Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Sunday Service episode seventy three. I'm your host, Josh Amada. If you know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, and Army veteran. And this has brought you by Cope of Conspiracy Podcast. Thank you so much for joining me. So we are going to be going over Second Kings chapters nineteen through probably twenty two. I believe we can get through twenty two. Last week we had a great show and great Wednesday Service show and Sunday Service show last week. So let's go ahead and give some shout outs to those that commented. We have MBMP twenty two. Thank you for the comment and Angela Kelly much love to you. Appreciate you. J Con forty four twenty Love you brother, Love you too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm still here for every episode. Thank you, Jacon. That really means a lot to me. Jordan rich Meyer, the best podcast to be listening to, Thank you so much. God bless you brother. I think that. Yeah, it's not the fact that it's me on the podcast, the best podcast to be listening to, because we're going over the Word of God, right, So I think I do agree with that, so let's go ahead and go to Sunday Service and see who we have. All right, So we have MDMP twenty two once again. Thank you much, love to you. Jordan Richmyer, thank you so much, brother, and Angela Kelly, thank you. V Wills, what's up, brother, congrats on your trip up. Yes, thank you and then b thank you. So V Wills actually listens to my show. So he's over here on Sunday Service now too, so great stuff, you know over here Sunday Service on a cult conspiracy. So the trip that he's mentioning is going to be my trip to Edmonton, Canada, which is fifty three degrees north. I'm going to be filming the sun from sunset, our sunrise to sunset, and we're gonna, you know, check the degrees all that stuff and see how the sun is traveling at fifty three degrees north. And then I'm gonna go down to Puta Arena and is Chili. So just January or June twenty first is the day that I'm going to fifty three degrees north, which is Edmonton, Canada. And then December twenty first, which is exactly six months later, we'll be filming the sun at putzsa Arenas, Chili at fifty three degrees south. So that's the trip that he's mentioning. And I went and hopped on a show today with Jaren from Jaredism. He's a guy that I've been cool with, you know, the whole entire time that he took his Antarctica trip, and I've been talking to him and keeping you know, basically just kind of chatting with him, you know, asking him his thoughts and everything. And he went from being a flat Earth believer to a globe believer, you know. So now I'm gonna take him or we're gonna meet there in Edmonton, Canada, and we're gonna do these observations, right, and then we're gonna go down to puta Arenas in December and do the observation. So I'm doing it with him so that there's a globe person there and then someone that believes flat right. So I believe in biblical cosmology, and what I want to do is I want to find out if I'm teaching correctly. So what do I do. I'm going to go down there and see if the sun makes the Earth seem symmetrical. It's just an observation, you know, does it? And then they already did an observation in Antarctica where they did a twenty for our Son, so that's kind of what kind of and they and then we already know there's a twenty four our Son in the Arctic and then the Antarctic. Now, so we're going to see what it looks like at fifty three degrees nor fifty three degrees south. And it's a claim by the globe that it's symmetrical, that the sun's going to be the same exact sunset and degrees everything, but reversed. So we'll see if that's true. We're going to go down there and find out. So that's the trip I'm going to go on. Also another thing that I have this Saturday, there's a guy named culture Cats. He goes by conspiracy Cats. I think he's out of if I'm not mistaken, hopefully doesn't get offended. I think he's out of England. But he's going to debate me on whether Christianity is good for society. So I'm gonna be doing that on Saturday. He asked me randomly, just hey, I want to debate you on this subject. So he asked me, So I'm gonna go in there and do my very best no kind of enjoy the show. And if you notice, the setup for my podcast is a little different on Zoom right now because it just it kind of went back for me instead of like auto adjusting. So usually you don't get to see the table here, so that's kind of interesting. Maybe I need to move it closer. I guess, yeah, I guess that would be cool. Perfect, So that's better that way you don't see the table and it looks a little better in the backs. But yeah, so that's what's going on with me. That's my housekeeping for the week. I got the debate coming up. Please pray for me. I'm going on his show. He has like thirty four thousand subscribers and a lot of them are atheists and they don't believe in God, right, so obviously the chat's going to be going haywire on the stuff that I'm saying. But you know, it does as matter because I represent the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and I believe the Holy Spirit will speak through me when I'm doing the debate, So please pray for me. Will you be able to pray for me? This is going to come out Sunday. You know what, I'm doing the debate on Saturday morning. Never mind, don't you don't need to pray for me, but do pray for me about other stuff. But obviously this is not going to reach you fast enough for for you to pray for me to do something on Saturday, because it's a Sunday services coming out Sunday, all right, so much love to everybody. Thank you guys for the comments. I appreciate you. And then when this does come out on my YouTube, thank you all for the comments. Thank you so much for the likes, for the shares, everything, I really appreciate it. It really assists the algorithm and helps the show to grow, which is what we want because we want to make sure that people are hearing the gospel message right. That is so important. So now let's go ahead and jump to let me share the screen Second Kings. We're going to be Second King's nineteen. We ended last week at Second King's eighteen, so let's go ahead and go to Second King's nineteen. Perfect. Let's go all right, and I do have my notes pulled up here, and then my other notes are gonna be here, do I need yep. I should probably plug this in because it will start to die.
Speaker 2: I have a screen up in the whole time. Good stuff, all right, let's go all right.
Speaker 1: Just kind of getting stuff situated here, all right. So Second King's nineteen Isaiah assures deliverance. Okay, so let's go ahead and check this out. And it was when King Hezekiah heard it that he tore his Oh you know what, WHOA did? I almost do that without doing the introduction. Let's go ahead and slow down and do the introduction first. Give me one second here, okay, so s nope, introduction Introduction to Second Kings nineteen, let's do that. Second King's nineteen recounts a critical period in Israel's history when the Powerfulessyrian king shene Chereb threatened the Kingdom of Judah. This chapter beautifully illustrates God's response to blasphemy through King Hezekiah's faith in prayer, the prophecy of Isaiah, and the divine intervention that saved Jerusalem saves Jerusalem from Assyria's invasion. All right, so that's pretty cool. The prophet Isaiah is involved in this one, so really cool stuff. So obviously they're going over different times when people ruled, and there'll be different prophets that are mentioned, you know, like Isaiah here. That's cool that we get to see something that talks about Isaiah. That's not just the Book of Isaiah, right, So it's like an extra evidence of the prophet Isaiah here. So let's go ahead and read one through four and then we'll check the notes on what we have here. So let's go ahead and do that. Isaiah assures deliverance, and it was, and so it was when King Hezekiah heard it, that he tore his clothes, covered himself with sackcloth, and went into the house of the Lord. Then he sent Ili Kim Iliakim Ilya Kim who was over the household Shebnah, the scribe, and the elders of the priest, covered with sackcloth, to Isaiah, the prophet, the son of Amaz. And they said to him, thus says Hezekiah, this day is a day of trouble and rebuke and blasphemy. For the children have came to birth, but there is no strength to bring them forth. It may be that the Lord your God will hear all the words of the rap Shaka, whom the master, the king of Assyria has sent to reapproach the Living God and will rebuke the words which the Lord your God has heard. Therefore, lift up your prayer for the remnant that is left. Stop there quick, you know. We'll continue. We'll finish five through seven, and then we'll get to the notes. Five says So the servants of King Hezekiah came to Isaiah, and Isaiah said to them, thus you shall say to your master, thus says the Lord. Do not be afraid of the words which you have heard, with which the servants of the King of Assyria have blasphemed me. Surely I will send a spirit upon them, and he shall hear a rumor and return to his own land, and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land. All right. So in verse one, it says Hezekiah's distressed and humility. When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth, and went into the house of the Lord. Hezekiah's immediate response to the threat was one of humility and seeking God, demonstrating the importance of turning to God in times of trouble. Hezekiah, the son of a has and the thirteenth King of Judah is a prominent figure in the Hebrew Bible, known for his faithfulness to God and his efforts to restore the proper worship in the kingdom. His reign is marked by significant religious reforms and a notable demonstration of humility and reliance on God during times of distress. Hezekiah ascended to the throne of Judah around seven point fifty BC during a period of spiritual decline and political instability. His father, AHAs had led the nation into idolatry formed alliances with foreign powers, compromising Judah's spiritual integrity. In contrast, Hezekiah is described as a king who did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, just as his father David had done. In Tewod Kings eighteen, verse three. He initiated a series of reforms to purify the temple, restore the observation to Passover, and eliminate idolterous practices. That way, you guys kind of get an idea what was going on in eighteen just in case you missed it. The most nificant period of distress during Hezekiah's reign occurred on the Assyrian king Shenna Cherub invaded Judah. The Assyrian Empire was a dominant military power in its campaign against Judah, post an existential threat. Sheena Cherub captured many fortified cities of Judah and laid siege to Jerusalem Second Kings, eighteen, verse thirteen. In response to the dire situation, Hezekiah sawt to the Council of the Prophet Isaiah in turn to God in prayer. Hezekiah's prayer is recorded in Second Kings nineteen, verses fifteen through nineteen, where he acknowledges God's sovereignty and pleads for deliverance. I'm not going to read that because that's kind of a spoiler alert, and then if you continue, if I continued reading these notes, then it would kind of be spoiler alerts as well. So I'm just going to go down to the bottom and then we'll read through these, and then I know, as we're reading the verses, it would kind of be the same as these notes because that's what they go over. They kind of go over what I'm gonna talk about in Second Kings nineteen thirty four, nineteen thirty five, thirty six, and then twenty two through three, and then Second Kings five through eleven, So Hezekiah's reign is a powerful example of how humility and faith in God can lead to divine intervention and deliverance. His life demonstrates the importance of seeking God's guidance in times of distress and the blessings that come from a heart fully devoted to the Lord despite his human frailties. Hezekiah's legacy is one of the faithfulness and alliance on God, serving as an enduring model for believers. All right, so pretty good stuff there. And then we see in Second Kings nineteen verses two through five, which we just read, Hezekiah sent messengers to the prophet Isaiah seeking divine guidance. This highlights the value of seeking wisdom from godly leaders and the importance of community and facing challenges. Seeking godly counsel is a vital practice for believers who desire to live according to God's will and wisdom. The Bible emphasizes the importance of seeking advice from those who are grounded in scripture and possessed spiritual maturity. This practice is rooted in the understanding that human wisdom is limited and divine guidance is essential for making decisions. The Biblical foundation for doing this is in Proverbs eleven fourteen. There's numerous examples actually of this, but one of them would be Proverbs eleven fourteen, and then also Proverbs fifteen twenty two and Proverbs eleven fourteen. It states, where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in the abundance of counselors there is safety. This verse highlights the protective nature of seeking advice from multiple wise sources. Similarly, in Proverbs fifteen twenty two, it says plans fail for lack of counsel book, but with many advisors they succeed these passages. This passage underscores. These passages underscore the value of collective wisdom and the role of counselors in achieving success. And then Psalms one nineteen twenty four is also another one that says your testimonies are my delight, they are my counselors. And then we also have James three verse seventeen, which says first peer, then peaceable, gentle, accommodating, full of mercy, and good fruit, imparcel and sincere. These qualities are indictive of a counselor who is led by the Holy Spirit. All right, so the role of the Holy Spirit. When seeking counsel, believers are encouraged to rely on the Holy Spirit for guidance. John sixteen, verse thirteen promises, but when he the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you in all truth. The Holy Spirit plays a crucial role in illuminating scripture and providing personal direction. In practical terms, seeking God the counsel evolves prayer for the identifying individuals who exhibit spiritual maturity and a strong understanding of scripture. It requires humility and a willingness to listen and consider advice, and when it challenges personal preferences, believers are encouraged to weigh weigh counsel against the truth of God's word and seek confirmation through prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit. Ultimately, seeking godly counsel is an expression of trust in God's wisdom and provision. It reflects a commitment to living a life that honors Him and aligns with His purposes. Okay, perfect so, and then six through seven is another one we have here God's assurance through Isaiah. It says, do not be afraid of the words you have heard. I will put his spirit in him so that he will hear a rumor and return to his own land. God's message to Isaiah reassures Hezekiah, reminding us that God is in control and his plans will prevail. Okay, yeah, so that's that's all I have for that part. Hezekiah's prayer in verse nineteen. Let me see if there's anything. Okay, let's let's go over this real quick, and then I'll go over, like you know, details of one through seven, and then we'll go to the next verse. The Book of Isaiah, one of the major prophetic books of the Old Testament, is a profound source of God's assurance to his people. Isaiah's whose name means the Lord is Salvation, serve as a prophet in Judah during the reigns of Isaiah, Jotham, AHAs, and Hezekiah. That's why I wanted to read this, so you guys see that Isaiah was the prophet during these reigns, and we're going over these kings, you know, so it's perfect. His message is delivered during a time of political turmoil and spiritual decline, are rich with promises of God's faithfulness, redemption, and a future glory and future glory sorry. One of the central themes in Isaiah is the assurance of God's presence and protection. In Isaiah forty one, verse ten, God speaks through the problem it's saying, do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will surely help you. I will uphold with my righteous hand, with my righteous right hand. This verse encapsulates the promise that God is ever present with his people, offering strength and support in times of fear and uncertainty. Isaiah also provides assurance of redemption and forgiveness. In Isaiah one, Pint. Eighteen, the Lord invites his people to reason together, saying, through your sin, though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow. Though they are red as crimson, they shall become like wool. This promise highlights God's willingness to forgive and cleanse his people from their sins, emphasizing his mercy and grace, and then in Isaiah nine six and seven, it's assurance of a future hope. Prophecies come of the Messiah child, who would be called Wonderful counselor Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. This prophecy assures the peace people of the future ruler who will establish justice and righteousness. Furthermore, Isaiah eleven six nine paints a picture of restored creation where peace and harmony prevail, symbolizing the ultimate fulfillment of God's promises. And then so through the prophetic ministry of Isaiah, God offers profound assurances of his people, addresses their fears, promising redemption, and pointing to a future filled with hope and restoration. These assurances continue to resonate with believers today, affirming God's faithfulness and sovereignty throughout history. All right, perfect, So let's go over a brief description of what we've read in Second Kings nineteen verses one through seven. Second Kings nineteen one through seven details King Hezekiah's response to the Assyrian siege of Jerusalem, humbling himself in sacloth, praying in the temple, and consulting the prophet Isaiah. The passage shows that in moments of utter despair, a day of desay, stress, rebuke, and disgrace, true faith turns to God for deliverance, receiving hope against impossible odds, humility in crisis. When Hezekiah hears the blasphemous threats of Assyrian rab Shakha, He tears his cloths and wears sackcloth. This signifies deep mourning, humiliation, and a recognition that only God can save them. Let me move this closer just in case. Turning to spiritual guidance verses two through four, instead of focusing solely on military strategy, Hezekiah sends to the prophet Isaiah. He recognizes his own helplessness, likening to a mother with no strength to deliver a baby, and ask for prayer to defend God's honor. And then in verse four, Hezekiah believes God will hear the insults and rebuke the Assyrians. He demonstrates faith that the covenant God of Israel is superior to the Assyrian Gods divine assurance in verses six through seven, Isaiah responds with God's comfort, do not be a frad God promises to intervene, revealing that he will cause Shena Cherub to hear a rumor return to his own land and fall by the sword God's sovereignty over arrogance. In verse seven, the Assyrian pride will be brought down by God, highlighting that God intervenes against those who blasphem me him. This passage acts as a lesson in trusting the divine power rather than human strength when facing impossible circumstances. Let's go ahead and go down to verse eight. Now shena Cherb's threat and Hezekiah's prayer. Then the rab Shaka returned and found the King of Assyria warring against Lebnah. For he heard that he had departed from Lashish. The king heard concerning Terkiah, king of Ethiopia. Look, he has come to make war with you. So he again sent messengers to Isekiah, saying, thus you shall speak to Hezekiah, King of Judah, saying do not let your God, in whom you trust, deceive you, saying Jerusalem shall not be given in to the hand of the King of Assyria. Look you have heard what the kings of Assyria have done to all the lands by utterly destroying them. And shall and shall you be delivered? Have the gods of the nations delivered? Have the gods of the nations delivered Those whom my fathers have destroyed goes In and Haran and Rezab Rezep, and the people of Eden who were in tell Us Aar. Where is the king of Hamath, the king of Arpad, and the king city of Saravim, Keina and Evah. All right, let's stop there real quick. Nope. My next notes is on fifteen through nineteen. Okay, And Hezekiah, this is a verse fourteen. And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers and read it. And Hezekiah went up to those went up to the house of the Lord and spread it before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord and said, O, Lord, God of Israel, the one who dwells between the CHERUBO you are God, you alone of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Incline your ear, O Lord, and here upon your open your eyes, oh Lord, see and hear the words of Senecherub, which he has sent to reapproach to living God. Truly, Lord, the kings of Assyria have laid waste, and the nations weighed lace. Oh Sorry, laid waste the nations and their lands, and have cast their gods into the fire. For they were not gods, but the work of man's hands, wood and stone. Therefore they destroyed them. Now therefore, oh Lord, Oh God, I pray save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you are the Lord God, You alone, Amen. So that's Hezekiah's prayer. Hezekiah's prayer in verse fifteen through nineteen is a model of faith and reliance on God, acknowledging his sovereignty and asking for deliverance in his name. Hezekiah's prayer is a significant event recorded in the Old Testament, highlighting the faith and reliance on God by King Hezekiah of Judah. This prayer is found in two main contexts, his plea for deliverance from a serious threat and his personal supplication for healing from terminal illness. These prayers are documented in the Books of Second Kings and Second Chronicles and Isaiah. Hezekiah reign is the king of Judah for approximately seven hundred and fifteen to six eighty six BC. He is noted for his religious reforms, including the removal of high places, the destruction of idols, and the restoration of temple worship. His reign is marked by a significant threat from the Assyrian Empire, which sought to conquer Jerusalem. Hezekiah's prayer for deliverance the first notable instance of Hezekiah's prayer occurs during the Assyrian siege of Jerusalem. Senecherub, the king of Assyria, sent a message to Hezekiah mocking his trust in God and demanding surrender. In response, Hezekiah went to the temple and spread the letter before the Lord, praying earnestly for deliverancecond Kings nineteen fifteen through nineteen records Hezekiah's prayer, which we already went over. The divine response will be recorded in second Kings nineteen thirty five through thirty six. So we will go ahead and go over that soon. And I'll just go over the significance of this. Hezekiah's prayer are exemplary of sincere faith and reliance on God in times of crisis. His prayers demonstrate a deep trust in God's sovereignty and power over all earthly matters. The accounts of his prayers and God's response serve as a testament to efficiency, efficiency of earnest prayer, and the faithfulness of God to his people. The next one's that we'll have some notes for us. I guess thirty five there, so nineteen thirty five, all right, well, perfect, So we went over that. Did we read the whole thing? Ye? We did read the whole thing. So let me go over a brief description of what we just read. Second Kings nineteen, verses eight through nineteen depicts King Haszekia, I have Judah facing severe threats from the Assyrian army, respond responding not with panic but by taking Shenna Cherub's taunting letters directly to the temple to pray. Hezekiah acknowledges God's supreme power over all earthly kingdoms, pleading for divine deliverance so that all nations might know that Yahweh alone is God. Key aspects of Second Kings nineteen eight through nineteen threat verses eight through thirteen. Shenna Cherub, king of Assyria, have already conquered nearby territories and other nations, sends messengers with a letter designed to intimidate Hezekiah. The letter mocks God, arguing that just another just as other nations Gods could not save them from Assyria, Yahweh cannot save Jerusalem. Big mistake, right. Hezekiah's faith response, Let me see this is I think the light might be down too far, but it's all right. Hopefully you guys can see me. Hezekiah's faith response and verses nine fourteen through nineteen. Instead of surrendering or relying on human alliances, Hezekiah goes to the House of the Lord and spreads the letter before God. The content of the prayer acknowledgment of God's sovereignty. Hezekiah addresses God as the entrone Lord and the one and the only true God, creator of heaven and earth. It says, dwells between the cheruboom, contrasting God with idols. He highlights that the gods of the nations destroyed by Assyria were merely wood and stone, whereas Yahweh is the living God the ultimate purpose. Hezekiah does not just ask for safety, but that God would say them that all the nations of the earth may know that thou art the Lord God, even though even thou only excuse me. This past emphasizes that prayer is the ultimate resource for the faithful when facing overwhelming crisis. It demonstrates that God's honor is paramount in prayer and true faith recognizes that while earthly powers may boost of their strength, there are nothing compared. They are nothing compared to the Creator. Sorry perfect all right, So let's go ahead and read verses twenty through what is it thirty four yep. Twenty through thirty four. Then Isaiah, the son of Amaz, sent to Hezekiah saying, thus, says the Lord, God of Israel, because you have prayed to me against Shenna Cherub, king of Assyria, I have heard. This is the word which the Lord has spoken concerning him. The Virgin, the daughter of Zion, has despised you, laughter you to scorn. The Daughter of Jerusalem has shaken her head behind your back. Whom have you reapproached and blasphemed against whom you have raised your voice and lifted up your eyes on high, against the Holy One of Israel. By your messengers, you have reapproached the Lord and said, by the multitude of my chariots, I have come up to the height of the mountains, to the limits of Lebanon. I will cut down its tall cedars and its choice cypress trees. I will enter the extremity of the borders to the fruitful forest. I have dug and drunk strange water. I have dug and drunk strange water, And with the soles of my feet I have dried up all the books of defense. Did you not hear long ago how I made it? From ancient times that I formed it. Now I have brought it to pass that you should but for crushing fortified cities in the heaps of ruins. Therefore your inhabitants had little power. They have dismayed and confounded. They were as grass to the field, and the green herb as the grass of the housetops, and grain blighted before it's grown, before it has grown. But I know your dwelling place. You're going out, and you're coming in, and your rage against me, because you're age against me, and your tolment have come up to my ears. Therefore I have put my hook in your nose and my brindle in your lips, and I will turn. I will turn you back by the way which you came. Then shall be a sign to you. You shall eat this year such as grows of itself, and in the second year what springs from the same. Also in the third year, so and reap plant beneyards, eat the fruit of them. And the remnant who have escaped to the house of Judas shall again take root downward and bear fruit upward. For out of Jerusalem shall go a remnant for those who escape from Mount Zion. The zeal of the Lord of Hosts will do this. Thus, Therefore, thus says the Lord concerning the King of Assyria, he shall come into the city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it and shield, Nor because a siege mount against it by the way that he came by the same shall he return. And he shall not come into this city, says the Lord. For I will defend the city to save it for my own sake and for my servant David's sake. Let's go all right, let's go ahead and check out. Okay, so let's go over a brief description of what we just read. Brad gillis, what's up, brother, I just got a text message from you. It's eight thirty eight. I just want to keep throwing. I was about to read it to you guys on tripping for me that I show the gospel. Bulldo that cool man. I'll have to read this in a moment here. Once I get down with this, I'll check it out. Brad. You just text me at eight forty eight. I know you're probably listening to this. Brad, so God bless you, Bro. I'll pray for you. I know something's just saying something about praying for you. But I want to make sure that I read this all the way through so I can pray for you properly. All right, So we finished twenty four, so let's go over a brief description we just read. And guys, I have a lot of energy, you know why, because today I got to kind of rest a little bit, so I feel really good. I feel really good today, so I feel like I'm reading better and I'm feeling like i'm kind of I have a lot more energy. I started the podcast a little bit early, so I feel pretty good right now. So just letting you guys know. Tewod King's nineteen twenty through thirty four records God's direct response through the prophet Isaiah to King Hezekiah's prayer promising that Jerusalem would not fall to the invading Assyrian army. God rebukes Assyria's pride, vows to protect the city of his own sake and David's sake, and assures that the enemy will not even enter, shoot an arrow or build a siege wrap against it. So key themes and meanings. So God's God hears prayer nineteen, verse nineteen sorry, chapter nineteen verse twenty, the promise begins with because you have prayed to me, highlighting the God's response responds to humble, faithful prayer. During Rebuke of Pride in verses twenty two through twenty eight, God mocks shene Cherub's arrogance, stating that the assyrians conquests were actually ordained by God, but now God will turn him back because of his blaspheming against the Holy One of Israel. And then in verses nineteen or sorry Yeah thirty two through thirty four, God promises total protections, saying Assyria will not enter Jerusalem, shoot an arrow, or build a siege mound. This demonstrates that God can protect his people without them needing to fight. For God's own sake. God defends Jerusalem to uphold his honor and fulfill his covenant with David, proving that he is the living God, unlike the idols of other nations. The passage describes a desperate situation where Assyria, having conquered many nations, surrounded Jerusalem. Hezekiah, having spread the defiant letters from Assyria before the Lord, has promised that the city will be spared. This prophecy sets this stage for the dramatic, miraculous destruction of the Syrian army. In the following the Assyrian army. Okay, so now we'll go ahead and read thirty five through thirty seven Shanna Cherab's defeat and death. And this is verse thirty five. And it came to pass on a certain night that the Angel of the Lord went out and killed in the camp of Assyrians one hundred and eighty five thousand. Wow. And when people arose early in the morning, there were corpses all dead. So Shena Cherib, king of Assyria, departed and went away, returned home and remained in Nineveh. Now it came to pass, as he was worshiping in the temple of Nisrath his God, that his sons Admiral Melek, Admirelek and Shahrazir struck struck him down with the sword. They escaped into the land of Ararat. The Aris shout on his son reigned in his place. So wow. So first of all, this is the Angel of the Lord. Okay. So that's interesting. This is he killed one hundred and eighty five thousand Assyrians. Okay. So you know, obviously, as trinitarians, a lot of us believe that that is that the Angel of the Lord and the Old Testament is Jesus. Okay, that's what some people believe. Some people don't believe that, you know, because angel doesn't mean like physical angel or cherubroom all the time. Uh. In Hebrew, angel can mean messenger of the Lord, right, So they say, you know, Jesus is the Word of God, so they would say that this is the you know, some people would say that this is Jesus. Quite interesting though that it's not capitalized. So usually when they're mentioning the Angel of the Lord, it's usually capitalized. So let me see what that says there, or Angel in nineteen thirty five. Let's see d d is. Oh, they actually do capitalize it down here in the footnotes. It says second King's nineteen thirty five or angel. So this is actually the reason why it's capitalized here is they're trying to show you that that's what they mean. So that's interesting, you know, if that is Jesus. Did Jesus come and kill one hundred and eighty five thousand men for God the Father? Kind of an interesting uh thing there? Okay, if this is just the Angel of the Lord and it's just like it is one of God's angels. God, you know, it killed in the camp of the Syrians one hundred and eighty five thousand men. So you can imagine a lot of people try to say, oh, well, angels are the same fallen angels are the same as demons, you know. But for me, an angel cannot inhabit a human. And I would say, an angel doesn't need a body to inhabit. You know, an angel has a body, right, So even when you talk about sodom Megamora, nowhere in the in sodom Megamora does it say that those two angels inhabited some human body and then left that human body. No, they had human bodies. So what they do is they shed their okaitarian, which is talked about in the Book of Jude. The okatarian is their heavenly bodies, and they come down to earth in a earthly body, and it's a human body. They look like humans and they walk the earth. So my whole point here is what's my whole point here? Don't remember how I was gonna land that plane the Angel of the Lord. Oh, I was just talking about how some people would say that angels are the you know that angels, fallen angels are the same as demons. But I mean, look at this, if this is an angel here Jesus, because I know that some people would say it is, some people will say it isn't. If it isn't and it is just an angel, imagine if a fallen angel was able to get into a human body, then you know, they could take out one hundred and eighty five thousand men at once. So I think that fallen angels and demons are two completely separate things. Okay, So for those that try to say that, I challenge you to understand that angels are very powerful. I don't believe that they would inhabit a human body, and you would just be like, well, you know, like how people are when they're you know, when they're demon possessed, they would probably be very intelligent, very smart, and they would probably you know, be able to take over stuff. You know, So who knows, you know, I don't. I just think that they're you know, I don't think an angel needs a body doing habit. That's why it says in Hebrews thirteen two that you entertain strangers because you never know when you're entertaining an angel and aware. Right, it's very interesting verse. But anyways, that probably has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but I thought it was interesting. But the part that I thought was very interesting is that he killed one hundred and eighty five thousand men. That is an army ready to attack. They've already tooken out a bunch of cities and they're there, they're all ready to go, and then all of a sudden boom, just all corpses. Very powerful, very powerful. Let's go over a little brief description of what we just read. God details Sorry, this details how God's supernatural intervention to save Jerusalem from the Assyrian army, fulfilling a promise to protect the city of his own sake and for King David's an angel. It says here an angel destroys one hundred and eighty five thousand Assyrian soldiers in one night, causing Snecherub to flee and later his sons to assassinate, improving God's sovereignty. Meaning sovereignty means that God gets involved in our lives, in human lives or earthly life. Right, God promises to defend Jerusalem personally, preventing the Assyrian king from entering the city, shooting an arrow or building a siege ramp. This action was to vindicate his name after shared Cherub Shenna Cherub's blasphemous tons. The Angel of the Lord destroys one hundred and eighty five thousand Syrian soldiers in a single night, delivering a swift, miraculous, and decisive defeat to the overwhelming army. Prophecy fulfillment a prophecy Shena Cherub, forced to abandon his siege, returns to Nineveh. While worshiping his false god. He is killed by his own son, by his own sons, confirming the prophecy that he would not succeed in taking Jerusalem and would perish in his own land. Sovereignty over history. This passage served as a reminder that God holds power over earthly empires, humbling proud pagan leaders to protect his people and covenant. Wow, so that's just amazing, and God's power is just miraculous, right, so God, God's deliverance the Knight, the Angel of the Lord went out and struck down one hundred and eighty five thousand men in the camp of Assyrians. This miraculous deliverance underscores God's power to save and his faithfulness to those who trust in him. So God's deliverance is talked. You know, it's talked about throughout the Old Testament. Some verses would be obviously Exodus fourteen thirteen through fourteen were. It records Moses's assurance to the Israelites. Right, So in this event is a foundational symbol of God's saving power and faithfulness. So it says God's deliverance promptly displayed in the Exodus narrative where God liberates the Israelites from Egyptian bondage. That's a good one. Then they have Psalms thirty four, verse seventeen. The righteous cry out the Lord hears he delivers them from all their troubles. And then similarly in Psalms eighteen to two, it says, the Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliver My God is my rock, and whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. And then we have Isaiah forty three, verses one through two, which says, but thus says the Lord, he who created you, oh Jacob, and he formed you, oh Israel, do not fear, for I have redeemed you I have called you by your name. You are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you go through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, and the flames will not set you a blaze. And then we have some examples in the New Testament of God's deliverance. Matthew one twenty one states, she will give birth to a son, and you will give him the name of Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins. And the New Testament God's deliverance is most fully realized in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Then, the apostle Paul frequently writes about delivery in his epistles, emphasizing the spiritual liberation believers experience through Christ. In Colossians one, verses thirteen through fourteen, Paul writes, He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Paul speaks of deliverance from physical danger and persecution, as seen in tewod Corinthians one, verse ten. He has delivered us from such deadly praeril, that he will deliver us. In him, we have placed our hope and will yet again deliver us. So for believers, the assurance of God's deliverance provides comfort and strengthen times of trouble. It encourages trust in God's promises and faithfulness, fostering a life of prayer, worship, and obedience. The reality of deliverance also CAUs believers to be agents of God's deliverance in the world, working for justice, peace, and the proclamation of the Gospel perfect. So now that we're done with nineteen, let's go over some practical applications. Turn to God first. In times of crisis, our first response should be seek God in prayer and humility, justice Aszekiah did. Surely seek God the wisdom. Surround yourself with wise godly counsel who can provide guidance and support during difficult times. Trust in God's sovereignty. Remember that God is in control even when circumstances seem overwhelming. Trust in His plans and timing, and then pray with faith. Approach God with prayers that acknowledge his greatness and seek his will, trusting in his ability to deliver so perfect. And let's go over some additional scriptures that connect. We have Philippians four, verses six through seven. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God Isaiah forty one to ten. Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your Lord. Then we have James five sixteen. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail. Okay, so we are done with chapter nineteen. Let's go now to chapter twenty, and let me just go over a brief introduction to Second King's twenty. Second King's twenty documents a period of crisis and recovery in the life of King Hezekiah. The chapter unfolds with Hezekiah's grave illness and his miraculous recovery, instigated by his fervent prayers and God's response through Prophet Isaiah. This healing is coupled with extraordinary event, with an extraordinary event, the reversal of time. However, the chapter concludes with a looming prophecy that the downfall of Jerusalem because of Hezekiah's prideful actions. So even though he does rely on God. Looks like he's gonna have some prideful actions, sir. Let's go ahead and check that out. And I think I do believe. I bring if it's talking about the sun moving backwards ten degrees. Actually I do go over this in biblical cosmology where I talk about how the sun moves. Okay, which whether it's flat or globe can still be true.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Geocentric is something that a lot of people do believe, and not a lot of people, but people do believe. Even scientists do believe that. So that's what I do believe. Biblically, I believe the sun is moving and that the earth is fixed and immovable. Let's go ahead and read Second Kings, verse twenty. In those days, Hezekiah was sick and near death, and Isaiah, the prophet, the son of Amas, went to him and said to him, thus says the Lord set your house in order, for you shall die and not live. Then he turned his face toward the wall and prayed to the Lord, saying, remember, now, o Lord, I pray why I have before you in truth with a loyal heart, and have done what was good in your sight. And Hezekiah wept bitterly. And it happened before Isaiah had gone on to the middle of the court, that the word of the Lord came to him, and saying, return and tell Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Thus says the Lord, the God of David, your father, I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears. Surely I will heal you. On the third day, you shall go up to the house of the Lord, and I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the King of Assyria. I will defend this city for my own sake and for the sake of my servant David. Then Isaiah said, take a lump of figs, so that so they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered. And Hezekiah said to Isaiah, what is the sign that the Lord will heal me? Heal me that I shall go up to the house of the Lord the third day. And Isaiah said, this is the sign to you from the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing which he has spoken. Shall the shadow of shall this shadow go forward ten degrees or go backward ten degrees? And Hezekiah answered, it is easy for the shadow to go down ten degrees, but but not let the shadow go backward ten degrees. So Isaiah the prophet cried out to the Lord, and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down on the sundial of has. Okay, so he's basically bringing the sun backwards ten degrees. That's very interesting. So instead of it going forward, he said that it'd be easy for that to go forward, but hard for it to go backwards. So that's what he's saying. So God said, all right, I'll bring it backwards ten degrees for which it had gone down on the sundial of Haz. Very interesting stuff right there, right, So we'll go over some notes on that. So Hezekiah's illness and prayer in those days, Hezekiah became mortally ill. The prophet is son of Amas, came to him and said, this is what the Lord says. Put your house in order, for you are about to die and you will not recover Second King's twenty verse one. Despite the grim prognosis, Hezekiah turns to God in prayer, demonstrating his faith and dependence on the Lord. Okay, So the illness in the fourteenth year of his reign, Hezekiah became gravely ill. The prophet Isaiah, son of Amas, came to him with the message from the Lord. Put your house in order, for you are about to die and you will not recover. This pronouncement was a test of Hezekiah's faith in reliance on God. Hezekiah's prayer. Upon receiving the dire message, Hezekiah turned his faith to the wall and prayed to the Lord the earnestly pleaded, Please, Oh Lord, remember how I have walked before you faithfully, with wholehearted devotion. I have done what is good in your sight. Hezekiah's prayer was marked by a humility and a sincere appeal to God's mercy, reflecting his deep personal relationship with the Lord God's response. Before i Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him again, instructing him to return to Hezekiah with a new message. I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you on the third day. For now you will go up to the house of the Lord. I will add fifteen years to your life. This divine intervention highlights God's response to sincere prayer and his power to alter the course of human events. The sign of the sundal is a sign of his purpose. God provided a miraculous sign. He causes sundow on the shadow on the sun dial of a house to go back ten steps, a supernatural event that confirmed his word to Hezekiah. This served as a tangible assurance of God's faithfulness and his control over creation. All right, so, in response to his healing, Hezekiah proposed a psalm of thanksgiving record in Isaiah thirty eight, Verses nine through twenty. He praised God for his deliverance and expressed his renewed commitment to live faithfully. Hezekiah acknowledged the Lord's mercy, stating the living the only the living, only the living can thank you as I do today. Fathers, tell your children about your faithfulness. Lessons from Hezekiah's illness and prayer. Hezekiah's experience underscores the power of prayer and the importance of faithfulness to God. His account serves as a reminder that God is attentive to the prayers of his people and is capable of performing miracles in response to their faith. Hezekiah's life was extended, and his reign continued to be marked by efforts to lead you to and righteousness and devotion to the Lord. All right, let's go back back to the notes.
Speaker 2: Sh so you have.
Speaker 1: God's response to the prayer. Before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, go back into Isekiah, the leader of my people. This is what the Lord, the God your father David says, I have heard your prayer. I've seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you. God hears the prayer and grants him additional fifteen years, showing his compassion and willingness to intervene. Okay, so we have that the sign on the shadow on the son's shadow, This is the sign to you from the Lord that he will do what he has promised. I will make this shadow cast by the son go back the steps ten steps as it descended on the stairway of a Haas Second Kings twenty verse nine through eleven. God provides a miraculous sign to confirm his promise, emphasizing his control over creation and his faithfulness to his word. The sign of the Son's shadow is a miraculous event recording the Old Testament. Specifically in the books of Second Kings in Isaiah, this event is associated with King Hezekiah of Judah and serves as a divine confirmation of God's promise to extend the king's life. Accounts of the sign of the Sun's shadow was found in Second Kings twenty verses eight to eleven and Isaiah seven and eight thirty eight, seven and eight and these passages, King Hezekiah falls gravely ill, and the prophet Isaiah is sent by God to inform him that he will not recover. However, upon Hezekiah's fervent prayer and repentance, God decides to heal him and adds fifteen years to his life. To confirm the promise, God offers Hezekiah a sign. Hezekiah's given a choice. The shadow on the stairway or sundow of a ass can either move forward ten steps or backward than ten steps. Hezekiah chooses the latter, reasoning that it is more difficult and unmistakable. Sign. In response, hold on, I just got an alarm. Heck, sorry, guys, God offers hezekiahs sign. Hezekiah is given a choice, the shadow of ten degrees backwards. Hezekia chooses the latter, reasoning that is more difficult than unmistakable sign and response. God causes the sun the shadow to move backward ten steps, a supernatural event that defies the natural order and serves as a powerful testament to God's sovereignty and faithfulness. The sign of the Sign of the Sun's Shadow is significant for several reasons. Firstly, it underscores God's control over creation. By altering the natural progression of the Sun's shadow, God demonstrates his authority over time and space, reinforcing the belief in his omnipotence. Secondly, the event highlights the power of prayer and repentance. Hezekiah's sincere prayer and humble repentance lead to a divine intervention that only heals him, but also provides a miraculous sign. This emphasizes the importance of a personal relationship with God and the efficiency of prayer in the life of a belief. Thirdly, the sign serves as a confirmation of God's promises in the context of Hezekiah's illness. The backward movement of the shadow is a tangible assurance of God's word to extend the king's life. This reinforces reliability of God's promises and his faithfulness to his covenant people. The sundial or stereoy of a has mentioned in the account is believed to be a form of timekeeping device used in ancient Judah. The exact nature of this device is not detailed in the biblical texts, but it likely involves a series of steps or a structure that cast a shadow to indicate the time of the day. In the ancient Near Eastern context, celestial phenomena were often interpreted as omens or signs from the divine realm. The miraculous alteration of the sun's shadow would have been perceived as a significant and awe inspiring event, further validating the divine message derived by Isaiah. The sign of the sun's shadow is theometrically theomatically thema the meticularly I don't know thema thematically linked to other biblical accounts of miraculous signs and wonders, such as the parting of the Red Sea in Exodus fourteen twenty one through twenty four and the stopping of the sun in the sky during Joshua's battle at Gibbeon Joshua ten verses twelve through fourteen. These events collectively illustrate God's intervention in human's history and his ability to manipulate natural laws for his purposes. Additionally, the event of a precursor to the New Testament emphasizes on signs and wonders accompanying the mystery of Jesus Christ and the Apostles, serving as evidence of divine authority and the breaking of God's kingdom. The sign of the sun Shadows remains a profound testament to God's power, faithfulness, and transformative potential of prayer. It continues to inspire believers to trust in God's promises and seek his intervention in times of need. Very interesting, guys, I love that part because it's like, man, it's miraculous. I don't know what the sun dial look like, or if it was like steps and maybe like as the steps moved up, you know, the shadow moved up, maybe like they would count the steps and know the time. I don't know what it looked like. But really, what it seems to me is God actually moved the sun. Had the sun moved backwards ten degrees. I don't know what that really means because I don't know what the sun dial look like. But I do know that that's very interesting. It seems that the Sun is moving and not the Earth. That's what I perceive from it. But like I said, I'm gonna go search and see what's going on with the Earth. And you know, I'm gonna go instead of just talking on a podcast like we all do. I want to go out there and actually find out what's really happening. But just because if I do see the sun, do that and let's say, like some crazy thing it is a globe, what I would say is now I have to look into geocentricity, you know, like I gotta look into that. I gotta look in that deep, you know, because I'm I gotta see what's going on with geocentricity now at that point, because because the verses like this, because the versus like Joshua ten to twelve, where he says he stops the moon in the sun from moving, whether they avenge their enemies in the Valley of AHAs you know, or Edgi I think it is, I can't remember. But anyways, so just stuff like that that's just so interesting to me. So all right, I went over some of the teaching points and let me just go over a brief description of what we just read. In Second Kings twenty verses one through eleven, it recounts King Hezekiah's mortal illness, his fervent prayer for life, and God's promised to heal him in add fifteen years to his life. God validates this promise through a miraculous sign, moving the shadow on backward on a half sun dial, showcasing his sovereignty over time, illness, and assyria key meanings and lessons. Hezekiahs weeping prayer prompted God to change the immediate outcome, demonstrating God's God hears and responds to desperate, faithful intercession, God's grace and sovereignty. Despite the initial prophecy of death, God granted an extension of life, showing mercy. God's command to put your house in order implies the importance of spiritual and practical preparation for death, ensuring affairs are settled. The Sundial miracle demonstrated that God is in control of creation, offering assurance of his word. The narrative emphasized relying on God during national distress. The Syrian threat of personal integrity or personal tragedy Hezekiah was ultimately healed and God confirmed his promise. Sorry, let me put this back in here. It just came out. Come on, there we go. Okay, Hezekiah was ultimately healed and God confirmed his promise, reflecting both judgment and grace was the illness, and grace was the healing. All right, So let me take a drink some water. Thank you. All right, let's go ahead and start reading verses twelve through nineteen. Now, Babylonian envoys at that time Barro doc Baladain, the son of Baladan, King of Babylon, sent letters and he present to Hezekiah, for he heard that Hezekiah had been sick. And Hezekiah was attentive to them, and showed them all the house of his treasures, the silver and gold, the spices and precious ointment, and all his armory, all that was found among his treasures. There was nothing in his house or in all his dominion that Hezekiah did not show them. Then Hezekiah the Prophet went to King Hezekiah and said to them, then a lot. Then Isaiah the Prophet went to King Hezekiah and said to him, what did these men say? And from from where did they come to you. So Hezekiah said, they came from a far country from Babylon. And he said, and he said that. He said, they came from a far country from Babylon. And he said, what have they seen in your house? So Hezekiah answered, they have seen all that is in my house. There is nothing among my treasures that I have not shown them. Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, hear the word of the Lord. Behold, the days are coming when all that is in your house and which your fathers have accumulated until this day, shall be carried to Babylon. Nothing shall be left, says the Lord. And they shall take away some of your sons who will descend from you, whom you will begat they shall they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the King of Babylon. So Hezekiah said to Isaiah, the word of the Lord which you have spoken, is good. For he said, whether it be not, whether or not, be peace and truth, and at last in these days, okay. So Hezekiah's pride and Consequences. Later in the chapter, Hezekiah's pride leads him to show his treasures to the envoys from Babylon, resulting in a prophecy of future exile for Judah. This serves as a cautionary tale about the dangers of pride and complacency. Hezekiah, the son of a Has was the thirteenth King of Judah and reign during a period marked by both spiritual revival and personal failure. His account personal failure. His account is primarily recorded in Second Kings eighteen through twenty Second Chronicles twenty nine through thirty two in Isaiah thirty six through thirty nine. Hezekiah and is often remembered for his faithfulness to God, his reforms in his miraculous healing. However, his life also serves as a consternary tale about the dangers of pride and its consequences. Hezekiah ascended to the throne of Judah at the age of twenty five and reigned for twenty nine years. He has noted for his zealous first to restore the worship of Yahweh persihing idolatry from the land and reinstating the passover. Second Chronicles thirty verses one through twenty seven is where that's talked about. His trust in God was evident when he faced the Assyrian threat under King Shennecherb. Hezekiah's prayer of reliance on God led to her miraculous deliverance, which we talked about earlier in Second King's nineteen thirty five The Incident of pride. Despite his faithfulness, Hezekiah la Later years he married he marred by an ancient incident of pride. After his miraculous recovery from a terminal illness, Hezekiah received envoys from Babylon. In a moment of pride and vanity, he showed them all the treasures of his kingdom. This act of indiscretion was a display of self glorification rather than giving glory to God. The prophet Isaiah confronted Hezekiah, delivering a message of impeding judgment. In Second Kings twenty verse seventeen, which we went over what are the consequences of pride? Has aek Hezekiah's pride had significant consequences for the future of Judah, Although the judgment was postponed during his lifetime, The prophecy foretold the babylon exile, which would occur several generations later. This serves as a sobering reminder of how personal pride can can have far reaching efforts beyond his own life. Hezekiah's repentance he is talked about in Second Chronicles thirty two, Verse twenty six says, upon hearing Isaiah's prophecy, hezekile humble himself before the Lord. Then Hezekiah repented of the pride of his heart, as did the Lord of Jerusalem, so the wrath of the Lord did not come upon them during the days of Hezekiah. His repentance delayed the judgment, demonstrating God's mercy and the power of genuine contrition. Hezekiah's life illustrates the importance of humility and the dangers of pride. While while he was king who sought to honor God, moment of pride serves as a warning to all believers. The narrative underscores the biblical principle that pride goes before destruction and hatty before the fall Proverbs sixteen, verse eighteen. Hezekia's accounting courage the believers to remain vigilant with their walk with God, continually seeking his glory above their own. Yes, that's one thing. So that's right. When someone tells you, like, hey, good job, or you know, hey, that that was great, whatever you always say, well, all glory to God, you know, because you don't want to have pride. Pride is something that can come upon people like pastors teachers of the word. But what people got to understand is that pastors or everybody is they're all the same, you know, They're just that's their gift. God has given them a gift to teach, right, and a gift to be a pastor. But they're no, they're not. They're nothing better than than somebody that's being a usher at a church, or somebody that's you know, doing children's ministry, or someone that is spreading the gospel and evangelizing or doing any of the gifts of the spirit. They're the same. And what happens is some people they build, uh, they build this this thing up with pastors where they're like they're trying to put them on a higher level than than other people. But they're actually just normal people. You know that. That's what we got to understand. I got the opportunity, I was blessed with the opportunity to during COVID my they shut down all the gyms you know, all around because of COVID, right, they're shutting the gyms down. So I have a gym in my garage. So I was able to spend some time with my pastor of Calbrid Chapel Fontana. It's a pastor, Daniel Vasquez, and and I really got to uh be with him on a different level, you know, where we're just talking as men, uh in the gym, working out, and I got to kind of learn, uh some things from him, you know that that that really will stick with me, you know. And one thing about it is is, uh, he is just he's just he's he's a man, just like all of us. You know. Pastors are just men, just like all of us. You know, so they do get judged, you know, seven times. You know, they get judged more. You know. It says that in the Book of James, like now, teaching is not for everybody. So it was just great to be able to spend some time with my pastor outside of church where we're actually just talking as men, and just to kind of see how he is outside of you know, the church atmosphere. So uh, it's cool to get to know people on that level, uh, and and not just the level of watching somebody up on a pulpit just teaching the whole time, you know, and uh, the cool thing about Pastor Daniel Vasquez is that he lives it, you know. He doesn't just talk. He lives it, you know, and it's amazing to see. So, uh, my whole point there is that we have to understand that everybody's just just people. They're they're men, just like everybody else. We shouldn't put people on pedestals because they're just men like all of us. They just have a different gift and God puts them in the situation to teach like that. So we need to make sure that we don't give too much glory to men. We got to give glory to God, right, So that's my whole point there. Let me go over a brief description of what we just read. So and second Kings twenty verses twelve through nineteen describes King Hezekiah's foolish mistake in showing all his treasures to Babylon to Babylonian envoys after his miraculous healing. This act of prideful vanity led to the prophet Isaiah to prophesy that all Judah's wealth and descendants would eventually be carried off to Babylon. It serves as a warning against selflessly trusting in worldly alliances over God's protection. Following his recovery, as Akia sought to impress Babylonian messengers representing your rising power by showcasing his wealth rather than glorifying God for his healing, feled stewardship. Instead of using his resources for God's purposes, Hezekiah viewed them as his own and displayed, leading to a loss of perspective. Isaiah predicts that the very notion Hezekia attempted to woo Babylon will later concur conquer Judah, take its treasures, and turn his descendants into eunuchs in the Babylonian Palace. Short sighted response. Hezekiah's response to the prophecy with a sense of relief that there would be a piece of security during his own lifetime, revealing a degree of apathy toward the future suffering of his descendants. The trap of success. This narrative illustrates how faithful leaders can falter after experiencing divine blessing, highlighting the temptation to take credit for God's gifts, which we shouldn't do. The envoys, the delegation that was sent by Meredoch Baladan, the king of Babylon, likely looking for allies against Assyria. The lesson the passage acts as a turning point, marking a shift toward the eventual Babylonian captivity. So let's go ahead and go to first King's twenty, verse twenty. Now the death of Hezekiah. Now the rest of the acts of Hezekiah, all his might and how he made a pool in a tunnel and brought the water into the city. They are not written in the book of Are they not written in the book of chronicles of the Kings of Judah. So Hezekiah rested with his father's then Manassai the sun reigned in his place. Okay, so that is the end of chapter twenty. Let's go over some practical applications turned to God in times of crisis. Like Hezekiah, we should bring our concerns and fears to God in prayer, trusting in his power and compassion. Next, trust in God's promises. God's faithfulness to his promises is unwavering. We can rely on his word and trust that he will fulfill what he has spoken. Next, guard against pride. We must remain humble and vigilant, recognizing that pride can lead to spiritual downfall and negative consequences. Seek God's signs and confirmation. While we should not demand signs, we can ask God for confirmation and guidance in our decisions and trust that He will lead us. Okay, now let's go over some additional scriptures that connect James five, verse sixteen. The prayer of righteous man has great power to prevail. This verse underscores the effectiveness of fervent prayer as demonstrated by Hezekiah. Next would be Proverbs sixteen, verse eighteen. Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before the fall. The proverb aligns with Hezekiah's experience and serves as a warning against pride. And then the next one is Isaiah thirty eight, verses one through eight. These passages provide a parallel account of Hezekia's illness and recovery, offering additional insights into his prayer. In God's response, so one through eight, I'll read it real quick. It says, in those days Hezekiah became mortally ill. This is the verse one of Isaiah thirty eight. The prophet Isaiah, son of Amas, came to him and said, this is what the Lord says. Put your house in order and you, for you are about to die and you will not recover. Then Hazekai turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, saying, please, oh Lord, remember how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion. I have done what is good in your sight. And has Aekaia wept bitterly. And then verse four it says, and the Lord of the and the word of the Lord came to Isaiah, saying, go and tell Hazekaia that this is what the Lord, the God of your father David says. I have heard your prayer and I have seen your tears. Behold, I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will deliver you to the city from the hand of the King of Assyria. I will defend the city. This will be a sign to you from the Lord, and he will go as he had promised. And I will make the sun's shadow that falls on the staway of a has go back ten steps. So the sunlight went back the ten steps it had descended, and it had descended. Okay, So that is one of the verses that they were giving an additional scripture to go to kind of similar to what we read, but you know, gives it, you know, just a little insight on it. So that is everything in for chapter twenty. Now let's go ahead and go to chapter twenty one. Let me just bring it up on the screen for those that are able to see. All right, so let's go over a brief introduction for chapter twenty one. So the twenty first chapter of Second Kings chronicles the reigns of Manassa and Amen, two kings of Judah who walked a path contrary to God's commandments. It's a tumultuous time of idolatry and divine prophetic warnings leading to account of great sin and missed opportunities for redemption. So yeah, they missed up. They missed opportunities for redemption, which is not good. So let's go ahead and start rating here. We'll read one through nine here and then I have some notes, and then we'll read ten through seventeen. After that, Manassai reigns in Judah. Manassai was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned fifty five years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Hefzibal, and he did evil in the side of the Lord. According to the abominations of the nations whom the Lord had cast out before the children of Israel. For he rebuilt the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed. He raised up altars for bail and made a wooden image, as Ahab, king of Israel, had done, and he worshiped all the hosts of Heaven and served them. He also built altars in the House of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, in Jerusalem, I will put my name. And he built altars for the host of Heaven and the two courts of the House of the Lord. Also he made his sons pass through the fire, practice sussaying, use witchcraft, and consulted spiritus and mediums. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger. He even said a carved image of Astraau that he had made in the house of which the Lord had said to David and Solomon his son, in this house and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put my name forever. And I will not make the feet of Israel wander anymore from the land which I gave to their fathers. Only if they are careful to do according to all that I commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them. For they paid no attention, and Manassa seduced them to do even more evil than the nations whom the Lord had destroyed before the chosen of Israel. You see what's happening here. Wow, So let's go ahead and stop there. So Manassa's reign and idolatry. Manassa was twelve years old when he became king. He reigned in Jerusalem fifty five years. I'm reading out of my notes now. His mother's name was Hevsibah. Despite his long regn si, Manassai's leadership was marked by evil practices, including reintroduction of idolatry and pagan worship in Judah. Manassai, the son of Hezekiah, was the fourteenth king of Judah and is often remembered for his extensive reign marked by idolatry and apostasy. His reign is detailed in the Biblical accounts of Second Kings and Second Chronicles, where he is depicted as a ruler who led Judah into a period of spiritual decline. Manassa's actions had profound implications for the spiritual state of the nation and its relationships with God. Manassai ascended to the throne at the tender age of twelve, following the death of his father Hezekiah, a king noted for his faithfulness to Yahweh and religious reforms. Manassai's reign lasted fifty five years, making it the longest of any king of Judah. Despite his father's legacy, Manassai's rule is characterized by stark departure from the worship of Yahweh, idolatry, and apostasy. Manassai's reign is infamous for his promotion of idolatry. He rebuilt the high place is that his father Haszekaia had destroyed, erected altars to bail, and made an astroth poll as Ahab, king of Israel, had done. He also worshiped all the kings and the hosts that served them Second Kings twenty one, verse three. The king's action were a direct violation of the first Commandment, which forbids the worship of other gods. Moreover, Manassai desecrated the temple of the Lord by building altars in its course. For all the hosts of heaven. So host of heaven are the armies of heaven, right, they're not talking about He's not building altars for the host of heaven like the angels in heaven. He's building altars for the host of heaven that are in high places that are talked about in Ephesians six, verses ten through eighteen. He's building altar to them. Okay, so give me one second. I don't know why, but give me one moment. So all right, guys, that was actually my calling, letting me know that somebody's in the neighborhood right now riding around. You want to make sure that I locked my car. So he was just giving me a warning. So that was an important call to take. Okay, And I know he's only calls for those kind of things, but okay, let's go out and continue. So moreover, an ass I dessecrated the temple of the Lord by building altars and its course for all the host of heaven. And what I was saying is that is not taught. That's what I'm saying. There's principalities of evil in high places, right, So he's building altars to them, right, that's what he's talking about. And then in a second King's twenty one, verse five, Okay, and then he practiced witchcraft, divination, and consulted mediums and spiritualists, further provoking the Lord to anger. Okay, So we know that that's forbidden obviously in any of that stuff. And it's interesting he's practicing witchcraft, you know, divination and consulting mediums and spiritists, you know. As we know with Saul, he also did that right to try to bring Samuel up, the prophet, right, and he did talk to a spirited a divination and the woman brought up Samuel, and then all of a sudden, the next day Saul gets killed him and his son. And that's what Samuel told them, tomorrow, You're going to die on the battlefield with you and your son. So that happened with Saul as well. Right, So it says the king even sacrifices his own son to the fire, detestable practice associated with the worship of the ammonite god Moloch. So he's doing that as well. So impact on Judah. Manasa's idolatry led Judah into a period of moral and spiritual decay. The king's action did not influence the people to not only influence people to sin, but also set a president for future generations. The Bible records that Manassa led Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem astray, causing them to do more evil than the nations of the Lord had destroyed before. The Israelites. Second Chronicles thirty three, verse nine spoke through his prophet's warning of impeding judgment to manassize abominationshet the prophets declared that God would bring such disaster upon Jerusalem and Judah with the ears of those who hear, who hear it would tingle second Second Kings twenty one, verse twelve. Despite these warnings of Manassai continued in his ways, leading to the eventual downfall of Judah. All right, so repentance and restoration and surprising turn of events, Manassai experience a personal transformation later in his life. I don't want to give you any spoiler alerts, so we'll just go down to the bottom, and says legacy. Manassa's reign serves as a sobering reminder of the consequences of turning away from God and potential for redemption through repentance. His life illustrates the profound impact a leader can have on a nation's spiritual direction and the enduring mercy of God towards those who earnestly seek him. Despite his late late repentance, the seeds of idolatry sown during Manassai's reign contributed to the eventual judgment and exile of Judah. All right, so next we'll talk about the desecration of the temple. Manassa defiled the Temple of the Lord by setting up altars to bel an Asteroth even within the temple courts, which was a direct violation of God's commandments. So the descration of temple is a significant theme in Biblical history, symbolizing the violation of sacred space dedicated to the worship of God. This act is often associated with idolatry, sacrilege, and the defilement of what is holy. The Temple in Jerusalem, originally built by King Solomon, served as the central place of worship for the Israelites and was considered the dwelling place of God's presence on earth. Historical instances of this One of the most notorious instances the temple desecration occurred during the reign of Antioch Epiphus Helies Hellenistic king of the Seleucid Empire. As part of his campaign to Hellenize the Jewish people, Antios erected an altar to Zeus and the Temple and sacrifice swine on it, an act of profound sacrilege to the Jewish faith. This event is detailed in the apocryphal books of First and Second Macapees and is referred to as the abomination of desolation in the Book of Daniel eleven thirty one, which states his forces will rise up and desecrate the temple fortress. They will abolish the daily sacrifice and set up abomination of desolation. That's what some people refer to as the abomination of desolation. Not all people, but some. And then the Roman desecration in eighty seventy. The Roman discretion destruction of the Second Temple in eighty seventy is another pivotal moment of desecration. Following a Jewish revolt, Roman forces led by General Titus, besieges Jerusalem, ultimately destroying the temple. This event has fulfilled Jesus prophecy in the New Testament, where he warned the Temple's impeding destruction twenty four to two, where he says, do you see all these things? Truly? I tell you, not one stone will be left on another. Everyone will be thrown down. Okay, So restoration and hope Despite the desecration, the Bible also speaks of restoration and hope. The Maccabeing revolt led to the rededication of the temple, celebrating the Jewish festival of Hanukkah. Similarly, prophetic visions in Isaiah and Revelations speak of a future restored temple, symbolizing God's ultimate victory and establishment of his eternal kingdom. Ezekiel thirty seven twenty eight declares, then the nations will know that I am the Lord, make Israel holy when my sanctuary is among them forever. Okay. So that's just talking about desecration of temple in other parts of history, okay. And then in verse nine it says Manassa led them astray, so they did more evil than the nations of the Lord had destroyed before the Israelites. His actions have profound negative influences on the people Judah, leading them further away from God. Influences on the nation. The concept of influence on a nation is a reoccurring theme throughout the Bible, whereas the individual leaders and entire communities impact the spiritual morale and political direction of their societies. This influence can be seen in a positive both positive and negative lights, as the actions of faithfulness of God's people often determine the blessings of judgments that befall on a nation. Positive influence has happened, like Joseph in Egypt in Genesis thirty nine through forty one. Also Daniel and babylon Is unworthy in faith and wisdom had a profound impact on the Babylonian Persian empires and Daniel six twenty six through twenty seven. Then Esther in Persia, Esther's courage and strategic influence save the Jewish people from annihilation. Her position as queen allowed her to advocate for her people, demonstrating how God can use individuals and positions of influence to fulfill his purposes. The negative influence of biblical examples would be Jerebom's idolatry. Jereboom, the first king of the Northern Kingdom of Issuel, led the nation in idology by establishing golden cast for worship and first Kings twelve twenty eight through thirty Ahab and Jezebel. King Ahab and his wife Jezebel had a determinatial influence on Israel by promoting the worship of Bail and persecuting the prophets of God. Their reign is marked by moral and spiritual decline, which brought about severe consequences for the nation. First King sixteen thirty thirty three. Then the influence of false prophets throughout the Old Testament. False prophets often led the people astray of Israel austray, encouraging them to forsake God's commandments and follow other gods. This negative influence contributed to the nation's downfall and exile in Jeremiah twenty three, sixteen through seventeen. In summary, the Bible presents a comprehensive view of how individuals and leaders can influence the nation for better or for worse. Therefore, through examples of both righteous and unrighteous influenced, scripture underscores the importance of aligning with God's will to ensure the spiritual morale health of a nation. All right, there we go. Next up, we're gonna read ten through seventeen. Tewod King's twenty one ten says and the Lord spoke by his servants the prophets, saying, because Manassai, king of Judah, has done these abominations, he has acted more wikedly than all the Amorites who were before him, and he has also made Judas sin with his idols. Therefore, thus says the Lord is the verse twelve, God of Israel. Behold, I am bringing such calamity upon Jerusalem and Judah that whoever hears it, both his ears will tingle, and I will stretch over Jerusalem the measuring line of Samaria and the plummet of the House of Ahab. I will wipe Jerusalem as one wipes a dish, wiping it and turning it upside down. So I will forsake the remnant of my inheritance and deliver them into the hand of the enemies. And they shall become victims of plunder to the enemies, because they have done evil in my sight and have provoked me to anger since the day their fathers came to Egypt, even to this day. Moreover, this is verse sixteen. Manassai shed very much in innocent blood till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to the other. Besides his sins by which he made judas sin in doing evil in the side of the Lord verse seventeen. Now the rest of the acts of Manassai and all he did and the sin that he committed, are they not written in the book of Chronicles of the Kings of Judah. So Manassai rested with his fathers and was buried in the garden of his own house and the garden of Uza, and his son Amon reigned in his place. Okay, so let's go over a brief description of what we just read. Tewod king Is twenty one one through seventeen details the exceedingly wicked fifty five year reign of King Manassai, who reversed his father Hezekiah's reforms by establishing rampant rampant idolatry, engaging in a cult practice of sacrificing his children, placing pagan idols inside the Jerusalem Temple. This systematic desecration and shedding of innocent blood caused God to declare judgment on Judah, promising to destroy Jerusalem for their sins. Unprecedented wickedness. Manassai did evil in the sight of the Lord following the abomination of the nations of God. Had driven out, going further than any predecessor, defiling the temple, he rebuilt high places, worshiped the host of Heaven, and placed a carved image of Astroot inside the temple, turning it into a place of false worship, occult and bloodshed. Manassi practiced sorcery, consulted mediums, and sacrificed his own son to Moloch. Judgment pronounced God likened the coming punishment of the destruction of Samaria the Northern kingdom, and declared that he would wipe Jerusalem as a man wipe at a dish final accountability. Because of Manassa's actions, Judah was led into greater sin than the Heathens, making the eventual exile inevitable, despite later reforms by his grandson Josephah. All right, so interesting stuff. Now let's go ahead and jump to amen Amen's reign and death. So Verse nineteen says Amen was twenty two years old when he became king, and he reigned two years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was meth Suma meth meth Shulameth, the daughter of Haraz of Jatbah, and he did evil in the side of the lord. His father, Manassa had done so, he walked in all the ways that his father had walked, and he served the idols that his father had served, and worshiped them. He forsook the Lord God of his father's and he did not walk in the way of the Lord. Then the servants, then the servants of Amen, conspired against him and killed the king of his own house. But the people of the land executed all those who had conspired against King Amen. Then the people of the land made his son, Josiah, king of his place. Now the rest of the acts of Amen which he did are they not written in the book of Chronicles the Kings of Judah. And he was buried in his tomb in the garden of Uzah. Then Josiah, his son reigned in his place. So let me go to my teaching points. Aimen's short reign. Amon, the son of Manassaia and the grandson of Hezekiah, was the fifteenth king of Judah. His reign is recorded in the Old Testament, specifically in Second Kings twenty one nineteen through twenty six and Second Chronicles thirty three twenty one through twenty five. Amen ascended to the throne at the age of twenty two and reigned for a brief period of two years in Jerusalem. Aimen's father, Manassai, was known for his long reign and for leading Judah anti idolatry, Although he repented later in life, Amen, however, did not follow on the footstep of his grandffather Hezekiah, who is a reformer and a devout follower of Yahweh. Instead, Aimen continued the idolatrous practices initiated by his father before his repentance. He did evil in the side of the Lord, and his father of Manassa had done Second King's twenty Verse twenty one twenty. Religious practices in idolatry. Amen's reign was marked by a contribution of the pagan practices that had been prevalent during the early years of Manassa's rule. He worshiped the idols that his father had served and did not humble himself before the Lord. The chronicler notes he did not humble himself before the Lord as his father Manassa had done. Instead, Aimen increased his guilt Second Chronicles or thirty three twenty three. This persistent and idolagy and rejection of the covenant with Yahweh contributed to the moral and spiritual decline of Judah during his reign, assassination, and aftermath. Amen's reign came to an abrupt end when he was assassinated by his own officials in his place in his palace. The reasons for the conspirator The reasons for this conspiracy are not detailed in the biblical texts, but it reflects the instability and dissatisfaction was within the kingdom. Following his assassination, the people of the land executed those who had conspired against him and placed to send Josiah on the throne. This account in Second King's twenty one twenty four states, then the people of the land killed all who had conspired against King Amen, and they made his son Josiah king in this place legacy. Aimin's short reign is often overshadowed by the subsequent reign of his son Josiah, who became one of King's most righteous kings, which we're going to read about soon. Amen's failure to lead Judah in the ways of the Lord serves as a cautionary tale of the consequences of idolatry and disobedience to God's commands. His reign is a reminder of the importance of faithfulness to the covenant and the impact of leadership on the spiritual direction of the nation. All right, so let's go over a brief description of what we just read. Second Kings twenty one, twenty nine through twenty six details the short, wicked, two year reign of King Amon of Judah, son of Manassa. Amon perpetrated the idolatry of the abandonment of God initiated by his father. His refusal to His refusal to repent led to his assassination by his servants, followed by the people instilling his son Josiah as king. Unlike his father Manassa, who repented late in life, Aimen fully embraced the sinful practice of his father early father's early earlier years, forsaking the Lord completely and worshiping idols. Aimon profaned God's house with idols, and consequently his own house pallace, was defiled by his blood. The premature end to his reign demonstrates the consequences of persistent disobedience political instability. The conspiracy of his own by his own servants highlights the internal corruption and the lack of security that stemmed from his unright tous leadership transition to reform the people's action to kill the conspirators and elevate Josiah, who became a righteous king, indicated a desire for stability and turning point away from the wickedness of Manassai and Amin. Okay, so there we go, and we will We have enough time to do chapter twenty two, so we'll go ahead and knock that out. Let's go ahead and read some practical applications guard against idolatry. Reflect on the idols in your life that may be taking precedents over your relationship with God. Are there areas where you need to realign your priorities influence matters. Consider the impact of your actions and leadership on those around you. Are you leading others toward God or away from Him? Next, heed God's warnings. Be attentive to the ways of God. Be attentive to the ways of God, maybe speaking to you through His word, prayer, and the council of others. Are there warnings you need to heed? Repentance and restoration. Remember that no matter how far one strays, God offers forgiveness and restoration to those who genuinely repent. Okay, let's go over some additional scriptures that connect. We have Deuteronomy twelve twenty nine through thirty one, God's warning against adopting the practices of the nations around Israel, Second Chronicles thirty three twelve through thirteen, and Nassas. Eventual repentance in God's mercy is in is in Second Chronicles twelve and thirteen, and then Second Chronicles thirty three twelve through thirteen, and then Romans Won twenty one through twenty three. The consequences of exchanging the truth of God for a lie and worshiping created things. So that is very important, right to the consequences of exchanging the truth of God for a lie and worshiping created things. That is something that I think that that happens, right, Things become idols in our life. Right, So all right, so we are gonna jump to chapter twenty two. I think it just goes let me jump there real quick. I think twenty two just goes one and two, and then we're gonna do three through twenty Okay, perfect, yeah, we could we can knock that out. Let me just do a brief introduction to the chapter. So Second King Is twenty two unfolds the account of King Josiah, a young and righteous king who seeks to repair the temple, and it inadvirtually unearthed the Book of the Law. This discovery triggers a religious reformation in Judah, informed by the words of the prophetess Huldah. And let me get to my teaching points here. All right, let's go ahead and read Second King's twenty two. We'll read one through two real quick. Josiah's reign in Judah. Wow, he was eight, but he became king. Okay, So it says. Verse one says Josiah was eight years old and he became king, and he reigned thirty one years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Jedidah, the daughter of Adiah of boss Kapp. And he did what was right in the side of the Lord, and walked in the ways of his father David. He did not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. Hill Ka finds the Book of the Law Hilkai Okay. Second King's twenty two. Verse three says, now it came to pass in the eighteenth year of King Josiah. The king sent sa Safan describe the son of Azeliah, the son of to the house of the Lord saying, go up to Hilkai the high priests, that he may count the money which has been brought into the house of the Lord, which the doorkeepers had gathered from the people, and let them deliver it into the hand of those doing the work, who are the overseers in the house of the Lord. Let them give it to those who are in the house of the Lord doing the work to repair the damages of the house, to carpenters and builders and masons, and to buy timber and hon the hewnstone to repair the house. However they need to be accounted, they need however, they need to be no accounting made with them of the money delivered into their hand, because they deal faithfully. Let's stop there real quick. So Josiah's early reign. Josiah became king at a young age, and he did what was right in the side of the Lord, and walked in the ways of his father David, not turning aside to the right or to the left. His commitment to righteousness set the stage for national reform. And then in uh, we're gonna yeah, we're not going to do verse eleven there, so we'll continue, all right, Let's continue verse eight. It says, then has then uh Hilkiah, the high priest, said to Sephon the scribe, I have found the Book of the Law in the house of the Lord. And Hilkai gave the book to Sefon, and he read it. So Sefan the Scribe went to the King, bringing the king words, saying, your servants have gathered the money that was found in the house and have delivered into the hand of those who do work who oversee the house of the Lord. Then Sefon the Scribe showed the king, saying, he'll call the priest has given me a book, and Safon read it before the king. Now what happened when the king heard the words of the Book of the Law, that he tore his clothes. The King command, and he'll call the priest. A came the son of sefen Akbor, the son of Macaiah, the Sefan the scribe, and Isaiah I a Siah, a servant of the king, saying, go inquire to the Lord for me, for the people, for the people, and for all Judah concerning the words of this book that has been found. For great is the wrath of the Lord that is aroused against us because our fathers have not obeyed the words of this book, do to do according to all that is written concerning us. So he'll call the priest. So he'll call the priest Achaiam Agbor Safan. And Siah went to Hilda, the prophetess, the wife of Shaloum, the son of Tikvam, the son of Harness, keeper of the Wardrobe. She dwelt in Jerusalem in the second quarter, and they spoke with her. Then she said to them, thus says the Lord God of Israel. Tell the men who sent you to me, Thus says the Lord, Behold, I will bring calamity on this place and its inhabitants all the words of the book which the King of Judah has read, because they have forsaken me and burned incense to other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands. Therefore, my wrath shall be aroused against this place and shall not be quenched. But as as for the King of Judah, who sent you to inquire for the Lord, in this manner, you shall speak to him, thus says the Lord God of Israel, concerning the words which you have heard. Because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before the Lord, when you heard what I spoke against this place, and it gets an inhabitants, as they would become a desolation and curse, and you tore your clothes and wept before me. I also have heard you, says the Lord. Surely, therefore I will gather you to your father's and you shall be gathered to your grave in peace, and your eyes shall not see the calamity which I bring on this place. So they brought back the word to the king. Okay, so that's the end of chapter twenty two. So let me go over some notes that I have so Josiah's early reign. Josiah, the King of Amen, the grandson end of the Manassaiah, ascended to the throne of Judah at the tender age of eight, following the assassination of his father. His reign, which began six point forty BC, as noted for the significant religious reforms in a return to the worship of Yahweh, the God of Israel. Josiah's early reign is characterized by his commitment to restoring the covenanial relationship between God and his people, as outlined in the Torah. Josiah's reign came at the time when Judah was steeped in idolatry and moral decay, a legacy left by his predecessors, particularly Manassai, who was introduced various forms of pagan worship. The political landscape was also shifting with the Assyrian empire weakening, which allowed Josiah more freedom to implement his reforms without external interference. Josiah's early reign is marked by a profound religious awakening. At the age of sixteen, Josiah began to seek God, the God of his ancestors David. By the time he was twenty, he initiated a campaign to purge Judah and Jerusalem of high places as roth polls, carved idols, and cast images. This was recorded in Second Chronicles thirty four three through four. In the eighteenth year of his reign, while he was still young, Josiah began to seek God for the God of his father David. In the twelfth year, he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem of the high places the astraph polls to carve images and cast images. Carved idols and cast images. Then A pivotal moment of Josiah's early reign was the discovery of the book of the Law, which we read about when it was temple was repaired. As the temple was being repaired. This event is detailed in Second Kings twenty two eight through ten, which we just read. Upon hearing the words of the Law, Josiah towards close in distress. Recognizing the extent of Judah's disobedience in the appending judgment, He immediately sought guidance of the prophetess Hildal, who confirmed that the disaster would come upon Judah, but assured Josiah would not occur during his lifetime due to his humility and repentance. In response to the discovery of the Book of the Law, Josiah convent convened all the people of Judah and Jerusalem for the least of the Greatest, and read the words of the Covenant to them. He renewed the Covenant in the presence of the Lord committing committing himself to the people, which is going to be in Second Kings twenty three one through three, which I don't want to give you guys any spoiler alerts. So conclusion, Josiah's early reign is a testament to his dedication to restoring true worship in Judah and his desire to lead his people back to the covenant to faithfulness required by God. His refirms set a spiritual benchmark for the nation, even as the shadow of impeding judgment loomed over Judah due to the sins of previous generations. Then we have that part of the discovery of the Book of the Law. During temple repairs, He'll call the high priests found the Book of the Law, And when the king heard the words of the Book of the Law, he tore his clothes, signifying his deep conviction and repentance. Discovery of the Book of Law as a significant event in history of ancient Israel, recording in the recorded in the Old Testament, specifically in Second Kings twenty two and Second Chronicles thirty four. This event took place during the reign of King Josiah of Judah, a monarch noted for his commitment to religious reform and restoration of proper worship practices in the kingdom. So the Book of Laws generally understood to a form of the Torah, possibly the Book of Deuteronomy, or a collection of laws and commandments given by God to Moses. Its discovery was a monumentous occasion, as it revealed the extent which the people of Judah had strayed from the covenantial laws. Upon hearing the words of the Book of the Law, King Josiah was deeply moved and distressed, and Second King Is twenty two eleven states when the king heard the words of the Book of the Law, he tore his clothes. This act of tearing his garments was a traditional expression of mourning and repentance, indicating Josiah's recognition of the nation's sin and the personal commitment to rectify in the situation. Josiah immediately sought guidance from the Lord, sending a delegation to consult the Prophetess Hilda, which we've talked about already, and then religious reforms end up happening in Second Kings twenty three, which we're gonna get to. So this event emphasizes the role of the leaders in guiding their people back to the faithfulness and the blessings that come from obedience to God's commands. Josiah's rain through ultimately, though ultimately unable to avert the eventual judgment of Judah, stands as a testament to the impact of godly leadership and the enduring relevance of divine revelation. Okay, So, leadership and reform. Jrsiah's leadership was marked by decisive action. He initiated a religious reforms, Persian idolagy and restoring the covenant with God. His actions demonstrate the influence of godly leadership and turning a nation back to God. Okay. So, Leadership and reform are pivotal themes throughout the Bible, reflecting God's desire for his people to be guided by righteous leaders who enact change according to his will. The scriptures provide numerous examples of individuals who were called to lead and reform, often in times of moral and spiritual decline. Examples of this would be Moses, one of the most prominent leaders in the Bible. Moses was chosen by God to lead Israelites out of egypt bondage. His leadership was marked by direct communication with God, as seen in Exodus three, verse ten. Next, we have Joshua as Moses's successor. Joshua was tasked with leading the Israelites into the Promised Land. His leadership was characterized by faithfulness and obedience to God's commands. In Joshua one seven and then we have King Josiah was the next one known for his reforms. King Josiah sought to restore true worship in Judah. Upon discovering the Book of the Law, he initiated series of religious informs to get rid of the Nate, to rid the nation of Idola, chain return to worship back to Yahweh New Testament examples. We have Jesus Christ, the ultimate leader and reformer. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law and the prophets, bringing a new covenant through his life, death and resurrection. His leadership was marked by servanthood, teaching, and sacrificial love. In Matthew twenty, verse twenty eight, Jesus states, just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many. Next, we have the Apostles. After Jesus' assension, the apostles were tasked with spreading the Gospel and established the early Church. Their leadership involved teaching, preaching, and reforming the understanding of God's kingdom. Acts two, verse forty two describes their commitment. They devoted themselves to the apostles, teaching and to the fellowship, to breaking of bread, and to prayer. Next we have Paul as a former persecutor of Christians. Paul's conversion and subsequent leadership were transformative for the early Church. His epistles were filled with teachings and reforms aimed at guiding the church in doction and practice. In One Corinthians eleven, verse one, Paul exhorts be imitators of me as I of Christ. Okay, So those are great examples of leadership and reform. So let's go over a brief description of what we just read before I go over the practical applications. So in Second Kings twenty two three through twenty recounts King Josiah's initiative to repair the temple leading to the discovery of the Book of the Law. Upon hearing the neglected commandments, a repentant Josiah tears his clothes, prompting the prophetess Hildal to foretel coming judgment on Judah, yet confirming mercy for Josiah because of his humble heart. So, in the referation through scripture, the discovery of the Law likely Deuteronomy highlights that true revival and reform are rooted in returning to God's word rather than just procedural actions, a contrite heart. When hearing the impeding judgment, Josiah's response of humbling himself, tearing his clothes, and crying out to God demonstrates a soft heart which God honors even the face of inevitable consequences for the nation. The weight of disobedience. The reaction of both the king and the priest indicates that for generations, Judah had neglected, if not forgotten, the explicit instructions to the covenant, leading to deserved judgment, mercy, and judgment. While God confirms that judgment on Judah is inevitable due to Manassai sins, Hilldog guarantees to Desiah that because of his repentance, he will go to the grave in peace and will not witness the destruction of Jerusalem. Proactive leadership, Josiah's initiative in cleaning and repairing the temple signifies his desire to restore proper worship, settling a precedent for leading with intentional covenantial obedience rather than passive rule. This passes acts as a pivotal point in kings, showing a young king trying to turn the nation back to God, highlighting the profound impact of rediscovering God's word on a person and a nation. Amazing. So let me just stop the screenshare here and we'll go over some practical applications value of God's word. Just as discovery of the Book of the Law transformed Josiah's rain, we should prioritize reading and applying scripture in our lives. It has a power to convict, guide and transform us. Number two repentance in humility. Josiah's response to God's word was one of humility and repentance. We should cultivate a heart that is quick to repent in a line with God's will. Then, influence of leadership, whether in our families, workplaces, or communities. We can lead by example, promoting righteousness and encouraging others to follow God. Seeking godly counsels the next one. Josiah sought guidance for the prophetess Hilda. We should seek wise godly counsel when making decisions, especially those with spiritual implications. All right, some additional scriptures that connect we have Psalms one nineteen one oh five. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to guide my path. This verse underscores the guiding power of scripture as seen Josiah's life. James one two be doers of the word, and not here is only deceiving yourselves. Josiah's exemplified by acting on the word of God. Proverbs eleven, verse fourteen. There is no guidance. A people falls, but in abundance of counselors there is safety. Josiah's consultation with Hilda reflects the wisdom of seeking counsel. So that's it. So that ends chapter twenty two. Let me see if I have anything else to go over. Actually I'm sorry. That ends. Yeah, chapter twenty two, and I think I went over everything that's in my notes, so awesome. Thank you guys for tuning in. That was a lot of information to digest. I know it's two hours of a whole bunch of information, but it's stuff that we can learn from and apply to our lives. Especially the practical applications are always good. And also kind of see how people react to situations and we need to know as Christians we need to react differently than them. Right, So very interesting stuff. So thank you guys for tuning in. Let me just go ahead and end this in prayer. So, Father God, in the name of Jesus, thank you so much for giving us this glorious time. And uh, we want to learn from all these kings that were that were in uh that were in power, and learn uh to not go back to idols and not go back to any kind of worship or not to worship the host of heaven, you know, the the spiritual host of wickedness. You know, we want to we want to worship you, Lord, and you only so thank you so much for giving us this glorious time. Anybody that's listening, like I said, anybody going through any kind of hardships or anything that I just want to ask you please uh system in their lives. Also, there's been a lot of stuff Lord that's going on with ice and people getting killed, and and we're seeing stuff that's on the news that it just it's getting crazy, you know. So I just asked that you protect all the people. You know, I mean, whether it's someone's an immigrant or or or American, we don't I don't care. I just want you to protect all people, Lord, and UH protect all these people that are going in war and you and in Russia. You know, Lord, please we just asked for peace in these wars in Russia, Ukraine and Israel and Iran and all these different people that are trying to heat up and try to go against each other. Lord, and we just asked for peace. Please assist us with that. Lord, Please be sovereign with us and give us peace. So thank you for everything you do. Lord, thank you for this Bible study. Hopefully it's assisting people's lives. And thank you for allowing me to teach.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: We love you in Jesus' name. Amen. All right, guys, thank you so much for tuning in. If you want to check out my show, it's Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy Podcast. Also, I will be doing a debate on Saturday, January twenty thirty first, and I will try to share with you guys the channel that you guys could check that out on once it does post. Okay, thank you guys so much for listening, and God bless