Speaker 1: All right, it's Subminded Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, and we are at Dave and Busters and Ben. I went wandering around during the break and they have a Dallas Beer Haul here where they have all these beers on tap and you just take your glass there and fill.
Speaker 2: It up as much as you want.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what, yes, really, man, there's I saw there's a human crane here.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I was thinking human centipede.
Speaker 1: No, they strap you in and then they they drop you down. You grab whatever prize you want, and then it pulls you back out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All sorts of celebrities up here. I heard Iola Johnson was here earlier. That's what I heard. Dallas Observer Host of the Year Mike Siroy in the house. I think he's got an autograph signing appearance up here today at the Dallas Beer Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Fifty bucks per autograph.
Speaker 1: Fifty bucks per autograph, and that is a good deal, I can tell you. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that seems very Mike Siroy to go ahead and plan an autograph signing on MLK Junior Day. But anyways, we would love for you guys to get on up here and hang out with us. Our Buddy Jesse from the Kimmel HR department is here. But as you know, every time at this Jesse just plat for himself. As you know every day at this time on weekdays, Ben, we do the MAVs Minute brought to you by Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. Man, they were I was watching that MAVs game earlier today and there was a lot of good commercials for Venue, not only the company that owns Sunset at mckinne Amphitheater, but also like it's publicly traded, it's like invest in the future of music. You can you can make a real estate investment in what they're doing here and then have DIBs for all the shows. Go to Sunset Texas dot com. But they even have other investment opportunities, so look into that. But man, what a disappointing day for the Dallas Mavericks to lose to the Charlotte Hornets. Because when you pull up, all right, we got a month of games without Luca, Well, at least we'll win this one, this one, and the they've lost a bunch of those games. Now, Yeah, that was a heartbreaking loss, a horrible loss for the Mavericks to lose this game and to blow the effort that Gafford gave him thirty one points, fifteen boards, seven blocks.
Speaker 2: Kyrie was nice as well.
Speaker 1: MAVs had a really hard time getting a bucket over the last five minutes and got destroyed on the three point line. And that's when, Like in the NBA, I think the lesser team can win if it's just their night and they get hot for three point range.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it's bad perimeter defense, no energy, I don't know, if they weren't attacking the point, I don't know, or maybe the other team's professional athletes were just hot.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know it's funny about that.
Speaker 1: Now. In the first half, LaMelo hit a bunch of threes, but like he didn't in the second half. He didn't even have a big scoring day, you know, by his standards.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's it's a big letdown.
Speaker 1: Popovich always says, the only thing I even look at in a box score is three point shooting, and he means it like in a bemoaning way.
Speaker 2: I hate that the.
Speaker 1: Game has come down to this, but I look at three point shooting and oftentimes I see what those numbers are, and I didn't have to look at anything else in the box score night that happened today. So if the Hornets had seventeen made threes and the MAVs had six, that's gonna be a very tough game to win. Yeah. Yeah, you either have to kill him on the glass or get a bunch of turnovers and second chance points and fast break points and things like that. So it's gonna be really weird at the end of the year when you look back and go, oh, they beat the Lakers in the thunder while losing to the Pelicans and the Hornets. That's It's just it evens out in a bad way, like they're not gaining any ground there. So they are currently if the season in today, which it will not, they are currently seventh in the West.
Speaker 3: But it is still super super Jumbles. That's a tough one to lose.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information on how to own a fire pit suite or join the Aightman Club where you might just bump into Troy Eateman because you know he's on those commercials. I'm sure he's gonna hang out at his own club, yeah for sure, And I do want to say that as we move on from this and with regard to the Cowboys coaching search or whatever, I just love listening to Troy Aikman talk about it. He doesn't kiss the ring. No, he doesn't kiss Jerry's ass. No, like he just calls it.
Speaker 2: He hates Jerry.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think he just calls it like he sees it. Yeah, but I respect that so much. You know, I shouldn't say I think he just dislikes and disrespects Jerry.
Speaker 3: I don't think he hates him.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, I think he really likes him. Yeah, especially when he got him and Jimmy together.
Speaker 3: Now Jimmy's in the.
Speaker 2: Ring of Honor, right, I just think he's being honest.
Speaker 1: He's like, Hey, until something else changes the Cowboys, just changing and hiring and firing head coaches.
Speaker 2: Isn't going to make a difference. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it shows what a good decision maker Jerry is that it took thirty years in Troy.
Speaker 1: To get involved to put the guy that won the Super Bowls in the Ring of Honor. Hey, so we have limited time in this segment, but instead of doing an actual today game with fire and off audio.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just run us through some of the highlights.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, we've got Jesse from The Kimmel Show here with us as well.
Speaker 2: Look at this go big run. Oh look at that freak.
Speaker 4: Jesus is into it. I see it over there.
Speaker 2: Yes, fired up.
Speaker 1: David Buster's crowd really really into some of the support guys on Kimmel. Yeah, okay, uh, we're not gonna play audio into a traditional Today game, but we are going to talk about some of the candidates that stand out. And I just like to throw this out there. It's National Cheese Day, Jesse. I mean, I love cheese. I fry it fed cheese.
Speaker 5: Had a place like David Busters fried cheese, Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: I went to one of those Brazilian steakhouses, you know, for like New Year's with some some other families.
Speaker 2: Smooth and that part of it's kind of they bring around.
Speaker 1: The bad meat, you know, They're like, bring did that sweaty guys, brinkle salt.
Speaker 4: I've seen that Salt Bay in real life?
Speaker 2: Have you really?
Speaker 5: It's upsetting tall small Fellaez.
Speaker 4: I'm not tall either, but I was walking by.
Speaker 5: It was a restaurant in Los Angeles and I was at a different restaurant with my family and we're leaving w to get to our car, and we just saw everyone with their phone lights on, and I saw it happen in person. It's an obscene amount of salt and in the videos, but I don't show you. It's everywhere. It's not it's in your drinks if you have a that's not part of the the memes. It's all over the place. It can't be good.
Speaker 3: It's like having a six year old daughter that gets into glitter.
Speaker 1: Exactly like you see somebody put insulation in the top of a house.
Speaker 2: It's just like.
Speaker 5: It's all over the place, like when you get up, it's falling completely out of your lap.
Speaker 3: So today is Salt Bay's birthday.
Speaker 1: Well, today is National cheese Day, not International Cheese Day, only nationals.
Speaker 2: What are the American cheeses?
Speaker 1: I think American American, Belvedo, Swiss, all the Green Bay cheese from Did you guys see here they have a Kurds No, no, no, they have a Dallas Cheese Haul and yeah, it's here. And you just take your glass and you put it under a thing and then different cheeses.
Speaker 3: He's kind of a genius idea.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'd love to get a nice glass of ricata.
Speaker 1: My son the other day was telling me my seventeen year old son, he's not really into watching TV shows.
Speaker 2: I don't know if your kids are like this at all, but.
Speaker 1: Now my kid will just don't even know what the TV is, right, And so he came to me. He goes, Dad, is Better Call Saul a good show?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: And I was like, wow, okay, I love that you're asking this. And then I start telling them about Breaking Bad. He goes, I gotta watch two shows. I'm like, well, you should go watch Breaking Bad and as well read a book.
Speaker 2: Breaking Bad debut on this day in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: Wow, he should.
Speaker 3: He's in a privileged position.
Speaker 1: He would start with Better Call if you can go in order. It's like that, that's it's kind of like the age old question for people mining Ben's age. Do you tell your kids to watch Star Wars in order? Do you have them start with episode four? But I think Better Call Saul is a little bit different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fun experience to do it that way, Yeah, it would be cool. And then watch the movie where Jesse Plemmins is just a little bit heavier than in the show.
Speaker 4: I forgot there was a movie.
Speaker 3: It's actually not terrible.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 3: Do you watch the movie after Breaking Bad?
Speaker 4: What orders?
Speaker 2: After Breaking Bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The movie picks up right when it's been what sixteen years? Jesse Jesse goes to the gate.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, my dad had on video cassette when I was probably high school age or whatever.
Speaker 3: He had and it was something they sold one on some bootleg Dang.
Speaker 1: But The Godfather and Godfather Too re edited chronologically.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 3: It was so cool.
Speaker 4: Was it multiple cassettes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like three.
Speaker 4: I missed that.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing to miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, well I miss Blockbuster too.
Speaker 1: Smells the browsing environment. It was a fun browse.
Speaker 5: Because now I just if I'm on Netflix, I'm just putting Seinfeld on. I'm not clipping through the movies. If I go to a place to look at a movie, then I'll come home with a movie.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna default every time.
Speaker 2: I like the way you're looking at that.
Speaker 1: All right, So I to play a different type of the day game with you guys here with these final candidates, right, I'm gonna say a name, and then you have to say if that's your guy or not, and you have no idea if the guy named next is going to be better, but you're marrying, and then whoever ends up with the best person but judged by me, ends up winning the Today game. All right, Okay, so you guys can all call the same guy. Okay, for instance, first person David Lynch would have been seventy nine today? Is that your guy? Are you gonna see what comes next? You can't go back and get David Lynch.
Speaker 4: That's legit his guy.
Speaker 2: I know I have it, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's sticking with that or no one else wants David Lynch. Have you ever heard David Lynch cuss about people watching phone movies on their phone? No, it's great, it's so great. Kevin Parker of Tam and Paula. It's Kevin's guy. Yeah, but it's like you think he's gonna win the day. I'm not a huge fan of Okay, what Okayn's Paul Stanley?
Speaker 3: Oh god, the ball our child?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We know how many more guys we have?
Speaker 3: No, you don't know.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen.
Speaker 1: If you don't end up claiming a guy, and then the buzzer sounds.
Speaker 3: You get no guys. I'm the only one with a guy.
Speaker 4: Is there any other punishment is taking to take?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you.
Speaker 3: Only have twenty seven more seconds.
Speaker 5: Aldron, I'm gonna take buzz Oh okay, I'm afraid I'm not gonna have a guy.
Speaker 3: That's a terrible guy. Wilson, nothing holds out nothing, Yeah, love.
Speaker 2: My god, Ian Hill, Judas Priest.
Speaker 3: He's just a bass player, just a base co all right everywhere.
Speaker 2: And it seems like there's a big reaction to quest love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a badass.
Speaker 2: Think it's the best.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, he really devalued himself with the whole fallon affiliation.
Speaker 6: I feel like I just wanted today game.
Speaker 2: I think Paul Stanley wins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our child love for David Power.
Speaker 2: No, congratulations to Paul Stanley.
Speaker 4: Went all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, as we continue broadcasting from David Busters in Dallas. We are very excited to be here and we're good way lots of prizes KT We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Take us in the weekly weekday up.
Speaker 6: I did not know that this was illegal, and it is, and I'll tell you what that is next.