for what reason that?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, the Nazis if we believe they're Nazis, and there, I know there's a lot of questions swirling around that, but let's just give them their doing. Say the Nazis pick Evandale to protest, and so there's a group of organized people getting together to protest against Evandale.
Speaker 16: They from Locklan.
Speaker 1: Okay, there must be Somethingnents.
Speaker 16: Were on the news yesterday Channel twelve, and it could have been other stations, but you know, he's can only watched one at a time, and they were highlighting how they were going to bullycott Walmart, etc. They had a caravan of cars running around Evandale, beeping their horns, blocking traffic, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds illogical and unreasonable to me unless there's some fundamental, something fundamental behind the scenes that I'm not aware of that Evendelle is somehow responsible or bears responsibility because the Nazis decided to show up and use their neighborhood as a protest site. Because even Dale, I would imagine their officials have sworn an oath to the Ohio State and Constitution the United States of America, which does have a First Amendment which includes the right of idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots to speak their mind and other idiot philosophy. They can't stop that from happening.
Speaker 16: But and the thing is, they ran out there to cover it originally, which draws more attention to it. If they had never covered that, those Nazis as they called themselves, would have come and gone. But now they see building this story as if there's something there and it's a what do they call that? When it's not important, a salad or whatever they call it, a nothing burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well exactly what it is.
Speaker 16: But these people from Lachlin just don't understand they're not benefiting meanbody. They're hurting themselves that they've boycotted the businesses which had nothing.
Speaker 3: To do with what is going on.
Speaker 1: Well, I that part I agree with. And whether or not the Evendelle and and Lincoln Heights have a problem historically between each other, does hurt businesses if you choose to boycott one side or the other, And why use the businesses as a vehicle to boycott. I mean, if you got a problem with the government and government action, then you protest the elected officials there, and you show up at council meetings and voice your concerns or vote people out of office. But yeah, I agree, damaging business is bad for everyone. And I imagine it may be that some Lincoln Heights folks actually maybe work in the walmart at Evendale. That is a conceivable thought, right, oh, William. But I think ultimately behind all this, the focus on this whole thing, I think is to keep stirring this pot of racial division. And I am not aware of or perceive he's Oh, well, Thomas, you just said it different than everybody else. But you know, have you ever run into a real Nazi in your life? You ever run into a person who is that diet hard races that they truly believe in the philosophy. It's not just Nazi. I mean Nazism is, you know, the national socialism. And there are a lot of socialists out there in the world, a lot of people that believe in the imperial presidency and the dictatorial nature of the Nazi regime, national socialism, control of the means of economic production by government. Huh. Which side of the political ledger is in favor of that? Controlling the means of production, not owning it. That's communism, but just controlling it, dictatorial from the top down. We're not talking about that. We're talking in this particular case. People wave in Nazi flex but espousing white supremacy. Do you know anybody who feels that way? The answer is yes, Yeah, my permission to smack them in the face, knock some sense into them. Be careful. Six forty seven fifty five krc DE talk station. If you're suffering from pain, our thrit is pain, knee pain, hip pain, joint pain and you hate it, and you do hate it. You've been to the doctor, you've gotten the injections from the doctor, steroids, I think, is what they do, and then you've had the conversation about surgery. Well, you know there's an alternative that may help you avoid the surgical option, and that's QC Kinetics. And tens of thousands of people have gone to the QC Kinetics and gotten relief, lasting relief from the joint pain in clinic procedure. This is there's no downtime for this. They do it right there at QC Kinetics. What they do it's natural biologic treatments taking regenerative cellular it's These are regenative cellular treatments from your own body, concentrated and put right there where the pain exists. I haven't been through these treatments myself, thankfully I don't need them, but boy, before going under the knife, i'd at least do a consulting.
Speaker 7: I can.
Speaker 1: I saw a console with them, and that consultation is free. So learn more about it by calling up QC Kinetics and finding out whether these treatments are right for you. The number five one, three, eight, four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven.
Speaker 5: Zero zero one nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Your hands Jena nine weather cloudy day to day. I high twenty one, snow moving in overnight winter weather advisory for my friends and they say quote around northern Kentucky both quote low fifteen overnight. I have twenty two tomorrow. Expects some slicked spots tomorrow morning for your commute because there's some early snow predicted. Wednesday night snow will taper off Ohio River maybe one over the flood stage right now, calling for maybe fifty three point four ft. It'll be a low of twelve degrees and Thursday a partly cloudy day with a high of twenty three fifteen. Right now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 1: You see how tramphics sent you see healthy.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see how dot com preers continue to work for the reck Southbound seventy five above Middletown west Side is blocked off. Elsewhere not all that bad, including getting past broken downs northbound seventy five above seventy four.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station. It's six fifty two at fifty five kr CD talk station. It's five kr SE dot com where they get your Heart media app. Please stream the audio wherever you happen to be in Hello to my friends in other states, which I just still always find really cool that folks in other states tune in. Hello to Laura down in Florida. By the way, It's been a while since I mentioned Laura, and I hope uh, she and her s sig other doing great. And I hope cam's doing great. Cams on the phone cam. Thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Brian. Yesterday I was in the Eatingdale area. I was driving an Edendale area and uh, people as police that had one of the roads blocked off. I made a turn and there was another roadblock, and as I was waiting in traffic, a line of cars had passed by. And as they were passing, I noticed certain aspects about the cars that were driving. Uh, there was the Antifa flags. There was actually a Communist flag with the hammer and sickle. Uh, there was the other types of flags that go with that that type of milk. And I find it ironic that the same police department they're wanting to investigate it's also providing this kind of traffic control. So I'd just like to hear your comment on it. Do you have a good day, sir?
Speaker 1: All right, you too? And I guess I'm being short on facts. Cam they were they were facilitating the anti file folks or whoever you believe or perceived to be antifile or communists and blocking the regular flow of traffic. Yeah, I have a problem with that. If it was there's a licensed, organized protest that they'll advise the council of ahead of time, and they ask for special police, you know, crowd control, then that would be an organized endeavor and I would have less of a problem with it than just some random dudes going through town if the police are helping and facilitating them to get through and holding up the citizenry from getting around and doing their business. A lot of confusions swirling about all this, and I hate to speculate which Early in the program, Mississippi James called and we're both keeping our popcorn out waiting for the facts to emerge, So I don't understand it. I think everybody wants to assess, blame, and ultimately and fundamentally, it seems to be mostly that these evil forces are showing up and protesting and people don't like it. You want to stop that from happening. If they are engaging in what can be constituted as a crime, then issue citations for the criminal behaviorate them. The community wants to crack down on this because they can't stop free speed, so U use a mechanism that is at least lawful. And in the absence of a lawful legal mechanism, then you're just going to have to put up with it and maybe quit stirring the pot of division by reminding people that the Nazis showed up and just ignore them and their stupid message. Everyone else seems to do that in our day to day lives throughout the year. I mean, did anti file really help anybody out there in the world? Was it a good thing that they camped out in cities and shut down neighborhoods and drove businesses out of business? Do is I any view that as a positive? What did they actually accomplish other than to interrupt and bother people. Did their message resonate? Apparently not? Donald Trump got re elected. How about that? In the face of all this and years of protest, donald Trump won by a significant amount. So no, the message doesn't resonate. And really, quite frankly, if I may be so bold, coming about seven o'clock, it pisses people off. See that's the proper response the note, the anger from the populace at these messages. It's not a favorable, you know, side of the political equation to be on. If you're in one of those groups, you are the extreme minority. Six fifty six fifty five cars of the talk station. Steve Gooden's gonna be on seven thirty to talk about the Charter Committee seeking a full repeal of connected communities Steve at seven thirty. The meantime, we'll have more to talk about after the top of the hour, news.
Speaker 19: A full rundown, and the biggest ten lines is minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored Will Trump is absolutely breathtaking.
Speaker 19: To Glenn Beck program, you cannot keep up so fast keep up week days at nine on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven oh six fifty five garcied he talks station, A very happy Tuesday to you. Bottom they are the return of our legal expert Steve Gooden from Porter right, putting on his Charter Committee hat to discuss chart the Charter Committee ask him for a full repeal of connected communities rammed down the throats of every neighborhood in the City of Cincinnati by a city council who didn't seek input from the various communities within the city of Cincinnati. That'd be great. Steve Goodins is just wonderful. Fast forward an hour inside Scoop with Bright Barton News, the return of A. W. R. Hawkins, the Second Amendment expert, talking about the preposterous reality that the Mexican President has threatened lawsuits against gun manufacturers if we label cartels as terrorists. I just keep thinking about that as a subject matter topic. How would the Mexican president be against us helping her deal with the Mexican cartels, unless, of course she's connected with the Mexican cartels. Anyway, got to the topics to talk about with A. W. R. Hawkins. Daniel Davis deep dive on the efforts to settle the war between Russia and Ukraine, and the United Kingdom now ready to support a cease fire. You can feel free to chime in by calling five P one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or go with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Of course, last hour I pointed out that Doge which is the topic of everybody's conversation these days on the left and right. Left angry about it, of course, independent minded folks, people who think believe in fiscal responsibility, people who don't want to go to work to have their labor rated for the purposes of spending ten million dollars for voluntary medical mail circum circumcisions in Mozambique, one of like nine gajillion allocations we apparently have made. People who are concerned about the deficit that we've racked up and the interest payments we have on it, and how existential a threat it is to our country's even existence. This is one of those where do you start. Acting head of the Social Security Administration quit her job over the weekend, apparently upset about Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency trying to access sensitive government records. I think it's more about what they uncovered rather than their access to the records. Maybe she'd wanted to access the records because we find out we're paying Social Security checks to dead people. Washington Post reported three people familiar with Michelle King's departure said she's stepping down from her positions after this purported disagreement. No, probably out of embarrassment for what they revealed. Leland Dudeck was appointed by Trump to lead the agency until Frank Busignano is vetted by lawmakers to take over the position formally. So and du Deck, for his part, responded positively the doge's efforts to seek out fraud and cut costs across all the federal agencies. DOGE, I guess, did get access to some of the Social Security Administration's information, and it's frightening what they figured out. Musk went to his platform x pointing out that millions of people listened on the Social Security database are recorded as centenarians quote with the death field set to false. And apparently what that means is if it's set to false, then you don't shut it off because well, someone's one hundred and fifty years old, says, according to Social Security database are then there are the numbers of people in each age bucket with the death field set to false. Maybe twilight is real and there are there are a lot of vampires collecting so to security he's great at trolling. Bottom line, his post has a chart containing the list, pointing out more than twenty million listed with ages one hundred and higher, three point nine million aged one hundred and thirty to one hundred and thirty nine, more than three point five million aged one hundred and forty to one hundred and forty nine, and more than one point three million people one hundred and fifty to one hundred and fifty nine, the count of people aged one hundred and older on the SOCIA Security database with that prompt false, says there are more than eighty thousand people one hundred years and older. Average death age in this country is like seventy eight. So this is one of those regardless of which side of the political LEDGI you're on, And I like to keep going back to this because Republicans and Democrats, including people in Antifa and people who are die hard communists and socialists people who are Green Party members. Literally every human being in this country is somehow connected to the Social Security system. If they're employed, of course you get taxed in your check. If you're paying into the social Security system, many people are relying on it, or at least have this perception they're going to be relying on that as their sole means of income during retirement. And the Congressional Budget Office has been screaming for decades now that the system is wrecked and it's like a sinking ship. Gee, I wonder why, and you're upset that. Elon Musk says that the painful part out loud, and it's not even painful. This is something can be easily corrected. Listen if you're over and figure out just pick a random number, find out who the oldest living person in America is. Let's say they're one hundred and five, and just cut off any payment to someone who's over one hundred and five and see if they come knock and saying, where's my Social Security check? I'm one hundred and fifteen years old and I rely on this to live. Is that so difficult a task? Is this not such an obvious area for fraud? Waste? And abuse. I mean, this is the and they and the left is screaming and angry about Doughes having access to this information, where literally tens of thousands of the folks just within the irs have access to this information. Where in the hell was Michelle King and stopping this thing from from well, this from happening. Maybe that's why she quit her job, because she knew the bad news was coming. Because Elon Musk cannot be stopped. And I thought it rather comical. White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt put together a montage video footage showing former Democratic presidents plural calling for the exact same thing that Doge is doing. Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden all in the video. In the video, Obama and Biden can be seen calling for budget reform and combating government ways what Doge is doing. Quote Barack Obama, we can't sustain a system that bleeds billions of taxpayer dollars that have outlived their usefulness or exists solely for the power of politicians, lobbyists, or interest groups. I think it's funny to use the word outlive given the fact that we're just now talking about people who there's no way they can still be alive and yet maybe be receiving a Social Security check. Biden in the video when he was Vice president of the Obama administration. Americans are, in his words, entitled to accountability to make sure we're using the dollars for what we said it was for. Did anyone sign up for ten million dollars to go to circumcisions voluntary in Mozambique? Obama in the following clip. In the video, they have a montage of these like I mentioned, get We're gonna go through our federal budget line by line, eliminating these programs we don't need and ensuring that those we do need operate in a sensible, cost effective way. One of the problems that dog is uncovered. The money is handed out, but no one follows up to see if any of these programs, including the circumcisions in Mozambique, were actually performed. Ah, just give them ten million dollars. They say they're gonna do circumcisions for voluntary people who stand in alone want to get a circumcision. Just go ahead and give them money. Did that actually happen? You don't know, and our elected officials don't know. There in lies the challenge Obama wanted to get to the bottom of it. Did it happen? Apparently. In another part of the video, Obama discusses elimiting unnecessary spending, while Biden talks about his and Obama's efforts to instill an entirely new culture that every succeeding administration will hopefully follow, a culture of eradicating fraud, wasted abuse in government. Well, finally we got a president that's willing to make good of the challenges on the promises of Bill Clinton, Brock Obama, and Joe Biden. And they're pulling their hair out over it. Deb you don't mind holding for a moment. I just looked up at the clock. Sorry. I'll be right back, though, and I'll be happy to take your call as soon as I get back. And I want you to heed my strong recommendation and get in touch with John Rowman and the team at Cover Sinsey. It's amazing what they can do. And I love citing my friend Jeff because it automatically results in an email response from him with three big smiley faces. Because he is a happy man singing the praises of Cover Sinsey. Because he's got a small business, and his insurance was really expensive. Employees s griping about it because he did what most everybody else does. They just call some or follow some random insurance company. Har just work with me, have three choices and Hmoppo and that's it. No, it's not it work with Cover sinsy. He improved the rooman and the team of Cover since he improved his business is bottom line independent of insurance. But by working in a different way and viewing insurance differently, on behalf of their client this particular case, it's Jeff, he was able to save Jeff's business tens of thousands of dollars and get his employees superior medical coverage that his employees love. He went back to the well and called up John about dental as well as vision coverage. He was so happy. So get an email here in a second, so that if you're a small employer, this is just a must for you. And if you're one of those employers who doesn't have medical insurance for your employees because you find it's not affordable, oh, it is better coverage dollar one coverage for regular basic medical services you get throughout the year, and for less money. Couples like for example, get in touch with John, saving thirty to sixty percent on their medical insurance with better covers. That's because John and the team work with hundreds of insurance companies, thousands of different types of insurance policies. They put a package together tailored to the individual, and the service is free. Call them up. You'll be glad you did give them all the information you can. When you fill out the form online and coversincey dot com. They'll get right on the job and they'll get right back to you. Or ring them up five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says today, as far as weather's concerned anyway, cloudy skies. I have twenty one overnight down to fifteen degrees Winter weather advisory picking in for by friends around northern Kentucky. This snow moving is moving in the late night hours, so you got early snow tomorrow morning, and they're suspected flick spots, So watch your commute tomorrow if you'll high of twenty two tomorrow, overnight low of twelve the Higher River apparently going over the flood stage snow will taper off though. Thursday partly fotty with a high of twenty three. It's fifteen right now. Time for traffic from the uc on Traffic Center. You see healthy.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Set found seventy five crews are cleaning up an accident above Middletown.
Speaker 1: Minimal delays to get by.
Speaker 9: Now I'm getting reports of an accident outside of Middletown. That's on five Pass four at Hamilton Middletown Road. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Is that a twenty Who do you have? Krc DE talk station. Happy Tuesday. Steve Gooden at bottled the Hour Charter Committee. Steve Gooden pushing for a full repeal of connected communities. So we'll get Steve's analysis thoughtfully. It will be coming up the next segment the meantime over the phones go Deb was kind enough to hold over the break, Deb Thanks for doing so, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 20: Good morning, Thanks so much for having me. You kind of touched on it with the Mozambique story. But my question is all these checks going to one hundred and fifty year old medicare people where is that money really going? Why aren't they going to the address it gets sent to. Who's collecting that money, Who's what account is it get deposited in?
Speaker 1: No one knows. Deb At this point, no one knows. But that's the fundamental question that exists. And all those questions you just asked are generated because they apparently are still listed as alive on the Social Security database, which is an impossibility. They can't be alive.
Speaker 20: Would I get a Social Security check?
Speaker 17: It automatically goes into my banking account, It has an address, it has an IP and bank account, and well, why isn't somebody looking at the oh then taking that money?
Speaker 1: Well you have to. I think it's safe to presume that they are doing that now. I mean, the point was Musk identified that it's happening, or that these people are listed and their age block off has been blocked in some way, shape or form on the Social Security Administration's website. So I suspect that the team is now looking into where the money is actually going. And I think it's important to note whether money is actually going out. I think merely because they're still listed as alive in the Social Security database doesn't necessarily mean a check is going out. I don't know, because I don't know how the Social Security Administration works. But obviously, given the work that they're doing, the follow up questions will be asked, like, huh, let's see if we can trace this address. Let's see who this alleged one hundred and fifty year old person is. If it is reflected that they are receiving money from the Social Security Administration, then we're going to go knock on a few doors. You got to wait for that. That's a long process. Given that he found twenty million people over the age of one hundred, that's a lot of work to do.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we'll see how expensive that house is they're living in.
Speaker 1: Interesting absolutely hell, who knows. Maybe they're going to Nancy Pelosi's pocket. She's one hundred and fifty agency. Hey, I had to go there. Thank you dev for the opportunity to get me to go there. Have a wonderful day. Appreciate you tuning into the morning show. Let us see here I can give you one more US Department of Education announced yesterday, it's terminating six hundred million in grants for teacher training programs, including what one is called dismantling racial bias and another one centering equity in the classroom. While our children fail no longer capable of doing mathematics or reading at any grade level and being issued a collor a high school deploy after failing basic standardized testing for years and years. This is where the money is going. And apparently this is what our children being taught, taught in lieu of reading and mathematics, in lieu of critical thinking skills, which might cause some to reject some of the theories that they're pushing down our children's throats. Cancel grants went to institutions and let's read this word non profits using the taxpayer funds too. In their words, trained teachers and education agencies divisive ideologies. Some of the trading materials were on far left topics like critical race theory, d EI those words or letters again, social justice activism, instructions on white privilege and white supremacy. See, you got to feed it into the minds of young people. They look around, and you know, I grew up in a world and I perceived it to be racially diverse and open and welcome to people. You know, sort of Martin Luther King's content of character not color of skin kind of thing. You didn't approach someone and immediately draw a conclusion about who they are or what they're all about merely based upon how they look. You met them and interacted with them, and then decided whether they were a jerk or not. But if you go to school and they teach you that the world is lopsided against you, they're all out to get you, then of course you're going to look to the government for a solution. Fifty five K Steve Talk Station, Jim apologize out of time, going to get to Steve Good in the next segment. It's going to be an interesting conversation about the Connected Communities program by First for kitchen remodeling Prestige Interiors. You don't have to like the tile that we selected, have the nerve to criticize my tile selection and mind my wife's tile selection. When I boast a picture of the maple syrup on the stove, No it's not pretty much. It's real quick tile. But we had John Ryan of Pressedese Interiors install that because we personally selected the color and we love it reminds us of that ice cream parlor at Union Terminal. We think it's awesome. We're our whole house is kind of mission style turned nineteenth century nineteen ten kind of look because we wanted it that way. You want your kitchen differently, then you put a different tile in. John will bring around about your kitchen remodeling project to your satisfaction and with design elements that you want. He'll also offer you wonderful solutions for storage and flow. Got your whole kitchen, replace it from the start, He'll do that, or maybe just replace cabinets and countertops. He can do that too. He's really a great guy, really sweet guy, easy to work with, wonderful ideas. He's been doing kitchens almost exclusively for like thirty five years. He enjoys an A plus with a better business bureau. So call him up. You'll be happy you did. You can check check out his website. Pressed Ees Interier's website is Prestige one two three dot com. Prestige one two three dot com his phone number and tell him. Brian said, Hi, we dude, it's five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five car the talk station chen and nine weather toot these guys today high twenty one overnight snow moves in winter weather advisory from my friends around northern Kentucky. Whatever that means. Fifteen for the low twenty two to the high. Tomorrow is early snow possible, so watch for the slick spots on your commute. Overcast Wednesday night snow will taper off. Ohio River going over flood stage of predicting a low of twelve degrees and a high twenty three on Thursday with partley clotty skies fifteen. Right now, let's get an update on traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u S health dot com. Southbound seventy five break lights through walkrun northbound seventy five slow go from before Buttermilk into the cut. There's a wreck on Bypass four at Hamilton, Middletown and kell August underwater near Sutton thanks to the rising river. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty right now, if you have KRCD talk station, it is a very happy Tuesday. We got the inside scoop with Bright Bart News coming up at eight oh five with aw Or Hawkins, the Second Amendment expert Dania Davis Deep Dive one hour from now on the efforts on Trump administration to solve the war between Russian Ukraine and right now from the law firm of Porter Wright, excellent lawyers. They are our legal expert and consultants. Steve Good and welcome back to the Morning show, my friend. It's always a real pleasure having you on the show. Good morning, sir. So you have your Charter Committee hat on.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: We're talking about some bad laws that the city has passed recently here and I've been very honored to serve as the chairman and convener of our one hundred year old Charter Party, the third party here in Cincinnati, and we've got some real issues with a major zoning reform that the city just passed. And I put reform in quotation marks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw your at least I cognitively felt your your quote sign with your fingers when you said that. Now, this so called reform the Connected Communities zoning legislation. Remind my listeners before we start talking about why the Charter Committee wants to repeal it, but remind my listeners what connected communities is.
Speaker 7: Well, it's uh, it is a kind of progressive fever dream of zoning reform that will is really kind of a war on single family homeowners. We've been calling it disconnected communities. I know that's an easy kind of joke to make, but you know you'll win. You win basketball games with layups and we'll make the joke. So disconnected communities is this sort of concept that the city came up with that we need more density, which I think everyone agrees with. I mean, I think that we need more taxpayers, we need more people living in the city. It's how you go about it that is the problem. So we have these new rabid transit bus lines that will be coming on through much of the city in the coming year, running all the major corridors such as up through Clifton Avenue, Hamilton Avenue, at the Reading Road corridor, through almost the entire city, most of the West Side. And the idea here is that there will be basically no zoning requirements at all within four blocks of either side of these gigantic bus lines, which will encompass most of the city. No height requirements, no parking requirements, no garages, no anything. And the idea is to encourage multifamily kind of middle housing, lower end multi family construction.
Speaker 1: So the practical effect.
Speaker 7: Of this will be out of town developers, private equity developers which are coming into the area in droves anyway, buying up single family houses, knocking them down for profit, and then putting in twelve to fourteen unit in apartment complex is right in the family areas, so it would in theory, I guess, increased density. The idea is, you want these folks who to live in the apartments along these bus lines.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to.
Speaker 7: Encourage people to ride the bus and so forth, but it totally disrespects existing homeowners. It just disrespects the historic character in the neighborhoods. There are no requirements whatsoever that these new apartment complexes even fit in with the neighborhoods. And what we're already seeing in a handful of neighborhoods, like a lot of College Hill area, we're seeing we're seeing a kind of pre connected communities. Version of this happened in Hyde Park Square, where the neighbors are looking at this and saying, you know, we moved here and bought these houses and invested a significant amount of our resources and savings into our homes. We're raising our families here, and now you're building these modern things with no parking, adding to congestion and totally changing the way our neighborhood works and looks, and we don't want it.
Speaker 3: And you know, this is one of these.
Speaker 7: It was passed over the objection of almost every community can council in the city. It kind of unites people from Avondale to North Avondale to Price Hill to Clifton to Hyde Park, Democrat, Republican, everybody in between. We're saying we don't want this. The city council passed it over everyone's objection, and we think it's going to be the hottest political issue this fall going into the races. It's a uniquely local issue. It's a local screw up. It's something that cuts across all party lines, and it's a great classic Charter third party issue for us because it goes to transparency, consent of the governed, and just really it's the idea of zoning is not a particularly sexy issue, but let me tell you it is motivating people across the city right now. It is horrible news. If you're a homeowner.
Speaker 1: Well, I have several questions for you. We're coming up against the break here, so I'm going to pause and I will bring you back to ask those questions and talk a little bit more about this and whether or not there might be ah, I don't know legal challenges to the whole thing seven thirty five right now, Steve Gooden, first word for and no, it won't get rid of the stench of politics brought about by that Connected Communities program, but it will get rid of the odors that you're dealing with in your world. Smoke, mold, mildew, human oders, pet oders, food oders, whatever. The odor odor exit has a product product to eliminate it, natural products, that's several of them. You literally can rub the odor exit concentrate on your dog, which I've done before. Liam Man. I'm telling you sometimes he rolls around his stuff in the back of everybody's like, don't even know what I want to know what it is, but it's impossible to get rid of. But odo exit comes out. The smell is gone, all natural ingredients. It just works great. It is a locally owned and operated company. They make these products right here in the city of Cincinnati, and congratulations on twenty five years in business to my friends at odor Exit to learn more about the products. They come with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantees, so you know they're going to work. If you don't get your money back, Order them online before three pm and you'll have it on your front porch tomorrow overnight delivery, or buy it today by using the search engine on the oto exit web page. O d o r Xit no eotorrexit dot com works on everything except the stench of politics.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Steve Perrin's coordinated.
Speaker 1: Fine Jennini weatherboecast. Cloudy skuys today with the high twenty one overnight a little fifteen with the snow coming in late night early snow tomorrow morning, so please watch out for slick spots on the Connue twenty two for the high tomorrow down to twelve overnight. Snow will taper off the Ohio River. Me well go beyond the floodstage right now the predicting fifty three point four feet. Thursday is going to be a partly cloudy day with a high of twenty three. It's fifteen right now and it is traffic time.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Tramphic Center, you see health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u S health dot com. Southbound seventy five break lights through walkrun northbound seventy five slow go from before buttermilk into the cut. There's a wreck on I transfer at Hambleton, Middletown and kell auguets underwater near Sutton thanks to the rising river. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc DE Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc DE talk Station, A very happy Tuesday to you. Love talking with Steve Gooden about matters legal and of course, in this particular case, UH the City of Cincinnati ramming this connected community zoning legislation down the throats of every community in the City of Cincinnati for denser housing, no parking, but on a bus line. And that's the first question, Steve. You predicated this whole rezoning of all the communities on the idea, it's going to have this particular bus route going through it, so the folks in these dense housing projects will have ability to take that bus because it is on the bus route. Now is that to suggest, all right, I'm curious to know if down the road they expand these bus routes, would that then expand the connected commun Unities program.
Speaker 7: Well, absolutely, it could happen that way. And I mean, you know, the bus lines are being expanded, you know, as they are. I mean the current plan is to add these sort of rapid transit buses, these bigger buses, the so called articulated ones that are kind of double buses and have the sort of rubberized thing in the middle. So I mean they're already expanding, and that's part of the idea here. But I think that's also one of the great failings of this concept, which it just assumes that people who are going to move into these houses are going to ride the bus forever. I mean, we know from other cities that have tried similar schemes out of the Northwest that people are aspirational, they want they want cars. I mean, cars are accessed so much more economic opportunities for people. They allow you to look at different kinds of jobs, and people aren't going to stop wanting cars. So even if you're in a part of your life where you're going to want to live in one of these again market rate but lower end sort of houses, our apartment buildings and live near a bus line of riding the bus, you might you're going to want to car some day, You're going to want to grow into that. It kind of takes away the whole economic mode of people have of working.
Speaker 1: Well, now does market forces are going to work? Steve Gooden and you know, at least up until very very recently, the price of real estate has been going through the roof for a variety of reasons. But Hyde Park, let's use that as an illustration, because they're kind of waging a nimby sort of challenge of this coming to Hyde Park is allegedly tear down some historic homes in order to build these dense housing. But if you're going to be able to live in hyde Park Square, that doesn't necessarily that doesn't mean that the place that they're building isn't going to be really comparatively outrageously expensive.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: I mean it's a market intervention that is just not well thought out. And look, I mean the big pushback that we're getting, you know, from city hall, it is like, yeah, this is an mbyism. I've been told it's classism, racism. Uh, even though you know, so there's this assumption, I guess that people of color will be buying these, and I think that's a false assumption. But our coalition that are opposed, that is opposing this thing is very diverse neighbor because all over the city people weighing in from you know, a black, white otherwise. And if you're a black person for instance, who has actually you know, done what everyone's been telling you for generations to build generational wealth and actually invest in a home and save up the money and get a down payment and buy a house. This is particularly bad news because you know, you you now are having these things that are going to affect your property values, these apartment buildings built right next to you in your single family area. But no, you're absolutely right. There's no guarantee that they won't be priced up like crazy. And some of these kind of higher end neighborhoods, I mean, there is a is an attempted market intervention that is just going to empower lower end development that may not end up staying low end.
Speaker 1: Uh, we don't know.
Speaker 7: And it just assumes that nobody will ever aspire to anything different or better, that they'll be happy to come into these small apartment complexes with no cars and ride the bus forever. I mean, that's not how human being exact, not in a capitalistic society such as ours.
Speaker 1: Well, and I mean I obviously agree with that point. If you own a home and they're going to build a multi unit facility right next to it, your property is going to deteriorate in value, especially if it doesn't have any parking there. So there's that component. But this whole idea, if you build it, they will come, is that even a safe assumption. I mean, are you going to move into the city of Cincinnati, for example, you are going to be paying a high tax. That's I mean, that's one of the reasons people move out of the city of Cincinnati. You got that city tax, which funds a general fund, and you don't have to pay that if you live in other communities sometimes. I so I wouldn't think that it's necessarily going to be a draw for the city of Cincinnati just because there's more available housing. And then the second point on that is how much are they really thinking is going to be built, how much additional population will they be bringing, How many units do they think are actually going to be completed. Well, they don't know.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you the one thing that they do know, and that does bother that bothers us at Charter and bothers me particularly, is that we do know that this area, because it is there is sort of there is a legit housing crunch. I think in the cities Cincinnati that's real in part from the reasons you've mentioned. You know, their downtown's doing great, over the Rhinees doing great. The rest of our neighborhoods, you know, are struggling on the services aspect. So it's high tax, is poor services. I'm sitting here looking at snow out my window here at nan Clifton right now, and the slowly moving traffic. I mean that these are all the traditional reasons that it's hard to bring people into the city sometimes. But all that being said that we do know that this is a hot market for private equity, out of town folks looking to do multifamilies and this truly empowers them. And we know that out of town landlords tend to be bad landlords. They tend not to take care of their property. And that's exactly what we're concerned about, is a bunch of private equity folks coming in buying up some single family housing, getting heavily into this market. They don't perform, they pull out, and then we have co enforcement issues empty properties. Or the flip side is you're going to have people rushing into certain neighborhoods where they're built thinking they're getting a bargain and really ending up with a kind of lousy product and not being happy with it, or if.
Speaker 1: They bid up.
Speaker 7: I mean, either way, it's a market intervention that is extremely ill conceived. No one knows what's going to happen other than what we've seen in other cities, which is private equity coming in on the cheap and picking up properties this way. We have so many other ways we can improve density, including doing what Columbus has done, which is leverage its public utilities to annex nearby communities.
Speaker 1: We could do.
Speaker 7: We could also address the many the thousands of vacant homes that are still hanging around at different parts of the city thanks to the housing bubble from two thousand and eight two thousand and nine, we could actually go after those out of town banks that own those properties and try to return those to productivites. There are so many other things we could do rather than screw around with our main historic neighborhoods. The great thing about the cities we have these historic neighborhoods at Hyde Park, Clifton, Price Ll East Price Hill. They have a distinct character and that's what drives people there, and messing with that seems like the last thing you'd want to do well.
Speaker 1: And also, I mean, let's just face it, Steve, it seems to me if they paid closer attention to maintaining the roads and infrastructure, the communities might be more desirable for folks to want to invest in. I mean, I mean, there's so many roads in the city that are just it's like from Goz I mentioned all the time in the context, like Sunset my favorite road to pick on, but that's been a mess for years and years and years. But if you improve, it's like fixing the broken windows. Crime goes down in neighborhoods that look like they're being cared for and there are many neighborhoods that have been completely overlooked and neglected for years.
Speaker 7: Absolutely right. I mean, look, we've got there's a basic services problem, there's a crime component problem here, you know, and there's also an economic development problem. I mean, you know, the city really has got has got to get if they want to grow, they've got to get back into the business and trying to lure jobs here, manufacturing jobs. There's still plenty of commercial land to develop within the City of Cincinnati. And rather than putting the energy here into like screwing around with these kind of you know, attempt at interventions in the housing market, really to encourage public transit. All the millions of dollars and thousands of dollars of staff time that have been spent like screwing around with this scheme, I got if that had been put into some sort of economic real economic development activity to try to develop some of the areas, particularly along with Paddock Row Corridor in the city, and actually get some jobs for people, entry level jobs, and to try to bring some manufacturing back in the city, then we'd have something. I mean, then you'd have some density. Uh, but that doesn't seem to be where anybody's attention as d Well, it's it's overthought, it's this bad policy, and the neighborhoods just don't want it. It's a total failure of civic engagement. People were saying across the city, please don't do this, and they and they did it anyway. It became sort of like a progressive litmus test at city hall.
Speaker 1: Well, since you're an excellent litigation attorney, Porterwright dot com say, read Steve, any potential for litigation to try to stop this.
Speaker 7: You know at this point likely not. I mean we've looked at that, frankly. I mean, there are folks who were looking at an initiative, a petition drive to put it on the ballot this fall, and I don't know that that's going to happen. There is there are some thoughts that people, you know, particularly once this begins in earnest, that it could trigger a property rights bace challenge. Say basically like, hey, look, I own my house, particularly I own my house outright, and you guys are affecting the value here of it. But it's really really hard to sue cities from property loss. I mean you have to show of bad faith and arbitrary capricious acts. So it's a difficult thing to do, but we think what really what the practical effect of this is. It's going to be a very very hot political issue, this wall, and I think you're going to see quite a few candidates coming out trying to repeal it. What's interesting to me is that the city, or at least some of the council members that held a town hall over the weekend and they're turning to they know they've got a problem. The sponsor of this, you know, Reggie Harris left his council seat and went to d C ironically to work on housing policy and the Biden administration, so you know he's no longer going to have to face the political consequences of this. And we know some of the other council members are trying to amend the thing that you know, our group is basically saying, look, it's got to.
Speaker 3: Be repealed outright, we need to start all over.
Speaker 7: We needed a totally different discussion and a more realistic discussion about what we need to do to grow the city, rather than this sort of scheme to kind of infill it with the lower end Department of Buildings.
Speaker 3: With no parking.
Speaker 7: I think just the neighborhoods do not want.
Speaker 1: Steve Gooden, I cannot thank you enough for explaining this in great detail and easily understandable words for my listening audience and me. You're good man, Steve, and I appreciate the time that you offer to my listeners in the morning show. We'll have you on again real soon.
Speaker 7: You are much too kind. Brian, thank you for paying attention to this issue.
Speaker 1: Oh, I appreciate your efforts on behalf of all the communities in the city of Cincinnati. It's seven to fifty right now, fifty five Krcity Talk station. You know, imaging can be affordable if you go to affordable imaging services, not the hospital imaging department where you're going to pay oh maybe thirty five hundred dollars or even more for an echo cardiogram. Affordable Imaging Services five hundred bucks if you don't get an enhancement eight hundred dollars. With an enhancement. Echo cardiograms at the hospital and other facilities, they schedule weeks and maybe even months out. They can take you right now. Call Affordable Imaging Services and don't take a chance on waiting for a long time. They have the flexibility to get you in asap MRIs thirty five hundred dollars at a hospital. No, how about four hundred and ninety five dollars at affordable imaging services. Whether it's a ct SCAM, ultrasound, lung screen, or cardiac scoring, it's always going to be a hell of a lot less money to affordable imaging services. Now, don't expect high overhead. It's very low overhead, which allows them to pass along that savings to you. Out of pocket liability, you know what you're facing, So don't go down that road and empty your check checking account. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. They've been at this for more than forty years, using the same kind of equipment at the hospital imaging department five to one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand Online Learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 19: Fifty five KRC dot com, Ozampic plus, Movement plus Diet The youngest.
Speaker 5: Voters Trump fifty three percent favorable.
Speaker 19: Now play Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRC the talkstation.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five fifty five Krcdtalk Station, Happy Tuesday always made happier because today, at this moment in time, it's a time we get the inside scoop from bright bart News, which I always start out by encouraging my listeners to book mark the site and check it out what they've got there. Breitbart br e I t BA RT dot com, where you can read Second Amendment musings of my guests today. Welcome back, man aw R. Hawkins. It's always great having you on the show, my gun toting buddy, so great to be with you. And what is this? I'm sorry, I'm going to call it out loud batcrap insanity. We want to get rid of the cartels, the Mexican drug cartels. They're dangerous. They murder people all the time, they kill politicians, they kill mayors, They traffic in human beings and drugs and everything else. So the Mexican president is threatening more lawsuits against US gun manufacturers if we designate them as terror groups. What in the hell kind of sense does this make? I know it doesn't albr but what's your take on this insanity?
Speaker 13: Well, I'll be honest. I talked to a friend of mine from a former three letter agency. That's all I'll say. And I said, you know, what is the Mexican president's take on this? To take this position, He said, she has no other option. He said, she's probably scared that her life's in danger.
Speaker 1: Just say that, puppy, and that.
Speaker 13: Makes it make sense. Even though it's still crazy, I agree with every word you said. It's still crazy, but I think I think it's a situation. We actually saw it in Iraq. If you think about it, there were people who were scared to death that under George W. Bush when we went in Iraq, we were going to do the same thing we did under H. W. We were going to get in there and get close and then leaves the Domond Pyre and he was going to get recribution on everybody. And I think we're in that very same situation where they're nervous there's gonna be all this talk about the cartel and then no one's really gonna get rid of them. But see, they don't know Donald Trump. He really has a plan to get rid of them. So it's going to be amazing what we see over the next couple of months or year. It's gonna be amazing what we see down there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm hoping that they can make some rods because if and I suspect you're right, your friend, and what I'm gonna guess is the CIA is probably right that her life is in jeopardy if she doesn't do something to try to stop this designation, because the cartels then know something really might happen to them. And I get that position, because you know a week doesn't go by where thus drug cartels don't knock off some local politician rallying for reform and put in trying to put a stop to them. It's almost like signing a death warrant you when you utter something against the cartels. There. I would think every politician, every individual, including the president on down, would welcome us helping them out with this tragedy that's befall in their country, right Yeah.
Speaker 13: And I think it goes back to like I was saying about the Iraq situation. We've had myriad presidents that were given lip service to helping do this and helping do that.
Speaker 1: And I think Trump is that rare He is that rare breed.
Speaker 13: I don't think he is. You mean, if you look at him, is the left up the nots right now? They're up in knots because he's doing literally every single thing he said he would do, and that's a rare breed in the political sector. And so if we do sense special forces in there or other units in there to take care of the carteil, I believe are people outside of our country even are going to look at Trump in a different light and be like this guy right here, he's.
Speaker 1: Good, he's a man of his word. Well, there is no question about that, and we're just talking about political engagement. I think it's probably going to result this what's going on, like most notably with Doge identifying all the insanity of where our money is going out into the world and these ridiculous programs that's funding. It's going to create more people interested in accountability in government, and I think that's a beautiful thing. But he is delivering on a promise that even Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden all independently made talking about trying to ferret out fraud, waste, and abuse. At least he's delivering on that. And when these kind of thing is identify, we find out we're spending ten million dollars to give I don't know, Guatemalan circumcisions like wait, a second. I'm going to work for this. It causes outrage right as as it should.
Speaker 13: And I believe I think I tweeted about it yesterday or put it on X but what were realizing? And you already knew it, Brian, and your listeners knew it, but some folks hadn't figured it out yet now they are. What we have is a situation where for decades, not for days or months, but for decades, Democrats have surrounded themselves by layer upon layer of bureaucrats, and those bureaucrats they blocked the view and so no one can see how that money's being spent, how it's being laundered, how all of these things are being misappropriated. And so what Eli's doing is he's come in there and he's he's cutting those beercrats out of the way. And all of a sudden, as you say, in million dollars here, six million dollars on sushi.
Speaker 1: There all of this money, and I'm thinking, wow, I.
Speaker 13: Had to take an extension on my taxes last year just so I could get it close enough that I could handle the pay it. That's how the working man is thinking, and the reason a working man is in that situation is because the Democrats have been blowing his money on their trips and on their appropriations misappropriations to keep their friends groups happy and everything else every leftist theory.
Speaker 1: And idea in the world.
Speaker 13: They've been blowing American taxpayer dollars on it to keep their fringe groups happy and elon shining a light on it.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, and then I think the sort of the elephant in the room on all of that is, Okay, you spend forty seven million dollars for improving and I'm quoting this improving learning outcomes in Asia. Thank you for bright Bart's Olivia Rhondai reporting. Are they even checking into whether that money went to what it was going for and whether improving learning outcomes actually was achieved in Asia? No, they don't. They just issue the check. AWR. Hawkins. Let's get back it. Let's get back to the Second Amendment.
Speaker 13: I mean, I'm just telling you I said here, I'm dazed.
Speaker 1: I'm amazed. I'm dazed and amazed when we talk about this because people are so mad at Trump.
Speaker 3: You're not, I'm not.
Speaker 13: Your listeners are not. The people that voted for Trump are not. And a lot of people who act like they're mad, are not really mad. But all he's doing when you think about it, Brian, he came in here. He's doing what he would have done for any of his construction businesses. He's saying, Okay, we're going to do a financial audit. Let's see how we spent money over the last decade, and let's do inventory. Yeah, let's see if we got what we spent money on.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 13: He's not nothing fancier than that. But that has not been done for probably half a century or more. And the Democrats are getting exposed.
Speaker 1: Yes they are, and they it's indefensible that they are trying to defend It is almost comical. I feel embarrassed for them on a certain level. But that's okay. It's work and it's bearing fruit, all right. Kicking over to the GOP representative introducing a bill to bar credit cards from tracking gun sales. You know, aw Or, this is one of the reasons why I try to avoid using credit cards at all, because listen, if I can prevent anyone, any entity out there in the world from tracking what I'm doing, I'm gonna take a step to do it. Not that I'm really trying to hide it. It's just that I find it fun to deprive them of information. But the idea that our credit cards would be used to track gun sales, and you and I both know exactly why they might want to do that. Do you think this is gonna uh, this is gonna make it through? Well, I think all of this has a great chance of making it through.
Speaker 13: When I say all of it, what I mean is I see more pro gun legislation right now than I have at any point in my sixteen years riding at Bridbart And you know, as you know, I track this stuff all day over today I wake up sometimes two in the morning and start working it too to be sure haven't missed anything. And I've never seen this much progum legis And every bit of it has a chance because we have firebrands in the House, the Republicans in the House are ready to go. We have we have people like the new Montana senator, We have people in the Senate who are ready to go. Of course, Trump is on board, and so I believe this all has a chance. But we have to do everything we can to keep the government from tracking and and you said, well, I'm not trying to hide anything I'm not countering you when I say this, I'm not counting you, but maybe I am. And I don't mean I'm hiding illegal action. I just mean it's none of their business, right, it's none of their business. Do I own one ar or do I own fifty?
Speaker 1: Guess what?
Speaker 13: It's none of their business. Am I more dangerous if I own fifty?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 13: Because I'm a law abidy cid and you got hands none of their business, you'll have two hands.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you all day long. Listen my most recent fire and acquisition, Happy Merry Christmas to me. My wife was hounding me about what I wanted for Christmas, and we're like, we don't need anything. We buy whatever we need throughout the year. So the third time she asked me, I said, I want a Marlin lever Action forty five seventy And she's like, what, guess what? I bought myself and paid cash with Marlin forty five seventy. Yes, I'll poke my eye out at my kids. Got me a compass for the compass for the stock. Can I tell you something? Yeah, real quick? You and I have never spoken about this, never, not all fair, not on there. My favorite round of all time, hands down period. Oh that's awesome. Oh that's amazing. I'm glad I lever Action you. If you can't kill it with that, I know you're the worst shot that ever lived, ever live. That is so true. And a Marlin, and now, Marlin's a great gun.
Speaker 13: I shoot a lot of Henry's, but I'm gonna tell you the accuracy of a Marlin is incredible. And uh, I fell in love with that Marlin watching the movie wind River. I don't know if you remember that from about five years ago. Took place in Montana, and the guy who was the good guy chasing the bad guys. Instead of having an ar or whatever like it's so popular movies, he had a lever Action Marlin and it was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of a gun. I got the one with a Magpool furniture on it, so it's it's a it's a real uh, it's a real sweet gun. And uh, my first time out of the range. I did a really really good group on it too. I actually shocked myself. It's got the ghost ring ghost ring site. So anyhow, sorry, I I'm glad I brought it up just to know that you and I see eye to eye on that route, because it's a hell of a round. Anyway, I used to live in Illinois and I see a circuit court judge there struck down that stupid fo I D Card that you had to have before you could own a firearm. When we lived in Chicago, I didn't even realize that was on the books. And I went to a store to buy a shotgun and she looked at me like I was out of my mind, Like you think you're just gonna walk out of here with a shotgun today? Do you have your FOI D Card to start the process? It was like, what the hell's that? Well, they're getting rid of it. Well, what he's doing.
Speaker 13: He blocked it only as it applies to having a gun in the home. And so what he's saying this individual had a gun in the home and police were called because they allegedly fired a shot. Now they said they didn't fire shot, but that's not what matters. What matters is the gun was discovered in the home. The individual said they had to go for the gun in self defense. And anyway, so the judge says, look if you look at the Heller ruling, and that's two thousand and eight US Supreme Court. The Heller ruling makes clear that that the Second Amendment covers having a gun in the home.
Speaker 1: For self defense.
Speaker 13: So look, you can't put a requirement between the individual American and having that gun and the foid card.
Speaker 1: The judged you that as a requirement. So he said no.
Speaker 13: I said, no, go, you can't do that. And so it's only a matter of Tom Brian if that judgment stands, and I'm sure Illinois will appeal at Illinois is a bunch of leftist hacks. But if that ruly stands, it's only a matter of time till that same mentality goes.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 13: Heller said this in two thousand and eight, Bruin said this in twenty twenty two, and the whole Foyd card deal will be gone, period.
Speaker 1: So we're going in the right direction.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just so sad that, you know, a weapon for home defense, that they actually went after her and prosecuted her for not having a stupid Floyd card. I mean, that's that's so sad. She had a lawyer up spent four hundred dollars plus an hour on a lawyer to defend her in this case on something that was so obviously unconstitutional. After that decision, I don't know. I just I weep for someone who had to be putting that in that position.
Speaker 13: Well, it's like the mother I covered this week who shot at three armed intruders with a baby on her hip. She had to shoot, and she was able to ruin one of them, but they hit her twice. She got her five month old baby on her hip the whole time, And when after my bridebarts before we went up, I grabbed it and retweeted it, and I made the comment, it's the same thing you're saying right now. If the Left had had their way, that mother with that baby, her only line of defense would have been calling police that if they had had their way, that'd be it. And we both know how it would have ended if that was her only line of defense. I have to tell you and use these people on the left. Fortunately their size and power has greatly diminished, but they're still dumb, they're still they're still.
Speaker 1: Rabid, and uh, we have to keep rolling.
Speaker 13: We haven't beat them enough yet, and uh, as long as they're making noise, we haven't beat them enough.
Speaker 1: So we need to keep winning elections. Well, aw R, since I knew you were coming to the program this morning. I saw your article from yesterday. Uh, juvenile retrieves handgun shoots two alleged armed intruders dead. These idiots broke into the kid's house, so you grabbed one of the firearms there, and uh, they will successfully shot both of them. I thought that was pretty amazing. But you know what, that's why you have have a firearm. It's the great equalizer. You can be a small child and if you know how to use one, you can defend yourself and your family from a fifty one year old and a forty four year old who kicked in the front door of your home with the intent of robbing your home. Right.
Speaker 13: And that's also why I'm just gonna put it on. If you're a gun only parent, you take your kids out and you teach them. You show them how that gun works. Break it down. Let's break it down. Now, put it back together. Now, let's break it down. Let's clean it. Now, put it back together. Now, let's shoot it. Let's load it, let's shoot it. You do all those rudimentary, mundane things over and over again, and that way you're at the grocery and your daughter is home alone and two guys break in. Guess who's at a disadvantage the two guys.
Speaker 7: You know it.
Speaker 1: That's how it'supposed to work, you know it, and pretty much on par with the way I raise my children. Hey W. R. Hawkins, my dear Fred and fellow forty five seventy enthusiasts. Love having you on the show. Keep up the great work. I'll look forward to someday getting on the range with you, my friend, and in the meantime, just happy enough to have you on the program. Keep up the great work at Breitbart. Thank you, great to be with you. Have a great day. You do the same. Stick around folks, bottom the are we get the Daniel Davis deep Dive. Before that, I want I mentioned my friends, my friend Chris Zimmer, third generation. I'm sure he's so proud of what he's been able to accomplish along with the prior to generations at Zimmer HVAC. They're excellent at what they do, and that's servicing, repairing, replacing your air conditioning and heating units. You can get on a maintenance program to extend the life of those and of course if you need a new one, it's time for a warm carrier system from my friends at Zimmer, and they work on all kinds of models, so you don't have to just limit it to the carrier. They help you out. They do great work. This customer service is absolutely superior, so it's easy to book an appointment. Go to the web page you can learn more about the company and what they do. It's go Zimmer dot com upper right hand corner. You can schedule online and even request after our service and they will take good care of you. If you're calling them up. Please tell Chris Simmer and the crew. Bryan said, Hi, five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five.
Speaker 19: KRC the talk station, Hey, are you feeling the impact of the A twenty nine Happy Tuesday?
Speaker 1: If if you have KRCD talk station, it is that time of week we do a deep dive with Daniel Davis. Find them online where your podcasts are found, The Daniel Davis Deep Dive Retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. It's always great having you on my program sir, and it's always great to be here all right. So uh, Europeans. Finally, stepping up and maybe wanting to engage in the process involving the war between Russia and Ukraine. I get this sense that up to this point they sort of kind of been sitting on the sidelines. I know, we have been the dominant resource for Ukrainian military in terms of aid UH and you, as I have gone over this many times before, it doesn't seem like it's really stopping Russian incursion, and the Ukrainians scene to be losing the battle. So now that Trump's working directly with Vladimir Putin trying to negotiate some sort of peace resolution, the European Union is now stepping up to the plate in some ways. What's the story, backstory or otherwise on this one, Daniel Davis, Well, you know, I think it's not so.
Speaker 21: Much that they're stepping up, is that they have been very content to let the Body administration in the United States, through the Biden administration, take all of the lead, because then Biden and the European Union were all in lockstep. Everybody agreed that Russia has to lose, that Ukraine has to win, and we're going to just give them all of our stuff, at least in dribs and drabs just to perpetuate the war, to keep it going, because anything to keep Russia from winning. Now in here comes Donald Trump, and suddenly the United States is taking about a forty five degree angle course change, and the rest of Europe is still on the previous course, and they don't like it very much at all, and they want to try to pull Trump back onto it. So in one hand, they're they're taking the lead only because they're trying to go back to where they were before.
Speaker 1: They don't want to change.
Speaker 21: So you have really some strange comments coming out of uk where you have Kiir Starmer, the Prime Minister, saying that they want to put troops into Ukraine as part of any kind of a deal, that they want to keep this thing going. You have the the Polish Foreign minister. It's just we cannot stop this war. We have to keep going, et cetera. Meanwhile, you have, and this is out just hours ago, you have senior Trump and Putin officials meeting in in Ryod. Right now in Saudi Arabia, you have the you're the Lavrov and some other key Russian leaders are saying the same thing. Trump is saying that this has to be negotiated between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. Everybody else can figure out what's going to happen later. And they specified that the UK and EU they specified them by name, cannot be part of this because they are wholly bent on preparing for war with Russia. Zelensky can't be a part of it because he won't acknowledge reality. Only the US and Russia. And so that's making Ukraine, European Union and others unhappy.
Speaker 1: But so far Russia and US seem to be driving the train. Okay, let me just pose a question here, I mean my entire life, Daniel, as I've been watching, you know, conflicts around the world, peace in the Middle East, and how long you've been here for that? Peace in the Middle East? Every new administration since my birth has engaged in peace in the Middle East. Now, why is it always the United States' responsibility to endeavor to negotiate peace in war torn areas? Okay, So, with that sort of background thought in mind, what would happen if we just said, you know what, we're gonna wash our hands of this European Union. You think you got it right, knock yourselves out. Well, we seem to be moving in that direction.
Speaker 21: And in fact, you had at this Munich security conference last week, you had Zelenski himself was point blank ask can the you continue to fight without the support from the United States? What would happen if you lost it? And he said, we'd lose the war. We couldn't fight without it, we couldn't continue on without it. So that tells you right there that there is the cognition on the Ukraine side that hey, without the United States.
Speaker 3: This is not going to work.
Speaker 21: You had Keir Starmer last not tell it, go on a national television between in his country and say that the European Union is ready to step up with troops for to you know, support it seasfire and all this kind of stuff, but it can't work no security guarantees without the United States.
Speaker 1: It is essential that the US.
Speaker 21: So it's not even US trying to impose ourself on people now, it's Trump trying to extricate ourselves. And I guess because of all of the decades you're talking about where that's been the case, they don't want to be able to go it alone. But here's the thing that none of these people in the European Union anyway seem willing to acknowledge that they're not. The Ukraine side and European Union don't have the capacity for Ukraine to do anything except lose more slowly.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I was just gonna say that. I mean, this is shining a light on the lack of preparedness among all the European Union countries are NATO allies. I saw a figure the other day. Germany only has what one hundred and fifty thousand people in its military or something crazy like that. Yeah, and they have no military hardware equipment anymore. They can't not only can they, I guess, not afford to give away supplies, but even if they embrace the concept of trying to support a militarily, they've got nothing to draw from. Yeah, and UK is not much different.
Speaker 21: I think it's one hundred and eighty six thousand, if I'm not mistaken, the entire active armed forces, that's not just the fighters. I think that there you might can get two combat divisions out of the entire UK military.
Speaker 1: Two divisions.
Speaker 21: That's a drop in the bucket when you're talking about a European wide war and they're talking about possibly ten to twenty five thousand UK soldiers to be patrolling this mythical seasfire line, which I don't think Russia will ever agree to, so I think that's a dead on arrival conversation anyway. But he's talking about signific shifting a significant portion of his combat forces to just be standing in the middle between two fighting forces.
Speaker 1: Which is just really strange to me. Well, I was thinking about our prior conversations and this veiled threat that oh my god, if Russia, you know, ends up winning and taking over Ukraine, it's somehow some existential threat to our NATO allies of the European Union. And you and I have talked about this before and said there's no way Russia can wage that kind of war. But with the backdrop of these very paltry, underfunded and small supplied military forces, I don't know, maybe maybe it is a legitimate.
Speaker 21: You think two things are important right now, Russia is signaling that their their conditions are and they've reiterated this from the June fourteenth line last summer.
Speaker 1: They're saying today that it's the four oblosts.
Speaker 21: The Zepparisia, Luhans, Donetsk and Kirshn, the demilitarization of Ukraine, and that has yet to be deciphered. And then and negotiation are a deal signed with a new Ukrainian leader who has passed an election. It is legitimate to be able to author a sign. That's what they're calling for. They're not saying that we want to go somewhere else and we want to attack something else. If Trump is able to agree to that, that's the end of it right there. That leaves the European Union everybody else free to provide their own national security, which, by the way, Secretary of Defense Hexas said, you guys ought to focus on Article three of the Natal Charter, which says every nation is required to provide its own national security.
Speaker 1: So Trump is moving in that direction, and I really applaud that. Okay, I guess, and I half jokingly bring this up because I have a feeling you probably agree with me that the United Nations is probably the most corrupt and incompetent entity on the planet. I may be overstating a little bit, but aren't there UN peacekeeping forces? And why do they always seem to be suspiciously absent in major conflicts? Daniel, Yeah, No, I mean, of course there are no quote you in peacekeepers. I know, they're just soldiers from other countries that wear a blue helmet, and of course they're powerless because they're only there for peacekeepers, which by definition means that there has been a peace agreement reached and the two sides have agreed that that's what's gonna happen, and then they just sit in the middle to try to make it harder for one side or the other to break it. Obviously, Russia is not even contemplating that. In fact, they said there will be no peacekeepers.
Speaker 21: That's part of what they define is the demilitarization of Ukraine, not the remilitarization by bringing Western military forces into the conflict.
Speaker 1: So they're never going to agree to it.
Speaker 21: And Russia has said if there's troops come in that are that we don't agree to under the EUN auspices, interestingly enough, then we'll consider them enemy combatants. Now we don't care what nationality are, and we'll fight them. And you had Hexcess say, if y'all do that, Europe, there's no Article five here and there won't be any American troops as well, So that's going to give an appetite suppression to Europe, I think. But I'll just tell you, Brian, overall, I think that this is just the death throws of the way things have always been in Europe, not realizing that there's you know, a new force in America coming in, going in a different direction, but they're going to have to come in line because they don't have the capacity to do what they want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wonder how much of this is being driven by the military industrial complex. You know, there's a lot of people with powerful interests and a lot of money feeding fuel fuel for the fire, and as long as that more continues to rage, then you know who's going to be making money off of it, which is a really sorry thing to contemplate. Lots of unpack on that one, Daniel Davis, but I sure appreciate your insight and your thoughts on it, and I'll always, as I always do, look forward to another discussion with you in another deep dive next Tuesday at eight thirty between now and then, best to health, my friend, see you then, looking forward to it. It's a thirty nine to fifty five KRC the talk station. Stick around. We got a little more to talk about and you can call got some time phone calls five, one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk go with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Maybe you got a different take on things. Love to hear from you.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Have you taken your family to dinner recently? One more time for the Channel nine first warning weather forecast. It's gotta be a cloudy day to day with a high up twenty one down to fifteen overnight. With a winter weather Advisor kicking in with my friends says around northern Kentucky snow moves in as well. Tomorrow early snow possible. Watch out for the slick spots when you commute twenty two for the high overnight little twelve snow tapers off and the o Higo River apparently going over flood stage. And that's what they're forecasting. And for Thursday, partly cloudy again with the high of twenty three right now fifteen degrees. Time for final traffic Shockman from the UCL Tramphics Center.
Speaker 9: You see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care and that's so personal it and makes your best tomorrow. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehow dot com. What ben for seventy one continues to run an extra twenty minutes out of Southgate into town, partly due to construction work add Thegendo the Liberty Ramp where only one lane is open. There was also an accident on the bridge in the left lane that's now clearing out of the way. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: A forty five fifty five KRCD talk station five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk hun by fifty on atat phones. You didn't hear Steve good and you went through all the reasons why that Connected Communities program that was jammed down all the neighborhoods in the city of Cincinnati is a bad idea. Putting his lawyer hat on on behalf of the Charter Committee, which is still around. You have an alternative when it comes to politics in the city Cincinnati, and Charter rights may represent a better alternative for you out there. If you're Democrats that are stuck with people who don't listen to you. You and your concerns about building dense housing in your neighborhood that's a good conversation with him. Apparently a lot more to it. I got an email from John who said, I went to the three hour Connected Community meeting Saturday the fifteenth. Todd Zinzer was there, our inspector general friend. He said a couple of takeaways that Steve. I mean, we only had a little bit amount of time with Steve. He didn't mention though, tax abatements and incentives for developers. How about that, So developers are incentivized through tax abatements to well shift the burden to the already over taxed homeowners.
Speaker 5: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: They say forty to fifty percent of people can't afford the house they live in, but they're going to shrink the tax pool to make home ownership harder. We want to give school I give vouchers the people who can't afford the housing for housing, but not failing schools. Good point made there, trying to make housing quote unquote equitable, yet the real estate taxes are not equitable. Another good point there. Just a couple more fun facts to go along with that equation. Thanks to Ed who and I don't know if this is true or not, but he said, if you noticed the addition to the US debt clock apparently now is a Doge clock in the upper left section, so you can follow the savings that DOGE is bringing about, reportedly currently at fifty billion dollars and growing, eliminating things like, oh, I don't know what was it the ten million dollars in circumcisions for people in Mozambique, and really puzzled by this one, considering our failing schools, going back to the point that he made forty seven million dollars we spent for improving learning outcomes in Asia, actually finding it difficult that he was at the DOGE and the folks that are working on ferreting out this fraud, waste and abused in government were even able to do that. Another fun fact we find out thanks to DOGE, they discovered idea dentification codes linking US Treasury payments to a budget line item suspiciously absent, which means the money that flows out was not linked to a particular program or law. Courted DOGE on a post on X the Treasury Access symbol tas Treasury Access symbol. It's an identific code identification code linking a Treasury payment to a budget line item. Standard financial process in the federal government the tas this Treasury access symbol was optional for four point seven trillion dollars in payments, often left blank, making traceability almost impossible. So as a Saturday, this is now required field. So that's one thing that Trump administration delivered on is actually creating an opportunity to follow the dollars. Can you imagine that, actually following where the dollars come out of treasury and knowing where they went mere symbol missing, That allow for more insight into where the money's actually going. So from this point forward, least under Trump administration, they've cracked down on that. It's pretty amazing when prior Yeah, what a Nazi, right, Joe, Nazi? Oh you mean, uh, standard accounting practices is is something from the National Socialist Party, Joe, just as apparently Hitler did it first, and I got a big kick out a White House Press Secretary Carolyn Lovett rolling out this video footage speaking about prior administrations, the Clinton administration, of Bob administration, Joe Biden all promising to do exactly what dog who's actually doing under the Trump administration. We can't sustain a system that bleeds billions of taxpayer dollars that have outlived their usefulness or exists solely for the power of politicians, lobbyists or interest groups. Is that from Elon Musk, Donald Trump?
Speaker 13: Maybe?
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 1: Barack Obama back when he was president and back when Biden was Vice president, he said that you and I as Americans, are in his words, entitled to accountability to make sure we're using the dollars for what we said it was for. Well, you can't do that if a Treasury department doesn't identify which specific budget line item the money is flowing out of the treasury to go pay for? Can you Why didn't you fix it when you were in that office? Sech asking Biden, why didn't he fix all the things that he did the Harrison when Harris was running for president? Why didn't you do it while you were in elected capacity? Why didn't you do it?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: How come you've spent four years spinning your wheels and not accomplishing anything. You're on the campaign trail promising to do now good questions? All Obama said, We are going to go through our federal budget line by line, eliminating these programs we don't need and ensuring that those we do need to operate in a sensible, cost effective way. Yeah, but you can't do it if the payments aren't traceable, can you? And you can't do it if there aren't resources there to figure out how it is first off, that we spent ten million dollars for voluntary mail mail circums medical mail circumcisions in Mozambique, or even follow the dollars if the money that went to Mozambique actually paid for voluntary medical mail circumcisions, which was the point of the program. I understand none of this makes any sense, and the ten million dollars is a quite literal drop in the bucket considering four point seven trillion dollars in money flows out of the federal government. But it's an important point, and it's an important thing to remember that this whole concept used to be at least by artisan Then, in spite of the fact that they didn't do anything about it when they were elected, they at least said they want accountability, they want to stop this fraud, waste, and abuse bleeding billions of taxpayer dollars. Is Barack Obama put it himself, Did he do anything about it? No, it's only gotten infinitely worse. Jay Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling up this morning.
Speaker 22: Hey, thanks Brian, real quick, so tight on time. I did some research today that says, who are the government watchdogs who ought to be tracking this money before there.
Speaker 1: Was a doge?
Speaker 22: There is a House Oversite Committee, and I said, well, when was that formed? Nineteen twenty seven? So for one hundred years we've had these elected representatives who get paid extra, kind of like Ohio's Joint Medicaid Oversight Committee, who gets paid extra to go make sure that the over the Medicaid system up in Ohio, who's last in the nation with a forty seven point seven percent rate. That's what I can't wait to see at the federal level. And I know that's Doe's focus at the federal level. What the hell have we been paying these people for? When's the accountability going to start rolling down to the people to show up sit around a conference room table down in DC or Columbus and haven't done a damn thing. Yeah, when is that accountability going to come back? And why don't they just shut these things down? Paying these people extra for doing nothing for one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got no problem with that concept. Jay none at all, but I think that's what inspector generals are supposed to do. We had Todd zinzer On here and I think he what was he the Transportation Department inspector general Joe, Yeah, I think that's what it was. But that's part of their role and their function. They get paid to do that job, and they have a staff of people who are supposed to be minding the dollars. So I suspect they're all working at home, probably playing on their sunny PlayStation or something, rather than actually accomplishing something fundamental for the American people. So at least we get something going here, at least, you know the as I pointed out a couple of times this morning, I think it's important just shedding light and these outrageous stories again drops in the federal government's budget. Spending ten million dollars is literally nothing. And I'm sure ten million dollars has been spent in just a few moments of time while I'm getting this thought out loud. But when you tell someone who's working and paying taxes that part of the labor is going for something like that, when their neighborhood may be falling apart, their roads have not been fixed or fill in the blank on literally any other thing that that individual thinks government should be accomplishing. They're not accomplishing it. We're spending these this money all over the globe for purposes that are absolutely crazy on their face, and that we don't even know we're accomplished or served some sort of good. If there is a legitimate need for voluntary medical mail circumcisions in Mozambia, I'd first liked that. Explain to me why and why are we paying for it? But did it happen? I guarantee there's not a sole in government. Even the people who are behind that particular expenditure, they don't know, They can't tell you. And that's the kind of thing that should, regardless of political stripe, kiss people off and maybe bring about some political engagement on their behalf af At five fifty five k see talk station Steve Gooden on Charter the Charter Committee representative on Connected Communities fighting back hard against that. Check out the podcast fifty five cars dot Com, The Inside Scoop with my friend AWR. Hawkins on Second Amendment issues, and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. All of fifty five k C dot Com and why you're there, get your iHeartMedia app I try. I strongly encourage you to do that. Joe Tracker good Man, thank you for producing the program as always, without you, the show don't go uh. Tune in tomorrow for Jack Atherton and Judge Ennitapoulitano, and stick around because Clembeck's coming up. News happens fast. Stay up to date.
Speaker 5: At the top of the hour, We're moving very quickly.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored