Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series. Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim kaam Ki, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. It's the twenty twenty four World Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees. After taking both Games one and two at Dodgers Stadium over the weekend, the Dodgers now head east to the Bronx up two games to nothing. Game three coming up from Yankee Stadium. Dodgers Yankees. Walker Bueler on the mount. First pitch coming up at five to twelve. Between now and then, we've got a lot to get to here on Marongco Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts, who goes one on one with David Vasse. Will dive deeper into this Game three pitching matchup for the third time in his career, Walker Bueler getting a start in Game three of a World Series. We'll hear from Max Munsey, We've got your Dodgers magical moment, we got your Otani rewind. Shortly, we'll checking with Curriston Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a couple of minutes, we will check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well Saturday night at the Ravine, Yoshinobu Yamamoto was dealing. He went six and a third innings, allowed one run on one hit, wall striking out for the Dodgers offense gave Yoshi some offense to work with.
Speaker 3: In the second Tommy Edmund went deep seven.
Speaker 4: Game hitting streak, batting average four to nineteen for Edmund during this stretch. On Rodn's two oh and Ben swings HiT's a high fly ball left field, carrying toward the corner for Dugo.
Speaker 3: On the run, He's at the wall.
Speaker 5: It's done, Tommy Tanks. Welcome to the World Series. Second home run of a postseason and it breaks the ice.
Speaker 2: In Game two or nothing, LA Tommy Edward with a home run down the left field line. That's the top tier play of the game, sponsor by Arco Quality to your Gas for Less.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up one to nothing.
Speaker 2: However, Juan Soto in the top of the third would make it all even with a solo home run down the right field line. Dodgers and Yankees were tied at one after two and a half innings, but in the bottom of the third, the Dodgers would answer back runner on for Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: On this one old pitch, Tao Te's off high drive right center field, carrying back toward the wall.
Speaker 5: And Tahir Diasta Hernandez bumps its best and pounds is jest Sizzy rounds first base. The Dodgers are back in front. A two run tank from Taio and it's three to one, la a high five from Freddy. He celebrates with Mootie going back to the Dodger dugout. The sunflower seeds aren't waiting.
Speaker 2: The seeds were flowing for Teoscar Hernandez. That two run home run gave the Dodgers a three to one lead. The very next batter, Freddie Freeman with a breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: The three to two pitch, Freddy swings im belts a ball.
Speaker 6: Right field, no doubt, God look Dodgers or team on.
Speaker 5: Carlos run on and get two third home run at night and now a.
Speaker 7: Four one lead.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up four to one.
Speaker 2: With that solo blast from Freddie Freeman, that breath of fresh air presented by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner. Their services more than just a solution, it's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price. Dodgers up four to one. Yoshiyamamoto. We pitch into the seventh any Anthony I got the final two outs of the seventh Michael Kopek got the eighth. Blake Troning came out to pitch the ninth inning and then got himself into a little bit of trouble. Alex Vesia had to come in with the bases loaded, got the final out of the game. Dodgers win it four to two over the Yankees. They take the first two games of this seven game series, and now the series shifts back to the Bronx for Game three. As tonight, Walker Buehler gets the ball and with more we head out to the Galvin Motars broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Hey, TC, great to be with you on the other coast, a different climate, different temperature than at Dodgers Stadium. Well right now, attempts in the boogie down just above fifty degrees, but they feel like they're in the forties. And those temperatures only going to drop as the win picks up, as Game three gets.
Speaker 7: Going here more.
Speaker 4: You know, they have playing a lot of highlights on the video board here Yankee Stadium. I saw a lot of seventy seven and seventy they seem to have left out in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 8: They did, And I'm glad you brought that up, because it was on this date, nineteen eighty one, that the Dodgors wrapped up the World Series here in New York. It was at the other Yankee Stadium. But you know, we look at highlight films. Every one of these players knows that at some point in time down the road, there will be another generation of players looking at highlight films in which side is going to be the happiest.
Speaker 7: And so far, the.
Speaker 8: Dodgers have enjoyed the first two games of this World Series.
Speaker 4: So obviously, in that eighty one series, you guys lost the first two games, came back to win it all. How do these Dodgers avoid that fake?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think you played to try and avoid anything, first of all, and I always try and put a positive slant on it.
Speaker 7: But here's the other part.
Speaker 8: I think as a player, you're always hoping the other team has the best game that they've ever played. You expect your team to also be able to do that. Here are the numbers everybody talks about. Well, teams that go up to and on in a best of seven series go on to win at eighty four percent of the time. Right if the Dodgers win tonight, teams that lead three games to none of best of series they have a winning percentage of like ninety eight percent. But here's my thought. They're New York Yankees and they're capable of doing this. They have to win four of the next five games. If they can move it to a to seven games, they have to win four out of five. For the Dodgers, they cannot be marching in place. Go ahead and apply the same thing. So far they've been as hitters, they've been very selective. At the same time they had been aggressive when accounts had been in their favor.
Speaker 4: What we have seen from the Dodgers throughout the regular season and into this postseason, moll is the importance of scoring first. They're the best team in baseball when they struck first in a game, and again that trend has continued to believe. There's seven to one this postseason when they score first, and they have the first opportunity tonight leading off against Clark Schmidt, the right hander who will see shohe old Tani in the weedos spot and we can't wait to see how that left shoulders exactly.
Speaker 8: And Dave Roberts are just kind of telling us that O'tani. The night that he was injured, he sent a group text as the rest of his teammates were on the bus going to the airport to fly to New York, and he basically told them, I'm okay, I'll be in there tonight. And that's exactly what's going to take place, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Tim.
Speaker 4: We'll let's get it back to you when we talk to you next. We'll get into the pitching matchup. Clark Schmid mentioned how he's taking the ball for the Yankees, the Dodgers turning to Walker Buehler for another game three, not just this postseason, but in his World Series career two World Series starts, both of them in Game three, one in twenty eighteen and one in twenty twenty. He was dazzling in each That is something he wants to continue. Here his first ever time pitching against the Yankees.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we tell you down to first Bitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Betza Parlor. What are your Shaky's pizza Shakin mojos right now at Shakys dot com.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Marongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck, David vadzag goes one on one with the Dodgers manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with DV throughout the show. We'll dive deeper into this Game three bitching matchup. But up next you're o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Sports and at Las Kirsten to Watson.
Speaker 3: That's all coming up as we.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to Game three of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. From the Bronx Walker Vueler on the mound, First Bitch at five.
Speaker 3: Twelve, Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kaks' is the Los Angeles Dodgers audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorono Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees Game three of the World Series from the Bronx Walker Viewler Clark Schmidt. The pitching matchup, first bitch coming up at five twelve.
Speaker 7: This is the.
Speaker 1: Free wide yank.
Speaker 4: You feel playing back aside from Rizzio, there goes show Hey.
Speaker 3: To Oscar takes the pits to throw.
Speaker 9: Down the tag got him.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 4: Otani drops to zero for two and stolen base attempts in the postseason, and he's still on the ground. Otani is rolling around in pain. He is holding his left wrist. Uh oh no. Otani is still on the ground. Yo skin Na Kajevo, Will Ireton, Dave Roberts all hustling out of the Dodger dugout right now. It's a caught stealing to end the seventh inning. But the fear is much much worse with Otani, who is still not gotten up.
Speaker 3: Show Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani gets hurt stealing second base. He was thrown out and the seventh inning came out of the game with a shoulder sublexation or partial dislocation. He had an MRI and test done yesterday, flew out to New York after the team had already arrived in New York City. Did not work out with the team last night, but did go through baseball activities after the team had already gotten done. Good enough, good to go, checked all the boxes according to Dave Roberts and Andrew Freeman, and show hey Otani is in the lineup for Game three tonight of this World Series. Otani rewind brought to you by Etoyanscha, Japan's number one and the tea that show Aotani loves and drinks available at your local DISO stores, Target and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O E N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from New Yankee Stadium in the Bronx before Game three of this World Series. Kirston the Dodgers getting good news, Show hey Otani is in the lineup.
Speaker 11: He sure is, and he is someone. Look we saw him in Game two late in the game in that seventh inning to see his shoulder pop out of its socket.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 11: Partial one, but still how he was taken. He came off the field with the training staff. You could feel just the air being sucked out of Dodgers Stadium in that moment.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of concern.
Speaker 11: Obviously, the good news I sat the guys remain focused. They were able to pull out that wind to take a two and ozer lead in the series. But there was a big question mark, especially going into the team workout yesterday. He did not travel on the team plane with the Dodgers here, so he ends up meeting the team here after having scans in La. The Dave Roberts said, the results all came back clean. They just showed that partial popping out of his shoulders. So that's been at least the good news. That is more of a pain tolerance injury. So the fact that he's out there is a good sign. He is gonna be taped up, he's gonna take some pain medication and things like that. Dave was like all of the above essentially when it came to how they're kind of managing him and the treatment that the plan that they've been putting him on. But they do feel really good just as to where he is. He took some swings in the cage last night, some dry swings, and Dave said he saw one hundred and two of the off the tee and off the bat, so he feels very good for show. Hey Tani being out there today.
Speaker 2: He checked all the boxes. That is certainly great news. Here's is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donated today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with the K.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the Yankees here in Game three, it is buzzing at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: It has been for a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: The Yankee fans of the media, they're ready for the Yankees to put up a fight.
Speaker 11: And they are, and you know what, it's as to be expected. This is the World Series, and the Dodgers can't assume that they're going to come in here and just steamroll all over the Yankees. They're a very good team. They've got a picture on the mound today and clerksmid who's been very you know, he's been a steady guy for this group. So the hope is they can find ways, of course, to get to him early when it comes to just like the mindset of the team though. I think Max Munsey has said it really well all throughout the postseason, and that's just essentially they have to play their game and we've been seeing them do just that. That's been giving them the success they've had this October. So if they can do that, they can set the tone. They've got Walker Bueller on the mound. You know, he's a big game kind of guy, and so they're all excited for him. So we'll see how it plays out. But the biggest thing is is they know the Yankees are going to want to punch back. They know that it's going to be insane energy. It was insane energy a Yankee Stadium over the summer in the middle of June, so they know what to expect. The biggest thing is how can they not only take the crowd out of it, but also take the.
Speaker 1: Yankees out of this.
Speaker 11: And that's getting to the starter early.
Speaker 2: Kirston, We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game. It is certainly buzzing there at Yankee Stadium. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will dive deeper into this bitchy matchup. David vtsegoes one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Max Munsey. It's the Dodgers and Yankees Game three of the World Series from the Bronx. First pitch coming up at five twelve. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday afternoon as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers Yankees Game three of the World Series. Dodgers a two to oh series lead after winning games one and two at Dodgers Stadium. Series now shifts to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx and Marongo Casino Resort in Spa. A grand slam for good times. Walker Buehler on the mound here in Game three, Clark Schmidt will go for the Yankees first pitch.
Speaker 3: Set for five twelve.
Speaker 2: Max Munsey continues to have a good postseason for the Dodgers, and just a little earlier sat down and spoke with.
Speaker 3: The media mix.
Speaker 12: How you doing now that the Yankees are back home sleeping in their own bed. How important and how tight does this defense have to be? Because I'm sure they're going to make some adjustments now that they're home.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, we just got to keep playing our game. Doesn't matter where we're at, doesn't matter the stadium, the location. You just we got to go out there and play Dodger baseball. We have prepare, do little things correct and you just played play clean game. And at the end of the day, if we do that, you know, we trust in the roster that we have.
Speaker 12: Show Hay is back in the lineup. I guess he never left the lineup officially. How to does that help help this offense just to continue their dominance at the plate?
Speaker 13: Well, if you keep the best player in the game in the lineup, that it's usually uh, you know, it's usually good for your team. So, uh, you know, just having him in there, obviously it's a it's a big guy to have in there helps a lot. He's had some big moments for us, and you know, we're obviously expecting a couple more big moments out of him.
Speaker 14: Jack on your left, Max, just one more and show hey, Like, how concerning was that scene the other night when he left, and how much do you guys kind of like pay attention or worry about that these last couple of days about his status and just if he was going to be in there today.
Speaker 13: He uh, you know, he texted the whole team as we were on our way to the airport and said he was gonna be fine, and that was it. He said he was gonna play it, and so we all just put it to the side at that moment. You know, we all said, he's got us. You know, we'll we'll, we'll be ready for him to be in the lineup.
Speaker 14: The text just like literally said I can play basically. I mean, there was more to it than that, but yeah, you know, because come on.
Speaker 3: Go to the third row and you're right, here's some Max.
Speaker 11: You've been very adamant just this entire postseason that the mindset is every day it's zero zero. It doesn't matter that you guys were two games up in this World Series at the moment. How important is that approach and how you found whether it's been in years past and your guys' success in the World Series or just kind of with taking things in that sense.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and that's that's something that's been preached to me for you know, a very long time, and I try to bring that to everyone else. And that's something that this organization has always done a good job with and it's that you know, whether you win or lose the previous game, it has no effect on the next day when you show up. It's it's a zero zero ball game. You know, you you control the things that you can control, and in this game that's not a whole lot, but there are certain things you can control. And you know, the biggest ones are how you prepare for the game, how you game plan for the game, how you show up, Uh, do you do your routine, do you do the things you need to do to make sure you're ready for the game. And so those are the biggest things we try to preach. And then you know, stuff's going to happen in the game. And that's that's why I say you control what you can control, because you can't control the game. There's no telling what's going to happen. Round bat, round ball. You've heard of say that ball might hit a rock in the infield, might catch a seam in the air and do something weird in the outfield. You have no, there's no telling what could happen during the game, So you control the things you can control, and for us, that's just how we prepare.
Speaker 9: Stand in the same spawn.
Speaker 15: You're right, Max, Max in regards to just different guys stepping up and meeting the moment throughout this postseason, Dave said back at camel Back, he looked at you guys and said, you know, no matter what position you are, no matter what your spot is on the roster, that's what it's going to take to win a World Series, to deliver in the biggest of moments when the pressure is highest. I just was wondering if you remember that kind of speech from him, and how you think it's manifesting itself now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, I believe his exact words are, you know you you need to want to be the guy. And that's why we're all here. We all want to be in the situation. We all want to be the guy in that moment. And to win a championship, it's gonna take more than just one guy. It takes everybody on the team, you know, from the guys that aren't even active to the guys that are active. You know, you guys heard me talk about Brent Honeywell throwing the mookie bets in San Diego. That's uh uh. It takes the entire organization to win a championship, and so that's you know, that's definitely something that sticks out to you when when your manager calls you out like that and then in spring training and saying, hey, you guys all need to want to be the guy in that situation. You can't leave it up to someone else. And you know it's it's proven true already how many different guys have come through in big moments for us.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Max Mounsey talking to the media just a little while ago at Yankee Stadium. Doctors Baseball's brought to by Service Titan Dave Roberts, who wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to Let's Service Titan help you be prepared Service Titan dot Com. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with David Basse as we leads up to first pitch Game three of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on your home for the blue whole season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers and Yankees Game three of the World Series from the Bronx Walker viewer Clark Schmidt.
Speaker 3: The pitching match ump first pitch coming up at five.
Speaker 1: Well, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David, As the series shifts to New York, what's the buzz in New York City? How about Yankee Stadium? They expect in a raucus crowds to night.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's already raucus right now.
Speaker 16: I took a little walk around the concourse at Yankee Stadium, and the Yankee fans are screaming at other Dodger fans to take their.
Speaker 9: Dodger jersey off.
Speaker 16: No physical, but very salty New Yorker ish on the concourse here.
Speaker 9: If you're a Dodger fan, and.
Speaker 16: I guess you know, Fox Sports has a little tilted biased panel with Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter on it. So they're out there in center field and the Yankee fans started doing.
Speaker 9: The role call for Jeter and a Rod.
Speaker 16: So this is the first World Series game played at Yankee Stadium since two thousand and nine when those two guys won the World Series beating Jimmy Rollins and the Phillies. So this city has been waiting for the Yankees to get back here, and it feels like they're ignoring the fact that their team is down to the Dodgers O two and the Dodgers are looking to take a commanding three games to none series lead.
Speaker 9: Speaking to some of the New York media, they believe.
Speaker 16: If Aaron Judge strikes out in his first at bat, this sellout crowd is going to rain down booze on him. So you know, there is some pressure on the Yankees to perform for their home crowd tonight.
Speaker 3: Just a piggyback that.
Speaker 2: How about the confidence of the Dodgers, David and be able to win just two games out of three in New York?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Well, Tim I took the bus at two o'clock with a few of the core players and they had a quiet confidence about themselves.
Speaker 9: And about the way that they match up against the Yankees. But they did say, look, it's baseball. You still got to do it between the lines.
Speaker 16: But the Dodgers have beaten what many believed to be the toughest competition for them in a short series already, and that was the San Diego Padres, a best of five series nonetheless one of the most dangerous playoff series you could have against an opponent like that, and the Dodgers came from behind in that series and beat them. The Yankees had an easier path to get to the World Series.
Speaker 9: The American League top.
Speaker 16: To bottom was not as good as the National League. They beat a Royals team, an upstart Cinderella Royals team, and they be the Guardians team that the Dodgers can't believe pitched the Yankees the way they did. So they obviously know they have to prove it on the field, but they are not quaking in their cleats tonight facing Clark Schmidt, and a lot of the Dodgers believe that if Clay Holmes comes into another game this series, they're not concerned about him either. In fact, some of the Dodgers believe that, you know, he may have some issues throwing strikes.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford. It there's one thing we like. It's choices.
Speaker 2: Fine, yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called F one fifty. Otani good to go. I'm sure he's sore, but what are you hearing about as far as how he's feeling going into this game.
Speaker 3: He'll lead things off here at the top of the.
Speaker 16: First Yeah, and you'll hear from Dave Roberts coming up in a moment. He'll give us more details on that. But from what I understand, Otani came to the workout last night after the rest of the team was done, got his work in, tested out the left shoulder, and the Dodgers are very confident now that he will not be compromised playing in the game or taking swings tonight. The Dodgers medical staff is one of the best out there, and obviously Otani gets the best care top to bottom. They know how much he means to them, and certainly the Dodgers were very concerned.
Speaker 9: After Game two.
Speaker 16: In fact, they were concerned that Otani wouldn't play again in this World Series. But I got a text from Andrew Friedman yesterday that said that he couldn't believe how well Otani was responding to treatment. And everything in the last twenty four hours. So that's the reason why he's in the starting lineup. And look, Otani is not going to miss the rest of the World Series if there's any way for him to be in the lineup. And you heard from Max Munsey, he reassured his teammates he would be in the lineup. Kind of reminds me of when Magic Johnson sat in Kareem Abdul Jabbar's chair before Game six on the way to Philadelphia and uh said, don't fear Magic is here. And it feels like Otammy was letting his teammates know, don't fear showtime is here.
Speaker 3: Love it, David, appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you will hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Will dive deeper into this Game three pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere, Dodgers Yankees. Game three of the World Series is coming up. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees Game three of the World Series from the Bronx Dodgers a two to ozero series lead walker Bueler Clark Schmidt.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five twelve.
Speaker 9: Hot Dog, who wants a hot Dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Haffe Magical Moment Ditch Magical Gadget Fault presented by Hawby Hot Tails.
Speaker 2: We go back to October twenty eighth, nineteen eighty one, forty three years ago today, Game three of the nineteen eighty one World Series as the Dodgers, where it took on the Yankees. The Yankees took a one zero or one nothing lead in the bottom half of the third inning. The Dodgers would tie it up in the top half of the fourth inning. In the fifth, George Frazier, who relieved Tommy John, gave up an RBI single to Ron Say that brought up Pedro Guerrero.
Speaker 10: Crazer ready delivers. Guerrero drives it to the left center field. He hit it a mile Monthrey on the run can't get it. Income Say incomes Baker. Guerrero has a stand up triple and the Dodgers lead four to one. I don't think you can hit a ball much better than he hit that ball.
Speaker 2: Then Pedro Guerrero with the two run triple. The Dodgers would score three runs in the fifth, four more in this sixth. They attack on one more in the eighth. Dodgers up ninety two, trying to close out the Yankees in Game six in the Bronx.
Speaker 10: Watching zero for four, how out of a stretch to check at the runners and the one op edge watching it's a high fly ball the Landro, this is it? Landro waiting and waiting, He's got it. The Los Angeles Dodgers have just about done the impossible. Lasorda throws his hat away, runs out with his hands and arms held high in the air to grab Steve Garvey and the Dodgers, who were down two games to none and beat Houston. They were down one game to two and beat Montfreal. They were down two games to none of the Yankees and beat him four straight.
Speaker 7: What a performance.
Speaker 3: We got to give him credit. They they came all the way.
Speaker 10: Back under some rough conditions, and they came back and they wanted so they're the World champions nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: No question, That is Sparky Anderson and the great Vin Scully on the call Game six of the nineteen eighty one World Series. Dodgers beat the Yankees at Yankee Stadium nine to two, their first World Series championship in sixteen years. This Hoffey Magical moment brought you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a soakal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave.
Speaker 3: Delicious Hoffey hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: When we continue here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back in with Rick Monday. So leading up to first pitch from the Bronx Dodgers Yankees Game three of the World Series, I'm Tim gateson.
Speaker 3: This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game three of the World Series Dodgers and the Yankees. First pitch in the Bronx is coming up at five twelve Walker Viewer and Clark Schmidt. The pitching matchup Doctors Baseball was brought to you by Zinci handcrafted sushi.
Speaker 3: Made fresh daily on site.
Speaker 2: You can pick up delicious sushi before or after the game at Rouse an other local supermarkets right near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series champion Dodger Rick.
Speaker 9: Monday Rick Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 16: I'm not the one you played at in nineteen eighty one, but the second time the Dodgers have been here this season. And Max Munsey said that's somewhat of an advantage being going East coast to West coast four different times this season.
Speaker 8: That's what he said. Huh yeah, well go with it. Then here's my stance on this. Okay, the Dodgers win each of the first two, right, you can put all kinds of scenarios together, and the whereases and the therefores and the best of postseason series all time. When you lead two to nothing in a seven game series, Okay, whoever wins the first two wins eighty four percent of the time. Teams that go three and oh in the best of seven all time are thirty nine and one. Move those to the wayside. I've been at a ball club that was zero to two and came in here and won at nineteen eighty one. I also believe that you need to put it into your mind a positive stance. Here's my stance. Yankees have to win four out of five Dodgers. If you say, okay, they need to win two more, okay, five? What are the Yankees chances of winning for four out of five in a World Series?
Speaker 7: If they have a ball club that can do it.
Speaker 8: But I think the odds even increasing a little bit more to not be able to do it. I think you look at this series so far, majority of the runs have been scored on home runs. They need a little bit more punch here and there instead of just absolute slug from time to time. Well that occurred tonight, a chilli night itself. We're going to find out. But there's all kinds of numbers. I've said this many many times. Take all the numbers of the whares, and therefore you put it in the computer. Computer choose it up, and they analyze it, and the computer says, play the game.
Speaker 7: And that's exactly what we're going to do tonight.
Speaker 16: It feels like traveling from the team hotel to Yankee Stadium. Rick there's an air of confidence among these players that they believe they're better than the Yanks.
Speaker 8: Also, from the hotel to the ballpark, there were a few sirens or they're not.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it took about thirty five to forty minutes actually up Madison Avenue exactly.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, it's a nice street to come down to. This is the way it should be in the World Series. Everybody is talking about it because it's a big, big deal and it's the New York Yankees against the Los Angeles Dodgers. There's a history there to begin with. And from a baseball standpoint, I don't know what the numbers are in Game one, but in Game two, the viewership was just off the charts. We're talking about radio, we're talking about television, we're talking about fan interest. You look at the prices that have been posted. Of course, you can ask anything for a ticket. What's the sale price? So we're gonna find out. I've got something for you, David bas saying, I've been waiting for that in my vast research. You know, this world's getting smaller and smaller and smaller over the years. Manny Mota and his late late wife Marguerite started some charity work in their Dominican Republic. And I remember the Manny towards the end of baseball season when we were teammates and he was the first base coach, and said, hey, how about donations, whether it be whether it be baseball shoes, whether it be jerseys, whether it be whatever might be gloves that you're not using, you're going to throw away, and we would contribute, and then he would take some of that stuff to the Dominican Republic and also in the Los Angeles area and distribute those to children in need, especially throughout the holidays.
Speaker 7: Well, years go by, in years.
Speaker 8: Go by, how about this one for size. If we look at this series with the New York Yankees, one of the kids that the Motives gave presents to the Dominican Republic years and years ago was the father of Juan Soto. And Juan Soto was in LA in the first two games of that series, and Manny and Jose Mota, who is Juan's father, were able to reunite, and he told Manny, he said, he look, I was one of those. He was somewhere around nine years of age at the time where he went to the Manning Motive and Marguerite Mode charity in the Dominican Republic to get some presents for their family. And now here it is, it goes full circle and his son now is playing against the Dodgers and in a world series.
Speaker 9: That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 16: Rick, I love that full circle And hopefully Manny can take away the bat he gave him, because that's been Wan Soto's calling call though.
Speaker 8: His dead did tell Manny, so, hey, by the way, you steal owe me a bicycle?
Speaker 9: Yeah, many Moto would ride around in his try six wheeler. Yeah yeah, hey, before I let you go.
Speaker 16: Freddie Freeman has made a huge impact on this series already. Tommy Edmond has made a huge impact on this series in different ways. Can you just describe what you've been seeing from both those guys in different ways?
Speaker 7: I think fus focus.
Speaker 8: I think the bigger question right now, the Dodgers will take care of business Walker Builder tonight? How does he pitch to the big guy guys in the lineup for the New York Yankees in which Aaron Judge do we see Dodgers are hoping Aaron Judge gets red hot the first day of spring trending well?
Speaker 16: Interesting enough, John Carlos Stanton and Aaron Judge usually take early batting practice together. Yep, no Aaron Judge. Today it was only John Carlos Stanton.
Speaker 7: Well, not on the field. I guarantee it.
Speaker 8: He took it privately, Yeah, inside, so the eyes would not be upon him. He could do it quietly.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 16: We'll see whether or not it's booze or cheers. Jeers or cheers for Aaron Judge.
Speaker 7: Well, two more wins, there's gonna be a lot of booze, David.
Speaker 9: Well, Rick, I'm pretty confident this is talking.
Speaker 7: About the vocal booze either.
Speaker 16: Oh all right, I think we'll back it out right here. Thanks, Rick, We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fans and hands are listening experienced by downloading the iHeart Radio app and listening in HD. It's all powered why La Gary Health Plan serving all Angelinos la care dot Org. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: Will dive deeper to this game. Three bitchy madge up.
Speaker 2: Rick will be back with Steven Nelson, get you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tie with the manager Dave Roberts, to lead you up to Game three of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. First pitch at five, five twelve. I'm Tim Katess, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Yankees from the Bronx. Is the World Series heads East Dodgers A two zero series League Game three coming up, Walker Vieler Clark Schmidt. The pitching matchup. First pitch at five twelve. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, there's only one place to go, the best Children's Hospital LA. They're ranked number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This it is high and tight.
Speaker 16: It's Game three of the World Series, and we're very lucky to have the manager of the National League champion Dodgers with us.
Speaker 9: The one and only Dave Roberts. Dave, thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: For the time.
Speaker 9: Great to catch up with you during the World Series.
Speaker 7: Thanks Dave. It's good to be here with you.
Speaker 17: And you know, had a good workout yesterday, So there's no place I'd rather be here than at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 16: I have a big smile on my face all October because I think, finally there is some Dave Roberts validation out there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know what, I'm feeling it as well, feeling the love as they say, and it's it's always good. And you know, you always try to put your best, your best foot forward and do the best for the organization, the players, and you know, right now the players are performing and I couldn't be happier.
Speaker 9: Dave.
Speaker 16: I remember the night before your first playoff game this October. You were steadfast in your belief in these players.
Speaker 7: What gave you that belief?
Speaker 17: I just felt that this team, like all teams are different from year to year, but I just felt this team was had really gone through it. Really, as some of our guys have said, We've were battle tested. We've gone through a lot of injuries, ups, downs, people counting us out, and this is like the first year I felt like we were underdogs and just to see the way our guys responded a lot of different points of the season just and you know, kind of cemented that belief going into the postseason.
Speaker 16: What's it like as a manager to have your belief rewarded by the way the players have played for each other?
Speaker 17: It's everything I think that you know, managers want players to play well, perform for the team, But the biggest I think that you can continue to build off of, and the thing that shows the most fruits is when they play for each other and they care for one another. And it's for me, it's the most satisfaction I've ever had.
Speaker 16: You have Shoho Tani leading off a lot of talk about the left shoulder. What did you see from him last night today that made you believe that he's good to go.
Speaker 17: He came in yesterday, got treatment, got it taped up, took swings off a live arm off the tee, and he wasn't compromised at all. And regardless I asked how he felt, he goes No matter what how I feel, I'm gonna be in the lineup tomorrow. So that was good enough for me.
Speaker 9: Hey, you'll love this.
Speaker 16: I sent Cody Bellinger a text right after Game two, and he diagnosed it right away.
Speaker 9: I think he was speaking from firsthand experience.
Speaker 17: Yeah he was, And I hope the same thing happens where Cody end up hitting a homer and hopefully Showhy does the same thing.
Speaker 16: You got Walker Bueller on the mountain tonight, Dave, it feels like you did not just pick his name out of the hat.
Speaker 9: He's the right guy for this type of environment.
Speaker 7: He absolutely is.
Speaker 17: I think that, you know, three is a very pivotal swing game in a lot of seven game series, and right now we have a chance to go for the jugular first game on the road, and there's just no better option than we have than Walker Buehler, Who's, you know, been through a lot of situations, pitching a lot of big games and perform really well. So I couldn't be more excited to have him on the stage.
Speaker 16: When he pitched in New York, you were very already pleased with him giving you four scoreless innings.
Speaker 9: So would you feel the same way tonight.
Speaker 17: I would absolutely, And I think in the postseason it's about getting out and I don't know how many pitches he's gonna throw. I don't know how many outs or how many hitters he's going to go through, just you know, go until he can't go anymore. But like you said, a city field against the Mets, four shutout was all we needed.
Speaker 16: And here at Yankee Stadium, you got a bullpen game tomorrow and obviously you're bullpen's ready.
Speaker 9: I asked you this the other night.
Speaker 16: The identity of this bullpen, it really feels like they've leaned into it. Have you ever seen a group of relievers that are foaming at the mouth to get into the.
Speaker 17: Game, You know what, it's fun to see. You know, there's some guys that are clean shaven, some guys that have ponytails and beards, But to see them as dogs, it's awesome. And certainly they've kind of embraced that kind of narrative, that mantra, that identity, and we wouldn't be here without those guys.
Speaker 16: Hey, Dave, this started when you took over as the manager. The culture of relievers not thinking about innings, but groupings of hitters. It doesn't feel like those group of guys could do what you're asking if you didn't put that mindset.
Speaker 9: Back in twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 17: You're right, You're right, and I think that it's certainly a culture thing. There's a buy in there. Certainly there's talent. But I think that we've seen it, You've seen it firsthand that I asked these guys to do a lot of different things and check their egos and they ultimately understand that I'm putting them in the best position to have success and they're thriving. So yeah, we've come a long way and just certainly proud of this bullpen.
Speaker 16: Hey, you put the culture in place when you took over in twenty sixteen. This is your fourth World Series. You're two wins away from being a champion again. Thanks a lot for the time, and look forward to having another conversation with you down the road.
Speaker 7: I look forward to it. Dave, let's get it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no doubt. Dave Roberts is dry.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: We'll see what happens next. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: It's game Night, It's group.
Speaker 2: Night at Shaky's dot com as we're leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers Yankees from the Bronx. It's Game three of the World Series. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Depo on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees from the Bronx, Game three of the World Series.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up in five twelve.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Heirs in about your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating and off roading dreams into a reality in the all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: Set your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Clark Schmidt on the mount for the Yankees, twenty eight year old right hand or first round pick in twenty seventeen. In twenty twenty three, really came out of the seam, making thirty two starts. Here in twenty twenty four, he made sixteen starts. He missed almost two months during the season with a last injury, he was five and five with the two eighty five ERA in ninety three strikeouts. He'll make his third career postseason starts, his sixth appearance, and he pitched in Game three most recently or Game three of the ALCS against the guard Against He allowed twitor and runs in four and two third innings without recording the decision. Walker Buehler on the mound for the Dodgers thirty year old right hander. Twenty twenty four was all about him coming back from his second Timmy John surgery. In sixteen starts during the regular season, one in six of the five thirty eight ERA sixty eight strikeouts, but the postseason has been a lot different for Walker Buehler. He's making his eighteenth career postseason start, if you can believe it, that is second all time in Dodger postseason history. He is three and four in those seventeen previous starts with a three twenty five ERARA and one hundred and seven strikeouts. He has been really good so far this postseason, most recently in the NLCS. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by etoaans Oi Au jud Japan's number one Green Tea and the tea that show Heyo Tani Loves and drinks label your little diso stores, Target and etoin dot com. That's it, t O e N dot Com. Dodgers Yankees. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jim On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Yankees from the Bronx Game three of the World Series. Dodgers a two to oh series lead going into this game Walker Viewler and Clark Schmidt.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch is coming up at five twelve Dodger fans and a Hansher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening an HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Before first pitch, back to the booth, Steven Elison, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks sim So.
Speaker 4: When we talked last time, I asked you about your experience in the eighty one Dodgers. You know coming back from down two to zero tonight, the Dodgers are leaning on a different kind of experience, and that's the postseason pedigree of one Walker Bueller. Yet again, he is making his third career start in the World Series, and coincidentally, it's another Game three. He had the third game in the twenty eighteen Fall Classic against Boston and then Game three in twenty twenty against Tampa Bay. He's one to zero, a zero point six y nine ERA, just one earn run in thirteen innings.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think we're looking at both at these walk clouds two from a standpoint Steven as far as other than what they're able to see in the print and what they're able to see on video. Both sides have had just three hitters that have faced the opposing pitcher that they're gonna be facing tonight. For Walker Dueler, don't overthrow the fastball. He's a different pitcher than those other two outings you're talking about in the World Series. The velocity is out there. I think the key for Walker Dueler tonight is the curve ball if he gets that over If we talk about the Yankees, and we did this before Game one, they are a better fastball hitting team, as most teams are, but especially fastball with the Yankees, and they've proven that very low average against with breaking stuff.
Speaker 4: For the last time we saw home, of course, against the Mets, eighteen swings and misses, eighteen whiffs from Walker Buehler. That was, I mean, the most by far he's had in any outing this year. Granted, this is a much tougher test this Yankee lineup, even with Aaron Judge struggling just a different hitter profile.
Speaker 7: Than the team in the other borough.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think the other guys realized that they have to pick up the slack for Judge so far, and he may break out of it tonight the very first AVAT, But so far in the postseason, Aaron Judge is hitting just one forty three. That's the lowest average with a set number of plate appearances in baseball history. The only man lower than that Trey Turner.
Speaker 3: Old friend Trey Turner.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 4: So it'll be Otani, Betts and Freddie Freeman in the top of the first hitting a chance for the Dodgers to strike first against Clark Schmid. Freddy Freeman trying to go deep in a fifth consecutive World Series Game Game three from the Boogie Down coming up shortly TC back to you, all.
Speaker 2: Right, first pitch is coming up. Showy O'tani in the lineup. That is great news for the Dodgers. He is wearing a brace on his left shoulder during introductions at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: Jacket over that just for support. He's gonna be good to go.
Speaker 2: He'll be leading off Game three when we come back. Clark Schmidt on the mound for the Yankees. Walker Rueler, Big game Walkers they call him, will be on the mound for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: First bitches, next, enjoined, everybody come.
Speaker 2: Tim Kates has been Roco Casino Dodgers on deck of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network